Speaker 1: M m.
Speaker 2: M.
Speaker 1: Marty Glarney is here, Tiny Beats Backbones is here partect Marty's on Tuesday.
Speaker 3: It's all happen.
Speaker 1: Pornography music.
Speaker 3: Just come through. Yes, that's amazing, hot loot.
Speaker 1: Hey Marn's Yeah, how the hell are you pretty good?
Speaker 3: Thanks?
Speaker 1: Dear?
Speaker 3: How you doing pre damn good? Him right in there, brother, I can ask you something, Marty. So Nick is all the way back there, right?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Nick, he's not talking John.
Speaker 3: You sauce in me? Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Three four or five s is everybody? It's tendons mm hmm. What crowd is bigger.
Speaker 4: The people in these three rooms or everybody at target Field last night?
Speaker 3: Did did your broadcast team? Who out?
Speaker 4: None were people in the stands. That was a rough crowd. There were more rough at the Power Trip stand up.
Speaker 1: They putting in a bad spot on purpose.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean we all saw the photos. There's nothing you can do, but that was rough.
Speaker 3: I mean it was a Monday night. It was in the thirties show in St. Claude. There was They were at the Dillos.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: Even when a team is good, it is a lot to ask to come and sit in thirty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thirty seven degrees at first pitch. Yeah, yep.
Speaker 5: So as we go on, we're now in mid to low thirties. It is a lot to ask of people.
Speaker 6: Look at the crowd of the Kansas City Royals game, less on the highlights, it's sparse.
Speaker 3: Well, can I spart question? Can I ask you a controversial question? John?
Speaker 4: Specifically you, because you have a bunch of baseball websites, do you believe that target field has way, way, way too many food options?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Way, too many seeds?
Speaker 3: No? No, I like all the food options. Why can't there just be hot dogs in baseball?
Speaker 1: Apple pie?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 6: Because I want I want the chicken tika bullet, not Indian foods?
Speaker 3: That part of the question. I think you're part of the problem. Way too many options? What is the right answer here?
Speaker 4: There's I don't know, Burrero, says On said on Sunday, there's too many food options.
Speaker 3: You don't understand why there's so many food options? There's too many those does seem to be a problem. No.
Speaker 5: Do you know what today is of April?
Speaker 3: Yes? Beer Day? Really?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Dollar Dog Night and it's National Beer Day. That's enough, so hot dog and beer. Let's call it a day. That's it.
Speaker 1: Dollar the name of Richie Rich's dog.
Speaker 3: Sure was, is like a good date night for the nine by nine challenge. You know the name of Richie Rich's dog and not the people orbiting the move. Everybody knows the name of Richie Rich's dog. Nobody knows the names of the yard in Miss two Astronauts, not even their family members.
Speaker 4: They watched Richie Rich. You ever see that movie with Micallay Culkin who was actually not bad for a kids?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's okay, Yeah, very controversial though.
Speaker 3: Did they raise soapbox cars?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Isn't that hey little do you see that? I feel like there was a similar plot line.
Speaker 6: Wemby must play twenty plus minute in one more game the NBA Awards.
Speaker 3: That's the threshold.
Speaker 5: That's why ants Ant had a game early in the season where he left after three minutes, and that count.
Speaker 4: You don't be the ultimate trolling of the CBA, then, is if let's say his Wenby's rib is really bad and they're like, wow, he needs a full week or two before the you know, not two weeks beause the playoffs would have started. But he needs this full last week off. They should just tip the ball off and he should just stand in the corner of the court for twenty Yeah, just literally not play and just go this is what you're making me do, because this is how dumb this rule is.
Speaker 3: Now the comeback is the players agreed to it, right, So that's what I was just going to say.
Speaker 4: They have themselves take union, had to vote on it. But I doubt Wemby was a part of that. Wenby's like, this rule is dumb. I'm gonna stand in the corner, don't even pass me the ball and lose his religion.
Speaker 3: M traumatic sip, Oh, that's me in the corner. Got it?
Speaker 1: Okay, got it? I was getting there.
Speaker 3: I tried.
Speaker 4: It wasn't great, No, I got I just wanted to leave you hanging as long as possible.
Speaker 3: Why not good?
Speaker 4: Well he checked out when we started talking NBAT it though he had money on Wemby.
Speaker 1: I was thinking about Wemby and Peter Pan.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And it will really look bad if there's a year when first team All NBA and second Team All NBA are like, well, these guys aren't actually very.
Speaker 3: Good because all the best guys missed, you know, not a huge number of games, but.
Speaker 5: Just enough to not qualify for those awards. That's when it'll look bad. But again, as I said before this radio program, that rule is working the way the NBA wanted it to work.
Speaker 3: Guys are playing more games.
