Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Three KFI AM six forty Bill Handle here. It is a momentous Monday. That's the way we should call Monday's momentous Mondays, because that's what they seem to be lately. October thirteenth and the big news, and we're watching this in real time. First of all, the hostages several hours ago, all twenty hostages were released, the ones that we're still alive. Now, the bodies, the remains of the ones still held by Hamas who are deceased. They figured it out twenty eight of those those will be coming over, but obviously concentrate on the.
Speaker 1: Ones that were alive and they now are back on Israeli soil. The President.
Speaker 2: Is in Israel. He flew out to celebrate that. He also spoke in front of the Kanesset a little while ago and rightly took credit for it. He was introduced by the Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu as the greatest president that ever lived. Without his help, that is, without President Trump's help, this probably this would not have happened.
Speaker 1: And he's right.
Speaker 2: The President was able to pull all of this together because he's Donald Trump. He's Donald Trump, who happens to be president. No other president, I think would do this, because no other president would literally look at Hamas and say, you don't come to the table, you're gonna be blown to smithereens and we're going to help Israel do it. That wouldn't happen. Joe Biden would never have had that happen. Barack Obama, Bill Clinton, the George Bushes. Never this president did. And Hamas had to come to the table. So what's happening is the president then spoke I don't know. He was on for half an hour maybe up at the stand at the Dayas in front of the Kanesset, which is their parliament, and he had the teleprompters there, and boy did he go off script. I mean, he came up with stories about Steve Witkoff, who is the senior negotiator, and what Steve did and his background and just and stories talked about Jared Kushner, his son in law, who was instrumental all this, and how Ivonka converted to Judaism, and just talked about the seven forty seven that he bought for the United States from Cutter, and I mean it just was all over the place, and he's the one that was able to pull it off. Come on, well, typical Donald Trump. I mean, you talk about off script, okay, And that's the only thing at this point that I can really, I think, talk about a negative way about Donald Trump, because underneath it all, this guy made it happen. Now, as I said earlier, I'm going to talk about that in the next segment.
Speaker 1: Is how did this happen?
Speaker 2: Why did it take seven hundred and thirty six days? What did Israel do? And this is not being talked a whole lot about. Is that Hamas basically shot itself in the foot, in both feet, and the way where it guessed this guest where it would all go, and how they completely blew it. And I'll try to set up some timeline and dive into a little bit. In the meantime, the president right now is on Air Force one, having left Tel Aviv maybe half an hour ago. He will be landing in Cairo. It's a one hour flight from Tel Aviv to Cairo, and he will I can't even imagine what the hoopla is going to be as he lands at Cairo International Airport and will be feted like you can't believe because he is obviously he is the hero here. There are twenty world leaders that are in Cairo, and is a peace summit that is being convened, and talk about what's going to happen in Gaza. Now that the war is over and the hostage is part of it. That's been done. Now comes the hard part, and what is the hard part? Who is going to govern Gaza and the West Bank? Because Israel's putting all that together under a new Palestinian authority, actually an international authority that's going to govern Gaza such until such time that that can govern itself, which as far as Israel is concerned with this government, the Israeli government will mean the Ever, then you have will Hamas disarm itself? Will it cease to be will it cease to become a political force? Will the party because it's a political party as well the terrorist group as well as a governing group, so it hits all of those points in Gaza.
Speaker 1: Will it disarm? Will it dismember itself? Will it do any of that?
