Speaker 1: The News Junkie starts now.
Speaker 2: It is Thursday, April thirty at the twenty twenty six wats to get to today from people are freaking out to an interview about this slog world controversy and the Internet reacts to the most insane blind item of all time. Plus your calls, dispatches, emails, text, sand More Sea line is here. What's happening and so are you? You can join us with a dispatch. Go record your first dispatch on the Neewsjunkie dot.
Speaker 1: Com right now.
Speaker 2: You can also watch the show on YouTube and twitch dot tv.
Speaker 1: Slash the Newsjunkie.
Speaker 2: Your message is rolling a right at the studio at a real time. How's everybody doing on a Thursday.
Speaker 1: I'm doing good, but everybody.
Speaker 2: Else seems to be having an existential crisis right now.
Speaker 3: I'm not having an existential crisis. I probably should be worse off for the wear. I was out on a school night last night. Oh you were like went out for real, like an adult going out to the bar kind of thing. Yeah, well, you know, I just went out to see a show and then I did some after show stuff.
Speaker 2: You guys are doing a lot of abandoning Jackson these days.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not.
Speaker 2: I am not trying to judge you. I'm just saying little Jackson is sitting. He's like a little cage at the house or something.
Speaker 1: It was not abandoned. He his mother was at home. This was this was you abandoned his mother.
Speaker 2: I did, that's for sure. Yeah, oh my god, did you go see last night?
Speaker 3: I went and saw Ben Folds to the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra. Huh, I said that a little weird Philharmonic. They It was a fantastic show, just really good, really well done. It was a ben Folds on piano with an entire orchestra, you know, probably twenty thirty people. I don't know. I didn't count, but it was just it was real, really big sound. One of my friends was like, it sounds like I'm hearing a movie score live at certain points, did he do brick.
Speaker 1: With all of those? Hear the abortion song?
Speaker 2: Do the.
Speaker 3: We don't get a whole lot of radio hits at shows like that because the more upbeat numbers don't always have the instrumentation for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I just spent an email from Ben Folds. It was like, shut up, man, hey, shut up, I do what I like.
Speaker 2: All Right, here we go. Let's put our ears of the grounder figures with the pulls. Let's see what's happened in this great, big, wide world of ours. And I'm telling you people are indeed having an existential crisis today. I don't know why, but I'm gonna try to get into that and see what's going on in your minds. We'll start with a guy who had a I guess, a sweet little job. He streams on Twitch and what he does is, because you can't stream baseball games and stuff, he'll stream like where the people are on the bases and the score and the outs, and you know, they'll do like a play by play without showing the copyrighted baseball game.
Speaker 1: I don't know. He might still be in violation of the rules.
Speaker 2: There, What are you doing, buddy, He's already already having an existential crisis. So let's see what happened to him.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 4: Let's listen in oh one is the count here? Pitch for Fitcher Fisher. My apologies, this is hit right out the short stop those a second and.
Speaker 2: It's a double play. It's a double play, boys, all right. I already wonder when I see something like this, I'm like, who watches this? Yeah, there's people in his chat. There are people. I don't know how many people are watching, but there are people watching a man with a with a camera on his face, and then he just kind of says to you, what's going on in the in the game. Maybe if you're driving in the car, as opposed to listen to the radio broadcast, you listen to this guy and.
Speaker 1: Rules. Maybe possibly, but he's really into it. I like that.
Speaker 4: I mean, oh, one is the count here? Pitch for ficher fer my apologies up again right.
Speaker 2: At the short stop thst a second and it's a double play. It's a double play.
Speaker 5: Boys, whoa Red Sox baseball?
Speaker 1: I Q existential crisis.
Speaker 5: Red Sox faithball. I load this seam. I load watching them. I can't stand watching the scene.
Speaker 6: Dude, always do they sup?
Speaker 1: But it's more game to go. It's only the sithic.
Speaker 2: You doing here.
Speaker 1: Let's the guy for he needs a stretch, and he does.
Speaker 2: He needs a break and it needs to be a little break in the broadcast and known.
Speaker 3: Badger, go f yourself. That is no feeling without a beard.
Speaker 1: Hey, go does it? You know you he'll eat.
Speaker 2: The whole bag. You certainly don't yell like him. He was trying to keep it together and be professional and he just melted down.
Speaker 5: Faithful load this seed load. Watching them, I can't stand watching the scene.
Speaker 1: Dude, always do they suck?
Speaker 2: Like this is a commercial in the background. Quarter pound of flame grilled beef. Just make sure you all right, buddy, Calm down, relax everybody. We need to get through this. We need to push through the existential crises that are happening out there. Okay, and I ask you, are you having an existential crisis? And we should start with what the hell does that actually mean? For sixty to seventy percent of the audience here, so uh, I think when you see it, is it old on X? It's a hard existential crisis? What does that actually mean? Is this a meltdown? Is that an existential crisis? A period of intense questioning regarding life's purpose, meaning, and value, often triggered by life changes, mortality awareness, or isolation.
Speaker 1: Oh I do it with mortality awareness. I do it with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like I have the the meltdown where you don't know what you're doing and you just freak out and it says they're a company by anxiety and stress, and they're disturbing one's normal functioning in everyday life. So you don't want this, But about a third of Americans say they're having an existential crisis right now?
Speaker 1: Are you?
Speaker 2: Are you melting down? What are you thinking about this year so far? How are you hanging in there? Let us know what's going on and send us your dispatches of course over at the newsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 3: Now, the reason I say that I think what he's doing still could be actionable by Major League Baseball is because he's still trying to get the little fat guy fired.
Speaker 2: Yeah God, Okay, he's not showing any of the baseball broadcasts, but he's still giving an account of it. So you're saying, if I was watching a football game and describing it to somebody else on a stream.
Speaker 3: You were doing a play by play on your stream. It's an unlicensed, unauthorized to play by play?
Speaker 1: What they How can I have control of a play by play?
Speaker 2: There's not has nothing to do with their cameras or their their contenting. It's a sports copyright.
Speaker 3: Disclaimers state that telecast pictures and accounts of games which is what he's giving.
Speaker 1: He's giving aunt of the game.
Speaker 3: Are protected prohibiting unauthorized reproduction, retransmission, or broadcasting.
Speaker 6: Boo.
Speaker 3: It says that's now. It says the broadcast is copyrighted. The underlying game generally may not be fair use such as commentary and news part of me to apply, but unauthorized highlights often violated copyright.
Speaker 7: Boo.
Speaker 2: All of this is ridiculous, A big sport coming in and trying to tell you what to do. Laurie on YouTube says, I am melting down. Why are we taxed on things we already paid tax on? God bless Laurie. But from your mouth or your keyboard to God's ears, God bless yet, that is a problem worth having a crisis over.
Speaker 1: For sure.
Speaker 2: Other people are worried about, just like the status of the country or wars or I don't know. People are just upset about things. They're not having a good time. I think the most commonly used word for twenty twenty six so far is stressful.
Speaker 1: It's stressful.
Speaker 2: People are having an existential crisis about this stuff.
Speaker 1: They're melting down. And I try to show up.
Speaker 2: Every day here and make sure we can pull you through the latest level of that crisis.
Speaker 1: That's what we're doing, all right, That's what we're doing here on the show.
Speaker 2: So I'll bring you something else here to kind of stem the tide just a little bit.
Speaker 1: If you don't mind, we go over to the White House.
Speaker 2: Usually that's going to get your blood boiling, but nothing does. There are a couple of things that it's still perfectly okay to make fun of people four in twenty twenty six. One is short guys doesn't matter, short kings. They could say whatever they want about you. They can openly mock you on television. They could do anything out there that they want to. Short people are fine to make fun of. For God's sake. What's the song about short people?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 1: What's his name?
Speaker 2: Does the you got a friend in me?
Speaker 1: That guy?
Speaker 2: Oh? Randy Newman?
Speaker 1: Randy Newman.
Speaker 2: I always say this when it comes to short people. Randy Newman's song about short people just played on the radio widely accept it is just an okay thing. And what is the what's the song again? You know what I'm talking about? A short people?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 9: Whatsation is to change the course of Western music?
Speaker 1: Good for the song, Randy, It's got a long intro on this yeah, this one. Yeah, yeah, right right.
Speaker 2: Come on, we're running out of time. Got into this video.
Speaker 8: So people got no reason for so, people.
Speaker 6: Got no reason, no reason for what.
Speaker 1: So people got no reason to me?
Speaker 10: Yeah there you go.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, that's it right there. Sure people got no reason to live. Sure people are okay to make fun of redheads, Okay to make fun of in twenty twenty six, it's unbelievable the absolute abuse that your immutable characteristic of having red hair.
Speaker 1: Will lead to.
Speaker 2: It. I love you, I love you redheads. Also, here's another one here, This is another one that you're allowed to make fun of. Apparently, let's go to the White House.
Speaker 11: You considering relocating NASA's headquarters out of DC once the leases up.
Speaker 2: States like Texas questioned a Trump about massive Tell you.
Speaker 1: That is mentioning over here.
Speaker 12: You heard that question With those beautiful ears of yours. He's got great hearing in us much.
Speaker 1: He's got superhero, he's got superhering. He's got big ears.
Speaker 2: This guy at the White House perfectly okay to make fun of people with big ears.
Speaker 1: He's like, that's a question for him.
Speaker 2: He's got he's got great hearing over there, great hearing, he said, DC wants.
Speaker 11: The leases up states like Texas, Ohio.
Speaker 12: Well, the best man to tell you that is the mentioning right over here. You heard that question with those beautiful ears of yours. He's got great hearing. You know, super he's got superhero.
Speaker 2: He's got Superhero, big old, big handles on the side of your head.
Speaker 3: It doesn't look like he's dying inside just a little bit. Well, I just gotta take it old white Obama here is h Yeah.
Speaker 2: It does look like a white Obama one hundred. Okay, we have so much to get into today, very busy day. We're gonna be talking with the folks who are now taking care of those sloughs and rescuing them after the whole sloth world controversy we under earthed here. It's gonna be an interesting interview coming up in about fifteen or twenty minutes.
Speaker 1: So let's get to the break early enough.
Speaker 2: We got your feedback coming in of a big celebrity died just moments ago. You've got a problem on an airplane. Yeah, we'll hear the song probably. It's all coming up next on the News Junkie. The World of music is an area we don't often explore over here, although I do think my mine can explore well on the show. I mean, I mean to say ce Lane on the show, Seelane, we don't get into the world of music all that that often I do.
Speaker 1: My current take does mirror.
Speaker 2: This, though I do believe in this right now, and I think, honestly the evidence does show that even young people agree with me on this. This take is in line with my thinking at the exact moment in time that.
Speaker 1: We do this show.
Speaker 2: And somebody posts this is the worst era for mainstream music in my entire lifetime. That's across all genres, and it's not close either. And one of the top responses, which I think is the case for a lot of Zoomers, a lot of younger people, even younger than Generation Z, the person says, my daily music consists ninety five percent of music from the nineties and two thousands. I mean, for real, right now is has it ever been anywhorse than it is right now? The state of common music right now. It's probably why you're here hanging out with us, spending some time with us on the show. I want you to grade current music right now a to F. All right, chat, I want you to tell me the folks watching live on YouTube and twitch A to F, what do you say that the current lot of songs and musicians and everybody on the charts right now. I would say most people are thinking D see it best right now. It's the reason why the person's right. Everybody listens to old stuff. Creed is popular again, mm hmm, even with the young people. Go to any place with a jukebox, a touch tunes or whatever, and when you go in there, you will one hundred percent c that the majority of the songs played across all generations of people that are at these places.
Speaker 1: Are old songs. They're playing old songs.
Speaker 2: The current state of mainstream music is absolute dumpster fire, which is you know, I'm seeing it right now. People are saying it F a D A D an F an F a D minus a D minus like nobody.
Speaker 1: Like we're talking about your high school all over against.
Speaker 2: It does feel that way, Palm Beach legs, and the current state of music right now is a D or an F absolutely an F and just this is across the spectrum.
Speaker 1: I don't know why that is.
Speaker 2: I'll take your thoughts on on why you think that is here? I don't know.
Speaker 3: I feel like the place to be right now in music really is the country star. Like those guys are killing it. They're they're doing these huge ass tours. You know, they're they're printing money. Morgan Wallen, look at this guy.
Speaker 2: Ted says D country music fan, and it's a D to an F. So he's saying country music is still down there.
Speaker 1: He does.
Speaker 3: Depends on what kind of country you like. There's a spectrum in country music. There's the the half rap country.
Speaker 2: Music, then the outlaw country music. There's the girl band country music. There's so many different types of it. What's funny is half rap country music. Sea Lanes seems to be also half Nelly. It's the Nelly does like a good portion yeah country. He started with country grammar and then he ended up going into that.
Speaker 3: I will say that to fuel your argument here. On the way into work today, I was kind of bumping an album from two thousand.
Speaker 1: Everybody is, I'm telling you right.
Speaker 3: Now, I decide, well, I got a wild hair and I was like, I'm I want to hear some Marshall Mathers LP.
Speaker 2: There you go, that's what people will be into much more than they would of old stuff.
Speaker 1: And this isn't something you know.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 2: The guys post says old head energy. I get it, I get it. The guy who posted this on Twitter says old head energy on his post. But the fact is, this is how a lot of people across generations feel about music right now. And I see stories popping up, like one of the stories this week was about the death of a country singer, and I thought, do younger people know this guy too? And then I thought, let me bring the story up from this is from AP News and they posted David allan Coe, who wrote Take this Job and Shove It and other country hits, dies at eighty six years old. Right now. The first thing I thought of when I saw that headline from the biggest news outlet on the planet, the Associated Press, I thought, wow, I remember some of the headlines after Charlie Kirk was shot, and I thought David allen Coe would get a more brutal send off in headlines on account of and some of you may not know this, David allen Coe has a particular part of his catalog that's not exactly on.
Speaker 1: The radio r right.
Speaker 3: In fact, I think the particular album that was the most egregious was like self released and he only sold it via mail order and like advertised it in Trucker magazines.
Speaker 2: That's the only place you could do it because it was inarguably absolutely super racist.
Speaker 3: Okay, now, let's be fair about this. David allen Coe says that those songs were satirical.
Speaker 2: Okay, the satirical song with the N word that isn't a rap song done by a black guy. Is still a satirical song with the N word.
Speaker 3: It was, okay, And maybe he was the first person to use this classic token excuse, but he said, listen, guys, my drummer is black.
Speaker 2: Oh sure, and I'm sure he wasn't like gritting through his teeth hitting the snare every single time David allen Coe was playing Mudfest and doing those songs, you know, those those other songs. In fact, I think most people, even younger people, probably know David allen Coe, who was behind take this job and shove it best for him being in name featured in another song, which one, Oh God, the one about Mama and the train and.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm talking about. That's his song.
Speaker 2: No, never, that's not David allen Coe. No, he's singing's David allen Coe in that. That's somebody else singing that song, is it not?
Speaker 1: You never even called me by my name?
Speaker 2: Is it, David? No? Because that would be way bigger than take this job and shove it, wouldn't it. I would have thought you might be right. Oh, you are right, You're one hundred percent right.
Speaker 9: You.
Speaker 1: I apologize, I take it back. Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 2: David allen Coe, the country singer songwriter who wrote the working class anthem, take this job and Shove it? And had you never even called me by my name, which is indeed a great song, great jukebox song.
Speaker 1: And the name.
Speaker 2: Song?
Speaker 1: Hey did?
Speaker 2: He sure did, but he said it wasn't the perfect country music song. You know what else? Steve Goodman wrote what I Believe, Go Cubs, Go the Cubs anthem? No way did he really but that that is a great song. He did have a lot of very very offensive old songs. But even the Associated Press writes him off better than they did a lot of political people that they seem to not like more than David allen Coe. Whether he was labeled outlaw or underground, David allen Coe was clearly an outsider and Nashville's music establishment. This says even throughout his success as an in demand songwriter and singer, eventually developing a core following route his raw, often obscene lyrics and a checkered, somewhat mysterious past. I don't even know if they mentioned racism in this whole, like fifteen paragraph thing, which is kind of wild.
