Speaker 1: On Katy w B Happy Friday Morning. Bailey's not here today. She's doing her annual twenty mile charity walk where she loves to walk. She like walks every day, but this time she's like raised a little money for like a theater group, fringe theater something local theaters. So she's off today and she's starting to walk a little bit later. You can follow the progress of this at Bailey on air.
Speaker 2: She does like a full rundown of everything that's going on, like how much she's sweating or not sweating, what kind of fun creature she's passed, if there's something on the trail. And then she goes and has one solid beer and goes home.
Speaker 1: And then goes home so talks to a brewery. Fo why not follow her later? I got a big day. I'm going to see Paul McCartney tonight at us Bank Stadium.
Speaker 2: And she just made me realize that my plans are ruined. Why because of you and everyone who likes Paul McCartney. I was planning on getting dinner downtown tonight with some girlfriends, but I did not realize that it was the Paul McCartney concert tonight.
Speaker 1: So that is yeah, we thought about getting dinner first. We're going to go over to the Hoyts for dinner, and I think we tried to make a reservation and they were full. So I said, you know what, we don't need dinner. We'll get something to eat at the at the stadium, or we'll eat before we go. I said, you know what, that's enough excitement for one night is the Paul McCartney concert. I don't need to go to a like a dinner at Hoyts or Balluto or somewhere. We saw him in Boston about three ish years ago, and it's funny. My favorite story about this is when he came to Target Field ten ish years or so ago. We said, it's Paul McCartney. Let's bust open the piggy bank and get front row tickets. We were in the front row, but we were so far off to the right side that it really was technically front row up against the chain link fence. But he was so far over to our left that we had to crane our next to see him. In the meantime, Tina used to work on the show. She bought eighty four dollars tickets up in the like the third deck, and then Paul McCartney's people goes up in the third deck to find energetic, attractive young people to put in the front ten rows for Paul McCartney, because Paul McCartney wants people that stand up and dance and sing along, not a bunch of old farts who sit there with their hands folded on their lap. And that's usually what front rows are at concerts, rich old people that are too burned out and jaded to get up and dance, which is crazy. So yeah, and so Paul doesn't want those people in the front row. So Tina and her friends get to sit in like the fourth row after spending eighty four dollars on tickets, yeah, with a direct views. Yeah. And so I'm like, I spent many many times more than that to get in the front rows. So then you said arms crossed, like you know, I know, you know what I should have, but I did not at at Paul McCarty. It's a beatle. He's a beatle and there's only there's only two of them left, and he was one of the main beatles. Anyway, let's get you another concert in law Angele's Sabrina Carpenter get a keyword for you to use on the talkback feature on the iHeartRadio app. Open that up and just say the keyword is busy, and that's really all get to do. The keyword is busy, and then you are set to go. We do this every thirty minutes on Katie WB. Each time you do this, get you another entry into a drawing for a trip to LA with your friend, hotel and take us to Sabrina Carpenter show coming up. I want to say in December, it doesn't matter, we'll figure it out. You'll move things around. If you've got like a kid's birthday party that day in the neighborhood, you can probably not go, So we'll get to get that worked out for you. The keyword is busy. Would you date yourself? Why wouldn't you date yourself? We were talking about this the other day. It's like I told Jenny, I said, I'm quite a catch, and you said, I think you differed with me a little bit.
Speaker 3: Well, no, not necessarily that.
Speaker 2: I think we were just kind of having discussion of like what quality is about ourselves? Would we not fully enjoy enough to not date ourselves? But I think you and I both agreed that we would each date ourselves, like I would date myself, You would date yourself, Yeah, but there's got to be something about us that we would see as like, Eh, I wouldn't really like that.
Speaker 1: Mine is I'd probably like to stay home a little bit too much. I'm a little bit of a homebody. Yeah, And if I dated a homebody, that was okay with that. But if she was like wanted to go out, like let's go to the lookout and dance, I'd be like, you go to the lookout and dance. I'm staying home and watching documentaries on Netflix. At least it really with yourself. Yeah, what about you, Jenny? Why would you not date yourself?
Speaker 2: So I think for me, it's the fact that I am like independent to a fault, and so I think I would get mixed signals as someone dating me because it's like, I don't want to hang out with you all the time. I'm not going to text you constantly because I just don't need to. So I think that someone dating me might think like, oh, she's not that interested or is she dating someone else? But really it's just like, nah, I'm just at home doing a project and I don't feel like talking to anyone, and I don't want to like hangout, so I think that would be it. Whereas I would take that as if I was dating someone and be like, oh, they don't.
Speaker 1: Like me, they like, yeah, they want to hang out. Okay, Von, why would you not date yourself?
Speaker 4: I think because I'm too insecure isn't the word, but like I need constant reassurance, which is weird because I think I'm a great lover in the sense that I can always reassure Alyssa, my girlfriend, that she's doing good and that you know, whether it's about her or us. But I just don't feel like I can give that to myself, if that makes because I'm hard on myself.
