Speaker 1: On his twenty first Santana and the Brothers taking Stage down on his twenty seventh. Twenty seventh get all the details on all of our upcoming shows in the concert pitch you camp and dot com tourret calendar.
Speaker 2: Get that right, man.
Speaker 3: Big concerts there this week, like tonight is EVENTE Sevenfold, Tomorrow is Black Crows, and Wednesday, I think is Chris Stapleton's Three Nights.
Speaker 4: From a Row.
Speaker 2: And what's her face? Was there on Saturday?
Speaker 5: Hillary Duff?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, was one sixty nine packed?
Speaker 2: Unreal.
Speaker 6: I didn't know she was that big of a deal. She's been a comeback over the last year or so.
Speaker 7: And also she has not toured any ever, so I think that was a huge part of it.
Speaker 6: So I was asking zach this, and I'm not trying to crap on Hillary Duff because that's.
Speaker 5: Put your hand down, Dwight Yeah, Dwight Wood. This isn't Kenny Chesney, this is Hillary Duff. So low.
Speaker 6: So what I didn't understand though, and I still was asking Zachary about this, is I didn't think musically she was that big of a deal.
Speaker 5: So is this just.
Speaker 6: Her whole bit with like TV movies and music or do people really go that crazy for her music or like her.
Speaker 4: I feel like it's all of it.
Speaker 5: It's part of nostalgia.
Speaker 6: But she did come out with music recently that I remember, like when it came out, a lot of people were playing it and talked to you. But I think part of it is obviously she's got the leg up from the nostalgia and stuff, and I think she used to do the songs and Lizzie McGuire. Okay, well, so here's speaking of speaking of concerts. Here's the other question I had. I took my daughter, but both both daughters, but technically the youngest one had three friends and we went to Ridgedale yesterday and one of the friends had just gone to the Megan Maroney show, so she had that like Camo Megan Marony shirt this is Cloud nine exactly, and walking through Ridgdale about four other girls had had exact shirt on, so they had all just bought it, right, They had all just went to the show wore hers yesterday exactly. It seems like everybody that went to the show two nights ago wore it yesterday.
Speaker 5: You went to the show and raved about it as well. It was a ten out of time.
Speaker 4: Really yep, really really good.
Speaker 7: And I didn't have low expectations at all, because I do really like Megan Maroney and I've seen her one other time when she was at the Armory last year, and this was her first ever arena tour, and holy moly, this is one of those people where you say, this girl was born to entertain in some way, shape or form. Turns out she can really sing, my God, NonStop. Just energy and like engagement is the best word that I could think of, because she was constantly engaged with the crowd. You know when you sometimes have a singer just singing and kind of checked out and you're like going through the motions, but I like your songs, so no, she was like talking to and pointing with and reacting and it was so good.
Speaker 4: But here is something that.
Speaker 7: Stands out to me and you guys as concertgoers and Hokey.
Speaker 4: As a musician himself or an artist himself. Okay, I was in the pit.
Speaker 7: It's only the second time I've ever been in the pit for any show ever. Kenny Chesney was the other time. I'm not a usual pitgoer, but it put me up closer in an area I'm not. You know, typically part of every time Megan Maroney turned anywhere near us, all hundred camera phones went into the air, which is fine, I get it. You're getting great pictures, great video whatever.
Speaker 4: It was amazing.
Speaker 7: But I was thinking about from her perspective, do you, as the artist, do you really lock eyes with anyone? Do you see faces? Are you singing to people or everywhere you turn? Are you always singing to hundreds of iPhones?
Speaker 3: Well, I would guess she probably can see maybe two rows deep, if at all, so because of spotlights or lights, Yeah, spotlight is.
Speaker 4: So it probably doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean yeah, I would guess. I would guess she probably can't see the audience most of the time.
Speaker 4: But yeah, well she did a great job selling it.
Speaker 7: But the people even like when she she would just turn in a direction, it would be like a hundred arms going up and people waving. But they're waving with one arm and they have their cell phone in the other because they're hoping to capture.
Speaker 4: You know, the wave at them. And another girl had a hat.
Speaker 7: Like her Megan Maroney to her hat or whatever, and she's waving it in the air. Every time Megan Maroney would turn our way, but he shit her cell phone in the other hand, like trying hopefully capturing if Megan would point at the hat or take the hat.
Speaker 4: I don't know what the point.
Speaker 7: Was, but the way that cell phones have changed the way a lot of people go to concerts to try to capture moments is incredible.
Speaker 4: Now, did I have mine out several times?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: And I got some.
Speaker 7: Great videos, But I also was really conscious of, like I should put my phone down and make sure I'm just like listening and taking this in. And she played for almost two hours, so I had plenty.
Speaker 4: Opportunities to do that.
Speaker 7: Anyway, I'm gushing because this is a young woman. She's like twenty six years old, twenty eight years old something like that.
Speaker 4: Oh, incredible performer.
Speaker 6: All right, So that camouflage T shirt with the pink lettering that everybody's wearing. Yeah, what do we think Martie paid or did you pay her to foster?
Speaker 2: Pay?
Speaker 4: Fostered in her name is Finleyly.
