Speaker 1: Fan, all right, no wasting time here, Bonds Bones is here, Marni Ga Larnar's here, and we have a very very special guest on the phone.
Speaker 2: It smells like spring out their core.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we uh, you know, we're tight with him, so we get to call him Shelty, but the rest of you can call him Derek Shelton, the manager of the Minnesota Twins. High Shelty, Good.
Speaker 4: Morning, Good morning. What's going on. How you guys doing.
Speaker 3: Oh, you know, we're just putting up with this Minnesota weather where it blizzards one day and then it's eighty the next basically, but you've had a month in Florida, so I'm sure it's seventy five and sunny and nice every day.
Speaker 4: I ate it, well, not every day. We did go through a cold stretch that I feel bad for anybody that came down for spring training. We went through a stretch where we were in like the high fifties, low sixties, So if you come down from Minnesota, that kind of sucks that, you know, you don't get the eighties. But yeah, it's been nice. But looking forward to north and although the weather fluctuates, looking forward to getting the target field.
Speaker 3: Well, John Bonas, you just spent a month down there with the Minnesota Twins, watching a bunch of baseball and probably getting to talk to Derek.
Speaker 2: I was there for that cold snap. Actually, is that right? Yes?
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 5: It's terrible, it was it felt it felt like winter in in February and Florida.
Speaker 2: Uh J.
Speaker 5: Well, let's just start with the obvious question. How are you feeling about the team? How do you feel about spring training right now?
Speaker 4: I'm very pleased. I mean, I think we you know, there's definitely some areas we still need to continue to work on, and I think that's going to go on throughout the season. But very happy with the work that we've got in, very happy with the individual stuff, and I think we're just ready to go. I mean, John, you were down here for a while, and you understand the last few days of the spring, the last week of the spring, you know, gets to the point where guys start to look forward to getting to Baltimore.
Speaker 2: But I've been I've been.
Speaker 4: Very pleased that since our last off day on the eighteenth, the kind of the attention to what we needed to work on with our core group has been there.
Speaker 5: You you spoke a lot at the beginning of spring training about trying to establish certain tenants to certain culture around the team. You've now gone through that for five or six weeks. Which ones do you think kind of took on? What tenants and culture changes do you feel like have been implemented in your in your five or six weeks. So we're seeing things down there.
Speaker 4: Did I use the word tenants because I don't know if I'm.
Speaker 2: Smart enough to use the word tenants.
Speaker 4: Don't don't put smart words in my mouth. If that's not the case, I'm gonna have to look at Dustin and have him explained to me what that means before I answer this. But uh no, I think the biggest thing that we wanted to talk to was like the standard of expectation that we had from our group, and we've done a nice job with that and that's been player driven and player executed. But that's something that I've really been pleased with. I think our bats over the last a couple of days have been more consistent, which is encouraging to see. And then you know, our start pitching over the course of the spring. It's really I think gotten better.
Speaker 2: Shelty, It's meat Sauce.
Speaker 6: I'm sure Mark Hallberg is a nice guy, but I never got any kind of information about my bench coach position.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I apologize for that, Mede. I don't know where that was lost in communication. I will say Mark Halberg is a really nice, really nice person. Actually he I mean, he's no meat, Sauce. Let's let's be very transparent about that.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 4: I don't understand how that information got lost, and I apologize and we'll try to figure that out.
Speaker 2: That's all right, I appreciate it. True story.
Speaker 3: During the last commercial break, as Shelty Sauce goes to John Bonus, he goes, wait, Grady Size more like the baseball player he's here now.
Speaker 7: And it's like, yeah, yeah, yeah, the other Grady Size man.
Speaker 2: But Sauce was.
Speaker 7: Very excited that he saw that name.
Speaker 4: I don't even know how to attack that. I don't even know where I don't even know where to go with that number one and number two. Like, dude, we've been in spring training for like seven to eight weeks. If you not looked at anything that has to do with the twins, that you don't know who's on the staff. And I think we talked about it in January that he was on the staff.
Speaker 2: You definitely did. Yeah, you're one of your coworkers. I'm just devastating if I'm not.
Speaker 4: IgE coach, I don't understand this. I mean, I wish I was in studio so you can see the expression and the frustration on my face right now that Sauce just can't lock it in. I mean, you told me you were going to lock into the Twins and you were going to go less wolves and less Vikings, and you you basically just lied to me.
Speaker 6: Well, they are I'll tell you this thing. Are my MLB the Show twenty twenty six team.
Speaker 4: Oh that's great. I appreciate that they're your video game.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have to send him down to the miners.
Speaker 7: And he is kissing ass.
Speaker 3: He is currently wearing a Twins hat and he doesn't do that very often, but he actually is right now.
Speaker 4: Saw that. I actually love that. Hey, just you know LaTroy Hawkins is on the staff. Who Yeah, Ryan Jeffers is still our catcher. I mean, is it anything else you need to go over?
Speaker 2: No, I got it all. I'm looking at it right now.
Speaker 6: I didn't know you guys at a web site.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's awesome. Check it out. We got uniforms, we got everything, full schedule.
Speaker 8: A game, brilliant, Hey, Shelty. Spring training can get a little monotonous. It can get long, but obviously there are reasons for for it. It's it's the preparation you need for the season. But when you're a new manager, there are so many people you need to not only meet, but like establish relationships with and get to know and they need to get to know you. How much of spring training for you was that piece of it, like personality driven, both them getting to know you and you getting to know them. Players, personnel, your staff, the training staff, all of that. There are a lot of people at a spring training.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Martie, I definitely agree with you, and I think that's a really good point, especially for this spring training. Spring training does get long, it gets monotonous at the end, and I would totally agree with that. This being the first year with the new staff and a new group, we needed that time because you need the time to establish a relationship. I mean, you go through the first kind of week or so and it's really like a honeymoon phase. Everybody's trying to figure each other out and figure out the dynamic of how we work. But as we've got later into games, you get the flow of how the staff's going to work and communication relationships. So probably more so than any spring, the length of it has been extremely important just to be able to establish those relationships.