Speaker 1: It's just so weird about So you're too insecure about my own self? You would need constant reassurance that you're like good enough, smart enough, not need it, but like I'd very much appreciate it.
Speaker 2: What reassurance that you that your partner likes you, or that just in everything and everything?
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, that's exhausting.
Speaker 4: Yeah much, But I can do I can give that to my girlfriend Alyssa great, she makes it easy, but I don't know that i'd be able to do it for myself.
Speaker 1: I think one thing about me is I'm drama free. I don't like any kind of drama or like, why did you say that? I'm like, just chip, calm down. I think that I'm really good at telling women to calm down, and they really appreciate that, because when a man tells a woman to calm down, she goes, oh, I didn't realize I needed to calm down, Thank you sir.
Speaker 3: And then in your sleep we stand over you with a knife.
Speaker 1: Yes, I know? Why is that? Why that is? Why would you not date yourself? I'm just curious. All right, We'll be back in a second, one hour commercial free. We're gonna have a boo batch tickets. We're gonna play a little game called HR Violation or Not, and then we got no phone screener Friday. A lot of stuff coming up next on kdubub on The Dave Ryan Show. Plus you can watch it on YouTube Dave Ryan TV. Just search Dave Ryan TV and check out War the Roses on TikTok. Just search and just go to Dave Ryan Show on TikTok and you can see the videos behind War of the Rose can'ty Friday, It's kd WB. Hope you had a good, good plans for the web About big plans for the weekend, even if your plan is to do nothing but sit around and watch college football in your underpants.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have big plans on Sunday if you want to come hang out with me, because I'm going to be at Mystic Lake at the Hop House. I'm hosted on a Vikings watch party the games at noon they play the Eagles, and I'm going to be giving away a bunch of like Vikings prize packs with some merchant stuff and then Boo Bash tickets. So Boo Bash is also happening at Mystic. So come hang out with me. I'll be their Sunday games at noon.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean wow, we got a lot of stuff going on. You do a new thing fun this weekend. Tonight I'm going to probably go to jack O.
Speaker 4: Lander Spectacular, which is I think it puts a light show right at Minnesota Zoo.
Speaker 1: It's a big light show trying to get into. And then I haven't talked about this.
Speaker 4: My girlfriend Alyssa is nominated for an Emmy for she works at Carol Livin for directing a broadcast.
Speaker 1: So tomorrow is that that's wait, tomorrow is what the Emmy Awards? Oh are you going to the Emmy ceremony?
Speaker 4: And funny enough, I'm almost positive it's at Mystic Lake tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Oh really so yeah, that's tomorrow night.
Speaker 4: I've just been so proud of her for all the hard work and everyone at Caro Levin is doing so.
Speaker 1: That is really cool. I'm going to Paul McCartney tonight, and I'm going to Colorado tomorrow early morning to just kind of hang out. I always have the dilemma whether to like see my sisters because I love them, but at the same time, it's it's an ordeal, you know, because Donna doesn't.
Speaker 3: Pay for everything.
Speaker 1: I pay for everything. They don't have two dimes to rub together, so I pay for everything. My sister Sharon's birthday is Tuesday, and we're not super close. But at the same time, you know, you got to stay in touch with your siblings. And Donna doesn't drive, so I have to drive all the way across town, pick up Donna, and then I get a driver all the way back home. I don't know as far as going for dinner, where do you think we're going?
Speaker 2: I forget I know that it's something sane restaurant, is it Crocker Barrel?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No, come on, you know where we go. It's where everybody goes with their red lobster, red lobster. It's the family favorite. It has been ever since I was a kid. It used to be fine dining practically, used to be like dark with candle lights and a grand piano player in the corner, and now it's like a zoo in there. Well there's actual lobsters. I thought that's what made it boogie back in the day. Yeah, they have a lobster take out front. I just don't like they still, I think so. I think so. Anyway, I don't know. We'll see what happens. A little game here, because we love games on KWB and this is like a little just a little feature called HR violation or not. So we are talking about like I was tickling vont yesterday because you know it's adorable and Gucci Guccio, and I'm like, I guess I better stop that because that could be an HR violation very much.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we've got John on the phone, who was an HR like a senior HR director something like that.
Speaker 5: John, Yeah, we'll call it that and at at.
Speaker 1: At a large tech company that we've all heard of, but we won't say what it is, Okay, John, First of all, to get to know you a little bit, you were referenced by Tony who was on the show here and you and Tony is like, he's like the he's funnier than any of us on the show.
Speaker 3: We don't have him on too oftener we not have jobs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I'm surprised Tony still has a job.
Speaker 3: You're his HR manager, aren't you.
