Speaker 1: By donors Shoes.
Speaker 2: You can nominate an outstanding public school teacher who goes above and beyond for students. They can win five thousand dollars of class for classroom supplies and resources. Nominating now at radio dot com slash teachers. That's thank a teacher powered by donors Joe. That makes a lot of the classroom anymore.
Speaker 3: You. I mean, I'll spank a teacher if you ask for it, but I mean go opportunity, make.
Speaker 1: A fair Yeah, that's right. Yeah, he's a Any teachers out there.
Speaker 3: Any teachers out there want to get the a whooped?
Speaker 1: You've been planning this?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, all right, let's do the news. Parker wants to know the news man, tell me the news. What's going on the.
Speaker 3: Top story of the day is Hold on, let me get this first that I won.
Speaker 5: I did that mockey that's presented by the Saint Paul Saints.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah. Get on down to shs Field the twenty fifth of this month when the Saints return home. Get your tickets at Saints Baseball dot com dot Saints baseball dot com. We love you, Saint Paul Saints. I feel bad we haven't done anything down there this summer. Yet you got to get down there, Mim. It's gonna be gonna be late, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Sure, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: So remember I told you about the lovely town of Henderson, yeah by Lasur Yeah, and I told you that. They were telling me that, you know, they they purposely have kept all the old buildings right downtown. It's where there's some scenes from the movie Purple Rain filmed there.
Speaker 1: Sweet on Tuesdays.
Speaker 3: They do a cruise in every Tuesday from like June through September. So I drove my old fox body, red little ninety three Mustang down there last night, and I swear to you, guys, it was like going back in time to American graffiti. It was the coolest thing. At five thirty every Tuesday. All these folks drive their old cars down and park them on the street and just hang out. And there's vendors and there's food, and there's old cars.
Speaker 1: Were there many donuts.
Speaker 3: Many donuts them And it looks like I'm telling you, dude, the buildings. It's not just that the buildings from eighteen eighty are still there. They still use them. And they're not just like you know, no offense. They're not just antique stores. They're like real businesses and ice cream shops and a barber shop that's as big as this studio that's been there since eighteen ninety or something like that. It's the cutest city I've ever seen. And when it's filled with the old cars nipples hard. I loved it. It was so much fun. So every Tuesday, and by the way, next Tuesday is eighties night.
Speaker 1: Oh hell.
Speaker 3: Then the Tuesday after that is rat Rod Night.
Speaker 1: How long is that of a drive from here?
Speaker 3: It's you know where Laser is? Yeah, right before Laser. Yeah, it's the craziest thing. Guys. There's a and I found out last night. By by the way, one of the gentlemen who who runs it was telling me the reason I'd never been on that that I think it's a scenic byway but if fair the Great River. No, it's not the Great River Road, but it's because that's over by is.
Speaker 6: It the Mississippi River Scenic Byway?
Speaker 3: It's been closed forever because they have such a hard time with the Minnesota River overflowing. They've completely got it fixed now all the I'm not being all the dikes and stuff are fixed, you know, So the it's it's I can't believe how beautiful this drive is. And I've lived here thirty years. I've never seen it before. Wow, right down there through Henderson. It's the coolest.
Speaker 1: That's sweet, dude.
Speaker 3: Every Tuesday night. So if you got an old car, or you like old cars, or the one street is just filled with motorcycles, oh sweet, so Harley's anything like that, or then the street it's nothing but old cars. It's super cool.
Speaker 6: So a family friendly event as well.
Speaker 3: It is so family friends awesome. It's pretty awesome. Henderson, Minnesota, weld down everybody. I'm wearing my t shirt right now. It's every Tuesday, the Henderson Classic Car Cruise.
Speaker 1: That's a nice shirt.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, man, get after its story. I like a old city's taking care of their old buildings.
Speaker 1: That's really nice of you.
Speaker 3: That matters to me, man. You know what else matters to me's Christmas. Yes, jokes can be made about how hard Hallmark leans into a cheesy Christmas cheer. This is from U bring me the news, but it can't be denied that it knows a little about the aesthetics of a storybook Christmas. That's where Hallmarks Marrius Christmas Town's contest comes in. It's a reader's choice vote on which small town USA is crowned the merriest Christmas Town. There's a Minnesota town up in the running. This year, twenty five cities in the running selecting is final selected as finalists for bringing the spirit of Christmas to life through cherished traditions, joyful celebrations, and a deep into community. Among those finalists.
Speaker 1: This year.
Speaker 3: But Midgie, which gets high marks for it's our night we light celebration, it's a wintry parade and the Midwest's largest Christmas pixel tree and the world's largest pixel gift box display which our niche but beloved. So good job Bamigie bringing on home. You can see all the finalists and cast a vote starting on September fourth on the Hallmark page on the web.
Speaker 4: Socks bamigi is an Ojibwe word meaning what bamige.
Speaker 3: I think it means my midgi.
Speaker 1: What does bamigi mean?
Speaker 3: Oh? Sorry, he didn't hear the question. Ask him again.
Speaker 4: Yes, it is an age, an Ojibwe word that roughly translates to.
Speaker 1: What meaning it means.
Speaker 7: I mean a lot of people know this. Y s shocked you guys are asking.
Speaker 3: Me what means Yeah, he got that right.
Speaker 1: It means uh, small lake.
Speaker 3: Hmmm, small lake.
Speaker 1: Because of the midge part, you guys, is small. No, the beit uh direct correlations. Paul was half right, wow, something about big lake because it is a lake with crossing waters.
Speaker 4: A lake with crossing waters is what it means.
Speaker 1: Ohan, half right.
Speaker 3: I'm super proud of you.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: I should learn a jibe. He already knows it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, apparently he does. Halfway halfway today, halfway there. And I'm gonna guess you're gonna walk around all over the place today. Saw. Some people are gonna be like, hey, congratulations, you want to know what?
