Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on AM five seventy LA Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio WAP. It's the longest running afternoon sports show in the city. No congratulations necessary. All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed. This is Petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadacas, terrible person, He's the worst, and Matt money Smith. The pipes, the pipes, the pipe. Don't miss an episode. We're with you. Yeah, follow the Petros in Money Show wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadacus and Matt money Smith. It's only those who do nothing that make no mistakes. I suppose gone news.
Speaker 2: Petro Saying Money AM five seventy LA Sports live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app a full four hour show.
Speaker 1: Today.
Speaker 2: Dodger Talk follows us at seven o'clock. David Vasse and all this Nancy Hollywood friends talking Dodger baseball as they get ready to roll in less than two weeks. Pitchers and catchers out of Camelback Ranch. We are your home of the back to back World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers. We are also your home of football, basketball, We've got it all Clippers Calves tomorrow and Sunday, Patriots Seahawks, Super Bowl sixties. So we're playing all the games. Not to mention, we do have the most desirable, sought after and interesting sports property and all of Los Angeles where even in the offseason, big time celebs, whether it's an Emmy, a Grammy and Oscar, but no Tony, that they seek join David Vassa to talk about their favorite Los Angeles sporting team.
Speaker 3: Oh yuri, oh yr o your oh yr o yr.
Speaker 2: I suppose rob Low could win it, Tony, I could see you doing some stage stuff. So yeah, the full egot. Dave as aiss what you get at seven o'clock.
Speaker 1: He spent a lot of time today with Patrick Muldoon from Muldoon's From the Stone as a guy that got his brain sucked out in Starship Troopers. We might have to pick Dave's brain about what he was doing earlier, as he's running around the station right now in a suit.
Speaker 2: Oh unfortunately then for Muldoon just to get that needle right in the dome, right right at the end of the war, almost right, and that's what happened to him. In Melro's Place. He also had a terrible death, so he's very good at playing terrible Death.
Speaker 1: Yeah, terrible guy terrible death, but not a bad guy in Starship Troopers, but certainly a bad guy on Melro's Place. It is a two ed mono two two ed mono Tuesday. It is Attired of the Lies Tuesday here on the Petros and Money Show and Matt, I think we do have a giveaway today and it kicks off a week of giveaway we do.
Speaker 2: Is it our BJ's giveaway today? That what the Petros Money Show has look at that the BJ's Restaurant in brew House reminds you Sunday afternoon, Big Game New England Seattle kicks off on your radio home of the NFL at three thirty five seventy Early Sports.
Speaker 1: We just mentioned it.
Speaker 2: I'm Gonna Go, presented in part by BJ's Restaurant in brew House. You can score big with the BJ's MVP Game bundle, wings, pizza, apps, the whole spread you can order now at BJ's Restaurant and brew House. And we will have a one hundred dollars BJ's gift card to give away at some point to day.
Speaker 1: But it's a four hour show. We're not gonna wait till the Dead and the Live Guy birthday of the day to do it. Are we we could?
Speaker 2: Wow, We've been known to do it in the past. Now when are we gonna have the tickets? And we're gonna dig into this a little bit deeper later in the show, the tickets to the sought after All Star Weekend Castro Rising Stars and Ruffles All Star Celebrity Game.
Speaker 1: Is that every day?
Speaker 2: If that's a next week, I think that's a next week thing. That's a next week. This week, Matt, this week is the Bejas. This week not just bjs. This week is the Petros and Money food a Palooza. Oh right, everybody wants you to order from them for your Super Bowl parties. We have so much food to give away on the Petres and Money Show this week. It starts today with the BJ's one hundred dollars gift card and the MVP game bundle, wags, pizza apps in the whole spread. Order now at a BJ's restaurant in brew House. But tomorrow, Matt, we'll be giving away a Vesty Big Game Party pack. Yeah, glorious food.
Speaker 1: Oh that Focaccia is to die for they were great. I didn't want to die, but it was good. Feed twenty people for the Big Game on Sunday courtesy of Petros and Money, and Vesty received twenty percent off their entire order of shareables at Eatvesty dot com by entering iHeart Vesti at checkout. Tomorrow, one lucky listener is going to win a party pack for twenty from Vesty that we ate on Friday for our Miggey Rojas event. And like you said, Matt, it was oh impressiative.
Speaker 2: I took it home and ate it the following day on the way to our first basketball game. Then it stays believe it or not, that sandwich stays overnight.
