Speaker 1: It is rainy and glappy and a little chilly on the way into work this morning, so just be aware of that. But we're overdue. I mean, seriously, what is the day, October twenty eighth. Yeah, that no snow yet nothing below freezing. It's been ridiculously summer since last May.
Speaker 2: This time of last year, like I think that to this day there was some snow. I think it was the first chance of snow last year. So it could happen any day. Layers that it doesn't. I don't want it to happen.
Speaker 1: I know, but it makes me sad. I know it's a matter. I'm looking forward to burning my dog looking I've seen snow for the first time because he grew up in Missouri. I don't know if they have snow in chili coffee Missouri, I don't know. So I want to see what he's like in the first snowstorm, whether he's like, what the ouch, that's cold down, whether he's running around like this is really cool. So I say, rain pretty much all day today. It's not really a hope of turning out nice.
Speaker 3: It's actually supposed to be just most in the morning, is it right, But it will still be just like cloudy and not like pretty out.
Speaker 1: Well, the good news is it's kindly and cozy warm. Here in your radio or in the iHeartRadio app. We'll have more Boo Badge tickets for you coming up, and we got Sabrina Carpenter coming up Wore the Roses a little bit later on. I want to ask you if you're crazy or not? Okay, okay, this is from Psychology Today, so this has some legitimacy with it.
Speaker 4: Here we go.
Speaker 1: This is a question and there's an answer, and I want you to answer as specifically as you can. Right if you're on the interstate during rush hour. Let's say you're on four ninety four, six ninety four or six' ten or whatever during rush hour and a car comes up behind, you blowing their horn and flashing their.
Speaker 4: Lights what would you?
Speaker 1: Do would you want to assume it's an emergency you let them go around, you or would you just think what a jerk and not let them buy?
Speaker 5: You?
Speaker 4: Jenny what would you?
Speaker 3: DO i would assume it's an, emergency because during rush hour to do, that when you know, that it's like everyone's stuck in stock in the Sat so why would.
Speaker 6: They be doing? That other than they really have to be.
Speaker 4: SOMEWHERE i would.
Speaker 1: Agree i'm, Like, okay they're not just like, Impatient they're not just like everybody. Else they're flashing their, legs blowing their, horn trying to get around. Everybody give them the bin for the. Doubt their kid might have fallen off the swing set at school and broken their collar. Bone, So, bailey what would you?
Speaker 5: DO i would assume that they are a jerk and also move out of the.
Speaker 1: Way so you're think they're a, jerk, Unjustified, yeah but you would let them out of.
Speaker 4: There you would get out of the.
Speaker 5: Way, yeah because if you're in that much of an, emergency then, like can't you get you, know a police escort to help you instead of you being?
Speaker 3: Here?
Speaker 2: YEAH i know maybe Once i'm exactly With, Bailey i'd be, like what a? Jerk probably cuts them out a few times in the comfort of my car so they don't hear, me and Then i'll move out the way because, like all, right do whatever you got to. Do apparently it's more important than WHERE i got to. Be, yeah here's what psychology today. Says if you let them, buy you still believe people are generally.
Speaker 4: Good if you.
Speaker 1: Don't you believe that most people cannot be. Trusted SO i think it's good to know that we all believe that people are are. WELL i believe that people are generally. GOOD i think there's some people who give us all a bad, name you know WHAT i. Mean it's like people from Glen. Coe we look at people From glencoe down our nose with, disdain, like, oh what a bunch of hay, seeds you know WHAT i. Mean but most people from Glen coe are. Nice it's just the couple that give them a bad. Name, yeah, yeah, yeah What? Tricia oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah And?
Speaker 4: Philip.
Speaker 1: Yeah BUT i think it's good news that most of us give them the benefit benefit of the doubt and we will believe people are generally. Good what about? You how did you answer that? Question The wild have been doing their best to have a crappy. Season, okay so, far they're doing pretty good at that. ONE i didn't watch the end Of Monday Night football last, night and may.
Speaker 4: Care it was. Cheap it was The. CHIEFS i think The chiefs.
Speaker 1: WON i didn't watch the end of the, game BUT i think the look at our really quick and see The.