Speaker 1: They said, checkered.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that'll do it for now. But what do you think the current state of music? Let us know your thoughts. Send us a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com or email the show always if you want to be anonymous, put that on top tips at the Newsjunkie dot Com. Yucker said Sean would only listen to these songs when he wasn't around his friend Shay. I didn't listen to David allen Coe all right, only only you never even called me by my name, and I didn't even know it was him. I thought it was somebody else singing about him at some point during that song.
Speaker 1: But here we are.
Speaker 2: Let us know your thoughts on this quick break when we come back and interview with the folks taking care of the sloss right now, now, that's coming up next in the news chunk Ye. The Slaw World story has gone national, international, and it tells me one thing which does renew my faith in just people in general. One thing it tells me the rise of a story like this and the focus on these laws at the center of the Sloth World controversy is that a lot of people out there still care about animals. They still care about how animals are treated. They still demand that humans who want to be interacting with these kind of animals treat them in a way that is humane and that we can all agree is the right way to treat them as best they can. And this is one of those situations where everybody reacted in a really intense way and well, thankfully there are good people at a great facility who are stepping up to try to help this laws who have sort of been caught.
Speaker 1: In the middle of all of this.
Speaker 2: Let's learn more in an interview with the CEO of the Central Florida Zoo, Richard Glover.
Speaker 1: Richard, are you with us? I am there he is.
Speaker 2: Richard. First of all, thank you for joining us. We appreciate that. Second of all, let us know what's the deal, what's going on with these laws. Let's start with how did you end up getting a hold of this loss? How did you take possession of them from these Sloth World people.
Speaker 13: So it was a very strange week last week. Last Monday, we got a call to the zoo that got directed to our general curator that runs our animal operations. It was one of the owners of Soft World asking if we would be willing to accept a donation of slaws. And so we looked at our quarantine area and what we could do and how many we could accept, and we would and said yes, we could accept those lows and we'd be happy to And on Friday, my team went and picked up thirteen slaws from them and.
Speaker 14: Brought them back to the zoo.
Speaker 13: And so we have been spending the last seven days trying to nurse them back to full health and do everything we can for them. They came in in a lot of them varying conditions, but none of them were fully healthy. So we're doing everything we can to try to ensure the survival of as many of them as we can. We unfortunately had our first loss yesterday, the one that came in the most critical. His name was Bannit. We just reached a point where he was unresponsive, and we tried everything we could, and there was no chance he was going to rally, So we didn't want to prolong it. But we're hoping that that's the only loss. But we also know, you know, when we accepted them, we realized that we had no idea what shape they'd be in, and we knew that this would be an uphill battle, and so we're going to continue to fight and do everything we can to keep the other twelve.
Speaker 2: Alive, Richard, Were they in pretty bad shape? Would you say? Overall, when you get a hold of these laws.
Speaker 13: It varied and visibly from the outside, most of them didn't necessarily look like they were, but they all came in a little dehydrated, a little underweight, and a lot of them had pretty serious diarrhea issues or also bloating issues.
Speaker 14: They have.
Speaker 13: They're very sensitive animals, and they have very sensitive GI tracks, and so if they weren't getting exactly the right diet, weren't getting enough fluid, the GI track gets off and a lot of bad things can happen. And because they're a justice system is incredibly slow. It takes a long time to get something like that turned around. And where it needs to be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, it's it's kind of amazing what you guys have done. You got the whole crew on board there at the Central Florida Zoo. I know that they're giving these animals attention that I think they probably needed for a pretty long time here, and we.
Speaker 1: Got from day one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, we could see at least some of that by the shape that it appears that they were in.
Speaker 3: I like how they called it a donation of sloths, Like you think of a donation as a nice, uh, you know, gratuitous thing, like I want to donate some money to you, something that's going to help you out, when really the sloth world guys had become public enemy number one in some circles and they needed you to bail them out. You know, it was less of a donation in my eyes and more of like, hey, we need to not totally screw up what we have left here, and that's why we need somebody who knows what they're doing, and that's the Central Florida Zoo, correct.
Speaker 13: I mean, and you know, I don't want to really want to comment on what they did before they got here because I wasn't there, and I don't know what they did right and what they did wrong, sure, but I all I know is you know, when we got them, they weren't quite where they need to be, So our focus is totally on what happens from here and.
Speaker 14: Whether we can save them.
Speaker 13: It's I think, you know, I will say yes, donating to us may have been a way out of a situation to some degree, But I do think they were donating to us because they wanted them to be able to have a chance of surviving, get healthy, because they could have sold them right. I mean, I think stopping them from it in this state, they could sell them easily well.
Speaker 2: I mean, they already had a lot of public pressure against them that probably I just think would have made things even worse. I was asking people in the chat who are watching this dream, how many people think this is enough that they've given up these animals. How many people think that there should be actual charges against these people?
Speaker 1: You'd be stunned.
Speaker 2: I mean, most people want more here because they've been very upset by this. But on the positive side, I think so many people are getting to see what you guys are doing over there at the.
Speaker 1: Central Florida Zoo.
Speaker 2: Is there something that people don't quite understand here when they say, oh, well, we want to start a facility and we want to have these swaths on display. What's the process that that that goes on in taking care of a sloth like this? You guys are doing this currently a central forward to zoo. Is it much more difficult to take care of animals like these than people might imagine?
Speaker 14: Absolutely?
Speaker 13: I mean, there's there's a reason certain animals should not be pets, and unfortunately in this state there are a lot of animals that still are allowed to be pets that shouldn't. But you know, these animals require very very specific diets. They require heat and humidity on a consistent basis.
Speaker 14: They require sunlight.
Speaker 13: There's there's a number of things that they need because they have such a delicate digestive system. You know, you have to be very careful with them and understanding their needs. And what accredited zos and aquariums do is we're up on all that science, and we've got the resources of other places that are cared for them. You know, are to itself. We've cared for slaws for decades. Yeah, so you know, this is nothing new to our team in terms of caring for these animals. But if you don't care for these kind of animals on a regular basis, I mean even a good veterinarian that isn't used to caring for exotic animals is gonna, you know, not know every last little thing they need to know to do it correctly. You have to have that network of people you can reach out to that have done it and use them and so right, Yeah, at least we know here that if we don't know the answer, all we've got to do is call other azy a credited facilities and see who else does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've got the resources at the very least to make that work. A lot of people that are commenting right now in Chat Richard and Richard's the CEO of Central Floridas who taken care of these these slows from Sloth World that are now over at their facility. Richard. A lot of people with Chat are asking is there any shot that they'll be able to release these laws back to the wild.
Speaker 13: So there's not, and there's a number of and so First, in general, with animals that have been in human care for an extended period of time like these have, it's very difficult because they become dependent on. They're being fed all the time, so they're not going to go hunt for food and they're not going to understand what that People aren't their friends out.
Speaker 14: In the wild.
Speaker 13: So just in general with animals, that's a problem putting them back. With these specifically, these were imported from other countries and nobody knows exactly where are those countries they were imported from, and there were a lot of them that died and over the course of the last several months. You know, once they got here, we don't know if there's disease that they have that they might be able to bring back to a wild population that could decimate that wild population. So the risk is actually bigger to the wild population if we put them back than if we don't.
Speaker 1: Oh got you, okay, all right?
Speaker 2: So the real interesting thing here to me is you don't know where these things come from. You're like, you don't know how they go got these Did they grab them off a tree in the wild and just shove them in a box and mail them off.
Speaker 1: Nobody knows where these things actually came from.
Speaker 15: No.
Speaker 13: But it speaks to a larger problem, which is the illegal pet trade, and people really aren't aware of what a giant problem. That is, every port in the country has animals being snuck in on a daily basis.
Speaker 14: And what happens is generally.
Speaker 13: A baby, an infant is taken from a family, usually the entire family is killed to get them, and then brought in for the pet trade and sold to people here that don't know how to take care of them. That eventually either you know, they die because they aren't taking care of correctly, the people just let them go and then they're out, oh god, and putting diseases and other things into the environment. There's a lot of bad things that happen that way. But generally what happens is if you look at the countries these animals come from that you've got probably impoverished people that are being incentivized by money.
Speaker 14: Hey, if you'll get us some sauce, we'll.
Speaker 13: Pay you this, and so they do, and you know, it's it's just a bad system overall, right. You know, if we could do something to tamp down the illegal pet trade and people would quit trying to buy these kinds of animals, it would solve a lot of the problem.
Speaker 14: It is a gigantic problem across this country.
Speaker 1: It's a money thing.
Speaker 2: It sounds like, is a sloth worth a lot of money if somebody's purchasing them? Like they said, fifty of these things died at this lath World facility, which is mind blowing and it kind of makes your blood boil. But is one sloth? Is it pretty expensive to buy one of those?
Speaker 14: So here's the honest ruth. I don't know.
Speaker 13: I would assume it it is pretty expensive. I would assume it's it's you know, certainly somewhere into the five figures. But zeus and aquams or credit and aquariums, that's not how we normally get our animals. Yeah, we we have breeding programs to keep the different species alive. We trade back and forth, or we breed some of our own, so we don't go out of the market and buy animals like this or import animals like this traditionally. And so I don't know what the market is exactly for sauce, but I would imagine it is. It is pretty significant. And this is a state where they're allowed to be pets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I know you don't want to necessarily weigh in on some of this stuff, and you know, feel free to stay pass if you'd like, But I just want to get your gut take on it. Do you think, because I absolutely agree with what you just said, Richard. I think it's important to stop the sale of these animals and cut it off right there, cut it off where these animals are coming into this country in other countries, so that we don't see animals in these circumstances like this. Is it your take that maybe the best way to stop that would be to punish some people and hold some people responsible when something like this goes wrong.
Speaker 13: Is that your take on this or I mean, certainly I'm not opposed to the people being held responsible when any animals are mistreated or you know, don't have the life they should have. But I think the root problem is changing the system so that people just.
Speaker 14: Can't have them as pens. Yeah, I agree, bring them forth.
Speaker 13: So you know, as a zoo, we do have the ability to do some things that other organizations don't have, but we're also held to much higher standards. So we've been accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums continuously since nineteen eighty six. There are over three thousand places in this country that have licenses from various government agencies to hold of display animals.
Speaker 14: There's only about two hundred and fifty that have AZA accreditation, and I.
Speaker 13: Think allowing places that have that kind of standard that every few years they go through an intensive accreditation process that looks at everything about their business, most especially about are their facilities sufficient for the animals? Are they giving the right kind of animal care? Are they And there's just so many things they look at. Knowing that those facilities do those are probably the only facilities that should be allowed to do anything like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, these people were obviously not equipped at all to do this, and and the proof of that is that fifties loss are dead in the wake of it. But to turn that on its head and make it do a more positive thing, It's been amazing to see the public rally around what's going on. And this is this is a big cost and resource intensive thing that's been thrust upon the Central Florida Zoo. Like you guys now have to step up and put people on this, and you know, have have a budget for this.
Speaker 1: What are you doing it?
Speaker 2: Can people help out in any way if they've been listening. I know there's a lot of donate links going on there, they're spamming the donate link and chat, which I encourage you to keep doing. But what's the way that people can help, Yeah, and that you.
Speaker 13: Know, there's a couple of ways, and one of them is to donate. You can go to our website right on the homepage a link and you can learn more about what's going on and you can donate, and that's absolutely so appreciated and needed. But there are a couple other things. We have a lot of people that are reaching out to us and saying, hey, like our boy Scout Troup is doing some kind of fundraiser and we're going to give you the money towards this loss.
Speaker 14: So we've got a lot of people just kind of on.
Speaker 13: Their own doing some donations different ways and raise money different ways, and that's helpful too, But even just getting on our social media and encouraging the team and you know, helping them feel good about what they're doing, because this is hard work, and especially a day like yesterday when we lost one of them, that's devastating to the team, but we can't take a breath and warn them.
Speaker 14: We have to keep going for all the others.
Speaker 13: So seeing that support, hearing you know when they're done at the end of the day and they're exhausted and they look online and people are saying, thank you so much and what you're doing so important. That means the world to my team, and you know that is really valuable to us. I think a lot more than people would realize.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you so much for joining us today, Richard Glover, the CEO of the Central Florida Zoo. Yeah, appreciate you, appreciate your time. Good luck on everything with this loss. We hope people and I you know what, I know people listening right now will go throw some support over there. And uh and I really think you're doing a great thing. So thanks for spending some time with us today.
Speaker 14: Thank you and thank you for having me on there.
Speaker 2: He goes Richard Glover, CEO of the Central Florida Zoo. The people doing the good thing on the bad side of this, you know this, this facility shows up people to me pretty clearly didn't know what the hell they were doing. And now finally these animals have somebody looking after them, a team of people looking after them that can hopefully get them to a really stable spot and end this story in a better way. And I think the.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it seems like their dance card is pretty full right now. You know, they got their work cut out on. I think like the worst call that Richard could get tomorrow would be like, hey, we just found fifty ringtailed lemurs in rough shape.
Speaker 1: You know, I got enough things going on right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go over there. They're posting the They're posting the link over in chat. Go check it out over ont thenewsjunkie dot com. I'll put that up for other folks as well.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 2: They're doing some good things. And I think it's been crazy to see the push from folks who have been watching this saying I want charges. I don't think it's enough. I know they don't want to say this kind of stuff. They don't want to get into this at these facilities because they are they're above the fray and they're they're doing the right thing.
Speaker 1: They're focused on animals.
Speaker 2: But I can be focused on some things like this, and I can see what you're focused on, and it seems like a lot of you are like, no, we want more. We want a little bit of a punishment at the very least for the people who are responsible for this, because at the end of the day, you got fifty animals that died, and it looks like those fifty animals died because these people didn't know what the hell they were doing. Right. That that's the thing, man, that's the thing for me. So let us know what you think. Send your dispatches, emails, all that good stuff. Quick break back in just a moment. We have so much on the way, including a person freaking out on a flight. Wait till you hear what this guy said. It's coming up next on the news Junkie. This is another existential crisis.
Speaker 1: Sea line. This is another.
Speaker 2: Existential crisis, but on a ar TV. This time it's it's actually this happened on.
Speaker 1: An ar t V.
Speaker 2: Believe it or not. A ART what's an ar TV? You you don't know what that is. You haven't heard people talking about this before.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And ar t V is in aviation related transportation vehicle. Yeah, that's where this occurred. This is this occurred on weird the aviation related transportation vehicle and an art an ar TV is where this occurred and where when this ar TV located?
Speaker 1: It was in Atlanta, Atlanta, Georgia. Sucker.
Speaker 6: It's a tough story.
Speaker 2: Doesn't. Why doesn't come because it's an ar TV. It's not a plane. It's completely and totally different. Where in Atlanta was it was that the world of Coca Cola. The Atlanta airport was a surprise.
Speaker 6: It's a tough story as long as it flies insane and as you, I guess.
Speaker 1: Where back of a artvuh.
Speaker 2: The aar TV story continues, plane plane bits and jingles and jangles aside. A passenger opened the emergency exit door on a delayed Delta flight in Atlanta amid severe Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was trying to tell me it was this aar TV thing the whole time.
Speaker 2: A related transportation vehicle.
Speaker 1: As I said from the jump, some of you you really weird.
Speaker 2: People might call it something else, but that's well the normal folks call ingm ARTVS A video shared online would played for you just a second showed an enraged passenger.
Speaker 3: I didn't know the shouting red crew that you were trying to take with this. I thought this guy has an augmented reality television. I don't even know how that works. Wouldn't be it worked.