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I oh, okay, all right, Tony's in there every day. It's like, what I just took my pants off. That's all I That's all I did. All right, John, I'm I'm gonna run some scenarios by you, because you know, people will come to you once in a while and be like, hey, John, I have a problem with you know, Maggie over an accounting and Maggie keeps, you know, like I don't know, smoking crack on the job, and I'm not happy with that one. So so let's start off with a mild one here, HR violation or not. Let's say you work with somebody who wears way too much colone and you can't walk into their studio, I mean their office without being just belted in the nose with the with you know whatever colonne they're wearing. Is that something that I can come to you to do anything about font I mean.
Speaker 5: John, Okay, So surprisingly this one is pretty typical. The short answer is no, this one's not going to be a PAUL violated. Your company could have a hygiene standard clause in it, so that's definitely something to look into. But what we are going to do is we're gonna get von some help.
Speaker 1: Oh, I didn't name anybody. I didn't name anybody is hypothetical.
Speaker 5: Hypothetical absolutely, so we can change the name to Laura. But we're gonna get Laura some help here because we don't need ten sprays. We probably don't even need five. We are going to Laura down with Laura and share some feedback to see if we can find a better way forward with maybe one or two sprays. But at the end of the day, it's probably not going to be a policy violation, not an HR violation.
Speaker 1: Jenny, give John, he's an HR director. Is this an HR violation?
Speaker 3: All right? John, Well, I'm gonna name names.
Speaker 2: Dave brought his lovely dog Bernie into the studio because we were doing some bit with Bernie one day and when Bernie was hanging out, he pooped, and Dave all of a sudden just like looked away and pretended like he didn't see that his dog just took a big, huge, smelly dump in the studio and was hoping someone else would clean it up.
Speaker 3: Is that an HR violation?
Speaker 5: This is a problem. You know, bringing bringing your dog to the office is highly encouraged, at least where I come from. I will say bathroom breaks are covered by federal laws, so Osha state law. That good stuff, you know, very important that we're using our bathroom time now for a dog and not cleaning it up. Yeah, this is this is significant. I'm gonna say, probably a final written warning when we're talking about a violation.
Speaker 1: Okay, by the way, totally fictionalize story that never ever happened yet, at least right, John, tell me if this is an HR violation or not.
Speaker 4: If I tell Jenny because I was trying to find extra side cash. If I tell Jenny that I have a job for her, but then we go downstairs for said job and three guys throw up blankets over our head and tell us to get in a van.
Speaker 1: Is that an HR violation or not?
Speaker 5: Is it an HR violation to kidnap them?
Speaker 4: Well, I'm potato, potato, Yeah, I'm I'm sending her on a job.
Speaker 1: We're both getting in the van. I'm trying to help her out.
Speaker 5: Honestly. From an HR policy, you're probably clear here, but I would expect to call from the FBI.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, all right, HR violation or not. And this actually came to mind a few years ago during a meeting. I was sitting next to a woman and she had very beautiful hands, and I almost said to her, you have really pretty hands, And then I thought, I don't want this to turn into anything. So if I was next to a woman in a meeting here at iHeartRadio and I said, you have very pretty hands, would that be an HR violation?
Speaker 5: It is okay to compliment people in the workplace, but this is one with a very fine line. I would suggest that we're going to err on the side of caution here and keep any comments about people's appearance to ourselves. But at the end of the day, who doesn't love a nice little compliment as long as you're not pushing that too far and not. The key I think you understand this is if they say don't do that or stop, we're all in agreement that that's where we're gonna.
Speaker 1: Okay, if they express a displeasure with that video, So.
Speaker 4: Dave's doing it for a compliment. What if I'm doing this out of caution and I tell them that is cleavage is showing? Is that HR violation or not?
Speaker 5: Well, I think you've got to be careful there too, on the terminology you use. But as I said with von Or, I mean, Laura, you know this has helped people, helping people.
Speaker 1: Right, I'm trying to encourage him to put the cleavage away. What if out of it like this is a funny joke that I do because I'm a funny guy. You know this. We're talking to an HR director and I tell Jenny as a funny guy, I say something like, hey, where are you going, you big fat bitch? And that what is it? Pattle bet? And I do that as a funny joke. Is that an HR violation? Not all hypothetical?
Speaker 5: By the way, Well, it's interesting because if you're making a comment about that towards the conditions in your workplace, towards the manager. You'd actually surprised how many things you're protected for there, but that would be crossed.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's funny because that was actually on my list of questions there, So I'm glad you covered that one, Dave. All right, I have another one, so you know, iHeartRadio here. We don't have a big budget, so we're pretty low on pens pretty often, and Bailey always steals my pens and when I ask for it back, she's like, no, this one's mine. Is that an HR violation or not? That she's always taking my pen and then I do not have a utensil.
Speaker 3: To write with.
Speaker 5: Well, hopefully your workplace has a comprehensive investigation procedure, because stealing pens is you know, a significant workplace problem. No, I think this one's probably going to be a you know, conversation around respecting people's privacy. So if it is an HR violation, it's not going to be a significant one. But again, stealing not cool.
Speaker 1: Stealing not cool.
Speaker 2: We got it.
Speaker 1: I'll give you one more.