Speaker 2: Well, what's happening now, just getting reports that Hamas is jumping right into those areas that Israel has relinquished Israel has and this is part of the ceasefire, is that Israel has released about I would say sixty percent of Gaza to Hamas, which is still in charge. So if you look at Israel, imagine the entire eastern part of Israel, all of that eastern part of Gaza, all of that is in Israeli hands. Gaza City is not Eunice, is not the big city in the south that was at the point of a lot of this fighting and a lot of humanitarian aid not coming in. I mean, there's a lot going on there, but Israel, pursu into the agreement, still controls a lot of Gaza. Hamas now and these are the reports are now is now going around and executing people who they view were Israeli operatives or somehow we're traders to the Palestinian cause in Gaza and Hamas at this point looks like it's filling the void very very quickly. And frankly, I don't think Israel cares. You know, this is going to become an internal issue. All Israel cares about is the threat that Hamas is to Israel. All right, I want to take a break and come back because I want to dive into a little bit and there's some underlying reasons and where Hamas blew it completely. And I'm not just talking about the terrorist attack because that worked for them. It happened exactly the way it wanted to happen. As a matter of fact, there are some new documents that have just come up that show how successful that terrorist attack is per the plans and per the hopes of Camas. But also how mann did they screw the pooch on a political, international, geopolitical military matter. Now I want to talk a little bit about how all this came to be. One of them is the President, of course, effectively telling Camas this either happens, it happens now, or I'm going to let Israel just go right at it and I'm going to give Israel all the arms it needs to effectively wipe you out. It came pretty close to it anyway, and also telling Natanyahu, who was insisting we are not going to sit down with them until they have agreed that there will be no more Hamas, that they willed disarm, that was written in stone, and the President told Natanyahu that's not going to happen.
Speaker 1: And if we can't.
Speaker 2: Get these deel cut you're not going to see American arms anymore. Okay, both sides now come to the table. So let's talk about some of the facts we know, because as I said.
Speaker 1: This is not just Israel winning.
Speaker 2: This was Hamas losing, shooting itself in the foot, in the head, in the stomach. We have just heard, and this just came out a few days ago, that there were documents that were picked up by Israeli intelligence in the military written by Yaya Sinwar, who had been released from Israeli prison after twenty years during one of these prisoner exchanges, and he had written given instructions to the terrorists to go into Israel during that October seventh attack, to kill as many children, to burn as many buildings as possible, not only kill Israeli soldiers who were there, but also as many civilians as possible. And he did it not just because he hated and we're talking about it's not just him who wrote this. These were instructions being given by the hierarchy. And it's not just because they hated Israelis and don't believe in Israel being any kind of a sovereign country.
Speaker 1: It shouldn't exist at all.
Speaker 2: But they took the political tack, because here's what they assumed, and this was part and parcel. They assumed that once this attack happened, the entire Arab world would join Hamas in trying to destroy Israel.
Speaker 1: It's right there in the documents.
Speaker 2: The Arab world will understand that this is a fight for freedom and they will join us. And they knew they had the backing of his Blah. They knew they had the backing of Iran. They knew they had the backing of the various Isis and al Kaieda offshoots in Iraq. And they knew that Israel is this one loan country and if the United States weren't there, it wouldn't even exist. And they thought that the whole world, the Arab world, was going to be on their side. They missed it completely, of course they did. First of all, Hesbelah was wiped out by the Israelis. They just attacked His attacked South Lesbionon and Hesbelah is no longer a force. The attack on Iran, you had Israel straight out attack Iran, sending missiles, which had never happened before. And then the United States, this is where Trump came in and bombed facilities, nuclear facilities, and so Iran now doesn't have anywhere near the power that it has. So you have the two major allies of Hamas have just basically disappeared.
Speaker 1: They have devolved.
Speaker 2: So Hamas is now on its own for the most part, and the whole world as much as they hate Israel for what it has and is doing, or not anymore to the Palestinians, and there's a lot of hatred, and there should be a lot of hatred because while I don't believe the word genocide is appropriate, I do believe war crimes are appropriate and describing what Israel did. The problem is Hamas missed the boat because as much as the entire world, particularly the Arab world, looked at Israel as the enemy or at least gave lip service to the Palestinians, they hate Hamas as much as anybody does. The Arab countries do not want a Hamas controlling Gaza or any part of the Mid East.
Speaker 1: There are a bunch of terear Risks.
Speaker 2: They know it, and all of a sudden they as Hamas turns to them and says, please, you want to help us, you want to be on our side. Look what we did this magnificent thing that we did in attacking the Israelis on October seventh.
Speaker 1: They Hamas just missed it completely and so the.
