Speaker 1: This is Bengals Line on the Bengals Radio Network. Pay Corps. Pay Corp is proud to be the official HR software provider of the Cincinnati Bengals, Kettering ew Best Care for the Best Fans, Kettering elth official healthcare provider of US Cincinnati Bengals. This is seven hundred WLW, the home of the best Bengals coverage.
Speaker 2: Let's get it going. Welcome in on this Monday night. It's Bengals Line on the Bengals Radio Network in seven hundred WLW. Lance McAlister Dave Lapham here to wrap up yesterday and wrap up the season on a Monday where we dissect twenty to eighteen finally lost to the Cleveland Browns which closes the season at six and eleven, and today, boy, emotionally, there were moments in that game in the first half, I thought what is going on in this game?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: And then there were moments is Burrow leads him down the field of his chase as I'll be dad, They're going to win this thing. And then Shador Sanders does what I didn't think he was capable of doing and marches him down the field, and I thought, well, it is kind of fitting that all the elements, all the ingredients, all the symptoms of this season through the first sixteen weeks are kind of stirred together, and we saw them all pop up at various times, and unfortunately, a twenty to eighteen loss.
Speaker 4: A twenty to eighteen loss, and Zach basically, I'm loose interpretation here of what he said, but it was like, hey, you get what you earn and deserve, you know, I mean, we never put that game away. We turned the football over, we allowed them to score two defensive touchdowns. Shouldn't have won that football game. And we didn't win the football game as a result of our mistakes, you know, turnovers, not efficient enough on third down. If they didn't turn the football over and they scored on the possessions that they gave them with turnovers, who knows what the final score of this football game could have been. The Cleveland Browns are below average as a football team. There's no question about that. The Cincinnati Bengals had done well. I mean, they were they were looking to finish with a three game winning streak, they were looking to finish Foreign Tune Division and all that went by the boards, and it's their own doing that. They self destructed.
Speaker 2: Here is Zach Taylor with Dave after the game for immediate reaction.
Speaker 5: It's a tough ending for us, you know, to lose a divisional game versus arrival at home, this is challenging, and we had our opportunities and we didn't make it happen.
Speaker 4: You you were in the stadium was pretty well rocking. Uh stadium did a did a pretty nice job. Fans showed up Cleveland. Some Cleveland fans obviously traveled down from Cleveland, but I mean people showed up for this football game. Battle of Ohio. It's always big and it was part two of the Battle of Ohio. What do you think was the biggest reason that fell a little bit short?
Speaker 5: Well, the two turners touchdowns obviously don't don't help, because our defense really did a nice job.
Speaker 6: They kept him to six points.
Speaker 5: Two field goals created turnover and and so that that parts frustrating to have two extra points I go away and have two turnovers for touchdowns.
Speaker 6: That's that's a that's a really tough way to lose.
Speaker 4: This is going to be a statistical anomaly this game. I mean it'll be for the season. I don't think there's anything quite like this football game that anybody else may have experienced this year. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it in the years that I've been, you know, playing in broadcasting for the Cincinnati Bengals. I mean it, it's it's it's a shame. But you know, the thing that it proved to me is what I think is the most impressive thing I take away from from this season is this football team never quits. They have never say die attitude. There are a bunch of good people out there and good football players as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, two things can be true. We can have a disappointing season. I still be really proud of our guys, go to battle with them any day. And we got to work hard this offseason. We got to work hard the soft season. We got to get ourselves back to being meaningful conversations, playing meaningful games, because this hurt. You know, to be done a week eighteen and have to watch everybody else play and be out of it is not in our dna, and we're gonna find like hell to get back in it.
Speaker 4: This is always a tough time because as a head coach, it's the last time you addressed this football team with this coaching staff. There could be changes within the coaching staff, within the player roster, whatever the case may be. I do know from playing experience and that from one year to the next, there's going to be some different faces in the locker room.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's how it goes. You know, That's life in the NFL and doesn't mean I don't enjoy going to battle with all these guys and understanding that things will change that. Everybody knows that, and we'll just keep working through it.
Speaker 4: What do you think is the is the most necessary component for you to add for this football team to be a playoff caliber team.
Speaker 5: Well, I think that's just that's just part of what we'll go through in the offseason and make sure we're putting our best foot forward.
Speaker 4: That's what people don't realize and understand is in the offseason, all the study that goes into evaluating the prior season, evaluating talent that might be available to you in the upcoming draft, looking at free agents in the National Football League that might be available to you. There's a lot that goes on, isn't there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And there's a lot that Well there's a time and place for all that, you know, So we'll decompress, wrap up this season tomorrow with these guys, make sure we finish all that the right way, and then you move to the next phase of you know, getting you FOOTBA team right for twenty twenty six, and we'll spend a lot of time on that.
Speaker 6: Coach.
Speaker 4: As I said, appreciate you here a class act. The Bengals fans are very fortunate, and they know they're fortunate, and they look forward to the information you give them to keep them abreast of their Cincinnati Bengals, their favorite football team. Appreciate your time, sir, Thank you, Dave, Appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Zach Taylor after the game, and boy David winds up being another one score game, and so much of the NFL is one score games. That seems it's a very parody driven close game. That's twelve times over the last two seasons they've been so close to winning a game, but it goes the other way. And that's that's like the merging of life in the NFL. You teeter and if you find a way to find the wind up on this side of it, you make the playoffs most of the time, and when you don't, you wind up. Like we are discussing what what wrong in a season?
Speaker 4: Yeah, and as a result of that, the you know, the Bengals don't make the playoffs again. The fan base is disturbed. There's unrest in the fan base and deservedly so, and they want changes. I mean, obviously, Joe Burrow is playing at a high level and he will continue to be the Bengals quarterback. Jamar Chase will continue to be the primary receiver the one number one receiver, and other side of the of the football field is t Higgins and he's like one a. I mean, he's a one with a lot of franchises in the National Football League. So those three components, I mean, that's that's a nice start to build a football team. But I'll tell you what, if I'm anybody else, I'm not going home into the offseason thinking, yeah, I'll be back. I got this made. I got this football team made. We're going to come back and get after it again. It's a young football team. I think there's some room to grow. There's me down the bone, but I think some of the young football players did develop during the course of the season, for sure, and they got a lot better as the season went on. And again they can improve even more, but I do think there are going to be changes in the personnel. I think the fifty three men roster as such is going to look different next year for sure.
Speaker 2: Dave to update and case fans missed it earlier in the day, The team and Mike Brown did issue a statement earlier today. It reads, in part, we came into the season with high expectations, coming off four straight winning seasons with leaders in place that took us to the super Bowl at two AFC Championship games. We know this season has been frustrating and disappointing. The results fell short of our standards. Our focus is on building a team that can consistently compete at a high level. After thoughtful consideration, I am confident that Duke Tobain and Zach Taylor are the right leaders to guide us forward. He closed by saying, we are taking a hard look at everything we do as we approach this offseason with focused determination to build a championship caliber roster. We are fully committed to delivering results that match the pride, passion, and expectations of this organization and our fans.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 4: I think you know he probably felt some pressure to come out with a statement because of the unrest in the fan base, and like we talked about the social media on Mike is one that hits the social media hard before he goes to bed. But I know, I know Katie is aware of it, Troy's aware of it, the daughters, the girls are aware of it.
Speaker 2: So very important offseason ahead, now, no question.
Speaker 4: I think I think it's a crossroads off season, you know. I mean, I do think because when you have a quarterback like Joe Burrow, you don't want to waste seasons. You don't want to waste opportunities, you know, And I think that that's what the fans are most frustrated about. That You've had a guy who could lead you to a super Bowl and a Super Bowl victory and you've wasted opportunities. So I think that had enough of that. Let's move on, make the changes we need to make, and go out and compete and try to get in the playoffs and win a super Bowl next year. Perfect segue. We move on.
Speaker 2: You'll hear a little bit from QB one, Joe Burrow and more as we dissect yesterday and look ahead of the off season. We roll on with Bengals Line of the Bengals Radio Networking seven hundred WLW back on Bengals Line and the Bengals Radio Networking seven hundred WLW Lance but can Lester Dave Lapham, thanks for hanging out with us on this night where we put the season to rest. Joe Burrow yesterday was twenty nine of thirty nine, two hundred and thirty six yards, three touchdowns, quarterback rating of one oh four point two and was very very reflective of the season completed and what's ahead for this team? Here is QB one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we just beat ourselves today, fall stars, turnovers, Eliot uh mental airs certainly wasn't high level football today.
Speaker 8: Do you think that's.
Speaker 3: Because it was the end of the season.
Speaker 9: If you think it's just sometimes you have those games the opponent make sure.
Speaker 3: It's tough to say. I mean, we certainly can't have the mental areas we have today. Why what caused that? I don't know, I don't know, but I can't happen.
Speaker 10: Do You were able to keep Miles Garrett out until we finally got the one late? How big of the game part of the game plan was keeping him neutralized and out of that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you have you have to if you want to be successful. Against that team. He's the focus of our game plan every time we plan. It's no secret you have to and it's challenging because you have to commit resources to that and that takes away resources from from elsewhere. But for the most part, I thought we were pretty good against him today, But you can see how impactful we have no help on him one time and he gets one, and that.
Speaker 11: He was.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure it is him that put his put his hand up and knocked the ball down on the goal line into an interception. I don't know that for sure because I've watched the tape, but it was his side. It was one of those guys over there. So he's an aware elite player that you have to revolve your game plan around.
Speaker 12: Really asked you a lot about the future.
Speaker 13: I'm sorry for a few future questions.
Speaker 3: Last time we get to talk to.
Speaker 12: You for a little bit.
Speaker 2: How involved do you plan to be?
Speaker 14: I know you said quarterback, but you also know your voice carries a lot of weight here in this organization. How involved do you plan to be in conversations with Mike d zach immediately following the season about what you think and what you want this franchise to do to make sure this off season goes the way that you wanted to.
Speaker 3: We'll have those meetings the next couple of days. I think. I think for the most part, we're all on the same page about what we have to do and where we have to go. Without having the meetings. It's tough to say, but I know they certainly value my opinion. I think I think about things critically. I think that I can provide some insight into things going on in the lockerom and on the field that could help us win, and so I plan to voice some things, just like I do every off season, just to follow up on that.
Speaker 14: I know you're not going to share a lot publicly, but.
Speaker 15: Whatever you're comfortable shared.
Speaker 14: If you had to say, what would you want to see most of this off season done by this organization to help support you, what would you say?
Speaker 16: It is.
Speaker 3: Good. Yeah, it's tough to say right now without talking to two people, and those meetings will be done the next few days. I'm very confident in our coaching staff. I know those guys work really hard to put us in good positions, and you know, I always feel well prepared and putting the best spot to go out and succeed. So from that standpoint, I think we're in a good spot.
Speaker 17: Do you have the same level of confidence in the organization as you did at the beginning.
Speaker 3: Of the year? Higher or lower? We all want to win. We all want to win.
Speaker 17: Do you think you're the championship mindset is being matched organizationally?
Speaker 3: Do you see that?
Speaker 8: Do you feel that?
Speaker 3: I mean, I sure, hope so. I think I know everybody's frustrated right now. So it's hard to there's a there's a there's a disconnect during the season. You know, we we're all down here and focus on the day to day and trying to get better, and it's their job upstairs focus on the big picture and where we need to go and who we need to be. So yeah, I know they're committed to that.
Speaker 9: When you guys were winning division titles and going to the AFC Championship Game and went to Super Bowl fifty six, the big reason why some of your free agents that you guys brought into Nick Stertle, guys, do you think.
Speaker 3: For this organization, Yeah, that's that's that's of paramount importance. I think you have to identify where you're weak and figure out a way to be strong in that area. That's that's the NFL year in and year out. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't, but you have to attack that period with intent to get better.
Speaker 10: Pretty surprised, and Eric got the record exact said the officials hadn't informed him in advance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, was I surprised? No, No, I wasn't surprised. That's typically how they handle those kinds of situations.
Speaker 12: You walk us through that play and that that led on the on a sack what y'all called it, kind of how he won?
Speaker 3: Do you remember, you know, I'm trying. I'm trying to remember if we had It's tough to recall right now, the exact protection ideas on that whether we because certain certain looks you can't you can't have help on on ninety five because of the potential pressure responses that they give. But it's it's tough to it's have to remember the exact call in that situation off the top of my head.
Speaker 12: Going back to some of the earlier questions, you guys are walking now from being a postseason, does that kind of where on you and build maybe a little bit more pressure, you know, on everybody. Let's getting back to that point when he gets further and further away from where y'all expect to be.
