Speaker 1: Listen Beaverville, Come on man.
Speaker 2: Mornie light, gentlemen, and welcome to video Message number twenty nine.
Speaker 1: I'm like a dog in heat.
Speaker 2: I woke up yesterday morning with us three of us to start later, please, I could never know what the day with us FDA.
Speaker 1: Listen up. The radies just came in for last month. We are number one.
Speaker 2: We just grabbed every key demogram super duper.
Speaker 3: That's nice.
Speaker 1: Might a goo nito gay? Yes, boy, that is good news.
Speaker 4: It is the seventeenth day of March twenty twenty six. Good Tiesday, Tour Tiesday, toured, good Tuesday, tired morning. My name is Krosoki. Welcome to the Power Trip Morning Show. And here we are is today Saint Patrick's Day. Today, Saint Patrick's Day, isn't it?
Speaker 1: Ah? Your days? Congrats Jamia.
Speaker 5: I don't even know what accent that was.
Speaker 4: Uh, Marny Bonie, he'll be back. Bony's here, yay, A very Irish day for Bone to be here. I don't know if he's Irish or not. He looks more Caribbean. Let's get started. I don't know what else to say. Here's Jim Gaffigan with some calm to day. I hope you have a great day. You come on in. I'm glad you're here.
Speaker 1: Only good family news.
Speaker 6: This passed along like if your great grandfather was Abraham Lincoln, you'd already know that. But if your great grandfather was the town drunk, your Grandpa's likely to go.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: I don't remember.
Speaker 6: I do know I have some Irish ancestry, but apparently the Irish didn't keep great records, because we'll draw your own conclusion, and someone tells me they weren't busy sunbathing. I'm Irish, but I have blonde hair. Supposedly the only reason the Irish have blonde or red hair is because the Vikings invaded, pillaged, and probably other stuff. Those Vikings as Scandinavians.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 6: If you've been to Sweden, it's like a whole country of Scarlett Johansson's. If I was in Ireland at that time, I would have been, Oh, no, some Viking ladies coming to Pellete me. I guess I'll hide on this bed covered.
Speaker 1: In roast petals. Hopefully she can help me put together that table.
Speaker 7: I like the Alaskan pipeline.
Speaker 8: Side is sweet and feet us on your side. You here the distance unders This s stray.
Speaker 2: St Patrick's Day twenty twenty six Power Triplening Show. I'm Tory Cole, That's Chris Ay, Meat Sauce, Paul Lambert, There's Zach, there's Max and like you mentioned.
Speaker 1: Well materially the return of John Bonus.
Speaker 4: I know, hell yeah, I know, man. I couldn't sleep last night.
Speaker 1: Jud psyched. He completed the reverse Kuonan and Trail. He's back in the Twins. Yeah, what a.
Speaker 2: Track that guy's had the last month. Must be rough being John Bonus. Yeah, good old Johnny Bones. And on this podcast he was talking about how he might just pack up and go to Baltimore next week for the Twins opener.
Speaker 4: They got a shot as of right now.
Speaker 2: Of about two weeks. Anybody here ever bend to Baltimore? I mean, Chris, I assume you've been there with the Vikings.
Speaker 1: Sure I have not. How similar is it to shows like The Wire? Completely exactly like that? Yep.
Speaker 9: I got to dive into that show. I gotta just just do it. Yeah, everyone says it's.
Speaker 1: On the mount rushmore of TV shows.
Speaker 2: I think we watched like three episodes and never went bad. That's what I did. Yeah, it's so good. That's what everybody says. That everybody says, yeah, man the wire.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but uh, anyway, maybe I'll go to Baltimore.
Speaker 4: You got any crack today?
Speaker 1: Do I have any crack? Yeah? I don't. You know what, can you make it one hundred?
Speaker 2: I know?
Speaker 9: Would crack is sure? Sauce can get it to you by the end of the show. You can't get your steroids, but he can get your crack.
Speaker 5: I mean if you're an Irish person.
Speaker 2: Oh m, like what's the word, right, Irish crack? Kind of like what's up? Like, what's the crack? What's the what's the ta? What's the words you're asking for?
Speaker 1: The news? Yeah? News?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you got no crack out?
Speaker 1: They that's pretty good Irish accent. Well, you'll probably get Chris the crack by the end of the show.
Speaker 5: No, you won't even give me the Royds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could probably get you cracked. Oh, don't start promising. Thanks, way you could. I will if you keep talking about sweet Sass.
Speaker 5: The rise up to meet you?
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're going down the what's the butler in the dark knight?
Speaker 1: What's his name? Michael Caine? Michael. You're going to Old Michael Caine there for down on a butler.
Speaker 4: Wow, dark knight, I got drunk Jeffrey, Oh my dad.
Speaker 9: Now that's that would be a hell of a swap.
Speaker 1: If you just swap out Alfred and Jeffrey, it's called a Jeffrey night. Another great butler though.
Speaker 4: Yeah, now you're being heaven a full hour hour before the devil knows your dad.
Speaker 1: It's getting better.
Speaker 7: Thank you, Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Hey, you're welcome man.
Speaker 2: What's for you won't pass you? What's for you won't pass you? Yeah, so I'll take a guess.
Speaker 1: What was it?
Speaker 2: What's for you? That means like, if it's meant to be, it'll happen.
Speaker 5: Hey, you're not ignorant at all.
Speaker 2: No, thank you, Irish hockey, Irish hockey. What happens if a couple of guys trying to fight you got.
Speaker 1: Bay off you? You crack dang Corey, Yes, sir, A good.
Speaker 5: Laugh and a long sleep are the two best cares.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good. He's not wrong.
Speaker 9: You are you asking me to try to translate that I'm just talking about. I was going to say that essentially, laughter is the best medicine.
Speaker 2: He's just talking to you. Amaze oh, you got americanized on aby. I have to Yeah, it's better. We've been Ireland. It's lovely, but this country's better.
Speaker 5: It's easy to have the potato where there's laugh.
Speaker 1: Sang a potato. Well, it means it goes up, you know what.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, you gotta put it in your.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, don't say that. Come on, man, what do you gotta be crass? We're doing a comedy bit. You don't know where the line is. It's five thirty six. Still show a little class.
Speaker 2: If you're podcasting, you this might be five o'clock in the afternoon. They might be driving home with the kids and you just said, stick a potato.
Speaker 1: Up your ass. You this earlier.
Speaker 2: If you listen to the podcast, that means you seeked it out. You weren't forced to listen to it. So that means if you if there's swear words on the podcast, you can't be sued.
Speaker 4: Can we call it the broadcast and talk like Irish broads? Let's hear some ah, come on, every little way, dying flutey.
Speaker 1: It's a great point to us.
Speaker 9: You just made by the way instead of instead of editing out swear words from the broadcast, that accidentally were said.
Speaker 1: Right, and then we dump them and then have to cut them out of the podcast.
Speaker 9: Why don't we just do a really clean broadcast and then add swear words to the podcast. Yeah, like, man, this is going to be a tough game against the Blackhawks tonight, but in post we'll say this is going to be a bleeping tough game.
Speaker 1: Yeah right. I will have to pause once in a while and just add eff words and just add efforts in the podcast would be edgier. Hell yeah, man, I got a lot of good idea to you. Thank you.
Speaker 4: May you have no frost in your spuds, no worms in your coppege. May your goat give you a plenty of milk if you inherited donkey, May she be in fool.
Speaker 2: You.
Speaker 1: Yeah you said it. Man. May you live as long.
