Speaker 1: All the back, marsh are, Marny's here, Oh, Marny only found shore. Oh Marny's here.
Speaker 2: Hi Marsi mar Hi.
Speaker 1: Marn Hey guys, yeah, good to see you.
Speaker 3: Oh, just in time.
Speaker 4: Hoping we can speak about the theory of relativity and a square and plus b square equals c.
Speaker 5: Square the pythagore but whatever, you're close euclid.
Speaker 6: But yeah, my favorite plant, Pythagoras.
Speaker 2: Pa. That's actually useful that I can. I can explain that. Every carpenter listening can explain that.
Speaker 1: Didn't you get too close to the sun? Is that not Pythagoras?
Speaker 2: Wasn't that?
Speaker 6: Look at it?
Speaker 2: That's not pretty exhaust lean on the man.
Speaker 5: It's us how I know that because kid Icarus on Nintendo correct and I know you too well. See, I spent too much time. Great game, tough. It was tough game, though. I'm gonna watch speed runs of it now, of course you are. You know we're doing a radio show, by the way, you.
Speaker 1: Know what It's cool let him.
Speaker 5: We can do the news while he watches Icarus videos from thirty five years ago.
Speaker 2: What do you think that came out? Like eighty seven eighty somewhere in that run.
Speaker 1: He knows because she had the state championship in North Dakota for it.
Speaker 3: Of kid Charis Yep.
Speaker 1: Video game. Okay, you were great at it.
Speaker 4: I played a lot of Mario Brothers on the original Nintendo.
Speaker 2: Yeah you did.
Speaker 3: And then we.
Speaker 4: Got for Christmas when you're my brothers and I got a little Donkey Kong like an individual sort of portable set and help Sure and that was pretty much it. My friend had a Natari, so a lot of pitfall.
Speaker 2: Do you think in November is are gonna play g T A six or not?
Speaker 3: Grady? Grady did? He just said that yesterday. He's on a pre order list.
Speaker 5: Yes, it's it's they're they're making so much money. Yeah, it's ridiculous, just billions of dollars.
Speaker 3: He's going to.
Speaker 4: College, so I would imagine he's going to need some sort of a system there and I don't know, we've talked about that.
Speaker 5: G c U.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Arizona, I'm gonna need more information.
Speaker 4: Arizona Brand Canyon University, Phoenix, Arizona.
Speaker 1: Thank you all the way to come.
Speaker 5: L A.
Speaker 3: In California.
Speaker 2: That's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: What how you guys holding up in the heat? The two you's that don't like heat at all.
Speaker 1: I rode my motorcycle that yesterday. Yes, really enjoyed that a lot. I went out in the country where I didn't get stopped at stoplights because, yes, sitting in a stoplight and heat makes tough, makes you makes you want to.
Speaker 6: Traffic is worse.
Speaker 2: Great.
Speaker 4: So, you know, yesterday we had there were a lot of clouds, a lot of wind, and it somehow, you know, salvaged.
Speaker 3: It a little bit.
Speaker 4: But I was looking at the hourly forecast today, sunshine, sunshine, sun It's like it might be a little a little a little different steamy, a little bit, a little different version of steamy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'm no meteorologists.
Speaker 2: Did you sweat like crazy yesterday?
Speaker 5: Though? You got out there for charity with our friends Jason and Kyle.
Speaker 3: Golfing for the kids.
Speaker 2: Golfing for the kids, great cause.
Speaker 3: Champions for Children, wonderful event.
Speaker 4: I had sunscreen, you know, from a face, and I reapplied multiple times and I could not keep it on my face.
Speaker 3: It was just sweating off.
Speaker 4: It was rolling out the poor Yeah it happens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my butt cheeks were wet. Oh sweat. Thanks for sharing though, Before we do the news quickly. I'm so, let's back up a handful of days.
Speaker 5: Martin's uh take the game of password on Friday out of it right? That was that was unexpected. Nobody saw that kind of a game coming. I don't know what happened. But what's crazy is I think five or ten years from now, no one will remember that common and I beat you and Barb, no one'll that'll just be lost any definitely remember forget the masses. The masses will forget that that we won and you guys lost. But I think five or ten years from now, we will always remember that. You think a walrus is bigger.
Speaker 2: Than an That was funny. I couldn't believe it.
Speaker 3: In my head. I honestly was thinking wooly.
Speaker 5: Mammoth, right, but Wals, so you a walrus is bigger than an em?
Speaker 2: You me?
Speaker 3: I was like, what are you guys talking about?
Speaker 2: The look on Barb's face and she goes, thanks National Geographic, But she's like A Walls. You're like, yes, yes, and none of us understood what was happening. How was Wals bigger than you?
Speaker 1: Really believe that at that moment, yes, but she was.
Speaker 3: Thinking I was thinking about a yeah, yes, because.
Speaker 2: The password was seal.
Speaker 1: There's exactly crazy to share.
Speaker 5: So when the first clue was Walrus, and then I said smaller, and common thought he went from tusks to teeth.
