Speaker 1: And now an exclusive interview with David Bassey for Dodger Talker. Everybody wants a piece now, everybody knows where Justin Robleski's locker now is in the Dodger Clubhouse after a great pitch game, Justin, thanks a lot for remembering the little people. I know there's a big crowd around your locker right now. I appreciate the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's for Tanner, right next to Tanner's locker. That's what it's for.
Speaker 1: I love upsetting Tanner Scott, and that's why we're doing this interview right here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we need to probably do it in front of his locker instead.
Speaker 1: No comment, no comment. I mean, this guy loves to hate. He's so jealousy.
Speaker 2: Because you said show me that beautiful bald head, and I hit him with the please show me that beautiful two pey. I'm trying to get Tanner some fampoo, but he's not a part that maybe just lotion.
Speaker 1: Well here we go. Hey, Tanner, since you're here, what'd you think about what Robleski did last night? Since you closed the game out for him. I honestly thought he was going back out me too, I mean it was.
Speaker 2: I was ready efficient.
Speaker 1: Very efficient. Hey three like five pitch innings maybe it was eight eight six for uh five six seven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, keep going, that's what we need.
Speaker 1: I actually talked to Miguil Rojas after the game last night, and it seemed like he was really excited that you kept your infielders engaged, You work quick, and kept those guys involved.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's, you know, that's the key to to you know, getting deep into games. I think you watched a lot of the guys that that pitch quicker, and when you're throwing strikes like that, it's just a tack mote against the hitters, and I think it creates a level of discomfort with the hitters. And I think we have more of an advantage now than even in past years because of the pitch clock and everything else. And they only get one time out, so if you're just filling up his own and they're putting in playing getting out, I think it's it's just more uncomfortable on them. So I think that's and then yeah, like you said, it keeps them fielders engaged and keeps everybody you know ready to go. Oh so yeah, I love it.
Speaker 1: With that being said, you're a guy that came up through the miners with the pitch clock, do you feel like you have a better understanding on how to use that to your advantage?
Speaker 2: I would say, I'd say it's been something that you've kind of had to learn. It's just like a I don't know, it's it's a little nuanced. I don't think it's anything that's like super game breaking or game changing. But I think definitely for a guy like myself who likes to work quick, it's it's a little lot better because in college, like I'd be working quick and having a good outing and then you know everyone's like time and it's just calling three timeouts in at bat and you know it gets a little annoying and they can't do that anymore. So that's that's kind of a good part for me. But other than that, it's just a matter of you know, knowing how much time you need between pitches and kind of using it more of as like you know, how to get a breather. Then some of these guys do, like like Frameber for example, stand there and stare at the ground for a while and try to get the hitter to get into the box late, which honestly credit to them. I think it's a it's a smart thing to do if you can do it right, But I don't have the patience for that. So it's it's there's there's little games within the game you can do with it. But I'm more so just happy that we have it because it keeps me working quick and it keeps a tour. The game can't get stalled if you're if you're cruiser.
Speaker 1: So it's fair to say that you're a rhythm picture, especially with the new setup that you have where you're straddling the mound the rubber.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd say I'd say it. I've always been that kind of way. It's just, you know, I think for the most part, all of us are that way. It's just once you get into a groove and are feeling it and feel good, I think you want to just keep going and go as quickly as you can. But yeah, i'd say definitely. I'm definitely more of a rhythm guy.
Speaker 1: I guess the obvious question is today, how is Justin Robleski feeling after throwing more innings than you ever have in your professional career?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel good, I feel good. I feel normally I'm a day two shortness guy. So we'll see how I feel tomorrow. But today I feel pretty good. I feel like I'm not gonna throw them all to day. But I have an extra day this week, so why would I, you know, take a little spot day. Watch you I'm my throw gen tonight and and sit back.
Speaker 1: When you talk about wanting to go back out there for the ninth inning, do you have any say? Did you have any chance to plead your case?
Speaker 2: I'd like to think I did not. You know, I think from a from a perspective of health and everything else, I've that was the first time ever going eight ups in my life, so I think from from that perspective, it was the right decision out of them. But like I said last night, I just kind of want to build off that and do it, do it more and more time, so that if we're in that situation again, it's there's no question, it's I'm going back out for the ninth inning and we'll see where we get from there. Hopefully, hopefully I can get that opportunity again. Obviously, those outings are are pretty hard to get to nowadays. But you know, obviously the goal is always to go as hard as you can as long as you can, and if that ends up being a complete game, that's that's even better.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure if you could share this with us now, but when you're facing a team that's struggling offensively as much as the Mets are, does that go into your game planning before the game as far as attacking the strike zone to dare them to hit it.
Speaker 2: No, I personally don't really look at a lot of that stuff is because you know, all these guys are good hitters, and that's a really good team over there, especially against lefties. So I just kind of view it how they have hit lefties over the past two years, year and a half, and that's kind of how I go into my game planning, is you know how how they are and what their tendencies are and kind of what kind of hitters they are. But at the end of the day, as a starter, it's it's less about a game plan more about just kind of feeling the game as you go through it. And that's kind of something I've learned, you know, bouncing back and forth and doing all this, is that out of as a as a starter, you can kind of your game plan is more fluid than it is, like setting like setting Stone. So that's it's pretty cool. It's a lot of fun to face these really good lineups and yeah, just see how you can navigate them and just attack.
Speaker 1: Justin Robleski has a lot of swagger, a lot of confidence in himself. One of my favorite scenes when they panned into the dugout a few different times. You were stalking that dugout like a lion stalking its prey. What was going through your mind when you're stalking that dugout, pacing up and down.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Once we get the two outside, just getting the dug out, and I'm not gonna I can't sit down, like well, I've already done my sitting down, So once it gets the two outs, I go on the dugout and I'm that's just it's just me. It's just how I do it. It's just what happens. I don't really think about it or try to, but it's just kind of what happens. And I'm just ready to go back out there and pitch. So that's just kind of me getting ready to go.
Speaker 1: Hey, love it. You just keep stacking those chips. The World series last year, Now what you did last night, Sky's limit for you. Thanks a lot for the time, and thank you for squeezing me in amongst all your new fans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks Dave, thank you, thank you.