Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from kf I am six forty.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: We're not all the same.
Speaker 2: There are losers, unfortunately too many of them listen to this show, and.
Speaker 3: We have an enormous number of them.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me retract those of you who I used to call losers who listen to the show.
Speaker 3: You are all winners, every one of you.
Speaker 1: And now handle on the news, ladies and gentlemen. Here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 3: It's a Tuesday morning. No it isn't.
Speaker 2: It's a Monday morning. What am I listening here this day? I don't know, you know, because what happens is uh and gives me the days, and I look up at I look at this rundown and whatever it says, oh wow.
Speaker 3: The rest of us have to get them from the calendar the sun. I have no I see what's happening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, seven am reads Thursday, eight am reads Monday.
Speaker 3: And they both read November third, November third.
Speaker 4: I know, okay, so I just got Thursday, all right, so we can redo that one.
Speaker 3: Okay. Who else waits for notes to know what day it is?
Speaker 2: I do, literally, I wait, I wait, I wait for notes to get my name correctly and you know that, Neil, you have corrected my name.
Speaker 3: It's part of your term.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know if it's part of my charm or not. But moving on later on, I'm gonna do I want to do a story about jobs and describing this one and what's going to happen to this job. I'll explain that is being a talk show hostes.
Speaker 5: On Saturday on the Fork Report, I had Kathy Rigby on, Oh, you know, they're there at the Lamarada Theater, McCoy and Rigby Entertainment putting on Peter Pan Goes Wrong.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 5: I don't know if you've ever seen any of these goes Wrong plays.
Speaker 3: I have not. They're fantastic and hilarious.
Speaker 5: She came on and she was talking about how to do a show purposely wrong, and I said, you don't need to explain. I work with Bill Handle every morning and it is every day the show that goes wrong. And she is a very talented lady.
Speaker 3: Oh, she's she's lovely. She and Tom.
Speaker 2: You know she still does I don't know in the last time she did Peter Pan, but that is kind of her iconic role. And she is Yeah, she was very very yeah, and Kathy Rigby is that internationally famous, insanely well known gymnast yep, yep, And.
Speaker 5: She's lovely and she's in her seventies and she's kicking and I don't know spoilers, but she she has got some fantastic work in this particular play too.
Speaker 2: All right, so Lamarada Theater, you should be on their mailing list, by the way. The other thing, first of all, let me say good morning to the crowd. Neil, good morning morning. Uh, there is Heather in today for the last day until Amy comes back. Morning Hey, and good morning, good morning, Billy Bop, Billy Bop. Oh god, that was a new one. Okay, haven't heard that one before?
Speaker 3: Billy.
Speaker 2: No, not Billy Bob. It was Billy Bop? Right, Did I get that right? No?
Speaker 3: It was Oh I got I got it, Billyop. I know. I got all excited there for a moment.
Speaker 2: And then, of course, Neil, okay, I did say hello to Will because I've already forgotten Willy Bop, Willie Bob.
Speaker 3: All right, Uh, Will, good morning, good morning? All right? All right?
Speaker 2: Now, Uh, Amy, I wish you were here this morning, Heather. That's not to say, that's not to say you weren't loved and you're not.
Speaker 6: No, but I have the same sentiment this morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I now there is a story. She goes this little tiny town in Oregon that her family's at and I don't know if you read the newspaper up there, because they're trying to wonder why this newsperson torched her car and no one quite, no one quite got that, and.
Speaker 6: Just was like running around in the street to us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, screaming yes and got.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to see how many cars are torched and garbage big bins are overturned.
Speaker 4: I know, I was like, of all the days for her to miss, like she's such a massive Dodger fan, and I know that she's celebrating in her own way, and I'm sure she'll have a lot more to say when she comes back tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Well, we when have Petro's come up this morning at what seven? And it's going to talk more about that is one thing that and I'm going to ask Petros about that. Maybe I missed it because that is the first baseball game that I have watched in its entirety, and I'm willing the yuest forty years, if not longer.
Speaker 3: Maybe fifty years.
Speaker 2: I'm just not a baseball fan, and I want you guy, your your opinion, you guys's opinion. I felt that this entire series, the the Jays basically outplayed the Dodgers. They were just a better team, and the Dodgers were all to pull it off because of a miracle. There a miracle there, but all the way around in terms of just baseball playing, skill set performance, I thought the Blue Jays did a better job.