Speaker 3: We certainly where we want our need to be, now where I expect to be. So yeah, we have figured out. We got to figure it out.
Speaker 2: Joe Burrow after the game on What's Ahead. We'll hear more from Joe and certainly talk more Joe as we continue on tonight. Thanks for being here. It's Bengals Line of the Bengals Radio Network at seven hundred WLW, and we keep moving along with this Monday Night, A Bengals Line of the Bengals Radio networking seven hundred WLW. Im Liions MacAllister hanging out with Dave Lapham for the final time tonight, sorting through yesterday and sorting through the off season ahead cam sample yesterday six tackles, two sacks, he forced to fumble, and he talked about the afternoon after the games same.
Speaker 18: You know, we wanted to set the tempover. You know, it's the AFC North game. We played them already, we know what type of game it's gonna be. So I think we approach with around mindset, just gotta make the players at the end.
Speaker 7: A lot of young guys on the defensive line today. We saw it for long periods of time. How do you think this group, if you Miles Schamar did as group?
Speaker 18: Yeah, I think we did good. You know, I always gotta watch your tape. It's always you know, stuff can clean up. Not as good as you think, not as bad as you think. So, I mean, I think the energy was, their attention to detail was there. We just got probably small things to clean up to, you know, not even be in that position at the end of the game xact contrad up with the.
Speaker 19: Fact that it was kind of an appropriate ending to this game for the season and what it represented. What do you think you guys can do to make sure that you can finish next year?
Speaker 18: Yeah, I think it's just about playing complementary football at the right times. You know, it's been times this year where the offense has been rolling defense you know, had our issues and or or you know, they have stuff going on. So just playing a complete game as a team, you know, I think that's just the mindset going forward.
Speaker 15: Do you think the pieces are in this locker room You're confident that the pieces are in this locker room to.
Speaker 11: Turn it around?
Speaker 18: Yeah, I mean, yeah, for sure, cause I think we've seen it at times offense been rolling, defense and rolling. So the pieces are here, we just gotta it was just a consistency thing on my uh in my opinion. So I think all the pieces are here for sure.
Speaker 7: What important is it cam when younger players or guys without as much experience, when they get a shot they perform.
Speaker 18: Yeah, you know, uh, it's important. You know, first of all, just for confidence. I mean that's half the battle right there. And then you know, it's a really talented league. So just getting those experience reps, it's just huge for young guys. I remember coming in those reps I got my rookie year, you know, I take them stuff with me. I learned even to this day, So it's just a big experience.
Speaker 13: Then coming in thanks, I'm coming back coming back from a serious injury. How do you feel like the season went for you? And and finishing on this kind of a.
Speaker 18: Note, Yeah, I mean goal WI is definitely not the season I wanted to have. I got big expectations for myself. I think towards the end of the season, playing more, got to put some good stuff on tape. I think I ended well. So I'm just happy to you know, just kind of show them mine. I still can I still can play ball.
Speaker 13: It was a good day for the defense that unfortunately ended with a disappointing finish. How do you to bal how do you balance at emotionally?
Speaker 18: You know, it's tough, man. I mean we're warriors. We go out there, we want to win. We want to do it perfect for four quarters. That's just not the nature of the game. But you know, but that's how we want to you know, we want to be out there with the game in the line, like putting on our shoulders. So I mean next time, you know, net season just going forward, just got to find a way to make those players.
Speaker 13: Man, defense got better, maybe not week by week, but certainly in the second half of the season. How encouraged are you by that?
Speaker 18: You know, it's good. You know, I think I was consistent his messages. I think our defense coaches did the hell of a job. Even the offensive guys. You know, when things aren't going with you know, they're lifting us up and all that so we can come together and really play our style of football.
Speaker 11: So I think it was just huge.
Speaker 13: We're standing right in a stretch of defensive line locker rooms on our lockers rather on either side of you. How encouraged are you by the play of some of your brothers up there in the defensive line.
Speaker 18: Yeah, you know, it's good to see, you know, just most obvious Murph. You know, I know how hard he worked. You know, I've been here since he was a rookie. Just so just seeing his growth is huge. Chamar, just learning week the week, seeing said come in, make some plays.
Speaker 11: So it's just good to see those guys.
Speaker 18: I don't know how much put into it, So when I see the results, I know it's they're happy, and I'm happy for him.
Speaker 13: Appreciate you, Kam, Thank you.
Speaker 2: Appreciate So Cam Sample after a very productive day and David, I think it feels like he's been here a long time, and he realized he's still only twenty six years old. He's coming off that achilles injury that wiped out last season. Boy, if you're looking ahead, you need young guys to keep getting better. And what a way to go into the off season for Cam Sample. And you got to feel good for the way he bounced back from the injury.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree one hundred thousand percent with that, Lance, you know, and he's his talent. He's a physical talent. He has fought the injury bug. You know, just when things start to look like they're falling into place for him, he gets nicked up and he's down and having to go through in some cases surgery and rehab and all that sort of thing. So you know, that'll definitely slow your progress progress down in terms of development, particularly when you're a young player like that. I think, honestly, the two young guys, Miles Murphy and Cam Sample both of them. Miles Murphy's battles injury problems as well, But both of these guys are physically what you want. I mean, they're specimens. They get size, they get strength, they get speed, they get first step quickness, they get all all the things that you're looking for. And I think they could be, you know, a really good tande for the future. Am I saying? If your first pick in the top ten looks like Bengal's gonna have the tenth pick of the draft, and if there's an edge rusher that is still on the board and you're like got to take that guy, take them, take them. You can never have enough. I mean, now you could have a three player rotation in there. And maybe the tenth pick of the draft gets more snaps than the others because he panned out. He's a tenth pick of the draft and he panned out, but there's no guarantees of that, so it'll be it'll be interesting to see what the Bengals do in the draft, but I think they do have a couple of young edge rush guys that could be pretty significant and making major contributions in the future.
Speaker 2: That's some defensive talk. Let's get back into the offense and a guy who wrapped up one heck of a season, Chase Brown, will from him as we continue Bengals On on the Bengals Radio networking seven hundred WLW. Hey, we continue on in this Monday night of Bengals Line and the Bengals Radio Network and seven hundred WLW Lance McAllister hanging out with Dave Lapham Chase Brown. Yesterday thirteen carries seventy two yards the average five point five a carry along of nineteen added in four catches, including another touchdown. He's been a touchdown machine. Here's Chase with Dave after the game.
Speaker 4: What was the difference in how you were playing down the stretch.
Speaker 20: I think we were we were just connecting on all levels. We're keeping Joe up Oline, was doing a great job in the run blocking, We're making big plays down the field, and when that all comes together, that's the Cincinnati Bengals offense. So that's what was going right. And I'm honestly grateful that we were able to find that because that's, like, you know, that's hard to find sometimes, especially with you know, the way that we started and the struggles that were going. In hindsight, it does feel good to, you know, be able to find that.
Speaker 4: We're speaking with Chase Brown, by the way, who's a Bengals running back extraordinary, who had a hell of a year this year. A thousand yards rushing for the first time. What's that feel like?
Speaker 3: Feels great?
Speaker 20: I was ten yards off it last year, got injured in Week sixteen against the Broncos. So it feels good to finish off the year with you know, that statistical measure, but still a lot more that. You know, we want to achieve as a team, so you want to be in the playoffs, you want to make a long postseason push. So that's kind of where I'm at right now. Just sucks that we're not doing that. But I guess it feels good to hit a thousand.
Speaker 4: And really, like you mentioned nine to ninety the year before, almost two thousand yards rushing, what you went over one thousands, So about two thousand yards rushing in a two season stretch. It speaks to consistency, and I think that's the definition of Chase Brown. I think you are as consistent of football players not only does this year's team and this team has had, but that I've ever seen. I mean, you go out and take care of business, try my best to do my job. Yeah, I mean, what where does that come from? Is that just the way you were you were raised, the way you were brought up, the way you approach everything.
Speaker 20: I think as a professional, the most important thing is consistency.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 8: You don't want to go out.
Speaker 20: One year, have a good year, and then come back the next one and flunk it. So I think the most important thing is putting in.
Speaker 21: The work to be able.
Speaker 11: To be consistent.
Speaker 20: So I think the best part, too, is I think the overall quality.
Speaker 3: Of what.
Speaker 20: You know I put out there on tape was much better than last year. So I feel like I took a step forward.
Speaker 3: But it sucks.
Speaker 20: Because you know, you want to you want to play in the postseason. That's kind of probably be how I finish everything here is you want to be in the postseason, and it sucks that we're not there, And you know we'll figure out a way to do that this offseason and come back next You're a better team.
Speaker 4: I know you take great pride in your performance. Take great pride and being a pro get take great pride and being a Cincinnati Bengal. And the thing that, again is the most impressive thing to me is how complete you are as a running back. I mean, you run the ball great, like the numbers show it, but you're also a great receiver of the football. You run great routes. Joe Burrow trust you, respects you. You catch the football, you tuck it away, you don't turn it over. You're a great blitz pickup guy. You stick your nose right in the chest of linebackers and safeties. What in your mind? How proud are you about being a complete football player.
Speaker 20: I think there's what's required here to play running back for the CINCINNTI Bengals. You look at everybody in our room. We're all able to run the ball. We're all able to you know, passertech. We're all able to catch the ball. So that's what we take in pride in take pride in here is you know everything that you can do. You want to be a complete back, but I mean we got we have three complete backs and even the guys on a practice squad could do it as well. So that's that's what we take pride in here as a group, and we're going to keep being that, you know, as long as we're all here in Cincinnati.
Speaker 4: Chase, congratulations on an outstanding season. I know you gave it everything you have with the Cincinnati Bengals and you did a hell of a job.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Dave. What a season for Chase Brown. You look at the numbers as they added up one thousand and nineteen yards on the ground, So cool to get over a thousand yesterday. You every four point four yards of carry, six touchdowns on the ground, sixty nine catches, almost fifteen hundred yards and yards from scrimmage, and a total of eleven touchdowns. What a heck of a season and a next step up in a level climb for Chase Brown.
Speaker 11: No doubt.
Speaker 4: Man. Well, you know when you're talking over eleven hundred yards from you know, rushing and now you throw in. He's he's a factor in the in the passing game, almost another five hundred yards. Eleven touchdowns, man, I mean that's a that's a touchdown maker right there. Chase Brown is a guy that is has been very blessed. He's he's extremely strong. He's he's very interesting in the way he's built. He's five nine five ten, probably two hund two hundred and fifteen pounds, extremely powerful, extremely quick and explosive. His first step quickness is as good as there is in the NFL. And he gets downfield in a hurry. I mean he gets north and south and he puts that foot in the ground and makes that violent cut. He's very strong in his thighs, you know, he does, works his quads, hamstrings, his cass he works everything very very hard, and he's durable. You know. He does doesn't miss games, doesn't misplays, and he can do everything. He can run it. He can run with Howard from the speed he can catch it. He runs good routes out of the backfield. Joe Burrow trusts him and respects him as a receiver. He catches the ball well, puts it away, doesn't drop. It doesn't let people punch it out of there and turn over in that regard. But and then the big thing is a lot of guys that can do the things that he does in terms of running and catching. They don't want to block. You know that that's part of the game that is foreign to them. Chase brown Man, he.
Speaker 2: Likes it.
Speaker 4: He likes the competition. He sticks his nose right in the chest of linebackers and safeties and wants to do battle with them.
Speaker 2: Still ahead the offensive line, we go up front, Ted Carris is we roll on with Bengals Line on the Bengals Radio Network and seven hundred WLW Dallas Stretch.
Speaker 22: We go.
Speaker 2: We're flying through our first of three big hours tonight at this season wrap up a Bengals Line of the Bengals Radio Network and seven hundred WLW. Let's go upfront offensive Line, Ted Carris after the game, on the performance yesterday, the season, and what's a hit for this tea.
Speaker 22: If you had to draw up what the off season looks like in terms of what you want the franchise to do to try and help support you guys and help you get back into the postseason next year, what would you say that looks like.
Speaker 23: Well, I would say that this season is the season of the would be Kings. We come up a play short in about seven games and that's reality in the NFL six and eleven, So it's the would be year. Very grateful for all my teammates and coaches and didn't win the Battle of Ohio today.
Speaker 24: How much belief you just mentioned your coaches. How much belief do you have in this coaching staff and what gives you that belief?
Speaker 23: I love this coaching staff, I love this program, This organization does a great job.
Speaker 8: We have not won enough games these.
