Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on AM five to seventy LA Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio WHI Friends.
Speaker 2: The longest running afternoon sports show in the city.
Speaker 3: No congratulations necessary. All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is Petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadacas, terrible person, He's the worst and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: The pipes, the pipes, the pipe. Don't miss an episode. We're with you, Yeah, follow the Petros in Money Show.
Speaker 1: Wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadacus.
Speaker 3: And Matt money Smith. People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little.
Speaker 2: Petrus in Money AM five to seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio act go on me Gong me out, Yukes Sorry. Fixing the microphone that Fred broke because he's back in the studio. Did Fred break the mic It looks like he did. It was hanging on by one piece of rubber.
Speaker 3: Things got a little ugly there, Matt.
Speaker 2: There is a hinge, a hint of oh de toilette. But we do thank Fred for not going overboard on the Callogney certainly appreciate that.
Speaker 3: Well. He spent a lot of time in the other room today.
Speaker 4: Ah.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's what it is, trying to make nice with Ronnie and and Figures after their big fight. But it isn't I'm a Horse Monday, because it is and I'm a Horse Monday on the bed of somebody show I'm a horse, I say I'm a horse. Moselle We gallop bravely forward without the NFL, college football long over, without the NFL to bolster us. We have one more day, one one day more. There's I'm a Horse Monday to celebrate the horses of the fall, our friends who play American football. And now, as I warned and lamented last week, we have nothing to look forward to but Lebron James, All stars, Lebron James, what is he wearing? Sunglasses? Indoors, throw the ball up in the air and when it bounces twice, wit a second.
Speaker 5: We got college basketball popping off right now, we got college baseball starready, and just saying, I don't know, Friday Radio here Kate and the.
Speaker 3: Dodgers report Friday and say we'll join it. I'm just saying, today's our last day to bring our stool, to go into the barn and get underneath matronly cow of football and milk it for all. It's worse.
Speaker 2: Well, now, I know you don't like pushback, and Kate's already pushed back.
Speaker 3: But I don't want to be pushed back on.
Speaker 2: I am going to be in Indianapolis Star in the twenty third, and you know what that means. We're gonna measuring some hands. Okay, we're gonna be taking some hand size measurements. We're gonna be talking about who's got hands that are worthy of taking snaps a quarterback and who's got hands.
Speaker 3: That aren't exactly you just made your pushback was.
Speaker 2: With a tiny hand, exactly a.
Speaker 3: Tiny hand, and it did not move me at all, So we do still have Yeah, that's how sad inversation. That's how sad.
Speaker 2: You hear about that guy's wing span. How the hell is he gonna play left tackle with thirty two inch arms?
Speaker 3: This guy didn't interview well in a sport where you bunk your head against everything.
Speaker 2: Do you hear what he did on the whiteboard? Did you hear what he did?
Speaker 3: Yeah? That's my point.
Speaker 2: Everybody's mouth was a gait so a dog do they do that?
Speaker 5: Live?
Speaker 4: Matt?
Speaker 5: So when Diego Pavia gets up there and they raise it like five eight and a half.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, there is a There is an audience when they walk through and they do the measurements because they want to get a look at that body, you know, they want to see what that thing looks like.
Speaker 5: We gonna stop at five nine and three quarters for mister Diego Pavia Wall did when you see him put that hand on that sheet of paper and that ruler comes out, and they're just like, come on.
Speaker 3: You're pushback has did nothing but proved my point.
Speaker 5: Seven and three quarters. Really I can't be right.
Speaker 3: Well, the truth is, when the football season is over, and yes, we still have college basketball, though not here on our station, as far as an affiliate play by play goes, we have Tim Kates's national national scrambling. What have I got this? With Tim Kates's Houston He's got every game, Rhode Island versus Rhode Island State, Tennessee Tech versus Tijuana Tech.
Speaker 5: What you got, Kates? Well, tonight later on this evening, I got Arizona versus Kansas. Well, that's a big, a big top one matchup. It's a Monday, the twelve ten matchup with the number one pick in the draft Saturday morning. I've got UCLA Michigan on national radio, but we're not carrying it here on a five seventy LA Sports. That's unfortunately anyway. My point is Sunday, though we are carrying college basketball here.
Speaker 3: The end of the football season marks us trying to pinpoint Tim Kats's national college basketball.
Speaker 5: Games in the annivers Illinois on Sunday, Matt being in person for the measuring of somebody's hands.
Speaker 2: Oldkays, can you hold it for five minutes. I'm stuck in traffic. Just hold it for five minutes, please.
Speaker 3: It's not the same as having the football season to discuss. And it also marks the beginning of the time that the Dodgers put their reverse vacuum holes into your pocket and start sucking away your cash. And one of the best ways they do it, of course, for the greatest entertainment available on Earth.
Speaker 2: Listen, people are going to pay for what they want to pay for. It's not the Dodger's fault that people want to pay for these things.
Speaker 3: And you know, Matt, we talk a lot about the prices when it comes to the Dodgers, we do. But I'd like to reiterate that our Dodger coverage on AMFI seventy LA Sports is.
Speaker 2: Free, exactly right.
Speaker 3: Dodger talked to with David Vasse is free. Bobblehead nights are not not free.
Speaker 2: And you better buy the bobblehead tickets quickly because they sell out and it gets to be a bit of a well a talking point in town from the sports radio types about who's lined up early, who's lined up late, how many they're given away?
Speaker 3: Is there a ceiling, is there no ceiling? Is there a paper ceiling or is there a glass ceiling? What kind of ceiling is there on this bobblehead? Is David Vassa going to be able to procure one? Does anybody want a Joe Davis bobblehead? These questions are always asked and answered, and, as you would say, Matt, as a public service to our listeners, so you can get a leg up on getting tickets for the biggest bobblehead night of your pleasure.
Speaker 2: And it's the biggest bobblehead season in the history of baseball.