Speaker 1: Two boxes of Sharebuls sandwiches, forty eight mini sandwiches, I Sta Steffush of The Conway Show eat a whole tray by himself that does nothing. On Friday, slowly twenty brown butter chocolate chip cookies, twenty zippy chip bags, five bags, five bags of Crackling caramel corn food Food to Palooza the Petros and Money Show Food to Palooza twenty twenty six. And then Thursday, Matt, we're giving away one hundred dollars gift card to the Great Greek Mediterranean Grill, an award winning elevated fast casual eatery serving authentic dishes prepared fresh in house. Well you would know. I would. I'm Greek and grew up in a Greek eatery. Check out options to feed a group, like catering trays with your choice of Greek goodness like build your own yido kits and savory suflakey skewers to place in order. Visit the Great Greek Grill dot com. That's Thursday. We give away one hundred dollars gift card for that. And then Friday, Matt, I think we should point out before we do that that it's pronounced giro. Thank you, Sorry, Matt, That's what Kate said, and I corrected him and now he feels it's exonerate, valid, Thank you, Matt, Welcome, we know how to say it. That's right. How you guys are right?
Speaker 4: What do I know?
Speaker 1: And then Friday, we're back to BJ's restaurant in brew House the one hundred dollars gift card. Know that this might be a drunk show, but it's also a gluttonous show. It's also a line your stomach for the liquor show to grab the thirteen dollars perzookie mea deal at Bjay's entree plus a Pazzoki. It's a total steal. See you at bjs. Oh, it's a steal of a deal. It's Petros and money, glorious food. A palooza today, Bjays Tomorrow Vesty Big Game Party pack. It's a sandwich that you love. We loved it Thursday, the Great Greek Mediterranean Grill one hundred dollars gift card Friday, BJ's Restaurant in brew House. We are your food show of record and it's not even close, not even close. And Matt when it comes to food, we like the food. We love the prices. When it's free, we like the prices. So thank you to everybody involved with especially BJ's Vesty and the Great Greek Mediterranean Grill. Glorious. That's what we want, Pete boo.
Speaker 2: Do we like food for ourselves when we're at the studio, of course we there. We like to sample the wares from around the Greater Los Angeles area, the excellent chefs and curators of culinary delight.
Speaker 1: It's nothing better though, than watching the listeners enjoy food, right, That's what we like more than anything. In fact, when we send you the Vesty Big Game Party pack, it would be great if you send a photo of you and your friends at your super Bowl party enjoying that, because it's better than watching staffood sheeting, you know what I'm saying, enjoying those great square sandwiches. And with all due respect to Tim Conway, I don't think he's got food like this to give away. And we like the food, and we like the food, like the prices. Yeah, we may steal, We may steal his sound bites occasionally.
Speaker 2: Occasionally, but I just mean in particular that one there, you know, it taps into Meggi Row, taps into Vesty sandoz.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he tapped into Vestis and he took Meggi Row for twenty minutes. And what bothered me about it is like, because I go on a show on UH sometimes on Fridays, and they had me go down and they were like, do you want to sit with him when he does Meggi Row? And I said no, I want him to suffer trying to interview an athlete. And I did that, but the Meggie Row was such a good interview that it didn't matter, and Conway looked like a dork, but not that big of it. Like the food, like the prices, so that it's food of Polooza. Weekend on the Petres and Money Show. Stayed to see.
Speaker 2: Foosh settling back into his old waist too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he ate a whole tray of sund he must like. I sat there while the Meggi Row interview was going, you know, for like fifteen minutes, and he must be eaten. I don't know, maybe three or four of those sandwiches, and that just one of those is plenty of it. It's a plenty. Yeah, it's plenty. So yeah, four of them just and who knows what damage was done while I was on the air, Right, Welcome back, Foosh Foush. Would have been nice to have lunch cater today here at the station. You know, what do you mean? Well, you know, I was I was.
Speaker 2: Told medictered here. I'm at the bolt because of the Chrys O'Leary presser. Yeah, they had the Habit come in here and give us a bunch of food.
Speaker 1: Oh, the best burger in southern California, the Habbit, that's debatable.
Speaker 2: It's quite delicious, good onion rings too, by the way, and they had deep fried zucchini sticks, also tasty.
Speaker 1: What did you guys have? What did I miss out on over there? Well, we were supposed to have Dave's Hot Chicken, but they ghosted the fifth floor and they never showed up. They never showed or did the the FM Screwga never showed, just never showed. So we were walking away here just starving.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's good man, because you tell there's gonna you tell us they're gonna be free food. And now we're not packing lunch, doing afternoon dry. If you're not leaving there till seven, you show up expecting to be fed, you know, and now you're eating one of those slim gyms and mazzarell salami pecks.
Speaker 1: Well, I was promised twice, Matt, that the food would be provided today, Timmy. I was told, you know, hey, yeah, don't don't don't fill up, you know, right, that's what they tell you. Don't eat. We want you to suck that food down, talk about it on the front of you, take the picture, take talk about it on air, and then you don't show up and you got a bunch of angry, ornery people. It's food of palooza, and their bellies are full, but we're hungry, and a hungry mob is an angry mob. I want to eat God dammit, that's right, Uh, Matt, speaking of hunger, people on Alcatraz probably wanted for some better food. This is a story that broke today because NBC announced it, and as you know, the super Bowl is in the Bay Area. We had a very deep conversation about safety in the Bay Area. A lot of good follow ups too on that. We appreciate that. From the list, a lot of people wanted to talk about how Nash Bridges and the streets of San Francisco, and so I married an axe murderer and all of these different movies were in San Francisco. Uh, this one we might have to tap into a little bit of a of a movie motif as well. I am ready for him. Welcome to the Rock. Welcome to the Rock, Matt, Welcome to the Rock. Now, the people doing the Super Bowl this year are the football night in America. I don't mean Mario Soliz.
