Speaker 1: Broadcasting across the LA Todgers Audio Network on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: App Like level up another set, who could do it?
Speaker 1: Light me? Damn it?
Speaker 3: Another Jay.
Speaker 4: Joy is like the best player he's ever seen.
Speaker 3: Welcome in to.
Speaker 1: A World Series edition of Marongo Casino Dodgers on TAM. Time to finish this thing off your pregame. Look at the world champion LA Todgers.
Speaker 2: Oh that'll show up. Road still goes through LA. And this is not a shot, means a position if.
Speaker 5: You want to coom keating.
Speaker 1: Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Valvelin instant oil change.
Speaker 5: Your fifteen minutes right through.
Speaker 3: Oil change and by Spectra.
Speaker 1: Now your host walking you up the first pitch, Golden, It's Tim Cake.
Speaker 2: Hi everybody, and.
Speaker 6: Welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on NACK, your official Dodger pregame show as we are live at Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 2: For Game five of the World.
Speaker 6: Series Dodgers and the Toronto Blue Jays. This series tied up at two games a piece. Tonight, Game five, a pivotal game for both teams is This series will head back to Rogers Center in Toronto, Canada on Friday for Game six.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers will give the ball to Blake Snell.
Speaker 6: In Game five tonight, first pitch of Dodger Stadium is coming up at five eight.
Speaker 2: Between then and now, we got a lot to get to.
Speaker 6: Here on Moronggo Casino Dodgers on deck. David Vats, Our Dodger insigner, will join.
Speaker 2: Us throughout the hour. We'll hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts.
Speaker 6: Coming up in just about fifteen minutes as he has made some tweaks to his lineup. Tonight before Game five, we'll preview this pitching matchup. We got your magical moment. Charlie Steiner will join us here at the stadium before Game five and shortly we'll visit with Kirsten Watson from Sports at LA. Just a few minutes, we'll send it over to the Gallpit Motors Broadcast booth. Stephen Nelson had a rake of Monday well last night at the stadium. It was a good pitching matchup and show hey o'tani was on the mound.
Speaker 2: He pitched well.
Speaker 6: The only problem is the Dodgers offense didn't give him.
Speaker 2: The run support he was looking for.
Speaker 6: Dodgers took the nearly one nothing lead on a key Ga Hernandez sack fly to right that gave the Dodgers a one nothing lead. But that lead did not last long and the top of the third, Show Hey Otani gave up a single. Next batter Vlad Guerrero.
Speaker 7: Guerrero now locked up with the Blue Jays for fifteen years. This is hammer to left field. Geek a Hernandez at the wall. This ball's gonna go. Guerrero Junior takes Otani deep for a go ahead, two run homer, two one Toronto in the third inning. It just got over the wall into the home run seats.
Speaker 2: In left field.
Speaker 7: But that was a laser from Guerrero Junior. His first home run of the World Series, seventh home run of the postseason, extends his own Blue Jays franchise record for a single post and he's turned the game upside down.
Speaker 6: Lad Guerrero giving the Blue Jays a two to one lead. But that was it as far as the damage from Show Hey Otani. He put up a zero in the fourth, he put up a zero in the fifth, starting to pick up the strikeouts, and he get more strikeouts in the sixth.
Speaker 7: The next pitch from Show Hey will be number ninety trying to finish the six the two to two come in. Oh wait, even I miss strike three, strikeout number six ends hitting number six. Show hey, old Tony's keeping the Dodgers in Game four.
Speaker 6: Yeah, showe hey Otani's striking out batters. That's the top tier play of the game. Brought to by Arco quality Ty top ky to tier gas for less. As the Dodgers offense continued to also get shut down by Shane Bieber, who went five and a thirty and he's allowed one run on four heads, shoe a Otani officially goes six plus the seventh inning, he left with traffic on the base pass In came Anthony Bonda, followed by Blake Tronon. They'd give up some runs as the Blue Jays scored four runs in the top half of the seventh inning, two of those runs going to Anthony Bonda, the other two to show hey Otani a crooked number for the Toronto booth Jays. They were up six to one. The Dodgers would strike back in the bottom of the ninth inning on a Tommy Edmund Rbi ground out, but that was it. Dodgers could not catch up as they lose Game four last night by a final of six to two. Shane Bieber gets to win showeeo'tani gets the loss, and the Dodgers now find themselves all tied at two games apiece with the Toronto Blue Jays. A best of seven series has now become a best of three, and they go at it tonight, the final game of this series at Dodgers Stadium. Blake's now on the mound, first pitch at five oh eight, and with more we sent it over to the Galpin Moters broadcast booth and say hello to Stephen Nelson and Rick Bunday.