Speaker 23: Last three years. That falls on everybody, and I'm excited to run it back in twenty six.
Speaker 15: Do you think that's worthwhile doing at this point?
Speaker 11: Ted?
Speaker 15: Because you you're aware, you're a veteran that football, all sports are games have changed, things are going to change. Do you think there needs to be changed though?
Speaker 11: In this organization?
Speaker 6: Why you approach change?
Speaker 22: Man?
Speaker 23: I mean, like I said earlier, I mean, we're we're we're one play away, jays. I mean, it's it is what it is. It's that's this is the NFL. So you have to finish the game. And we've gosh, I've never been a part of so many drives to win and then it doesn't.
Speaker 8: I mean, that's just how the ball rolls.
Speaker 23: So no, I'm not gonna sit here and say any anything needs to be changed.
Speaker 8: We need to win ball games.
Speaker 25: Had you touched on it twice there about the widow kind of Kings or however you said it, Zach said that it was fitting the way this game came down and the way you guys lost at the end of season.
Speaker 8: How do you change that stigma.
Speaker 16: Going forward if you don't change other things.
Speaker 23: Well, we can't them score twice on defense, I mean that's our defense was playing unbelievable today, shutting them down and they had twenty yards in the first half and we're up, So that's ridiculous. Yeah, we gotta finish out games. We gotta be more productive. I thought we had.
Speaker 8: I mean stats are great, score doesn't. So that's it is what it is.
Speaker 23: And now I'm gonna sit here and pontificate on what i think needs to be changed. I think we need to everyone needs a self assess and come back grady to go.
Speaker 25: In April, speaking of self assessment, Joe burrow I said multiple times this year that this is the best offensive line he's played with.
Speaker 8: Why were you guys able to be more successful this season?
Speaker 23: I think we drilled correctly, We got a hand a hand in the run game. Guys bought in personal relationships.
Speaker 11: Everyone.
Speaker 23: I've never had so much buy in on personal relationships and friendships and going hard and not relaxing until now.
Speaker 11: Now you can.
Speaker 23: Relax at four thirty on a Sunday afternoon. We're not on until eight months, really, so I'm really proud of this offensive line.
Speaker 8: I think we have some really great young guys.
Speaker 23: I think Dalton Reisner is an absolute perfect fit for the Cincinnati Bengals offense, and I hope to see him back next year.
Speaker 24: How important would that be if he resigns?
Speaker 23: Excuse man. I think he's a great player, he's a great man. He's another veteran presence in a o line room and in an offense that can feel at times exasperated for a guard. It's very challenging if you watch the film where our guards are one on one a lot, and he's a one on one specialist. So I'm really proud of his season and excited to see what happens because he played he played his balls off this year.
Speaker 24: I'll surprised that he's bounced around now that you've played a season with him, and that he's bounced around like he has around this league, given how talented you just said, he.
Speaker 8: Is very surprised.
Speaker 23: I think we've had kind of a similar career path where we have a lot of one year deals. I mean, he's had to be on the street a little bit longer sometimes and after meeting him, Yeah, I don't know when this it's this league, so it's a business. But I would say, not only did he meet expectations, he exceeded everything I thought who he was as a man, as a player.
Speaker 8: So he's a huge part of.
Speaker 11: The OWL line room.
Speaker 8: So I'll hope to see him back.
Speaker 2: Ted Carris after the game and Dave, we talked throughout the season about the importance of Ted Kerris, his presence not just in the huddle and on that offensive line, but in the in the locker room. And I wonder also as a former offensive lineman, how big has it been that that Ted also has Fairchild and Reisner who've kind of solidified the guard positions on each side of him.
Speaker 4: How big is that? Yeah, it is big. You know, and the one thing that's one thing that you look for. I remember as a player, you know, playing next to Anthony Munos was easy because he was the greatest player to ever played, first first ballot Hall of Famer, you know. I mean, he's he's wearing that gold jacket and he's a great ambassador for the Pro Football Hall of Fame up there in Canton. Ohiwe But I mean when you start playing next to each other for a good number of snaps, it's like you know exactly what the other guy's going to do. How's he going to handle that end penetrating tackle, twisting behind, how's he going to handle the opposite tackle penetrating and twisting inside? And those kind of things are very very important to be able to be on the same page and not questioning and not have any doubts, say, how is he going to do that? Now, all of a sudden, you're too late. I mean, the stunt to twist is unfolded, and you're you're chasing, you're chasing it, and you're chasing it right to the quarterback who's getting drilled and getting thrown to the ground. So I think that Ted is very, very gifted in that area in terms of coordinating and communicating up front with the offensive line. He's brilliant in terms of doesn't make assignment mistakes, and that's that's always key. You don't want to be blocking the wrong people or and he makes the calls. You don't want to make calls that dictate having people block the wrong people. And Joe Burrow Ted krrass, Joe Borrow thinks Ted Carrass is finally important to this football team.
Speaker 2: Good stuff one hour in the books, More good stuff to come. Jamar Chase headlines our number two. That is next Bengals line on the Bengals Radio Network seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: This is Bengals line on the Bengals Radio network. Pay Corps pay Chorus proud to be the official HR software provider of the Cincinnati Bengals, kettering El, Best Care for the Best Fans, kettering El, official healthcare provider of US Cincinnati Bengals. This is seven hundred WLW, the home of the best Bengals coverage.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go our number two unfolding on a busy Monday night, a Bengals line of the Bengals Radio network in seven hundred WLW, sorted through the first hour with Zach Taylor and Joe Burrow and cam Sample, Chase Brown and Ted Carris Let's lead off our two with Jamar Chase Yesterday targeted ten times, had eight catches ninety six yards in a touchdowns. In the season wrap up, he held court after the game here, or is Jamar Chase?
Speaker 26: You gotta be disciplined on on the penalties like we had today?
Speaker 16: You know, just execute.
Speaker 26: That's the biggest thing, Exeque when we have the opportunities and our defense gotta make place.
Speaker 19: How disappointed are you with this season?
Speaker 26: It's disappointing the way how I go. Hell yeah, of course, yeah, it's disappointing the way how it went. But you know it's it's everything happens for a reason at the end of the day, and you gotta sit here and just think about the season, how I win and just see what to see what we're wrong.
Speaker 23: Zach was asked about message to the team right locking him and he said, this lost wasting for you guys this year.
Speaker 16: What are your thoughts on You said it was fitting? Yeah, well, what does that mean?
Speaker 8: Like if that's what we had?
Speaker 24: Zach go to sac said and it was fitting, like the way you guys lost the game.
Speaker 16: I don't even know what that means.
Speaker 27: If I'm being honestly, it ain't appropriate.
Speaker 19: He he thought that this was an appropriate way for the season, and given how you guys, Yeah, and you lost in game.
Speaker 11: See you couldn't finish.
Speaker 16: I gotta keep that question with him. It's not that's not something for me.
Speaker 13: You don't sound like you're happy with that description. I don't like losing.
Speaker 26: I'm I'm I don't know how this works, you know what I'm saying. Maybe that's probably say that for a draft pick or something, but I don't.
Speaker 8: Know how that works. So i'm'a stay in my lane.
Speaker 16: How happy are you that this season has finally come.
Speaker 2: To a hand.
Speaker 7: It's been at must less brutal season.
Speaker 26: Uh, it's been a roller coaster I I I think I'm just when I was happy about just getting through the season and not being injured.
Speaker 11: I think that's the biggest thing for me.
Speaker 19: When you reflect on this season tomorrow, what will you take from it personally?
Speaker 20: I don't know.
Speaker 16: I didn't really take nothing personal from me, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I was this year.
Speaker 26: I didn't put myself first, trying to be a team leader and just be a captain and stuff like that.
Speaker 16: So I didn't I didn't put myself.
Speaker 11: First at all.
Speaker 16: Bre you tomorrow.
Speaker 28: What's the process looked like over the next few weeks a month or so, now that the season is over.
Speaker 26: I'm gonna go to cant Coon like everybody told me to do, and I'm gonna enjoy it myself cause I'm I don't have nothing else to do, so taking myself there, does Zach and this.
Speaker 18: Coaching staff still have your unmost confidence.
Speaker 26: I am very confident in myself. I'm confident and the places they call for me to get open.
Speaker 7: Are you guys who watches the playoffs and Super Bowl?
Speaker 28: Or do you just have to get totally get out of football right at this.
Speaker 26: Point, I watched it a little bit. I I get mad watching it, but I still watch it a little bit.
Speaker 7: You've known now for a few weeks that you guys aren't call the playoffs.
Speaker 8: It's since like it has for a few weeks.
Speaker 3: Is it going to motivate or drive.
Speaker 13: The team so you can't have this again next year?
Speaker 16: I mean everybody should be motivated.
Speaker 26: Who's been on the team the past three years, they know how it's been they know what they do.
Speaker 16: At the end of the day. If I can't.
Speaker 26: If I'm gonna say this, if if you're going into the off season you're not motivated from what happened this past season, shouldn't be on the team.
Speaker 16: You shouldn't play football, period. So that's my that's not saying about that.
Speaker 19: Do you think that's the same same can be said to the front office and ownership that they have to be motivated, they have.
Speaker 15: To be willing to do things to change as well.
Speaker 19: Oh yeah, yeah, can you have any energy, any suggestions, any clue not doing that right now?
Speaker 7: Are you happy with your final undress? They're big again this year, one hundred and twenty five.
Speaker 13: Catches, fourteen hundred yards.
Speaker 16: I mean catches that I have to Oh, I was too off. Yeah, man, I'm guess I'm satisfied. I was really wanted to score my last last game, so I mean, I'm fine.
Speaker 6: I'm cool.
Speaker 13: It's a good note to end the season and what you thought was a team winning touchdown.
Speaker 11: Ken m m.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 16: But I wasn't even too happy after, like I was.
Speaker 21: There was a lot going on on my part.
Speaker 16: But you know, as long as I was still there for the team and had my energy up that I'm.
Speaker 15: Fine, You're I'm sure what was going on.
Speaker 16: I was a little angry.
Speaker 26: I was pissed why. I can't say, I'm not saying why, but I was pissed though, for for sure, I was pissed.
Speaker 8: For sure, there were some people who were upset.
Speaker 7: You seem to be one pointing down the field when the Browns were celebrating the sound.
Speaker 16: Yeah, I don't think they can do that.
Speaker 26: I never knew you could let the whole team get on your field. That's like, that's like me catching the fifth pass and the whole team run on the field.
Speaker 16: We can get flat. We can't.
Speaker 26: You can't do that, you know what I'm saying. But congrassing him and everything, but you know, they got to call it flagg unplay.
Speaker 29: Like you guys have trying to go in the game.
Speaker 16: We're trying to hurry up too. We couldn't even hurry up. The rest was looking at us like we did something wrong the whole time.
Speaker 11: So it was I don't know what was going.
Speaker 6: On on our player.
Speaker 7: I can't think you had any kind of explanation of why it stopped it?
Speaker 16: Um No, I mean, do you interview the refs.
Speaker 7: Apparently, Zach said the rest told him after the fact that they had decided they were going to stop the game, but never in full, which you mean stops the game, stop the game to let them celebrate them.
Speaker 16: They better stop the game when I do something on my background.
Speaker 6: That's all I got to say about.
Speaker 2: That, Dave. Jamar Chase winds up with one hundred and twenty five catches for fourteen hundred and twelve yards and eight touchdowns. Let's consider those are incredible numbers. He missed one game, obviously because of the suspension. He was part of the stretch where it was really rough for Jake Browning for three weeks when he took over, and through all of that, Jamar Chase has one hundred and twenty five catches. I mean, I think all season long, we knew week to week how good he is. When the season ends and you look and see one hundred and twenty five after all of that, unbelievable it is.
Speaker 11: It's crazy.
Speaker 4: I mean, one hundred and twenty five catches, twelve hundred plus yards, eight touchdowns.
Speaker 8: He is.
Speaker 4: He's a machine.
Speaker 11: I mean, he really is.
