Speaker 1: Hey, good morning everybody. Welcome to a little patch of morning show. Here we are January twelfth. It is seven o six. If you're listening live, it's whatever time it is. If you're not, it's time for must that's.
Speaker 2: What time here.
Speaker 1: Thank you must win. I can't tell you how concerned Zacho was why he didn't he didn't see you anymore if you were coming. He was very concerned. What do you mean, alms put out an amber alert for He was cute, kind it was kind of cute. Yeah, he was like, where's our boy? Where's our boy? Oh? Thank god? Must is here? Oh see here right? Yeah, kind of No, it definitely was. Yeah, near tears.
Speaker 3: What is your it says a bull? Old okay, like as old bull like that. No, it's a charity event that I'll be hosting once again.
Speaker 1: I'm honored to do that. It's just on the pier lake. Yeah, yeah, this is this the frozen lake bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, there's a lot of frozen lakes.
Speaker 1: No, it's only one par lake. Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's super sweet. It's a lot of fun. You're bowling literally on the ice. They drill out the holes so that way the ball will like sitting cradle in there and uh yeah, it's.
Speaker 1: A lot of fun. I will not be participating as there's no evidence that charity works.
Speaker 3: Every every year they pick a like a different family or a different organization.
Speaker 1: That they help support.
Speaker 4: So the goal is to go on the ice and put your balls in the hole.
Speaker 1: Yes, we go balls deep. You know what I like? Your MIC's like, Corey, go on, I've been doing this radio show with you for so long. Is I looked over at you and I saw your hand go.
Speaker 5: And you know exactly what to do, and you have this look on your face of just like yep, continue And so I start thinking to myself, which one's he going to hit?
Speaker 1: And I diagnosed that one. I knew which. But the look on your face is serene, like I've got the perfect Well, I.
Speaker 4: Mean nine times out of ten I'm hitting.
Speaker 1: Yes, just didn't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, naughty or that's where we're gonna be coming up on February seven.
Speaker 1: I love the naughty or Yeah, great place, cool name. Yeah, it'll be fun, it'd be fun. Dane and Larry they always do a great job.
Speaker 4: Dane and Larry.
Speaker 1: Fane sane as th h very much. You really don't Yeah, Thane if you're horny, Yeah, you are a definitely as horny guarantee of that sane short for something. No, it's just same. Yeah, that's his first name. I'm going to live forever. People in Medford are weird. So that's where he's from. Oregon, Nope, Minnesota. My friends and I used to say he was insane in the membrane that we called him, and then we just called him the Hill, and now he's mountain Top.
Speaker 4: That's exactly how that would have gone.
Speaker 1: The show's dumb.
Speaker 6: We're never winning the Golden Globe for Best Podcast.
Speaker 1: Chris Hawk, Hi, it's the news with me. I mean, we don't have to do that. We don't have sponsor anymore, so you guys want to hear the news, which, by.
Speaker 6: The way, let's go back to just for a second, not to not to not to get off of this. Not only are we gonna win, We're never gonna win a Golden Globe for Best Podcast, right because Amy Poehler is better than us.
Speaker 1: We can't even win an iHeartRadio Award.
Speaker 6: We don't even get nominated for our own Companies award.
Speaker 1: I think if they gave an award away for best Morning show on Cafe and we'd lose. I don't even nominated. We'd lose to the half assed morning show. They're on the iHeart Radio app. Right, then they deserve it. Those guys are great. Love all those guys. Good morning guys. Let's see. Oh this is big. Minnesota sun Country Airlines is being acquired by Allegiant. Whoopsie, oh this sucks and a one point five billion dollar deal. Oh wait, that's it. I was I was thinking the same thing, like, it's gotta be more than that. Wouldn't believe it. That's it, Yeah, less than a basketball team. Right on Sunday, Allegiant announced the deal and they pledge to maintain a significant presence. Sure sounds convincing. Yeah. CEOs of both companies said the acquisition would ultimately benefit air travelers and Minnesota. But for those of us who use sun Country specifically, good to Vegas.
Speaker 4: Good luck all right, but this but Allegiance is based in Vegas.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 4: I believes the stadium is named after it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so look, I know there's a lot of people that are upset about this, and ultimately it's probably bad. Right, that might be not debatable, it's going to be bad, But here's the butt.
Speaker 4: Let's say the prices go up a little.
Speaker 6: Bit because they're not going to do the old Sun Country stuff and cycled just like we can charge more because whatever we can do whatever we want. Sure, it might be a little more expensive. But what if instead of two or three options a day, there's like ten flights from Minneapolis Vegas and we can just go there whenever we want. Right, let's just talk about us for a second. As the city I travel to the most is Las Vegas. What if there's just NonStop options because that's their hub. They like Vegas now, they have a presence here. Let's make it about us. We turned that front up so you can go to Sure, we're going to pay double, but we can go to Vegas now whenever we want. You want to leave in fifteen minutes, get on an Allegiant flight. Yeah, oh, you missed that one. Wait seven minutes, there's another one, jackpot. Maybe let's see if that works at you. It's a new year, knew me.