Speaker 7: She has a job this summer for the first time, so is that she can buy things like that on her own. She bought two T shirts, that one and the Cloud nine because that has the cities on the back, oh.
Speaker 5: The tour days.
Speaker 6: Sure, what do we think the camouflage pink lettering shirt costs?
Speaker 2: And again it was just a T shirt?
Speaker 5: Was your shirt? Yeah, we're gonna go fifty five ish. I'm just gonna say, ye, five to six speed. We're all in that range. What's the right aname? Sir?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I didn't even you don't even know. Okay, I thought you were going to tell me.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I just thought, maybe you know, whatever her name is, maybe he told you she didn't.
Speaker 7: You know what, if Matt's listening, he'll text me because he has her.
Speaker 4: He keeps a close eye on.
Speaker 6: The old spending then Mode Sure.
Speaker 4: Transaction, credit card thing, oriental control.
Speaker 7: She so we ate at Kuren So the show was at Target Center and Vorious Vig. She has two daughters, and our three girls went together. We ate right across the street Kieren's Pub and the girls. The merch tent was at Target Center, right in front, like lobby area. So the girls walked over there while we were eating, got their merch. We walked it back to the car, et cetera. I didn't look at the price tag. I would best sixty or seventy Online it.
Speaker 5: Says fifty five.
Speaker 4: Oh, okay, that's actually I.
Speaker 5: Wonder is it more at a show though I would hope not.
Speaker 7: But I had a friend inside Target Center who said the merch line, what was.
Speaker 4: She was like a half an hour sheeps? But uh, that's what you get when you're popular. I mean, not a bad problem to have.
Speaker 7: She At one point Megan Maroney went to the back of the arena and then was elevated by pulleys or whatever in a window like she's sitting in a windowsill with her guitar, and they brought her up, I don't know, thirty feet into the air so that she could see the back of the stadium. There was so much Taylor.
Speaker 4: Swift ish about that show.
Speaker 7: Howck you know what I'm talking about? Yea, Max, you know what I'm talking about. All these girls singing back to her every word of every song.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: And when I saw Taylor Swift, I don't know, eight years ago at us Bank Stadium, she went to the back of the room, was on some kind of an elevated stage so that the people in the three hundred level could see her, which is a wonderful gesture. The unwashed deserve to see and.
Speaker 4: They did and she was like, wow, are you doing up there?
Speaker 5: I see you and not just your beautiful people in the pit. Yeah. I just wish they washed them, well, not not all them who was sitting in the two hundreds anybody.
Speaker 2: Know, bunch, I mean unwashed people.
Speaker 5: Yeah? And did they still like he didn't mind sitting there though.
Speaker 7: Now Matt texted me fifty five in sixty one of them Matt, oh, oh stop sor right let me start her. My husband, whose name is Matt, texted me fifty five and sixty. So one of the t shirts was fifty five dollars, one of them sixty.
Speaker 5: But the memories will last to.
Speaker 7: Like, eh, they will at a concert if you could charge eighty and eighty five and people would be like, oh.
Speaker 4: And still buy it?
Speaker 7: Yeah, man, I mean you're gonna buy a Dave Matthew's shirt sauce.
Speaker 4: When you go.
Speaker 5: No, I will not. Why I remember the last time I bought merch But.
Speaker 7: What if it says uh shakap Minnesota on the back?
Speaker 8: No, I probably will not. I don't want to and I don't want to wait in the line.
Speaker 5: And be it's probably eighty bucks.
Speaker 2: What do you care.
Speaker 5: What if this is the shaker on the back, then I'll buy it. Then I'll buy one for hawk.
Speaker 4: Yeah, ye's old man.
Speaker 6: I mean at the three eleven show, I paid forty dollars for a poster that my wife will never let me hang.
Speaker 5: So what's the difference.
Speaker 4: You bought a poster.
Speaker 5: Buy them all? Yeah? Yeahshed does the same money Unwashed.
Speaker 8: At least there was more than fifteen hundred people at his show, so you can't get them.
Speaker 5: Oh boy, you didn't. You didn't even go I'm going this time because that rang out. Daddy. We'll see if you do. You don't be mad at me, You don't be don't.
Speaker 6: Beat Maybe you do your best Kyle Shanahan impression in cliffsh On the way.
Speaker 5: That'd be bad. Why do you want me to get the car? Did and say that I wanted to?
Speaker 6: It could be a little ironic, right If you crash, have a satellite crashed into you, what would you say?
Speaker 5: We'll play it?
Speaker 2: We should take up gymnastics.
Speaker 5: Why the bar collapse if I hung.
Speaker 2: On it like that one did in downtown? Yea, when you walk in, I.
Speaker 6: Got a postcard? Oh you got a postcard? Remember I got one too. I read it last week. This one's said the same one.
Speaker 8: Sauce landed in Rome had the best meal I ever had. A rivederci off to Tuscan. He rose from Steve.
Speaker 4: Mount and the postmark like the stamp on it.
Speaker 6: Oh sure, yeah legit a riderci yep off to Tuscan.
Speaker 5: I such a great That was the news, yeah man.
Speaker 2: Brought to you by my friends at the Saint Paul Saints, Saints.
Speaker 3: Baseball dot Com going down to cochs Field catch a game soon. You'll love the experience. Thank you, Saints Baseball, Saints Baseball dot.