Speaker 3: There's never been a bigger bubblehead season ever.
Speaker 2: Ever, not with what the Dodgers are doing this year and the brilliant approach they took to bobbleheads for the twenty twenty six campaign.
Speaker 3: Brilliant bobblehead maneuvering, no doubt. Now, Kates, are you going to do the honors and reveal the different bobbleheads all the way down right down the line like Jerry Rafferty, I.
Speaker 5: Can if you want. I mean, there's gonna be a long line of bobbleheads to go through. Well, don't you think it's twenty four? To be exactly, gentleman, there's the twenty four wo and that's not even the ones that are going to be non Dodgers. Three three non.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Joe Davis, ice cube and a low rider. Oh yeah, Shack O'Neill and son, the LAFC for Korean guy. Yeah, Tottenham Hotspur, South Korean soccer player.
Speaker 5: That's cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So you got Well is there? I mean, now you're confusing people. Well, there's twenty does it start? It starts on March twenty eighth, Saturday night, And it's a big one. Will Smith Game seven home run bobblehead.
Speaker 2: The home run that won it all?
Speaker 3: Does It include some crying Canadians in the crowd.
Speaker 5: No smart ass.
Speaker 2: It includes cot Klyle with a cheeseburger cast role serving it to Will's wife.
Speaker 3: If you're scratching and I'm the smart ass, I'm the smart ass.
Speaker 5: Now did you get to Tuesday, March thirty first against the Cleveland Guardians.
Speaker 3: You don't have to cook tonight. Will's wife made a cheeseburger.
Speaker 5: Guess it's a mystery bobblehead. First week, first homestand we got a mystery bobblehead on March thirty first. It's again any better than that?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: Is that like the Mystery dumb dumbs where it's just you know, from one assembly line of like cherry to blue raspberry, and it's the mix of the tubes. So it's gonna be like.
Speaker 3: A merged No. No.
Speaker 2: Freddy Freeman and Mickey Rojas.
Speaker 5: Oh, Friday, April tenth against the Texas Rangers, how about show Hey O TI on the Greatest Game Bobblehead.
Speaker 3: Part one?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's got two.
Speaker 3: Because he's gonna pitch anything.
Speaker 5: We got a hello? Can he give away? We got Jackie Robinson Day On April fifteenth, the next Bobblehead is April twenty fifth. Rokie Sasaki bobblehead?
Speaker 2: Remember he closed out all those games I do.
Speaker 3: We'll ask David Vassay about Sasaki in the World Baseball Classic when he joins us in the third ALFU.
Speaker 5: May eight, how about another Game seven home run bobblehead from.
Speaker 3: Meggi ro What a god? Yeaesuela?
Speaker 5: Have you missed on me?
Speaker 2: Eight?
Speaker 5: Don't worry? May ninth, Saturday Night, Blake Snell bobblehead? What?
Speaker 3: What are you so mad about it? I'm just let me walk in like a rooster on my own bobblehead night? Why you gotta make it like? Why you gotta be that one.
Speaker 5: Which I don't hurt?
Speaker 3: Again? Is that? Why?
Speaker 5: Yes? Again?
Speaker 2: Well, after that guy walked in like a rooster, Yamamoto took over the postseason.
Speaker 5: Sure to a well on the Blake Snell bobblehead night first forty get him.
Speaker 3: Blake Snell was also f at pivotal in Game seven.
Speaker 5: But they're Easter one random random Blake Snell bobbleheads have David vasse perched on his shoulder.
Speaker 3: Oh like a rooster?
Speaker 5: You got a Mother's Day tote bag? World Series replica Trophy Night, ice Cube Low Rider Bobblehead Night in May.
Speaker 3: Is he in a car?
Speaker 5: He is riding in the car?
Speaker 3: Is he smaller or is it a bigger bobblehead.
Speaker 5: It's a smaller car, but a big head like bobblehead of him. Fast forward Dave Roberts Bobblehead Night.
Speaker 3: Is is ice Cube's bobblehead the size of a normal bobblehead and a tiny car?
Speaker 5: I believe?
Speaker 2: So yes, you're saying, like you want to know it's the head bigger than the car.
Speaker 3: I want to know. Is it built a scale? No, it's no, okay.
Speaker 2: The head is going to be the largest thing as supposed to come.
Speaker 5: You have got a Yama Modo Game seven, Last Out, throwing hands in the air, glove on the left hand, patting his right hand, screaming out where the winners. Bobblehead's good one?
Speaker 3: How do you know? That's what he was saying.
Speaker 5: I could read his Alex VESSI A bobblehead lighton May, Tascar Hernandez Bobblehead Night Late in May. Then you've got these starter series bobbleheads, which I'm not really familiar with.
Speaker 3: What does that mean?
Speaker 5: But it's a Tyler Glass Now Starter Series Bobblehead.
Speaker 3: Because he's a starting pitcher.
Speaker 2: Is the starter series. What they call the that's not what they call the uniforms, right, the special uniforms Now City Connect, City Connect. Then you got Dodger Soccer Jersey Night. That's kind of cool. They've never done that before. A soccer jersey was not a soccer team, and it's not a jersey, it's a kid.
Speaker 5: Mookie Betts Game seven, Double Play Bobblehead Final out from backs against a wall to back to back champions. Come on. Didn't like that? Then on Saturday, June twentieth, Shaquille O'Neal Bobblehead Night.
Speaker 3: Okay, Shaq's a good guy, still beloved in La.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Freddie Freeman eighteenth and he walked off Bobbleheadhead. No, I get it's the whole crossover with the Lakers, and he's a blove finger. I get it. Show hey, Greatest Game Bobblehead Part two. Then you've got the Sun Young Men Bobblehead. That Korean guy got player from LAFC who's very popular worldwide. Of course, Uh, this is my favorite night. Tuesday July twenty eighth, twenty twenty five World's History World Series Mystery Ring Night. What's the mystery?