Speaker 2: It worked. I almost got away with it. If it wasn't for these meddling chatters I would have gotten away there. Everybody back on a plane, back on a plane, back on a plane, every single every time I do. This video shared online showed an enraged passenger shouting at crew members about the extended delay before grabbing and opening an emergency exit door with the plane was on the ground. The aircraft, caring one hundred and sixty eight passengers, was eventually returned to the gate at Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta International Airport, where the man was removed by security. The flight had been held due to a groundstop at Chicago's O'Hare International Airport and later departed hours behind schedule, finally reaching Chicago early the next morning. So basically, these people were loaded up on the plane and they thought that they were going to be able to take off, but they weren't able to take off because there were storms where they were headed at another airport, so they got stuck on the tarmac. It happens sometimes, and longer and longer and longer goes by, and this one guy just totally melts down. Let's listen to the meltdown. He got out of his seat, ran up and grabbed the phone that the flight attendants used to communicate with the flight. He grabbed that phone, like that special phone that they talk into sometimes maybe the pilot.
Speaker 1: What does that phone go to? Is it the pilot?
Speaker 3: I thought you were doing the talking about the one that's like the intercom for the whole plane, you know, the announcements.
Speaker 2: Why here he is ready?
Speaker 1: How long has it been?
Speaker 2: Already? Three four hours to night?
Speaker 1: We're talking another getting to the gate. I want off or I'll take my cellph off. Okay, he opened the door.
Speaker 2: Oh my talk?
Speaker 1: Who are you?
Speaker 2: Doesn't matter? Exactly?
Speaker 16: Matters?
Speaker 1: Who are you? Doesn't matter? Doesn't matter exactly? Do what matter to me?
Speaker 2: I'm the plane guy?
Speaker 3: This is the art art V guy main character syndrome personified.
Speaker 1: You know who matters me?
Speaker 8: Me?
Speaker 1: I'm the guy that matters.
Speaker 2: I'm having a meltdown in existential crisis on an.
Speaker 1: Ar TV is what's happening a pane?
Speaker 2: He the guy got up, starts freaking out. He opens the door that you heard at that one point. He opened the actual door to the plane and then he goes who are you? And the guy goes, it doesn't matter. He's like, you're right, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 16: You go, oh my talk?
Speaker 1: Who are you?
Speaker 2: Doesn't me.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I told you idiots.
Speaker 2: Oh, we got the captain coming through. The captain is now coming through on the speakers. I would be thinking, right now, is this my opportunity to get up and get this guy in like some sort of choke hold from behind? And can I Daniel Penny, this guy in the aisle of this plane right now.
Speaker 1: I don't think he's causing a disruption on my flight.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 3: I don't think you can, because he's currently not. He is causing a disruption, but he's not threatening the lives of anybody. He's not doing anything to put anybody in harm's way. If he were opening the door when you were thirty thousand feet in the air, I would say, tackle the s out of this dude. Let's let's end this.
Speaker 2: But that's a crime though, right opening that door, even if they're on the tarmac, has to be a crime, right, I would get.
Speaker 3: I mean, just not following the commands of the flight crew I think can be some sort of crime.
Speaker 1: Now he's fighting with the pilot himself.
Speaker 17: Oh, don't pay good, Sure this is a gap that speaking we are going to go back to the game.
Speaker 2: He's a good idea, Yeah, a good idea, good idea he did.
Speaker 3: This is the unfortunate thing because you're giving this guy what he wants.
Speaker 1: That's what he wants you, That's what I was looking for.
Speaker 2: It does show me, Yeah, it does show you without a shadow of a doubt. People don't really realize this, I don't think. But the whole main character syndrome thing is not just a bunch of zoomers.
Speaker 1: This guy's a boomer ass boomer. He's an old dude, and he's got the same thing.
Speaker 2: He's like, well, I matter more than everybody else on this plane. I've been held on this plane for too long. I want off the plane, and I'm gonna freak out. I'm gonna freak out and lose my mind right now.
Speaker 3: I mean, he's probably not the only one that's super pissed about the situation. I would guess that if the pilot, as he says, doesn't want to call the guy captain, But if the captain of the plane is like, hey, we're headed back to the gate, there's probably a couple of people on this plane that says, thank God, get me.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, if I have to be stuck in this tube, at least get get me. Somewhere, get me where I'm going? Just sitting down the tarmat sucks. What is our punishment for this guy?
Speaker 1: Chat?
Speaker 2: What do we think this guy deserves? CBH says lifetime ban. Mill Over on TJ chat says how fun driving a rental home?
Speaker 1: A rental car home is what he's saying.
Speaker 2: I think they're going back because the police are back at the gate, probably, But what's what's the punishment this guy deserves?
Speaker 1: Because he was like, thank god.
Speaker 17: Oh here, don't pay good Sure, this is the captain speaking, We are going to go back to the game.
Speaker 2: A good idea, good idea, Yeah, good idea?
Speaker 1: What I want to do?
Speaker 2: That guy says, I wanted the r TV to go back to the game plane's plane lane just out of curiosity. With the texting service or elsewhere is ar TV catching on? Are people believing that this is a different thing than no, no, no, All.
Speaker 1: Right, Well I had to try.
Speaker 2: I had to try as a swerve around to get to this story to work this in today.
Speaker 1: What do we think the punishment should be? Let us know your thoughts.
Speaker 2: Go over to the newsjunki dot com and send a dispatch where you could send an email over on the website or an email to tips Tips at the Newsjunkie dot com. All right, uh, should I get this out of the way while I'm here? Or should I get the other airline story out of the way? Might as well, right, it would behoove you to do that. Let's just want to hear the song again. No, let's just burn it. Let's just burn it. There's another airline that got hit by a drone off the coast of California. The United flight got hit by a drone that was up in the here, you know as well as I do. Hilariously enough, I said to the people on chat, I said, what other things do I bring up? A lot like I bring up airplanes? And they said drones and the airplane drones. You know that you're not supposed to be flying drones anywhere near these airports or the flight pass. And Seilane does his due diligence when he's going to take his drone out. He makes sure that he's out there and in places that he's allowed to be. Here's what happened in this case. Here's the ATC Audio.
Speaker 18: Nineteen getting off of Rubby two seven at Rubby probably an idea Rochester had the spot one and when they're contact ramped, all right, spot one and then contact ramp, and we had drone at around the probably probably at around three thousand seat.
Speaker 2: Right, Wow, yeah, Ill, is that high or low for a drone? Three thousand feet? He's incredibly high. Okay, that's way up there. And in a flight pass, is that a double whammie that you would get in trouble for?
Speaker 3: So you generally cannot fly a drone higher than four hundred feet.
Speaker 1: Oh god, he's three thousand feet in the air.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And the only time, the only time you can fly a drone higher than four hundred feet is if you are flying near a structure that is over four hundred feet tall, and then you can add your allotted four hundred feet to the to the height of that structure.
Speaker 2: So you're tallest you can get highest, you can get the most awtune get is four hundred feet above a tall structure, three thousand feet.
Speaker 1: There's no excuse why you're up this time.
Speaker 2: No, you should definitely now be flying at three thousand feet. The United plane hit the drone, blasted it to pieces.
Speaker 19: Yeah, around on our bait leg between the again red drone a red.
Speaker 18: D document size or how many engines or a sal or anything like that. It was so sall I couldn't tell it was red.
Speaker 2: It was a red shiny drone. Be on the lookout BOLO for the red shiny drone, or.
Speaker 3: Be on the lookout for multiple pieces of a red shiny drone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that thing got blasted.
Speaker 2: If they found it, though, and they did, could they trace the drone drune back to the HUM if they found the pieces.
Speaker 3: That's hard because if they're flying illegally like that, they may not or you may purposely not want to have anything on the drone that identifies you. If you know, typical like lawful flying of a drone, you have to have something called remote I d and, which is something that's kind of tied to your account at the FAA, and it's supposed to it's supposed to be able to tell people nearby where your drone is and where the operator is.
Speaker 2: Gotcha, Well, let us know what you think the punishment should be in this case too.
Speaker 1: We'll take all your punishment.
Speaker 2: Send dispatches at the newsjunkie dot com or emails to tips T I P s at the newsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 3: I don't know what the highest I've ever flown my drone is. I don't know what what altitude.
Speaker 2: Man's house was pretty high.
Speaker 3: No, that wasn't that high. But I flew to New York ones. I think that might have been against New York law. But as far as as far as the FAA is concerned, I was buy some buildings and I was able to go a little bit above four hundred feet. I think I got a lot of thounds.
Speaker 2: I'm sing three thousand though, and it just blasted this plane. That is a that is a real that could have been a bad thing if it went into the motor or something.
Speaker 3: There's plenty of nobody likes to, uh, you know, be actually guy stickler for the rules more than drone people talking to other drone people. So they'll be like videos of some guy on YouTube there was like I flew my drone four thousand feet in the air, and the comment section is like, you're the reason we have all these stupid rules and we had to cut through all this red tape.
Speaker 2: And I think, like anything else, they think it gives a bad rep to other people who like to fly drumses too. It does. It does absolutely all right, We'll take your thoughts on this again, emails, dispatches, all the rest when we come back. Feedback for the first time works its way onto the show. We'll see if you're freaking out out there, but also have a story that happened out of a Walmart and more importantly, the most unkinged blind item.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at it right now. I'm gonna read this to you.
Speaker 2: It's a blind item, which is usually done where they say, like, hey, a celebrity known for their hair and makeup line got caught doing X, Y and Z and you have to kind of guess who it is.
Speaker 1: Then they revealed the blind items.
Speaker 2: Sometimes, this website is very accurate when it comes to this stuff. This is the same blind item website that told everybody Charlie Sheen had HIV before Charlie Sheen told anybody he had HIV. Right, This website is usually accurate, but this blind item that they have.
Speaker 1: Revealed is unbelievable.
Speaker 2: If it's true, it's going to cause tremors, chaos, and more, and that is coming up next on the News Junkie. There is no shot that this is true. This is no there's no way that this is true here, But they're saying that it is this is a blind item from one of these websites where they tease things that are about to happen in the news, and this particular killer one is called Crazy Days and Nights. This guy has been sued and won countless times. Right, countless times. This guy has been sued and has won, and countless times he's been right about the blind items that he has tease, and this one, if it's real, will cause some big drama. All right here it is this is a blind item that they just revealed on this website. It says it will happen late at night on a Friday. Now I'll stop there, because late at night on a Friday is one of these things where that's where they dump news.
Speaker 1: Sea Lane, you know as well as I do.
Speaker 2: This is where they put news that they want, like everybody to nobody attention.
Speaker 3: There's a less investigative journalism done on a Saturday or Sunday.
Speaker 2: Bingo, you're not paying any attention at all. It's late Friday night, people. Celebrities can die late Friday night and you won't remember by Monday. It won't happen. It will happen late at night on a f this says the word is it will be Memorial Day weekend, So it's even more of an area where you would stuff news that you don't want to see. Late at night on a Friday, Memorial Day weekend, the madam slash procureur will be pardoned and released from jail.
Speaker 14: WHOA.
Speaker 2: The deal is that she will leave the country and go into hiding. Now again, this is the website that has been right about an unbelievable amount of very shocking things that they have dropped over the years.
Speaker 1: Shocking things like the fact that.
Speaker 2: Charlie Sheen had HIV just to start, but there's so many more of these stories. I've followed this blind item website and seen it to be accurate many many, many, many many times over the years. Crazy Days and Nights is the name of the website. It's run by an attorney. Okay, so the person knows what they can say what they can't say on that kind of stuff. But when they say the word is it's going to be Friday, late at night, Memorial Day weekend, that madam slash procureur will be pardoned and released from jail, the deal is she will leave the country and go into hiding, and the revelation on the site is that this is going to be Gallaine Maxwell.
Speaker 1: And did we think it was any other madam?
Speaker 2: No, of course, but there there is like there is no shot that we would see a Gallaine Maxwell pardon and then just that person just shuffles off in the hiding and goes off to some other country. That would be I think I think that would get some people fired up. I really think there would be some people who would be fired up about this. Ted says, it wouldn't surprise me at all. Abraham says, is anyone really shocked? Yeh, I legitimately will be shocked if this happens. I will be shocked if this happens, because I don't think the public wants this to happen. Hell, I don't know if there's public polling about what people think about Gallaine Maxwell, Jeffrey Epstein's pal, but I would guess that her approval rating is probably in the gut or even more so than Congress. I would say that people probably dislike this woman and what she did, what she was convicted of. The only person who's been held accountable in all of this, Jeffrey Epstein nonsense, Well, yeah, Jeffrey was being held accountable until yeah, until question mark, right. I mean, we haven't really sorted that one out. I don't think you had. It never seems to end, but I'm telling you they're very accurate, and this is what it says. I'll read it for you one last time. It will happen late at night on a Friday. The word is it will be Memorial Day weekend that the Madam Slash Procure will be parted and released from jail. The deal is she will leave the country and go into hiding. Gallaine Maxwell is the reveal. But who on earth does that benefit? I don't think that that benefits anybody. Arno says, maybe she makes some deal in names names, but she did. They already did a long interview with her when they were releasing all of the Epstein stuff, and the interview ended up being released and.
Speaker 1: She didn't name any names there.
Speaker 2: There was no big jaw dropping shocking moments that happen there.
Speaker 1: I don't think this is going to happen.
Speaker 2: This is the place that usually is right about this, but I I think they might have this one totally wrong. We'll we'll see what happens. But what would your reaction be no matter where you're at on the political spectrum, would you be against that? Would you before that? You know, what would you think if this happened? Let us know tips at the news Junkie dot com. Tips at the Newsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 3: I mean, if this does happen, you know, does that make the powers that be that allowed it to happen look more guilty?
Speaker 1: I mean, it doesn't look good.
Speaker 2: It doesn't look good you release Ghleigh Maxwell, and I think almost everybody is going to be against that. I don't I can't picture a person who's gonna be like absolutely.
Speaker 1: Finally, it's about time.
Speaker 2: That one guy that hit on her.
Speaker 3: Lose his whole business because he was in the files and he was in the emails, just hitting on her, not having any knowledge of anything that went on, you know from what I saw, uh huh. But you know, it's a toxic thing to be involved with either of those names, big time. And like the top comment under this says that if Trump were to be on board with pardoning Gallayne Maxwell, it would be because.
Speaker 1: She had something on him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Johnny on TJ Chad says political suicide.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 2: I think this would be just shooting yourself in the foot. I I don't think there's any shot, but it would be mega interesting if that did happen. I think it would blow things up big. It would have to be him, right, He would have to be the one that signs the.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, big, big time.
Speaker 2: It would have to be Trump, it would do it, And I just don't I don't see that happening in the slightest. I think if anything, he wants he's done with all that stuff.
Speaker 1: He wants to move past all that.
Speaker 2: He doesn't think he can end the conversation and debate around any of these Epstein things, so he wants to move on to a Rahan or you know whatever other thing. And I don't think Trump would benefit. I don't think Republicans would benefit. I don't think anybody would benefit by doing this.
Speaker 3: What do you think? I what do you think is more? Would be? Would shock you more? If you woke up a Memorial Day weekend and read that Gallainne Maxwell had been pardoned and released from prison, or she had been found hanging in her cell.
Speaker 1: Both would be wild.
Speaker 2: Both of those would be But if she was pardon I would be absolutely My jaw would be on the floor if she was pardoned, if that actually happened.
Speaker 1: But we even have a date. They're saying Memorial Day weekend.
Speaker 3: This is one of the most specific, thick blind items I think I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: Friday night, in the middle of the night, Memorial Day weekend, Gahleainne Maxwell released with the deal that she's going to another country disappearing. The thought that that would somehow end all the Epstein talk is the most dumb idea I can think of. It would not end anything. It would be way worse. But we'll take your thoughts on that. Record your dispatch with your thoughts on this or anything else we talk about of the show. Over at thenewschunkie dot com Right now, a couple of emails coming in.
Speaker 1: This is a jr. Who says the tips of the news junkie dot com about.
Speaker 2: The red button blue button. Oh god, this is like the doomsday clock for me. Trying to describe what this whole phenomenon has been about. The phenomenon is what button do you push? There is a private vote everybody has to vote around the world. If you push the blue button and fifty plus percentage of people join you to push the blue button. Nobody dies if you push the If less than fifty percent of people push the blue button, then people who push the blue button die, right, I get it right. That time you push the red button, you live.
Speaker 3: Anybody who pushes the red button lives.
