Speaker 1: Morning, lighty gentlemen, and welcome to video message number twenty nine. I'm like a dog in heat. I woke up yesterday morning with using advice to start later. Please, I could never know if.
Speaker 2: The day was US Florida.
Speaker 1: Listen up. The ratings just came in for last month. We are number one. We just grabbed every key. Demograh, yeah, super duper. That's nice. Might a goo nito gay? Yes? Boy, that is good news.
Speaker 3: It is the twentieth day of January twenty twenty six. Good morning, everybody, and welcome to the Power of Morning Show. My name is Chris Hockey. It's a freezy morning. It's gonna get worse, but that's okay. We live in Minnesota, you know. I guess you could be listening anywhere, though, so congratulation to you where he lives a choice, right, Hey, we got lots to get to today. Marns, glarns, I'm guessing. And John's bones if his back is good and it cast O thousands. Here's Marcelo Hernandez. Some comedy on a Tuesday morning. Now you I know you might have the Tuesday tireds and I know the rams are slick even though they look like they are not. There's that black ice thing happening to be real careful out there.
Speaker 1: But come on in.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you're here.
Speaker 4: The Brazilian Wax. Let me tell you that there's nothing Brazilian about that. They put the word Brazilian there so that you think it's a tropical experience, but it is not a tropical experience.
Speaker 1: I have been there.
Speaker 4: I have been to every appointment because I had a single mom and I didn't behave good I know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: I've been in there with my soccer cleats.
Speaker 4: You go to the Brazilian wax place and they grab your mom and they throw her on a surgical table and then a little goblin comes through some curtains. Hello, I haven't seen what they do, but it looks like they do honey and duct taped on your mom.
Speaker 2: And then they look at your mom and they.
Speaker 1: Go, I'm gonna count to three, okay.
Speaker 4: What And then they hold it up like the head of a soldier that she killed.
Speaker 2: And then she looks at your mom and she.
Speaker 4: Goes, it has been a long time, and I'm sure that it hurts when they ripped that off. I'm sure that it hurts, But my mom never screamed that. She never cried. Women are too abnormal to scream or to cry. They rip it off and she talks. When it hurts, they talk. They go yagadae and your mom goes. My son is in the third grade.
Speaker 2: Did you know?
Speaker 1: Fland is weet and feet is on your side?
Speaker 3: You hear the distance unders.
Speaker 2: This land in your stride.
Speaker 5: Power Drip on Show, January twentieth, twenty twenty six. The Indiana Hoosiers Chris are the National hold champions of basketball. No, I think what fifty years after Bobby Knight?
Speaker 6: I think went thirty two? And oh, I think that's what I read last night? Right, did they not go thirty two? And oh, like exactly fifty years ago?
Speaker 7: Wow?
Speaker 1: Something like that, I believe. So that's what brero Quit did so.
Speaker 2: So, and I can't remember that.
Speaker 6: Bobby Knight and the Hoosiers go undefeated and win the national title. And now Kurt Signetti and the Indiana Hoo's your football team go sixteen?
Speaker 1: And oh, what are the national champs? What a game?
Speaker 2: Did am I else? Watch it?
Speaker 1: I didn't. Yeah, I'll actually sit up and watch the whole thing.
Speaker 2: I told Saus I'm not sure the best team won.
Speaker 3: I think by the end of the season there, I think Miami had to figure out and talent for talent, I think they might have been the better team.
Speaker 1: The block punt changed everything.
Speaker 2: It certainly did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no disrespect anybody, but my goodness that yep.
Speaker 2: I thought they were going to lose that game.
Speaker 6: Yeah, when the kid broke off the long run, that was a game changer too. It looked like Miami was going to get back in it. And the show before us two Pros and a Cup of Joe, they still.
Speaker 1: Call it that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, they were saying like they never truly felt like Miami was in it or was going to win it.
Speaker 1: And I'm with you.
Speaker 6: I thought there were a couple of times I'm like, ooh, man, Indiana's right on the brink here. Now, they never trailed, but there were a couple of times that it's like, man, one or two more plays and this thing is going to get dicey real quick. But every time Indiana needed one play, they made it. Yeah, so it got close twenty seven to twenty one. Good teams win, great teams cover, and the Hoosiers did not cover. So if you had Miami and the points they stayed within seven and a half or eight and a half, depending on what line you were looking at, but they only lose by six. I don't think they care about that.
Speaker 1: Nah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll tell you what though, man, I do believe that the Miami coach and especially the defensive coach staff said here's how New Orleans beat the Vikings, and I'd like you to just kill their quarterback. You do everything you possibly can to get him knocked out of the game.
Speaker 1: That first went under his chin. I can't believe they weren't. Yeah, that bloodied his lips should definitely have been a penalty.
Speaker 2: They weren't calling anything last night.
Speaker 1: It should have been targeting. The kids should have been kicked out. Yeah, lowrd. His helmet went right underneath the chin strap and.
Speaker 6: And Mendoza didn't complain, just stood there with his lip bloody, like, let's go, let's keep going.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's tough, man, that's your best shot.
Speaker 8: That's why that fourth quarter rough in the passer on Indiana was so rich?
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 3: I know it's like they've been beating the piss out of our guy forever. I said, our guy like I played for the team's your state, man, But.
Speaker 2: Crazy, man, that was cool.
Speaker 6: Did you think on the final drive that Carson Back was going to break your heart?
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 3: I kept saying Tom Petty, please don't beat us. He kept every time they should him like years so bad.
Speaker 1: If you just put him in a Tom Petty wig, it's Florida.
Speaker 2: So I thought, maybe he is, maybe they're relating.
Speaker 3: But then I realized he played for every other college as well. Great kid though, great player. It's a hell of a game, man. So I love college football.
Speaker 2: You just never know. You just never know.
Speaker 1: And now it's over, and.
Speaker 2: Now it's over. Next year. The Gophers are the Indiana of the college football world. I mean they could be.
Speaker 1: I mean, we have a Mark Cuban of Minnesota.
Speaker 6: Uh no, that's what we talked about last week. And you are correct. We have no Mark Cuban.
Speaker 2: His first name is Mark and that's where the similarities end.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 3: Hey, were you guys at all freaked out? Every time they showed Mendoza's mom and dad sitting there. How much his dad looks just like Kurt Signetti. They look exactly like, I mean exactly like they really, they look exactly like at least they did last night in the in the box there.
Speaker 2: I'm like, that's.
Speaker 6: Really because I would argue every time they showed the two of them, I couldn't stop thinking about how Fernando Mendoza is like a direct split between both of them.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I see a little bit of both.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you mean Kurt Signetti and Kursegetti's dad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. Yeah, I guess I could see it.
Speaker 2: It looks so much alike.
Speaker 8: Well, I actually I think I made the mistake after the game because I saw him go up and hug somebody that I thought was Kurt Signetti, but it was it was it was his dad, So I guess I did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So are you seeing.
Speaker 6: There's a chance that Fernando Mendoza is Kurt Signetti's kid.
Speaker 3: I think there's some sort of devil soul situation that happened, That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And I'm for it. Yeah, because you're squad won. Yeah you know it worked. Yeah, that worked. I read this this morning. This kind of blew my mind.
Speaker 6: This is hard to guess unless you're read it. It's really hard.
Speaker 1: You've given me a shot, mister, but I'm gonna give you a shot.
Speaker 6: Okay, we just mentioned Mark Cuban. He's a billionaire, he's a big time who's your fan. He went to the University of Indiana. He got rich because he wanted to hear Indiana basketball, so figured it out and did the old broadcast, dot net or whatever the hell it was. Right, he got rich because he loves Indiana sports so much. Ya, right, Indiana. The College of Indiana Indiana University has the most living alumni of any college in the United States.
Speaker 1: Most living alone, the most living alumni. Wow, So some.