Speaker 6: Got there, Yeah, you are correct, But if you're not going to make sixty five, why will we make forty five?
Speaker 3: Why not just play forty five? Wow?
Speaker 6: Bonus they might, they might, they might need to find the right level of Well.
Speaker 3: When this this.
Speaker 5: Hamstring injury happened to Luca Doncic, his agent filed some sort of extreme injury petition or something like that.
Speaker 3: A rule. Yeah, you are brilliant. I think Luca is going to miss it.
Speaker 5: If he misses the rest of the regular season, which he's going to, he's going to miss it by like two games. And so his agent was filing like the two games he missed in I want to say December for the birth of his daughter in Slovenia and saying this was an extreme case where my client missed for this you know, personal reason. But if that gets clear, you're the Dominoes.
Speaker 4: Well lesson learned. Don't travel for the birth of a kid. Yeah, I mean is the lesson? Do you want to be all NBA or do you want to see the birth of your daughter. I mean option a option, be get too many options?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he'd go, Are you gonna come to my funeral?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna tell the story about the lady that patched your parts.
Speaker 1: Are you gonna cry?
Speaker 3: Oh? All sob Yeah you will be missed.
Speaker 4: Why why are you assuming that we're going to ask you to speak at his funeral?
Speaker 3: No, I'm not going to speak, but like most events.
Speaker 4: I'll just make it tell the story Abby.
Speaker 3: Alex will be sobbing.
Speaker 4: I'll be like, hey, can I have five minutes and just stand up?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, right in the middle. Yeah, you're gonna cut on somebody body and not at being all back down.
Speaker 1: Body approval, re enact the entire situation on my carcass.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you'll still be alive though you're faking your death to get out of something.
Speaker 1: I just didn't want to go to that event.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he does want to do the meeting today.
Speaker 1: I have a meeting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, three I do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm kidding, of course, Marnie and John and you know, like, who should we have talk here about?
Speaker 1: Chris?
Speaker 4: I want to tell that knocking around the Johnson story, Paul.
Speaker 3: No, this is his funeral understand.
Speaker 1: How sad his death was. He rescued nine puppies.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, but you guys, ever hear the time where he thought that was a lady of the night store and he went in there and lady bade them.
Speaker 3: And then I'll just use my phone as.
Speaker 1: His crank and I hate wait a minute, hold on, no, what what you go to use my phone as what?
Speaker 4: That's the I always use my phone to show what the lady did with the shower head. And then I'll go and that's where he met his husband, and then I'll point up my dad and then I'll sit out. I think I think people are going to be teared up before year speech and then crying uncontrollably after.
Speaker 1: I don't know how long you're giving me to live, but I think it's incredible how quickly my relationship with your dad has progressed.
Speaker 3: You got married, but you just got married. We've never discussed it. You got married for tax?
Speaker 1: Did I get him knocked up or something?
Speaker 3: Yeah? You just you needed to hide some money. It is no better reason to get hit.
Speaker 1: Insurance. Because I work at iHeartRadio one. You're telling me cancer isn't covered. Guys want the news, Sure, Okay, good, here we go.
Speaker 4: News with Chris Hockey presented by the Saint Paul sat You got that right, And.
Speaker 1: I'm at Saints Baseball dot com right now, Saints Baseball dot Com, and I can let you know they're playing the mud Hens and Old Jolly Toledo. But they'll be right back to c h Field before long. Get your tickets Saints Baseball dot Com.
Speaker 4: Sh Field is dubomb I did find the actual names of the astronauts if you guys actually want to learn them so you can sound smart.
Speaker 3: If somebody goes art Miss.
Speaker 4: Two and you can go, you know what I'm saying, you can actually Glenn Phillips, Todd Nichols.
Speaker 3: Dean Dining or Dinny and Carl Thompson.
Speaker 4: Is that the guy and dad? Are those the guys in dancing? That's Glenn Danzy who is totally sprocket.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, isn't there a woman on the mission? Lady's name? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well, all right, I wish I could say I have a bunch of jokes, but I ain't going to say, well, read the enough things. Oh my god, this came from.
Speaker 3: They're going to be a disparaging.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I just got a fact from an m Rosa, not that one. I don't believe he would have probably texted me. But this is from an m Rosen. It says, listen for Perkins, longtime listener. Of course there's a lady. They needed somebody to clean up stuff.
Speaker 3: Mark.
Speaker 1: No, I just think it his name Mike Probably isn't that Mark.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you you got.
Speaker 1: Do I have any more whalester bird?
Speaker 3: Oh? Delta burn.
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: A billion percent in the nineties, A billion percent. Now he loved designing women.
Speaker 1: I design them all with.
Speaker 3: I get to design him. He's creative player.
Speaker 1: Got they all have bad backs though. We gotta we gotta work on this design. They're perfect, You're perfect.
