Speaker 1: Sweet Harp for the rebound. They get it to Wembes tack to Harper. Three seconds left now with two sham, Patty moves to his left fire so three a's the buzzard that's off the front rim. No good.
Speaker 2: The ball game is over.
Speaker 3: The Temperwolves have stolen.
Speaker 2: Game one in San Antonio. One O four, one O two.
Speaker 4: How about that? I think we're on there. I'm not one hundred percent sure.
Speaker 2: Oh are you?
Speaker 4: Can you not hear yourself?
Speaker 2: Check?
Speaker 1: Check?
Speaker 4: I know you're on.
Speaker 2: What is going on?
Speaker 4: It's just me and you?
Speaker 2: Oh my god? It doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: That is the least important part of the entire thing. It doesn't matter. As long as everybody's happy where they're at, doing what they're doing. Everybody's good. It doesn't matter. Everybody the radio shows the last thing on anybody's mind. It doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: The Wolves almost blew the game there at the end.
Speaker 4: But that's a terrible way to look at it.
Speaker 5: They almost they almost blew it, But man an, it was great. One four, one O two. The Wolves hold on and win Game one against Wemby's monster triple double and his twelve blocks felt like forty. Yeah, it's a freak because they have a weak spot. Is there something you can't do? I mean freak, he's a freak. And somehow they still won Game one. How about that? Man?
Speaker 2: And we don't even have Io back yet. We can do this. I know we don't have iiO.
Speaker 4: Nope, we have Iyo, but we had Anto.
Speaker 5: They've played four times this year with a regular season and the postseason, and the Wolves are three and one against San Antonio.
Speaker 2: We can do this.
Speaker 4: That is correct.
Speaker 5: Growing optimism with the Wolves. We got to get the optimism back on track tonight in Denver.
Speaker 2: It's not over yet. It's not We go live to.
Speaker 4: Max who was in San Antonio with Oh wait, no, he's not. We don't have anybody in San Antonio with the Wolves. No hell, what's going on? And it was big though.
Speaker 6: I know for a fact, just me being out there it calms everybody down. Not saying like he's any pressure on any of my teammates, but it takes pressure off of everybody just knowing that I'm out there, I'm available to play, you know, doing what I do best.
Speaker 3: Just trying to put the ball in the hoop.
Speaker 4: How about that?
Speaker 2: Yep, looked absolutely normal.
Speaker 5: He had that one shot where he landed a little bit awkward and then hobbled for about I don't know, three seconds.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 5: By the time he got to Midquarty looked like he was running pretty normally again. So there was one kind of scary moment. Otherwise he looked pretty normal. It's crazy dominant. I thought they were giving us the old faint. I didn't think there was any chance he was going to play last night. I thought they were just saying he's, you know, an option, just to make him worry, and there he was.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we saw the line move throughout the day if you were watching the old betting markets.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 2: We talked about it yesterday morning that even.
Speaker 5: Though he was cleared to play, the line still was at thirteen and a half right hadn't moved, which means I think a lot of sharks were like, I don't think he's playing, and then I don't know what.
Speaker 2: Halfway through the day they're like, he's gonna go tonight.
Speaker 4: Did it start to move.
Speaker 5: And then it was like nine and a half. I don't know what it closed out, but it moved four or five points. We don't need points, we just win flat out. Take him on the money line one O four, one oh two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how about mis a cake.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the first time I've ever watched a game that Wemby ever played basketball. And yeah, I know we played him before and I probably should, but you know, when I found it was just you and I today, I was like, I better have something to talk to Corey about till until Marnie gets here. And uh or, as we call her, Big Citrus. Yeah, big Citrus, yes, here about seven and uh So I was watching him, I'm like, well, how are we supposed to beat that guy? That's like me playing against kindergarten. Well, no, it's not good. It's like it's like Parker playing against me.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's what it's like. I don't know how.
Speaker 4: To cover Parker. He's nine feet tall, Edie, but he was having hard It looked like he was having trouble on.
Speaker 2: The prim Wemby. Yeah, defending or shooting. Shooting.
Speaker 5: He didn't have a great shooting night, That's what I'm saying. And the dude can shoot.
Speaker 2: Why Unicorn, Unicorn? Did you see the block? I forget who it was on. Was it on Rudy?
Speaker 5: There was a block that Wemby had I saw like ten blocks. Yeah, well again it felt like forty yeah. And they showed the replay on NBC and it was Wemby pretended for a second that he wasn't paying attention and then quickly got, you know, half a step backwards and swatted it and in slow motion you're like, oh my god, that's exactly what he did. He literally was playing possum like go ahead and then boom, swats it and is it Jamal Crawford, I forget who was on the call last night, and he.
Speaker 2: He compared it to that is exactly what you do.
Speaker 5: Like in middle school, tall kids would always do that, pretend for a second that they had their back to you, right and you're like, oh cool, I'm getting a layup and then just swap the hell out of your shot. And as a guy that was a very small, scrawny, terrible point guard, I'm like, I'm going to get to score. And then my buddies would just kick it into the you know, upper deck, just bat it away.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was kind of people.
Speaker 4: That was the kind of thing that happened when I played basketball against my big brother he's five years older than me, and then he would punch me if I actually made a shot, which I don't think Wimby did, doesn't, No, buddy, I don't think he did. It is cool though, you could almost see the look on Rudy's face like all right, yeah, good job.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 4: You know you could tell like he's there. You know, they were teammates, right, all that jazz and France and stuff, and there's like a mentor to him in all that jazz, right, Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't were they I don't know if they've ever been teammates maybe, right, I mean they're definitely you know, a mentor.
Speaker 2: Mente kind of thing, right, but you can kind of lay both on the well.
Speaker 5: So on the French national team a couple of years ago, there was what go Bear, there was Gobert, there was ce Smoke, there was Vaguar, I remember Alian Sunfire.
Speaker 4: I don't remember if one day was on that team go Barrio, right, Yeah, I mean it's the look on his faces like, yeah, I don't know, I know what am I supposed to do. He's taller than me and I'm always the tallest guy.
Speaker 5: Rudy's having a fantastic postseason. Last night, though, was he was one of those It was one of those offensively frustrating games where Rudy all of a sudden can't catch. He gets the ball ten feet from the basket and thinks he's you know, Chris Paul. That's really frustrating. He should really only dunk. Yeah, and he should definitely not shoot free throws. Remember when we had you and I had that free throw bet?
Speaker 4: Yes, I do.
Speaker 5: It was how many out of fifty I think you could make? And I don't remember what the over under was. Yeah, it was something like that, and you beat it by a couple, right, you won the bet?
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 5: I know if I try to shoot free throws in front of a crowd that big and.
Speaker 2: They were screaming at me, and I knew there were millions of people.
Speaker 5: Watching at home, obviously I would have to get used to that pressure, because that pressure.
Speaker 2: Would be very difficult, of course.
Speaker 5: But I truly think if you gave me a couple of years, he's so terrible at free throws, that's the one thing I could definitely be eventually better than Rudy Goberrat because I can't do anything else as good as him. No, maybe dribble, he's not a very good drib Maybe drive yeah, but I mean you mean drive a car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh maybe, yeah maybe.
Speaker 5: Like man, his free throws are just he almost he almost air balled about fifteen last night. He was one of five from the foul line, and I'm surprised any of them even hit the rim.
Speaker 4: I bet he has a hard time picking dimes up off the ground.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he seems pretty flexible. He's not Wemby flexible. Yeah, but they're little and he's big man. Yeah, Wenby's a freak.
Speaker 4: Wemby's a freak.
Speaker 2: Mar He had his number last night. He was oh of eight from three.
Speaker 4: You know what I find What I found interesting is everybody kept saying the only chance we had to beat them our experience, And from what I read this morning, that's how we beat.
Speaker 5: Them, I would say, I mean, outside of Tarren Shannon, who doesn't have a lot of experience, everybody else, Aunt Randall McDaniels, you know, the experience of Mike Conley, the steady hand of Mike Conley, who was big last night.
Speaker 2: I think we can do it.
Speaker 4: T Shannon, by the way, we.
Speaker 1: Don't feel nobody, so we don't cheat him like a regular a regular player.
Speaker 3: Obviously, he's a freaking nature. But you know when he does. Now, we got to kick it to the.
Speaker 7: Corner, find the open to people who are open.
Speaker 3: But it's just definitely gotta make this off.
Speaker 4: I like the concept that they don't fear anybody. I liked it.
Speaker 2: That would be good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if we don't have Terarren Shannon playing well though, we essentially have no bench.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because we Na's was a little frustrating last night as well. He had twelve points. But I don't know.