Speaker 3: You get?
Speaker 5: Probably get a different player. Oh, I got you right, fingers crossed, I get the Austin Barnes one.
Speaker 2: Instead of just like a generic Dodgers World you want.
Speaker 5: I love Rordy. You know what I want?
Speaker 3: That guy? Warm up?
Speaker 2: Count on call little coc right there on the side of my ring.
Speaker 5: If I get his Matt, I will trade. I will trade you to call on Edwin d Is. Bobblehead Night, Kyle Tucker Bobblehead Night, Max Monty Game seven Home Run Bobblehead Night, the Way Way Kyle Tucker gets a bobblehead and on DS two they haven't even played for the Dodgers. They're in July. They'll be here a little bit by the time they get the bobblehead. Clayton Kershaw Bobblehead Night, Friday, August fourteenth.
Speaker 3: What is he doing holding an NBC mic with a stupid peacock on it?
Speaker 5: Ah, No, Legends of Dodger Baseball bobblehead with Reggie Smith, who's being inducted into the Legends of Dodgers Baseball. Few that's very cool, Showy Otani, Here we go. Starter Series Bobblehead. I don't know what the starter series means.
Speaker 3: He's a starting pitcher.
Speaker 5: Yamamoto Starter Series Bobblehead, starting pitcher, darting pitcher man. I don't think that's what it means.
Speaker 2: Well, aren't they all starting pictures that you've listed so far?
Speaker 5: But they look different, they look like lifelike, like they're on I don't know, they just look different than regular bobbleheads.
Speaker 3: It's like stretch on strong.
Speaker 2: Well, that'd be cool.
Speaker 5: No, what else? That's all that's lifted. That's a lot. We just ran through the entire season twenty four Bobbleheads.
Speaker 2: It's the greatest the Los Angeles promotional cale calendar everyone. Starter Series Bobbleheads are a promotional giveaway set featuring key starting pitchers Blake Snell, Tyler Glass, Now, Yoshi Yamamoto, and Shohe o'kanyi oh May ninth, June sixth, August twenty two, September fifth, And it's they're.
Speaker 3: Starters, they all because they're all wearing like a Charlotte Hornet's starter jacket from nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 2: Be cooler if they were.
Speaker 3: Well, I think we could all agree there.
Speaker 2: Or if they were wearing the matt Raiders starter winter jacket not the Satin bomber.
Speaker 5: But you know, so there you go. Get your tickets fast for all these promotional nights, Ronnie, I'm sure you'll be.
Speaker 3: What about like Filipino Night and Vietnam Knight and Sri Lanka.
Speaker 5: Those are packages. Yeah, those aren't entire giveaways to the entire.
Speaker 3: Did those also get announced or is that another time another place?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I haven't seen those announcement. Let me double check waal ye.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: We had the Guatemalan Night last year. That was a very special night. We lost Jewish Night. You had Greek Night like five years ago and we haven't had it since.
Speaker 3: No, and I wasn't involved at all even then.
Speaker 2: Kazakhstani Knight is gone, which you're a bad moment. Yeah, they have not announced the theme nights yet. You know, it's like a slow roll, you know, like that's coming.
Speaker 3: So we have that to look forward to because once the football season is over, it's time for the Dodgers to get some of that hard working catch that you make. Pay for Edwin Diaz and pay for Blake uh Kyle talk. Yeah, and Blake snow got to pay those bills even though.
Speaker 5: He's hurts as of one. As of right now, there's no one piece night like there was last year.
Speaker 2: Well, that's what you're looking at, Kate's because you are obsessed with the fact that people are getting two g's for these one piece cards.
Speaker 5: Why am I not part of that?
Speaker 3: The Dodger giveaway seems to have a small market of its own as far as resale value goes, Matt, and we do cover that here in Great West.
Speaker 2: Market is Japan.
Speaker 3: Hey, it's not just a japan which you speak.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is an anime guy, this is a Pokemon card. All of our bobbleheads are of Yamamotos sockety.
Speaker 3: Not just a japan Matt. It's not just the Japanese guys that make the Dodgers rich and great.
Speaker 5: Then explain the shown in knife bobblehead.
Speaker 3: You and I both know there is no shown in knife bobblehead, and nobody understood that reference.
Speaker 5: That's what I read. By the way, single game tickets for the Dodgers twenty twenty six gol on sale this Thursday, February twelfth at ten am.
Speaker 3: All right, well, I think we've done our due diligence, and we've been able to announce what the Dodgers have available and as a Dodger partner where the fans can go to pay their money to get their desired result.
Speaker 5: Now, are there any games that you guys want me to circle on the calendar that I can make sure that the Petro Some Money Show is live from the stadium.
Speaker 3: I think Shack Knight. If we could get Shack on, that'd be great, would be important for all of us to be involved. Shaquille O'Neil has been on in the past. He even spanked Matt on his twentieth birthday here.
Speaker 2: Something like that. Yeah, and it's very strange.
Speaker 3: I think Blake Snell Bobblehead Night. It's a big night for Dave and we should be out there to support our friend Dave. Kind of like a wedding for him in many ways.
Speaker 2: And that's I mean, like Mickey Rojas and us are like best friends. You know, we should go out there. He's done a lot of shows now, I feel like ours was different though Don Martin told us it was very good. Yeah, but I'm not sure you could tell he really lacked you guys, I can't I can't speak on whether or not it would matter if we were there. I would say, since Tim Kates made friends with ice Cube here at the Station ice Cube Lowrider night, if we could get ice Cube on, would be a good night to be out there at Dodger Stadium for us.
Speaker 5: That's Tuesday, May twelfth against the Giants. I'll circle that date for sure.
Speaker 2: I think really the one that stands out the cheeburger casserole ahead of all others, because you know, we're a show that has a member that fancies himself a bit of a p I. So I mean, I think we got to go out for the mystery Bobblehead and try to solve that mystery.
