Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 2: I would like to take to task people who say they prefer winter over summer, because okay, we've already talked about it. It's gonna be balls cold the next few days, okay.
Speaker 1: And yesterday, even.
Speaker 2: Though it wasn't balls cold, it was still very, very cold, and I was chilled to the bone. I could feel my bones inside of my skin. And I would much rather be hot in the summertime and sweaty. And so many people say, well, I can always put on more clothes in the winter time, so I prefer winter over summer. Why explain yourself, Because I know, Jenny, you are one of these crazy people.
Speaker 3: I like to be cold, I like to put on more layers versus being hot. We're the only salvation you can feel is if you get into some crazy air conditioning. I just I don't know. I don't like being sweaty and hot. I would rather be cold and like have a bunch of layers put on.
Speaker 2: Don't you feel like bone chilled cold, like you can never get warm in the winter.
Speaker 1: No, I don't know. I don't think so.
Speaker 3: I mean, I if I'm really that cold, that means I probably need to go inside. Hi.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yay, you prefer winter. Correct, No, not at all. Oh, I prefer to be chilly, but not winter. I'm preferring summer because there's more things to do.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, there are more things today. I like the season of summer. But if I had to choose being cold versus hot, yes, I'm choosing.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because I can put on ten thousand blankets if I'm cold. If I'm hot, I can only get so naked.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: We know you love hot, you have human I will take hot.
Speaker 4: I've made a pledge to myself. Living in Minnesota. You can complain about cold or hot, but you can't complain about both. Yeah. So I will complain about winter, but I will never complain about summer because I love summer. The water is flowing, the trees are green, the grass is green, the birds are birding. Oh it's awesome. I love summer. I'll never complain about it.
Speaker 2: So I looked it up on Reddit here. So for the people who prefer winter over summer, their reasons are what follows. They like being cozy, no allergies, no bugs. I think that is valid. Soup you can eat seap during the summer, I will say you can eat soup all year. Run it's not so hot, football, skiing, no yardwork.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you have snow if you have to show that. Someone says, I love.
Speaker 2: The smell of winter air, especially when it's about to snow. It's hard to describe it. Yeah, okay, crispness is fine, but like, you can't match the smell of a rain store, no kidding, right after.
Speaker 1: Rainsh mode lawn.
Speaker 2: Right exactly, and the whole like, oh, the idea of being cozy, I like being cozy and putting on more blankets and cuddling up.
Speaker 1: Absolutely not.
Speaker 2: I'd rather bake out on the side and then bake from the outside in.
Speaker 1: That's what I want. I want to sweat. I don't like the winter. You guys.
Speaker 2: Anyway, if you want a tip for staying warm during these winter months, here's here's a tip from me.
Speaker 4: Does this go to holiday station stores?
Speaker 1: No, because they're not high things.
Speaker 2: Okay, well they're Jenny's thing, so she'll have to say yeah. But mine is to go to Como Zoo and hang out in the conservatory area in the fern room because it's like humid in there.
Speaker 1: Oh really, so you can go in it almost smell it exactly, you could smell it. It smells like green. Oh, it sounds so good right now. I think I might end up going there the next few days.
Speaker 4: You guys, you are not going to leave your house the next few days. You're gonna be You're real depressed. You're not depressed.
Speaker 1: I'm depressed because I hate the cold and my bones are cold.
Speaker 4: I have a friend who's got a titanium knee, and she says that she can feel that metal being cold in her body right when it gets cold. And I'm like, I believe her. It's not like I'm doubting her, but it's like, well, doesn't your body keep the titanium at body temperature?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I have, so you would think that your titanium knee is not going to get cold. You know, if you went outside there was like an anvil, Let's say, yeah, anvil is going to be very cold because it's metal and it retains cold. But your knee is inside your body where it should be temperature.
Speaker 1: Think about your bones right now.
Speaker 2: My bones are cold right now and I'm inside, but it's because it's so cold outside.
Speaker 1: I'm just freezing.
Speaker 4: You get a titanium knee, call me and let me know.
Speaker 1: Let metal plate.
Speaker 3: And I was told before getting that surgery of the metal plate in my wrist that a lot of people get them taken out after a year because you have to have it in at least a year.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And they get it taken out in the winter if you're living in Minnesota, because it gets really uncomfortable and cold and tight it really I definitely can feel some tightness in that wrist in the winter in the cold, but it's never bothered me to the point where I'm like, I need to get this taken out.