Speaker 5: I think there's a lot of people regretting Nas read tattoos. We need a lot more out of NAS if we're going to make a true championship run here.
Speaker 4: People got an all tons of them. Well you know what they could do. They could change them into Nazareth tattoos. You know the band now, y'all almost with a son of a bitch.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think they'd be going backwards, both in time and in just give it the quality.
Speaker 2: Tarren Shannon, man, what a what a force? He was the basket? He sure does you watch the game?
Speaker 4: I told you I did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he attacks the basket, he's full speed.
Speaker 4: I do what's good for the show? Corey?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Watching basketball?
Speaker 4: That's right?
Speaker 5: Did you stay up until the end. Of course, I was on the brink of regretting that. I was regretting it the whole time.
Speaker 4: It was uh and it was like if somebody said, you know what, Corey, tomorrow, we're gonna do a big breakdown on the Daytona five hundred, you gotta watch that whole sum bitch, because the ain't nobody else that's going to be there. It's just you and Corey. Are you in hockey and he needs somebody to talk to about the dayton of five hundred. You should watch it, and you would watch it, but you wouldn't enjoy it.
Speaker 5: I think I would have gone to bed and then got up twenty minut and it's earlier just to watch as many highlights as possible, So I still could have talked yeah, fake knowledgeable about.
Speaker 4: It, right, which is what I've been doing right honestly, Yeah, would have tried.
Speaker 2: I like Alan Horton. Yeah, he's the best, the best in the world.
Speaker 4: I listened to his highlights when I got here, and he's good at what he do.
Speaker 2: Ye like that guy.
Speaker 4: I like him a lot. I like when Anthony Edwards is talking trash on people.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, there's a lot of people, Chris, that think that Victor Winbinyam is essentially the best player on the planet or on the brink of being the best player on the planet. But last night Ant looked like the best player in the game. I mean, outside of the twelve blocks, which again were dominant to an NBA postseason record. It's a weird triple double for Wemby, but it didn't look like the Spurs could have could do anything to stop Ant when he really wanted to go.
Speaker 4: Listen to this. This is a great Listen to the last line of Finchy here. I hope this is the one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was huge.
Speaker 8: I mean it was, you know, but by that time I found a little bit of a rhythm, and I thought Julius was really good, just subtly good with the everything he was doing off ball and and obviously when he had the ball in his hands.
Speaker 3: But Ant was awesome.
Speaker 2: It was really good.
Speaker 3: I mean, forgot how good he was.
Speaker 2: Actually.
Speaker 4: How about that, I forgot how good he was actually. That's pretty funny, man.
Speaker 5: And again that's what sucks about de Vincenzo being out in iow out right now and even and out for a couple of games.
Speaker 2: And we thought it was going to be longer. Is like, I think they were right.
Speaker 5: We made fun of him all year about the playoff Wolves, that the Wolves just thought they were going to flip the switch and get it going. We're like, yeah, but this regular season is super frustrating. It seems like you're not taking it seriously. You're being lazy. Just why can't you play better? And I don't know, man, Jayden's on another level, and it's on another level right now.
Speaker 2: Rudy's having a great postseason.
Speaker 4: All you got to do is make the playoffs.
Speaker 2: I guess playoffs and then flip the switch. I don't know.
Speaker 4: That that home court advantage is only one game. You know, we stole it back, right and now we stole it back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Well, anything's possible, Corey, anything's possible if we beat if we were to find a way and suddenly I'm a member of the team, if we were to find a way to beat San Antonio. Is it your thoughts that our next round opponent wouldn't be anywhere near as good as San Antonio?
Speaker 2: Nope, it would be even more difficult. It's the Oklahoma City thunder hell, that ain't right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a little bit like although I do believe the NBA champion will come out of that next matchup, I think whoever wins the Western Conference Finals is winning the NBA title. So I feel a little bit like the NHL playoffs because you could argue that the winner of the whole tournament's going to come out of this series. Agree the wild in the abs, whoever wins this one is the front runner to win the whole thing potentially.
Speaker 4: Well, there you go. That sucks, but you can't win them all to you win that first one, and we won the first one last night.
Speaker 2: That is correct. Nothing. What a game of the Minnesota Timberwolves basketball.
Speaker 4: It's what for dinner?
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 5: And if you throw a basketball up on a roof, it won't get stuck in your gutters if you have gutter helmet and gutter helmet MN.
Speaker 4: And I'm wondering when he leaves his home will he be taking his gutter helmets with him.
Speaker 2: It's a good point.
Speaker 5: Sauce isn't here today because he's moving moving, which you know, he doesn't move physically right, and he's not doing the physical move today, which means he's probably on like a throne, just going move that there.
Speaker 2: That's what he put that here.
Speaker 4: That makes sense.
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't think he's doing anything, especially not at five forty four in the morning.
Speaker 4: I can't imagine that he's doing anything anything. It's sort of like a Rosie Beck in the day. You know, he had a dentist appointment at three in the afternoon, so he couldn't be on with us in the morning.
Speaker 2: Right, there's no way they're moving now it's five in the morning.
Speaker 4: He could have been here for the first hour and a half at the very least, and then gone and done nothing.
Speaker 2: And saved the vacation day.
Speaker 5: I mean, the vacation just a smart play, just to say, hey, I can only do it until seven thirty.
Speaker 2: Then I gotta be there at eight for the movers. We'd say great.
Speaker 5: Right, this way, he wasted a vacation day and he's not doing anything right.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: He should have found a way to talk Abbot into letting him not taking vacation day. He should have said, send me to San Antonio and I'll cover the Timberwolves and then stayed at home because nobody would know if he was actually at the games.
Speaker 2: Matter interesting.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. There's ways to work the system.
Speaker 5: Hey, Marny will be here though here no John Bonus today. He's in Philadelphia running at ten milers. I believe that is correct. I think he said he's running.
Speaker 4: A ten That man, he runs and runs.
Speaker 2: It's ten more miles than I want to run.
Speaker 4: It runs and runs.
Speaker 2: Man, big win for the Wolves. This is the Power Trip Morning Show on the fan.
Speaker 5: Damn.
Speaker 4: Hey, welcome back to the powers of Morning show. Here we are at five forty nine. So yesterday when we were on the show, Corey, we talked about that plane hitting that semi truck in New Jersey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did you see it.
Speaker 5: I've seen a video. I had not heard of it when you guys mentioned it, and then I watched the video. And that's the most terrifying thing. We've talked about that in the past. Like if you you are on a plane that's going down, you have a couple of seconds, maybe a minute, depending on how long the crash takes to think about, well, this is it. That guy driving the truck is just driving on, driving along right und zero idea, because why would you think that even though you're driving right by an airport. Why would you think I'm about to get hit by a plane. You don't see the plane about to clip the top of your car or whatever. So he's just driving along. That video is haunting because he's just like, hey, having a great day. Yeah, almost dead without even knowing what hit him. And he would have been dead and never had a chance to process what's happening. It's just over before you even know it. But luckily survived, no clue.
Speaker 4: And the crazy thing is he probably drives because he was working. He probably drives that route twice a day, at least every day. Right, listen to the sound of it, though just at the last second you hear that plane. And again, even though he hears the plane, he probably didn't think it's going to hit me. He probably hears the plane go overheaded all the time.
Speaker 5: And probably again, by the time he realizes what the sound is.
Speaker 2: It's too late.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And he might not even have processed by the time it hit what the hell is that boom?
Speaker 2: Right, might be dead.
Speaker 4: That's the whole thing about like you know, when people talk about and you know, you get what I'm saying, Like ghosts who don't leave the place they're at because they don't know they're dead, like you know, like you just said, a moment ago, he would he was alive and then as he could have been dead and never even known why he died. So I plugged him, you know, ma'am.
Speaker 3: It's not.
Speaker 2: My gosh, man, Yeah, I didn't. Nobody died easy.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I don't know. Would you rather have moments to get yourself all set up or would you rather just be gone? That is the question you could argue either way. Yeah, I guess it depends on your thoughts on the afterlife, right we'reck thereof sure oo LOADI.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's heavy.
Speaker 4: That's heavy, man. That's what we talk about on the parche At Morning Show on the day after this happens.
Speaker 1: Harper the rebound, they get it to Webbay and Harper back to Harper free snackets left now with two, Sam Penney moves to his left, fires a three at the buzzer. That's off the front rim. No good.
Speaker 3: The ball game is over.
Speaker 1: The Timberwolves of Stolen Game one in San Antonio one oh four, one oh two.
Speaker 4: That's why they call it a game of inches.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was close.
Speaker 5: And again we had a relatively big lead late and almost pissed it away, but luckily that shot didn't drop and they win by two.
