Speaker 1: Listen up. The ratings just came in for last month. We are number one. We just grabbed every key demogram super duper. That's nice.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's right.
Speaker 1: Good news.
Speaker 2: It is the fourteenth day of August twenty twenty six. Guess what you made it the Friday morning.
Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 2: My name is Chris Hacking, and what a big day we've got the final I believe it's the final round of the first round of the Initials tournament. And Saucy gets his shot today. My main man, Mark Parish is on his way in. I think Marni Gallarney's gonna stop by today too, Is that right? I think that's right. And a cast of thousands obviously coming in to play the Initials game. Here we go, ladies and gentlemen. The Patrick Morning Show has begun. Here's some comedy, Ryan full of the Patrick Morning Show on a Frinday, Come on on a Frinday, Come on in. I am glad you are here.
Speaker 3: I led to a party and I met this guy who had the word Cheeto's tattooed on his knuckles. And the first thing I said to him was, you need to put some gloves on due you're gonna get shot this is Dorito's territory. We got to talk and I asked him. I was like, how'd you get the tattoo? He said, me and my friends are smoking a blunt the size of a baby. I got really hungry and I said I would do anything for cheetos and his friend was like, anything for Cheetos.
Speaker 1: I was like, Wow, that's a great story.
Speaker 3: Then that's about the rest of the night, trying to get him drunk so I could convince him to get his fingertips tattooed orange.
Speaker 4: Oh that's right, sweet and fetus on your side. You here the distance unders in you stray.
Speaker 5: It is Friday, August fourteenth of twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: It's the Power Trip Morning Show.
Speaker 5: We made it to the end of the week.
Speaker 1: I'm Corey Cove. That's Chris Hockey.
Speaker 5: There's Meat Sauce, Paul Lambert, there's Zach Halverson and Brighton Early. There's our guy, Mark Parrish yet sexy on some bitch. You get Marky Mark Morning guys bringing in coffee and.
Speaker 1: Food as you always do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Marnie Gallon will be here at like six thirty, and then the room gets packed about seven thirty with Gavin Cayson, Adam Thielen, Daniel Hastings, Matt Minster. Those four will take on Sauce at eight fifteen's today.
Speaker 1: Let's let's say what Sauce. There's no babes today.
Speaker 5: I mean, I mean Marnie. Oh yeah, but not in the game. In the game, Sauce is a babe.
Speaker 6: Yeah, thanks man, Yeah, I'm a babe.
Speaker 1: Well of mister z. At six twenty full show, Mista.
Speaker 5: Zee Sauce is wearing a shirt that says sworn to Meat Sauce twenty twenty eight, with a quote that says better than Mark Rosen?
Speaker 1: Did you get that shirt?
Speaker 2: Got the State?
Speaker 1: No? Nick Sports had made it for me. He's got to make one for all of this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, that should be the Yeah, I love it. It would sell yeah yeah, yeah, it's not too late. He gave it the Okay, he said it would make a great Fair T shirt. So okay, yeah, he said, yeah, it would be a great State Fair T shirt.
Speaker 1: Will be better than Mark Rosen. That's the only reason he made it is so he could write that, Hi Mark, Hi Corey, how you doing. How are you man?
Speaker 6: I'm doing all right? Got all the Iowa gear. You've fully converted. Yeah, it's over for you. Well, it's it's happening this Sunday.
Speaker 7: And somehow this week has been the longest and the quickest.
Speaker 1: Week of my life.
Speaker 7: So I'm so excited, it's so sad all at the same times.
Speaker 5: What it was Mark, Yeah, we talked about it with Leeber in the last week or so because he just went through it at Auburn with Ames, and.
Speaker 1: Now Parish has to do it with Gianna.
Speaker 2: And Ames as well.
Speaker 1: Close to Ames Iowa.
Speaker 6: Yeah, oh yeah, yeah, the rival Sunday.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Oh, I'm gonna be crying way harder, way harder.
Speaker 2: It's Mark in the toilet.
Speaker 1: Do you guys drive down Sunday?
Speaker 7: Yeap, drive down Sunday. We check her into her dorm or moverr and I guess to her dorm at five or five thirty. Her roommate doesn't move intill the next day. So then she's going to spend one more night in the hotel with us. We're going to get up and have breakfast, and then it's Niagara Falls.
Speaker 2: Niagara Falls, Baby, Yeah, you know what movie that's from Bruso Mighty Nope, but yeah, I mean yeah, it's a ghost he says, Niagara.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's Jaws.
Speaker 2: No, it's from Scrooged the Bill Murray Christmas.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, I love that ghost and Jaws. The references other areas in the Northeast. I've never seen that movie, really screwed.
Speaker 6: Come on, I've never seen the whole thing either. No, I've never seen the same pieces of Bill Murray. Yeah, me, well with you in spirit, Marco, thank you, brother, brother, thank you the hell of a.
Speaker 2: Rite of passage and congratulations, you know.
Speaker 6: Thank you. Yeah, must have done something right.
Speaker 2: That's the thing, right, I mean, like that's the you know, we've said it's seventy five thousand times. We'll say it's seventy five thousand more. But that's the reason you raise them is to leave you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, didn't screw it up too bad.
Speaker 5: Is Turner looking at this like this sucks my sister's leaving or is it like finally I made my family disappear?
Speaker 1: Do you know? Yeah?
Speaker 6: I mean he's playing it, but we had to.
Speaker 7: Uh. One of her friends had kind of right, pick a song and tell her why you think of her, why it.
Speaker 1: Reminds me of you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Yeah, And he picked I wish you were here, not because of the song necessarily Floyd Pink Floyd.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but he was raised by Paris. But yeah, he doesn't want it to go so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it'll be it'll be uh funny.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, not trying to make you cry. It five thirty six in the morning on a Friday. But I reached out to Gianna and I wanted to know if she wanted to say anything to you on the air, and she left a little message, would you like to hear it?
Speaker 1: I would love to hear it. I watch you again for the rest of my whole life.
Speaker 2: She sounds younger than ye ready.
Speaker 6: She has been ready for a couple of years. She can't wait to get.
Speaker 5: Down ready yet it's not nice right exactly, but yeah, good for her.
Speaker 7: She's always been fearless with I've always been so proud of and now all of a sudden, I'm terrified over it there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Now, does she have the same major as her dad? Because you majored in hockey. It's aint cloud correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, she's got these things called brains.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, she's business marketing and psychology. I'll give you one guess why she wants to get into a little psychology.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, yeah, buddy.
Speaker 1: Good for you, man, you should be real proud. I am.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I am, And I'm looking forward to now that I'm a Hawkeye football fan. Minnesota's homecoming this year is against Iowa. My father in law is a die hard Gopher football fan. And I said, how are you going to feel with me sitting next to you and black and yellow?
Speaker 1: Go sit next to Greenway you and Chad high five?
Speaker 7: Hell yeah, I got a couple of buddies that played at the Gophers.
Speaker 6: I'm like, you know, I'm going to get a picture with you that day.
Speaker 1: That's great. She can't get this school now.
Speaker 5: I think I think I was kind of a sweet spot, right because I think it like Ben has to drop Aims off in Auburn. That's that's half a country away, right, that's a lot. I mean, there's no weekend drive home. There's like it's a full on flight.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: I was the sweet spot where she's on an island by herself. It's far enough away where mom and dad can't just pop in, yep, but within striking distance if you really got to get there, you can be there in what four hours or something? Yeah, depend it's kind of a sweet spot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, didn't you buy your cat and named it Boo boo boobooy.
Speaker 1: Go get me some help, oh buddy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and she and her she's going down there with two of her best friends, which are which is great. She's not rooming with either one of them, but she's she's going to be down there with them, and she's there's a couple of concerts she's coming back for, like right away, one in August, one is September. So yeah, so she'll be back and forth plenty. And we already laid the groundwork where if she comes back to the cities, she has to stop by mom and Dad.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Sure, Yeah, here's here's one that I will tell you that I want you to put in your back pocket and keep there because you'll probably need it. About three times. You can do this, You're okay. I appreciate that, not just you, but her as well.