Speaker 1: Oh boy, do you want to know?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 1: Go ahead.
Speaker 8: It's National Orangutang Day each August nineteenth, to bring attention to the red haired primate and to raise awareness of the dangers they faced by deforestation and the.
Speaker 9: Exotic set trade.
Speaker 8: Endangered apes are native to the islands of Borneo and Sumatra in Southeast Asia, where they live high in the trees and eat mostly fruit. Conservationists say there are about one hundred thousand orangutans left, and their numbers are dwindling. I'm Tammy Trichio.
Speaker 4: All right, So I'm glad she said it the way that she just said it, because in the history of quote English words, I would I would say that's one of the words that is mispronounced the most that we all universally don't care about. I think Sherbert or Sherbert is the other one. We all just add an R and say Sherbert. Maybe that's a regional thing. There's no G at the end of orangutans. I say tang as well. Oh yeah, but I have since I was three, and I'm going to say it for the rest of my life. I'm not saying orangutan. I'm adding the G. Yeah, I know there isn't one. We all know there isn't one.
Speaker 6: It means too much work to say orangutan. I know that does seem harder.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know why.
Speaker 10: That's what she said, eat mostly fruit.
Speaker 8: Conservationists say there are one hundred thousand orangutans left.
Speaker 3: And sounds dumb. She sounds uneducated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, poor lady.
Speaker 4: So this is like a reverse dan quail Right, No, add the G, add the extra letters correctly, No DJ dan Quayle, never trying to rhyme it a ring a tang eminem could do it. Yeah, see for sure, Harry Mack could do it.
Speaker 1: Sauce could do it.
Speaker 4: Wash here with a rhyming seven sentences that ends in Orangutan is the fan, Sauce, orangutan or orangutang?
Speaker 1: You pick? Go ahead, freestyle?
Speaker 3: You got this baby sucks?
Speaker 7: My man, she'd have sex with an orangutan? Kind of worked. You guys asked me to do.
Speaker 1: Things that I'm not good at. What should we ask you to do? I can't ride? That was a good ride. You guys are going at bullying.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Thanks mass That's a really nice thing to love.
Speaker 1: The support.
Speaker 3: You know what you're good at is eating, and that means you should go to Atlanta.
Speaker 9: The chain's launching the trial.
Speaker 3: Oh waffle Houses the changes.
Speaker 8: The chains launching the trial test in its home base of Atlanta only, where they'll wrap iconic fillings like cheese, steak, chicken, and patty milts into warm flour tortillas. Breakfast taco pairs start at seven dollars and fifty cents, while lunch and dinner versions run seven dollars and twenty five cents. And yes, the usual waffle house hash browns can still ride alongside them. The company says early feedback has been positive, but there's no word yet on whether the limited test will spread beyond Atlanta.
Speaker 9: I'm Tammy Trhio tacos at waffle house.
Speaker 1: Don't mess with it. It's perfect. Such things. Oh my god.
Speaker 6: Odd you need to and you need to go at about one five A.
Speaker 3: Have a weapon of some kind.
Speaker 6: I don't think anyone's gonna mess with him. You're a good size, you're right, eat hooks, yeah, case, just in case. Bring an erection. Okay, bring that sends a message. Walking pitching a tent and you're good, diamond hard. It's the point across. Don't you just walk in and you tell them here's what I want right now I want they'll get to it.
Speaker 3: I'd like some orangu tang ya.
Speaker 1: I know you would.
Speaker 3: Your tang maybe you know, but the mastronauts they love that time.
Speaker 4: I don't think I've ever actually drink drink drunk that you never had it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Is it still around or is it the orange? I think?
Speaker 3: Yeah, assure you. I like the powder, plastic powder like like a cool I think now yeah, yeah, it comes from that too.
Speaker 1: You go hot or cold water with that I go, I go cold.
Speaker 3: Of course, I can't imagine. I'm not weirdo.
Speaker 1: Do you think Chris is in a hot tang? Why is Abbit here already? Was he looking at me? Hot waffle house? Tag?
Speaker 3: Hawks in the morning?
Speaker 4: It works and that's the title of the podcast You Got Hawks.
Speaker 3: And lastly, today, one of my favorite bands in the whole white world, a zz Top drummer or Frank Beard, is dead at the age of seventy seven. Oh Man, a spokesperson for the band, confirmed the news. Beard died at his home in Texas well in hospice care on Monday. Exact cause of death was not given. Boy he had a rough run with some drugs and some drinks and as a young man, but he was the only member of the band that didn't have a beer beard. And he was a great drummer, just solid as hell.
Speaker 4: That's that's an amazing thing. Honestly, when when you think of zz Top, all you think of is long ass Beard. And the one guy whose last name was Beard was the one guy that was the Nah, yeah, I ain't doing that.
Speaker 1: It's a terrible look. It's a great bit. The beardless guy was named Beard.
Speaker 3: And they they did a bunch of records, and then they took a long break from each other. This is before they got super EMTV, you know, famous, but they were still pretty famous. People like that kind of rock and roll, blues and music. So they took this extended heatus for like a year, didn't speak to each other, and when they came back, the other two guys, both without talking to each other, had extremely long beards and Frank Brillin did not, and so they kept that it.
Speaker 1: Was their bit.
Speaker 3: R I p yeah, man, yeah, man, that guy was a good drummer. I love that, man. I love that. Means two of them are gone. Only Billy Gibbons is still with us. Do you know Billy Gibbons. One time Jimmy Hendrix said the greatest guitar player in the world was Billy Gibbons.
Speaker 1: Wow he did.
Speaker 3: Jimmy Hendrix said that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's high praise.
Speaker 3: That's slammers, dude. They were nothing but slammers.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Jesus just left Chicago. He's heading for New Orleans. Man, yeah, man, I mean he's going down to the old casino right downtown.