Speaker 5: Com, saut Sports.
Speaker 7: Next, Hiatt's Marnie Gellner here for mini leave.
Speaker 4: I've been feeling great.
Speaker 5: It's official.
Speaker 1: The twenty The Power Trips twenty fifth Birthday Bash is on at Treasure Island November fifth and sixth, Friday shows open to anyone. It's available everyone initials game a trip to Vegas with the guys up to grabs of course Thursday's comedy show featuring Kelsey Cook, Chad Daniel Siominson and Tommy Rayman. It's full, but you can still join the waitlists of Camfe dot com.
Speaker 5: Slash two five.
Speaker 6: Part it sounds like Brian Oak is in the building. Amelia should be here in the second.
Speaker 2: I've got fourteen thousand dollars on Oak today.
Speaker 5: Oh is that right? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I got a problem.
Speaker 5: You have a problem that I love that action.
Speaker 2: It's weird. I don't uh. I couldn't believe I found somebody on the street to take the bet.
Speaker 5: What was his name?
Speaker 2: John Wilmer?
Speaker 5: Happy birthday, Marnie? Nervous or not?
Speaker 7: Trying to tell myself I'm not and that I don't really care and whatever happens happens, and all of.
Speaker 5: That is a lie.
Speaker 6: Okay, ye sauce with sports. Let's let's see what you got, Paul.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you got?
Speaker 6: Paul?
Speaker 5: See you got?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 2: It's time for a fan five on the Power Trip see.
Speaker 3: Monty by Circa Resorting Casino Staking Circa.
Speaker 5: The Absolute Bets.
Speaker 6: This is probably a good time to mention some new construction projects around Las Vegas.
Speaker 8: Is the A's Ballpark going in down by Circa?
Speaker 5: No, it's on the other end of the strip.
Speaker 6: So I've been told by multiple cab drivers that an NBA arena might be down on that end of the strip.
Speaker 5: Not in all the way downtown, but by the wind.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like at that end of the strip exactly, but not where the A Stadium is currently underway, which is the other.
Speaker 5: End by the ex Caliber across the street. Sure. Yeah, maybe they can finally get rid of that eye sore and put a second circle on the strip. Would be great and it would be sweet.
Speaker 8: Sorry, the Twins took two to three from the A's after beating them eleven to eight yesterday. They're off today, but they battle the Terrible Royals tomorrow with six forty. Taj Bradley goes for your Minnesota Twins.
Speaker 5: I just wanted to watch.
Speaker 7: He was really good in his last Actually, he's had a lot of really good starts.
Speaker 4: I don't know, man, this is Isn't this kind of.
Speaker 7: The exact scenario we were talking about that if the Twins just kind of hover around.
Speaker 4: It's going to be a really interesting and difficult decision. What do you think, Maxo?
Speaker 6: I think they just got to get the pitching together, says of a couple of weeks ago. I mean, it's kind of a shocking statistic to here, but the Twins were leading the al in runs as of like a week or two ago.
Speaker 7: They have been doing that all season, and I don't.
Speaker 4: Know that anyone would look at the construction of the roster and.
Speaker 7: Go yeah, of course everybody predicted that, right, And.
Speaker 5: That's not a rip, it's not a no.
Speaker 6: Well, do you want a construction update, I can give you one roster constructions. I thought you were just asking about Las Vegas construction because I was googling like latest projects.
Speaker 4: Sure, I'll take both. I love Las Vegas.
Speaker 5: We'll get the saucege sports.
Speaker 8: And then the other thing too, though, is is it Shay Langoliers the A's catcher is out.
Speaker 4: I want a shade from the Langley.
Speaker 5: That's pretty good, thank you.
Speaker 8: So that might thing that Ryan Jeffers is more valuable to a team that needs a catcher. So, but the hot rumor is they are not going to trade Joe Ryan or Byron Buxton.
Speaker 4: That's the hot run based on just like some people talking.
Speaker 5: To people. No, I don't have any sources with them anymore. I wonder why. I wonder why they stopped giving you information. I deserve it. I mean, I still have one, but you know I can't blame him. Yeah, Mitch dud So.
Speaker 8: Anyway, the MLB trade deadline is a week from today hawk, Are you excited for that?
Speaker 5: Who do you think is going to get traded?
Speaker 2: Byron Murphy?
Speaker 8: Speaking of that, the Vikings rookies reported to camp yesterday. The Vets report tomorrow. Their first public practice is this Saturday. Nor do when I will be there noon to two.
Speaker 2: Lets go very cool, let's go. It's football season, man.
Speaker 8: Yeah, man, every single team will be in training camp by tomorrow on.
Speaker 2: Let's go all kinds of storylines. Let's do it. It's time. It's football season.
Speaker 3: I can feel in the air and fifty degrees outside, but it's football season.
Speaker 7: When you guys woke up, I know it's the It's still dark outside. Can you could you see the condensation on the windows in your win wipe?
Speaker 8: The whole way way so weird driveway club, Yeah, but the whole way, Yeah, the whole way is what's happening. It was kind of beautiful out but then I'm like, man, it's like a bong out here.
