Speaker 1: A riot.
Speaker 2: Oh, Marny's here, Hi, Marsy.
Speaker 3: No one cares.
Speaker 4: That's so.
Speaker 2: Good morning, good morning. Johnny Bones is here. Hi, Johnny Bones, my kids, Max and Zach so he and you got meets us Paul Ebirds over there as well.
Speaker 5: Hi.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Strangely enough, Corey's on a mission trip.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, weird? And what is his mission?
Speaker 2: To convert everybody? Two j peg is called the initials game. No, he's he's on a vacation.
Speaker 3: Never know that.
Speaker 4: Yes, I think Zach's hosting it on Friday.
Speaker 2: You are got Oh my god, what just happened?
Speaker 4: You are three? And oh when I'm hosting?
Speaker 6: Oh who, Parish Pard.
Speaker 4: I'm sure it's circuiting. You are.
Speaker 2: So sausage three and no when you're hosting?
Speaker 1: Yes, interesting, meaning you only hosted three times ever?
Speaker 4: Correct? And he also had the record.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the records give menu traditional facts, which is fine.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that was very controversial.
Speaker 5: Very it's okay, well, no, it's completely fine, yeah, completely Zecho.
Speaker 3: Do you know the.
Speaker 4: The Muffin Man lives on Jury Lane? Is that where it lives?
Speaker 2: You got a man?
Speaker 4: Yes, jesus some of that.
Speaker 1: Do you also know what band played last Friday? Night at the Church of Country Music, Grand Ole Opry.
Speaker 6: Carrie Underwood introduced Shinedown at the Grand Ole Opry.
Speaker 3: How about that exactly?
Speaker 4: And really they played it.
Speaker 6: They have a new song that's awesome, search Light. It's great church light search Light. So they're getting into some country music.
Speaker 4: Now cool? Do you have the system of hawk? That's it?
Speaker 1: So that song that they sang, the new one, Well, typically when you play the Opry, you only play three four songs, and that's what they did, and they debuted a new one. Are you telling me the new song by Shinedown is country.
Speaker 4: A little bit? There's a little there, a little bit good?
Speaker 3: Cool, okay, alright, search Light very good?
Speaker 4: What's yeah?
Speaker 6: What's it about? Breaking free? Uh from jail? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Like yeah, dark basement?
Speaker 5: Why are they doing a diamond county.
Speaker 4: Ten years sentitentiary bid? Real hard?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Interesting?
Speaker 1: Well I just thought that was really cool because I have been to the Grand Ole Opry.
Speaker 3: What one time and over there.
Speaker 4: What waime?
Speaker 2: Okay you were saying James as you were, James.
Speaker 1: And it says country's country gets it's old slow country for the most part. So when I saw I saw on Instagram, I followed Carrie Underwood, and she was like such an honor to introduce this band that I saw in high school.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, shine Down, was that the grand Ole Opry?
Speaker 4: She loves she loves them?
Speaker 2: Did you see that slip Knot is up there tonight?
Speaker 5: Who's introducing them? Very b Happy Birthday? That something from Ghostbusters.
Speaker 1: From So when a band like Shinedown play like the grand Ole Opry, does their fan base need to know that so that the typical grand Ole Opry fan base doesn't.
Speaker 2: It's a great question mark faint may I tell you something?
Speaker 3: While Shindown comes on and they're.
Speaker 2: Like, what may I tell you something?
Speaker 3: Please?
Speaker 2: Information that I do know a little bit. Most people when they go to the Grand Old Opry have no ide who's going to be on stage at night. They just trust that the Grand ol Opery is gonna have good artists on there.
Speaker 4: Oh really that's the truth.
Speaker 3: But you assume it's going to be old school country.
Speaker 2: Sure, that's what I'm talking about, not shined Out, But I bet shined it Down didn't, do you know? Creeping Death? You know, I'm sure they cater the set a little bit to what their the audience.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and they had a couple of extra musicians up there, that's sure.
Speaker 1: Sure, Yes, I guess I'm just not ay Shine down and fishingado. But I would say they're they're always away from traditional country.
Speaker 4: Yes and no.
Speaker 6: I mean they're they're Southern rock bands, so they definitely have some country.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I mean the famous questions.
Speaker 2: I mean I just thought, no, it's a legitimate question.
Speaker 4: But it's definitely.
Speaker 2: We're all with you. We're right there, we understand it's a legitimate question. Are you upset?
Speaker 4: What happened?
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 3: Last time I came in? There was food here, Parogi's and such.
Speaker 4: Chicken fingers the time before that.
Speaker 3: What did you guys bring today? Nothing?
Speaker 2: I'm baking bread over here?
Speaker 5: Sour?
Speaker 4: Did that sounds so filthy? Going on?
Speaker 3: Do you know what?
Speaker 4: Eton Why do you still have some of that salmon butter?
Speaker 8: There?
Speaker 4: Won't cover it up. I'm gonna need another tub.