Speaker 5: Ooh, good call, back, good call. What is like, make a whole thing out of the whole thing out of it? You know, you know, you know how it's gonna end out.
Speaker 3: It's gonna end up like al Capone's vault where they open up the vaults and there's nothing in. There's just a couple of old bottles.
Speaker 5: Forty year anniversary this year, by the way, or.
Speaker 3: It's gonna end up.
Speaker 2: Hey, look it's a he's stoped joy bottle. What if they found the truck that fell over ten years ago.
Speaker 3: One truck that got caught on Highway seventy four with all the Hello Kiddy stuff and it we melted it down.
Speaker 2: I think we have to go out for the mystery bobblehead and solve the mystery.
Speaker 5: I'll also put you, guys down for Tuesday, July twenty eighth against Seattle It's World Series Mystery Ring Night.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not into the rat don't like the replica ring.
Speaker 2: I make the mystery Bobblehead though. You know, we could get on like some true fine from the podcast. That's fine with me. Get a private dick from downtown on.
Speaker 3: If you want to lean into the mystery babblehead thing like NBC did with the train hitting the car, you know, I don't. I don't think there's gonna be a lot of payoff there, but I will. I will do the mystery babble ahead. I think we have a bad history as a show regarding rings. World series rings, real ones or inauthentic giveaway ones.
Speaker 2: Kind of fun to go and make things uncomfortable for some people, though.
Speaker 3: I think it makes it uncomfortable for all of us, not for all.
Speaker 5: I'm past that, guys, I'm not uncomfortable anymore.
Speaker 3: He's just angry stuff set. So that is the latest at Dodger Stadium. Thank you for the baseball fanfare, just so everybody knows Matt and I are not slacking off. We know that the Dodgers are our partners and we want to help them make money. They don't make enough. We wanted to help. We want to make more.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: The people said they wanted Edwin Diz, they said they wanted Kyle Tucker. You got them outside to put your money where your mouth was.
Speaker 3: You know, if Eddie Diaz has a great year next year, we're gonna be sitting here and there's gonna be a Timmy trumpet.
Speaker 5: Babblehead, no doubt about it.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be pretty sweet, that is, or there might be like a trumpet vou vouzella giveaway or something like that.
Speaker 2: And if Kyle Tucker's as good as we think he's gonna.
Speaker 3: Be, there's gonna be a long faced white guy.
Speaker 2: Actly, he's gonna be a blanky.
Speaker 3: Like maybe the mystery bobblehead is just the expression on Kyle Tucker's face. No one knows what he's thinking. He's a real poker face. You know, it's just that straight lined emoji. Today's our last day though to really celebrate with local football and obviously Sam Darnold. A forgettable super Bowl, I don't think there's any There's been a handful of very forgettable super Bowls this century.
Speaker 2: You not gonna remember the Michael Dixon punting performance. I mean, arguably one of the greatest punting performances we've seen in Super Bowl history. Every one of those punts p yeah out at the five yard line, bouncing, just shy at it.
Speaker 3: You know, there's a list of forgettable super Bowls this century. The Carolina one where Cam Newton wouldn't jump on the fumble comes to mind. That was the Super Bowl, Yes, the one where at Head knocked off Stroyd by the Seahawks. You know, but you saw Patriots Seahawks and you thought, wow, Malcolm Butler, marsh On Lynch, he thought that maybe it would deliver like that, very forgettle when Tom Brady won with the Bucks, kind of a forgettable game.
Speaker 2: The way the Rams super Bowl, both of them, the loss of the Ugly and even their win over Cincinnati was kind of a boring super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Those have all been forgettable. Yesterday was forgettable. But we remember the greatness of Sam Donald and his greatness, his giant head and his perseverance and Dick Hammer and his mom and his dad and Saint Clementy. One Town One Team. Colin Coward is a liar. Sam Donald is not from Oceanside, He's from San Clemente.
Speaker 2: Yeah, whatever, but at least you can see the coliseum off the four or five.
Speaker 3: You'd have to have some great vision. I'm not saying you can't on a.
Speaker 2: Clear day, and you've got to drive one of those ashtoner semis. You can see a little bit higher.
Speaker 3: It's a lot easier to see from the one ten. So joining us next a guy that recruited Sam Darnold and a hell of a friend of the show, the one and only Ed Ojeron, will join us next him or Tease, Sam's high school coach, Steal the coach since two thousand. He's been at Sant Clemente. So we'll talk to him or tees from One Town One Team. And yes, Dodger bobbleheads are out and David Vasse is headed to spring training on Friday and he will join us in the five o'clock hour. I feel like we have a pretty good setup for the day. Matt, I do too.
Speaker 2: It's a football Monday tomorrow, truck Er Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Wait, what do you mean, knowing we don't get any good football in the offseason, I'm gonna go watch him measure these guys hand.
Speaker 2: You hear when I'm about to report guys.
Speaker 3: Look at this size. That guy's got real man hands. You thought mess Meyer had big hands. Check this out. Imagine this guy's big hands grabbing a fat chick's arms. That's how we measure them that I'm gonna bring in some being going if that's how they measured him. I go to the Combine every year, even though I hate flying. We'll be back with coach O next. This is Petro Send Money to Man, Demand.
Speaker 2: Money five seven l A Sport Live Everywhere two eight on the iHeart Rate. Tomorrow we got Clipper basketball. We'll be in a Flex alert two to four pm, tip off at five. That'll be the same on Wednesday as well. Back to back games against the Rockets going into the All Star break, and we're gonna have tickets to the Castro Rising Stars game this week as the All Star Game is coming to LA So they'll be here all weekend long and into it Dom And we have got tickets for all those great all Stars Saturday Night, Friday Night Entertainment, Variety, Rising Stars, Celebrity Game Crossover, HBCU Classic, all of that.