Speaker 2: But again wemby a triple double eleven points. We'll take that.
Speaker 5: Yes, fifteen boards and twelve blocks. That was an NBA postseason record twelve blocks just the third playoff triple double in NBA history that included blocks. Wow, we'll take it. Game two Wednesday in San Antonio.
Speaker 4: When and when when you have a star the size of ant And I don't mean physically, I mean, you know, maybe the best player in the league. Right, although I don't know how you say when Mignona is not after watching him last night again it's I don't understand how anybody's going to beat him. But anyway, when you have a star, especially in basketball like Aunt, you kind of let him weigh in a lot on the decision about whether or not he's going to play, right, I mean, if you feel like he can go, and then when when he does go, you have to clear it with him whether or not you're going to put him on a pitch count, right, Because I didn't think about it until I heard Finch say this this morning when I was loading the audio in.
Speaker 8: We talked yesterday that you know, if he was able to go, he was going to come off the bench and that you know that was fine with him, which it absolutely was. I mean, we communicated exactly how we were going to use him, and you know, he was all in.
Speaker 3: You know, he did a really good job.
Speaker 2: Of like not pushing in four seeing things even though he knew he was on a minute's restrictions.
Speaker 3: I thought he did a really good job of just staying in the flow.
Speaker 2: Twenty five minutes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, which is we'll take it, because he had eighteen points in twenty five minutes. And there was once for sure that they showed on TV, but maybe it happened more quietly or privately, But there was one time where it looked like Finch was going to take him out and Ant yelled at the bench like I'm good. I promise you I'm good. I'm good, Like, don't take me out, and they broke that down and they showed that film that he was kind of waving and off like I'm not ready.
Speaker 3: To come out.
Speaker 5: I mean, if you can play like that for twenty five minutes in game one, now you have another day arrest.
Speaker 3: YEA.
Speaker 5: Hopefully he gets healthier and healthier is this series goes on. I think the Spurs have to be terrified that he's back.
Speaker 4: What about the io is he Do we know when he's back?
Speaker 2: I do not know.
Speaker 5: It's still calf soreness taking him out of the series so far, So I don't know.
Speaker 4: Don't you hate that? I mean, I get it, like your body's your body and somebody was it brow. Yesterday I was talking about the difference between having a contract and not have a contract or something. You know, like if you know you're solid with your team, you're more likely to come back and not, you know, but if you're risk it, Yeah, you don't want to risk it if you don't have a solid contract.
Speaker 5: You could argue it both ways though, too, right, because iow in that last series when he had forty three or whatever it was, and it was just a revelation. You'd say, well, if you're a free agent, don't you want to do that as often as possible this postseason? So yeah, the amount of money you get is astronomical. You don't want to leave any doubt. So I would say, yeah, he probably is not tanking this just to protect his career. You got to get your name out there and make sure you get an absolute bag here this summer, and he's going to but hopefully from the Wolves. I hope they don't lose eye of this.
Speaker 4: On the other side of that, though, obviously, is if you don't feel like you're gonna go out and play a good game and you just put in forty and now you're going to come out on one wheel and look like hell, maybe you don't want to damage yourself and damage your body any further on. I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 5: So they keep talking about Jule Eric in the Wild Series that he's really really hurt and it's it's not a small injury. But as they like to say in the hockey world, because it's the Cup, he might try to find a way to force his way back onto the ice and give it a shot and give it a go and just play through the pain, whatever pain he's dealing with.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I know people like to think that basketball players are all super soft because they make forty or fifty or sixty million, some of the guys at the top. But I do think they once they get to the postseason, they care about legacy, They care about rings. Like I think Aunt cares. Otherwise, he would have waited to a game three or four. Sure, and if they're down three to the Spurs, he would have been like, I'm just I'm not feeling it right right. That's not the case. He did everything he could to get back for game one. It's some of these guys give a crap, which is great.
Speaker 4: Zakis in Colorado. He actually has audio of eric'sinette getting out of bed this morning.
Speaker 2: It's going to fight through that.
Speaker 4: Doesn't sound good, doesn't look good.
Speaker 2: It's gonna fight through that again.
Speaker 5: I'm I'm so pumped for a seven o'clock game tonight because night sucked. It's awesome that we won, but time off was what eight? I don't even remember eight forty eight fifty Yeah, yeah. I kept looking at the clocket in the fourth quarter. I'm like, if we blow this game and I stayed up the whole time, I'm gonna be so mad.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Why can't we have nights things? Why can't we have normal game time?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I don't know. Is that good job getting the audio from Eric's in next bedroom. I don't know how you got that access, But that's why you're the man on the scene.
Speaker 9: I mean, you just go to the front desk and they'll I mean, you're convincing enough, they'll give you a keys to anybody's right.
Speaker 4: It doesn't seem fair.
Speaker 5: Do they use aliases or did they just use their normal names?
Speaker 2: Do you remember what room jewel Ericson I technically was staying in.
Speaker 4: What his name was, Sir Jennifer Beadle?
Speaker 3: It was Eule Jerrickson, Jack.
Speaker 2: That's that's not a good I don't think anyone's gonna fall for that.
Speaker 4: Although there are a lot of mules out there. It is Colorado after all.
Speaker 5: Or if I guess, if so would go to the desk there in Denver, he'd be like, last name Eck and they go, we don't have anybody under that name. No, his last name's Eck, Joel Eck. That's all right, Yeah, that's all right now, Joel X not staying here. We don't have anyone under the bad name.
Speaker 2: Come on, just tell me.
Speaker 3: I know he's here.
Speaker 2: From Page Sports. In a second, Zach is in Denver again.
Speaker 5: Game two tonight, Wild and Avs seven o'clock right here on the fan.
Speaker 2: It's the only game in the NHL tonight. I believe I about that. Yeah, prime time for the wild tonight. Uh from Page Sports After this, I'm the fan.
Speaker 9: Playoff basketball is heating up and Carboni's Pizzeria wants to feel your game to watch party Wednesday night.
Speaker 3: Stop by one of the thirty plus locations.
Speaker 9: Score delicious pizza and get ready for the playoff. Brian order pizza today Carbonispizza dot Com.
Speaker 4: I do love Carbonis. I think that's the reason I like football season so much, because I get all the Carbonis on the weekends. I didn't I didn't think about that. That's money. Maybe I don't even really like football.
Speaker 3: Maybe not.
Speaker 4: I love sports, though, enough to watch a basketball game last night and it's entirety.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's dedication.
Speaker 9: That is dedication time now for front paid sports, presented by Holiday Station Stars.
Speaker 5: Holiday Station stores buy three monsters for just eight dollars for limited time, and you can mix and match any flavors you want. Zero Ultra, the juice flavors, the regular ones.
Speaker 2: Dang on, what's this bit juice?
Speaker 5: I like the zero Ultra, but if you like the juice, you can get that. You want the juice, I mean, I don't I want the Zero Ultra ones. If you want the Juice ones. Yeah, okay, then go get the juice ones three for eight bucks Monster Energy at Holiday, Thanks Holiday.
Speaker 4: There's so many flavors, yeah, which there really are. Yeah.
Speaker 5: The Wolves win Game one against the San Antonio Spurs one oh four, one two two. The Wolves up won nothing in the Western Conference semi finals and eighteen points off the bench in just twenty five minutes.
Speaker 2: Wolves had a what was it like, eight or nine?
Speaker 5: Conley hit that three, and I forget if they went up eight or nine, but with about four minutes ago they were pulling away and looked like they had it locked up, and then the Spurs came kind of charging back a couple of late buckets, the dunk by Wenby that cut it close, but the Spurs missed a three at the buzzer that would have won it, and instead the Wolves hold on.
Speaker 3: And win one four one two.
Speaker 5: Truly unbelievable, unbelievable, No Io yet, but again Aunt returned. That was the good news. We thought maybe game three or four at the best at the earliest. But back for Game one just a couple of minutes into the game, so again didn't start, came off the bench, but scored eighteen points. Game two Wednesday in San Antonio.
Speaker 4: Do you think like they can watch the quote unquote film of last night and say, uh, this is what we did wrong? And like, was it just overwhelming to them? I mean, are because like talent Wives, did we OutKick our coverage last night? Are we good enough to beat them?
Speaker 5: No, we're good enough to beat them. But because they're again they're very young, they're super good. Wemby's young but obviously a freak. Castle's very young, unbelievably good vassal Like they have a Kelvin Johnson, they have a lot of youth. Dylan Harper very very young. They're just so talented. I mean, this team's going to be a problem for the next like five to ten years. But maybe. And this is what we said before. This isn't even about last night. This is what we said before the series started. If you want to bank anything, it's that the Wolves have been there and done that. They've been there twice to the Western Conference finals in the last two years. And San Antonio, this is the old cliche in sports. They are just ahead of schedule, right, and nobody saw this coming except for my dad. Yeah, right, Week one of the NBA season my dad says, the Spurs are ready.
