Speaker 1: It's Marcus in the morning. It's second date at daytime, quickly reviewing. If you go on a date and you get ghosted, you just call me and then we will call your date and see what the deal is. Ryan is on the phone. Ryan, Good morning, Good morning. Hey, mar let's let's talk about your date. So this lady Ashley who you met online, roll it out for me, Like, what did you guys, what did you do?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I took her to Castro Street in Mountain View, Okay, And I thought that the date went really good. I mean like it felt great. It was it was pretty easy conversation. She was beautiful. I thought the chemistry was there. I knew if I get her to laugh and things like that, then that's a good sign. And I think we were both laughing a lot at a certain point.
Speaker 1: And the weather's been the weather's been great, and like Castro Street is such a fun place to eat.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, absolutely, And I think the atmosphere is really good. Okay, So I felt super comfortable and yeah, I mean I'm kind of going through it in my head and I just like I couldn't find a place where I messed up or anything like that.
Speaker 2: I know, even at the end, there was a chance to I kiss, and I.
Speaker 3: Just didn't do that. I was like, Okay, I'll say this for the next date.
Speaker 1: Ryan obviously listening.
Speaker 4: I've been.
Speaker 1: I've been asking, especially dudes for the last couple of weeks. All right, tell me where you screwed up. It would save us a lot of time. But you can't think of anything.
Speaker 3: No, But that's why I was doing it.
Speaker 2: I was like going through all the calculations in my head.
Speaker 1: Okay, and she's gone, like gone gone, not like slow playing, but gone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like totally ghosted. I texted her a little bit after and I didn't get a reply.
Speaker 2: I got like that was a great night, and then that was it. And then she didn't text me anymore.
Speaker 1: Okay, go ahead and meet your phone. We're gonna call Ashley and try to figure out why she ghosted on you. Here we go. Hello, Hi, is this Ashley?
Speaker 4: This is Ashley.
Speaker 1: It's Marcus calling from Star one on one three.
Speaker 4: How are you a good? Good I listen to you guys all the time.
Speaker 1: Love it. Good morning?
Speaker 4: Wait? Hold on, yes, is this second date update? It is? Are you calling because of Ryan?
Speaker 3: I am?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, Okay, he's on the line right now, right, he's listening.
Speaker 1: He is Ryan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, Actually, hey.
Speaker 1: So Ashley, did you ghos on on Ryan?
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, yeah, okay, I did, okay because I just okay, So honestly, the second I second I saw you, Ryan, like the date just I knew it was just not gonna play out like it's just it's gonna be probably like a friend thing at most happened well because okay, I spend an hour or so getting ready, I get my hair done, I get like a cute outfit. I put in the word like make up my nails, the whole thing, like I really put an effort to. It's a date, right, and Ryan shows up and he's looking like he just like wandered out of a startup breakroom. What do you mean, Well, he's like the stretchy hybridtech jene pants that were like way too tight, the plain white T shirt like the zip up hoody, and then the hair, like the damn hair, like I just I don't know, it looked like he just got in a fight with like some type of animal or like a I don't know, it was just it was all over the place. It would just it looked honestly looked like the wind blew into it like one hundred and twenty miles per hour. It was insane. I was like, what you look like you just woke up from the bed and you were like, hey, what's up? Like it just it was bad? Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Ryan, go ahead, okay, yeah, that that's intentional. Like I have to tell you I used texturizing product in my hair and then I spent a lot of time actually making it look casually messy. This is like a it's a I just woke up look, that's actually does this?
Speaker 4: You can't intentionally style your hair to look like you overslept and call that fashion. I'm sorry, but that's no girls.
Speaker 2: This is like a relaxed look did yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like if you're grabbing coffee on a Sunday morning, cool, but not for the first date where you're trying to make an impression, you look like you just no. Like that's and the worst part about the whole thing is that you you kept calling me fancy all night because I'm wearing heels, Like what because I dressed up? But I looked nice.
Speaker 2: I mean you looked really nice. I just think you have you're fancy.
Speaker 3: That's that's why I said it.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I work in tech.
Speaker 4: You know that.
Speaker 2: It's just like I work long hours and it's just when you go every single day, it's basically my whole at the same type of look cool.
Speaker 4: But this is still a date, like not an emergency slack meeting, you know what I mean? Like, I personally feel like effort matters, and that shows what type of person if you're putting an effort into this date, you know, like like you could see a lot from a person just even by how they present themselves, especially on the first try.
Speaker 1: So if Ryan could you dress up a little bit next time, and Ashley if he does, would you be interested maybe in a second?
Speaker 4: What? No, Sorry, okay, I'm just not interested.
Speaker 1: Now hang on you guys. Effort matters. That's the quote for this morning. Second date update.