Speaker 2: Chiefs chiefs did win The chiefs. WON i have the score twenty eight, seven, Okay and then yesterday The. Timberwolves, man it was back and forth between The. NUGGETS i went to The timberwolf.
Speaker 4: NIGHT i was out of the school.
Speaker 2: Night i'm so, tired BUT i am. Here it was like neck and neck for a little. Bit but then they lost to the dang to the Dang.
Speaker 1: Nuggets the Big target layoffs are coming, today you. Guys so there are eighteen hundred. PEOPLE i think it's eighteen eight hundred jobs being eliminated and then a thousand people getting laid. Off AND i Believe i'm ninety positive all of these layoffs and jobble old losses are. Local so if you work For, target we're hoping for the best for. You my daughter works For. Target she's nervous about.
Speaker 2: It does that affect Like Target, Field Target? Center those things two Were, target like the, store that.
Speaker 5: Corporation, YEAH i, mean if it's not, you it's still going to affect you.
Speaker 4: Regardless.
Speaker 5: YEAH i think of THEN i think of like everybody who's under you or over, you and then you're gonna to be missing people left and.
Speaker 7: Right so even if you don't lose your job today.
Speaker 4: And then more good news from The Dave ryan. Desk over.
Speaker 1: Here AMAZON i think is laying off people too because of, automation because everything is LIKE ai and. Automation so like all the people who would sort packages in The amazon, plant a lot of them not necessarily, today BUT i think they're doing some layoffs over there.
Speaker 7: Too where are we supposed to, Work, Dave.
Speaker 1: Oh not here at iHeart Because, bailey pack your stuff and get a cardboard.
Speaker 5: Box bob called me yesterday and he was, Like, Hey i've got some. News we're the next on the rollout of. Layoffs AND i was, like how did you? Know how do You he's, like what do you know about? That, No he's just like just. KIDDING i have to talk to you about social media.
Speaker 1: SOMETHING i was, Like, ah, okay, okay, anyway if you work For, target they're saying stay home today and you will get an. Email oh, smart isn't that the weirdest? Thing so you're gonna be like checking your email periodically today to find out whether you got this job.
Speaker 2: Lost it's better than having them go in just to tell them to go back. Home i'd be pissed IF i got up got ready to go to work and you were, like, sorry.
Speaker 7: That's way you can stay in your soft pants all.
Speaker 4: Day so it's a loose BLUE i. Guess.
Speaker 1: So so, anyway if you work For, target we're pulling for you and we hope for the, best and no matter, what we will be here to kind of get you through The, oah we're, Gone we're.
Speaker 4: Gone we've just been let.
Speaker 1: Go, Okay so coming up next THE ebs test all day.
Speaker 4: Long that's all we have all day.
Speaker 1: Long all, Right we'll be right back on kdubub On The Dave Ryan. Show if you can't make this stuff. Up the sing a long, song the dirt and a whole. Time Happy National Chocolate. Day it is appropriate that it falls right Around, halloween and the fact that it's three days Before halloween seems a little. Evil do we really need another excuse to indulge in? Chocolate if there's any doubt That halloween runs on. CHOCOLATE a recent poll By ranker looked at the top Ten halloween candies that we open, first and only one non chocolate candy made the. List let's see what's in the top, One Reese's peanut Butter. CUPS i think pretty much everybody agrees those are. Delicious they are. Wonderful they Are they're the top number two Kit cats so? Good codd number, Three, twigs, yes is number. THREE i like the crunchy. Ones are they all?
Speaker 4: Crunchy?
Speaker 7: WELL i mean twigs and kit castles are?
Speaker 4: Crunchy, okay?
Speaker 1: GOTCHA m And m's at number, Four snickers at number, Five reese's peanut butter pumpkins because you know they're the same as a peanut butter.
Speaker 4: Cup But.
Speaker 1: Hershey bar just regular hirshey? Bar what milky way is number? Eight nestley Crunch? Bar, yes and WHAT i like? Them they're crunchy and the number, ten the only non chocolate candy to crack the top. Ten do you want to guess what it? Is it is the only non chocolate candy to crack the top. Ten smart, clo what'd you?