Speaker 9: Well, speaking of length, I was just reading an article on twins Daily dot com, great website about how the players are.
Speaker 4: Oh they have a webs I'm.
Speaker 9: Reading about the the actual true measurement of each player and why it matters now you're not allowed to say you're six to one if you're actually five to eleven anymore. Is because of the strike zone and the fact is going to be the the ABS challenge system. Can you explain to me, as somebody who was getting to know this as a brand new way of living, who's going to be in charge of telling you whether or not to challenge a call?
Speaker 4: Well, the player has to be And I thought you were going to ask me to get a measurement of how tall you are?
Speaker 2: Actually, I don't want to know.
Speaker 4: The talks has been lying about his height for about five years.
Speaker 2: Wait to go ahead.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, I didn't go there. I did not go there.
Speaker 2: I deserve it. I didn't know yout a website.
Speaker 4: I went, uh, the player is actually in charge of it. There can be no help from the dugout. There can be no external help. So it's essentially the picture catcher or hitter that has to do it, and they have to do it within three seconds by tapping the top of their helmet or verbally probably doing both saying hay, I'm in the challenge or touching the top of their helmet. I think we've seen it work really well in spring training. It adds a different dynamic to the game because of the fact that you know, you're the fans and everybody are watching it and finding out at the same time on the scoreboard, and it definitely has I think it's been beneficial. I actually like it. It's going to be interesting to see there's going to be less jockeying from the manager the coaches with out fires because it's essentially in the player's hands before you run out of challenges.
Speaker 9: Are is there some kind of guidelines you're going to say to your players to make sure they don't do it too often?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 4: Right now? I mean, I don't think we're going to go into any specific guidelines and will monitor as this season has gone on. In spring training, actually, our catchers Jeffers and Quarantini have been really good at it, and you know, I think there's been some times where we've actually, even though it's a spring training game, kind of changed the course of a game. You know, John may have been down there. The one that I think we want two in one inning ended up scoring five runs because of it. And I think we're going to see, you know, the dynamic of innings changed because of a right call or an overturn call.
Speaker 5: The big question coming into spring training is probably the big question coming out of spring training and into the regular season, which is the bullpen. I was a little surprised to see a couple veterans not make the team, and I understand, you know, they give them a try out and such, but I guess my question is sort of like, where do you feel like you're going to be getting the high leverage bullpen innings out of from the staff that you're kind of reconstructing based on, you know, the tear down that happened at the trade deadline.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think we're going to kind of mix and match. There's not going to be one specific person that's going to pitch in the seventh, eighth, or ninth. It's going to be a collective group and we're going to try to try to mix and match for the best situations. And then ultimately, I think people will pitch themselves into the roles that they're going to be at, and it's gonna come a little bit by meritocracy. You know, if you're pitching, well, you're going to put yourself in a position that you're going to get those leverage innings.
Speaker 7: How much of the WBC do you watch and what'd you think?
Speaker 4: I liked it. I watched it. I mean it was interesting. I did not watch the initial rounds of it. I think when we got into the final eight, from the quarterfinal on, you know, I watched as much as I could. I mean, the fact that games start at eight o'clock and spring training starts really early, as John and Marty, well, we'll tell you I was going to bed early and not finishing. But it was it was very exciting, you know. I mean, I think it's a really it's a really fun event. It's going to be interesting to see what the next steps that they take forward with it, moving into you know, the next iteration of it.
Speaker 10: How's your March Madness bracket looking.
Speaker 4: I did not do a bracket because I don't know if we allegedly would play games. Marny, you know well enough to know that I would not fill out a bracket because I don't know enough about it.
Speaker 2: But if I.
Speaker 4: Did have a team in a certain kind of spread pool, I'm doing all.
Speaker 9: Right right now, well said, Well said, good, Hey, do.
Speaker 7: You have a hawk?
Speaker 3: Do you have that Corey provis highlight from like two days ago? Can we play that for Shelty and see if he's heard this? You know what we're talking about. Did you hear the Corey provis call that went viral Shelty or not?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm very aware. I think I told you guys. I think I told you guys this this winner that last year I turned into a volleyball dad and my volleyball dad group chat was very much curious what was going on in a Twins game the other day in spring training. So I was getting multiple texts on h on Corey provis and perk going viral.
Speaker 2: Marny, did you hear about this?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: It's the best right all? This is it here right here?
Speaker 7: So good start for the twins here the fourth inning. You ever seen Buck with his pants down?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: No, like it shorts?
Speaker 7: No, like he's got he doesn't have his no socks showing.
Speaker 2: I see what you're saying.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, you ever seen Buck with his pants down?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: Uh? My favorite part of that is you got full Minnesota accent of perk right there? Hold on, and then I don't know if I've ever heard perk, be that silent or the long pause that you've had, because there were two pauses of like what am I gonna say next?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, you just dropped the No, that's gonna be a commercial.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's really good.
