Speaker 1: This is Rover's Morning Glory. Rover have some responsibility us. I'll call on Charlie. I got to talk due man Jeffrey. Don't think guys would be a little disting screaming on Roverradio dot Com.
Speaker 2: Rovers Morning Glory starts now.
Speaker 1: Morning. What's happening?
Speaker 3: It is Monday, August seventeenth, twenty six.
Speaker 1: Good morning, It's Rover's Morning Glory. I'm Rover. Duty is here.
Speaker 4: Good morning, sir.
Speaker 1: Charlie is here. Hi, Stincer is here. Amen, Crystal is here. Crystal is here. Hang on, Crystal is here. Believe it or not?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Hi, my bi and mister Jeffrey al Rock is in the firebox.
Speaker 2: Yo.
Speaker 1: Yo, you're with us as well. Eight six six yo.
Speaker 3: Rover is the number eight six six nine sixty seven six eighty three seven.
Speaker 1: That's how you reach the show. Give us a call at that number.
Speaker 3: You can text us at that number that comes into the studio in real time. You can also text the word menu to us that let's see set your name, profile, picture, location, even make a video call into the show.
Speaker 1: Just text the word.
Speaker 3: Menu to eight sixty six nine sixty seven six eight three seven. We'll get to your email here in just a moment. We have a lot to discuss today. Let's see here, let me pull up the email. As a matter of facts, give me one second here.
Speaker 1: Out Gail.
Speaker 3: Keith rights Mojo in the morning.
Speaker 1: He's a guy that's on in Detroit. He was talking about the.
Speaker 3: Radio boot camp and one of his cast members brought up hot wives at the boot camp, and Mojo did mention your wife was beautiful. Oh, maybe there's some swinging in the future. Perhaps there's some wife swapping.
Speaker 1: Maybe who knows's hot?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, you'll do. She's so harny for just about how wasn't she?
Speaker 1: I can hook you up? Maybe I think he's married? Isn't he that? What does that matter? When has that ever stopped the guy before?
Speaker 3: Andy writes Neil Rover, the wife and I are celebrating our tenth anniversary on the shores of Lake Superior. In these ten years, she's gone from not being a fan to buying me at all MG plus subscription for my birthday, to tolerating you, to not spending a day without you. You've shared our lives on the show, with our emails, of our flying squirrels in the house, to our vacation in Nashville. It felt fitting to buy this bottle for the celebration of ten years to match our candle. Let me see what is the ah there? It is a bottle of oove nice champagne. I know we're nerds of the show, but who cares. Also, we visited the Split Rock Lighthouse, and being from the area, we take great offense of the crash that Jeffrey takes some kind of credit for. Why because he is in the general Great Lakes area. The Edmund Fitzgerald is a Minnesota story, nice dry pal whatever pale.
Speaker 5: Unfortunately, this ship sank took all its crew with him on the out of Gail Storm in Lakespeare on a tenth of November nineteen seventy five, and he's still are trying to figure out what caused the ship to think of there's a lot of theories. One of one was this cargo hatches were not secured properly. The ship was loaded more with more weight debt it was designed to carry. So it was a couple of factors and unfortunately twenty nine crew member lost their lives, and a couple of them more from the city that I lived in, from around the Ohio area as well.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, there you go out. Oh so you do take ownership of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, like I said, it was one of it was.
Speaker 5: It was a maritime disaster that brought up updated a lot of the safety protocols for ships of that.
Speaker 1: Size and what they do. Rizzo rights, you're Rover.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, but I just cannot handle you talking about the temperature that your house is at. No red blooded American male should ever be able to be comfortable in a house above seventy two degrees. People get heat stroke, and a seventy eight to eighty degree house.
Speaker 1: Nobody's heat stroke. Give me a break.
Speaker 3: Come on, something is seriously wrong with your blood circulation. Your body is not functioning properly at all. Hearing you say an eighty degree sauna house is not an emergency, it's lunacy. Eighty degrees is not an emergency. How does your wife survive? No one should have to suffer like that in America today. Thank God for the power grid. Well, my wife is exactly the same as me. She's in fact, she's cold more often than I am. We're perfect couple, David writes Rover. Please tell Dougie to stop calling yours and hers weird stomach issues a food allergy. You guys don't have food allergy. You go into anaphyl access and die. But she's trying to describe as a food intolerance something that causes gas, diarrhea, digestive discomfort, etc. Please look it up. This has been bothering me for years. And yes, you can develop an intolerance or an allergy to suit certain foods or proteins out of nowhere. But you guys do definitely not actually allergic to anything. I know, I'm not allergic to anything. This is something Doosie's come up with. She makes up all this stuff. What are you allergic to?
Speaker 1: Guacamole? You're allergic bread?
Speaker 6: She says, bread, and pasta's pasta. I found gluten free pasta and that seems to be okay with me.
Speaker 1: This is all in her head, this gluten.