Speaker 2: Say?
Speaker 4: Smart?
Speaker 7: There?
Speaker 1: Gum no gummy? Bears Star wars is exactly. Right, Yes harry loves The starbard so.
Speaker 5: WEIRD i feel like of all the, chocolates, YES i might go for like a kit kat, first But i'm always reaching for something fruity. FIRST i never reached for chocolate. First really, really h, OKAY i like a skittle, better especially when they're like the Wild Berry, skittles The Summer.
Speaker 1: Skittles The Star tribune that PUT i actually heard this on a podcast this. Morning The Star tribune put together a list Of halloween etiquette kind of, things and we should look that up BECAUSE i would like to steal that from The Star. Tribune and it was something like one of them was, like take one or two pieces of. Candy don't take more than. THAT i think most people hand you. Candy do you let the kids dip into Your halloween bowl or do you hand them a couple of pieces of? CANDY i hand them two pieces of.
Speaker 3: CANDY i let them. Dip but only that's because ever Since i've loved in my house has only been Three. Halloweens now pretty much no one comes to my, house is that? Right, okay SO i have a lot of candy all the, time SO i go go ahead grab WHAT i mean.
Speaker 1: Want we live in a kid packed neighborhood to very kid that children dense, neighborhoods so we got to be a little bit judicious.
Speaker 4: With our handing out of the. Candies so you want to hear What Star trip. Says, yeah given the tips From star. Tremmune so it says it's like a question and answer.
Speaker 2: Type, so question you, say trick or, treat the homeowner offers a bowl of candy and invites you to help.
Speaker 4: Yourself what's the best?
Speaker 2: Practice the answer is you might want to ask how many CAN i?
Speaker 4: Take if it's?
Speaker 2: Unclear, otherwise one or two is usually a pretty good rule of.
Speaker 4: Thumb rather, than you, know a big. Fistful that's one.
Speaker 2: Question, yeah why is it important to remember good manners when trick or? Treating if this doesn't go without saying the, answer especially for small children who are incredibly excited to get out there wearing their, COSTUMES i think it's easy to forget just some simple things that we should do when we arrive at someone's. Door you only want to go to a house that appears to be lit, up and they got their porch lights on and is. Decorated, yep that's very. Smart, yes what? Else next question is other advice for behavior on the?
Speaker 4: Porch?
Speaker 2: ANSWER a lot of times kids will come in, groups or there might be another group of kids coming up behind. Them be sure to be, kind take, turns not pushing and shoving to get to the. Door sort of like getting in line and, way just like what you do at school or any other situation where there's a number of people waiting for.
Speaker 4: Something i've never seen kids pushing. Shove.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: Yeah we sometimes you'll get a group of like ten kids and that's just. Cool it's just.
Speaker 5: Fun this article is written as though a kid is about to read The Start tribune to be, like what is the ETIQUETTE i should be?
Speaker 4: FOLLOWING a? Right, yeah this is one last? Question should trigger?
Speaker 2: Treat just be mindful of landscaping And, halloween the corps at the houses they're. Visiting i'm gonna go ahead and without reading it assume, yes, uh don't cut across the.
Speaker 6: Lawn, yeah don't go over the flower.
Speaker 2: Bed CAN i tell you we went To we were in A noka let this past weekend go into the different houses that are decorated the.
Speaker 4: Contest and we Had. Ava because we didn't Know ava's our. Dog we didn't know it was going to be like a walk through. Thing we thought it was like drive by see the.
Speaker 2: Lights so we tried one house With ava and she starts, sniffing And i'm, Like, ava if you poop on these people's, property and, Please, ava don't do it because.
Speaker 4: Then it's, dark we can't, see somebody might step on. It we mess up at the. Core thank god she didn't just pick it.
Speaker 6: UP i think you're, FINE.
Speaker 4: I, know BUT i just didn't want to be that.
Speaker 6: Guy, Yeah, dave are you going to have a little smoke? Machine every?
