Speaker 1: All right, it is Mojo in the morning show where my doordashers at. We got any listening to the show. So yesterday was kind of an insane day. I had so much going on, and I had a meeting after the show, and I was trying to figure out, like what I was going to do to get something to eat, because I had not eaten since my you know, egg bites basically here in the the studio that I do every single morning, and so I was trying to figure out, Okay, where could I stop fast pick something up before I was going to go and be in this meeting. And then I thought I can't even think of anything. So then I thought, oh, you know what, I got an idea to do, Smarty guy hair, I'm going to door dash something for lunch and eat it in my car just before the actual meeting. So I figured i'd park up next to where I was going and I would wait for the DoorDash person to pull up, because I could see them pulling up at the time, and I say, hey, that's me, you know here, I'm Tom showing my DoorDash and eat it. Well, what ended up happening was it took forever for them to come and the meeting time fast arrived, so I said, I cannot be late for this because it would look really bad.
Speaker 2: To be late.
Speaker 1: So I went in to the business that I put down for the address of this store. Dash sat there in the meeting and I had a total I don't know if you guys remember this reference at all, but I had a total fast Times at Richmond High moment.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you ever saw that show. That show.
Speaker 1: In the show, Sean Penn was a high school student and mister Spaccoli was the teacher, and he had a pizza delivered to the classroom door. Do you remember that at all? You don't remember that at all. Mister Spacoli was like, who is this hair?
Speaker 2: Right now? He was all upset.
Speaker 1: Hold on one second, hold on, this is mister, mister Spaccoli here, Hold on the guy's where's the thing at hold on?
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't have it. I don't have the audiot. You got the audio? I'm watching you. Oh you're watching it on YouTube.
Speaker 1: So I had I had this whole moment, and the moment was all of a sudden, We're in the meeting and you see a guy walking with the red, big red bag, and it's like this twenty something year old dude and he's like comes up and they knock on the door and they go, I'm here for Tom.
Speaker 2: I'm here to deliver. That's it right there, kV. Yeah, that's exactly it right there.
Speaker 1: So I had so I had the uh, I had the delivery happening right at them. I got done beyond juice there you go, and sausage there you go, a pizza delivered right to the class. So it got me thinking of this happening to me in this moment, and they were very cool about the whole deal.
Speaker 2: I felt bad.
Speaker 1: I was eating a gluten free wrap with a total energy So I had the the juice too, and it got me thinking of I wonder if school teachers have this happening in class too. Now, probably with DoorDash being a or uber eats or what does the.
Speaker 3: Grub hub forgets to pack a lunch. Yeah, she's sending something.
Speaker 1: Like you have all of a sudden, now you're delivering food basically to classrooms.
Speaker 4: A lot of schools now said no, no more to that, because it's like, what.
Speaker 1: About has anybody ever had had a DoorDash delivered to them in a meeting like this.
Speaker 4: I do it sometimes if I'm getting my hair done at one society and I am like so starving, and I'll always ask, Kelly, are you cool if I just DoorDash something here because I know I'm going to be here for a few hours something, and so yeah, all door dash like Chipotle or something to the hair salon.
Speaker 2: Do they They walk up to the reception desk and go, yep, look she's right there, right there.
Speaker 3: Just happened to me at the radio station because I always get stuff DoorDash here and I see Brandon walking around with it. All the salespeople like who is this? Whose is this? And then Jammay tells me that they almost ate it themselves because they didn't know who it was. I'm like, it's mine.
Speaker 1: My favorite is when security will bring it in and they'll like, pop, yeah, you know that he wants.
Speaker 2: What's going on? It's Mojo in the morning? Hello, Hello, Hi? Who is this? What's up? Lisa? How are you doing? Good morning? Yeah? You ever DoorDash to work?
Speaker 5: Yes? Like every night?
Speaker 2: Do you really? What do you do? How do they get to you in the hospital?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 5: You know what I used to work in the prison, So this is a lot better.
Speaker 2: Wait, could you DoorDash to a prison?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that would be obviously as a DoorDash driver, I'd be scared, like, I don't know if I want to go through all that layers of security.
Speaker 2: What if the inmates door dash? Could you No?
Speaker 5: I was actually calling because it's mister Hand, Spacoli, mister.
Speaker 1: Hand, Yeah, mister Hand. Do you remember so you remember that, you remember that movie scene that was the greatest all the time? If dude, this is our time, if this is remember he said that, he goes, you're he goes, you're ordering a pizza on my time. Mister Han says it, and uh, Spaccoli says, dude, if you're here and I'm here, this is our time. It's honestly a great movie that that might be one of my favorite scenes from a movie.
Speaker 2: What's going on? Mark? How you doing?
Speaker 7: Good morning?
Speaker 2: Good morning?
Speaker 6: Features mister hands, Oh, everybody's I understand, I understand.
Speaker 2: You gotta watch this movie, have you question the best part of that movie is the pool scene.
Speaker 7: The wreck.
Speaker 5: Damn, my dad, it's a repair man.
Speaker 4: You've got the best set of tools.
Speaker 1: The pool scene is every teenage boys first masturbation scene really Oh yeah you yeah, you watched that one and your you're hanging out with yourself with mister hands.
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 6: Jay?
Speaker 2: How you doing enough about these.
Speaker 8: They were talking about, like you were wondering if teachers have to deal with this. At the high school that I go to, we're not allowed to door dash or grub hub anything.
Speaker 2: When you were you allowed to at one point and they shut it down or just never? Uh no never, that's wild.
Speaker 1: They have a rule at Notre Dame Prep High School and the rule is called the Nico Clem rule.