Speaker 4: If I invite everybody except one person in this office to my holiday party, but just because I don't know their name, is that an HR violation or not?
Speaker 5: You're a horrible person, but it is not a yeah.
Speaker 1: Way to leave her out, everybody, well, way to sugarcoat it. You're a horrible I just don't know their name.
Speaker 3: You don't remember Bailey's name.
Speaker 1: It's Bailey.
Speaker 5: You could always ask too.
Speaker 1: That's too much work, John, Thank you for all you do. We appreciate you, and I think we've all learned something here on HR violation or not one squirt, we'll do it. Jinny, you're a fat old bitch. So thank you John, Thanks don thank you John. All Right, in a couple of minutes here, we're gonna get your boo bashed tickets on KATWB. But right now we're gonna do Vaunce feel Good Friday on kt WB. Just a little something, some good news because Vince usually stirned the pot and he's a nice young man, this time bringing you some good news. Apparently I'm a horrible person.
Speaker 4: I love this story from my home state, New Jersey, and eighty year old grandma became the oldest person to finish what they call the Ironman World Championship in Hawaii.
Speaker 3: Cool.
Speaker 4: So it's a two point four miles swim if you've never heard of it, A one hundred and twelve mile bike ride and then a full last marathon.
Speaker 1: Her name is Natalie.
Speaker 4: She finished it in sixteen hours and forty five minutes. If you look her up or look up Ironman World Championship, there's video of her. It looks like she's on What's the show Wipeout, Oh cooll American Ninja Warrior doing everything.
Speaker 1: And the craziest part is that two things.
Speaker 4: One, she didn't learn how to swim until she was fifty nine and she's now eighty. So if you ever think that you can't do it Bailey, because Bailey can't swim, there's still time and the cutoff to beat the to do the championship a seventeen hours, so she was just short of fifteen minutes.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, that is so amazing.
Speaker 2: I met someone at a triathlon I did, and she didn't start doing Ironman until she was like fifty I think, and she was I think in her upper sixties at that point.
Speaker 3: So good for you, man, I mean.
Speaker 2: You could like you could be a couch potato your whole life, and then all of a sudden, one day at fifty, you're like, I'm gonna go do an iron Man well.
Speaker 4: I'm not an athlete. I'd never heard of the iron Man World. I mean, that's probably why, But I didn't know that I can go do the iron Man. I don't know there was a thing, David, you heard of it?
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, I've heard of it.
Speaker 2: Sure, Yeah, iron Man's. There's lots of iron Man's all right. Yeah, there's like a different a lot of different ones. But that is one thing that I would never.
Speaker 3: I can't. I could never. I would die, that is serie. How long was the run? Did they say it's a full marathon?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's a full marathon, two and a half miles, swim and then a bike ride two one hundred and twelve mile bike ride. Yeah. Yes, she wasn't the winner of the whole thing. The winner was, of course.
Speaker 4: I'm twenty six year old, but she was the oldest person to finish it, which is phenomenal.
Speaker 1: I'd rather hold that record, to be honest.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's amazing.
Speaker 1: You're never too old until you are. Now. Remember that you're never too old until you are, because one day you will be too old. But right now, you're fine. She'll go do it for now before you are too old. All right, let's get into the dirt right ahead of no Phone Screen or Friday Ryan Show one on one point three kd WB. I'll handle this story each time in the dirt because I'm probably one of the few people on the show who really care that much. Ace Freeley was the lead guitar player for Kiss. He was one of the founding members and they would break up and they'd get back together. And the first concert that I ever saw was Kiss, and I was seventeen years old and a little chicken farm boy from the Sticks in Colorado. It blew my mind. Ah Freeley was seventy four years old. He fell and hit his head a couple of weeks ago and he never recovered and then they put him he had a brain bleed. They put him on life support and it didn't look like he was recovered. So it's seventy four years old. Sadly, they took him off life support and Ace Freeley rip.
Speaker 2: So Taylor Swift is kind of in some hot water right now because of a necklace she had put out that has now been pulled. Basically, she was selling an opal lighte necklace, which is one of her new songs on her new album, and a lot of people said that the chain had these series of lightning bolts that they thought resembled Hitler's SS Death Squad. So very quickly her PR team got in there and was like, yeah, we're going to take this off. But this isn't the first time that she's been not so buttoned up. Back in twenty twenty four, she seemingly ignored the legendary Celine Dion and accepting the Album of the Year Grammy, and that summer, she waited nearly two weeks before addressing the cancelation of her Vienna, Austria concerts due to some terrorism concerns. So there's been some other times where she's gotten in a little bit of trouble. But yeah, I mean I looked at the next the lightning bolts. It's not like two lightning bolts next to each other. It's they're like one on the chain. But then if you put the chain close together, then yeah, it looks a little bit weird. I think, in my opinion, I think it's exaggerated and I.
Speaker 1: Think it's absolutely ridiculous. It is a harmless necklace where you're taking something from nature that have been around for years and making something that you're offended by So it's just I don't even get it. It's just silly.