Speaker 2: And Jonas Knoxo and collins Worth, to Rico, Collinsworth and the studio Taylor, Taylor and to no. Well, see that's a see now you're getting you're crossing streams now because they have the on field set.
Speaker 1: You're on field is Tony Dungee, Rodney Harrtney and Jack and Jack Jac Collinsworth, America's favorite announcer, Chris Collinsworth's son. That was awesome on the Notre Dame games. And it's Jason Garrett, right, Garrett's always there with them as well. And no though he's with Maria Taylor and Chris Simms. Chris Simms, Maria Taylor, Jason Garrett. That's your in studio, right, that's your on field Tony Dungee, Rod Harrison, Jac Collinsworth. But for the Super Bowl, they're gonna flip it a flop. What do you mean?
Speaker 2: Maria Taylor on the field, Garrett Sims on the field, and Tony Dungeee, Rodney Harrison and Jack Collinsworth will broadcast from Alcatraz.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the roster.
Speaker 2: That would essentially be the considering the distance between Levi Stadium and Alcatraz, that would be like the Super Bowl is at SOFI and Jack, Tony and Rodney are on Catalina, they are at El Gallion.
Speaker 1: It's a broadcast Super Bowl it's a hell of an idea, to be honest. And they are at Alcatraz. Why, well, I'll tell you that's not going to get old after the first hit. Well, they're going to be on the island from multiple locations at Alcatraz, like this is another part of the the Galley. They will broadcast live from Alcatraz starting.
Speaker 2: Here's the prison Yard ten am on Sunday on NBC and Peacock and they're going to look at the island's historic significance as a military base. They're going to talk about it as a prison and a seabird conservation site. And when the Native Americans did a sit in there, hell no, we won't go and they were like, sit there all you want, We're not doing anything with the islands. So they stayed for nineteen months.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the Rock and of course where Sean Connery and John Cusack took on Ed Harris in one of the great action movies ever made, The Rock. Now what people are doing is on Twitter saying you did it. You finally sent Jack Collinsworth where he should go to prison. You know, people really hate Jack collins Worth. Welcome to the Rocks. On Twitter, people are saying like, well, Jack Jack Collinsworth is arrested for the crime of impersonating a broadcaster sentenced at the Rock. Now this is not new they're saying on awful announcing and stuff because Fox when they did a Super Bowl put a desk with a couple people on it down on Bourbon Street, which is literally like a seven to eight minute walk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it might as well be. You know, you're in the queue to get in the Superdome for God's sake, And I can promise you and I think all of us can relate. If you're in the Bay Area, you're not thinking about getting out to Alcatraz. Oh never, No, I mean it could be pe unless you're like a birder. It could be a reflection of our you know, inquisitive nature yesterday, which is, hey, we need to set them up in the city. But there's so much poop and there are so many needles. It's all a clean place.
Speaker 1: Left.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where can we put them where they'll be insulated? It's pristine, right, I don't know, guy, can we put them in Pacific Heights?
Speaker 4: Well, what.
Speaker 1: People are saying is having the two desks for the NBC Football Night in America often makes things feel disjointed, and the analysts with without a lot of time or sort of vying for it way too many. You know, they're kind of trying to vie for airtime, and I don't know if it's going to help your disjointed nature by sending three of them to Alcatraz. Hey, hey guys, Hey, Hey, can I get the truck? Hey?
Speaker 2: Can you guys cut? I got something? Can you guys bring cut to Alcatraz? I got something here after this play? I got something I want to share.
Speaker 1: Well, we did actually awful announce you cut to Alcatraz, Get the shut up? Just got something. Coach has got something. Doe's got something. Following that, he's attempting to swim to shore like the cly Eastwood character. Hey hey, Chris, I just want to weigh in on that last play here from Alcatraz. It's funny that you mentioned that, Matt, because we do have an awful announcing. Did post some sound of Tony Dungee and Devin McCarty's the guy that we missed on. Oh right, uh one of the McCarty's. Uh, there is sound of Tony Dungee giving Chris collins Worth a pep talk or Jack Collins where Chris is gonna be fine? Here is Tony telling Jack, uh that things are gonna be okay at the Rock you're vest blusiers always whine about that VEST.
Speaker 3: Winners go home and.
Speaker 1: The prom queen. Yeah yeah, Tony, Oh and correct, that's Nick Cage. I'm sorry, I got well, that's Nick Cage. But that's definitely Tony Dungee, I said, Q sack.
Speaker 2: But WELLQ sax. Oh no, c Sack, Yeah, Q sex in it? Qu sax the uh the FBI agent.