Speaker 2: Nico Clem ordered so much.
Speaker 1: Door dash there that they actually said no more door dash because.
Speaker 2: Of Nico and uh and his ordering process. I can understand no background hicks, someone who's walking around. What's going on, Caitlin, You're a door dasher?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: And I have a delivery for a pizza to the one of the Dcray police stations.
Speaker 6: Uh, and they didn't even know who ordered it.
Speaker 2: Oh, then I would need it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, it's a little random.
Speaker 6: I was I was scared because I'm like, I'm just a delivery.
Speaker 1: Okay, somebody sending a message I don't know is that a good message or a bad message, I'd be worried about that.
Speaker 2: What's up, Yogi?
Speaker 8: Hey, how you doing?
Speaker 9: Mojo?
Speaker 2: Good buddy? What's going on?
Speaker 9: This is Yogi from Toledo's bus cleaning, Yogi from Toto.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I was cleaning uh An office building and it's uber. This delivery driver came up to the office and he was like, hey, did you guys deliver food? And I was like, no, it's it was ten thirty at night. They accidentally delivered food to work, but they were at home.
Speaker 2: I've done that to the old radio studios.
Speaker 1: I had it sat at the old studio in Farmington and I had to say to the guy, I'll give you extra cash money if you'll just bring it all the way over here.
Speaker 2: Did you eat it? Yogi?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 9: No, no, he found out. He called and he found out that the person was at home, so then they then he had to go drive over there. It was just very awkward because it was ten thirty at night. Nobody's supposed to be in that building. You need to use a code to get in, so it was like kind of like I was like, like, what is going on?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's funny. Thanks Yogi for calling what's up? Val High?
Speaker 7: Hey, how you guys doing today? So yeah, I was just sharing that I am a door ass driver myself, and the people do not leave clear instructions when delivering to businesses. I had to deliver to a salon Sweet once and I have never been in a building like that. Don't know the procedures and whatnot.
Speaker 4: And that's not a salon Sweet, That's just a salon, not a salon Sweet.
Speaker 2: So I go to I go to one.
Speaker 4: For like my eyebrow girl, Pashka is in one, and it's a building and everybody has their own basically like Sweet, their own rooms for their business. So there might be like a hairstylist, a facialist, a nail person, a massage person.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, what were they ordering value?
Speaker 7: Remember I believe it was tropical smoothie.
Speaker 1: Well, we talked about smooth there's more sugar in one of those drinks and me and the entire sugar cane feel of Jamaica.
Speaker 2: Random, what's going on, Sarah? How you doing?
Speaker 7: Good?
Speaker 2: Good morning?
Speaker 6: How are you guys? Good?
Speaker 2: Were great? You had a student ordered door dash to your class.
Speaker 6: It wasn't mine, it was another teacher and he thought he would be so slick and he would have it sent to the teacher to get around like the office policy of not you know, having DoorDash for a student. And he thought he would like intercept it because he knew someone who worked in the office and did those deliveries for the office. But he wasn't fast enough and the teacher got it and he thought, oh cool, someone sent me a sandwich and he just ate it.
Speaker 2: You know, that's where I say to the teacher. You know, it's like that you drive, I buy.
Speaker 4: Yeah Bucks if you just go get me or no, I.
Speaker 1: Would say, I'll order you food if you let me get food. Yeah, for sure, Ron is a coach. You had it delivered to your game yallo.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: No, my ex fiance she was very pregnant and she like used the crave Chick fil A frosted Sundays and or no, the frosted Lemonades is like ice cream and lemonade mixed or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So, like, I'm the defensive coordinator at West Bloomfield High School and during during the offensive possession, I snuck in door dash real quick to the field. She was like she was like throwing one of those pregnancy temper tanks was like my son's mother when she was pregnant.
Speaker 2: She was like crazy, she would like throw stuff. It was wild.
Speaker 5: I was hey. I was like, I got to fix the situation. So during the game, while offense was on the field, like order door.
Speaker 2: I like, it didn't game. Wasn't there a doordasher that?
Speaker 4: Yes, I remember reporting this story, like tried to.
Speaker 2: Get down on the yes to deliver. Wow, I know I remember doing that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Ron, Ron, did you coach there when you guys won the state championship with Ron Bellamy and the coach.
Speaker 2: No, I wasn't there. Then I kind of I coasted.
Speaker 5: I coached collegiately for a long time and I was closing out at BUYU and I had a family situation. So then I moved back home and then I started like I coasted Belleville for Bryce Underwood.
Speaker 2: Like that's incredible, man.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I've been at West Bloomfield the past two years.
Speaker 1: It's been a Lakers. That's my neighborhood team. I appreciate you man for calling Kendall last one on this one. Kendall had to deliver to the correctional facility. We were talking about that. Yeah, what what was it like, Kendall.
Speaker 6: So I pulled up and it was so weird because I could see like all the inmates on the inside.
Speaker 2: But all they had me do was just.
Speaker 8: Drop off the delivery at the front door, take.
Speaker 2: A picture, and that was it. But the weird part was it as soon as.
Speaker 6: I put it down, there was an officer that came up and he's like, can I help you.
Speaker 7: I was like, I'm just dropping off this order. It's first so and.
Speaker 9: So he's like, oh, never mind, I'll take care of it.
Speaker 2: He ate that man immediately.
Speaker 9: Hurried up and got out of there so fast.
Speaker 2: It was so freaky.
Speaker 1: All of a sudden, you see those gates sounds like where they open up, you know, like you know see that like in movies the guy leaves prison and then there comes the gate.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you for the call.