Speaker 2: I meant smaller animal than Wallace. I thought that would get him to seal.
Speaker 5: And then I forget what Barb said next.
Speaker 3: So we were in that realm of we were in.
Speaker 4: We were in animals with tusks, and so I was just talking about a wooly mammo because it's got these tusks.
Speaker 2: And then we were talking about animals that are big.
Speaker 5: Ris is bigger than elephant, and all of us short Sarganta going, has Marnie ever been? Walruses are huge, but yeah, not not compared to an elephant.
Speaker 1: I screwed that up, big t It's okay, it's okay, it happens, it does happen.
Speaker 2: Well, we you know, part did not look real though?
Speaker 5: Today is Marty is this far off on Walrus's We.
Speaker 4: Were, Yeah, we were definitely not. I mean there are times when we are just in a groove and we can we can lob up almost anything, even if it's not a great clue, and the other one saves it and we're like, God, we are locked in. We were nowhere near, but we could have been really good, and I don't think we would have won that game because you in common were incredible.
Speaker 2: He played great all tournaments.
Speaker 4: Yes, great, Yes he did, Yes he did, And that championship game was the best, the single best I've ever seen him.
Speaker 2: He was fantastic. Yeah, he made it easy, he was paying attention.
Speaker 3: Was Yeah, you guys were great geographic.
Speaker 4: Boy, it was fun and thanks to Tennaby for putting that together and really making some great teams.
Speaker 2: I thought, yeah, Sauce, did you hear did you hear? Comment?
Speaker 5: Tell the story yesterday about when you ran into him post. I think at some point you ran into him after the championship.
Speaker 2: I think it was you. Did he not say that? You said something like.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Corey's really good, and he waited for you to say like, and you also did. But basically you gave all the credit to me and none to him. He played so well he called me go on on Saturday, no joke, eight thirty am.
Speaker 2: Oh my Europe.
Speaker 7: Well I thought I thought I was up, of course, but I thought it was like, hey, Brett or Zach or Sam or Max can't make it.
Speaker 2: Tea Green.
Speaker 7: That's why I answered, because I'm like, I got nothing else to do. I can go do it, that's what. And he's like, what do you got? And I'm like, oh boy, oh my god. And then he was like he savaged Rosen. Okay, well, and then he said, I go, god, Corey's really good at password.
Speaker 2: So am I you played? Really?
Speaker 7: He's like I played really well, and I go, yeah, tent was really good.
Speaker 2: And then it was ten more minutes of.
Speaker 7: Well, I'll tell you, but yeah, he and then my wife's like, is common okay?
Speaker 2: Yep, he just wanted to rip at eight thirty in the morning. I'm Saturday.
Speaker 6: He's just empty nester right now.
Speaker 2: That was what was his way to tea Green.
Speaker 1: Somebody called me one time on a Saturday night, I think I have at like ten forty five am, and I obviously I'm still asleep. I was so angry. I wanted the world to end. I was so angry.
Speaker 5: See that's fair game.
Speaker 1: I admit it. But like I I sleep until I can get up when I can until you know, until I have to get up on mornings when I can sleep. And I didn't have to get up that day. So I didn't set an alarm, I might still be asleep right now.
Speaker 5: What time do you normally go to bed though, like on a Friday night time, if you don't have a gig.
Speaker 1: What time are you going to bed Friday night? Then I don't have a gig. I'm probably in bed by ten yeah.
Speaker 2: And still sleeping until ten. No. No, I'm okay.
Speaker 1: You know my body will wake me up when when it's ready to wake up. But it's a great joy not to turn on alarm totally.
Speaker 5: But but now my circadian rhythm is so locked in. On a normal Saturday, if I have no alarm, set night, don't set an alarm unless I have something that I have to do. I'm still up by six, maybe six thirty at the latest.
Speaker 1: So grateful that I don't have that problem, I really am. I I I couldn't sleep as long as I am allowed to sleep.
Speaker 6: Do you sleep in a room with windows?
Speaker 1: Here's the thing, here's the thing. I have a sleep mask, all right, yeah, okay, yeah, right exactly, yep, so I would so in case somebody comes in, I act like I'm robbing them, you know. But I my friend Tom Spiccola owns this beautiful, beautiful cabin up in Brainerd and I stayed there after Wednesday night's show in the Thursday morning, and uh, there's one particular part of the place where there's no windows, and I mean this. If I slept there, I might sleep for twenty four hours.
Speaker 2: I had a darkness retreat Aaron Rodgers are, I.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't even know I was in a darkness retreat. I would sleep the whole time. Yeah, people wake me up and say, how was it, I'd be like, I'll know what you.
Speaker 2: But you would feel great. I feel great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, I love sleeping.
Speaker 3: What do you guys do with your ringer on your cell phone?
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't have their. Mine is always out silence. It's always on silence.
Speaker 5: I'm always on no kidding, always what.
Speaker 2: Who's gonna call me?
Speaker 3: No one texting?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but like even who's going to text me? I mean honestly, hello your trip ef first?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that thing could go off at any hour of any date.
Speaker 2: That text group. I do have silence.