Speaker 4: I mean, Jamar Chase is in my mind, the best player, well, I'd say, if not the best player, he's in the top three to five. But the best wide receiver in the National Football League bar none, and I think the best wide receiver in Bengals history. He is an athletic freak, a freak azoid. His size speed ratio is off the charts. He's got unbelievable upper body strength that's in the weight room. He loves to lift man. I mean, I think for a wide receiver, the wide receiver position, they're kind of allergic because the weight and a lot of them, you know, they don't want to get in there and get after it. But Joey Bosse does a good job, and Jamar Chase loves it. He loved it at LSU. He was a big weight room guy at LSU free weights. Same here at the Cincinnati Bengals. T Higgins has got this cuts from the same cloth. He likes to go in there and lift weights and he's a big, long, strong body guy. So but Joe Borrow and Jamar Chase, they've done it since the LSU days, and they know each other cold. I mean, Joe knows exactly what Jamar is thinking. Joe knows when he throws the football, Jamar is going to be where he's supposed to be when he's supposed to be there, doing what he's supposed to do. And that trust and respect, like we talked about before, is huge. And I think I mean Jamar triple crown guy. He didn't get the triple Crown, fell short of that in terms of the touchdown catches, but this guy is going to put up ridiculous numbers, stupid numbers for a long time because he takes care of himself.
Speaker 2: Anytime, you've got a wide receiver room with Jamar, Chase and t Higgins your set, but you can always use that third element, and that's been Andre, that's been Mitch Tinsley. If there's a next level of probably consistency for each of those who are maybe an outside element brought in, they I think they could stand to get even more production from that third wide receiver.
Speaker 4: I agree on hundred thousand percent with you, Lance, and I think you know they'll probably look at the draft and see what might be there and is a little bit better than what we're talking about, and then you throw the tight end position. Kasiki is such a web. I think Kasicki is probably the third option a lot of times for Joe, you know, I mean, I think he's if the first two are taken away and they're say they're playing you know, cover two, and they're rolling both safeties out to the wide receivers to take them away. Mike is SICKI in the middle of football field's not a bad option for Joe Burrow and he likes that. And Gasicki's big, tall, you know, like a you know, a beacon light, like a lighthouse out in the middle of the ocean. And he's got He's very athletic, he is flexible, he's tall, he's got length, he's got very strong hands. He puts the football away, runs excellent routes. The Bengals are blessed to have him at the tight end position. They're blessed really with the weapons that they have for Joe Borrow to throw to. And it's smart to have weapons for Joe Burrow to throw to, because he's the best in the business.
Speaker 2: Perfect segue is still ahead into more on the tight end position. A guy who kind of flies under the radar, just does his job. Drew sample. As we continue with Bengals line and the Bengals Radio Network, and seven hundred WLW. Hey, welcome back in on Bengals Line and this Monday night, we're picking up the pieces from yesterday and putting the pieces together for the off season and what's ahead for this team on Bengals Line and the Bengals Radio Network in seven hundred wil on Lance Pocallister, he is Dave Lapham. Let's get perspective a little bit deeper on the tight end side of things. Drew Sample after the game, talked with Dan Horde and the media.
Speaker 13: You guys didn't let Miles Garrett dominate the game. You had a lot to do with that. The Miles Garrett factor is real, though. Can you talk about just how he impacts the offense?
Speaker 30: Yeah, I mean, obviously he if it's someone you're not, he's someone that if you're not aware of on every play, he can you know, change the game. And so you know, being a divisional opponent, we obviously as seem twice here, so you know each game is a challenge with that and we understand you know, the game record that he is and that he can be and I think you've seen that, you know, with his sack numbers everything throughout the season, we'll have you know, they'll play teams that maybe don't see him as much. Andy'll have you know, two three, four sacks or whatever it may be. So they don't you know, sometimes they don't understand like how big of a you know record he could be. So I mean that's that's a part of the plan. They have a really good defense, you know, they they challenge you. They have good front, seven good dbs.
Speaker 11: You know, we've.
Speaker 30: Typically battled battled with them over the years, and we've been fortunate to come out on top the last you know, I think four or five times.
Speaker 11: You know, they're able to get us this week.
Speaker 13: You guys throw a lot of short passes, check downs. You caught a few of those. I assume you have to do that against Cleveland because of that threat. If you don't, he is going to get to your quarterback.
Speaker 11: Right Yeah.
Speaker 30: I mean I think some of that too is you know, them trying to you know, they play out a man mixing coverages, so you're trying to toe the line of like, hey, let's go let our guys win, but also understanding that they're you know, and Joe does a great job of that, having kind of that internal clock and you know, going through the progression the way he needs to go through it to you know, look for our playmakers and then if nothing's there, knowing that he's either got to get out or dump it down to the running back, tight end, whoever it may be. And I thought, you know, he did a good job of that really the whole game. You know, was able to kind of spin out a one early maybe, and then you know, just kind of wasn't able to get out on the one that he did get.
Speaker 13: The outcome is obviously disappointing, But as an offense and you end the season with what you think at least is a game winning drive, is that a good note to end on.
Speaker 30: I mean, obviously we didn't win, so that's obviously, you know, it's tough. And then when you look at you know, I think it was you know, we gave him fourteen points, So I mean, yes, there are things within the game obviously where you know, you bounce back and you go down and you know, you go up at the end. Obviously that's great, but you know there's there's definitely just a lot of stuff to clean up from our end, and and you know, I thought the defense played well for you know, ninety percent of the game, so I think, I mean that they scored what ten points without our fourteen or whatever.
Speaker 13: It was six points on offense for them.
Speaker 30: Right, So you know, I think that's definitely something that we got to look at and how we can fix those things because obviously that's happened to us a couple of times this year. But yeah, I mean, there was definitely some good drives in there. There was some good stuff and we got into a rhythm, but the turnovers killed us.
Speaker 13: For the coaching staff and sideline appeared to be incensed when they were allowed to celebrate after my one sack. You're not supposed to be allowed to come charging off the sideline, did you guys you know, want to snap the ball and move there.
Speaker 30: I mean, it's something where initially you just see, got a lot of guys on the field, so it's all, let's stop the ball, and then you kind of see I guess they're celebrating, and then I guess they're letting them celebrate. So I mean, obviously it's a great accomplishment, but I don't, you know, I'm not gonna I'm not gonna comment on that. I mean, I you know, obviously that's a you know, big record for him. We were trying to obviously not let him get the record, and he got it. So I guess if we didn't want that, we you know, I don't know. He's a good player and obviously had a great year.
Speaker 13: You guys don't want to be in this position next year, and there's talent on this team that's gonna put you in a position to have a great season next year. What's the key? What what must you guys do better to avoid missing the playoffs next year?
Speaker 11: It's your question.
Speaker 30: I mean, off the top of my head, I think, uh, I think just being maybe more consistent, just whether that's throughout games, throughout drives, just you know, we went through some really great stretches, were in rhythm and we're you know, moving the ball well and everything's kind of clicking. And there was obviously games this year too where it was hard to get things going, whether that was you know, it's hard to get the run game going, or it was hard to get the pass game, you know, just a collection of things. At one point it felt like in our games that we lost or played poorly, and that was kind of the The thing is just not being able to get in a rhythm and be consistent, and even being consistent game to game. You know, obviously the NFL is tough and teams play us sometimes differently than than other teams. So but I think I think that just off the top of my head, just trying to be more consistent and trying to you know, obviously you always want to limit you know, negative plays, penalties, turnovers, things of that nature, and if I like in some of our losses that those were kind of things that bubbled up a little bit. So I mean, I'm sure everyone, you know, everyone hates the taste in our mouth. You know, obviously we had a good little two games, lost this game, and but we're nowhere near where we want to be. And so I think, you know, everyone's gonna look in the mirror first, you know, coaches, players, everyone, and then you know, we'll come back and reset and come back in the offseason and kind of figure out what needs to be.
Speaker 13: Done, enjoy some R and R and some family time.
Speaker 11: We'll see it.
Speaker 13: Ot s.
Speaker 11: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 2: Drew Sample after the game, and Dave I said it leading into leading into the end of the last segment. Drew Sample is a guy who maybe will never be an All pro, won't put up like large numbers in a fantasy football tight end. But he's one of those guys, it seems like, and every team needs these guys. You can just plug him in there and not have to worry about him. He's gonna do the things that need to be done. They won't be headline grabbing or spectacular, but when they aren't done, you say, man, we really missed that. He just gets the He's one of those little thing, lunch bucket type of guys. That's a long way of saying I have much appreciation for him.
Speaker 4: You know, I think I think you've hit on it, and that's the bottom line. I think he's he's one of those guys that that does the dirty work and James Casey loves him, man, because James Casey was that kind of guy. You know, he he did, he did the dirty work and whatever the team needs. You need a guy to line up at the end line of scrimmage and be basically a third offensive tackle. That's Drew Sample. You have a guy that you want to line up at full back and run, uh you know, almost an eye formation with isolation blocker up front of the tailback, that's Drew Sample. You want a guy that you can motion from one side of the formation to the other from the tight end positions, Drew Sample. Now put him out in the slot and out as a as a wide out, an excerasi.
Speaker 8: That's not his strength.
Speaker 4: He can do it, but that's not his Uh, that's not basically what Drew Sample is all about.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 4: That's for Gasiki and others. But I do think that that Drew Sample is has a definite role on this football team. And I think he's one of those guys that he's an unsung hero. Bottom line, I think his teammates would say that, yeah, you know, we're not the same football team without Drew Sample.
Speaker 2: He he's part of a room. And we mentioned Mike is sicky and Tanner Hudson is Yeah.
Speaker 28: Right.
Speaker 2: I felt bad yesterday. On a final note, I hate it ended on a negative note. No Offan fumbled for the third time this year, and each one has been returned for a touchdown, which seems like a statistical impossibility.
Speaker 4: That's mind blowing.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 4: It's mind blowing. It's it's almost like, stay away from Noah Man. He's got some.
Speaker 11: Bad juju going on.
Speaker 4: You know, it's like jeez, every time it's on the ground, he's picked up and going the other way for a touchdown. That is uh, that's crazy. No offense, he doesn't he doesn't want to be that answer that guy that said the answer to the trivia question, you know, because yes, that is that's a good trivia question.
Speaker 2: No doubt. All right, hang tag more to get to we'll hear from Joseph Osai as we continue Bengals Line of the Bengals Radio Network in seven hundred WLW. We keep moving right along on this Monday night of Bengals Line at the Bengals Radio networking seven hundred double l W. Wait, flip the tweet offense and defense. Let's go back to the defense and to the edge. Wayne box Miller in the pregame made Joseph o side part of his conversation. He wrapped up unfortunately with an injury yesterday and I playing, but wrapped up a heck of a season overall with five sacks in a season that takes him into free agency. Here is Joseph Osai on the season with the Wayne box Miller.
Speaker 31: I got to tell you, man, I've been looking at the pictures online and the fashion and that the dapper approach.
Speaker 29: Talk to me about that style.
Speaker 21: Man, Man, I appreciate that. There's definitely a lot of I thought that goes into that. With my team, you know, I got a tailor and then I got a couple of guys in New York that keep me, keep me fresh, you know what I mean. So, yeah, it's a preparation work. We're doing the off season, so there's not a lot to do in during the season. And then during the season, my Taylor will pop down every now and then.
Speaker 11: His name is Pharaoh.
Speaker 21: Actually plugging him right now, you know, I want to get my guy some recognition. His name is Pharaoh, and he'll pop down even now and during the season and checking with me, clean up some measurements and and just to make sure we're on the same page with the with the outfits.
Speaker 31: Is that something that maybe is a post career type move to get into this, you.
Speaker 29: Know what I mean?
Speaker 6: You know what I mean?
Speaker 29: It could it could be, It could be.
Speaker 21: You know, there's there's obviously, uh the blessing that one of the many blessings of this game is when you get out the game, you have so many different avenues to you could you could you could tap into uh, based on the connections and the things you dapped into when when you were playing. So that's that's could be one of them. We'll have to see circumstances, situation. If I'm raising the family, it'll be a little tougher, you know, as if if I wasn't. So uh, we'll see, we'll see. It's it's I'm definitely keeping that door open.
Speaker 28: Though.
Speaker 31: One thing I remember about you when you got here is talk about the relationship with your sister and the house.
Speaker 29: She inspired you, and is.
Speaker 31: She still sending you quotes and keeping you going now and there?
Speaker 21: And now see she's expanding that to the to the family because you know, my little brothers, one of them was in the CFL he just got done. And then in case she just got picked up by the dolphin. She was saying, Bible coats in there and she was saying all that. And she even I think last year she wrote on my mirror with some posted you know, some affirmations.
Speaker 11: All that stuff.
Speaker 21: So she's she's great, man.
Speaker 29: She is talk about how to helps you.
Speaker 31: I mean, you know, you're a faithfeeled person. I'm a faithfuled person and having that information reminders that you're not walking this walk along, walking.