Speaker 2: What's interesting is when I said that, I was looking at my computer, but I saw out of the bottom of my eye Marty look at me as if I just run over her cat. And I try not to look at you when you do that, because I feel embarrassed.
Speaker 6: By the way, Max, We're going to need another tub, is what the housekeeping staff says after Chris is done in there.
Speaker 2: That's so true, that's really good.
Speaker 5: Very Bagotian is the senior regional business manager Glaucos.
Speaker 4: That's the only thing that I can find. It's no person of any note.
Speaker 3: Well, how are you spelling?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Eric.
Speaker 4: Eric Eric Man.
Speaker 3: No, he is.
Speaker 2: He's an author and an actor who wrote a stage.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I know that guy called talk Radio.
Speaker 4: I've seen him in something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's been in a few things and and I don't talk about I stole his last name.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know why, kid of mind.
Speaker 2: I have no idea anyways, seeing him, he was he's a he's a pretty famous guy. You'd know his face. I bet.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He's a kind of a kind of like a what's the dude's name we used to sing for that one band?
Speaker 5: Uh, Dusty Cowey Taylor really get up Dusty drugs.
Speaker 2: Now where he just talks to people. You know, he sits and just talks.
Speaker 4: Oh the don't worry be Happy guy? Oh yes, oh the micro.
Speaker 2: Did you say Bob Narley?
Speaker 5: It's pretty good Bomb Narley, you do every song, but it is in reggae Fashion's.
Speaker 3: Snarley. Yeah, I have an idea.
Speaker 2: Will you back it financially?
Speaker 3: Let me check the spreadsheets.
Speaker 6: News with Chris Hockey, presented by the twenty twenty six i HF World Junior.
Speaker 4: Champion, and thank you.
Speaker 3: Here's Bob Narley.
Speaker 4: World Junior and Man dot com.
Speaker 3: What what that father?
Speaker 5: Are you?
Speaker 4: Okay, you're going to get an email. I'm going to send them.
Speaker 3: That was not.
Speaker 4: You're big.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's it would say that's bothered something everything has.
Speaker 4: Bothered from Corey.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true, exact.
Speaker 4: Well, that's all we all just went. Yeah, right.
Speaker 2: Right, here's some news guys. Case you care?
Speaker 3: Do you guys care?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I care to Minneapoli Saint Paul International Airport is anticipating flight delays and longer way times because it's m E A weekend. Hey, WHAT'SMBA stand.
Speaker 6: For Minnesota Educators Association.
Speaker 2: Damn that's awesome. Thanks. I didn't know. I never knew that till I think.
Speaker 4: How did you know that so quickly?
Speaker 2: Uh? These are due to the government shout done in the more than fifty thousand people who are expected to fly this weekend. So far, effects have been minimal at MSP, but airports across the country have been delayed because of the air traffic controllers and such like that. As of Monday, seventy eight flights inner out of MSP were delayed and six canceled, but the average security way time was only about ten minutes. Officials worried that with workers not being paid and bill's still being due, less will show up for work. But I'll tell you what, Let let me put a a happy spin on this. There's no better airport to be delayed in than MSP.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's great.
Speaker 2: It's sort of like going to the madel of America almost.
Speaker 4: It's so cool.
Speaker 6: Plus guards, he just kind of hangs out there.
Speaker 2: Usually you can definitely see guerdsy there.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Guards always there.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Don't ask you where he's going because he usually don't remember.
Speaker 5: No, he's been drinking too heavily.
Speaker 2: About that, but somebody points him in the right direction.
Speaker 4: Put the bottle down, Yeah. Guards.
Speaker 2: Amazon is ramping up hiring out of the holidays, looking for a fill two hundred and fifty thousand positions across the US. Company seeking full time, part time, and seasonal workers for Thumb and the transportation roles, offering an average twenty three dollars an hour plus benefits. Guys, I'll see you later.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 2: No, anyway, a new job just gonna be posted weekly from October through December, no matter. If that's just like a package shipping jobs or do you think they hire drivers as well, because I love to drive.
Speaker 4: Yeah, probably drivers.
Speaker 6: Oh, I'm sure yeah, I'm sure always very good driver.
Speaker 4: Thanks brain man.
Speaker 2: It's very sweety to call me.
Speaker 4: That is that in the movie.
Speaker 3: I said it was sweet.
Speaker 4: I don't think you meant it.
Speaker 2: How can you tell?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I've worked at the long enough.
Speaker 2: Well, it's almost over.
Speaker 4: I hope I like it.
Speaker 2: Here a new study publisher in the British Journal of Sports Medicine says you're a walking pace Matters.
Speaker 5: God, your dad loves that magazine.