Speaker 1: Cusacks in the Rock too? Yeah about Cusack is a good guy.
Speaker 2: The head guy is Nick Cage, right, Nick Cage is the prisoner that's on the inside that's gonna bring the other prisoners.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, Nick Cage is. I don't believe Nick Cage is a prisoner in the Rock. I believe Nick Cage is. Oh that's uh, that's air. I'm thinking con air, which is also Q sack. What are you doing to me? That's right? Oh, you know Nick Cage movies. There are rock so good luck, good luck too to the guys. I don't know if they're gonna take a boat or a child upper out there but they will be live from the Rock.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey guys, it's Rodney Harrison. After that play by Emmin Warney, can you can you cut to the Alcatraz?
Speaker 1: I want to. I want to weigh in on that. I want to weigh in on that tackle for loss? Please? Can you cut over? Not likely to? Can we go to the Alcatraz set? Please?
Speaker 2: Rodney's got something on nick em and Warre and that that last play there. Can we get to Alcatraz?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 2: Can we pot up the rock? Let's hey, Rodney, You're not gonna be on camera, but we got your MIC's up. Welcome to the Rock, Hey, Tarico, can you bring Rodney in from Alcatraz? He's got something he wants to share about that last place. I don't know why I find that so entertaining, but my god, I do.
Speaker 1: They're sending Jack collins Worth to the Rock. Is it just Jack or is it that set? Okay? All three? All three? But nobody really cares about Dungee or Hairs. And I mean, no one's scared about those guys in years. But everybody hates Jack collins Worth deeply. But they will feature a look at the island's historic significance. So we got that going for it. Maybe Jack Collinsworth will dress up like one of those nineteen seventies Native Americans and show us what the sit in was like, what the powwow was like. Oh yeah, I could see that. I mean, do you do you know like were they in traditional Yes, they were in traditional Native American guard Otherwise how would you know that they were Native Americans? Yeah, unless they're wearing like, you know, an eagle's head on their head. I got you, Thank you. We'll be back with Lofa Tatupu, a Polynesia gentleman made his bones at USC and for the Seattle Seahawks, hosts a big podcast up in Seattle. Welcome to the world, Big Seahawks guy. Lofa Tatupa's head is much like a rock, and I mean that in the kindest way. He will join us next to talk about the Super Bowl on the Petrosen Money Show on M five seventy LA Sports. If you guys want to talk to Jack Collinsworth, he's live at Alcatraz. Send him a letter.
Speaker 3: This is Petrosen Money On to Man Man Man Mantro some some money a M five seventy LA Sports Live Everywhere uh on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: We are your exclusive home for Super Bowl sixty. Yes, you will hear Patriots versus Seahawks right here kickoff three p thirty pm on Sunday, and of course you get all the pregame leading into it as well. So if you are driving around, if you got a run out for a minute because you ran out of beers or chips or something, know that this is where you'll find it in town. Right here, kickoff three thirty am five seventy ELA Sports, your home of Super Bowl sixty.
Speaker 1: Joining us now a USC and Seahawks legend, a great linebacker where he was an All American and National champion, Fight Don't Fight, Don't Fight, All three time Pro bowler, member of the Seahawks Top fifty players of all time. Now he co hosts the All Day podcast covering the Seahawks for Believe in Fan Duel Sports. The one and only Lofa Tatupu on your Southern California Toyota Dealers Celebrity Hot. We're happy to have him on. Nobody went harder than Lofa Tatupu in his time a Loofa What's cracking? Welcome to the show. How are you.
Speaker 4: Oh, that might have been my favorite intro of all time. And fight off.
Speaker 1: Everybody, fight fight on to you lofa. We can talk about that in a little while if you want. But uh, first and four most Uh, you know, Seattle's back in the super Bowl. It's a different look, it's a different regime, pretty much the same GM, but different group of guys, uh than than the group that that you were part of that had so much success. Uh. What do you make of this team? And how much fun are they to cover so closely like you do?
Speaker 4: Oh? Man, it's been incredible, And I think it starts, you know, at the top with you know, GM and coach. You know, that relationship's got to work out for everything else to go forward. And uh, you know John, you know, through the years of drafting with Pete right, they found a ton of you know, future Hall of famers and probos all pose. And then it's you know, picking up the same way with Mike McDonald and just thoroughly impressed with McDonald. Uh. You know, he comes in you last coach you get hired because they were waiting for him right two years ago and youngest head coach you knows scramble to put his staff together, and Ali does is come out the gates hot, going ten and seven, one game away from making the playoffs, and and he was, well I met him, you know, in the offseason. He was pretty hot about that, right, you know. It's ten and seven, which is incredible for any coach any year, because it's so hard to get a win in this league, never mind ten of them in the year, and he was he was not happy with it. And then look look up a year later and look where he is. It's no surprise because of his work ethic and the guys he's brought in.