Speaker 3: Hair smells like sunbeams, Suna sunbeams than them.
Speaker 1: Oh, this is the news, remember all right? Do you guys want to hear more about this? Start to be an.
Speaker 3: Article about the bath house?
Speaker 1: That's right, buddy, Oh, got that right. Minneapolis city leaders are considering legalizing adult bathhouses and sex venues.
Speaker 3: This is a real story. Look at this.
Speaker 1: Minnesota to Start Tribune. Right, there's the headline, right, there's the writer's name. I'm just reading right here.
Speaker 3: Oh, is that real.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Mar Minneapolis city leaders considering legalizing adult bath houses and sex venues, where sexual activity between consenting adults would be allowed. D City Council will decide Tuesday. That's tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Today, we can't get sports betting.
Speaker 4: Look right now, this is essentially already legal, just not at bath house.
Speaker 3: You could go to a latina and do whatever you want. Yeah, sure, nobody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do like the idea of sex venue though, brought to you by Live Nation.
Speaker 3: They're going to be expensive.
Speaker 1: Yeah they really are. Yeah, all those fees.
Speaker 3: What did he help?
Speaker 1: You need to relax and listen? Okay, I'm talking about important stuff over here. I'm talking about sex venues. I got a lot invested in this, about nine vacant buildings downstairs.
Speaker 3: Whatever they grab building isn't doing as well as it used to.
Speaker 1: Why do you think they had to remodel this place? I bought that the building. They're going to decide today whether to have city staff research several ordinances that would allow adult bath houses and sex venues to operate again after a thirty eight year ban. Wait at they were They were legal thirty eight years ago.
Speaker 3: The Organs part of the spread of age. Right.
Speaker 1: Bath houses, Yeah right, and that's exactly right, and you nail it.
Speaker 3: But that's where he did found a bunch of his victims.
Speaker 1: I'd like you guys, just be cool with what I'm about to say. In Minneapolis, bathhouses and sex clubs operated until nineteen eighty eight. Nor it's banned businesses that facilitate high sexual conduct. Uh would you defined as m mm hmm, flicia.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's my neighbor. No, that's what.
Speaker 4: Boondoggle and lipstick and jungle Boy.
Speaker 3: Yeah that.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna try to clean this up, not to make people uncomfortable. Dude, intercourse, what's that?
Speaker 3: Come on, man, be cool? You know, come on, man, and you've been and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have intercourse and what I'm trying to clean up for.
Speaker 4: The kids a couple of options, you know them both.
Speaker 3: Don't act like you don't. Come on, man, be cool.
Speaker 1: We're just trying to be cool. Be taken from Jim Baldridge when he's doing the news. I'm trying to do the news.
Speaker 3: Let him do the news.
Speaker 1: He was the news guy when I was a kid growing up on Channel seven. His name is Jim Baldridge, and I just thought that was the coolest name.
Speaker 3: You need help. That was just real name.
Speaker 1: Looking up Jubsy.
Speaker 4: Jim like bald Rich Ridge, ball Ridge, bald Da Ridge. Oh yeah, there he is. Somebody should have Dodd intercourse from your ears and open them up. My god, I'm a seasoning company. Now, I'm serious.
Speaker 1: I didn't doubt you.
Speaker 3: No, wait, this is a different guy, right.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I'm for it. So the day, well, they're gonna they're gonna discuss it today and then vote on the later. Probably. Yeah, I'm surprised. I mean that seems Yeah, it's like there's other How.
Speaker 5: Does how does a formal discussion about this topic.
Speaker 4: Go.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna guess it's gonna be very uncomfortable, and I'm gonna guess you might want to watch your p's and q's if you're a dud. And yeah, yeah, well.
Speaker 6: Video for that will be making the rounds. We will be seeing that social media hawk will be waving as he walks.
Speaker 1: The sixteen largest Minnesota employers employee one percent fewer workers than a year ago and more cut jobs than that in them. Uh, the top employers in the state of Minnesota.
Speaker 3: Are you ready? Let's guess target They are number four, Medtronic.
Speaker 1: Number fifteen.
Speaker 3: Best buy for Sure is in. There has to be.
Speaker 1: No wow three M three M is. Can I just read them to General Mills? Is a good guess? Number one the Mayo Clinic fifty seven thousand, sneak. Number two, the State of Minnesota forty six thousands, all right, Number three, fair View thirty three thousand, Number four Target thirty two thousand, Number five, Alna twenty seven thousand, three of the top five, Medical number six, Health Partners twenty six the top six. I'm surprised by this.
Speaker 4: One.
