Speaker 1: And thank you Minnesota, the state of hockey host the world this winter. The twenty twenty six i HF World Juniors brings the best young town from across the globe to our backyard. Be part of the celebration. You sho your tickets out Mnsports and Events dot org.
Speaker 2: Here's Quinn Hughes tell me about the state of hockey in his first couple of days here.
Speaker 3: It's been a whirlwind for sure, and I'm just looking forward, just kind of getting my feet on the ground and get with the team here and getting a day to day lifestyle here. But definitely the last forty hours have been a lot, but I was excited to I was able to play today.
Speaker 4: In Yeah, man, Welcome Quinn Here's and also welcome to the Power Trip the lovely and talented Ben Lever, who I feel bad because I kind of bullied him into calling the Power Trip mornings.
Speaker 5: Miss him when he's not here, then, yeah you did.
Speaker 6: You did guilts at me, for sure.
Speaker 2: Sorry, but I love it when you're on the morning show.
Speaker 6: Yeah I know, but I also love sleepy time and I didn't get much sleepy time because you bullied me.
Speaker 5: What time did you get home?
Speaker 6: So here, I am.
Speaker 5: Gee, I don't know.
Speaker 6: Let's say, let's call it like four fifteen.
Speaker 1: You am, yeah, you should still be sleeping.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we got home and like laid down around four or fifteen.
Speaker 7: Okay, cool, so under four hours of sleep fantastic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sorry, Ben.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you were were You're going to get.
Speaker 2: Up anyway, right you were, you'd be up right now anyway. Just say goodbye to the kiddos.
Speaker 6: No, I wasn't. I mean that the plan was, Hey, I got a full day of work today. I think I'm just going to sleep in a little bit. And then I get emotionally and verbally abused and bullied by one coss hockey. Still here, I.
Speaker 2: Am, I said, but we love having you want the listeners depend.
Speaker 6: On you, I know, I know, you know. The funny thing is my own, my own, my wife she bullied me too good.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So it's a combination of I don't know if you guys are into hoops, but it's a combination of both of you guys. Because she's like, well, isn't that the whole reason you're on? I was like, whoa, Yeah, I mean it is the talk Viking stuff, And she's like, I don't know. I mean, that's you're only on two days a week. Well, don't you just do it?
Speaker 5: Wow? She just around the house.
Speaker 7: I like that.
Speaker 1: She thinks that you don't bring any entertainment or humor or insight. It's just if you don't talk vikings with them, why would they have you on?
Speaker 6: I know, yeah, I mean that's that is that is exactly what she thinks. I to her, I'm just typecast. Is just the football knucklehead, and so here I am. Well, you know, football guys.
Speaker 2: Let's talk. Let's take advantage of it because you got up and you're with us now, and let's take advantage of it. Yesterday was a big win and lovely Dallas town and all the JJ's looked great and he did the the gritty. I don't know, what do you think?
Speaker 6: Can I just say this because I mentioned this with Muss when on the pregame show Freaking fort Worth Man, I'm telling you, like, if if you think, if you think Nashville's jumped the shark and it's just this like over dramatized, fake country music cowboy thing going on, and it's just like it's too much. Go to the stockyards of fort Worth. That place is awesome. It's like it's real deal country music. It's real cowboys like and and it's not like all the crazy party buses and you know, all all of that stuff. Yeah, and it's not cover bands. Like we walked in the one bar and it was like, I don't listen. I don't listen to really the country music. But at it's like I don't even this guy must be just singing original music.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I don't know this the song.
Speaker 1: Hey Ben Ben Bradshawn Bryant text line six four six eighty six. This text just came in and says, tell Ben has stopped breaking down country music bars and start talking football Abby in a Dina.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 6: Yeah that seems about right. Wow God you get rocket Yeah that'll work, man, She's this guy's pissed. Just just put on your calendar right now, just marketing your brand that yeah, I told you so, and go to Fort Worth.
Speaker 5: I love it. Sorry.
Speaker 7: So, by the way, is that is that like the consensus though?
Speaker 5: That is? Uh?
Speaker 1: The country growing sick of Nashville, Like is it going the wrong way?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 8: Not really, but the Texas music scene is just exploding. It's well, no, so it's been big forever. I mean Austin City limits, for crying out out, that show has been on forever, and Austin is an absolute great spot for music. Fort Worth is outstanding as well.
Speaker 5: I mean it really is.
Speaker 8: It's just a different kind Texas country is just a little bit different than you get in Nashville. Nashville is a little more commercial, whereas the Texas it's just very more pure I would.
Speaker 7: Say, country.
Speaker 1: And as Dallas Fort Worth is. This is the dumb question because I don't know the geography. Is it essentially like Minneapolis and Saint Paul. Are they like right next to each other? Is it a little bit bigger.
Speaker 7: Of a gap than that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, it's pretty close.
Speaker 1: So I just love, like, how far out Ben is the place you were talking about from Dallas.