Speaker 1: If approved by regulators and investors checked us out, the Twin Cities will be without a scheduled service commercial airline for the first time since the Great Depression. I don't know, I don't know what that means. Yeah, and we won't have like a scheduled service commercial airline of our own.
Speaker 7: A standalone yeah yeah, right, Okay, that's hubby, you repeating the same term.
Speaker 6: Did not?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm like, I still don't know what that means. Because we have Delta here. Delta feels like a home there. It was Northwest before that. They're headquartered in Atlanta. I know, I yeah, I get that, but it just seems like there's better because it is a hubb.
Speaker 6: It feels like, sure, well, sauce, you flown a plane, why don't you start an airline?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I have phone a plane.
Speaker 4: It's uh yeah, you're like the Nathan Fielder of the fan.
Speaker 1: Somebody let you fly a plane? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Not really?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Local uh Thunderbird Aviation I think it was yeah really yes, got Eden Prairie?
Speaker 1: Yes? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah. Would you get on a flight if he was the pilot?
Speaker 1: Nope, nope. Where's the thing, especially when he comes on?
Speaker 2: Oh god, so everyone, Uh we're gonna be flying over I don't know for sure, I fellow sleep that would probably be it work on your pressure.
Speaker 1: I question getting on a plane if he's just a passenger, that's a huge bit. No, there was that face. Did you know that button was gonna get separate one?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: It's uh, it's fun. I don't think I could do it again.
Speaker 7: But what if they came out and said that we can't take off because we have a weight problem?
Speaker 1: Christ Like, what if?
Speaker 6: What if right before Oleah's plane took off, they're like, look, we got way too much luggage.
Speaker 1: It's not gonna work.
Speaker 6: So they take all the bags off and they're like, you're gonna have to drop one member of your entourage as well, and.
Speaker 1: They just all side eyed the hell out of you. I'm not that fat, You're not.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 1: We agree. The whole plane just stops and stairs at the pilot.
Speaker 4: Hey, all right, you guys, and Brady has to explain how if the tip of the airplane is pointed down, it's not gonna fly right.
Speaker 1: And I'll get off.
Speaker 4: I'd laugh when the pilot comes back and you see him with a neck pillow on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love pillow.
Speaker 2: We know.
Speaker 1: We walked around London for seven hours with it on. Yeah that was nice. Yeah. Officials are looking for multiple monkeys that have been on the loose for several days in Saint Louis, Missouri's Department of Health said the Primates believed to be Vervet monkeys I've been to have been spotted in and around O'Fallon Park. The monkeys are native to African are gray in color with a black face, and it's not clear when the animals went missing or even more so where they came from.
Speaker 4: What if this is just viral marketing for that new movie Primates.
Speaker 1: Which I didn't know anything about until I saw it was in theaters.
Speaker 6: The reviews are like, I guess it's not as dumb as it looks. It looks dumb right now people like it.
Speaker 1: What was the movie you just said?
Speaker 2: You saw?
Speaker 8: Maxill No Other Choice, and it's about it. It's about a guy that he got fired from his job. He lives this really lavish life and then he's kind of obviously he's like about to lose everything, and he ends up trying to kill everybody that's going to apply for the job that he wants to apply.
Speaker 1: Awesome by the guy that made Old Boy Choice. You guys ever seen Old Boy? Yeah, it's ninety eight percent on Rotten to me. Yeah, it's phenomenal. Subtitles.
Speaker 8: Yeah, some subtitles. Yeah, he's one of the most like acclaimed directors in the world, and it's just it's incredible where he knows how to put out a.
Speaker 1: Camera a camera, man, I know, I saw what was Old Boy again. It was like an old revenge like that.
Speaker 6: Was where Brad Pitt agent reverse Benjamin Button syndrome.
Speaker 7: Hey, max O, Hey, how would you feel about if you caught a monkey in black face?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 8: That's I was thinking about that. I was like, Wow, African blackface monkeys. I don't know about that.
Speaker 1: Man, Like, man, what are you doing that? That sounds like some of the things I was getting called on Twitter yesterday. Oh my god, I can only imagine. Is that right? Oh yeah, yeah, Well go through the list. A new study says your dog is listening to you more than you think unless your friend meets us. Yeah, muppet, that's.
Speaker 4: My dog, Saucy. Thank you to appreciate you guys all have dogs.
Speaker 7: That's the dogs are like Alexa Siri, Like you think that they're like not listening and they're sleeping and you're like, I'm gonna go for a walk and they're like, oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, would you did you say? Well?
Speaker 6: All of it's a word that they like, or if it's sleep, they'll come sprinting down stairs like that. That's that's for me. Otherwise, if you call their name, they don't care.
Speaker 9: Researchers from the University of Hungary say seven out of ten dogs tested eavesdrop on their owner's conversations. The study says the dogs listened when owners talked about a new dog toy, and we're able to locate said toy later in the day. The findings might not translate to your dog, as the test involved border Collies and labs, both wildly known for being smart. What researchers say the study shows dogs have a lot more going on than they thought.