Speaker 1: Number seven is Walmart twenty five thousand. Number eight's the University of Minnesota twenty three thousand, The federal government number nine, nineteen thousand, United Health Group at number ten eighteen thousand. Should I keep going? Sure I get fifteen, then you you got Minnesota state colleges, and the university is at number eleven at thirteen thousand. Essentia Is that another med Health Centia got it? Yeah? Number twelve at twelve thousand, Central Care number thirteen at ten thousand, US Bank Corps at ten two, they're fourteenth, and then Wells Fargo and Medtronic tie for fifteenth at.
Speaker 3: Ten thousand, yeah three, m is not in that list. Is not best buy, isn't.
Speaker 1: It is not crazy crazy. I wonder like if most states it is large and medical like that, or is that specific to Minnesota.
Speaker 3: I bet that's most states. I bet it is, right, yep, And I.
Speaker 4: Bet Walmart in most when in a lot of states that they have a presence in, my guess is they're in the top fifteen in most states as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I bet in some states they're number one.
Speaker 1: Like Arkansas or something. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. State Chicago, Chicago, the state of Chicago.
Speaker 3: You're always in the state of Crappy.
Speaker 1: Well, well, I know where you can get that cleaned.
Speaker 4: Up your hometown between Chicago and Crappy. You still haven't named the state.
Speaker 1: So that's the news, guys.
Speaker 3: Congratulations, Uh, sau no sports after this. Marnie is here. Bonus is here's the powersh your money showing a fan.
Speaker 1: Okay, I've got a whole list of just heartbreak right in front of me, right here. At some point during.
Speaker 3: The show of Sauces, medical test is back.
Speaker 1: Oh that's that's a comedy piece I'm doing. It's my next hour of comedy on Netflix.
Speaker 3: You need more iron.
Speaker 1: Yeah okay, yeah, like on your head dropped from the high distance.
Speaker 3: His teeth, Oh, come on, teeth, I have nice teeth.
Speaker 1: Yeah they're not real.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well good one to come back. Good.
Speaker 1: Yeah you got great teeth, pretty face.
Speaker 3: I don't have any of that. You do too. You gotta like going for you, man.
Speaker 1: You know what Marty's got for you. She got a surf side just for you with your name on it.
Speaker 7: Oh thanks Marty, Wow, thanks, thanks Michael.
Speaker 1: I've got the list of television shows that are canceled. I love them all. Makes me so sad. We'll do that later. They're canceling Watson on CBS.
Speaker 2: Oh no, that's a good show man, brilliant.
Speaker 3: Uh solving crimes.
Speaker 6: I was just so I was just so sure that said this was gonna end with on CBS that he loves that shows all the show.
Speaker 3: We can go through that list later. But on the flip side, the Boys.
Speaker 4: The final season of the Boys comes out tomorrow, right the first episode so far and rotten tomatoes. O, man, that show it's gonna be an absolute freaking blood bag. It's gonna be blood every season has been. And look, Homelanders gotta go down.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: We gotta we somebody's gotta take that son of a bitch out. He's just an awesome bad guy. He really is sauce for the one thousandth time I'm listening. Whoever pitched this idea was like, we need to make a show for sauce. This is the most sauce show that has ever lived. Lent superheroes and tons of nudity, tons of blood, tons of graphic death.
Speaker 3: This is for you. Swearing tons yeah, NonStop? Would you pay attention? No?
Speaker 4: Well, kinds of great breastfeeding is absolutely in play.
Speaker 3: Homelander is a weird dude. I thought he was just reading his Google search.
Speaker 1: No, my Google search. You mean Keegle search?
Speaker 3: Yeah, all that Google that too. Uh No, this is for you, Sauce.
Speaker 4: This show is thank you, custom made for you, and you haven't watched it.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I'll watch it. I got other things to do.
Speaker 4: Uh let's see here, hang on one second, one second. Season one eighty five percent, Season two ninety seven percent, Season three ninety eight percent, Season four ninety two percent, Season five so far ninety six percent. Mell loves that good. It's super fun. I'm seeing and you know I normally hate superhero movies and shows.
Speaker 3: This show is so good, so good, so much fun. You did say the Fantastic Four was pretty good? It was good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, way enemy, way better than exactly, way better than most Marvel movies you saw.
Speaker 3: Right, Bony, yes, standing it was solid. Yeah yeah. Anyway, The Boys episode one of the final season.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow, It's time for Fan five on the Power Trip.
Speaker 4: Michigan beat Yukon sixty nine sixty three for their first national championship since nineteen eighty nine. Michigan ended the season thirty seven and three. They're the first Big ten champion to win the March Madness bit.
Speaker 3: Since the year two thousand. Then Michigan State did it when they beat Florida. Was it, Kurt Bills? No, sir So Matte and Cleeves. I think did you know the Michigan.
