Speaker 1: That's right, baby, there's some terrible things happen during that break. Domnut Well, the weekends finally, Weekend's finally here, Ladies and gentlemen, Saint Croi River, here we come. Let's go. All kinds of things happen in this weekend. Studios filling up with fans getting ready for some of the initials game. Franky V A cast of thousands will be here soon. Head to that sky, Bluewater sung. Yes we are, ladies and gentlemen, We're going up north. Yeah, we already are in North.
Speaker 2: Is there some news cafe.
Speaker 3: In news with Chris Hockey Pulse?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, And I gotta text from Derek. Let me open up my text here may sees what he says here my mom my, mama? Yeah, oh yeah, I'll take care of that, buddy. Here's what's going on with Saints. The Saints Baseball dot Com webs i shows the down at cchs Field right now happening this week, the best baseball in the whole world, and the Backyard Baseball ticket package happening as well. And Louisvill's in town tonight seven o seven. They beat Louisville yesterday. Well, yeah, live or and then six point thirty seven on Saturday as well, and then on the ninth a two o seven game, which is Sunday. So get on out the Saints Baseball cchs Field Saints Baseball dot Com. Everybody back with me yet?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 1: Hi, guys, Hi, here's what's going on.
Speaker 4: With Marky Mark? Look, Rickfield's behind me. Man, Oh there the myth, the legend. You're in trouble, buddy, right, Scare him down for the next hour. Scare him or kiss him or make out with him?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Which one?
Speaker 2: I'll tell you off? More stare it down, the makeout. I think he's game for either.
Speaker 5: Try a little bit of both.
Speaker 3: Round.
Speaker 1: Looks like he parties to me.
Speaker 2: Yep, one hour from now a Paris. You can do this all right? But first the news.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a man is facing charges after allegedly crashing crushing a car with a tractor during an argument. What he won that argument? Man?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Levi Gaze, come on, great, come on, come.
Speaker 6: On, I mean between your jeans and those chaps, that kind of describes your bottom half, right.
Speaker 1: It's like a biker gang. Levi Gaze was arrested by Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Department deputies. Last weekend, he allegedly drove a front loaded tractor into a car, crushed the hood, the back windshield, and the trunk, and damaged the front bumper. Let's get her say a gaze destroyed a woman's car after getting into an argument with her, and I was arrested after the incident. Come on, man, chill.
Speaker 2: Got to know what the argument was about.
Speaker 7: Gaze at a graveyard? He was at a graveyard?
Speaker 2: Yeah, who was LEVI gaze?
Speaker 7: Gaze at a graveyard?
Speaker 1: You know that guy, It's been building up inside him since the day was born, you know. Good point just pissed at the world.
Speaker 2: Rosie yesterday on the Common Maan program.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they were talking about the cities in Minnesota, and I believe at one point he said gaylord pretty loud, and I'm like, man, do we do it?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he said it clear as a day too. Yeah, out of context. I don't know how we do it without coming off as super offensive.
Speaker 2: But what's your favorite city of Minnesota?
Speaker 7: Gaze at a graveyard?
Speaker 2: Guy just can't help himself.
Speaker 1: It's done by Henderson, Minnesota. I was actually there exactly chually enough. Weirdly, enough. Weren't you on his podcast there, Mark Perry?
Speaker 7: I was, Yeah, went in on Monday.
Speaker 2: He's a podcast. Yeah, Road Sports Monday.
Speaker 1: Everybody's doing podcasts, man, you are on with Levy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, everybody's making money. Everybody's monetizing podcasts. Fascinating.
Speaker 7: How do they do that?
Speaker 2: I don't know, Margo, I didn't know. How was it?
Speaker 5: It was good?
Speaker 8: Yeah, it was it was great. Uh do you give me plenty of space to talk about kind of what I've been through and mental health? How important that is for uh, not just those old beat up athletes, but for everybody to reach out and have the strength and it's to to know that it's okay to not be okay.
Speaker 1: Amen, brother, spread the word. That is the case. Mental health matters.
Speaker 2: Take care of yours.
Speaker 1: That is correct, sir, well done. Oh you know what makes me feel happy is buying things garage sales and uh.
Speaker 2: You got to get and my parents.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love it. I love it. I still want to do a reality show called sailing about me going garage sailing and trying to you know, get that uh burned out light bulb and lamp for a little off, you know what I mean? Like to dicker with somebody. Oh, I love it. I love to dicker with people. Here's the story about something. As a kid, we loved the one hundred and twenty seven mile Garage Sale.
Speaker 9: The event begins in Michigan and runs six hundred and ninety miles through Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Georgia before ending in Alabama. The event gives the public the chance to stay off of busy highways and instant joyce scenic roots through small towns and rural communities.
Speaker 2: It runs through Sunday.
Speaker 10: I'm Mark Mayfield, Thanks Martin, get MILLI pass climes.
Speaker 1: And can get a lamp bicycle with no tires on it.
Speaker 2: Guarantee you some baseball cards in there somewhere. Moonshine, I believe it's zack of marbles PD.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sweet secks, this is probably bad idea, Ladies and gentlemen. They've used AI to create a new virus.
