Speaker 1: Join Cafe Ann's Meat Sauce at Fleet Farm and Hastings tomorrow for their Octoberfest celebration. Join us from noon to two pm for the opening of toy Land Yard Games and more. Get the full details down cafe dot com curet calendar.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, man, yeah, man hawk. Do you want me to get you anything from toy Land Oh please? Yeah, toys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they have just the best decorations too.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So give me something Christmasy and bringing in would you? I will thank you? Looking through my uh, what does an event write?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 3: What it's called? Is that?
Speaker 4: Go?
Speaker 3: I know no pans intownans Townia tonight at the h Well it says on here, excell energies, interrest on what it's called Grand Casino Center.
Speaker 4: Right, a Grand Casino arena.
Speaker 3: That's it. Yeah, Jonas Brothers with all American rejects. And I didn't know that.
Speaker 4: Oh the Joe Bros.
Speaker 3: Yes, snuck up a Lord's at the Armory tomorrow.
Speaker 4: She makes great music.
Speaker 3: Thanks and Sunday is she doing two nights at He's the Elephants at the Armory next Thursday. And then somebody by the name of pal McCartney.
Speaker 2: It is the biggest show in the history of the Twin Cities, and Sauce will check how many remaining tickets there are shortly Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well right now I think Mumfords in town.
Speaker 3: He was here yesterday.
Speaker 4: Yes, damn it, I love them. Where did they play area?
Speaker 3: Damn pau McCartney, You just make stadium a puddle of mud. What coming to town?
Speaker 4: But the Dina Entertainment Center. They wish me.
Speaker 3: In this moment at the myth.
Speaker 4: In this moment. Seen them in years eleven years? Is is that that? Yeah? I saw them in Cedar Rapids, m M Rapids.
Speaker 3: Here's a concert to put on your calendar. Do you know who Colin Hay is.
Speaker 4: Yeah? Oh yeah, the work, yeah work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's great, pantagious on Thursday, October thirtieth, but he's so good live.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's got crippling socks.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah he does.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: I just don't know what to do with myself anymore.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I want to go to Pantages tonight.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, then, Bud, Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 4: I might just stand outside and.
Speaker 3: You know what, that's a good thing for you for what?
Speaker 4: Just car Oh that's the car bit. Tickets are completely he's so good.
Speaker 3: He's Michael Motorcycle.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Paul, you do one.
Speaker 4: I like Dusty dirt bike. Okay, take that car. That's pretty good.
Speaker 3: You can't you can't handle that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, kiss it, kiss it.
Speaker 3: Maroon Fire is coming to the Granker.
Speaker 2: I would say, where media, did you guys see? Like, look, I know these guys. Let me make sure I have this number.
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: Did you guys know that is for Pilot at the Armory?
Speaker 5: One of the all time great aims for a band.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a break still really great music.
Speaker 2: Look, we understand once you get to the top of the music charts, you make a lot of money.
Speaker 4: Right, that's not breaking news. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Adam Levine of Maroon five was in the news two days ago because he sold his house for sixty million dollars. But let that sink in for a second. Sixty million dollars. What for the lead singer of Maroon five. I'm sure he's been on your bringing TV shows. Something called Montecito, California.
Speaker 3: No, it's actually Monticello, Minnesota.
Speaker 4: WHOA, there's a right down by.
Speaker 3: The nuclear plant.
Speaker 4: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 2: Somebody got ripped off and just go past the Albertville mall.
Speaker 4: Stop at the Puma store.
Speaker 2: Stop there and then go say hi to Adam Levine before he sells it sixty million. This other story says sixty five, but the TMC says sixty.
Speaker 4: Good for him, he needs it.
Speaker 3: The Theater November eleventh, Magna Rock featuring Me and Scarlet Hayes doing a companion show. Looking forward to going back to the Varsity.
Speaker 2: Absolutely one of the sneakiest, coolest spots in the Twins, the Varsity Suite.
Speaker 3: Love that place.
Speaker 2: It's also where I knew one of my all time favorite bands Run was over.
Speaker 4: Is that the Guy's still no sick? That's Fardo.
Speaker 2: Midland played there and I'd say the floor was about thirty percent full and then absolute emptiness. So John and my wife and I stood in the back and we looked around and we go, it's over.
Speaker 4: It's over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because they I don't know how many tickets they is sold, but it was very few and they crush it. It was awesome. They couldn't have been better. And no one was there. I go, it's over.
Speaker 4: I've never been there, but that's not even a big far.
Speaker 2: No it is, Nope, it was I'm gonna maybe I was a little bit of a I'd say half at most, that's how thin it was.
Speaker 4: And but the vibe in that spot is awesome. Yeah, it's great. It's a cool spot. I'm sorry, check this out.
Speaker 3: I'm excited to say that on Friday, November fourteenth, I get to play the Armory. Oh ye, opening for Chase Rice Rocket Club, opening for and I'm sorry, opening for Cole Swindell at the Armory.
Speaker 4: Oh that's sweet.
Speaker 3: I can't wait. I've never played there. Looking forward to that.