Speaker 4: See the person that told me this, they like to bitch a lot. Yeah, So I was like, oh, it's all in your mind and psycho okay, no psycho, sanatic cold and you're in your titanium knee. So I'll take your word for it if you text me and let me know. All right, Thank you, Bailey, Thank you guys. We'll be back in a minute. On Katie, you'd be. We're actually running early for once, which is surprising. So let me just tell you.
Speaker 1: It is a national day today, Happy holidays.
Speaker 4: Yes, and also there are exploding tree warnings all over the Twin Cities. This is a true story, but it's also not much of a danger factor. They say that when trees get really really cold, the sap, which is mostly water, can expand and explode. But they also said the danger of this is really small because trees in Minnesota have adapted to the cold and they basically unless they got really really cold, really really fast, it's not going to happen. So if your neighbor your friend is warning you about exploding trees, it's not really a thing. Never seen an exploding tree. And I've lived here a long time.
Speaker 3: I do have a story of witness seing a crime happen yesterday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what happened to an extent, I should say.
Speaker 3: So, I was at Dick's just shopping, and I was at the checkout and I hear the you know, the little beeper go off that says that someone's stealing something, And there's two people walking down the door of me in the cashier kind of look over to see what's going on, and this woman goes, oh, why didn't you tell me I was still holding onto this Because she was holding onto some closing item that had a sensor on it.
Speaker 1: She's like, I'm sorry, Like I didn't mean to do that, blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: Blah, and then she like threw it at the checkout and then they both walked out and the cashier was like, yeah, sure, I'm sure you didn't mean to do that. And then within seconds the cashier had a little head piece on he goes, oh, the cops are already called and they're coming. And so the cops still came, and I had like checked out, and I get in my car to drive away, and I see their car pulled over like a block away. So I don't know if they had the right to check their car to make sure they didn't steal anything else at that point, because they had proof that they were like trying.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So so I saw two cops surrounding this car.
Speaker 1: Another cop kind of slowly rolling up.
Speaker 3: I thought that they were looking at me, and I'm like in my cars like, it wasn't me, It wasn't me.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The second you see a police officer, you're like me, they're going to catch me, And they're like, you didn't do anything.
Speaker 3: I bought what I was first sing yeah, but yeah, I was like a little bit shocked at first, and I feel like I I've got a very like happier perspective on things, like I truly thought.
Speaker 1: They didn't mean to do it.
Speaker 3: They she didn't realize she had it in her hand and the sensor went off and whatever. But then I didn't think about that perspective, like they might have had something.
Speaker 1: Else, yes, hiding them.
Speaker 4: Stealing, Yeah, and that was their getaway ploy was like.
Speaker 1: Oh, I accidentally carried this out.
Speaker 4: Throw it on the counter in In the meantime, they got a bunch of stolen hockey pucks and you know, like racketballs and pickleballs under their jest.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I mean, I'm glad.
Speaker 4: The cops caught him, though good appreciate that. Liz is on the phone. We're talking about titanium body parts. Hello, Liz, have you any titanium body parts?
Speaker 5: I do?
Speaker 1: I have and a knee and hip.
Speaker 4: So my friend was talking about how she can do two knees in a hystor so. My friend was talking about how she can feel the cold because the metal gets cold in her body. And I'm not questioning her, but I'll ask I trust you. I don't trust her, Liz, you.
Speaker 6: Can trust me. It is horrifically cold, and when I go walking every day, when I come back in. It takes almost a couple hours from my knees and my hip to actually warm to like.
Speaker 4: It's surprising that your body doesn't keep that they tell you that they did.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so they told you that up front, but we will not. We are hoping to be out of this state within the next six months, and we were going west.
Speaker 4: Where are you going?
Speaker 6: Well, probably we're thinking Colorado, Nevada, not Minnesota. No, No. And it's really depends on the temperature outside. If it's below like I would say ten, that's when I really feel it the most.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you another question. Do you do you do you get a pain in your knee when it's about to be a thunderstorm?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do you really dielemetric pressure?
Speaker 4: Thanks for that. I believe the story now, Thanks Liz, have a good day. Yeah bye, right back. Describe where would you rather sit? Aisle or window on an airplane? Nobody's gonna say the middle, so that's not even an option. Do you like the aisle so it's easy access to get up and get out first, go to the restroom without going Can I just sneak past you? Because there's nothing worse than being on the window and there's somebody sleeping on the aisle and it's like a four hour flight and they just got to sleep, and you're like, oh, I got a piece so bad, excuse me, hi? And you know they're so annoyed with you? Or and do you like the view from the window or do you like the convenience of the aisle?