Speaker 1: Free tennis. That's great. So they're saying the dog was listening and heard where the toy was and we're able to go find it. That's that's not just listening. That's interpreting. But this is always that.
Speaker 3: That's you know they talk about Oh, if dogs could talk, you know, if you could hear what they I don't want them to know.
Speaker 1: I don't want them to talk about the things that they've cat would just be in therapy. Your cat would be blind. You don't know what these eyes of sleep, Yeah, clothes out if I could. Yeah, that's crazy summer now.
Speaker 7: Yeah, what do you think your dogs would sound like if if you had that little voice thing that in the movie Up, Well, that dog had the little voice translator squirrel? Would you like Hawk? It sounds like your cat would be like an old English professor.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, she would. She'd be like, oh those things like sleep.
Speaker 4: I think my dogs would sound like howvy are dem and fran Dresser. Mine would probably sound like the camel from the cigarette ads. That would be muppet because Muppets lived a tough life, and Winnies would probably sound like Barney Rubble.
Speaker 1: Whinnie would be because she's so sad you's forgotten.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they left me home by myself.
Speaker 1: This is weeks. It's a pretty good ere. Thank you.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: Star used to call me yours? You sure did, We all did behind your back.
Speaker 4: Sure that's funny, not anymore. No, you're much happier.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: NASA's International Space Station's crew will make an early return to Earth. We have talked about this once. The administration made the decision after one of the four crew members fell ill. They're reportedly in stable condition. The crew is expected to return home this week, making the first ever medical evacuation in the history of the International Space Station. Splashdown's currently said for Thursday off the coast to California, but still no word on what's wrong.
Speaker 6: Wasn't splashdown the phrase that Phil dunfi and Ed O'Neil's character had with the accidentally touched asses in the gym locker room?
Speaker 4: Wasn't that called a splashdown?
Speaker 1: You know you're going to have to answer that question?
Speaker 6: Yea, somebody on Twitter at powers up KFE and if you're a Modern Family fan, wasn't that the bit when they accidentally touched on like.
Speaker 1: Changing every episode? I don't remember that. I think it was called a splashdown.
Speaker 4: That's a great show.
Speaker 1: I don't get the phrasing though.
Speaker 6: It was like, you know, you're you're facing opposite directions changing in a locker room, but then you like both, Yeah, why you just splash down?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Can we re enact it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Sauce, take your plants on and turn around. All right, Well you are correct, that's what it was called.
Speaker 7: And yeah, it's basically because when you land on the moon, that's they call it a splashdown, and so it's a moon.
Speaker 1: A question and an answer. Imagine that. Jeez, we actually nice Google Zach.
Speaker 4: Hey, it's nasty human a week.
Speaker 1: So somebody bring us pizza please? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: Am I right?
Speaker 4: One of the best parts of Seventh Avenue pizza is that it's available. It is in a story in store. You can get a Jerry's and Brinks and Brinks what card not?
Speaker 1: What really matters?
Speaker 10: What is this bit called fan fib five fan with sauce sports? Right after this on the fans, how you doing?
Speaker 1: They listened Our guy, Alan Horton is good at his job. Listen to this hate to shoot to the elbow.
Speaker 3: He rives up the jumper, rolls off, no readound, tapped around him, Penny out to Fox three ball.
Speaker 1: No readoun temper bolls Ham at the ball game.
Speaker 3: The biggest cut back to the season the Wolves really from nineteen.
Speaker 1: Down to stun the Spurs. What a four?
Speaker 6: What a three?
Speaker 1: It was a good game like that. Oh it was a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 8: That last sequence was just I mean, injected straight into my veins. Victor Webbin Yama gets switched on Anthony Edwards. He dances on him, hesitates, takes it to the room, takes the lead and the.
Speaker 1: Target Center's just going absolutely nuts. Man, it was. It was awesome. It was. It was a signature win for them this season for sure. Were you in the building, No, I wasn't. I was.
Speaker 8: I was watching it at home. I was doing I was doing the two screen bit watching some NFL as well.
Speaker 1: But it was, man, it was.
Speaker 8: It was electric, and the whole Target Center is just raining down. MVP chants on him, and the Wolves are hype afterwards because they know it means something because the Spurs are not just the future, they're the right now.
Speaker 1: They could come out of the Western Conference this year, so it was it was a big deal for them to make that comeback. Here's joyous. Randall feel like a playoff.
Speaker 11: Game, you know, to be honest, when you know, making that Ryan coming back in the fourth quarter, you know, every stop it seemed like they got more into it. Every bucket or a huge shot that we made, they got more into it. So we definitely fed off their energy. And you know, the cap it off with the defensive stop and you know it was electric when you know the buzzer went off. So it's fun, man, you know, it makes the games. You know, like he say, it's the dog days of the season, but it makes the games fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's time for a fan five on the Power Trip, presented by All Around your Timber deck deck building contractor thank you all Around.