Speaker 5: Guys.
Speaker 7: All right, Tim Kates, we are getting ready for Game five of the twenty twenty five World Series. It is the final home game at Dodgers Stadium this year. No matter what, of course, Mo, the dream scenario for the Dodgers entering this World Series was, hey, steal one, at least one in Toronto and give yourself a chance to clinch the World Series at Dodgers Stadium. Well, it's not the dream scenario, but they still have the dream ahead of them, if that makes sense. It's the best of three to win back to back World Series. As a player, you'd sign up for this at the beginning of the year, and the Dodgers have to think that way after a disappointing Game four.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you're absolutely right. I mean this comes down to push and shove. That's exactly what it is. And I think that tonight is absolutely must win if you're looking at both of these ball clubs, probably more so for the Dodgers because you're gonna be going back to Toronto, the home ballpark, and the James have played well in their home ballpark just as the Dodgers have played well they are at Dodgers Stadium. But in order to get this victory tonight or two of the next three in the win column, one thing the Dodgers have to do is to have better approaches at home, played better selection of pitches, and then much more consistent contact, in particular when runners are on base. And that has not been the theme zone so far.
Speaker 7: And Dave Roberts, who was asked about that the at back quality improving, and he said, it's not just seeing a lot of pitches or working deep counts, it's hitting mistakes and they haven't done that up to this point. Moh and so because of that, they're switching things around. It is a very different look to the Dodger lineup than we have seen throughout this postseason. Will Smith elevated to the two spot, Mookie Bets will bat third, and then Andy Pajas, who has just been in a dreadful slump even going back to the final week of the regular season, he is finally on the bench. Alex call Will start in left field, Keith a Hernandez in center field, and so they're going to start manufacturing things because the Blue Jays throughout this World Series mode they have had three different big innings with at least four runs. The Dodgers haven't had one inning all series with scoring at least three.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we had a feeling of that Pie is not going to be in the lineup tonight. Roberts kind of alluded to it yesterday and then pinch hint for in the seventh inning. If you look, I think in the totality, the Dodgers too many flyball outs, pointless flyball outs.
Speaker 5: In particular with Mooky Bentz.
Speaker 8: You know, if you look at Ben's the last eight postseason games, he's hitting at one forty seven and not delay just on the shoulders of Mookie Benz. But the last two games in particular, he's had seven different at bats plus one walk, but seven official advance with runners on base, and he has had six flyball outs and they have not been productive.
Speaker 9: House.
Speaker 8: But if you look at top to bottom, including tonight, you know Dave Roberts is going to change the lineup around. Will Smith will bat second, Mookie Benz batting third. Months he dropped down to the seventh spot. Then Kickiheraninis and then Alex called the Dodgers simply need to put better at bats. The selection of pitches has not been bad, but the execution of bat on the ball with positive results has been lacked.
Speaker 7: It's a rematch in terms of the pitching matchup. Blake Snell and Trey you Savage those of the starters for Game five. This swing game five before the series goes back to Toronto for Game six and perhaps a game seven. We're back a little bit later, Tim with some keys from Moe.
Speaker 6: All right, thank you, Nelly, as we count you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get your game day meal on and Shaky's Pizza parlor. No better time to get your Shaky's cheecken pizza, mojos, all of it right now at Shaky's dot com. As we lead you up to first pitch Game five of the World Series coming up here, I'm Morongo Casino, Dodgers on deck. You're gonna hear from Dodger manager Dave Roberts. We will check it with me, David Betsey. We'll break down this pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: But up next.
Speaker 6: Kirsten Watson from Sports and at LA stops five. See here on pre and post all plays at playoffs long including tonight on Sports to at LA as we lead you up to Dodgers in Blue Jays, a pivotal Game five of this World Series.
Speaker 2: First bitch of five.
Speaker 6: Oh wait, thanks for being with us cases the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morono Casino Dodgers hunting.
Speaker 3: On your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers in Blue Jays, Game five of the World Series from Dodgers Stadium. Winner takes a three to two series lead, heading back to Rogers Center on Friday in Canada. Blake Snell on the mountain, first pitch coming up at five away.
Speaker 1: This is Karston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 6: It's brought to you by Cars for Kids who are ready to donate that old car. Call Eat seven seven Cars for Kids right now. Friendly agents are standing by to take your donation. That's Cars with the K to donate your car today. Here we are, final game at Dodger Stadium this season, no matter what, this series is going back to Toronto. The only time they'll be back at Dodgers Stadium if there is a parade. But first things first, they gotta take care of business tonight and they have the right guy in the mountain, Blake Snell.