Speaker 6: I think you're right. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh sorry, no, no, I yeah, yeah, you should be sorry. School in Canada at one point, I did.
Speaker 2: I did went to school for Yeah, I went to school for a year and a half in Canada. I don't remember a day of it because I was stoned every single day.
Speaker 5: Let me guess it was around the time of Vietnam pretty much, pretty much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, the Jays just seemed like a more cohesive team for this series, like they had. They just were making more smart plays, less errors, that sort of thing. And Petros obviously can talk to that, speak to that a little bit more. But even just watching the game the first six innings, it was, you know.
Speaker 2: Every time the Dodgers scored or did something, it was it almost seemed like lightning.
Speaker 3: In a bottle.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like an accident, right, and.
Speaker 2: Then and then and didn't play as well. Cono, you're shaking your head. You disagree with that?
Speaker 7: Well, yeah, that's been the narrative for a long for a couple news outlets that I've watched. But the Dodgers won, so No, they played better baseball.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers played.
Speaker 2: No you can No, you can win and not play better baseball or any sport.
Speaker 3: No, you can't. That's you would lose. You would lose. That's not true.
Speaker 6: You don't think they got lucky. You don't think there was a little bit of luck.
Speaker 3: I don't think there was luck.
Speaker 7: I think it was perfect placement in with Dave Roberts and the second baseman who knows who Miguel Rojas is.
Speaker 3: He's okaya, when's the last.
Speaker 2: Time agaellow world has had a home run?
Speaker 3: And really? Okay? All right, Neil, and then we're gonna go to the movie.
Speaker 5: No. I was just gonna say, maybe, you know, changing it around a little bit, not about baseball, but let's say radio. Do you think a radio host just because they have a star on the Walk of Fame or they're Marconi winner or they're doing the morning show in Los Angeles. Do you think that makes them the best radio show hosts? Absolutely not, absolutely not. And I'll tell you why. Okay, I'll tell you why.
Speaker 2: Because the year that I was nominated, all the other nominees were caught up in a pornography ring and they just they just were disqualified. I was the only one left.
Speaker 5: Hey, nobody's a bigger fan than me. But I do like busting your chops.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, I think there's a lot of default, I really do in the world.
Speaker 3: No, but they did win. I kind of agree. I am not arguing that.
Speaker 2: All I am saying is that sometimes you win by default and luck just hits you, that's all. It just hits you in the face, and you can't get out of the way of luck. And I think a lot of it happened.
Speaker 6: And will take it and will take Oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course you'll take it. Of course you'll take it.
Speaker 2: Now. In my case, I'm canceling my trash pickup for the next couple of days because it's all burns like an incinerator in my trash bin in front of my house. That's a they're torching trash bins joke.
Speaker 3: You gotta saw it.
Speaker 2: See there you go? All right, guys, Wow, let's do it. It's time for Handle on the News with heatherin for Amy Neil and me lead story. It's exactly what we've just talked about, the Dodgers having won the World Series against the Toronto Blue Jays. I guess the shame of it is, and I'm not gonna say it takes away from anything, but you have all of the players who win the series run out in the middle of the field and they cheer up and down and scream and rant and rape, and no one else in the entire stadium is saying anything.
Speaker 3: They're just.
Speaker 2: And there's more video coverage of the people that are upset.
Speaker 3: It's terrible.
Speaker 5: And there is references to watery eyes were all over the place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of that, a lot of Yeah. Two and two games in a row. I mean, it hasn't been done. What in too will say twenty five years or to me was.
Speaker 3: The last time that happened with Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So all it takes, I guess, is spending seventy million dollars a year on what two pelict players, three players? I mean, Cono forgive me, or correct me if I'm wrong. And that is the Dodgers by far have the biggest payroll in baseball.
Speaker 3: Is that true? They have the biggest payroll in baseball?
Speaker 6: And then they differ.
Speaker 3: The Yankees are about thirty million dollars. Off, it's not a lot.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 3: You got what's thirty million here?
Speaker 2: There?
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 2: That's one player anyway, Petros, Yeah, that's half a player, all right, Petro, that's the dwarf for the full size guy gets sixty million dollars. Okay, we're let's go ahead and continue. Oh and Petro's gonna be here seven twenty to break this down a little bit for us.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 4: So, speaking of trash cans burning, after the big win, thousands of Angelina's were downtown.