Speaker 4: Well everyone, then hang on my MIC's son on. Hey man, how is everybody great?
Speaker 1: So great?
Speaker 4: Thank you for asking?
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 4: I'm all right? Everything good? Yeah, everything's good. Yeah, yes, you look good.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 1: You've been losing weight.
Speaker 4: I have not, but I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look at how small you are? Why is the why's your shirt match the wall? That kind of does it's been the lighting. Yeah, yeah, trying to blend in.
Speaker 4: Uh No, I don't think I blend in anywhere.
Speaker 1: I think you've been blending some blizzards in your life. Yeah. I used to work there. I mean that hat has had some work. That hat is a disaster. My goodness, that hat is. Take it off and show the camera the inside of that hat. I dareia the inside. Yeah, look at this this thing is. Yeah, look at that's been used? Have you dropped that? Im manure? And I asked you about it the other day and you blind your young son? Why did you put pine tar in your hat?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What are you doing. Maybe you've been changing oil. What's going on?
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, I don't know how to do that. I go to youngstuds for that.
Speaker 1: How how long have you had that hat?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: Probably ten years?
Speaker 5: Sure?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well would you see some things? I wonder if there's a like a test zacho, maybe you can find her something like that to see just how filthy that that is. Like if we took a like a like a blue light or black light away recalling.
Speaker 4: I think did it swap it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd like to see how many different species of bacterium he's on there. I would not like to take a black light to that one. That's a good point.
Speaker 4: What if you took a black light to it and it was the names of fifty cars? Great film?
Speaker 1: Great film? Oh so good? I don't get it. It's a gun in sixty seconds reference. They had the list, oh yeah, hidden in black lights, and.
Speaker 4: Then they caught onto it because the one guy they found the warehouse and then he was like, why is there a bunch of black light ball breakage everywhere? Well, only if you're trying to hide something. And then it dawned on them and they went and got one.
Speaker 1: And there was the list there. It was Yeah, it's said in the script, why is there a bunch of black light ball breakage?
Speaker 4: Yep, yeah, what it says us, that's well they were did the guys say, he said, why is there a lot of black light bull breakage?
Speaker 1: He said it faster than that. What did he say? Why is there a lot of black light ball breakage everywhere? Ball breakage? For sure?
Speaker 4: And then one guy said, I don't know, maybe they're hiding something. And then the guy took the black light to the other guy's face and it looked like a disaster.
Speaker 1: Somebody who saw that movie's asking for their money. You know. The other guy is exactly, Yeah, I love that guy. I love that Guy's so funny. Have you seen the bit?
Speaker 4: I think he He was on a podcast telling a story of probably I think it was Conan's, and he was talking about how his something like his family took a picture with Hawk's guy that looks just like him. They get confused and they use it as their Christmas card.
Speaker 1: That's funny.
Speaker 4: His mom, Timothy Oliphant's mom saw it and didn't recognize that it was that's funny. Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's a good bit.
Speaker 6: And again in the office where olafants a guess star for like a couple of episodes. When he walks into the office Kelly Kelly's character Minnie Kallan's character Kelly actually says, like, you look like Josh Deamel.
Speaker 1: Like that's actually the joke in the show.
Speaker 6: Even as that those two looked that similar must be rough for both of them confused to the other.
Speaker 1: One good and uh, what's part of time in Hollywood? I can't believe you haven't seen that in that movie too. Yes, I didn't know. Yes, it's so damn damn it. Guy, it's like all my favorite people. You've seen it, right, I have seen it. I didn't recognize him, Yeah, Ben, you're it's a great I just don't know which character. He's the actor, I'm sorry, the actor who is in the movie with Leo DiCaprio. Yeah, I know, I'm just trying to I'm once upon a time in Hollywood. Yeah, I'm I mean, remember they're filming a movie in the movie in the Yeah, and he's the the new actor in the Western Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, no, I recall good. Yeah, I've seen that movie maybe more than any other movie that's been made in the last ten years. I loved that film. The sequels coming out this year, I know, I can't wait Brad Pitt's character gets his own movie. Did you see Justified Hawk? I've seen episodes and I don't know why I've never watched a lot of us. It's great, great shown that'd be a show I should watch. That doesn't seem like like something that is you know, like I can't start watching now outdated? Yeah, that's yeah, holds up.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and well I believe Walton Goggin's character was supposed to be a one off throwaways in season one.
Speaker 1: Then everybody loved it. Yeah, I love funny. Yeah. Did you see the Eastbound of Down scene where his thing was out for like ten minutes. It's a fake thing, it's a prosthetic, but it's the most it's the funniest thing because everybody in the room's like, please put that away. Uncle. Oh yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's super character in White Lotus this year was fantastic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just a good actor. Man. You got to watch that yet too. The first episode of the Pit picked up just as good as the last episode last year. That shows so good. Yeah, one best drama. We'll talk about that later. Super and Noel Wiley won Best Actor. He should type cast by the way it's been working. Yeah, that's the pit, right, that's the pit. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean if you've been talking about it, Yeah, if you if you only do one thing super well, that's okay.