Speaker 7: Well, it does.
Speaker 6: It is a little further spaced out, like we were. Our hotel was not far from the airport, which is you know, you have to use like literally kind of smack dab in the middle of the two cities. It was still a forty minute uber ride to Fort Worth and then you know, and then if we want to probably get in the heart of Dallas, it was probably another or you know, thirty five forty minutes. So it on the map, it looks like they're much closer, but they are kind of spread out further than you think.
Speaker 2: It's crazy too, because they have their own music charts down there for Texas country music. So you can have a giant career playing country music in Texas and play everywhere in that giant state and never be heard of outside of Texas.
Speaker 5: Right, really is that right?
Speaker 2: It's true?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, he gat in Oklahoma. They kind of tie in together a little bit on that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hey, Ben, we're novices, you know, we don't know what we're talking about.
Speaker 7: You played linebacker in the NFL.
Speaker 1: Would you have fallen for the playfake that JJ McCarthy pulled off last night when he walked into the end zone.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I would have.
Speaker 5: He was that good.
Speaker 6: And well, the thing is, it's yeah, the fake was great. I mean he did he did sell it really really well. But it was more about like the personnel that they brought in. You know, they went complete jumbo goal line package. Aaron Jones comes out, Jordan Mason comes in, you got the hammer in there and of him, you know, we had extra linemen, like we went we went super big personnel, and so that's I mean, that's part of the setup though, right, I mean, that's part of the ruse is just to think, you know, the lines do it with Dan Skipper a lot. You know, they'll go jumbo personnel with Dan Skipper and you're thinking, okay, well they're going to just plow ahead forward for a yard and so we better buckle our chin straps. So it is about the personnel setup as well. But no, it was. It was beautifully executed. What a fun moment to watch him sort of half gritty into the end zone. And did I hear and understand correctly that when that play worked a couple of times in practice he said that he was going to gritty in the end zone. I guess KOs said like, don't do that. I don't want to see that, and then I guess he was like, well, then that just makes me want to do it even more.
Speaker 2: Here's the audio listen.
Speaker 9: I did it in practice and I was told not to do it, So it just me, you know, being who I am, it's like, oh, now I'm more enticed to do it. But if it's that open, obviously, just getting the end zone no matter what and be coachable and do what my coach says. So you know, I'll definitely get a minus for that one.
Speaker 8: Such a twenty two year old. Yeah, hey, Ben, let's go on the other side of this. We've all been impressed with Brian Flores and his defense through the last couple of seasons and obviously this season.
Speaker 5: But I really think that.
Speaker 8: Yesterday's or last night's scheme was so amazing against one of the most potent offenses, and what he did to Dak Prescott in the fact that he was with the NFL yards leader, he had to put twenty seven touchdowns, which was second in the NFL, and literally had him looking confused.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, I was really impressed. Not to say that they didn't get their yards. You know, they definitely got the yards. I think they finished, you know, on a per play basis, like right around seven yards of play, but but that was also thrown in some of the cheap yardage at the end and so the two minute drill. I think they held him to six point eight yards per pass before that, which was which is phenomenal based on you know, everything that he's been doing and to your point about all the stats as well, Dak was number three in yards versus the blitz. He had nine touchdowns to only two interceptions, and he was also second in completions. So they usually had an answer whenever they saw blitz throughout the whole season, and there are multiple times where they're making the wrong calls. They looked confused. They had you know, the center was squatting down, pointing one direction, dak was pointing another direction. You know, they didn't have the count the way they thought it they it was going to be lined up. And then you know there's several times too where they did all of that, and then we dropped eight guys and we only rushed three. So I just thought the cadence at which we called those blitzes was working really well. And that's not to say though that it was perfect. I mean, you guys all saw the game. We gave up a lot of yards on the ground. Williams kind of gashed us up the middle, and you know, if you have to nitpick, it's like, well, you know, we thankfully we shut down the passing game and kept everything in front of us, but you hate to see some of those leaky yards and those first downs they're picking up on the ground. But yeah, for the most part, they kept back confused, they kept Brian Schottenheim or frustrated, I'm sure, And yeah, it just seems like every single week, when every team knows what's coming, they still can't stop it.
Speaker 2: This is Ben Laber, who was a well rounded individual, knows more than just football, likes to talk about music in Dallas, and knows thing about raising a steer or two. He's brought to you by our friends at Mystic Lake. Thank you very much for having bent Lee Brown with us, and you are more than just football. But that said, back to football, how do you feel after these last two wins about the future of our team at quarterback?