Speaker 4: Crazy.
Speaker 2: I'm like, they're thirty five to one. What are you talking about? Because are you watching this team? I'm like, no, So what's the first week of the NBA? City say, I'm telling you.
Speaker 5: So he got him at thirty five to one, and the next day I'm like, I'm not gonna let you sweat this by yourself. So I got the Spurs at thirty to one. So financially I would love the Spurs to win the NBA title. Yeah, but this is a free role for me and for Pops, right, because, uh, look, if the Wolves win, cool, we're in the final four. If not, then the Spurs are I would think, four games away from winning US money because they just got to get past the Thunder.
Speaker 4: Incredible.
Speaker 2: They're ready, though.
Speaker 4: Jade McDaniels, this is what he says about Wimby. You just gotta act like he's not there. He's gonna get blocks. He's the tallest person in the world.
Speaker 2: Not far from the truth.
Speaker 5: There were so many layups in the first quarter that I think Shannon and others just assumed, oh, this is wide open. Yeah, and then Wemby comes from about the foul line. In about point two two seconds and still swats it, so you could tell the Wolves were terrified. And the broadcast pointed this out in there one hundred percent correct the second that Wenby sits on the bench, and he didn't sit on the bench much. He played forty minutes. They went right to the rack. Hey, we can actually get layups now because the freak's gone.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, he's the tallest man in the world.
Speaker 2: He's the tallest man in the world.
Speaker 4: You know, I was afraid that that Edward's what do you call it inbound pass on the turnover, that that was going to be the difference maker in the game. Yeah, that was going to cost him because I was like, I don't you don't see that kind of thing happened very much in professional basketball.
Speaker 5: No, how about speaking of turnovers, somebody I think Kriesel retweeted this. You see Tarren Shannon played thirty five minutes zero turnovers, and I think they said between game six of the last series in this zero turnovers, which, again, for a young kid playing that many minutes, we're asking him to score a lot of points and be the offensive force that we saw last night. Zero turnovers. I'm surprised he hasn't just completely drped it out of bounds like six times, but he hasn't.
Speaker 2: Well, that's super controlled.
Speaker 4: Put that hex on him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think so hexes work.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: If that's the case, there'd be a lot of people that don't work here anymore. Hey man, how many people still work here for about four Yeah?
Speaker 4: See what you did? The muss the hexes don't know if you're just kidding.
Speaker 2: I did that hex in private. I didn't think it was gonna work.
Speaker 5: Game two of the Wild and Alf Zachary live from Denver tonight is seven o'clock right here on the fan. Colorado leads one game to zero. After that nine to six game one. It is the only game in the NHL tonight Colorado five and oh so far this postseason, the Wild are four and three, But we can bounce back and then again after tonight, a long, long, lengthy layoff, no game until Saturday, Game three in Saint Paul at eight o'clock.
Speaker 2: Exact.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: We talked to Hines, Tarasenko and Kill yesterday and all had kind of similar sentiments where there were mistakes that were made in game one that you know, that's the bad news. The good news is the mistakes were very fixable, and I think, you know, having another day of to get ready and to watch some more film, which is what they did yesterday, will help them wonders. You know, you think about you play the same team six straight times and then now a couple days later, you got to adjust to the speed of the Colorado Avalanche. It's going to take you a bit. But I think after, like I said, after some some film, it will be a little bit an easier start to game two than it was for Game one. Heines would not commit to any lineup changes, including the goaltending position, so I still think it's overwhelmingly likely that all stead will start, but Heines would not commit to saying that yesterday, so maybe we'll find out more after morning's skate today. But regardless, setting up to be a pretty entertaining Game two, hopefully a little bit more normal hockey game today compared to what we saw here on Sunday night.
Speaker 2: Hinz On, Sorry, Wally, I'm not worried about Wally.
Speaker 10: You know, he's got a great track record, he's played really well, he's got playoff experience, he's got positive playoff experience. But I think in general, as we've talked about throughout these playoffs, that it's next game. You take the lessons out of it, everyone has to reboot, we all have to be better, and we're playing it on doing that tomorrow.
Speaker 5: So I heard Russo last night with the Barrero and me too. He made a couple of points that I hadn't thought of, because again, I'm not a hockey guy, so I'm just gonna have to rely on other people that know what they're talking about because I don't.
Speaker 2: But he mentioned like.
Speaker 5: If you were going to truly start Gus in game two, then you probably should have pulled Walstead at some point in game one just to get Gus on the ice because it's been three freaking weeks since he's played, And that was kind of the other point is even even if you're like, all right, we watched the film, Waltston was terrible, right, I'm not saying that's the case, but I'm saying, if you watch the film and looking Jesus is just bad, we got to go to Gus. It's been three weeks since he's played. That's really tough to put somebody in there after three weeks. So I think you kind of hainted at it. Yesterday's acted unless it's just an absolute nightmare tonight, and then you would get the you know, the break to get Gus ready for Saturday. Unless it's an absolute nightmare, you're kind of just stuck with Walstead until it just absolutely bottoms out.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, No, I mean it's gonna be I'm sure a shorter leash. I guess if you.
Speaker 9: Want to say that, I think he'll he'll be a little bit more trigger happy on pulling him tonight if it is, if he is giving up those goals that that Kadri was talking about the other day. Yeah, I don't know if they'll where the red fernd grows him, but they'll probably do. I'll probably just put him on the bench. Yeah, but yeah, I think it'll be yeah, put that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I don't know why I went to that one, but that book scarred me for life.
Speaker 5: How many books did we read in school growing up where the dog either gets shot or dies.
Speaker 2: It seemed like every book had dog death. Sometimes.
Speaker 4: I thought like they had us read The Old Man in the Sea and they just threw a dead dog in there at some point in the version I read, just to have it there I.
Speaker 5: Know why, right, Grapes of Wrath, Yeah, thirty dead dogs a dog in there?
Speaker 2: Right animal farm or right one?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And Napoleon just killed dogs.
Speaker 4: We watched the two people who fall in love and then take each other out with have show and Juliet. We watched that and the version I had had a dog dying.
Speaker 2: They poison the dogs first.
Speaker 4: They have to do it. They didn't have guns.
Speaker 3: Dog dies of mice and men.
Speaker 5: Isn't like that's yeah, Lenny just chokes the dog, chokes.
Speaker 4: It right out. Why, Yeah, twelve men in the jury box or whatever the hell that show is called. They killed dogs, right, That's what the trial was about.
Speaker 5: I believe the original title was just the normal Gatsby until he was great at choking dogs.
Speaker 4: But he was best at you ran that dog over with the cars.
Speaker 3: It.
Speaker 4: The most important question for you, Zach is how was the reporter dinner at the steakhouse last night?
Speaker 3: You know, I didn't. I didn't get the invite.
Speaker 9: Unfortunately, wait a minute, I got an invite to another dinner. But I looked at the menu and I'm like, uh.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna be able to I don't.
Speaker 9: I gotta get more tips from you, Corey and on, how like you approach these like fancy dinner places, because I'm pretty sure I probably could have gone and just eating some chips or something.
Speaker 3: But it's always bread.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you get bread, and then you and once you're twenty one and you're what thirty one one? Uh yeah, you just drink and then you and then you do what every you know, childish eater does after a fancy deal dinner or meal. You just have some kind of raising canes uber eat it to your hotel room. Man, you just door dash it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you know, yeah, they're too far away, though, here is it gonna be a fifty five minute wait for a door dash from canes last night? And I'm like, ain't nobody got time for that?
Speaker 2: Of course you do. There's always bread, Yeah, there's always breaded fancy.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 2: Wait, there was there was a true reporters also.
Speaker 4: Took all the reporters to a giant steakhouse last night, both teams for I guess all of the reporter people everybody was in for reporting. He took everybody. They all went to some fancy steakhouse.
Speaker 5: On the athletics tab or his tab, I would guess on the probably Eric.
Speaker 3: Johnson's tab, I think because he a guitar player.
Speaker 4: Did close with dover.
Speaker 9: Some I'm like, yesess exactly. Yeah, I heard Russa inviting all the reporters up. Like I just felt like I was back in middle school again.
Speaker 5: I'm here, isn't Eric Johnson Jessica Simpson's former husband too?
Speaker 2: Wasn't that his name?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: He got around.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go ahead and google it and see if I'm right. I thought it was something like that Jessica Simpson.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm not gonna be mad at myself for googling her anyway.