Speaker 7: Tush Whales, sharp dress man, yeah, les yeah, yeah, yeah, man, the Grange great song.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I think I've heard a single one. Oh, they're great. You've heard, you've heard, you've heard legs.
Speaker 3: You got a leg I know that of you who do no, we have a girl great about my own?
Speaker 1: I guarantee you would.
Speaker 4: Be like yeah, because even though you didn't grow up in the MTV era, right, but commercials or probably.
Speaker 1: Some movie that you've seen you just didn't know was zz Top? Yeah? Whales the best? Yeah?
Speaker 3: So anyway, j Z Top Man, I love that band.
Speaker 4: I didn't know the name origin of zz top, what is it? I just looked it up.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you if i'm if I think I'm correct. There were a lot of bands like BB King and they were influenced by people like that, and so they took the two letters, and uh, I forget how top was. They just want to I can't remember.
Speaker 4: What it's essentially because they love BB King and so they change it to ZAZ King just to be different. But then King is also somebody who is quote at the top, so they just change it instead di zz King.
Speaker 1: They said, let's just do a ZZ town. Oh that's brilliant, that's awesome.
Speaker 3: Three guys in that band, man, three guys made all that noise good for them. Yeah yeah, I know a girl who lives on the hill. She won't do it, but her sister will. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you love that. I do.
Speaker 3: Remember my uncle Kenny dance around singing that song. I love it the best ever.
Speaker 6: You got it wrong, I got it roll. I'll see you guys next Friday. Love you very much. Have a great weekend, skull Vikings.
Speaker 3: Hold on, it's happening.
Speaker 1: It is right around the corner.
Speaker 6: Also, go to my website, John Creesel dot com and book.
Speaker 1: Me for your organization.
Speaker 6: Uh would love the chance to inspire your group John Creesel dot com and go to Chris Hockey dot com as well.
Speaker 3: That's right, my wife will set that up. She's the best in the world. Thank you, brother, all right, Love you guys.
Speaker 4: So this is the power to the morning show. Saucle do sports. After this, Parker Fox is here.
Speaker 1: We're back after this on a thin Hey, Hockey, you.
Speaker 3: Got dead air. I can't play it on their but trust.
Speaker 1: Me, he's jamming hard disease top.
Speaker 3: I'm a wide baby.
Speaker 1: God's bad. We can't listen.
Speaker 3: Amasia Doop doo deep boop deep deep bount don't bound.
Speaker 4: Boom, stay fair right around the corner, Mouth Guitar Guy, right around the corner.
Speaker 1: That was a little preview.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: One of the most polarizing bits in the history of the fan is Mouth Guitar Guy. I am one thousand percent on team Mouth Guitar Guy, and I know other people are not.
Speaker 7: Somebody with a little bit of power can't stand that. Yep, and I I I can't stand back.
Speaker 4: If you if you asked me on December thirty, first of any given year, give me the ten hardest laughs you've had listening to Kafean all year.
Speaker 1: Eight of them are Mouth Guitar Guy for me, Yeah, and Captain Hook. Captain Hook was a way up there as well. But you love it. I love it when he when he especially when he does originals. Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't care for the covers. I want to hear his stuff. Yeah, and he has a title and he tells you what the song is about, then he just rips it.
Speaker 1: I love him. It's tough, and I get super pissed when I missed though.
Speaker 3: It's tough, though, are you are you laughing at her with that's the problem.
Speaker 1: With Yeah, you're gonna mix it a little at wow.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 4: The only thing I would tell mouth guitar guy, if you're listening, you're not. We don't need words.
Speaker 1: No right.
Speaker 4: Once in a while he'll stop mouth guitaring and then he'll start just kind of half singing.
Speaker 1: Move on from that. We just want the riffs. Yeah right? Is that just me?
Speaker 4: No, man, I don't want the words. Ye yeah, you're not mouth word guy. That's all what the rest of us can do. Your mouth guitar.
Speaker 1: Guy, it be yourself. No more words. You're not sauce can riff Sports.
Speaker 3: Time for Fan five on the Power Trip, brought to you by.
Speaker 1: Friends at Circa.
Speaker 3: We'll see a week from today's Circa.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I can't wait.
Speaker 11: Your Minnesota Twins beat the Braves last night, one second string victory. Your Twins are sixty two and sixty five, same two teams today at twelve forty pretty old for baseball.
Speaker 7: TOAs Bradley goes for your twins. The Braves are one in four in their last five games.
Speaker 3: Uh, Chelty, describe your team and one word, please.
Speaker 12: Resilience, I think is a word that I've probably used a little bit at nauseum with this group. But I think the culture that we have of our group, they nothing ever gets them too high, too low, and you know, we're in like we've talked about, we're in a tough stretch and we're playing really good teams. In the fact that they were able to bounce by, especially after the Sunday game, you know, they are resilient and they just move on to the next day. It's probably the thing that I'm most part of. We've talked about, you know, throughout the year hunting the Good, we've talked about playing twenty seven outs and they really embody that.
Speaker 3: I was having an ultra sound there. Okay, it sounds like there's a baby in his belly and he's listening to the heartbeat.
Speaker 12: Wait, that's not resilience, I think is a word that I probably used a little bit of which this group. But I think the culture that we have of our group, they nothing ever gets them too high, too low, and you know, we're in like we've talked about, we're in a tough stretch and we're playing really good teams, and the fact that they were able to bounce back, especially after the Sunday game, you know, they are resilient and they just move on to the next day.
Speaker 1: It's probably the thing that I'm most part of. We've talked about, you know throughout the see the one.
Speaker 3: What did you see?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, good for that? They won?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: They won.
Speaker 3: Man, you don't seem to care.