Speaker 2: They live no matter what, which is why the red button was such an obvious choice for me. The idea of the blue button is having faith in other people, which stop it. Stop having faith and other people. It just is not going to work out for you in the long run. Trust yourself, trust your family members, your loved ones, trust blood over water, trust your friends over people who you don't know, over strangers. Never put your trust justin randos. That's such a weird idea to do that with the empathy thing in mind, Like you know, these people are all good out there somehow. But anyhow, Jr. Says the tips of the news junker dot Com. I'm a podcast listener, so sorry, this isn't timely. The problem you presented and the way you played it out is just a way to cold dumb people who think before they act. The red button is the only reasonable choice to fix this. The following change to the experiment is needed. The participant is brought into a room with a red and blue button. You are not told who votes or how many people will be given the opportunity. If fifty percent or more people press the blue button, everyone lives. If less than fifty percent pressed the blue button, everyone in the world dies, except those who press the red button, including those who did not vote.
Speaker 1: Hope.
Speaker 2: This sparks some more in depth conversation that doesn't change it much. Not really my favorite take on this, and there was a lot of these coming in. My favorite take on this was that the biggest brain take is that everybody who's smart will hit the red button, and the people who hit the blue button are fair to wipe out anyways. And this is like, this is like when they called COVID a boomer eraser, you know what I mean. This is like that is the version of that, But we're getting rid of the dumbest people who just want to press the blue button because they trust everybody else around them will do the same press the red button. Speaking of red, Diana emails the show. Diana says, I'm watching the YouTube replay because I lose access to my work computer for three hours a day, three days a week. Unbelievable. Unbelievable. Red is definitely your color. You look great, says Diana. And I like how your face lights up when you talk to Courtney, so sweet, says Diana. Well, thank you, Diana. Number one, My face did not just light up when Courtney walked into the studio, Bob, it's ago because we've been a victim of a crime. They have been a victim of a crime at this house. And I don't know exactly who is responsible, but somebody is. And she said, look what's going on here. Somebody threw a Chick fil A sauce packet on top of our house. And I said, could could have been Christopher Dolores Lane, could have been Seelane, I don't know, could have been Josh fall Well, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know who.
Speaker 2: Did this, but it's on top of the roof of the house right now. You might call it a hate crime. I think I could call it a hate crime. And now I have to get up on top of the big ladder to get up there. And last time I did that, I legitimately, legitimately thought the end was nine. I thought I was done for. But otherwise, of love, seeing Courtney at the door for sure. Dortney, as they call her on the stream. Anonymous emails to show and says, good afternoon, Sean. I know you and CIL like the THCHC drinks and I did hear you mentioned something about it recently. Yeah, they're good to end your night on. It's a little bit here and there. So I wanted to tell you my husband and I tried these two last night.
Speaker 1: Anonymous, you and your husband.
Speaker 2: Are crazy, wow, absolutely crazy. She shares a photo of the ones that they tried out. She said, I had the fifty milligram berry flavored one and it was delicious. I wasn't a fan of my husband's sixty milligram cherry lime, but he loved it.
Speaker 1: We got it from a liquor store nearby.
Speaker 2: I love the show Wiggle Wiggle, Pop Pop fifty.
Speaker 1: I think I take five. But was this the one that looks like a liquor bottle where you just do shots of it?
Speaker 2: Though? No, it says high potency, low calorie on the can.
Speaker 1: It's like a like a sport.
Speaker 2: It's like a energy drink can and it's sixty milligrams some of them.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: That would have me spinning around and finally real quick Steve emails the show.
Speaker 1: Steve says Sean.
Speaker 2: Last night, I finally watched my first episode of Secret Shows thanks to snagging one of the gifted subs that somebody gave.
Speaker 1: It was the latest episode I Can Fix Her.
Speaker 2: And now I'm hooked into the adventures of Palette Man that have been featured.
Speaker 1: It's wild Secret Shows. It's a good time.
Speaker 2: I nearly lost it when Ceilane pressed the wrong button and nobody but Josh noted and you almost did a spig take. Look forward to the next one, and we'll be watching some of the other episodes this weekend as well.
Speaker 1: Thanks Steve, Thank you, Steve.
Speaker 2: Get In on the Secret Shows side of things, subscribe because there's a Secret Show tonight live at eight pm. You can watch on thenewsjunkie dot com if you're a subscriber, or you can gift subs over on the website click that gift icon. When we come back, a big change at a store that we all go to, Well, what is happening?
Speaker 1: Wait till you hear this that's coming up next on the.
Speaker 2: News, Chunky, this is not good for the youth out there. I'll give you a pretty stunning factoid here in just a moment, and then we'll get into more of your reactions, your dispatches, all of that good stuff. But I know that Celan has said, I think that Jackson does watch some YouTube, but he's on like kiddie YouTube. He's on there.
Speaker 3: We had to delete regular YouTube for him because of some of the stuff that was just coming up naturally in the whatever algorithm is driving some of the things.
Speaker 1: So it's so weird, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Isn't it weird that those things even exist that you have to like make sure people don't make weird videos that your kid ends up seeing. Well, he was.
Speaker 3: It would start with regular like kid stuff where he was trying to get videos of Paw Patrol or the super Kitties or whatever he likes to watch on there, and then the next recommended thing and the next recommended thing. Yeah, they just they get weirder and weirder. They do these videos. Well they'll take the same sound effect and do it high pitched, and do it low pitched, and do high pitched low pitch, and it's it's the most annoying thing.
Speaker 1: But the kids, I love it, Yeah, they do.
Speaker 3: And then there was one video where it looked like a first person shooter and h all kinds of weird sound effects in that, and then randomly some guy going, oh, hell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is what your kid was watching, Like what is going on? Let me read to you a little bit of this report because this is just crazy to consider, and a lot of you will have no idea that this is happening right now. This is storted from Gizmoto, the technology website, and they say, if you were a preschooler watching YouTube in twenty seventeen, perhaps you were having holes drilled and you're still developing brain by those elsa Gate era videos where shocking things happen to knockoff versions of Disney characters, kind of like what Celan was talking about there a bit. Almost a decade has passed now and YouTube has become an even more unsettling place on the whole. But from the sound of it, those same kids now today's tweens and teens have only upped their dosage of content thanks to devices and policies that enable content consumption at school. Here we go a Wall Street Journal report from Wednesday of this week about YouTube consumption on what are supposed to be educational devices included a jaw dropping fact. A seventh grader by the name of Ben Warren in Wichita, Kansas. Little Ben Warren, who is in seventh grade, reportedly managed to log thirteen thousand YouTube video views in three months from his school Google account during school. This kid is watching so much videto, I hope not the same one over and over and over again.
Speaker 1: Do shorts count as this?
Speaker 3: Because that was another reason I kind of wanted to get rid of the main YouTube app for the baby was that he would just like sit on a short for a while and it's like fifteen to thirty seconds, and it repeats over and over again. I'm like, dude, you gotta scroll. You need to scroll, or I'm going to lose my effing mind. Good question. I don't know if they say whether there's shorts or regular videos. One anonymous tenth grader in Oregon, according to the Wall Street Journal, logged two hundred video views in one school morning last month. By my math, Warren was averaging one hundred and forty four shorts per day across his entire heavy viewing period. Another student in Oregon watched two hundred and forty minutes. It's four hours of YouTube in one day. The kids are just glued to YouTube, I guess. And that one student had been placed in an addiction treatment program. Okay, Boston Children's Hospital because of his YouTube addiction, which I mean, what, parents, what do we think about that the kid is on YouTube for four hours in a day.
Speaker 2: Do you put them in an addiction treatment program? Or am I crazy here?
Speaker 1: Do you just tell them no more YouTube? Yeah? Yeah, as this where we're at now.
Speaker 2: It was very easy to delete. You know, you can just delete it, delete the app. Have some control over your kids. You're gonna go in an in person addiction treatment program at Boston Children's Hospital for this kid who was a tenth grader. A tenth grader, no, no, yeah, a tenth grader I think was the one responsible for this who watched four hours of YouTube in a day and they brought him to an addiction treatment program.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, what.
Speaker 2: Do we not parent anymore? We just say now it's an addiction treatment program. That's what we're doing. For the record, Warren probably hasn't been attentively sitting through long form videos like mister Beast, if that's what you're imagining. According to the Wall Street Journal, he had been using a school iPad to endlessly swipe TikTok Scott style on YouTube shorts. Yeah, frequently ingesting headshot, gloring, glorifying content about Fortnite, a game he wasn't even allowed to play. So they go on and on and on. This is after mind you. We had that whole lawsuit. We're Google and YouTube and I think Facebook lost. They lost in this lawsuit against this young woman who said that she was addicted to the harmful products that they put out, and a jury awarded her three million dollars. But now we have kids that are on these There are school issued iPads, which I don't even know why they can access YouTube on the school issued iPad.
Speaker 1: They should be locked down. They should have.
Speaker 3: Apple Device Management or whatever to keep them from downloading that unless there's some reason why the school wants YouTube to be on there, if there's an educational purpose. But it seems like that's kind of a big loophole for them. If they're logging thirteen thousand views in three months.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it seems like it would be easy just to say, okay, nothing from the domain YouTube, none of the YouTube app stuff, boom, easy thing, and then any of the kids out there just have the parents. I would imagine that their parents would be watched what they're doing. At least that's what I would hope it was happening there. Ex Swimmer says four hours. Isn't this show four hours a day? Loll Do I need detox? I wouldn't think so. Although it is called the news junkie. On that account, maybe you would consider it for a second. But it's just crazy to me how how all this is shaping up with kids and so much of it now is like the schools need to do this, or the state needs to jump in, or the companies need to pay millions of dollars to the kids. All of this from parents seems to be completely outsourced. It seems to be completely outsourced. Just crazy, crazy to see. Let us know what you think about that Senate dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com. All right, here is a couple of dispatches here about the airplane guy, the guy who had the meltdown of the airplane.
Speaker 1: Here's tree climber. All right, I.
Speaker 8: Though think that the airplane man should be punished. No, I did a good thing opening that door. I don't know if I would open the door.
Speaker 2: But I would want somebody to do it, not kick it down and be all aggressive, but just open it and then get that slide and we're gonna all slide down and get.
Speaker 8: Off that page, all right.
Speaker 20: I'd like if we go to slide down instead of go back to the terminal.
Speaker 8: That's my opinion. This is Kate, this is louder.
Speaker 2: Hopefully you can hear me.
Speaker 1: A little bit.
Speaker 2: You're still whispery, but I could hear you a little bit louder there, Kate.
Speaker 1: Thank you for that, she says.
Speaker 2: The guy who had the freak out on the airplane was definitely going to get in trouble. Shouldn't get in trouble at all. And here's one more. This is let's see here. Here is a Joseph for the dispatch for US.
Speaker 21: I say, for all the people are in jail for capital punishment, and I'm blaiting for the death bound ingata out to put him on an airplane, handcuff him and send him to Iran. Fight for our country. If you make it, you make it. If you're not, you're not good buying.
Speaker 2: Good luck, all right, thank you, thank you for that strange IDEA Joseph appreciate that. Well. We got more of your dispatches and emails coming in, and I appreciate you for them, keep sending those along here over on the website. Big thanks. By the way, we've got gifted subs flowing in from the unforgivable gifter, the man who keeps coming at it, Sunstate John donating in this case twelve gifted subs. What a sweet man you can claim right now you can get ready for Oh there's somebody before that too. Shoot somebody else psyclonus with five gifted subs as well. Both of you appreciate that so much. I will put this up on the scoreboard of the leaderboard so everybody can see who's given the most. That's much much appreciated. But those are available for you to claim right now before Secret shows tonight at eight pm over on the news Junkie dot com. Get those gifted subs while you can. Let me just take a peek real quick before we get set up for Fritz on the Street.
Speaker 1: Met me just see.
Speaker 2: We got fourteen gifted subs available right now from sun Stag John and Cyclones. Not last long, no grab those. They're usually gone within like a matter of seconds. Or a minute or so, so go get them right now before Secret shows tonight.
Speaker 1: We're back in just a moment. Fritz on the Street.
Speaker 2: If you want us to play for you, now's the time to get our attention, not by throwing a Chick fil A sauce packet on top of the roof of my house, but hopefully from just sitting in chat and trying to get us to fight for you and Fritz on the Street. And we'll do that. Fritz on the Street is coming up next in the news.
Speaker 1: Chunk kie.
Speaker 2: Everybody's locked in and set up. We're ready to do Fritz on the Street. I see that more good guy Don over there, Don, how are you hello?
Speaker 1: I just couldn't be any better. I got to tell you something. He showed up nice and early for intimidation factor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he doesn't need to do that, because already people were saying, why even try. We all know that Don is going to win the game today. I was like, well, you know, give us a shot at least, let's see.
Speaker 1: You know, even a blind hog roots up a tator from time to time.
Speaker 2: I did good last week. Yeah I say that all the time. Yeah, I do that too.
Speaker 1: Our friend Fritz is joining us here in this studio.
Speaker 2: And you can be part of this when it actually goes down every single week when Fritz does Fritz's Funhouse Trivia. Well, right now it's time to do it on the radio. I guess we announced who we picked first of all, we usually do that all started. I picked Dispatch Dan over in TNJ Chat. Dispatch Dan. I will be representing him. Whether he likes it or not. It's probably not for the best for him in this game, but I'll be representing Dispatch Dan. What about uc LEG?
Speaker 1: I picked Paul Meadow on the texting service?
Speaker 2: All right, Paula, don have you selected anybody to represent?
Speaker 9: I have not. You want to choose for me? And then the next next week, I'll make sure I've got somebody. Well, let me tell you something.
Speaker 2: If you want to look at chat or anything during the break, they're all going to be asking you to represent themsel I'll just I'll just give you one of them. How about now a lot of people here? How about ghost Bird? All right? All right, ghosts ghost Bird will be with Don and Fritz on the street today. And that gets us all set and ready to go. I think Fritz, you ready to do this, I.
Speaker 8: Think so I said I was ready last week and then we had that kerfuffle, So no.
Speaker 1: You got it. You got it today. Let's do Fritz on the Street now, time for.
Speaker 8: It's like the parachute has Agen Hi Sean Hi, Don, Hi, Christopher Lane, Hello Fritz. Fritz on the Street sponsored by that mortgage guy Don. He's to the left of me and he's always on your right side of life. If you need to buy a house, sell a house, refinance you name it. And you can also listen to the radio show every Saturday nine am to ten thirty am on Real Radio one oh four point one. We talk about everything from uh, you know, International Pie Day to also you know why you should you know, get an appraisal on your home and also compare quotes and don't miss the boat go to home Loans Radio dot com and or that mortgage guy Don dot com tells the dot com I love it. In first place on Fritz on the Street with one hundred and seven points mister Christopher Lane, in second place with ninety five points mister Don. And in third places I don't know your last name, and in third place with seventy seven points mister Shawn Watson. So one oh seven ninety five seventy seven. I ask eight questions for current event questions and four general knowledge trivia questions to patrons of the bar Covos Bar and Kitchen each Tuesday night after Fritz's Funhouse Trivia in Thornton Park. That's downtown Orlando, Florida. And I got nine participants. They have all answered to the best of their ability. Everything has been edited. You have to chime in for that bonus point and guess how many out of eight got it right.
Speaker 1: Sounds good. I think we're all set. I'm ready.
Speaker 8: Question number one, without further ad you, last week, which Major League Baseball organization fired most of its coaching staff?
Speaker 2: Ooh, Sean sewn.
Speaker 1: New York Yankees.
Speaker 8: New York Yankees is incorrect. Houston Astros that is also incorrect.
Speaker 1: I have no clue. Let's say Atlanta.
Speaker 8: That would be the Boston Red Size.
Speaker 1: Ah shut it down.
Speaker 8: Seelan are in first place. Let's start with you. Out of eight answers, how many do you think said Boston.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go three three mm all go h two two for Sean.
Speaker 1: I'll take the over, four and four for Dawn.
Speaker 8: Question number one with answers of two.
Speaker 7: Three and four ding ding ding ding ding ding.