Speaker 6: So do you want to sit next to me while I'm crapping my brains out on the toilet?
Speaker 4: Tell me if it's all in my head.
Speaker 1: It has nothing to do with gluten, though.
Speaker 4: I don't know what it has to do with.
Speaker 6: There's something and I when I eat bread that makes me poop. Tim right on mondays there's something in garlic that when you eat garlic it makes you poop.
Speaker 1: It's not an allergy.
Speaker 3: Well, could I mean that you could eat spicy stuff and I could go right through you.
Speaker 7: And we like allergy slightly allergic to spicy stuff.
Speaker 3: Yes, no, No, that guy was saying there's no allergic reaction to that.
Speaker 1: That's just as he said.
Speaker 5: I ate a bowl of special Ca cereal that goes right through my sys like a goddamn waterfall.
Speaker 1: That's why I avoid it. Yeah.
Speaker 7: He does mention the special K a lot, and did he come up with this or is this from No?
Speaker 1: I think this is legit.
Speaker 5: This is it's legit because I remember a long, long time ago I would eat Special K like five minutes.
Speaker 1: Later, I'm on the toilet. That's no joke.
Speaker 4: You might be allergic to milk.
Speaker 1: No, it's not.
Speaker 8: It's not the milk, Dougie. I think it could be something in the cereal itself. I think it's the milk because I drink milk on occasion. You do, Yeah, did you ever eat like ice cream?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I have no problem with ice cream.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's the fiber and this it's the first time he gets fiber something yeah, special, K does it to you?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: Tim Wrights on Monday's show The Rock said that limiting his sayings was a work in progress.
Speaker 1: Is that is one of his sayings.
Speaker 3: By the way, you can tell he really worked on it by using this saying thirty two times last weekend that was with a day off.
Speaker 1: Because Rover says he says the same things over and over.
Speaker 3: He does understand that work in progress in this situation means trying to get better at not saying them right any who. He said once, take it under advisement, once, my friend, once whatever, funny like I said, okay, and work in progress each of those twice. I tried, dude three times along with thank you very much. Yikes, and that's all I got to say about that. Also three times it's highest said saying last week there you go four times and.
Speaker 4: He wasn't even here all week.
Speaker 1: No. No, But it's a work in progress.
Speaker 3: Nicole writes Rover, if you were not going to follow the Lindsay Clancy case, I really don't think he should be having such bias when talking about it. Okay, whatever is to come next is probably ridiculous. My best friend and I have been following this case. Some other facts that have recently come out. Patrick and his new wife. Now, this is the husband of this woman. If you're not following this, like me, I'm not following it. It's this woman who killed her children and then tried to kill herself by slig wrists and throwing herself out the second floor window of their home. The husband returns home, finds the wife laying there, runs inside, finds all the kids dead. She's paralyzed from the waist down. She's on trial. She has a journal of all of her depression and all of the meds she's taking, and all of the various symptoms and whatnot. And I've said, I really believe that this woman was going through a mental thing of this postpartum psychosis. I feel bad for this woman. Sounds like she tried to get help a couple of times few what she called a suicide hotline twice. She was going to a psychiatrist or psychologist whatever. It turns out that she basically had no experience whatsoever. She just I think it was like her third week on the job as a psychologist or psychiatrist or whatever she was. Anyway, Patrick and his new wife that's this woman's husband at the time, who has now since they've gotten a divorce, he has gotten remarried already. This all happened about what three years ago were these kids killed, He's gotten remarried as a new wife and a new baby.
Speaker 1: Patrick and new.
Speaker 3: Wife ran a marathon a few days before the murders. The new wife was seen wearing an exercise band tied in a sailor's knot, the same knot that was used to murder the kids. And then two weeks after the funeral, they went hiking, and she left her review saying it was their third year agoing, which would put them hiking in twenty twenty. I don't know about you, but hiking wouldn't be a first date sort of thing. Come on, husbands are notorious for killing their family when something better comes along and they don't want to pay up.
Speaker 1: This is from Nicole in Rochester. Nicole, and this is a conspiracy. I don't know if any of this stuff is true. This is a conspiracy theory that you have. Why would if this were true? Why would the defense? Why wouldn't they They're not bringing any of this up, are they? They're not saying that this guy had anything to do with it. In fact, they've said quite the opposite. They say, we fully admit that she killed these children. They're not pinning the blame on the husband at all.
Speaker 3: So why are you weren't your defense attorney if you were in this situation, wouldn't he be exploring all avenues of.
Speaker 1: Working on your case and getting you an acquittal.
Speaker 7: I saw some video over the weekend of like this family at some sort of I don't know, an aquarium or something, and they're like, look what a monster he is because she had like the three kids and he was standing there watching and that was the video.
Speaker 1: What a monster?
Speaker 4: What does that even mean?
Speaker 7: Oh? So he was just he was watching what like kids, He was watching his kids, but he wasn't actively like holding their hands or anything. And they're like, look at how tough she had it. She she had to wrangle all three kids. And it's like a twenty second video and you're like, I don't know what the show.