Speaker 6: People are saying, well, yeah, that includes Mark Cuban, but that also means by definition, thousands of other people that are probably pretty wealthy that now the floodgates might open up even more, that they've proven to be a winner the last two years. Not you don't bet on a fly, or you're betting on a winner anyway, most living alumni, how many living alumni do you believe the University of Indiana currently has. You could kind of maybe try to figure out the math and do it, but it's this is this is tough.
Speaker 1: Most living alumni of any university in I'm just.
Speaker 3: Gonna start the betting at a round number because I don't have a real good guess.
Speaker 2: I'm say a million.
Speaker 6: One million Americans went to the University of Indiana, Zachary, I.
Speaker 1: Don't even know where to begin. I'll say five million. Yeah, that's a lot. Differ a million.
Speaker 2: How many do you think graduate every year?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 1: That's the thing I was trying to figure out.
Speaker 8: Like, yeah, how big is the average college?
Speaker 2: That is a good question.
Speaker 1: Class size?
Speaker 10: How big is the major college? Ass size? I mean, I mean, Chris pretty close, man. Eight hundred and five thousand, not five million, No, not five million.
Speaker 1: That's a lot. I don't even know if there's five million people in the state of Indiana.
Speaker 2: Oh sure, oh sure, I.
Speaker 1: Wonder how much? What do you think? Maybe eight to ten. Maybe Jim Jones killed a lot of.
Speaker 2: Indian Do you always bring up old Jimmy.
Speaker 1: Six point nine million, six point nine millions?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: Nice, nice, Well, yeah, eight hundred and five thousand.
Speaker 6: So if you have a whole bunch of alumni, you got Mark Cuban money, you got probably a whole bunch of other billionaire or multi hundred millionaire money. Who knows, man, maybe this isn't over for Indiana. Maybe it's not a flash in the pan. We'll see. It's gonna be super hard to run it back. You gotta find another quarterback.
Speaker 3: What do you think the flash in the pan is? Oh, it's a old picture. I bet the old picture because they used to hold that thing up.
Speaker 2: And that's the pan. Yeah, I think that might be the pan.
Speaker 1: Sure, I don't know otherwise.
Speaker 6: I mean, we could ask Gavin if it's some kind of cooking reference. But the photography angles probably better.
Speaker 1: Originates from an early flintlock firearm or a misfire causing only the priming powder in the pan to ignite. Well, that's that's not right.
Speaker 2: I was wrong.
Speaker 1: Like your logic though, Yeah, yeah makes sense. Yeah, but that's a I am Pan or Pam Pan flashing the pan?
Speaker 2: Great mood.
Speaker 1: Good for flash.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good for Pam.
Speaker 3: I mean she likes what she saw a bad Do you hear about the people up there loots and getting stuck on the old chair lift?
Speaker 1: No o oh no yeah.
Speaker 3: Forty skiers and snowboarders had to be rescued the lift get stuck in high winds at nine thirty on Saturday morning.
Speaker 1: Whoa oh? How long were they up there?
Speaker 2: Took at least five hours.
Speaker 1: WHOA, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: You patrol to get all the people off the lift.
Speaker 1: Even if you're not. Yeah, if you're not, that's just you're sitting up there.
Speaker 6: If it's high winds, you're sitting up there and you're freezing for five hours.
Speaker 1: Yes, that sucks.
Speaker 3: So I drove to the beautiful and talented dead Wood, South Dakota.
Speaker 2: How was that I saw? And I have pictures.
Speaker 3: On the way there, I saw eleven semis that had been blown over. I got a phone like, you know what, like a what do you call the alerts? The amber alert? Yeah, got an amber alert style thing on my phone and said if you're driving, stop it, especially if you have a high profile vehicle. And I didn't see any of it happen as it happened, but the violence of seeing a semi tipped over by winds. I saw eleven on the way there and five on.
Speaker 2: The way helmet.
Speaker 3: Like I said, I took pictures because if you think about it, if you're laying on your side, you got to knock your wind shield out to get out of the semi unless you're incredibly strong and can pull yourself up through the top of the uh. The so all the and the airbags deployed as well. I mean, it's it was. It was something else, man, It's something else. And I saw too, just the worst accidents I've ever seen, both of them involving some ice. But you kept going, hell, yeah, man, I'll trying to get dead. How was it I had? I had the best time ever. I just love it out there, man, I don't know. There's something about that, the landscape out there, even when it's trying to kill you, that I just love.
Speaker 2: I just love it. It's awesome.
Speaker 3: Had a great hotel room. I did some writing, some reading, some music, playing about a nine hour drive you so yet, nine hour drive and nine hour drive back, and it was it was completely worth it, just all by myself.
Speaker 2: It was great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, turn off the world for a while. Road tips are nice, they are they are. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Good for you man, Thanks man, Thanks, that's good.
Speaker 1: Here reading more about your favorite school, the University of Indiana.
Speaker 6: Yeah, is it Indiana University or the University of Indiana.
Speaker 2: It's Indiana Universe.
Speaker 1: You know Lee Corso, who everybody loves, used to be their coach.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I don't know if i'd ever heard this story Lee Corso in nineteen seventy six is the coach of the Hoosiers right the losing his program in the history of football until the last two years. He stops a game in nineteen seventy six to take a picture of a scoreboard that read Indiana seven Ohio State six. Stops the game to take a picture because Indiana's beating Ohio State, and Ohio State won the game forty seven to seven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a pretty famous story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I freaking love that. Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 6: I wonder what stops the game means though, right, I mean, it's not like a ten minute delay. It's a picture. Even in nineteen seventy six, what stops the game?
Speaker 3: You know, he couldn't pull out his cell phone, right, that's okay. I had to get the guy with the old style camera and the flash pan.
Speaker 1: We're winning.
Speaker 2: Stop the damn that guys, stop the.
Speaker 1: Count, don't call another play? Wait game over? Right? Yeah, forty seven to seven.
Speaker 6: Could you imagine Sauce if he was a Hoosiers fan on Twitter in nineteen seventy six.
Speaker 1: I'd be just as unbearable as I am now. Pretty much.
Speaker 6: Yeah, twenty seven to twenty one, Indiana, your national champion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, fun game.
Speaker 1: Who had Indiana? And that bet with you and Liber? Was it Liber? You? Liber? Did you had the field? He had Indiana? Yes, sir, okay, I couldn't remember which side you were on. I just remember there was a bet involved. Yep, I just had it. Yeah. It was a good bet by liber all right. So we're not sure about Bonus, right, because yesterday he was on the fence.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they had his balls were hanging out of right hands that he couldn't get back in.
Speaker 6: So last night he sent us to text saying I'm gonna be you know, it's gonna be close.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not sure because then he said, if you don't hear from me, I'll be there. Yeah.
Speaker 6: But we haven't heard from him. But he's not here yet, so I don't know. Maybe he's gonna walk in a second. Marnie Gaellner later though.
Speaker 1: This is the Powers of One show on the fan.
Speaker 2: Bones.
Speaker 1: Hey kids, you are here.
Speaker 2: Thanks for making your way brother.
Speaker 1: I'm excited take my way down.
Speaker 2: Tom taking your way in the world.
Speaker 1: Today takes everything you got.
Speaker 2: You got that, right, brother?
Speaker 1: Does it take everything you've got?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it kind of does.
Speaker 1: For some people.
Speaker 6: That takes everything they've got for some people. The rest of us just mail it in, you know, bone, sometimes you can get pretty far.
Speaker 1: It's mailing it in. Yeah you can. I mean, look at most of the staff here, right, no.
Speaker 2: Comments out here.
Speaker 7: You're not falling into your little bonus is the devil at Tuesday's track?
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, see you're making him the devil.
Speaker 1: And trying to get hawk going through bonus.
Speaker 2: Man, I feel good today I got away for well yeah.