Speaker 3: All right, last question here and then we'll let you go. Shelty, you appreciate the time. As always. Baltimore, we haven't talked about them and all their your opponent when you open up in two days. How far ahead do you start scouting and strategizing for Baltimore and what you've seen so far? What do you like or just about that squad for Thursday?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it's a good club. They did a really good job building their starting pitching staff. They added Bassett and Shane Boss to go along with Rogers at the front end. I mean, it's an American League East team that's deep. Jackson Holliday most likely is not going to start with them because of a hamdmates bone. You know, a team that kind of had a down start to the last year. We've seen him a couple of times in spring training this year. To answer the first part of that question, we started watching them about four or five days ago, because now you're getting into the situation where you have a general idea.
Speaker 2: Of what their club is.
Speaker 4: So a club that did a really good job building their starting pitching this offseason, but we have been paying attention to him for about the last four or five days.
Speaker 5: One one follow up question for that for the Beat writers, what restaurants? I assume you also scouted the restaurants as such in Baltimore. That you mean we learned to trust his taste when it comes to road places and restaurants. What do you got recommended for Baltimore?
Speaker 4: Yeah, any place in little Italy. Baltimore had such a great little Italy area. And then there's also a really good Irish pub that's right over by, uh, right over by the hotel we stay at that you can get a pint of Dennister too, So those are probably anything in little Italy would be what I would recommend.
Speaker 3: Let's go sounds good, Sheltery, you're the best man. Best of luck on Thursday, and best of luck this season.
Speaker 7: We'll talk to you down the road.
Speaker 4: I appreciate. I look forward. I'll see you Baltimore, thoughts.
Speaker 2: We'll be there for me. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Grady Sizemore, he's on the Toby, he's on the bench, all right, thanks, Shelty, appreciated, Buddy.
Speaker 2: I guess the best. He is the best. That's the manager of the Twins right there. Yeah, he's just chilling. That's the best.
Speaker 9: By the way, all this brought to you my friends at the Saint Paul Saints. Speaking of baseball, Tuesday, March thirty, first, it's opening game down at cchs Field.
Speaker 2: Let the games begin.
Speaker 9: The Saints Opening Day features white jersey hoodie giveaways presented by Cochs for the first thousand people.
Speaker 2: I believe that. Yeah, white jersey hoodie.
Speaker 3: It's like a snuggie what it was called snuggy or whatever. Yeah, bonus, are you going to Baltimore?
Speaker 2: You you're not going bim that right? And I can't make the Saints open to either because in Vegas, so.
Speaker 3: You you restaurant recommendations and you're not even going, Oh for sure.
Speaker 7: Okay, I thought you were asking.
Speaker 2: Because you were going, not like I'm never going to be in Baltimore. That's fair. He's looking up for the beat, right.
Speaker 8: I had a great lobster roll in Baltimore, and I have to think about the restaurant.
Speaker 10: I have to make a text.
Speaker 9: What was the restaurant called McDonald's Johnson's.
Speaker 11: Now that you said, yeah, yes, that's a bold name for a non McDonald's restaurant.
Speaker 2: I had it first.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, all right, all right, thanks to the twins. Thanks to uh to Dustin and Mitch for helping out with that as well.
Speaker 2: Uh saws, you want to do sports when we get back, I'd love to.
Speaker 3: Okay, cool, that's after this on the fine.
Speaker 12: Join Meat, Sauce and Miller Light at d Michael Bees in Albervildis Thursday from five to seven. Stop by for drink specials, games and to register for a chance to win a spot in the Vikings Foundation Golf Tournament at the full details Now a kfan dot com your golf.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome back, Hey up by the way. Marni Glarney's here. She's brought you by our friends at surf side. Come on, that's how you know the weather's getting nicer.
Speaker 7: You start talking surf side.
Speaker 10: It's that time again, isn't it.
Speaker 7: When do you crack open your pool?
Speaker 2: Oh? Great, it must be real rough.
Speaker 7: Being Marns serf side by the pools.
Speaker 2: Just a giant dracuzzie. She been on an all winner.
Speaker 7: Come on, when do you crack it open?
Speaker 9: Like?
Speaker 11: May?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 10: We actually we did open it.
Speaker 8: Matt had it open on Sunday and was just like cleaning it and just just to be around it and.
Speaker 2: Just just to get a math house. That's her. H oh, I thought your neighbors.
Speaker 10: Man, it's not.
Speaker 2: Don't is he getting some sun on them?
Speaker 11: Thanks?
Speaker 1: Please don't hold back the official.
Speaker 10: Opening and yeah where they actually listen to.
Speaker 2: And there a trail like going real tra trail.
Speaker 10: Double can eat it and be in it. That looks like he's carrying around when that happened, like we can.
Speaker 3: That seems early to crack it open. Honestly, what if you get like a mid April snowfall.
Speaker 10: Put the cover on.
Speaker 8: It's not gonna freeze like the water cover on him. They actually so we go through performance pulling spots the company.
Speaker 10: But they the.
Speaker 8: First dates is March twenty.
Speaker 7: Fifth, and that's tomorrow, tomorrow.
Speaker 4: That's nuts.
Speaker 10: That's the first opening.
Speaker 8: The second date is April ninth, that's the day we took and then there's like a late April.
Speaker 10: But basically it just means they get the water flowing.
Speaker 8: March twenty fifth, by the way, which is tomorrow is Grady's April twenty quick.
Speaker 13: Follow quick follow up to that? Who is that? That is your child? That it borgs from my ballet?
Speaker 2: Got it? So that's your son? Yeah? Got it?
Speaker 7: Eighteen tomorrow date, and then.
Speaker 8: And then five days after that a sixteenth birthday and a fiftieth on the same day.
Speaker 10: Fiftieth Madison, that's what I call him formally.
Speaker 2: What do you get them?
Speaker 7: Wait?
Speaker 3: You always you already celebrated your fiftieth, So you're a cradle robber. I didn't know that. Oh yeah, I didn't know that. I didn't know you liked him, young musty looks.