Speaker 4: White Boy of the Year Timothy shallow May Woo, he's just won. Last night, Anthony Edwards from the Minnesota Timberwolves. He did some weird online award show and the competitors for White Boy of the Year were Adam Sandler, Tom Cruise, Pat McAfee, Mister Beast, and Timothy shallow May. And I do think Timothy Shalla May has earned that title.
Speaker 3: I think he deserved it too.
Speaker 2: When I saw the top five, I thought that he definitely deserved it. But I watched like the videos of him earning it. He's often like Budapest filming a movie or something right now, and they like zoom called him to give a the hotter and stuff. And I'll read what he wrote on his Instagram after he won.
Speaker 1: He says, please, you can.
Speaker 2: Get lost in the sauce, but without sauce you are lost. That being said, I promise to cherish this award and do good, inspiring generations of white boys to come to be entirely delusional about their identity in place within the world.
Speaker 3: So he was really funny about it.
Speaker 4: I think all the contestants Adam Sandler, Pat McAfee to Tom Cruise and missed a Beast. I think they were decent because they all had good things going on this year. But come on, he's shollow me. Yeah, you know it makes sense.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're gonna do no phone screen or Friday coming up in a few minutes. You want to start calling in, you can call now six five to one nine eight nine KD double ub get you on the radio to talk about whatever you want. And we're going back to rules because last week we did no rules. So the rules are you got to be at least sixteen years old. You cannot plug your event or you can't plug your You can't do a shout out because we'll do shout outs another time. Clearly, you can't swear. We suggest you have a plan because a lot of people are like surprised they get on the radio. They're like, oh, didn't expect you to answer. But other than that, is there any of the rules that I'm missing here? I don't think so said sixteen and older. Yeah, obviously don't curse. No, I think that's everything.
Speaker 4: And then if you break any of those rules, we do have a special sound effects for you, and right after that you'll be immediately booted off the phone into the depths of Cottage Grove.
Speaker 2: We have a keyword quick that will give you for Sabrina Carpenter as well. So we've been doing this for a little bit. You probably know how it goes. But if you go to the talkback feature on the iHeartRadio app, you just need to speak into the little red microphone. The keyword is tears this time, and you're entered in for a trip to four two to see Sabrina Carpenter in La. So get in there, get on the talkback feature and say tears.
Speaker 1: The keyword is tears, and that's really all you need to do. Quick shout out happy birthday Hunter on Sunday from your mama. And also there is another one. Can I get a shout out for Rito Burrito on his first birthday? That's what they said, and so there's your shout. There's just a messenger. Let's get into no phone Screener Friday on Katie WB we'll start answering the phones right now. We just keep ringing because we don't pick them up in advance. When we pick you up, you are live on the radio. So let it ring ring, ring, and we'll get started right now on no phone screen or Friday and see how it goes. Hello, you're on the radio. What's your name?
Speaker 5: My name is Megan.
Speaker 1: Hi, Megan, what's up?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 6: So here's a hill that I will die on.
Speaker 5: When you're boarding a plane and when you're getting off a plane, it shouldn't be front to back. It's back front.
Speaker 1: Okay, Do I get that? Because the back should be filled first and then there's less congestion in the aisle. They actually used to do that, Megan, in the flight industry, and it turned out that it didn't work. And I don't know why it didn't work, but it didn't work.
Speaker 6: Okay, darn, Okay, well, no darn.
Speaker 1: They used to be they will said. They used to say, you can hear the announcements if you're probably over forty years old. They would say something like, uh, we'll start bar boarding the rear of the aircraft first, because it makes sense because if you board the front, then all the people in the back can't get to the back. But for whatever reason, people are just dumb when it comes to getting on an airplane and they're putting, here's what my hill that you should die. I'm going to die on Do not put your computer bag or your backpack in the overhead, you dumb ass. Yeah, put it underneath the seat in front of you.
Speaker 2: All right, Dave Bryan's gonna come in, grab your computer bag and be like, who is it.
Speaker 1: I've been known to do that.
Speaker 3: Let's put this under your seat.
Speaker 1: I've been known to do that.
Speaker 4: Don't put it in the overhead, but also don't put it in the baggage, the check bag, like anything valuable to you.
Speaker 1: Keep it on you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would agree with that.
Speaker 1: No phone screen for Friday. You're up next? What is your name?
Speaker 5: Hey, I'm calling from northern Wisconsin.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Zach. What's on your mind?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 5: So I just turned twenty nine a couple of days ago, wondering if you.
Speaker 6: Guys have any tips or words of wisdom to enjoy the last year of my twenties.
Speaker 1: Them of thirty stretch. Stretch.
Speaker 3: Come on, you're twenty four and.
Speaker 1: I need to start now.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think that when you turn thirty, you're going to realize that it's just yet another year. However, I don't know, go a little wild, go a little crazy. We had a funeral from my twenties when I turned thirty, did you here on the radio?