Speaker 1: Good for you.
Speaker 2: Hugs, thanks brother.
Speaker 1: Hey, did you see any of our good friends where you were?
Speaker 2: Corse?
Speaker 1: No, like, uh, I don't know the buffalo machine. He wants to know if you went to the casino.
Speaker 2: See, here's the thing about Deadwood South.
Speaker 1: What else do you do?
Speaker 3: There's uh, there's history, there's a marca, there's a lovely landscapes, weather trees, all kinds of animal life, coyotes. But of course I did, of course I was, and uh treating me well when I got there, not so well the next day, and then I just cut myself off.
Speaker 1: Man, Good for you.
Speaker 3: I know, I was pretty proud of myself. Yeah, pretty proud of myself, went in my room, diddled myself.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So you still went to your meeting. For that, I still went to the one im band if you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, have one thing at a time, corps, all right, relax, please, one thing at a time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of ices, just just so eliminate one. Yeah, one at a time. Yeah, but you're doing great.
Speaker 3: You know. I had a little a little talk with myself this weekend as I was driving. I had a few talks with myself this weekend as I was driving, and uh uh yeah, I says to myself self.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing.
Speaker 3: If you were to go and you were to win a big, giant jackpot, would it would you be happy?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 3: But let me ask you a question self. I was looking at myself in the mirror when I was doing this. Price shouldn't have been.
Speaker 2: Sin self.
Speaker 3: Here's the situation at this point in your gambling addiction. Uh, it doesn't really matter if you win a big jackpot because we both know you're going to put it right back in.
Speaker 1: That someway, right yeah.
Speaker 3: So are you gonna feel great if you win that jackpot for maybe a second?
Speaker 1: Maybe?
Speaker 2: But do you really need more money?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 2: I'm cool. Do you need less money? Absolutely not?
Speaker 3: So are you gonna be happy or keeping your money or giving it away, and I says to myself, I'm gonna be happy if I keep it, And that's where my mindset has been.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: The tricky part is, and I've mentioned this the last couple of years, every time I feel like I go on a especially in an international trip, I feel like you have that vacation clarity right where you have a moment it's like a minor epiphany where you're like, man, when I get back, I need to focus on this, or I gotta let this go, or man, I got to stop doing that, and you feel it like man. It's almost always because you're looking at some crazy feeling. You're like, man, the Earth's beautiful. Why do I let that bother me so much? Then you get back and about forty eight hours later, you're like, son of a bitch, and you fall right back into the same routine because you realize, oh, this sucks.
Speaker 1: This isn't the South of France. There's the ice planet, hop the bog of eternal stench.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of that has to do with the lack of sleep.
Speaker 3: So maybe I want you guys to know I'm going to sleep from now on, right because once I start my spend downwards, which ends up either with my hand in my anchor on a one arm bandit. Yeah, it's because I haven't slept in three days and I let things bother me that I shouldn't. So I'm committing to sleep me. Oh, thank you, proud of you? Oh well, thanks, I haven't done it yet. I'll press forget it tonight. Yeah, I didn't wake up on freight and go what the hell?
Speaker 6: Well, and last night it's a terrible example for most of this because it sounds like all of us stayed up.
Speaker 1: I think I got a little over.
Speaker 6: Four and a half hours and three last night, though, Oh man, is it really Oh yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah. Remember the one time he did his uh like that is it the bracelet my ring? Yeah? Your sa ring. Yeah it said that you had like you averaged forty five minutes of sleep that one week.
Speaker 6: Yeah, jeez, yeah, that's not gonna work. No, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And that's where my brain goes crazy, and then all my vices seem to go, hey, you know, it'd be fun. You see how I did last night.
Speaker 1: I've been much better at going to bed earlier.
Speaker 6: Same, I got three last year or so, I've probably instead of ten or ten thirty, it's probably been more like nine or nine thirty.
Speaker 1: That adds up.
Speaker 6: Yeah, last night it was like eleven thirty, twelve, somewhere in that range after the stupid game.
Speaker 2: Three hours, three hours and forty minutes sleep last night.
Speaker 6: Yes, it's see and again you're in a good mood for a guy that got three hours and forty minutes.
Speaker 1: But that is today. He saw some of his friends. We will see how it lasts the rest of the week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, get some sleep.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I gotta get sleep. Why'd I only get three hours and four minutes? I was deadline?
Speaker 6: Sure, I do truly wish I could figure out how to eliminate naps and then just sleep a full night.
Speaker 1: But it just doesn't work for me.
Speaker 2: That's always better, isn't it?
Speaker 1: It is? But I can't do it. I find can't do it. You find it's the opposite.
Speaker 7: Yeah, how so I'm better if I don't sleep afore, if I get you know, four to six hours of sleep in a night and I get a good half hour to an hour nap.
Speaker 1: Hmmm, who was the uh? Who was the Was it like Da Vinci or somebody's uh, I just I don know not so Edison. Edison, right, is the one that basically just power napped yep, and never truly slept. Every couple of hours.
Speaker 6: You would just nap for twenty thirty minutes and then get back up and keep going.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a different life choice.
Speaker 2: I've tried that in an accident.
Speaker 1: My guess is, you know, there weren't a lot of sleep studies when Edison was out levanting.
Speaker 6: My guess is, that's probably not the best for your health, even though it worked for him.
Speaker 3: Plus, and I don't think he's life, so I dobt he consumeing. He's probably doing crank or something. Yeah, no, for sure, math or something something fun.
Speaker 1: That's when they had cocaine in coca cola.
Speaker 2: Yeah, remember back in the good old days.
Speaker 1: It wasn't out of a freestyle. You could get it the raw way. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The great thing about having coke and coca colas you don't need diet cocause the coke just kicks that metabolism running eye exactly.
Speaker 1: You haven't eaten in week or Edison.
Speaker 3: I forgot to eat again. Einstein hadn't either, because Edison had him was.
Speaker 1: It sauce, the number one thing a sin is known for. Uh, the light bulb. Nailed it and let me get the button. It's worth it, right, isn't. There's a Simpsons episode where it isn't. He like has a hand in almost like every invention. Everything he took advantage of that. I did not know that. Well, he can kiss a hot dog.
Speaker 2: That's okay, baby.
Speaker 1: You know where he lived?
Speaker 2: I wonder if I where did he live?
Speaker 3: Guess guess where he lived because he stole things like signs from offenses.
Speaker 1: The house with the lights on four, Well, at least that's where he spent.
Speaker 6: I was not going to guess. I was going to say, let me guess, but that was not going.
Speaker 1: To be my guest.
Speaker 7: If you're go to I mean he and Ford basically listen, thank you for school with.
Speaker 1: I don't think you need to raise my hand for that. What is for his first day?
Speaker 7: Like Hemsterdarly Henry yes, Henry Ford and also mister Firestone basically retired in Fort Myers. They've got a they've got a big mansion there Ford. I think the Forida state Edison forda state something that I think they basically shared, like two big mansions next to each other. They are best best friends who uh because they also because Firestone was down there, they tried to grow figure out a good way to locally grow in the United States rubber, so for tires because that was what was a key choke point.
Speaker 1: For cars and such.
Speaker 7: And so they've got this beautiful garden down there where they brought in all these trees from all over the world to grow them down there so they could test them to for rubber productions.
Speaker 2: Did they have little ants who couldn't move that rubber tree plant?
Speaker 7: I think he originally was from New Jersey, But yes, they have. But one of the few things you can visit in Fort Myers when you go to spring training is Edison Ford Museum.
Speaker 8: Do you ever see state Henry or Thomas said, like a Twins game or something down there?
Speaker 1: I have not seen them. Best.
Speaker 2: I saw Henry Thomas down there, the kid from e t.
Speaker 1: If I remember correctly.