Speaker 5: What time will that be?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: You know what I forgot about until Dave Schwartz just texted me. Kissing Tommy reminds me of French Ean. Every Thursday, he asks me and reminds me. Remember the other day Zach and Parker Fox went to the Taste of the Wild.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, while they're bringing a bunch of that food in next segment. I like food, That's what I told him. Yeah, I go Saucay here Friday, bring it all. Pull your hands up. Paul McCartney plays tonight.
Speaker 3: He loves it.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: I'm so glad you don't do this to my show.
Speaker 2: No, because you could do it to We don't even advertise on the internet. I think what playing course field. Yeah, and a lot of seats available. Is it over for Paul? Is his run over?
Speaker 4: Is it over for the Beatles?
Speaker 2: There's multiple seats in every section available, and it's twelve hours from now.
Speaker 3: It is really hard to fill that many seats with people. I mean, this is not a shot, but people of that generation, because they've already seen him on the Guests a number of times. Yeah, and it's hard to leave the house when you're old, and trust me, I know this. Yeah, and it's a very very expensive ticket. Well it was, it's not anymore from what I'm hearing. I think it's a great show and I can't tell you how much fun it is to see mister Paul McCartney live. I would encourage anybody to go see that show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a good point, though it's hard to bring in a whole bunch of people that have never seen him.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Every time you roll through, I mean, which is not super often, but he's rolling through. There are multiple second row seats available for the show tonight tonight and the Paul McCartney showing Oh Can You Do Me? A favorite, just so Paul doesn't get depressed. Paul McCartney, not Lambert. Could you send those empty seats that like? Could you screenshot that and send it to the lead singer of Puddle of Mud so he doesn't feel that bad when they roll through. Yeah, but even McCartney can't sell tickets. I don't want West to feel bad. You know, have you seen them? Probably they probably opened up for somebody twenty five years ago.
Speaker 5: I like that man, that man? Yeah, sure, what was your favorite? Was it Puddle of Mud?
Speaker 2: That was? It wasn't didn't we play him back in the day where he tried to sing a Nirvana song and it was about the worst thing you've ever heard in your life.
Speaker 4: I think, And they just got I think.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he was dealing with some alcohol issues or some kind of an issue, but I don't know if that started a downward spiral for him, but it was bad.
Speaker 4: It went viral, and I think we played it on the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I Sauce would have hit more notes than that guy did, but he might not have been in the right state.
Speaker 4: I don't know. Who knows how cool.
Speaker 3: Would it be? Sarah McLaughlin is The Armory on Sunday, November twenty third, wouldn't you love to have her on a.
Speaker 4: Can you bring your dogs to that show? My god?
Speaker 5: Only no, it's a show of solidarity, like look at how much I like my dog?
Speaker 3: Only there remains what who's traveling with their dogs remaining?
Speaker 4: Sarah probably Bundy.
Speaker 3: Brian Adams is a Target center on November twenty sixth yea, I definitely am going to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hang on, you're a rock star, get your game on, go play. Okay, have you seen the Lilith Fair Hulu documentary dog Yet?
Speaker 3: I know that is my next thing to watch that and uh, of course today we have the oh yeah, John Candy, Yeah documentary. Oh god, he cannot wait.
Speaker 7: But mister minister, it isn't like this film is the first troublesome thing to come out.
Speaker 5: Let us not forget Brian Adams.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 4: The Canadian government has apologized with Brian Adams on several Kay what a movie that?
Speaker 3: Sunday, December seventh, A great band, Blackstone Cherries playing the Kaboos. Man. I am definitely The Kaboos is sweet it is and that band's great. They named themselves after Black Sabbath, Stone, Triple Pilots and Buck Cherry. How can you not love that's true?
Speaker 4: How did I not know that? I didn't know that's true?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh what an eclectic group even of those three.
Speaker 3: That's a great band. Man Trampled by Turtles just announced the Fitzgerald Theater on December eleventh. Sweet, the Jayhawks at the Fitzgerald as well. That's a great place to go to a concert. Holy, I love the ja man. The foods here, it is in foods here?
Speaker 4: Whoa?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: And by the way, the we're doing our Vietnam tribute show tomorrow night in sname of that city.
Speaker 2: Uh, dusty Cowtown. No, Steve, what's to start with?
Speaker 3: I think it starts with the w son of.
Speaker 4: Well Cicco Wilmer Did you know that? No? No, I think about yesterday WILMERT.
Speaker 3: That's right. Hey, Dave sar Wimmer, there's a few tickets available WILMERT tomorrow night coming on. It's a it's a it's called What's going on. It's a great tribute to Uh.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that's sweet. Look at Dave Schwartz.
Speaker 3: Do I have to?
Speaker 4: I don't have to. But there he is. You don't have to. Where is he He's Okay?
Speaker 3: That's a sight for sore eyes.
Speaker 2: Parish is behind you. Mark, it's going on. Yeah, Man, smells getting here, and I bet you have that stuff over there. I wouldn't even eat and still smells good.