Speaker 4: Starting five costs around ten million dollars? Sure that's more than the entire Twins Bullpen, Oh yes it is. Thank you Bonus.
Speaker 3: I knew you knew that time wame attempt at It wasn't gonna be funny. It was just a statement, Thank you, Hawk.
Speaker 1: It wasn't as a statement.
Speaker 4: Now Hawk's trying to butter me upside on Speaker's funeral.
Speaker 1: I don't mind if you do, I.
Speaker 3: Would be honored.
Speaker 4: Uh. North Carolina on the basketball team is going to hire Michael Malone as their new head coach of basketball. He was a the coach and championship coach, brilliant with Denver. Uh he's won five hundred and ten games as an NBA coach.
Speaker 1: So my coach, ten thous your thoughts?
Speaker 3: Good move or not?
Speaker 5: I mean I think he is a good coach. Obviously won an NBA championship.
Speaker 3: Then when he.
Speaker 5: Was like, oh so shocking because it was there were just a few weeks left in the regular season, maybe even two weeks left in the regular season when he was fired. It was truly stunning. And what the the Nuggets were saying was that that just it had just he was too what is the word I want to use, not fiery, but just disciplinaria, harsh and like it was just yell, yell, yell all the time, and he had lost them because they were it was white noise.
Speaker 3: And that kind of it had gotten to that level.
Speaker 5: But if I'm if I'm Michael Malone, don't you wait and see if there's another NBA job opening, because you're at the end of the regular season and all of the jobs start to open up. The NBA season ends on Sunday, and you're entering into a college world where the transfer portal is crazy still and you're recruiting NonStop, and people just talk about college basketball as being the wild wild West.
Speaker 6: I yeah, it seems odd from his point of view. It also seems odd from UNC's point of view, like what that they've got, that they've got that pedigree, they've got that tradition of having UNC folks kind of come back to them, and to have bring in a full time professional coach as opposed to somebody who's had a lot of college experience. That might be a statement on what you just said, Saus, which is essentially play to pay or pay to play for college now and now it's becoming more about us.
Speaker 3: Kind of like the NBA is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Mary run it like an NBA team. Well, and I think he was like their fifth or sixth option. I would bet they asked, is it Billy Donovan? I would best bet they asked the head coach of Arkansas Calipari. I would bet they they did ask the Michigan coach. He said No, there's probably a few other names that I'm missing that they asked.
Speaker 3: They.
Speaker 4: I would bet they saw or thought that maybe the Yukon coach should do it.
Speaker 3: He's like their sixth or seventh option. I would guess why would people turn down university in North Carolina because of exactly what you guys just said.
Speaker 4: It's not although I think if you're the North Carolina head basketball coach, you should be half the recruiting is done for you. You're at Jordan's school and you're North Carolina, and you're always on ESPN, and you get to play Duke twice a year. That's always a big marquee game in the middle of the winter when nothing else is on. That's a big selling point. They're always on primetime TV. That's yeah. And they have the money. Well they are because Watson isn't. It's getting canceled. Come on, man, sad about it. UNC reportedly also asked Reid Wiseman, Victor Glover, Jeremy Hansen, and Christina Coach. These are probably the AREO garbage.
Speaker 1: And I said Victor Glover earlier in my new story that nobody was listening.
Speaker 3: To Wow, I was listening. That's Danny's son, Danny Glover.
Speaker 1: I got it a lame attempt at humor.
Speaker 4: The Chicago Sky traded two time also two time WNB star Angel Loves the W to the Atlanta Dream in exchange for the Dream's first round picks in twenty twenty seven and twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 5: Now this, I mean this, that's a it's a very big trade. And it sounds like it was not contentious. It was not Angel Reese and the Sky basically saying we are done with each other. We hate each other one side or the other, even though it wasn't the most smooth relationship.
Speaker 3: But free agency in the WNBA is going to be.
Speaker 5: Wild as we've never seen it before because every single veteran, which Angel Reese is not, but every single veteran in the w except for two are free agents.
Speaker 3: And so and who are they hawk.
Speaker 1: The team?
Speaker 3: Yeah? After this year, they're all free agents.
Speaker 5: No, right now, oh, right now, as soon as it all right, right yeah, And if you say Lexi Brown and Kalanie Brown we are not related, you will be correct.
Speaker 4: Okay, Yeah, so good for the links are bad for the Lynx, the wild wild West.
Speaker 3: No, the free agency situation I.
Speaker 5: Assume good because I assume Nafisa Collier is happy here and wants to stay here, and that has to be your number one priority. And then after that probably Courtney Williams, and so as long as you keep those core pieces, great. We already lost Bridget Carlton. She was the first pick of the expansion Draft and she is going to Portland play for the Portland fire Hawk.
Speaker 3: I know you knew that.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 5: She's probably going to get the core status by Portland, which means she's going to be their max player.
