Speaker 1: The quest for the three peat has begun.
Speaker 2: Only four teams in Major League Baseball history have won three consecutive titles.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers are the favorites to become the fifth fifth.
Speaker 1: This is World Champion Dodger Talk.
Speaker 4: Here we go again. We get ready running back to get in.
Speaker 5: On the show called eight six six not eighty seven two five sevendy and be sure to follow Dodger Talk wherever you catch your podcasts. And now your host here's Tim Kakes.
Speaker 2: Well, another injury to the Dodgers starting rotation. Now, what what did the Dodgers do with Blake Snell going back on the injured list? Well, in the short term, they go out eight different relievers and shut out the Anaheim Angels six to nothing. Hi, everybody, welcome into Dodger Talk here on five seventy e LA Sports Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: Thanks for being with us here.
Speaker 2: Jose Mota will join us in about fifteen minutes, but plenty of time for your phone calls eight six nine eight seven two five seven. If you're at the Big A and Anaheim, I want to hear from you as he's sitting in traffic. Head back out to the nine ZHO nine, up to the San Gabriel Valley. Back to the west side of the OC. Wherever you're headed on this Friday night, we want you to be a part of the show. Eight six, six, nine, eighty seven, two five seventy as the Dodgers have eight different relievers combined for a two hit shutout. Will Klein was the opener and Gardo Enriquez gets the win after he pitched a one two three third and the Dodgers boppers hit three home runs. Paz, Munci, Teoscar Hernandez all go deep back to back shots for Paz and Months in the fourth as the Dodgers shut out the Angels six to nothing. But the big question right now is the status of Blake Snell. He was supposed to start tonight, his second start since coming off the injured list with the shoulder inflammation that he missed the first six weeks of the season. His first outing last Saturday, Okay, it was all right. It was decent. He looked like he had a lot to work on and continued to build on that moving forward. He was scheduled to get the start tonight. He threw yesterday, did not feel good. This afternoon, they announced that he has been scratched, will climb to be the opener in a bullpen game, and then about ninety minutes before the game, the Dodgers made an official in il stint for Blake Snell as they called up Charlie Barnes to help out of the bullpen. Now, loose bodies in your throwing elbow. This is the third time we've heard this this season. Edwin Diaz, Dodger reliever, loose bodies in his throwing elbow surgery. He's not going to be back until after the All Star break three months for Edwin Diaz, Trek scuoble loose bodies in his throwing elbow. Trek Scouble had a procedure done called a nanoscope, and that procedure is a less invasive surgery than the typical surgery that gets the loose bodies out of your elbow. The cleanup surgery and nanoscope procedure was done on Tarrek Scouble.
Speaker 4: And a loose body was found.
Speaker 2: The procedure is less invasive, quicker return, and Tarrek Scuble is already playing catch less than a week after the surgery to remove the loose body. Different procedure less invasive. Everybody's different. Certainly, Edwin Diaz is one end of the spectrum three months. The other end is trek Scuble nanoscope procedure. Scott Boris represents trek Scuble. Scott Boris also represents Blake Snell. Now does that mean anything healthwise?
Speaker 4: It doesn't.
Speaker 2: But what it does mean is maybe we can send him to the same doctor, doctor Neil L.
Speaker 4: Treshwans. I'm sure he's gonna go see, and.
Speaker 2: That same procedure could be offered and available for Blake Snell will find out.
Speaker 4: We don't know.
Speaker 2: Everybody's situation is different. Maybe you've got one loose body a chip, Maybe you've got multiple ones that are barking in your elbow and you need the procedure done. Like Edwin Diaz, everybody is different, Every situation is different. Let's keep our fingers crossed that it's the nanoscoll procedure that Blake Snell needs done and that means a quicker return. Either way, The Dodgers now need another starter, or do they. They've gone with a six man rotation to start this season, and certainly the month of April, the Dodgers starting staff was really good despite injuries. Tyler Glass now pitch well, you know, you know, yashanobay I'm a Moto's pitch. Well, this has been a really good starting rotation with Showe Aotani, really good, one of the best in baseball in the month of April. Now a setback with Tyler Glass now backspasms. May not be ready to come off the il next weekend. And now you've got Blake Snell with the elbow injury and the loose bodies, and we don't have a determined time that he'll be out still TBD for the next couple of days until we find out a little bit more clarity.
Speaker 4: So what do the Dodgers do? Five man rotation now? Moving forward? Well, how does that light up with the schedule?