Speaker 1: Only three times.
Speaker 2: No, Yeah, she's going to have a few times where she's going to be like, I can't do this, I want to come home. Yeah, just you can do this, You'll be okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I told her.
Speaker 7: You know, it's going to take you know, two three weeks maybe a month to get used to it. But once you, once you kind of get used to it. You're going to have a blast.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: Lieber and I were talking about this off the area yesterday. That freshman year of college for somebody who leaves the house, leaves the nests, and you're out of there and you're on your own. You're living in your own apartment or your own dorm or whatever it is.
Speaker 6: That first year. Most people don't know what their major is, yet some do.
Speaker 5: It sounds like Janna has at least a path in mind yep, even though she obviously has a year or two to change her mind. But when you're just doing the generals and you're just like essentially like.
Speaker 1: This right, I watch you for the rest of when you're like.
Speaker 5: I made my family disappear, and you're like, wow, I have complete freedom. I'm an actual adult. That first year is so much fun. Then, I would argue, sophomoor ish year, you're like, oh boy, I better figure out what I want to do with the rest of myself. That first year, though, was the fun year. You can extend mine into the first and second year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you.
Speaker 7: Nobody's telling you to go to bed, you know, you get up, You're completely on your own. That that feeling of responsibility and being a grown up is incredible.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing, though, man, there's a difference between going to college close enough to drive home in the weekend and going to college two or four hours away. Yeah. That that's a that's a huge difference, man. Yeah, a lot of kids have a hard time being that far away from home, even if they don't expect it, you know.
Speaker 7: Yeah, she had a friend that went to Hawaii and she lasted about three weeks and couldn't take it. And she came back going to the Minnesota And that's understanding.
Speaker 1: Long ways away for sure. For sure.
Speaker 5: Sounds good on paper though, right, that's spent the next four years in paradise. Yeah, yeah, man, I'll know. I'll give my my brother a ton of credit. My brother gave me the best advice going into college. You basically said, the number one thing you learn in college is time management.
Speaker 1: I'm still waiting to learn ships. It's the truth, though, It's like yeah, and he he's like, look, mom.
Speaker 5: And dad aren't going to say this, but he's like, this is the truth. He goes, you have to skip classes once in a while because you have.
Speaker 6: To prioritize a different project. Or a different test over a class. He's like, nobody's going to tell you skipping classes is correct, But you have to figure that out for your own.
Speaker 1: You have to manage your time. And it's like what mom.
Speaker 5: And dad are supposed to tell me what I'm supposed to do? And then once you're once you're on your own though. That's that is what adulting is is time manager.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here's what you say, you go, I got homework.
Speaker 6: Get it headings the bar, Yeah, to Saint Love.
Speaker 5: But that's that's the beauty of it, right as you make that choice and if you suffer the consequences, then you suffer the consequences.
Speaker 1: But was it worth it? What am I? Missy Elliott? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Great man.
Speaker 7: And that's that's one thing Gianna is actually really good about too already.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, for sure.
Speaker 7: She's always she's typically the first one ready and getting giving us crap to get ready to get out on time, and uh, you know a little bit always sleep. Yeah, I've never been you know, called quick. Yeah. No, So she's she's really good about that already, and she understands, you know, to priorities like classes and everything like that. But yeah, it's it's a whole new ballgame when you're out on your own.
Speaker 1: This is college, just isn't high school? Right? Well, good for her, good luck, thank you, I need it. Sweet kid. She's gonna do good.
Speaker 2: She'll do great, and you'll be fine too.
Speaker 1: I am looking forward to it. Yeah, yeah, yep, yeah, I just kinda sit here for a second.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna do my best. I just I remember how all the times I heard Forever Young.
Speaker 7: Yeah, thanks God, you guys can't play I ever tell you. My parents made Gino and I a tape. Uh and when we went to college and gave it to one to each of us, uh and it was literally Forever Young just on repeat. Oh yeah, that wasn't nice.
Speaker 5: Take When Rod Stewart or whoever wrote that song, I don't know if he has the writing creditor, whoever wrote that song.
Speaker 1: Do you think when they wrote that they knew it was going to be.
Speaker 5: For high school graduations and things for the rest of time? Or was it just like, this is a nice song about growing up.
Speaker 2: We had a little boy at the time, And the reason I know this, Corey, is because little boy just had the cutest red, curly hair and I saw him perform it. Live, like at the Grammys or something like that, and he.
Speaker 1: Brought the little wrong the time it came out.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, it's brand new, and this sticks in my mind. I guarantee you can find this on YouTube. He brought the little boy on stage and there's like a you know, a catwalk, and he's walking and at the end of the little boy comes up and he's holding the little boy's hand and he walks and then he does this rock star move where he turns and he almost drags the whole boy across the stage. And he's trying to be a rock star because he's Rod Stewart and he's playing to the crowd, and I thought he was going to jerk the arm off his So the only reason I'm pretty sure he wrote it, and I'm pretty sure he wrote it about his own little boy at that moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, So I.
Speaker 2: Gotta find that because I remember being disturbed by how he you know, it was a tough spies Rod Stewart, He's being a rock star, but he almost dislocated his son's shoulder about five times.
Speaker 5: It's got to be one of the most popular songs that has made the most people cry happy tears.
Speaker 1: In the history of popular music. Yeah, it's a great slammer. Two, can you.
Speaker 2: Finally fly Fly Away? I'll be hoping that I served you. Well, that's the whole song on one line right there.
Speaker 6: I'm so lucky that that concert got canceled. But and I were gonna go still.
Speaker 2: And you're also so lucky that you're gonna be probably ninety Yeah when your son graduates, So you'll be crying about pooping your pants.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, they'll have to if his if his dorm rooms up a flight of stairs, I'll have to sit and.
Speaker 1: Wait because I can't go up the stairs.
Speaker 5: You're gonna have one of those electric seats that goes up the stairs, like the gal from Gremlins. Yeah, for sure, called sharelift thingsrelift.
Speaker 2: Yeahs are going to be like, Uh, is your grandpa gonna come see you? That's my my dad?
Speaker 8: Are they?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 6: Are they loading him into the back of that semi Yeah, he's gotta.
Speaker 1: Go home now. The guy that can't be one hundred yards from the school. No, that's not me. That Rosen died a while ago.
Speaker 5: All right, you are kind of you are kind of dancing with a mustache there. Just it's like it almost looks like a mustache, which makes it look like you're on a list.
Speaker 1: Okay, given, Yeah, I mean you got.
Speaker 5: You got like the the five o'clock shadow beard thing going.
Speaker 1: But I don't know. Is it just mirrored? Does the mustache look a little prominent?
Speaker 2: I found that, I think, and by the way they recreated it with the little boy being when he's about as tall as he is. Wow, of course I remember. It's nineteen eighty nine. That's when I graduated high school. I didn't realize that.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Oh you're not gonna be able to watch this. Yeah, Oh my gosh, I wish I could play it. He's singing it. He's on his knees at the front of the stage, and behind him this curtain lifts and the little boy standing there.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I wish I could play Sons of Bitches?
Speaker 1: What a great benefit. Isn't his kid?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Just an actor?
Speaker 1: I'm assuming it's the one from the video.
Speaker 2: No, this is all the Grammy American Music Award.
Speaker 1: No, the same kid. Maybe not. Maybe the kid in the video is an actor. Yeah great, Maybe he was the kid that played Junior from Problem Child.
Speaker 2: Look at him. Okay, hell, I'm gonna rewrite it?
Speaker 1: No, can you can see what the crowd?
Speaker 5: Oh, look at the hairy had back then, and that was Pete Rod Stewart hair.
Speaker 2: There's his little boy.
Speaker 1: Boy hmmm yeah. Yeah, I mean I don't know how it's all Rod Stewart is.
Speaker 5: But this looks like this looks a little bit like when Willow's kids run up to him in the he does. Yeah, they have such distinct features. They both look like they should be in the game. Guess who does your guy have curly hair? No, okay, it's not this kid.
Speaker 1: Could your guy Rod?
Speaker 6: Could your guy be mistaken for a lady with a perm Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do you have Rod? Might be both kids?