Speaker 11: The Stanford led team is hoping that the technology could lead to medical benefits like using AI created viruses to kill E. Coli and fight drug resistant bacteria, but critics are concerned it could open the way to creating viruses that are difficult to stop or even new biological weapons. The research was published in the journal Science. I'm Tammy Trio again every time.
Speaker 4: We hear one of these stories, and I'm not saying it's not completely wrong.
Speaker 2: Right, what she just said is probably very true.
Speaker 4: But if we just go back a week, AI still thinks that Sauce is Asian. Yeah, you know what I'm saying, Like, we're still Yeah, remember when you started off with like a full head of hair and you were beautiful, and halfway through you were like a ripped Asian guy. You're really good looking, by the way, just not anything like you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the best I felt in yours.
Speaker 4: So I don't I don't think we have much to fear so far. Again, it just thinks that humans want to stare out over landscapes and look out on the horizon.
Speaker 2: And just think, Yeah, that's all we that's all we do.
Speaker 3: I guess you can finally take a real deep breath.
Speaker 1: Why is that?
Speaker 4: Well? Is a true you mean, a true exhale from all of our stress? Right, You're just out in nature, nary a whisper of wind a rivaderci off to Tuscany.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: Did you mention that on the podcast? Uh?
Speaker 12: No, he actually didn't a Rividerci I'm shocked. Yeah, Off to Tuscany. Off to Tuscany, we go off to Henderson, Minnesota.
Speaker 1: And off to the movies. Ladies and gentlemen, what kind of I guess you'll watch it at home. The Madden Movie is coming Amazon.
Speaker 11: MGM Studios says that Madden will be in streaming worldwide on November eighteenth on Prime Video. The film, directed by David O. Russell, is centered on Madden coaching the Oakland Raiders to a Super Bowl victory in nineteen seventy seven and co stars Christian Bale as Raiders owner Al Davis. Nicholas Cage has released a promotional video for the movie and said that accepting the role to play this larger than life legend has been a highlight for him. I'm Tammy, Trihia.
Speaker 4: Do we know Christian Bale was, Yeah, he's what's his face now?
Speaker 2: Davis? Just I know it was a about to say it.
Speaker 4: Sometimes I have to pause to think, Uh, this is one of the best examples ever. When they first started releasing the photos of Al Davis and John Madden would be Nicholas Cage is unrecognizable as John Madden.
Speaker 2: It's like, that's just Nicholas Cage with a with a wig.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's ridiculously easy to tell her that's Nicholas Cage. He's unrecognizable. Everybody knows that's Nick.
Speaker 2: Everybody. Everybody blind people know that's Nick Cage.
Speaker 1: So there you go. That's the news. That's what's happening in the world today.
Speaker 4: John mullaney's playing something called Trip Hawkins in this movie. I don't know mulaney was in that movie. Yeah, who's Trip Hockens. Let me click on this Trip Hackins. He's an American. He's the founder of EA Sports or e A. So he's they must have a Madden video game angle.
Speaker 1: But he's okay, remember that, did we h Am? I the one to listen to that podcast about the making of Madden the Football Game?
Speaker 2: I think so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's pretty interesting man, how he was. John was like, Okay, you can put my face on this, but I need this to be very realistic. So they sent him like the first version of the game. He's like that sucks. Yeah, stuff like that. Yeah, Trip Hawkins, what a great name. Trip.
Speaker 2: Yeah. William is his real first name, but Trip's a better one. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, entrepreneur and founder of EA Sports for the game.
Speaker 4: In twenty twenty three, was announced that Will Ferrell had entered early negotiations to star in the middle of the John Madden film, but in August Nicholas Cage eventually was cast to play Madden. He's unrecognizable, unrecognizable as John Man.
Speaker 2: All right, we learned.
Speaker 4: Something we did all right, one hour from now, Initials quarter Final number seven.
Speaker 2: But when we come back, sauce sports.
Speaker 4: But then, like ten minutes from now, Parker Fox should be here, Frank Vasslero should be in the building. Alicia Lewis should be in the building. It's going to get packed quickly. Sauce with Sports after.
Speaker 2: This Power Trip Morning Show on the van.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's Chris Hockey the Power Trip Morning Show. It's a big old country out there and you want to see it. Did you know the Jefferson Lines has been your number one bus experience for over one hundred years.
Speaker 6: They bring sixth Friday's show is open to everyone with the Initials game and a trip to Vegas with the guys up for grabs. In November, Thursday's comedy show featuring Kelsey Cooks, Chad Daniels cy Onminson and Tommy Ryman. It's full, but you still join the wait listkfan dot com slash Q five.
Speaker 4: Hey, all right, Frank's here. He wants somebody to run down and grabb. You could, and I assume Alicia's gonna be here in a second. Or maybe Parker Fox is just walking in and can bring him all up. But we'll see the Frankie V's in the building.
Speaker 2: Sweet hellove. Frankie's super competitive guy.