Speaker 5: I mean, there are three games under five hundred in August. They're overperforming, though, are they? Are They still in the race big time? Yeah, he's there playing races, heating up?
Speaker 1: Is it? The al is terrible? But they don't pick the division. They well so much? Sure?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and again you bet the under you they are ahead of pace. They're overperforming when Vegas projected. So yeah, they are doing well. And I give a lot of credit to our guys.
Speaker 1: Shelty, he's done a great job. Yeah, yeah, yeah if Shelty yep, that guy.
Speaker 7: The Brewers beat the Mariners twenty two nothing in an absolute slaughter, but most of the runs were scored when they put in position players and they just had batting practice.
Speaker 1: Can I have a take on this?
Speaker 10: I feel like they could even be if you're a position player, I feel like you could throw better pitches than what they usually throw.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because a lot of those guys I bet pitched it at some point you.
Speaker 10: Pitched at some point, and you know the mechanics, maybe you don't want to do the full you know thing and hurt your elbow. But I feel like every time I see it, they're just like little lobs. It's it's home run derby.
Speaker 1: Yea, yeah.
Speaker 10: I feel like they could at least try a little harder to throw a strike, but I guess at that point you're already done.
Speaker 1: And I don't know, maybe I'm wrong.
Speaker 4: Maybe there's some kind of reverse punishment where it's like if you throw a ball under fifty miles an hour, it's an automatic ball.
Speaker 1: You got to sing it in there, buddy like that. You can't just float it.
Speaker 4: This isn't Henry Rowan Gardner's mom, you know, Yeah, sure can't float it. Oh, all your hands a billion percent? Can somebody look up? Why this happened?
Speaker 1: Chris? So you've thrown a first pitch before Parker, you've done it as.
Speaker 4: Well, right, Yeah, just see the other day Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons from.
Speaker 1: They were throwing out first pitches.
Speaker 4: I believe they both threw it together, and then Gene Simmons wanted like four or five more by himself to get it right. So, Paul Stanley, I think threw one. Are you allowed to do that?
Speaker 1: Geene Simmons did five? Or six?
Speaker 3: Of a bitch? I would have loved to have done that. Do you remember how embarrassed I was?
Speaker 4: That's my point is why didn't somebody go Jeane enough?
Speaker 3: Because he's the dark lord from what band?
Speaker 1: He just threw four, backed up to the mouth, threw a couple of morehead.
Speaker 10: The best tweet is he has to throw a fifth pitch, but we said no out of respect for Jamie, Jade and Daniels.
Speaker 1: Brilliant. That's the best bit ever.
Speaker 4: So okay, So do we have any explanation? Why was it just he literally wanted to perfect it? Or was there some kind of a bit? Why did he throw it four?
Speaker 1: Fat? Really? Yeah? I think so.
Speaker 10: It looks like they went and had a conversation. He backs back up to the mound.
Speaker 4: And that's Has anybody ever done that in the history of first pitches?
Speaker 1: Four?
Speaker 3: I thought of it. I really do wish i'd thought of it, because God, was I embarrassed by what I did. I thought it was good. Huwk, that's so sweet. You you were standing right there watching me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the goal, is to get it to the person that's you know, waiting for you there and can't take it that serious, giant, Todd, You're not a giant.
Speaker 3: I'm a medium sized hot Did you bring your own?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 3: I did not. I don't own a glove. Oh I had, No, I don't. I don't have a glove. Yeah, I was wearing a con Does that count?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 3: I'm always prepared.
Speaker 4: Your battle buddy, He'll bring a gutter helmet anywhere later.
Speaker 3: Brother, Listen, you can never be too safe these days.
Speaker 1: Gutter. Yeah, you and I will be there today.
Speaker 7: But the Vikings will host the Ravens for two joint practices today and tomorrow, and then they will play them this Saturday at noon, pregame at ten.
Speaker 1: Right here on the fan. Hey Parker, you're young, Yes, Semi.
Speaker 3: I guess if I really really dig a jacket and you can't tell if it's a ladies or a man's jacket, and I know it'll fit me, should buy it?
Speaker 10: Yes, of course, ten times out of ten, Hawk, you got to realize that if you like it and you're gonna wear it, I don't.
Speaker 3: Think it's a ladies I think it looks like a What do you call equal sex? What do you call it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? All gender, yes, all gender jacket?
Speaker 3: Cool with that? Well, you're breathing heavy for you couldn't fit in that?
Speaker 1: Well he did walk thirty steps.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well you're yelling. You know you are some about me making fun of you. You know you talk about that all the time. You make fun of my clothing.
Speaker 1: All the time. It's not bad. Oh, I love it.
Speaker 3: Almost farted really so he shows excitement. That's how I communicated, like an orang a tang. I know I told you I said it was women's Did I say it?
Speaker 1: And I said that, Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, But I don't think you can tell if it's the Ladies unless you know it's Ladies. It is from Marden b and I do think that's a Ladies brand. And it looks like the breast area is kind of stretched out. I need to see that.
Speaker 1: You're getting stronger, you're hitting the bench breasts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's weird sauce complaining about which gender shirt you're gonna buy when he's dressed like a box from the store Tiffany's.
Speaker 3: I can get a tissue out of the top of his head.
Speaker 1: One d percent. I think Teal is your color. You're working at Claars later piercing ears all after dude.
Speaker 6: Say that you.
Speaker 3: Might might as well just pack your bags. He called you a terrible name.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm buying it almost sixty five bucks fun of me. It's a good question.
Speaker 7: Why in my contract I thought I looked nice today. I'm doing this because I'm going to be outside.
Speaker 1: Your arms look good? Not really, you do look like you has some big arms on you.
Speaker 4: My guess is everybody down at the Vikings is going to treat you very respectfully.
Speaker 3: I would agree with you.
Speaker 1: They all hate me, No, they do.