Speaker 5: As you want and never want as long as you leave.
Speaker 1: Oh that's kind of nice. Okay, I wasn't talking to you.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, if you lived as long as I wanted you to have been, did long?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, sorry I let you down.
Speaker 4: May all of your troubles be little ones and your lit ones be trouble free.
Speaker 5: Well that's a good.
Speaker 1: That is really good, man. That's a good one. They were spitting that day. Yeah they were.
Speaker 2: That's some hot crack, right, very good Irish rappers. Yeah, how does he sound? Is that the fake Schallome guy? Or is he British? He's British, he's from Liverpool. But if they have a similarity, their accident is closer with the Irish accident.
Speaker 1: Do you want to hear a little Nico whatever? Little Nico coaches the Gophers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there are good ships, and there are wood ships, the ships that sailed to say, but the best ships are friendships, and may they always be that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bitch, that's not bad when you hear it over a hot beat or yeah, I mean yeah, yeah, when Manny Fresh puts a beat down and you hear that over it, it's great. Yes, many Freshes playing the armory. Beetlejuice is at the film Ore. You only have one ticket in one hour. Can't see both.
Speaker 1: Manny Fresh or Beetlejuice.
Speaker 2: What's Beetle Juice doing? Just spoken words? You're not going to know you show up on Man, it's not even close, you know, it's not even close. That's probably Beatles. Probably, it's definitively.
Speaker 1: Close. Manny Fresh has some hot tracks.
Speaker 5: You can see many Fresh any times.
Speaker 1: Exactly.
Speaker 5: Beat ain't got much time.
Speaker 1: Left, you know it.
Speaker 2: I would probably and Beat would be at the Target Center. It would be a sold out crowd. The show would be at the filmore. He would have accidentally showed up at the target.
Speaker 4: He's probably gonna be a target. I love Beat right and in the in the little thing at the top of the cart with the youread, will yeah, by gonna get the God beats the best lucky stars above Wait, excuse me, rewind lucky stars above you sunshine on your way, many friends, I love you, joy and work and play, laughter, to outwage, care, and your heart is long and gladness waiting everywhere all your whole life long.
Speaker 5: Now let me see thatng.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's pretty good.
Speaker 5: It's too long.
Speaker 1: M hey.
Speaker 4: The dreams your hold, dearest, be those which come true. The kindness you spread keep returning to you, not spread them legs.
Speaker 1: Oh they don't mean mm hmmm.
Speaker 4: Tis better to Tis better to buy a small bouquet and give it to your friend. This for then a bushel of ROAs is red and white and red to lay on his coffin after it's dead.
Speaker 2: And the Irish like rhyming. Yeah, we have a lot of limericks. That one didn't have any explicit directives.
Speaker 1: At the.
Speaker 4: Remember the other guys when they're talking. In the middle of it, he stands up and starts doing the Irish song with the old people.
Speaker 1: Oh will Ferrell at the bar. Yeah, that's a great bit.
Speaker 4: Hair's that we may always have a clean shirt, a clean conscious, and a punt in your pocket.
Speaker 2: And a what what the hell's a punt? I mean, well, they don't have one, as it is the basic unit of currency in the Republic of Ireland, Ireland also known as the Irish pound.
Speaker 4: M M, I wonder how you can creatively ask your your wife, so you don't like very much for somebody, write me a poem. If you do not sow in the spring, you will not reap in the autumn. May your thoughts be as glad as the shamrocks. May your heart be as light as a song.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good. I'm not done. I got to read the room, buddy.
Speaker 4: May your thoughts be as glad as the shamrocks. May your heart be as light as a song. May it's day bring your bright happy hours that stay with you all year long. Now show me them bobbies.
Speaker 2: Right, happy elves like Christmas elves, living trees.
Speaker 1: What do they make?
Speaker 2: No, none of these lines are as good as Barry Kyogan and banshees.
Speaker 1: Of an is sharing where he just says, well, there goes that dream. That dream.
Speaker 2: That's man. That sounds like a tough line. It's essentially the end of his life. He just is like, what's the point?
Speaker 1: I guess?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 9: Yeah, oh man, go pull a hockey. Yeah, part two. That dude can act. Man, Yeah, he's great. Thank you?
Speaker 1: No, I guess you wouldn't then, would you? No? I guess not.
Speaker 4: An Irish method for tackling problems. There comes a time when you must take the bull by the tail and face the situation squarely.
Speaker 5: That's not even a poem.
Speaker 4: Health and long life to you Land without rent, to you a child every year, to you Jesus every year.
Speaker 1: What a waste of money.
Speaker 4: If you can't go to heaven, measure die in Ireland?
Speaker 1: All right? Mmmm, that's not bad. You guys are very judging. That's not bad. Though.
Speaker 4: Always remembered to forget the troubles that passed away, but never forget to remember the blessings that coming to day.
Speaker 1: That's the best one.
Speaker 5: I feel like we should be drinking after every one of these.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, bonus will be here soon.
Speaker 2: Where do you guys, Where do you guys rank Ireland out of all the foreign countries you've been to?
Speaker 1: I would say the people are top five.
Speaker 2: People are very nice, people are excellent, incredibly kind.
Speaker 9: They just want to have a drink and party with everybody. Yeah right, they're very welcoming. They don't really care, just drink beer and shut up.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: I didn't get a chance to see the Greater Ireland area those I only saw Dublin, so it's still high, but not like right, it's in the top one hundred.
Speaker 1: Same, Yeah, it's in my top one hundred.
Speaker 4: My piece and plenty be the first to lift the lots to your door, and happiness be our gust today and evermore.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good too. Yeah.
Speaker 4: He who loses money loses much. He who loses a friend loses more. He who loses faith loses all. No, spread them cheek.
Speaker 2: You go back to the first two lines of that one. It kind of sums up Chris and a casino, right, yeah, because he doesn't like to gamble near anybody, so if he can ditch you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he tries to loses more.
Speaker 4: He who Yeah, let me change it to fit me a little better for your mine. He who loses money loses much. He who loses a friend loses more. Hey who loses both opens the window. He'll see you no more on the very top floor.
Speaker 2: Spread them no, spreadspread them checks for me one last time.
Speaker 1: I can't believe he didn't rhyme anything with horror.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I don't want to offend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's his last thing.
Speaker 2: He's going to get all the way to the top floor, and he didn't see one horn. He just looks out and he just goes, well, there goes that dream.
Speaker 1: Then spread them cheeks.
Speaker 5: I guess I guess you wouldn't want to be a horror would you make one?
Speaker 4: Yeah? May God always nope? Excuse me, big God, grunt. You always us in sunbeam to warn you, a moon beam to charm you, a sheltering angel so nothing could harm you, and a beach wow to snap your cheeks. Have been edited before live studio audience. God, how good would Custard from Culver's be?
Speaker 1: Right now? You're gonna sound good?
Speaker 2: Saying that was the official transition out of the Irish.
Speaker 1: Now he just wants to talk about it. He wants custard.
Speaker 4: There's an add for culvers to the writing me palm. That'd be great, God, that'd be great.
Speaker 1: Why aren't they openly?
Speaker 4: Why isn't Bonus here with some custard at a bitch slap?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Why doesn't he slapping your slabs? All right?
Speaker 9: Culvers? Culvers versus dairy queen? Who has better food? Who has better ice cream?
Speaker 1: Culvers better food? For sure?
Speaker 4: But I could if you ask me or mom, I said, Derek queen. But this morning, I'm going Culver's custard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think food. It's very easy. Culver's has a better food. But when it comes to there's just something about like a Mentorio Blizzard. And I don't know, maybe it's just a name too.