Speaker 9: That's a good point.
Speaker 2: I don't know why I care, but now it's too late. Now I have to look it up. It was Eric Johnson.
Speaker 5: Yeah, married twenty fourteen through September of twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: Nick Lachet first, Eric Johnson second, whatever.
Speaker 4: Well done? Look at you?
Speaker 2: Yep? What were we talking about again?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got you got invited to Stea Dinners.
Speaker 4: He did not get invited to the stake Denver. Now he got invited to the other one other place.
Speaker 2: So what was the other one? Like Wild Employees and another one? Why don't you go to that one?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 9: I got social anxiety, and I don't think I got anything enough or anything fancy enough to wear hair. Honestly, I don't know if a quarters that would have been good enough at this place.
Speaker 5: Of course, what what are they gonna do now to invite you back? It's in Denver.
Speaker 4: I went to a strip club with some people a long time ago that I didn't want to go there with, just to hang out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my very first trips. So what did you get to eat?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 2: What'd you eat?
Speaker 9: My Giano's little Italy whatever that is, I don't know. I got, uh, went Italian last night, so it was that was all right? Yeah, it wasn't the Italian Rosie was enjoying.
Speaker 2: That was the best ever had.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I tried to get a picture with the with the chef.
Speaker 9: But he didn't want to deliver the food with him, so I had to have to go there next tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Maybe so many people sending me direct messages trying to identify the person with the krusty fingernails yesterday and nobody guessed correctly. But I was like, how many places have people handing food through the window with terrible fingernails? There's that should be a put gloves on. If you got krusty fingernails, don't hand me my food. I'm gonna be able to eat. That is it happening everywhere these days?
Speaker 2: I don't think so. Fingernails, You know, it's crazy.
Speaker 5: If you had not seen that, you would have eaten it, and it would have been ignorance is bliss.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't have cared yep.
Speaker 4: And I'd be like, why is my belly sick today?
Speaker 5: So from now on, just hold your left hand out the driver's side window and just look straight ahead like it's a baton relay.
Speaker 4: Punch the gas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just just.
Speaker 5: Say put it in my hand, and then don't look at their fingernails, don't look at their general cleanliness.
Speaker 2: Just take it and go. Yeah, you'll be fine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, trust the guy. If you'd say, just put it in my hand, though, put it in my hand. I didn't order a hot dog, right, Derek, Uh.
Speaker 5: Punch Paige Sports in the rear view mirror will do what really matters.
Speaker 2: After the scores and stats around the world of sports and crystal change your life for something else.
Speaker 5: No John bonus today, no sauce today, but Marni will be here in like forty minutes zaxon Denver.
Speaker 2: This is the power Trip morning show on.
Speaker 3: The Van.
Speaker 9: Sports his in town, chances to win tickets and knowing what is going on with all of your favorite Kaffan shows. Followed Kmavan one Zeros are three. On all of our social channels Instagram, TikTok x and more. Stay connected to Boality sports leader Kfan.
Speaker 4: That's right, welcome back. Here we are six twenty four celebrating a big Wolves win last night, and Julius Randall, who I believe Leonard team in scoring last night, was talking about Ant glowingly after the game.
Speaker 3: Huge huge.
Speaker 7: I mean for him to go out and do what he did and just his just ability to just bounce back and you know, give us whatever he had out there.
Speaker 2: It was huge.
Speaker 7: So he made a lot of big shots just super happy, super proud to have him back because you know what.
Speaker 3: He brings to the game.
Speaker 4: Yeah that was pretty cool man, Good for you, well done, dude needed him. Yeah, yeah, that's cool. I think. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Without Ant, I just I don't think this team is enough to beat the San Antonio Spurs in a seven game series. But he's back, and they showed it last night when he's on the court, he can be the best player on the planet at times.
Speaker 2: So Rosie gets it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he gets it.
Speaker 5: He gets the best meals he's ever had in Italy, and he gets it and has the potential to be great. So yeah, no, the San Antonio has got to be super pissed that he's back as fast.
Speaker 2: As he is.
Speaker 4: Let me say this, Amon, let me say this about Rosie real quick. I just said this to the REACH kids. Yestery had an event thanks to our friends at Bell Bank. You're from the Bell Bank Studios over there right now, and we hosted a bunch of kids from the Reach Foundation over there yesterday and Misty and everybody. It was just so great and played games with him and showed him around what a real bank is like, and then they went roller skating and Saint clud It's a great time. And one of the things that they were asking me questions about my life, and we were talking about going to California, said you know, get some good food, eat things you've never eaten before, stuff like that, And I said, I'll never forget the first time I went to California. I was sixteen years old and my grandma couldn't get on a plane on the plane because she got sick and there was an empty plane ticket, and everybody's like, who wants to go? And I was like, I'll go. And back then you could just get on the plane because you had a ticket. They didn't check your idea. I didn't have id right whatever. Anyway, I get to California and I had the best tacos I've ever had in my life from a fast food joint called Noggles Tacos. And the reason it was so good wasn't because the food was so good. Maybe it was good, but I was staying in California with my cousin in the place I'd never been before, and I was like, this is real. And I mean, you know what I mean. I think if you had given Rosie Salisbury steak from a TV dinner when he was in Italy, he might have said it was the best dinner of his life, you know what I mean. It's all about your surroundings and where you're at and the mood you're in and how I mean. Don't get me wrong, if it tastes like dog turns, it tastes like dog turs. But if it tastes good, it's also about the surroundings.
Speaker 5: And it also matters if you have Wi Fi to post that on social media.
Speaker 4: It doesn't matter if you care about whether people know you ate it or not. That is true.
Speaker 2: So yesterday, I'm one of our bosses.
Speaker 5: I'm not going to say which one that, but it's the one that has a really rough time walking.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how is that it?
Speaker 2: He was like, man, you guys are being pretty hard on Rosie.
Speaker 5: He's like, you know, like look, he goes, Look, I like ripping Rosie as much in the next guy.
Speaker 2: He goes, you guys are being pretty tough.
Speaker 5: And I'm like, I'll tell Hawk and Sauce to calm down because I don't know why there's so tough on him. He thought you guys were over the line yesterday, and I didn't disagree.
Speaker 4: Here's the problem with that. Is it better to do it on the air or in your office when he's not there? So that's the question.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, I mean, just leave the guy alone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll try to be better about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'll try, you know, like when you eat the way that I do. And Zach can relate to this a little bit as well. It's hard to say quote this is the best meal I've ever had, because I have the same meal all the time. Right, That's why once in a while it's like, Wow, this is the best ice cream I've ever had, or that's the best cinnamon role I've ever had. Because meals, it's like, yeah, is this cane? I go to canes and it's the best. So how do you have the best canes you've ever had? It's been fantastic a thousand times.
Speaker 2: What do I care?
Speaker 4: But I bet that canes might be even better if you ate it at the top of Mount kiliman Jar.
Speaker 2: Again, how's my WiFi?
Speaker 5: Can I post my no slaw extra toast so everybody knows that I had canes on the top of the mountain.
Speaker 4: That's right at the mountain.
Speaker 3: Is that why the food in Vegas tastes so much better? Like the canes in Vegas? Maybe?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: Oh man, I always thought they just made it better there? How about they?
Speaker 2: How about like what Ben always talks about?
Speaker 5: And he's right, there's something about vacation coffee that you're like, this coffee just hits differently when you're walking on a beach or you're in some foreign city.
Speaker 2: It's just the best, completely It's just still coffee.
Speaker 5: Right, French coffee tastes the same as coffee in Toma.
Speaker 2: What's the difference?
Speaker 3: And beans?
Speaker 1: No matter what?
Speaker 2: Who cares? It's all about your attitude.
Speaker 4: That's right. It's where you're at and how you feeling that day? Well, you got enough sleep that night?
Speaker 2: And how's the Wi Fi?
Speaker 5: No again, nobody ever posts pictures in Toma because they don't have Wi Fi. They have fifty six k that You're not going to sit there and plug in at a at a gas station so you can post. That's not that's not a thing. You gotta wait till you get back to civilization like Chicago or Minneapolis.
Speaker 2: All right, you ready to do what matters?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Ross by Ovo, Lasik and lens Go get Lasik from doctor Mark Lobanof and doctor David Whiting with Ovo, Lasik and Lenz. Thanks Ovo, thank you. All right, let's go way off the board. I know it's playoff season. The Wolves had a big win last night. The Wild play tonight.
Speaker 2: We get it. How about this out of nowhere?
Speaker 5: How about uh world number one golfer Scotty Scheffler has committed to play the three Am Open.