Speaker 7: One of the reasons there is baseball at Fort Myers is because they basically paid Connie Mack.
Speaker 1: To whoa to bring uh bring baseball there. Connie Mack, Yeah, Paul, put your hand on you don't even performed the Connie.
Speaker 8: Mack plus didn't they like they needed to play night games down there, and they had to call up their guy, Thomas Edison.
Speaker 1: They said, hey, here's some lights there. You go. That's nice. You've been to the Edison Ford Museum multiple times? Yeah, at least once. It's Fort Myers. There ain't a ton to do. Get drunk and watch baseball.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Johnny Bones, you know what we should do? Yes, you and I and whoever wants to come. We should a good dead Wood because I tell you, buddy, you'd love it.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm sure I would.
Speaker 2: The history is unbelievable.
Speaker 1: I went there when I was young, but I was never old enough.
Speaker 3: That wild Bill Hiccott got shot and is sitting right there. You're there's a sign outs that you can walk in and be like, so this is it? This is where he got killed.
Speaker 1: Do they still have the play that runs about the wild.
Speaker 2: Practice time here because it's balls?
Speaker 1: But yeah, but yeah, I have seen that play.
Speaker 3: And then across the street there's the bar that the dude went to after he shot him and they arrested him over there, you know, I mean, it's like that really happened right here.
Speaker 7: I remember being in Deadwood, South Dakota when it was about eight or nine or ten years old or something, and basically my parents would let us out of the car.
Speaker 3: Yeah it's pretty good idea. Yeah right, yeah, pretty good idea.
Speaker 1: What did he in the late seventies was even weirder than dead Wood? Right now? What did who do?
Speaker 12: Again?
Speaker 1: Like what a wild bill do to get shot? He was as the dead man's hand.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, he disrespected the guy who shot him, like in a poker.
Speaker 1: Game that happens at the table. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was like, you play like Corn Cob, get out of here, Harry Bastards.
Speaker 6: Well, figure out, figure out much poker's change in the last whatever one hundred and fifty years. Now it's all like solvers and analytics and math nerds.
Speaker 1: Back then, it was just like.
Speaker 2: I don't believe you.
Speaker 1: That's all it was. And they didn't understand pod odds or probability. It wasn't like literally chances I get a hurt and no, there was none of that. It was just it'll look like the kind of.
Speaker 2: Guy that would have that hand. I'm all in.
Speaker 1: I imagine my impression of a wild West poker.
Speaker 8: I just imagine nowadays the number of cold blooded murder has gone down.
Speaker 1: It's decreased. It's not zero, but it's decreased normally. Like now you just have to worry about Adrian Peterson punching in your face. Something goes wrong. That happens once in a while. Front Page Sports. After this power to all rat.
Speaker 2: Flunkome back ou chick morning shown here we are on a lovely Tuesday morning. Even though the roads look clear out there, be careful of that black ice wood you go into curves, especially exiting one sixty nine under three ninety four.
Speaker 1: Oh do you almost lose her?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I had to bring the old dirt track skills into play there for the moments I.
Speaker 1: Was like, all right, that turned left to go right.
Speaker 2: That's right. That woke me up.
Speaker 3: A tad bit, tad bit, Yep, that woke me up. And I need new pants.
Speaker 1: Oh that's hot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well nope, this is cold after a minute. It was warm at first though. You're right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you slid on a skin and made your own skid mark. That's exactly right. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I went to bed right after the game, like literally, I don't think I watched more than forty seconds of the post game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I missed that punch until this morning.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that the guy from Miami punch that dude from me Indiana right in the face on the field right after the game.
Speaker 2: Solid punch.
Speaker 1: What was it? What was the problem? Was he just bitter or did the other guy do something to Is their trash talking involved? What what caused the punch?
Speaker 2: Not sure? I just took for granted they've been trash talking each other the whole game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, all right, let's do Front Page Sports. Let's talk about that.
Speaker 3: Here's what I will say to the kids out there listening. Don't take your helmet off. I don't know why they take their helmets off after the game, I know, but do you know you're about to get in the fight. Put your helmet back on.
Speaker 1: Cut people from Indiana like fight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true. It's good point.
Speaker 7: I love that the Miami guy continues to go after him, and he's like, it's after the game and you've got your helmet on.
Speaker 1: I want to be time now for Front Page Sports presented at a station stores for a limit of time. Buy to get one free. When it comes to Monster Energy at.
Speaker 6: Holiday, you can mix and match a neat flavors you want, like ultra punk, punch tried that. Last week it was solid go nuts at holiday buy to get one free.
Speaker 1: Monster.
Speaker 6: Yeah, let's start. Let's start locally, right. We talked about Indiana. They won the national title. They sure did the Minnesota Wild one six to three over Toronto. So over the weekend they shut down a red hot not shut down, but they beat a red hot Buffalo Sabers squad.
Speaker 1: And our guy Jason Zucker yep.
Speaker 6: And then last night Toronto's red hot Wild still shorthanded with no Eric Sinek, no bolding and others.
Speaker 1: Right, doesn't matter.
Speaker 6: They won six to three, and Marcus Felino, at thirty four years old, got his first career hat trick. About that, Yeah, great dude, empty netter seals the hat trick and locked it up. Tarasenko had two as well. Hartman had won.
Speaker 1: The Leafs had won seven straight at home, but the Wild end that streak. The Wild.
Speaker 6: They're now twenty eight, thirteen and nine. Only if she's five three up next at the Canadians tonight at six o'clock.
Speaker 8: Yeah, when you lose guys like Matt Boldie and July Lyrics andect to injury and you look to who perhaps is going to step up and fill that offensive void. You definitely look at guys like Marcus Felino to pitching. Vladimir Terasenko had two goals yesterday. Well, I mean it's just bizarre, and but that's you know, that's the next man up mentality that this team has has really adopted well. And so hopefully they can keep getting the points where maybe they you weren't expecting to get the points, and keep building that buffer and hopefully they weather some storms and get into.
Speaker 1: The playoffs all happy. I think Healthy Russo tweeted last night and you would probably know the SECO, but Quinn Hughes in eighteen games has twenty points and it's the fastest to twenty points in Wild history. Yeah, yeah, that's incredible. Yeah, we are.
Speaker 8: Historically good right now, which is really really cool. It's not cool that, you know, you look at there's still another historically good team right now that we're kind of chasing and not really at this point. It's just kind of get good enough to maybe beat them in a seven game series.
Speaker 1: But the Avs are are still very very good.
Speaker 8: The Stars, I believe we have pulled ahead of the Stars and the Standing So that's cool.
Speaker 1: Sax. Do you have any idea how many hat tricks the Wild have this season? No, I'm not many. I don't think, okay.
Speaker 6: Because the reason why I'm asking is for whatever reason, Hockey Reference dot.
Speaker 1: Com referring to me, Yeah.
Speaker 6: Looks like they don't have it up to date past last April's due. So if somebody has a hat trick this year, like Felino for example, they have not added it. So before let's just say, before this season, how many hat tricks and Wild history?
Speaker 8: Geez, I'm twenty four years times probably probably happens five or six times, one hundred and fifty.
Speaker 1: One hundred and fifty. Anybody else have a guess?
Speaker 7: I'll go less twelve. I'll go one hundred two forty forty five. Really, and our guy has basically right one or two a year?
Speaker 1: Who Perish? Yeah, yeah, Parish has one? I think with the Wild. Uh yep.
Speaker 6: December ninth, two thousand and six, he scored three against Chicago.
Speaker 1: Good for you, yep, man, No, when was the last time he got three? Well Friday when he won. But yeah, that joke doesn't work, no, man, Andrew DePaul almost got him, Yeah he did. We got a big name on Friday. We'll talk about it later. Johnny Bones, you're gonna.
Speaker 2: Want to stick around on expedition analysis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Dusty Cowtown.