Speaker 3: They all love you. They love him. Everybody loves Saucy anybody.
Speaker 1: But I'm sure they're going to be thrilled with your outfit choice.
Speaker 3: Like like wants to say swarts and make you a T shirt.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, loves you. Yeah, people will be swarts and loves you. He looks at you the same way I look at mouth guitar guy.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, dude, that you got it, you.
Speaker 1: Relief words.
Speaker 3: I care about you, man, I know you don't think I do. By care about you. Just be careful, that's all I'm not.
Speaker 4: Hey, man, I'm I would I'd follow a mouth guitar guy on tour. I'd buy merch, I'd buy a CD. I might just give him a tip this year, I might just give him a twenty and go nice. Yeah, but just get his permission first, all right.
Speaker 7: The links are twenty ninety seven No Battle Excellent Transition Valkyries.
Speaker 1: Tonight at nine pm. Should be good game. Valkyries are very good team.
Speaker 3: They're very good.
Speaker 7: The Golden Gopher football team will battle Eastern Illinois fifteen days from today hogs Daddy at seven pm at Huntington Bank Stadium.
Speaker 1: Pregame at five.
Speaker 3: Let us go football.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's three and a half point favorite? Is forty three and a half?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 3: Game two against Mississippi? Is it old MESSI players?
Speaker 1: Mississippi State State? Mississisipp State is the twelfth of the nineteenth.
Speaker 3: Actually, I'm glad it's not old missus stand.
Speaker 7: They played them? Yeah, September twelfth, and then at six thirty that night, Ohio State. We'll go to Texas versus.
Speaker 3: The problem I have with college football is it goes by quicker than anything in the world.
Speaker 1: It's the fastest season of all the sports.
Speaker 2: Ye, which is why it's good that we waste three weeks on well, sis on cupcakes.
Speaker 1: I love cupcakes.
Speaker 3: That's never never wasted time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, cupcakes.
Speaker 3: I love cupcakes. Sure, not as much as score. Yes, Scory, Scory loved. Remember the wedding you went to?
Speaker 1: You go to eight a bunch of Remember the wedding you went to.
Speaker 4: One and a half. I will say that until my dying breath.
Speaker 1: You got the other half. I don't remember the second gel.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, did you have another half? That?
Speaker 1: Sure? Yeah? Angie was there, probably judging me that I was having one and a half cupcakes.
Speaker 3: You guys seven? She said, you're had seven?
Speaker 1: At least five in my wedding minimum? Why not?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: The cupcake crazy? Your day, man, true man, do whatever you want. Are you having cupcakes at the wedding? Refer to Taylor excellent answer. Maybe there will be desserts, Yeah, hell yeah, just desserts. There's a lot of cake, a lot of cake you wish please? Oh that's all I got.
Speaker 3: That's how you got it?
Speaker 1: Good sports?
Speaker 3: Well, we got sports. We'll come back, you know.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Vikings News. You guys are heading down there?
Speaker 7: Wait, well probably not. I might go buy a new outfit. I don't want to be made fun of.
Speaker 3: That's a good idea. Do you want to do you want to come along and advise you?
Speaker 1: Well, you go to Arden b that's a lady star.
Speaker 3: It is?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no, that's not it. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Right, isn't a singer?
Speaker 1: Cardi Cardinal Cool? You know what the bee stands for?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: Ah Bartholomew more of the Power to the Morning show.
Speaker 4: After this with Parker, Fox and Cardi are following.
Speaker 1: You on the fan from the one eight hundred. Ask Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 3: This that's just wrong Sauce. Wrong by Sauce has some bothersome things in the breaks.
Speaker 1: What'd you say?
Speaker 4: He said, you were just saying things that would get you fired, just bothersome.
Speaker 3: I was not.
Speaker 1: I was being supportive of my friend.
Speaker 3: Which one you Hugh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hugh huge jas. I was being supportive of you.
Speaker 4: He was the greatest Hue of all time? Jackman, Laurie, what about Halfner?
Speaker 3: He's pretty good?
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably Hugh Jackman.
Speaker 4: Who's had a bigger impact on your life? Paul Hugh Heffner or Hugh Jackman. Well, Hugh Hefner, mm hmmm.
Speaker 3: I had a shop teacher, was a big influence.
Speaker 1: On me, isn't that? Isn't that? The Gather was divorced and his.
Speaker 3: Last name is spelled s T I T. His first name is Hugh.
Speaker 1: What do you teach you?
Speaker 3: Didn't you have?
Speaker 4: Didn't you have a teacher whose name was Norma?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: That was his his wife.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were both teachers. She taught the ways of It's weird because she went by a miss not missus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's exactly right. It was a weird thing. Can we can understand it?
Speaker 1: Cover up Jesus? Okay there, I'm fine, man.
Speaker 3: Do you want to Vikings news?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 1: I'm not fine. List of the ways you believe Hugh Haffner has impacted your life? What? Well? No?
Speaker 4: That was me at the show and we laughed. Shout out to that security guary. That's like, dude, you're dumb. You gotta go to the hospital and go okay, wow, yep, I guess I will. Why was he watching you, pe by the way, Yeah, I don't worry about it. Don't asked questions you don't want to know the answer to. Thank you, You're welcome, Ryan Donaldson, Yeah, thanks, Paul me.
Speaker 1: What was your question? It was a list of the ways that you believe you have to has impacted your life.
Speaker 7: I mean the articles. No, I couldn't read till the butt. I still can't read about He showed me a lot of boobs, and boobs are great.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, boy you said it?
Speaker 7: Man, Wow, yeah, boobs are you What did you want my answer to be? Did you want me to have some philosophical answer.