Speaker 3: We did? You were on vacation.
Speaker 2: You guys all died like a speech and you even like sent one in recorded.
Speaker 3: So maybe that would be fun.
Speaker 2: You could have a little funeral for your twenties to celebrate your thirtieth.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Cool, Yeah, I would try to get your body count up to thirty to celebrate your thirtieth birthday. And that's just an idea, Zach. You don't know what it's at yet.
Speaker 3: Don't wait beyond.
Speaker 1: That it might be Okay, good luck and and happy birthday, Katie. You beat no phone screen or Friday? What's your name? J Jen? What's up?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 7: I'm a nurse inductor and I just wanted to tell people to stop doing photok the slippillar at home and ciy is super scary. And then when you come to us to pay something, we're not going to do it for you because you already rested up yourself.
Speaker 1: So so I can understand this. Can you order this stuff and then inject it yourself? Or you talking about your friend Lisa does it at home and you're are you talking about what? When you say di, I Y, what do you mean people.
Speaker 7: Are ordering it from Korea not even knowing what they're scenes and instructing.
Speaker 3: That's help.
Speaker 1: Okay. So then they try to do a fat filler or a wrinkle remover or whatever, and then they inject the like something into their face and then they come to you with something that looks like a big knot on their head. Lord. Yeah, okay, that's some good advice. Don't do it yourself.
Speaker 7: Do that?
Speaker 1: Okay? No phone screen or Friday on KTWB. What's your name?
Speaker 6: My name is Kimberly.
Speaker 1: What's up, Kimberly.
Speaker 6: I'm a vetchech and I just wanted to make sure everybody was aware that it's Beteck Appreciation Week. Yeah, got out to your vestine.
Speaker 1: I so appreciate vets and vet text because they you know, you love your pets and you go in and they can't speak for themselves. You get to speak for them, and you vet text are just always like most of them, and you probably get tired of fussing over everybody's pet, but you always make and I say you is in general, you always make my pet feel special, even though you're probably tired and cranky. You want to go home and drink a bottle of Lambrusco.
Speaker 6: You know, Oh my gosh, I appreciate it. Yeah, especially because, like the vet text, we're technically like the nurses of the clinic, and I feel like we don't get the appreciation that like that We deserve too, because we do a lot, but I feel like people don't realize.
Speaker 1: So well, we realize that and thank you very much. All Right, it is katiewb. No phone screen your Friday? What's your name? Hi?
Speaker 5: David? Jeff?
Speaker 6: How are you doing?
Speaker 1: Hey Jeff, I'm doing well. What about you good?
Speaker 5: Can I do a Miley Cyrus montage?
Speaker 1: Okay, didn't expect this, but you know what, you never know what's going to happen. Let's do it, Jeff.
Speaker 6: I can see that dream on dream and there's the voice inside my head says you'll never reach it.
Speaker 1: What the hell's going on here?
Speaker 5: I can't like the reck bar.
Speaker 1: This is I love this, This is why.
Speaker 6: And I want to party in the US.
Speaker 1: This is why radio stations screen their phone calls. I want to take a minute off stop and we won't up.
Speaker 5: Okay, get the best the world, mix it up together.
Speaker 6: Uh huh, you know you get the best of both worlds.
Speaker 1: People ask us go ahead, can I Jeff? That was wonderful, totally unexpected. I'm not sure what you're on, but I want to listen. Really, Joe, Jeff, are you still there?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Listen close Jeff and see if it sounds like I'm hanging up. Okay, just listen and see does it? Did it sound like I did it? Sound like I did it? My favorite segment is this this every.
Speaker 4: Week no Phone's going a Friday, because people wait all week and then wait weeks to do these things and then, by chance hope that they still get through when we do it.
Speaker 1: Jeff, I love you for doing that. Thank you. The best call will get all day, no phone, screen or Friday. Hi. What's your name?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 1: What's up? Angie?
Speaker 6: I was wondering, do you guys have a funny first date story that you can remember?
Speaker 3: I have that kind of weird one. Okay, Okay.
Speaker 2: So I'm out to dinner with somebody and at the time, I was actually interning on the morning show and this guy and I are having conversation. He's very engaged in the conversation, but as I'm talking about morning show stuff, he whips out a tiny little notepad he had in his pocket and starts taking notes about what I was saying, and he's like, I hope you don't mind. I'm just like, this is really interesting to me, and so he starts taking notes, and then he wanted to give me a ride on his motorcycle. So we walked the two blocks to his motorcycle, even though I lived across the street from the restaurant, so he could take me on a little ride. And I did not die. So that's the good news of all of this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't have anything that tops that. I fell asleep one time during that, but we were we rented Purple Rain to watch it, and I fell asleep on our first date, and she was very pissed because she couldn't wait for me to see Purple Rain. So they're terrible. No phone screener, Friday, you're up next. What's your name? It's jer what's up?
Speaker 5: Teacher?