Speaker 1: You just got to do it super super well. Sauce with sports, I can't do it. I believe in you. Oh said that though.
Speaker 4: Yep, you are correct. The first person who's ever said, how does that feel? It's a compliment. It's very nice, especially from you, Ben Oh. We talked about it. But the Wolves won one O four, one O three and had twenty three. The Wolves have won five of six. They are twenty six and fourteen and max. So the runner over the weekend is John Morant is available maybe for a trade.
Speaker 1: Your thoughts.
Speaker 8: I've seen the reports that conflicting reports that Timberwlves were interested and then the Timberwolves were not interested. I think it all depends on the price point. I think I don't think anybody would argue that John Rant is a super talented player.
Speaker 1: When he's at his best, he's a top ten point guard in the NBA.
Speaker 8: But he just hasn't been at his best for a really long time and obviously has a lot of off court issues. But I think if Trey Young went for as little as he did, a guy with that, a guy that's been a better player and has less of that reputation off the court. I think John Morandon is the price is going to be cheaper than people think, But I don't know if it's going to be cheap enough.
Speaker 1: No, No, he's here. Do we trade for him?
Speaker 7: So he would be a locker room issue, is what you're saying. That's that's his Duffel bag, that's his backpack. When he walks in and puts his duffle back down, backpack down, This is what happened.
Speaker 1: He just dropped the bag. That's all that happened. Yep, there you go.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: He's got a lot of different types of guns, even some World War two so the musket of the really big Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: The forty nine Ers beat the Eagles twenty three nineteen rock parties from two touchdowns.
Speaker 1: They will battle the number one.
Speaker 4: Seed Seahawks in Seattle, and the Seahawks are an early seven point favorite. George Kittle yesterday tore his achilles down for a while.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that sucked. They got a lot of injuries there. Yeah as well. Yeah, Seattle, I definitely think wins that game.
Speaker 7: Sauce, How are you feeling in the early parts of that game, because brock Party was not playing very well.
Speaker 6: Great, he started off extremely well and then then got a little cold in the middle and then finished strong. These nails though when it matters, the two picks were terrible the rest of the game. I thought, he's.
Speaker 1: Nails when matters though, that drive to win the game was looking were changing.
Speaker 4: Wow, it's like Dallas Turner two point over there, look at him flipped Yeah, when it matters. I mean, we talked about it earlier. The fact that Tom Brady, as Corey said, compares everybody else to Tom Brady is incredible. When he was like Jalen Hurts, stop rolling out so quickly. The pocket is wide open. Yeah, stop doing that. You cut off half the field.
Speaker 2: That was.
Speaker 1: Do you hear talking about that?
Speaker 2: Ben?
Speaker 1: Yes? Yeah? Do you agree? I mean, I love it. I'm not saying it's a dig I love it because I love that Tom Brady has such opinions. But I do love also that he compares everybody else to himself, and it's like you you can't do that not everybody's Tom Brady. Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm luke warm on his whole performance. Yeah, I thought he's gotten way better. No, I'm not saying that he's gotten I'm not saying that he hasn't gotten better. I just I just don't really enjoy listening to him. There's just something about the there's a I don't know, this is like a the information that he's offering in the way that he offers it.
Speaker 1: I just I don't know. It's not my I just don't drive with it.
Speaker 6: And we've discussed this in the past. Uh, the opinions of the group here on Tony Romo, but did.
Speaker 1: You see it?
Speaker 6: Twitter was basically saying Romo's performance yesterday was rock bottom, and some people called it the worst playoff broadcast ever.
Speaker 1: I don't get that. I mean, he just got he got dumped on hard yesterday. Hard wasn't great, but it wouldn't like sell. It was the worst ever, the worst one going, and it's not close. And I hate saying.
Speaker 4: This is al Michaels and he's signed, he's not enthusiastic. There was like a big lead change and he was like touchdown rams or whatever.
Speaker 1: Game they were doing. It's not good. He's terrible. He's old and he loves steaks and yeah, Ben, did you just say that you agree Romo was terrible.
Speaker 7: I think Romo is one of the worst announcers in the no kidding, Yeah, I'm I'm just I'm not a fan of his. He he talks over nan Nance is the goat, like he and Tarico are the top of the top, right, and and he just walks all over him. It's all about Tony Romo. It's it's it's blabbering. It's just like there's sometimes there's no coherent connected thought. It's just talking. Yeah, and then and then he doesn't talk. He just makes noises. I'm like, it's not I don't think it's that good. I mean, does he belong on a broadcast?
Speaker 1: Sure? Does he?
Speaker 7: I think does he deserve to be on the A crew? No, if his name wasn't Tony Romo, I don't think that he'd be on the broadcast.
Speaker 1: You just said this.
Speaker 6: But a little over a day ago, Sauce, you tweeted al Michaels is terrible.
Speaker 2: He is.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: A little over a day ago, you tweeted the Bears coach tries way too hard.
Speaker 4: That was in the first half going forward on weird fourth downs. I stand by that.