Speaker 1: If you want, if you don't mind, it'd be great with your Please don't.
Speaker 2: Thank you Mark? Yeah, thanks, daddy, Thank you Mark. Maybe Frank Vescelero will have a podcast at Mark and be on. He'll rip Rosen. That's right. I don't know why you're so hard on that, dude.
Speaker 4: Were you really texting Common during the show when they were referencing you saying you're not listening to a word Rosie saying oh?
Speaker 2: And then he called me afterwards and he was how can you tell? Because he was you were right? Yeah, mm hmmm, hmm. Interesting.
Speaker 1: Interesting. Should we do some sports?
Speaker 2: Sure, it's time for a fan five on the Power Trip.
Speaker 1: Brought to you by Circa Casino Circa Casino dot Com let's go, ladies and gentlemen Vegas away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hell yeah, I don't have my phone. That's where I put all my sports. So whoever has my phone, can you have me my phone?
Speaker 2: Please? One of you?
Speaker 3: Have you keep saying I left when I had it right here on the table.
Speaker 1: I got on my life. I do not have your phone, all right? Look around you?
Speaker 12: Is it?
Speaker 2: Is it under the donuts?
Speaker 1: That's under the donuts?
Speaker 2: It mom you have I'm not getting that. That's way under there, son of a b. It's not. I know where it is. I can see it. It's under the table and dreaming.
Speaker 1: Oh you were blaming me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you definitely put it under there.
Speaker 1: I just want to see if you can get into the table.
Speaker 2: But you can't get into the stuff.
Speaker 1: You can't get under the table. You don't touch my stuff. I don't. I don't make the mistake of leaving it around you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, who leaves their phone just out for their coworkers to just scroll through?
Speaker 1: Let's I had to move it it is.
Speaker 2: Well, that was tough. Let's see here.
Speaker 1: You accused me of stealing your phone. I would never do that to you.
Speaker 2: One of us.
Speaker 1: Did you really have your sports on that phone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he types all of his notes in the phone.
Speaker 1: No kidding, that was a bit.
Speaker 4: I write all mine down because I help it helps me retain it better. But now it's twenty five years in so I just have it.
Speaker 2: People are like, why do you have a notepad in it? Pen or pencil? So I sauce texted into his phone.
Speaker 4: So that's why I always think it's funny when he's like when he says something really funny in terms of his sports, I'm like you, that means you wrote that into your phone to read it like that?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, go for it.
Speaker 4: Let's read it exactly how you typed it, every single word.
Speaker 2: Don't add lib any of it. Just read it word for word. Go go.
Speaker 3: The Twins snap their four game losing streak by beating the Rotten Royals four to three. You wrote rotten, Yes, I did. The Twins will battle the seventy two and forty three league leading Brewers tonight in Dahmertown at six forty.
Speaker 2: You wrote town. I did, daddy.
Speaker 1: Oh good for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. See how'd you spell it? Da h M e R.
Speaker 1: Yeah he knows how to spell that.
Speaker 2: Hang on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I hope Dahmer eats all of you someday. Well, yeah, right, you did it by Domertown. Yeah, and we're waiting the Rotten Royals and Domertown.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Keep going this one.
Speaker 3: I just copy and pasted three time Pro Bowl selection Jamiir Gibbs and the Lions reaching agreement on a three year, sixty seven point five million dollar deal could be worth up to seventy five point seventy five million dollars including five point excuse me, fifty one point five million.
Speaker 1: Throw your phone back into the point seventy five million, seventy.
Speaker 2: Five point seventy five. I did you? Guys are mean?
Speaker 1: I don't know what I'm trying to understand.
Speaker 2: Point seventy five go on vacation.
Speaker 1: I will point seventy five vers of seventy five.
Speaker 3: He made seventy five point seventy five million? Is that how you say it?
Speaker 2: Shut up?
Speaker 5: I don't like being laughed.
Speaker 2: Dude again, I don't know, dud do that, dude again?
Speaker 1: Point seventy five seventy five five seven five million.
Speaker 2: Nailed it right.
Speaker 1: You can't find Frankie V. He's disappeared.
Speaker 3: Maybe you guys took his phone and he can't get in.
Speaker 5: Did you?
Speaker 2: Did you go all the way down too, because parent of uh, Frankie, he says he's in the lobby. Is he in the right one? Hmm?
Speaker 4: I mean he's been here a million times. Parrish says he can't find you. Oh hmmm, Wayne, well again seven thirty, which means Parker Fox should be here. Alicia Lewis should be here.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Maybe they're doing shots in the parking lot.
Speaker 1: That sounds right.
Speaker 4: Maybe they have like a just a just a giant bottle of booze, like a one point seventy five leader.
Speaker 2: I hope when you die no one shows up. I miss your private's route off. Whoa, yeah, you heard me? You made me man, frank says, I ran back to the car.
Speaker 4: Now I'm in the lobby. I'm a tall, dark Italian guy. Can't miss me. He's the best. He's the best.
Speaker 6: We're talking, but he seriously should start a podcast, Yeah for sure, in a video.