Speaker 8: Someone's picking up their two points. You know it was based last week. Which Major League Baseball organization fired most of its coaching staff.
Speaker 6: I should know this.
Speaker 1: The Red Sox. I hope it's because the White Sox.
Speaker 16: The Red Sox, Guardians, Red Sox, the Orioles.
Speaker 8: That would be three, so Sea Lean is picking up two points on that one. Sean and Don with your guess up two and four, picking up one point each.
Speaker 2: I'll take it. I'll take it.
Speaker 8: Question two, now, what American group released the landmark nineteen sixty six album Pet Sounds The Beach Boys? The Beach Boys is correct? Out of eight answers, how many do you think said the Beach Boys?
Speaker 2: I will go six six Mmm, I'll take seven, seven.
Speaker 1: For Sean Royal. I'll go five and five for down.
Speaker 8: You know you can also pick the same number, just just to clarify question two. I didn't know if he didn't, I wasn't sure. Question question two, with answers of five, six.
Speaker 6: And seven, ding ding ding ding ding ding.
Speaker 8: Somebody knows they're classic hits. What American group released the landmark nineteen sixty six album, pet Sounds.
Speaker 10: The beach Boys, the beach Boys, beach twice, the beach Boys.
Speaker 2: Let's go, Tom Petty beach Boys, beach Boys, beach Boys.
Speaker 8: That would be seven, Seawan is picking up two points. Yeah, and Sea Land with a guess of six, picking up one point. Question three now, with six questions remaining on Tuesday, which member of the royal family addressed both King Charles Charles is correct? Full question? Which member of the royal family addressed both Chambers of Congress Celion? Out of eight answers, how many do you think, said King Charles, eight, eight, six, six for sewn seven and seven for dawn. Question three with answers of six, seven and eight, Let's see who knows. On Tuesday, which member of the royal family with the Chambers of Congress.
Speaker 1: Prince William, Prince Andrew.
Speaker 8: King, Charles, Oh, King Charles.
Speaker 2: Prince Andrew King, Charles, King, Charles, King Charles.
Speaker 8: That would be five, So Sean with the guest of six picking up one point. Question four is up next.
Speaker 1: That's the Andrew.
Speaker 2: Come on, guys, several said, hasn't even banished from like you know all of Yeah, No, nobody likes that guy.
Speaker 8: He's not allowed to breathe anymore. Question four is a halfway point after question four. I will tell you who is leading so far on the day. Question four goes like the which president ended US participation in the Vietnam War?
Speaker 1: Don?
Speaker 2: Don Nixon?
Speaker 8: Nixon is correct?
Speaker 2: Don?
Speaker 8: Out of eight answers, how many do you think, said Richard Nixon?
Speaker 2: Five?
Speaker 8: Five for four for Sea Lane?
Speaker 1: A couple of people probably, said Prince Andrew.
Speaker 8: Did for Sean. Question four with answers of three, four and.
Speaker 6: Five, Ding ding ding ding ding ding.
Speaker 8: Someone knows their tricky, Dicky? Who is it?
Speaker 1: Uh? Oh?
Speaker 2: Is it plain? Not yet?
Speaker 8: Maybe it's over here, Maybe it's over here. Which president ended US participation in the Vietnam War?
Speaker 6: Nixon?
Speaker 1: Nixon?
Speaker 8: I got Kennedy.
Speaker 1: Johnson, Jimmy Carter Nixon.
Speaker 8: That would be three. So Sean is picking up two points on that one, and but I guess of four picking up one point. That means, with four down and four remaining in first place, we have a tie six points each. Sea Lane slash Paul Meadow and Sean slash Dispatch Dan in third place with two points, Don slash Ghost Bird. Moving on now the question five, with four remaining recently, which oil producing nation announced plans to leave Opek?
Speaker 1: Don?
Speaker 2: Don?
Speaker 8: That is correct, United Arab Emirates.
Speaker 12: Don.
Speaker 8: Out of eight answers, how many do you think said the United Arab Emirates or u AE?
Speaker 2: Three?
Speaker 8: Three, two, two for Sea Lane three and three for sean. Question five, with answers of two and three, everything I write, yeah, got.
Speaker 2: Here we go?
Speaker 8: Recently? Which oil producing nation announced planes to leave Opek?
Speaker 21: Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iran, Iran, can I pass?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm not good with these questions?
Speaker 6: Saudi Arabia, Saudi Arabia.
Speaker 8: Wow, it would be zero goose egg the Apon ray or goose egg? No points awarded. Three questions now remain. Question six, which apes name means quote man of the forest? Unquote shun chunk.
Speaker 1: Chimpanze is incorrect?
Speaker 8: Which means man of the forest.
Speaker 1: I can't even really name that many apes? And gorilla that is incorrect? Donn Orangutan that is correct?
Speaker 9: Wow, thanks for reading out the wrong answers, guys, I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: The first half was so loaded with like soft questions, and then the second.
Speaker 1: Half is UAE and orangutan, damn don.
Speaker 8: Out of eight answers, how many do you think said a rangutan man.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go.
Speaker 8: One, one, three, three for Sean two and two for sea lane. Question six with answers of one, two and three, who knows the monkeys? Which ape's name means? Quote man of the forest.
Speaker 16: Unquote, tarzan, orangutan, sasquatch, god zilla, rangutan, orangutan.
Speaker 8: That would be five, So no points aworded on that one.
Speaker 1: That was depressing. Yeah, I feel it too.
Speaker 8: Two questions remaining. Question seven. Over the weekend, a gunman allegedly opened fire, during which annual Washington DCONN the Correspondence Dinner correspondence is correct.
Speaker 2: Come on, he's doing it so stupid. It's like it's like the runner that like strapped a bunch of weights to himself just to see if he could try to his medal a little more.
Speaker 8: Andy has a parachute behind him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, second time, let me give him a little bit of a head start, and then second half all start sprinting.
Speaker 8: Okay, during which annual Washington DC event rounds out that question don Out of eight answers, how many do you think said the White House Correspondence Dinner w HCD Sevesta Radio, Let's go six seven, eight, and eight for Shawn. Question seven with answers of six, seven.
Speaker 6: And eight sting Ding Ding Ding ding Ding.
Speaker 8: Someone knows it?
Speaker 1: Who could have?
Speaker 8: Over the weekend a gunman allegedly opened fire during which annual Washington DC event Correspondence Dinner.
Speaker 2: Press Correspondence, Dinner, the White House Correspondence Dinner.
Speaker 13: Correspondence, Dinner Correspondence, White House Press Correspondence Center, Corresponds Center.
Speaker 8: White House Correspondent Center, the White House Correspondence. That would be eight. So Sean is picking up two points, and Sea Lane with a guess of seven, picking up one point. One question remaining now, but before we do, let's take a look at the leaderboard. In first place with eight points Sean slash Dispatch Dan, in second place with seven points, Sea Lane slash Paul Meadow, and in third place with five points Don slash Ghost Bird. So eight, seven and five. Question eight goes like this, what is the capital of Indonesia?
Speaker 1: Celan Selan Jakarta? That is correct.
Speaker 6: Selane.
Speaker 8: Out of eight answers, how many do you think said Jakartar five?
Speaker 2: Five that's two high.
Speaker 8: Four four for Sean, three and three four Dawn. Question eight, This one's for all the marbles. Question eight with answers of three, four and five. And what is the capital of Indonesia? Pass?
Speaker 16: Kuala Lumport, Jakarta, Nice, Jakarta, Cambodia.
Speaker 1: I'm out of capitals.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry, yeah, pass that would be two. So Don with I guess of three, picking up one point, and we end the day VUSI with eight points each.
Speaker 1: We have a tie.
Speaker 8: Hurrah, Sea Lane slash Paul Meadow and Sean slash Dispatch Dan. Congratulations to those two. And in third place, just two points behind, but six points Don slash Ghost Bird. That means the new total car in first place and still leading on Fritz on the Street with one hundred and fifteen points, Christopher Lane in second place with one hundred and one points. You broke one hundred Don that mortgage, guy, Don. And in third place with Wilson and that is Frits on the Street.
Speaker 2: Goes Lo. He came, he saw he conquered Fritz with Fritz on the Street once more.
Speaker 8: In something for Jack Bradshaw.
Speaker 2: So look at this man. It's the man of many talents around here. But we want to say to Dispatch Dan who I was playing for? And Paul Meadow, I think who Sealane was playing for your our winners today, email me tips tips at the News Junkie dot com and I'll hook you up with a great prize. Easy as that you can join us here on the show with dispatches, emails and all the rest. And more importantly, you can join Fritz every single week when he's out there doing Fritz's Funhouse Trivia.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 1: I was telling Fritz.
Speaker 2: I was talking to one of the guys over there at Cavos where he does this Fritz his Funhouse Trivia a lot of time, and they just they didn't have any They couldn't say enough good things about Fritz's Trivia night, the amount of people that it brings in, the people who are just so dedicated to showing up for this. And I think you should be too, So make sure you're following along with Fritz on all social media.
Speaker 1: I catch a Ryan Holmes in that dance there.
Speaker 8: I think Ryan Holmes and uh, let's see, we had twelve teams on Tuesday, which.
Speaker 1: Is without his wife again, because I hear that's like his new.
Speaker 8: Thing is he was he went to do comedy across the street and then when.
Speaker 2: He failed and then went over, Yeah, when.
Speaker 8: He's done, basically he just walks across the street and hangs out for a little bit, has a little bit of the you know, like I don't know a drink, and then he's like, all right, I gotta wake up in four hours.
Speaker 3: Then I was gonna say, does does Ryan let loose on a on a Tuesday? And he's not getting you know, read his contract to the adoring public drunk?
Speaker 6: Is he No?
Speaker 8: He's like, you know, he's a professional comedian. So he shows up and he just paces in the parking lot and then he kicks the door in and then then he's out.
Speaker 3: He's working on a bunch of new material. He told me, is Zam all right, Well, I never trust him. I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't don't trust that guy as far as I could throw him. But he is a nice dude. He is very funny and I think one thousand percent. Oh, by the way, I second this from Rachel on YouTube. Let's just throw this out there into the ether. Rachel says, man Fritz, in my humble opinion, could be huge in the voiceover world. He could have the perfect cartoon voice. Well, I'll tell you he does a lot of acting and theme stuff. And if you don't know what Fort Fritz is, and you know what all that very very creative outlet stuff is that Fritz has done over the years, I would encourage you to go check it out.
Speaker 1: Is there more Fort Fritz episodes in the works?
Speaker 8: We are thinking about it. We have like a hundred stories pretty much in the can. So we're just kind of biting our time to get the next season done. We just don't know when it's going to be. It might be next year. I would imagine next year.
Speaker 2: Perfect amount to take that and then somebody like option it, turn it into something, turn it into like a series, or there's a lot of stuff that can happen with that. All right, we love you, Fritz. We appreciate you. There we go, Frit's on the street. Don you want to hang out with us for a bit here? Sure if you want me to. I've got a little time. All right, we'll see, We'll see what's going on with Donn in just a moment. We got a lot more stories to get into. I got the story about this store that we all go to that is changing everything. What's happening that's coming up next. I'm gonna use junkie. I know the listeners, I know them and I know what they want. But this is one where I say, hey, I think I'm actually outside of the norm on this our friend that mortgage guy, Don hanging out with us here on the show as we roll on it, just to get to know a little something about you in a tiny way. Don. If you are at the store, you're ready to check out, and you have the opportunity to interact with a real live human with a pulse and everything, or to go self checkout, Which one of those things are you choosing?
Speaker 9: And well, I would say it depends on the number of items that I have. Like, if I have one or two things, I'm going to just try and do the automatic checkout and be out of there. But if I've got to juggle seven things and balance them on the thing and all that, I'm not gonna do it. So it's not about the interaction, it's about what's easy for me. Practically, I use the self checkout sometimes as a glorified express lane. That's sometimes even a little bit more express. But also if I have the baby with me, it's usually the person I'm not trying to That.
Speaker 1: Makes sense, I get it.
Speaker 2: You're distracted by the baby and all that stuff. For me, I absolutely agree. I think it was Bootsy who said over on chat, everywhere outside of Costco, give me the self checkout. Costco self checkout is a nightmare, is a healthscape.
Speaker 1: It's back.
Speaker 3: We used to use Costco self checkout because that was the way that you got away with using somebody else's Costco card. So we would bring you know, because they didn't for a while there, until they started cracking down on this, they didn't really check your picture that hard. They would just like kind of glance at it, or you would just wave your thing at them as you walked in the door, and they're like, cool, you're good to go. And then when you check out, they scan it. So they might look a little harder at what your picture is, but not if you scan it itself checkout.
Speaker 2: I mean maybe again, I think I'm in the minority on this. But when I look at this and I think about those decisions, I'll get into the story about this. In a moment, all I think about is I love so much more just putting my stuff up there. Nobody's judging what I'm buying. There's no small talk going on. With some employee that doesn't really want to talk to me to begin with, and I don't really care about talking to them. So much better and easier, and I like it in so many ways. Actually I prefer that, but I know most people don't seem to. But when I see the story that says Walmart is getting rid of self checkouts and switching back to traditional lanes they were mostly self checkout, I thought, yeah, I don't believe it. I don't believe anybody's going back on this. I don't believe they're putting that genie back into the lamp. I don't know.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 2: Once these companies realize that they can get rid of the employees that they have to pay, the labor becomes so much cheaper, and they can keep an eye on things in a different way. Maybe one employee is watching four or five or six maybe even more self checkouts. There's no way they're going back to hiring actual humans at the checkout lanes.
Speaker 1: It's just not happening.
Speaker 3: What Walmart needs to do is finally admit that their situation, their process is annoying, and enable tap to pay, Because right now it's like you can scan your candor. I don't think so. I think they have it turned off because they want you to use the Walmart app, because you can pay for your stuff in the Walmart app, or you could use like a card swipe of stuff, but you can't use like your your Apple pay or any of that stuff at Walmart.
Speaker 2: Right. Ted says, I'll do self check out when I get ten percent off for doing their job. Good luck. Ted Keith says, Sean just doesn't want to talk to the peasants.
Speaker 1: I just have said it a million times in the show.
Speaker 2: I don't care about the small talk stuff at a grocery store with the grocery store employee. And it's always the case that you sit there and they go, huh, looks like you're making a pasta tonight, you know, the pasta sauce and the pepperona Okay, whatever. I don't need you examining what I'm buying. Just let me go here, I don't buy and then taking a look at what I'm buying. Sometimes why, one time it helped me out. And I'll say that because one time I didn't have my ID on me and they asked for it, and I was like, oh, I don't have any idea on me, and they kind of looked and then then she looks at the manager, and the manager looks at the at the conveyor belt and I have red wine and tampons on the conveyor belt. And the manager was like, yeah, he needs this. I think I think we need we.
Speaker 3: Need to to let him through with this.
Speaker 1: Well, we trust him.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 9: It's even you know, it's even better than the than the self checkout at Walmart. Is uh, I do Walmart delivery, then you don't even have to go there, just shows up at your house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but do they jack up the cost of whatever you bought by like a bunch of different delivery fees and stuff.
Speaker 9: I figured out it costs me maybe five or ten bucks more, and it means I don't go to Walmart.
Speaker 2: It's not bad.
Speaker 6: That's not bad.
Speaker 3: Actually that's kind of a yeah, it's kind of worth It's a convenience tax, right, Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 2: That's not bad. If you can make that make sense, it makes it like then you don't have to go into the crowds of people.
Speaker 1: Let's be honest.
Speaker 2: Walmart is Although it's good people watching, it is great people watching, it's not like, somebody's it going there.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh please, I need to.
Speaker 2: Get done with this as fast as I possibly can.
Speaker 3: Have some good, some good cheap T shirts there at Walmart, and I'll tell you that is.
Speaker 2: That a Walmart T shirt? This is not No, I got this for Christmas. But there's a couple others that what is this missing kids T shirt? Oh it's a cassette tape? Man? Oh have you seen me a cassette tape? Is this about the state of affairs in the music industry? Sure, yes, that's It's exactly I knew. I knew what you were going to talk about going into this.