Speaker 5: But Mentorio was a kid I went to high school with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a mint oriole Blizzard is outstanding.
Speaker 4: I wish you were outstanding on a freeway, Jesus. Why to get some exercise?
Speaker 2: Yeah, people saying hi, that's viral marketing.
Speaker 1: Nothing problem.
Speaker 5: Might be an anti social.
Speaker 1: You don't want to wave to people.
Speaker 4: I mean I would, but I Ran Marshaled, May your head be as big as a beach ball fiel to slug.
Speaker 1: Wait, that's a really irish ball.
Speaker 5: I'm just reading here, brother.
Speaker 2: It's extremely irish. They say slut horror.
Speaker 4: What are they not allowed to curse?
Speaker 1: I mean they are builders and remodelers.
Speaker 9: Brings you the first segment of the power to your morning show every day.
Speaker 1: Thanks builders and remodelers.
Speaker 4: Everybody got a ride.
Speaker 1: No one is kind of sauce.
Speaker 2: I really thought today was going to be like your you know, masterpiece of his show.
Speaker 1: I thought today was your day.
Speaker 7: Why.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I just had a feeling. But mother goes that dream.
Speaker 2: Wow, brought to you by builders or fodelers of buildings. I gotta come very embarrassing story.
Speaker 1: I can tell you that. You guys will laugh. What are radio teas?
Speaker 4: Did you have to manipulate your wayner today?
Speaker 1: Oh? It's one of the dumbest things I've ever done. That's what I just said. Every story you've ever told us starts with that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well okay, I'm sorry, which is great. It just means your list of dumb things is endless.
Speaker 4: I like how you keep helping yourself, don't you.
Speaker 9: If you're listening on the radio, you're listening on a broadcast.
Speaker 2: When we come back, I was going to tell you an embarrassing story. If you're listening on the podcast, you just got to hit that button like four times and Sasso talk in like three seconds.
Speaker 1: Well Howder wanted to.
Speaker 4: And we were just listening to it ain't about the money, money, money, What a great tune.
Speaker 1: What happened to her?
Speaker 2: And Bob and Bob Bob you know Bob was oh man, that was he had his time. Dude, Oh started with I mean he introduced the world to Bruno Mars he did.
Speaker 1: Really did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Nothing on You was kind of Bruno's first big song.
Speaker 1: And who introduced Brunoo black.
Speaker 4: Jacket just call him Jack Please don't be hyah ah right.
Speaker 9: That was last month, ladies and gentlemen, Can I please have your attention.
Speaker 4: I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story.
Speaker 1: Floora's yours.
Speaker 2: So yesterday I said to myself, I was like, you know what, I got to take the trash out, so just pick yourself up.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: So I stood up by the yard until I got picked up this morning to be driven here and because uh, this week isn't recycling week. My trash can, my yard waist can is all on the side of my house, and I moved the recycling min and then I took the trash put it out at the side of the street, nestled it in really nicely because there's a big mound of snow.
Speaker 4: Can I just stop you for a second. Yeah, I can't take the drama and this building is building.
Speaker 1: Zack, sit down. I know you're pacing. I know you're nervous. Would you please? I think the steaks are low.
Speaker 2: I know it feels high because it's multiple cans, but just calmed down.
Speaker 4: Can we give him a minute because he's still reeling from where your bins are.
Speaker 2: Uh, I'm gonna I'm gonna try to use the rest of my seat, but right now I really've only needed the edge, so he said, before he finishes, he said, this is one of the dumbest things he's ever done so far.
Speaker 1: He's just brought cans to the curb. How can this get worse? Proceed?
Speaker 2: So I put the garbage one out at the end of the thing. I uh carefully walk back, so I don't think I believe it's the driveway but had I don't.
Speaker 5: Know if you had it at the tip of his way.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, all right, cool, it's time to go back inside. So I go back inside and I go and hit the garage doors like the you know, play like a champion button.
Speaker 1: I just walked by and hit it. Move in, you know, like I'm that bit And.
Speaker 2: It goes down a quarter of mine inch and then pops back up and I'm like, god, damn it. It broke like a month ago. I had it fixed, new springs, whole bit. I'm like, it broke again. It's doing the exact same thing. It won't go down, and I start start holding it. Yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 1: I start cussing, did you make sure it was nothing was blocking the sensor?
Speaker 2: And uh, I've start cussing a mad And of course I'm a great example to my son and how you react when something doesn't work right away.
Speaker 1: So you know, and uh, what am I fling?
Speaker 2: My wife goes, I'm sure it's blocked by the snow, and I go it probably is, but I'm not fixing. I was so mad because I'm like, I don't I'm not fixing it again. If it's I just assume it's broken everything that doesn't work right away. But when she said it might be blocked by the snow, you didn't go out and to see if there was any thing blocked backing the sensor. Well, then I did, and it was the recycling bin that I forgot into the garage.
Speaker 1: How do you miss that?
Speaker 2: I don't know, Corey, but I was so mad and pissed that it was broken again, and then I was like, oh, it's just the recycling bin. Then I left in the middle of the garage. Not bright, man, I'm not staring. I am stupid.
Speaker 5: I couldn't be more confused.
Speaker 2: Well, what I don't get is so I mean, can I can I recap it for Chris quickly, Zach before you ask a question.
Speaker 1: So here's what happened, Chris. He took the garbage out, he tried to close the garage door didn't close, and he didn't check to see if anything was blocking the censor, and it was it was a recycling bin.
Speaker 2: But the recycling bin was behind my car so I couldn't see it. But I mean, that's the whole story. Is We've all done that. Like when you're walking in maybe you knock like a a rake or.
Speaker 9: Something over and then the rakes in the way of the sensor, so then the garage door doesn't shut.
Speaker 2: It requires you to leave the door to your house and walk through your garage and to check to see if anything's blocking the sensor. It's about a three second walk.
Speaker 1: He didn't want to do that, and that's what it was. It was the recycling.
Speaker 4: Well, for one, I'm gonna just say what we're all thinking. Thanks for still coming in today. It's unbelievable how you were able to go through that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you, sau. There is absolutely no nice way to say this, So I'm just gonna say it.
Speaker 5: Please don't use that word.
Speaker 1: One of your worst stories of all time. Yeah, it's not my thing happened. Yeah, but nothing happened, but.
Speaker 2: I thought it. I thought it was I thought it was broken again.
Speaker 1: At least at least.
Speaker 2: There's times where you've walked and you're like, wait, did you hear what happened to me?
Speaker 1: And then you're like, all right, what happened?
Speaker 2: I saw spaceship on three ninety four and you're like, well, I thought I did.
Speaker 1: At least you thought you saw a spaceship vis. You thought your garage door was.
Speaker 2: Busted, but you had the recycling been in the way of the censor.
Speaker 1: That's not a story. That's just part of everyone's day, right.
Speaker 4: Didn't you once have bubba gum on your nutsack and thought you had chlamydia or something?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know that's a story story. Yeah, it was gone. That's something. Yeah, don't even don't worry about it. I don't want to know you to know. It's a long story. It started on a day that he woke up. It's like twenty years ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, we're poculated with the story, so I just want to ask about.
Speaker 1: It real quick.
Speaker 2: So you got very angry immediately, immediately, immediately.
Speaker 1: My immediate reaction is always to get mad.