Speaker 3: Matt joining us right now in your Southern California Toyota Dealers Celebrity Hotline. One of the most recognizable coaches in the history of football, especially modern football, navigated one of the greatest college football seasons ever with LSU and Joe Burrow. Indiana just did something similar this last season. One of the best position coaches and defensive coaches I've ever seen work on a day to day basis period born on the Bayou, and of course he knows Sam Donald and Big Cat and a lot of these guys that were victorious last night. Here to catch up and remediss is the great at Ojeron on the Petroson Money Show. What's cracking, coach, How are you well?
Speaker 4: You said, pet trolls. Matt is good to hear you boys. Thanks for that great introduction, and tell everybody it's suny California here. I'll say, hello, man, what a great place.
Speaker 3: Well, everybody loves you here, coach. We were hoping you'd get the UCLA job. We hope to see your coaching sometime soon. And we'll talk about that in a secon. Let's talk about Sam Donald. I mean, coach, you were a very special recruiter at USC. Most of those guys that came in to play for Pete Carroll and made legends out of themselves at USC came through your recruitment in your office. Sam Arnold, who didn't play for Pete was one of your guys though. What was what was he like to recruit? And uh, what does it make you feel like when you see these guys that you know well since they were kids, had that kind of success and perseverance like he did last night?
Speaker 4: Hey, you know what, Petroe. First of all, I'm proud of all of them, man, And what a story about fighting and perseverance and and so sad to be a Super Bowl tipping. And look, man, you know well back in the day, we were the first school that started filming. We you know, we were we were evaluation yunkies, man, You know that we we film everything. And look, Coach Carroll was one of the best evaluators I ever been with. Told Jimmy Johnson. So in the spring, I had Saint commit to high school and my good friend Haimi Ortiz was there and I said, look, man, we'll be practice. Okay, he said, coach a young linebacker, I want you to look at so so Petrol. I'd bring my little camera and obviously that recruits you if I was going to recruit you, if I go fill them. So Sam, Sam was doing some drills, some several drills of the banks, and I filmed them and I liked them, and I told I told him, I said, listen, we're going to offer him a scholarship. So we actually offered the first one to offer him a scholarship as a young linebacker in ninth grade at Sant Clement the High School. How about that?
Speaker 2: About that?
Speaker 3: How often did that happen coach? To where you would offer somebody that you went out and evaluated and saw that nobody knew about, and that everybody else would jump on him and you'd have to fight everybody else off.
Speaker 4: You know, we wanted to be first, right, we wanted to own LA and we did and so but you had the new diligent work man, and people was there too. Sometimes be us in in the in the spring we go to thirteen fourteen fifteen schools, but we had to see him work out. Another guy was a USU and you know USU was down in. Uh and then yeah, he had normal right, So I knew the coach right because uh it was at Ramsey from Normandes and.
Speaker 3: That was yeah, thank was the coach at that time.
Speaker 4: I believe Jackson. Okay, so you know it. So I went there and uh, man that the guy could play, and nobody had offer him a scholarship. I said, coach, I don'tkay, I'm offering him a scholarship. Well the kid committed, you know. And uh and uh so you know that that's back when I was interim head coach. Well, uh, you know, you only have a rule here administrators administrate coaches, coach and Claire's players or nothing right or something. Some guys didn't want to follow that rule, right, So you know, Pat Hayden comes up to me and go, hey, I don't think the guy's good enough to play at USCL. I so I'm thinking him anyway, Well he just got a touchdown him in the Super Bowl. Heart Yeah, and uh, what a great story. But you doing you know this. Okay, that's all over Los Angeles Street, So you know, you just gotta d you had a good dig some of the guys that I developed, and that was our philosophy. Who would go to every school and find out about every recruit coach?
Speaker 2: What about character?
Speaker 3: Does it?
Speaker 2: Does it show itself in these young men when they're high school seventeen sixteen, eighteen years old? Cause you hear that about both Sam and Chenna, you know both that these are just high character guys.
Speaker 4: You know you're right, they plu You know what some of the first and I mentioned this name, Jill Zucker no to Dame High School, fucking a lot of pivots. I became best friends with those guys. You know what they told me every day? What time became the school, or they smell on a certain l when they came out. You know right, what kind of people they hung around with? Ogain a good person, a bad person? And then the next thing I'd do, I would go to the guides's office. I didn't necessarily just look at their grades. The first thing I looked for, as you mentioned, character, is their school at tennis. If they were going to school and they were doing the right thing. I would give him a chance. And you know, so that's one of the important things, the character evaluation, all that stuff. But these guys shot to the roof.
Speaker 2: You had Joe Burrow arguably, you know, one of the great if not the greatest, single season of quarterbacking in college football history. How different is it for each guy their path? Obviously Burrow has been a superstar since the moment he hit the NFL, and Sam's kind of had to take this circuitous route. How much of it is circumstance? And what do you think when you when you hear about where a guy's going, what coach he's playing for, what owner he's playing for, and what that holds for his future.
Speaker 4: I think it all matters. But first of all, it matters about the individual first, as you guys know that, and you know, some guys will developed. Man, some guys needed to get developed. And was Joe Burrow. Thank god we had two years, you know, and we went to a spread the last year with Joe Brady Stevens mows. But jos Joe was an athlete. Think about this. Jose an all state baseball player, all state basketball player, all state football player. His mother was a principal, and that he was a coach. He graduated from Ohio State in three years in finance. Come on, man, you know all the signs of there. So he had all the things that make him a great player. Sam, it's the same thing. But you know Sam, Sammy Remember now Sam played linebacker. Joe could have played two. Sam was tough, so he endured those hard times. I'm I'm not fired up, but I've heard about his bath, he working all night till one o'calk, and his mama being a teacher. But you know what, and Petrol Fudo is yourself, well, all examples of the people that raised us, and that his.