Speaker 2: Well, on off day on Thursday coming up here on the twenty first, and off day then on the twenty eight, so back to back Thursdays with off days, You hypothetically could go with the five man rotation with that off day built in to help out and keep the spacing as far as starts for your starting rotation, you could, or you could add a six starter, or you could go with a bullpen game, which is not ideal because you don't know what Rookie.
Speaker 4: Said, Sak's gonna give you.
Speaker 2: You just don't want to roll the dice because all it takes is a starter to go two and two thirds, get roughed up, and all of a sudden, your bullpen's been asked to cover five plus innings of a game. Well, now you're bullpenning and can't pitch the next day. You've used up a lot of arms. They don't have a long reliever. Justin Robuski was that guy? Do they dip down into triple A to find another arm? Well, you got some guys on the forty man roster who could be available. You've got a roll A Cop, you got a River Ryan, you got a Paul Gervais who could come up and eat innings for you. Those are possible relievers or openers or starters in the case of River Ryan, that can help you out. Now for River Ryan, he pitched tonight and River Ryan touched one hundred miles an hour on his fastball and triple A on a rehabit start. The twenty seven year old's coming off Tommy John surgery. They did not want to rush him back since he's missed a lot of time they're slow playing him. They're rolling them out gently, which is great because in theory you should have enough arms to cover you at the big league level. Well, now that you may or may not need another starter, do you speed up the returner. River Ryan, who missed a month because of a hamstring, made a couple starts hamstring injury back tonight.
Speaker 4: His first start.
Speaker 2: He allowed one in run, two hits, four strikeouts, one walk, fifty three pitches. His four seam fastball averaged ninety eight miles an hour, while six different times he topped over one hundred miles an hour, including four in the first inning. Now, you don't want to rush him back, but maybe one more spin around the rotation in TRIPLEA and you can bring them up in ten days.
Speaker 4: That could be a possibility.
Speaker 2: And when he does come up, you're not asking River Ryan to go six or seven innings. All you need him to cover is at least four or five every time he comes out to start a game as a starter. So you've got some options. If you're the Dodgers, it's not panic time. There's no need to freak out Tyler Glass. Now maybe the back's ready, you know, ten days. It's not gonna be ready from what Dave Roberts alluded to yesterday, next weekend, when he's able to come off the IL. It doesn't sound like he's going to be ramped up and ready to go. He's thrown off flat ground, but he hasn't thrown a.
Speaker 4: Bullpen session yet.
Speaker 2: He hasn't thrown a sim game yet, so he is not ready to go to pitch in a game. And that's what a week away when he's eligible to come off the injured list. So it's not looking like he'll be ready when he's eligible to come off. And we now don't know the status of Blake Snell moving forward. You gotta think it's going to be extended time at least that he won't be available, So there are options. The schedule is now building out nicely for the Dodgers, so we'll see what happens for them moving forward and the decisions they need to make. Certainly tomorrow, Justin Robleski only helps the cause by going out and pitching six or seven innings. If he can go out and give the Dodgers that tomorrow, that limits the amount of arms. Dave Roberts, he's got to go to hypothetically tomorrow out of the bullpen setting up for Sunday, you have arms ready to go to back up rookie Sasaki. Now there is a stretch here in which they don't have a day off until Thursday, and between now and then, they've got three games, three games against the San Diego Padres Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. It's lined up certainly that you're gonna have Yamamoto pitching that and you're gonna have Shoeo Tani pitch in two of those three games. You like the Dodgers' chances, but you want to have a fresh bullpen going to San Diego. You want all hands on deck to be available against San Diego. So again tomorrow, next game in front of the Dodgers on the schedule, justin Robleski eat up innings help this bullpen, Like the bullpen tonight, collectively helped out this Dodgers team, with eight different relief Dodger fans combining for a two hit shutout. Will Klein got it started. The only picture to pitch more than one inning, Will climb two innings, everybody else one inning behind that as the Dodgers get a six to nothing shutout. Win over the Anaheim Angels. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Medello Madelo, The Mark of a Fighter. Before we take a break and get to Jose Mota, let's go out to the phones. My guy Blake in Colorado checking in here on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 4: Welcome Blake. How you doing, Hi, hollow you.
Speaker 2: I'm fantastic. A little bummed abob Blake Snell. But it's not the end of the world. The Dodgers will be okay, they can. They can get hit with an injury like this, however long it's gonna be and I think they'll they'll be able to survive until he gets back.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Wow, what a game by the Dodgers and Tayo. Did you know the yellow waist that Tao is willing it?
Speaker 4: I see it.