Speaker 6: I mean much better, I feel much more positive. I'm trying to I'm trying not to get sort of I'm not trying to ride this emotional roller coaster from game to game. I guess I think the one thing that the last two games is teaching me is to not get super emotional about making these declarations about what I think is going on, what we should be doing, because I certainly, you know, I think personally have done that just quietly like oh man, like I'm kind of super sour. I'm down on what's going on? And then I see a couple of good plays, I'm like, Nope, all good, No, we're fine, and that's you, you know, a couple of negative plays and I'm like Karen riding this roller coaster. I think everything's trending the right direction. I think there's the command that McCarthy showed. There's a smoothness to the way he's operating right now. There's definitely a quiet confidence to what he's doing on the field. And man, I tell you what, if this is what this is what a few small tweaks can do in practice two weeks ago, and it can lead to this like yeah, all you got to do is fine tune it a little bit more. And who knows what this kid can do? You know. I keep hearing internally that the one thing that you can't teach is the thing that he has. And he has that h factor, Like he has that intangible that that gamer mentality. When the lights are bright, he shines brighter. That is really really hard to find. And if you can work with everything else and he still maintains that, then you have yourself a winner, and that's you know, then he's then he shaped to be the guy that you hope that he'd be. So everything's positive right now, everything's training in the right direction, and we got another three games to prove what we've got as a franchise quarterback.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Ben. I'm sorry that I guilted you into being on but that was so good and we needed it, so thank you.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Thanks, Now go back to Betty.
Speaker 6: But well, well, thanks guys. I mean I'm assuming that the hours that I was sleeping and you guys were on the radio, you guys covered covered all of this, so I'm probably just parodying a lot of the same things you guys talked about. The game, probably being done with a little story voice and I'm tired voice.
Speaker 1: Real quick, Ben, who's your favorite spice girl? Because that was the main that was a topic of Viking Chess.
Speaker 5: And do you know who Quinn Hughes is?
Speaker 6: I do know who Quinn Hughes is. Uh it's Quinnesota, right, that's what we're.
Speaker 7: Calling it now, Minnesota. Oh yeah, oh.
Speaker 6: Yeah, uh, I don't know. Maybe I was gonna say maybe the redhead.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Ginger, Ginger, Yeah yeah, Ginger.
Speaker 6: She seems fun.
Speaker 2: I agree with him on that.
Speaker 7: Sporty spices kind of I think is just it's posh. Is to just obvious, you know, like she's gonna be judgy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you don't mind that though hard I do.
Speaker 2: I just I'm going to disappoint them all, so I guess it doesn't matter.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what do you care?
Speaker 2: I don't know, mustn't.
Speaker 6: What's been the consensus? Who's everybody selected?
Speaker 7: I said, posh one, Ginger too, Yeah, I.
Speaker 5: Said, I went scary one, and then you know what, sporty too.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I just feel bad that no one's picked her.
Speaker 2: I said, spend the wheel and tell me who's open.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And that was.
Speaker 7: When we were talking about Cody and Sister Wise.
Speaker 6: Man, is that it?
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you can go back to bed.
Speaker 6: That's what. That's what I got up for fourteen minutes.
Speaker 7: Would you kill the us?
Speaker 2: And you did the same thing you had?
Speaker 6: Oh man, here's a challenge. You'll even take a nap today at I have time or no?
Speaker 2: Hell? Yeah, you do naps for the best little Nature's ambient.
Speaker 5: Got done, baby, Yeah? Yeah, cranking away, send the.
Speaker 2: Pictures of Zacho.
Speaker 7: Yeah, google Sister Wives and then text Hawk.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 6: I'll just maybe just google Gingder and just call.
Speaker 5: Go you do it?
Speaker 6: Make a little nappy nap.
Speaker 7: All right, see your Thursday slap, slappy nap.
Speaker 6: I love that.
Speaker 10: Nap.
Speaker 1: Get a wait from to break that down on Twin City's Live Today three to.
Speaker 2: Four thirty, did you say slappy naps nap?
Speaker 7: And he did headlines when we come back?
Speaker 1: This is the power tripleingt You want to fan, want to chime in and what's happening with your favorite kfan program?
Speaker 7: Do what?
Speaker 5: Who was it in?
Speaker 3: Dinah?
Speaker 2: Larry Brown, the former coach in the Detroit Distance.
Speaker 5: She made her voice coach them.
Speaker 1: Bradshaw and Brian text line you can do it as well six four six eighty six standard message in data rights.
Speaker 2: I love it. Did Terry Bradshaw and Dan O'Bryant have put together a calling line for us. That's not Dan O'Bryant. What was the guy's name who was on the Olympic team with that other guy.
Speaker 1: But they never made Dan. It was Dan Dave Johnson, Dan O'Brien That was close and they never made the team, right, wasn't that the bit? Of course one of them didn't. No, I thought both of them did. I'm pretty sure one didn't. I think one did. I feel like one made it, one didn't. Leading up to this ninety two Summer Olympics happen, I'll be your birthday Dan. Yeah, the campaign had to be modified when O'Brien failed to qualify for the Olympics. Yeah, he must be wh and think about it. That was I've forgotten about this part. That was a Rebok advertising campaign. So it was basically like, if you wear a rebox you can be like Dan and Dave. One of them's a failure, right, even though of course he's like world class. I still think that's the craziest thing about sports. There's like eight billion people on the planet. Right, let's just use Lebron James. Lebron James is again argument sake, best player on the planet.