Speaker 6: I have that.
Speaker 2: I have that individual silence.
Speaker 5: Well, there are definitely times I looked down on my phone and it'll be like thirty seven messages and I haven't heard one of them because it's just because.
Speaker 7: Here's the message we got on that at twelve twelve last night.
Speaker 1: I know that one did wake me up.
Speaker 7: I guarantee the original Peter Lambert has way better areolas.
Speaker 2: Your uncle truly has beautiful nipples. That was on the text Champa that this morning.
Speaker 1: It was from a I'm not gonna say it was. I'm not gonna say who it was, but he's got no legs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but those could come at five in the morning, could be a weekend, could be a weekday. And I love that that group text, I truly do. But I haven't silenced it yet. But I'm thinking because my my kids have now gone into the age of new driver's license, maybe needing a ride home, maybe starting to.
Speaker 3: Dabble into other.
Speaker 4: Things now that we've graduated high school, and I am starting to sleep with my ringer on.
Speaker 3: But I never used to it because my kids were watch in the house.
Speaker 4: I don't sleep with my watch on, yeah because it Yeah, it's a long story.
Speaker 2: But.
Speaker 4: I have never slept with my ringer on until the last year or so.
Speaker 3: And that's the one that I'm.
Speaker 4: Like, all right, efforts literally the tris group, I'll catch you.
Speaker 3: When I get up.
Speaker 1: You know what, I am, uh as much as I can sleep very long, I am a light sleeper because I realized that I have to turn my phone on its face because if it's facing up and I get text, you know, I have to light the light will wake me up.
Speaker 7: My phone goes silent and eight pm, like, do not disturb at eight pm?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but there's nothing better than like if you send.
Speaker 5: Somebody like sausage text and says delivered quietly, and then they gives you the option to send it anywhere. I'm like, no, this guy is hearing this. I'm lo, y wake him up. He needs to see this.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was like, do you want it to wake him up? Yeah? Yeah, And then he goes, what's going on?
Speaker 2: I go, Hi, can wait until tomorrow. I'll see tomorrow, Daddy. I miss you, man. Yeah, one hundred percent.
Speaker 5: That's exactly why I do it, Mars, even though my little one's twelve, I just just I just need to know that if she calls, I hear it. In fact, I get kind of because she's only had a phone now for a handful of months, and I'd be like, I just called you three times, she'd be like, I had my phone on silent.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you're twelve.
Speaker 5: The whole point of giving you a phone is access to you, so I know where you are and I can check in on you.
Speaker 2: Don't silence your phone. And she said the same thing. I can't sleep if it's time. I'm like, God, why did we get you it? Then she's notice and what is she getting alerts for?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: I mean every one of her friends. All they do is text.
Speaker 7: The entire generation.
Speaker 5: Yeah, their entire generation communicates digitally. They don't talk face to face.
Speaker 2: They haven't. They haven't seen each other since kindergarten.
Speaker 4: Called the rip rosa talk about his password trophy.
Speaker 1: Yes, you know, I'm not gonna don't worry, sus I promise some won't say name. Saus tells me all the time people he gets calls and texts from, And I think to myself, why in the straight hell don't you block them? Yeah, like crazy tells you so much.
Speaker 7: I got a text message the other day that said, I find your behavior offensive.
Speaker 2: And you have no idea where its front it is, and I just it's a number. You don't know.
Speaker 7: It was at like eight thirty on Saturday night and I'm like, huh, and I was We've been out and I'm like, did I say something?
Speaker 2: I like, everything's Is it just one of those spam ones?
Speaker 7: I probably one of those families get you to respond, right, that's right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: And when I deleted it or it might be my burner phone. I mean, I've said some dumb stuff in my life, Papa.
Speaker 2: He was pitching last night for Houston.
Speaker 4: This is so funny because we had the Twins game on and when his picture profile came up with his name.
Speaker 3: Matta the same thing.
Speaker 4: Hey, somebody in the shirt up, somebody screenshots it and oh in our group chat, Hawk.
Speaker 7: Offered to uh, look after people yesterday. Yeah, yeah, I'll sit those my business again.
Speaker 5: Paul Lambert like a British soccer player or something.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of Scottish. I think there's a famous athlete though nam Lambert coach something like that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there's also a Paul Lambert here in this company.
Speaker 2: Sure I've gotten this bonus. Sure, whoops, he makes good money.
Speaker 1: Did he ever get your bonus?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 7: No, but thanks to you too, I get one.
Speaker 5: No that Peter Lambert got let go so OMC could play the iHeart Music Festival a time.
Speaker 1: I can't wait for that to happen.
Speaker 2: Yep, front paidon not front paid sports? What does it called? Fan five? That's next with Sauce.
Speaker 1: Thank you, say Paul Saints. They played baseball today. I'll give you all the information on that rep baseball. Hey, it's Chris Hockey the Power Trip Morning Show. It's a big old country out there, and you want to see it is when Sauce does Fan five doing it right now?
Speaker 2: It's time for a fan five on the Power Trips. The Minnesota Twins beat the Astros.