Speaker 6: A little over a day ago, you tweeted, every team playing this weekend has drafted extremely well they have.
Speaker 4: I mean, the Patriots start three rookies on offense. The Rams are where they are. I mean the quarterback they didn't draft, but like that entire defensive line they drafted. Those are Puka Nakua they drafted. Little over a day ago, you tweeted the Wolves are terrible.
Speaker 1: Well they were when they lost that one game to uh Cleveland.
Speaker 6: Four.
Speaker 1: That was bad, right, Max.
Speaker 6: Oh. A little over a day ago you tweeted, the Rudy Gobert trade is the best trade in Minnesota sports history.
Speaker 1: Jesus, I mean probably what about the Minnesota sports history. Probably about the Q trade we just made there with the old wife, I mean, but true.
Speaker 4: But I mean, Rudy Gobert is the reason they've been to back to back, one of the reasons they've been to back to back Western Conference finals.
Speaker 6: Three days ago you tweeted the old miss coach ran to the bench and didn't make the entrance about him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was amazing. I didn't know you could do that.
Speaker 6: Three days ago, you tweeted a gift of a hawk turning its head and the caption read who loves Boston Blue on CBS.
Speaker 1: It's so good. He was a text about it. Whole family that's going on.
Speaker 4: He ston't cross he missed it because it's on Fridays.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got it though, It's on my DVR. Let's tape it twot.
Speaker 6: A little over two days ago, you tweeted, Initials is coming up next on the Power Trip. Grab version six of the home game right now at Initials game dot com with a listen link.
Speaker 1: You retweeted that, Yeah, wow, thank you.
Speaker 6: Of course, Viking's News is organic the Power Trip Morning Show on the Fan.
Speaker 1: Hi, everybody, it's time for Vikings News, presented by Obsess with pro story. There's really no Vikings news, but there's plenty of football news playing things going on in the world of football.
Speaker 3: Ben and I were talking about how much stuff we got to do on a Sunday. Yeah, we were just like, it was awesome. It was fantastic. Three games on that was amazing day.
Speaker 1: Yeah that I'm with you. That is a lot of fun. I did enjoy the entire weekend of football Saturday.
Speaker 3: It was a lot of fun because we did h football, garage, beers, gars and gummies. What a wonderful, wonderful way to want No way, I got t shirt. Yes, yeah, it's fantastic. It sounds like a bumper sticker. Oh and before we go into this, you guys were talking about in the initials game, which came up organically if we go on. Yeah, so we got a new thing that we're doing at Creeks Bend. When I go down there for simulated golf on Friday mornings, we actually we wager.
Speaker 1: How about that I'm betting go on.
Speaker 3: So what we do is we go it's five dollars, so every round goes hot chocolate. You didn't help me at all on that one, by the way, because you got it on the very first yes, very first clue.
Speaker 4: How does the gambling work?
Speaker 3: Though, So if if you're sitting there, so there's like four of us sitting there, five dollars a pop, if you actually answer it before anybody else on the show answers it, then you get five.
Speaker 6: Bucks from everyone or just totally from everyone. Oh man, yeah, how many pay how many items paid out on Friday?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Just one actually and was it you or somebody else did? Yeah? So you made like how much money? Twenty five bucks? Whatever? You buy beers with it, no garage, beers and gummies. It was eight o'clock in the morning time, so you waited an hour?
Speaker 4: Pigeonholed, pull your hands up, Adam Schefter is tweeted.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 4: The Packers are now expected to try and work out a deal with Matt Lafour.
Speaker 1: He's back, all right, start over? So witched up his first Dan Man, We have breaking news. Can I please have your attention. I've just been handed in.
Speaker 3: The urgent at a horrifying news story and I hate all of you to stop what.
Speaker 4: You're doing and listen breaking NFL news.
Speaker 1: Here's the fans, Paul Lambert. The Packers.
Speaker 4: Are expected to try and work out a deal in the coming days to keep head coach Matt law fluor.
Speaker 1: Ingrieving if you sorry, I don't, I don't pay attention. Charlie chaplain in the great dictator on the Packers. So, yeah, they're going to keep their coach. There you go, he should he's a good coach.
Speaker 12: Yeah yeah, yeah, if you, if you, I really thought when he heard it a second time, you weren't even going to say the last No, you're just gonna say the Packers head coach.
Speaker 4: No, they're gonna and gentlemen, if you they're gonna try and keep them. Good news for I think some Packer fans they like him. Yeah, I don't think a lot of them do, though.
Speaker 1: God please put that on the buttons. I got to hear it again. Definitely should be fired.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 6: All we had we had, uh what Will Rekerd first team All Pro and our guy Andrew depaula second team All Pro. So a couple of all No Pro Bowl. There's no how does Will Rekerd be first team All Pro kicker but didn't make the Pro Bowl. I've said this for years and years and years. The Pro Bowl voting is aft. It's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: We should do Ben's Pro Bowl picks?
Speaker 4: Is there?