Speaker 6: I mean he's got the kids got a perm too in this one. How did you ever have aggressive haircut?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I bet you look sweet?
Speaker 2: Like like what I have left is naturally?
Speaker 1: Are you're ordering a Yeah?
Speaker 5: This video is so much creepier if you just imagine it's not his kid. It's a total tone changer. You're like, stop dragging this random around.
Speaker 2: How you can get your penis and past that type?
Speaker 1: Those are very tight? Change? Well, that's rod Man, I know Rod Well. They have matching plaid shirts. Yeah, the little football. Great bit.
Speaker 6: God, that's a great scene. This kid's like, who is this old guy? It's your dad, man, he's been on tour the last five years of your life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that might be your dad.
Speaker 1: That might be the fight. And then they.
Speaker 2: Recreated it on I gotta find that.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: This is great stuff for radio. But I'm trying to make Mark cry.
Speaker 6: And I'm doing the best to keep it in the should have recreated it with like Tilda Swinton and just claimed it was the same kid.
Speaker 1: Or Conan, which is the same thing.
Speaker 6: I hate to burst your bubble. Hawk, it's not his kid, no kidding, No, it's an actor IMDb dot com. His name is Alex Zuckerman. He was in Hook, blank Check, one of Hawk's favorite films, The Exorcist three.
Speaker 5: The one in the video or the one at the American music video, is that's the kid in the video? No, hand the music video or the video that Chris is showing us. I think what I'm saying, it's bull that's the same thing his kid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not his kid. No, well, son of a box.
Speaker 2: That is creepy.
Speaker 6: It's that kid that is in the music video is also that So it's the same person in the music video and the performance, and that is not his actual kid.
Speaker 2: Tell you right now, I wish you'd never told me that.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, you just ruined it.
Speaker 5: It makes a lot more sense because that kid does have red curly hair.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 1: I don't know what kind of recessive jeans Rod's working with.
Speaker 2: You have just ruined twenty five years of my life? How many like thirty five years of my life?
Speaker 1: He's also crying, So thank you.
Speaker 6: Favorite film of Hawks from nineteen ninety eight Christmas in Oz.
Speaker 2: I sure hope Rod didn't have a son back then.
Speaker 1: He did, Yeah, I mean what year was that? Eighty nine? Sorry? Yes, sorry.
Speaker 3: This song?
Speaker 2: Dad? You're that little boy, look like you have a good time.
Speaker 1: I mean yeah. His son Don Stewart at that point, was nine.
Speaker 5: I mean that's an appropriate age to bring a kid out and go, hey, I don't want you to grow up.
Speaker 1: Maybe you're still look young. Yeah, Kimberly was ten and his daughter Sarah was five. He had twin kids, Tony and Kristin.
Speaker 5: Apparently that ended up being relatively famous as well. But I don't know who they are, you know, Tony Stewart or Kristin Stewart. Oh, Kristin Stewart's the kid from Twilight.
Speaker 1: That's right, I didn't know that. Bring one of them out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't believe that's not his son. I mean, honestly, my whole life has changed.
Speaker 1: Sorry, daddy, Okay, the truth hurds.
Speaker 5: I guess what if in one of the all time great pranks, twenty seconds before Rod Stewart's performance, somebody on the side of the stage goes.
Speaker 1: Your ex wife just showed up. Apparently this is your kid.
Speaker 5: So Rod performed it as if I guess this is my son.
Speaker 1: Now you know Rod just right. He had a lot of kids all over the world, so it's like, all right, add this one of the list. Rod, what's your name? Why do you have curly red hair? I'm not going to get a preturnity get doing hook?
Speaker 5: Oh man, Well that was a very long segment.
Speaker 1: Yeah that was great, Yeah, awesome. Can't believe that's not his kid, sorry, daddy.
Speaker 2: Oh man. He did a version of it with his daughter, Ruby, and she's finer. Frog here, look up Ruby Stewart wowsers.
Speaker 5: I don't have time to do that right now because I'm looking at gutter helmet, MN dot com.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 6: If you don't want to waste a weekend cleaning out your gutters, go to Gutterhelmet MN dot com. That's gutter Helmet MN dot com. All right, Parish is here.
Speaker 5: Marnie's on her weighing in like forty five minutes, and then Adam Feeling, Mattminster, Gavin Case and Daniel Hastings and soft square off at eight fifteen the final, Quarterfinal, quarter Final, number nine, and one of you gets a crack at one hundred and twenty two thousand dollars thanks to the Saint Paul Federal Credit Union initials Jackpot Power to a morning show back after this on.
Speaker 9: The fan Verizon business experts love small businesses, so they come directly to you on your schedule. Real experts and members of your community.
Speaker 2: Be really really short segment.
Speaker 5: I got something for you if you want to just kill two minutes and get mad.
Speaker 1: Do you want to get mad about something?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Sure, yeah, he guys familiar with Raiders quarterback Fernando Mendoza.
Speaker 2: I saw a lot of the play unless I looked.
Speaker 1: Really really good number one overall.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, A couple of dynamite throws.
Speaker 1: Yeah. He plays for the las Vegas Raiders. Mark Parrish.
Speaker 5: I just wanted to help you out, just in case you're you know, you didn't know, I'm neither. Fernando Mendoza plays for the Vegas Raiders, and somebody's asked him, hey, often you get down to the Vegas Trip, right, you're a Vegas guy now, and he said, quote, I've been there once or twice. It's like a boogeyman. A lot of people talk about the strip like you don't want to go there. It's like when you're a kid in your trick or treating and there's a haunted house. You're trying not to go over there. And he goes on to say, in Vegas there is a lot to do, and sometimes it can be seen as activities that wouldn't be supporting a healthy football lifestyle. But there are different things that you can go see and do that aren't degenerative activities per se, degenerative instead of degenerat but whatever, the same thing. So he's basically saying, we're a bunch of djens on the strip. I mean said it's the Boogeyman, it's the haunted house you don't want to go to.
Speaker 1: I was incorrect. I could argue that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a you know, like mothers against drunk drivers around prom always put a car out in front of the high school. But there's probably some what was that kid's name, the wide receiver?
Speaker 1: Who oh, Henry Ruggs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think they probably point that kid's story out to every rookie who walks through the door there.
Speaker 6: I mean, you're probably not wrong, fairness, I don't think he was going one hundred and forty drunk on the strip, right, wasn't it?
Speaker 5: But not on the strip, though, Yeah, right, somewhere else in Vegas.
Speaker 6: You don't know that wasn't He wasn't doing that down Las Vegas Boulevard.
Speaker 5: Impossible, impossible, Exactly it was in Las Vegas, but it just wasn't on the strip. Are you confused, Sauce? No, No, oh, you're looking at me like I'm nuts. No, you're not nuts.
Speaker 2: I think the reason he's looking at you like this because.
Speaker 10: I'm gonna look, he's mirroring you.
Speaker 2: You got it from watching you dad and some crash. Because I think the lady was stopped at the stop lighter.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the guy with her dog, Yeah, it's just destroyed her. Just I mean, he deserves more time than he's getting. Isn't he out like in two or three years? Maybe less?
Speaker 6: I think he just got denied parole good Yeah, yeah yeah, near Rainbow Boulevard and Spring Late.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say one far off the strip. Yeah, but regardless of cheez yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: But I mean Mendoza doesn't seem like the kind of guy that's gonna get drunk and go one forty.
Speaker 1: Right, I don't even know if he drinks. Does he drink. He doesn't seem like a drinker. No at all. He goes seventy I'm sure yea, yeah.
Speaker 5: He might not go over the speed line. He's one of those guys. He's Kirk Cousins, never puts it into fifth gear. Yeah, he's Kirk two point zero.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It's perfect that they're together. Yeah.
Speaker 6: The video they posted like like around draft time was great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was the Step Brothers. But you know, for Fernando, it sounds like you're new to Vegas. Do you like food? They have world class restaurants. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Do you like seeing a good concert? Yeah, they're all over the place on this step.
Speaker 2: You know what, dude, I'm gonna say this. It's gonna be okay without him. Yeah, well he can choose not together, he's gonna be all right.