Speaker 5: There's smoking. What else is it exactly like out here? Like a steam bath? What else is it exactly like like a sauna? What else is it exactly like.
Speaker 8: Like a fresh hot triple stack of pancakes from McDonald's my loves McDonald's pancakes.
Speaker 2: Is it exactly?
Speaker 5: Speaking of pancakes? Old, please here it is?
Speaker 6: Uh. Over the weekend, you tweeted, this place has the best pang cakes on the planet. Go to the one in the Plymouth Coke burns one out of one hundred, no notes. Apparently the buttered tin best pancakes you've ever had.
Speaker 5: I've ever had. They were fantastic, buttered so good.
Speaker 8: Inside they have like yeah where you can like order, sit down and they bring it to you. It's so good, man, the pancakes. You have to go, Corey, you'd love them, is that right? They're they're like this thick and about this big.
Speaker 5: You like them thick? Yeah, thick and sprucy. Like that shirt. Where's that?
Speaker 8: Such a great shirt Christmas? Such a great shirt. Oh yeah, they're so good.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: What do you put on your pancakes?
Speaker 5: Just syrup and butter? What day did you go? Saturday morning?
Speaker 8: We went to We tried the original pancake house, but it was an hour long.
Speaker 5: By an hour, it's always.
Speaker 8: And I may have said that that very loud in the parking lot, because I'm like, I don't want to wait that long.
Speaker 6: Sounds like you improved anyway. But again, if we did the invite.
Speaker 5: You wouldn't go. You don't like me anymore. I couldn't.
Speaker 6: I was spending time in my old stomping grounds in Taylor's Falls to the old drive in got I love that drive in just junk at well, not at nine am, but we drove it like ten, so I wouldn't have had time to have pancakes with you.
Speaker 5: You should go. Do you ever go to the drive in? And Taylor's Falls like drive ins?
Speaker 4: I don't think I've ever been to one.
Speaker 5: What I'm sorry you're missing? They got many? She's washed you're washed up?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: No, no cheese curs a plus, Oh, daddy man?
Speaker 4: Did you see a movie?
Speaker 5: No? No, no, not a drive in movie theater like an old school like malt shop driving. Yes, yeah, it's called the drive in? Okay creatively tighty.
Speaker 4: Yes, I've been to those.
Speaker 6: Kind of driving those sure things, Yes, love them.
Speaker 4: Did they serve you on roller skates?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: No, no he doesn't wear roller skates.
Speaker 5: No no, no tact here repeat take.
Speaker 6: But again we're twenty five years in so that was like fifteen minutes from where I grew up, Mars right in Chisago, give or take right, And so a lot of my high school friends were waitresses there in high school because why not make some money in the summer. And Kirby Puckett would stop there on his way to his cabin. And it was legendarily an awesome tipper. So like whoever got Pucket's car was like jackpot. So I guess, uh, that was kind of the legend of Taylor's falls. His Pucket tipped like crazy good.
Speaker 8: That's over at the breakfast spot over there. If dark star get coffee and a thing of toast and leave you a hundred bucks, sounds about right. And he half the time leave the toast, never took it with him.
Speaker 5: It made no sense. He made some terrible financially.
Speaker 8: I mean, that's at least what Sid was yelling at him when fed his funeral.
Speaker 6: Yeah, omeher Pucket's cabin was. I think it was in Wisconsin. It must he must have gone right over the border.
Speaker 5: Yeah, probably, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Somebody knows he didn't have he didn't have pancakes at Coburn's.
Speaker 8: No, can I ask a question, go on, how is Kirby pup Well, I guess after he stopped playing. How is Kirby Puckett going to a cabin during the summer? Is ant he playing sports?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 6: Maybe this was after he retired again, I was in high school until ninety eight. When was his last year, like ninety six something like that. When did you get hurt? Ninety five or ninety six, somewhere in that range.
Speaker 1: That's so, it's a deer lake in Saint Cray Falls, Wisconsin, dear Lake, the two.
Speaker 8: Hello, lebron Is joining the seventy six ers on a two year, eight million dollar deal.
Speaker 4: Ninety five was his final.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so there we go. So it was after his playing career.
Speaker 6: Then, Yeah, we finished fifth, though Marty did there's how many how many NBA teams?
Speaker 5: How many teams are there in the NBA is at thirty? What thirty many?
Speaker 6: So we finished, I mean in the top sixteen percent. That's pretty cool. Yeah, I mean we cashed. Yeah, it wasn't nothing, you know now it is.
Speaker 4: Now it's nothing.
Speaker 5: We like to say, hang the banner. Yeah, we finished fifth. I feel like.
Speaker 7: Everything else all the other dominoes can now fall, like specifically for the Timberwolves, if we've said, okay, we don't have a power forward. Yet that's the one piece that this team still needs. And any move that Tim Connolly was maybe looking at other teams might have been holding on to players or pieces or thoughts because they didn't know.
Speaker 4: Where Lebron was going. So if that was a hold up, that can now move forward.
Speaker 7: So maybe by not coming here this actually benefits the Timberwolves. Positively love that spin. The Sixers could be really good. But what are the chances that Joel Embiid is healthy all season?
Speaker 5: I like that. I like that.