Speaker 3: They do.
Speaker 10: And for Blake Snell, we have learned a lot about him this year. Yes, he battles with some injury, but when he's on the mound, he's a huge competitor and it's everything he does, whether it's baseball, it's video games. He is someone who is the ultimate competitor. And so he comes into this one in which he struggled in Game one. He didn't have the fastball command. It kind of then bled into some other pitches. He just felt like the stuff wasn't necessarily there. He wasn't able to navigate through the Blue Jays lineup as he would have liked. So he comes into this game he kind of wants to right those wrongs. He wants to be that guy in the World Series who can put his team in a position to be successful, put his team in a position to pick up the win. And he gets a second chance at that. You know, as much as you know, he did have a long layoff going into Game one, and he is not somebody's gonna use that as an excuse. But he comes into this one with a normal routine, a normal schedule, and so the hope is he can kind of set the tone. And even Freddy Freeman has said it everyone and you talk to the guys, they're relying on Blake Snell to have a really strong start to end just being at Dodger Stadium on a very high note before the team goes to Toronto.
Speaker 2: Well, the offense needs to get going. Last night, you know, we're showing.
Speaker 6: Otani pitched good and put up zero's midway through that game.
Speaker 2: The only problem is.
Speaker 6: The offense couldn't get anything going. Kind of felt like the offense was a sleep last night before getting a run late in the game.
Speaker 2: So they switched things up a little bit. Dave Roberts there the line, they did.
Speaker 10: So when you look at the top of the order, So for they've got Will Smith now batting second, behind Shoheo Tani, moving down Mookie Betts one, and then going to Freddie Freeman batting in the four hole. Then they made some changes in the outfield, so they're gonna have Keith Gay Hernandez playing in center field. They're putting Alex call in left and he's gonna be batting ninth. So right now, how Dave Roberts has just said, you know, they've thought about this. Last night. They did hint at there could be some potential changes. Andy pat has has been struggling offensively, but they've been giving him the opportunity and there have been some med bats and they feel like he was moving in the right direction.
Speaker 2: But Dave Roberts had it today.
Speaker 10: They're now at a point they were reluctant to move Mookie Betts in the regular season, move them down in the order, but they're at a point which you have to be reactive to how things are. Games moving forward are all must win. So he believes that for them to get to Trey Savage early in this one, they were able to kind of pepper him in Game one, but for them to really take advantage of him and continue get the pitch count up. He likes what this lineup looks like with having Will Smith behind show Hey Otani before it then goes to Mookie and Freddie. So the hope is for them offensively to get back on track. There have been some inconsistencies, but they do. They know what they need to do. They're not looking to go for the big swings, and I think we've been seeing a little bit of that recently. Now it's just how do we get back to Dodger baseball, putting the ball in play, moving the ball forward, which Dave Roberts loves to say, doing that, and just having really strong at bats through the entirety of the game.
Speaker 6: Don't got a lot of time to figure it out. They got to figure it out fast. They get in tonight game five offensively. Kirsen wait, I appreciate it. We'll check in with you after the game. Still to come here on Morago Causino Dodgers on deck will get you your magical moment.
Speaker 2: We'll hear from Charlie Steiner.
Speaker 6: But up next we will hear from the manager himself Gave Roberts, as we are lean you up to Game five of the World Series, Dodgers in Blue Jays, first pitch at five oh wait. I'm Tim kas Is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue.
Speaker 3: All season low.
Speaker 6: Brongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues as we leave you up to first pitch from Dodger Stadium. It's Game five of the World Series. Wrongo Casino Resort and spying Grand Slam for good timeAs Blake Snell on the mound, first pitch coming up at five oh eight, let's heap back down stairs.
Speaker 2: Zo and cher Can with the Dodgers kipper.
Speaker 5: Anything else?
Speaker 9: Questions for Dave? Dave? Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 1: Can you talk about the pressure in the dugouts with Dave.
Speaker 11: Roberts Obviously, you know, getting Alex in there. I felt that at the bottom, just the bad quality seeing pitches, the potential to get somebody on bass for Showy.
Speaker 9: At the top, I feel good with.
Speaker 11: Kik and centerfield and Alex's defense and left and then as far as MOOKI and Will, I just feel like I feel that that's the.
Speaker 9: Best way to win the game tonight.
Speaker 11: And so both players were alerted and both players are all on board.
Speaker 9: So that was a decision I made to.