Speaker 2: The research found. Oh, you know, by the way, I like hold on, hold no, no, no, no, no, for real, this is the real thing, Marty. I'm sorry they're distracting. I'm gonna talk to you, just to you, Marty, because these people are ridiculous. I like little inventions that you're like. Damn, man, that's a great idea. I wonder who thought of that? And I hope they made a lot of money. And the last time I had that idea was, well, the last two times have involved urinals. Well yeah, I know, I know it sounds weird, but stay with me. Number one. You know how many well Mars you don't know, but in a urinals, Yeah, yeah, at Urinals, they got these I don't know if they're called splash pads, what they're called, but these things in the bottom so you don't have the pepiece splash right back on you, right, and they worked like a damn charm. And I was like, I don't know who thought of this, but that's pretty brilliant. I hope they're millionaires. Yea, that's one of them. Right over in jolly old England Town in the locker room, they had these things you pee into that tell you whether or not you're dehydrated, and they light up green if you're hydrated and read if you're not. And I thought, that's a brilliant, damned idea.
Speaker 4: That's brilliant.
Speaker 2: Who ever thought of that is a millionaire. Do you guys have ideas like that? You guys have any things like that? Where you see and you just noticed that there in the day and you're like, man, whoever thought of it, well done. Hmmm umm, I asked you. So you guys can think about it and get back to me.
Speaker 9: But this is a little thing, I guess like traveling. Some other countries don't have it. It is very nice and convenience here to be able to get like public transportation tickets on your phone, like you can a lot of the train stations in London. Now you can just use the old like Apple pay and just scan it over so you don't have to and actually incentivize you to do it because it costs significantly less than just going and buying a paper ticket. Now, so that is something that is really nice that I'm like, thank God for.
Speaker 4: Whoever whoever I thought of that.
Speaker 2: That's a good one.
Speaker 10: You can do that with the Minneapolis Saint Paul International as well. You can download the metro Transit app yep and buy those tickets.
Speaker 6: Before.
Speaker 4: I was so mad when I found that out.
Speaker 5: There's so many times that I was riding that bus was just change I got like dimes.
Speaker 2: You saw me on Halloween right, Speaking of that, Maxo, and you guys continue to think if you think of any let me know, can you imagine MARNI uh, bony uh saucy. Because these two probably won't remember this, maybe you will imagine the trip that Maxo just took where he went all over the world back before we had cell phones. Do you guys remember having team to Doe dude to buy and or download even the map and then try to follow the map across the country.
Speaker 3: I drove pop up You remember the pop up map? Oh yeh, yeah, you folded it out like that.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: I drove from this no joke, Virginia Beach, Virginia to Los Angeles, California, so literally from one coast to the other with just a hard map.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I found my way across.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 10: Even even locally, you would even locally you would have a book, a book where you'd be like, Okay, I'm going to such and such street in Excelsior on Tuesday, and you'd have to go and look in the glossary for what page and what grid number where that was?
Speaker 3: You said, the.
Speaker 2: Word that makes me tremble, the word glossary.
Speaker 3: It does.
Speaker 10: You'd have like a one and a half inch thick book in the side rest of your your card.
Speaker 3: To laminated just metro area as well.
Speaker 1: I had that big map also a laminated just metro area.
Speaker 10: Between moving from Philadelphia to Minneapolis, we decided to take the long way and so we traveled basically it took three months and just traveled around the United States in a car.
Speaker 2: It's so cool.
Speaker 3: Did you do cool?
Speaker 6: We?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 10: That was It's one of those thays like we're going from like being single and fun to we're gonna have a family and get.
Speaker 4: Jobs and stuff.
Speaker 10: Let's just take let's just see what that Yeah, exactly exactly yet it's about right over and we had a ran McNally, one of those one of those maps that was like it's like eighteen by twenty four inches, you know what I mean. It was a book and each state had each each page had et cetera. And we still have it because when we did it, we had a highlighter and we traveled all of the streets that we went on, all the freeways and stuff that we went to on that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's cool, we do cool things.
Speaker 3: But it was it was a cool yeah summer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a cool summer.
Speaker 4: Yeah things.
Speaker 10: And we got to we got to Anaheim and took a look at our took a look at our shoe box.
Speaker 4: And our money.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and we were at I think we had eleven dollars and seventy or so.
Speaker 4: Let's go back to that.
Speaker 2: Remember, I think I think I'm right about there. You probably exaccho. You might know and look it up if you don't. When did ATMs become a thing, because I'm almost positive I remember not knowing how I was going to get my money.
Speaker 4: No, there was.
Speaker 10: There were definitely a TMS that we just have any money left in the account.
Speaker 3: I got.
Speaker 2: Up using happened to me last night.
Speaker 10: And well, first, there was no such thing as cell phones in nineteen ninety five, I forget it. Yeah, so we were talking to a friend of mine in Minneapolis and using our calling card.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because that's how you had to do it. You had a card that.
Speaker 10: You would call one hundred, type in your number and it would charge you to scary. Yeah, We're like, we've got eleven dollars. What a weird nickname?
Speaker 4: Bear?
Speaker 2: So thank you? Yeah, I do think of them.
Speaker 3: Back to Max's trail please, yeah, travelers checks, yeah, yes, just the currency.