Speaker 3: That's just a normal like you see this interaction every single day from parents.
Speaker 6: And I was on a flight and I don't think I did I tell you the story. I was on a flight and there was a guy in front of me, the dad who had noise canceling headphones on.
Speaker 1: Good for her.
Speaker 6: And then to the right it was the mom with three kids and that's great. The baby was like, they're all three kids were annoying and she had to do everything. And she would say, little Johnny, use your words. You got to be a big brother and you got to help little brother, and you can't. We can't understand. And the guy did absolutely nothing. Kids all losing their minds. The husband sat there with his noise canceling headphones on, didn't do anything. I'm like, what are you doing? Why aren't you helping your wife? He's just like not a care in the world. I wanted to tap him on the shoulder.
Speaker 3: He's got his other carres in the world, like paying for everything that they're doing and paying the mortgage and putting food on the table and making sure the car insurance is paid.
Speaker 1: That's what he's worried about.
Speaker 7: There.
Speaker 4: He just sat there and just la la la, la la la. It's terrible.
Speaker 1: Now, where is all this info coming from? Charlie? Like where are I?
Speaker 7: Just on Twitter? And there's no explanation, Like everybody knows this feeling being a married, single mother that, so they're saying that she was basically single that this guy was not.
Speaker 1: And I was like, what is this video?
Speaker 7: And I didn't even know who it was about because it kept coming up, but I was like, what is this video? I finally watched it and read the comments and it was them, and I was like, Oh, that's it.
Speaker 1: I was expecting something to.
Speaker 7: Some sort of something that horrific was going to happen, and it's just the guy standing there.
Speaker 3: Jordan says, on Friday night, I had to call my I had to call a welfare check in on my crazy baby mom and my two year old because she was blowing up my phone and she made a comment that said, quote, have you heard about the Lindsey Clancy case. It's real and it happens. Is that not a direct threat toward my daughter?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I wouldn't. I wouldn't. Yeah, I wouldn't gloss over that by any stretch. Yeah, that's that's insane. Peter says, my girlfriend works in the psych words. She refuses to watch any more of this case. She says the lack of action from her doctors is the cause of this. The fact that she reached out time after time, thing was done is criminal and she can't follow the case anymore.
Speaker 4: That is true, she was reaching out for help.
Speaker 3: Cindy says, Lindsey Clancy's defense starts calling their witnesses today. Okay, but the husband was already on the stand the defense cross examined him. Did the defense make any accusation about him being the real murderer or him being behind the whole thing? Oh so, I don't know where these these are just I hate to say it to Nicole or whoever emailed in, this is just board housewives, on board stay at home moms who are grasping at straws and conspiracy theories like they're going to crack this case and they're just making crap up.
Speaker 7: It's just I don't know who's time to watch all eight hours of a trial every day.
Speaker 1: These people, they don't have jobs. They just sit and watch this all day. And I'm just telling you, the defense would be bringing this up if this were if there were anything to any of this.
Speaker 3: Sophia says, were over the other day, I emailed in that my husband was memorable because he was bald, and everyone on the show acted like bald men are common. Look around, there are a lot of balding men, but not a lot of bald men.
Speaker 1: Bald is a bold, confident look.
Speaker 3: Most men are afraid to shave it all off, no matter how stupid their hair looks. Next time you're in a crowd, I challenge you to look around and count how many fully bald men you see.
Speaker 1: It's not many. I'm always going to count one me. There's like four in this building. Yeah, salespeople.
Speaker 3: Shape also PSA to all men, Sophia says, women, notice you're balding.
Speaker 1: You're not fooling anyone. Shave it all off and embrace the look. No matter how bad your head shape is, it won't be as bad as you're barely their hair. Yeah, a lot of guys do hold on to that hair.
Speaker 3: Look at Donald Trump, if you ever look at his hair, it is really strange how he I mean, he does not have a lot of hair, but it looks he's just let this. He's let it throw so far out the few strands that he has, and it just swirls it around basically his entire I don't really understand what's going on. Is he just totally bald in the middle? You think yeah, you think so?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, that's that's that's yeah, yeah, that's why he sound. But I don't really get the whole process. So I know, I've seen like diagrams of how it's done. Yeah, I still don't really understand it.
Speaker 3: Now I know that he The theory is that he got a wig or something. His hair did certainly poof up. There's there's he got a lot more hair overnight. So I'm not sure exactly what's going on with that. But now at some point you do have to you have to give it up a dog, right, Good morning, Rover, Charlie Schnitch, Lar Crystal even yes, Dugi. I came across this headline over the week and I went to myself, Now, what would Rover be doing on my newsfeed?
Speaker 1: A promotional piece? Maybe?
Speaker 3: Wait, what bees? And then I realized it's not Rover. I had to click on the button to find out more.