Speaker 4: Jack on your left, how much with the will Mookie switch is trying to provide some more protection behind show hey too and force them to maybe pitch to him a little bit more.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I think, just like I said, Jack, it's just whatever I felt it's the best chance to win today.
Speaker 4: And then with with MOOKI, what have you been seeing from him the last couple of weeks as it looked more like you know, it's just some of the contact and the pop ups kind of like some of the stuff he was struggling with earlier this year. Have you been okay with his approach? Kind of what have you guys seen out of him?
Speaker 11: You know, I think there's a little bit of you know, there's some mechanics, there's some all so some they're making good pitches. Uh, he's working hard to kind of clean some things up.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 11: Yesterday he lined the ball, but Clement was there on the line got a base hit, and so for me, it's just it's uh, I yeah, there's some mechanical things. But you know, right now, all that matters is just going out there and you know, taking four or five good at bats, and so all I'm concerned about is tonight, And I know that's all.
Speaker 9: What's a Mookie's mind too?
Speaker 2: Move up a few rows for Sonya they have.
Speaker 10: A During the regular season, you were kind of reluctant to move Mooki down in the order, and this is obviously a different situation, but kind.
Speaker 9: Of why now, Well, I think that.
Speaker 11: You know, when you're I think in the in the postseason, you've got to be a little bit more reactive than the regular season. And when I netted out, you know, the value of what I field gives us the best chance to win today. That was a decision I made, and I think that's why, like I said, you got to be at some point, you got to be a little bit more productive than I normally would.
Speaker 6: All right, there's the manager, Dave Roberts and his pregame thoughts to the media talking about the lineup change and where his mind is right now with this team going into Game five, with Blake Snell on the mound as well, certainly Dodgers in a good situation tied too two with a chance to take a three two. So learis lead going back to Toronto. When we continue here.
Speaker 2: On Dodgers on Deck, we all check in.
Speaker 6: With the David vat say as we lead you up to Game five of the World Series. First pitch a five. Oh wait, I'm Tim Kase's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, yes is Morongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's a Dodgers in Blue Jays Game five of the World Series from Dodgers Stadium, Blake's Net on the mount.
Speaker 2: First pitch coming up at five away.
Speaker 3: Joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 12: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 3: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 5: All right, DV.
Speaker 6: It's been hinted about the last couple of days, maybe some twings in his Dodgers lineup, and Dave Roberts has pulled the trigger.
Speaker 2: In fact, he has changed things up. He certainly has.
Speaker 12: Not only is Andy Pie has out of the starting lineup, but also Mookie Bets has been moved one spot down.
Speaker 13: Mookie has been healing the pressure of hitting behind show Heyo Tani.
Speaker 12: That was not more evident than in that eighteen inning affair where Mookie Bets came up four different times after the Blue Jays intentionally walked show Heyotani and popped up all four times.
Speaker 13: So this should take some pressure off of Mookie Bets.
Speaker 12: And also Will Smith has had the best at bats this side of show Aotani. That also makes the decision a little bit harder for the Blue Jays in this game to intentionally walk Otani. As you know, on Dodger Talk, I was talking about having Miguel Rojas at second base and Edmund and center. Dave Roberts still a little wary of having Edmund play center field with the sore right ankle, So it's Alex carl who gets the starting left field and bat's ninth while keith Y Hernandez slides to center field.
Speaker 6: David is brought to you by the twenty twenty five to four one fifty from California's best selling truck ran Is tied to c Ford in a New Life Freddie Freeman, how's he feeling going into the game five?
Speaker 12: David, you know what he was in the press conference room earlier and I'll let you hear from him in just a moment.
Speaker 13: But Freddy was in.
Speaker 12: A really good headspace, and he told me that he feels good that the Dodger.
Speaker 13: Offense kind of has the right approach.
Speaker 12: They're refreshed after getting a good night's sleep, and he also talked about in the press conference room about whether or not he can enjoy his walk off home run twenty four four hours later.
Speaker 14: Yeah, to be honest with you, I haven't really thought about it at all today. Obviously yesterday coming into the field, it's kind of fresh on everybody's mind. But yeah, I kind of almost forgot about it because of you know, being tied to two in the World Series and you got to get the win today. So maybe I'll think about it after the series.
Speaker 12: Yeah, Well, hopefully the Dodgers are celebrating a back to back championship, because if they don't, I know, Freddy Freeman won't look upon that walk off home run.
Speaker 2: Finally, no doubt they had great stuff.