Speaker 2: And here's the thing, which is something I've taken classes to a voids might want to look at it that this is a lesson that I've I've learned over the years where I've done enough stupid things that I know immediately not to get mad, because I always assume right away that it's something that I'm missing, something obvious that I can just go waight through the order of operations.
Speaker 1: What did I screw up? Et cetera.
Speaker 2: You didn't even just know I just you didn't wait until even.
Speaker 1: When your wife said it might just be the snow or something. Yeah. Well that's when I then walked out there to look. So you walked in. Yeah that he didn't even just know.
Speaker 4: He just assumed it was broken. Yeah, I guess we need a new house now. Hey, at any place? Sorry, hold on, I'm trying to ask a real question. At any time during this while you're talking to Kel, did you play an extra large bass guitar? Because I know she loves that.
Speaker 2: Were you playing air base while you were complaining about the garage door? Yes?
Speaker 1: Or no? No? No, my god?
Speaker 2: What did she have to say when you went back in and we're like, oh, it was just the uh, it's just the recycling bed.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think she looked out the window and and well there goes that dream.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah yeah, And the words of Corey, Kel is the same she is, and she's a future murderer, the absolute best. I don't know what I'd do without her. And you go, your groage wouldn't close.
Speaker 1: If she wasn't home, would you have? The garage would still be open? Yeah? Oh yeah, I just go downstairs and fire up m L. The showge door coming to come fix it. Yeah, that guy would have shown up and.
Speaker 2: They would have moved the recycling been three inches and said, you're all set.
Speaker 4: Here's the bill, brother, you need a new garage door.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sorry, quietly moved the recycling.
Speaker 1: Bin and not even changed anything. No, Yeah, I had that happened once to me in a car. I don't even know what was wrong with the car.
Speaker 2: It had a made her deal and a guy told me he fixed it, and he didn't and patched it up.
Speaker 4: And then did it? Was it out of gas?
Speaker 1: No? It was.
Speaker 2: I forgot exactly what it was, but it was out of a windshield washer fluid.
Speaker 1: You know what, Corey.
Speaker 5: I checked, but I said, go ahead and call him that name.
Speaker 9: My favorite part of Beetsa Stories is like the beginning of this one where he goes.
Speaker 1: You know, I was thinking to myself, it's trash day.
Speaker 2: I should probably bring out the trash to day because it is trash day and I don't want trash in my house.
Speaker 1: So I brought the trash out because it was trash day. Yes, yes, it is. What are we doing?
Speaker 9: What is the goal here? That's the rule? Now that sums it up. Johnny Bones overslept. He's on his way in though, yeah he's hustling in No, yeah, overslept. Well, look he probably didn't have his alarm set for the first time in a month.
Speaker 1: On Tuesdays, everybody hustling, He's on his way.
Speaker 2: Front Page Sports in a second is the power Chap wanting to show on the fan your shot at the KFA n Bracket Challenge is back. Go to our contest page and send in your bracket first place. We'll win two thousand dollars and a sixty five inch TV. Get every pick right and you can win one million dollars. Don't stall. Enter now at KFE dot com. Keyword contest, Why are you stalling?
Speaker 5: Don't stall?
Speaker 2: Driven by Dave Smith Motors, America's only national car dealer.
Speaker 5: All right, guys, can I do the top news story for a sports story?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 1: Okay? With you?
Speaker 2: Go?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Time now for Front Page Sports presented by Holiday Station Store.
Speaker 1: Thank you Holiday Station Stores.
Speaker 9: For a limited time, you can get a bunch of Red Bull Mix and match any flavors you want two for six or three for eight fifty, including that spring edition of Red Bull with our friends at Holiday So wake up, get some energy, holiday, Thanks Holiday. What I would definitely do. I would do that before you go to holiday. But you know, look presentable. They got mers there, Flora is yours.
Speaker 4: The Gophers men's basketball squad led by our friend Nicod.
Speaker 1: That's right, I was pausing for for dramatic.
Speaker 4: Fact, have officially accepted an invitation to the College Basketball Crown. The tournament will take place in Las Vegas. Yeh, from April first through April sixth. Yeah, Minnesota is slated to play Baylor in the first round Baylor on Wednesday, April first, at nine to thirty Central time.
Speaker 1: We have to be there for that, ohor the home of the Gopher basketball team.
Speaker 4: And we have covered them like a blanket from the beginning of the year.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 4: There's nobody in Twin Cities radio who covers men's basketball from the Golden Gophers more than we do.
Speaker 2: No, and nobody at the station reports wants to go to Vegas to cover them except for us.
Speaker 4: And they play at nine thirty that night, So we have to be there because we you know, we'll have to just stay up all night and broadcast the next morning.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, nobody reports.
Speaker 2: I say we do this. Yeah, two weeks from tomorrow. Where do they play UNLV Stadium?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: They play at MGM Grand Garden Arena for the quarterfinals and then after that these semi finals and finals we had Timo Will Arena.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know why we wouldn't go.
Speaker 5: I don't know why we wouldn't go.
Speaker 1: I'm sure it's in the works.
Speaker 9: Everybody here at the station loves when the Power Trip gets to go to Las Vegas. Yeah, they're all supportive, and it's the crowd before us, and they know we love sports more than any other show on this station.
Speaker 1: Yes, well said.
Speaker 4: And again when they're hanging banners down at the place that they play in, go for to Barn, you know, yeah, I don't want to have to say it, right, Yeah, when they're hanging out a banner in there, we want to have tears in our field eyes.
Speaker 1: As we watch it on TV. What are are phil eyes filled with water?
Speaker 5: Don't ask the salty tears were throwing salt?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, I mean and I hate Baylor.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah. And for those of those of them out there Hawk that are doubting our allegiance to the Gopher basketball team, who's your favorite player? Who's my favorite player. Yeah who met Yeah you beat of all time or yeah, of all time, all time Gopher.
Speaker 1: All time Gopher. Yeah.
Speaker 4: For basketball squad yeah men's yes, sir, that played it to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah of Minnesota, Yeah, Minnesota.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sorry, it wasn't more specific. Fred Schneebley, Yeah, wow, you know your squad. I say we go substitute teacher from schools school from.
Speaker 1: It's not I say we go two weeks from today. Let's giant playing.
Speaker 2: They only really need five players at least this team, right, that's right, so we can just take the game, right.
Speaker 1: No, gream Graham.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm surprised Graham hasn't kicked down the door yet and said let's go boys and Sparklers and here anymore.
Speaker 5: Before Graham, his name is Jason.
Speaker 1: So sauce, you'd like to uh sit front row media section? Correct? You do want the best seats in the house? Probably? Yeah, all right.
Speaker 9: So, and you have a phone or a laptop you can bring to cover it. Yeah, I have a phone, all right, cool, So you cover the game. I'm gonna take in the vibe of the city. So I'm gonna just kind of work in the shadows. I don't want you guys to even know where I am. I'm just gonna do like on the ground, slice of lifejournalism. Pull your hands up, what's talking to do? Don't worry about it. He's a sign.
Speaker 1: The other team.
Speaker 4: I gotta scout the other team, and the other team is at circus circus slots.
Speaker 1: All the fun.
Speaker 9: Well, we know everybody around the MGM is going to be there for the game. He wants to go down to the other end of the strip and see if college basketball fever hits Circus circus lots of fun.
Speaker 1: Stratusphere, pepper Mill. What are we doing? What are we doing it? Man?
Speaker 4: So can you imagine a week from to because we'd have to fly out Tuesday because we got to be there for the game.