Speaker 6: According to reports that like Lebron met with Mbat and was like, are you healthy?
Speaker 5: Are you going to stay healthy? Well? How does he know? How do you know if you're going to stay healthy? What is he a sorcerer? What is he a sorcerer or something? Yes he is, Yeah, he cast spells. Yeah, yeah, he's a sorcerer.
Speaker 2: He was born a frog park.
Speaker 5: Do you still watch which videos? Okay, not all.
Speaker 6: Amelia Sandranello is here, Brian Oak is here. We'll talk to them in a second. We'll do some Vikings news after this. Marnie Gellner's already here. This is the Power Trim Morning Show on the Fan one eight hundred.
Speaker 5: Ask Gary traffic Center.
Speaker 4: This report is sponsored by Rocatto dot com. Good news they cleared a crash on thirty five W northbound the.
Speaker 5: Mike's turn off.
Speaker 1: Check out the cafe and YouTube channel for exclusive videos and depth takes, initials, password games, behind the scenes content, and more. Search cafean on YouTube and hit subscribe.
Speaker 5: Today studio is filling up.
Speaker 2: Look at everybody. Thanks to Ragco.
Speaker 3: By the way, you're normally bringing us Vikings news right now.
Speaker 2: Thank you Ragco.
Speaker 3: Your truck accessory pro store was huge group of people.
Speaker 6: Now it's his icon news because Brian Oaks here, Amelia Santonello's here, Mary Gill, there's here's.
Speaker 5: Just a room full of goats. No big deal.
Speaker 9: Oh I have a quick question, Martie. Can you get me a dime bag? I understand you got friends right now? Oh yeah, we go to You know what if there's anyone that could get away with spoken in the studio. I think and see that you look good with it. Yeah, I mean it's natural. Well, I just like you've done it before.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, it would kill you if we lit that. We're not doing that.
Speaker 9: We're not, but you look, you look good. It's never too late to start looking cool. That's what I recommend with cigarettes for everybody.
Speaker 5: And Amelia, you're you're saying you're like.
Speaker 10: I smoked about it.
Speaker 5: I was going to say, losing your voice maybe smoking cigarettes?
Speaker 2: Can you know.
Speaker 5: Pushed through?
Speaker 10: No, Oh my gosh. Yeah, it's some sort of a virus. Let's hope.
Speaker 11: Listen, it's better than yesterday. I could barely talk. Frank was very happy, and look at you going into play anyway.
Speaker 10: Look at of course, we'll see how it goes.
Speaker 6: Got to keep this momentum. Man, we're three for three with the ladies. Is here about that?
Speaker 10: I saw that.
Speaker 7: Remember Phoebe got that horse voice? Yeah, and it turned out to be awesome. She tried to get it back.
Speaker 10: She just trying to get it, trying to get people.
Speaker 4: She was like, let me, let's see how it goes.
Speaker 11: Let's see how it goes. I can be trying to make out with somebody with a cold advance.
Speaker 10: I'm talking.
Speaker 5: Marnie.
Speaker 3: That's she's sponsored by being made out with. Look at her, and she got her fingers.
Speaker 4: Look at you.
Speaker 3: Your fingernails were turning yellow as we speak. It's the it's the most incredible thing.
Speaker 11: You look at you, You guys, how about the studio, I mean all the cameras and everything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, very nice.
Speaker 6: We've asked people the last couple of times during the initials quarter finals about this. Did you guys come in the old way, through the land of.
Speaker 5: The loss or through the new office?
Speaker 6: Brian?
Speaker 9: No, we came through the back rooms, which is apparently what we do here now. When I walk I'm in here every week with common to do rock talk. And when I walked through and there's no one in the hallways and just the long white hallways with piercing fluorescent lights up above, it's got a very back rooms. There was just a little light sort of music playing.
Speaker 5: In the background. It would be terrifying and I'd be stuck here forever. Half the building is worth being proud about.
Speaker 6: Oh really, the other half is the other half and it's a death mark.
Speaker 10: And what's the other way to get in.
Speaker 5: Well, you can go.
Speaker 6: Through our new flashy fancy glass doors off.
Speaker 10: Yeah, we did not do that.
Speaker 5: You know, we went through the back rooms. Part. I didn't go through the flashy party.
Speaker 11: I was a little lost. It was like a maze. I felt like things white, you know. But it's nice though, and a lot of security, which is good, Yes, which is very good for you guys. Yeah, absolutely sure, Brian said. It remind him of severance.
Speaker 5: They just sur vibe.
Speaker 9: It's, you know, having spent as much time in this building as I have over the years, it's a different look for sure. It's a very very different vibe. It's got a sort of clinical nature to the hallways.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 4: I was talking to your audi last night.
Speaker 6: This car said you, how much would you have loved while you were here?
Speaker 5: Parts of it? No, parts of it?
Speaker 9: Yes, you know, a little of car column a column b Yeah, no, I wouldn't that be lovely though, just to be like, you can go do whatever you want, doesn't matter how depraved, how awful, how terrible, how soul is, and then just go home and get a good night's sleep, kind of like that's the story of the Power Trip Morning Show.
Speaker 5: I believe that Have.
Speaker 3: You been to the the new Mystic like Amphitheater yet, mister Brian.