Speaker 2: What's the story behind that, Blake? I see him wearing that yellow brace, So what's going on?
Speaker 6: I give him that break that when we when I met Alexa Veka what yeah, I need many of Yeah, I know in alex Kia says I went two more says I went to huh which we use.
Speaker 2: Wow, that is pretty cool that he's wearing that yellow wristband that you gave him to Oscar Hernandez. I got a wonder if it's the power of Blake and the yellow bracelet that maybe he's get him going here. Four extra base hits in the last what eight games? He's got a home run tonight. You know, Tascar Hernandez starting to heat up here, Blake. Maybe it's a coincidence.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, great to hear from you, buddy. Let's talk again. I'll be here all weekend long with postgame as the Dodgers take on the Angels in Anaheim, this freeway series. Great to talk to you, all right, sounds good. There's my guy Blake in Colorado.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Check out the yellow wristband that Taoscar Hernandez is wearing. That Skuy Blake give it to him when they were in Colorado the last time to face the Rockies.
Speaker 4: Eight sixty six nine.
Speaker 2: Eight seven two five seventy is the number eight six six nine eight seven two five. Say we'll take a break, we'll come back. More of your phone calls. Hose Moti will join us ta Oscar Hernandez. I want to make sure I get it right. Last five games eight for eighteen, four extra base hits, He's ten for twenty three in his last seven games.
Speaker 4: Ta Oscar Hernandez starting to heat up.
Speaker 2: They dropped him in the order, seeing some better pitches, making contact, putting the ball in play. Last five games, eight for eighteen with four extra base hits. Taascar Hernandez if you need him, a two run home run. Tonight in the sixth inning, Dodgers shut out the Angels six to nothing. Will continue here on an FFI seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: AM five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 5: Be anywhere at any time, and you can hear past episodes of Dodger Talk all of those things. Search AM five to seventy on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: We're streaming online.
Speaker 5: We stream every game too. Come find me back to Dodger Talk on AM five to seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 3: One of those great defensive plays made by the Angels, made by Pranza on ta Oscar last time off his swags hits a drive pay Pright Center.
Speaker 1: It is heading back toward the wall. It is over the wall. That's a home run. Taioscar Hernandez with a two lin shot. He hit it off the scoreboard, over the yellow line.
Speaker 3: Which signifies home run, and the Dodgers tack on two more.
Speaker 1: It is six to nothing.
Speaker 2: Ti Oscar Hernandez a two run home run to right field in the sixth inning, his fifth of the year, his first home run in a month. He had been twenty three game since he got a sunflower seed bath, and he got one tonight in the sixth inn and coming home after a two run blast to right center field to give the Dodgers a six to nothing lead. Daniels Jewelers presents the home Run Forecast. For your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniels Jewelers gift card, just visit a five to seventy Ela sports dot Com, use the keyword home run into your name and you could win and Daniels Jewelers.
Speaker 4: Own the Dream.
Speaker 2: Dodgers shut out the Angels six to nothing. Eight different relievers combined for a two hit shutout. Is the Dodgers have now won three in a row.
Speaker 4: Let's check out with Hose.
Speaker 1: It's time to go around the horn with Hose. Moga.
Speaker 2: All right, Hose. We'll get to the offense in a second. But I mentioned it. Eight different relievers. All it takes is one blip on the radar and everything can fall apart. It's a tight oil, but you have to walk for eight different relievers to go out there and do their job. But when it works like it did tonight, it is a thing of beauty.
Speaker 3: It is a thing of beauty, especially when oh, yes, relieve verse, whether your role is a long man, whether your roles that come in and you know, put out a fire role as a multiating guy, take care of their first hitter. I mean I learned this from my social years ago, saying hey, I trust the guys are going to show me that when they come into that bullpen, their stuff is already fine. To go out there and get that first guy. Obviously you're not going to be successful all the time, but you know, there's why you keep those percentages to say, hey, which guy don't want to bring it here? Which guy is not good with men in scoring position, which guy is not good in traffic? Which guy needs to still with the cred ending? And today the example was they took care of the first guy in every inning except for one, and I think it shows why when you do that, you just take away from a team that pretty much punished you last year hitting eleven home runs, have a lot of confidence playing in the Dodgers, but we know they're one of the poor offenses in baseball, the worst team in terms of record, and you needed to treat them just you will, treating a lot of braids because they came to play for you and to get a lot in the confidence level.