Speaker 6: They got excited.
Speaker 4: There might have been some LAPD officers deploy down there and tear gas. There was less than lethal weapons that they used to kind of get some of the rowdy revelers back in line.
Speaker 5: So oh so there were some watery eyes in La too. There were waterings caused by gas. But bump, it was crazy though. We were on Sunset Boulevard and a honky even the buses, the metro lines were honkying, oh yeah up, and it was it was absolutely we We could.
Speaker 4: Hear the fireworks in Glendale going off, like people just going going crazy.
Speaker 6: It was fine.
Speaker 2: Our neighborhood was on fire. Of course, it was literally of course it was I don't get this. So you win, Hey, that's great, that's terrific, the big Muzzle TV. And then you go home as opposed to going crazy out and say our team, our team.
Speaker 3: It's not your team.
Speaker 2: It doesn't belong it doesn't belong to you. If it were your team, you wouldn't have to pay to go see the game. You get this, it's still our team. There's a no, it's no, it's not our team. Okay, it's not.
Speaker 4: There's something La has been through so much this year that this win meant more to people than just winning a baseball game. It was a moment to have joy and celebrate and be excited.
Speaker 5: I will tell you in the woods, the graffiti already the day, the graffiti about saying how much better America is than Canada was crazy. I was dying at the with just vulgar language everything.
Speaker 2: It was very so they won, so so fair to say Dodgers won in four point four games. That's a reference to the exchange rate between Canada and United.
Speaker 4: That was told there'd be no math.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, one more and then we'll take a break.
Speaker 5: Okay, worst weekend for air traffic. We've been talking about this. Of course, the government is still shut down, going on a record now. But between Friday morning and Sunday night, there were ninety eight what they referred to as staffing trigger reports. That's ad FAA facility term. It means the air traffic controllers had to alter operations in some way or some form to keep the airspace safe. And this can mean rerouting planes, delaying flights, all of this. But uh not every staffing shortage results in delays. So even though you know some were delayed, some weren't, it still means that there's chaos going on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's going to get worse. It's going to get worse until this thing continues to get worse.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, it's not good news. Okay.
Speaker 2: So we went from hey, Dodgers win to hey, I wouldn't go any place to celebrate the Dodgers winning other than on the street. And if you're cold at all, you really want to get there close to the street and get as close to one of those bins as possible.
Speaker 4: So some people are saying that President Trump is sort of out of touch with what's happening in the country right now, because over the weekend he had a great Gatsby themed Halloween party in Florida, I believe at mar A Lago, and people thought that was a little bit tone deaf given the fact that many people are losing their food assistance this week starting on Saturday. And in sixty minutes interview he did, he was asked, you know, about what's going on, and he says that he blamed the Democrats and he called them crazed lunatics.
Speaker 2: You gotta get in credit for going in front of sixty minutes. He knew what was going to happen. I mean, there was no question. He was called on everything. This was not a Fox interview, and so I know he's there. I mean, yeah, he is out there. He does not shy away from being hit. As a matter of fact, just a minute ago, it was a video of him aboard air Force Air Force one where he comes into that hallway where the reporters are every single time and answers questions do.
Speaker 4: You think it was a bit tone deaf for him to have such a lavish party. Some people were calling it, you know, like.
Speaker 3: Yes, completely yes, I think it was completely tone.
Speaker 5: He's strange to do a theme that is about opulence during that time. I'm not saying you should have done, you know, Oliver, right, and everybody come, you know in dirty face.
Speaker 2: You you came to you, Well, you came to my Gatsby. I had a great Gatsby party a few weeks ago. That was a post post marriage kind of huge party.
Speaker 5: Weird because well, I guess stand outside and just watch you guys.
Speaker 2: Only the homeless people were were allowed to stand outside.
Speaker 6: This even invited Bill Handle.
Speaker 3: That's true, because you weren't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right, okay, yeah, alrighty.
Speaker 5: So Israel, uh received remains of more deceased hostages from Gaza. What a gruesome h process. So they get you know, basically parts of hostages and they take the remains. They were transferred to Israel via the Red Cross and then the country once they have them, take them to their national forensics laboratory and this is all the process to identify them. Right, So uh, it's it's it's gruesome, but US President Donald Trump, of course, said that the body of Israeli American dual national Omer uh Neutra was among the dead hostages.