Speaker 1: You're a window person, right.
Speaker 4: Definitely, one hundred percent window person. I'd love to look out the.
Speaker 1: Window, so am I.
Speaker 3: But I have a flight next week for Tina's wedding, and I have a window seat. But I think I'm gonna switch to an aisle because I'm dealing with this like crazy pain that I've been talking about and I'm scared to be stuck in the window seat and maybe need to get up and stretch.
Speaker 1: But I'm definitely window seat.
Speaker 2: Otherwise, Bailey, I am an aisle seat one percent, because I don't like to look out the window. I don't want to know how far away I am from the ground and be nervous.
Speaker 5: Ten thousand feet bare minimum, No, you're definitely much more than ten thousand feet.
Speaker 4: Probably thirty seven thousand feet.
Speaker 1: Good, I'll stay on the aisle. I'm a window seat. Guy, I just I need someone to lay my head.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: I don't care if I have to push past you. Chances are all hold my bladder. Now, what about you?
Speaker 4: We're gonna do pros and cons tomorrow at about what eight o'clock or so, so it's gonna be more of a versus. It's not really a pro and con. It's window versus aisle. So what I need you to do is you're gonna call the station. Is that right there? Call right now, Call right now, sixty five to one, nine eight nine kd WB, and then tell us we're gona get you off the air, and then tomorrow we'll get you on the air at eight o'clock and you will write up a litany of reasons and justification for you to prefer the isle or the window. And people are really passionate about this or some people absolutely will not sit on the aisle and some people absolutely not sit on the window. So we'll do versus tomorrow. You can call and pick your side six five one nine eight nine KDWB. We'll get you on the radio tomorrow and it'll be kind of fun. And then you have a little homework assignment tonight to write up like a book report, like a little essay on why you prefer one or the other. We're doing Versus tomorrow at eight o'clock on KDWB.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 4: Jenny's been on Reddit.
Speaker 3: The Big US PWN Hockey Championships are coming to Lake Naicomas this weekend, and as of like I don't know last night, they're still on for Saturday and Sunday.
Speaker 1: But the reason I bring.
Speaker 3: This up is because there's people talking about the wild team names that are going to be playing at the PONN Hockey Championships. And I would love to hear if you play in some kind of wreck kickball league or softball or whatever, I'd love to hear your team name if you want to text it in. But here are some of the team names that they literally put in no effort. Old puckers, that's not too bad, old.
Speaker 4: I like that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, growers and showers too.
Speaker 1: Oh cheese, oh cheese. Some of these have nothing to do with hockey.
Speaker 3: Beef cakes, okay, camel toe, dregs.
Speaker 1: Yes, I don't know. I don't know hockey terms.
Speaker 3: So if you know something, Dave that I don't know, and maybe that makes sense, I don't know all right.
Speaker 1: Another one soft dump in the corner. These are literal names of.
Speaker 3: The hockey teams that are playing at the US Hockey Champion Jets.
Speaker 1: I like soft dump in the corner. I like the words soft there. That's really lovely.
Speaker 3: Okay, men with wood because they've got a hockey stas like yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. Okay, it's the name of the police. And one other one should have eaten hot dish.
Speaker 3: I think that one's funny, yes, like I not be playing hockey and negative tempertare.
Speaker 1: I think there there's one called butt Chuggers as well.
Speaker 3: That was entry and miracle on ice. That's funny, funny, And I wish I could remember the names when I was in my kickball leagues, because there was some really funny one like there's sit on my base that was gosh, I can't remember my team name, Someone's gonna come at me. And the one that I we want a bunch of championships I can't think of. There was balls deep in this Pitchy about that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have a tax that says for cornhole.
Speaker 2: League name was Forever slide it in, Slide it in, Oh.
Speaker 3: And news came into the Pond Hockey Turning was canceled as of this morning. We'll see that this was something I saw last night, so it's canceled. Yeah, messed up is I think it got canceled last year because it wasn't frozen. And then this series opposite the guy I'm seeing, he played in a hockey tournament last weekend in like Buffalo or something, and it was really cold for that even and like that was at least like single degree temperatures, not negative. I can't imagine like playing and what it is this weekend.