Speaker 2: Wins, win's the game two weeks from tomorrow. It's lots of fun. It's a dump. Come on, man, why.
Speaker 1: Do you gotta do?
Speaker 4: You gotta be I had a deal in place for us to broadcast more and you just ruined it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you ruined it.
Speaker 5: I mean we have to go out tomorrow probably.
Speaker 1: What about the Excalibur. We can stay there.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you right now, you sweet sweet little man, thank you. I could get us because I am a high roller. Essentially every casino in America, walk.
Speaker 2: In and everywhere you go, Chris, I can get us rooms there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, done it before, I'll do it again.
Speaker 1: Let's do it. I don't see any reason why we And it.
Speaker 4: Says here the arena holds seven thousand people and there's six nine and ninety four tickets available.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I just got a text from the Gophers.
Speaker 9: They're pr staff, and they said the media passes for the game are all locked up, so they don't have any available.
Speaker 1: So we either have to go as fans or not go at all. Well, they tell you, and.
Speaker 2: I already texted back and said, well, I'm willing to cover the game, just not as a fan.
Speaker 4: Fmstaked just kind of text from Abbitt and said, we carry the Gophers.
Speaker 1: Oh albeit different abbit. Yeah, Jim Abbott.
Speaker 4: Former picture YEP for the Cleveland piel.
Speaker 1: Guy had one arm. He's a professional athlete.
Speaker 5: It's still not the Cleveland Pioneers.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's still one of the craziest things of all time. Guy was a one armed pitcher.
Speaker 1: He threw a no hitter. I mean out, We don't talk about that, dude enough. That's insane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Can you imagine if there was a guy right now in twenty twenty six, in the world of Twitter and social media, one arm just slaying everybody.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's a pretty good picture. I'd be like, sir, put the arm down.
Speaker 2: Yep, he would immediately transition his glove whoa to his pitching hand.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Man, Sham's just stuped into their rooms.
Speaker 3: They did.
Speaker 1: Well, let's hope Jim Abbot can stay there.
Speaker 5: Good old Jimmy, she's.
Speaker 1: Still with us. Yeah, we want to do it too. Quinn, God, dang, I'm sure what kind of beds are they hot?
Speaker 2: I'm just hoping for Jim's sakes the rooms don't cost an arm and a lick.
Speaker 5: Oh you can't get none despair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it doesn't because Criso goes there too.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He pitched for the California Angels. That's when they were the California Fornians.
Speaker 2: Calumnia Angels pitched a no hitter September fourth, nineteen ninety three with one arm.
Speaker 1: Unbelievable. Yeah story, Yeah, great story.
Speaker 4: Sorry, that's your top story. We're going to Vegas a week from today.
Speaker 1: All right, where are we staying? I don't care? Where are you staying in the shadows. I hope you stay here. Why I thought we were buddy. No, you go to the game, you cover the game, you hang out with grim.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know if the Gophers want me around football team doesn't ed my machine needs be We'll all be at the game. We will all be at the game.
Speaker 5: We'll go to the game.
Speaker 1: Everyone. I have tears in my filled eyes.
Speaker 9: Look Jack, at this point in my life, it's better just be honest and say yes. They're saying I'm not going to the game. I would love to go covering it for Cory.
Speaker 2: Matters is after this scores and stats around the world is sports and Crystal change your life with something else.
Speaker 1: Bonu should be here in a second or two. This is the power to show on the fan.
Speaker 2: Catch every tournament upset and every highlight with kf Ann at Hophouse, Jod, Max Fuller and Zach Halverson for bracket bash, wash watch parties.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: This Friday tipping usher, that would be a fun time. Who's washing? Who find out if it's sponsored? I guess really he'll do it?
Speaker 1: How much typical to discuss.
Speaker 2: Uh tipping off at eleven am and three pm? You can catch college hoops on the big screens. Prizes flowing all day. Yeah, including sixty five inch televisions.
Speaker 4: So they're going to give you sixty TVs about this big.
Speaker 2: Yep, sixty five Wow, you can put them together.
Speaker 9: Yeah, form a super TV. Oh, let's do what that matters calendar, by the way, let's.
Speaker 1: Do what really matters.
Speaker 2: And we have a special guest to be a part of it for.
Speaker 1: The first time into like a month and change.
Speaker 9: What really matters is brought to you by Ovo Lasik and Lens. Go get Lasik from doctor Mark levan Off and doctor David White and the legends of Lasik at Ovo, Lasick and Lens.
Speaker 1: Thanks Ovo, Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 4: Hey, Johnny Bones, Hi kids, welcome back to Beard works for you, man, Let that some bitch grow. Yeah, you need to go Daniel Boone on this time.
Speaker 1: We're cansome. You assume I have shaved it at all? Oh? Was that right?
Speaker 11: Is almost not at all? This is about three months worth of growth right here. This is a baby face bonus. Beard doesn't beer. Don't come easy, Joe. I'm gonna stick with it for a while. We'll see if we could grow it out even.
Speaker 9: A little further, how was the reverse kunan and trail? Did you have any adventures on the way back?
Speaker 1: We had a great time on the way back.
Speaker 11: The car does not I got on the car today for the first time in a few days.
Speaker 1: It does not smell good. It is.
Speaker 11: It is an unpleasant smell right now in the rage.
Speaker 1: Of smells that's on the it's below average. We'll go with we'll go I mean, like, what are we mixing? Are we mixing?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I'm gonna say Bucky's beaver nuggets, uh with along with potential rotting hamburgers some place I don't know, God, gross?
Speaker 1: What do you guys not know what BUCkies is? Yeah? Gas station?
Speaker 11: You said beaver nuggets? Yeah, BUCkies beer nugg is that? That's that's their primary snack. They're They're the snack they are most known for. It is caramel covered corn pops, essentially, And that sounds so nice. It turns out those are real good. You can just motorvate through a bag. And Rosie loves the beaver nuggets, sure he does. Interesting some combination of that and maybe some maybe some bohemian garlic beef jerky.
Speaker 1: Had Where was the BUCkies you went?
Speaker 11: To let's see, we went to one in Florida and one in I want to say Georgia might have been ten. No, no, no, they don't make him that far north yet. But yeah, they only have them about every I don't know, three hundred miles I think in the South, because they're just so enormous you.
Speaker 1: Couldn't have put two anywhere near each other.
Speaker 11: And they start advertising about one hundred and fifty miles away, there's a billboards.
Speaker 2: It's a little bit like that I drove by in Pennsylvania that had I was like seventeen hundred miles. Yeah, BUCkies billboards.
Speaker 11: They also have like four or five billboards they'll have right in front of like any other. Like if they come to someplace in Wisconsin, in or Minnesota, you will find five billboards for them just outside Toma, Wisconsin telling you don't stop at Toma. There's a Bucky is just one hundred and fifty miles away. Old Creek, Wisconsin, twenty twenty seven. Boys and Girls. Any places where people would normally stop, they've got billboards saying hang in there, you've got a Bucky's coming.
Speaker 9: Oh sweet, interesting strategy. I'll do scores and stats around the world as boards crursal change your life for something else. The Suns are at the Wolves tonight at seven o'clock. The Wolves have lost four of their last five. They have a three game homestand Phoenix, Utah, and Portland. Five of the next six are at home, then six of the final later on the road. So fourteen games left for the Minnesota Timberwolves, two of them against Detroit. Yeah, he's two against Houston, one at Boston. So we had a rough schedule the rest of the way and not playing tonight because of knee soreness. The Wolves are in sixth in the West. They're tied with Denver, but with the tiebreaker or whatever, we are in sixth. Wolves are two games behind the Lakers for third, nor only two games ahead of Phoenix for seventh for the play in right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so this is a decently big big game here tonight, especially when Corey just said that that schedule is pretty arduous.