Speaker 2: Oh man, all right, keep going.
Speaker 3: The NFL Hall of Fame game was fantastic between the Panthers, who won thirty three to thirty over the Cardinals. Carson Beck was great for the Cardinals. He was fifteen to nineteen hundred and eighty eight yards on the Touchdown. Preseason games continue next Thursday. He wrote down that the Hall of Fame game was fantastic. Yeah, okay, it was, though.
Speaker 2: Hey, good teams win, great teams cover.
Speaker 4: The Carolina Panthers were one and a half point favorites and they won by three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, gotta come on. Can't just win? You get to cover and they covered? Do you have any action on it? No? I would have, but none of you like betting anymore.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 4: I gamble constantly, and not on the show, stock market Monday through Friday, poker on the weekends. I'm gambling almost seven days a week day. No you do, I said you do?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, sorry, even though I hate you, I order up.
Speaker 2: The links, lost everything.
Speaker 1: Bring your phone into the desk was going to be such.
Speaker 2: A derail them. Yeah, I don't know. I don't touch your stuff.
Speaker 1: Sure you do, I ask you to.
Speaker 3: I don't touch your phone when you've left it behind, Sure you no, I don't.
Speaker 1: I've got pictures of your wing lung on hair.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 4: I also brought a laptop in for years, and every time I would go to the bathroom, PA would type in extremely graphic man on man action and leave it into my laptop. Probably gave me every virus on the face of the ear. Did that, Paul Allen nine to noon, Yeah, that's I had to stop bringing in my laptop because I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, it's just it was always something just I couldn't go to the bathroom. Yeah, if I did, it was okay. What are you looking at, Cherry? Oh my god, come on, Paul?
Speaker 3: The links were I think like sixteen and a half point favorites there. Ten game losing streak is win streak, ten game winning streak is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yep, that's what that's that's right, yep, hot in here.
Speaker 2: Well there we got him. Yes, there's frankie V Hi Frank, Hi, Frank is how are you.
Speaker 13: Great?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, let's go nice box.
Speaker 4: Okay, calm Down's right though, Frank comes bearing gifts.
Speaker 2: That's I knew I liked Frank. Look at Frank's the best looking stealth he's ripped. Look at you probably does curls.
Speaker 1: You've been fighting people?
Speaker 10: Ye, Hi Frank, good morning body? How you doing great?
Speaker 1: Man house?
Speaker 2: Yeah, how are you?
Speaker 10: I'm great, I'm great, Thanks for having me, super excited to be here.
Speaker 2: How are you guys?
Speaker 10: Oh, we're just we're great, We're doing great. The hockey guy had a problem finding me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, well, you know, he's had a lot of concussions.
Speaker 10: There's so many people, there's so many people down there in the morning.
Speaker 2: It happens already taken strays. I love it.
Speaker 1: You feel confident about today, feel you like you got this?
Speaker 10: Uh No, I don't feel confident, but I feel pretty good. I mean you got to go into it relaxed and not too worried, and right here you go.
Speaker 4: Your wife did well a couple of weeks ago. She got a couple late there and got hot. Lates got too bad. Well, huff a tough couple of initials. It was man, Marny got shut out that game, yeah, shut out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it was brutal.
Speaker 10: So if could we get easier once today, please, I like a remedial program.
Speaker 2: We shall see.
Speaker 4: It's the tournament, right, This is like what the program passed word an invitational. Brandon ups the difficulty level on the words. I like to think that these clues are a little bit harder. The phrases might be a little bit harder. And it's me, the guy I unfortunately just made fun of Mark H. Parker Fox yes, Alicia Lewis, and then the man behind me, Rick Fields, who is the champion of the Initials Game Live Tournament of Champions. So everybody that plays in bars had to win at their own respective bar brewery restaurant to get to the Tournament of Champions.
Speaker 2: So the best players in the Yupper Midwest and Rick beat them all morning. Rick. That that scares me. He might be unbelievable.
Speaker 10: We don't know who our Initials freaks tell me that the bar game maybe even more difficult.
Speaker 4: I think that it is more difficult. God, so he is a ringer. He might be a ringer. He might be an unstoppable force.
Speaker 2: We don't know.
Speaker 4: We met him forty minutes ago, so we have no idea. I'll find out. Yeah, man, very exciting. We don't have it table set?
Speaker 2: Yeah, saw us anything else? No? That was it. Yeah, that's all I got. Did you find your phone? I did, Frank, thanks for carrying them about me.
Speaker 1: He's very upset.
Speaker 2: It was under the desk.
Speaker 1: Was under the desk.
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean Chris put it there, but it was under the desk.
Speaker 1: I did I slid it under the I admit I played a prank and went poorly.
Speaker 2: Just did very badly. Yes, it did. Most things I'll play along with. Not that. Don't touch my sush.
Speaker 1: To my stuff, I should no, no, not touch your phone.
Speaker 10: The guy in stripes, Francis Francis, touch my stuff.
Speaker 3: Kill you light up, Francis. My dad text me that about once a week.