Speaker 1: But I here it is.
Speaker 7: Let me see. Oh wow, bald guys are rare, so it's crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Cambridge Man's invention is saving bee hives around the world.
Speaker 1: It says, well, good for you saving the world man.
Speaker 3: Always you know, me and those bees, always trying to save them. Derek writes, I was listening to your episode when Dougie purchased her menopause bracelet and thought, hey, maybe I should sell these, figuring these were probably drop shipped or at a minimum ordered in bulk from China at a very low price.
Speaker 1: So I did some digging, and.
Speaker 3: I just wanted to say, Dougie, you just spent over one hundred dollars and something you could buy right now on Ali Express for ninety nine cents. If you wanted to buy these for me in the future, I'll only charge you forty five dollars and it's buy one, get three free.
Speaker 1: That's great. There you go. Oh my god, is this exactly what you bought?
Speaker 4: It hasn't arrived yet.
Speaker 1: That's the ring and bracelet for ancense, all right? Oh my good, And you just spent one hundred and twenty five dollars. It's exactly the same thing, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Alsie, don't make judgment.
Speaker 6: I did clean I did clean out a lot of my house, and I found.
Speaker 4: So much crap, so much stuff. I'm like, haw, where did this come from?
Speaker 1: So all stuff that you've bought in the past.
Speaker 6: And stuff I have a whole section of crap that I've put aside that I'm going to shake weight I found. I don't know where I found this. I threw a lot of weight stuff out. I found a thing of makeup that there was this lady, that this mom who used to have an addiction to buying expensive makeup, and so she would buy stuff and then give it to others. I found makeup that was one hundred and forty dollars, never opened. It was just in a drawer in a pile. Like I got a lot of crap. I feel like Rovert trying to clean everything out.
Speaker 3: Speaking of that, Dave wrightes you were over when you moved. Did you to Medina? Did you clean out your basement at the time? Have you acquired lots more crap since then? I did clean, of course when I moved, I start fresh. But what happens is some stuff from work ends up in my basement. So when we replace, like a computer system at work, for instance, ends up in my basement. When I buy stuff, the box ends up in the basement, or the thing that it replaced ends up in the basement. You go, I don't want to throw this out. It's got some value. Maybe I'll do something with this at some point. So that's what ends happening. I have so much crap in the basement. It's out of control. It's given my wife anxiety, hog rider x rights.
Speaker 1: Searching Google is no longer searching.
Speaker 3: What I mean by that is searching Google used to be just a search for a link to a potential answer among many answers.
Speaker 1: I don't use browser base search anymore. I use Gemini. Now the search becomes a logical, intellectual digital conversation with answers that recorded, that are recorded for the future reference until you delete it. It's also antisocial because it's smarter than your friends. Hey, I will give you a BJ just because he asked for it, and your girlfriend won't remember the movie Demolition Man, the virtual reality sex between Sylvester Stallona and Sandra Bullock.
Speaker 3: That's no longer fantasy. Now dousually can find the perfect match. This might make a good discussion for the show. He says, I just watched that movie over the weekend. Actually, Demolition Man. That's great, did it just like pop on TV? And you know, I got the projector out. We're watching the Bankyard. Oh, I'll get the projector out. Yeah, I haven't seen that movie in years.
Speaker 4: But like I ever saw it. What do you mean, I don't think I ever saw it.
Speaker 7: We have to freeze Sylvester Stallone so that you can fight Simon Phoenix in the future twenty thirty one.
Speaker 4: Who's Simon?
Speaker 1: Wesley snips, Oh.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's a master criminal, but he gets thought out in the future and the only person that can fight him is somebody back from his past, Sylvester Stallone.
Speaker 3: And do they ever explain why the only person that could fight him is from the past.
Speaker 7: The world has gone too woke and everybody's soft, yes, nobody. None of the police have guns or anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And there was a quote that one of John Spartan's work coworkers, you know, a Helicopa.
Speaker 1: Said, because Simon Phoenix is an old.
Speaker 5: Fashioned criminal, to fight an old fashion an old fashioned.
Speaker 1: Cop, you do, and one that doesn't play by the rules, and he goes and he goes.
Speaker 5: John spartan Center book just remembers, like from the history the demolition Man, because he didn't play by the rules were over and every time he try to rest Simon Phoenix, he blows up, something blowing up, and the Mayor's always breathing down his neck.
Speaker 3: Well, uh, and they don't have sex in the future, dusual, not real sex. Fact till he comes on the into the picture, he shows well, now, Sandra Bollock is very upset. She says, let's have sex, and he starts getting ready and then she's put the headset on him and they're supposed to virtually have sex, and he throws it off and just tries to make a move and she's disgusted.
Speaker 1: Absolutely nobody does that. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, five years from now he has twenty thirty one. Yep, I think twenty thirty one, thirty two.