Speaker 1: Like if you were going to pick one player non special teams from the Vikings' non special teams on special teams. Yeah, well Eric Wilson should have been a Pro Bowl There you go. Perfect, can't believe he wasn't.
Speaker 7: What a year that guy had, just not enough reps, not enough games. It's it's it's a popularity contest. It's a recognition.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 7: It is ridiculou Again, I don't know if they've changed the way that they do it. From a player standpoint, it is equal parts fans, writers, I think, or people in the ORG, and then players get a vout, so it's like one thirty piece. All I know is from the player standpoint, it's a complete sham. Like these guys they don't watch games. The only watch the cross film of the games that you're watching, and you're not really watching technically like the way that you probably should be watching these guys' performances.
Speaker 1: And most of the time it's a four game breakdown.
Speaker 7: But in my experience, most guys are probably watching two games of their opponents. They're not putting a they're not putting a ton of ton of work in as much as you think. Sure, and so we get a sheet, we get a staple packet of like all of the leaders in every position as far as stats go, and so guys would be like, oh, look I had stats, I'll just circle him. I'll just circle that guy. He's take the top guy at the top of the list. It's not it's not necessarily how it works, or you know, it's like, oh, well, I'll put this guy because he's got name recognition.
Speaker 1: This guy, this guy and me. Yeah right, And and I've been in I've.
Speaker 7: Been in voting uh situations where one of the vets will get up and basically do a brief presentation on why this other guy from another team should be making the Pro Bowl like politic for their friends. And so the younger guy's like, Okay, the veteran gullies the should vote for this guy. I'm just going to vote for him. It's ridiculous. Well said, Yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 1: Well said, right, I believe you. You don't have to. It's been a lot of years. It's been a lot of years.
Speaker 7: I mean, if I would love to have a current player come in and talk about what the Pro Bowl voting looks like.
Speaker 1: From a player standpoint today, in this day and age, that'd be neat. Yeah, I mean it would be a great. It would be a great.
Speaker 7: Like ninety seconds, who's gonna be the best at dodgeball? Really, don't rip the Pro Bowl? Right, It's like on a Tuesday now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's fun. I'm glad it's its own based on Twitter, which is like this is kind of like the Pro Bowl games. It looks like you watched the first episode of Fear Factor with Knoxville.
Speaker 1: I watched most of it and then I turned away because I got grossed out. Really yeah, I can't do the gross stuff and I can't do the snakes man the gross stuff. I can't watch people eat things. So what kind of stuff did they make him eat? An episode?
Speaker 2: One?
Speaker 1: Like I said, I turned away, but I know that at one point they had to eat I forget what it was, but it already had maggots on it. You had to eat the thing that had the maggots on us, Yeah, I know.
Speaker 6: One.
Speaker 1: Another one was something like brains with pig snouts on it, like literal, and they didn't look like they weren't pig snouts. It was the whole pig snout. And I'm like, I can't do it. So I watched the thing where they put them in the big giant plastic bags and then sucked all the air out of there, and I was like, that's that would be hard.
Speaker 6: That's the definition of And you'd be good on that show, right the eating thing. You'd be out of everybody here that I know, you'd be the best at a good point. You really would, because you could do it. I think I could do the food stuff. I could not do the claustrophobia or the water stuff. Really yeah, i'd freak out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Johnny Knoxville is the perfect guy to be doing that show, although he does seem to not know what' cit.
Speaker 8: He's no, he's hit is permanently damaged.
Speaker 1: And see it.
Speaker 6: But the logic is the same of why I love Ken Jennings. Right, when Ken Jennings tells you what the answer is on Jeopardy, it's like he didn't even have to read that. He knew what the answer was. Knoxville is willing to do it. Oh yeah, it's a believable host to go like, get in that bag. Well you wouldn't do it, of course I would. I'm Johnny Knoxville. Nothing, get out of my way.
Speaker 1: I'll win this money. Yeah, he's done way worse way less nail. You're screwed him to that two by four? Sure? Yeah again, I love Knoxville. Yeah right, yeah, I'm with you. Good stuff.
Speaker 6: And they said, well last week they announced another Jackass movies coming out this week or this year, this summer, and.
Speaker 1: You had to sign the rights to his former shows or something like that. Yeah, I forget yeah over jackass baby. By the way, guys, I'm sure you all noticed. But for those people who didn't. With the wins this weekend, I means three NFC West teams are staying alive in the playoffs. Three teams from one conference. Yeah, the Seattle, the forty nine Ers, and the ram the same division.
Speaker 4: I know, we don't know like the times, but on ESPN right now it has the Bills and the Broncos and then the Niners and Seahawks on Saturday. Did they just put that there? Or will those games be it Saturday? We're just waiting for whatday?
Speaker 1: Okay, those are definitely said. The Niner Seahawks game is going to be elite, do you think really? Yes? In Seattle man crowd, it's going to be injuries. Yeah.
Speaker 6: But then Sunday Rams and Bears in Chicago, and then whoever wins Tonight's game is at the New England Patriots and who else is going to be.