Speaker 14: Good for fifty. Yeah, Muhammad has an age to day. Yeah, man, there's a lot of birthdays to celebrate. I want to crack in the pool open Hey.
Speaker 8: Happy Yeah, marches, marches, big Hawk, Happy fiftieth, look at you.
Speaker 2: We already we.
Speaker 10: Already made a cake.
Speaker 2: Wait, one cake for the whole group. First one, happy fiftieth. Looky here Hawk, what did you do for my dad sixth birthday?
Speaker 10: He stole my line?
Speaker 7: Is Grady going straight to the casino tomorrow?
Speaker 10: I think so?
Speaker 2: Yes you have, because she ain't been love it.
Speaker 10: My eyes are just crossed and slot's been going all right?
Speaker 2: Sos you ready me.
Speaker 6: Five on the power Shred col Mars in a Timberwolves battle the Rockets tomorrow at eight thirty. Your Wolves are currently fifth, the fifth spot, a half game up on the Rockets.
Speaker 2: That game tomorrow can be heard right here on the fan.
Speaker 4: That was.
Speaker 10: That was a good win in Boston. Yes, it was for the Timberwolves.
Speaker 8: And they've been treading water and then some with Anthony Edwards out of the lineup.
Speaker 10: And we're we're close to do for an update hopefully.
Speaker 8: It was initially a one to two week before reevaluation on ANT and that's pretty it's a generic timeline, I guess, and there's been no change on that, so I don't know if we'll hear anything this week yet, but that win in Boston was pretty significant.
Speaker 6: And now.
Speaker 8: It's just like, man, just keep on, keep on, keeping on, because it's it is a tough schedule. It's a late game against Houston, and that is a team that is right in the mix and right on your heels right now. So it's you just said fifth in the standings, Sauce, but it is fifth in a literal tie with Denver. But Denver has the tiebreaker, so I know, but that's because we didn't win enough games against Denver this year, and the Rockets are a team that we can have the tiebreaker over. We can't against the Lakers and they're up on us by two games, and we can't against the Nuggets, but we can against the Rockets and they're a half game below us right now in sixth. So this game tomorrow night against Houston is really important, and it is a late one because it's not only on FanDuel, it's also on ESPN.
Speaker 10: So it's an eight thirty which means eight forty.
Speaker 8: Ish tip off from Target Center tomorrow night, But uh, who is that a big one? And then we've got Detroit after that, and we played Detroit twice and Cad Cunningham has a collapsed lung, so he's gonna miss a couple of weeks.
Speaker 10: It's not funny, it's pretty serious.
Speaker 2: He didn't laugh. He's serious about his sports.
Speaker 8: And so two out of the next three games after Houston are against Detroit, who's still a great team. But you think, oh my goodness, you can get Houston and maybe these couple against Detroit. You got Dallas in there, who's trying to lose game. Okay, this is where we make a move. And it's getting late real quick.
Speaker 10: Oh am, I red Max.
Speaker 2: Talk about I mean, there's only what ten games left, Marns or something like that. There's only a few weeks of the.
Speaker 10: Game, No, exactly ten.
Speaker 2: Playoffs go till like the middle of June. They can if they don't start. That got weird.
Speaker 14: How good has Bones been lately, graz He's been. He's been absolutely, just incredible with I feel like he was a little when his minutes were inconsistent. At the beginning of the season, he was a little more inconsistent. But now that his minutes have become more consistent, I mean, what a just absolute injection of energy, offense and just swagger.
Speaker 2: When Anthony Edwards isn't on the floor.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Bones is such an easy guy to cheer for too, he is. He is an absolute fan favorite. His little three point celebration and he's waving at the fame.
Speaker 2: The whole crowd is doing it.
Speaker 7: Now, you're doing it back.
Speaker 10: Up, Joe Ingalls is doing.
Speaker 6: It on the boat.
Speaker 10: Everybody's getting into it. It's it's been an absolute breath of fresh air.
Speaker 15: Hello, Yeah, dangerous and and actually I feel like Bones is actually better if they can kind of stagger more Bones less when ant it takes his rest.
Speaker 14: Right, That's what I say, is when he that's when he said yeah, and that's when they need his kind of swagger. When Anthony Edwards isn't on the floor, it's like when the Bones kind of just takes up that mantle and it's it's just been incredible. Him and Io have just reinvented that whole bench unit, which for the most i mean the beginning the first half of the season, it was.
Speaker 2: One of the worst in the NBA.
Speaker 14: It's like, outside of nas Reed, there wasn't a whole lot of production coming from that bench unit. But between him and Io and then you know, Kyle Anderson has also been kind of a steadying force, a little slow mo action in the in the rotation there.
Speaker 2: This bench unit is something fierce.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and we did not want this injury to Anthony Edwards. And if it has to happen, then you need to find some good in it. And I think we have found some good in it.
Speaker 5: I love watching Io and Bones on the court together. It's a little more chaotic and less structured, but they have so much energy and so much i don't know, goofy flow for lack of a better word.
Speaker 2: Together. It's fun to watch those two play play in the back court together. If you want to be wrong, that's funny.
Speaker 6: Ohs zach O. The Wild Battle the Lightning tonight in Tampa at six thirty. But also the Stars have lost two straits of the Wild trail them by five points.
Speaker 2: And this is brought to you by the Saint Paul No, Saint Cloud Husky, Yes, Saint claud State University. Thank you to them.