Speaker 3: She's going to make a million dollars.
Speaker 4: It's going to be a fun headline when the Portland fire fire their coach.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well said going to be a fire firing. That'll be fun. I look forward to that.
Speaker 5: So anyway, that's that is a big trade in the WN and it's the first of what is going to be a plethora of headlines when the free agents start choosing destinations.
Speaker 3: And again, she wasn't one, but that is just a trade of Yeah. I don't know how it.
Speaker 5: Really shapes the league because the picks that then Chicago gets our next year in the year after, so I can't really measure it yet, but thanks for asking.
Speaker 3: You're welcome.
Speaker 1: Hey, my buddy out by the way tells me that Malone's daughter plays for volleyball for UNC and that's why you went there.
Speaker 5: Oh, Michael Malone's daughter plays volleyball for UNC.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's interesting.
Speaker 4: My buddy says Malones has the best waffle fries in the Twin Cities. Your buddy, Both your buddies are correct at the same person.
Speaker 1: I think so, you guys, don't sure.
Speaker 4: The Wild battle to Cracking the Night at seven. PA and Norda will be live for a Box in the Box today down there from noon to nine to noon. The Wild are two points back of Dallas. Dallas will play the Wild on Thursday, but Dallas tonight battles the Flames, who are terrible marts. One final piece of trivia NBA related Okay, I hope you didn't see this.
Speaker 3: See what the Grizzlies did last night or not good? They lost twenty six to Cleveland. Nobody cares about that.
Speaker 4: In the loss, the Grizzlies tied the NBA record for most threes made in a game, which the other are two teams that hit this number one. So this is the most threes ever in a game and now technically the most freeze ever in a loss. How many threes did the Grizzlies hit last night? Boston hit this number in twenty twenty four and the Bucks did it in twenty twenty Man, Okay, those threes by a team in one game?
Speaker 3: How did they hit them? Is anyone is it? Thirty?
Speaker 5: Upper twenties, thirty gonna be low thirties, thirty two, anybody else?
Speaker 1: I'll go thirty three, thirty eight, twenty.
Speaker 3: Nine, twenty nine is the right answer? Mind, you were you were?
Speaker 4: You gave him a range, but Hawk nailed that. Twenty nine is the right answer. They were twenty nine of fifty nine, so they shot forty nine percent from and lost.
Speaker 3: Yep, that's how bad they are.
Speaker 6: Might want to tighten up that d They are twenty five and fifty four.
Speaker 3: They are not good.
Speaker 4: Vikings news in a second, If there is any Marnies here, bonus is here? This that's a hell of a radio teas right, Vikings News. If there is any. If there isn't, who knows. We'll find out after this Power to you wanted you on the fan? Man.
Speaker 1: They're canceling the upshaws on Netflix. What the Upshaws. Never even heard of it, Mike Aps, you're not saying it's great and all the good.
Speaker 3: Shows, the Upshaws. They canceled it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, mans Wanda Sykes.
Speaker 1: Was I know, man, you love that show. They're canceling the comeback story, Lucy Lisa gudrou.
Speaker 4: Well kind of yeah, they came back just to announce that they were doing one more season.
Speaker 3: Well, that's not a very good comeback.
Speaker 4: That's a misleading cancelation. Hadn't it been like fifteen years since season two?
Speaker 3: Anyway? No, something like that. I've never heard of it. It had been a long time, did you say, Lisa Kudreaux like Moudreau?
Speaker 4: Yes, all right, it's a fun pronunciation. You can pronounce it however you want, like Regina Falangie or Deevin Chenzen, Devinchenzo same thing, yeah, same thing, yeah.
Speaker 3: Or aberg Oberg whatever. Yeah. Way off the board, yeah, way off the board. Or Mitch or Matt Yeah, well played, not famous enough, I know that guy, Mitch or Matt.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's it's time for Vikings news on the Power Trip. That's represented by story, not any real Vikings news. But I got some other stuff if you care sure, I do Number one. Tom Pelisara reports that Vegas was always going to sign Kirk Cousins. It was a foregone conclusion. Everybody knew it within the industry. Nobody said anything. So good for you, Kirk. I like it. I think it's a good fit.
Speaker 4: Anybody else, Yeah, I think it'll be a perfect fit in Leeber said he thinks he'll play at least this season, that being Kirk Cousins, so he gets paid again, and uh yeah, will make more money than Tom Brady. But it's a good fit for what they're running. He's played in that offense before, so it'll work good good.