Speaker 2: Guests, and it's the only way you can talk about this. The guess was wrong. Hamas didn't have a chance, I don't think after October seventh and what it did. And then keeping the hostages, that's the other really dumb thing. I can see the logic of taking the hostages. Obviously I disagree, I mean we all disagree. And the humanitarian issue involved in taking civilian hostages and killing civilians because they are Jewish, because they were Israeli, I can understand. They're crazy ass logic. What I don't understand is treating the hostages the way they did, starving the hostages, keeping them in cages, doing some horrific things. In one case, this was discussed over the news over the weekend. In one case, they took on a group of hostages were released pursuing to a couple of the ceasefires, and they took a group of them and turned over to the Red Cross, keeping one to see his fellow Israelis being freed, and then drove him back to the cage. In the tunnel, just the sheer in humanity of it. So underneath it all Hamas. They blew every single chance they had. They were never gonna win, but they made sure they lost. And as we speak right now, I'm looking at a love I've picture Air Force one is it has parked, the doors opened. There are probably I don't know the boya a dozen black suburbans that are out there and waiting for the President to come down the stairs of Air Force one at Cairo where the summit will start, the Gaza Summit will start.
Speaker 1: And look at all those planes lined up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those are for all world leaders that have come in.
Speaker 1: And nobody brings a little plane. No, they've all got bigg Well did you notice did you notice the Sea five?
Speaker 2: As matter of fact, they're driving right towards it right now, the big Sea five or the Galaxy with the smaller I think it's a seven to sixty seven. Also US Air Force Air Force one when the play president flies because the United States of America on it, the same the same paint scheme that's on the other ones. And this so whenever a president travels, as you can imagine, it's especially in this case, a whole lot of people travel with him, and there's enough for rom On air Force one. So here comes the other airplayed in this case, I think it was the seven to sixty seven filled with I don't even say reporters. I think reporters are on their own that one. Those would just be officials and people accompanying the president. This is one big, big deal, and the president will be the star of this, there's.
Speaker 1: No question about it, and deserves to be.
Speaker 2: They just have to keep them off this speech making for forty minutes at a time. Oh, also there is there were a couple of private seven forty sevens there that you could see. They didn't have the markings of an airline. There's some pretty rich people there in the Arab world all right Now on the other side of the coin is what's happening on this side of the world is the government shut down. It's going on three weeks now, started his third week, and it's no end in sight. The government shutdown now collides with the US economy. Miss paychecks Wednesday are the first miss paychecks, and billions of dollars of government services are going to disappear, and millions of workers are going to be affected, not just in government, but those who supply government. Because even if you have a company that sells to the government, for example, let's say janitorial services or copiers or whatever. I mean, the government obviously just make its own copiers. It buys it from the local copier store. Well, all of those payments stop. There ain't no money until the until Congress votes itself the ability to keep running the government.
Speaker 1: So where is where's this line? Why aren't they even agreeing?
Speaker 2: Because now when we talk about the disparity between the Republicans the Democrats, this is about as clear a ligne as.
Speaker 1: You can come to.
Speaker 2: And it's real simple with the Republicans want in the middle of all this, just give us a continuing resolution while we're figuring this out, while we're figuring out the budget, while we're figuring out the cuts if you want to call them cuts, and I'll explain that in a minute, to Medicaid and Obamacare subsidies. Let's just keep the government running with a continuing resolution, which just kicks the can down the road. And continuing resolutions happen more often than not. There is no deal that has come to the table where Democrats and Republicans can't agree, and so they pass a continuing resolution saying, Okay, we keep everything copasetic, we don't add any programs.
Speaker 1: It's called a clean bill.
Speaker 2: A continuing resolution is completely clean bill means it does there's nothing but just continue the government the way it's been going while we talk.
Speaker 1: Makes sense, that's completely logical.
Speaker 2: So why are the Democrats not going with this because they always have. Now let's move to the United States, and the pain of this governmental shutdown is hitting on Wednesday, day after tomorrow, the first checks don't arrive to government workers, and so this shutdown is colliding with the US economy. The miss paychecks, billions of dollars of government services which will not be given or will not be paid for, are hitting. And the president and the lawmakers in Congress are completely deadlocked. The Republicans and the Democrats are deadlocked. Why well, because the argument is that the Democrats are a little bit upset about is the president's priorities? And if the president, well, whatever the president's priorities are, the Republican parties and the Republican legislature, the Senate and the House, they are whatever the President says, they follow along. I mean, you talk about lap dogs. So the Democrats obviously fight that. And this has to do and here's where they're both right and wrong. This has to do with the cuts, Medicaid expansion, and the Obama Care subsidies for people who heretofore couldn't afford insurance. Several million people were put on the roster of Obamacare that weren't prior to COVID. So COVID comes in and the government says, okay, we are going to expand Medicaid and we're going to expand the subsidies for Obamacare so more people can be covered. This was temporary. This sunsets this year. And here is the problem. There really is no such thing as sun setting when you talk about a governmental program.