Speaker 4: One of your favorite groups of people on the planet, the Manning brothers. But I believe doesn't Eli Manning do the bit where if you leave your phone open, he'll go in and change it to Chinese the.
Speaker 8: Language of Chinese. Somebody did that to me once. That's uh yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Heard driving over sauce was Asian. So that's according to.
Speaker 10: Aieh point yep, yep ye aniwa it happens as with you.
Speaker 2: Ye all right.
Speaker 4: Frank is here, Alicia should be here in a second. Parker should be here in a second. Let's do vikings as when we get back. But we also need to shoot the bleep with with Frank as well. This is the Power Morning Show. We're back after this on the fan from the one eight hundred.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's happening, man, everybody's gathering. Frank is here. He brought popcorn.
Speaker 2: It's happening.
Speaker 1: Heck, Yeah, man, what's this popcorn he brought? Frank? This is delicious? Hold on, he doesn't know he's on the area. Does he where Corey go?
Speaker 7: Did he? I?
Speaker 1: Did Corey dieree? I don't know if they know we're on the radio or not?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do?
Speaker 1: Okay is coryl.
Speaker 2: I don't know where Corey went. I don't know where he went.
Speaker 1: I wonder did he pass away or did he quit? He just gave up?
Speaker 2: Do you forget the initials game?
Speaker 1: He's so sick of the initials?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's tired.
Speaker 1: He just hates it. Oh, there he is.
Speaker 2: He's the one that pushes chat.
Speaker 1: I thought he was dead.
Speaker 2: I thought he was dead too.
Speaker 4: I felt like Parrish, Zach and I were downstairs because at least he's like I'm here and we're down there, and You're like, you're not here, and I felt like Mark. Well, apparently Parker brought her up the elevator, so you missed him in a different elevator.
Speaker 2: But we found everybody. They're all here.
Speaker 1: Frank brought us from popcorn. Is lovely popcorn that you brought Frank.
Speaker 2: It's that packaging to Mason.
Speaker 10: Have you ripped it open and tasted right now are so Highland Popcorn. It's popcorn worth personality and popcorn with a purpose. My friend Uh Connor and Seamus O'Mara started it and it's in Highland Park right behind the big Lunson Buyer Leiaes.
Speaker 2: But it is in Lunson Buyer LEAs. So they employ folks.
Speaker 10: With developmental disabilities and give them a great meaningful job. Love it, and they create this great product and everyone wins. And I'm lik an evangelist for it because I love popclown and I love the mission. So and they're really really cool people. But what do you think?
Speaker 2: Isn't it great?
Speaker 8: Us?
Speaker 1: Is baby burden me right now?
Speaker 10: Yeah it's not. It's really great for radio. I mean it sounds cool listen to eat it. But no, they and they've got all these varieties and they're they're cool.
Speaker 2: People and they do a really good job. Awesome.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's really good fans of the show. Connor actually has his own radio show. I think he said comment on Highland Popcorn.
Speaker 2: I'm not kidding.
Speaker 10: He does a Facebook production and a thing with Frogtown Radio. Uh is that justin Jefferson? Have you guy said justin lately?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No, but we have had Parker Fox and Alicia Lewis.
Speaker 4: Does that count Parker Frank Frank Parker Alicia Frank Frank Alicia have.
Speaker 5: Some popcorn digging in. I'm a big kettle corn guy.
Speaker 10: I knew Parker back in the day when my son would would play against him. Oh yeah, at maybe the biggest home court advantage that I've ever seen at a high school. And I've seen a lot of high school think, well, you guys, you know had the you had the music, right, we did. We got lucky and it was always packed, and they did a production and they did a show, and they were broadcasting the games long before. But I mean that was a very you know, that was a big hype environment.
Speaker 2: Was the music, Parker, Well, did you have a like a theme song? Well, somebody came in.
Speaker 5: And donated like a bunch of money and they put one of those like you know, dektronic type of boards up and they you know, the whole bit. And then they actually had classes where you could take like a broadcasting class, like game day kind of operations, so like graphics, and they had you know, a team of play by play and an analyst in the whole bit. So it's kind of before its time at the high school level ten years ago.
Speaker 2: Now, I mean.
Speaker 10: Lights music, they you know, it doesn't sound like anything now, but I mean, if you're you know, twenty seventeen.
Speaker 5: It was the coolest thing ever.
Speaker 10: I mean you walked in there and you're like, oh my god, I've got to play these guys, and you know, and they're still they fall They've got Parker Fox, So yeah, glorious.
Speaker 5: The old Saint Thomas Academy versus Moda meatas Man just good.
Speaker 2: A good rivalry for sure. Any idea what that record was.
Speaker 5: They got us? I think one in one my senior year.
Speaker 14: Memory.
Speaker 5: Uh, that was the game that I maybe have told the story about on the fan where I unfortunately did not get to play.
Speaker 2: I was going to That's a weird game that was. That was the naked game. That was the naked game. Do you know this story?