Speaker 1: Year every, YEAR i get a fog. Machine i've had it for ten or fifteen, years AND i put it on the front. PORCH i have the remote, inside so WHEN i see kids come, UP i turned the smoke. On if it's a little four year old princess or a little three year old, SUPERMAN i DON'T i don't want to scare. Him but if it's a bunch of ten year, olds they're usually like. Bigod so, yeah that's it's. Fun it Makes halloween way more fun for.
Speaker 2: Me sad speak Of, halloween can we look at The halloween bractets?
Speaker 1: TOO i was just gonna ask you about The halloween movie. Brackets we did a bunch of movies and we are doing brackets on the Best halloween scary movies of all.
Speaker 4: Time so yesterday we kicked it off with.
Speaker 2: Sixteen i'll run through all the ones that on the first bracket and what. One so we Had psycho Versus Poulter geist and a surprising. Twist poulter guys took the lead of fifty four. Percent oh, wow all, Right, psycho very. Good psycho was leading the. Head have we Got Child's play Versus halloween and of Course Michael myers took the win with that. One no, Surprise jaws Versus The exorcist seventy two percent of people say The, exorcist of.
Speaker 4: Course, Okay i'm kind of.
Speaker 1: Glad jaws is out of the running because we always debated on whether it was a good fit for the scary movie.
Speaker 4: Thing The conjuring Versus The ring at fifty three, percent it better be The. Ring, no it's the. Contra, NO.
Speaker 7: I don't know see The.
Speaker 3: Conjuring but The ring was just. Classic wow up seven.
Speaker 2: Days oh that's what that movie's were. ON i, know like little reference on this, stuff all, right shut, Up, Bailey Texas Chainsaw. Massacre this is the best horror movie, bracket by the. Way on Our, Instagram Texas Chainsaw massacre Versus Candy Man, blowout seventy five percent of people Said Texas Chainsaw massacre. Classic, yeah we got the shining and it really, close but fifty two percent of people voted for The Shining.
Speaker 7: Yes, wow these are all really kind of. Close for they're very.
Speaker 2: Close friday the thirteen Versus Scream scream at fifty two.
Speaker 4: PERCENT i think because it's just it's a little bit more, recent people remember it.
Speaker 5: Better.
Speaker 2: Yeah and then the last one Was nightmare On Elm street Versus. Saul it's probably the closest one we. Had, andy guess is what.
Speaker 4: One i'm gonna, Say nightmare On Elm.
Speaker 2: Street, also, yeah you'd be, correct fifty one percent For nightmare On Elm.
Speaker 4: Street fifty one. Yep so now the bracket's up and we have.
Speaker 2: Eight so we Have Poulter guys Versus, halloween we Have The exorcist Versus The, conjuring we Got Texas Chainsaw maska Versus The, shining And scream Versus nightmare On Elm.
Speaker 4: Street those are good.
Speaker 1: Matchups, Serious i'm glad it all worked out that. Way, okay go ahead and vote On Dave Ryan show On. Instagram by the, way Watch vaunt's interview or his little password. DIALOGUE i stumbled across it last. Night Vaunt Leak vaunt l E.
Speaker 2: AK i did a skit of what it's like when you have to reset your security. Password and it.
Speaker 1: Was actually really. FUNNY i appreciate. It go check that out on vaunt leak and go to the brackets On Dave Ryan show On. Instagram what song you want to hear for the sing along? SONG i need your, HELP i need your. Input send a text and let us know what song we should play. Next it's basically it's a request radio. Thing you let us know what song you want to sing along with and we'll play it. Next send me a.
Speaker 4: Text it On katie W. B she just won last. Night i'm not.
Speaker 1: SURE i wonder If taylor was at the game last. NIGHT i did not see her at the. GAME i didn't watch the whole. Thing where you looking FOR i was doom, Scrolling. Susan my wife asked, Me she's, like what is doom? Scrolling AND i, said that's just where you sit, there and it's not like you're looking for anything. Bad you just scroll and you look at the video and then you scroll to the next, one the next, one and then the next, one and soon it's been none hour and a half and you've done nothing but sit there doom.
Speaker 7: Scrolling that's like most of my every.
Speaker 4: DAY i Think i'm sorry about. That you didn't go out last, night WHICH i. REALIZED i went to go see a.