Speaker 3: Cory, you can't. He had just answered your question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't look a gifted horse in the mouth, that's right.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't like gifted horses because they're like, they're in all those advanced classes and they're learning stuff that the rest of us kids are, you know, and you're looking in the mouth. Yeah, why would you look at their brain looking right in the mouth those gifted horses. Yeah, man, be careful of what was the phrase you were trying to say, don't look a gifted horse in the mouth.
Speaker 1: Isn't that the same? Yeah? I think so. It's like be thankful or whatever I've heard it.
Speaker 3: I've never heard that don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Yeah, is a gift gifted gift horse, gift shift. It's don't look a gift horse in the mouth, not gifted. You knew that, right?
Speaker 1: Are you sure?
Speaker 4: Because I've never heard that phrase and you said it pretty confidently that it was a gifted.
Speaker 1: Horse talented horse.
Speaker 11: You've really never heard that?
Speaker 1: No, no kidding, I.
Speaker 4: Don't think so. It doesn't ring a back. It means like what does it mean? Like I say thank you for somebody gives.
Speaker 3: You a horse, don't be like, hey, why you give me this horse?
Speaker 4: I know if I know if somebody gave me a horse, my first question would be is it smart?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Is it abnormally smart? Is it ahead of the curve but it's gifted? Should it be in basic math or should we give it algebra two?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Gifted this horse? Can it figure out a puzzle quickly?
Speaker 14: Well?
Speaker 1: It doesn't have thumbs.
Speaker 3: It's a rain horse. That's how gifted.
Speaker 4: You could spill a bunch of toothpicks in front of this horse and it would know exactly how many it is.
Speaker 3: It does it with its hoof.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's who's how many people think Sauce knew the correct phrase and just accidentally said gifted horse.
Speaker 1: He got really close.
Speaker 3: I think he knew it. I think he's well read.
Speaker 4: Sometimes I say the word wrong on purpose was that one of the times No, I was with you.
Speaker 1: For your honesty.
Speaker 3: Thanks brother, Yeah, you're welcome. I'm Steve. There is a Vikings news you know. Oh, I better hear the thing.
Speaker 1: You're right.
Speaker 3: Time for Vikings.
Speaker 1: Presented by.
Speaker 3: So because I do this because this football season, because I like to wear clothing that is affiliate with my squad. But I have to buy it because they don't give it to me. I was looking on Vikings dot com at the shop shot down Vikings dot com. Corey, there is a twenty twenty Yeah that too. There's also a grilling apron that I think is Darling. Oh, a twenty twenty National Treasures number one seventy Justin Jefferson Rookie patch RC auto card for sale on Vikings dot com. It's autographed, it's got a piece of his jersey.
Speaker 1: Man. There was a lot of words.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a lot, but hey, card collectors know that kind of crap, right, they.
Speaker 1: Know what that means.
Speaker 3: How much do you think this twenty twenty?
Speaker 1: All right? Say it again?
Speaker 4: So that was rookie year, Rookie year, say twenty twenty rookie card. Let's or start with that.
Speaker 1: It has what on it.
Speaker 3: It's autographed. Yep, it is number one seventy, So I don't know if that's love.
Speaker 1: How many do we know?
Speaker 3: It doesn't maybe say it doesn't say. But it also has a piece of his jersey.
Speaker 1: From that rookie year. Yeah. Yeah, so it's got an autograph and a patch from his rookie year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's number thirty five of ninety nine.
Speaker 1: Okay, thirty five again justin Jefferson.
Speaker 3: How much do you think it's for sale on Vikings dot com right now? Shot god, Vikings dot com trying to make you buy cards on the two grand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not Yeah, twenty five hundred. I'd probably go a little less, like six fifty. You gotta get second, uh seven.
Speaker 3: Forty two hundred dollars. Wow, And of course that's what they're selling you for. I don't know if anybody will buy it or not. But uh, I was uh I was shocked because then you scroll down a little bit and there's an autograph, not yeah, autographed rookie Harrison Smith cart didn't have a piece of his jersey, jersey, everything, like just a regular card. How much do you think the autographed twenty twelve rookie Harrison Smith card is forty two hundred dollars for Justin Jefferson. How much you think Harrison Smith was the number two or not?
Speaker 1: Let's see, that might be the kicker, right, there's a whole bunch of them. It's probably way less, but his hand autograph.
Speaker 3: Yees, so there can be a million of them, wouldn't think. But it doesn't say how much.
Speaker 4: I say five hundred, Yeah, that's seven fifty, two hundred to ninety nine.
Speaker 3: Justin Jefferson is forty two hundred dollars. Harrison Smith's one hundred and seventy.
Speaker 4: Oh, buddy, it's got to be the limited verses on the sure, You're probably right, that's probably the numbers cards.
Speaker 10: I'm just starting to kind of it's insane fun, right, It's like a PSA ten, like some rookie card baseball in the eighties will be like one hundred grand, and then if it's a PSA eight, it's like three hundred bucks, like the drop off between.
Speaker 3: It's kind of fun.
Speaker 1: Perfit card. It is really fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, did somebody just come in or leave?
Speaker 4: I think Sauce is going to blow his nose. I'm serious. I don't know though. He just left My guess is he since he's not in your studio, he must be going to find cleanexes or something, you know, in a different room.
Speaker 3: He took them out of here after I after I criticized him.
Speaker 4: It was a hallway sneeze. So you moved the clean xes out of Chris's studio.
Speaker 3: But I'm sorry I was mean to you about that. I really am, because I could tell that it hurts your feelings. But but Corey, I would you have not also thought that he was coming in here to blow his nose just to kind of get his snot in your studio, because he came, but come in here specifically blow his nose in here, and then I mean, it's not like the place in the world, but there's you.
Speaker 2: He has multiple times coming to my studio for the sole purpose of farting.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, well that's different.
Speaker 1: You love it, Yeah, you love it. You told me you like to be hot box.
Speaker 3: You did say that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, by the way, start that show. Oh Jesus, we.