Speaker 2: It's not a very big name. Yeah, good point.
Speaker 6: Maybe uh, maybe Twins Daily can cover Friday's version of initial We'll talk about it later.
Speaker 7: We're announcing today The Twins Daily for the Winter Melton has Derek Shelton.
Speaker 1: Our special guests Troy Hawkins first, Oh my gosh, interviewed by Leman and the Gee look looky Hawkins like an early Power Trip phone guests.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he used to cuss all time thanks to Gould Chevrolet back in the day.
Speaker 7: He's our first repeat guest for the Winter Melton. He was awesome there about I don't know, seven years ago or something like that.
Speaker 2: It's a good dude.
Speaker 1: We got to get him on this show. We haven't him on.
Speaker 6: I bet it's been close to twenty years, right, Chris, honestly something like that.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Yeah, it was the very beginning of the Power.
Speaker 7: Tap really yeahah, like that was first couple of years. And to take it, you left Minnesota in two thousand and three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I was saying. I think, Well, yeah, that's yeah, that's the first two years of the Power Trip. There you go. Sure that timeline works out?
Speaker 2: It does?
Speaker 7: Yeah, and uh now he's the bullpen coach for the Twins this year, and that is going to be an interesting position this year.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know what else?
Speaker 6: Quietly, I don't know if again, I don't know if we talked about this. Do you know that Toby garden Higher is now on the Twins status?
Speaker 1: Yes he is. Yeah, No longer with the Saints, he's on the Twin staff. I don't know. Maybe he's just taking the great shout out super cool. What's his position? Do you know? I forget which? I think he's like coordinator field coordinator. That sounds cool.
Speaker 7: I think a lot of it has to do with, you know, sort of, you know, arranging what all the other coaches do.
Speaker 1: Mak who's the new Saints?
Speaker 2: Who's the new of the same pauseates? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Ben Schenectady Eppy birthday.
Speaker 6: Ben Schenectady Warriors star Jimmy Butler tore his ACL Oh no, not that he's done for the season. He is thirty six years old. Last year, he signed a two year, one and eleven million dollar extension. The Warriors are currently eighth in the West. They've won six of the last seven and with their last sixteen, so they're heating up. But now their season is essentially over because you're not winning anything without Butler, No, you're not. And also pretty good timing for the Timberwolves. The Wolves host Golden State on Saturday and Monday, so back to backers against Golden State this weekend at Target Center, So just another example of Jimmy Butler ducking the Wolves at Target Center. He hates playing against US in Minnesota, so he conveniently tears.
Speaker 1: His ACL right before he's got to come back here for two.
Speaker 6: Done for the year. Yeah, that'll do it. One last team to worry about in the West yep.
Speaker 7: And also will have some incentive after not getting named what to the El Star team last year, so versus he'll Curry making it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he'll be on the team on Sunday. But still the ALSAR starters will release yesterday. The West goes Luca Joker, Sga Curry, and Wemby no.
Speaker 1: Ants, no ant.
Speaker 6: In the East it goes Jiannis Brunson, Maxie Cade Cunningham, and Jalen Brown.
Speaker 1: So no aunt.
Speaker 6: But the bigger story nationally, end of an era, no Lebron James. After twenty one straight All Star Game starts, no Lebron James and the All Star starters. The reserves are announced on Sunday and they are selected by NBA coaches. This year we'll have that first stupid ass USA versus the World format, which.
Speaker 1: Is mirroring a lot of things just in the globe right now. So why not? Yeah, can't wait for that?
Speaker 3: Well, it's the right way to do it, you know. I mean, I'm a big fan of basketball. Yeah, especially when they put them all together and they shoot balls. Oh, you know, I love to see tall guys put things in holes.
Speaker 1: Jeez, is that how you were watching in your room? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Listen, kept me out of the casino, didn't it.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Hey, let's backtrack a minute and a half. Johnny Bones, When is the winter meltdown this week or next dayDay?
Speaker 7: This Saturday, Saturday long avoiding the general strike. It's from four to nine.
Speaker 1: Oh damn. So what do you do for five hours? Just drink beer and talk baseball? Pretty much? How much of it is is podcastable?
Speaker 7: Well, if you're a patron, you'll be able to catch the whole thing Sunday.
Speaker 1: And as long as they record it, as long as we record why that's not happened in the past. We had a technical problem, technical problems in the past. Whose fault yours are Gleman's.
Speaker 7: Oh well, if it's happening clean, it has nothing to do with anything logistical on this thing. So yes, if it happened, it's either mine or the venues problem.
Speaker 1: So he's the meat sauce of the podcast. He just shows up and plays the hits and goes home exactly what he calls himself, the meat sauce of the podcast. Cleman and I are I'll take me under. Yeah, I love Gleeman.
Speaker 6: The Wolves are at the Jazz to night at eight o'clock. The Wolves are twenty seven and sixteen, and of course Ant's coming off a career high fifty five over the weekend against the Spurs. They're one and two on this four game road trip so far. But this is the final game of that four game road trip. Wolves home against Sorry Chicago on Thursday, so one game more on the road than their back finally at Target Center, and like I said, they got a couple of games against Golden State at Target Center this weekend as well.
Speaker 1: Cool. They're a good team man with That game against Sam Antonio was so fun to watch. There was a lot of action. There wasn't a lot of whistles blown. They just let them go back and forth. There weren't a lot of timeouts called. It was sweet. It was fast paced, and it was awesome to watch two of the best young players in the league just go at it. It was fun.
Speaker 3: Did you guys yesterday talk about how the fix was in for the Broncos Now the butthhole Osmas has some kind of spell over the NFL that they continue to let him cheat.
Speaker 2: Did anybody's mention anything.
Speaker 1: About that that we should have?
Speaker 2: I mean, that pass interference call, all that stuff.
Speaker 1: There was just so much the catch that was a catch?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean there's just just so much.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Like I know that because it happened the next day, yep, And they called that a catch too.
Speaker 2: So I just I don't know how they say that was an interception.
Speaker 1: I don't know how.
Speaker 2: It's just straight up cheating.
Speaker 1: That's all.
Speaker 2: They wanted Denver to win, so they gave it to him.
Speaker 1: Denver's gonna have a tough Did you go on?
Speaker 3: Houston reached out to see if they if we would trade Max Brosmer for c J.
Speaker 2: Stroud straight up.
Speaker 1: Man, Chris, you missed yesterday, but watch this. This is kind of fun. And here with the starting quarterback of the Denver Broncos is the fans meets us Jarrett Steadman. I can't do it. And with another attempt, here is the fans Paul meets us Lambert Jarrett Steinman, you can't do it. We told them what it was yesterday. You can't stop staying staying stidman like Stegman.
Speaker 6: Who is Oprah's guy or whatever? You have the Jarrett part right. It's not Jared with a D. It's Jarrett with a team, and you have that part down.
Speaker 1: Jarrett, I agree, I can't do it. I can't do it. I can't do it.
Speaker 6: I can't do it. Well, do what really matters? After this? This is the power Trip Bonning Show on the Fan.
Speaker 8: Five Finger Death Punch marks twenty years with a Massive Shell at Mystic Lake Amphitheater August eighteen, a special guest Cody Jinks and Eva under Fire Take. It's on sale out at the details today at KFA dot com Keyword Calendar.
Speaker 6: Yeah, fantastic, Thanks a lot, Thanks a lot, all right, Let's do what really matters, scores and stats around the world of the sports. In between, Chris will change your life with something else. Your life's going to be better. Speaking, a change in your life, Oval Lastick and Lens get Lacey. That'll change your life real quick with U, doctor Mark Lobanoff and doctor David Whitings O, Lacy can Lens.
Speaker 1: Thanks, Ovo, You're welcome. You don't work there, you don't work. Oh.