Speaker 6: We'll check back in with you in just a couple of minutes. Still to come here, I'm wrongo because you know, Dodgers on deck. We'll hear from Charlie Steiner but up next, we'll get your Dodgers Magical moments. Lean you up to Dodgers in Blue Jays, a pivotal Game five of this World Series, tied up in two games of piece.
Speaker 2: First bitch coming up in five. Oh wait, I'm Tim Kas'.
Speaker 6: The world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: Well this Wrongo Casino yours hunting on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's a Dodgers in Blue Jays Game five of the World Series. Late Snell traded seven to the pitching matchup. First pitch coming up in five O weeks.
Speaker 13: Who wants hot?
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment. Pitch Magical Present by Hawfey Hot Dogs.
Speaker 6: We go back to last year's World Series Game five, Yankee Stadium in the Bronx Yankees were up five to one in the fifth India when things started to unravel very quickly after Aaron Judge misplaying a line driving center field. Dodgers scored a couple of runs, runners on base and a chance to tie it with tey Oscar Hernandez up to bats.
Speaker 2: Cool out of the stretch.
Speaker 7: The pitch Hernandez fly ball left center field Judge going back chasing after it.
Speaker 2: He's not gota get there, and one hops up the wall. Mookie scores. Here comes Fuddy Taosta her nanaz has tied Game five to run double from.
Speaker 13: Tayo five five in.
Speaker 6: Game five, taoscar Hernana is the game, tying to run double in the fifth Indian and of course we know what happened.
Speaker 2: Dodgers would go on take the lead.
Speaker 6: Lads, Walker Buehler came in, closed it down in the bottom of the ninth and the Dodgers victorious on the field the Yankee Stadium last October, winning the World Series championship. This Hofey magical moment brought to by Hoffey hot Dogs, Hoffey Sokow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years.
Speaker 2: Haffy hot Dogs, local and so great.
Speaker 6: When we continue here on Morongo be Causino Dodgers on Deck, we will check out with Charlie Steiner here at Dodgers Stadium as we lead jumps the first pitch Dodgers and Blue Jays Game five of the World Series. I'm Tim Kay's World TI up in Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 3: On your home for the Blue all Season Loft.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and the Toronto Blue Jays. Game three of this three game set here at Dodger Stadium. Overall, Game five of this seven game World Series. First two games in Toronto they split. They have split the first two games here at Dodgers Stadium. After tonight, somebody will have a three to two series lead day off tomorrow at travel day for everybody as they head back north of the border to Toronto, Canada for Game six on Friday nights.
Speaker 2: Yoshinobu Yamamoto schedule to get the.
Speaker 6: Start there in Game six tonight, Game five with Blake Snell on the mound, first pitch coming up at five eight time. Now for the Verizon startup is we're a little bit more than thirty five minutes away from the start of this game five. Now, Verizon, you can lock in your low price for three years, so you can say big visit the Verizon store today. Still to come, We'll get you the keys to the game again. We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. We go high and tight with David Vasse. All right, now we send it back over to the gapin Motors broadcast booth.
Speaker 2: Great to see Charlie Steiner, All.
Speaker 15: Right, Tim, the final home game of the year for the Dodgers. It's the best two out of three in the World Series. Then, one of the things that struck me in games three and four more they were tough wins for the winner, the Dodgers in eighteen innings. Everybody thought the Blue Jays were toasted after losing in the fashion that they did, and they were great. So these are two teams who are tough, and they're certainly not here by accident, but those two games and how difficult they were to win kind of stood out to me.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And if you look at the numbers for the Blue Jays, for example last night, if you look in totality regular season a postseason, fifty fourth time that they come from behind, Dodgers' second best of all the teams in fifty three and they've had to use that in the postseason. So yeah, there's a lot of drainage, if you will. I think, first of all of stamina, no question about it. There's gonna be long flights again tonight. Yes, the day off tomorrow in a workout, but yeah, this is taxing and the other part two is nobody comes in with what you would label as a healthy team after playing one hundred and sixty two games to begin.
Speaker 5: With, best two out of three.
Speaker 15: Now and the winner today will go on to win the World Series two thirds at the time. If you look at history, game five winners in two two series go on and win.
Speaker 8: Yeah, from a players standpoint, you bring that up, you know what they're gonna do. They're gonna say the same thing that I experienced as a player too.
Speaker 5: Those were numbers.
Speaker 8: Then this is now, and both signs are saying, Hey, this is our chance, this is our night. And speaking of tonight, I think this is a huge, huge ballgame in particular, maybe more so for the Dodgers because the Blue Jays they know if they lose tonight, they're going home to a friendly ballpark. The Dodgers, it's going to be on the road. And there's a lot of little differences between playing in the States in Canada in game six, impossibly seven of a World Series anywhere.