Speaker 1: Of I don't probably not, but even going to Canada, I feel like we would for sure go get your Canadian money if we the Wolves had a trip to Toronto, which is pretty much the only time I ever went to Canada. But that that piece of just being able to use whatever it is your cell phone, your your credit card, et cetera, and not have to walk around with travelers check.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Man, Yeah, I have two quick things on the invention front.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 6: One that's under the radar that we didn't really we didn't have a day that like it was, oh my god. But the ability to play whatever song you want wherever you want is such a cool thing because.
Speaker 9: W Edged Sword though, because people are playing these damn songs out loud off their phones in every public place.
Speaker 5: It's a global pandemic. People need to be on terroristless.
Speaker 2: I think we had a nerve there, but I do agree you mean that is a huge like the idea that you don't have to re hit the rewind button and wait for the tape to go backwards, flip the record to hear the other side of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, with the little apple shuffles.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I use every match book.
Speaker 3: There's a scene about that in b You have all.
Speaker 6: Your phone, but think about the process.
Speaker 5: Yeah, its forever, years and years and years, download it on your computer, and then you had to put it onto.
Speaker 4: The Yeah you're talking about like LimeWire. Yeah, that was no matter what you downloaded, it was always was the one.
Speaker 6: And I just think in flight Wi Fi is unbelievable.
Speaker 4: You want to.
Speaker 2: Have a Wi Fi network on a plane?
Speaker 3: You would?
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm surprised we made it to the next destination. Was so angry.
Speaker 4: What scene I remember.
Speaker 10: I remember when they I first saw in flight CD players.
Speaker 2: I remember one we could have smoking.
Speaker 10: You could rent a CD player at one airport and bring it to the DVD and then bring it to the next airport and drop it off. And oh my god, our kids were already four and two in which like we had found Jesus, because otherwise you put these kids on the plane and you had nothing for them to do for three hours, and every forty five seconds you had to come up with a different distraction.
Speaker 3: I can't believe you. I haven't thought about it years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you bought it and you rented, I should say, and then you dropped it off when you got to your destination.
Speaker 3: Holy moly. You just that's something else.
Speaker 4: Man. It was the best.
Speaker 2: For just a hot minute. That was the only way to do it.
Speaker 10: I remember Christy looking at me midway through a flight with one of the kids watching like Teletubbies on a DVD portable DVD player, and she's like, I'm going to read a magazine.
Speaker 2: We'll do more of this and and sports and finally get to KOC and the Vikings after this on.
Speaker 3: Hey, happy Garler's birthday.
Speaker 6: Everybody, Hey Rubes, Hey what this football season?
Speaker 4: Bell Bank is giving one.
Speaker 6: KFE listener each week one thousand dollars to pay it forward to a charity of their choice. To head over to KFE and dot com keyword contest to learn more and enter today coyord contests.
Speaker 4: I don't know. Are you okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm good man, I'm good It's Patrick Morning Show.
Speaker 5: Are you okay, I'm great man. Nobody ever ask.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure the Max is okay.
Speaker 5: He farted and it stuck out and then I blamed you. It was a revenge part. My body has just been sucking in all the all the negative part energy from all of it from the months years. A scene from Ghostbuster and I had had to pay it back and forth.
Speaker 2: Wow, hey Martie, did you watch that Inday live at all?
Speaker 1: I watched some clips. I have not watched it through. Was so thrilled to see Amy Poehler Yeah yeah, and a little bit of Tina Fey Yeah.
Speaker 2: And Usty and during the weekend update.
Speaker 1: My yeah, it was a hitting the mess.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I thought it was pretty good. I like Amy polar I love Have you been listening to her podcasts? I haven't.
Speaker 2: I haven't, and I don't know why. I mean, it's on my list of things, but it's excellent.
Speaker 3: She's a very good conversationalist.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, she's good. Yeah, good.
Speaker 4: I saw the one with Quinta Brunson. That was really good. I liked that one.
Speaker 9: Quinta Brunston, she's the main she's the lady that made Abed elementary.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: That wasn't the season though, was it.
Speaker 3: Are you talking about the podcast or sn.
Speaker 4: L the podcast O? Yes, yes, yes, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: So when you say I saw, I think of TV, But you mean because it's a multi media clipse of quinter.
Speaker 2: Okay, here's the thing. We haven't talked sports at all today. It's time for a fan five on the Power Trip, presented by all Around, your Timber Tech deck building contract Turkey.
Speaker 4: All Around.
Speaker 3: Here's PJ Flag.
Speaker 4: They got fred Sacho.
Speaker 5: The Wild scored three power play goals in the first period, but the King scored three and the third to tie it up and send it to ot. Marco Rossi got the game winner in the shootout. You're Wilder two to one to Oho. They battle the Stars tonight in Dallas at eight thirty. You could hear that game right here on the fan.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got ours.
Speaker 6: We're pretty happy about that game, going to overtime and to shoot out, with the Wild having to then fly out immediately from Saint Paul to Dallas to play them tonight. But good win, very heart pounding win. They blew it in the third. That's something they got to shore up. But Walsted with his shootout performance getting that win, that was awesome and big two points.
Speaker 4: But man, they.
