Speaker 1: It's mojo in the morning. So Anna went out for dinner with some cheap friends. Should we say that or who I want.
Speaker 2: To say that? You have to hear the situation.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: So there's this place that I go to downtown all the time because I live downtown, and they always treat me phenomenally, Like if there's a wait and I walk in, they will clear something off.
Speaker 3: Just okay.
Speaker 2: I don't ask them to do this, but they just know that I'm a regular there. They know what I order. So I go there with one of my friends and my friend picks up the tab. They tip, like if twenty percent was five dollars and eighty cents, they tip five dollars, So a little under twenty percent.
Speaker 3: Your friends do that, yes, okay?
Speaker 2: And I saw this, and I'm freaking out because I'm like, no, I always tip them well because I know that they're gonna treat me well. So in my head, I'm like, this is not even twenty percent. Yes, it's it's close, but like, it's not twenty percent. So my friend and I leave. I walk them to their parking garage because we were downtown, and then I was gonna walk home. I went back in and I said, I just slipped like another ten on the table after they already cleared it off too, but I was freaking out.
Speaker 3: Is that bad? How much was the booth?
Speaker 2: I don't know, but like, so.
Speaker 1: You went and put money back on the table. Basically, I have so I have family members that are like your friends. They don't understand that twenty percent is a should be a mandatory tap. More than twenty percent is probably what to be expected. Like it is, you know, especially because like we're making them work, like it's not like one of those it's not one of those things.
Speaker 3: Where it's like making them well.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of times like if you're going out and you're getting you're ordering pizza at a pizza place, you know, which I rarely ever have done, but you're their person's basically bringing pizza on a couple of drinks to you. But if you're like ordering a bunch of things and they're constantly refilling your waters and making sure that you know you are well taken care of, they deserve more than whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know these people.
Speaker 2: Are close to twenty percent. Like should I just let it pass? Uh?
Speaker 3: No? I think that it was a good idea because this is a regular spot.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. If I wasn't a regular, I think I would have been you would have did.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I actually think the action of what you did too, if they especially if they saw you, is going to make them love you even more than they already do that you cared so much enough to come back and leave more money.
Speaker 1: I have it where I feel like if I don't give a good enough tip, then they're going to say something, especially if they their listeners or they or radio listeners or something like that. Like there are times where I'll sit there and go because I'll never forget when we've gotten calls over time of that guy on Channel four didn't you know, didn't leave me a tip and people would would give us calls about that. So you're not guilt tripping, you guilt tipping guilt tipping. Yeah, that's actually an interesting term to that. Yeah, if you're a.
Speaker 3: Good person, you're gonna get some bread out of me. Yeah. I'm more personality driven than work driven. Oh yeah, are you tipping more than twenty?
Speaker 6: I'm not sitting up there count like that. To be honest with you, Like, I try to give a nice round number you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Or add up to the hundreds? How pull out a calculator on you in the mini? Not gonna. I will tell you this.
Speaker 1: I've been out with people before and one of them is actually a relative. And when they were paying, they were like, no, we're treating you guys. I've looked and I've gone you gotta go a little Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I said to them, like, because it would be like one hundred and like sixty dollars and they would leave like a twenty dollars tip. Yeah, and I'm like, that's not even twenty percent. Yeah, man, it makes us all look bad.
Speaker 3: Dog.
Speaker 6: Remember one time we went to bob Evans this fresh out of high school.
Speaker 3: I think we say the name of the place right too. We went the bob Evans down on the farms.
Speaker 6: I had I had the what is that the rare robin thing for some reason, the same thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but a.
Speaker 6: Homie took the tips.
Speaker 3: Bruh, what are your friend? Yess? I'm talking about, bro, I'm talking about.
Speaker 6: We were at it. It was like Thanksgiving dinner. It was about fifteen of us. We was all there. Everybody paying own bill, dropped their little fuse and tunes and we leave it, and then I see him go back for something, and I'm like, I'm not just gonna let the homie leave and go back by himself to the car, so let me go back.
Speaker 3: Looked over to say he was in there, Like, I wonder if.
Speaker 2: You thought it was bad service or if he just wanted the money.
Speaker 3: He might have just been broke.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 1: My favorite is when you go out to eat with people and you decide you're gonna both put credit cards down and split the tip. I always have to go and go, what are you doing for a tip? Because I don't want it to be a situation where they leave an exorbitantly nice tip And I go and I just leave whatever I think it's going to be the twenty something percent. Yeah, you don't want to look like, yeah the guy was.