Speaker 15: Mentally, the Dodgers are probably in the same predicament that the Blue Jays were last night, getting out for a loss and really having to win.
Speaker 8: Yemp And if we look at the lineup tonight, you know, Dave Roberts has changed it around. Will Smith is going to bat second, Mookie Betz drops now to the three spot, then Freeman. It's not going to be Anti Pahes and center. It's going to be Kk.
Speaker 5: Hernandez in center field.
Speaker 8: Alice call will get the call if you will, and playing left field, and Max Munsey's moved down to the number seven spot. Whatever the lineup is, the Dodgers have to do a better job offensively than what they've done the last couple of games and make better contact. That's been the secret for the Blue Jays during the regular season and postseason.
Speaker 15: And in the World Series. The Dodgers have four farhaders hitting over two hundred. They've got five hitting under two hundred. Keith k Munsey, Edmund Betts, Pies has not even playing tonight.
Speaker 5: Those are all under two hundred.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And if we look in not trying to put it on one person's shoulders at all, but if we look at Mookie Betts the last two games, I looked up some numbers. He's had seven advants with runners in scoring position, He's over seven. He has drawn one walk on top of that, but six fly ball outs. It's it's the manner in which he is making out a little bit of concern. Don't know if he's dropping the back shoulder down. I know that the two games ago, during the game itself, he actually went into the batting cage and was taking some swings. He's trying to iron it out, but it's tough to iron anything out in the World Series.
Speaker 15: Trey Seviss, Of course they've gone for the Blue Jays, and what we'll we see out of Flakes now, who struggled by new.
Speaker 5: Standards in his last time. Yeah, but both guys did.
Speaker 8: If we look at that game, neither one of the really had command of the strike zone. Is Savage did not have real that split finger fast bow that is a very low batting average against. And Blake Snell was saying yesterday he did not have the fastball of command or the change up. The other part two is in that game that he pitched Game one in Toronto against the Blue Jays, the changeup that he did throw, the Blue Jays were not chasing it out of the strike zone as the Brewers did and as the Phillies did. So is this going a different night? I think for both of these starting pitchers. Everybody has a game plan, now can they execute the plan?
Speaker 15: Your old game plan until you get hitting the nose and then.
Speaker 5: Every even change and then you say, ouch, we're.
Speaker 15: Ready for Game number five of the World Series. Two thirds at the time. The winner of this game and two series go on and win the World Series.
Speaker 6: Tim all right, Charlie, thank you very much. We'll see if that holds up with the Dodger win tonight. That's a game plan brought to you by Angel CITYFC. Joined the best fans in the NWSL and be an Angel City FC season ticket member. Yes, ticket for twenty twenty six and tickets on sale.
Speaker 2: And they start as low as twenty two dollars per game.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, learn more at angelscity dot com.
Speaker 6: Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll get you a preview this pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: Nelly and Rick will have the keys to the game. But I'm next. We go high and tight with David vad Say.
Speaker 6: As Blake Snell makes his walk out to the Dodger bullpen, We're getting closer to the first pitch.
Speaker 2: Snell Zilla on the mountain tonight.
Speaker 6: As the Dodgers look to take a three to two series lead, Game five, Dodgers Blue Jays.
Speaker 2: I'm Tim Kasey's.
Speaker 6: World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers in the Blue Jays, Game five of the World Series. Blake Snell on the mound, first pitch coming up in five O eight Dodgers Baseball, brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner the Dodgers Audio Broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night and Shake dot Com and now.
Speaker 1: What will likely be vass a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 2: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 3: This is high and Tuch.
Speaker 13: We're with a world champion.
Speaker 12: Before Game five of the World Series, some would say I must win for the Dodgers. Jake Peevee knows all about delivering in big games. He's doing it for MLB Network during the World Series and throughout the regular season. He's got a beautiful ten with a little, you know, sun drenched beard these days in La Jake, thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 16: It's fun to be in beautiful LA, to be out in and around Dodger Stadium. This place is a special to me. I was always the enemy, but I've got a lot of friends inside that clubhouse, coaching staff. Been a fun series so far, and uh, look a lot of energy around tonight. I don't know that it's a must must win, but you certainly want to go to Toronto and Toronto win one.
Speaker 5: I have to win two.
Speaker 12: Your buddy Dave Roberts, obviously a two time World Series manager, tweak the lineup today? Does that kind of show the rest of the team there's submergency and he obviously wants more from the offense.
Speaker 2: I think that is exactly right.