Speaker 3: By the way, I confirmed that they did not name themselves after the bad guy and Beetle Juice.
Speaker 1: Who me.
Speaker 6: Athos misunderstood. He's not the bad guy. Beetle Juice is the bad guy. Yeah, Otho's just a swindler. Yeah, he's a snake oil salesman.
Speaker 1: I say that's a bad guy because he believes in ghosts. Well he was right, Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean when Beetlejuice shows up, that's pretty much evidence that you're right.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, who me not that Beetlejuice. Oh that'd be a great movie though.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, yeah, I'm dead.
Speaker 1: The Dolphins are hiring Packers defensive coordinator Jeff Halflee as their head coach. He's forty six years old.
Speaker 6: He spent two seasons as the Packers defensive coordinator.
Speaker 1: You know, I didn't. I didn't. Uh, I didn't know this, and I didn't fact check this.
Speaker 6: Do you know the last year the Dolphins won a playoff game.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go out on a limb and I'm gonna say lame would break. Yes, I'm gonna say, it's like when Marino was on the team.
Speaker 7: No, no, long time ago.
Speaker 9: Give me a year. Then it's been ninety seven. The gotta be something though, it's two thousand and one.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute. They had when was Jimmy Johnson.
Speaker 1: There wasn't it in the eighties? No, well that was the football team or the college mm hmm.
Speaker 3: And then they had that one guy that looked like that one guy. I'm gonna say ninety nine.
Speaker 6: Oh he's you're dancing around it December thirtieth of tooth. That is the longest streak currently in the NFL. They have not won a playoff game in the last twenty five seasons.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that.
Speaker 6: You know, they've had a couple of teams with high powered offenses, and then I guess you look back and you go, well, I didn't.
Speaker 2: Know they got bounced in the first round.
Speaker 1: Yeah, December thirtieth, two thousand and how about this, This might be the reason why who knows, again Halfley's is their new quarterback or a new head coach. This is the eighth straight Dolphins head coach with no previous NFL head coaching experience. So they're always taking flyers somebody that's on the up and up, and so far a couple of them have worked.
Speaker 6: Question Mark just not worked in the postseason. Eight straight with no previous NFL head coaching experience. See, we're learning stuff.
Speaker 7: So the feels like the musical shares on coaching vacancieses. Music's about to stop and I Florist doesn't have a seat right yet, right, he's no.
Speaker 1: And obviously with Sean McDermott now on the market, that changes almost everything as well.
Speaker 2: They did that. Yeah, same, Yeah, that was that was surprising. What is going on?
Speaker 3: But what really matters is this Australia's long summer holidays usually draws crowds to the beach, but a spate of shark attacks in the country's most popular state, it's triggered warnings to stay out of the water.
Speaker 6: John Bonus, you've been there. How many states does us show you have for provinces.
Speaker 1: I have no idea. I think it's like eight.
Speaker 3: Okay, around forty beaches along the coast of New South Wales remain closed after four shark attacks in forty eight.
Speaker 12: Hours, four and forty eight hours, with all attributed to bull sharks.
Speaker 2: Yep, I am the bull shirk. That was the kid rock of the ocean. Let's see.
Speaker 3: A stocky species with powerful jaws that lurk and murky waters near the mouths of rivers after heavy rain. Bull Sharks typically inhabit water warmers, warmer waters.
Speaker 6: Slowly, slowly melding into some kind of a European accent.
Speaker 1: I can't even tell what country. It's definitely not.
Speaker 3: But move further down the coastline towards Sydney's most popular beaches during the summer months last week and saw some of the heaviest rainfall in Sydney over the twenty four hours of the last decade, creating the perfect mix of conditions for potentially lethal encounters. Were there get a lot of sharks, sings now we're back, or people getting sharks, but that four incidents where all the victims have been virtually attacked by sharks is really un calm, and bull sharks have unique ability to live in both fresh and marine water. When heavy rain flushes food from the estuaries into the ocean, they tend to fold it and feed by bite. How else do they feed?
Speaker 1: Bull sharks? Bull Sharks have the most testosterone of any animal on the planet. You know what Number two and three are Doug Flutie and Frank Thomas. Bull sharks don't number one. They will on Shark Week, it's the best. They Once in a while they'll just get so pissed off because they're all jacked up on testosterone.
Speaker 6: They'll just bite a boat motor. Oh yeah, they just bite stuff and it's like, what are you doing? You know that's not food, that's metal.
Speaker 1: And they're like, I don't give an f hey, I just got to get the poison out. So think about can you imagine going you go into the water with a you know, basically a guy on roid rage super starting just biting stuff. I don't want to start to bite me man.
Speaker 2: Bull sharks, those bastards. What do you say we go up on the service and eat all of them?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Great, bit, all right, my turn. How many fatals? So zero?
Speaker 2: Of the four, No, they all got bid, but he didn't get fatled.
Speaker 1: None of them killed the fatal.
Speaker 3: But ask why they brave the water despite the shark threat, this young man said, we do risk it full the biscuit.
Speaker 2: That what he said, I don't know what that means.
Speaker 1: Rhymes Yeah, I think you do know what that means.
Speaker 6: But do you feel like the people that go Yeah, do you feel that people that go in the ocean deserve to get attacked by sharks?
Speaker 2: Admit it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? For sure? Yeah, for sure? Right, yeah, I mean, do you know what you're doing up for? Yeah? I mean they should listen to the great Richard o'knick, but they don't want to.
Speaker 2: Did you hear Richard Oknick was there on the scene. Get out the wall.
Speaker 1: It's just Sa Lakes.
Speaker 2: He's been there a long time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, been for a long time. Yeah, got the water. Oh man, he's something.
Speaker 3: There and he's drunk. He's drunk and he's confused. He don't remember what he said. He doesn't know why he's famous, but he is Richard Okik. Everybody mucky.
Speaker 1: That's a good screenplay idea.
Speaker 6: Like every shark attack in the world, the same person is at the beach, and then we learned that it's like the real life that the spoiler at the end, the twist, the m night Shamblin twist at the end, is that we find out that that's the real life Aquaman and he controls the sharks.
Speaker 1: His best impression. Well, that's why he's casts the lead.
Speaker 11: No one on the beach has heard him doing that noise.
Speaker 1: No, I can't you can't be.
Speaker 6: It can't be Oknik because is the one that's trying to get people out of the water. You have to be essentially mister Glass. You're whatever you have to be. You have to be the one that wants people to go, and you have to be like the mayor from Jaws, like get in the water, Fatty Man Wilson.
Speaker 1: No, that's back for the future, a different film, So my turn mixed.
Speaker 6: The Bills fired head coach Sean McDermott after nine seasons. That was the fourth time in the last five seasons the Bills lost in the divisional round.
Speaker 1: He is fifty one years old. He went eight to eight in the postseason in the nine years with the Bills.
Speaker 6: He went to two AFC Championship games, lost both to the Chiefs.
Speaker 1: After the twenty twenty and twenty twenty four seasons. This is kind of a crazy stat Maybe you guys have seen second a lot of random stats today. This isn't really guessable.
Speaker 2: It's a stat infection.
Speaker 6: That's a good name for a segment and then just bombard people with boring stats.
Speaker 1: It's kind of a niche podcast idea. I think it's not bad. Bo How about this Johnny Bones.
Speaker 6: From twenty nineteen through the twenty twenty five seasons, that's seven year span, right, thank the Buffalo Bills.
Speaker 1: Won ninety one games.
Speaker 6: That is the most in NFL history in a seven year span without making a Super Bowl. So that's that's kind of the comeback to Look, you've done a good job, but we got to do something else. It's just not working. Seven years, ninety one wins, most in NFL history, but they didn't get there once again. The two times they got closed, they lost to the Kansas City Chiefs.
Speaker 1: Were they favored in the game this weekend? Yeah?