Speaker 7: Right out of eight billion people, he's the best.
Speaker 1: If you're in the NBA, you're one of the two hundred greatest players on the planet Earth.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 1: Think of the gap from the best player Lebron to like player two hundred. That gap is so wide and you're still one of the two hundred best players on the planet. It's like when we rip a quarter you could be a terrible quarterback.
Speaker 5: Terrible.
Speaker 1: You're one of the fifty or one hundred best quarterbacks on the planet.
Speaker 7: It's like this guy sucks.
Speaker 5: Isn't that nuts? It's nuts?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: So like, let's see, so Dan O'Brien in ninety two, one of the best decathletes on the planet Earth, came up a little bit short, and now we're like, that guy sucks. He didn't even make the Olympic team. So much more athletic than any of us.
Speaker 5: Worst javelin throw.
Speaker 1: You can do the javelin, he can do the high jump, he can run, you can hurtle, he can do everything first the throng style.
Speaker 7: I think you can do everything.
Speaker 2: Your hands up, you just said, I think.
Speaker 5: Then you stopped.
Speaker 11: I was gonna make a joke, but I'm not good at this job anymore.
Speaker 5: I think therefore I am.
Speaker 7: Though.
Speaker 2: That means you're guaranteed human. You want to finish it though, because you know and you're right by the way. I appreciate you can finish because an Ai would have finished the joke.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so you're proving your human by not being able to do humor. No.
Speaker 1: He also raised his hand and said, I think, and then I believe you were thinking. Yeah, so I don't know why we jumped the gun and waited for you to talk, because we should have allowed you to continue to think. I thought the rules are you had to say the joke on that show. I wasn't like, if you think about the joke, you have to say it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think that was a rumor.
Speaker 1: So Paul, what were you going to say while you were thinking about Was it a joke or was it an actual point?
Speaker 5: I think it was.
Speaker 11: I raised my hand to make a point, but I was trying to also continue with the conversation.
Speaker 7: The Dan and Dave conversation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you forgot I must, Yeah, but I.
Speaker 5: Have, I do have. I don't want to be a part of it.
Speaker 7: Do you even know what we're talking about? Do you have any memory of that?
Speaker 1: I mean, it's before you were born, so you have zero idea what we're talking about.
Speaker 2: A million dollars it was Nike, by the way, I would have bet you dollars.
Speaker 1: Think about this, Zach and anybody that's young enough to not remember this. So there was a huge push way before the Olympics that like these two guys push, push, like these two guys were going to be the stars of the Olympics. And it was Dan and Dave and they couldn't stop running those ads. And then one of them didn't even make the team.
Speaker 2: Didn't make the team.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 1: So it was everywhere on TV for months and they were like celebrities before. You know, who knows the CA athletes? Yeah, the whole world for a little bit new Dan and Dave. If it wasn't it.
Speaker 8: Would have no idea who they were as soon as the Olympics are over. It's not like, oh, keep following.
Speaker 1: Right, And it wasn't you know, it wasn't like Michael Phelps. It wasn't Dan and Dave all ones fifteen medals a piece and where this It was these guys are probably going to do pretty well.
Speaker 11: Nope, Nope, it wasn't Bruce Jenner good at that, Yeah, which is an incredible thing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you gotta be good at everything.
Speaker 2: That's really something.
Speaker 11: I do have a point though, your hands up the Minnesota are you still thinking have made a signing?
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, are they gonna overshadow the Quinn Hughes trade here?
Speaker 5: No Dan or David? What if it is Dan O'Brien, please tell me it was Daniel Orlowski.
Speaker 11: They have signed first baseman Josh Bell to a one year old. Oh good, their first big league signing of the winter. See good doing something? They're spending the money?
Speaker 7: Is he good?
Speaker 11: I mean last year he let's see here, this is off the top of my head. He hit two thirty seven, had twenty two home runs, sixty three RBI. You had that in the top of you or had something like that.
Speaker 1: All right, So when the Quinn Hughes trade went down, people that don't know hockey were like, tell me what this means in terms of an NBA trade?
Speaker 7: What would this be like?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 7: So give me the NBA equivalent of Josh Bell.
Speaker 11: Uh Janis's brother, Oh, Billy, Yeah, I mean I don't uh core your hands up, I think, Yeah, sorry, I made a mistake, Captain.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, I just wanted everybody to know that once in a while, I think. And that's what makes me guaranteed human. Nothing for I am god. I know I should have gone home in the second you beat me to that word. I couldn't think of the word. Yeah, I did, you beat me to it? What are those things called where It's like when you click on like a on a website, if you're reading a story, it's not the whole story.
Speaker 7: It's like the headline subtitle, it's time.
Speaker 1: For headlines brought to you by my friends at Wolf River Electric and wolf Riverelectric dot Com.
