Speaker 1: And now an exclusive interview with David Bassey for Dodger Talker. People try to come between us, but Alex Call will never allow that to happen. The day after Father's Day at Target Field, Alex Call joins us, thanks a lot for the time, Alex appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Dave, happy to be here.
Speaker 1: See that's when you know you started to arrive when other media people try to be a wedge between us.
Speaker 2: Whatever you say there.
Speaker 1: How did you enjoy Father's Day yesterday at Dodger Stadium? Being there with your son, being able to you know, have that moment before the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's nice. You know, it's kind of tough on a travel day. We didn't you know, kind of up before he wakes up, and then having to leave after the game before we can really have like a full day. But to have him out on the field and my wife and my daughter to just special, you know, it makes it you know a little bit extra that day and just so grateful to be a dad. I love those love my family, love my kids, you know, and hope everyone had a happy Father's Day.
Speaker 1: How do you balance being a dad of two young kids and being able to focus on being part of the world champion Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a real task. I mean, first and foremost, you know, I am a father, you know, a Christian, someone who just wants to be a blessing to others, you know. But also I get to the opportunity to play baseball, a game that I love, and just have fun with it. So and with being a baseball player there, it's it's a job. It's a job. You gotta work, you gotta you gotta prepare, you gotta be ready, and that takes a lot of time and effort and discipline. But so does being a dad. So does being a husband, and so does anything with life that you want to be good at. So there's a balance. I try to leave the baseball at the field as much as I can and take care of business there, and then when I'm at home, it's just full dad.
Speaker 1: I remember back when Adrian Gonzalez was playing for the Dodgers, he gave me some tips on how to balance all that. When you're in the hotel room, he said, just FaceTime your kids, your family and leave it by the TV. And while you're just hanging around in the hotel room, you FaceTime your family. Have you ever given that a shot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sometimes it's just like you just want to know that you know their presence is there, and yeah, I've done that where we just FaceTime. Sometimes there's not a whole lot of conversation where it's just like, hey, we're just kind of living our life and I'm doing what I'm doing. But yeah, anytime you can connect the family, that's what it's most important.
Speaker 1: Alex call is our guest in front of first pitch between the Dodgers and Twins in Minneapolis, Alex, your manager Dave Roberts voice some of his frustrations with the entire group as far as the plan and the approach of the offense. Do you feel like you guys can be better at that?
Speaker 2: I mean, I think overall there's always room to improve. I think baseball there's ebbs and flows, and whenever you're you know, not performing the best, sometimes you have to just keep going number one. But too sometimes you have to look in the mirror and say, hey, what can we do better? And you know, anytime you want to just take the focus level up a couple extra notches, not try harder by any means, because that doesn't always work, but just hey, just have a little bit of extra focus. I mean, we were approaching the halfway point of the season. You know, guys are grinding, guys are working through things, injuries. You know, it is what it is. We play a lot of baseball and we have to do it every day, so it just happens. But at the end of the day, we want to be our best and we want to bring our best out every night, and so just ratching it up one extra notch, can you know, maybe just kind of get things going back in the right direction.
Speaker 1: How much? Knowing that you guys have a little extra room margin of error because of the standings and how far you're ahead right now plays into all that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I don't think about it too much because at the end of the day, we want to play our best ball at all time. You know, we want to go out there and give a great effort. We want to go out there and win these games because they matter. You know, we want to have home field advantage. And you know, I think it is nice like when things go bad, you can still kind of be like, wow, I mean, we still got a nice cushion. But you know, things change quick in baseball. You know, injuries happen. You know, teams get hot teams, can you know, but the same thing goes for us, So a lot of things can change, so if you never want to be complacent in it. But there's also like, hey, we're a great team, we got great players, we know how to put it all together, and we've shown that many times this year. And you know, just to wake up sometimes.
Speaker 1: Before I let you go, Alex call I always love to share with fans just how you use the technology to prove pair for each and every at bat, which Twins left hander? Have you put the VR set on for today?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a little bit early for that, but be assured that will happen. I'll watch. I'll watch my friend Banda. You know, I played with him in Washington and I played with him with the Dodgers obviously, so I had I think I had a double against him last year, so hopefully we can do again this year. But rest assured, all the lefties and all the bullpen they'll be covered. I'll take a look at him and we'll be ready.
Speaker 1: All right, Alex, thanks a lot for the time. Happy day after Father's Day, and we look forward to a great road trip for you and the Dodgers, thanks Dave, and don't let any media members come between us, all right, never