Speaker 3: You're probably right.
Speaker 4: It's a couple of hot dogs. Caw DAVEY can say, Dave, have a seat. Dave passed away.
Speaker 3: Poor Dave.
Speaker 4: He'll be missed.
Speaker 3: I could have sworn. I just saw him just now on the screen.
Speaker 4: He will be missed.
Speaker 2: Baby. Yeah, I like to not find the guy from the Bear. No, all the actors and creators of that show would like to see him dismissed.
Speaker 4: Dave, How did you remember that name?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Hi, Dave Schwartz.
Speaker 2: A minute, it has been a minut. I missed you guys. Yeah, Parish sports Mark Parrish. I got to see Mark last night. We were hanging out last night the fund at the Dynamites fundraisers.
Speaker 3: Oh what a great now. I love that dyna Mites.
Speaker 4: That's great.
Speaker 3: Hey Hawk, Hi buddy, how are you good?
Speaker 4: How are you some real good?
Speaker 3: It's good to see you. Good to see you too. You just go on a trip or something. No, you went somewhere something. He was talking to me about you.
Speaker 2: I went to SA I go to Saint Paul It. Yeah, it feels like a trip some days traffic. Are you going to Saint Paul tomorrow for.
Speaker 4: Your home home?
Speaker 2: I am going to the home. Are you coming to the home? Can't make it?
Speaker 4: Okay? Next time?
Speaker 5: I can't make the second game I've seen a couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh no.
Speaker 4: I'm going to get my girls to a game at some point this right. They like the old Minnesota.
Speaker 2: While they're great, and because they're not that much into sports, my girls guess why they like to go.
Speaker 4: The food. The food. Food. Yeah, yeah, man, they like the food.
Speaker 3: Which smells good over there right now, I smell it from here.
Speaker 4: At all.
Speaker 3: That and a five nothing win.
Speaker 4: Last night, come on, domination last night.
Speaker 3: What a way to start a great season.
Speaker 9: Couldn't start much better than that.
Speaker 2: That's right, Parish. When you go watch the while, what do you eat? I mean, not in the press, the press, in the actual concourse.
Speaker 9: Like there's a there's a Philly cheese steak. There, there's some pizza that I get. Yeah, those are kind of my two go.
Speaker 3: Tosh pizza is good. I like the dessert cart. Yeah, that's Yeah, that ain't no fair.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well I like that pushes it?
Speaker 3: Well, sure I do. She pushes it on you. She's a pusher.
Speaker 9: Marks the worst likes to be told what he likes.
Speaker 3: I do, that's true.
Speaker 4: What do we got new this year?
Speaker 5: Well, I'm gonna I'm gonna let Matt Rosson talk about that. May Mat Are we doing so much? You got to eat all this stuff?
Speaker 7: On?
Speaker 4: Was it Tuesday? Tuesday?
Speaker 5: It was so it was so hard to get to the rest of the day. Yeah, Parker was there, was there? Dusty was there?
Speaker 7: Yeah, happy to have you guys out. We got a bunch of really good stuff. There's State Fair focused, I would say, yeah, focused. Yeah, we brought some boneless wings. I know there's some some chicken fans here at the show, chicken fans, but yeah, we got Prono pups with a cute little souvenir twig in there. It's like a hockey deep fried ranch with some hot honey, same one from the State Fairs.
Speaker 3: That Sauce's nickname.
Speaker 7: And and we got some Parogi's here, Saint Paul Perogi and one of our concepts. On the club level, they're absolutely delicious, been really really popular I'm glad everybody's liking them.
Speaker 2: And by the way, I believe if you have pogis and eventually it can straighten out if you take medicine.
Speaker 4: Exactly. That's why they give you.
Speaker 2: Exactly exactly you're not if you have pois at the Wild.
Speaker 4: Game, you'd be all right.
Speaker 3: They check you for it as you walk the checks, the dessert, card game, all the guys through the security, all the securities.
Speaker 4: Yeah, welcome to the Wild Game. Which way does your wider go isn't? Come on? Man? Class up?
Speaker 2: Ever?
Speaker 3: Just ask good time people in the studio.
Speaker 4: Why would I.
Speaker 3: Because we ask you to.
Speaker 8: So.
Speaker 5: Matt you mentioned you know you have a state Fair feel in front of you.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I assume it's a yearly assessment like what's working, what's not? Are we going to get nuts next year? Are we going to try something crazy? Or do we just hit the staples up? How do you who spins the wheel and decides what goes and what stays?
Speaker 4: Is it a team?
Speaker 7: We start thinking about the year prior, you know, we're thinking about it as we're going through last year.
Speaker 4: What's working? What's not?
Speaker 7: We go to the State Fair every single summer together, just kind of spur some inspiration, and it's Minnesota, so you got to stay true to what Minnesota wants, which is, you know, some some good, delicious state fair style food. So we really focus on that and and take inspiration from the state Fair. But we're thinking about a year round, tweaking things as they go and and making sure that the guests get exactly what they want.
Speaker 4: So yeah, we love it. Yeah, that's pretty cool, man.