Speaker 2: But text and he says, I want to substitute on that team soft dump in the corner. A toe drag is where you handle the puck with the very.
Speaker 1: Tip of your stick.
Speaker 3: Okay, I was gonna say, I hope that that means something, because otherwise I do the name of the camel toe drag.
Speaker 1: That's funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, someone's bowling team. Their their name was Dolls with Balls. Okay, that's funny.
Speaker 1: I like that one.
Speaker 2: And then this team name was John Sattler and the Hot Body Bad Boys.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's cute. That rolls off the tongue. Yeah.
Speaker 3: One way to stay warm this weekend is drinking a bunch of energy drinks. So you can go to holiday station stores if you want and get by to get one.
Speaker 4: Free drink a bunch of energy drinks.
Speaker 3: Your heart's pumping, you get a little heated, it's sweaty.
Speaker 1: But also, like Dave made the statement.
Speaker 3: Yesterday, seriously, if you haven't gotten gas and you need it, do it today because tomorrow it's going to be negative eight of a high tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Like, do not wait till tomorrow.
Speaker 3: If you are at almost e today, okay, go get your gas.
Speaker 4: It's already too cold to get gas. It's four right now, but it's only going to get worse by five o'clock this afternoon. It's going to be ten degrees below zero middle of the night Tonight is going to be twenty one below zero, and tomorrow at exactly this time, twenty two below zero. So four might sound awful and torturous to get it this afternoon or this morning, but go do it anyway. Layer up, folks, layer up and go to a holiday station store. You brought up bowling balls a little while. Yeah, the reason it comes up on you can't make this stuff up is there's a list of things that they don't want at Goodwill. So people will try to bring bowling balls. They don't want bowling balls a good will.
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 4: I don't know, they just don't. But I get a list of things that people try to bring by Goodwill to donate and they don't want it. So in case you're wondering, I got the list for you. Next on KDWB. You think you can just use Goodwill as like a garbage disposal and take all your old crap down there, Like you had a bunch of dry wall in your garage. I watch take the dry wall down to the good Will. They don't want it. Here's a list of things that Goodwill doesn't want, and it's I mean, to me, it's surprising they got to even put some of these on a list. Like literally broken stuff, they had to put that on the list. So if youve got a broken bookshelf, they don't want it. Wet stuff they don't want it. So something that's been water damaged, Like I got a bag of concrete that's water damaged in my garage, been sitting there for six years, and I tried to take it down to the Goodwill, and Picky, Picky, Picky. See it's a made up story guard. You're not even paying.
Speaker 1: Attention because I don't think it's funny.
Speaker 4: Wow, I hate you back, Drake. Yeah, okay, things they don't want bowling balls. I don't know why they don't want bowling balls that good will. You would think that maybe they would, but I'm gonna guess they're so customy, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: But they're not. They're just but they're not.
Speaker 4: Well they are with finger holes and the finger spacing and the weight. But then again, when you go to a bowling alley and you don't have a own ball, you get to you know, you go pick up one close enough.
Speaker 1: You bowling balls are custom made.
Speaker 4: Serious people, Yeah, I have, I have. I used to bowl, and I have a custom made bowling ball. That doesn't surprise me. That checks out for you. Nerd, No, not nerdy, just the fact that you went and bought am bowling.
Speaker 1: Ball when people are good at bowling. Well okay, yeah, actually though, yes I agree.
Speaker 2: If I was taken bowling on a date and my date was really good at bowling, I'd be like, that's like when Jenny does math.
Speaker 4: It's great, It's it's like mini golf. Yeah, but it's I mean, you know, it's debatable which is more fun. But bowling is a lot of fun. It's a great indoor bonding activity. You watch your friend, but you play on a team and it's yeah, and I don't even go bowling. We should go bullying bowling one time with the Moth Fallon and Steve back when the show. Yeah, I want.
Speaker 5: To make any more dates with us that aren't gonna happen, that's true.
Speaker 3: I have a question though, before we potentially set up a bowling date. Are you guys the type of bowlers who like you start a game and you actually keep going through the game, or do you get distracted with conversation and when it's your turn you don't realize and you're still sitting there and everyone's waiting for you for like five minutes because it's your turn. All of the above, I think I can't go with you. Then I want the cane to keep moving. I need a fun like moving.