Speaker 3: Knew it was your stench. Bud.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're on the same station as Barrero.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, and he is. He does. It's my favorite show on the station. I love it.
Speaker 4: Mine's fan outdoors just for the Triple T. Yeah, I've listened to Barre every day too. And how have we not had a show called Double Tea and Triple T with Trent Tucker and Tackle Terry Tuma.
Speaker 1: That's five te's.
Speaker 3: That's to be teas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a lot of teas.
Speaker 3: You know what would be good? Is this justin Jefferson, Minnesota, Vikings audographed Rye Dell mini helmet would be cool. It's only three hunder twenty nine dollars.
Speaker 1: I should buy that.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna do that.
Speaker 4: That's one of those things you just put on a shelf behind you if you're an NFL insider.
Speaker 1: It's a good point. Otherwise, what do you do with that? Pella sero?
Speaker 3: I wish I could carry it.
Speaker 4: I bet I have twelve to fifteen things at home that over the years I've I've been you know, given or gifted or handed. And I'm not talking about a horse. It's smart, and I'm like, what do I do with this? Because it's not worth much? It has like minimal level of sentimental value. It's it's not worthless, but it's close to worthless. It's not nice enough to display it's not a good conversation starter. I don't want to throw it away. I'm not giving it the good will. It's like in that really weird gray space where it's like there's just nothing to.
Speaker 1: Do with it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it just sits in a closet and collects dust because I don't know what to do with it, and I'll probably throw it away.
Speaker 1: In do this, do this, do this, do this.
Speaker 3: I do this all the time. I just regift them. For instance, I bought a Josh Damel autographed Transformers poster sweet at the Fabulous Armadillo's Golf tournament last week. Eventually, somebody's gonna ask me for gifts for their Sun of Auction, I'm going to give them Josh Dumel autographed Transformer because it doesn't it doesn't have a picture of Josh jmu It's just his autograph on a poster that I have a giant, giant, beautiful butt grant thing, but grant, but grand no, a butt grant thing that shows his career and it's something that I will regift to another so you can just regivet them to other sign of auctions.
Speaker 1: That's not bad.
Speaker 4: Nine times out of ten when people drop drop off of free stuff here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I don't want that, but my kids will on it. Sure.
Speaker 4: And then I get home and I'll go, hey, look I got for free at work. And I go, no, thanks, and I'm like, well, I guess I have this bobblehead now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, looks like Sauce is getting this for Christmas.
Speaker 1: Oh, I got it's in the parking lot, it's in my cart.
Speaker 7: We all remember one year we all got signed footballs by players who haven't been on the team in ten years.
Speaker 3: I still love the giant jersey.
Speaker 1: Yeah I got, but at.
Speaker 3: Least there was something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, but honestly, I bet I have like maybe a dozen bobbleheads. Some of them are probably kind of bullet but I mean, like relatively speaking, like they're not worth a thousand dollars, but they might be worth like fifty or seventy dollars if I actually wanted to take some time and sell them. And I'm like, no, I'm keeping this Anthony Edwards bobblehead for forty years. We're gonna see what happens. Yeah, nothing's gonna happen. That one too, nothing's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: I got a lady's going with his dog.
Speaker 1: Uh no, I don't have the one with the dog, but he's right next to my Taylor. Heisi bibblehead. It's pretty good. Okay, that's a.
Speaker 3: That's a flex right there. I'll bring you on one more thing.
Speaker 1: I know somebody.
Speaker 3: This is a regular sized, authentic helmet, not that he wore, but it's just a helmet, regular sized, autographed by Adrian Peterson oh, for sale on shop that Vikings dot com. How much you think it is? Do you could do?
Speaker 1: Seven eighty dollars? Twelve hundred said? It's an actual helmet.
Speaker 3: It's an actual hermet, but not warn it's gonna be a real helmet?
Speaker 4: How much an actual Vikings helmet worth by itself? Even those are nice question?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 4: I'd like to have this so autographed by ap Yeah, Viking's helmet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is like what's the thing at the beginning of the price is right? Showy showdown?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 6: Uh no?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: That was it called come on down? When they're just bidding come on down? How do I not know the name of that? Is it name?
Speaker 3: Maybe there's not, But that's what this game is that we're playing right now, closest without going over.
Speaker 1: I'll stick with seven eighty.
Speaker 3: Would you say, saw?
Speaker 4: I said twelve hundred. Yeah, I think it's got to be in the thousands. I'm gonna go uh, I'll go eighteen hundred.
Speaker 3: Is that sixteen sixty eight closest without going over? The actual retail price is twelve hundred ninety nine dollars. He almost nailed it, Saucy, Thanks, Sad you win. Come on up here and bounce those things around.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's what they do.
Speaker 3: They jump up and down right side Bob, and he's trying to not show he's happy.
Speaker 1: Have you guys ever seen man? I hope.
Speaker 4: I think they've talked about this again. I lose track of what we've talked about. Have you guys ever seen a video of Vanna White on prices?
Speaker 3: Right? She's a college girl?
Speaker 6: Mind?
Speaker 1: What a beauty? God? Is she gorgeous girl?
Speaker 3: And she's so young?
Speaker 4: It's yeah, she was just a Yeah, she wasn't famous, hy, it was just a random girl, right, And there it is. It says Vanna right on her name tag. That's about college week or something like that.
Speaker 1: Maybe I think so.
Speaker 4: And she gets called and it's like that is just ten out of ten, I mean, just stunning.
Speaker 1: Vanna White.
Speaker 3: Okay, here's a new one. Here's another one, and this is on on Vikings dot com. This is fun because you know when they got this, they thought this might be something to have. A twenty fifteen signature series football card rookie card of Taylor Heineke for sale right now. You remember h Taylor?
Speaker 4: Yeah, a nice little career, not necessarily with the Vikings been had a nice little career.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Leber loves it.