Speaker 2: They were.
Speaker 1: They were one and a half point dog.
Speaker 3: Ye oh by the game start that yeah, yeah, that's right this way, yeah, yeah, Because I know that they were favored for a long time.
Speaker 2: I still I'll say it again, man, that.
Speaker 1: Was I don't know how long.
Speaker 3: You don't review that. That's not an interception. Yeah, the kid was on the ground with possession of the ball.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's that still shot where it's both knees on the ground and the ball.
Speaker 3: I don't know how the NFL can can don't that that. I don't know how on the field everybody knew. I was listening to the coverage of it, and then I saw it later. I'm like, my god, they were right. That was definitely not an interception. Am I the only one fire?
Speaker 1: Uh? McDermott called a time out the cheeseburgers. Yeah, yep, that guy to give them time.
Speaker 6: Former Vikings long snapper Kevin McDermott, Yeah, great, dude, I agree.
Speaker 1: Oh thanks Sean's kid. You know, I didn't know that. Yeah, the timeline works out. What were you saying before? I what you were saying?
Speaker 2: Something said something aout? Ron McDonald was like.
Speaker 1: Bull sharks or something. No, I wasn't talking about and then you're talking about food. No I wasn't. I know, I look like I am he was. Dermott gave the quality. Yeah, he called time out so they would take a look at it, and why didn't they because they love butthole Eise.
Speaker 3: That's gotta be it.
Speaker 2: That was cheating.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna call it.
Speaker 2: Let's straight up cheating.
Speaker 1: You think the NFL like Sean Payton.
Speaker 3: Yeah, did you see the nine championship pictures of Goodell doing terrible things?
Speaker 1: No, that that's to you when it's not a Goodell.
Speaker 2: It's not badl.
Speaker 1: S.
Speaker 6: Was eleven hours ago you tweeted that was a beautiful Apple commercial.
Speaker 1: It was, Man, what was that about it? All these uh kids with different disabilities and how Apple can help them?
Speaker 2: It was wonderful. Yeah that's good and you got.
Speaker 3: It.
Speaker 1: I did. How could you not? Yeah? It was wonderful. And then I loved how it ended and they all just went their separate way.
Speaker 2: I went their separate ways like just I'm gonna go live my life now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love great man. Ye Right, more of what really matters after this Max as Hers act is here, John Bonus is here, Marnie Gellner later, This is the power Jim Morning Hill on the Finn.
Speaker 2: All right, six forty three.
Speaker 3: Here we are back to what really matters because I have things you guys need to know about you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: Last night Indiana won the national title twenty seven Miami.
Speaker 1: What a game.
Speaker 6: Indiana finishes sixteen and oh that is their first national title. So before Kurt Signetti got to Indiana, they were the worst team in the history of college football, right, most losses ever. But in the last two seasons twenty seven wins, just two losses and twenty seven wins for Signetti in the first two seasons with the school. That is the most for any coach with any school since nineteen thirty six.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man.
Speaker 6: Fernando Mendoza the possible first overall pick in the draft sixteen of twenty seven for one to eighty six, no touchdowns, no interception, so he wasn't great, but he had a late touchdown.
Speaker 1: What pathway through the fourth? My god?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it kind of did the lway helicopter a little bit dough for it got in there, and at the time it kind of felt like the clincher, but then Miami.
Speaker 1: Did get back in it. It felt like that was going to be the game winner, but it wasn't quite over.
Speaker 7: They completed what two fourth and fives to be able to to not kick a field goal and instead go for the touchdown enough times ended up being important.
Speaker 1: It worked. How about how the Mendoza family grew up like a mile and a half from that stadium, Like that's where I think their family home still is. Yeah, exactly what college football needed.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and weren't weren't both of his parents Miami athletes?
Speaker 1: I think so? Yeah, they didn't recruit him. He was a two start, two star, but they didn't recruit them at all. Anybody do do we know the sports?
Speaker 6: Did his dad play football or did he play for a different Miami sport? I thought they said on the broadcast last night that they both were Hurricanes at one point.
Speaker 1: I just don't remember what they played. Oh chess club?
Speaker 6: Sweet, so Magnus Carlson versus Mendoza senior.
Speaker 3: Now go with your joke the chest club.
Speaker 2: That's right, I had a chest.
Speaker 1: What's your favorite piece in the chess club? Do you have one?
Speaker 2: The aerial life?
Speaker 1: Interesting? The giant ones?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like, I like, I like to be reminded of a McMuffin.
Speaker 1: Your MIC's on. What really matters is this?
Speaker 2: You get that joke though?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What what was the joke.
Speaker 1: That their Canadian bacon?
Speaker 2: Oh you're gross, dud? Said nothing about bacon grow.
Speaker 1: That's what that's a hum.
Speaker 2: I don't know what I meant.
Speaker 1: I know what you meant.
Speaker 2: You nailed it.
Speaker 1: According to Hurricane super fan John Ojampa, shout out to j oj his dad was on the rowing team and his mom played tennis.
Speaker 2: Three tennis rowing rowing very fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it'd be cool.
Speaker 2: Did the old crew bit for the University of Miami?
Speaker 1: Sweet? Yeah, Bud. He was wearing a Hoosiers jacket and hat last night and he a.
Speaker 3: You don't want my boy, Fine, you come down here to your home stadium and win the national title.
Speaker 8: Has there been a father who has remained loyal to his father of a quarterback was remained loyal to his alumni in that situation over his son's team.
Speaker 2: Yep. Speaking of the Chest club, he's got a nice chest.
Speaker 1: That's unconfirmed.
Speaker 3: On January twentieth, nineteen eighty, bleachers had a bull ring and Sincileo, Columbia, collapsed and killed two hundred and twenty two people.
Speaker 11: What was this?
Speaker 3: Nineteen eighty The collapse in Sincileo, the deadliest tragedy of sporting vents in Columbia's history, was the result of overcrowding and or construction, and perhaps one bull who'd had enough.
Speaker 1: No, if it was a couple hundred bull fighters, i'd say good. But spectators, I mean that kind of sucks. I mean they're part of the problem. I've been there were guys win. Oh, we can't believe it. Either can't believe it either. I still can't believe it.
Speaker 2: I don't know what we're expecting.
Speaker 6: We knew that that happened, but wouldn't you argue that seeing it though, instead of just reading about it, seeing it made it worth going to go, Oh, that is so much worse than I thought.
Speaker 1: That's awful.
Speaker 6: Like, I'm actually really glad that I saw, because otherwise I would.
Speaker 1: Have been like, bullfighting looks fun.
Speaker 6: Now I'm like, oh God, I hope the bull just absolutely obliterates that guy.
Speaker 3: I think he's killing point because I think when like that is the mark of humanity, right, Like, when you go there and you're like, this looks like fun. This seems right to me, and then you see the tragedy happen, you should say to yourself away a minute, that doesn't look right.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: I came here thinking this was going to be great, and I was a fan of this. But but now that I see this actually happening in action, maybe I'm allowed to.
Speaker 2: Change my mind.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, that is the correct answer. Yes, you go. This isn't right. Let's not do this.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, I thought it was, but I was wrong, right, And now I don't like bull fighting.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 6: Hats off to the bull. As Chavelle alone said, that's a great song. It is, and I agree, Hats off to the bull. Say we make amends. I didn't know we were fighting.
Speaker 1: We are? We are? Oh yeah about what?
Speaker 2: Here's the clinchon?
Speaker 1: What are we not fighting about?
Speaker 3: I don't know the Phillies. Yeah, we all hate him.
Speaker 1: Yeah except for Bonie.
Speaker 2: Bondie don't like him. I do like the pH never.
Speaker 11: Mind, I didn't like the Philly last year. He's lasted thirty seconds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, the turn of your I got more. But I'll give you answer this, babe.