Speaker 3: Ye can we go to break so I can eat?
Speaker 7: I also, I also brought with these boneless wings, kind of insider sauce trio here. We've got Revival black barbecue sauce, Thomas Bamers recipe. I brought some Rectangle Ranch. It's the best ranch in the whole entire world. Some classic buffalo here. But I can't wait for you guys to get into this stuff.
Speaker 4: What's this?
Speaker 7: This is a scotch Roo cookie dolls, whole mod It's so good. Scotch cup, scotch Roo cookie cup, so classic kind of church pot luck, butterscotch, peanut butter, chocolate chips, Crispy rice cereal.
Speaker 3: It's how are you not?
Speaker 4: I run?
Speaker 7: I run a lot in that stadium. Everybody makes comments when I'm walking like, is everything okay? You're not?
Speaker 8: So?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I keep myself moving exactly.
Speaker 3: Well, that's great, thank you for bringing that in.
Speaker 4: Man, it's my pleasure.
Speaker 2: Is there a spot on the website where you can see all this or do you just have to go to a game?
Speaker 7: Well, I so you just go to I say, you go to the game. But we've we've made it pretty easy to find what you want. You know, you go on the Wild app and you can find where all this food is, where it's located, and yeah, a lot of this stuff is available on the main level and on the club level. I think we want to show off some things that are available to everybody. Every guess that comes in there, not just the sweet level stuff and the club level stuff, but main level everybody food. So all this stuff is available for for everybody.
Speaker 3: Can you go to a Wild game and just not watch the hockey game just to eat the food?
Speaker 4: I wouldn't.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't blame yet, I wouldn't blame you.
Speaker 4: I think we get it. We get a you know, hockey fans.
Speaker 7: Are are really there for for hockey, so we don't get too many people lingering, but we fully support it, and we love the people like what we're doing over there, and we're going to continue to try and do it better.
Speaker 2: I love it so and you go to like you go to a game, you get all this different food.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Every time we go. We have to stop with the cookie though, and it doesn't matter what else we've gotten. My kids always have to go get cookie though. Yeah, they're smart, they can't.
Speaker 4: It's good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's always a line to the Zach, what'd you like.
Speaker 4: The other day?
Speaker 2: I do like the chocolate chocolate cookie.
Speaker 3: Yeah's break and we can eat. Let's go all right, then we can review stuff when we get a right perfect all right. Parish is here, Marnie should be here in a second. New go for basketball coach Nico medved In about a half an hour. This is the Power Trip Morning Show on the Fan.
Speaker 10: Time now for the Vikings Report, presented by Hive, the official growcery partner of the Minnesota Vikings linebacker Jonathan Grenard. It joins the Power Trip next thanks to Ivy.
Speaker 5: All right, welcome back to the Power to a morning show. Marnie Gellner just walked in. Mark Parrish is here.
Speaker 2: Dave Schwartz still hanging out we're playing initials in like forty five minutes, including Golden Gopher basketball coach Nico Medved. Haven't met him yet. That's super cool. Sounds like Marnie and maybe Chris and Leeber and some others met him a couple of days ago.
Speaker 5: I actually known him. I've known him for years. But oh you have right?
Speaker 4: How have you known him for years.
Speaker 5: When he was in Minnesota before?
Speaker 11: And we have mutual friends, you know, Greg and Darcy and I mean I haven't kept in touch with him. I hadn't seen him in years until he came back.
Speaker 2: But will he he will remember you?
Speaker 11: Yeah, okay, we've already talked multiple times.
Speaker 2: Did you hear the bit from the other day when we're pretty sure that Chris met him on Tuesday night or whatever that was, but had no idea who he was, which.
Speaker 11: Is okay again, that's there's nothing wrong with that Tuesday night bell Bank.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It's not like everyone there is required to know every other quote celebrity in the building. So it's not like Chris is like, I have to know that guy. But apparently I didn't know. He might have shook his hand and been like anything. You know, good?
Speaker 4: It is good. To see you and hey, how's it going?
Speaker 3: Had no idea, but I know that, and it could have been anybody. And I think I shook his hand as he was leaving, but I'm wouldn't.
Speaker 5: He wasn't wear the name tag like I think we did have name tags.
Speaker 3: Has just said University of Minnesota though, I think that's what.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And it could have been a donor. It could have been.
Speaker 3: Plus I lost's eyes.
Speaker 4: You were lost in who's eyes? Leah by Elsen?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Not Tommy Elsen and Tommy's eyes getting the old hey you hey? So how did you that now? Put together? That that is who Nico?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: I saw a picture of him, and I think and like I said, I'm not one hundred percent sure. He may tell me now, I've never seen you before in my life, and I I may have been not memorable at all, but I think that as he was leaving he shook it, shook my hand and said goodbye as he was walking on because I was talking to Gavin, you know what I mean. And uh so I think he said goodbye to Gavin, and then I think I might have said good bye.
Speaker 4: Were you on your way to pull a hockey?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: I just gotten there Marty.