Speaker 3: Character the great ad O Jeron. He's an absolute hero to us all and one of the great coaches I've ever witnessed. Coach, and he is going to coach again at some point when he finds the right situation. We're always pleased to catch up with, Coach. I want to ask you a modern football question, Coach, at not about the nil or the transfer portal and all that. I mean, we all see so obviously how football has changed so dramatically in the last ten years and beyond. But you know, the one thing that stood out to me watching the college football playoff in Indiana is just how physical all those football teams. You still have to be physical. You still have to be very, very stout to compete at a championship level in college sports. Is that Does that surprise you with all the changes that it really hasn't changed that much at all?
Speaker 4: Well, you know you're right, first of all, with all the transport, portal and all that stuff you've got, I'll tell you my son, as a young coach, you got to make adjustments. Okay, it's here to stay. But as you know last night, it's a big man's game. That game last night was run up front by the Seattle Seaoffs and it was lost by the other team. And you know we had that saying that usc Margu it's a big man's game. That will never change the physicality. You know. I think the physicality is how you how you practice, and once you expect. You know, I was really expressed impressed with Indiana, and I know you are too. About their fundamentals. How about the way their corner's played and they played tight covers, and they polled at every ball, They were competitors. They played a great discipline football games.
Speaker 2: Now you mentioned the coach up front and Mike McDonald. Now Jesse Miner just gets the job in Baltimore. Everybody's trying to kind of tap into that system. If you could share with with us, with the listeners, what is it about that system? You got six or seven guys now either coordinating or their head coaches that run it. That that makes things tough on opponents. What they're doing in Seattle, what the Chargers did with Mintor and a lot of these other guys around the league.
Speaker 4: Well, first of all, you gotta give coach Kettle credit. He he drafted it and he evaluated that team. But look, it all starts up front. Look at the speed and the tenacity and which those guys play done them are fat, They can rush for and get pressure or get a sack. You know, we threw the big Leonard Williams, who was there a trojan? Uh, you know, But it all starts a front.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: If you have a great front four, you have a chance to win. And then you put together the corners. As you know, Petro, it all starts with the corners. If you're gonna play cover one, you're gonna play man free. You gotta have great corners and then then you put all your pieces together and tackle and play hard. That's what Seattle does he know?
Speaker 3: Jeron, the best of the best, Coach. When are we gonna see you on the sideline again?
Speaker 4: What? What? What?
Speaker 3: What kind of situation does it have to be to get you back out there?
Speaker 4: You know? And look, the right situation. I made myself available. The right situation is not Tom And I'll be honest, I have not turned down any jobs that will like no brainer jobs or fuit my what I wanted a description, But you know what, I'm gonna remain patient in the meantime. You know, I'm living half the time here in Louisiana, half the time on South Beach. Right is good?
Speaker 3: You deserve it, Coach, the best of the best, a hero to us all at Ojeron and a great Marv Goo reference. We appreciate it, Coach, Thanks for doing it, and I hope you enjoyed watching those guys win it for you last night.
Speaker 4: Hey, I just got to tell you patrons on South Beach, Okay, right there on Ocean Avenue waiting for the CBS is score patient and he's yeah, they gotta do me. And when I finish my run, I go get me a water there and I look at that and I'm thinking about every day. Man, you the best, Love you guys, love everybody in Southern California.
Speaker 3: Fight on, Fight on coach door open, suss. My brother knows everything. It's okay. We'll be right back.
Speaker 2: Did you talk to you on Kate's put them on holds, you can talk to you.
Speaker 5: I say goodbye, you say goodbye. All right.
Speaker 3: The King of the Bayou at o Jeron Manny Douglas. I'm sorry I got that wrong. Ah man, he did has college football? Right, We'll see the one guy Duke Duke. Yeah, we'll be back. But how was your weekend?
Speaker 1: Next, Southern California's most listened to sports talk show, This is Pete on Demand.
Speaker 3: Patterson Money, happy to be with you on this. I'm a Horse Monday. Big thank you to coach oe ed Ojeron for joining us. In the last segment, we will have himI your Tea San Clementy head coach head coach of Sam Donald as we celebrate Sam Donald and Sam Clemente, I mean Clemente, the Fisher plenty in San Clemente. So we'll talk to Hymie a little later, and we'll have David Vassay on as there is a Dodger talk tonight. We had the Babblehead roll call a little bit earlier. Do we have any giveaways or anything today? Tim, it feels like the cupboards are a little bear.
Speaker 5: If you want to give away some tickets to the Futures game between now and I don't know seven o'clock, you're more than welcome to. Let's do it right now, Boom, you want to do it, Matt?
Speaker 2: Why la Futura Castro Rising Stars game that is happening this weekend as the NBA takes over Los Angeles and the Intuit Dome.
Speaker 3: Everybody comes up to me all around town and says, how do I get to get to these all star eventss And I said, you got to get it, get it, get it on the air. Well, what you do like?
Speaker 2: There's a number of different promotions. If you go to Robinson's May with every purchase of Drekar Nowir, you are entered to win tickets to the Ruffles All Star Celebrity Game featuring sham Sharania. But here it's just caller ten eight six six nine eight seven two five seven.
Speaker 3: Sharoon's got an unreal mid game. Yeah, you call it the Sharoon balloon and he throws up a real high arching shot.
Speaker 2: Castro Rising Stars is what we're giving away. That is first year players versus second year players. So call her ten eight six six nine eight seven two five seven if you want to go to that.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: The HBCU Classic and the NBA Crossover also being played this weekend. Tickets are available at NBA events dot com.
Speaker 3: And it's Monday, I'm gonna do what I do. The weekend is mine. So how was your week's Super Bowl weekend?
Speaker 5: Matt Uh.
Speaker 2: Friday night, the PBJ Trio played Hennessy's on Main Street and seal fun time. I mention it because I met a dad Mike. I believe his son's name was Anthony, And it was one of those when you meet him, uh you remember how old we are, because he said he was a little kid when he started listening. Yes, and he's like thirty and had like a little kid with him and stuff. So it's like, yeah, that's how long it's been. But very nice to meet them, very nice family. Saturday was in the water for a few hours.