Speaker 5: I have not, and I've heard, but I know many people. Is that me?
Speaker 4: Is this your first day in right now?
Speaker 5: Wow? That I I.
Speaker 9: Don't know if I Yeah, no, I got a guy waiting downstairs, and says Martie got that bag or not.
Speaker 5: I know a number of people who have been out there.
Speaker 9: I have not personally yet, but they said that the sound was excellent, the site lines were excellent, it was comfortable whether you wanted to be up close or go sit out in the bowl. So I haven't been there, but I've heard nothing but great things. Is it great?
Speaker 3: It's pretty awesome. Yeah, I just I was wondering, have you Have you been to many shows? Is because it seems like every band is coming through the Twin seties at some point to recommend an.
Speaker 5: I've been to a few.
Speaker 9: The most recent show I went to was No I see. I like shows like that. I have a spectacle of that size, just because a spectacle like that, it's an event, right, Like everyone knows watching football at home is way better than going to a football game. But going to a game is this ceremony, right, It's this big thing. It's this celebration. It's gladiatorial and it's.
Speaker 5: Kind of like.
Speaker 9: I won saw Shania Twain last time she came through, and she ruled she was fantastic, So I would go to that. I just don't know any of Megan's songs. She's she's' I missed the boat on that one. But no, I haven't been to any big shows recently. I did recently. This last Wednesday, my daughter and I went to the Turf Club in Saint Paul and saw the twenty fifth anniversary of nerdcore rapper mc chris. Anybody Max, Oh, mc chris, mcp pants from Aquitine Hunger Force.
Speaker 5: Oh, and Paul used to his pants. That's how Never mind.
Speaker 9: There's one or two people that are listening right now that are like sweet, I didn't know mc chris was coming, but no, no, Megan Maroney's in my recent.
Speaker 11: Past street Avenue Marning, have you been in a couple of concerts I saw you posting?
Speaker 4: I mean, I mean, yeah, been in a few, a few. I mean I feel like that everyone on this show.
Speaker 10: Is a big, big contract card.
Speaker 4: Now gesturing with.
Speaker 3: I, I feel like you should be wearing a leather jacket right now.
Speaker 5: It's never too late to start looking cool.
Speaker 4: I've got my clips NASCAR.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I didn't realize you're such a sophisticate, Marty.
Speaker 6: How much would Philip Morris have to pay you to smoke cigarettes starting now? Like if if they said a million a year? But you have to smoke. Brian, put your hand out, okay, sorry, Oh, it's got to be for Marnie.
Speaker 4: Okay, I have to take it into the lungs.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, you have to absolutely start smoking cigarette.
Speaker 5: Well, Rosie just took it off the road.
Speaker 6: One pack a day, but they're going to pay you a million dollars a year.
Speaker 9: Walk in the park, of course. I mean I pay almost that much to smoke the packadays.
Speaker 4: If that would cover the cost of a cigarette.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, I really don't know how many what's that? No? No, no, but I smoke.
Speaker 9: I'm not going to plug the brand, but I smoked the They're higher end.
Speaker 5: You know they're not.
Speaker 9: You can get cheaper ones than this. No, give me a couple of those bad Cambridge.
Speaker 10: Your special cigarette. Debrian gave that to you. That's the game.
Speaker 5: Every time. We don't see each other very but we do. We always have a here together, just as exactly.
Speaker 6: It would be awesome if she just had a quote lucky cigarette had in her purse, never smoked it, but just in.
Speaker 10: These kind of moments.
Speaker 11: Yes, she whips it out like this.
Speaker 7: This necklace is this little diamond in the middle was my grandma's. My grandma ruby wow, and she passed away. She left me that that diamond, and so I had it set like in another necklace, so I could have like this lucky necklace.
Speaker 4: And you're a lucky cigaret.
Speaker 7: You can't really chop it off with my sit here you got that is.
Speaker 5: Almon, Amelia.
Speaker 4: You don't seem like a cigarette smoking to me either.
Speaker 6: Do you know how you've had in your entire life, Like no, you were a casual smoker or just you.
Speaker 11: Remember at the bars and you go, yeah, in the day, I remember, you can smoke in a in a bar, well just in a restaurant.
Speaker 6: Yeah, smoking section well against sauceags for years on this show that a cigarette is the coolest accessory you can possibly have.
Speaker 5: It's never too late to start looking cool.
Speaker 6: He understands that, he understands the health consequences. He's just saying the looks.
Speaker 10: Like all depends who's doing it too.
Speaker 9: You know what, Amelia, it was evident immediately that you've had smoking in your past, because the way you held it immediately and right over here, stylish, just far enough away from the face so you're not getting blinded by your own secondhand, but close enough for the occasional punctuation. Greg some people, that's it. Yeah, I mean you're looking for by the way, kids stay in school, don't you drugs?
Speaker 4: Now looks like Sandy after she's gone through the.
Speaker 5: Trends exactly what you can? I can. I I saw something.
Speaker 9: I just I want to share a compliment because I was texting with Corey. As I got here, I'm like, I got here way too early. When should I come, Like, come on up, Amelia is going to be here any minute. And as I walked towards the elevators, I saw someone who I'm like, well that no, that woman's way too young to be Amelia Santinello. And then I saw you on your phone, and I saw a box of donuts and I was like, oh that, and so I said tentatively Amelia, and it was like, hey, you you're holding up very well.