Speaker 1: Nightmare? Okay, okay, you got We're ready. I'm a teacher And I woke up screaming last night because man, this night's.
Speaker 7: Be the third night in a row.
Speaker 6: That I've had a dream that my class is trying to kill me.
Speaker 1: Oh no, what grade do you teach eighth grade, ninth grade. They're very hellish, and they are they're hellish, and they're unpredictable.
Speaker 4: I was the substitute teacher for literally like a month, and I did a lot of kindergarten classes, which was fine. They're just very needy obviously becuse they're so young. So I was like, let me switch it up and I went to ninth grade. Gosh, I would rather do anything.
Speaker 3: Else, Juniper.
Speaker 2: It sounds like you're means that you're feeling overwhelmed and stressed by your teaching responsibilities, or it could be a manifestation of a fear of failing at your job.
Speaker 3: One of the two. Do you feel like that fits?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, yeah, yeah, Okay, well gosh, I hope you have bet our dreams tonight.
Speaker 1: The thing is, I will tell you we all have dreams about work. I'm gonna guess if you're an architect or a dentist, or you like you know, you work on solar panels, you probably everybody we have dreams that here that like, I have a dream last night that a bit is just not going well and it's getting worse and worse and worse. You can't stop it and I just go and then I finally decide I'm just gonna wake up because this bit is not getting any better. All right, this bit is doing I think it's doing. Okay, no posting on Friday. You're up next? What's your name?
Speaker 5: Bye?
Speaker 2: I'm Abby?
Speaker 1: Bye? Abby? What's up?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 2: If you guys were characters from the movie Inside Out, what emotions would you guys be?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: So do you want do you know which ones there are? Do you want to listen to? Because Dave hasn't seen the movie?
Speaker 5: Okay, there's like, let's see here, joy, anxiety, like anger.
Speaker 3: Sadness, envy, disgusted, which means you're just like.
Speaker 6: Cool, random one you could just lift off.
Speaker 3: That's just you.
Speaker 1: Is there a flabbergasted one? Because I'm motion time flabbergasted.
Speaker 3: There's a disgust one? Why not?
Speaker 1: I'm not disgusted flabbergasted, which it means I'm surprised at everything that I see going around me and I can't understand it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a good one for right now.
Speaker 1: Flabergasted.
Speaker 2: Mine would definitely be anxiety.
Speaker 4: I think I'm with you, either that or fear. Just I'm such an overthinker.
Speaker 3: What would yours be?
Speaker 5: Probably anxiety?
Speaker 3: Yeah, anxiety.
Speaker 1: Try being flabbergasted.
Speaker 5: It's a lot more fun, right I bet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you just look around and you go, what in the is going on here? No phone screen for Friday? Hello? What's your name?
Speaker 3: Hello?
Speaker 1: Hi Suzanne? What's up?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 7: So I I'm a grandma. I don't know if I've shared that before, but I'm a grandma and I love every minute of it. And last weekend was my youngest granddaughter's first birthday, so I got the lucky honor of being passed with getting all of the cupcakes and everything, and we did a really fun Smores cupcake and an Apple cider cupcake, and it got me to thinking about favorite cakes, and so I wanted to know what are your favorite kinds?
Speaker 1: I love? This is so random? Yeah, okay, I would say probably like a German chocolate cake or no, change my mind, carrot cake. Final answer? What is German chocolate like? Rich dark chocolate?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, but I'm changing my mind carrot cake.
Speaker 2: My favorite is an ice cream cake, hands down, love an ice cream cake. For my birthday, my girlfriend Alyssa made me. It's a Max and Ruby cake. Have you've ever seen the show.
Speaker 4: Half of its strawberry and is decorated all nice, and then the other half the kid made its chocolate, but it has like worms and strawberries on it.
Speaker 1: So half chocolate, half strawberry. Okay, what about you, Susanne.
Speaker 2: Mine?
Speaker 7: You know, there's nothing wrong with a good consetti cake. But yeah, I like this spice cake or like a carrot cake. I'm kind of with you on that one.
Speaker 5: Name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, spice carrot cake delicious. Thank you, Suzanne, You're welcomey bye. All right, let's do a couple of more. No phone screener Friday. What's your name?
Speaker 5: Stacey?
Speaker 1: What's up Stacey?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 6: I just wanted to give a We went to Boo Bash last year, my wife and I and we had the best best time ever, So we appreciate all that you.
Speaker 1: Guys, I remember you and your wife. You two got into a fight with a bouncer and you hit the bouncer upside the head with an eighteen hundred tequila bottle? Was that you?
Speaker 5: That's how do you know?
Speaker 1: I remember? No, are you going to Boo Bash this year?
Speaker 5: We haven't won yet?
Speaker 1: Well you just won. You won. I'm gonna get your tickets right now. Okay, I'm gonna get you and your wife.
Speaker 2: You're the only one because now a bunch of people are gonna start calling and think that they get tickets. You're the only one for no phones going to Friday. We got a that we're giving away in like twenty minutes.