Speaker 6: The Tennessee Titans are hiring Niners defensive coordinator Robert salah Max, So this is your squad. He is now the twentieth coach in Eilers slash Titans history, in the seventh since they have moved to Nashville in nineteen ninety seventh.
Speaker 2: Good higher, Yeah, Yeah.
Speaker 11: He seems like he seems like a good culture kind of guy and the right kind of coach for what the Titans need right now.
Speaker 1: They need some some law and order right now.
Speaker 11: And then definitely, uh, you know, you need to get their their s together on defense.
Speaker 1: So I'm with it. I'm cool with it.
Speaker 11: He seems like he kind of got his mind right after leaving the Jets, so I'm I'm ready to give him a chance.
Speaker 2: Robert Salah.
Speaker 1: What really matters, though, is this wooden bleachers.
Speaker 3: We're common in the United States at the turn of the century, the nineteenth century, the most notorious collapse disaster was that a baseball game I was going to assume between the Philadelphia Phillies and the Boston Braves in nineteen oh three, in the second game of a doubleheader, everybody fell asleep.
Speaker 1: Brilliant.
Speaker 2: An altercation between two drunken men.
Speaker 3: Philadelphia, yeah, yeah, and some teenagers or Boston where was it or Boston either way? Good point, yeah, uh caused the commotion that drew the crowd to the top of the bleachers. Suddenly the bleachers collapsed. Hundreds of people crashed thirty five feet to the ground. Only twelve people died, but two hundred and thirty two were seriously.
Speaker 6: Andrew only twelve, and it was six couples making out under the bleachers. Everybody that fell survived.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they died doing what they loved, make it out smooching.
Speaker 11: And those dudes must have really been throwing hands if everybody just was like, I gotta run up here and go see what's up. You know, I'm not just gonna watch from my seat, like I need to see this live.
Speaker 1: Those dudes were duking it out. Somebody had a film and Yelle World Star.
Speaker 6: That's why concrete bleachers that are part of a stadium, not just free standing ones.
Speaker 1: That's the way to go.
Speaker 6: I was when I was younger, I hurt my shoulder really bad, and I went to a game and I was sitting out in the bleachers and the concrete bleachers, and a home run got hit to us, and my buddy grabbed the ball but didn't want to throw it back because he was afraid that he wasn't going to be able to throw it back to the field, so he gave it to me and I just freaking launched it and I threw it all the way to the catcher. Wow, and like the entire stadium stopped dead in their tracks. Nobody said a word, and they were like, what the hell? That was a rocket from center field? I'm like, was that also the summer when Gary Busey dated?
Speaker 1: Your mom.
Speaker 2: Answered the question.
Speaker 6: Answer, No, it was a picture named Chet Stedman. Who the hell's Gary Busey?
Speaker 2: I'm seeing Rookie of the Year time Chet for the last Yes.
Speaker 1: Now you're screwed because you're gonna think that that Chet Steeddman's the quarterback of the Broncos on Sunday? What is it? Stidham? Juris Stidham?
Speaker 2: Got it? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Is my term? I don't know. The Lions are hiring Drew Petsing as their offensive coordinator. Dude, Now if you're like, hey, how do I know that name?
Speaker 6: He was with the Vikings from twenty fourteen through twenty nineteen, spent the last handful of seasons as the Arizona Cardinals offensive coordinator.
Speaker 1: Just thirty eight years old, Drew Petsing, but with the Vikings he was an offensive assistant, then an assistant wide receivers coach, then an assistant quarterback coach, and then the wide receiver coach before he went to Arizona, So he was the boogued.
Speaker 6: Okay, we did the who had the over one and a half Kid Rock references? I hammered the under already lost the bet in six point fifty three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Partrick Betts threatened to kill my family fighting.
Speaker 1: He needs is a little cash right now? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Can you imagine that phone call that just calls up Chris. Look, this is gonna make no sense to you. But if you don't reference Kid Rock three times on Tuesday show, I'm going to kill your entire family.
Speaker 2: I'm like you could have just asked.
Speaker 1: Right exactly the threat was? This show is terrible. We can talk about rock.
Speaker 2: To three and a half hours accident, right.
Speaker 1: No threat needed, But so far I believe that's the second reference, so you still got one to go in the next two hours. Yeah. What really matters though, is this Yeah.
Speaker 3: On the State In nineteen eighty two, in one of the most famous, I guess infamous moments of rock and roll history, Heavy Mental Front men Ozzy Osbourne also known as the.
Speaker 1: Bets, but Mel Gibson was it was it the ransom? We're just give me back my son. Remember that that was back when you could have a trailer where all you had to have is one catchphrase in the trailer, And that trailer for for Ransom was just Mel Gibson like has his kid taken? And there's some action. Then at the end he just screened it right into the camera and you're like, I gotta see this movie. He's gonna get his son back and guess what he did? He did? Did he really? Oh yeah, I've not seen that biler alert that movie. He's thirty years old. He screamed some other stuff at the guy too, like to see. Every morning show or radio show had so much fun with the Mel Gibson buttons. No more than we did, no more than God we played everyone. You don't care.
Speaker 3: Ozzy Osbourne bit the head off a bat on this day in nineteen eighty two, if they're on stage during his cuser Now he always said he thought it was a fake bat.
Speaker 2: Doesn't make any difference.
Speaker 6: No, you know quickly your teeth would signal to your brain this bat is not fake.
Speaker 1: Yes, you would know almost immediately.
Speaker 2: You're like like a gray white shark, like, oh that was a swimmer yep.
Speaker 1: You don't follow through unless unless you're intoxicated.
Speaker 6: Unless he's on some uppers or downers or whatever the deal is. I don't think you're going to beat your teeth all the way through a bat before you stop.
Speaker 1: I'm sure he was on all of them.
Speaker 6: Right when that that infamous night like what almost what I don't know fifteen years ago when I bit into a tater tot and I went ghost white, whiter than this immediately my.
Speaker 1: Teething get all the way through the tater top before I got sick to my stomach. You think Ozzie got all the way through the head of a bat. Here's no chance.
Speaker 3: But I don't think this has ever been asked and never been answered. Who brings a bat to a concert?
Speaker 1: Yea count Chocula.
Speaker 2: You know I'm new I'm gonna through some bit on stage? Why because I'm cool?
Speaker 1: I know I know who didn't say it? Kid Rock, I know har number four. He's running all of you. No, No, I just want him to run up the score. Right. Good teams win, great teams cover well, we've covered alright, my turn. Yep, we already talked about this. We already talked about that.
Speaker 6: Go for basketball at Ohio State tonight at five thirty on DraftKings, Ohio State seven and a half point favorites. The over inners one forty three and a half. They're pretty good. They're twelve and five. The Gophers are ten and eight and three and four in the Big Ten.
Speaker 7: They are a much better team than I thought they were going to be this show. I think everything coaching Illinois so close, and I think there were thirteen point underdogs in that game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's something like that. Brett Michaels has had a great year.
Speaker 1: No, he's in the news for other reasons. We'll talk about that later and he son him a bit. Yeah, we'll talk about it later.
Speaker 2: Tour with Brett.
Speaker 1: That's true. It's true. Wasn't that the bit with the Eagles?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I wish you'd be quiet.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry Brett Michaels did not play.
Speaker 1: That's the bit for the Eagles? Was is Glenn fry and right, who's the other? Don Henley wanted way more money.
Speaker 3: To Well, Yeah, you can't do a tour without Don Henley, Grill and Glenn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the h is. Oh so when we all break up, I'm gonna have to wait for you to decide to come back. Yeah, we're gonna tour without you. Absolutely, I should. Yeah, yeah, it's more entertaining. Partrick Bets just posted a gift of kid get help Bets, so Martie Glener's in the building. We'll do the news after this on bonuses here. This is the power Trip Morning Show on the Family