Speaker 1: On air at AM five seventy LA Sports and I'm Demand on the iHeartRadio wapp. This is the Petros and Money Show. You are one of the kind, hosted by Petros Papaday guests.
Speaker 2: Left school after sixth grade.
Speaker 1: Look at him and the voice of the Poults not money Smith. The answer is money. There is nothing you can do. You know it's coming. This is the Petros and Money Show.
Speaker 2: On the home of your world champion Los Angeles Dodgers. Make us your.
Speaker 1: Top preset on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: I don't crack.
Speaker 2: He's the under.
Speaker 1: Pressure unbelievable every damn night.
Speaker 3: You see the mark. It couldn't be anything else.
Speaker 4: Your husband keeps lousy company.
Speaker 2: Missus Sampson as bad as there is in LA and that's as bad as there is.
Speaker 3: That's I'm going on a three day bender. Am I gonna like someone?
Speaker 2: Someone gonna like me?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: I hope?
Speaker 3: So it's bloony.
Speaker 4: Where's Mike Bourbon?
Speaker 2: It doesn't have to make sense, It just has to sound like it does.
Speaker 3: A gong me ute Spectro saying money five seventy el A Sports Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. About an hour and a half away from heading out to the gallpin Ford Broadcast booth. First pitch between the Dodgers and Rockies five forty pm. Dodgers on deck at four thirty pm with Tim Kates, David Vasse, and that cast of characters, our old dear friend Tyler Glass now on the oh tonight today.
Speaker 2: There was never a nefarious nickname that was pushed over the years about Glass now, No, it's inside his name.
Speaker 3: There was work, listen, Glass not now worked. Okay, I thought it was quite clever.
Speaker 2: You think you do? You think you pressured him into greatness.
Speaker 3: I do. Let me tell you that have to be. I'm the one that got him out there. I'm the one that I did it.
Speaker 2: It was me. Your life of hard work means nothing. You must have heard what I said, right, Well, enjoy the game and don't forget. On Monday, we'll be back at two o'clock. But you'll have Tim Kates and David vass and Neverriett and Rick Monday and Dwayne and Colin to keep you company on the money. Yes, all weekend long, that's right, all weekend long to enjoy the Dodger baseball in beautiful Denver, Colorado. Yes, that is right. I know for a fact that vass rode the bus with with Tim Neverett over to the stadium and Otani was on the bus too, Is that right? Yeah? kV Bahapo show.
Speaker 3: Hey, why don't you come up here, let's talk some hardball.
Speaker 2: I all right, it is time for the final fact. It's the Yeah We're three.
Speaker 3: Facts fun fact brought to you by Concordia University, Irvine. It is a fact. Classes in the program are top by many the top sports leaders in California, like the state director of the cif Mani Hall of Fame, high school and college coaches and administrators. You'll be mentored by the best. Find out more at CUI dot edu slash coaching. The summer term starts on May eighteenth, so do not wait long. Beach Grand Prix is in town. They're running practice right now. Did you know Volvo that racing titan Volvo.
Speaker 2: Nobody wants to race harder than the Swedes.
Speaker 3: They invented the three point seat belt in nineteen fifty nine. They gave the patent away for free to all other automobile manufacturers in an effort to save lives, and even today, the three point seat belt is estimated to save a life every six minutes.
Speaker 2: You know, I I uh, I'm opposed to that fact. You know, I think I think that just the stomach belt is well, the old lap belt. It's time for quick hits.
Speaker 3: Head explode, Come make it quick, y'all wheel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was scalped by. I'm gonna push back on that. I think it's just enough to lap belt was fine. Ah, The Dodgers are fourteen and four. They're not one, four and four. That would be like, that'd be awesome. They're in Denver and it's the start of a four game series. Look, they blow these four, they're gonna be fourteen and eight out of Denver. They can't afford that. Tyler Glass now is on the mound, and he is a beloved friend Deer him an embraced person, dear friend of the show. It snowed earlier, but it's blown through. As we always say when it comes to Colorado and Denver, Matt, if you don't like the weather, wait five minutes.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be seventy on Sunday, gonna be builder first pitch, seventy degrees at first pitch on Sunday. Never knowing right.