Speaker 5: Go solar, get some solar panels put on.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: I know it's freezing, but next summer you're gonna be making bank those solar panels. I did like a year and a half ago.
Speaker 7: It was as funny today it's nice. Yeah, it gets sunny.
Speaker 5: Hey.
Speaker 2: At some point during the headlines here, do you want to know the rest of the story about Dan O'Brien.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, because this is really interesting, like what he went on to do afterwards.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, okay, so nineteen I started. Now, let's go O'Brien in the Olympic year of nineteen ninet two as the favorite to win the gold into the Cathlana in Barcelona.
Speaker 7: He was the favorite. Didn't make the team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right. However, during the US Olympic Trials at Tad Gormley Stadium in New Orleans, O'Brien had a disaster in the eighth event, which was the pole vault. After passing the first four lower heights, he entered the competition at fifteen nine and failed to clear the bar on all three attempts. As a result, he scored no points and dropped from first to eleventh place. Didn't make the Olympics, but at the Olympics in Atlanta nineteen ninety six, O'Brien won the gold medal. I had no idea he so he came back and won.
Speaker 1: The Olympics four years later, four years later, way after the ads mattered. Yeah, and my guess is Dave Johnson not on that team at ninety six.
Speaker 2: That's a good point. I'll take a look at.
Speaker 7: That, I wonder, But they did it separately. What do you expect? Like I would sque.
Speaker 2: And I'm not trying to be funnier and make fun of this, but I just kind of thought his story would have ended with him living on the streets, right, you know what I mean? Like, that's a great disappointment, especially if you're the favorite to win the whole thing.
Speaker 8: You don't make the team, all those years of training and you can't hit the fifteen to nine right and you're out.
Speaker 2: It's oo, it's sober, Johnny.
Speaker 5: Let's see just another quick four years from now on, know man.
Speaker 2: Dave Johnson won the bronze in Barcelona and that's it, all right.
Speaker 1: So he got bronze in ninety two. Yep, Dan O'Brien Golden ninety six.
Speaker 2: They follow the story.
Speaker 7: They both were legit. We just had the timeline.
Speaker 2: Off thirty podcast about Dave and Dan. I might have to listen to that today. I did not know that. I like the thirty for thirty podcasts are real good.
Speaker 5: Yeah they are good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay.
Speaker 1: Dan O'Brien got a deal with Nike in ninety three, so it was a Reebok ad leading up to the ninety two Olympics. But according to Wikipedia, O'Brien got a Nike deal in ninety three.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 7: Wow, that's strange.
Speaker 1: That's after he missed the Olympics in ninety two. Nike's like, this is the guy we need.
Speaker 2: Strange, unbelievable. I do like the idea that you know, he couldn't make the Olympic team with rebox on, but he put.
Speaker 5: On these nights.
Speaker 7: I mean, yeah, made that's on the goal.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, another thing, real quick, if you don't mind, before I forget, I want to bring this up. We were talking about throwing up in the last break. You weren't in here for it, but did you guys, see the thing about about Josh Allen saying he throws.
Speaker 5: Up nearly every game? Josh, who Josh Allen? Really? Allen? Oh, what did I say?
Speaker 11: I'm sorry, I thought that's what you said, but I thought it was I thought I heard something else.
Speaker 5: He throws up before everything game.
Speaker 2: So yesterday they caught him on on film or not on film, on camera during the game throwing up, and they asked him about it in this postgame presser, and he said, I'm surprised they finally caught it. It happens every game.
Speaker 5: I don't know why I throw up every game, don't you nerves? I guess it's all worked. I hate wouldn't you just quit football?
Speaker 2: I hate throwing up.
Speaker 5: Throwing up? Well, but there's a lot of people throw up and they don't stop drinking.
Speaker 2: So you're looking in the mirror right now, Okay, people, Yeah, I know, man, I tell you I hate throwing it.
Speaker 5: I can't.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm exaggerating by saying it, but man, I would look, I'd go to the doctor at the very least.
Speaker 1: But to your point, this is the point you're making. It's all right, your first two or three games in the NFL. You're just overwhelmed and you're super nervous and your stomach's journey and you throw up.
Speaker 5: You'd be like, all right, you're but he's an MVP.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's one of the best quarterbacks of this generation.
Speaker 5: He's going to be a Hall of Famer.
Speaker 1: You would think at this point now you're not even remotely nervous.
Speaker 8: And every game he's got a pug and rally. I am for you, Josh. That sounds like hell.
Speaker 2: That sounds like an OCD thing, is what it sounds like. Yeah, like he doesn't feel like he's ready to play, or if he doesn't throw up, you.
Speaker 7: Know, strange, weird.
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 7: Today is National Cupcake Day.
Speaker 5: Oh the best I I do? I do.
Speaker 2: I get pissed when I think it's going to be vanilla and it's lemon though.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you count how many.
Speaker 2: You ate at that wedding?