Speaker 5: In the morning.
Speaker 2: I had a friend, a couple friends playing in their band at Mother's and I pulled up and there were so many people.
Speaker 3: I left.
Speaker 2: I don't know when I became that person, but it was just like out, I really did.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: I just worked my way into that crowd, get right up front and be all excited rocking out to some ass rock. But yeah, I just left and I cleaned up the garage for a while. I had dinner with the family at Islands. Islands. We say it every time, and I don't go there a lot, but when I do, it's a reminder. It's the only place that still puts the calories on the menu. Can we please get Yardhouse do it? Can we just take them off? I want your burger and fries and I don't want to know it's sixteen hundred calories, all right. I want to enjoy my burger and fries and not think about that. I'm at Islands. Let's just take it off the menus. It was stupid in the first place.
Speaker 5: And then uh oh.
Speaker 2: I met Sarah, the manager there also a listener, so a lot of listeners. This weekend Sunday surf the Dawn Patrol grocery store for the Frank's Buffalo chicken dip ingredients for the Super Bowl party Good Doctors hosted this week or this year's. Took the two daughters, the wife over. His son was there with a bunch of his college buddies and one of his friends. Wes had a very interesting a beer and all that. They were doing that a lot. Yeah, they were playing spike ball and the pong and all that. But Wes just took an entire row or column of the squares and I was like, you know, you kind of want to move it around and try to get you know, you maximize the different number combinations you can get. And he was like, he's gonna take a chance, man, maybe a great number gets pulled. And I got it, just dialed, and I'm gonna win no matter what. And sure enough, he pulled three for the Patriots, and he won the final and the big cash prize. So way to go West with your unorthodox approach to these Super Bowl squares and a victory on your part, one that I doubted and tried to guide you and how you should play squares, and you were like, old man, get away. And he won, and he won despite just taking the entire column and I'm like, stop it, hey, you want to you know, you don't want to get stuck with one number. I mean, otherwise you're I know, let's just see what that number is when they pull it. Man made a fool of me, a real fool. Did you keep referencing it like if that one guy didn't do what he did?
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 2: I was thoroughly impressed. I congratulated him. I said, both strategy West. Did we leave with what like five hundred buck dollars? I think he left with one hundred and twenty bucks billion dollars. It's just, you know, for a college kid, one hundred twenty bucks. Man kidding me, cause you like a six pack of those sixteen ounce IPAs.
Speaker 3: Carton of Magnum condoms for big poots.
Speaker 5: Tim had a great weekend. Guys started a little early for me. I was able to leave here. Thank you to Colin for stepping in. And we hosted the GCU women's lacrosse team, which Leila is playing in her final year.
Speaker 3: The lacrosse bus pull up to his house.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we hosted him for a little taco dinner.
Speaker 3: They get the bus up.
Speaker 5: The hill bus came up. The hill bus parked beautifully and had about thirty of them with the coaching staff and the bus driver and the team and everybody. Taco guy. We had the taco people come yes, and Paulina's Taco. We got their shout out to Polina's Taco. They came and to give us the taco party. And then Leslie and I drove up to Solvang and we're there for about a day and a half watching the team play four games in two days.
Speaker 3: They didn't do great Danish or anything, no danishes.
Speaker 5: We did stay at the Chumash Resort there in the Great Santianez Valley. Had a great time. Friday night, went to Paninos for lunch, went to Star Loosen Suns for some for some wine that we picked up as were members. Then about cheese, no cheese, no cheese.
Speaker 3: Are you an allocator at Sarlouis?
Speaker 4: We are.
Speaker 5: Does that mean like a member you allocate wine or remember, yes, we get wine every quarter of the year. We went to Whiskey and Rice Smokehouse in downtown Solving and closed them out, which is not saying a lot. They closed at nine o'clock, so but we were there Saturday nights, had dinner with my parents who were up there. It was great to hang out with them. Not a late night town, he said, It's not really. I thought it would be a place to just leave the lights on. After her game on Sunday morning, drove back and got invited to zero Super Bowl parties. Apparently I have nobody that likes me. I got zero invitations, no text, no like, hey, if you're home, why don't you come over and watch the game. So I sat and watched the game by myself while everybody else watched the Olympics and different events that were happening yesterday afternoon and evening. And I just sat and watched the game by myself and drank a bottle of sar Louse wine by myself.
Speaker 3: I allocated this one by myself. Your Yeah, that sounds like what I wish I did.
Speaker 5: I was thinking, Oh, Petrolss is in the same boat as you were saying you had no parties to go to. Well, we'll find out if you had a party to go to or not. That certainly I'm sure Ronnie did. But I had nothing. I had nothing about myself in a TV remote and a bottle of wine.
Speaker 4: That was it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Ronnie, I don't feel bad. That sounds great.
Speaker 5: I didn't enjoy it.
Speaker 3: You're not alone.
Speaker 6: A whole lot of people didn't enjoy this dog of a super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Had a nice weekend.
Speaker 6: Friday I was out and thanks to Katie for sliding in for me, I had a doctor's appointment for a physical exam that included a shinkles vaccination that laid me out for the entire weekend. Just about I was out on Friday night with a headache and flu like symptoms carried me through probably mid Saturday. Started to feel a little bit better and got up and started to do some stuff, including watching the Olympics.
Speaker 3: And Sunday felt a whole lot better.
Speaker 6: So we gathered at my son Julian Plays with family and close friends and had a great time, eating, drinking and having a separate branched off conversations because nobody was really paying any attention to that game. Other than that, we had a great time. Came home, watched the Olympics and called it an early night. Guys, that was my weekend.
Speaker 5: So you went to a party, Yes, I went to a party. Indeed I didn't go anywhere you went.