Speaker 1: Does he like shopping at Ross because there's two or three from on the strip. He does? Hugs, he does.
Speaker 5: I can't believe, but every time I want this is a Vegas construction update for Chad Abbott. Every time I walk past a Ross store on this strip, I'm like, are you telling me there's enough foot traffic at Ross to make sure that they're making the ROI for how much it is per square foot here on this strip and how much that that land costs, that space costs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't imagine. Like the same people that are walking through Crystals. Yeah, there's one right there, stop at Ross. Why are you pointing to Chris? He goes to Ross.
Speaker 2: I sometimes need new clothes after I rest to myself, Yeah.
Speaker 5: I guess I'm going to immediately contradict myself. Fernando Mendoza seems like the kind of guy that might shop at Ross.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Hawk loves Ross, and well, you know, the store, not the guy.
Speaker 2: Some of us can't go to Crystals or whatever the hell you guys were talking about it. We got to go to Ross.
Speaker 1: That's just how here's why you go to the strip. Christopher.
Speaker 5: Last night at the Vegas State Allegiance Stadium, correct Mendoz at ten to sixteen ninety seven yards in a touchdown, no interceptions and is a preseason debut.
Speaker 1: Watched some of it a Wall Nation halftime show. Look at that son of a bitch.
Speaker 5: You know they were still doing for a preseason game, preseason All Nation.
Speaker 1: What a great city like.
Speaker 2: I told you we were there for a preseason game. I think the first year of the stadium, maybe second year. And Wayne Newton sang the national anthem. I mean, I mean you're in Vegas.
Speaker 6: We were basically there for a preseason game. That's three nothing o.
Speaker 5: God, worst football game in the history of football organized.
Speaker 1: That was the worst game of all time.
Speaker 5: That pushed that pushed the women's movement back fifty years and women weren't even playing in it.
Speaker 1: It was so bad.
Speaker 10: Somebody asked me last week during the program Password game, which was one of the worst ever, Oh if that was worse than the three to zero Vikings Raiders game, And I said no, I was no Raiders.
Speaker 5: That was That was the Josh Dobbs Hospital Ball right where he threw it over the middle and sent Jefferson to the hospital.
Speaker 1: Been out for like nine games.
Speaker 5: MC all right Sports, when we come back Front Page Sports, mister z in a little bit, Marni in a little bit, initials at eight to fifteen, Powered Ship Morning Show on the van from the one eight hundred, Ask Gary.
Speaker 10: Traffic, lad Jampith Theater This year, John mullenniy will be there August twenty second, Black Label Society, September twenty fifth, thirty eight special feature and Chris hockey Bin tomorrow tomorrow.
Speaker 1: But aledge all the details at KFE dot com. Keyword calendar. What time will that be?
Speaker 2: Uh? You know, I'm gonna look right now because you've asked me that and I don't ever have the answer.
Speaker 1: What's the name of the place again?
Speaker 2: The Ledge looks like we play seventh thirty to eight thirty. It's can be fine. I can't wait. That's that's really huge man. Looking forward to it. The Ledge, the Ledge tomorrow. Get your tickets now.
Speaker 1: It should be fun, Parish. It's kind of your home turf.
Speaker 7: It is my home turf. Yeah, I feel bad I've not made it there for concert. I've got to get up there.
Speaker 1: It's a good spot, specially on the hawk Man's plan.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you if you I got, I can get you in. If you're going on, I know you get something's going on this weekend.
Speaker 1: That's a long drive home to just pry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I get it, I get it. That's yeah. But yeah, tomorrow I'm looking forward to. It's gonna be lots of fun.
Speaker 1: All right, let's do some sports. This is a lot of fun sports.
Speaker 2: There's lots of sports.
Speaker 10: Man time now for sports presented by Holiday station stores.
Speaker 5: Today station stores for a limited time four mountain dews for the State Bucks ice cold mountain dew at Holiday perfect for a road trip.
Speaker 1: Parish absolutely man just freezer mountain dew. So good. Right, that's brisk. Maybe that's the wrong.
Speaker 5: Tagline, but it still feels apropos. The Chicago Bears say they will not change their name if they build a stadium across the border in Indiana. There's people that are nervous that it would be the Indiana Bears or the hammon To Bears, but Bears chairman George McCaskey said it will not be the ham and Bears.
Speaker 1: It would be the Chicago Bears. The would hope.
Speaker 2: So they were gonna steal something from the packers and call themselves the Ham and Cheese Brilliant Bears.
Speaker 5: Current lease at Soldier Field, which is owned by the City of Chicago, runs.
Speaker 1: Through twenty thirty three. Well it's twenty twenty six.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So if they move and build a stadium, are they buying themselves out of that lease or are they waiting seven years?
Speaker 1: That's a very good question.
Speaker 2: I mean, how long would it take to building stadium?
Speaker 1: Probably three freeish foorish maybe at the most. Can I ask a question that adults would know? Sure?
Speaker 6: If you let's say you you owned a business, I do you do?
Speaker 1: And let's see does perish all the way?
Speaker 5: We're all business owners, not all of us.
Speaker 6: Let's say you owned let's say you owned initials dot.
Speaker 5: Com, initialsgame dot com but close enough, and you.
Speaker 6: Had a building and you rented in the building, and you were like, hey, landlord, I got I know my lease is up in twenty thirty but uh, you know, Apple Valley wants me. And they were like, oh, okay, they're not going to just let you leave, right, I have to buy your way out, correct, And like you'd have to if you were like, Hey, we're going to start making the initials game two years from now. When the building in Apple Valley gets built, they go, we'll get out.
Speaker 1: Right, don't you think like the Chicago isn't.
Speaker 5: Going to be like you guys feel like that was an accurate representation of what what's his name?
Speaker 1: Kevin Warren and the Bears are currently going through. Hey, Rosie knows him. No, Yeah, they haven't heard their friends. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't think they can tell them to get out because of the least thing. Yeah, but you know, I could be wrong.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I wonder though, they'll they'll figure it out there, so they'll have some kind of buyout or some some fine or whatever my company does in a stadium.
Speaker 1: Oh same, my dad.
Speaker 5: You know, like for the people that are working well, this is the equivalent of the Vikings building a stadium in Hudson or something right where it's just outside of the quote Twin Cities bubble, but you're technically within striking distance that it's not that far. Okay, But if you changed the name to the Indiana Bears or the Hammond Bears, that is the biggest middle finger ever to the fans of the Chicago Bears. Yeah, so, I don't think anybody actually thought they were doing that, if that was even floated. That's like the easiest bluff to call of all time.
Speaker 1: You don't change the name to the Indiana Bears. What about the Chicago Bears of Hammond? Dear God?
Speaker 5: I mean, the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim was one of the most preposterous names in the history of sports.
Speaker 1: I liked it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, bought a hat. You guys have been to Disneyland, Chris, You've been there. It is so wreaking close to Los Angeles. It's just one of those that would isn't that. Essentially that's the equivalent of putting the stadium in an Egan and saying, like the Minneapolis Vikings of Egan.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's just a suburb of Los Angeles. It's so close.
Speaker 6: How far is from where the forty nine ers play ours San Francisco?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: Sorry, it's like an hour out, Chris, or more Santa Clara.
Speaker 7: It's a bit of a drive, yeah, further out, Yeah sure. Yeah, it's a flight from La or Anaheim and the ANHL to San Jose, which is right there.
Speaker 5: Like last night it was the Minnesota Twins of Dyersville. Yeahs, it's like four hours to the Field of Dreams.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that did not go our way.
Speaker 5: Field of Dreams game on Netflix went seven to one in favor of the Phillies. Twins never led because Schwarber hit a leadoff home run. In fact, he had two because he had won later in the fourth inning as well his thirty sixth and thirty seventh home runs of the year. Twins seven to one. Luke Keishall with a solo home run and that was it.
Speaker 1: It was uh, it was a it's a sweet watch on TV. It's a beautiful which is really cool. They do a really good job.