Speaker 5: He reversed hockey. He came in at the very end.
Speaker 3: You know, sometimes you got to mix things up.
Speaker 5: I wonder, do we know how you get a day?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 4: You understand da book?
Speaker 3: Why do you set me up?
Speaker 5: I've been doing that a lot lately.
Speaker 11: Sorry, How did it come about that he is on today?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 5: Yeah, but was it at that event that night?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Liber talked to him and it sounds like Nico said he was interested, and then Ben basically booked him for us.
Speaker 5: I did none of the work.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that's interesting because when I was talking to Nico, he was at my table during dinner with Dave Thorson, who is an assistant coach who stayed on and I've also known Dave for a long time through the same mutual friends Greg and.
Speaker 5: Darcy and Nico.
Speaker 11: Dave was telling Nico about Initials and Nico had no idea. I didn't know the game, and I'm like, oh, you should, you should come on and we'd love to have you, and he's like, yeah, I will, but I got to watch a few games first. I said, yeah, no problem, and so we exchanged phone numbers and just kind of left it at that, And then the next day I get your text, Hey, Ben lever book Nico Medved I'm like, wow, great Ben, way to go. But I didn't know if if I started the ball rolling and then then well.
Speaker 5: I guess this is a good finish it on time to ask you?
Speaker 2: How come Ben cares so much about booking guests but you didn't seem to care that much.
Speaker 5: Well, I thought it planted a seed and I wanted him to not. It sounds like you could Darcy in a heartbeat.
Speaker 4: But no offense to those two.
Speaker 2: We want Nico, they be here for Darcy Man.
Speaker 11: I'll well, I'm just I'm happy he's here. He's a great guy. He was very excited about the game and was like intent on learning it. I was trying to give him time, like, don't don't come in when you don't know what you're doing. It's just you'll have much more fun if you understand. So I'm hoping you watched several episodes.
Speaker 2: One of my favorite things in the last now decade plus of Initials is when people come in for the first time, you get a little glimpse at how competitive they are, Like we all know. Famously, Koc was pissed he got shut out the first year, right, He's like, I gotta come back. I hate that I got zero, Like Bill Garrin a couple of weeks ago got.
Speaker 5: One and he's like, I'm coming back. Yeah, I'm coming back.
Speaker 2: That wasn't enough for him. He's like, I'm coming back. One's not good enough.
Speaker 5: Like you get on the board, you didn't good.
Speaker 4: It was like, no, that's not good. I'm coming back.
Speaker 2: It's I like, how a lot of really really good athletes take this very very seriously. They're just they have that competitive ed they don't want to lose.
Speaker 9: Little OCD about our competitiveness.
Speaker 4: Maybe it was on line seven. That can't be Nego.
Speaker 5: That's not the number he has, is it.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's Gregor Darcy. I didn't book him for this segment.
Speaker 2: Nobody, Oh wrong, may Hawk to be Gregor Dartsy.
Speaker 3: Calling in as Jack mayre O. Just talk to Paris.
Speaker 9: He heard me talk about the food in the press box.
Speaker 4: He's in town this weekend.
Speaker 2: He is behind, he'll be at the game this on Saturday night. Nice. I wonder if this is this steeling. I wonder if it's steeling and we just keep forgetting.
Speaker 3: It's some ugly guy.
Speaker 4: Named he's not on video.
Speaker 8: Bie guys, Marnie, I'm I'm so disappointed right now. Dad, Well pause pause pause, You and I were standing there talking to him about the initials. I was staying there with you, and you were like you should play and he's like yeah, I know, like that whole conversation where he was like, yeah, I probably need to go and like, knowing myself, I'm going to go home and watch like two hours on YouTube like you were telling him. I was just piggybacking off of you. So that that's how I've all got started.
Speaker 4: Thanks Marines.
Speaker 9: That was incredibly kind of you.
Speaker 4: Ben.
Speaker 3: You didn't even realize he was standing beside.
Speaker 4: That's not accurate, you spend mine.
Speaker 8: You didn't even realize that I was standing there with you. I mean, what am I? What is going on here? You know?
Speaker 3: To be fair, she was wasted.
Speaker 5: I mean people say it all the time. Ben Leber has a forgettable face, so.
Speaker 8: Well, I know, but I thought, by at least my smelling steed, you would remember.
Speaker 4: God, why did?
Speaker 11: It's hard to forget what That's what happened, Ben is. I had multiple conversations throughout the evening with NK, including.
Speaker 5: At my dinner table, which you were not in your house? Where did this that? What about how many people had conversations with Nico, everybody.
Speaker 4: All of Marty's personalities?
Speaker 11: I guess then, how did you actually get to the point where you booked him for today?
Speaker 8: I just texted Tim and I was like, hey, you my chance to have his number, and so yeah, I'm not close like you are to have his number, you know, but I thought we developed a pretty good relation. And that's not the first time I've met him either. I've met him several other times. So anyway, I just thought like, well, I just put the feelers out too. I'm like, okay, well let's I think he'd be a great guest and and it'd be fun to have him on there. And he was like, well, I actually could maybe do it this Friday if.