Speaker 2: You had a bottle of wine that you consumed in its entirety and watched the game by yourself.
Speaker 5: Party O one over here, Petros.
Speaker 3: I thought I had shingles a few months back, so the doctor told you. Yes, they told me at the urgent care. Oh we remember, I was misdiagnosed. And it turned out it was just very aggressive ex amount.
Speaker 2: And then you went and got the shingles vaccine because it's so freaked you out. And they were like, you should go get the vaccine. You're like, you're right, because man, thinking I had shingles was a nightmare. I did make sure that doesn't happen. I did not, you know, they told him we should all get this vaccine because it can really knock you out.
Speaker 3: Friday night, I drove home and then I was at home. And then Saturday, I pulled into the driveway that in fact was attached to my home, so I was old. Saturday, I pulled out of that driveway. I did. I to go to yoga and uh and got coffee at the Offset Coffee where I always do. I go to Kefe Yoga. My sister owns the yoga is no longer asked about Union Guy. He's a restaurant tour He's yeah, he's up at dawn embedded, I went to the Offset Coffee and got my coffee. And I don't think I did anything on Saturday other than just sit around and eat leftovers. And then on Sunday I ended up getting invited to multiple Super Bowl parties. Okay, now we've got choices asumptions, Like the kids were split on what they wanted, like it was a mess, and I didn't know what to do. So after yoga, I went to the Bristol Farms and purchased deviled eggs.
Speaker 2: To take to whichever superman.
Speaker 3: To the party. And I went to the party I was going to go to at I was going to go to my uncle's because my cousin's, and then the kids just wanted to stay local. I turned down Robbie Bogdanovitch, like it was just I didn't know what to do, Matt. I couldn't figure it out. It must be nice all these parties to go to buy options, but I didn't have an allocated bottle of sarlouse cab, but you had deviled eggs, Deviled eggs and a bottle of tequila. Who's gonna get lucky enough to get these deviled eggs? Well, here's the thing. So it's like noon, and I got these deviled eggs in my car and I was like, I'm going to bring them over to the party right now and put them in her fridge at Heather Chiconi's fridge at Renzo Chiconi's house, Fine Italian America, right And I showed up at her house and she's like, Petro's kickoff is at three thirty?
Speaker 2: What are you doing here? I was like, what times you get there?
Speaker 3: It was like twelve thirty. I said, I'm not here to hang out, just put these in your fridge. These are your awesome deviled eggs for a party. And she was like, God, I thought she was showing up early and we're not ready.
Speaker 2: I was like, you're thinking, we don't want you here three hours before kick, you weirdo.
Speaker 3: I'm not here three hours before kick. I'm not that eager to go to your party.
Speaker 4: Anybody beat me?
Speaker 5: Am I the first one here.
Speaker 3: So then I got home and I was like, you know what, I'm gonna chill and just take it easy before I go over to the party because they think I'm over eager. And then the real estate dad came through and tried to go to the Red Onion and last year. You know, it's unfortunate because last year I know for a fact that the real estate dad got so excited at the Red Onion. He never made it to a super Bowl party, stayed there watching no, he never saw the game that DRP he got blown out, blown out. And then that morning on my way to Yo Guy, I saw the real estate dad like with his son, wearing a mask like scraping off the bottom of a boat, and I was like, wow, he really learned his lesson this year. You know he's not and what do you know. He's like, let's go to the Red Onion before the game.
Speaker 5: But you know where you went?
Speaker 3: I did, and my wife went, my daughter. It was it was tame enough. And then I went to the supermoy at the Chiconi's.
Speaker 2: Did you eat any of the deviled eggs that you brought? I ate most of the devil eggs that I brought, not the way it always worked. There was like, wow, the deviled eggs are a hit. I was like, no, they're not.
Speaker 3: I ate them all.
Speaker 2: So I was made to feel like they were a hit. I did that with my buffalo chicken dip too. I was like, this stuff is so good. Look it is, it's almost gone.
Speaker 3: Nobody else wants to know, bricking my stellmaking eating cream cheese and ranch dressing. Yeah, but I enjoyed the game. But you know, when you're at a party and that's loud and there's Italians, you know, you don't watch the commercials really, you know, you don't really get to decipher the Spanish from Bad Bunnies auto tune. It's hard.
Speaker 5: And I watched all the commercials by myself.
Speaker 2: Guys, you know, there was nobody making noie cakes.
Speaker 5: I laughed at some of them just by myself. I'm like, this is great, especially the AI one. Right, Ronnie baby really missing it.
Speaker 3: You guys are missing it. There was a bird and I loved it. Hey, Ronnie, you're a big AI guy. What it was a chick?
Speaker 2: So it was a mule and in a chicken anyway, So everybody had a great time except Kate's weirdo.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Thanks, sorry, Tim, that's all right. Maybe next year.
Speaker 3: Hey, but you had a boss rolled up to your house.
Speaker 5: That's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Hey. By the way, we try to get Softy on to celebrate too Drunk, he said he needed to rest.
Speaker 5: How about tomorrow.
Speaker 3: We're like, no, he needs to rest. Tomorrow is too late. We're not going to celebrate.
Speaker 5: Is done.
Speaker 3: We're done. Today is the day. Today was your day to lick the tins and you turned it down.
Speaker 2: I need a day to rest, you think, because he just blew out his voice from screaming, I.
Speaker 3: Promise you that he probably went absolutely himself inside the defense.
Speaker 2: We did have one kid at the party who was from Boston. Goes to Claremont from Boston, and like, on the first drive the Patriots got a first down and he screamed and shook the house and I was like, cool, it's gonna be a long night. You've got to leave some room in case they win. You just celebrated like they scored the game. When he turns out that he had a pretty good gay job. That's the only first down they got mcadalland scored the touchdown.
Speaker 4: He was just like whatever.
Speaker 3: Word number saw coming up, stay with us. It's PETROSI, buddy b