Speaker 1: Five stock start again.
Speaker 7: The Minnesota Twins beat the Astros five to four.
Speaker 1: That's better, thank you.
Speaker 7: Thanks went seven scattered four hits and he had seven strikeouts.
Speaker 1: Isn't he that accurate? John The Twins.
Speaker 2: Roughed up Astros pitcher Peter Lambert.
Speaker 7: For four earned runs. Same two teams today at seven to ten. Joe Ryan goes for your Twins. Johnny beans Bone.
Speaker 1: Wait, wait before you say anything, Johnny beans Bones, I want to know what love is that? And about a great named person, uh because in this SoundBite, Chelte talks about Victor Carratini.
Speaker 8: Huh yeah, I mean two walks, home run, did a really good job behind the plate. I mean took the hit where he hit the ball, that's big boy, lamb, you know, I mean off the bat, I was like, hey, I just got to get over his head and it got out of the ballpark. But a nice homecoming for him, I mean, because he did a nice job when he was here.
Speaker 2: He had a nice career in Houston.
Speaker 8: So anything, I think anytime you come back and you know, you get two walks in a homer and catch a game like that, really happy for Vic.
Speaker 1: Tell me about Victor Tarantini.
Speaker 6: Victor Carrottini is a guy they signed in this offseason as a quote backup catcher, but also maybe they thought he played with fair amount of first base and he did early in the season. So the first multi year free agent deal the Twins had given out since Carlos Korea, like the first three four years, and it was a two year, forty million dollar contract something like that. He's been the full time catcher or the primary catcher ever since Ryan Jeffers went down. He had a miserable April and May. He has been on fire since June first, and yeah, I had a monster home run yesterday, Shelton said, oh, he took the hit that was a foul ball tip off of his wrist. I think that I was glad to see he was able to stay in the game.
Speaker 3: There are other places you could take a foul ball.
Speaker 6: Experience, is correct? You know. I think if you would have asked me in April or May if that was a good free agent signing, I would have said, no, that's not a really friend. In fact, I'm not sure they want him around for two years, even though they've got the second year on that deal. And now it's looking a lot better because he's bounced back and bounced back in a big way. And yes, he was with last year, he was with Houston, So for him to be able to do that and come back and to his former team probably felt pretty good.
Speaker 1: I like that you were wrong.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, thank you for honest.
Speaker 2: You will do that.
Speaker 1: I don't do that ever.
Speaker 7: Well done, Yeah, well done. Christophe's Porzingis oh No signed a two year, forty million dollars deal with the Warriors. The Warriors time to put together a super team with Lebron, Steph Curry and Anthony Davis.
Speaker 3: I mean, would that that would be a super team of names. Yes, but I mean the.
Speaker 7: Age I mean, and when was the last time Anthony Davis played?
Speaker 2: Is Butler still there? No? He but he would be.
Speaker 7: A piece they would move for Anthony Davis because they have similar salaries.
Speaker 1: Anthony.
Speaker 4: I mean, that would be an all time accomplishment team and maybe they might have a little left in the tank for a minute.
Speaker 3: But I mean, is that that's a serious Yeah.
Speaker 7: Right Corlis, Oh yeah, they're going for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're gonna try. Yeah, see if it works. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So so this this is something that really looks like it might happen.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because Draymond yesterday opted out of his deal that freed up like twenty seven million dollars.
Speaker 1: Does he ride dragons?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 7: And Butler makes like fifty eight million. He would be part of it. Other than Steph Curry. The roster is they have nothing. I think the highest guy probably makes like well poor singis but before that kicks in probably fifteen million dollars, so they have a ton of cap space. But they would add lebron as like the mid level exception for like fifteen million.
Speaker 2: Could you that's what he would play?
Speaker 1: If you the Harrison Smith thing where he doesn't play until like twenty games left in the regular season.
Speaker 5: I don't think that's in his nature. Yeah, he makes to run up the scoreboard. Yeah, he wants to score as many points.
Speaker 1: See I mean at that age your knees man, right, I mean.
Speaker 2: He plays thirty something minutes a game.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the last year was the lowest of his career, but still it was like thirty three minutes.
Speaker 4: Yea ad is probably the one you need to wrap up and bubble wrap more because Lebron has been actually surprisingly durable and still able to play a lot of minutes in a lot of game. I mean, good question, because it makes sense. He's forty one, I think, Lauren right, so it makes sense, but he's he's still somehow durable.
Speaker 6: Who was trading for Jimmy Butler in his fifty million dollars price tag of Washington, Say, Lewis scrubs.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, well we don't want most thanks TLC.
Speaker 2: We'll play well.
Speaker 3: I said that before he came out of your gen.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, let's locked in in twenty twenty four? How many games? Ah? Wait, this is not great, Bay your time?
Speaker 1: Well, what just happened?
Speaker 7: Hold on in twenty the twenty twenty one excuse me. The twenty twenty twenty twenty one season, he played forty six games. Twenty twenty one, twenty twenty two season, he played forty He played a total of like.