Speaker 6: Gotta they gotta play more than just forty minutes.
Speaker 2: Hey Max, you do my favorite? Yeah, we open that door and then go take a bath.
Speaker 5: Really the Phantom of the Astrae movie.
Speaker 2: Here's Dot Hines.
Speaker 4: It's early in the year.
Speaker 7: We have to get in different situations and see how we respond to them, and and uh, you know, the most important thing is you find ways to get two points right and then as we continue to grow along and hammer home how we want to do things in certain situations and the expectation as we move forward that we handle the better.
Speaker 2: Was that the third game?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we blew somebody out, We got blown out, and then we went to overtime?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yes, crazy one and Oero Tall three goals on the power play?
Speaker 4: Yeah, how about that in the first period?
Speaker 6: I'll am because for some and teams throwing the puck over the glass at Grand Casino Arena, no idea?
Speaker 4: Why? But that was like the fifth what?
Speaker 6: Yeah, they've had two games and I think that's four or five now delay of game penalties by opponents at the what the g spot?
Speaker 2: So that's what we're calling it now. Yeah, that's what the kids are calling it.
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 3: If I got to, I got to?
Speaker 4: You got you got two?
Speaker 3: You know what's weird?
Speaker 4: You know what they say about those? I have two, you don't have one?
Speaker 3: You know what else they say?
Speaker 2: If she's got two, maybe I'll finally find one of them.
Speaker 3: Did you say good for Musty?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: The Falcons beat the Bills twenty four to fourteen. What Beijon Robinson ran for one hundred and seventy yards of a touchdown. The Bills are four and two. They've lost two straight. I think they found themselves.
Speaker 4: Are three and two. I think they found themselves.
Speaker 5: The Bears beat the Commanders twenty five to twenty four on a thirty eight yard walk off field goal by former third round pick of the forty nine ers, Jake Moody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wasn't he just added to the squad yesterday?
Speaker 4: I think so.
Speaker 5: The kickers hurt. The Bears are three and two, the Commanders are three and three.
Speaker 2: Here's Caleb Williams.
Speaker 3: The cat is on the roof, hippie counter culture.
Speaker 5: After a one in five start. It's now on the screen, so this bit won't work. The Titans fired their head coach Brian Callahan. He coached two seasons. How many games did he win? It's on the screen. He won four. He was four and nineteen as a head coach. God, your team sucks, Mac forman team. No. I've been through my share of weather, hideous blizzards, flaweds and and the and the like.
Speaker 4: But let's focus.
Speaker 5: Yeah, biblical flags, the black flag, and I'm I'm done for now. I'm taking I'm taking some time off. I'm a I'm a Vikings fan, the Titans don't help me pay the bills to Vikings do Is.
Speaker 2: There a coach that would bring you back if they hired him? Let's say Bill Belichick.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I mean, I mean, honestly, anything at this point, anything is better than Brian Kallen.
Speaker 4: He's terrible. There I said it.
Speaker 5: I think Maxill before you showed up, there was a list yesterday on social media of all the blunders he had just in the last game, like not calling a time out, not not reviewing this blatant thing, like all these bits that a normal head coach would have reviewed or called or whatever it was.
Speaker 2: I will say this, and I've said it from the beginning, even though you guys have made fun of me, that kid's gonna make it. That quart good, That quarterback's gonna be good. He's not great yet, obviously.
Speaker 3: But it's gonna be good.
Speaker 4: He doesn't have anybody in his favor.
Speaker 3: He's gonna be good. I hope.
Speaker 2: I man, I've seen him do some crazy things and I had to defend myself over and over again.
Speaker 5: Shouldn't very first you didn't say it was great. I think he's through for sixty yards?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, I thought those sixty yards were important.
Speaker 6: They probably look here at Point Hawk. We have way too tight a leash on these kids. Man, they they need to develop, and we're seeing it time and time again now with Daniel Jones on fire as Sam Darn I mean, all these guys like them. Yes, they need some time to develop. It's a tough place to play.
Speaker 4: More time. God, I missed that video game.
Speaker 9: I appreciate cam Ward's fourth rightness, his honesty. Like when they asked him how the team is, he said, I'm going to be honest.
Speaker 4: We're ass Yeah, and he's right. It was one hundred. They are double cheeked up.
Speaker 5: And they would beat the Jets.
Speaker 4: The Jets are the worst blown out by the Raiders. Yeah, the Jets are terrible. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's the patric Morning Show. It's seven forty one. Hi, the Bonies of their mornings over there, and Viking's News is next, and I have some audio from koc.
Speaker 4: It starts like this, gotta be Maurty, your hands up.
Speaker 2: She just said, hi, And I'll play you the rest of that when we come back.
Speaker 4: What do you say? Oh? He started like this, gotta be.
Speaker 3: Gotta be He's doing his best gotta be gotta be.
Speaker 4: All right. Sounds good.
Speaker 2: I'm fan.