Speaker 2: Eight different guys pitched tonight, and Gardo Enriquez gets the win. He pitched the third a one two three inning, struck out two of the three batters that he faced. You go back and look what he's done recently, and this twenty three year old Jose has really flashed out of the bullpen and become one of the reliable arms.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing with Ricaez. He's he looked a little bit of a mystery like intriguing guy. He's an easy I mean tim easy one O two, no effort whatsoever. Okay, mechanics are very clean. Now he is tightening up that slider, which I really love tonight. He's got to go out there and flip that thing. And his curse to say rip it, man, I'm just roll it in there. And the one O two, one three sometimes look very hittable. If you look at the swing and missus or the punch ups per inning. It's not that impress it, but I know that he's a gem gets being polished by Mike Parry and Cutter McGinnis, and I just don't think he knows how good he could be. I mean, he could be a great option for you in late innings because of the way he throws, his size. I mean, but he's got to have a little more, uh, a little bit of meanness in him. Always say the good guys off to play with one to one with a sinker and a cutter. But certainly he's a guy that you want to continue to putting in important roles. And I think today was a big step. And no matter what I mean, he's been giving you a lot of chances by the Dodgers. But this kid continues to grow, and I think the tree level is getting to a point now where he's all he knows he does not want to get sent down many time.
Speaker 2: No, and Bruce dar Grader ill suffered a setback with his back flaring up, so they're gonna shut him down. He just hasn't been healthy the last two years and kind of feels like Enriquez has slid into that role as a bigger guy who can top over one hundred miles an hour and has filled in very nicely.
Speaker 4: As you mentioned, he just continues to get better and better.
Speaker 2: How about Andy Pot has Max Munsey back to back home runs, but tay Oscar Hertnandez first home run in a month, Jose, and you look at what he's done in the last five games.
Speaker 4: He is starting to heat up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Tail, I don't know if he went to a lighter battle, whatever it was, but man, he's got the basket back where he needs to be, and his numbers against fastils are pretty decent. Even though he goes to a stretcher. We just cannot hit fastball or catch up with the fastball. But every time he goes up and just fights the at bats and goes out there and knows and understands that he cannot be expanding, covers the other half much better, stays inside the ball like he did tonight. He's a much better hitter. I mean the homestand for him, he's the best hit of the homestand going on for twenty and then even after starting zero for to tonight, rolling over little fly ball second base, he forces himself to fight for the at bat and use a big part of the field, stay inside and dub ball the other way. So for Tail, even the last hit, which is a little bit softer, it's all about the mentality to go out there and know that betting, Eh has no fun. He knows why he's betting is a message or not. But I think it wakes up a lot of guys to know that they want to be an even more bottom part of this line, as deep as it is, because Tail has got before and he wants to be a little bit more than did last year.
Speaker 2: What's your level of concern, Jose about Blake Snell and going back on the injured list.
Speaker 3: Hi, Blake has not been healthy since he joined the Dodgers. I mean he wants to pitch so bad that he actually when he started the season after becoming a free agent coming here, he was not right and he was afraid to say something. Now you're worry about obviously not knowing how big those loose bodies are on that elbow. Then the shoulder was the previous issue, and you know he came from throwing fifty five pitchers in the rehab and he's just hard to come and do that against you a lot of braves, even against anybody in the Big League. So we pray that he becomes a guy that the procedure is not this invasive. But at the same time, he's not getting younger. He is a glad that you want healthy and one hundred percent. But we still to see it as a value. But you know what, we know he wants to pitch and he's done it before, and hopefully this will be his invasive but certainty and I am concerned about this.
Speaker 2: We'll find out in the next couple of days what kind of surgery he is going to need. Jose great to check in with you and we'll talk tomorrow, hopefully after another Dodger will win.
Speaker 3: Okay Man, then go bring it all right.
Speaker 2: There he goes Jose Mode. Backing in here on Dodger talk. Is the Dodgers shut out the Angels six to nothing. That Edgardo Enriquez we're talking about.
Speaker 4: He gets to win.
Speaker 2: Pitching a one two three third. Will Klein was the open of the night, pitch two winnings. Everybody else that came through that gate of the bullpen went one inning of the piece, eight different relievers combining for a two hit shutout tonight in a six nothing at Dodgers win over the Angels. Let's go out to Jimmy and Santa Clarina waiting patiently.
Speaker 4: You're next up on Dodger Talk on a five seventy.
Speaker 7: How you doing, Jimmy, Tim Kay, what's up, buddy, bro? I didn't know you were a Bros.
Speaker 8: Alumni.