Speaker 7: Movie my Friend Tyler.
Speaker 5: Michaels he directed a movie and it was at the main cinema On Saint, Anthony.
Speaker 7: Maine it was like a real it was a real big. Deal it's.
Speaker 1: Cool, wow that's. Cool shot it on his, iPhone so it was pretty. COOL i, mean half of it was ONE i. Phone i'm not. Surprised we've got somebody in the. Phone morgan is calling or actually text in a single long song of the, Day Hello, Morgan, hello what are you up to this?
Speaker 4: Morning? Morgan you're going somewhere.
Speaker 2: Important, yeah we're headed to children so our daughter can have an EG eeg electro.
Speaker 1: Encephalogram, yeah you can say it better THAN i can look at.
Speaker 5: THAT i.
Speaker 1: Don't. KNOW i really have no idea where that. GAME i used to watch a lot of E. R i guess what's your daughter's? Name what's your daughter's?
Speaker 2: Name?
Speaker 4: Emmy? Ammy?
Speaker 7: Hi?
Speaker 4: Ammy can't say? Hi how old Is?
Speaker 1: Emmy all? RIGHT i hope everything goes well At. Children's what song did you And emmy want to?
Speaker 4: Hear this?
Speaker 7: Morning she is hoping to hear poker.
Speaker 1: Face she's got. It when they're that, age they get their. Way Thanks, morgan have a good. Day thank. You who's making a?
Speaker 6: Comeback who's been?
Speaker 3: Canceled and whatever happened To Ashley Parker angel It's dave's dirt On katie w.
Speaker 4: B let's get.
Speaker 1: Started by the, way you're never more than thirty minutes away from another chance to fly off to See Sabrina carpenter In Los. Angeles next one about seven oh Five Boo badge tickets hang on at the end of the. Dirt When vaunt is no longer, preoccupied he will answer the phone and give away More Boo bash.
Speaker 2: TICKET i was gonna found my nails on this next, Person, no sorry about that being A Sabrina.
Speaker 1: Carpenter she Arrested Anne hathaway at her concert because she always arrests somebody for being too.
Speaker 4: HOT i just don't.
Speaker 3: Very.
Speaker 4: Fun, wait, listen.
Speaker 2: That was anyone ever told you you looks like a Sensead?
Speaker 3: OKAY i watched the video of her doing, that AND i wonder if these celebrities are kind of, like Oh, god IF i go to her, show she's probably gonna arrest, me because it's always if there's a big celebrity at her, show she arrests them and then they have to pretend like they're having the best. Time they're so honored to be the one, picked but it's probably like them coming in to do an interview with a RADIO.
Speaker 6: Dj that's, like you want to do this stupid TikTok trend with? Me like that's HOW i feel WHEN i watched the videos of, THIS.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's all set. UP i, Think i'm, sure and Half away was like definitely in the crowd expecting the whole.
Speaker 5: Thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah by the, way if you wonder what my Daughter allison looks, like she looks a lot Like Anne.
Speaker 4: Hathaway she. Does she.
Speaker 1: Does, yeah She actually they look, similar not exactly, alike but. Similar Sabrina carpenter, tickets she might arrest you In Los. Angeles listen at seven oh five for another chance to use the keyword to.
Speaker 6: Win Tamie lovado is going to be going on.
Speaker 3: Tours there was a lot of speculation after she sold out Her saturdays one night only show IN. La tickets were gone in the first half, hour with two hundred thousand people in the ONLINE Q wow.
Speaker 6: Crazy.
Speaker 3: Wow So demi is going to tour in support of her new, album it's Called It's Not That, deep starting On april. Eighth she'll start In, Charlotte North, carolina and so far dates are scheduled Through may twenty, Fifth so fan club pre sales start On thursday if you're.
Speaker 5: Curious and speaking of, music the love of my, Life Kevin jonas has his own song after twenty years with The Jonas, brothers and his solo single is Called.
Speaker 7: Changing it Drops november Twenty Think i'm.
Speaker 4: J, Baby i'm, Jig i'm here for this J.