Speaker 3: How much do you think it's for sale for right now on Vikings dot com. Actual tail price without going.
Speaker 1: Over five dollars seventy two dollars thirty nine ninety nine. I'd say twenty five out the door or through the door.
Speaker 3: Actual retail price ten dollars eighty cents. Sas you're good at this. You're bouncing around on stage again.
Speaker 1: Thank you? Yeah, you love it.
Speaker 3: I do like watch you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, half and half you're gonna come on down, Parker. You ever seen Aaron Paul from Breaking Bad on prices right, yeah, Hilary before Breaking Bad. He's he's not famous, He's just a psycho that cannot believe he got called for price.
Speaker 1: Is right and he loses his mind. Was he like acting at this point? Yeah, but like not.
Speaker 4: I don't think he had booked anything significant, so I think he was a struggling actor in California or something at that time.
Speaker 1: But loses his mind. You've watched Breaking Bad? Yes or no? Yeah? Of course show? Yeah, arguably it's so good. It's a lead. Yeah. Look at the Jesse Pinkman losing his mind running on the old isle. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Here it is tired up, Oh, super fired out. Wasn't the bit they were going to kill him off season one?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Gosh, he's so good.
Speaker 3: I mean it was set up perfectly to kill him, you know he didn't. Yeah, but he was so good. He just they those two were so good together.
Speaker 1: Twelve twelve, he's so excited. Good for him, man life at that point?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Why he didn't know he was going to be a breaking head for him?
Speaker 3: Are you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 15: Oh good?
Speaker 1: He seems like a nice man. Yeah, well good because his last name is Paul.
Speaker 7: No, just he he's a very Every story about him is he's a great human. But if his name was Aaron bartheling you that would be fine. To A name doesn't A name doesn't make the man the man makes the name.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, right, don't work your job, job your work, that wouldn't be great.
Speaker 1: But I don't think ahead. I just think, yeah, you're just talking.
Speaker 3: Hey, do you like Donovan Jackson.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's great. The liber City played really well one.
Speaker 3: That's right, that's exactly right. And here he talks about how they played. Uh and as far as the running game goes, and that he likes all these running backs.
Speaker 14: For us, there really is no change, no whoever's back there. We're trying to make the running lanes as big as possible. Sure, some guys have different attributes in their game, but to us, you know, our our main job is moved the last scrimmage.
Speaker 3: That's right. That's Donovan Jackson. Here's Eric Wilson, who plays linebacker, and he talks about how the linebackers played in preseason game one.
Speaker 13: From top to bottom. I think everybody went out there and it kind of showed what they can do. Different skill sets, but going out there and putting it all out there for everybody to see. So I think the linebackers played a you know, a really good game. Obviously some things clean up, but I'm proud.
Speaker 1: Of those guys. Oh it's called contestants row.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 1: On the press, they don't have like an gamed what is it? One bid, That's what it's called. One bid.
Speaker 3: That's why you get one bid.
Speaker 4: That dog you've never heard Tom use you get one Maybe those are just things that the producer calls it. But I don't know if they've ever actually said that fit on the show. Never like like it's time for day one, right, nobody says that.
Speaker 1: No, why would they? Did just call it? Come on down? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we talked about a young man on Monday. I kind of accidentally put Lieber in a bad spot. I didn't mean too because I was reading Alex Alec Smith is a Alec Lewis Lewis, that's the one, I would say. Alex Smith Alec Lewis's article, and he mentioned Jacob Thomas. And there is a Jacob Thomas who plays safety for the Vikings and a Jacoby Thomas who plays safety for your Minnesota Vikings. They're both rookies, they're both safeties. They're both six to one. Jacoby is two eleven, Jacob Thomas's to twelve, huge bitch, Jacoby's twenty three. Jacob's twenty two, Jacoby played in Miami. Jacob plays that James Madison. Jacoby is number eight, and keep an eye on him today when we go down there, Saucy, because Jacob is number thirty nine and he's splashing like crazy in camp.
Speaker 1: Jacob.
Speaker 4: Jacob believes that it's all about the great taste. Jacoby thinks it's less feeling. Well here the one me, uh, Jacoby, use.
Speaker 1: Relax. He likes diet coke. The other guy likes coke ZEROA nice Yeah, yeah, Jacoby was the Miami guy.
Speaker 3: That's right, Yeah, Jacoby's the Miami guy. He should play James Madison. But again, James Madison, I should say, Jacob is the one that's getting all the hype, and here he talks about learning the defense.
Speaker 15: It was tough at first, I will say that, but these coaches have been amazing, you know, staying around after meetings.
Speaker 1: You know, we had a bunch of Russian meetings. But they're always here to help you.
Speaker 15: And it doesn't matter of the amount of questions that you have, they will answer them and try to help you through it. So the coach have been a big help and the veteran players they've been in the system for a little bit now.
Speaker 1: So trying to get little things from them has been very, very helpful.
Speaker 3: So again, number thirty nine is Jacob. Number eight is Jacoby. And you can tell because Jacobe weighs one pound less than Jacob.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, easy to tell. Yeah, good for you, good for them. Sure, thanks. Rosie gets it, he gets everything.
Speaker 3: Man, that happened?
Speaker 1: Are you there? And if I use locker room is return is questionable? Rosy will be there today?
Speaker 7: Sure?
Speaker 3: Rosi Donald?
Speaker 1: Or are they broadcasting? Yeah? I think every show but us is out there today.
Speaker 3: Well we shouldn't be out there, no, I know, we're too distracting to the players. They like to watch us and look at our jugs, shapes.
Speaker 4: Interesting fan five and a second headlines later. This is the Power Trip Morning show on it.
Speaker 1: The one eight hundred ask Gary Traffic Center. This report is sponsored by Liberty Mutual Insurance