Speaker 16: It's a subtle message to the boys of hey, we have to shake this up because what we have done, and we're not just gonna stay stagnant and hope it works.
Speaker 2: We're gonna Yeah. It just sends a subtle message.
Speaker 16: And look, dropping Mookie from second to third it's not you know what I mean, or moving guys around.
Speaker 5: It's not drastic. I love Will Smith in the second spot.
Speaker 16: Me and DeRos have been talking about that for the last couple of days. And so it's fun to watch some of the stuff that that you know our brains are around. There's aligned with the front office thinking, managerial thinking. This Dodger office just gotta find a way to be the Dodger office we know, and that's just having your bat, taking it at bat by bat, not chasing pitches, taking your walks, and not looking to be big heroes. It's a different hero most any given night outside Otani.
Speaker 12: All right, Since you are on the same line of thinking as Dave Roberts, having Will Smith move up behind o'time hitting second, what's your thought and why will that benefit the entire lineup?
Speaker 16: I think just Will Smith is in a really nice position right now. He's come back and gotten healthy. His at bats look as good as anybody's at bats. The at bat right behind show heyes, a very important at bat, especially with a game ago, just.
Speaker 13: How they treated him.
Speaker 16: So I think it offers that protection of your most dangerous, best right handed bat, certainly with runners in scoring position, a really nice bat. Will Smith done incredible job of runners a scoring position all year long, right there behind Otani. And again Mookie's not falling far behind, He's just one behind him. So I think it offers the protection you need, puts your best right handed at bat behind Otani one and two, and like I said, it's not just those two moves or that move that's gonna make it go. The Dodgers lineup is like any lineup that gets to this point of season. It's one through nine and the bats you have, and again just taking what the bat gives you and passing it on to the next guy. When the situation arises, you get a ball in the middle of the plate. Okay, count Levers takes your chances. Right now, it seems like guys are trying to do a little too much, and that's normally not what we see from this Dodger offense.
Speaker 12: Maybe Mooki was trying to do too much when they were walking Otani.
Speaker 13: Do you feel like that takes some pressure off of him.
Speaker 5: I think it does. Mookie's gonna be fine.
Speaker 16: Mooki's grind and he's grinded all year long, and we've watched you kind of fine stride, but never.
Speaker 5: Be the Mookie that we know of.
Speaker 16: I can tell you this, I know Moki very personally and knowing well and what he's made of. We played together in Boston there for a short time, and so I can tell you this. He is grinding and trying to find something and show up in a big way. And it's not gonna surprise me one bit if he plays hero in one of these next three games.
Speaker 12: It's interesting he said that because I spoke to some people close to Mooki today. They believe in and outside of this team that he may have a big Game five today.
Speaker 2: I would not surprise me one bit.
Speaker 16: I'm interested to see how the opposing pitcher comes out. You Savage did not really have his split finger, which is how we've seen him really dominate lineups.
Speaker 2: Does just Savage have the split.
Speaker 16: Finger tonight or is it a lot like Game one where he couldn't find it and uses a lot of the slider. If he has it, he couldn't match Blake Stell, who I think is gonna be really really good today. I think Blake's gonna be much better. Blake's really good at home. I expect him to really subdue this Jay's offense and then start holding a breath once we see how Doc deploys the rest of the guys.
Speaker 13: Hey you ready, maybe he might call on you.
Speaker 16: I tell you what as much as the Dodgers were the enemy to be and to think of wearing the Dodger blue to see what this team is now has always been. But truly, you know, a powerhouse dynasty team. You win this World Series, you're starting to talk about dynasty in a big run of I heard Jerry Harrison talk about the bull in some of the our childhood teams. You know, the Dodgers in this collection of talent is a lot like that. You gotta pile up some championships and a few wins away.
Speaker 13: All right, Jake, thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 12: Great to have you out here at Dodgers Stadium, not mowing down the Dodgers lineup instead for MLB Network. We'll catch you on the tube and certainly always great to see you all season long. You're the best.
Speaker 3: Dave.
Speaker 2: Good to see you, buddy. Good luck at you and your Dodgers.
Speaker 13: Thank you. There he is the man, Jake Peebe. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 2: Tim All right, thank you, David.
Speaker 6: Coming up, we'll get you your pitching matchup. Your keys to the game is we lead you op some first pitch in this pivotal game five the twenty twenty five World Series Dodgers and Blue Jays.
Speaker 2: First pitch at five and eighth. I'm Tim Katson.
Speaker 6: This is the world champion in Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Wrongo Casino Dodgers hunting on your home for LA.