Speaker 12: Yeah, ericson ec, Capriza and Felino, I'll practice yesterday. They are traveling with the team. The anticipation is one, two three. Eventually through this road trip we'll be playing. So it will be very nice to seek with prieze Off obviously back in the lineup as the other two as well. The Stars have clinched a playoff spot the Wild very very closely. They're like six points away or something like that, and that's a big road trip here. The Lightning also played an overtime over the weekend. They lost their overtime on the Wild one. So but the Lightning second in the Atlantic Division. They're very good hockey team. It sets up to be another big tilt for Minnesota tonight six thirty puck drop right here on kf AN.
Speaker 6: The Gopher women's basketball team. They are in the sweet sixteen. They will battle Ucla on Friday at six thirty. Yeah, Ucla is a nineteen and a half point favorite. Yeah, Tommy Wise loves it.
Speaker 8: It's it's kind of shocking that we still have not found more parody in women's basketball.
Speaker 6: What are we doing exactly? That is a huge spread yukon. They play North Carolina. They are twenty seven and a half point favorites on Friday. My gosh, but that's sweet sixth Carolina versus North Carolina.
Speaker 3: Manin has made the point that we see that in the men's game in round one, you shouldn't see that in the Sweet sixteen.
Speaker 2: That's kind of insane.
Speaker 3: Like I think Michigan was a thirty one or two point favorite in round one that was.
Speaker 2: Against one of the Hawks teams.
Speaker 14: Yep, yeah, tough break for And the largest spread in the men's Sweet sixteen is.
Speaker 2: Nine and a half by Michigan. Your second are you talking to? Are you on the phone with my dad? A large spread on you, Papa.
Speaker 6: The Twins open their season this Thursday. Johnny Beans Bones talking? Why so in Baltimore at two o five, Joe Ryan will start for your Minnesota twin.
Speaker 2: Let's get some opinions out of you. Johnny Bones, Come on, all right, Bonies, I don't think it's going to be a great year. Minutes ago his opinion, and you're talking to me. Talk to him, strong talking, mean talking.
Speaker 5: They are the over under in Vegas is seventy two and a half wins, which is eighty nine and a half losses.
Speaker 2: Hammer the over we got this. Let me do on the wins or on the losses.
Speaker 5: And I think it's important and that if they are not, you know, if they're not competitive in the Al Central, whether that means playing five hundred baseball or close to five hundred baseball, depending on you know, what Detroit is doing or what some of the other teams are doing. I think you could see another big sell off at the trade deadline this year. And you know, well so, I mean, it's important that they get off to a hot start. Baltimore as a team last year that really disappointed ended up. They were favored to be one of the their run of the favorites in the AL East, ended up fourth place. They did a lot to improve their team in the off season. The Twins clearly did not improve the ball.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're allowed to do that. You're allowed to sign and spend money. We were gonna have to We're gonna have to see, you know, I do. Actually, Shelton talked a little bit about, you know, paying attention, more detail. I think he is a more detail oriented UH manager, and I think that has been a focus of his and I hope the team is taking that too and taking the heart and we'll see some of that on display that first week. But they've got they've got to get off to hot start here, and Joe Ryan is the kind of guy that can get them off to hot start. He is he's a hell of a pitcher, and he's followed by Bailey over and then three young guys that.
Speaker 2: Actually I'm kind of excited about. The rotation is still I think something that you could you can pin your hat.
Speaker 5: You like Mickle, I do like Mickable Mike Abel, who is one of the guys they acquired at the trade deadline. The true there is is that that trade deadline and fire sale they had last year is going to be.
Speaker 2: We're gonna fight.
Speaker 5: There's gonna be a little bit of a referendum on that trade deadline based on how this team does this year because two of their pitchers and their starting rotation were acquired during that and uh, you know, I think there's also a couple of guys that I think we could see mid season that will be a part of that.
Speaker 2: And that's going to be.
Speaker 5: How this team is going to do is going to depend a lot on how those young arms they have developed this year and whether or not they break through.
Speaker 3: I got to speak for the class here with the new look that you got going on, the new like dark vibe, I think I think you seem extremely amicable. Man.
Speaker 2: I think you're right.
Speaker 11: I'd make you good to make the hell thank you, yeah, thank you over there, mick Abel Bradley, Yes, those are Rojas Steve.
Speaker 2: So you guys know who's on our squad. I'm sorry, what was the last name, Louis Varlin. No, he we traded him away. Oh yeah, that's right.
Speaker 9: We got k Rojas from him, That is who we got Ross And I'm sorry, Scaley, let me down. I did.
Speaker 2: I don't know that guy.
Speaker 5: Uh now, yeah, Kenry Ross is somebody that's gonna be a safe When you mentioned the same Paul homeowner, that team is also going to be very interesting this year. There's a lot of top prospects. I think you're going to see half a dozen of the top prospects that are at Saint Paul come up to the Twins this year, and it might be the beginning of a new generation. So even if they do end up having sort of fire sale and turning things over, even if things don't develop this year, it could be a fun year to watch them, just to see sort of the renewal that could be taking place. And if by chance, this team does perform a little bit, you could get an injection of incredible prospect talent mid season and maybe.
Speaker 2: That's what turns the season around. Like Walker Jangins, like Walker Texas Rangers. Yeah, was it Kurt Bills? What about Kirk Bills? Yeah? What about him? I don't watch because I like our new manager.
Speaker 5: Yes I do, and I mean target Field in the summer, it's a great place to watch.
Speaker 2: Give myself a certain prospect like Tommy loves it. Tommy follow them right in. He would l sauce me. We got Yeah, I got one more thing.
Speaker 6: The MLB season starts tomorrow with the Yankees battling the Giants at seven.
Speaker 2: O five on Netflix. Where they playing that game in San Francisco. Okay, so they're not playing in Cuba. I don't think so that was last year Japan. Oh yeah, that's right, Japan.