Speaker 1: Nine seconds I was was watching me. I counted on my fingers. How long is it going to take somebody to mention that I had? It was one and a half. His wedding was one and a half. And then I stopped because they were a lot. There's a lot of sugar. Nine seconds was the answer I should have bet somebody. Yeah, those are great, They are great. Not those are the best?
Speaker 7: Ye tell me? You guys think about this.
Speaker 1: On Wednesday, apparently it's National Syrup Day. Syrup Day, Denny's is launching something called Sticky Kicks, which are quote syrup filled sneakers. So are they? Are they pancakes shaped like shoes? Or waffle or a waffle shaped like shoes? Golly sweet, I wanted it to write, probably a waffle. I don't think that waffle makes more sense. It's just kind of cool. Is that what they are?
Speaker 11: Though?
Speaker 7: Waffles?
Speaker 11: No, I can't see because this computer takes forever to load.
Speaker 7: You just said they look kind of cool.
Speaker 11: I saw him like for a split second you did, and then I clicked on it and now it's doing this.
Speaker 1: But when you said they looked cool, what did they look like? Were they like high top sneakers that made of what they're just? I would guess rubber shoes? My soul again, somebody reach out to iHeart. Are we sure we don't want AI?
Speaker 5: Are we sure? Here? I'm just it would be so much more efficient to have a robot.
Speaker 11: Yeah, they just look like high top, like something. Ronald McDonald would wear. So they're not edible. No, but they have on top, on the side and then in the like.
Speaker 2: Part like like you used to be able to pump your shoe up, you know what I mean? Like like it's got yet.
Speaker 7: Are these to pour syrup on your waffles or start syrup in them?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 1: So this is just a complete gag. Yeah, calm down. Yeah, I don't get it.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna look himup because I don't believe what he's saying.
Speaker 1: Isn't isn't the better idea waffles shaped shoes that you can put syrup in?
Speaker 5: Yes, come on, Denny's, Denny's, come on.
Speaker 8: So what if your waffle smells a bit like foot, just slather on some syrup.
Speaker 5: Yea god if your feet smelled like waffles though all day?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do love waffles. Don't give me a Belgium waffle. You give me a regular waffle. I wanted to be flat. I want it to be.
Speaker 1: Uh mm, buttery, A lot of butter every square, Yeah, a lot of syrup.
Speaker 5: You want to open a waffle house and not invite anybody same? Why would you not invite me? Because you don't? Why do we not have a waffle house here.
Speaker 2: Really, I had read that they were thinking about bringing one here.
Speaker 5: They should bring many of them here.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but is is that food?
Speaker 11: Like, like I know people say in and out it's just okay. But we love it because we don't get it all the time, like if we got.
Speaker 7: Well, think about it.
Speaker 1: Waffle Houses essentially on every southern Inner state, right. Yeah, so it basically is a truck stop. Yeah, waffle house food is a plus. Pull your hands up. Who likes ladies that hang out a truck stops? That'd be hawk. I'll answer my own question.
Speaker 7: Probably everything against them.
Speaker 5: They got great dag coke. The hash browns are pretty good. The steak is smothered and cover baby. Yeah, man, two o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 1: Everything at two o'clock in the morning with a little syrup on it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sometimes when I get here in the morning and you're cooking a waffle, I want to go down eat it.
Speaker 7: It smells really good.
Speaker 5: I have plenty, you can have one.
Speaker 7: Yes, it's it's I don't know, man, it does smell like breakfast. Every day I walk in here.
Speaker 2: I would eat your waffles, but I'm afraid you're going to do what those guys do at the very beginning of that movie, We're TV show. We were talking about what the show. We were all talking about. All remember how the guy picks up the donuts and pluribus in the first episode. That's what I think you do to your waffles.
Speaker 5: I would never do that.
Speaker 7: Why not you?
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't know, because I eat it. I eat it. I eat it. No, I eat it. That's not what I heard.
Speaker 1: This is a rough night. This is a rough rough night. Think about this for a second. A sixty four year old guy is suing Aria in Las Vegas after he woke up in a security holding area in handcuffs and he was told by the Aria that he owed the casino seventy five thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: He had zero memory of how the debt happened or why he was in handcuffs.
Speaker 5: Is this the true story?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh my god, sixty four year old guy suing Aria.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: My guess is he's suing them because he's saying they can't prove that I lost this money.
Speaker 2: I bet they got it on V exactly.
Speaker 7: I guess is they have a pretty strong case.
Speaker 1: He has no idea why he owes seventy five k no memory of being in handcuffs. It was also the handcuff thing like that. What's the legal right to handcuff somebody?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Good point, But again, my guess is he has some kind of There's footage of him losing his mind.
Speaker 7: Maybe he's coked out of his mind, or maybe.