Speaker 2: How about that coming out yesterday July.
Speaker 5: Twenty third through the twenty six that TPC twin Cities in Blaine, Scotty Scheffler coming to Minnesota.
Speaker 4: Does that do anything for you?
Speaker 5: I mean, it doesn't do anything for me. But my guess is the golfing community super pumped.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I mean yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 2: You like to sell some tickets, It definitely will sell some tickets.
Speaker 4: Like Delernard Junior Racing at Elco. I go see that.
Speaker 2: Sure, Yeah, if you're in a golf that's a giant story.
Speaker 4: Pretty cool.
Speaker 2: What really matters, though, is this.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to think of other things that are similar to that, but I can't think of any. I like, the dealer in our junior come to Delco. There we go. It's not happening. By the way, I'm not reporting that that's happening.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying that would be like if Simone Biles went to Urban Air, I'd be like, yeah, I'll go watch your jump on tram for sure.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Absolutely. Yeah. By nineteen forty seven, nearly half of all US college students were World War Two veterans using the GI bill. Let me say that again. By nineteen forty seven, nearly half of all US college students were World War II veterans, using the GI Bill, which massively, of course, expanded access to higher paying jobs and helped grow the middle class.
Speaker 2: Hey, it worked, it did man.
Speaker 4: Matter if they were like, this is what we're gonna do, or if they were like, wow, look what happened? You know what I mean? Sure, like the GF bill, Like did they know that was what was going to expand the middle class? Or was that like a happy coincidence?
Speaker 2: Maybe a little column ad a little economy.
Speaker 5: There's some dude that pops up on my Instagram algorithm once in a while. I don't follow him, but now I've watched so many of his videos now that Instagram Instagram is just convinced that I like the content. That's the double sword, a double edge sword that we always talk about, right, It's like if you hover too long, then it thinks that you like it. But I've watched enough of this guy's videos. He's basically like a financial advisor, and he gives you advice and he talks about different things in the world of finance and investing in whatever business. Right, And he was talking about how little the school that you go to matters, and he said what I've kind of always said is that it only really matters the first you get. After that, it's irrelevant, right like, after that, it's your track record in your actual field or your profession.
Speaker 2: It might get you in the door for your very first job, sir.
Speaker 5: Can you imagine, like if you've been in an industry for ten years and you've done well and you're going the right way and you're like at a job interview and they're like, Wow, you've been killing it, like for the last ten years, it looks like you would fit into this company.
Speaker 3: Great.
Speaker 2: Where'd you go to school?
Speaker 5: University of Minnesota? Oh, I'm sorry, we wanted somebody from the Ivy League. Yeah, but I've crushed it in the actual job that you're asking me to do for the last ten years. Yeah, but you went to Minnesota though, that's not going to work, Like, that's just not a thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it only might matter once.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 4: What's interesting about that is I heard a very interesting quote the other day. I can't stop thinking about.
Speaker 3: This.
Speaker 4: Gentleman. Is Harvard Believe a theologist? I believe is what you would call him. But he's a professor, good looking dude, no, h, I answered that very quickly. Yeah, because I didn't think about it. I just answered the truth. Sure, And the truth is no, he's not an attractive man.
Speaker 3: But he was saying about it.
Speaker 4: But even I wouldn't do that to you, Zach, because I want you to think about this and not how unattractive the man saying it is. Now, that's all I can think of is now I've called that man attractive. I feel bad about it. But anyway, listen to this. This is the truth he said this. He goes, uh, you know.
Speaker 9: You can.
Speaker 4: You can go to school and read and get as educated as you can. You should do that because vocabulary matters, Like the most dangerous weapon you have is your vocabulary. You need to be able to talk to somebody. He said. You're born with your IQ. You can improve it a little bit here and there. But you have an IQ and another person has their IQ. And if you have an IQ of one thirty another person has an IQ of seventy, there's no doubt you're going to win that argument.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 4: No matter how much that person with the IQ of seventy works on his he's gonna get little bit smarter, but he's still going to not have.
Speaker 2: That one hundred and thirty IQ be back tomorrow, by the way.
Speaker 4: Correct, that's right. But then he said this and it sticks in my mind. I love it, and he goes. But the thing about being having a high AQ, the thing about having a high i Q that can really get you in trouble is just because you can win an argument doesn't mean you're.
Speaker 2: Right again, SAWC will be back tomorrow, right.
Speaker 4: Isn't that an odd think about that? Though? Just because you can win the argument doesn't mean you're right. You've got to keep that in mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and debating is a skill, There's no doubt about it. There's no doubt about it.
Speaker 5: Look at across sports radio and especially sports TV, a lot of those argument shows. They're just really good debaters, right, I don't know if they're right.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: I can't stand those shows anymore. And you might have you might have it twenty years ago.
Speaker 4: You might have somebody who's an extrovert and somebody who's an introvert, and the extroverts probably going to win the argument just because of their ability to out yell the other person, you know, their ability to put themselves out in front of people and do it. But that doesn't necessarily mean they're side of the argument was right.
Speaker 5: Well, how about presidential debates over the the last one hundred years or so, especially Kennedy and beyond. What matters, almost more than the actual policy is just the presentation.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 5: Good public speakers can win just by sounding confident regardless of what they're saying.
Speaker 4: I mean, you point out the most obvious one. JFK won that debate because Nixon was sweating, right, and people thought he looked nervous.
Speaker 2: And people on the radio thought Nixon won.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, and that's something.
Speaker 2: People that watch you thought Kennedy won.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Just because you can win the argument doesn't mean you're right, and that's important for you to remember. Even if you won the argument, you got to listen to what the other person's saying.
Speaker 2: You have to.
Speaker 5: But what if the other person is just saying things like tonight's game will be fun. I like basketball. I want to watch the game tonight. It'll be fun. Right, I have to win that argument, but you also can maybe be nicer to him because you realize what his home.
Speaker 4: Life must be like.
Speaker 2: So also, be back tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Is it my turn?
Speaker 4: I don't know, I think so?
Speaker 5: Yeah, what else here.
Speaker 2: The Twins were off yesterday.
Speaker 5: They are at Washington tonight at five forty five. Taj Bradley for the Minnesota Twins. It's kind of a weird matchup if you're watching baseball, because the Twins are fifteen and twenty.
Speaker 2: They're five and ten on the road, so terrible on the road.
Speaker 5: Washington is a little bit better at sixteen and nineteen, but four and twelve at home. So the Twins can't win on the road and Washington can't win at home. So something has to break tonight in Washington. But what really matters is this.
Speaker 4: Well, we're talking about Washington yesterday. Why do we ask if people had ever been to DC? Do you remember? I know we said that, like and you said you'd never been to DC? Why were we bringing that up? No, it's about just places you wanted to go or something. It doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: I don't remember time.
Speaker 3: I think it might have started as simple as core as what state DC is.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's right, that is exactly how it started.
Speaker 5: As we were playing exactly because Washington was on the schedule. It was the Twins are off today. They played Washington tomorrow because was yesterday, and I tried to see if Sauce would say something stupid. I said, what state is Washington then? And he said it's it's not a state. I'm like, okay, well again, he'll be back tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Nicholas Cage, one of our great actors. I do like him a lot, was never paid one hundred thousand dollars he was promised to start, and he was promised to start in Las Vegas, leaving Las Vegas in nineteen ninety five. He did win the Academy Award. Director Mike Figus was also never paid his on hundred thousand dollars salary. The studio said the film never made a profit, even though the four million dollar movie grows thirty two million dollars.
Speaker 2: I have a lot of questions me too.
Speaker 4: I would I don't know why Nicholas Cage.
Speaker 2: Doesn't have a lot of question sounds like a lawsuit. Yeah, of course, I.
Speaker 4: Guess maybe one hundred thousand dollars to him isn't enough for him to spend the money for the lawyer to go get it. But I don't know. I'd maybe i'd see him. I'd say, well, you owe me a hundred thousand, and you owe me interest of fourteen million.
Speaker 5: Dollars, because what are the chances that both of them had in their contents that they didn't get paid if the movie wasn't profitable. My guess is they both were like, well we're getting I'm getting a check either way. A lot of those movies right when we hear like Keanu Reeves took a back end deal and he makes like two hundred million dollars in the matrix or something. Don't don't most of them at least take a small salary with a huge back end deal.
Speaker 2: I would guess I don't think they're working for free with a back end deal.
Speaker 4: So I don't think so.
Speaker 5: I mean, maybe if maybe the biggest of the big have swung and said give me a percentage, I'm going to bet on myself I'll take a zero dollars salary. But I would assume that Nicholas Cage, when he was at that point in his career, was not big enough to say I'm working for free.