Speaker 3: So, then.
Speaker 8: So Corey was so. Then I was going back and forth with Corey and then we we finally booked it. But I definitely I want you to know that. I told Cory specifically, I said, because he's like, hey, man, thanks, I really appreciate it. I said, hey, this is like Martie was a huge assist, Like she was the one that was like talking to him about it. I was just kind of standing there listening. So I want you to have some of the credit as well.
Speaker 6: Mart I'm like a bank, then we'll give you credit. Yeah, and mart, I hope you weren't watching. I hope you weren't watching Corey's Poker Faith. No.
Speaker 4: I think I think everybody's doing a great job, very thankful for all of you.
Speaker 8: Want to call and give some context, And I just I feel bad that she, Marnie just forgot that I was there.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I guess I gotta.
Speaker 8: I guess I got to be memorable next time.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well, she was making its fishing there.
Speaker 4: And Marni didn't care. I wonder if ben got to meet Greg and Darcy. I guess we'll never know. All your hands up, Darcy?
Speaker 3: Yeah Greg as well?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Right, have you slept with the Darcy before?
Speaker 3: I've tried.
Speaker 2: Benjamin the Eagles a week and a half from now, we played the Minnesota Vikings, or the Eagles played the Minnesota Vikings and then, man, they looked rough last night in the Giants double them up thirty four to seventeen.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that was that was not good. I did not expect him to get physical like that. They were good. I mean, I mean take away scataboo. In the way that he runs. I mean, there's nobody that runs in the league that runs like him, but the way that they just kind of control the line screw which was very surprising. Yeah, yeah, Old, please hold please?
Speaker 3: Oh no, did he just fart in the flat?
Speaker 4: He's taking another call, maybe from Greg, probably ordering coffee or something. I hear him breathing to.
Speaker 3: Catch still here, were negotiating a deal with the lady of the night or you what?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not even going to try and say that one, do we.
Speaker 3: Ben Ben?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, been taken. Okay, buddy, you're talking to me. Yeah, yeah, this is a professionally run show.
Speaker 5: Ben, You're the best, dude.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Thank you for the clarification.
Speaker 8: All right, thanks guys.
Speaker 9: Thanks.
Speaker 8: In case you need to know, it's it's uh it's b N L E B E R. And uh yeah, I think we've met a few times, so maybe next time you'll remember talking to me.
Speaker 3: Oh hey, Ben, Ben, Ben, Ben, what do you know? Who the head? I'm sorry? The offensive coordinator of the Jacksonville Jaguars is.
Speaker 8: The offensive coordinator for the Jaguars. No, I think Liam Liam Cohen that calls the plays, but I don't know the ordinator.
Speaker 3: The offensive coordinator is grand Yudinsky.
Speaker 5: Did you know that?
Speaker 8: Oh that's right? No, No, No, that's right, yes if yes, Yes, that's.
Speaker 4: Up till last year, right, yeah, like twenty correct.
Speaker 3: Yeah he's young, dude, man. Yeah, that team is turning around quickly. Man, I had no idea that that was grant. I didn't know that until I heard a podcast with coach yesterday.
Speaker 4: He's in the row zone. He's got to be out of the row zone to be an offensive coordinator. Wow, doesn't he?
Speaker 3: I don't know. We're starting to see Koc's coaching tree happen right before our very ice.
Speaker 4: He was born in ninety six.
Speaker 9: I know.
Speaker 4: Cool.
Speaker 8: Wow, I know it's really cool. Yeah, they're doing a great job that they're a fun team to watch. And they wanted to get a little bit better on defense too by making a trade. So I think they're they're pushing a lot of chips in this year.
Speaker 3: They sure are right on right on.
Speaker 5: Thank you man, Thanks Ben, Bye, buddy, great Chob, Thanks guys, love you Ben.
Speaker 4: I love you all right.
Speaker 2: So Dave Schwartzen s Neo's going to be here in a second. Dave tomorrow home opener for the While Columbus at seven o'clock. All the new foods, all the old staples also available. That cookie dough was sick. That was unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Then there's another game.
Speaker 5: Was it Monday?
Speaker 4: Monday against the Kings.
Speaker 5: Then there's a long road trip before or the Mammoth come to town in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: That is, I know, that's so far down the road. I just love world that we're there because the manmouth is such a bad ass.
Speaker 8: Do you like that?
Speaker 4: Love it? I love it?
Speaker 5: I wanted yet, but the Mammoth is is is a closed second I wanted yeah, well yeah, yeah he's got it, but MAM's over run.
Speaker 4: That's pretty okay. The guy in Florida wanted yet.
Speaker 2: That was a Thermos thanks for curing. So yeah, I'll opener tomorrow. Game two is Monday against the Kings. Get your tickets dot com slash tickets were available.
Speaker 4: Go get all this scene, sau g. Would you like?
Speaker 2: Uh? The the ranch is outstanding. I was gonna have one of these paroguiese, but Martie like three of them. Off the plate, would you alone?