Speaker 1: So you got to get the wins where they.
Speaker 2: Come, and Phoenix is okay, Utah not so much. So you got to get to rattle off a couple wins here even without Ant, and they're still favored without Ant. But what really matters is this?
Speaker 4: Until nineteen seventy, Saint Patrick's Day was a religious alcohol free holiday in Ireland, with pubs forced.
Speaker 5: To close for the day.
Speaker 1: What changed that the US love of dragon.
Speaker 2: I wonder if our celebration had an impact on their celebration and somebody over there said, how can we let the Americans do it right?
Speaker 1: We're doing it wrong, or.
Speaker 2: Maybe everybody was like, this guy sucks pubs clothes on his day. I'm not trying to celebrate this guy.
Speaker 11: When the Power Trip was in Dublin, Chrissy ran into when we were traveling through Scotland on our way there, we were explaining to some people, to people in Scotland what we were doing, and they were like. The woman there was like, oh, I've never really liked Saint Patty's Day since it turned into a heathen holiday.
Speaker 1: And we were like, what she was talking about? And apparently that's must be what she talking about, so.
Speaker 2: She sounds fun. She was she was at a bar. I mean, obviously we're talking to her. Sauce your hand was on that lady would hawk.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have to show whose boss by that? I mean she'd be the boss.
Speaker 9: The New York Jets traded Justin Fields to Kansas City for a twenty twenty seven to sixth rounder.
Speaker 1: He is twenty seven years old.
Speaker 9: The Jets are paying seven million of Justin Fields ten million dollars in twenty twenty six, so it only costs the Chiefs three million dollars to have a backup for Patrick.
Speaker 1: Mahomes miss Justin Fields.
Speaker 9: Mahomes is still rehabbing from a torn ACL and MCL and his left knee.
Speaker 2: He thinks he's gonna be ready by week one. But if not, Justin Fields, I mean, how was he last year?
Speaker 1: Not good?
Speaker 9: I remember the Jets owner threw him under the bus and basically said, the reason why this season has gone south is because our quarterback sucks. I'm paraphrasing, but it's very rare when an owner just rips one player specifically.
Speaker 2: And there was that. I think they were playing in Europe and they had one of the worst endings to a half football you'd ever seen. They were super disorganized.
Speaker 9: I think Justin Fields is a solid backup NFL quarterback Like.
Speaker 1: That's that is. I think that's his ceiling.
Speaker 9: I think we've seen enough where I don't think he's ever going to be a full time starter.
Speaker 1: No, but if if you.
Speaker 2: Had a decent team and that's your backup, that's a pretty good backup. At least he's dynamic and he's athletic. I don't think he's accurate enough, but he's Yeah. For three million dollars, that's a solid backup from a home. The Chiefs are going to pay him more than we're going to pay Kyler Murtle. Yep, almost three times as much. But what really matters is this.
Speaker 4: It was four years ago today that we were broadcasting live on Saint Patrick's Day.
Speaker 1: How about that? That was fun?
Speaker 2: Feels like more than that. Yeah, Cod times a bit cod and got into a car accident. Max almost died from drankson.
Speaker 1: Yeah, couldn't sign Carlos Carea.
Speaker 4: We were broadcasting Life from the breakfast area.
Speaker 1: Yep. Bonnus is doing his podcast there. Yeah, I did not know, but I probably had COVID and I think I hugged you a lot. It happens.
Speaker 4: You guys went to the Saint Paul I should say, Saint Patrick's Day Parade.
Speaker 1: Yeah you went, Antique I went, yeah, right, he did.
Speaker 2: So of our listeners literally saw Connor McGregor there.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 9: Yeah, was he in the parader just walking around?
Speaker 1: He was at the parade? Did you see him, Bony? I did not see him, I thought, because I don't think so.
Speaker 2: It was one of those things that feels made up because of course I'm hung over all day. I missed the entire day, the entire point of the whole trip. And then it's like, oh, I probably didn't miss much. We literally saw Connor McGregor. Oh sweet cool. Yeah that's awesome. The most famous Irish person you could run into in Ireland.
Speaker 4: What a perfect hotel that was too. Yeah, it was located and everything like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, before I can do it again, Well, why don't we, we.
Speaker 1: Gotta go to fake A first.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we got we got more fall on the Gophers. Man, this is ride me last forever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a good point. I think it's two games.
Speaker 9: Sau all expense paid trip to Dublin or all expense paid trip to Las Vegas.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, I don't what if all expense met What a dealer's choice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, I'd go Dublin every time.
Speaker 1: Core Well, Vegas my favorite city on Earth. I love Dublin, but Vegas is second and none Yeah.
Speaker 9: If I hadn't been to either, I still say Vegas because the first thing you go to Vegas, it's like this is this is heaven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Vegas. The Dublin's pretty awesome. Yeah, Dublin super nice town. Yeah, river right down the middle. That's super cool.
Speaker 2: Just walking the river, slapping backs, kissing babies, getting restraining orders.
Speaker 1: Just me, sounds like just at Chicago tonight. We had a home and home.
Speaker 9: We are at Saint Paul Thursday against the Blackhawks, but a home and home against Chicago and then the Wild host Dallas Saturday.
Speaker 1: Yikes. The Wild have lost four of their last five. They're won two and two.
Speaker 9: In those five games, so a couple of points with some shootout losses. Fourteen games left for them as well in the regular season. Two of the final fourteen are against Dallas. We have no games left against Colorado.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 2: What a night to be in Chicago for all the Wild folks out there, A lot of the fans. I think there was a group of seventy that were going so shout out Kelly from the elevator. She was very excited and We're going to see the Green River and all that fun stuff. Yeahcago is a great place to celebrate Saint Patrick's Day, so and then a great place to watch some hockey tonight at United Center.
Speaker 1: God, do you work for the Blackhawks pr to Chicago tourism?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I did for a couple of years. Did you really I think he'd be good at that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Not the hockey team.
Speaker 10: But what he is, joke, what matters is this Hawks.
Speaker 1: I know, I know what he's about. By the ways, had a verysome stories, brilliant.
Speaker 4: Jeez my god, Saint Patrick's Day and Saint Patrick himself was originally associated with the color blue, with the early eighteenth century arts showing him in blue robes. His real name was Maywin suit Cat suit cat, and he changed it to Patricius because he thought his other name was dumb.
Speaker 1: I think that was a good instinct.
Speaker 4: I don't know, but the dumb part, but I don't know that. But he did change it may Win suitcat.
Speaker 2: May win suecat is how Sauce would try to pronounce Sha for Roden's name.
Speaker 1: Who sounds about who's that actress? Uh may wins sucat or whatever that sounds about, right?
Speaker 2: Or may one remember she was on SNL and it's Sirsha like inertia.
Speaker 1: It's like the weirdest way. I would never know how to pronounce it unless she explained it on SNL. What happened to her? By the way, she's gone quiet the last handful of years where she.
Speaker 9: May win Sucat, who means.
Speaker 1: Sirsha?
Speaker 2: What a cool name? That is kind of a cool name. If you could rename yourself, what would you call yourself? May win Suecat. If you could give yourself your own name, what would it be? Probably Dale? Dale's not bad?