Speaker 1: And here's the analogy.
Speaker 2: All right, COVID hits or some massive problem occurs at work, and you are given a temporary raise for six months or two years, and you're told this is only good for two years. So two years pass, and then your boss says, okay, we're gonna go back to the previous pay level. You go, wait a minute, I get this, and you can't ask me.
Speaker 1: To go back.
Speaker 2: Well, it's exactly what I'm asking you to do is to go back. So you have the Democrats effectively saying these are cuts that the Republicans are cutting these programs.
Speaker 1: They're not.
Speaker 2: What they're doing is not extending the cuts that took place.
Speaker 1: They're allowing the sun.
Speaker 2: Setting cuts, the sun setting, sun setting, the sun I mean, get this right, I'm so good with words. The sun setting subsidies. He's Peter Piper picked a peck. The sun setting tanks you very much, subsidies to sunset. And the Democrats are saying absolutely not so, because they're saying people are going to be uninsured. Millions of Americans are going to be uninsured. They're not going to have the government support for medical care that they have now.
Speaker 1: And the Republicans are saying, hey, it.
Speaker 2: Was temporary, and it's a question of philosophy, and it's a question of what priorities are the existing government. The priority is immigration defense. The Democrats are we've got to get people insured, we have to have governmental programs that help people. The Republicans think helping people in the United States is a matter of defense, ensuring our borders and social programs are not as important.
Speaker 1: It's philosophy.
Speaker 2: Okay, So that being said, they are at a standstill because the Democrats are saying, noe, we're drawing. The red line is right here, right now, and we are not going to vote for that continuing resolution to keep the government alive for even a month while negotiations take place, because the Democrats rightly so, are saying the Republicans will never cave to this sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: And they won't.
Speaker 2: I mean, look what the Trump administration did with DOGE, and look what they're doing with programs all over the country. Look what RFK is doing with the CDC. Look what is happening Department of Transportation. They are cutting, cutting, cuting, cutting, cutting much less keeping programs alive that have been sunseted. And they said, we're done, We're done. And so there is the fight. Is there going to be some end to this?
Speaker 1: Yes? A couple of other things.
Speaker 2: Is the well the President ordered the Pentagon to repurpose research and development money to be able to make payroll for members of the military. The military doesn't get paid. They still have to be there, they don't get paid. Millions of workers still have to go to work and not get paid. Air traffic controllers can you imagine this, have to work and not get a paycheck, and so what do you do. Well, a lot of them call in sick, they just had it. And then the argument is, okay, so we'll get back pay. We always have that's been that's just been the pattern of what we do when their government shut downs. Well, the president is saying not this time. You're not going to get back pay to large segments of the workforce. Military will of course, how does he say no to the military. And on top of that, he has four thousand already workers who are not working, have been furloughed, fired, and you're not going to see back pay.
Speaker 1: Now. That gets interesting with the back pay.
Speaker 2: Business because even though it was policy to give back pay to workers during a shutdown, after the last massive shutdown, the Congress passed a law saying it is illegal not to pay furloughed employees or those who are not are off the books but still have to work. And the president and the White House is saying, we ain't going.
Speaker 1: To pay now. The law says that the government must pay back pay.
Speaker 2: And you know when that was signed, it was during Donald Trump's first term.
Speaker 1: He signed it, he said, he signed the bill that said there must be back pay.
Speaker 2: And now he's saying there Isn't you go, wait a minute, it's the law that you oh signed, there's your signature right on that law.
Speaker 1: Nope.
Speaker 2: Ah. The joys of this administration is when the laws on your side, the laws on your side, When the laws not on your side, the laws on your side.
Speaker 1: All right, We're done with that.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to The Bill Handle Show. Catch My Show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app