Speaker 6: We all remember that one teacher who made a difference, who believed in us, challenged us, or just made burning fun. Now's your chance to say thank you in a big way with iHeart Radios, Thank your Teacher power by donors choose nominated outstanding public school teacher who's gotten above and beyond for their students to win five thousand dollars, stocked the class with whatever they need. Help us say thank you to the educator shaping our future. Nominate your favorite teacher now at iHeartRadio dot com slash teachers.
Speaker 1: My favorite teacher was missus Spain in second grade. Hold on, yeah, man, she was actually American? No kidding, Yeah, no kidding.
Speaker 4: What's a fraud?
Speaker 6: I thought she was America.
Speaker 2: Did you ever say bring to Spain? I'm Chris.
Speaker 3: Why did you call me Zach? You called him Zach.
Speaker 4: Reference? Did yeah, Tarzan?
Speaker 2: I didn't hear your subtle Vine reference. I probably wouldn't have gotten anyway. What have I don't know Vine? You guys alway talking about Vine. I missed it completely. It's one of those things in technology I missed completely. Like there was an another one. Uh, MySpace never used it.
Speaker 4: My space was great, that was awesome.
Speaker 6: My profile was just nasty looking.
Speaker 11: It was great because you could X rated No, no, just like you could change the colors and change like the fonts and just make it so unreadable.
Speaker 3: Yeah you did.
Speaker 5: What song did you have playing when you clicked out here? Exact gosh? Tears that happened?
Speaker 4: Uh, it's all your friends were like, there were no signs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no idea you yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that was one of mine.
Speaker 5: Crank that remember the various crank Oh straight. So he was the first rapper to utilize the internet, like he was the first viral rapper for sure.
Speaker 4: I hope he's okay. I didn't even know he was sick. Piece he's dead.
Speaker 2: I hope he's asleep early in the morning.
Speaker 4: He got a shot for it though.
Speaker 3: It's time for Presented by Series.
Speaker 2: Thank you, rad go And I send this out to my good friend alex Kie, who's harvesting sugar beets way up north.
Speaker 3: Season, isn't it is?
Speaker 2: Yeah? May has been rolling since two a m.
Speaker 5: Sugar beats really yeah, well, I don't know what they are.
Speaker 3: Their beats, their beats.
Speaker 4: They're sweet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's an alternate form of of of avoid to get sugar.
Speaker 3: Yeah, similar to sugar cane.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, exactly right. Yeah, And there's big fields full of them up in the lovely town of Crookston, and Alex Keel is harvesting some as we speak. He's probably driving himself a a what do you call those big harvester.
Speaker 3: Things, uh, combine, combine.
Speaker 2: He's probably driving combine. He told me that. You now, you just get in and flick a switch and it basically drives itself. As said, occupy do that.
Speaker 1: And I got GPS in that. He sort of keeps you on the track exactly. My brother has driven a sugar beet truck. Oh quit bragging for twenty years.
Speaker 6: Dusty relation or just a black friend.
Speaker 5: It's a good question.
Speaker 2: He's got a legitimate question.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he is biological brother, Kirk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: So I thought, Yeah, there's sugar beats everywhere, oh man, and they're huge, man.
Speaker 1: Yes, and this time of year it is just truck after truck after truck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got that right, buddy. So, uh, good morning to all you out there doing real work this morning. We're going to continue talking and trying to.
Speaker 3: Make our list season.
Speaker 2: It is harvest season, man, it is harvest season. KOC had a press competence story, We're back to work, man. Things are happening and a lot of our players are back to work, and of course one of those players our young quarterback JJ Mack.
Speaker 3: Here's KOC on JJ Mack being back.
Speaker 12: Very excited to get him back officially practicing. I don't necessarily want to put a percentage on where I think he's at health wise, and I think we'll you know, this week will be.
Speaker 4: Massive for our whole team.
Speaker 12: But just to see JJ back out there getting reps and working through the process of building that foundation back up, and we got off to a really good start last week. I was very fortunate to get that time with him.
Speaker 3: Good, good, good.
Speaker 2: What are the factors on whether or not JJ Mack is back at quarterback.
Speaker 12: We've got to prepare that position just like the rest of our team, where it's principles of playing good football that I think can be our separator, and then we allow the health and kind of the readiness factor to help drive that decision later on.
Speaker 4: In the week.
Speaker 2: What are your sources saying, SAC.
Speaker 5: Well, I I think the issue not the issue but was kind of brought up yesterday. Is he is only practiced in full to be the starting quarterback in a regular season situation basically one and a half times. Right, he did it for the regular game for the first game, and then he did it for the second game. And he's been out, so he's practiced twice in however many you know, how many games? Is almost twenty three games, twenty four games, whatever it is. So I think it's weird that they haven't really come out, I know, like the subtrifuge of making the Eagles.
Speaker 4: Wonder who you're going to play?
Speaker 5: Right, but he's your guy, Like I think tomorrow they can't hide it anymore, Like he's got to be on he's either injured.
Speaker 2: The quarterback takes the podium tomorrow. Yeah, so whoever that's going to be?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: I mean, isn't that normally how it is?
Speaker 4: I think so?