Speaker 4: That was.
Speaker 9: I think that kind of was a failure, don't you. Starting the season outside of the United States didn't work out with I.
Speaker 5: Mean, I don't know how well that works for the United States audience. I think it worked real well for the international audience.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 14: In that game was like December third, Yeah, it was afore way before the season started.
Speaker 2: It felt weird documentary on that I think. Then they went back and played spring training game. Yes, they did. That's yeah, don't make no sense. We have the Vikings acquired. Who have we lost? I'll remind you during Vikings News kind I've.
Speaker 3: Got a hot take roster updates after this Power Trip Morning Show.
Speaker 7: There is no Vikings News powered Morney show on the fan.
Speaker 2: Right here we are. It's the Power Trip Morning Show.
Speaker 9: And you get got Marty larnarn, you got Johnny Beans, Bons Bones and the cast two thousands said, uh, it's time for Vikings is we're getting real close the football season?
Speaker 4: Time the Power Trip presented by Joe.
Speaker 2: Says Repress Store. Yeah, thanks them.
Speaker 9: Calm down quite a bit, a little bit, yeah, quite a bit since the rush that was free agency. And I don't know if you knew this or not, Johnny Bones, because you were out of town. But we have a new quarterback.
Speaker 2: I did hear that? Yeah, we do. And and and Ben just keeps just stirring pots everywhere he goes Ben liber One, that's what he does. Upsets fan.
Speaker 9: No, he just said that we have a new quarterback, but we have an old quarterback who's coming back, who might be our second quarterback or even our first.
Speaker 3: He's just more excited about the Wentz signing more than most of us. But you know, he basically said that Wentz because he knows the playbook is probably ahead of the curve when it comes to Kyler. And when he said that on Twitter, everybody lost their mind and said that Ben was just rage baiting to try to say that it was ahead of the curve on March. That was better point yesterday when he clarified is it okay? He didn't say he fully believes Kyler will start week one. He's just saying if training camps, if the season started today, that Wentz would start because he has a he would jump on the playbook.
Speaker 2: And things like that.
Speaker 10: Does the season start?
Speaker 4: It does not.
Speaker 2: It does not start today, same I wish it did. Does not?
Speaker 5: Tyler Murray will have to actually look at a playbook though at some point, get you in the next.
Speaker 3: Okay, Auto six doesn't come out until like what halfway through this season.
Speaker 2: We're fine, big pee, relaxed. Just check he plays two. He's smart. He's fine, so we got it.
Speaker 7: He probably has read a playbook.
Speaker 2: Maybe you probably reading it right now.
Speaker 9: He's probably listening to Patrick more coffee with one playbook in one hand and the coffee and the other.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Kyler. If you turn the playbook into a video game, maybe that would be It's.
Speaker 7: Called mad Sure Madness.
Speaker 3: Former Vikings former Vikings wide receiver Adam Feelin's playing initials on Friday.
Speaker 7: And you saw Adam Thling and CJ ham last Y agad I did.
Speaker 9: I saw them both at their retirement thing and it was a very very nice formal occasion. Marty was not there, even though they're supposed to be family. Is there some kind of riff?
Speaker 7: I know I had a thing, but right what I did?
Speaker 3: Our classic excuse, I had a thing that's the at that time, something the place, the place at that exact time.
Speaker 8: Our family group chat though, is very excited about Friday, and Mama, yeah, yeah, they're happy that Adam is going to be here on Friday.
Speaker 2: Yeah he will be here.
Speaker 3: No CJ though, No, just just yeah, CJ is I think a long shot we'll see that thing. Yeah, you might have a thing at the place at that time, but this is Abbot's gonna love this. Guess what time Feeling is aiming to be here on Friday ten, just after eight, so it's just enough time to be like, hey, you're retired. Awesome, we'll play initials after this, I fan and Abbot's gonna go. How come he was only available on Fridays? He was only available after eight on Friday, so we had just enough time to ask him about Hey, you know, what's the last couple of weeks been?
Speaker 9: Like?
Speaker 3: He said, retirements? You know something he's looking forward to and cool, let's play the game. Well, I'll play Game six twenty one after this.
Speaker 9: On the fan, I found it really interesting you set off here a moment ago that it's kind of runs in your family, and you can see it already happening. The Adams really let himself go, and you said, after retire a lot of times people on in your lineage really balloon up.
Speaker 2: Is what you said. That's what you said.
Speaker 7: You said, we're a family of quitters.
Speaker 2: That's what you said. Quitters is what we said. Did I? Yeah? Remember?
Speaker 10: And then you looked at me and you said, well, you haven't even retired yet. What happened you?
Speaker 3: Oh, don't make me hit the button.
Speaker 2: I can't. No, don't make me say it. I can't hit. Don't you do it? Don't you do it? Don't you do it? How much?
Speaker 7: How much do you get me if I hit it.
Speaker 2: I don't know what button it is.
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 7: Come on, Oh yeah, I hit it. I would never.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course you wouldn't. I can't. She's too nice. I respect there. Yeah I can't hit it.
Speaker 3: I mean I can hit this one though, Hey hawk get freak. Yeah, I'm I'm on the Hall of Fame dot com.
Speaker 6: Did you get the enshrinement ceremony package which with the official ceremony ticket old jacket at well, it's sold out.
Speaker 2: Did you buy it yet? I bought it.
Speaker 9: I bought three of them because I wanted to see if your dad wanted to come, or your uncle or perhaps maybe your cousin.
Speaker 2: I'm just slought you got him because it's sold out on the website. You would. I love you.