Speaker 1: Why Dale? Why? Dale? Raise? Hell? Praisdale? You ask because you have a name you would like to change to or not? Yeah, I haven't really liked put a ton of thought into it.
Speaker 5: Shocking, you know, it's weird because I have.
Speaker 2: For yourself or for Sauce for maybe say what your yours is and Hawks can say what he thinks it would be a good name for you. At the same time, I haven't really thought about it. I just wanted to ask the question and maybe think one of you would say something like Blaze or.
Speaker 1: Dante.
Speaker 5: I thought we were taking a serious name. Sorry, we are.
Speaker 1: Easy, so you're not taking it seriously. No, Lambert, the.
Speaker 2: Name Paul is a good name. That's a good, solid name. Easy Lambert would be I don't know, be kind of hard hawk, eat off brock a bit you.
Speaker 1: That's I thought that's what sas name was going to.
Speaker 2: I mean, I stick with Paul's just fine.
Speaker 1: It is Adolf, gonna have to Brockovich.
Speaker 2: Would you go by Adolf or would you go by like a B Hockey because that's not that sounds like a master distiller or something. You know what I'm saying, True, I just go with brock Yeah, master or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I got to decide if today is Adolf Hitler's birthday or if it's a year or the day that Aaron Brockovich came outcause play well play birthday twenty So it can't be that. So maybe Aaron Brockovich came out today and it's why you accidentally read it in the prep.
Speaker 1: Don't know where from him. It's got to be one of the two. Something more of what really matters.
Speaker 9: After this featuring Yeezy Lambert in the Power Grim Morning Show, k Fan, welcome some great shows to Grand Christine Arena in the next year, Playing Lionel Richie or Winning Fire.
Speaker 2: On June twenty Fourth, take it to our n ceale. Now get the complete details on our upcoming shows on the concert page Katy dot com.
Speaker 3: Three counter Yeah, Hi, welcome back back to morning show. What are you two doing over there?
Speaker 1: Nice NBA hat? Thanks? Yeah, he just bought it, he told me. I thought it looked good on me. It signed? Is there something that's It's signed by who? Radco?
Speaker 2: John Radco? He used to play for the Timberwls. He signs his name with an exclamation points.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was illiterate. His name was a ratio. His name was John. He just not great at spelling.
Speaker 1: That's okay. This is a good look for me, though.
Speaker 2: If Chris would know more about basketball, he could have claimed that was the nickname of rash Stereovitch.
Speaker 1: But he forgot that.
Speaker 2: That guy even existed. Know what you just said exactly? That guy forgot he existed.
Speaker 9: He mostly did I look like Uncle Charlie, Uncle Charlie hell Is Uncle Charlie, Papa Papa Papa Chunk?
Speaker 4: No, uncle no, Papa ROAs No.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: Who's the guy who's friends with Kid Rock?
Speaker 1: Uncle Cracker? Cracker? What Papa Chunk Papa.
Speaker 12: Un What's wrong with me? Have you seen my cousin beaver nuggets. Cousin Beavers, you are an uncle, that's uh you are.
Speaker 4: I got the three things I need cousin beaver nuggets.
Speaker 2: Let's roll more of what really matter scores and stats around the world of sports.
Speaker 1: Crystal change your life with something Else peewee theme.
Speaker 2: The Twins season opener, John Bonus is a week from Thursdays or we're nine days away. They open up at Baltimore for three and then they are at Kansas City for three. The home opener for the Twins is Friday, April third against Tampa Bay.
Speaker 11: I will be racing home from Vegas with you guys to make sure that I catch getting time home for that home opener. Twins Daily is having an opening day watch party at Blackstag Brewing for the home opener or the season opener, and yeah, they'll Baltimore is gonna be a trick because Baltimore's is kind of in the same situation as with the Twins. They had a real disappointing year last year. They have a young, talented squad and they are trying to prove themselves on the differences. They're in a much tougher division.
Speaker 5: Twins well the.
Speaker 11: Twins also had a disappointing year last year. They have a fair number of young talented folks that they're hoping can rebound from what was down here last year.
Speaker 1: Uh No.
Speaker 11: And the differences is they're in much easier division than the than the Oortles. So that was the thought process, that statement, for the preposterous statement, judges.
Speaker 1: But what really matters is this.
Speaker 2: You got it mine, m I see, not the one from Scooby, don't they?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Chuggy that one, Chuggy bombastic.
Speaker 4: The very first Saint Patrick's Date Parade was held in sixteen oh one in Saint Augustine, Florida.
Speaker 1: Huh yeah, I have a lot of questions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which year was it first held in Saint Paul, Minnesota?
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, Yeah, I don't know, man.
Speaker 2: I guess it has to be an eighteen hundreds thing, eighteen eighty eight, eighteen eighty eighteen ten, Corey take a shot.
Speaker 1: Why are you asking?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 9: Because it's way before Dan Minnesota tweeted, I thought maybe it was one of those bits where like we didn't start doing it till like the seven.
Speaker 1: Saint Patrick's Day parayed in Saint Paul. What year, eighteen seventy two.
Speaker 2: Eighteen sixty nine, nice, nineteen hundred, eighteen fifty one.
Speaker 1: We were even as we were not even in the state. Yeah, wow, that's greasy. I don't think I was in bud. Yeah, you're not Irish? Is it my turn of years?
Speaker 6: Sir?
Speaker 9: The Niners just keep adding players. They agree to a one year deal with Christian Kirk. They just added Mike Evans a week ago, three years, forty two and a half million. Now Kirk on a one year deal worth up to six million. He's twenty nine years old. His best season was like four years ago. But still, I don't know, man, they're loaded. They's got to stay healthy. They are absolutely loaded. What really matters, though, is this.
Speaker 4: The shamrock, a three leaf clover, has been associated with Ireland for centuries. It was called the Seamroi by the Celts or the Celts. It was considered a sacred plant that symbolized the arrival of spring. According to legend Saint Patrick Us the plant as a visual guide when explaining the Holy Trinity. By the seventeenth century, of the shamrock have become a symbol of emerging Irish nationalism and today it's known very well for a delicious variety.
Speaker 5: Of ice cream shake. Well said, I do like the shamrock shake. I should have one or two or three today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you should buy something.
Speaker 5: You should shut your mouth.
Speaker 1: Okay, not while you're drinking a shake. No, No, they're good. I don't think you're going to consume it rectally. You're gonna have to do it orally.
Speaker 4: I'd love you too, if you know what if you did directly though, you get a brain freeze?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 7: Why?
Speaker 1: How sau?
Speaker 2: What when you go to McDonald's and you see a shamrock shake, what's the first thing you think that.
Speaker 1: Should be in my butt? Wow?
Speaker 2: That guy answered quickly. Man, they do sound good. We had one the other day. They were great. Marnie swing by.
Speaker 4: Yeah, grab us some money, please forgots for him.
Speaker 2: Venezuela beat Italy four to two in the World Baseball Classic SEMIS.
Speaker 9: They will play the US in the finals tonight at seven o'clock in Miami. So that unbelievable Italian team finally lost.
Speaker 11: They finally had one bad inning Michae Lorenzo and gave up a lead walk, then a couple of a couple of strike else looked like he was getting get of things and give up. I think four straight singles, none of which were hit particularly hard.
Speaker 1: And uh and then ended up being uh.
Speaker 11: They end up scoring three runs to take a turn a two to one deficit into a four to two lead.
Speaker 1: It was a great game, and.
Speaker 11: The World Baseball Classic games have been real tight and real.
Speaker 1: Real compelling. So and now now.