Speaker 1: At that game? And I will be at that game?
Speaker 7: Why why, I'll be working with Westwood one doing the sideline for the Patriots game. So they'll be playing either the Texans or the Steelers.
Speaker 1: So yeah, thank you.
Speaker 7: So my my best guestimate is that will be the early game. Hopefully it's the noon game so I can make it back home on Sunday night. I can't imagine they'll put that game.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's really great, dude. Yeah, you nervous at all? No, No, I mean I will be once, you know, once we get to that point. But who's your team? Do you know?
Speaker 4: I'm sorry?
Speaker 1: Who you broadcasting? No, I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 7: I was just asked late last night, Hey, got you scheduled for the Patriots game?
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah blah. Get a hold of so and so for travel, And that was it. That's kind of feel good man to do for you.
Speaker 7: I mean, it's kind of the same. I mean, they don't they don't use me when I've done these games. They don't use me in the way that like, you know, I'm used here. You know, it's it is a little bit more analysis from the sideline than other sideline reporters that they use. But you know, they don't come down to me as much, you know, during a game for analysis.
Speaker 6: Yes, Corey, your hand is up and this is six days out, but the weather forecast for two degrees sixty chance of snow, though you might have a like a perfect snow game where it's not freezing cold, it's like nice but snow.
Speaker 7: Yeah, But that sucks because as as justin Garden and I have talked about this, there's no great way to protect your notes in precipitation. So and I am I am one that likes to take a lot of notes, as somebody in New York can attest to when they found my notebook. So it's hard to write notes because I was doing the Philadelphia game last year, the playoff game for Westwood as well, and there was it was like sleep. So I would write a note down and it would immediately just start to smear. And I'm like, you know, because I don't have the brain capacity to remember all the details anymore, so I need to write it down.
Speaker 4: What sauce, What could you do? You can have some ideas to avoid that smear problem.
Speaker 1: I have an idea.
Speaker 4: It's not a good one, it's not even great, it's not even I would take like, could you put like an iPad in like a like a bag, like a like a big gallon bag, and then type the notes as you go or write on it no, oh, sorry, Pat, So you're saying, like a zip lock bag, yeah, an iPad like no, I know, but like does an Apple like do something where you could write it with their magic pen thing? You're still right.
Speaker 1: I don't have a magic pen.
Speaker 7: I don't have an iPad, so I would need to purchase one of those, and I don't think that Westwood's going to cover that expense.
Speaker 6: Did you consider, though, putting your iPad in a ziplock bag and using a magic pen?
Speaker 7: If I had an iPad, I would consider it, thank you. The other thing is, like it is it's cold outside, so I got to protect my fingers. Yeah, you know, it's like it's it is sometimes harder to write or type if I've got to always take my gloves off. So I do wear like a thinner glove. But the thing is, if I'm typing, I got to take all gloves off. This is not gonna work.
Speaker 6: Could you get immediate pass for a stenographer and then just have him or her follow you around and just dictate?
Speaker 7: And you're saying, maybe I should just use dictation in my phone. Maybe I should just speak it into my phone a blue tent. There you go?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well Ben, there are seven hundred people they could have called. They called you congratulations. That's called That's awesome.
Speaker 2: Matt.
Speaker 7: I was really surprised, honestly, because he the executive Prouiser, reached out to me a couple weeks ago and he said, like, are you gonna be available since since the Vikings, I gonna be going the playoffs? And I said, I am, I am available. You know, here's what I got going on this this weekend because Twincy's Live is gonna be down to Florida. So anyway, he he's like, I don't have any for you on wild Card weekend, but I'll have a game for you in the divisional round. I was like, that seems kind of backwards, but okay, I feel like there's more opportunity for wild Card weekend versus division rounds. So like, yeah, I don't know what goes into it, but yeah, do you like Foxborough at least I do. Yeah, it's a cool stadium, you know it is. It is isolated and kind of hard to get to. The ins and outs of that stadium are kind of difficult. But we'll be staying in Providence, which everybody has stays in Rhode Island and then you just drive it.
Speaker 1: Well, don't forget ziplocks. I won't. It's not a bad idea. No, it's not a bad idea. You're you're right. I just need to get all fancy.
Speaker 4: The thing is like everything magic.
Speaker 2: A.
Speaker 1: You know, we could do all day like that. Then you could just get in my ear and say, hey, write this down for me, and I could write it down somewhere or you know, and yeah, you know, but it's hard.
Speaker 7: Yeah. The thing is like I need it immediately for like interviews and stuff afterwards. Well you gotta get that iPad then, man, because then you guys can do a shared note.
Speaker 1: You can tell them.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, I mean I don't know if you can hit that shared note. Let's work shop it, let's share all this stuff. Yeah at the wall.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, I'll be listening to you. Oh thanks, yep.
Speaker 6: Headlines in the eight o'clock Hour, Fan five and a second more with Michael J.
Speaker 1: Mus when the third and
Speaker 4: Ben Ley Berrepter is in the power jib wh an't you jew on the fan