Speaker 10: Thank you, that's very kind. Your whole number.
Speaker 9: Well, yeah, I had the compliments. So it wasn't just a pure fanboy moment, but I did. I thought you you look too young to be Amelia Santinelo.
Speaker 10: And then I tore my glasses off.
Speaker 5: No, no, that's not the case.
Speaker 9: And I'm just saying now on top of it with the mirrored sunglasses and the smoke.
Speaker 5: That's a powerful look. Somebody had hawk.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Marty, I like your NASCAR shirt.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm sitting right.
Speaker 9: You actually know that's you've already were smoking, buddies. I don't need to pay you compliments, all right, we're taking.
Speaker 5: I mean, is Marnie holding up well a different?
Speaker 9: All I know is she's the only one in here with a sponsored shirt that actually says great clips on it, like she's She's been here before, She's poured champagne out in the Winter Circle before. And I'm really hoping that it is either Marnie or Amelia that win today because I'm a big I'm a big proponent of the future being female, and I believe that it might start right here this year.
Speaker 5: On the Initials Invitational tournament.
Speaker 3: I just got an email from Oh No says, Amelia's holding up well, Marnie's holding up traffic.
Speaker 2: Mar.
Speaker 5: Oh Mark, that's.
Speaker 6: It hurts Amelia? Is this in anyway? Is this is this button triggering to you?
Speaker 11: I just I was like, that is Rosie's voice.
Speaker 9: Yeah, he's with h I know that.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, this is your Vietnam has he been that.
Speaker 10: Didn't you have knee surgery?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I haven't heard about it. No, I know.
Speaker 11: You guys have heard about it. I was his first knee surgery. I had to bring him home every single night because he lived in the neighborhoods, just in the back seat with his light propped up, and then I drop him off at home, and then he had to go back in again again. Do you redo that? So when he told me he was getting this done, I might car and go for it. Chloe, his daughter, I'm like, there you go. I hope he's doing I.
Speaker 9: Saw his triumph and return to the studio here last Wednesday when I was in with common okay, well, they didn't know if he was going to come in or not. And there he was, and you know, he had a little hitch in his giddy up, but but he was here and he was moving and he was doing it.
Speaker 4: So I see, oh good, Yeah, what are you saying? Not holding up well? Described?
Speaker 11: You know?
Speaker 9: I was really you know, there are certain things in life that as soon as you say them, you wish you hadn't said them.
Speaker 5: And fix the dance exactly. He rose, I could do this every day if you ask me.
Speaker 11: Off to TuS, he's going to play the Black Swan one.
Speaker 5: Oh, I forgot about that. If I come over to watch.
Speaker 6: Okay, I don't. I don't know if you know that story or not. You know the black Swan Rosie story.
Speaker 5: I don't you know the movie black Swan.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well there's a there's a scene where there's a couple of gals that hook up.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, maybe you remember happens. He saw that.
Speaker 6: Movie with his daughter Zoey, and he was telling the Power To Morning Show the review of Black Swan, and he remember it was a little bit awkward when the like the girl on girl scene started making happening to him in his own mind, and this is a direct quote, in his own mind, he.
Speaker 5: Thought Daddy's enjoying this. He did not say that on the air. Yeah, for word, Hey do we start wet.
Speaker 9: It's one thing to say, you know, I kind of liked it, but Daddy's enjoying this.
Speaker 6: So the unbelievably awesome Minnesota based band Quiet Drive, it used to be on the show all the time. Yeah, And we reached out to a handful of those guys during this time of the Power Trip Morning Show and we're like, hey, this is insane.
Speaker 5: But hear me out, could you do.
Speaker 6: An original song about Mark Rosen saying daddy's enjoying this during Black Swan and what they put together is a thousand out of ten?
Speaker 5: Really, Wow, I didn't hear that.
Speaker 2: I'm finding it.
Speaker 5: It's so good, it's so good. Wow, my gosh.
Speaker 9: I mean, well that you're working with great source material there, right, I mean it seems like that's a very.
Speaker 5: Deep Well, it's so good, it's so good.
Speaker 10: Did you surprise him with that?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah? Oh yeah?
Speaker 10: Did he like it? Or did you.
Speaker 5: Found it? You guys? Where you found it? Here? It was a little something like this.
Speaker 10: Oh you know, baby girl, your daddy enjoys a lot of things, going to the movies with.
Speaker 6: You, a little of them.
Speaker 5: Watching Adrian Patterson one for fifty seven hours, touchdowns.
Speaker 2: That would be another.
Speaker 5: But you know what that part in Black Swans, which.
Speaker 3: Is what.
Speaker 5: You know? I tell you.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna tell you that.
Speaker 5: The guy stuff, you know, the stuff the guys like me hecks the guy stops.
Speaker 2: Make it awkward.
Speaker 5: Just go with it, Just go with it.
Speaker 6: Make it up, wed, We'll make it awkward, just going it's daughter yet, make it awkward.
Speaker 5: Just go with it good. How those guys are the best?
Speaker 2: It's great.