Speaker 1: What you knew?
Speaker 3: What what was I going to talk about? Your your music thing? Your your music sucks?
Speaker 2: Now takee I that's not my take, really, I'm just saying that, what kind of is my take?
Speaker 18: Right?
Speaker 1: Broke him?
Speaker 2: The current onslaught of artists that we have seems to be kind of soft right now. I don't I don't know that we have like the best, the best of the bunch musicians popping out right now. And this is seems like one of those back in my day type things, probably because it is. But I saw not that long ago somebody was somebody's rattling off a year. They said, this year was a great year for music, and they said, Prince put this out and this was out, and this album was out and this went down.
Speaker 1: And this one out, and I go, what do we got right now? And every generation, all people who look at it right now are like, yeah, I don't know. I don't know if this is the best that we have for everybody.
Speaker 2: I think it does seem a little soft. Are you into anybody in particular? Is there new music that you're into right now? Don I can't. I can't think of anybody. No, not really. See you listen to all older stuff, like stuff that is from like the nineties, two thousands, whatever.
Speaker 9: I mean, I listen to new stuff. There's a cool thing on Spotify I like, which is like every Friday, It's like New Artists Friday, and you can you can just put it on and listen to it in the background and you hear some cool stuff.
Speaker 2: But I don't.
Speaker 9: I'm not really like, you know, on top of any anybody new as a big feature artist.
Speaker 2: So many of them that will pop out right now will be famous for like three weeks and then recycled right through to the next person unbelievably fast. It feels so like the process of somebody being famous and then disappearing has never been I don't think as quick as it is now. Anyhow, we'll take your feedback and all the rest of that stuff. Our friend Don is going to help you out when it's time for you to get at a new home and you want to make sure you get a great deal on your mortgage. It's in his name, that mortgage guy, Don. It's on his birth certificate. I believe trademarks is a trademark. Trademark for gods sake, this is the guy. Is now a good time to buy a house?
Speaker 21: Don?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? Yeah.
Speaker 9: The rates are at near three year lows. It's a great time. There's a lot of inventory, a lot of houses on the market, so it's a fantastic time. And I can tell because we're super duper busy.
Speaker 1: Nice good. Yeah, that's I mean.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of people right now are unsure of like doing some of these things, and they go, I should do maybe I should try this on my own. I can tell you from experience, don't You'll you'll absolutely make a decision where afterwards somebody like Don will tell you, well, if you would have called me, you could have saved money, you could have got more opportunities, you could have got better rates. That's the deal. That's why there's so many people right now in chat saying like Jill Don is amazing with mortgages. This is how he's going to help you out. So how can people learn more if they're just a little curious, or how can they figure out how to get a great mortgage deal with you right now?
Speaker 9: Well, I'll tell you on my you can follow me on Instagram at that Mortgage Guy Don, and we've got up there three hundred and you know, on my on my web page at that Mortgage Guy Don, over three hundred and forty episodes of the radio show where I do questions and answers about mortgages. I mean, it might not sound like a lot, but when you only do one every Saturday, three hundred and forty is a is a long stretch, it is, Yeah, And so a lot of people go on there. I have people that first time homebuyers that teld me they listened to the podcast for a year before they you know, before they called and started to look into getting their first research home yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So if you're probably it's the biggest purchase of their lives, right, sure. Yeah, that's why number one you want to do some research. You want to listen to that mortgage guide Don. And then number two because it's the biggest purchase of your life for most people. You want to make sure you're you've probably never done this before. I never had done it before I got a house. You want to make sure somebody who has done it a lot of times, like Don, is along for the ride. So I have a mortgage guy Don dot com. Make sure you check him out.
Speaker 3: I have a quick question, just pure curiosity about the radio show.
Speaker 1: All right, has Fritz ever had to hit the dump button on you? Fritz has never had to hit the dump button on me? However, is a different story.
Speaker 9: Yes, how many times I don't want to get in home more than one? Let's say that she gets rolling. She's got a little bit of dyslexia, so sometimes she'll say things that are twisted, and you can see Fritz's hand just goes over and hovers over the dump button when she gets.
Speaker 1: I meant to say fun sucker.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sometimes you you know, it happens, It happens every every show out there. It's a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: Even sweet professional miss Amy Kaufeld had to had to be the recipient of a dumb button very recently.
Speaker 2: It happens to everybody, so make sure you're checking them out. That mortgage guy Don, that mortgage guy Don dot com. Don, thanks for hanging out with us today.
Speaker 1: Of course, Man, thanks for having me on. I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: There he goes. We're gonna take a quick break when we come back. Jury duty on the way. Big updates on stories we have been following on the show, and that is coming up next on the News Junkie. Just taking a look. We had even more gifted subs coming in. Cyclonis had gifted five twelve from Sun Stage on and then DJ Rage had gifted thirteen subs. There are just a handful left. And just so you know, if you create an account at the Newsjunkie dot com Thenewsjunki dot com, it takes you like a second. And when somebody gifts subs and they're generous like that, you can claim yours for a free month of video and audio secret shows just by clicking a button. Claim now and it's yours, just like that, So go get those remaining final the remaining final subs over at thenews junkie dot com. All right, here we go, let's do it. Let's do where's there it is, Let's do jury duty.
Speaker 15: Court is now in session, So put your phone down and pay attention before we call the bailiff over to whip your ass.
Speaker 1: You're knowing Jury Duty with the News Junkie.
Speaker 2: Jury Duty brought to you by the one the only mo wits of the DeWitt Law Firm. Injured on the go, just call MO eight hundred, Call eight hundred calm or go to just CALLMO dot com after an accident. Picked the attorney that's going to help you out. You know they're there for you. You know that they're going to be by your side. You know that they are going to lead you to the finish line in that big check. So check it out. Over it to just call MO dot com. This is gonna be a long segment. I just saw the segment. Times says, I got talked for an hour. What come on, I can't do they can't do it. I can't do this. In the Power Hour coming up in a bit, I've got a fantastic story for you and a and a clip that you just absolutely have to see. But before we get to that, this is something I'd never heard of before. I didn't know that this was a big deal in any way, but I guess ann Arbor Michigan decided to make a move. Let me bring this up an arbor. Uh Okay, So ann Arbor, Michigan decided to make a move to Ruin to remove all of their neighborhood watch signs that were throughout the area. And they said that the neighborhood watch signs sent the wrong message.
Speaker 1: As in, like this is a dangerous neighborhood that.
Speaker 2: I've never I literally never met anybody in my life that's been against neighborhood crime watch signs. They usually just mean like, hey, in this area, there's people who are keeping their eyes out there. And then but the story says more than seriously, I'm like, do we Who is the only I couldn't. I could only name one person that has been a neighborhood watch George George Zimmerman. He didn't give a good name of the neighborhood watch people off to a bad start. I get it. I understand that's the thing, But I have never heard of anybody being against neighborhood crime watch signs, like this is about a neighborhood that cares about what's going on enough to keep an eye on things happening out there.
Speaker 1: This is this a snitch thing?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: What's the resistance? I think?
Speaker 2: For me?
Speaker 3: I mean I don't care. Personally, I don't think I have them in my neighborhood. But I could see where somebody would go, Well, my neighborhood, you know, we don't have the signs because it makes makes people think that the neighborhood needs watch.
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 2: I don't view it that way. When I see neighborhood watch signs, I actually think it's a better neighborhood. I think my head, I go, all right, they're focused around here. They've cared enough to put up the sign. At least when I see broken windows, I think that's some bad going on.
Speaker 3: I prefer to just look around at the neighborhood and be like, is this place an s whole?
Speaker 2: Yes or no.
Speaker 3: I don't gauge it by their number of neighborhood watch signs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is weird.
Speaker 2: More than six hundred neighborhood crime watch signs have been removed across ann Arbor Michigan, marking the end of a program officials say has been inactive for decades. Inactive, isn't it just like a kind of unofficial thing that happens around your neighborhood more so than anything. Yes. City leaders say the signs no longer reflect how public safety is handled today. They point to research showing the signage does not reduce crime and can sent an unwelcoming message in neighborhoods. Bro, if you walk into a neighborhood and you see a crime watch sign and it makes you feel unwelcome, I want you to be unwelcome.
Speaker 1: M Okay.
Speaker 2: If you go into a neighborhood and you see a neighborhood crime watch on, you're like, well this actually this makes me feel good. Why would you ever feel unwelcome by the crime watch sign unless you were trying to commit a crime? WHOA, Well, they don't allow crimes here. This is ridiculous. What's happening? Crews took down the signs over several weeks. They spent tens of thousands of dollars to remove these signs.
Speaker 1: Wait what wait?
Speaker 3: Why they why does it cost tens of thousands of dollars? To take signs down.
Speaker 2: It took them several weeks to go around and get all six hundred of them and to remove them and cover up where they were and stuff.
Speaker 3: Why don't they just have the people who are actually part of the neighborhood watch as their final duty to just get out there with a with a drill and.
Speaker 2: Goodbye taps is playing in the background, and come out and take the neighborhood crime Watch sign, fold the flag or something. It says. Cruise took down the sides over several weeks, with the final one removed on Princeton Avenue. The city says all signs will be recycled. Oh great, that's like we care about recycling good crime watch bad?
Speaker 1: Like what even is this?
Speaker 2: Neighborhood watch signs are expressions of exclusion, exclusion of what criminals, and they're inconsistent with our values. Ann Arbor is a welcoming community. We don't want to push people away. We want to welcome folks in, says the mayor, Christopher Taylor.
Speaker 1: What what is going on? What what is going on?
Speaker 2: Neighborhood watch signs are expressions of exclusion. Yeah, for people who want to rob the houses in the neighborhood again you want, I don't want to go on another thing.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't know if I need to. I don't know if I need to. But again, I think these are the policies of a few weirdos harming almost always poor neighborhoods because they say to the poor neighbor as well, neighborhood watch, we don't need to do that's an exclusive thing.
Speaker 2: It's exclusion. They're expressions of exclusion. And then these people will undoubtedly retire for the day or the week or the weekend into their their gated neighborhoods and subdivisions where they're free of any kind of any kind of a prosecution from the decisions that they foresaw on everybody else.
Speaker 1: That's what happens.
Speaker 2: The neighborhood watch signs are expressions of exclusion and are inconsistent with our values.
Speaker 1: Buddy, When you're.
Speaker 2: Against neighborhood watch, or like people being against crimes and stuff, what's next? Somebody says, bring back McGruff, Like McGruff would be a sign against exclusion. Now, smoke you the bear. Oh no, no, smokey the bear out of here.
Speaker 3: Like if you had a police officer move in next door and you're like, whoa, whoa, whoa, this is not the place for you.
Speaker 1: This is like even less than a cop.
Speaker 2: If you were a copy could go well, police serve, and you can make some argument against this. But I think most people like, is there an idea here? Is there an unhinged idea? Unhinged idea probably from some like, you know, college educated white person would be my guest, just a guest, don't know, just a guess, just a guess, don't know. But is there some unhinged idea here that having a neighborhood watch is like an exclusively white thing to do, or it's racist against black people, because.
Speaker 1: That's kind of racist.
Speaker 2: Honestly, that's kind of a racist. Like neighborhood watch is fine everybody, It's totally fine.
Speaker 3: Somebody says on the Texan Service ann arbor is nice, but super liberal? Is this a a political sides thing? Is Would we think it's a liberal thing to get rid of neighborhood watch signs and call them exclusive or signs of exclusion?
Speaker 2: I don't even know that those words mean anything anymore. But if you say, like political left or political right, if either one of those wants to attach them to selves to being like against neighborhood watch or specifically against neighborhood watch signs. I don't think normal people give a damn about this stuff. I don't think people care about this. You know what they care about. It's like four dollars a gallon at the gas pump. Stuff is expensive, more expensive than it's ever been. Movie tickets they're bragging that some of them are fifty dollars apiece. Everything is getting more expensive, all right. Jobs are being replaced by AI and droves. There are so many legitimate things that people are mad about.
Speaker 1: To get a new home. We just talked to that mortgage guy down.
Speaker 2: Another reason why you want to utilize him, because to get a new home is more expensive than it's ever been before. These are legitimate, real problems that people, especially young people, especially poor people, have to face all the time. I love the performative nonsense that some of these people are willing to engage in. That they took down six hundred neighborhood crime watch signs because that's a sign of exclusion.
Speaker 1: Yikes. All right, we'll see what you think about this.
Speaker 2: To send us your dispatch over at THENEWSCHUNKI dot com. I've got this clip going megaviral. I'm gonna play it for you next. It's an interesting moment. Also a brand new feature on two different platforms that I think is both really dumb, no one's gonna use it, and also super interesting. I'll play that for you as well. Both of those coming up next. I'm gonna use chunk keys for a free month of video and audio secret shows just by clicking a button. Claim now and it's yours, just like that, So go get those remaining final remaining final subs over at thenewsjunkie dot com. All right, here we go, let's do it. Let's do where's there it is? Let's do jury duty.
Speaker 15: Court is now in session, so put your phone down and pay attention before we call the bailiff over to whip your ass.
Speaker 1: You're knowing jury duty with the Noose Junkie.
Speaker 2: Jury Duty brought to you by the one the only Mo de Witts of the DeWitt Law Firm. Injured on the go, just call MO eight hundred Camo eight hundred Calmo or go to just CALLMO dot com after an accident. Picked the attorney that's going to help you out, you know, they're there for you. You know that they're going to be by your side. You know that they are going to lead you to the finish line in that big check So check it out over it to just CALLM dot com.
Speaker 1: Uh, this is going to be a long segment.
Speaker 2: I just saw that. The segment time says I gotta talk.
Speaker 1: For an hour. What so, come on, can't do do it?
Speaker 2: I can't do this in the Power Hour coming up in a bit, I've got a fantastic story for you and a and a clip that you just absolutely have to see. But before we get to that, this is something I'd never heard of before. I didn't know that this was a big deal in any way, but I guess ann Arbor, Michigan decided to make a move.
Speaker 1: Let me bring this up ann Arbor.
Speaker 2: Uh okay, So ann Arbor, Michigan decided to make a move to Ruin to remove all of their neighborhood watch signs that were throughout the area. And they said that the neighborhood watch signs sent the wrong message.
Speaker 1: As in, like this is a dangerous neighborhood.
Speaker 2: Like I've never I literally never met anybody in my life that's been against neighborhood crime watch signs. They usually just mean like, hey, in this area, there's people who are keeping their eyes out there. And then but the story says more than some Seriously, I'm like, do we Who is the only I couldn't. I could only name one person that has been would watch George George Zimmerman. He didn't give a good name to the neighborhood watch people off to a bad start. I get it.
Speaker 1: I understand that's the thing.
Speaker 2: But I have never heard of anybody being against neighborhood crime watch signs like this is about a neighborhood that cares about what's going on enough to keep an eye on things happening out there?
Speaker 1: Is this a snitch thing? Like what's the resistance?
Speaker 3: I think for me, I mean I don't care personally, I don't think I have them in my neighborhood, but I could see where somebody would go, Well, my neighborhood, you know, we don't have the signs because it makes people think that the neighborhood needs watching. See, I don't view it that way.
Speaker 2: When I see neighborhood watch signs, I actually think it's a better neighborhood. I think in my head. I go, all right, they're focused around here. They've cared enough to put up the sign. At least when I see broken windows, I think that's some bad going on.
Speaker 3: I prefer to just look around at the neighborhood and be like, is this place an shole?
Speaker 2: Yes? Or no?
Speaker 3: I don't gauge it by their number of neighborhood watch signs. Yeah, this is weird.
Speaker 2: More than six hundred neighborhood crime watch signs have been removed across ann Arbor, Michigan, marking the end of a program officials say has been inactive for decades. Inactive, isn't it just like a kind of unofficial thing that happens around your neighborhood more so than anything. Yes. City leaders say the signs no longer reflect how public safety is handled today. They point to research showing the signage does not reduce crime and can sent an unwelcoming message in neighborhoods. Bro, if you walk into a neighborhood and you see a crime watch sign and it makes you feel unwelcome, I.