Speaker 3: Apparently that Hamaski Israel on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Now, a couple of comments. First of all, we've talked about this before, the sheer inhumanity and animalistic aspects of Hamas and that is using hostages, dead hostages as ammunition, saying that we're going to use them to negotiate. We'll give you bodies back if you release prisoners. I mean, that is beyond belief. Also, no, this is in the middle of summer in Israel, in the mid East, where a lot of this happened. Without trying to sound too gruesome, Where do you keep bodies in the middle of summer when they're in no electricity? Yeah, the entire process, Yeah, it seems Yeah, I mean, think about that for a moment.
Speaker 3: And if they did refrigerate the bodies.
Speaker 2: Okay, again, I'm going to go into gruesomeness, which is the only way I think you could keep bodies. That means that the electricity used for that is not going to the top, is not going up above. So kids can have white and they can people can cook.
Speaker 3: Right, so anyway, must just not give a rodent spot. No, they don't, they do not.
Speaker 4: So we told you about this story last week in Mississippi where all those monkeys escaped after that truck crash. Well, one woman posted on social media that she found one of the monkeys on her property and this is what she said. A shot at it and it just stood there. So I shot it again and he backed up and that's when he fell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we know that the monkey was the research monkey was being used for AIDS research because the guy who was humping the monkey was not shot. I've done a lot of that this past week, having any monkey monkey humping. Well, actually it's chimpanzee humping more than you know, to be specific, because if you remember the when AIDS first happened, Okay, there was a well the crazy people, but there was a huge movement out there that says this came out of having sex with chimpanzees, and the chimpanzees were so offended by that by that concept.
Speaker 3: All right, let's do it one more then we'll take a break.
Speaker 5: You done a sad story, Yeah, it was a sad story chipped up at Mississippi. I bet you this wasn't even the first time a chimpanzee got shot in Mississippi. Well maybe one of those places where you hear stories that it's like, you know, snake robbed bank what although this may have been one of the first time.
Speaker 2: So the only times in Mississippi where a one of these monkeys were shot and was not made into dinner?
Speaker 3: Do you think she had all our teeth, the monkey or the woman that shot them. Either way, all right, that's enough making fun of it. And we have people that listen in Mississippi, and you know, for those of you who do, because they do it, they do it on online.
Speaker 2: We joke about, we joke about Mississippi in the South, but we mean every single word of it.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay.
Speaker 5: So a judge says that the Trump administration must make the food stamp payments by today or partial payments by Wednesday.
Speaker 3: But here's.
Speaker 5: Here's some of the craziness in this. Even though there is some money there, the SNAP reserve totals about five billion, but that is less than the roughly eight billion needed to pay full SNAP benefits.
Speaker 3: So even with the judge saying, hey, you got to pay, how are they going to do this? They're gonna give partial payments.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly what they're gonna do, partial payments. That's the only way you could, right, that's the only way you could. And now a couple of things about this is that the Trump administration is not paying for it, say, and now because of lawsuits, the administration has gone away from we're not paying, we're not doing anything pending the Democrats coming to the table terms of the shutdown, to we have to have the courts tell us what to do.
Speaker 3: We're not doing anything until this is resolved by the courts.
Speaker 2: Now I want to point well, at this point, yeah, but they're going to appeel it, and who the hell knows what's going on. But here's the part that I want to bring up, and that is when the armed forces the United States, which we're not being paid all right, what they were able to do, the Trump administration was able to do was to and this is good news, move.
Speaker 3: Money that was flying around.
Speaker 2: And take away money from maintenance in a few other areas and move that into paying for the armed services, paying for the soldiers, and good for them. I think that's great. In the meantime, there are specific reserves, there.
Speaker 3: Is money there that is there to pay for snap payments, and the administration wouldn't do it.
Speaker 2: So on the one hand, they found money where legally they aren't mandated mandated, and on the other hand they are mandated, and oh, we're not going to pay until the courts tell us to pay what the program is that we should pay.
Speaker 3: The gross reality is that we're pawns.
Speaker 5: And I say we the people that are not being fed under this circumstance are just pawns. They're just today anising them as you know, to try and leverage and it's horrible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the partial payments hopefully, I mean it's it's still going to be rough for people under any circumstances, but the partial payments will at least get some money there. And hopefully this shutdown ends over the next few days. So it doesn't look like it does look very close. What is tomorrow becomes the matching of the.