Speaker 4: And one of them.
Speaker 5: I said, how do I eat this? Do I just take the whole thing? And they're like, yeah, whatever you want?
Speaker 4: My god, Yeah, that's I'm a basic.
Speaker 3: Already know how to know.
Speaker 5: Nobody eat the chicken fingers.
Speaker 4: For sure?
Speaker 9: For sure?
Speaker 4: Did you have chicken fingers?
Speaker 5: Yeah they're Yes, they're outstanding, but yeah they're sorry.
Speaker 2: I always call those chicken fingers because that's how boneless wings are. Correct wings to have you have to have bones to have wings. You can't have boneless, boneless wings or chicken tenders.
Speaker 5: Corey, Dave, did I just walk into another bad take?
Speaker 4: Ignorant?
Speaker 8: I had this.
Speaker 5: Conversation so many times. Boneless wings aren't a thing, they're they're chicken nuggets.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's correct, thank you, Our chicken nuggets the same thing as chicken fingers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're just formed.
Speaker 8: To get the bear.
Speaker 4: You don't know anything about food.
Speaker 6: He doesn't like Tommy the expert right across the rooms, trying to give him some help and.
Speaker 4: Not talking.
Speaker 2: Dave, stop talking. Good to see it, dude, always good to see all day shorts. All right, we'll do Vikings news in a second. Nico Medvich should be here pretty shortly as well. We're playing initials in about thirty forty minutes or so.
Speaker 4: I'm in the Power Trip Moony Show on the Fan Minneapolis.
Speaker 1: It's time to put on your baggy sweatshirt and get ready to laugh. Comedy icon Adam Sandler is bringing his Your My Best Friend Tour to Grand Casino Arena on October twenty second. Don't miss out on brand new jokes, classic bits, and maybe even a song or two. Tickets are un sale that the full details at kifan dot com make the keyword calendar.
Speaker 3: That sounds like fun. Thank you guys, welcome back back to your morning show. And Starry food lets over there.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I made it.
Speaker 2: Fronto Folks is still working on Deep Fred Ranch. There were Parogi's, but Marty's hammering up. Yeah, she gets she couldn't wait for the break perishing Chris and Zach. Did you guys hear Sauce's transition in his commercial? Unfortunately not so This is why he's the master of improv.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 4: He's like, hey, it's meat Sauce and you could hear Marnie in.
Speaker 2: The background by like hi and you So Sauce goes Uh.
Speaker 12: Yeah, there's Marns over there. She's having more perogis. I wish you would share, But you know what you can share windows? His transition out of her not sure if it was.
Speaker 2: You know that thing that everybody shares windows and you can go to windownation dot com and share some windows. So, Paul, that's a good point. You've been over to my house multiple times. I feel so rude, dude. I've never once offered one of my windows for you to take home. Next time you come over, take one, all right, I'll just go and tell what's his face? Yeah, tell what's his face? Cory said, we're sharing windows, take any window in the house.
Speaker 4: That's not how this works.
Speaker 5: You know what you can share? It doesn't make any sense. I'm not right, all right, Zach already found it.
Speaker 4: Go back.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's meat sauce here, thank you, Martins. Marnh is enjoying more parogi's that we all were going to share. But mars Is, you know what you can share. Windows. They're great stocking stuffers. Yes, brilliant, brilliant. They're on every kids list. What do you want for Christmas?
Speaker 4: Sunny?
Speaker 3: So here's the sunny.
Speaker 4: It's Louis.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing real quick.
Speaker 1: This is News with Chris Hockey, presented by the twenty twenty six I A.
Speaker 4: Jeff World Junior Championship. Go thank you.
Speaker 3: That's fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thanks for the World Juniors.
Speaker 10: Time Fan on the Power Trip presented by All Around, Thank you, all Around.
Speaker 5: The The Minnesota Midcheans are off this week.
Speaker 4: You gotta get the Vikings.
Speaker 5: Series Vikings on the Power Trip presented by now Do It.
Speaker 3: The hold on Uh.
Speaker 2: Minnesota Vikings are off this week. They battled the Eagles nine days from today. The Eagles lost last night, Wow, thirty four to seventeen to the Giants. They've lost two straight. Cam Scataboo had three rushing touchdowns. The Eagles are four and to the Giants are two and four. Martin's Uh, Carly and Tommy didn't even forget to make their picks and they're already out.
Speaker 5: They both took the Eagles last night. We've already lost two. I am I had a very unpopular pick in the Titans.
Speaker 3: No you.
Speaker 4: See you picked that? Hang on, she just wants to lose. They work week.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I have the Raiders over the Titans.
Speaker 3: That's a good pick.
Speaker 5: And they're both bad teams.
Speaker 11: But my strategy was I'll probably never want to use the Raiders again, so I will use them this week when they're playing an even more terrible team.
Speaker 5: And then I looked at all the rest of the picks and.
Speaker 11: Seventy five percent of yous took the Packers. Yep, yeah, which could be great for me. If the Packers lose that right, would be real bad if the Raiders lose.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I always feel bad when Crisly and Corey don't do what I do. I was like, oh God, they picked the Colts. They're probably right.