Speaker 1: Anthony Davis ad, Oh my god, when did he come into the conversation.
Speaker 2: That's what we were talking about.
Speaker 6: The point a lot of games.
Speaker 2: He's hurt all the time. Sorry that that turtle doesn't care.
Speaker 7: Let's see here, the Memphis Grizzlies are trading two time NBA All Star Ja Morant or John Morant to the Portland Trailblazers for Jeremy Grant and Chris Murray.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good luck Portland.
Speaker 7: The definition of buying low because nobody wants but our what's his face is now the head coach Mike and Nory is the head coach on a one.
Speaker 6: Years to try and deal with.
Speaker 3: Oh, if Jo can survive this flurry here by how.
Speaker 2: John or job sadie away? Okay?
Speaker 4: If he can decide that, you know, I need to get my s together and play basketball and be keep everything else clean, He's still.
Speaker 3: An excellent.
Speaker 4: And the Portland Trailblazers will be way better off.
Speaker 1: Can he dribble with his left hand and have his a K and his right.
Speaker 7: Not like.
Speaker 3: I don't think the legal I don't think they'll go for that.
Speaker 1: Why is the man holding them down?
Speaker 3: I know?
Speaker 2: Were you surprised that they pulled the trigger on this trade? Do a gun pun? Oh?
Speaker 1: God?
Speaker 7: Do you think that Portland trailblazers now were locked and loaded?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: You did it?
Speaker 2: Can he do too? Though? Can he do to go? Do you think the Portland trail blazers are now strapped? No? Strapped is in? They got their glock right? No, I got that too, basically.
Speaker 3: Did a third without even be apps. Thanks chorus man, he's fired.
Speaker 6: The third one wasn't not fast food related?
Speaker 7: No, I forgot about that. Oh let's see here. Your lengths are fifteen and four. They will battle the Liberty this Friday at six thirty. They are very very good, and Bony thinks they're going to get the FISA Collier back.
Speaker 2: Is that accurate, marns I have. I hadn't heard that until John Bonis said it.
Speaker 3: Well, he has our wnba.
Speaker 5: I had not heard that at all. But Johnny Bones broke that thirty minutes ago. I supposed to not break that thesa.
Speaker 2: I don't know, let's stay here.
Speaker 4: Well, the league has basically the week off while the Commissioner's Cup Championship.
Speaker 3: Is tonight tonight the.
Speaker 4: Aces and the Liberty, So maybe that's the rest, the last final rest she needs and then they play Friday.
Speaker 5: According to Bring Me the News, the headline says, possible hint on the Visa Colliers links return was a false alarm to go.
Speaker 2: Do you have a links website? Bonus?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: What do you have against them?
Speaker 6: We used to do a fair amount of links covered John Zone coverage, but we don't anymore. So I would love, I would love to have a women's sports website period links.
Speaker 3: What's holding you?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 6: Bandwidth? My bandwidth?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Are out?
Speaker 2: This is for you.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you a question before you asked me that question. Why do you think a website about movies wants to know how old I am?
Speaker 2: You need help?
Speaker 1: You know it's weird. It's about back to the future. It's like, what are you going to write about back to the future? Did they actually get it on and I didn't see it?
Speaker 2: You wouldn't have missed that.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Ahead, this is for you, Hawk.
Speaker 7: The NBA free agency begins tonight at five o'clock.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been thinking this through for the last two weeks. It seems that there are agents who need to be said free. So I'm hope, I'm hope. I'm all for free agency.
Speaker 7: The US will battle Bosnia in the World Cup tomorrow at seven pm. The loser goes home.
Speaker 3: But we're already here, are we favored?
Speaker 2: Yeah? They are favorite. Yeah, it's easy for the you. I think.
Speaker 1: What happens if they if.
Speaker 6: They tie shootout shootout, if they tie John after ninety minutes the regular time they play two fifteen minute that's not even sudden death, it's fifteen minute, you know, overtime, Yeah, overtimes to see if they can settle it exting those two they have a war and then they then they had the shootout, which yesterday a couple of favorites, two of us those shootout.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Paraguay beat Germany one one on TV kicks they really and Moroccos did the same thing in the Netherlands. It was a one to one tie. But ned they Yeah, they move on.
Speaker 1: I put on my in fact, I'm officially homeless.
Speaker 2: Now. Of course you gambled on it, do you know you don't care. You know who loves the World Cup?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 7: Probably guys Mel Gibson. Yeah, Mel yells during the World Cup.
Speaker 1: Bit on the Yeah, he doesn't cheer for some teams.
Speaker 5: Wow, Consco six for six? Quickly before we go to break, if I say the team that played yesterday, can he go six for six on the continent this country is on?
Speaker 2: Yes? Let me tell you this six and you tell me that he can go six or six?
Speaker 5: Brazil, Brazil, Japan, Paraguay, Germany, Morocco, Netherlands.
Speaker 2: Can he go six for six?
Speaker 6: Nope?
Speaker 2: Now you think he's going to miss that one? Yes? That one?
Speaker 1: That one's no, there's no chance, Marnie, Yes or no one or two?