Speaker 4: Pa if I gotta win everything.
Speaker 3: I didn't say anything about winning. I get so frustrated when you're like, all right, I want to go, but somebody else is chit chatting away for their wings.
Speaker 4: The other things they don't want Goodwill. Chemicals and paint. A lot of people have like old turpentine or Coleman lantern fuel or paint that they try to give to good Will. They don't want it. Carpeting is another one. When you get carpeting put in your house, the carpet people will usually zee Erres does carpeting, by the way. They'll usually leave the spare pieces in your storage room and people will try to bring it by. They don't want it. Water Beds because yeah, you had a water bed that you bought back in nineteen eighty nine and nobody wants it anymore. Hot Tubs they don't want your hot tub.
Speaker 2: I feel like a hot well obviously, Like I don't think I would buy a hot tub at Goodwill, but I would buy a secondhand hot tub because then all you have to do is deep clean it and then it's a brand new hot tub.
Speaker 1: How do you pick up a hot tub and drop it off at Goodwill?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 1: Is that I'm not big car? Yeah.
Speaker 4: Other things they don't want a good Will. Construction materials, so like a stack of shingles or a stack of plywood, they don't want it. Office cubicles because a lot of officers will, you know, remodel and they have their cubicle walls. They don't want those either. Tires, No, they don't want your tires at Goodwill. Built in appliance is like a built in dishwasher. They don't want. They don't want that. No, propane tanks not allowed. Oxygen tanks for scuba diving. Old news. A lot of people have collected old newspapers. It said one day there's gonna be worth a lot of money. All right, it's got the Space Shuttle exposion on the cover of the new That's.
Speaker 2: The stuff that you donate to the antique shop, not good Well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, most of the stuff I would never ever think to take to Goodwill.
Speaker 4: Well that's what the point was, is like, I can't believe some of these people even need to be told. And then another one is Encyclopedia's because encyclopedia. They used to be a staple of every household. We had encyclopedias. When I was a kid, I stole so many things word for word. That was our chat GPT of the day back then. And now nobody wants an encyclopedia because Wikipedia.
Speaker 2: We always look into the cyclopedias because we wanted to see like boobs.
Speaker 1: Nobody also reads books anymore.
Speaker 5: I was talking at my little sister, and my oldest sister is fifteen, but she even said that they don't have textbooks in school anymore. Everything's like things online, and I'm like, that's so crazy.
Speaker 4: Is that true they don't have textbooks in schools?
Speaker 1: No, it's yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean they all have like a chromebook, But like, I didn't know that your books are on your chromebook because kids are still walking around with the backpack eight times the size of them.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm sure you have notebooks and bind it. You just have to write. Honestly, I don't know how the textbooks.
Speaker 4: You're looking up boobs in the encyclopedia.
Speaker 1: Go back to that? Where were you finding boobs and the like?
Speaker 2: Under like an you look up like anatomy just to because if you'd see, like, okay, I'm going to look up like the female anatomy, and then you'd see boobs and you'd.
Speaker 1: Go, why were you looking them up?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 1: Were you like I want these ones?
Speaker 2: Just because I mean, you'd also look up peene and so you would just go to that when.
Speaker 4: You go.
Speaker 2: Because it's literally just like you know, the anatomical drawing that you see in like the doctor's office, but you get to see it in the encyclopedia and then you just look at it.
Speaker 4: You go, BA, all right, that is you can't make this stuff up. Brought you by the Leo Agency. We've got the Oscar nominations, most of them coming up in a second. On Dave's Dirt. We'll get you all the big Best Picture noms and the Best Actor all the Noam's coming up next on KDWB.
Speaker 1: The dirt following gossip is made up by Dave. It's Dave's Dirt.
Speaker 4: On KDWB, I'm going to give a little shout out to Carter, who is celebrating his ten year bone marrow transplant birthday. So whoever tax it in said we love you. And I'm not sure if that is the employees at Anderson Windows that love you, or if it's your parents that love you, or maybe it is the staff at AUNTI Yanny's Principles at Mall of.
Speaker 1: America, maybe the person who got your bone marrow.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm not really sure, but anyway, I'm celebrating ten years bone marrow transplant birthday. So Carter, thank you for listening. Hey, we were doing this a little while ago. We just need one more phone call. We're doing versus so aisle seat versus window seat on an airplane. So every Friday at about eight o'clock we put a couple of people on who have actually done a little writing things up, and we need somebody who supports the sea the aisle seat. So we got a lot of window seat people, but we need one more. We need one specific aisle seat supporter.