Speaker 3: We are actually heading toward the direction, actually, just not quite at the pace that they thought. Probably not going to get there in five years, but anything's possible. Crazy just says we watched The Long Walk on Saturday night. My husband has pissed off.
Speaker 1: He said, that's two hours of his life that was wasted and I'll never get back. We didn't tell you it was great, so it was okay. It's okay. Charlie didn't like it. It's it's an okay movie, all right. I've got to take a break.
Speaker 3: Our number is eight sixty six yo Rover eight six six nine six seven six eighty three seven will be right back.
Speaker 1: Hang on.
Speaker 3: Next time you look at a paste up and wonder where all those tax deductions go. Just remember Jeffrey la Roque, You're a sample.
Speaker 2: It's rovers morning Glory.
Speaker 1: The USGPA says, speaking of Netflix, we watched the Shipwrecked documentary. It was great.
Speaker 3: I don't understand why you said it was boring? Which one is that shipwreck? Did I say was boring? Shipwrecked? Is that the poop cruise one? Or is at the one in Italy the Costa concor.
Speaker 4: I didn't finish that. I might have said it stopped. Is that the one that.
Speaker 1: Italy? The cruise ship that? Yeah, you didn't like that one?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I thought that was pretty good. What's wrong with that?
Speaker 4: I was just bored by it?
Speaker 1: All right, you've been on cruise ships. I would have thought that you would be.
Speaker 3: I do love a somewhat interested, because everyone thinks that when you're on a cruise ship, it's like being on a plane.
Speaker 1: You think, what do I crash?
Speaker 3: You get on a cruise ship, you go, what if this thing sinks out of the middle of the ocean?
Speaker 1: Like you think about that kind of stuff.
Speaker 4: I did watch over the World on Friday.
Speaker 6: I watched this movie called The Drama with Robert Pattinson and Zendema.
Speaker 1: Do you see that? Anyone says no, no, If.
Speaker 3: It's isn't they in there? I'm I'm Robert Pattinson. It doesn't seem like a movie. I would Albert Patterson's pretty good.
Speaker 4: Now, he's fantastic.
Speaker 1: You're missing out if you're not watching Robert pattinson movies.
Speaker 4: Not just Edward Cullen. He's got a Plathora.
Speaker 7: I've never seen The Twilight, so I don't know what.
Speaker 1: He was the Twilights, every single one of those anyway, So what what is this movie called?
Speaker 6: It just was It's called The Drama, And it was a really good scenario of they're hym and Zindaia. And we did this in the news because it caused a lot of controversy the topic of what the problem was.
Speaker 4: They're getting married.
Speaker 6: Right before they get married, they all sit around the table and say, what's the worst thing you've ever done? And they all confess. And when the when Zendaya's character says what she did, what do you do?
Speaker 4: Do you get married? Do you still follow through?
Speaker 6: I can't believe it was that awful that you're you're going to marry her.
Speaker 3: So that was I almost have to give us a spoiler alert. I can't even comment on the movie until I know what she did.
Speaker 6: What she Well, this is a spoiler alert. And it wasn't the news because it was so egregious by.
Speaker 1: The way, and probably in the news.
Speaker 3: Just means that whatever movie company seeded that in there was some fake outrage stories or whatever.
Speaker 1: Why would that, Why would it? Why would they be in.
Speaker 6: The news, I'll tell you because it was about school shootings. So the female is and I can't say her name properly, Zendaya.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure what it is. So she confessed will be a better name. I just somebody should let her know. Then die is better than Zandaia. But anyway, go on.
Speaker 6: She confesses that when she was in high school, she was bullied and she planned a whole school shooting out and even brought the rifle to school.
Speaker 1: Well, she didn't do it.
Speaker 4: She did not do it, and then.
Speaker 1: Otherwise she'd probably be in jail, I guess.
Speaker 6: Oh, and then she turns into an activist for gun control, so that's the whole.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, what a misery movie this is. This is horrendous.
Speaker 6: Oh do you marry if? If b Too planned a school shooting?
Speaker 4: Do you marry her?
Speaker 1: What happens in this movie?
Speaker 3: Let me guess they still they get They go through with getting married, and then they they start some sort of the crusade and they go around personally stopping school shootings or anybody who has the thought. They fly to your house and they parents were immediately counsel you.
Speaker 6: Like parents were people that were all part of school shooting scenarios were really upset, like why would you do this?
Speaker 4: This is just your profiting.
Speaker 3: Off of Okay, But you could make that same argument for anybody killed in a car crash. If there's a movie about a car crash. You can say that about terrorist attacks. If there's a movie about a terrorist attack, I mean, what movie.
Speaker 6: What do you do if you find out the week before you get married that be Too brought me to school and was going to kill people, had all she was part of a whole gun culture, the dark web?
Speaker 1: Uh huh? What do you do?
Speaker 4: You still marry her?
Speaker 1: It wouldn't give me a little bit of pause. Second, yes, yes, I'm marrying a nutcase.
Speaker 9: It would.