Speaker 5: I don't please do spark notes spark notes. Moda Meat Diverse, Tartan, big rivalry. There was always like girls games guys game, so guys played second and there was a history and anytime we beat Tartan, we would run around the school when we got back to the school around midnight in our boxers.
Speaker 12: Oh, so not really nice.
Speaker 5: So some of us took it a little too far, and we're a little extra excited because we had beat Tartan twice that year, so we're fired up. We're teenagers, were being dumb, and we get around halfway around the school and a couple of us decided to remove the boxers. So then I get to school on Monday morning and none of us knew there was cameras outside of the school. Yeah, and our student resource officer and our assistant principal come up to me as whatever, the captain of the team, and they're like, we have all of you guys naked on camera.
Speaker 4: It's best to just admit what happened. I don't think I asked you the first time you told the story? Can you can you try to replicate the tone? Was it like we have you all on camera?
Speaker 5: Or was well, i'll skip the verbage he used because he was a bro and he was friends with us, the whole bit. But it was pretty stern. But it was also a lot of disappointment because what are you doing? And so then, yeah, we knew it was going to be two games or two weeks, whatever comes first, and we missed two games. Our coach missed some games.
Speaker 2: I missed some games.
Speaker 14: So what your coach was missing games? Was he also?
Speaker 2: Well, he shouldn't have.
Speaker 5: I just I think they were just like trying to set the standard.
Speaker 12: He was.
Speaker 5: He was, he was, He was a fully idea. He can't clear the air on coach, clearly air on coach. He was fully clothed. He was just guilty by association. And we made a bad decision and we learned from it and we undunfortunately lost to Saint Thomas Academy. But I do remember sitting in the crowd before the game and one of the Saint Thomas moms comes up to me and she was, is it true you were mooning a group of middle school ski club members. It's not true.
Speaker 4: So yeah, there was a lot of false started that rumor right tried to get you kicked out.
Speaker 2: You know, it's so weird.
Speaker 10: When I was driving over here this morning and I heard you were playing, I was, I was trying to think, and I think I said, I think we beat him once, and I for some reason, I was like, he didn't play.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I couldn't remember if it was injury or what it was. Yeah, it was naked guy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was me and me and our point guard got two games and the rest of the guys got one game. But that was the game where it was none of our starters had played.
Speaker 2: And yeah, same time.
Speaker 4: So were the one game suspensions the boxer people, I think so.
Speaker 2: So it was just two of you were getting naked. Yeah, and it seems fair.
Speaker 5: I remember exactly how it went down. But yes, I got two games suspension. So yeah, that was a tough one. As you're committed to school to call the head coaches school, Hey, you're not going to see me in the box score. Here's why I ran around my school.
Speaker 2: Naked in the moment it had to be great. Yeah, unreal? Oh yeah for sure.
Speaker 14: Well there you go.
Speaker 5: But yeah, we learned from it and it's going to make a good memory and story for the rest of my life that already had. Yeah, exactly, So see frank again.
Speaker 2: Someone should have thought of the cameras. Darn it.
Speaker 5: I know those day have dumpster cameras.
Speaker 2: Start of your only fans career, never going to do bad. I always have other videos. Congratulations, have some popcorn?
Speaker 1: Yeah, brings you some Vikings news. Frankie excited about your Vikings.
Speaker 10: Says year what Yeah, maybe, Yeah, you know, I'm everyone's optimistic right now. I mean, so we'll see life is much better when they win and they play well. So yeah, I am excited about that part.
Speaker 1: Me too. Yeah, I think it's going to be good.
Speaker 2: You guys ever, get down to camp. Our teams out there all the time all the time.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Maxie and Ren are there all the time, like I'm sure your people are there all the time.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 15: Our sports Julia will the whole sports crew of course will be there.
Speaker 14: My colleagues is gonna be there the Sundays. You want to go, I'm not going to go. It's too early.
Speaker 1: Good crowds, Chris was there, Yeah, I've been there twice. Is great, great crowds. People are very excited, and it's good to see the young quarterback out there, the new quarterback out there doing what he's doing. And I think we'll get a lot of participation early from our rookies this year, which is different for us. But I'm excited. I think it's going to be a big year.
Speaker 2: Yeah. If they're healthy, there's a ton of potential, right Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they and it looks like they are completely I mean everybody's concerned about the foot injury. For Caleb, Banks are number one draft pick, but full participation in all the drills this week. So I'm doing one on one stuff and hitting full speed and looks like a monster. He and Big Citrus both look like they got something for everybody.
Speaker 10: When I saw video of those guys running, I was amazed. I was like, I can't believe that they are this enormous and this agile.
Speaker 2: Yep, it's not scary, yep.
Speaker 1: And imagine if Parker had talked him in to run around the school naked. That's a huge, right, but not a rookie. Now a second year man. Donovan, our starting guard, is having a easier time this second year.
Speaker 13: Last year, coming in, you had to learn the playbook and then you had to go out there against the confusing defense and run the plays. Now this year, you know, I know what I'm doing. You know I've seen these looks be forward, so I have a lot more confidence to let it loose and you know, just show off my playability.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I had heard his voice until thirteen seconds ago.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, probably not right.