Speaker 2: Now been to the Mountains. E's to hear yep, three and one? Is that right? Uh? Still frigid in Denver though it's cold to night. First pitch is scheduled as five forty. David Vasse will be wearing a beanie. Sad news today, really sad. Garrett Anderson, longtime Angel and a real favorite back in those days. The World Series champ two thousand and two, passed away at the age of fifty three. He spent fifteen of his seventeen years in the big leagues with Anaheim. He was a three time All Star. In three he won the Home Run Derby and All Star Game MVP. Member of the Angels Hall of Fame, they should have retired his number. He holds several franchise records, including games played, hits, doubles, RBIs, and total bases. Grew up in Granada Hills just like Lway and was a three sport standout at Kennedy High before getting drafted by the Angels.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's it's a great point. How many how many other Angels were more impactful than Garrett Anderson, considering he was a major part of their only ever World Series championship backful fifteen years more impactful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you could maybe say that the Kingfish is right there with him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean you got Nolan Ryan, who had a hell of a run with the team.
Speaker 2: The Gloss boss is pretty proud of himself. But Rod Carew, Yeah, he's he. They should well, at least they should retire it now. But they should have retired it. I mean, of course you don't expect him to die at fifty three suddenly. But a very sad story. But a great guy and remembered as a great guy by everybody. A quiet guy, but obviously a great angel, and they should have retired his number. More details on the Padre sale, Matt. The Seidler family is selling it to Jose Feliciano.
Speaker 3: How sweet is that? I've become a Padre fan immediately once hired. Feliciano bought the team.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'll tell you what, those Kaplan guys are not gonna like it when they play Chico and the Man on a loop. Chico, don't be discouraged. He ain't that fod to.
Speaker 3: New though that Chico and the Man could earn someone enough money in royalties.
Speaker 2: Oh, come on, a little bit of rain. Feliciano is no one trick pony. Now he did not do a great job with every breath you take in front of sting.
Speaker 3: Because Felice Navidad was Feliciana right.
Speaker 2: I want to.
Speaker 3: Jose Feliciano and his wife. He does a hell of a California dreaming. Maybe a lot of the money came from the wife. Maybe Feliciano is the artist in the family. The wife Kwanza Jones.
Speaker 2: He's blind. How's he going to enjoy the base?
Speaker 3: I mean a lot of radio, A lot of radio three point nine billion. Feliciano was the co founder and managing partner of clear Lake Capital.
Speaker 2: Bury, the lead on the I'm Singing guitarist. Ever, I believe he's a Puerto Rican.
Speaker 3: They bought Chelsea, the EPL team Chelsea FC, for like five billion dollars a few years back, so this added to their athletic portfolio.
Speaker 2: You know that it would be untrue. The Lakers told that I would be a Hey, don't you dare great artist? The Lakers take on the Rockets in the opening round Game one. Nobody knows who to root for around.
Speaker 3: Do we root for?
Speaker 2: I know who to root for. I'm rooting for the City of syrup Paul Wall sounds like we're gonna have a Lebron watch. Not I don't want.
Speaker 3: Gotta do it. According to it, if he's gonna hold us hostage and not tell us if he's gonna retire or if he's gonna come back, and if he's gonna be a Laker, if he's gonna play for the Akron Zips because he still has some college eligibility. You know, we're gonna have to keep an eye on it Zips. We're gonna be the watch.
Speaker 2: That's about the only thing he could do. Caleb Brown's gonna forty three plan for Akron. Can they win the MAC Tournament get an automatic?
Speaker 3: Babe? They can. I believe they can.
Speaker 2: Sounds like we're gonna have to get that rotch. We'll see what happened. Clippers President of Basketball Ops Matt Larry Frank Lawrence Frank, former Petrosen money guest and celebrated guest.
Speaker 3: I really like you guys, we need to do this more often, met.
Speaker 2: The media today. He defended the Clippers where the team is right now after a winning but disappointing finish, a winning season, but a disappointing as always finish in the play in tournament.