Speaker 5: Correct.
Speaker 4: Call now six five nine eight nine KTWGB and we'll get you on tomorrow. But at eight o'clock you'll be on the radio. You'll be able to brag your friends go, oh my god, it'll be on the radio on KATILGB. How did you get on KATLGB? Well, I called in to talk about how I love sitting in the aisle seat. Six nine eight nine KDBG be call now reserve your spot. You'll be on tomorrow.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: Well, it's going to be very cold this weekend, as we know, so if you want to sit your butt on the couch, there is a new show on Netflix that's coming out or already came out. It's called Finding Her Edge, and it's based on the young adult novel. It's a figure skater who's torn between her new partner and her former partner, who is an ex boyfriend.
Speaker 1: All of eight episodes are available today.
Speaker 3: If I didn't have plans this weekend, my butt would be on the couch watching this because this is definitely on my alley.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I want to know if they're now just taking like all of these kind of chick lit books and then turning them into TV shows because he did. Rivalry was a book as well, and now it's TV show that everybody. Speaking of TV shows, Reese Witherspoon is a producer of a new Legally Blonde prequel called Elle, and this will come out on July first on Amazon Prime. And they're so high on the first few episodes that they've already greenlit season two.
Speaker 1: So it'll be Elle.
Speaker 2: She's like a high school student, so prequel to Legally Blonde to see kind of what made her.
Speaker 4: Vaunts on the phone. Right now, I'm looking for a pro versus con do we have the Academy Award nomination in.
Speaker 1: Front of me?
Speaker 3: So basically, one big thing is that the Sinners broke the record because they have sixteen nods and then one battle after another has thirteen. Sorry, my internet's going slow, so it's taken a while to scroll down. But I do have all of the nominations for the top movie.
Speaker 1: So best Picture goes to God. You guys, it's like going, yeah, going up.
Speaker 3: So Best Picture is going to Marty sp Frankenstein or these are the nominations Marty Supreme, Frankenstein, Hamnet, One Battle after Another, The Secret Agent, Sentimental Value, Sinners and Train Dreams. Actor in a leading role Timothy Shallome for Marty Supreme, Leonardo DiCaprio and One Battle after Another, Ethan Hawk in Blue Moon, Michael B. Jordan and Sinners, Wagner Mora in The Secret Agent. To Actress in a leading role is Jessica Buckley and Hamnet, rose Byrne and if I had legs, I'd kick you, Kate Hudson in Song Sung Blue, Renette Rinsby and Sentimental Value, and Emma Stone and Bogonia. There's obviously a million more, but those are probably your top ones there.
Speaker 4: It's interesting because I've seen three of the Academy Award Movie nominees. I've seen Sinners, Marty Supreme, and One Battle after another of One Battle after another, I loved it. It was great. It was just such a it was such a bizarre, weird movie.
Speaker 1: Can you explain it without giving spoilers?
Speaker 4: I don't even read member it really but really good. But it's I my mind does not keep the content of a movie inside. There's no room for it in there. They'll be like, yeah, so you saw Apollo thirteen. What was it about? Oh god, I think Tom Hanks was in it. I mean, it's like, I just don't recall. It was good. It was long. I want to say it was maybe close to three hours long. Wow, But it was entertaining all the way through. Yeah.
Speaker 2: My dad always go like, makes it a point to see all of the Oscar nominees. Yeah, before the Oscars comes out. He's like, well, I got to see all of them.
Speaker 4: I was really proud of the year that slum Dog Millionaires nominated because I had seen it. I like, oh, yeah, so that one, because normally nobody goes and sees slum Dog Millionaire, but I did, and I was really And then what was the other one? Last chach a Lot was there a movie? Yeah, but I'd actually seen that one too, with the same artsy fartsy friend that took me to see slum Dog Millionaire and it's like, who.
Speaker 1: I did see? It was a moon light with the one that won.
Speaker 2: Ever, no, it was the one that won over La La Land when they said La La Land and they're like, oops, never mind, it's not that one.
Speaker 1: I did see that and that was really good, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: I always go to an Oscar's party and that's my favorite part of it. Another award show that's happening is the Grammys, and they announced six more performers that will be at the ceremony and they were going to be all of the.
Speaker 1: Best New Artists.