Speaker 4: Worst day, maybe thirty Tomorrow's thirty five Tomorrow and tomorrow thirty five And that was the longest shut down in the history United States under Trump first administration. All Right, some scary moments in London on a train eleven people were stabbed there when a man. Initially, police thought that there was two people involved, but it turns out there was just one person who stabbed eleven people. One of those people remains in people Yeah, remains in life threatening condition. And that person was identified as a member of the staff of the railway who tried to help and stop the person from stabbing everybody on the train.
Speaker 3: You notice that, Well, that's exactly the point that we're all. That's right.
Speaker 2: The knife control people are got they've gotten a lot of ammunition out of this one.
Speaker 3: Did that work? I think we should just really focus wanted to hurt other people? Okay, fair enough? All right? Trump bizarre even for him.
Speaker 5: Uh, Nigerians have this mixture of confusion and fear right now Sunday, people across that country. We're trying to decipher President Donald Trump's message on truth social.
Speaker 3: As he said that.
Speaker 5: Not only is going to stop aid to Africa's most populous country, but he was going to go in guns of blazing after accusing Nigeria's government of allowing the killing of Christians or what he talked said was terrorist thugs attacking our cherished Christians.
Speaker 3: And so that's where we stand.
Speaker 5: And he said he instructed the Department of War for possible action. And I think Nigeria is going Wait what.
Speaker 3: I mean?
Speaker 5: It's not like Christians don't get killed in other countries. But I kind of came out of the blue.
Speaker 3: I suppose. I think we had time for a couple more before the break.
Speaker 2: Oh, this is another Donald Trump statement made in the sixty minute interview.
Speaker 4: Yeah, more details on that sixty minute interview. Talking about Ice and Trump, President Trump saying he doesn't think they have gone.
Speaker 6: Far enough to enforce immigration.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean he was asked straight out about the number of people that are being held, that are being arrested who aren't criminals, and he said, and was asked, do you think you've gone too far?
Speaker 3: Nope, haven't gone far enough. Many of them are murderers. He was talking about.
Speaker 2: I think Venezuela where the murderers, they cleaned out the insane asylums, cleaned out the jails. They didn't What am I missing here? And does anybody refute that the same thing with well when it happened in Cuba during the Marcel the movement. Yeah, a lot of work cleaned out. Castro did exactly that, you know, fifty years ago, but not this case, I don't think so, you know, I find it interesting, you know, I know I do a lot of you know, anti Donald Trump stuff. I'm not a huge fan of the president, but have you noticed that everything or virtually everything is arbitrary. Congress doesn't exist. I will invoke the terroriffts, I will send troops. It will be my decision. And even when asked, isn't there a Congress, I make that decision. I'll tell him what to do and he means it. And by the way, it's true he does tell them what to do. I mean, that's the part that I have a very rough time with on either side. If a Democrat were to say, I don't care what Congress says, I'm going to tell you where we're going to go.
Speaker 3: I will invoke the terrorists.
Speaker 2: Even if there are laws that say Congress has a say in tariffs, I don't care.
Speaker 3: I'm going to do it, and Congress backs him up.
Speaker 1: Where do you go with that?
Speaker 2: And the only thing that's saving the filibuster is fewne who is the Senate majority leader. Donald Trump wants the simple majority to make that decision. The nuclear option in terms of the government shut down, meaning that you don't need the filibuster anymore. He said, well, sixty you need sixty sixty senators to make a decision as to something along the lines of shutting down the government or getting rid of a simple majority.
Speaker 3: And that's what saves some kind of negotiation.
Speaker 2: That's what it's about. With a simple majority, that negotiation doesn't exist. It's whatever the majority wants. It's that simple. And if the president has the majority, there is no Congress none, it doesn't exist. And that's exactly what he wants in the nuclear option. Well, here's the fear. The Republicans are doing it. Now wait till the Democrats come in, and you're going to see the nuclear option blow up in your faces. That's what they did with Supreme Court justices. Supreme Court justice is anybody that is sitting president and having a Senate on his side, wants anybody wants all right.
Speaker 5: In the category of listen, anybody with a heart. We don't want to see people torn from their families, especially if they haven't committed heinous crimes. But don't get involved with ice. Let them do their jobs and work through the system. Because another person, this is a person in Ontario who works at a food bank.