Speaker 9: We have a new new punter and we have His name is Johnny Hecker. Don't call him Johnny Packer, right. We have a quarterback James Pierre. We have an offensive talking named Ryan Vandam Mark, and we have a quarterback named Kyler Murray. That is why the article that I'm reading on SI dot com says it has been a very quiet offseason.
Speaker 3: Here's something that we haven't heard in a long long time around here, give it to me, baby. We're gonna have to nail this draft. Yeah right, it's been a while since we've just nailed the draft. And uh, no one expects a GM to go, you know, seven for seven, or what do we got this year? Do we have like nine picks? No one expects them to go nine for nine? About how about with the compensatory picks?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 10: How about we go like.
Speaker 7: Four legitimate starter.
Speaker 3: Types and maybe a couple of guys that make the team, and then we kick three guys.
Speaker 2: Off right, like to find a center?
Speaker 7: Yeah, can we go like almost fifty percent? Maybe can we find four or five.
Speaker 2: Rounds or these picks?
Speaker 6: You have four in the top one hundred, eighteen, forty nine, eighty two and ninety seven only.
Speaker 2: If she's five to three? How many total? Nine? Yeah?
Speaker 14: Okay, it is nine, so you have no fourth round picks, But uh two out of those top four picks have to be good. How about all four? Let's for this let's same for this guy, and then we'll be happy if we can up a little.
Speaker 6: You got to find a starter, somebody who plays significant amount of time at pick eighteen. Yeah, we're going to need You have to find somebody who can play and contribute right away.
Speaker 2: The center of defensive tackle, maybe a running back, a corner.
Speaker 5: So you're saying we should draft based and the best available, take the best.
Speaker 2: Player available all the time.
Speaker 14: That's what I would do, as I said a month team specifically, the two best coaches.
Speaker 6: Two best picks the Vikings have ever made were ninety eight when they had two stud wide receivers and seven when they had a running back coming off a thousand yard season. The two best picks they've ever made were when they didn't need it and they just took the best player available.
Speaker 2: Do that every time you're talking about Randy Moss and uh Adrian Peterson. There you go. Yep, it's a good point you when you get fourse picks, it rarely works.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: Case in point when they traded Randy Moss and then immediately took Troy Williams. Don't do that. They don't do that. No, take better players.
Speaker 8: If you could ever get free time from your twins bench coaching, yes, could you advise the Vikings.
Speaker 3: Look, why don't why don't you make the picks? And I'll be the money guy. Everybody loves Rob Brazinski. Ifs greated his job. There's a lot of people cheering for him to be the GM. Right, they're saying, this is the obvious choice. Let's not make him the temporary GM, Let's just make him the full time GM. But the two of us would be a lot cheaper than Rob. You make the picks, I'll do the money.
Speaker 2: Okay. Who should we pick at eighteen?
Speaker 14: Uh, we're gonna take Caleb Banks, the defensive tackle from Florida.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, now you want made to do my thing? Yeah, you do your thing.
Speaker 3: Well, we're ninety million over the cat. We are beat beat boot fixed. Yeh see right, perfect, So you did your job. I did my job, and the Vikings are back on track. Would you pick it eight or at forty nine?
Speaker 2: Hawk? Probably?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Probably Charles Demings cornerback out of Stephen F. Austin. Wow, Hey, when do we have a moist chew on? How do I know that name? Am I supposed to know that name? It's probably somebody in the prep you're looking at right now. There was about it's just off time manage. There was a isn't there like a Jonathan Deming? Jonathan Demi is a director, I think. Okay, he's any of the guy that did Silence of the Lamb. Nobody's talking to you. Nobody ever is I love you? Wow, Mommy, I wish this movie was called Silence of the Lamberts. Pready, that's good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've been told that a few times in my life. I'm pretty sure my dad and my uncle Peter to Silence to the Lambs and he was like six. Yeah, he was like kid me, I didn't know.
Speaker 2: When they walked out, he said, explain things, Yeah, explained.
Speaker 3: That explains the constant tuck dancing from.
Speaker 9: Explains why your dad kept driving around pointing out fans and saying you should get in those.
Speaker 6: That's why he was always say to me or you both size fourteen when I was six years old.
Speaker 3: That's why Dob's walk up song if he's ever in an MMA fight will be goodbye horses.
Speaker 2: That was a deep cut. You two got that, Joe?
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course, great tune. Underrating tone. I'd like me especially to murder people too, yeah, or murdering put your parts back? Got sure, tuck dance and murder you.
Speaker 2: Ever tuck dance? Johnny Bones, can you help me move this couch? Wow? I don't like how you did that just like Forrest Gump at the same.
Speaker 3: Time, Sump or crossover film.
Speaker 7: Maybe it's the same universe. Maybe that would be cool if it was.
Speaker 9: Look what he did the Lieutenant Day. Anyway, that's your Viking. That's right there, man, man, So that's that's who. We have big opinions, Johnny Bones, you've been giving big opinions all morning.
Speaker 2: The over unders eight point five, I think, is that right?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What you got which is dead?
Speaker 3: I mean that's five hundreds, right, that's you get to nine and eight, you're over five hundred. You get to eight and nine, you're under five hundred.
Speaker 2: Big opinions. I'll take. I'll take the under. Oh you are so never did I will take.
Speaker 3: This is definitely a bet I would never make for every reason we've talked about with Kyler Murray, right, Like, if Kyler is awesome, yes, that seems like a pretty easy number. If he's not, it's an under. It's just it's massive variable with Kyler.
Speaker 2: The way that this was should work for the Vikings is he'll be awesome and then he'll leave facing exactly the same issue. A silencer, but you don't have to silence my dreams. Well, you guys want to make a bet. It's only over. I kind of want to take you over to let me tell you why, and I don't. I should take I should do the bet before I tell you my reasoning. You want to bet me Johnny Beans, bonds bones, you're taking the over, taking the over.