Speaker 2: So the nominees for Best New Artists for the Grammys are Alex Warren, Olivia Dean Somber, Katsi, The Marias Addison, Ray, Leon Thomas, and Lowly Young and they are all going to be performing at the Grammys. And we've already established that Sabrina Carpenter is performing at the Grammys too, So that's at least seven potential people or no even more one, two, three, four, five, sixty seven, eight nine nine. That's nine different performers at the Grammys. Hey, so this woman we didn't talk about doctor pepriet.
Speaker 5: Do we So this woman went viral not too long ago for just singing a random Doctor Pepper jingle just on TikTok, and they found it and they made it a thing.
Speaker 2: I have a theme song for Dr Pepper and it goes like this, Dr Pepper.
Speaker 1: Bay Bee, he is good and nice, Doctor Pepper bay Bee.
Speaker 2: Good, Doctor Pepper bay Bee, Doctor Pepper bay Bey.
Speaker 5: And nast It is so crazy how easy it is for people to go viral. But we cannot talk about commercial jingles and not mention the greatest one made in the past year Shaboozi singing for Domino's.
Speaker 4: Domb I know, oh, I never forgot about that.
Speaker 1: But I love it. Have you not seen it? It's been on a lot of commercials for football games, I think so yeah.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 3: I was like, I didn't know that it had actually become a thing, and then I started seeing it on commercials when I watched the actual TV with commercials.
Speaker 4: Taylor is elected to the Songwriters Hall of Fame. Deservedly so. She is the youngest female ever to achieve this honor, but the youngest ever was again rightfully so well deserved. My youngest hold on it is, where'd it go It go Iter nominated when he was or inducted. I believe when he was thirty two years older. Did you know that used to call him little Stevie Wonder? Did you know this? Because he was a kid when he first when I think when he did his first pop song, it was called The Fingertips Part one. I think he was eleven years old. What now. I might be a little bit wrong on those, but I think that when he was first had a radio song, they called him little Stevie Wonder because he's like a little kid.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that little or litl litl little Stevie Wonder.
Speaker 4: I don't think lil. I don't think lil was a thing back opportunity. I could be a couple of years off on that, but I believe that's true.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Dolly Parton recently turned eighty and she was the Crimes with something from Bono. There's a clip of this that we can play because it involves something that Bailey would love.
Speaker 4: Bono got her bagpipes.
Speaker 3: Bono got her a live bagpipes different though, I see Okay got.
Speaker 1: For her eightieth birthday. Just shoot me, what do you mean?
Speaker 4: Absolutely? Yeah? You on behalf of the whole bound.
Speaker 2: In no way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like when sounds like it they showed up to her house.
Speaker 3: Sounds like when someone sends like a little Mariachi bound into your office for your birthday, or sometimes she sounded like she was.
Speaker 1: Like Adam, probably he's just like wow, nice. I would have loved that.
Speaker 6: Though.
Speaker 3: We always get build a bagpiper in for Bailey's birthday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that means they stole it from us, because that.
Speaker 3: Was clearly listening to the day Ryan in the Morning Show and was like, that's a great idea. I'm going to do it for Dolly Parton's birth and.
Speaker 1: I'm going to steal it. Wow.
Speaker 2: So we talked about this a little bit yesterday, but it's happening this evening. Harry styles you guys, this dropping his first track from his upcoming album Kiss All the Time.
Speaker 1: Disco occasionally singles called Aperture.
Speaker 2: Set your reminders, you guys for tonight, I do.
Speaker 4: Want to hear it. I'm six. What time debuts tonight?
Speaker 2: It's seven seven, Yeah, you can hear it six, Okay, six o'clock here on KATIEWB you can hear it.
Speaker 1: But it was funny we talked about it a lot yesterday.
Speaker 5: Speaking of hearing songs, we all know this song one of the biggest songs to come out of twenty twenty four from post Malone and Morgan walland Well, there is a country singer or country writer named Ernest and talking about how that song came to be real quick.
Speaker 1: I had some.
Speaker 6: This.
Speaker 7: I had some help in like twenty four minutes. There's a twenty four minute voice note of I had some help. From start to finish, the music's going, the vibes going, we kind of start spitballing ideas, we get a good chunk boom, there's the chorus, second verse, everybody's thrown in and then yeah, twenty four minutes.
Speaker 5: We look up.