Speaker 6: And the best moment was when Roger Clemens was on yes and Cody Clemens was miked That was a I'm I was crying in my It was such a sweet moment because it was the dad.
Speaker 5: I'm always a little surprised though, that they do that for a regular season game, right. This isn't koc miked up during the preseason game. It's baseball, but is it. Brandon Marsh is at the dude's name in left field for the Phillies brand's wet hair. Brandon Marsh was miked up and when Keishall hit the home run, he's talking to the guys on the broadcast, and obviously he goes, oops, that's me, and he's and it goes over the fence. But for a second he literally goes, that's me, Like, I gotta stop this interview.
Speaker 1: I have to try to go chase this ball down and it goes over the fence.
Speaker 5: Yeah, speaking of that sauce, you just mentioned this.
Speaker 1: You tweeted last night.
Speaker 5: Where is your where is your Brandon Marsh tweet? Hey, let me get to this one first, and don't get to your Brandon Marsh tweet. Aaron Gleaman pointed this out last night. Netflix announcer Matt Vaskurgen just described the pole ads as quote, the twins, long time and beloved owners. Is he making the preposterous statement tournament next year is gonna win it? Ball was to hold.
Speaker 1: Twins, long time and beloved owners. Kind of loved it because it just saved him a ton of time. They can just name that move on man, that that one's interesting.
Speaker 5: But yeah, last night you said, does Brandon Marsh wash his hair between every inning?
Speaker 1: It's constantly wet?
Speaker 11: It is.
Speaker 6: I don't like it's I saw him on like NBC like a month ago, and he was at bat and I'm like, man, his hair is like glistening beautiful hair. Yeah, it is great hair. I wish I had hair like that, but it's like he washes it in between between any It's just it looks like he's been rained on.
Speaker 1: That'd be sweet if you look like that, if I had long hair, like like.
Speaker 5: Ass hair all the way down to your ass hair, not ass hair, like on your hair down to your ass. Why the Vikings are at the Giants tomorrow preseason game number one new right here on the fan.
Speaker 1: You're home from Minnesota Vikings football.
Speaker 5: Zacho going to New York because Chris has got that thirty eight special show. So Zach's first time in the big city Mark Parish. Where should he go?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 7: Anywhere Italy? Got some get some Italian food and little Italy.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna let this joke just hover. I'm gonna let you answer. What's like the downtown cool.
Speaker 6: Area where like all the fashionable bars are what's that called Times Square?
Speaker 5: No, that's like the tourist spot. What's the spot downtown? It's like all the trendy nightclubs and stuff, clubs. Yeah, like running roughly from West fourteenth Street south to.
Speaker 1: Gansafort Street. What what was that, huck?
Speaker 5: I didn't say, am I the only one that knows that I'm referencing idea?
Speaker 1: What you're saying, is this breakfast at Tiffany's. I'm going to think of friends? There's too many? Is the New York references in pop culture? Is it Ghostbusters?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: It's an actual thing.
Speaker 2: Broadway, Hell's Kitchen, East Village?
Speaker 1: All right, so no, no, I don't know, no friend Town. Are you okay? Oh Bronx?
Speaker 2: No, do you want to tell us?
Speaker 1: Yeah? No kidding? You telling me?
Speaker 10: It just ruined it if I say it? This is this Saturday night live thing? What's his name that Pater does on weekendenough?
Speaker 1: It's not No, this is a real thing. This is not an inside joke. This is not a bit. What is it?
Speaker 5: There's a check out the Meatpacking District if you want while you're in New York.
Speaker 1: It's apparently a really trendy spot to go. Lots of cool.
Speaker 5: Bars, lots of nice neighborhoods, the Meatpacking District in New York City.
Speaker 1: To New York. I just go to New York A lot he does he goes a lot. He doesn't tell us where though never it's a swing by. I actually been told it's awesome. But that's a good area everywhere already.
Speaker 5: Film Welcome Zach. Why is it saying my name on fucking back Zach? Mister Z when we come back? What's going on in film? It's actually legitimate question. Now that Spider Man's dust has settled, I wonder.
Speaker 1: If there's anything coming out. We'll talk to mister Z in a second. Then we'll do what really matters.
Speaker 5: Scores and stats around the world, the sports in between, Crystal, change your life with something else, Marnie Galller in like ten minutes, Mark Parrish is here. This is the Power Trip Morning Show.
Speaker 1: On the Fan Power iHeart Radio Music Festival presented by Capital Lines.
Speaker 2: So the twins lost at the field and dreams, but Chelty said, it's still a good night.
Speaker 12: The ability to play catch with my dad over on the field was really special, you know. I mean you turn the corner and there's twenty seven Hall of Famers, and for me personally, I mean Kyle Ripkins, my favorite player.
Speaker 1: It's why I we're number eight. You know he's standing there.
Speaker 2: That's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Shelty's the best. They got to do that every year. Yeah, I don't know why they Yeah, yeah, they don't think yeah they do. Good.
Speaker 7: Yeah, good, it had been a fewius I was reading that correctly on the break there. I think it was twenty two was the last one before that?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 7: Yeah, every year because that's something the players get excited to do to break up the monotonyous season, especially in baseball or you got one hundred and sixty whatever games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do like the All Star Game there or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would be cool. All right, let's talk film. Yeah, hi, mister z Hey guys with that?
Speaker 5: Oh, you know The Odyssey still crushing, Spider Man still crushing. But what else do we got in theaters this weekend? If you don't want to see those two movies or you've already seen each of them fifteen times.
Speaker 11: Yeah, let's see this weekend. We have a house at the end of Oak Street opening and half the way at the Elan McGregor. Very I'll just say one little thing about this. It's not exactly what you might expect it is going again, it's actually very funny and almost absurd like, which is kind of fun for a lot of people because it takes turns that you're not expecting. So it's it's it's it's not going to be a huge blockbuster, but you but the family that the house kind of gets moved from where they are into into an alternate reality sort of where there's dinosaurs and stuff like that. But yeah, if you watch the trailer, you're sort of know what you're getting into, but there's gonna be other stuff that happens.
Speaker 1: Along the way. It does look like Jurassic Park in a neighborhood.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, and that's what I think I looked sometimes before I call in, I like to look at Rotten Tomatoes to look at the audience score because that's kind of what matters and a stranger. This is one of those movies where the critics score is a little higher than the audience score, and I think it's because not because it's not good, but because people are going to expecting it just to be that, and then it takes them on some different twins and turns along the way where they're like, wow, that was weird. And that's why I think it's fun for people who've seen a lot of movies because it's set in nineteen eighty two, So the soundtrack is that era. It's kind of has that feel that they're trying to go to, like to an eighties type movie. So so yeah, it's it's worth it because it is different and weird. I think the other one that opens and is pop Patrol, which might not mean like anything, but Paw Patrol does a lot of business. Uh. The last one I think open When I say a lot, like that's when opened to like the twenty three million opening. And for a movie that's basically g it's not truly a G rated film, but you age out at about what I don't know, eight on Paw Patrol, and so it's it does fairly well with year old crowd.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's Paw Patrol the Dino movie.
Speaker 5: So like if you're in the Dinosaurs and you're like a single guy in as forties and you're like, hey, I wonder, like what what dinosaur movie would you pick out of these two?
Speaker 11: Yeah, that would be I would feel yeah, well, no, I mean I don't movie shame anyone, but it would be weird as a grown man to go watch Pow Patrol Dino movie alone set they're with your popcorn and dip. That'd be kind of hat.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that shouldn't even be allowed. Actually that's creepy. As help me, Hey, I know, I know. The the Weak Spider Man came out, your projection kept increasing, Like, Wow, this thing's gonna do even more money than I thought.
Speaker 1: Are you were you? Are you surprised that it? Like now not was? You know? It was big. We all knew it was going to be big, but it was like.
Speaker 5: Ridiculously gigantic for even a Spider Man movie. What happened this time was was it people were just tired of waiting.
Speaker 1: They just wanted another Spider Man. What happened? Yeah?
Speaker 11: I think, uh I thought about that because it was off a little bit.
Speaker 1: It did.