Speaker 1: But she didn't go through.
Speaker 3: If she doesn't go through with it, and now she's turned over a new leaf, I guess.
Speaker 4: But you're capable of bringing the rifle to school.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then that does make you wonder, like, wait a second, if we ever got into one argument, yes, that's gonna be She's gonna come in and shoot me in the yes, while I sleep.
Speaker 6: That's what That's what the movie is is how do you?
Speaker 4: How do you wrestle?
Speaker 6: And then what the other characters, what they did is their worst confession.
Speaker 4: I thought was pretty interesting too. I thought it was a good movie.
Speaker 1: Hmm hmm. What's the worst thing you've ever done to she? What about you? If you were sitting at that table, I.
Speaker 6: Tell you everything here. But I stole watches from Marshall Fields. Do you know what the Marshall Fields is? You ever heard of that department store? Department store? What cookie?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, no, no, it's close, Yeah, department store.
Speaker 1: It's her husband, Marshall. Is it same as Marshall's different? I think that's different.
Speaker 6: This was a long time ago. Yeah, I stole Uh. I used to steal watches. My best friend and I went in to see if we could do it, and then we never returned it.
Speaker 4: I think that's pretty crappy.
Speaker 10: Okay, high school Okay, And you said watches, So how many times?
Speaker 6: How many watches I took too? She took to I took to the watches? No, because those were locked up. They were like in the case.
Speaker 1: These how much where the watches were?
Speaker 4: I don't remember. It was so long ago.
Speaker 1: But I always felt say, the worst thing you've ever done?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I never.
Speaker 1: Never's like, no, maybe we could make a documentary about you returning four watches to Marshall Fields to get feel better about yourself.
Speaker 4: What's the worst thing you've ever done?
Speaker 1: It probably went out of business, right because of those watches, those four watches.
Speaker 4: You stole a lot of stuff.
Speaker 3: I did steal stuff, Like I didn't go in and actually steal stuff. I would scam stuff from companies. When I was a kid, I would I would say that I was I would say that I worked for a This was before the internet. Could you could you could verify all this stuff.
Speaker 1: But I would say that I worked for a computer publication or radio show or TV show, and we want to do a review about whatever. And they would send their stuff out to review it, and then they usually never asked for the stuff back and it was just essentially yours just to keep.
Speaker 3: Obviously, no review ever took place. And then sometimes they would follow up and they would You're always sort of yeah, coming up with a few excuses because they would go, oh, can you can you send us that that review, the copy of that review that you did, or or if you said there was a TV or radio show or something, they'd be like, oh, can you send us the episode? Well, you never had anything to send them, so you always had to have some excuses handy. Before you could change your phone number, like you know now you can change your phone number at the drop of a hat. Back then, it was like your phone number was your phone number for life. I don't know anybody that ever like changing your phone number. In the eighties and nineties.
Speaker 1: This was something that I think you had to go and like potentially in Congress to do or something. It just it just didn't happen.
Speaker 3: So like like sometimes six months later you get a phone call and you pick it up and it was somebody like, you know, from six months ago that they're wondering about whatever happened with the review of something. Huh, you were confused, Yeah, it was a I don't know if that was the worst thing I ever did.
Speaker 1: Maybe. I mean, let's see, I did shoplift from shoplifted from Kmart, just some CDs, ah.
Speaker 4: So stealing and scamming, yeah, I mean some.
Speaker 3: People some people might say that, uh, dating Dougie, well that is indeed criminal in itself. But dating Dougie and then and screwing her friend, maybe that was Is that the worst thing I did?
Speaker 1: I don't know. You would probably say so.
Speaker 4: I could think of a few things.
Speaker 1: Well, what's the worst thing you've ever done, Jeffrey?
Speaker 8: How did you get arrested for picking up hookers?
Speaker 1: That?
Speaker 3: It's one that that's hard the top. I like that, that's just clean, simple.
Speaker 1: Everybody knows exactly what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: No long winded explanation like me in the computer review stuff.
Speaker 1: If it was clean, but uh snit's what's what's what about you? Worst thing you ever did? It's probably gonna be stealing? And would you steal? I mean, why broke into somebody's house? So maybe that got arrested arrested breaking into the house? Yeah, I mean I never went anywhere because they called my mom, so some dn e though, Yeah, I mean, did the cops show up at the house or did this Was this after when somebody was after the mailman turned us in? Oh? Really? Yeah, so I was climbing into the window. Oh you did this during the day? Really well? Smart?
Speaker 7: Was it somebody you knew you were stealing from? Like a friend quaintance? I stole a Discman camera? You remember the things the flat cameras? Remember the things disc Man camera?
Speaker 5: I don't if I remember that I had one of those, because some of the pictures that I took on to the high school. I have whole clutching of pictures I took with people, like when I from when I was in high school.
Speaker 1: I had one of those. Yeah, the the negatives run like a circle thing, remember that? Yeah, look like a view master kind of thing. Yeah. And then we ate other food too.