Speaker 7: It's like, all right, let's go record the demo. And we had Morgan m Posts on the demo that evening and we drove around listening from the studio to the bar that night. We were listening to I had some help Morgan Waile and post Malone that night, like oh yeah, we got one so iconic.
Speaker 4: I think that's so interesting. How you'll hear this amazing songs Like, yeah, you know, wrote it on the bus, was on the shuttle bus on the way from the rental car lot to the airport, and I came up with the climb and it's like, well, that's a song that is amazing. A couple of more quick stories. This is one that I'm very interested in. It is the skyscraper skyscraper thing on Netflix. I've been seeing kind of the preview trailer promo for it. So it's a rock climber. His name is Alex. He's gonna ail the outside of Taiwan's tallest skyscraper live on Netflix Friday, with no ropes, no safety net, and no second takes. It starts at seven o'clock Minnesota time on Friday, so that's where I'm gonna be probably gonna get like, oh, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know, dumb, should you really should?
Speaker 4: He became a legend by climbing the three thousand foot face of El Capitan in Yosemite with no ropes, harnesses, or a safety net. His dare devil feet was documented in the Oscar winning film Free Solo. Now let me again reiterate this guy is crazy enough to climb basically a solid, sheer face of rock with no ropes, ptan safety nets, elastic bands around his ankles, mattress at the bottom of the hill. Nothing like that at the bottom of the hill. Nothing like that is amazing. I hope he makes it, but it's going to be like wo wow.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, I'm just gonna mention one more time that I am hosting Jenny's Fit Club today. It's a monthly fitness class I do with you who listens to the show.
Speaker 4: I love that you do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's free. I have some spots open. I know it's kind of last minute, but it's going to be at noon today. It's at Flight, which is a steermaster and strength training gym, and we're gonna be at the Maple Grove location. They've got a few different ones I kind of rotate, but the Maple Grove just open this month, so I thought i'd hit that part of the cities because I've done the East side of the West Side whatever. We're going up to Maple Grove today. So if you're interested and free at noon, you can go to my Instagram story at Jenny KATWB and there's a little link right there that you can sign up and I will email you if you got in. And I've said this before, this is totally up to like your skill level.
Speaker 1: Whatever you want to do.
Speaker 3: If you barely want to walk on the stairs, good for you. Honestly, we're in the same boat today because I'm in severe pain. I can barely lift like a five pound weight. I'm barely going to be working out today. I'm gonna be like hanging out. I'm probably going to be dancing. I don't even know if I will work out truly. I'll probably like hop on the steers for a little bit. It'll start to hurt. I'll go to the floor. I'll maybe lift a five pound weight, maybe two. And that's it for me today.
Speaker 4: So you play your own skill level, on your own fitness level. I think that's great. I remember I went to the sponsored i think Girls' night out and they were a gym down in me Dinah, and they were so wonderful and I can't remember their name. They're like, Dave, come down and work out with us. I'm like, okay, I'll be and so these women and it was nearly all women just ran circles around yeah, And I was like, oh, this is hard. Pretty much, I've got a two and a half pell and dumb bell. I'm like alternating arms because yeah, yeah, so go go check that out and I think, what yep, that's going to do it for the dirt. We'll be back in a second. We got stuff coming up. Do we got conen great tickets to give it away? Do we give more? Yeah, we have more of those War of the Roses coming up next on kd WB. If you missed it, it's it's a spicy one and you got to figure out who who's right? Is it him or her?
Speaker 3: Coming up next, real life stories and a lot of laughs.
Speaker 1: But Dave Ryan Show on one on one point three kd WB.
Speaker 4: We make a lot of decisions for our kids. Is it time to know? Are they old enough to fly on an airplane? How often should they should? When should they have a sleepover? What age? But another one is the right childcare. This is one of the most important decisions you'll make, and I strongly suggest you check out New Horizon Academy. They are just top notch in every sort of way. They're so top notch that they want to have you come by for a tour. They'll show you around, probably give you a free juice box. I don't know. You might as well ask while you're walking around at New Horizon Academy. They've won awards from employees because people love working there. They won awards from educators and basically, here's one Minnesota parent Best Preschool and Childcare and Minnesota's Best Childcare and Preschools Silver Winter. So your kids will love it. You'll love it, and you can leave them there when you drive off to work with peace of mind knowing they're gonna have a great day schedule that tour. Don't forget to ask for the juice box. New Horizon Academy