Speaker 2: He's a massive man, massive massive.
Speaker 5: I saw him sitting at Billy sushi in one of those little like high chairs at the sushi bar. I was like, needs like three of these chairs to sit here. There's no way he does not fit.
Speaker 1: Big big guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Speaking of big dudes, Eric Wilson, who was a big surprise for us last year, played so well forced and he's back again this year and he thinks this defense could be even better this year.
Speaker 2: A lot better.
Speaker 16: I think it's a kind of an evolving defense. Last year was my first defense, but from what I've seen, and it's taken a step each and every year, and so I think we have a great group of guys, a great bunch of coaches too, and it's all kind of coming together.
Speaker 2: So it's excited.
Speaker 1: Yep, it's exciting, guys. It's almost here. Our first preseason game is a week from tomorrow in New York, right here on the fan.
Speaker 5: Go yeah, Jamays, you kind of talked about it yesterday, but you really think we're gonna be able to play like six rookies like.
Speaker 1: I think, Yeah, I think there's a whole group of them that are going to get some some time at least change for the It certainly will. Yeah, and that defensive line both of them could start on the defensive line this year, but I don't know. There's a lot of depth there with our guy Levi and uh Jalen Redmand as well. So it's gonna be good, you guys, wait and see. It's going to be so good for our linebackers as well. Cashman's going to have room to run this year because he's not going to be getting mauled at the line of scrimmage.
Speaker 14: I like your optimism.
Speaker 1: I'm always optimistic, but I really mean it. Yeah, I'm telling you, I really mean it this year, Alicia. I think that they're going to be good, and I think the quarterback is going to surprise some people. And Justin's gonna have a great year, and Jordan Adison's in a contract season, so he's gonna want to make some make some dollars next year. I think he's gonna do well, and the running game is going to be used quite effectively.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just feel good. Everybody's super Bowl possibility this time of year, though, right.
Speaker 10: I feel good because Alicia, the last eleven years in August he hasn't felt.
Speaker 2: I got that, right, you got that, Alicia.
Speaker 4: I think of most of us here do but we follow you on social media and I noticed again I think it was last week right where one of the benefits of marrying a Canuck is that you get to travel to Canada once in a while.
Speaker 14: Yeah, once you try to see the in laws.
Speaker 2: Friend, So where did you go?
Speaker 14: We went to Rivier delu.
Speaker 15: It's four hours yeah, Wolf River in translation, but it's four hours northeast of Montreal. So we had to take a three hour plane ride with two children, one screaming baby, and you know, we had to wait for you have kids, you had to wait for your your stroller at the plane and everyone passes you and I was.
Speaker 14: Like, whose baby was screaming? On that kid screaming? It was mine.
Speaker 2: But it's great.
Speaker 14: The kids had a fun time. My five year old speaks French fluently.
Speaker 15: It's in French immersion here and so we put them to the test with the the grandparents I meet Peppy and they were just I don't know what they were saying.
Speaker 14: I'm out here and they're all speaking French.
Speaker 2: You know none of it.
Speaker 15: I comprehend the second reference to but do you use du lingo or do you just learn from my husband doesn't speak French? He did in college, and that's how he became my husband.
Speaker 2: Smart.
Speaker 14: Smart, No I should learn. It's tough.
Speaker 15: I'm busy, you know. That's my excuse. It's a horrible excuse.
Speaker 2: It's too busy to learn a second language.
Speaker 1: That is true.
Speaker 2: Though they're going to conspire against you.
Speaker 14: You know they already have been.
Speaker 2: All right, they'll speak French behind your back.
Speaker 1: Where'd you say the city? Once again? Where did you go?
Speaker 14: Rivier delu?
Speaker 1: I'm trying to find it here.
Speaker 14: It's right on the Saint Lawrence River. It's great.
Speaker 15: It's where the the like the ocean water mixes with real water in the river, and and there's whales and it's beautiful spot.
Speaker 4: You get a five year old speaking French, I know, I know, doesn't even speak English.
Speaker 1: I went to Montreal last year for a snowcross event and uh man, uh you feel like you're a billion miles away from home.
Speaker 10: You do.
Speaker 1: Everybody speaking French obviously, and and uh everything. It's it's beautiful place.
Speaker 13: It is.
Speaker 14: Get the did you get a poutine when you're there?
Speaker 1: That's private. I knew extra grave, you know, I did not actually know, but no I did not. It looked weird and I couldn't do it.
Speaker 7: Wow, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It looked weird to me. I don't know.
Speaker 14: And you look weird to the French.
Speaker 1: There's no doubt about that. I looked weird to everybody.
Speaker 2: Chaps right now, Yeah, what's up with that?
Speaker 1: I was given chaps by one of our lovely listeners over there, and I put the montest if they'd fit. And now I haven't seen you yet. I would like to show them to you.
Speaker 2: See his chaps?
Speaker 10: Yeah yeah, talk talk about his poutine over the top of a I.