Speaker 1: I was gonna make a joke about the things you can do with a touch tone phone and auto, tune but actually better than better THAN i.
Speaker 4: Thought it was so.
Speaker 2: Good he's been doing it on tour and everybody's going crazy because you've never Heard.
Speaker 4: Kevin you didn't even know he could.
Speaker 2: Sing, honestly, well he sings back, up but you didn't even know he could.
Speaker 5: See he didn't sing at the when they were, here but he did when they were In, orlando and he was.
Speaker 7: Like i'm so nervous to do this, song BUT i really want to share.
Speaker 4: IT i don't know why he has an accent all of a.
Speaker 2: Sudden june, nineteenth twenty twenty, six that's When Toy story five comes out And tim.
Speaker 4: Tim allens tim. Elleniup. Yeah he was doing an interview talking about the new movie. Coming, WELL i.
Speaker 8: Gotta Be the overview of it was, Like i'm With. TARANTINO i think number three was one of the best movies ever.
Speaker 2: Made Quentin tarantino said he stopped watching after number three because he thought it was so.
Speaker 8: Great he can't Do, YEAH i mean really the whole, thing and four it stretched a lot of, things and it was the saddest day of my. Life When tom AND i both the actors and his buzz and said To infinity and he, Says, beyonce, like it was horrible this.
Speaker 7: Thing they reboot.
Speaker 4: Everything it's all About. Jesse, really you're gonna be.
Speaker 7: Crying jesse.
Speaker 4: When she loved. Me it's so.
Speaker 1: Sad and then she gets older and then pretty soon she gets ignored and she falls behind the, bed and she's behind the bed and she's, sad and then she gets in a box of donation toys and then she looks through the holes in the. Boxes the little girl leaves.
Speaker 5: Like the one PERSON i know who Loves. JESSE i don't think anyone really has feelings for.
Speaker 1: Her supporting, Women, bailey can't you support women for? Us typical celebrities don't announcement they got a boob. Job they just do it quietly and hope nobody. Notices Jennifer lawrence is not a typical. Celebrity new, interviews she said that she straight up she's getting chestel work done to reverse the damage two pregnancies did to that. Region she, says everything bounce back pretty much after the first one second one nothing bounce. Back she also said she's getting, botox but she has to be careful because she needs her forehead to, act which makes sense because you got to have an expressive. Face you want to see an expressive. Face look At bailey in the video we did yesterday of The.
Speaker 4: I'm Janis ian.
Speaker 1: AND I jannis And bailey's facial acting is on Par thank, you appreciate.
Speaker 4: It thank.
Speaker 1: You in the same, interview she said she understands and white people get annoyed with her hyper overly candid personality during. Interviews she, says, well it is or it was my genuine, personality but it's also a defense. Mechanism and that is going to do it for the dirt ON katiewdb brought to you by SIX p one Two Injured heimer And Lammer's Injury. Law you guys want to go To Boo. Bash, yeah let's get you in. There i'm excited For Boo bash Because i'm excited for my. Costume jenny And bailey have got something they're keeping. Secret vaught's got something he's keeping. SECRET i want to see your, costume want to meet you and your, dopey drunken. Friends come out To Boo bash On thursday. Night it is one of those things where you can stay home and you can scroll on your phone and do nothing and have nothing to tell for, it or you can come To Boo bash and, go oh my, god it was so much. FUN i got a reading With Gary spivey and he, said the Guy i'm with now is not the Guy i'm supposed to spend my life. With i'm supposed to go back to my ex Where i'd be perfectly. Happy or you can meet With tammy The tarot Card. Reader she is The madmedium dot.
Speaker 4: Com is that what we?
Speaker 1: Decided The madmedium dot Com and she'll do a tarot card reading there's costume contest for one thousand dollars first. Prize it's winner takes, All, Sexiest we're not divided it. Up it's winner take, all.
Speaker 7: RIGHT i think well for each each win, yeah, right.
Speaker 1: For, sexiest best overall, creative and then best duo or group thousand, dollars winner take all in each. One come out to, win come out to, Watch get on the phone right now and get your. Boot bash tickets six' five one nine eight nine K d wb