Speaker 1: An exclusive interview with David Bassey for Dodger Talker. It's the Dodgers and Giants getting set for first pitch in Scottsdale, Arizona. Beautiful Scottsdale, Arizona, and we're joining right now by one of the Dodgers top outfield prospects, a guy that if you blink you will miss him, and that is Kendall George. Kendall, thanks a lot for the time. Appreciated, Thank you for having me. Everybody always talks about the speed, but how in the last couple of years have you tried to just be a more well rounded player.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think that's the goal every year, just going out there and trying to improve your game in all aspects. I think I've been doing a good job of that, just improving in every aspect every year, just getting better defensively and becoming a more well round a hitter and being able to use my ability to run more efficiently on the basis. So you know, every year, that's the goal, just to get better in every aspect of my game.
Speaker 1: What's the difference between Kendall George at this time last year compared to Kendall George coming into camp this year, just.
Speaker 2: A different outlook on the game, just more experience, more at bats under my name, you know, just going out there and just being able to learn as much as possible, and this year being in Big leade camp, just learning as much as possible from the guys that I want to be like and that are in this place I want to be.
Speaker 1: What's it like being in big league camp for the first time and you know, being part of a group that is trying to th repeat That's awesome.
Speaker 2: You know, It's like you think about me, You're kind of a part of history. Just being in a clubhouse with these guys and the amount of talent that's in this room. It's not something that you come by every day, and it's just really cool to be a part of and just being in the moment and being able to experience this.
Speaker 1: We always hear about what the Dodgers have built as far as culture and the infrastructure in the minor leagues. What is it about this organization that finds a way to bring the best out of guys like you?
Speaker 2: You know, I think the Dodgers do a great job of not making everything cookie cutter, allowing guys to be themselves. While improving in areas that they need improvement, but allowing them to keep their core kind of like their core values and like the things that make them themselves, you know, things that got them here, things I got them drafted, things of that nature. I think they do a really good job with that. I'm not putting everybody in a box and letting you go out there and play your game.
Speaker 1: Kendall George is our guest. All right, I've asked a few guys this question. Everybody has a story of where they were when the Dodgers won the World Series Game seven in Toronto last year. Where was Kendall George watching Rojas and Will Smith doing their magic.
Speaker 2: I was on my couch in my apartment watching the game. That's sad, but it was great. It was a great game. It was a great game. Watched it through the end. It was awesome.
Speaker 1: Do you want to guess whereas I Your hope told me he was.
Speaker 2: He had to be at home. I wouldn't imagine the being anywhere else but at home with his family so close.
Speaker 1: He said he was at the gym.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't have guessed that. I wouldn't have guessed that for sure.
Speaker 1: Hey, great, to share you with Dodger fans. Thanks for the time and keep going for sure, thank you, thank you. There he is the man. Kendall George has been our guest, and when we continue from Scottsdale Stadium, we'll get you the latest Dodger injury report right here on the back to back world Champion Dodgers Audio Network