Speaker 21: Along, and one of them just say it says open your eyes and realize that God has not left you. He has been with you this whole time. So you know, just again, when when you're down and you can know those words by heart, but it's different when you when you're down and then you're in the bathroom and you read it, or when you're down and you look on your phone and you read it. So I'm super big on mentor I know DJ DJ has even helped me take it a step further this year with meditation, you know, and just positively speaking to yourself because even though you're not saying it out loud in your head, you're speaking to yourself all day every day, so you hear yourself the most. So why not be positive? Why not let that voice ahead all day be positive? And those affirmations of speaking speaking positivity. Just I don't know how to explain it. I don't know the science behind it.
Speaker 29: But it works to works.
Speaker 21: Yeah, sure, yeah we do, so it works. And just again, I would say another thing, who is having a partner doesn't have to be an intimate partner, but just having a partner that you can share that with and keep keep keep each other accountable, uplift each other. Because you're not supposed to have the answers twenty four seven, three hundred and sixty five days a year. You're not supposed to have the answers all the time. But someone on a day where you're feeling down could get you up. Or in a day when someone else is feeling now, you can get them up. And you know what I mean, just human beings, we're not meant to be alone. We're meant to have a little congregation and little community. So find find that community. Find find one or two people that you can be in community with.
Speaker 31: All right, I do something new this year called the Gratitude Games. All that year, three people you're grateful for, two things that have impacted you, and then one thing you're hopeful for. So if I say three people that impacted you, who would that be?
Speaker 21: Three people that impacted me? I'm just gonna go ahead and say, with my NFL career, three people that have impacted me. I would go with Trey Hendrickson, with the way he's took me under his wing. I would go with Sam Hubbard. He showed me how to come in day in and day out and and give give the same effort. Thirdly, I would say Coach Duff, my coach last year. He's just the positivity he brought every day, the affirmations you brought every day, the the the consistency he brought every day, you know. And I can go on. I can go with bj I can go with cam the community of cam Sample. I can go with my friends down in downtown at Frankie Ships and Savories, you.
Speaker 11: Know, I can.
Speaker 21: I can go on. And I can go with my girlfriend and go with my sister and my family.
Speaker 11: So I got a village.
Speaker 29: I got a village.
Speaker 21: And that's why I'm so thankful and grateful to God, you know, for this blessing and my walk is though it's been tough, you know, Like I said, it's helped me build a village of people that can that could be there with me.
Speaker 29: Yea, let's talk about two things that have impacted you.
Speaker 21: Two things that impacted me.
Speaker 11: I would say my one, my injuries. Good.
Speaker 21: You know, anything good or bad once you're a child of God, it is for your good, it's for your betterment.
Speaker 11: I think in the Bible.
Speaker 21: Don't quote me, uh specifically, but it says it says, be thankful when you when you face.
Speaker 31: Be thankful James one, Chapter one, consider yourself, you know what I mean, when you go through times.
Speaker 21: So I really try to sit with that and all my everything I go through, my injuries, my my whatever in life that impacts me in in a way because it helps me grow, like I come out of it stronger, I would say that. And just my new relationship, you know, I just I'm recently, I recently you know I have a girlfriend. Now, you know, I try I call my wife.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 21: Quote me, unquote me, I don't know, Uh, I call it my wife. But because that's truly what it is. We the way we are involved in each other's life and how we how she builds me up, How she builds me up, how she how she's willing to stand in that gap for me, how she's willing to make sure I'm okay with being vulnerable with her, you know what I mean, and then at times helping me learn how to be stronger for her. So she's been a huge impact in my life. And that's why right now, which is that's my girlfriend, but I call it my wife because she has all the attributes.
Speaker 11: She's not waiting till just.
Speaker 21: A ring on it to to to do the things that really matter, you know what I mean. So she's been a really big impact. And yeah, that's.
Speaker 29: It all right, bro. Always appreciation man, man, thank.
Speaker 11: You for having me.
Speaker 2: Joseph Osai summing up his season and Dave, he's twenty eight, twenty six. He's one of those guys who feels like he's been around for a long time. He's four years in and he still is only twenty five years old. It's gonna be a free agent and boy, you talk about young and productive, and it's gonna be an interesting He's gonna he's gonna command a lot of money, and if he were like an outside player, I think the Bengals would be looking at him saying we need somebody like that. So it makes for an interesting dynamic this offseason. I agree with you, Lancey right on the money right there. I mean, he's he's going to get a lot of interest. I mean a lot of teams are going to be contacting his representation, uh to see what what the deal is. But I think Joseph aside really likes Jerry Montgomery, the defensive line coach. He likes Cincinnati, he likes Zach Taylor. He likes the way the organization is being run. He likes the way he's being treated. And you look at it. Joseph A Side, Miles Murphy can sample. We haven't talked about Shamar Stewart. I mean, here's another young stud that's you know, got a lot of meat on the bone left. I mean, he he's far from the finished product. Isaiah Fosky. You know they they just brought in. He's he's on you know, a fifty three men roster guy. Will he be one of the guys next year, particularly if they draft a guy maybe not Cedric Johnson. I mean, he's developing still, he's showing, he's making plays. They do have some young talent that they can grow and develop on the edge, and that's an area that every NFL franchise wants to have a lot of depth at that defensive end position because it's one of the most important positions on the whole football team. Boy, it's such a great point about depth because if you can pull i know, whatever it is, five or six snaps away from a number of guys and give them to another guy and that just lightens your load a little bit. You're fresher late in the game.
Speaker 4: It's huge, it is, and you know, when you're not on the field and you're not getting hurt, you know, it removes that injury factor. And when you are on the field rested a little bit more because of snap's being alleviated, that minimizes the injury risk as well. So you can never have enough good edge rushers.
Speaker 2: When we continue back up front on the other side of the ball, or Land No Brown on the day and the season and the off season ahead as we continue, He's Dave lapham My Blaance Pacallister. Hey, thanks for hanging out with us tonight, Bengals Line on the Bengals Radio Network and seven hundred doublw Hey. We are moving right along on this Monday night. We do it every Monday, our final Monday of the year. Unfortunately, would have loved to playoff run, but it is what it is. So we break down the season it was, and part of that is Orlando Brown on the performance of the offensive line. Orlando after the game met with the media with his two kids on his lap and talked about what took place this season and what's ahead.
Speaker 32: You know, I hate that obviously I was a guy that yeah he broke the record on but yeah, yeah, I feel like overall, man, we had a good plan.
Speaker 7: I mean, big guys, I probably gone out of so many times in year career.
Speaker 8: That's got to be a guy you have a lot.
Speaker 11: Of man, I mean, oh yeah, a ton of respect. Man.
Speaker 32: You know, it's it's it's weird. You know, we we graduated high school the same year.
Speaker 11: You were, same age.
Speaker 32: He came out of college a year but just being in Baltimore, Casey and here, I mean, man, I might have played him twelve times.
Speaker 11: This might have been my twelfth time planer. Man, So a toend of respect for him.
Speaker 32: You know, he's a guy that works hard, does everything the right way, and he's great.
Speaker 8: Us saying what did you think of what happened?
Speaker 7: Because I don't think anybody knew that their entire bench was going to run onto the field while you guys are trying to drive and score go ahead touchdown.
Speaker 8: Did that surprise you when that happened?
Speaker 32: No, man, I think, just based off my experience, when records are broken, it's normally some type of celibatory effects.
Speaker 11: You can't. Okay, you gotta hold on the segment.
Speaker 7: I wanted to ask you because you understand the standard inside this room that it's you guys should be playing in the playoffs, if you should be competing for championships. How disappointing is it that you're going to be watching next week in the playoffs instead of playing.
Speaker 11: I don't know a little on seconds, it's disappointed, man.
Speaker 32: Like I said, I feel like we're a team that we got the star power and the firepower to be playing here meaningful, meaningful football in January, and so the fact that we haven't been for the last three years is tough.
Speaker 11: It's frustrating. But we've got to figure it out.
Speaker 33: You know.
Speaker 11: It's too many times I think over the course.
Speaker 32: Of the season that we didn't do enough, and so whatever that is we got to find.
Speaker 11: We got to find a medium and.
Speaker 32: Get better and be able to come away with wins in those situations.
Speaker 2: Orlando Brown after the game, Dave Orlando is thirty and his offensive lineman get older. I would imagine you try to compensate a little bit for age and maybe a loss of a step or so, and he seems to have gotten caught a couple of time. He's got that real quick jump off the line, and I think he's led the team in penalties with ten. He's been called for some false starts. What do you make of his performance at that age? Going forward? How do you feel how do you feel about him and this offensive line going forward?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think Orlando Brown has got a great resource for his future years that he's got left in the National Football League. And his dad, Zeus Brown, who played, you know a long time, very different style of player. Zous Brown is a massive man. I'm telling you what and not that Orlando Brown's not. But I mean Zeus Brown could lift the world. It looked like he's like Atlas man. He's crazy and uh, you know, Orlando Brown says, that's my hero. I mean, my dad's my hero man because I mean he played the game in the National Football League at the level that I aspired to be. And I do think that Orlando Brown is a great leader of men, There's no question about that. Uh.
Speaker 11: He's a He's a.
Speaker 4: Great dad, great husband, great teammate, a leader of the football team, you know, captain type guy. He's got that type of personality. I think Jerry Montgomery likes him a lot as a as a football player and as a person as a leader. I do think that that Orlando probably feels like he could do a little bit more for his football team, uh than what took place this year, because they didn't make the playoffs and that's his ultimate goal. He is the epitome of a team player, There's no question about that. And if the Cincinnati Bengals don't make the playoffs, he feels like he slighted the football team.
Speaker 2: He mentioned during that conversation that Miles Garrett got him. Garrett has gotten a lot of people in his career, obviously, But I want to ask you before we wrap up this segment, because you've mentioned him before and I love your stories. Koy Bacon should not be lost in the history of Bengals pass rushers for what he did. Believe it was nineteen seventy six and unofficially before it was recognized twenty two sacks. Was what was Koy Bacon like to watch as a pass rusher?
Speaker 4: Coy Bacon was unique. The dude was hell on wheels. Man, tell me he was just one of those guys that had natural strength. I mean he didn't. He wasn't a weight room guy. I don't think I ever saw him in there.
Speaker 31: Now.
Speaker 4: I was in the weight room pretty regularly, just about every day really. But he could lift the stadium, you know, just he was just naturally gifted strong. He was born to play football, There's no doubt about it. And I remember Tiger Johnson saying, yeah, Coy Bacon, he's just one of those guys. That man, he can roll out of bed and just you know, his eyes half closed and rush the passer and get himself five sacks. He's a five sack guy. He's a handful of sack guy. And he was immense, he really was. And twenty two sacks back then, look at it. Fourteen game season, that's the thing. And they didn't throw it as much. You know, maybe twenty twenty five is a game in fourteen games as opposed to like forty forty five and you know, in seventeen games now. So the ratio there is like, you know, off the charts. And he was something else, and he liked to celebrate. He liked his he liked his bourbon, his whiskey. He was a man's man in that regard to and Koy Bacon, one of those guys that he would defend himself. Put up the dukes very quickly. You didn't want to necessarily get caught in a room by yourself with Koyen Courty Baker and the dukes were put up.
Speaker 2: I love it, I love it. Down the stretcher will go to close out our first hour or second hour. Already here from T Higgins up next Bengals line on the Bengals Radio Networking seven hundred double l W down the stretch we go, final segment of our number two type. We've saved time for T Higgins. Six catches yesterday, sixty seven yards and a touchdown. Here's t after the game.
Speaker 34: Obviously it's tough, you know, you know we put was able to put a job together at the end. But you know, got to look back at you know, the first half. Man, we two turnods, touchdowns. We don't have those turnovers. We win the game, you know what I mean? But you know I want I can't even say get back to practice and fix it. But at the end of the season, you know, it was good to have a you know, a last job like that to to end the season, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 11: So yeah, I'll take that. Bouse.
Speaker 8: Is this three years in a row, tea not to make the playoffs.
Speaker 16: It's tough.
Speaker 34: Obviously we played a game to go in championships, you know I mean, so it's tough.
Speaker 8: We can't just all.
Speaker 34: We gotta do is just come back next year and try to do it, you know.
Speaker 8: What I mean.
Speaker 7: So you're one of the guys that has an important voice on this team. Joe's talked about change, Jamar is hinted at change. Do you feel like there's a lot of change needed for this team to get back to where you need to go?
Speaker 11: Above my pay grade.
Speaker 34: I do my job, catch boss from Joe and try to try to.
Speaker 11: Help the team win games. Man, that's above my pay grade.