Speaker 3: Man, this can't get any more frustrating.
Speaker 5: Carlos Jimenez pulled over to warn what he says his side of the story, Warren a group of federal agents that they should wrap up their stop of a car quickly because school aged children would soon be gathering there to take the bus. Whatever happened, it seems that he backed up. They thought he was backing up into them, and one of the agents fired upon him in the car, hitting him in the shoulder. So sad story all the way around. They will have to iron out who did and said what. But don't get involved in this stuff. There is law enforcement going on and you know, leave it be.
Speaker 6: Leave it be. That's right you have to.
Speaker 4: So on Halloween morning, FBI says they stopped a potential terrorist threat cash Hotel at the Director. Cash Hotel posted on x that they thwarted a potential terrorist attack in Dearborn, Michigan, and a family there says that they were woken up by sounds of blast or explosions and smoke bombs and people shouting in Arabic and the community there in Dearborn is does have a large Arabic community, but the people, the family who's home that they entered into say that they didn't know what's going on and why they were being targeted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we still haven't heard anything since nothing as to whether that was a legitimate and that's and quotes legitimate storming of the home or mistake was made.
Speaker 3: And very few people will speak Arabic around there.
Speaker 2: I've heard that the screaming was saved Humas, save Rumas, but no one really knows.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, oh good, how many dialects of it there are? There are?
Speaker 2: Well, here is a fact that Dearborn Michigan has the biggest population of people who speak who are Arabs and Muslims in any place in the United States. Dearborn Michigan, after I think was the Gulf War, when Iranians who left.
Speaker 3: Iran where there was literally were the biggest patriots.
Speaker 2: The anti Iranian groups of people in the United States were nailed, they were vilified, and so they there's a lot of defense. There's a lot of defensive moves made in that community because it's tough.
Speaker 3: It's tough to be an Arab but Muslim in the United States.
Speaker 5: You know, where else it's tough to be something Mexico and particularly a mayor and even more, particularly a mayor who's fighting against the cartels. So Carlos Manzo famous in Mexico for saying what a few other politicians would and that is he says, you know, you need to have brute force against the cartel cartels. And he said, I'm sick of seeing, you know, Mexican mayors cut down by the cartels.
Speaker 3: And he says that we've got to do something. And a lot of people saw him as a hero.
Speaker 5: Well, on Day of the Dead celebration there in the central Square, he was shan dead city, I have three hundred thousand, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Taking taking the Day of the Dead very seriously. Well, that's they're in Michoa, Khan.
Speaker 2: But you do not want to say anything against the cartels. They own Mexico. I'm I mean, they own it outright. And it's a a when you have the civil employees, you have mayor's police chiefs, cops.
Speaker 3: It's almost as if or this whole corrupt. That's so corrupt, the cartels earn so much power.
Speaker 2: They tell even local cops either you take the bribes, either you do what we tell you to do, or we're going to kill your family.
Speaker 3: And they're dead serious about that. Which way do you go on that when that happens.
Speaker 5: Cartels should get Trump to hate them, because then everybody else will love the cartels.
Speaker 4: Yep, all right, in a surprise to no one. Traffic sucks all over the US, especially here in LA. A new report from Texas A and M Transportation Institute and the Urban Mobility Report says Americans lost an average of sixty three hours sitting in traffic in twenty twenty four. That's the highest level ever measured. And I spoke to ABC's Jim Ryan this morning and he says, the number one offender Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: No surprise. We we are the car community of the world. You know, we used to have a great transit public trails line. Do you know that the Red line one of the best in the country. And you know who shut it down? Basically the people that killed it, Triple A. The auto folks. They want to Oh yeah, we don't want we want cars, we want conve on it.
Speaker 5: It is a fascinating, fascinating story about Los Angeles because we have a horrible, horrible transit system now, oh.
Speaker 2: It's one of the worst. A matter of fact, that's a very good idea. And uh, it's an excellent idea deep dive on the history of transportation here in southern the Los Angeles with the red line cars and just what's happening in the subway which is hilarious, what's happening that's called.
Speaker 5: The red cars yea, and hearing stories of old Angelino's talking about the red car system and the red line system.
Speaker 3: We are done.
Speaker 2: Guys, KFI A M sixty you've been listening to the Bill Handles Show.
Speaker 3: Catch my show Monday through Friday, six
Speaker 2: Am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.