Speaker 2: He tried to leave even though he owed, you know, like that one guy who said no, I'm not paying and leaving like you were done with exactly.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no, there were twenty bucks.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Crazy John Cena wrestled his final match on Saturday, losing the something called Gunther. I don't think the guy from Friends what's his name? Gunther Fans are apparently not happy about it. They even booed. But according to the story, it is tradition in wrestling that you lose on your way out. Yeah, that's the wick flair A bit passed the torch.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah. Hell Cogan and Andrea the Giant.
Speaker 7: Yeah, how did they lose Hawk?
Speaker 2: They kissed each other and and fainted by love.
Speaker 1: Oh oh you were there. Andrea got choked out, the shipped out the man in black. Oh, shout out to Rob Ryner. Remember, yeah, alright, p brother Helena Bonham Carter is in talks to join season four of The White Lotus.
Speaker 5: I do like her. She's very pale.
Speaker 7: Yeah, she really really is.
Speaker 8: That's the attract I don't know. You must be really attracted to Corey.
Speaker 5: Then I kind of amused.
Speaker 2: Now you're very pale. He's right.
Speaker 1: Zutopia too is hit the one billion dollar mark faster than any animated PG rated movie ever.
Speaker 5: Holy Molly, good care, No not yet. Really, I thought you guys were going was sick.
Speaker 7: And then she had gymnastics and stuff.
Speaker 5: So oh yeah, yeah, mmm mmmmmm yeah.
Speaker 2: You know where I wanted to go when I was in Michigan this weekend, Corey, Oh, Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State Park, Porcupine Mountains. Didn't that sound great?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I don't think we have porcupines up here? Do we?
Speaker 7: No, well, we don't know.
Speaker 2: I didn't expect you to be an expert on that.
Speaker 5: Okay, you've really jumped on that one.
Speaker 8: Where are park never been billed in Minnesota? I would think, uh, oh gosh, they are. Yeah, absolutely, I don't know where else. And be they nest up in trees? They do, I believe, so, yeah.
Speaker 2: They have nests. Porcupines have nests.
Speaker 5: I didn't know that. Yeah, I believe so, my lord.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, well anyway, Porcupine Mountain National Wilderness State Park was right there where I was at, and I wanted to go, but it was so damned cold I didn't want to get out of my car. Well, some b I know, it was really cold.
Speaker 5: You have loved it though, Yeah, where were you?
Speaker 7: Ironwood?
Speaker 2: Ironwood, Michigan.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I want to see how far you were from fire keepers Bell's that? Oh not even close? Oh man?
Speaker 1: So oh you were way up there. Yeah, yeah, we were up oh man, superior.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It was so cold, dude, I mean it it was minus thirty in the wind.
Speaker 1: It was so cold, man, Dude, Michigan is weird. You know, you said you were in Michigan. I'm like, oh, you must have been close. You know how far you were from essentially Kalamazoo, Michigan nine hours?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I can believe it, because, yeah.
Speaker 1: You're essentially all the way across the state of Wisconsin and then north of Wisconsin.
Speaker 7: H yeah, so all the way across Lake Michigan. I mean you're not even close.
Speaker 1: And let me tell you you're essentially what so it looks like what maybe hour and a half east of Dulux.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but to you, it took me five hours to get there.
Speaker 7: I drove it. It took me five hours again, five hours.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and let me tell you, it just snowed and snowed and snowed and snowed. That Lake Effect snows a different kind of snow too. It's just beautiful. I couldn't believe it. I I got to go see what that place is like in the in the summertime. If you're looking at Ireland right now, and you keep going up north up to the like a like the the finger tip of that part of it. Look how far up it goes into Lake Superior. Ye, how cool would that be?
Speaker 5: Copper Harbor?
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 5: Look at that?
Speaker 2: How cool would that be? You gotta believe that's just the summertime.
Speaker 1: I was saying, listen, are these names up there? Iron Wood, Iron River, Iron Mountain, Copper Harbor, Atlantic Mine. What do we got for metals up there? Is it just NonStop mining up there?
Speaker 2: That's it, man, that's that's and they put them on those big boats like the old that's the one.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Waters. I'm sorry, please, oh, I'm sorry, waters meet water are you did you do that? Barb?
Speaker 2: That's great waters meat they do.
Speaker 1: Uh, we're technically we technically have a border with Michigan up there in Lake Superior.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I guess I'll Roy is that isle? Roy elf for great things about that place? That looks sweet? Yeah? Yeah? Can I get a quick shout out?
Speaker 7: Real quick, Lindsay von Yeah.
Speaker 1: They talked about her on Sunday Night Football last night. The oldest World Cup downhill skiing winner at forty one.
Speaker 5: She's making a huge comeback. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Man, she retired and now she's back and she forty one years old and she's killing it again.
Speaker 2: Did you see her going down that hill?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Unbelievable.
Speaker 7: My gosh, dude, Oh how do they stop?
Speaker 5: I don't know. Crash right?
Speaker 7: More impressive, Lindsay vonn or Philip Rivers.
Speaker 1: I mean that's a I would argue a good question, I say, Lindsay von actually too, I be honest with you.