Speaker 5: I'm just gonna say may that that scenario does seem like a very good Viking scenario for me. So maybe i'd take the over too, But I'll take you the other. Sure, I'll take some. No, I no, I can't really, I don't want to. I hate rooting against you.
Speaker 2: I do that every year.
Speaker 5: I make money on the Timberwolves bet with you guys, and every year I'm like, I wish guy, I don't like betting against the timber.
Speaker 2: I feel you. I feel so No. Well, i'll give you my reasoning. Then, do you guys remember last season?
Speaker 6: Sure?
Speaker 2: Very hard.
Speaker 9: Diff remember how tough it was and how how long it was and how many everybody broke every bone in their body.
Speaker 2: They won nine games? Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 6: And they get to play the Jets, who are terrible, the Saints who are terrible, the Dolphins who are in full tank mode. That's three wins right there, and the Falcons who are not good, and one of these teams in the division is what.
Speaker 3: Those terrible teams also get to play the Vikings. Yeah, so I'm just saying if we're not good, they are going to be excited to play us too. But I think we're better than the teams you just named. Yeah, and you know, one of the teams in the division will probably take it. You know what's funny about that? Do you guys remember what was it two years ago?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 7: I do not remember. We were talking about how like how awesome it was.
Speaker 3: That we get to open up against Daniel Jones and our comeback was yeah, but the Giants get to open up against Sam Darnold.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It was basically like, God, these are two garbage quarterbacks. Both teams are super pumped to play the other one because the other quarterback sucks. And now two years later, it's like, we would kill to have Donald back or Daniel Jones back, even with this busted up Achilles. Yeah, sure, we'll take it. Yeah, it sounds like they wanted to.
Speaker 9: Johnny besbos Bones, have you started your website about flag football yet?
Speaker 14: I have not?
Speaker 3: Is that where the money is though, did you freaking see that Odell Beckham junior catch?
Speaker 2: Catch? Unbelievable? Unbelievable?
Speaker 3: Is he spider Man? I don't understand how the ball just like sticks to that glove. I think he's cheating. That doesn't look like it's physically possible. And I don't mean physically in terms of a human's ability to move, I mean physics. How does the ball not bounce off of his hand? It's no insane Crow? Maybe Bevel Crow is amazing. Uh, Joe Burrow.
Speaker 7: Wants to like his hinting that he wants to be in the Olympics was.
Speaker 2: That he wants to be the quarterback. I just saw the highlights and sports. Yeah, I didn't watch the.
Speaker 14: Extra a little thin and it's not during March Madness, crowd was sparse.
Speaker 2: Yeahuck, you watched all of it every time. I watched it twice. What's your favorite team? Two? My favorite team?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well, hey, since this is Vikings dud, do you guys read into the fact that Harrison Smith jumped in there. But he was a replacement for somebody correct? It did look like, yeah, he he was Dan Harrison fill in for somebody else that was hurt.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I forget that. Yeah, but yes he did, and he into that very very happy. You look to be happy to be playing football. I think he'll play again this year. I think he'll play again. I don't think he'll be on the squad in training camp. No, but when they need him, he might.
Speaker 2: Like third or fourth, third preseason game. Because they only play why not?
Speaker 13: Right?
Speaker 2: They should play more? Right, Hawk, say that, sweet bod.
Speaker 7: I mean they should play zero preseason No, how many should they play?
Speaker 2: Hawk? Seven?
Speaker 4: Zero?
Speaker 2: They should play seven. They should start in Julie. They should have one tomorrow. Yeah, that'd be great, Hawk, And I'd go.
Speaker 7: If the regular season started tomorrow, that would be great.
Speaker 3: Just zero preseason games every year, Marti, you got a big opinion, yours, go ahead.
Speaker 10: Yeah, preseason is not long enough, thank you? And wow, not paid enough? Not paid enough?
Speaker 8: And actually, thank you. Start taking people off the streets. And there should be more women in the preseason in games.
Speaker 3: Now we're talking like Kathy Ireland. Remember when she kicked in necessary roughness, Lucy, she could boot it like crazy kick and Goldie Han. Goldie Han joined the Army ice boxing little giants, was the hell of a linebacker. All this Goldiehan is not a platoon. But she was in that movie what was it called Wildcats or something?
Speaker 2: Was that Harrison what he Harrelson was in that movie? Never saw it was? That was pretty good.
Speaker 4: She was the coach. Yeah.
Speaker 7: She was also in True Beverly Hills.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: She was also the original coach on Cheers. What she really she played coach?
Speaker 3: What do you what?
Speaker 14: He was in that?
Speaker 2: Didn't know that? Ye never saw it. There's a snake in my boots. That's a different Woody. Thank you for getting that. I don't think you were gonna get it. You did think it. Money didn't get it.
Speaker 10: I did now, but it wasn't until you don't think it was.
Speaker 13: It was clever.
Speaker 10: It was clever.
Speaker 2: Power trip interpreter.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna do a lingo, not to do a lipa. That's something else.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna do a lingo of the power to Warning show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Ala, yesterday, I had no chance of translating what Musk was saying.
Speaker 7: I still don't understand and it's been twenty four hours.
Speaker 2: No idea Verry quit. Yeah, I couldn't figure it out. The mystery that I don't think the world will ever quite solve. Thank you Redco. All right?
Speaker 3: Uh, Fan five and a second headlines later, we're gonna talk dream fast food At some point. We'll explain why later, buring headlines this is the power Trip won't show on the fan