Speaker 2: You mentioned the success last year LOFA and you know you changed the quarterback position. That's a pretty big deal. They get rid of Gino, they bring in Sam Darnold. Kind of when that decision was made, what were your initial thoughts and did you envision it working as as well as it has?
Speaker 4: Well, there's so many variables and factors that go into it, even change it the offensive coordinator position, but specifically in terms of the year that you know was here, you know, I still believe in Gino. I know he had a he had a rough year in Vegas, but it's it's the time they were talking about two former Jets quarterbacks, right. I think that's probably the only common denominator or thread, is that two guys that all the face of their franchises respectful respectively that you know, they they started with the Jets, and so I want to thank them to that, you know. Uh. But then it's it's great the story that you see with with Sam and like it's just through the ups and downs, he never gave up, He never gave in, He kept he continued to fight on, as they say, and it's special to see, you know, what he's doing now and the confidence restored because he has every physical attribute you could want. Six four two forty can you know, can run, make every single throw, he can layer it as he did in that last game over two defenders. That was insane throw. So just you know, happy to see him back with that swagger, right like the kid that led us to a Rose Bowl when as as a freshman or redshirt freshman, took us down on two drives, like when you had to have it. I mean, he's done that a couple of times this year and it's special to see and I know that he is is grateful to be back, you know, in the position he's inn because he's worked, He's worked his ass all for it.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess we'll stick with the fight on theme the end. I'm sitting here at the Chargers facility doing this right now. So down here a lot of shennon OOSU fans and no kind of what he meant in his early part of his career to the Chargers and how good he was and how much better it looked like he was getting. Give us an idea defensively, what is it that's made this one of the best units in the NFL? How much of it is the head coach Mike McDonald, the scheme that he's running, and who are some of the highlights, you know, beyond Shenna that that are making this thing work the way it works.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, big Chinna fan. And I'm sorry to all the Charger spans. I just don't know why they didn't use him more down there, because I mean, you look like per Rush. He was one of the most dominant guys. And I said it on the Pie All Day podcasts when he came up, I go, this is one U free agent sign that no one's really going to discuss or think that's a big splash, but watch what happens, because he's an energy force out there, like he's built for it. He's physical, he's violent, fast, athletic, and he's just tough, right and sometimes maybe too tough because he was playing through injury the last two years. And it's good to see him healthy. And I think that's probably because of how much depth we have at every position, and it's it's hard to say that there's one guy you got to be careful of. You got Leonard Williams, you know, Trojan right there inside next to China. You got DeMarcus Lowrench W's found the fountain youth or maybe he was just playing too many snaps, you know on defense in ballast right that where you're did not to mention he's thirty four in his twelfth year, I believe, but he looks like he could play another five years. That's how amazing he's been playing. Jaron Reed just a veteran presence, and you know he does the dirty work, right. And then you got Byron Murphy, who I believe got snubbed for the Pro Bowl. Eight and a half sacks is the second year. You know, Detattle, that was our first up pick from the year ago. But they're sat across the board too deep. Ernest jon for those in LA you'll probably know the name Ernest Jones. That's a bad man. And he holds down in the middle with Drake Thomas and then the secondary can't quite say Lesiona Boom, but they're laying some hits out there, and what this defense is doing is statistically impressive and special.
Speaker 1: Now you don't have to be a usc guy or a Northwesterner to root for the Seahawks in this game, because I mean, the Patriots are only really liked by New England people. But it's little Dane durious loaf. Everybody's saying that Seattle's supposed to roll over them and they're the far superior team. How dangerous does that kind of talk? How much does it make you worry?
Speaker 4: It doesn't really. Yeah, there is always They are a formidable opponent and you never, you know, underestimate anybody, right, you never look past them. It's it's the super Bowl and this is what the one game you play to get to like your whole life seemingly and like as well as the job that you know Mike McDonald's done. You got to look across and as Mike Bravell in his first year with a young second year quarterback. Just everyone's talking about the strength. The schedule wasn't very impressive. You can't choose who you play, right like, you can't pick your opponents, but but you can beat them and it doesn't matter how credit or ugly. A win is a win. And so I can't believe how how quick he's he's turned it around over there. And you know he's got the experience as a player too to kind of coach them through what they may be going through as a player. And you know, I look forward to a fight. I don't they know why they're going to lay down or rollover.
Speaker 1: We are that.
Speaker 4: Talented in all three phases, offense, defense, special teams. But you know, you got to stay in the moment of every play.
Speaker 2: Loo for what do you think you mentioned a fight, that's what it's going to look like. But offensively with Clint Kubiak, what do you think it looks like?
Speaker 1: I think so many.
Speaker 2: You know, when Charbonnay was out there with with Kenneth Walker, it felt like, oh yeah, as a team that runs the ball, plays incredible defense, Darnald and and Jig Smith and Jigma make big plays, but it always seemed like it went back to that run. And then in the NFC Championship game, I mean, Sam's the truck. He's not a trailer in that he carried this team offensively. Is that what you think we see or do you think this is a grind it out, take care of the football, run the ball style offense.