Speaker 1: Minutes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that is amazing.
Speaker 6: I appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Guys, We appreciate you. Stay on hold, and that's going to wrap it up for no phone screen or Friday on KD WUB. So yeah, we're gonna give away Boo Bash tickets coming up in a little bit. But right now, we got something really cool. There's a new place in town. It's called It's there's a name for it. But the sport is called foling, which is a combination of football and bowling. And it's just like a dumb fun acts throwing kind of an area of like let's go and have some fun. Yeah, and it's like drinks and food and you foling.
Speaker 2: Foling Warehouse in Minneapolis is over in the North Slope and we have a bunch of stuff to give away for it. But we are going to be playing a very very stupid game.
Speaker 1: This is not stupid at all, right, I came up with this. This is my game.
Speaker 3: I came up with this game original.
Speaker 1: I came up. Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: But we're not going to tell you what that game is until you get on the phone. And we need a few people on the phone for this because we have a few packs of to give away for it.
Speaker 1: Okay, what do you win? If you win this folding, which a combination of football and bowling foling, you throw the football at the pins and you knock them down. In the meantime, you go have a beer and some nachos, So.
Speaker 2: You went a free lane for up to ten people for two hours. There's food, drinks, and breaking rights if you're good at this game.
Speaker 3: But I've never played this, I think I would be good at it.
Speaker 2: I think I have a decent football throw and aim, so I think I would be getting strikes every time.
Speaker 3: If that's what they call it. I don't know if they have different terms.
Speaker 1: Probably, but yeah, I was playing football with a couple of seven year olds last night.
Speaker 3: I went to my friend Kelly's birthday party.
Speaker 1: Oh well sure, yeah, I wandered onto school property. No, they were having Kelly my friends having a birthday party, and so her kid is about seven. He's playing with another kids about seven. I said, give you that football. I'm great with kids. I said, give you that football. Go long. And so I threw the football and you know they're trying to catch it. And I said, let's do a button hook. Now you might not know what a button it's a very simple pattern. You run away from the quarterback, then you turn around and come back like a hook. It's called the button hook. Yes, I said, boys, that's called the button hook. They're like, it's a butt hook. And I said, no, it's not a butt hook. It's and so then they ran with it. They kept saying it's a butt hook, and I played with it too. I said, no, it's a button hook. So then we did like man demand coverage and we had a great time. And I taught the kids, watched the ball into your hands because when you're you know, back when I played for the Ues, played for the Gophers ninety three part of ninety four, Coach Kill always said watch the ball into your hands.
Speaker 3: I didn't know coach Kill was the coach back then.
Speaker 1: That's what most people don't know that.
Speaker 3: What was he like twelve or something else?
Speaker 1: Now he was he was the receiver's coach. So yeah, yeah, my position was I was a But.
Speaker 3: What were you?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 3: What position did you play? I don't remember on the Gophers? Yeah in ninety three.
Speaker 1: A rundown. Yeah, it's a good bit. All right, here we go, get the d to play. We had to start with something we did. Okay, we got somebody on the phone here for folding and this is Lola, Hi, Lola, Lola, you get a chance to go to what is it called fowling? Okay? Do you ever do any bowling?
Speaker 6: I do every once in a while, only on a special occasion.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 1: It is quite special. So what's going to happen is I'm going to play a bowling sound effect and you have to tell me. Listen to the bowling sound effect and tell me whether it's a man or a woman that is bowling. Are you ready? Here we go. Is it a man or a woman bowling?
Speaker 5: You know what that? I feel like it's a it's a.
Speaker 1: Man that is a Yeah, that's amazing. Second to think about it for a.
Speaker 5: Job, it sounds more masculine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, good job, all right. Next up is Angie. Hi, Angie, Hey, Angie, you ever do any bowling.
Speaker 6: I used to be on a bowling meet.
Speaker 1: Look at that. Okay, what we your what was your your average?
Speaker 6: I averaged about two hundred.
Speaker 1: Ooh, that's serious. Serious right, that's that's quite good. That's quite good. All right, Angie, I'm gonna play a bowling sound. You tell me whether it's a man or a woman. You get it right, and you're gonna go to the fowling warehouse with some friends. Okay, well listen up here we go.
Speaker 6: What woman?
Speaker 1: Yes, very good, you're uncanny. Good job. I don't know what she's laughing at. This is serious gamesmanship here, Katie w B. Hello, Arisa.
Speaker 7: Hi?
Speaker 1: Did I say your.
Speaker 5: Name right with an Arisa?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Well I think Aarifa? Okay, uh. Do you ever do any bowling?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 5: Occasion.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna play a sound if someone bowling, guest, tell me whether it's a man or a woman. Here we go, man or a woman?
Speaker 7: You see how roll that ball? Roll? Definitely a man?
Speaker 1: One hundred percent? Yes, you are an in your congratulations presented by Folding Warehouse. Good job. We'll have boo Bash tickets for you coming up right after this