Speaker 4: You know, for a long, long, long, long time, we're the laughing stock of the NBA. Forty one seasons, they had six total winning seasons. Okay, the groups that have been here, and it starts way back, go back to you know when Neil o'sha was here and he you know, in the trades he made, and then Doc and then all the you know, Tyleru and all the different people that have occupied the different decision making seats. But it's fifteen years of winning seasons. I think there's when you look at, okay, well who else is up in that area? You got the Showtime Lakers, you got the San Antonio Spurs, where Bridge you know, Robinson duncan Eras, and you have the Utah jazz led by John Stockton and Karl Malone. So you have to the reason why winning is important, and especially in this era where there was so much talk of you know, tanking this season, that it is a choice. And Steve Bomber, our mission is we are always going to compete to win. Now, Steve wants to win championships. We all want to win championships. So we're trying to win while building a bridge. Obama fan. Why am I excited? Well, the Clippers made a big pivot this year. Okay, that when we traded James, when we traded Zoo. Those are incredibly hard and difficult situations, but it requires that you must be honest about yourself and honest about where you're at as a team. And usually teams when you study team building that if they're in that contender status, they usually take this huge drop to rebuilding. We're not going to do that. So if I'm a Clipper fan, I'm paying money. I know, Wait a minute, the basement is competitive, Whereas I could be a fan at many different organizations, some highly highly performing organizations that have totally bottomed out. And you've had to deal with nineteen win seasons in twenty two win seasons. That's not happened here. But what is going to happen is Okay, Well, all of a sudden, I went from the oldest team to a team that has seven players that average out the age of twenty four in the rotation. Plus I have huge you know, cap space coming down the road where I can get max players. Plus I finally am getting that piggy bank that was empty with draft capital. Now it's getting full with you know, call it a coin flip chance of getting a high high lottery pick in a loaded draft if it doesn't convey I got two future first from that plus plus the other draft capital that And then I look at Okay, Well, who owns the team, the best owner in sport, not in basketball, in sport, Okay, and where we play in the greatest arena in the world, not in this country in the world. And I have a terrific head coach in Tyloue, who's a champion, who has shown time after time his ability to adapt. It happens to be the greatest market in the NBA in Los Angeles. So I'm fired up now, I'm disappointed. They feel like I feel. We're all pissed off. We all wanted to No one wanted to be up here today to talk about the office season. We want to be playing in Phoenix tonight.
Speaker 2: Are he really ran it down?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Look at all the great look at how terrible this franchise was and how great we are three minutes. Yeah, probably could have injected some humility in there, like, yeah, that's pretty gnarly start six and twenty one, and if yeah, I guess Oklahoma city is really good with all those draft picks I sent him, and maybe just do a little bit of that. You know, for a.
Speaker 4: Long, long, long, long time, we're the laughing stock of the NBA. Yeah, seasons, they had six total winning seasons.
Speaker 3: Wow, you really kind of wrote that up down before you here. Okay, and it starts way back, go back to you know when Yeah.
Speaker 2: I love the venue, and he did mention that as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they feel like I feel.
Speaker 4: We're all pissed off of course. Yeah, no want to be up here today to nope, talk about the off season. We want to be playing in Phoenix tonight.
Speaker 3: That's right, we want you to be in Phoenix. Two Tucas pissed two.
Speaker 2: Playoffs start this weekend, and in hockey, that means Matt might squeez he's out a puck. Story.
Speaker 3: King's tough draw for each of our local squads. The Kings take on the buzzsaw that has been all season long, Colorado Avalanche in the first round. I think the gap Sakic is going to take it to there. It's like a forty point gap in points. Sackic Bork. They're going to crush these dude. Forsburg. Game one is Sunday in Denver. The Ducks also get a poll that the Kings are all too familiar with Edmonton Oilers. Of course, that you know, tends to beg the question for a certain someone as to what kind of emotional state he might be in going into the postseason taking on a young, frisky Anaheim Ducks team that certainly is out of schedule called leon.
Speaker 2: Wow, you know the Germans got expelled from the Olympics.
Speaker 3: Why are you so pissy? I'm just answering your guy.
Speaker 1: You are?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you' are?
Speaker 3: I ask you a question, you an answer? Not very good ones, very good one.
Speaker 2: Uh, Matt, I don't know if you saw the news the two w NBA girls that are dating on the same team now as Easy Fund and Page Becker's. Yeah, they're not going to talk about it. They're not going to talk about their relationship.
Speaker 3: Well, they were asked about it. They're not going to be any talk and they didn't talk about it. They're in a unique situation, Oh.
Speaker 2: Totally unique. And Matt and other lesbian news Megan Rapino and Sue Byrd announced.
Speaker 3: They have this on my rundown.
Speaker 2: They're splitting up, Matt.
Speaker 3: They are Yeah, yea Nag's ensues.