Speaker 1: A week after ESPN absorbed most of NFL Network's employers employees, I should say the four letter network is going to be tightening its corporate belt. The Puck Reports' some gonny named Jeff Oroon layoffs are coming for Bristol again explains that the reductions are unrelated to the recent media merger with the NFL. Instead, it's a result of ongoing cord cutting, the possibility that ESPN will be spun off from Disney, and the financial impact of last year's fifteen day dispute with YouTube TV, which ultimately cost Hi aboute hundred million dollars. Meanwhile, Meanwhile, ESPN will soon be asked to pay its new ten percent limited partner of the NFL more than two point seven billion dollars per year. That's currently being shelled out for Monday Night Football two point seven million dollars a year. I thanks you. I thinkive us a more nut. It was more net. The good news, if there is any, is that they're only going to get rid of about thirty jobs, and most of them will be off camera because those people, you know, don't matter at all. Six years ago, ESPN cut three hundred jobs. So the only constant in current media climate is change, and more changes are coming soon.
Speaker 3: Tough break for the Schwab. Yep, he's still there. It can't be stumped anymore.
Speaker 1: Yep, that was a great show, Jimmy, the Egyptians having a tough day Toomat.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 5: We are still in a state of total unknown in our industry, those of us that work at regional sports networks, because we have been I want to say, this is seven or eight straight years of trying to figure out what is next and what it looks like and a different ownership and a name change and a you know, from Fox Sports North to Bally Sports North to fan Duel to we don't know what's next, and we truly do not know what's next. And the Wolves in the Wild will have a new home. And it's exactly for the two reasons you just read hawk. It's cord cutting, and it's paying out rights fees and paying them to the NBA and the NHL, and they are massive rights fees and they keep going up and up. And I'm not saying right wrong or otherwise, it is just factual that that happens. And then people used everybody had cable. Everybody had Cable and paid the two extra dollars or whatever it was to have that tier to have those sports packages. So you've got ESPN and you got Fox Sports North and it was life was good for any of us who worked at regional sports channels.
Speaker 3: And that has all changed.
Speaker 5: But it started changing like eight years ago and it still hasn't solved itself.
Speaker 3: We don't know what it will look like it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, when when we say nobody knows what's coming, we mean like the executives of these plays don't know what's coming. Like suddenly FanDuel loses eight different Major League Baseball contracts or Major League Baseball loses eight different FanDuel regional because they're not paying them. It's just there's enoughheoval at the very top level of what's going on, and anybody who happens to be worked for either of those companies is like, uh, what you know what starts?
Speaker 3: You just do a Tim Allen impression. That was pretty good. It's a pretty good pony.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll tell you guys. It's interesting because I'm finding over in the smaller sport community that the jobs are. There's a plethora of jobs because moto, yeah, exactly, snowcross stuff like that, because even niche sports like a boat racing, things like that, because they're finding it's cheaper to produce those kind of programs and the market's not huge, but there's so many streaming services who need cheap content. That's the word, thank you. I couldn't think of the damn word that I was approached not long ago about doing track and field and I don't know, but I'm just saying, so it's it's a changing landscape.
Speaker 3: I guess it is, absolutely is.
Speaker 6: I mean, you also just take a look at the Gopher basketball team last week playing in the Crown Tournament, Like there's one extra basketball tournament that didn't exist, I don't know, ten years ago, years ago, and it's you know, played the Gopher season lasted longer than most other NCAA men's teams because they've just decided to do this primarily TV only tournament. Like there were people at the game, but arena's mostly empty. They could just set up a tournament. The biggest crowd in that arena was the television area. If you walked past, there were forty people in there, and you know, there weren't forty people in any given section in that particular arena.
Speaker 4: So these situations, oh Mars, like you were talking about with regional sports stations, like it makes me truly grateful to work here with a group of people that have a vision, a clear death grip on like what we are, where we're going, what we're doing. And I feel for you because we have everything here and I know not everybody has.
Speaker 3: That great feeling. It's really cool. It's truly if this is coming from me, this is a blessing.
Speaker 1: If you don't have to get down the hallway quickly. We work with the best boss in the world. We do brilliant.
Speaker 6: I saw you guys have a breakfast today thirty what Yeah, Texas hodown dual breakfast today Emily.
Speaker 4: Emily is setting up a Texas kind of breakfast thing down at the end of the hall.
Speaker 1: Do you have to have a gun?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: No, she's in Cowboy is discouraged. You don't have to do If Emily is a full Cowboy guard, then I think Rosie's showing up a day early.
Speaker 3: We lost hockey. Is this today? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Oh hawk, yes, yeah, Emily made be the m v P of this whole worlding.
Speaker 4: I was talking about. Yeah, yeah, she's the visionary he was talking about.
Speaker 1: Speaking of visionaries. You guys want to have something fun? Uh, we can do this during the breaks to get your break. The Athletic today is ranking the top NHL goalie masks and there's some truly cool stuff on here. Man.