Speaker 11: Going into tonight, since Venezuela one, they will be starting a left handed pitcher on the mound. Oh, and what that makes me wonders whether or not we'll see Byron Buxton as a starting center fielder. Peter Pete k Armstrong is a better and fantastic center fielder. He's also a left handed hitting center fielder, and I wonder if they'll put Buxton and into the game to start out instead of fields.
Speaker 9: So as he mentioned, four straight singles, and all I could think to ask you is, what's the most number of Craft singles you ever ate in one sitting when you were a kid.
Speaker 1: And that's a really good question, is it? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Hold on, because there's an episode of The Simpsons where Homer eats ninety six slices of it sitting on his own and.
Speaker 1: You try to break that record. This is just singles like you can't have had. There's no lunch meat involved, anythingdually wrapped crash in the ten.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you take the over. You don't need I did when I was grown up. I would never do it now. That would freak me out. Now crush them when I was little. What year did it change for you?
Speaker 1: Probably right around the time of the Berlin wall fell? What what ninety two? What's gross about it? Do you texture? Probably general aura. So this isn't just something you wouldn't do because of health. This is something like you just would not or do.
Speaker 2: I don't make any choices related to my health. That's my psychosis. Okay, train wreck So you think ten yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh, gusto, sneak out save some for late. That really matters though, is this?
Speaker 5: Oh you got that right, buddy, You got that String.
Speaker 9: Cheese is a thousand times better than a craft single.
Speaker 1: Well it does, sure not even close.
Speaker 2: Sure I wouldn't. I don't think I would eat it now, Like there's anybody arguing that.
Speaker 9: Just in case somebody was right, individually wrapped pieces of cheese, string cheese is smoked smokes and a craft single.
Speaker 2: Even back in the day, it was like a three. Yeah, I don't think i'd eat a craft single.
Speaker 5: Now I bet you would.
Speaker 1: I bet you would.
Speaker 2: I don't think so I got ten thousand dollars, says you would.
Speaker 1: After you get those?
Speaker 2: Uh, swadn't bring in a single.
Speaker 1: Corn to beef.
Speaker 4: Cabbage, which has become a Saint Patrick's staple for Irish Americans, doesn't have anything to do with the grain corn. Instead, it's a nod to the large grains of salt that were historically used to cure meats, which were also known as corns.
Speaker 1: Oh, I didn't know. I didn't at all until right now.
Speaker 10: I know.
Speaker 1: I you always thought there was corn and corn either? Well done?
Speaker 9: Hot What that was Jonathan Davis mentioning his love for Irish food. Jesus, it sounded more like mouth tap dancing and Jonathan Tavis.
Speaker 5: Of course I can dance. Of course I can do.
Speaker 9: Can you do your Jonathan Davis again? Because that did sound like tap dancing. Do your best Jonathan Davis kind of growling impression, hot dog, don't ever do that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you like the Exorcist.
Speaker 4: Around thirteen million pints of Guinness are estimated to be consumed around the world today.
Speaker 1: It's great across the pond.
Speaker 5: It's great everywhere. I had one last night.
Speaker 1: Oh really, it's good here, it's better there. Say that number again, thirteen million million pints. Damn yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I liked the tour of the Guinness.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's cool. Yes, that's cool. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I wish I wasn't fighting for my life when I do it. Wow, the last thing I wanted to see was a hammered well. I went to the pub to get food and then I ran and then they're like, oh I ran into first you guys and Saucy.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 2: The only food they had was nacho so I was like, bleep that, give me a pint.
Speaker 1: And then you guys started buying drinks.
Speaker 2: And then I think we did actually go to some antique shops.
Speaker 12: We did, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: And then yeah, and then I continued on with Saucy. We met up with John Bonus, and that's just where the night took a dark turn, you know. That's that's that was, That was when I was in for Then all the listeners found us, and I just kept getting drink after drink after drink, and I never did find that food that I originally set off for.
Speaker 1: Oh give me. I have even had a drink with cor that night. I've bar hopped a little bit Ireland. That was fun. You're a little tipsy, yeah, oh yeah. And the listener gave me an edible. Also, who is a listener? Gave me an edible?
Speaker 2: And I think she meant I think she meant for it to be later. But I was drunk and I was just like wow. Then I just put it right in my mom something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you needed a little hit, saucero sports guy, right sure.
Speaker 9: Tonight is the first couple of games in the NCAA tournament. The first four right, two playing games tonight, two playing games tomorrow, Yes to tonight are number eleven Texas and number eleven NC state That game is at eight to fifteen.
Speaker 1: But the first game.
Speaker 9: UMBC versus Howard A sixteen versus A sixteen?
Speaker 1: Yeah, poker face.
Speaker 2: Does anybody here think Sauce knows what the acronym UMBC stands for?
Speaker 1: Or this is an or? Or could he name the city where Howard University is? Can he get either of those? Right?
Speaker 9: U NBC what it stands for? Or where Howard University is?
Speaker 4: I bet he can do the first one, because I think I just figured out and I'd never heard of it until right now.
Speaker 1: I don't think he does. The second one.
Speaker 2: I think he's got them both. No chance for that for two for two sauce. Let's start with Howard.
Speaker 9: Do you have any idea where Howard University is?
Speaker 1: Is it in Georgia? The final? Yeah? Anybody else know? I do not?
Speaker 5: Howard is in Like.
Speaker 1: I know that Joe is not a city.
Speaker 9: In New York, Howard is it? There's a Howard in Washington, d C. Is this not the one that's from DC?
Speaker 1: No idea? Let's see that is the Howard? I mean, yeah, that is the Howard you right? So is that the only one that's got to be this one? Correct? Yes?
Speaker 9: Okay, so this is the one from Washington, DC, UMBC University. Great start.
Speaker 1: Let's go Maryland. Yes, unbelievable.
Speaker 9: Yes, University of Maryland.
Speaker 1: You want so badly to say Boston College.
Speaker 2: No, University of Maryland bi centennial idea. Aren't they like the bulldogs or something? And there's some kind of dog logo Golden Retrievers or something.
Speaker 9: I had to look it up because I remember when they made the news handful of years ago.
Speaker 1: But I didn't remember what the BC was, so I didn't know the county.
Speaker 2: It is Baltimore County exactly, the University of Maryland Baltimore County, is the right answer. That would have been the correct answer, That would have incorrect. Yes, that's tough though.
Speaker 1: Why didn't I think of that? Got that right?
Speaker 2: I mean Maryland has got to be somewhere near Baltimore? And then yeah, why didn't I think of that? Bonus? That was good? Thank you?
Speaker 1: Do you know why they're famous? Do you remember didn't I beat They beat a one seed? They just said exactly.
Speaker 9: In twenty eighteen, they became the first ever number sixteen to beat a number one seed. It was the Virginia Cavaliers seventy four. Fifty four has also lost.
Speaker 1: As a one seed, but they were not the same. Whatever the right answer.
Speaker 9: Think about that, by the way, not just not just beating a number one, destroying a number one. They beat them by twenty Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Before or after Virginia one, didn't they win the national championship the next year?
Speaker 1: Something? Something that they didn't they win it?
Speaker 2: Here?
Speaker 1: I don't know. That probably would have been yeah, yeah, I think we were at the Loon Bonus bare. We were. We were there for the final four games. We were. Yeah, all right. Martie Gallener is back from Saint Louis.
Speaker 2: We can ask her about that. John Bonus is here. He's back from the Kunanan trail. Max is back from Dubai almost This is the Power Trip Morning Show on the Fan