Speaker 2: One of the most America's couple really uh Ever, since you know it all didn't work out between Brad Pitt and Jen Aniston, the new America's couple was Americ Megan Rapino and Sue Byrd, and they've called it quits after a decade together, announcing their separation and a joint Instagram post today, Poe says, there really is no smooth or easy way to share this news. After a lot of thought, we've made a decision to separate as a couple. This hasn't been an easy decision, but it's one we've made together with so much love, respect and care for each other. We shared a whole life over the last decade, through big moments and then quiet ones, and that is something.
Speaker 3: We'll always carry with us. Well, that's sad. They seemed like a perfect couple.
Speaker 2: We are grateful to this incredible community that has held us up to welcomes, welcome to sin and supported us exactly how we are.
Speaker 3: That's lesbian.
Speaker 2: Many of you ever reminded us again.
Speaker 3: And again, if you're going to take liberties.
Speaker 2: Why loving out loud?
Speaker 3: Man, don't you do the read.
Speaker 2: Just said the one thing about Peter Les leave me Alone.
Speaker 3: She poured her heart out in that letter.
Speaker 2: Getting to create a touch More podcast and build a network around it has been a tremendous joy. The conversations, the laughs of the connection means it's more than we can put into words. Well, this chapter of during the podcast together is ending.
Speaker 3: Oh man, We're.
Speaker 2: Not just ending our relationship, we're also heading our podcast.
Speaker 3: Like I'm promoting a podcast in this letter multiple times.
Speaker 2: What we've built with you is not coming to an end. Thank you for being with us through all of it. It means the world to us. With so much love. Megan and Sue.
Speaker 3: Oh a joint statement beautiful, a little more relatable, I think for the people as opposed to that couple breaking up and penning a letter jointly discussing their breakup after ten years. Price gouging. Look, everybody knows FIFA is one of the greatest gangster organizations in the history of sports, sense opek Sky. High ticket prices aren't the only thing. How about this. If you've ever been to MetLife Stadium, you know what a pain in the ass it can be to get to You got to take multiple trains from New York City. That runs through Jersey from the New York City Trains to the Jersey Trains to get out there, and it takes about an hour hour and a half from Manhattan and it costs you about ten bucks.
Speaker 2: So he does the big town like you dollas Right, if.
Speaker 3: You want to take a train and you have that kind of time to spare, it's public transit. It's like ten or fifteen bucks. An uber's going to cost you about one hundred bucks. Well, it was shared that the train during the World Cup to MetLife Stadium is going to be a one hundred fifty dollars round trip fare that you will purchase ahead of time ten times, twelve times they say the current fair for the nine mile ride from Manhattan's Penn Station to the stadium in East Rutherford. So this is going to be the express. If you want to get on the Express, you are going to pay one hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 2: I f what like FIFA is like holding the globe with either hand on either side and just shaking it for money at.
Speaker 3: This point, right, and you can't park on site. That is not going to be available, which means you're going to have to take public transit. Quote. This isn't price gouging, said New Jersey Transit President's CEO Chris Kolluri. We're literally trying to recoup our costs.
Speaker 2: What costs.
Speaker 3: The train exists, it is there. If they're running more trains, it can't quite possibly more expensive to.
Speaker 2: Paint that field with the FIFA logo Bong bong bong, bong bong. Not easy. Costs a lot of money.
Speaker 3: Billions. They're going to be the buses. Did you let stadium that's pretty far from Boston, that's going to cost ninety five bucks. So between the Olympics, between the World Cup, when people ask you to gee to put your name in the lottery, No, no, because I don't want to be financially sodomized by freaking FIFA or the Olympic Committee.
Speaker 2: You don't want to be financially sodomized to watch judo? Yeah, what you get tickets for judo?
Speaker 3: Judo? Do you know who's playing? Not a clue.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming Korea.
Speaker 3: Well, trading my dressage for it. Ooh interesting, it's gonna be bad at LA.
Speaker 2: They're gonna charge four hundred bucks on the fast track lads.
Speaker 3: And that's as bad as it gets.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is well. We hope you enjoyed the week of shows. You can podcast them all on the iHeartRadio app for your smartphone, stream them live when they're live. We will be live again on Monday at two o'clock. Good luck to the Dodgers in Colorado. Tim kaits with Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck Nets Fraday. Adapt this country Grow
Speaker 4: MHM