Speaker 3: How much is those costs to like have an artist question? I don't know, but I bet thousands of dollars.
Speaker 1: Like uh, Anton Forstburg for the Kings has one, and uh that is you got to see. It's some of the hockey greats. The Gustav has a great one. And somebody had a Polar Bear one. I don't know why, but it's awesome.
Speaker 3: I wonder what they pay for those? Yeah, I would bet five six thousand dollars. Could you see him maybe being ten thousand? I think that's possible.
Speaker 4: Could you see maybe a goalie saying this means a lot to me and I'm willing to pay upwards of thirteen thousand.
Speaker 1: Look at the one Logan Thompson's got for the cool, but I think Gooses might be the best. Did you know YadA Yetta a very big man?
Speaker 3: Were you looking up ladies and cowboy carb?
Speaker 4: Cool?
Speaker 3: Yeah? That is cool? Who's goalie? What goalie is that?
Speaker 1: Gus?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yes, Bus, Sorry, I couldn't. I think he said Goose to start with, and then I call him yeah, yeah, that's really cool. Well for goalie, mass have come a long way, haven't they? From the old Mike I didn't have them well or just so arm the Jason h Yeah that's what I said.
Speaker 1: Look at this Polar Bear one?
Speaker 3: Money? Look at that?
Speaker 1: Isn't that cool?
Speaker 3: That is cool?
Speaker 4: Wasn't there a guy that they don't know? I'm not asking you, I'm asking Corey. Wasn't because you will know this Wasn't there a guy in the NHL.
Speaker 3: His nickname was Kujoe.
Speaker 4: And and he had the mask Joe oh Corey provost.
Speaker 1: Mars was a good ud be back on the baseball field last night shagging whoa.
Speaker 3: Probably reword.
Speaker 4: She doesn't know how thought you could get away with it because the crowd was small.
Speaker 3: Don't think anybody would notice. Who cares? Nobody's watching anyway.
Speaker 4: You ever seen Buck with his pants down? Oh no, last night?
Speaker 1: Dude, look at the the guy from the Mammoth. He's got a mammoth on his helmet. It's pretty sweet. And the mammoth is holding the hockey.
Speaker 4: Stick had cool logo. Man, yeah, they did it right in Utah?
Speaker 6: Can we see these on the cave? And that comes staff watch we don't do click baby. Now we can go to h and man, did we Dude's.
Speaker 1: Got the Knucks, guy's got Darth Vader on the side of his helmet. Many these are awesome.
Speaker 4: Do you remember when we had that national feed, like you go to cafe in dot com and like the lead story would be like.
Speaker 3: The top five Jethrow Toll songs. It's like what year is this?
Speaker 4: Yeah, my Jesus, it would be like twenty sixteen and we were posting Jethrow Toll stories what helped Aerosmith write this song from nineteen eighty two?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Jesus. Then we would do the bit.
Speaker 4: We would act like it was massive breaking news. Yes, and again see again. We have new bosses now and they realize that's not what you do to succeed.
Speaker 3: Now. We got it all lined up. All the ducts were in a row. We know where we're going.
Speaker 4: Like Facebook Live again, Things of the Past, Baby, things of the past, Periscope, past past, podcasting dead, all of it's dead.
Speaker 3: Podcast radio at the Common Film Festival. No, that's in the past. No, that's happening. Podcasting is still a thing.
Speaker 4: I know that because yesterday our one was just described as Hawk died again. No, I have put Here are the titles I have so far? Uh fresh hot Tater tot for the first one.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's nice.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 4: Watson is canceled, question Mark is the second one, and I haven't.
Speaker 3: Come up with the third. Was a description for hour one MM.
Speaker 4: The guys are joined by John Bonus and Hawk is now known as the Earl of Chests.
Speaker 3: What about hour two? Good.
Speaker 1: Hold on, then they got a dessert at the Yankee Stadium. Now that looks like fried chicken. I mean it looks like a piece of fried chicken.
Speaker 4: But it's ice cream, Sanmage, what what what are we doing? Why can't we just have a hot dog? Yeah, beer and like one ice cream sandwich? And they have chicken finger ice cream.
Speaker 1: Well, the chicken was more's way too many ice cream.
Speaker 3: The chicken sent you buy me ice cream? I'm all yours.
Speaker 4: When I go to Basket Robbins, I don't want thirty one flavors.
Speaker 3: I want one flavor, vanilla or vanilla?
Speaker 5: What about the State Fair? Too much there as well? That's four months from now.
Speaker 3: Can't wait, suicide.
Speaker 1: Thank you for bringing us Marnie. She's been great.
Speaker 4: They have more than one flavor, of course, God, that's so many choices. Thank you, sid Fan five and a second headlines later, Marni is here, Bonus is here.
Speaker 3: This is the power to ch