Speaker 6: That man might be an issue.
Speaker 4: He's smart and he's a good friend.
Speaker 2: People like him.
Speaker 5: But you're gonna say no, I don't think so. That's okay, right, Let's this is tough. Brazil, Brazil, Brazil is in the layups.
Speaker 2: But we'll see Brazil is in. Where is Brazil? That is the question. Which continent is Brazil? Oh, that's easy. Everybody knows that one Brazil is in? Uh Brazil. See yes, that was supposed to be one of the layups. This is yeah, Brazil is in South America. Okay, there's one Japan. Uh, where's Japan? That is absolutely still.
Speaker 5: The question, Well Asia to Germany. Germany is in Europe, Netherlands. Netherlands is also in Europe.
Speaker 7: Morocco that is in Africa.
Speaker 2: Africa. Final answer, Yes, sir, Paraguay that is also in It's a question, what was it? What content is Paraguay on South America? He went six for six and none of you. Again, I can't believe Brazil to the longest that I was thinking, but super.
Speaker 3: Firm it was Brazil.
Speaker 2: Brazil wanted daddy song. You went six for six. There's only one reason I put the sound bite in. I might as well play it once in a while. Sauce.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that I would get paired by.
Speaker 5: Vikings us when we come back. And this is a tease for Rabbit. This is a radio tease when we come back. Look, you know, isn't it fair to say that a lot of people uh talk behind other people's back here at I heard yes, I mean like we right, we just go in the We just go in the room and rip right, this is what we do.
Speaker 6: That I'm gonna go around there.
Speaker 2: This is when we come back and do Bikings news. It's a good reminder of you. You still always got to be careful who.
Speaker 5: You tell and what you tell them to, boy, because you never know how something might come to the surface and burn. Man, it almost got really really dicey. We'll talk about that after this. Power Tae won't show on the.
Speaker 9: Fan from the one eight hundred Ask Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 3: This report is sponsored by the new Samsung game.
Speaker 1: Yeah Marketing at Cafe dot com. Email them say, hey, I wanted to run spots on the pouch at morning show. Marketing at CAFA dot com. I want to use Chris Hockey to endorse my product. Marketing at Cafe dot com email him today. Oh, I'd be more than happy to have your product.
Speaker 2: I'm sure.
Speaker 1: I'm sure it is. What now they listen to the Power Trip, so they must have stuff.
Speaker 3: Like you would need a protein bar right right here?
Speaker 1: It's my favorite protein bar or drake A surf said, I love.
Speaker 2: Just love it up.
Speaker 1: It comes organically. I'm on stage Atlake's cham What time will that be? Nope, it was last week. Oh and halfway through my set, a dude comes to the very front of the crowd and hands me like the lord holding out his fist a four pack of surf side, and I grabbed it and I consumed one right there on stage, and I said to myself that Marnie, she's a liar, but she lying about this.
Speaker 2: And it went down. So it was so good.
Speaker 3: They ain't got no bubbles, no bubbles. I had no troubles, none at all.
Speaker 1: I didn't burp at all.
Speaker 3: Yeah you could, you could chug and sing. I did no problem with the surf side, singing two surf sides yesterday and it was so good.
Speaker 2: It was so.
Speaker 1: Ice cold chugging singing.
Speaker 4: Surfside is also going to be at Lakefront Music Festival in Prior Lake.
Speaker 3: That's fun a couple of weekends with along with iHeart.
Speaker 2: They are the iHeart Festival.
Speaker 4: Speaking of music, and I would love if somebody just handed Keith Urban a four pack of ice cold surfside while he's singing.
Speaker 3: Let's see what he does.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he chugged on what he Chris Hockey, You chug it if he knows what's good for him.
Speaker 5: Dang right, Hey, do you guys remember when Lieber said he once went to the Mall of America with his wife or whatever. But he pouted so much that she basically never asked him to go to the Mall of America.
Speaker 6: Again.
Speaker 2: Yes, right, because he was just he just he grenated it on purpose, so we never had to go back story.
Speaker 3: That's a smart move.
Speaker 5: Chad Abba just sent me a text that said, unbelievable tease that has half of the building sitting on the edge of their seat.
Speaker 2: Now, so he didn't like my te's that sarcasm.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 1: He wasn't sarcastic.
Speaker 2: That was sarcasm. It was no I know, Chad.
Speaker 5: He would never text me a compliment that sarcasm, which means that I see I try to do a tease. He didn't like it, which means that's the last one I am. Ever, Yes, Chris, he.
Speaker 1: Said half the building was on pins and needles. Four people are here. That means only two people are on pins and needles.
Speaker 2: Him, Barb, I don't think.
Speaker 5: And he's not in the building now there is watching soccer highlight.
Speaker 1: He's on pins and needles about something else.
Speaker 3: It's kink.
Speaker 2: You like, exactly, puncture. Let's see a Viking's news. Because I tease the hell out of it, I got to pay it off.
Speaker 7: It's time.
Speaker 2: Presented by coach.