Speaker 11: I would have I think that we looked at what the last Spider Man did No Way Home and it opened to whatever it was, two hundred and sixty million, let's say, And I would have been perfectly happy thinking because that's the second biggest opening of all time and where I was shooting for that. I was hoping because sometimes the third one you're like, it's not going to quite do it. So I think two things. One is it's so accessible and it's actually good for adults, for teens, for you know, like that. The worst I've heard is people who said, oh, it wasn't you know quite as you know, no one hates that movie, and so it makes it accessible. It's fun. I think everything we're getting back into is the fomo happening, which didn't for a while, did happen where we sat with obsession, especially where people are doing what we used to do, where everyone's talking with a movie and you go, yeah, Dan, now I got to go see it because you know, you kind of want to join in on the conversation. And I think that that is making sort of a comeback in the movie industry where people are going out to movies again so they can join in the conversation.
Speaker 5: Definitely feel that with The Odyssey and Spider Man, right that it seems like everybody is talking about those two and that's why the box office numbers are gigantic.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah yeah.
Speaker 11: And it's fun and for young people, which wasn't happening the eighteen year olds for a long time, or in the last five sixth since the Lockdown air that it wasn't really a thing. They kind of were, and all of a sudden, now young people are which really is the heart of the industry, is the teenagers because there's you know, old people, we don't have as much time to go to movies as young people do. So if they start going to movies, then you start seeing bigger numbers.
Speaker 1: By the way, you just nailed it.
Speaker 5: We're watching Sports Center and even on mute here they just ran a commercial for the end of Oak Street. It was thirty seconds of nothing but dinosaurs. Yep, it looked like Jurassic Park A hundreds.
Speaker 11: Yes, and it is. It is. It's just that it's funny or there's things that already go, oh my god, I can't believe they did that, you know. And so that's one thing that's missing from the trailer is the absurdity of the movie.
Speaker 1: At to So I was gonna mention.
Speaker 11: There's a new trailer hit. Sorry, I just wanted to bring this up because I'm so excited. Normally, if you'd say there's a Resident Evil movie coming out in September, it would mean nothing to me because I saw the first one, and I don't know how many there are. The reason this is cool, keep harvying us if Hawk is listening. Zach Cregor directed this and that's that means anything. He's a guy with only two movies under result the maybe my one of my new favorite directors. That's the guy that directed Weapons and also directed a movie called Barbarian. And if you watch the trailer for Resident Evil, it's fantastic and it's actually going to matter, so that if you're thinking about what's coming out ahead, Practical Magic two and Resident Evil, which actually means something this time.
Speaker 1: So all right, sweet, appreciate it, mister Z. Thanks ma'am, later back bye.
Speaker 5: All right, let's dive into what really matters scores and stats around the world of sports.
Speaker 1: In between, Chris will change your life for something else. It's called What.
Speaker 5: Really Matters and it's brought to you by Ovallesi and Lens.
Speaker 1: Thanks Ovo, Lasi and Lens tell yeah, Chris.
Speaker 5: The full NBA schedule got released yesterday.
Speaker 2: Gosh.
Speaker 5: The Minnesota Timberwolves open the season Wednesday, October twenty first in Miami. The home opener is four days later against Toronto. We have a three o'clock New Year's Eve game at Target Center against the Denver.
Speaker 1: Nuggetscast New Year's Eve.
Speaker 5: Lebron and the Sixers make their only appearance at Target Center Saturday, March thirteenth, going to that game.
Speaker 1: Sure he is.
Speaker 5: Twenty seven nationally televised games, thirteen back to backs.
Speaker 1: But here's the trivia question for the group.
Speaker 5: Timberwolves this year have the longest home stand in franchise history.
Speaker 1: Sauce, you're not in your head? You know how many games it is? Yes, sir uh.
Speaker 5: The Wolves join the league in nineteen eighty nine. This is going to be their longest home stand ever. Mark Parrish. How many consecutive games at one point are they going to play at home this year? What sounds like a long stretch for an NBA home stand?
Speaker 1: Eight games? Nailed it? Why even go on? Oh, it's the right answer.
Speaker 5: From November eighth through the twenty third, they have eight straight games at Target Center. The previous record was seven and I was set in twenty three slash twenty four. Eight straight at home? Interesting early season two, right, that's in November.
Speaker 6: Yeah, eight straight, and they got a chance to get off to a pretty hot start here, especially with those eight games in the home.
Speaker 1: That'll be great, man. But what really matters is this.
Speaker 2: A family in southern California has found clear signs that a person's been living under their home. Oh a couple and their four children had been renting the home for three months. They started hearing strange noises. They sounded doors closing, the sound of ale arms. Eventually they removed a board attached to the backyard deck and found a large basement underneath the home. They found several cleaning products, a tarp tube that appeared to have drugs in it. Whoever was living there had also plugged in some things and had gotten access to the homes power source. The woman who lives at the home says she never told anybody about the basement space when she signed the rental papers, or she was never told about the basement space when she signed the rental papers. That'll make you kind of creepy.
Speaker 1: That is so incredibly creepy.
Speaker 5: Imagine thinking or can convincing yourself this place is haunted. Yeah, because you're hearing yeah voices or weird movements and you're convinced, you're like, I'm not imagining this. There's there's some kind of a spirit in this house. Then you just find out it's a guy.
Speaker 1: Under the floor boards. He's in the basement.
Speaker 5: Yah, pull your hands up. The Poulter geys lady in nineteen eighty five. Sure, yeah, he would have.
Speaker 2: I'd have a hard time getting interaction. She scares me.
Speaker 1: You would have been like fourteen or fifteen years old.
Speaker 2: You're right ned and scratched that from your record.
Speaker 1: You like being scared?
Speaker 2: I do, but man, she's real scared.
Speaker 1: She is really scary.
Speaker 5: Speaking a really scary Marty going there joins the Power Trip Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Hi Marty, Yeah, thanks for the intro. Excellent transition. Yeah, good time. Did you like the movie Poltergeist? Nope? No.
Speaker 5: Do you believe Chris would have slept with that old lady though?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly remembering how old was she when the movie was filmed? That This is one of those things where in our minds she was seventy two, but I bet she was forty four, you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Zelda Rubinstein, ze When did the movie come out?
Speaker 2: Eighty nine?
Speaker 1: I think something like that, right, I think it's earlier than that. I would I would guess, like.
Speaker 6: I feel like it's hold on. It came out in eighty two, so two fifty one? Doing math fifty one?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Where year was she born? Nineteen thirty three? So fifty one came out in eighty two.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she's fifty one, man, right, No, fifty no fifty two.
Speaker 1: Wow, lady, wow, I don't know, man, I ain't here to do math Ovie, you're going the wrong way. She's fifty.
Speaker 6: Forty nine fifty two only she's five three eighty eight.
Speaker 5: The Links are at Vegas tomorrow at seven o'clock. The Links are twenty eight and seven. They've won three straight and thirteen of their last fourteen.
Speaker 13: And Vegas is one of the teams that I would assume would be a favorite other than Minnesota to contend for the.
Speaker 1: Title this year.
Speaker 13: Although it has to be the Links and then everybody else, and it has to be the Links by a mile and then everybody else. Yeah, but Vegas has won the last oh for sure too.
Speaker 5: Since they played US no titles titles, You're just talking about overall titles.
Speaker 1: Games, so it is no, wait, have they won the last two? Well?
Speaker 5: New York won the one New York won the one with the yes yep with the commissioner wearing the blazer thing or whatever it was.
Speaker 13: Las Vegas eight highlights above meets US's head right now.
Speaker 1: As we speak. Hard to get over.
Speaker 13: Oh, Asia Wilson has won the last few MVPs. That's what I'm thinking. But there I've been parades in Las Vegas because this is the dynasty. That'll be a good game, is what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 6: They are the second favorites, right behind the Links to win the title according to DraftKings, but Minnesota is almost even money.
Speaker 1: I mean they are a favorite, a heavy favorite. We'll see. What really matters though, is this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Red Corps.
Speaker 1: Yeah you got that. Today is.
Speaker 2: National cream Sickle Day.