Speaker 24: What it looks like he's gonna be able to get you guys out of all.
Speaker 27: Back in controls.
Speaker 8: You know, just just gotta have just got to believe in them, you know what I mean. At the end of the day, we believe him.
Speaker 34: This year obviously we fell short, and you just gotta come back next year and just just keep believing in this philosophy.
Speaker 8: That I feel like they didn't have their stritting corners out there. Half the ward went down. Uh, did they do anything to take away the arm wall? They played a lot of a lot of cloud.
Speaker 34: Uh, we got a lot of a lot of cloud in in Bursa who was able to still get a few de boss, But yeah, that's what they did.
Speaker 25: Each was that about his message to the team after the game, and he said that it was kind of fitting this loss the way it went.
Speaker 8: What are your thoughts on that?
Speaker 34: Oh?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I agree what I'm saying.
Speaker 34: I gonna repeat what he said because I don't know if he said that's y'all, but it was definitely fitting too.
Speaker 15: Is to make sure this stuff can happen again next year.
Speaker 11: Win win, At the end of the day, we just got a way to find a way to win.
Speaker 2: T Higgins wrapping up the season and Dave to wrap up his season fifty nine catches, eight and forty six yards, eleven touchdowns and uh, man again, back to what I said earlier. Any team that's got Jamar Chase on one side and T Higgins on the other end and Joe Burrow in between him, you've got a chance. It's just you got to take advantage of it. But man, what what a trio and what a season? By Tea with eleven touchdowns.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the thing. I mean, Chase Brown's got eleven touchdowns combined with his rushing and receiving touchdowns and T Higgins with eleven receiving touchdowns. That's a hell of a one to two punch right there in terms of scoring twenty two touchdown between the two of those guys. That's pretty prolific, that really is. But T Higgins, the thing about him not only a great player, you know that's just been blessed. The Good Lord blessed him. He knows he's been blessed. He's very humble, extremely popular with his teammates. You know, he never has a bad thing to say about anybody. They don't have a bad thing to say about him. He's just a delight to be around in the locker room. And you know that you can't put a value on that. To coaches, ownership, everybody loves to have players that are not going to be causing any kind of problems out in their community or anywhere else, and T Higgins is a great example of that.
Speaker 2: Still ahead on our third hour tonight, a little bit more on Zach on the season, a little bit more from Joe on the season. We've got fantastic fun facts we'll hear from bj Hill and we'll wrap it all up as we turn the corner to our third and final hour tonight. The show is Bengals Line. It's on the Bengals Radio Network and seven hundred at WLW.
Speaker 1: This is Bengals Line on the Bengals Radio Network.
Speaker 8: Pay Corps.
Speaker 1: Pay Corp is proud to be the official HR software provider of US Cincinnati Bengals. Kettering now best care for the best fans. Kettering now official healthcare provider of US Cincinnati Bengals. This is seven hundred WLW, the home of the best Bengals coverage.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go. Let's open up our third and final hour tonight of Bengals Line of the Bengals Radio Network in seven hundred WLW. Thank you for tagging along with us tonight. I'm Lance McAllister. He is Dave Lapham. We've been sorting through yesterday, looking back through the season, and we'll spend some time looking ahead of the off season as well. Let's getting a little bit more from Zach. He addressed the season as a whole, in the importance of this off season after the game Zach would to look.
Speaker 12: At why you loss is one, what's the biggest reason?
Speaker 5: Sof it was it was a strange game obviously to give them fourteen points, and I felt like we had pretty good troll early in the game and had a chance to really you know, create a lot of separation and gave them fourteen points and then the defense gives up six total, you know, two field goals, and and that's got to be enough to win. And you know, you just look at there, there's little things that got us. We've missed two extra points, had two turnovers for touchdowns, and then they had a two minute drive to win the game. And it's just frustrating, and it's it's it's just frustrating.
Speaker 6: That's the biggest thing.
Speaker 5: And and then that we weren't able just to finish it in some area, finished that game and and find a way to get a win. What did you tell that's it's a little bit fitting, to be honest with you, and in terms of how our season's gone. And it doesn't make it right, doesn't make it It's just you know, several times we we've had games where we played well in different areas and we just we just haven't found a way to put it all together. And then there's been games in the last couple of weeks we had, but this is one we need to finish off, you know, a individual game, and this is how these divisional games go, and it usually comes down to a play at the end, one score game, and we just we weren't able to finish it all.
Speaker 4: What was a kind of what Cleveland was able to do to be successful and their.
Speaker 5: Final well, I mean they hit a couple of throws over there in the flat and then got a couple of chunks, and I thought we did a good job stopping them for two plays and then and then they get the one that would just kind of get them, you know, ten yards a get closer and put them a.
Speaker 6: Field goal range, and then their kicker did a great job finishing off.
Speaker 13: Wouldn't think it's been this year about not being able.
Speaker 11: To close out games.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's like you said, common Beam, there's something that you FULI on the offseason.
Speaker 5: That you could that's something that we're going to look, you know, to see here today and do that answer. It's challenging and and so we reflect back. Obviously obviously we had the answer. We would have pointed today. So that's just something we got.
Speaker 6: To really look at.
Speaker 12: Was there a thought of, I know you needed the touchdown, but the thought of taking more time off the clock it's hard.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's always you'd love to score for one second left, but it's it's challenging if you if you run it and you waisted down on a zero yard game just just for the sake of running the clock is challenging.
Speaker 6: So we've been in that situation a lot.
Speaker 5: Or sometimes we don't score on the first play and we do that, let's get points on the board, go get a stop and win the game, and.
Speaker 12: Just work out what makes it so tough.
Speaker 5: Incredibly to mean, he's he's the best player in on the defense side of the ball. He's the best player, and he recks every single play. You gotta account for him. They got a really good defensive line. They got a really good defense. Round I'm not gonna just minimize it and say that a good defensive line. It's a really good defense that's been challenging for every team they've played all season. You know, you just look at the last couple of games they played. They do a great job. They make it hard. You got to earn everything. I thought we we found some success at different points in the game and and you know, just weren't able to score more than the eighteen or whatever we scored.
Speaker 28: Happened a year that you know, you guys have had to ending of this game. You know, defense is a chance to make a play and the season on a high note. What kind of a taste does the leave just you know, having it in the way that it has so many times.
Speaker 6: Yeah, not a good one. Not a good taste.
Speaker 10: A long conversation with the officials after the Garrett sack.
Speaker 3: What was going on there?
Speaker 6: What was There's five minutes left in our season.
Speaker 5: We're playing for our lives here and I was never told that we're going to stop the game, and in a critical moment like that, and the refs just said that they made a decision that they were going to stop the game, and they said they tried to do it as quickly as possible. I didn't feel that we didn't sub We're trying to be on the ball and go and play with tempo, and the Empire just held the ball so that we couldn't do anything. And I'm yelling at Joe, get on the ball. We didn't sub we're going and then we couldn't play, And so again trying to get an answer was not easy. They just said that they made a decision as a as a crew to stop the game when that happened. I guess it didn't matter when it happened. It just they were going to stop the game. And I was never informed that. They didn't say one word. We meet with them in the ninety minute meeting before the game, they never said one word about that.
Speaker 35: How did you kind of did you approach this like a normal game for Burrow in terms.
Speaker 11: Of Week E team.
Speaker 27: You obviously played the full share of reps.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, we we We played that game to win the game, and and every decision we made, and you know, I know I was made at the sack record. And he's earned that. He has earned that. He has earned that because and I say that because we we weren't. We weren't saying we we don't want to walk out of here without him break. We just want to win the game. So we're gonna call whatever we did to win it. And but to his credit, I mean, the guy never he rarely has one on ones ever ever, And so for him to be able to do that and get that record. I didn't track the other times those records were broken, but this was unbelievable that he was able to do that with with everything that is put on him on the tape and minimized. And they don't play with leads, you know, typically, and I'm trying take a shot out and that's just the truth of it this year.
Speaker 6: So that's a credit to him. Man, He's he's earned that.
Speaker 3: Why did you choose to bring flac going on the quarterbacks?
Speaker 6: Just to bit your body there?
Speaker 5: They were really loading up the front if you saw some of the short yards plays, and Flacco is obviously a much bigger body rhythm on.
Speaker 12: The drive to put you all ahead late. What kind of baby it enables you'll to have the rhythm there wait in the second half that you maybe did earlier.
Speaker 8: In the house.
Speaker 5: I don't think we had a lot of possessions really, you know. I think that was I don't know what possession that was in the drive We had won in the third quarter if I remember correctly, and finished, you know, the quarter ended with one and so it just didn't didn't feel like there was We had a lot of plays in the second half.
Speaker 6: We had a bunch of the first half, and I was a man saying.
Speaker 15: Zach went over a thousand yards rushing today. He also caught a touchdown pass. Is he one of the very biggest highlights for you from Yeah?
Speaker 5: He I thought he had an outstanding season and very dependable for us. Has really worked hard to be the player that he is, and so for the production to match that. I'm really proud to Chase, proud of the guys up front, you know that have helped pave the way for those rushing yards, probably Justin Hill. You know, Justin's done a great job getting that room, getting getting them Narissa full potential. So I was, let me see these, these milestones and achievements are bittersweet when when it happens like this, but at the same time, when a player puts a lot into his work and his craft, his career and you're happy to see them Tempriso's milestones that will be with them forever.
Speaker 15: I know you suggested this, We're hinted at this before, but how confident are you that there's a brain power in the building, both coaching staff, administration, all of it together to make sure this doesn't happen next year.
Speaker 6: I'm very confident why why.
Speaker 5: We have really good people and I enjoyed working with them, and missing is all of us equally, and I just I trust everybody.
Speaker 2: Zach Taylor. With reflections on what went right and what went wrong this season and the importance of this offseason, boy Dave, the AFC North is going to be interesting altogether. What the Bengals do. The Steelers have managed to make the playoffs again. I'll be danged if they didn't make the playoffs shunting last night. But the Ravens have had their issues and struggles and Cleveland has moved on from Kevin Stefanski. Today, It's going to be a really interesting division this offseason.
Speaker 4: It really is. I mean it's going to be anybody's division. It was this year, and the Bengals I think would have been right in the thick of it if they didn't suffer the injuries that they suffered and couldn't play with enough consistency. And that's what the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Baltimore Ravens did. They battled, and they had their ups and their downs, but you know, they were the more consistent football team or a more consistent football team than the Bengals, and they end up battling for the division title, but nobody ran away with it. And I don't think that's gonna happen happen next year. I think the Bengals if they can have a good offseason with these young players, particularly the rookies and first second your players going into their third year. I remember vividly as a player how important those offseasons were in terms of growth and development. And you know, as a rookie, you don't know what you don't know, and it's like, man, you're just overwhelmed. You're just trying to survive. And then you understand, Oh, I see what the National Football League's about. Now, now I'm going to hit the weight room. I'm going to make sure that I understand everything mentally, and I'm going to be ready to play my second year. And if you're a second year player going into your third, it's the same thing, and you want to make bigger contributions for your football team. So it's going to be interesting to see who steps up.
Speaker 2: That was Zach Taylor on What's Ahead. Let's hear more from Joe Burrow and What's Ahead as we continue with Bengals Line on the Bengals Radio Network and seven hundred WLW back on Bengals Line Bengals Radio Network. It's seven hundred WLW Lance Bacallister, he is Dave Lapham.
Speaker 4: Yes, Sir Lance, And this portion of Bengals Line is presented by Kettering Health, the official healthcare provider of the Cincinnati Bengals, providing the best care for the best fans.
Speaker 2: Joe a very reflective of this season and the importance of the off season. Let's listen in more from QB one.
Speaker 13: I don't think I had to catch in the second half until that last right anyway, again, you opened it up or anything.
Speaker 3: No, not not particularly what we wanted to come in and run ball, try to mitigate the effect of their of their rush, and I think we ran it well. We got to a point in the game that we couldn't really do that anymore, so then we start dropping back and throwing it a little more, and that we affected.
Speaker 9: I think I don't think they did a top corners shot.
Speaker 3: Really did that? Did you try to take advantage of that or or was it kind of that they went into Yeah, I think we did take advantage of that. For the most part, I think we moved the ball well all day. You know, it came down to to them making a plan on a goal on the little goal line, putting their hand up, getting a tip, and then we fumbled and gave them another seven points. So they without those two corners out there, they certainly called the game a little differently than they would have otherwise. And I also thought we responded well to that and had the answers to those coverages as we were facing.