Speaker 3: Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Hits the Dodgers in Blue Jays Game five of the World Series from the sold out Dodgers Stadium. Pregame festivity is going on as we speak. First pitch coming up at five away.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the diamond, we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 6: President by your Southern California and Toyota Dealers. Work hard and play hard for a new Tacoma with an I Force turbo charts engine into truck built for the bold.
Speaker 2: See your Toyota dealer today. They make it easy.
Speaker 6: Trey U seven just made it look easy as he's made his way up from a ball to double A to triple A. Made a couple of starts in September at the major league level. And here he is, twenty two year old right hander, first round pick last year by the Blue Jays, and he is a fastball, slider, split finger guy. Dodgers have already seen him in Game one of this World Series. Keep in mind again, making just his eighth start here in the Big leagues. Three in the regular season. This is his fifth start in the postseason. Dodgers saw him in Game one at the Rogers Center. Four innings, two runs, four hits, five strikeouts. Blake Snell on the mound for the Dodgers, thirty two year old leftander making his eleven start in this regular season, five and four the two thirty five r RAY. He was spectacular in September, going two and one with the two to twenty five ERA and thirty four strikeouts and four starts that this is his fifth start here.
Speaker 2: In the postseason. He has faced the Blue Jays.
Speaker 6: Seventeen times in his career, five and five with a two thirty nine ERA. He remember he got the start in Game one. Five innings, five runs, eight hits, four strikeouts. Not the best start from Blake Snell. Certainly room to improve, and he looks.
Speaker 2: To do that tonight as the Dodgers take.
Speaker 6: On the Blue Jays Game five of the World Series. We're fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game are next. I have Tim kais Is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your home for the Blue.
Speaker 3: All season long long.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Blue Jays Game five of the World Series.
Speaker 6: Day off tomorrow that it's off to Toronto for Game six tonight, the pivotal must win game for the Dodgers if they want to go up three to two in this best of seven series. Blake Snell on the mount first pitch and five oh away. Before that, though, we head back over to the Galvin Motors broadcast, but with Stephen Nelson Rick Monday, guys.
Speaker 7: All right, Tim Kates, buckle up. Rick Monday's got some keys to give you. A Game five of the World Series, the Dodgers and Blues Jays tied to two mo. If the Dodgers want to jump ahead three to two, what has to happen?
Speaker 8: I think this applies for both teams. Make the opposing pitcher throw strikes. I say that because if we look at Blake Snell, for example, he went five innings plus three batters into the six It took him one hundred pitches. It was forty two pitches in the first two innings. He said that he had lack of command of the fast boat. He also did not throw the change up, and when he threw the change up, the James did not expand the strike zone as the as the Brewers did, as the Phillies did. And on the flip side of the coin first trace, Yes, Savage, I made a note last Friday night. He did not have the splitter that he could throw for strikes and when he did throw it, the Dodgers were able to lay off of it. The fastball didn't have real good command. He also was high pitched count forty four pitches in the first two innings. The Dodgers took advantage of the walks off of the hard throwing right and to the rookie. So both teams have to be more disciplined and execute. And the question is again either one of these starting pitchers had better outings than they did Friday night when they matched up in Toronto.
Speaker 7: We talked about it earlier, but the Dodgers need to limit the big Blue Jay innings. They saw a four run fourth inning last night to take the lead. Of course, they had that nine spot in the sixth inning of Game one, and you know they've busted out in several different frames. The Dodger offense is yet to and the numbers bear out throughout this postseason that if you out home or your opponent, you're twenty eight and five. But the Dodgers cannot be relying on the long bowl, and Freddy Freeman hinted at that, saying that we have to get back to being Austin grinding, starting pitchers down, working at bats, and passing the baton.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Dodgers have had their share of home runs in this series, but they've also had their share of warning track power, where bulls have just been the you know, lifeless fly balls and turned into outs. Put the ball into play, hit behind the runner, take the open spot in the infielder the outfield as well. Dodgers need a little better plan as far as the execution tonight. They have the talent to do it and a big game tonight.
Speaker 7: See if the lineup change can help the offense, and we'll see if Blake Snell can bounce back after a tough outing in Game one for him Tim Kates. It is the final home game for the Dodgers in twenty twenty five, and they want to win to en sure, they're up three to two, going back to Toronto.
Speaker 6: All right, thank you, Nelly. First pitch coming up. Blake's now on the mound. It's the Dodgers and the Blue Jays, sold out Dodgers, and I'm ready to go as the Dodgers look to go up three games to two in this best of seven series. First pitch is next. Enjoy it. I'm tem cass been Maronco Casino Dodgers on deck although world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network