Speaker 4: I think it's most deafinitely grinded out right, Dude, you don't have a whole the player back, especially one with the talent that Sam on talent that Sam has, it's like, yeah, you see pick and choose your stops and you know what, you know, we're not going to say, you know, total green light or red light. We're not going to say that and put restrictions on them. But you know, there we down a distance the situations that Kobe Actor is like telling them, hey, this is where if you see it, you take it right, whether it's positionally midfield right or or they start creeping up to probably defend the run a little tougher. But I don't see either offense putting the ball in harm's way out the gates. You know, it's uh, there's too much at risk, especially with the way the Hawks play defense, and uh, they're suffocating. Man, they It's incredible, especially when you got we got pinned back. It's like almost always an automatic three if Sam gets the ball at midfield.
Speaker 1: The great loaf of the Tupo, our guests, always a trojan, a lifetime trojan, lofa. You can't be happy. I want to put words in your mouth. But but the Notre Dame rivalry not being played at least for a couple of years. It's gotta, it's gotta. It's gotta salt you up a little bit. I certainly know it does myself.
Speaker 4: I mean, change is inevitable. But yes, I'm not happy about it. It's that's the thing you love about, you know, rivalries and then just the tradition of history. Right it's uh. But but it was funny to see them not get into the playoffs because they didn't have a conference. So there's that.
Speaker 1: Take a shot on the way out, taking the low road. That's all right, you gotta join.
Speaker 4: You gotta join a conference if you go off the same rules.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying they have their own TV deal. They're laughing at all of us. Anyway. Uh, the great loaf of Tatupu uh an all around great guy. And do not meet him in the A or the B gap because is just not a great scene for anybody. And he picked the ball off down the field and make moves and do it all. Lofa, You're the greatest man and a wonderful interview. Thank you and good luck in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: Absolutely I appreciate you guys.
Speaker 1: You take care there he goes love with the Tupoo.
Speaker 2: Check out all day with Lofa, Tatupu and Brett Davern. That is your belief in Seahawks' podcast through the Belief Network.
Speaker 1: May the Birds scream loudly through the night in the Bay Area. May they hear the cries from his beak echo off the Tenderloin and San Bruno in South San Francisco, Willow Glenn and San Jose. And we'll be back with more Petrosen Money on Ampire seventy LA sparts Southern California's most listened to sports talk show This Money on Demand, Big, thank it a lofa to Tupoo.
Speaker 2: Remember we are home for Super Bowl sixty Patriots Seahawks three thirty pm kick on Sunday, you'll have it right here if you're driving around town or have to hop in the car for a quick second to get anything done. We will talk more football a little bit later in the show. Chris O'Leary just named defensive coordinator to the Chargers Mike McDaniel new offensive coordinator Chris O'Leary, who was their safeties coach back in twenty twenty four when they were the number one scoring defense in the league. Coming off a season as the defensive coordinator for the Western Michigan Broncos, the team that won the MAC Championship, and he is now, at thirty three years old, the defensive coordinator of the Charter. So he will check in with us in about ninety one hundred minutes or so is when he will be here. I'm setting my alarm for one hundred minutes one hundred and if you're off by one, I'm gonna get it, Trady Bennatis hundred minutes all right, let me read you a texter or.
Speaker 3: Two, the secret texts a fine brought to you by your so called Toyota dealers.
Speaker 1: We make it easy this as hey pee, there was a time when a hot girl was spotted my buddies would say, all loafa her titupu.
Speaker 2: I wish we would have known that before Lofa hung up. We could ask him if he knew that. Hey, Pee, I've seen Lofa. His head actually looks more like Iran than Iraq. And sorry, yeah, Cusack is not in the rock Cusack's and con.
Speaker 1: Air, Yeah, our bed and the other cage is in the realm, all right.
Speaker 2: And and Conair Cusack is against the henst the mistake. You know who's here in a suit coming from a frat event. In a suit coming from a frat event. Dodger Talk host David vasse.
Speaker 1: I said, Oh lord, Jesus is a fun stove talk and in the smoke by a pitchers and catchers reporting soon David masse getting all wrapped up. What frat event like? Saga Sigma Kaye.
Speaker 5: Sigma Do Sigma Kai, Sigma Kai Los Angeles chapter What happened?
Speaker 1: Dave? Well, I'm not part of a frat, you know, I'm very much against frat. Well, we all know that you went to north Ridge. There were no frans.
Speaker 5: There were, but that's pretty low on the table. Well, Sigma kay is trying to get a north Ridge chapter going. You know who's in it was in a frat in Northridge. I think was the Duke of sports. Oh shocker, still hangling. I was trying to pay for college while pulling shopping cards at Costco on Roscoe and uh Canoga and interning for Big Joe, getting him Big Max in between breaks. You know, so you had to get him a big Mac. Well, I mean a couple of breaks. Every couple of breaks, my guy, Big Joe miss him. But anyway, this is how I have no idea how I was at this Los Angeles chapter Sigma Kai event. But Muldoon was there. That's right at Muldoon, Patrick Muldoon is a significant sig Sigmackaye and uh, look before I get to Muldoon because that is a whole other thing. So about a year ago, somebody from this fraternity wanted to honor Joe Davis, who was part of Sigma Kai at his college in Wisconsin.