Speaker 5: Should have warn those when I was riding around the school.
Speaker 2: He's ready for storages.
Speaker 15: Well heary comes, Oh wo wow, thanks for wearing pants under them.
Speaker 2: They are definitely asless, no doubt about it.
Speaker 14: Oh I didn't get these.
Speaker 1: I just feel so small. Compt tell them what you want for Christmas?
Speaker 10: Both tell everyone that you're spending an extended period of time.
Speaker 2: And Parker Fox was wearing chaps.
Speaker 15: He's getting married in fifteen days, by the way, man, maybe just did that?
Speaker 2: Is that that soon?
Speaker 5: Fifteen days?
Speaker 2: Right around the corner, right around the corner, right on.
Speaker 5: It's nuts nervous or not, there's some nerves starting to kick in for sure. But I think like everything's covered, so it's just gonna be.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I think I'm the type that wants everything to go perfect. I know things are gonna be not perfect, Like there's gonna be mistakes and things won't be you know, the way exactly everybody wants them to go.
Speaker 2: But we're excited.
Speaker 5: I mean, it feels like we're married already.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it feels like you're married all of us. I mean, absolutely a great couple.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you do have to have the right attitude.
Speaker 4: At my wedding, my wife's veil ripped and she was almost in tears over it. So like I took my tie and I just cut it. Yeah he's not here, Bud, Oh that's right, it's Franke's I thought you were Rosie.
Speaker 2: For a second. Never mind. Ouch. Yeah, in the office. But yeah, the point is you have to have that attitude for sure.
Speaker 4: For sure, we had a series of things not go our way, and we still talk about it.
Speaker 1: That's what your wife says.
Speaker 4: You know that this is this is the this is the one thing that we had in our control.
Speaker 2: And this is true.
Speaker 4: This is not a bit for the office that I try to sneak past Mark Rosen. We uh. We had a relatively small wedding. It was like fifty five people at what is it called Maylwood or whatever, the one that's right outside of Rochester. Awesome like barn area thing. It was super cool. Think about that. Fifty five people or so. Right, my best friend Paul, childhood friend, Paul cut the cake with my wife because they said they quote couldn't find me, and I'm not making that up. How long did you look? They're like, we didn't know where you were. I'm like, there's there's fifty of us.
Speaker 14: Where were you where?
Speaker 5: I think?
Speaker 4: I literally think I was at the like the campfire outside the barn.
Speaker 2: They didn't.
Speaker 4: They're like close enough, just have Paul doing There are photos of Paul and my work cutting the cake.
Speaker 2: They hit the most iconic picture. Right, I wasn't there.
Speaker 1: I have no idea were they able to find you that night?
Speaker 4: You know, I think I high five Paul walking into my hotel room.
Speaker 2: Was fixing something up in there. Now he's in Texas just crushing. Yeah, true story. Didn't even cut my own cake, Parker. I would tell you.
Speaker 10: I think that's you know, like, don't freak out because that's a memory. And sometimes the memories live in the unplanned stuff, right, well, sure you can't, you know, don't lose it of something that the veil. Yeah, the weird best man, you know, don't worry about it's good advice.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't out you with this at all, up Parker, but just talking about the prices of things, yeah, I just can't believe it, man, I can't believe it.
Speaker 5: It's nuts, It's truly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I think that's just the wedding industry as a whole, Like they're going to charge whatever the heck they want to charge because they know people are going to pay it.
Speaker 14: Just get married at the courthouse like I did. That's seventy five dollars.
Speaker 2: It's a good deal. It's a pretty good deal.
Speaker 15: I had to get my husband a green card remember the Canada. Think, oh, that's right, he's a citizen. Now though, oh, you can't be deported. I don't think I shouldn't say that.
Speaker 10: Don't look if I get my lease or keep a good one, keep that card in your back pocketing times.
Speaker 4: So if you go cheap wedding, though, don't you have to do an awesome honeymoon.
Speaker 2: Where'd you go?
Speaker 1: We went?
Speaker 15: Well, it was COVID, so it was canceled.
Speaker 14: But we went two.
Speaker 15: Years ago to Hawaii was the late honey de late Honeymoon, which is great.
Speaker 14: It counts, yeah, it counts all.
Speaker 2: Right, all right.
Speaker 4: Alisia Lewis is here, Parker Fox is here. Isn't there a show called like Parker Lewis can't lose?
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course that's great show.
Speaker 4: So Parker Fox, Alisia Lewis, Frank Fassalo, Mark Parrish is back there, Rick Field's over here. The five of them are going to square off in about fifteen minutes for quarter final number seven of the Initials Invitational. Six semi finalists already through number seven will be through today. There's seven people that have three points that are watching this wild card race. We only have six spots. I don't know what we're gonna do, but we'll see if anybody gets three or more. Today, Fan five and a second initials in like fifteen minutes and one of you gets a crack at one hundred and twenty one thousand, five hundred dollars the jackpot.
Speaker 2: From the one eight hundred ask Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 14: This report is sponsored by Verizon Business. Good morning, we have construction