Speaker 4: What's the dude's name who did Star Wars?
Speaker 2: George Lucas.
Speaker 4: Didn't George Lucas do that last movie? He did for nothing? And like you pay for it himself and lost his.
Speaker 2: A word I don't know. Maybe which one was that?
Speaker 4: The movie I think started with an M like Metropolitan, or maybe it.
Speaker 2: Was Metropolis, was somebody else?
Speaker 10: No that was.
Speaker 4: Whoever did it did it on their own dime and lost their A word strange magic, No, it's called Metropolis. Yeah, hang on a second here, strange man. Yeah, that movie bombed bad. Had the guy who was in Girls in it? A kid who did Matrial. It wasn't George Lucas. Maybe No, I don't know the hell was. I know a little bit about a bunch of things that I'm half right on. Most of it.
Speaker 2: Me Tropolis, nineteen twenty seven movie called Metropolis. Maybe we're slightly off. Is there a different movie that's similarly named Megalopolis?
Speaker 4: Move movies?
Speaker 2: Maybe? I don't know.
Speaker 5: If only there was a website, well looking, we could look. Yeah it is Megalopolis. That was twenty twenty four. That was Coppola.
Speaker 4: Oh that's it, that's the one. Yeah, spent his own money and lost his a jeez.
Speaker 5: This says, This says the budget was between a hundred twenty and one hundred and thirty six million, and it made fourteen point four at the box office.
Speaker 2: Whoopsiees tough. Let me double check this.
Speaker 5: Here.
Speaker 4: The still shots look fantastic. I remember the trailer looked cool, but I never went to see it.
Speaker 5: Rotten Tomatoes mister Z's favorite website, forty five percent. Yeah, well yeah yeah, and the audience also hated it. Average grade of D plus. Yeah yeah. Adam Driver, guy's great.
Speaker 4: That's the kid I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was in Girls exactly fantastic.
Speaker 3: Kyler run himself.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my turn again, I believe. So the Packers signed a quarterback. Obviously, Jordan Love is their starter, but the thirty six year old Tyrod Taylor is going to be their backup. Now Malik Willis went to Miami. Here's your here's your interesting sports stat of the day. I want you guys to try this. Tyrod Taylor's thirty six years old. He was a sixth round pick in twenty eleven, twenty eleven. How many players from the twenty eleven NFL draft class, including Tyrod.
Speaker 2: Taylor are still active fifteen years ago?
Speaker 5: How many active players from the twenty eleven draft class? I?
Speaker 4: Oh, man, maybe three?
Speaker 3: Zach?
Speaker 2: You want to take a shot.
Speaker 9: I mean yeah, I was thinking single that it's two.
Speaker 5: I'll go eight right in between the two of you. He's one of five players still active from twenty eleven.
Speaker 4: Wow, incredible, Tyron, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Twenty eleven doesn't feel that long ago, but it is fifteen years.
Speaker 4: Backup quarterback man.
Speaker 2: Tell you what, he's made a lot of money.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's I mean, good for them, right, He's had a lot of moments where he was a really really solid quarterback.
Speaker 2: I know the name, right, he keeps kidd a job right.
Speaker 5: More of what really matters after this. The Wolves won last night against San Antonio. Marni Gellner here in about eighteen minutes. This is the Power Trim money Join the Fan.
Speaker 9: The Power Trip is headed to the Island. Joined the guys at Treasure Island May twenty eighth and twenty ninth for two shows full of games, tons of laughs, and great prizes including trips to Las Vegas yes Thursday and save twenty percent with promo code KFA N plus a special announcement you will not want to miss. Get the full details now at kfan dot com keyword calendar.
Speaker 5: That is the announcement of the announcement plus the announcement. Right, We're going to be at t I later this month and then announcing something at Treasure Island.
Speaker 4: That's right, and Ronza Moss needs they need to announce to her that she missed a couple three days there for her Sports update. That's a few days ago that she was talking about, right her in the Sports Update.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was talking about, Yeah, Joe Ryan leaving the game. That was like a couple of days ago, us or Joey Jojoe. Everything's going great, it really is.
Speaker 4: We had it out, figured out what really matters.
Speaker 5: But here's what really matters, scores and stats around the world of sports, Crystal change of life with something else that's more interesting, although it's hard to be more interesting than this because the Wolves are up one game to zero after beating the Spurs last night one oh four to one oh two. And yes, we found out yesterday that and was definitely going to play. We just weren't sure how much he played twenty five minutes, came off the bench, played great, eighteen points, looked dominant for most of his time on the court.
Speaker 2: It was awesome. So Wemby was a freak. He had twelve blocks.
Speaker 5: That is the all time NBA record for a postseason game. But the Wolves overcome that stifling defense in the paint. They find a way to win. Didn't help that we missed so many free throws, but maybe we can fix that for game two. But it also did help that san Antonio was not great from three, including at the buzzer. Nas reed kind of bit on the pump fake. So Spurs had a wide open three at the buzzer that would have won it, but it clanks off the rim.
Speaker 2: And the Wolves hold on and win by two one oh four to one o two. But what really matters is this.
Speaker 4: That's right look up on your computer, whether you're listening live or later on. Gregor g R E G O R. Last name Bachi b A c I.
Speaker 2: Gregor Bacci got it.
Speaker 4: Sixteenth century painting Cheez by an Austrian painter shows Gregor Bacci, who was struck by a lance in his right eye socket yep, went all the way through his head and out the back of his neck. Yep, and he lived for a year. They saw it off the front and the back of the lance, and he lived for a year. There's a very famous painting once owned.
Speaker 2: By He doesn't care for it.
Speaker 4: He doesn't. He didn't like it. I bet no once owned by Archduke Ferdinand who had listened to do with one if I remember correctly anyway, and people I have long debated whether or not anyone could have lived through that, And of course science has gotten better to the point where neurologists at the Medical University of Nsbrouk have now determined he could certainly have lived like that, as long as it did not strike parts of his brain. And so they looked at the painting, they did a you know, some rebuilds computer wise, and found out that it definitely could have passed through his eye socket and out the back of his neck the way that it looks like it did in this painting and lived. He lived for a year.
Speaker 2: It all back then.
Speaker 5: It's not like they had cell phones where he could take selfies and see what you looked at it looked like. So when he saw that painting, he must have been like, is that what I look like? I'm hideous? Yeah, yeah, you have a joust through your eyeball. Yeah, it's coming off the back of your skull. You're lucky it missed your brain.
Speaker 4: Yeah. It was thought at first that it was from a joust. They now believe that it happened from a throwing beer in the fifty ninety eight Siege of guy or So he got it and.
Speaker 5: Yeah, according to this the perpetrator was Lamar Latrell.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that limpress and thrown style really got him Tryland. Yeah, and this guy didn't want to be killed by a guy named Lamar Latrelle so badly that he willed himself to stay alive so he could say that guy didn't kill me.
Speaker 5: Nope, just died of old age. I died of old age a year later with a jowist or a javelin stile through his eyeball.
Speaker 4: Man, imagine that I do. Like how his left eye is also bulging and bleeding.
Speaker 5: Yeah, in the painting, they definitely have blood coming out of every single orifice of this guy.
Speaker 2: So that's that's as off.
Speaker 3: Watch.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if I throw if I threw a spirit gregor and it went through him and he kept walking towards me, I'd be like, I'm just gonna go ahead and take myself out because obviously the debtor living I can't beat you.
Speaker 2: How about the guy's haircut too?
Speaker 5: A haircut, it's just straight little mohawk thing going on there.
Speaker 2: Way before the punk Revolution. Yeah, what a badass.
Speaker 4: Well done, Gregor, well done.
Speaker 2: I wonder what he did for that year?
Speaker 5: Do you think he do you think he had adult relations at any point in that final year?
Speaker 4: Well, I sure hope.
Speaker 2: So I'm just saying, because think of that, Gal, Yeah, like that's the best I can do. I'll take the guy with the javelin through his face. Yeah yeah, I mean as a hero.
Speaker 4: You know, like you you're sick, and uh, something distracts you and you forget for a minute that you're sick. You think he had one moment, one minute that entire year where he forgot he had a javelin through his head, just one moment where everything was so like the sunset was so beautiful that he completely spaced. Oh yeah, that's right. I've got a spear in my head.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's maybe the pain has subsided.
Speaker 5: And yeah, he's walking along like a river bank and he's just like you said, birds are chirping, suns out, it's just peaceful.
Speaker 2: And he just forgets for a second yep. And then I don't know where and he's like, oh god, damn, I forgot about the javelin.