Speaker 1: Want you to be unwelcome. M h Okay.
Speaker 2: If you go into a neighborhood and you see a neighborhood crime Watch sign. You're like, well, this actually this makes me feel it good. Why would you ever feel unwelcome by the crime watch sign unless you were trying to commit a crime? WHOA, Well, they don't allow crimes here. This is ridiculous. What's happening? Cruse took down the signs over several weeks. They spent tens of thousands of dollars to remove these signs.
Speaker 1: Wait what?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 3: Why they Why does it cost tens of thousands of dollars to take signs down?
Speaker 2: It took them several weeks to go around and get all six hundred of them and to remove them, cover up where they were and stuff.
Speaker 3: Why don't they just have the people who are actually part of the neighborhood Watch as their final duty to just get out there with a with a drill and.
Speaker 2: Goodbye taps is playing in the background and come out and take the neighborhood crime Watch sign, fold the flag or something. It says. Cruise took down the sides over several weeks, with the final one removed on Princeton Avenue. The city says all signs will be recycled. Oh great, that's like we care about recycling good crime watch bad, Like, what even is this? Neighborhood watch signs are expressions of exclusion, exclusion of what criminals, and they're inconsistent with our values. Ann arbor is a welcoming community. We don't want to push people away. We want to welcome folks in, says the mayor, Christopher Taylor.
Speaker 1: What what is going on?
Speaker 14: What?
Speaker 1: What is going on?
Speaker 2: Neighborhood watch signs are expressions of exclusion. Yeah, for people who want to rob the houses in the neighborhood. Again you want I don't want to go on another thing. I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I need to. I don't know if I need to.
Speaker 2: But again, I think these are these are the policies of a few weirdos harming almost always poor neighborhoods, because they say to the poor neighbor as well, neighborhood watch, we don't need to do that's an exclusive thing. It's exclusion. They're expressions of exclusion. And then these people will undoubtedly retire for the day or the week or the weekend into their their gated neighborhoods and subdivisions where they're free of any kind of any kind of a prosecution from the decisions that they foresaw on everybody else.
Speaker 1: That's what happens.
Speaker 2: The neighborhood watch signs are expressions of exclusion and are inconsistent with our values.
Speaker 1: Buddy, When you're against.
Speaker 2: Neighborhood watch or like people being against crimes and stuff, what's next. Somebody says, bring back McGruff, Like McGruff would be a sign against exclusion.
Speaker 1: Now, smoke you the bear. Oh no, no, smoke you the bear. Get out of here.
Speaker 3: Like if you had a police officer move in next door and you're like, whoa, whoa, whoa, this is not the place for you.
Speaker 1: This is like even less than a cop.
Speaker 2: If you were a copy could go, well, police serve, and you can make some art against this. But I think most people like, is there an idea here? Is there an unhinged idea? Unhinged idea probably from some like, you know, college educated white person would be my guest, just a guest, don't know, just a guess, just a guess, don't know. But is there some unhinged idea here that having a neighborhood watch is like an exclusively white thing to do, or it's racist against black people, because that's kind of racist, honestly, that's kind of a racist thing. Like neighborhood Watch is fine, everybody, It's totally fine.
Speaker 3: Somebody says on the Texan Service ann arbor is nice, but super liberal. Is this a political sides thing?
Speaker 9: Is there?
Speaker 3: Would we think it's a liberal thing to get rid of neighborhood watch signs and call them exclusive or signs of exclusion.
Speaker 2: I don't even know that those words mean anything anymore. But if you say, like political left or political right, if either one of those wants to attach them to selves to being like against neighborhood watch or specifically against neighborhood Watch signs, I don't think normal people give a damn about this stuff. I don't think people care about this. You know what they care about. It's like four dollars a gallon at the gas pump. Stuff is expensive, more expensive than it's ever been. Movie tickets they're bragging that some of them are fifty dollars apiece. Everything is getting more expensive, all right. Jobs are being replaced by AI and droves. There are so many legitimate things that people are mad about. To get a new home. We just talked to that mortgage guy down Another reason why you want to utilize him because to get a new home is more expensive than it's ever been before. These are legitimate, real problems that people, especially young people, especially poor people, have to face all the time. I love the performative nonsense that some of these people are willing to engage in. That they took down six hundred neighborhood crime watch signs because that's a sign of exclusion.
Speaker 1: Yikes.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll see what you think about this. To send us your dispatch over at thenewschunki dot com. I've got this clip going megaviral. I'm gonna play it for you next. It's a it's an interesting moment, also a brand new feature on two different platforms that I think is both really dumb, no one's gonna use it, and also super interesting. I'll play that for you as well. Both of those coming up next. I'm gonna use Chunky.
Speaker 21: Very hard.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 2: Then to the final hour of the show.
Speaker 1: We'll get into that in just a second.
Speaker 2: I've got two unbelievably crazy ideas from huge tech companies that you'll probably give your money in just a moment. We got a lot to get too as we round out the show, and I've got a couple of clips to play for you that are going to absolutely get a reaction out of you. I'm sure of that much. Well, right now, we had to have an excuse for Ceili to be able to drop in the clips that he likes.
Speaker 1: To a mass around here.
Speaker 2: This was your excuse to stop it. But this is gonna this is gonna be bad for me the long er. But I'm like, Seelie doesn't get to put any clips then anymore. Gota we gotta do something about this.
Speaker 6: So the Power Hour is on.
Speaker 2: They said it couldn't be done.
Speaker 1: Then they said, come on into my smoking room on.
Speaker 2: It's time for the Power Hour on the news.
Speaker 1: Chunky so intense.
Speaker 2: It's much more intense than your thing was. Yeah, so they said it couldn't be done. Then they said, uh, then you know, just usually me just saying something foolish. But yeah, the other option, the pressure against me because the Epstein files is so much, I have to at least admit guilt to something that, out of context, does sound bad for me generally speaking. But welcome into the Power Hour, everybody. Let me get to the things I was just teasing. There some really weird ideas from some of the biggest tech companies that they're floating out there right now. The feature you just wanted, I'm sure so badly, here's the one we start off with Amazon. For those of you on Amazon who those well change every day, yes, one hundred percent, yes, yes, Celine puts those in. Anyways, when when you think about Amazon, so many of you use Amazon, so many you use Prime, all of that good stuff. Amazon launches features sometimes and people don't really know about them. But one of the things that they just launched is Amazon now creates an AI podcast. They're coming for our job than buddy. This is literally what we try to do around here. Amazon now creates an AI podcast around here, we're guaranteed human about their products, where two AI hosts discuss the product and take your questions as if it's a call in show.
Speaker 1: I kid you not.
Speaker 2: I know you wouldn't believe me if I didn't play it for you. But here's an example of rapid relief rash cream. All right, and like they have a fake little AI podcast that goes along with all these products, here's the one for rapid Relief rash cream. To give you an example of what's happening on Amazon with this new feature here it is.
Speaker 20: Today our AI generated shopping show is exploring the Wellmadix Rapid Relief diaper rash cream. Emma, what makes this hospital grade cream different from standard diaper rash products?
Speaker 22: Wow, it's really interesting.
Speaker 1: This is terrible.
Speaker 2: Freeze is terrible.
Speaker 8: It's gonna go.
Speaker 2: I'm really on the fence about this, but I need Welma Dix rapid Relief rash cream. I'm sorry and I but it's what Wellma Dix. Yeah, that's the name of the product. Wellma dis well Medics. No you, Alader said at the beginning, didn't you?
Speaker 20: Today, our AI generated shopping show is exploring the Wellmadics rapid relief type of rash cream. Okay, Emma, what makes this hospital grade cream different from standard diaper rash products?
Speaker 22: Well, it's really interesting, is it? This cream uses a dual action approach instead.
Speaker 11: Of just.
Speaker 1: No no, don't miss it, she said.
Speaker 2: Duo duod the Fresh Rock says it's reading people's reviews.
Speaker 1: Somebody said I just encountered this yesterday. This is for real. They literally do this now.
Speaker 2: They have podcasts to try to sell you the Amazon products, and I guess they take calls.
Speaker 22: White petrolatum to create two protective barriers. This helps both treat existing irritation and prevent new issues from developing.
Speaker 2: All right, so in the middle of this little AI podcast, the person said, help my butt hurts. They submitted their question and I guess this is going to be integrated into the fake podcast.
Speaker 20: It's fascinating. So it's not just about treating the problem but stopping it from coming back.
Speaker 1: This is your questions next exactly.
Speaker 22: And they've added some really thoughtful ingredients like colendular and white birch maw.
Speaker 2: This is the beginning of the end of podcast. In talk radio shows, if people like this, If people like this, Johnny says, I'd rather listen to stack.
Speaker 1: What are you talking about? You're not sold. Let's see if the does my help my butt for mitching or whatever?
Speaker 22: If that question works in extract, these botanical ingredients help soothe sensitive skin, well, the jewel barrier does the heavy little jewel barrier.
Speaker 8: All right, Katie, we've got you.
Speaker 20: You're dealing with discomfort and this cream is designed for exactly that kind of irritation.
Speaker 2: Emma, what can you tell them?
Speaker 22: This is actually formulated for adults dealing with skin irritation from incontinentcy.
Speaker 2: This is so weird, isn't it. So it's a little dystopia and kind of unnecessary to unnecessary, absolutely unnecessary.
Speaker 1: Is this another one? This is another one for do they have different sizes of this?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 2: Can I get a Welma Dix large bottle? I think you can? Yeah, I don't know if they were asked about that at some point. This is another thing. What do they call theselin like food?
Speaker 3: Like a vacuum sealer, Saver, food Saver, vacuum seiler, that's not the food Saver brand, but it is a vacuum sealer.
Speaker 1: And and they're they have the same kind of thing for this, like a fake podcast.
Speaker 20: Heard vacuum steezers can be complicated to use. How does this one measure up?
Speaker 8: Actually?
Speaker 2: Customers report this one's quite straightforward with one touch operation. Wait, I get wanting reviews, I get wanting photographs, I get wanting three sixty views, I get wanting. Even the feature I've used it before where it says show me in my room, right, yeah, I get. I get all of those features, and all of those features may make me make a decision one way or another.
Speaker 3: I still think that the show me in my room is availab for things that you don't need it for, Like I don't need to see what a ballpoint pen looks like in my room.
Speaker 1: I want to.
Speaker 2: I want to.
Speaker 1: Isn't this so bizarre? This is real?
Speaker 2: They have these now an AI feature where Amazon has like a fake podcast with callers and all the rest that is going to replace us eventually here on the show. That's what I think is going to be happening before you know it. Let us know what you think. Send a dispatch over on the neewsjunkie dot com. Are we doomed?
Speaker 1: Let us know?
Speaker 2: Okay, Jackie says, Sean, you're wrong about something, but the self.
Speaker 1: Checkout front, I think she's talking about here she is, He's Jackie.
Speaker 8: Sean, this is one time you're actually wrong.
Speaker 23: The couple Walmarts said, I frequent, They're not in the best areas while I'm working, and they have already turned off all their self checkouts and have employed a lot more people back to the regular checkout. Really, maybe their losses are just two great versus everybody stealing versus just employing a few more people. But certain areas, Yeah, they haven't eliminated self checkout but in the sketchy areas they definitely are. People are probably stealing a whole bunch. And Walmart has never had tap to pay on. It's always insert your card.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 23: They've never implemented where it's just wireless or tap to pay.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's address that first. That is a weird thing. Tap to pay is just like kind of all over the place. And it's not that they don't have the device for it. It's not that they don't have, it's just turned off. I know this because there is a particular brand of POS device that you tap to pay on that always kind of sticks out to me. They have that brand, it's the Lane seven thousand. I don't see a dime from any of these Lane seven thousands, but I know that the Lane seven thousand and seven eleven works with my iPhone and tap to pay, and the one that Walmart does not. All right, so that is weird. They should fix that. On your other point, I will admit I'm wrong if that's the case. And honestly, I hate to say this, but that's kind of like the only positive outcome of people stealing stuff that I've heard in a while. That they will hire people and bring back humans in these poor neighborhoods. That for those particular locations will be good. It's not just poor neighborhoods. Because somebody chimed in and said they're Walmart, and Lake Nona has already ripped out all their self checkouts. Really, yeah, that's a nicer place there. So if they're doing that and they are hiring people back, that is good. I hope that I'm wrong. I hope you're absolutely right about that. I think that's good. I don't necessarily want to go through the checkout with a person over self checkout myself, But in the long run, especially in lower income, poverty, stricten neighborhoods, I want those jobs to stay because they're not the worst jobs. I want those jobs, to say, and I want the access to the most affordable stuff that they could possibly get on the marketplace to stay. And the way those stay is by those stores staying open. Your Targets, your Walmarts, all these places. You need them to stay open. Yucker says Target had the same problem, and I had to close their self check out at certain times due to loss prevention. Again, I hate to say it, I hate to give any credit to people stealing stuff, but that would be a good outcome of that type of thing. All right, let's see maybe one more here here is let's go over to Daddy two times talking about kids watching YouTube.
Speaker 10: Man, I definitely remember what y'all are talking about, and probably dispatched in about it ten years ago because daughter of two times was five years old watching those kid video content on YouTube and people were splicing nasty content into it. You know, she's watching some cute, glittery anime girl related video and suddenly the little girls are calling each other whores and sluts.
Speaker 2: And f that b and Jesus like, whoa, my man? What happened?
Speaker 10: That took a hard right turn, and I had to step up my regulating of what she was watching as a result, because I couldn't just trust that whatever she was viewing was safe because some sick people were going out there and just blicing nasty stuff into it to get those content clicks on what people thought was innocent.
Speaker 1: So I remember it so weird.
Speaker 3: I remember a long time ago we had even on the YouTube kids, like, even on the stuff that's supposed to be good, there were people that were able to like sneak in random things. It was like like, oh, there's like a little baby dancing or little kittens rolling around in the grass, and then it's like killing yourself and yeah, kittens. That's so weird and bizarre that people do that.
Speaker 2: But thanks to people like you actually parenting the right way, you can combat that. I like to see people saying like, oh, I noticed that something was going wrong and I adjusted my parenting. God forbid people did that. I mean, that's really what I think most people actually need to do.
Speaker 1: And can I prove on the.
Speaker 2: Other thing from a company that I know you give your digital money to that I don't think you're going to like Just like the Amazon podcasts for products, Netflix is now asking you to enjoy content in another way entirely.
Speaker 1: I think you're gonna say no, but you tell me, all right, I don't want to speak for you.
Speaker 2: You tell me.
Speaker 1: Are you a yes or no?
Speaker 2: On this Netflix wants you to watch clips. It's TikTok like vertical video, says tech Crunch. They said, you've heard of Instagram reels, Now get ready for Netflix Clips. Netflix is redesigning its mobile app and introducing Clips, a vertical video feed intended to help users discover new content by sharing highlights from original programming. Think of clips as a personalized highlight reel that helps you decide what to watch or play next, without endless scrolling. You'll see short clips from series, films, and specials tailored to your taste, with an easy way to go deeper than when somebody else grabs your attention. The idea is, if you're on the go, you likely aren't going to pull out your phone to watch the next three minutes of Love Is Blonde, but you might watch a short curated clip of another Netflix show for a fast laugh. They say, I don't think people want another feed of vertical videos and shorts.
Speaker 1: I think people, if anything, have enough of this.
Speaker 2: I think people are like, this is like when when dunder Mifflin's website wanted to be also a social network and social media platform.
Speaker 1: In filtrated by pedophiles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course it was. This is like when they were trying to do this. You don't need to be everything to everyone. Somebody says Disney Plus is the same thing. It's it's so dumb. It's like, know you're laying go on to TikTok and all those things with the short promotions for your your platform. But don't think that people are just gonna sit there on Netflix scrolling another feed and who. No, these are bad ideas, bad ideas kind of like TNJ chat. Not at all like TNJ chat. Do you mean the greatest chat room and all of the land, you try to add a social media feature to it. No, this is completely different. And Wolf was not a good idea. Wolf was a terrible idea. See.