Speaker 4: Did you clean up after yourself, Charlie?
Speaker 1: You played video games there? Anyway? My first thing he ever did.
Speaker 7: Charlie, I don't think I've really done anything that bad. You guys are wait worse than me. I don't think I've ever really I don't know if I've ever stolen anything.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, I feel bad about this to this day.
Speaker 7: Is I prank called some I thought I was gonna prank call this kid and his mom answered, and then she thought I was And apparently the kid was saving a sleepover with another guy. So I pretended to be the kid that was sleeping over her son, and she believed it. And I kept saying I didn't feel safe and I need to go home, and I'm lost in the woods and uh or something. I don't remember exactly so long ago, but I remember I gave her the address for a like an empty lot across the street from me, so that I could watch out the window of her the distraught mom looking for her son, who she thought was dying.
Speaker 1: That was pretty messed up.
Speaker 4: That's worse than stealing a stupid watch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 4: Do you ever tell her? Did you ever apologize?
Speaker 1: She figured out the next day when the kid came home.
Speaker 9: Oh, boy, that you have been messed up, taken into police custody numerous times, But those that you don't consider that necessarily.
Speaker 1: Anything bad that you did. That was more like, well, you just got caught having a good time essentially. Yeah, what do you mean. I'm just I didn't I'm not accusing you, I'm just asking.
Speaker 3: Oh no, Yeah, some people would go, oh, that was the worst thing I ever did. I got a rise like Jeffery, he got arrested for prostitution, prostitution, for soliciting a for prostitution.
Speaker 7: But soliciting a prostitute, I mean, there's a victim there. I don't think any any of the time I've ever been arrested, there's no victim.
Speaker 1: Crystal. What's the worst thing you've ever done in your life? I don't know.
Speaker 10: There's so many to choose from, but I'm definitely stealing. I stole a sticker when I was in high school, and I felt very guilty about it from clayers of all places.
Speaker 1: Uh that I did feel.
Speaker 10: Bad about because I was old enough to know better, and I still took it anyways, trespassing, you know, I love to go into abandoned places, so that's illegal. But I would say one that really sticks out was in high school, I took a friend of mine's virginity. I took his virginity and he was dating someone at the time that I knew. Yeah, so, and years later I actually apologized to her because I it still weighed on my conscience and that I just know she definitely found out, Yeah, and find out I felt that.
Speaker 1: Well, of course, I'm sure I gabbed.
Speaker 10: About it, and you know, rumor got around and she knew.
Speaker 1: And I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 3: That normally, if you if you screw somebody who is dating somebody else, you can keep that to yourself.
Speaker 1: Right, Why loss of virginity? He's gonna be telling everybody.
Speaker 10: Yeah, we're all tight circle of friends. So, and she was younger, and I was like, ash, she's younger, who cares? She was like a freshman or something. I was like, I don't care about her. And then I mean, I did feel bad, so I did apologize though, m.
Speaker 1: All right, what was the name of that movie?
Speaker 4: Douche the drama?
Speaker 1: The drama? All right, it's pretty good. I don't think i'd watched that probably, but I think I know sort of the whole. I guess I don't know the ending. Did he stay?
Speaker 6: You don't know what the other people? What theirs was? They confessed.
Speaker 3: Here's a let's see, here's what is this? Travis says. When I was in high school, I was part of the nerd group. My friend group passed around hacking tools for computers. We had a tool that could take over someone's keyboard, CD room, et cetera. We took over a friend's keyboard, sent him to a gay porn site, and his mom had to walking on keyboard and mouse or deactivated so we couldn't scroll away. She sent him to gay camp that summer. And what is gay camp is? Is day camp four gays? Or is that where it's like a gay conversion thing where they're trying to get you to go straight again?
Speaker 1: Oh, it's probably a conversion thing. Yeah, so you had to sit there and be prowdbeat by religious people all day long. Yet the other gay camp he'd probably love. Yeah, exactly. Here's a speaking of being in high school. Check this soccer game out now.
Speaker 3: I'm going to pell you a clip here on rmg TV, which, by the way, you can always load up for free at roverradio dot com or with the Rover Radio app on your phone, your tablet or your TV. Is there any audio to this? I don't know if there's any d Yeah, that's just kind of the crowd. So there's a the soccer game is going on, and you're.
Speaker 1: Gonna watch it.
Speaker 3: I watched this a couple of times trying to figure out what really prompted this kid to go crazy.
Speaker 1: But they kick.
Speaker 3: You know, he's kicking the ball, and this other guy comes up tries to take the ball from him. It doesn't appear to be a huge collision or anything, and the the kid just uh, the one kid falls down and the other kid just starts kicking him in the head and then just gets on top of him and starts raining blows, just starts punching him in the head.
Speaker 1: And they're calling for a lifetime ban. I'm the kid who did this. Yes, a lifetime ban. Yep, really, a lifetime ban from from high school sports.