Speaker 4: Man, I mean, how did he sleep? Where did he lay his head.
Speaker 2: Oh, well, how do you live on a bed of roses?
Speaker 4: And did he just wander around? I wondered, did he and did he die of an infection?
Speaker 2: Because damn, I don't know. It's a good question.
Speaker 4: I have a lot of questions about young Greg Orbachi.
Speaker 2: This story doesn't say how long he lived in terms of age. Do you know how old he was? He says he died a year after the injury.
Speaker 4: Oh, it says.
Speaker 5: The Knicks dominated last night one thirty seven to ninety eight over the Sixers. Cat was seventeen bruns and with thirty five the New York Knicks up one to zero.
Speaker 4: Are they any good like? Are they a danger on the East Side?
Speaker 5: I think they're the ool. They're close to the favorites to win the East. I know that people like the Pistons as well, because the Pistons were dominant in the regular season, But it's a little bit like the Spurs and the Wolves. The Knicks have been there and done that. The Pistons are young and upcoming, so maybe the Knicks eventually, maybe they're veteran leadership can can wield their way.
Speaker 2: I would take the Knicks over the Pistons, but we'll see.
Speaker 4: So there's a chance that's get me the big cat in the final.
Speaker 5: If we can find a way to get past Wemby and okay, see yeah, it could be.
Speaker 2: Could be cat versus ant. Wow, could be that's gonna be big. What really matters, though, is this.
Speaker 4: You know, if you look up a guy who has a spear piercing his head, you're also going to find stories like this one and a tally Bergowski. In nineteen seventy eight, the Russian Russian particle physicist, had a high energy proton beam from a particle accelerator passed through his head. He was working for the Russians checking a malfunctioning piece of equipment when, of course, the safety mechanisms failed. Breskowski was leaning over the equipment when he stuck his head in the path of the proton beam.
Speaker 2: Interesting never crossed the streams.
Speaker 4: He reportedly saw a flash of light brighter than a thousand suns, but didn't feel any pain. The beam passed through the back of his head, the occipital and temporal lobes of his brain, the left middle ear. It pierced the occipital and temporal lobes, and his left middle ear and went out the left side of his nose. The exposed parts of his head received a local dose of two hundred to three hundred thousand roun gins. I don't know what the hell those things are. He understood the severity of what had happened, but he continued working on the malfunctioned piece of equipment because he's like, well, I'm here anyway, right, Sure, the fan belt chopped my fingers up, but I've got to make sure the cars run it. Initially, he opted not to tell anybody what happened.
Speaker 2: He's embarrassed.
Speaker 4: Doctors expected him to die, but he survived with severe non fatal injuries. The left half, the left half of Burgovsky's face swelled up beyond recognition, and over the next several days, the skin started the peel, revealing the path that the proton beam had burned through parts of his face and his bone and his brain tissue. Never do science, as it was believed, and right as it was believed that he had received far in excess of a fatal dose of radiation. Burgoski was taken to a clinic and then they wanted to watch him die, because that's what you do.
Speaker 2: Gotta observe, right, hell's.
Speaker 4: Gonna happen to this guy? Well, there was virtually no damage to his intellectual capacity. Burgosky survived. He completed his PhD and continued working as a particle physicist.
Speaker 2: But his face terrible.
Speaker 4: He completely lost hearing in his left ear, which he had tonights in that ear, which I that's bad. On the left half of his face was paralyzed. He was able to function well except for occasional partial seizures and rare tonic clonic seizures. The paralyzed out of his face doesn't have any wrinkles of any kind, he says, doesn't. Is he still alive? Yeah, he's eighty three. He's still alive.
Speaker 2: He looks great. I bet he don't looks like he's had botox a thousand times.
Speaker 4: How badass is this guy?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I'm just it's not that big a deal, I tell you, buddy, no big deal.
Speaker 2: Very few people braver yeah than scientists. Proton beams, Yeah, don't cross the streams.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my dad, Because my dad worked at three M. He helped create this thing called a proton pack.
Speaker 2: Is that right? Wow?
Speaker 5: So him and like three of his friends would carry the proton packs on their back and they'd go around and like, I don't know, look for supernatural beings and stuff.
Speaker 2: It was I don't understand it. I guess he was in a documentary.
Speaker 4: And did he have anything to do with the post it note?
Speaker 2: My dad? No, okay, but he was probably there when it happened.
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 2: I wonder when the post it note started?
Speaker 3: We looked that up.
Speaker 2: It's a good question.
Speaker 4: Well, while you're doing that, I want to let you know that. In nineteen ninety six, Burgovski applied for disability status just to get free epilepsy medicine, and Russia denied him. Sure you're fine, ugly, some bitch, get out of here. Don't make us look at you.
Speaker 5: Post it notes were invented through a three M collaboration between doctor Spencer Silver. That's a cool name, that has a great name in nineteen sixty eight, created a unique low tech reusable adhesive microsphere and art fry in nineteen seventy four, after initialffairs with SO nineteen eighty nationwide release. So yeah, one hundred percent. My dad was definitely a three M wow in that range.
Speaker 4: Doctor Spencer Silver, that's a.
Speaker 2: Great name, that is a really cool name.
Speaker 4: No, it's not a good name, Doctor Art Fry.
Speaker 5: Sorry Art, I've done fry Art oh Man at McDonald's for forty six years.
Speaker 4: You should see what I can do with a frosty and a fry.
Speaker 2: I can't get on board with that. I know a lot of people do that. Hi, Marni, Hi, good morning. Do you do the fries in the frosty at Wendy's.
Speaker 11: I have sensitive teeth, so that hard past is not appealing to me. I like fries, right and I like Frosty's, just not together. I'll have them separate.
Speaker 4: May ask you question, Marty, may ask your question. Of course, if you were on the dating game and you could not see either of them, but they said, do you get to choose, Marty between doctor Spencer Silver or doctor.
Speaker 2: Art Fry just by the name.
Speaker 4: Is the name go to sweat you at all?
Speaker 2: Of course? Yeah, yeah, it's an immediate judgment. Of course, which one are you taking?
Speaker 5: I'll take the silver, Yeah, Doctor Spencer Silver was five hundred and thirty six pounds.
Speaker 2: I'll take the fry. I just made that up.
Speaker 4: Doctor Fry was allergic to potatoes.
Speaker 2: Oh no, doctor Spencer's they're so good, so post it notes, shout out to three very helpful.
Speaker 4: Yes, thank you.
Speaker 2: Anybody from three M's listening. My guess is there are people from three AM. Sure, sure, sure, ye. Martin's our squad, one man, come on, let's go. Let's great game. It was a great game.
Speaker 4: Game, great game.
Speaker 2: I watched the whole thing.
Speaker 4: Can you believe it?
Speaker 5: You did?
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 4: I had to because I knew it was just gonna be he and I for the first two hours. I had to watch it so I could he'd have somebody talk to. I loved it.
Speaker 11: But it was a great, super entertaining actually very much was.
Speaker 2: How cool was it?
Speaker 5: Like, I know this is childish, but how cool was the the vibe in San Antonio with all the colored shirts like that look, it looked awesome.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 11: They did that in the first round for a couple of games too.
Speaker 2: It was. It's cool visual concept.
Speaker 4: The crazy thing about it is watching that game having been in that stadium. That's a terrible stadium. It arena, Yeah, there arena is a big old barn. They didn't even use part of it. Wait, no, you can't tell that. Well there's a place now, Well, because it's there twenty years ago.
Speaker 2: I was there where they where the Spurs play.
Speaker 11: There is a barn like next to it, but have you definitely been inside. It was called at and T Center and now it's Frost Bank Center.
Speaker 4: Whatever. I went to San Antonio with Pa and du Bay when I was first brand new at the radio station, and we went to a Spurs game versus the Wolves. Okay, okay, I remember that like they had it was the building was bigger than the basketball court, like they had a curtain at the end of the building, and part of the building wasn't being used, So that must have been before they had the new room.
Speaker 11: Maybe because I've been to, like you've been a billion teen games there and I've never seen a curtain nor part of the arena that's not used. But when you pull into the parking lot, it looks like there's a horse show next door.
Speaker 4: Okay all the time, right, Maybe I saw it.
Speaker 3: I like, are you thinking of the Alamo Dome?
Speaker 4: Maybe they were playing the Alamodome. I don't know. There was no basement in this place, though.
Speaker 7: So.
Speaker 3: You don't remember the Alamo.
Speaker 4: I don't remember the Alamodi.
Speaker 5: The news is next and we'll talk Wolves and Spurs with Marnie Gelner in a little bit as well.
Speaker 2: This is the Power Trim morning show on the Fan