Speaker 8: Today you need to grab a popsicle, but not just any as. We're celebrating the classic combo of orange, sherbet and vanilla ice cream on a stick because it's National Creamsicle Bay, also known as the fifty to fifty Bar. We've been eating them since nineteen thirty seven and they're a big part of the nearly three billion dollars in popsicle sales every year. Low in fat, only one hundred calories. Seems silly not to have one or two. It's hot. I'm bree Tennis.
Speaker 1: Keep your opinions to yourself free. Yeah, it is. Those things are elite. I don't know if you know.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to get off a melatonin because everybody says that it's not good for you because you want to have your body producing it on your own.
Speaker 1: So magnesium apparently is the thing.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: You're supposed to take magnesium a couple of hours to start taking the edge off. The magnesium gummies that I eat are basically dreamsicle flavored. Yeah, and they're incredible. I want to eat way more than they say to eat, just to try to Yeah, you know, wind down. Those things are fantastic. If it was candy, yep, i'd crush the whole jar. Yeah, duh.
Speaker 13: Yeah, let me talk to cream We get to get to get creamsickle on the on the menu.
Speaker 1: You guys all on board with creamsicles or dreams so good. I've never heard fifty to fifty Ye, I've never heard that phrase in my life. You just learned that too, Chris. You were shaking your head too. You've never heard that.
Speaker 2: I ever heard of them in my life. But man, those are good.
Speaker 1: They are great. Yeah.
Speaker 13: I told you that Matt had found a recipe to just make like a slushy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my husband. Oh whatever, I'm sorry, Marcus.
Speaker 13: Guys, I thought I had told you my husband Matt had found a recipe to make a slushy, whether it's an adult slushy or not. And it's like orange shasta and cream, no condensed milk and then like a few drops of vanilla flavoring something.
Speaker 1: It was very simple. You should get a food truck, put it in.
Speaker 14: That ninja and it was awesome.
Speaker 13: It tasted like a It tasted like a push up.
Speaker 5: Like the Schwan yeh yeah, Lindstone push ups.
Speaker 1: More of what really matters after this, power to your morning You on the fan.
Speaker 15: From the one eight hundred ask Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 2: So the Twins lost at the Field of Dreams, but Chelsea said, it's still a good night.
Speaker 12: The ability to play catch with my dad over on the field was really special, you know. I mean you turn the corner and there's twenty seven Hall of Famers and for me personally, I mean, Kyle Ripkins my favorite player.
Speaker 1: It's why we're number eight. You know he's standing there.
Speaker 2: That's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Shelty's the best. They got to do that every year. Yeah, I don't know why they Yeah, yeah they don't. I think yeah they do good. Yeah good.
Speaker 7: It had been a fewest I was reading that correctly. On the break there I think it was twenty two was the last one before that?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 7: Yeah, every year because that's something the players get excited to do to break up the monotonous season, especially in baseball. You got one hundred and sixty whatever games.
Speaker 2: Yea, I do like the All Star Game there or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would be cool. All right, let's talk film.
Speaker 5: Yeah, hi, mister z big guys that you know The Odyssey still crushing, Spider Man still crushing. But what else do we got in theaters this weekend If you don't want to see those two movies or.
Speaker 1: You've already seen each of them fifteen times.
Speaker 11: Yeah, let's see this weekend. We have a house at the end of Oak Street opening and half away at Elan McGregor. Very I'll just say one little thing about this. It's not exactly what you might expect. It is again, it's actually very funny and almost absurd like, which is kind of fun for a lot of people because it takes turns that you're not expecting. So it's it's it's it's not going to be a huge blockbuster, but you bought the family that the house kind of gets moved from where they are into into an alternate reality sort of where there's dinosaurs and stuff like that. But yeah, if you watch the trailer, you're sort of know what you're getting into, but there's gonna be other stuff that happens along the way.
Speaker 1: It does look like Jurassic Park in a neighborhood.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, and that's what I think. I looked Sometimes before I call in, I like to look at Rotten Tomatoes to look at the audience score because that's kind of what matters. And it's strange that this is one of those movies where the critics score is a little higher than the audience score. And I think it's because not because it's not good, but because people are going to expecting it just to be that, and then it takes them on some different twists and turns along the way where they're like, wow, that was weird. And that's why I think it's fun for people. I've seen a lot of movies because it's set in nineteen eighty two, so the soundtrack is that era. It's kind of has that feel that they're trying to go to like two, an eighties type movie. So yeah, it's it's worth it because it is different and weird. I think the other one that opens and is pop Patrol, which might not mean like anything, but Paw Patrol does a lot of business. The last one I think open When I say a lot, like that's what opened to like the twenty three million opening. And for a movie that's basically g it's not truly a G rated film, but you age out at about what I don't know, eight on Paw Patrol, and so it's it does fairly well.
Speaker 5: So that year old crowd, Yeah, that's Paw Patrol the Dino movie. So like if you're in the Dinosaurs and you're like a single guy in his forties and you're like, hey, I wonder, like what what dinosaur movie would you pick.
Speaker 1: Out of these two?
Speaker 11: Yeah, that would be I would feel yeah, well no, I mean, I don't movie shame anyone, but it would be weird as a grown man to go watch Paw Patrol Dino movie alone set they're with your popcorn and back houp.
Speaker 1: That'd be kind of hat Yeah, that shouldn't even be allowed. Actually, that's that's creepy.
Speaker 5: As help me, Hey, I know, I know the weak Spider Man came out, your projection kept increasing, like, Wow, this thing's gonna do even more money than I thought.
Speaker 1: Are you were you? Are you surprised that it? Like now not was?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: It was big.
Speaker 5: We all knew it was going to be big, but it was like ridiculously gigantic for even a Spider Man movie. What happened this time was was it people were just tired of waiting.
Speaker 1: They just wanted another Spider Man. What happened?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I think I thought about that because there was off a little bit it did. I would have I think that we looked at what the last Spider Man did, No Way Home and it opened to whatever it was, two hundred and sixty million, let's say, and I would have been perfectly happy thinking because that's the second biggest opening of all time, and that's where I was shooting for that. I was hoping because sometimes the third one you're like, it's not going to quite do it. So I think two things. One is it's so accessible and it's actually good for adults, for teams, for you know like that. The worst I've heard is people who said, oh, it wasn't you know quite as you know, no one hates that movie, and so it makes it accessible. It's fun. I think everything we're getting back into is the fomo happening which didn't for a while, did happen where we sat with obsession, especially where people are doing like we used to do, where everyone's talking with a movie and you go, gad, Dan, now I got to go see it because you know, you kind of want to join in on the conversation. And I think that that is making sort of a comeback in the movie industry where people are going up to movies again so they can join in the conversation.
Speaker 5: Definitely feel that with The Odyssey and Spider Man, right that it seems like everybody is talking about those two and that's why the box office numbers are gigantic.
Speaker 11: Hell yeah, yeah, and it's fun and for young people, which wasn't happening. The eighteen year olds for a long time were in the last five sixth since the Lockdown air that it wasn't really a thing. They kind of were, and all of a sudden, now young people are, which really is the heart of the industry is the teenagers, because there's you know, old people, we don't have as much time to go to movies as young people do. So if they start going to movies, then you start seeing bigger numbers.
Speaker 1: By the way, you just nailed it.
Speaker 5: We're watching Sports Center and even on mute here they just ran a commercial for the end of Oak Street. It was thirty seconds of nothing but dinosaurs.
Speaker 1: Yep. It looked like Jurassic Park. All hundreds, yes, and it is. It is.
Speaker 11: It's just that it's funny or there's things that already go oh my god, I can't believe they did that, you know, And so that's one thing that's missing from the trailer is the absurdity.
Speaker 1: Of the movie. At t.
Speaker 11: I was gonna mention there's a new trailer hit. Sorry, I just wanted to bring this up because I'm so excited. Normally, if you'd say there's a Resident Evil movie coming out in September, it would mean nothing to me because I saw the first one and I don't know how many there are. The reason this is cool keep having us. If Hawk is listening, Zach Kreiger directed this, and if that means anything, he's a guy with only two movies under his result. He's maybe my one of my new favorite directors. That's the guy who directed Weapons and also directed a movie called Barbarian. And if you watch the trailer for Resident Evil, it's fantastic and it's actually going to matter, so that if you're thinking about what's coming out ahead, Practical magic too, and Resident Evil, which actually means something this time so sweet.