Speaker 5: Okay, so the professional radio teas that Chad Abbott didn't think was very good. I basically said, look, you gotta be careful who you say what to and whether or not you can trust them, and you never know how it's going to come back to haunt you. Right, who knows pro Football Talk dot com and I read the headline is the Diana Rassini traffic stop body came emerges with no FaceTime to any NFL coach. Right, we heard that a couple of weeks ago that she may have FaceTime with a coach during a traffic stop.
Speaker 2: Right, So that didn't happen.
Speaker 5: But here's here's Mike florio story and the end of it is the reminder of man, this could have been really, really dicey for koc if it had gone a couple of different directions, but it sounds like it didn't and it might have been lucky. Mike says, never let the truth get in the way of a good story. As it turns out, Diana Rossini didn't FaceTime an NFL coach for help and getting out of a ticket while texting and driving she claimed she did during a February segment with the Stugatson Company radio show. Her anecdote was mentioned at the outset of last week's lengthy article in The New York Times her former employer. The bodycam video of the Diana Rasini traffic stop has now been posted by Adam Herbert something called Center Square.
Speaker 2: Don't know what that is.
Speaker 5: It's a seven minute, ten second video that includes the entire traffic stop, and at no point does it include a FaceTime to any NFL coach.
Speaker 2: Here's where it gets dicey for Vikings fans.
Speaker 5: So Rassini says to the officer, I'm an NFL reporter and I just broke that Sean McDermott got fired from the Bills, And that's what I was just sending a tweet. I was going to pull over because I have to make calls. I know you don't care, but I just wanted you to know my reason why. So she's she's admitting I was texting while I was driving, or I was tweeting while I was driving. But I'm going to be fully transparent. That's what I did. Absolutely I was tweeting. But whatever officer says, obviously you were on your phone for a while. I understand you've got a job, and then Rassini says, quote, you know who I was on the phone with Brian Dayball. He wants the job, name dropping. That's a little weird. I know, that's pretty bad.
Speaker 2: What is the officer supposed to get like that?
Speaker 3: But then adding that little.
Speaker 2: Caveat almost like, hey, isn't this cool? I'm giving you inside football information.
Speaker 5: This must be awesome whatever, So that judge, Diana all you want in that bit.
Speaker 2: But here's where it takes a little twist.
Speaker 5: Then she asks the officer, well, are you a fan of the Giants of the Jets, And the officer says, well, actually I'm not a fan of either, and Diana says, what is your team?
Speaker 2: Officer says, I'm a Vikings fan.
Speaker 5: Unfortunately, oh then we but here's here's where, here's where speaking of pins and needles, here's where I could have got really bad. Rassini then shows him her phone and a text exchange with Vikings coach Kevin O'Connell. But she didn't FaceTime O'Connell. She simply simply showed the officer her phone. But then she also added regarding the Vikings, their quarterback sucks that's her opinion. Can you imagine if, in a seven minute and ten second bodycam footage that gets released, if it had been like some text exchange where Kevin O'Connell's.
Speaker 2: Like, our quarterback's trash. I gotta get rid of this kid.
Speaker 5: Like, can you imagine, Like that's if that's how this whole thing falls apart, is some random you know, Diana Rassini traffic stop and all of a sudden the whole thing unravels and JJ finds out that is I'm not saying that Kevin O'Connell feels that way, but that's how close theoretically this might have been that if the text exchange with Diana Rasimi had been.
Speaker 2: Like, Jesus, this kid, I can't do it anymore. That's why we signed Kyler. We got to move this kid. This kid's terrible.
Speaker 5: So she thinks JJ McCarthy sucks, right, But it didn't come from KOC necessarily.
Speaker 2: That was close shut out.
Speaker 1: Of the ticket.
Speaker 5: Yes, because at the end of the story, the officer eventually returns and says, I'm going to cut you a break on the cell phone. I understand your job requires you to be on the phone a lot, just wait till you get home, Okay.
Speaker 2: And that was that, no ticket, no FaceTime. We move on with the world.
Speaker 5: We got back on her phone and did some face time later, just with a different coach named Mike Rabel, who correct, yes, yes I am. Everybody is, so were you. Most of the time.
Speaker 3: It just doesn't get any better for her. She can't the other way.
Speaker 1: It's tough, man, this one.
Speaker 5: She kind of brought on herself, right, Like, how about don't show text exchange with coaches, don't name drop coaches. If you want to just play the honesty card, just go yeah, it's part of my job. I was totally on my phone, absolutely, Like I apologize. You don't have to name drop and say what you were doing. Just say it's part of my job. And I should have pulled over.
Speaker 7: And then when you when you get pulled over for texting and driving, put your phone down.
Speaker 5: But don't you want to tell the officer you just were talking to Brian dave Ball.
Speaker 3: Can anyone be doing this in my shoes?
Speaker 2: He's a guy. It's like the guy at the Emerald City. Well, that's a horse of a different colors, you wan, Like, I mean, is that what she thought? I think so name dropping is the worst.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would be name dropping.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was to get out of a speaking tickets.