Speaker 5: I think so, yeah, Or they might have him both speak or you know, there's ways that they can get around that. But we will find out tomorrow what is in jury status is because you have to have an injury report. I think that if he doesn't play this week, I don't think you play him on a short week into the Chargers, especially against his old head coach in Harbaugh. So I think if he doesn't play this week, I don't think we see him until they play the Lions November at noon in Detroit.
Speaker 2: Can I be controversial Devil's advocate? I don't even know about that. I just don't think it matters who the opponent is. I think when he's ready to play, he's gonna play. Yeah, I just I really I think I don't know if there is some subterfuge. I think they have to decide whether or not he truly is ready to go. I think that's what we're seeing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, But I also think I think the thing when you look at this situation is you have you know, he didn't get to play his first season, right, the but the short the small stuff that we have about him this time around, I can't think of the word. Well, the sample size, the all sample size of him is he's been good for one quarter. He was awful. It's not negativity, it's just the facts. He was awful in that game against Atlanta. He was terrible. Now, the offensive line is banged up, I get that, right. Carson Wentz has played behind a banged up offensive line, and they've won a few games, right, right.
Speaker 4: So we just got to see.
Speaker 5: I don't know what they're gonna do with him, right because if he were ready to go in rearing to go, I think they would have said yesterday, Yeah, he's gonna play. He's our guy, We're gonna roll with him. I think there's just a couple of question marks health wise and readiness wise that they're d it's only health.
Speaker 2: What do you think, Mark, Because you nodded for a moment ago and you agree with me, so I want to hear from you now.
Speaker 1: I agree that at some point we really need to know what we have.
Speaker 3: In JJ McCarthy. But I feel like there's a lot of.
Speaker 1: Season left and right now, Carson Wentz has played well enough to keep us competitive and even give us a win. That final drive going nine for nine, I mean correct, that was a real step.
Speaker 3: Up in quarterback play.
Speaker 1: He's not a guy that I want to go away from on the heels of a game winning nine for nine drive. That is not an anti JJ McCarthy statement.
Speaker 3: That is just a if it was me making the decision, and it might be. Kevin O'Connell said that he yeah, I don't even think that's a secret.
Speaker 1: If its me, I just say we're in no hurry to flip flop these guys. I'm going to stick with Carson Wentz is my one and JJ McCarthy as my two, and when needed, I have no problem making that switch real quick. But I don't see the need to make it.
Speaker 2: Right now, right Sean's and Bonie, I'll get your thoughts in a moment. But Sean Saliberry said with Brerow last week, what are you what are you talking about? Play whoever you think is the best quarterback right now. JJ mccon Dorothy is not brittle if he if he's if he doesn't get the start, you don't have to worry about him breaking mentally. You do what's right for the team. And I'll tell you this, I believe Johnny. You tell me if you think I'm wrong. I don't think there is anybody better in the whole wide world to determine who's ready to play quarterback than our head coach the right decision.
Speaker 4: I think you're wrong.
Speaker 3: That's why would you talk radio to be specifically?
Speaker 10: No, I just think if J J. McCarthy's ready, J J. McCarthy has to play. Carson Wentz is an average average quarterback. If JJ McCarthy isn't starting over Carson Wentz, who's he starting to again?
Speaker 2: Well you would have said that about Sam Donald last year. Well, yeah, but Sam Donald was showing that.
Speaker 10: I mean I would have if if if JJ McCarthy was healthy last year, I probably would have said the same thing. I mean, you're not going to turn I don't think you're going to turn Carson Wentz into a und Yeah, well maybe a Sam Donald or yeah. I don't think he's gonna be as good as Sam Donald is. And bottom line is I just think I if JJ McCarthy can't outplay, there's got to be a certain level of bar. But at some point, like you've got to, there's gonna be a level bar that you have to achieve. But Carson Wentz is not a high bar to to step over. Like if if you if Carson Wentz is gonna outplay JJ McCarthy this year, if you're not gonna start JJ McCarthy this year because Carson Wentz is on your team, well then you're gonna be able to find somebody next year that JJ McCarthy can't start over to.
Speaker 4: And the next year, and the next year and the next year.
Speaker 1: This point, Bonie, to this point, Carson Wentz has significantly outplayed JJ McCarthy.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Maybe, I mean no, no, no, not not maybe.
Speaker 10: Actually I would say maybe because Carson Wentz has had a better offensive line situation than JJ McCarthy.
Speaker 5: Is that except except except for last week? But I think the other thing too, Bonus, is in that Bengals game, they got those two defensive touchdowns. That team was reeling from losing their star quarterback again to another injury. He JJ McCarthy needed to play in that game because there was he had nothing to lose, right, I mean, you can give up a fourteen point lead, but like they dominated that game, and it was all because Carson Wentz could go out and just play football. But on last Sunday, whenever it was two Sundays ago, he drove that team down the field against a very bad team.
Speaker 10: You're down down on JJ McCarthy because he's had one good quarter Carson Wentz. All I hear about Crishon Wentz is one drive. Yeah, I mean it was a good drive, sure, don't get me wrong.