Speaker 1: A small school, Yeah, Booie or something like that.
Speaker 5: I forgot the name of it, but booeyage it was like Bowie. Anyway, he said, we need somebody that knows Joe to write a letter to endorse his character. So via LinkedIn Jim Lawson, who knew me in my early stages of my career, I guess, asked me to write this letter for Joe David, which I was happy to do. Joe's a great guy. You're not going to find him on any list. He's a clean guy, so I was very confident.
Speaker 1: That's what I wrote to them. He's like clean, You're not going to find him on any files. I'll tell you that right now. He's not a freak.
Speaker 5: So anyway, I like Joe. He's been good to me. I know him since he started. I was happy to write this letter, so I thought that was it.
Speaker 1: That's very nice of you.
Speaker 5: I thought that was my only responsibility. But then I get invited to the presenting lunch with the La Sigma Kai Alumni chapter at the Hilton in Arcadia, Oh, Arcadia, Hilton, go up, brand new Hilton, beautiful. So anyway, I show up and have a Chinese vibe overa there no, no, no, when you exit Santa Anita, there's none of that Baldwin maybe yeah, sure. Anyway, I'm very familiar with Arcadia and my godfather, all my cousins grew up there, so I know my way around there. So I show up and everybody's really nice. Dodger fans, people knew about Dodger, talk about the show, and so you know, I get there and Joe Davis is like, I.
Speaker 1: Had no idea you wrote a letter about me.
Speaker 5: I'm all, yeah, that's how you're here, Joe. Without my letter, you're not a significant sig.
Speaker 2: I could I could have kept you out there, That's right, And I hold that. Yeah, And he must have been very great. Did he have the whole family out there?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: No, just him.
Speaker 5: He had to hop a bird to Nashville to film a commercial with Bryce Harper, freaking. It's not really a family event. And you know, it's the SIGs and all that. Anyway, they go around the room and every one of these SIGs has to introduce themselves, and who gets up Patrick Muldune Muldoon.
Speaker 1: I'm all, wait a minute, is a huge star.
Speaker 5: So I'm sitting up at this desk, you know, a presidential like you're at the Presidential Honors. It's Joe Davis. It's researching stack guy and fellow sig Rick Reduce. Oh he's a sig to incident, Yeah, and me at this table he wrote the letter. Yeah, well, I have no I do not belong there. And as guys are like introducing themselves, I'm like heckling these people. And Joe's like turning red. And Muldoon gets up and I scream, I'll see you at the attic, Muldoon, I'll see you at the attic.
Speaker 1: Oh, Muldoon a big usc sig. He was Loyola Cobola cub. He played on the football team at SE a little tight end action. So I got good news and bad news as it relates to this show. And Muldoon now Pat Muldoon. You can look him up on IMDb.
Speaker 5: H I grew stole Kelly Kapowski from Zach Morris. He did in Uh, Save by the Belt.
Speaker 1: And they were hanging out at the attic. Huh. And then Zach and the rest of the crew saw him making out with a different at the attic and it was a bad second. See why. And Muldoon was in Melrose Place. He's in the Starship Troopers, Days of our Lives and he was always when I was a kid, you know, we knew their family so and we would My girlfriend was friends with his sister, Darcy, that's not her name. We used to tell me all about it. We used to go up there, and uh, Muldoon was like dating tat at one time. I played it cool. I never brought that up. And he was dating Denise Richards for long Tillo and she was around Starship Troopers. Yeah, and he was dating Juliette Binoche of course. Yeah, dude, I mean Muldoon did not mess around. And the greatest movie Muldoon, the greatest movie Muldoon is in is one that he's not in, but it's about Muldoon and it was written by some stoner hesher's in Torrents called the Stoned Age. It's such a good flake where the whole movie is about trying to get up to the hill to go to a party at Muldoon's house, a party in which I was at in real life. He told me you Muldoon answers the door and he's a total douche.
Speaker 5: He he didn't want you there. He told me he had no part of these Muldoon parties. Oh he'd do it, hype up. Oh that's not she said. It was his younger sister and a deviate named Petros.
Speaker 1: Dude. I was at a party once with Muldoon's and multounay fight.
Speaker 5: Muldude said he would come back from sc I wonder where his guitar amplifier went. He didn't take anything from anyway. He had no idea you have this radio show he does, but he knew about the challenge and he loved the way that you mocked Fred Rogan. Muldoon didn't know about now it's twenty years nineteen years running.
Speaker 1: Didn't know I had. Muldoon. He's all like, I know what you do. What does Petros do?
Speaker 4: He?
Speaker 5: Anyway on the west side, Scott Robinson Hondas I have he runs that showroom.