Speaker 3: I thought you were going to go with the worst idea that dunder Mifflin Saber had was having that stupid triangle tablet.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's a pretty I mean, that's not one that I think is going to catch on any point time. But I'm always amazed when people do this stuff. It's just I'm not going to scroll your Netflix feed, bro, it's not happening. I'm too busy in TJ chat, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Now, Netflix did do a thing which you know, they've been adding games to Netflix, and I feel like there's been mixed response to it. I think a lot of them aren't quite taking off. But I saw them add a game that I thought, this is more what their style should be. Because if you're doing games on your television like stuff like this, if you have friends over at party, They've added some of the Jackbox games to Netflix and you could just play them right there on your Netflix app. And I was like, that's genius, because those games are super fun. If you're having like you got a bunch of people over, everybody can participate on their phone. Nobody's left out really depending on what game you pick. And I was like, Oh, that's a that's a win for them, Except they did not add Trivia Murder Party, which is my friends you know, the ones that my friends always want to play.
Speaker 2: Well they might though, yeah, and that is fun and people do like that stuff, and that is them trying to provide more more services to you. But I think that service seems to make more sense, right, Like people actually like it, they want it, they want to interact that.
Speaker 3: I think people are still getting used to the idea of playing games on Netflix. I think it's still kind of like a oh wait, we usually just go here for this thing. Adding this thing on is kind of this seems out of play. Yeah, all right, well tell us what you think.
Speaker 2: Maybe you're into this, let us know, send us a dispatch over on the website right now. When we return. I've got some extras for you, a bit of a grab bag segment if you will, that's coming up next, and that clip that I promise this clip, I know it's something that's going viral right now, but I feel like we can swim around in it and discover so many things. And I'm gonna play this for you, this viral moment that's coming up next.
Speaker 1: Some of the news.
Speaker 2: Chunkie Secret Show streaming live tonight for subscribers at eight pm. If you can't catch it live, you'll catch it afterwards. Five pm on Fridays is when it drops for your on demand viewing of the latest Secret Show.
Speaker 3: That's right, you could watch it live also on the Apple TV app. Other other apps incoming. I've been working on those a little bit over the weekend. But I did also look I don't know if I told you this. I was looking at the stats for the number of downloads and stuff. Yeah, and it shows me where the people are, like what country they're in the downloaded them, and of course most of them, most of them are the United States of America, as one would expect.
Speaker 2: Most of our listeners and viewers are in that area. And then we had one download in Iceland. Oh yeah, we got an Iceland guy. Yeah yeah, yeah, Oh so that guy's not lying. He really is from Iceland.
Speaker 3: There is a guy in Iceland that downloaded the Apple the tvOS app Apple.
Speaker 2: The reason I react this way Sea Land is because we have a user on TNJ chat who I think is called guy from Iceland.
Speaker 6: I believe that's his user.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming it's that guy. If not, we have two Icelanders.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I keep forgetting to mention this, but just so you know, when you're a Secret Show subscriber, there is now an Apple TV app. There's an Apple TV app. See Lane has made it's gorgeous. You can watch the show live at eight pm tonight on the Apple TV app. So it's right on your TV and nice and easy. If you get a subscription, you just go to the Apple TV app. Search for Secret Shows in the Apple TV app store, search for Secret Shows. You'll see the Secret Shows app pop up. Log in with your credentials from the news junkie dot com. It'll connect directly to your account. You'll see all the thumbnails and the information and the live streams and all of that. So, yeah, it's amazing. Seelane made that and we've got more coming. More of the TV apps. Go look in the Apple TV app source search for secret shows. Get that ready on your TV for tonight. I want to get into, as I said, some grab bag stuff. But this clip is going megaviral. So let's go to something that people often play over on chat dotthanewsjunkie dot.
Speaker 1: Com, and that is family feud. This lady's moment is going megaviral. Let's listen to you need one on four?
Speaker 24: Allright, listen, mind everybody Haley's answers Steve Harvey with her twenty.
Speaker 1: Five seconds on the clock.
Speaker 24: Please, we asked one hundred single men, name and occupation your girlfriend would have?
Speaker 2: They might impress your dad?
Speaker 6: Secretary.
Speaker 2: Now, I.
Speaker 1: Even stopped on that one.
Speaker 2: I was like, this lady's answers, all of them we could explore for like whatever amount of time, but name an occupation that would impress somebody.
Speaker 1: And she said your dad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nothing again, Secretaries, they're great and all, but I don't know if that's what I would have answered in this question anyhow.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, but please, we.
Speaker 24: Asked one hundred single men, name and occupation your girlfriend would have?
Speaker 2: They might impress your.
Speaker 24: Dad, secretary name something a cowboy might get off his horse to do me a cowgirl filling the blank with one word blank?
Speaker 1: Nuts?
Speaker 6: These what time?
Speaker 2: He's trying to get past the fact that she just hit him with the d's on the name is something that goes before blank?
Speaker 1: Un wish she said ds?
Speaker 2: She said, these these these nuts, they still counts, still counts. Got every clip I've seen of this so far did not show if that was one of the answers on the board.
Speaker 1: So I want to know. But I found all the rest of her answers pretty weird too.
Speaker 10: We'll start thinking about lunch ten am, drink fast ukshake.
Speaker 24: That was not that.
Speaker 2: I mean now, the question that I haven't seen answered anywhere is d's actually on the board? Is that actually on the board for a family few events?
Speaker 3: I think in twenty twenty six, yes, d's nuts would be an acceptable answer.
Speaker 2: I think you're right. Hang on, let's see are they going over them here? There's the secretary one secretary nobody, no mony on secretary.
Speaker 1: Doctor doctor was number one.
Speaker 24: Thing something the cowboy might get off his horse to do.
Speaker 1: You say it? Go meet your cowgiry al right.
Speaker 7: Survey said it.
Speaker 1: She's not doing great. She is not doing great.
Speaker 14: Come on to the saloon was the number one answer.
Speaker 1: Filling the blank with one word blank nuts.
Speaker 2: You said, come on, show me these nuts now if they win. Because she did that that this is going to be fantastic. It's even better in free.
Speaker 6: These nuts.
Speaker 18: Come on.
Speaker 14: Survey said.
Speaker 1: Three. Not but you'll take at least it's on the board.
Speaker 2: She didn't do spectacular in her uh in her final round there she had seven is what she got for the ten o'clock. Wow. She she wasn't the best at family feud, but you could see some people who are a little bit better.
Speaker 1: If you play along over on chat dotthanewsjunkie dot com. There you go, just like that.
Speaker 3: We were talking about the Netflix games and a couple people chimed in on the texting service saying, U, Pictionary is super fun on Netflix Netflix Games.
Speaker 2: I'll give a shot. How do you even play that on Netflix? You have to draw, right you probably the same way you do Jackbox. Jackbox has some some things where you draw. You log in on your phone and they'll give you like a little canvas that you kind of draw with your finger. I think actually pictionary lends itself to phone based, you know, party games very well.
Speaker 1: That's kind of cool that it works that way.
Speaker 2: A bad news in the music world, not just what I started off with today, saying that this crop of famous musicians across all genres is like really not pulling it off right now. It's really a bad time for great music. I think personally, maybe I'm wrong.
Speaker 1: You tell you why.
Speaker 2: But Leanne Rhymes has had to reschedule two concert dates from her Thirty Years of Blue tour due to her health. Her health is not good, she says, Oh, I wonder what she's old. I wonder what old old boy. Oh, fake ask doctor says about that? She she says she hasn't left the bed because of a bad sickness. And I say to you, no way, no how. I thought fake doctor man had pulled on her tongue hard enough that Leanne Rhymes was in perfect shape and her voice was doing great. But no, it looks like she has a cancel shows. She can't get out of the bed like Brian Wilson does. Yeah, she's just she's just hanging out in there. Another update on the White House Correspondence dinner shooting that I thought was interesting and worth working in.
Speaker 1: Here's that really quick?
Speaker 2: Here you go.
Speaker 11: Ask been a question of who struck a Secret Service agent that night. CBS News now reports that officer was not hit by friendly fire. Sources telling the Outlet the shot that struck the officer likely had a cell phone in his bulletproof vest.
Speaker 2: Or A and C. So they said that the officer who got hit by the shooter at the White House Correspondence dinner was saved in part by their cell phone. Their cell phone was in their their their pocket and it acted as a secondary shield during the White House Correspondence dinner shooting saved by the cell phone. Give us your thoughts on all of this with dispatches and emails, Email the show, tips t ips at the Neewschunk heat dot com. Had you ever thought for a moment about giving Jackson a double first name?
Speaker 1: Did you consider that at all? I mean, he has a middle name. Why would I need a double first name.
Speaker 2: I didn't I even really know what a double first name was until I saw this story today. It sounds like more of a girl thing than a guy thing. They got all sorts of different examples of it, but like John David, they said, John David is a double first name that your kid might have, or Anna Claire or Ellie May. Ellie May is maybe a more common one, Mary Love that I haven't heard of before. And they're saying, this is like the double first name thing is much more common in the South.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know that I know anybody who does a double first name thing.
Speaker 9: Though.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think Mark Paul Goffler. I think, does he goes Mark Paul Mark Paul.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Whenever you use like the one two punch for somebody's name, this is a double first name. And this There's a woman who's doing some interviews today saying that she has a message for parents considering the trend. She's saying, don't do it. It makes things difficult. Whenever I introduce myself, I have to explain my name, which I don't really feel like this would be that big of a problem. She says, I have to say, Hi, my name is Mary Love. It's a double first name, like Mary Catherine. For four years in college, I was consistently called Mary by my professors, she said, And she says, you wouldn't change her name. She loves having a double first name. But she's saying there's some awareness now, and she wouldn't recommend it for parents naming their kids. It's bat any double first namers on the way out willing to weigh in on whether they think people should do it or not. Let us know, Bobby Joe, Oh, Billy Bob. Yeah, Billy Bob, Ricky Bobby. You're hitting us with him now, ye are.
Speaker 3: Those are those people whose names, like their first name on their birth certificate is Billy Bob?
Speaker 1: Or is it like William Robert somebody who just went by Billy Bob. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I need to know more about this, Honestly, God, I had no idea this was really a thing until this moment here. I used to think when people said that many names, it was for somebody who they didn't want to get the name wrong because they didn't want to be sued. Is usually somebody who killed a bunch of people, like a person wanted for murder or something.
Speaker 1: But let us know, any of you double first namers on the way out. Here's what we're gonna do.
Speaker 2: Final dispatches, stories that didn't make the cut, and today, learn to wrap everything up for a Thursday that's coming up next on the News Junkie. When I say the podcast is always there for you, I mean that no matter what happens, no matter what happens, that podcast, that YouTube channel, they're gonna be there for you.
Speaker 1: So show a little love. If you don't mind, go to the News Junkie dot com or YouTube.
Speaker 2: All right, for once, Selane has done a great job, and I mean for once, and we have plenty of time on the way out today. There was a lot of previous in the week, you know, a couple of days where there was a very short ME and I. When I have to blame you yourself about this, I have to blame somebody. I can't blame myself, even though it is actually my fault. I have to put the blame on somebody. So it'll be see.
Speaker 1: Let's see what we have here today.
Speaker 2: Choices, Yeah, it's running out real the amount of options is really really shrinking. Here is a new footage I guess just resurfaced or just released. Remember the lady who sued successfully the cruise line. Yes, because they gave her all the tequilas, the three hundred thousand dollars or something. Yeah, now they've released the security footage of her at the bar drinking some of the tequilas.
Speaker 1: Let's see what goes on here.
Speaker 25: This never before seen surveillance video, you can see Diana ordering shots of tequila at one bar after another.
Speaker 7: She goes here here all in just over an eight hour.
Speaker 2: Sery, my nightmare, This is my nightmare. Is a gentleman, be all old Christopher Lane having shots at this bar?
Speaker 7: Here?
Speaker 2: It is bar here? Oh here, quick cut quick, that would be the greatest. And then they go, folks, we had to edit this down in the interest of saving time for the broadcast.
Speaker 1: We couldn't show all of the shots that Selane had. But but here we go.
Speaker 2: So they show her and they're like, here she is tequila, tequila here here, just over an eight hour period.
Speaker 8: Her eyes were glossy.
Speaker 7: You don't have to be a toxicologist. You can tell by listening to this lady she's drunk.
Speaker 25: She eventually blacked out and was severely injured after falling down the flight of stairs. Carnival claims the fall never happened.
Speaker 1: I found bruises, and sord did I get these bruises?
Speaker 2: And they can't tell me. I never found and I never went to anybody's room.
Speaker 25: Nobody camp video shows her being escorted by ship security back to her stateroom, where she drunkenly confronted her two shipmates.
Speaker 2: If you were in my brig for thirty years, oh god, I know who this person is already, already, the tears, the crime. You've been my friend for thirty years. Can we interview the friends from her cruise cabin and go, do you think she should have gotten a six figure payout from the cruise line?
Speaker 1: Because I got a feeling they'd say, no, I got.
Speaker 2: A feeling her friends who were in her own cabin with her on this cruise ship would go the idea that they gave this woman a payout because they gave her all of the different shots of tequila that she was ordering at all. She went to multiple different bars to get all of them. It's just crazy to me. But that's the new footage, is her who ended up getting three hundred thousand dollars for getting overserved over an eight hour period where she had thirteen or fourteen shots.
Speaker 1: That's her actually drinking the shots. She's here here, here, here, and.
Speaker 7: Here, here, here, here, here, all in just over an eight hour period.
Speaker 2: Right here that's that's that is going to end up with Sea Lane on it, and I cannot wait for it myself, honestly. All right, ago, let's see, let's get get rid of all of these. We're getting the hell out of here, folks. It's been a blast, it's been quite the time. And secret shows.
Speaker 1: Tonight, we'll see you the eight pm eight pm.
Speaker 2: If you're a subscriber, you can watch live over on the neews Junkie dot com at eight pm. The countdown timer starts at seven. The link for the stream starts at eight. If you miss it tonight, you can if you're a subscriber, watch tomorrow on demand on the website The Newsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 1: Here we go, let's get out of here. Let's do today.
Speaker 15: I learned the following information may make you feel smarter, but will not actually increase your IQ.
Speaker 1: So don't get cocky.
Speaker 2: What we call today, it is today I learned for a Thursday. Does that cut off? Why does that cut off at the end?
Speaker 1: Like that is there?
Speaker 2: I think we got a little bit of a drop slinger issue here. You have I do no, no, no, it's good, it's it's I think it's fine, but it just sounded like I got cut cut off. I'll tell you why later. Okay, all right, here we go. Let's see here today, I learned the person from this cartoon series.
Speaker 1: Under Acre would oh Winnie the Pooh. That's right, Winny the Pooh is not popular in Sea Leon's household.
Speaker 2: Clearly, the real life Christopher Robin, whose name was the the impetus for the Winnie the Pooh character, eventually made peace with his father and loved Pooh.
Speaker 21: In the end.
Speaker 1: They say, everybody loves poo in the end. That's what they say.
Speaker 2: Despite the bullying from his younger years, he ended up being happy that he was featured as Christopher Robin in Winnie the Pooh. By name, say learn Patty Davis, Ronald Reagan's daughter host for Playboy in nineteen ninety four. Really full frontal pictorial of Ronald Reagan's daughter Patty Davis and Playboy in nineteen ninety four, if you're looking it up.
Speaker 1: July nineteen ninety four, and today learn.
Speaker 2: This guy right here, boy David allen Coe.
Speaker 1: That's Sam and David.
Speaker 2: David allen Coe was incarcerated in the Ohio State penitent Jerry. He killed another inmate and was sentenced to death, had his sentence commuted to life in prison, got released on parole by turning himself around with music, and then went on become one of the originators of outlaw country. And that's his story. Friends, Thank you so much for having out with us. We do appreciate it. We're back tomorrow, same time, same place. Missed Eddy of the show. Get the podcast over on the news junkie dot com.
Speaker 1: We'll see you later. Everybody, you don't
Speaker 6: Call me whling Jenny, and you don't her call me Joe.