Speaker 14: Talked about needing to find a way to be on the field more. When you've reflected on this season with so many of your injuries in fluke, what do you mean by that and what can you do if you can do anything?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. I don't know. I don't I don't know if there's anything I can do about that. I work really hard to be great at this and try to put myself in a good position and put the team in a good position. So whatever that looks like, I'm not sure. I'm gonna certainly think critically about that and maybe make some changes.
Speaker 22: Maybe not.
Speaker 3: Maybe I decide that what I'm doing is great and put myself in a good position, and you know, things happen, but certainly we'll think about it.
Speaker 9: How are you feeling right now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel good. I feel good. Yeah, I feel good mentally and physically.
Speaker 17: How would you rate your performances since you've been back and do you feel like you are given one hundred?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm really proud of what I did this year. I'm really proud of what I did this year. Came back from an injury faster than any human ever has. I'm really proud of that. I think I came back and played some really good football. I had one bad game, and you know you certainly don't want any of those, but I'm certainly not going to lose my mind over that. I think you know, when I came back, I played some really high level football, and you know, I'm certainly proud of what I did this year.
Speaker 12: Would you want to win Comeback Player of the Year. I don't know if you could win it after being out in the same season.
Speaker 3: Next year.
Speaker 17: Maybe next year you look at where your career is six years in. Is it easier or more difficult to blot out the questions of what could have been? If you know you don't miss so much time with injuries in those six years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're at where we're at. I'm at where what's happened has happened. Certainly don't want to miss as much time as I have, but uh, that's that's where I'm at. So all you can do is evaluate the position that you're in and try to get better from there.
Speaker 12: Joe Zach was likely talked about kind of the pursuit of happiness more than you ever have. Why has there been such a big feed for you over the course of the season.
Speaker 3: You know, I think if you want to play this game for a long time, you got to enjoy what you do and who you do it with. And you know, injuries certainly take a toll on that. And I just think in life, I certainly don't want to let let losing and where our team is at at the moment, you know, affect all the other areas of my life. Certainly not happy with where.
Speaker 11: We're at, but.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm not going to let that fact. Who I am and what I do and how I think about things.
Speaker 6: Has that been a big shift?
Speaker 12: I think a lot of times a lot of people will say it's been such a big part of your life as it is. Have you been trying to maybe separate how much happiness you get from playing the game and how much it affects the rest of you.
Speaker 6: Is that pretty fairness?
Speaker 3: Say you think?
Speaker 28: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think? I think so. I think so. You know, I work really hard at this, So it's certainly a hard pull to swallow when I'm getting injured the way that I am and we're losing the way that we are, and so you know, I haven't gotten that joy out of this that I used to from. You know, the joy that I got was winning, and uh, we certainly haven't. I haven't had that success that we expect. And so I'm not just gonna sit around and mope and be miserable to be around from loved ones and all of that. So I think it's just growth and maturity. Is there anything different you're gonna do?
Speaker 12: Maybe this offseason as you get to Greg, you thought about that for yet?
Speaker 3: Yes, I have thought about it, but not not critically to the point of change. Yet.
Speaker 11: What's the next week like?
Speaker 3: Relax, relax, be around friends and family and stay up late, stay in bed late late. Uh who knows? Right now, I'm not I got I got no no obligations for a while. So I'll just go to sleep when I get tired. I guess who knows.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 25: Zach was asked about his message to the team after the game and the way you guys lost this game.
Speaker 3: He said it was a little bit fitting. What are your thoughts on that. Yeah, that's certainly a microcosm of how things have gone across two years. We certainly expect to win that game, and we didn't make the place to do it. And you can say that for for a lot of for a lot of games over the last two years.
Speaker 10: Uh, Joe two part question for me, won out of the offensive line grow this year and also with having Joe Flack all around you pick his brains.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think the Old Lion had their best year since I've been here. Uh. You know, I didn't get to experience much of it at the beginning of the year, but since I've come back, I think it's the best that they've been. I think we've run it the best that we've run it since I've been here as well, and I think that has opened up certain aspects of our offense. And I really enjoyed having Joe in the room, getting to know him and you know, sharing laughs and stories. And and all all that we had a great quarterback room this year and that you know, I didn't get to take as much part in it as I would have liked. But you know, when I wasn't there, I had a lot of fun.
Speaker 9: A lot guys come back from offseason workouts, and Joe Flacco's back in that room with.
Speaker 3: That that might gappy. Yeah, I'd love that. I think Number one, he played well when he was in there, and he has fun to watch, and you know, he brings a certain perspective that you don't. It's certainly unique. You don't get to be around guys that have played as long as he does and seen as much football as he has, and uh, you know, I think he would be valuable for us. We do.
Speaker 36: Seems like you gotta close a couple of times before he got that sacked, not just maybe United, just to David throughout the month times to face the how much just going against really tess that you know that internal clock more and as far as your reads and everything to make sure that you're going to the right place that you know where you need to be, just in case, because you know, that's a guy that's just like everybody said, he's just so much more athletic than most guys out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I certainly don't go into a play thinking about it, but my natural instincts kick in and you're feeling quickly often, and you know that certainly affects how far you can push the ball down the field, the protections that you can call, the plays that you can call, and how quickly you want to get the bough out of your hands. You know, he's the best of what he does, and you try to mitigate that as much as you can with your play callity, your protection plan, and then how the quarterback plays.
Speaker 36: I'llbe these next eight months for the organization, just to make sure that this drought ends at three so that it doesn't go to forts eighty yr computer for the vision again, trying to get back to the playoffs, back the actelly game, et cetera.
Speaker 3: As big as it gets.
Speaker 2: Joe Burrow on the importance of the offseason, and boy, he talk about somebody who's been through a lot and fought so hard to get back and then the disappointment of not making the playoffs, and as he said, he'll unplug for a little bit, sleep a little bit, sleep in late for a little bit, but man, you know he's just gonna be there. It's going to be a grind and just the desire to get back and get back in the playoffs.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, And you hit it with a great word. You chose their lanser, your word choice of grind because he is a grinder. I mean, I got a lot of respect for Joe man. He puts his nose to the grindstone and he works and he works hard. There's no prima donna and Joe Burrow. He gets down in dirty man. He's down with his teammates, with his boys working out, and I think they appreciate that and and they enjoy that the camaraderie of it, because you do build bonds in that regard when you're working hard and in the offseason getting ready, you know, to put together a big season and go to the playoffs and win a Super Bowl. So I think Joe Burrow likes everything about the game, the tangible, the intangible, everything that goes along with being a professional football player. And Joe is definitely a pros pro.
Speaker 2: Still ahead, our final fun facts of the Year, Dan Horde with Keyshawn Williams, who made a nice impression when the Bengals had a nam late in the season that as we continue with Bengals lone of the Bengals Radio Network Hunter WLW. Hey, we keep moving it right along in our third hour tonight of Bengals Line the Bengals Radio networking on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: Last time to shop the Bengals Pro Shop and find the best selection of Bengal merchandise anywhere. Visit the pro Shops seven days a week located on the north side of Pey Course Stadium, or shop online at Bengals dot com.
Speaker 2: Time for our final fun Facts of the year. We've loved this segment Each week with Dan Hordy pulls back the curtain and we learn a little bit more about a Bengals player. And this one was a late ad late stages of the season. A waiverclaim from the Pittsburgh Steelers made a nice impression, returning punts and returning kicks. Here's Dan horde Fun Facts with Keyshawn Williams.
Speaker 8: No Fantastic fun Facts.
Speaker 13: With Dan ord Todd for some fun facts with wide receiver and return specialist Keyshawn Williams from the City of Brotherly Love, Philadelphia, PA. What do you love about your hometown, just.
Speaker 35: To support and love that I get from a lot of people in a city that know me, don't know me. It just showed me a lot of love and support along my journey.
Speaker 13: Philadelphia obviously has teams in all of the major sports. Did you get to attend games as a kid growing up?
Speaker 35: I went to a few for these games, a few Sixers games. I've never been to an Eagles game. I did go to some training camp practices.
Speaker 13: So when you go to an Eagles game, it'll be as a competitor.
Speaker 27: Yeah, my first time in the stadium.
Speaker 13: It will be that key shot. According to your bio, you played football, basketball, and ran track as a kid. When did you decide to focus on football.
Speaker 35: I decided to focus on football my junior year. That got my first offer from the Temple. And but before that offer, I just knew I was going to coffee basketball. So that kind of cuick changing the shift in my mindset at that moment.
Speaker 13: What was it like to get that first offer?
Speaker 27: It was everything, you know.
Speaker 35: I got it on Thanksgiving with my family and it just was a symbol of all the hard work and the dedication for severiance throughout my life.
Speaker 13: Of that time we're visiting with Kayshawn Williams. Your high school was Chestnut Hill Academy. It sounds prestigious and preppy. How would you describe it, Well.
Speaker 27: Exactly like that.
Speaker 35: It was in private school, independent school, and interact very competitive football basketball wise.
Speaker 27: But you know, my mom invested.
Speaker 35: In my moss academics at a very young age, and I was able to get into that school in a full academic scholarship. I just so happened to be also freely talented at football basketball.
Speaker 13: So sounds like it prepared you well for college absolutely.
Speaker 35: You know, going into Wake Forest as a eighteen year old is also a prestigious academic university and it definitely prepared me for the life of U student an athlete there.
Speaker 13: Zach Taylor started his college career at Wake Forest. You spent your first four college seasons at wake Forest. Why did you choose Wake Just.
Speaker 35: The balance of academics and also powerful football. You know, it's the best of both worlds in terms of what I was getting and what I wanted. You know, also my mama, he's being extremely only about academics and importance of education. That was just something I wanted to do, so be able to corporate both sides, and one was a perfect situation.
Speaker 13: You finished your college career with one season at Indiana, and we're part of one of the most remarkable turnarounds in college football history, from three and nine the year before you got there, to eleven wins in a trip to the College Football Playoff last year under head coach Kurt Signetti. Help us understand what's made Kurt Signetti so successful.
Speaker 35: His mom said, he believes everything he says. When he went up there on Big Tim Media Day and so the nation that will be here again and December, you know a lot of people looked at him crazy. And you know when I visited, when I was in a portal, you know, he pitched the same thing he told to me what he said on Big Tim Media Day. And you know, he just has his mindset where he can make you believe in yourself even when others doubt. And you know, if you trust him and you you just align with what he has going on, it turns out to be successful.
Speaker 27: And you see his track record.
Speaker 35: He's been susfeared where he went, so it's hard to, you know, not believe in a guy like that.
Speaker 13: Just google him as he said, you had five catches in the college football playoff game against Notre Dame. Was that the highlight of your football career so far?
Speaker 35: No, I wouldn't say it's the highlight of my football career, but it was definitely a big moment for me.
Speaker 27: You know, you when you're younger, you.
Speaker 35: Dream of those moments of playing in college fotball playoff games and making plays to help your team win the game. But you know, I just feel like every day I continue to play this game at this level was the best day. So you know, I'm just grateful for everything.
Speaker 13: Key Shawn, you signed as a free agent with the Pittsburgh Steelers and in the preseason opener this year, you caught a touchdown pass against Jacksonville. How significant was that moment for you?
Speaker 35: It was extremely significant. You know, it was a reassurance moment. You know, coming out of the draft, you know, undrafted, you know, not being a guy with anybody has high expectations for us in terms of productivity, in terms of future wise with the league. But you know, to go out there and do what I know I was capable of and show up when my name was called, like just be an opportunist. Who always praised myself on being you know, it just meant everything.
Speaker 13: Did Not getting drafted put a chip on your shoulder.
Speaker 35: Most definitely, But at the same time, you know, I like to be a guy who's realistic. You know, understood that was a high possibility going into the draft. But like I said, I'm an opportunist. You know, I knew as long as I was able to get my foot in the door and make it on some team, I know I'll pay away for myself at the end of the day.
Speaker 13: So you played in eight games for the Pittsburgh Steelers, and then a few weeks ago, when they were trying to move you from the roster the practice squad to make a room for a veteran guy that they picked up, the Bengals jumped in and claimed you off waivers. How difficult is it to change teams at this stage of the season.
Speaker 35: It's definitely not ideal. But you know, my goal is to be on an active roster, contributing to a team. And you know, I'm glad that the Bengal was able to see something in me that they decided that they wanted to bring me on to help their team win games.
Speaker 27: And you know, I'm extremely grateful.
Speaker 35: You know, it was it was an unexpected turn of events, but you know, this was part of the business, and you know, like I like to be a realist, I understood how to I'm starting to understand how the business works.
Speaker 27: So there's no hard feelings.