Speaker 4: What did you do? I picked the pack Yeah, that's the fifteen point favorites.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the way.
Speaker 4: Now. They were ten and a.
Speaker 2: Half point favorites when I took him last time and they lost. What did they lose to Joe Joe Flacco? Yeah, they play the Bengals and Joe Joe. Yeah, do it again me, Joe fla Flaco. Now the Packers will win. They're coming off the buy and it's at home and who cares?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Who cares? They just make more money.
Speaker 3: You're head coach in mine KOs Is on the podcast with that one. Dude, would I say, sus Uh, Pete sreg Yeah, Schrager's podcast, and it's hard to listen to for some reason. Sreger. You know when I'm like, it's a phone interview, and sometimes the interview e has a bad connection and the interviewer is doing his best to get through it. It's the exact opposite. Koc sounds great, Sregger, you can't hear, and he sounds like he's on helium. But Kos's dynamite in this interview. So I'd encourage you to listen to. It just came out yesterday. It's real good, real real good. Yeah. Talks about the trip and uh talks about his Uh, there were all kinds of things. I want to look and see the people that are in the league whom he has coached with and or played with throughout his career, because it's really really something how he's learned so much from so many different people. It's really something.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you do learn a lot from being traded and moved around.
Speaker 3: Quite a bit, right, right, and he by the way, you know, it's a great point. You know what else is interesting is you know that thing Lieber told us about about the I think Fox or maybe it's ESPN, but the boot camp they do for people who might be in broadcasting. Coach did that, Yeah, he did, And he had two guys who were kind of I can't remember who they are, kind of big deals. Now, who are you know doing it? Who are former players who were doing it now? Made it through? And he said he had a choice at one point, like do I want to keep doing this or do I want to go back and do some coaching, And he obviously chose coaching. But now sometimes he gets interviewed by people who he actually called games with his career.
Speaker 4: It's interesting.
Speaker 2: Didn't he tell us that he went and did like a San Diego State game, like right after he got let go?
Speaker 3: I think so? And yeah, I think he did like all of an entire season for Army games.
Speaker 4: So yeah, yeah, I think that's correct.
Speaker 3: It's a good interview. I'd encourage you to do it. And he apparently has a really good interview with Shrigger because they talked like old friends.
Speaker 4: Shrigger is great.
Speaker 9: That it's cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what'd you call me?
Speaker 4: Fas?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What is that? That was very below the belt, right according to what I was gonna make a joke, But it wasn't gonna be funny.
Speaker 5: Now you started it.
Speaker 2: On this show, every joke has to be finished here with the rest of that joke is the fans Paul Lambert. According to Marnie, if hockey spats so he can't see below his belt, it's not bad.
Speaker 4: When is When is the next?
Speaker 2: Common in Sauce comedy Spicer.
Speaker 4: New London, Max is on the green? Thank you, Zach?
Speaker 7: He is?
Speaker 4: Yeah, well probably h third two Zach o'nico's downstairs. You want to go grab him?
Speaker 3: No, Hey, you know what we need to do this because we haven't talked to any wild hockey with Paris.
Speaker 5: Are you alway?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Oh hi, I'm ready.
Speaker 3: Let's one minute.
Speaker 5: You got exactly one minute. You're ready?
Speaker 4: One minute.
Speaker 3: It's time for the Hockey Minute with Mark Parrish, brought to you by my friends at Saint Cloud State University. Oh well, I'm going to talk about obviously.
Speaker 6: Well, first of all, thank you very very much, Saint Cloud State University. Honor of inducting me into the Hall of Fame, that's pretty big.
Speaker 4: I'm truly honored.
Speaker 9: Thank you very very much, Saint Cloud State University.
Speaker 6: But I mean, hey, a lot to be excited about with the while that five oh start last night, Gustafson obviously playing outstanding, uh covering up any mistakes that were made, and there's plenty obviously early on in the season for John Hines and the coaching staff to chew on and talk about in the room. But you literally couldn't ask for much better of a start. Your your your big number one goal, your signed to a big contract. It's a big shutout. Your top blind Caprizov, Rossy and Boldie that just picked up up right where they left off in preseason, are absolutely dominant, and you're getting some depths going with one of my favorites, the one of my man crushes, Ryan Hartman chipping in. There's literally everything everything looks great right now. But as goes the NHL, good job boys do.
Speaker 4: It again under sixty two. Damn that was good.
Speaker 6: I was.
Speaker 8: I was.
Speaker 6: I was a little nervous because of course I had to thank Saint Claud's state there.
Speaker 4: But but yeah, yell did did No, that was fun. You're great game last night.
Speaker 5: All right, Well come back, we'll do Fan five. But more importantly, we'll meet them.
Speaker 2: You'll go for basketball coach Marnie won't meet him She's already known him for years through Gregor and Darcy.
Speaker 5: The rest of us will get a change to me.
Speaker 2: Nico Meddet of the Minnesota Golden Go for basketball team after this