Speaker 3: Just do what you do. Stop worrying about how you look. The chase for you doing hard. Guy left bad people that can't.
Speaker 5: I'm calling out my friend Lind's lindsay, I love you, but whenever I go out to dinner with her and we all split it, right, so we each get our own receipt, and she's always like what I see her doing math and like carrying me to and carrying it.
Speaker 3: I'm like, what in the actual f are you doing?
Speaker 5: And she's like, I I just can't do the math.
Speaker 8: I can't.
Speaker 3: I'm like, it is so easy for you the math?
Speaker 9: Are you guys kidding me?
Speaker 2: I need my calculator. I might even need a special tip calculator.
Speaker 3: But I'm watching her do it.
Speaker 2: Yes, some drinks.
Speaker 1: When I used to date, when I first dated Chelsea, I carried a card mark. It was a tip. It was a tip card. Yeah, that shows you I had that. And what do you do when you're playing blackjack?
Speaker 3: When?
Speaker 1: When do you hit? When do you stay? What's going on? How you doing?
Speaker 3: Scott?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 9: Good?
Speaker 7: My mother, who's ninety years old, decides to take me up and my wife and my daughter up for dinner and we go to Pocanos in Troy, and the bill came to like one hundred and thirty five dollars, and I look and she leaves the person fifteen dollars tip.
Speaker 3: I go, are you out of your mind?
Speaker 7: So I had to slip a twenty dollars bill into the bill because I didn't want to be embarrassed.
Speaker 3: It was like, how do you tip like that?
Speaker 2: That's older generation.
Speaker 1: Did you tell your mom you're not going to be able to take it with you? Mom, come on, leave a little bit of money there.
Speaker 7: No, I actually didn't even tell her. I was doing it as we were walking out the door.
Speaker 1: I got's smart, I just slept it. Don't even embarrass don't embarrass her. What's going on, Brianna? How you doing?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 4: So I typically go out to lunch with my grandparents, and my grandfather is a terrible tipper, so tip three dollars no matter what.
Speaker 2: The bill is a.
Speaker 8: Little bit extra.
Speaker 2: And I was like, why are you always sitting, you know, crappy?
Speaker 4: And he said, well, I.
Speaker 7: Go to church and Jesus, I don't even ask for.
Speaker 6: Twenty You're only getting ties, one for the father, one for the son, for ghost.
Speaker 3: What's up, Nicole? How you doing?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 4: Good morning everyone?
Speaker 3: Morning.
Speaker 4: So I wasn't gonna say, Anna, if your friends are paying for the bill, why not just automatically leave the tip for the bill. Whenever me and my friends go out, if someone covers the bill, I always pay the tip because and go over to twenty percent because that's less than.
Speaker 3: What my bill would have been.
Speaker 2: That's a good idea I should have offered that.
Speaker 1: Well, that's how you could have gotten You could have said that to them at that time. Dennis, what's up, Dennis? I?
Speaker 3: Hey, yeah, you guys are talking about like doing math.
Speaker 2: So if you just move the decimal over one, like one spot, that's.
Speaker 9: Exactly are you joking to the left.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm raking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is that new math. This is that new stuff they teach you.
Speaker 4: What's going on, Tiffany, Hi, bye, guys, good morning morning.
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 8: I was calling because I totally relate with Anna because my parents. I actually stopped going out to dinner or lunch or anywhere with them because they are they don't tip, and if they do it with a couple of dollars, and it's so embarrassing, I will always stay behind and make sure I gave them more money. And I was like, you know, I'm not going out there with y'all.
Speaker 6: You're so rude.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: By the way, I also do this too, if tivity, If I go out with friends and we're sitting at the table for a long period of time, because I got some friends that want to sit there forever. If we're taking up the table, you got to leave more money because that yeah. Yeah, Like the worst is the people that come home from church and go to restaurants and they stay.
Speaker 3: There all day. Man oh man, I gotta gotta talk about church.
Speaker 5: I wanted the Gallery and Bloomfield right next to Steve's Deli Sane. There are people there for seven.
Speaker 1: Hours after church. Alexander's Jay, Alexander's on a Sunday. A couple of times, I'm like, guys, come on the Lord. Why don't you guys going home