Speaker 6: Yes, this is awful behavior. I haven't seen it, dude, because I was. I watched the video like ten times because I was really upset because a lot of the people that my daughter hangs out with their soccer players. So I can only imagine if one of them had this happened to them. I think I would be out there running to go kick some ass.
Speaker 3: This is the This is in South Dakota. It's the Bobcats versus the Cobblers. And here you can watch this here. So this kid's gonna kick it down the field here pass here he gets uh oh, pushes he pushes them. The kid and white pushes. The kid in red kicks and then just starts paunching them.
Speaker 6: Right in the face, kicks them in the head, and then puns.
Speaker 3: This little kid comes over and just jumps on that guy.
Speaker 1: We'll the enforcer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, but he's the smallest enforcer in the world.
Speaker 1: It's I mean, he's the smallest guy in the field. And he runs over and jumps on that guy.
Speaker 4: Look at the port who is as character he.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he's out of it.
Speaker 4: He's like, uh, this is so much like that's just a horrible thing.
Speaker 1: Why did he do that just because the guy pushed him a little bit? Well, he didn't push. I can't figure this out, Like, I'll go back and I'll show this to you. I cannot figure this out. What led to this?
Speaker 3: So the one kid in red kicks a long pass. The pass gets intercepted by the kid and White who's the puncher?
Speaker 4: Here comes Red there.
Speaker 1: He is right there, like, what what happened? He just stop a little bit.
Speaker 4: No, he puts his foot out to stop the ball. That's it.
Speaker 7: I mean, none of this deserts getting punched. I'm just trying to figure out where why he's mad at all. I guess he got, Oh, I hate that kid. How old are they?
Speaker 1: High school? I don't know how old they are, but it's high school.
Speaker 4: Fourteen to seventeen, don't after a varsity or not.
Speaker 1: This kid who got punched, he's Does.
Speaker 4: This happen all the time, kicking and punching?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, not in soccer, not only in sports, but just in high school in general. I mean, this was an everyday occurrence in my high school. Somebody was getting beat up. You just hoped it wasn't you. You know, in sports now they can't kick you off the team obviously, and they you know, so maybe you're behaving a little bit better.
Speaker 1: But I still don't know exactly what said that guy off. Maybe there's something more egregious than I can see.
Speaker 3: It doesn't appear to be. Who knows what happened earlier in the game too. Maybe this was been brewing for a while. But a lifetime band you think is is in order for this kid? Du you think he should never play high school sports again?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 6: Absolutely, you don't. Clearly, I don't know what's wrong with you. You don't want your kids acting like that in high school? No, I get it, I understand, and I just I hate to you know, kids are so stupid. I just hate to ban a kid.
Speaker 3: If you want to suspend him, I have no issue with that, but to say he could never play sports ever again, Oh, all sports, not just soccer.
Speaker 1: Right. She almost a lifetime athletic band for this kid. That's just going to lead to it. He's just going to start doing this all the time though, He's just going to keep fighting.
Speaker 6: Well, look at the rage that popped up just because that kid with the red shirt he was able to stop the ball. That kind of rage. What's going on at home? If you have that kind of rage, you might want to look into that.
Speaker 3: No, not necessarily if somebody, if somebody wrongs you, or you think you've been wronged or somebody.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Obviously this kid thought that this this tackle as they call it in soccer, was was you know, unnecessary or potentially dangerous or whatever. That doesn't mean that you have a What does it have to do with being at home? I mean, you know a lot of people that would get in fights to see they have a temper. It doesn't mean that there the tern.
Speaker 6: Life was you need to start kicking and punch, brutally punching another person I don't know anyone that does that. You guys do that kicking and punching another adult.
Speaker 1: Now I'm an adult in high school. You didn't do that. I didn't do that also because it wasn't powerful enough. But I saw plenty, I saw plenty of it.
Speaker 3: Well, there's a lot of testosterone hormones and stuff going on for teenage boys. Jessica says, who cares about the lifetime ban? This kid has serious anger built up. It's not good. He needs to be committed, She says, like to a mental institution. He needs to be committed. That might be a little bit overkill. Yeah, I don't know about a lifetime ban. I would say a suspension.
Speaker 1: Next game or two, and then next game or two what comes. No, the may might have to be a little bit.
Speaker 3: You have to probably be a little bit, you know, five games, ten games something, I mean, maybe even the rest of the season, how long the season goes. But a lifetime ban, I think that's overdoing it. Duji, you have the Shizzy coming up in just a few minutes.
Speaker 1: What's on the way.
Speaker 6: We had a really bad weekend of shootings and deaths that happen all through the country. Also, an update. I would like to get about your mom who's in Indiana. She had some bad weather. We also have a number of people dead in the state of Indiana because of something that is involved with weather. I'll tell you those stories coming up.
Speaker 1: Next will be right back on Rover's Morning Glory. Hang on,