Speaker 35: You know, I understand that Pittsburgh gave me the first opportunity to make my make a name for myself in this league, and if it wasn't for them, I probably wouldn't be here either. So you know, it was difficult and hard to process, but you know, it's just you gotta roll.
Speaker 27: With the punches.
Speaker 13: Have you even fully unpacked yet?
Speaker 35: Now I'm living out of a suitcase. I'm living out of a suitcase right now. But you know, it was only a short three weeks, you know, finishing up this week, but you know it's been a fun three weeks.
Speaker 13: Did you know anybody here from college or working out or anywhere along the.
Speaker 35: Way outside of the big names of the guys you hear on TV. No, I didn't know anybody personally, but you know, I'm I'm kind of used to, you know, jumping in the rooms and you know, just going and proving myself to whoever is there and making a name for myself that people want to get to know who I am.
Speaker 13: So no problem, We're doing fun facts with Keyshawn Williams. I read a pre draft scouting report that said the following quote. He has proven very difficult to bring down, and we've seen that in your first few games of the Bengals. You had a twenty eight yard punt return in the first game, of forty three yard punt return in the second game. You got a game ball after that game. Do you think you have an innate ability to make people miss?
Speaker 27: I think I do. I mean, you kind of have to have that ability to play.
Speaker 35: This game at my size and at my position has always been an important part of my game. Being able to use my lateral quickness to make people miss in short area spaces and you know, just using that to the best of my ability to give me an advantage on a field.
Speaker 13: Do you enjoy returning punts? It takes a certain type of person to have the willingness to go back there and be ready to run it back with guys bearing down on them.
Speaker 27: Absolutely, I enjoy. I love returning punds.
Speaker 35: You catch the ball in space and once you get the balls you versus everybody else is like a backyard football when you were a kid playing in the backyard. So you know, something I've been doing my whole life, and something will I hope I continue to keep doing for good the amount of time?
Speaker 13: All right, Time for a few wild card topics now with Keyshawn Williams. Who is your all time favorite athlete in any sport?
Speaker 35: And why My favorite all time athlete is Russell Westbrook. Just his mentality in terms of how he plays, you know, aggressive, strong, finishing at the room.
Speaker 27: With a lot of enthusiasm.
Speaker 35: You know, it's a sciding guy for me to watch, especially when I was a basketball player in my basketball days.
Speaker 13: All right, that's a good segue to my next question. You're only five to nine, but you had a thirty nine inch vertical at your pro day. Can you dunk?
Speaker 20: Yeah?
Speaker 35: I can catch it. I could, don't you know? Throw me a little oop the room, Greazer, get it in there for sure.
Speaker 13: Does it have to be an oop? Or if you're on a breakaway, can you throw them down?
Speaker 35: You give me a breakaway and I'm feeling good that day I get up there him put it in a room for sure.
Speaker 13: All right, you are named key Sean. There are some famous Keyshawn's out there. Keyshawn Johnson was probably the first famous football Keyshawn. Did your folks name you after anybody? Or did they just like the name?
Speaker 35: You let my mom tell us you would say she named me after Keyshawn Johnson, actually, but I believe it was just a combination of my parents. Who names My dad's name's Kenneth, my mom's name Sean took the key off and put it in from hers and then yeah, but I guess the football correlation always let her to believe was he has some type of impact on that, So sure, I'll give it to her.
Speaker 13: I guess that's why you wound up playing professional football. All right, As I mentioned off the top, you're from Philadelphia. Famous Philadelphia foods include the cheese steak, the roast pork sandwich, the soft pretzel. What's the first thing you want to eat when you go home?
Speaker 35: I'm definitely going to Max's and give me a cheese steak, either Max or Eshcabibbles and I'm going to give me a cheese steak for sure.
Speaker 13: All right, So Max's is that like where the locals go? Because it's an out of town or we hear about Gino's and Pats.
Speaker 27: Yeah, Gino's and passes. More of a worthy spot.
Speaker 35: Maxis has become pretty popular because it was on the Kevin Hart documentary. But Ishka Bibbels is another big spot that I like to go to.
Speaker 27: So that's my favorite.
Speaker 13: All right, next time I'm in Philly, Max's or ish Ka Bibbles. Final fun fact for Kaishawn Williams. And this one's kind of deep. If you could meet anybody in history, living or deceased, who would that person be?
Speaker 34: For me?
Speaker 35: It'll be my grandmama on my dad's side. She passed when I was two years old. You know, whether conscience yet or got to meet her personally, but you know, I heard a lot of stories of the woman she was and what she stood for and how much she believed and protected her grandchildren, her children, her niate nephews, nieces, and you know I would love to meet her and let her allow her to you know, see the man I've become from the two year old kids she saw.
Speaker 13: She would be very proud. There's no doubt about that. Kayshawn, Congratulations on your great start with Cincinnati appreciate your time, best of love going forward, Appreciate you for having me.
Speaker 2: Thank you Keishawan Williams part of fun Facts this week, and thanks to Dan Horde for being a part of that with his fun Facts each week here on Bengals Line. Still ahead, BJ Hill in final thoughts on the season, We are cruising tonight on Bengals Line and the Bengals Radio Network and seven hundred WLW. Hey, welcome back into Bengals Line on this Monday night on the Bengals Radio Network at seven hundred WLW. I am Lance McAlister.
Speaker 4: He is Dave Blappham and last Alta Fibers, the official Wi Fi and Internet provider of the Bengals in Greater Cincinnati's fastest Internet with up to two gig symmetrical speeds.
Speaker 2: BJ Hill yesterday eight tackles. He had a sack. It was an easy sack. It was the easiest sack he'll ever had. He just hey in the box score, it's a sack, so you take it. And BJ Hill talked after the game about the season and what's ahead.
Speaker 13: BJ. Eight tackles and a sack today. You had a terrific game. The defense in general had a terrific game. Unfortunately, when you needed that stop at the end, I didn't quite get it. How disappointing is it to end the season on that note.
Speaker 33: It's definitely disappointing. That's definitely been playing really good ball the last couple of weeks. I know, we just got to make a play done in the stretch. Yeah, it sucks, but you know we learned from the move on here with next year.
Speaker 13: Five sacks today, constant pressure on Shador Sanders. Did you feel like the defense showed in this final game kind of the progress you've made in the last half of the season.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I think so. I'm excited for the future of this team.
Speaker 22: Man.
Speaker 33: We got a lot of good young guys here on the team, so, man, the future is very bright for us.
Speaker 13: They had two defensive touchdowns when you had the early lead in this game. What kind of an emotional blow is that.
Speaker 33: You know, you just put the ball down mentality for the defense, I don't know what happens. We just got to go out there and get stops.
Speaker 13: You want to keep playing. You hit this point of the year, and obviously you've been on teams that have made it to the Super Bowl in the NFC Championship game. Is it kind of strange for the season to be done.
Speaker 33: Yeah, for sure, especially when we got great group of guys, like especially like all the time we got in here. We just fell short a little bit. But like I said, stuff happens. You let me move on and you learn from it. Don't make excuses on you on it, and just you get better.
Speaker 13: You've taken a big leadership role on defense, particularly in the second half of the season. How much did you see some of these young guys grow a lot?
Speaker 33: Man? I can name so many young guys that I grew up during the season. Man, you got we had two rooky linebackers that grew up real fast, Miles Murphy, Chris jan because even though he got heard, he grew up like Jay Blackly. We've got so many guys that stepped up and play really good football.
Speaker 13: Appreciate your time, enjoy the off season. We'll see you soon or not.
Speaker 11: Sounds good.
Speaker 2: Bj hill on the year, thirty years old, played in all seventeen games this season. I think we both appreciate what he contributes to the team, and I think part of the off season will be interesting. I still think they could use another body in the middle special somebody who could get pressure in the face of the quarterback. That would be ideal, wouldn't it.
Speaker 11: I agree with you.
Speaker 4: You know, bj Hill is probably, if not the best take along to call roll. He's probably number two with interior pass rush, and let's face it, that's that's where you can do some damage because you know, a quarterback like Sanders is a great example. You know, he's maybe six to two. They listen them at six to two.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know if he is or not. But you get a defensive tackle in the face of the quarterback number one, they can't see, they can't see the middle of the football field. They have to get out to the perimeter and get out to the edges and throw it to the sidelines. And then they're also concerned with following through and hitting their hand on shoulder pads, helmets, that sort of thing, and sustaining injuries to their fingers in hand and things of that nature. So if you can get a big interior defensive tackle that can play the run, stuff the run and push the pocket into the quarterback's face, man, you get yourself a fined and they're they're hard to find. There don'll grow on trees. But if that's the case, if there's with the tenth pick of the draft, that there's a better interior defensive lineman than edge rush guy, there's been a run. Say, for example, as I'm using this is theoretical, it might happen, might not. But say on draft day, boy, there's a run. Three or four of the top edge rushers are gone, but the second best interior defensive tackle is available. I think the Bengals make that pick and are pleased to do it.
Speaker 2: No doubt, no doubt about that. Hey, let's head down the stretch, Final segment, Final Thoughts, Bengals Line on the Bengals Radio Network and seven hundred WLW down the Stretch week Go Final segment of the year on Bengals Line of the Bengals Radio Network, and final Card of the Year.
Speaker 4: Lance We know pay Corp Is proud to be the official HR software provider of the Cincinnati Bengals.
Speaker 2: Dave in conclusion, I think we've set it up pretty well over the course of three hours. They're gonna have some money to spend wisely this offseason. They're gonna have the tenth pick in the draft. We've assessed the areas of need and now it falls on the plate of and the Bengals did announce today that Duke Tobin will address the media later in the week on Friday afternoon. It'll be interesting to hear what he says. But they have to come up with a plaan and thread the needle because you just can't miss the playoffs next year again.
Speaker 4: Exactly Lance, because like we've talked about, you got Joe Burrow Man. When you have Joe Burrow at the helm, when you have him at the quarterback position, you are a favorite man. You're in high cotton. You have a great chance to make the playoffs, win playoff games, and go to the Super Bowl. So you have the tenth pick of the draft, not only in the first round, but every round, so you know, every single round you're gonna have whoever's left on the board. If there hasn't been a run at that position group in the round prior, there's gonna be opportunity to assess multiple guys that might be available in the second round or the third round or whatever round we're talking about. So this is a very important draft for Duke Tobin and the Cincinnati Bengals and the coaching staff and everybody involved. And I do think there's going to be a shift. There's going to be some changes, some player changes in the fifty three man roster. I think there has to be.
Speaker 2: And the way the NFL is set up, it's the beauty of the league. Through scheduling, through salary cap, through change. You see teams like the Patriots who went four and thirteen last year, they go fourteen and three this year. Ye, Jacksonville four and thirteen last year, thirteen and four this year, right, the Bears five and twelve last year, eleven and six this year. Things change, Things happened fast in the NFL, and the tools are there. If used properly, you can flip from the bottom to the top in one offseason.
Speaker 4: And again, looking at those examples, what do they have in common? They all of a quarterback. Yes they do, and you know, okay, so they basically flip the script yep, from four to thirteen to thirteen and four in two scenarios, five and twelve to eleven and six in another. Why because they have the most important thing in all of sports. They do have the quarterback. They have the guy at the helm, the leader of the pack, and the Cincinnati Bengals certainly have one of the best in the NFL.
Speaker 2: Final thoughts, It's been at times a very fun season. At times it's been a very frustrating season. At times I've wanted to pull my hair out. But gathering here on Mondays with you and Yid we are a threesome that we operated like a well oiled machine out and day by say this every year. It is an honor for me to be able to sit with you and learn each week from you. I can't imagine doing it with anybody else. It is a pleasure and I've enjoyed it again. I look forward to next year. Lance.
Speaker 4: I appreciate those comments and thoughts very much. I think you're a heck of a broadcaster and an even better person man. Getting to know you over the years has been my pleasure, There's no question about that. And the Yid Man hardest working guy in all sports. I'm telling you it burns more hours up than anybody. You guys are pros pros and it's a lot of fun working with you every week.
Speaker 2: That will do it. That is our final edition. We thank you for joining us and tagging along this week through all the weeks of the season. Look forward to catching up with you in Week one next season. This has been Bengals Line on the Bengals Radio Network at seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: This was Bengals Line on the Bengals Radio Network. Pay Corps. Pay Corps is proud to be the official HR software provider of US Cincinnati Bengals. Ulti Viper Ulti Viper the official Wi Fi and Internet provider of US Cincinnati Bengals. This is seven hundred WLW, the home of the fest Bengals coverage.