Speaker 10: I love it. It's not a good hook.
Speaker 5: Kevin can sing Man is so great. Those guys are the best. To unpack a lot to unpack there.
Speaker 9: Maybe maybe I just I got to think about the choices I've made. I'm not sure I want to be associated with this industry anymore.
Speaker 6: Well, you're worried about saying Amelia's holding up, Imagine saying Daddy's enjoying this. That's just it.
Speaker 9: He is such a seasoned vet that I can't fathom him knowing what you are all capable of, that he would ever let those words come out of his mouth over the years. Trust me, I'm a listener. I'm I'm an old school rube of this place.
Speaker 6: Black Swan was a really good movie, But I can never not hear the name black Swong and not not think of Rosie like it's it's not I don't even remember the movie now, I just remember the bit every time somebody mentions that movie.
Speaker 5: Well, and the SoundBite itself.
Speaker 9: I mean, you must have almost universal applications.
Speaker 5: He enjoying this, Yeah, he's enjoying them, right? God, Yeah, that was the exact movies.
Speaker 10: Have you guys, have you seen Odyssey?
Speaker 6: Almost everybody yet.
Speaker 5: I have not love it.
Speaker 4: Love it. I've not seen it.
Speaker 5: Oh so you see it twice? Love it?
Speaker 10: Do you have, you know, desire to see it?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Oak said, will you see it?
Speaker 10: Oh, well, you see it?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I think it's somebody something you definitely have to see in the theater. But I thought it was really well done. I don't listen to the hype. I'm kind of like curious about it. It was good, you know.
Speaker 3: Oak told me after he saw it, he said, it's a three thousand year old story, but it's holding up.
Speaker 5: Well, brilliant.
Speaker 4: After you walked out of the theater, and he said.
Speaker 5: Daddy was do you know what Daddy did enjoy recently? Is I went to see the.
Speaker 9: Concert film directed by James Cameron Billy Eilish hit me hard and hit me so off to it. Yeah, it was, I want to say, the greatest concert film I've ever seen in my life.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it.
Speaker 9: Is top three for sure, but it might be the greatest I've ever seen because you see it in three D. We saw it on the Imax in three D, and the of course, because it's James Cameron. Everything's got to be state of the art and immersive. I've seen a lot of concert films and a lot of it where they're doing it from up on stage. You have never felt more like you are Billie Eilish's shadow through a ninety minute amazing concert experience, that fandom you were talking about with Megan Maroney of just everybody, eyes locked, singing along every single word. The crowd shots were incredible and deep three D when you're up on stage with her, the very few. There just a handful of very brief interview segments throughout the movie that were insightful, and I just I've always liked her. I love the model, the role model that she provides for women of a certain age, and the songs are fantastic. I just I absolutely loved it.
Speaker 5: She is the best of that generation and does not even close. I don't agreement.
Speaker 6: Was at that show and we all have kids of varying age yep, various ages. But I will say, like, when you are a parent and your kids are introducing you to their music, yep, it's al easy to be like.
Speaker 5: I don't get it. That's not for me.
Speaker 6: I don't get it. That's not for me. I don't get it. That's not for me. And then she comes around and you're like, I totally get it. She's unbelievable. That concert was one of the best shows I've ever seen. Yea, And I'm convinced she would have been a giant star in the fifties, the eighties, the two thousands.
Speaker 5: She just has like transcendent talent.
Speaker 9: She's the best, and she and her attitude's in the right place and the way that she does it, the level of success she's had her showmanships, show personship, I don't know what the right term is anyway, her show womanship really doesn't roll off the tongue very well.
Speaker 5: Sorry, sorry, it is my gender inconvenient for you.
Speaker 7: This is a a show that is in theaters.
Speaker 5: It was in theaters about two months ago. Yeah, it was. It's a it's a contract.
Speaker 4: Have you seen it, Corey?
Speaker 5: No, No, you did not.
Speaker 6: Concert, But no, I'm sure my girls will watch it. But we did not go to the theater, so it would be cool to watch it home.
Speaker 9: But I'm telling you what, the three D experience and the epic thing, I've never felt more like I was in the venue and the way they have the cameras following her around on the stage, and she's a very dynamic performer. She is covering every part of that stage. But then whenever they do the far away shots, you never see any cameras on the stage, even.
Speaker 5: Though they're moving with her. It was.
Speaker 9: It was remarkable in every regard and if it comes back to theaters, I cannot recommend it highly enough.
Speaker 6: Okay, she can rock, she can do pop, all can break your heart with like the Barbie song.
Speaker 5: She can do it all. Yep.
Speaker 4: It's very talented.
Speaker 5: Yeah's amazing. She's holding up pretty well. Billy Eilash is like age twenty far.
Speaker 2: That's will be the State Fair two show. Though you know that.
Speaker 5: She's holding up.
Speaker 6: John Bonus is here, tenneb is here, everybody's here. We're playing Initials in like fifteen minutes. One hundred and twenty thousand, five hundred dollars also potentially up for drabs with the Saint Paul Federal Credit Union Initials, Jackpop quarter final number four in a couple of minutes, but Fan five next poutre Money show fan
Speaker 4: Fan from the one eight hundred ask Gary Traffic Center