Speaker 1: He's employee of the Monk.
Speaker 5: Anyway, Muldun does love Petros and his dad and Tosso and his family, so he does love the sister.
Speaker 1: Married married Met Zappa, Frank Zappa's daughter, interesting son nine years younger than Muldoon. He told me his sister. He's Shana. Yeah, Shannon Muldoon. Hello. The first clove cigarette I ever smoked was with SHANEA. Muldoon playing croquet in Heather Hirschman's back. Sounds like you peaked way too soon. My older brother was very popular. Anyway.
Speaker 5: Anyway, I posted a photo of me and Muldoon on my Instagram account at the at officially vassay on Instagram.
Speaker 1: Welldoone looks good? Huh? And then he said, tell Petros were at the Red Onion, he'll freak out. I saw Muldoon at the Red o' one. He said, you and your ten buddies. I said, he doesn't have ten friends. I was with a family. Yeah, Chris Muldoon was at the bar. Great guy. Well, anything else going on? Dave? No, what'son today?
Speaker 5: Dune coming on tonight? Is he gonna call in and like that tonight? I didn't want to freak out tonight. He's gonna come on next week? And I did tell him another rival soap star listens to the show, Jack Wagner, Joshua Morrow. I wish, yeah, No, Joshua Morrow used to date his sister. He told me his face, the tone, the tenor of the happen.
Speaker 2: He did not like that.
Speaker 1: He did not like I remember the schwah breakup.
Speaker 4: That was bad.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it sounded like it. So anyway, I said, yeah, yeah, I don't know, like we're not friends. He just listened to the show.
Speaker 1: I denied. I denied Marrow three times. Dude, you can't do that, you idiot, He broke shannea Muldoon's hard dude, Damn, you guys are gonna drag my past out into the light. Nick Newman heartbreaking. Who else used to hang out at the Muldoon's. Oh yes, Sammy the fat head girl from Days of Our Lives who did all those yeah biggest you remember her, Matt Allison Alison something f she did all she was a host of all the Biggest Loser shows and all that. You were forced to interviewer once I was yeah, and uh John Black and John Black was always there at the house, Allison Sweeney, Alison Sweeney, you were forced to interview her. Sammy, Yeah, from Days of Our Life Now, Sammy sweetheart, No, that's from Jersey. Sure, all right, Well anyway, I really I said to the group, I said, Joe Davis will never embarrass you, but I certainly will. And now they want to make me an honorary sig.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, dude, you get your letters. You got a pledge, I mean, these people love me. You get that on your chest, dage, You're gonna look great. Get a tattoo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know it's taken you about fifty years, but you're finally in with the in crowd because that it doesn't get more in crowd in LA than Muldoon. Oh, I know, Like, if you're with Muldoon, you're out. Like if we try to go to a restaurant and we get rejected, Shannon Muldoon would call Pat Muldoon and it would be held to anyway.
Speaker 5: Muldoon's a great guy, class act. I wish you would treat him with respect on this show. What are you talking about? He doesn't even know the show existed. He stole stuff from his house. I should take anything from Muldoon. The worst thing that happened to me at Muldoon's house as I saw my girlfriend wasn't my girlfriend at the time, making out with Victor Gluesack behind a sliding glass door, very heartbroken, staring at it from across and the way started it's money.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. I triggered a lot of bad memories. I have apologue. I'm enjoying. I'm just sitting and listening. Also, I had one of those big gotcha zip up like sweatshirt jackets. Ob and I went to pee in the backyard and I'd peed all over the front of my gotcha sweatshirt and Jackie Fugati drove me home, and I'm pretty sure the whole car spelled like you're in. Sounds like a bunch of top one percenters partying up on the hill. There's no doubt about that. I can't deny that. At a Muldoon party where you listen to plush by Stone Temple Pilots on the way home, every once in a while Muldoon would break out his guitar and say, yeah, God, I fell in love with Muldoon today. Well you and many others. Yeah, you and Juliette Banone.
Speaker 5: He's a significant sig as well, him and Joe Davis in the same club. Now, were there any other any other significant voice of Goofy? Was there significant sig?
Speaker 1: Now that's you know who interviewed that guy? God, there we are, let's bring him over. It's goofy, Goofy? What's going on?
Speaker 5: The only drawback was and he wasn't there to attend. John Ireland also part of Sigma conn Oh.
Speaker 1: That checks out. God, you buried the lead with the goofy guy and then he just wrecked it all. So he wasn't there. You know what I heard? He was on a train. I heard he was on the Freedom train. That's right. You ever heard about it?
Speaker 5: Brian Gorman, major League Baseball umpire, is gonna tell us about the new rule that will change the game this year at seven thirty Dodger Talk. Nice Plug Dave. I did that at the luncheon too. Joe Davis almost fell over. You can listen live on the iHeartRadio app. I Know what you Do was Petros to you, buddy of your every day all.
Speaker 1: Dude's my guy. Woop be right back to find seventy l A Sports