Speaker 6: And he that one good quarter that JJ had was I mean on the road Monday night. Yeah, noise everywhere, and then he follows that up with obviously yes, not a not a great performance at all, But there were plenty of factors at play where we're just talking about earlier about how you need to give these guys time to grow, time to develop, and if you're gonna hide him behind, you know, the ceiling for JJ is so much higher than Carson will ever give us.
Speaker 4: And you need to me was.
Speaker 6: An MVP candidate at one point, Yeah, but now, I mean is he gonna win the MVP?
Speaker 10: And also three weeks into the season, we need to be like, we need to be like Alex Kiel with those sugar beats.
Speaker 6: We need to cultivate JJ and you know see what he can do.
Speaker 2: You got that, right, mister?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Well soon.
Speaker 6: My question though, because you keep saying this and I'm just I'm just I don't understand exactly what why they the short week would have Like if he's not ready health wise this week this Sunday, why why would the short week prevent him from playing next week?
Speaker 5: Because I think they want him to get a full week's worth of of practice because if he tomorrow, if it comes out that he's limited. Then you know that Carson Wentz has to get the first team reps. Now we're into the point or like last week, he can practice all he wants it, who's ever around, but you have to get Carson Wins the starter of this game, first team reps.
Speaker 4: Right that that's my whole pot.
Speaker 2: We all agree, though, do we all agree that we have the right coach to make the choice, trust him to make the right choice. Sure, I mean, I'm sure we can debate it all day, but here he's going to make the right choice. I'm not just saying that because I'm kissing his butt. I believe that's the truth.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: Something that does worry me is this Van Ginkle injury in the neck.
Speaker 12: Yeah, he's uh, he's going to be working on a side field you know, early on this week and then what I see is, you know, you know, his workload hopefully picking up as we go. I don't really have an update on his availability for Sunday yet. Want to see kind of how he how he does with some of that side field work, and he'll be a critical guy to get back in there when we can.
Speaker 2: Man that neck I believe was an issue when he got here, right isn't that.
Speaker 4: I think it's always.
Speaker 2: Right right, So worried about that, but feeling real good, Marns because Blake Cashman is back here's like himself.
Speaker 4: I feel great.
Speaker 8: You know, to the past four weeks have had to you know, be patient, get to get the leg right. But uh, you know, when you be able to be back on the grass with your brothers, it's you know, you start feeling like yourself again.
Speaker 2: We won't be one hundred percent, but we'll be as close as we have been. I shouldn't even say as close as we've been. I think we finally are going to be close to being healthy. We weren't this healthy going into the season, and we didn't have Jordan Edison. So from what I can tell, with CJ being back and with Cashman being back, Van Geekle might be the only large name that we're missing. Am I forgetting some Uh what about the running back?
Speaker 3: Will he be back?
Speaker 4: Aaron Jones? I don't know. I don't know yet. It might be one more okay it.
Speaker 2: We're close though, right, and we're definitely going to be a much healthier team than we've been in the first yeah weeks of the season.
Speaker 4: Which would benefit the young quarterback.
Speaker 3: Yeah for sure. Yeah, that's right, point Brian O'Neill.
Speaker 4: So we don't know, we're probably tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I would say, I bet he's back.
Speaker 4: I bet he's back tomorrow or on Sunday. I bet Donovan Jackson is back.
Speaker 5: And I that the only one they're missing is Ryan Kelly because he's out for at least forty.
Speaker 2: There you go, that was the one name I couldn't think that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't matter.
Speaker 4: Especially and Blake Brandow played well, yeah he did.
Speaker 2: Yeah that was at center.
Speaker 3: So there you go.
Speaker 2: There's reasons to be excited. And also I'm real concern because this Philadelphia Eagles team does a lot of things very well that we are not very good at defending. That's why Blake Cashman being back is really But the other.
Speaker 5: Thing though with this with the Eagles team, and Bonus knows this because he watches them all the time, isn't they don't utilize what they have. They barely run Saquon Barkley, and they have a wide receiver and a J Brown who is so tired of being there. Right there's a lot of dysfunctions right now for a foreign.
Speaker 4: Offensive side of that.
Speaker 10: Yes, yeah, seemingly like to the point where the discussions are like did you guys have a conversation in the parking lot or not? And there's just two disputes about this, like I don't remember any conversations. I remember separating some guys, Like, yeah, is going on.
Speaker 9: It's not good, it's not cash is so right though? When you're back on the grass with your brothers. Yeah, you know you do feel like yourself again. Man, you do feel like yourself again. How brave of him to say that, right, And.
Speaker 4: You know the pizza is on the way.
Speaker 2: Patrick Morny, So there you go. The Vike is getting healthy.
Speaker 3: And play the.
Speaker 2: Eagles on this radio station this coming Sunday at noon.
Speaker 4: Can't waste, can't wait.
Speaker 2: Pregame starts at ten a m.
Speaker 4: Patra More. Somebody over that tight