Speaker 1: Appreciate it, mister Z. Thanks ma'am.
Speaker 5: Later, alright, let's dive into what really matters, scores and stats around the world of sports. In between, Chris will change your life for something else. It's called What Really Matters and it's brought to you by Ovolesiicon Lens.
Speaker 1: Thanks Ovo Lasik and Lens. I'll tell yeah, Chris.
Speaker 5: The full NBA schedule got released yesterday.
Speaker 2: Gosh.
Speaker 5: The Minnesota Timberwolves open the season Wednesday, October twenty first in Miami. The home opener is four days later against Toronto. We have a three o'clock New Year's Eve game at Target Center against the Denver Nuggets.
Speaker 1: I guess New Year's Eve.
Speaker 5: Lebron and the Sixers make their only appearance at Target Center Saturday, March thirteenth to that game.
Speaker 1: Sure, he is.
Speaker 5: Twenty seven nationally televised games, thirteen back to backs.
Speaker 1: But here's the trivia question for the group.
Speaker 5: Timberwolves this year have the longest home stand in franchise.
Speaker 1: History, sauce, you're not in your head? You know how many games it is? Yes, sir?
Speaker 5: Uh. The Wolves joined the league in nineteen eighty nine. This is going to be their longest home stand ever. Mark Parrish. How many consecutive games at one point are they going to play at home this year? What sounds like a long stretch for an NBA home Standum?
Speaker 1: Eight games? Nailed it? Why even go on? Oh, it's the right answer.
Speaker 5: From November eighth through the twenty third, they have eight straight games at Target Center. The previous record was seven, and that was set in twenty three slash twenty four. Eight straight at home? Interesting early season?
Speaker 1: Two? Right, that's in November.
Speaker 6: Yeah, eight straight and uh, they got a chance to get off to a pretty hot start here, especially with those eight games on home.
Speaker 1: That'll be great, man.
Speaker 2: But what really matters is this family in southern California has found clear signs that a person's been living under their home.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: A couple and their four children had been renting the home for three months. They started hearing strange noises. They sounded doors closing, the sound of all arms. Eventually they removed a board attached to the backyard deck and found a large basement underneath the home. They found several cleaning products, a tarpa tube that appeared to have drugs in it. Whoever was living there had also plugged in some things and had gotten access to the homes power source. The woman who lives at the home says she never told anybody about the basement space when she signed the rental papers, or she was never told about the basement space when she signed the rental papers. That'll make you kind of creepy.
Speaker 1: That is so incredibly creepy.
Speaker 5: Imagine thinking or convincing yourself this place is haunted. Yeah, because you're hearing yeah voices or weird movements, and you're convinced. You're like, I'm not imagining this. There's there's some kind of a spirit in this house. Then you just find out it's a guy under the floor boards. He's in the basement. Yeah, pull your hands up the polterguys. Lady in nineteen eighty five, Sure, yeah, he would.
Speaker 2: I'd have a hard time getting interaction. She scares me.
Speaker 1: You would have been like fourteen or fifteen years.
Speaker 2: Old, Right, never mind and scratched that from the record. You like being scared, I do, But man, she's real scared.
Speaker 1: She is really scary.
Speaker 5: Speaking of really scary, Marty Gellinger joins the Power Trip Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Hi, Marny, Yeah, thanks for the intro. Excellent transition. Yeah, good time. Did you like the movie Poltergeist? Nope? No. Do you believe Chris would have slept with that old lady though?
Speaker 11: Yep?
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly? Remember how old was she when the movie was filmed? That?
Speaker 5: This is one of those things where in our minds she was seventy two, but I bet she was forty four, you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Zelda Rubinstein? Oh, ze when did the movie come out?
Speaker 2: Eighty nine?
Speaker 5: I think something like that, right, I think it's earlier than that. I would I would guess, like I feel like it's hold on. It came out in eighty two, So she too fifty one doing math?
Speaker 1: Fifty one? Yeah?
Speaker 9: Wait?
Speaker 1: Year was she born? Nineteen thirty three? So fifty one came out in eighty two? Yeah, she's fifty one, man, right?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 6: Fifty no? Fifty two? Wow, lady? Wow, I don't know, man, I ain't here to do math.
Speaker 1: Will be You're going the wrong way. She's fifty.
Speaker 6: Forty nine, fifty two, Only she's eighty eight eight.
Speaker 5: The Links are at Vegas tomorrow at seven o'clock. The Links are twenty eight and seven.
Speaker 6: They've won three straight and thirteen of their last fourteen.
Speaker 13: And Vegas is one of the teams that I would assume would be a favorite other than Minnesota to contend for.
Speaker 1: The title this year.
Speaker 13: Although it has to be the Links and then everybody else, and it has to be the Links by a mile and then everybody else. Yeah, but Vegas has won the last ooh for sure too, and.
Speaker 1: They played US no titles titles. You're just talking about overall titles games, so it is no wait, have they won the last two? Well, New York won the one.
Speaker 5: New York won the one with the YEP with the commissioner wearing the blazer thing or whatever it was.
Speaker 13: Las Vegas a highlights above meets USA's head right.
Speaker 1: Now as we speak. Hard to get over.
Speaker 13: Oh, Asia Wilson has won the last few MVPs, That's what I'm thinking. But there have been parades in Las Vegas because this is the dynasty. That'll be a good game, is what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 5: They are the second favorites, right behind the Links to win the title according to DraftKings.
Speaker 1: But Minnesota is almost even money. I mean they are a favorite, a heavy favorite. We'll see what really matters though.
Speaker 2: Is this yet the Red Corps?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got that.
Speaker 2: Today is National Cream Sickle Day.
Speaker 8: Today you need to grab up popsicle, but not just any as. We're celebrating the classic combo of orange sherbet and vanilla ice cream on a stick because it's National Creamsickle Bay, also known as the fifty to fifty bar. We've been eating them since nineteen thirty seven and they're a big part of the nearly three billion dollars in popsicle sales every year. Low in fat, only one hundred calories, seems silly not to have one or two.
Speaker 1: It's hot. I'm bree, Tennis. Keep your opinions to yourself. Bread it is silly.
Speaker 5: Those things are elite. I don't know if you know. I'm trying to get off a melatonin because everybody says that it's not good for you because you want to have your body producing it on your own.
Speaker 1: So magnesium apparently is the thing.
Speaker 5: Right, You're supposed to take magnesium a couple hours to start taking the edge off.
Speaker 1: Sir.
Speaker 5: The magnesium gummies that I eat are basically dreamsicle flavored.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they're incredible.
Speaker 5: I want to eat way more than they say to eat them, just to try to Yeah, you know, wind down. Those things are fantastic. If it was candy, yep, i'd crush the whole Yeah, duh.
Speaker 13: Yeah, let me talk to my creams. You get to get to get creamsickle on the on the menu.
Speaker 1: You guys all on board with cream sickles. Dreams so good. I've never heard fifty to fifty. I've never heard that phrase in my life.
Speaker 6: You just learned that too, Chris. You were shaking your head too. You've never heard that.
Speaker 2: I ever heard of that in my life. And man, those are good.
Speaker 1: They are great.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I told you that Matt had found a recipe to just make like a slushy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my husband. Oh whatever, I'm sorry, Marcus.
Speaker 13: Guys, I thought I told you my husband Matt had found a recipe to make a slushyped to whether it's an adult slushy or not. And it's like orange shasta and cream, no condensed milk, and then like a few drops of vanilla flavoring something.
Speaker 1: It was very simple. You should get a food truck put it in.
Speaker 14: That ninja ying and it was awesome.
Speaker 13: It tasted like a It tasted like a push up, like the Schwan.
Speaker 5: Yes yeah, Lindstone push ups.
Speaker 15: More of what really matters after this power to morning You on the fan from the one eight hundred ASK Gary Traffic Center