Speaker 2: You know, I am.
Speaker 1: Nobody reports in this to except for me.
Speaker 5: All Right, one final serious Diana Risini question. And I know we've floated this a couple of times since the Ian Never Seeing Mike Rabel stuff came out. Do you think between now and September the NFL is still nervous of what she is capable of doing in terms of if she has some sit down and it's a tell all. Do you think the NFL, Oh, yeah, is secretly like that's a lot of pub for us, even though it's scandalous. That's a lot of activity for us, A lot of people talking about us or are they like, man, I.
Speaker 2: Hope she goes away.
Speaker 7: And I think, as Florio tweeted yesterday, it's a lot of pub for them now and it's the slow part of the year, right, So I yeah, I think they are on talk bones.
Speaker 2: What do you think good or bad or somewhere in the middle.
Speaker 3: I mean, Sauce is probably right, but man, that's just.
Speaker 4: To think that that's how you're looking at it, Like any pub is good pub does the NFL doesn't doesn't need it.
Speaker 3: No, man, we're talking about it.
Speaker 6: There's a lot to protect the shield going around in the NFL.
Speaker 1: But I on the other side of that, for me is the idea that with the way information makes this way around the world right now, there can't be anymore we would know about it by now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good point.
Speaker 1: I just I don't think it's I don't think it's possible to hide things like that for very long anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good point.
Speaker 5: Don't forget they they be And the Patriots opened the season at Seattle on Wednesday, September ninth, Right.
Speaker 2: They are the first game of the year.
Speaker 1: I think they report camp on the twenty first of July, twenty two days from today.
Speaker 2: I think you are correct, so if about that.
Speaker 5: But here's here's the part where Diana might say, like, you don't. You might think you know the whole story, but you don't. Right, She's the one that quote has lost everything, right, she doesn't have a job, her reputation has been dragged through the mud.
Speaker 2: Mike Vrabel is still the coach of the Patriots' that's weird.
Speaker 5: If if if, if she's like this is just so unfair, Why am I the one that's taken all the heat and he isn't. What if the week of September ninth, she's like, I'm going to tell the entire story and he's going to look as bad as I am. Yeah, right, Like, I'm sure the Patriots and Rabel are fearing that even if the quote NFL is not. I'm sure he's like, please, please don't, please, don't take me down with you.
Speaker 2: Although maybe she won't see what she wanted in the beginning, but I don't know.
Speaker 7: What if she comes out and says Mike is the father of our second son.
Speaker 2: I mean that would be unbelievable, right, like that is?
Speaker 5: Yeah, then I hope Netflix is halfway through that documentary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 4: Do you think the NFL knows all the details? Maybe and is maybe musitioning itself accordingly, because if the NFL knows all the details, they have to be ready for whatever's going to happen, and whenever she reveals all, if it's really bad of that, then they if and if it's really bad for Mike Rabel, then they have to be ready for exactly what you said it has to be. If it's week one and it's bombshell and it looks bad for Mike Brabel. Then doesn't the NFL want to get ahead of it and maybe leak at themselves and get Rabel out before the season starts?
Speaker 6: Right, So I'm in the Patriots, mate, I'm not show much the NFL cares.
Speaker 5: If the Patriots have Patriots, Robert Craft right of all owners to have to not be in a position necessarily quote judge. But the difference is this is not just about infidelity. If that was the case, almost everybody in every industry would be fired. This is about like the releasing of information.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: It's like, was Mike Vrabel just constantly giving her information that he shouldn't have been? And are the Patriots mad about that? A different owner might be furious, right, Robert Craft is Really it's pretty lucky for Mike Vrabel that that's the guy that's that's running your organization.
Speaker 2: Hard to have to say, yeah, we can't do this, we got to clean house.
Speaker 3: What about the court of public opinion?
Speaker 5: Well that's why when Sauce Furs is like, I think he's going to get fired a couple months ago, I'm like, I think you're right. I think this is going to keep going south for Mike Vrabel and I don't think he's going to survive this. But it's it is calmed down so much that unless she blows it up, I don't think he's going anywhere, right, Yeah, I think it's cal him so much.
Speaker 4: Yes, it has, But that's what I'm saying. What if it gets stirred?
Speaker 5: Maybe right, But she's the only one I think I could start at this point in details.
Speaker 6: It would it be the same if he had an affair with somebody else accountant.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: No, it's definitely that that she was getting information about moves and trades and drafts and things.
Speaker 2: It's maybe right.
Speaker 5: That's how the world works and we're not dumb, right, But yeah, it still looks bad though, who knows.
Speaker 2: I mean, some of us are dumb, not in this room. Not in this room.
Speaker 3: Six for six, sir, Well, then.
Speaker 2: A nice little tip of the cap. Thank you football season. You feel like I paid off that tease appropriately or not?
Speaker 6: For the last one?
Speaker 2: Last one? Yeah, I want me to prove it. Power your morning show back after this On the fan, we did a.
Speaker 9: Fan from the one eight hundred ask Gary Traffic Center. This report is sponsored by the new Samsung Galaxy S