Speaker 7: That's that's fantastic. I graduate in thirteen and I've been playing the game ever since. And you know, I just wanted to. I heard you talk about that nano Graham and the nanoscope I hot pitched and stuff like that, and I heard it's a really good surgery for players and the recovery is really fast. I went to another game, notre game, baseball game today and saw all these pitchers throwing. It's, you know, I teach now. I'm a baseball teacher. I've been teaching for about ten years now, and I love you know, producing, producing the right mechanics right and and like like Mota said, and it's it's really important to do that as as you get into this, you know, the higher level of baseball, it's not it's not the same. You got to really take care of yourself when you get better.
Speaker 2: So what have you heard about the nanoscope surgery? Terry Scoopball had it. We're here any starting a week later. Uh, less invasive, but still I mean you got to go into the elbow and you're removing stuff, so it's it's kind of serious.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, no, I I I definitely I was. I was told that I wanted to get some I partially tore my rotator cuff in the bicep tendon and they were going to do surgery. But the second recommendation was the nanoscope.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 7: And I probably will get it, especially the recovery time. I know that it's it's less of thing, like you said, less evasive, and you come back faster and stronger again. Got it, got to take care of yourself as you come back. But I think it's a better procedure for the pictures in the All.
Speaker 2: Right, Jimmy, great to hear for me. Great to hear from another Burrows Indian slash bear.
Speaker 4: So keep it coming.
Speaker 3: I appreciate it. Right, I'll be hear to them on for sure.
Speaker 7: I will talk Tom.
Speaker 3: I appreciate kids. All right.
Speaker 2: There he goes Jimmy from Santa Crea. I appreciate him. Checking in on this Friday night. Let's wrap things up. But if we can't get to you, I apologize Glenn and Himmet.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be our.
Speaker 2: Final call here on Dodger Talk on this Friday night after the Dodgers shut out the Angels with a six nothing win.
Speaker 4: How you doing, Glenn, I'm doing fine.
Speaker 8: Thanks for taking my call. Sure, you mentioned pictures and I was wondering what about Bobby Miller and Gavin Stone and what other pictures are gonna be coming off the Disabled US.
Speaker 2: Yeah, unfortunately, two guys you just mentioned. I appreciate the phone call, Glenn. Two guys you just mentioned that are just not healthy right now and not even pitching. And Gavin Stone at some point will get healthy, we hope, and get right. But he's up for another setback. Bobby Miller just hasn't got anything, no traction really here in twenty twenty six because of an arm injury.
Speaker 4: So two guys, if.
Speaker 2: You're holding your breath and you're waiting for them to be the next guy up, I wouldn't hold your breath for them. I mean you're looking more realistically at a river, Ryan A Cole, Irvin A. Palul tr Vase as guys that would be brought up to help out this Dodger's team if they needed as starter or some innings eating up at any point in the next few weeks. While Tyler Glass now gets healthy with the back and certainly we find out the long term status of Blake Snell, well that's gonna.
Speaker 4: Do it for Dodger talk.
Speaker 2: Don't forget at Santa Anita, you can celebrate ninety years of racing. Tomorrow's the Preakness, so they're gonna have it on the TV's there. You can watch the second leg of the Triple Crown the Preakness race tomorrow afternoon. But they got racing as well at Santa and Neita. It's a great time at the great race place, heart pounding action, new experiences. Visit it at Santa Anita dot com slash events to find out all the information about what you can find tomorrow on Preaking this Saturday. Next to Colin Ye Theanks to all you Dodger fans for being the part of the show.
Speaker 4: Tonay night.
Speaker 2: Tonight, as the Dodgers get a six to nothing shutout win over the Angels, they announced that Blake Snell was not starting going to be a bullpen game. Then he was going on the il he thought, oh no, how can this be. They're just starting a nine game road trip, but they gave the ball to the bullpen.
Speaker 4: Will climb first guy up.
Speaker 2: Two shutout innings at Cardo Enriquez, Blake Trying and Wyatt Mills, Kyle Hurt, Alex Vesia, Jack Tryer, Charles Barnes, all of them combined to put up Zeros and the Dodgers three home runs Pajez, Muncy, Hernandez. Dodgers beat the Angels six to nothing. As they now improved a twenty seven and eighteen, They're gonna take a three game winning streak into tomorrow's game.
Speaker 4: First pitch, six thirty eight.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck in It all started at five thirty Shusta Robuski and Jose Siriono. Until then, have a great SAT rest of your Friday night. Thanks for being a part of it. Your talk is over here on Anti seventy l A Sports and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: So long, everybody, Let's just say