Speaker 8: I mean, like that that speed and then if you watch like the highlight reel of her crashes, Oh, how on earth did she serve.
Speaker 5: The Frenchman?
Speaker 1: Lindsay Lohan is going to voice Maggie Simpson on this Sunday's episode. She's going to be future Maggie when Maggie's older. Oh, Lindsay Lohan, I can end on this.
Speaker 2: It's pretty neat.
Speaker 7: Yes, I didn't know this. I learned something today. It was on this.
Speaker 1: Day in nineteen sixty six that Walt Disney died. And what year again, nineteen sixty six.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: He was just sixty five years old. Answer right, See, that was what I was going to ask. Do you know what kind cancer?
Speaker 7: Zachary nailed? Lung cancer? He was a big smoker.
Speaker 1: His brother Roy also died around this time of a stroke.
Speaker 7: His brother's name was Roy el Roy Roy Royal Tannembaum.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, good film. Wow man.
Speaker 8: Well, in the early days when they were filming, you know, you'd see him in his office, you know, before he was introducing a picture or whatever they were going to be showing. Oh yeah, just burning darts. Oh yeah, black and white. Just smoke going all over the place, back in the good old days. That's just tough smoke anywhere you walk.
Speaker 1: Fifty two years ago today, in nineteen seventy three, the Pirates of the Caribbean opened to Disney World. Six years after it appeared at disney Land, and it was the very last attraction that Walt Disney helped design himself. They added Jack Sparrow to it in Zack Ce didn guess the year. What year did they add Jack Sparrow.
Speaker 7: To Pirates of the Caribbean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think he was I think he was created for the film.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I'd say two thousand.
Speaker 7: Yeah, whenever the film came out a year seventy seventy.
Speaker 1: You think the year seventy, like two thousand and six, Yeah, just seventy seventy.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: It is fun, Katie to find all the hidden Jacks.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, that's a different ride.
Speaker 5: Hidden one.
Speaker 7: It's a game Tommy used to play in the locker room.
Speaker 5: He won a lot.
Speaker 7: And scene.
Speaker 1: All right, here's another. I lied, I have one another one. I just read this story and this kind of blows my mind. I don't know Glenn Miller, the band leader. I just know the name.
Speaker 7: I don't know anything about him. What a crazy story.
Speaker 1: Check this out. Nineteen forty four. On this day, legendary band leader Glenn Miller died when the plane he was flying disappeared into thick fog over the English Channel. Terrible story right, Holy Amelia plane disappears. In nineteen eighty five, a group of former British Royal Air Force pilots finally admitted that when they were unable to drop their bombs on Germany Journey routine bombing run, they dropped the bombs over the English Channel where, underknown unknown to them at the time, Glenn Miller's plane was flying.
Speaker 5: Oh my Glen Miller.
Speaker 1: So they accidentally killed Glenn Miller and admitted it forty years later.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing. They never found the plane, and there's always been a rumor that they covered it up because of what they.
Speaker 7: Did, because they did it an accident and killed them.
Speaker 2: But they never they never didn't find it. Fine, he's still listed I believe as missus action.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it exploded and that's why they never found the plane.
Speaker 7: Yeah, how about this, You would.
Speaker 1: Think they would still be Yeah, but it's over the English Channel place planes just don't They were sorry.
Speaker 7: Well, ten years later they said sorry about that.
Speaker 5: Fine, it was really funny. They couldn't see fog of war.
Speaker 2: Baby, they didn't mean to do it. Yeah, that's a terrible thing, hey hawk, Yeah, baby.
Speaker 8: We got a winter white out week going on this week Vikings Country, love it tomorrow at the Lookout, Oh, I'll be there thirty. Anthony Harris is going to be there. We're giving away tickets in the Miller Like Lounge, and then we go out. On Wednesday. We are at Jimmy's and Badness Heights. Oh hell yeah, Mike Floyd. We are on Thursday Sunshine Factory, Plymouth. Those are also thirty eight thirty, and then we'll be at Babes in Lakeville coming up on Friday.
Speaker 5: That's great. Yeah, I see you tomorrow night though. I love the Lookout. Oh it's a great place. Hey.
Speaker 7: Speaking of Friday, Zachary, tell Hawk what we're doing on Friday.
Speaker 1: William Sowalaj, the NASCAR driver from Minnesota, playing initials in this suite, talking about his career and all that.
Speaker 7: So that'll be cool to Mary, cool, that'll be great.
Speaker 1: We're back tomorrow five thirty to nine. I feel like Bonus is gone, correct, isn't he gone?
Speaker 2: The night in the Virgin Islands or Costa Rica?
Speaker 7: Costa Rica?
Speaker 5: Is right?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 1: So Marne Tomorrow Powership five thirty to nine, nine to noon is next.
Speaker 2: Thank you, bussy, thank you being sorry.
Speaker 5: I already have a runner for today.
Speaker 2: Devin, join your vacation, baby, love me,