Speaker 1: Hey, hawk, we're getting more recommendations for the for the restaurant sisky Tommy takes over. My new favorite leader in the clubhouse is buy one, get one free, but buy spelled b I.
Speaker 2: That's so good. Every other day we just rotates the best a man can get.
Speaker 1: Don't you think they were like I do think even though again, the restaurant industry is tough. We've all seen the bear, right, it's a tough industry.
Speaker 2: You do seem like one of those guys.
Speaker 1: In the right town, you would be like the local legend, like, oh, Tommy's bar is so much fun. If you were the kind of guy that was hands on, that was at the bar like five or six nights.
Speaker 2: A week, really in it. Yeah, you could own like maybe.
Speaker 1: Not like a major metropolitan area, but like you would be the king of some suburbs, like yeah, we did.
Speaker 2: I never thought of it, dude, I'm not until right now. It'd be kind of cool. Can I get me sick?
Speaker 3: Can I I'm going to reference the story just I'm not going to give anything any details. The only part of that story I relate to is crying on the bathroom floor them there, I see a little Tommy and I feel so bad for it. Yeah, just I'm disgusted by him too, but I feel so bad.
Speaker 2: You just want to pick him up and give him a hug.
Speaker 1: Yeah, little Tommy made a lot of choices.
Speaker 2: I have a lot of questions about.
Speaker 1: But I don't know if you can go back in your brain at that point and understand your logic.
Speaker 2: But tell you made a lot of weird choices. But you though, Yeah, I was a little sad guy. Yeah he was lost Tommy right in there. Yeah that was bad, but I might be we might be careful, buddy'd be cool. But the KF and restaurant just got crush right.
Speaker 3: It was aweso him though it was the last It was awesome. Somebody out there's a restaurant tour. I'm sure I'll reach out to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that'd be super fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's get it on in the restaurant was sweet. It was just too early, wrong wrong place, wrong time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was. It would have worked if we if we were the last three or four years, it would have God, it would have worked. All the live stuff you could do there was so fun. And our audience is a billion times bigger than it was, and we launched. It was it Snelling? Yeah, it was. It was like a chipoli there now in that area? Are you? I haven't been there and was up there. So it's Grumpies now it was. I don't remember if it still is. I don't know if it's still is place. It's north of thirty six on Snelling.
Speaker 4: Correct a story about Eddie his offer story about Grumpies at Grumpies?
Speaker 2: Is that right? Oh yeah, Eddie, Uh, not welcome there anymore? What happened? No, he's a dirty dog though, Okay. Yeah, dude, Eddie travels more than anyone I know. Yeah, how about that. Huh. He's everywhere. It's unbelievable. Just the tube running around.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the worker person pleasure, pleasure, How to do it?
Speaker 5: Dude?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're living the esports are filled up. Yeah, but that was that was the caption.
Speaker 4: But they Yeah, they saw it was gonna be cold, and they went to Cabo for the weekend.
Speaker 2: I agree, must be rough, Yeah, it must be rough. They went to Japan. I saw that. Good for that man. They're living together. Did they go to Taiwan? Him and Eddie? That's not possible. Did they go to Taiwan? They did not go to Taiwan. Did you guys see that guy climb in Taiwan? Oh my gosh, I just can't believe it.
Speaker 1: I can't even watch it driving over bridges that are too d You have been brilliant, Like did you see those people in the windows that someone just had their hog?
Speaker 2: It been so funny. Fall or like promoted something there. Someone really missed out on there. Yeah, it was. It was unbelievable to watch. He's so cocky on the way up Dave tool Tool. Oh yeah, you guys love to love really that's what he had tool too. But I'm a fan of.
Speaker 5: Music.
Speaker 1: No, but I yeah, you've heard enough of Tools to say that you're intrigued by tool?
Speaker 2: Correct? Yeah, every other day your bathroom floor? O god, what I get paid for it? Half a million? He said that half a million.
Speaker 1: Mister beast has already said like, I would have paid you a lot more to do that on my YouTube channel.
Speaker 2: Sure, oh my god, yeah right, but I have Could he do the Excalibur? But what could he climb?
Speaker 3: I mean, like spend the night there? That's that's too risky.
Speaker 6: I could.
Speaker 2: That should be the next Netflix special Netflix. He's just talking to him in Vegas. That'd be kind of cool. Guitar. That's like, it's like a I mean, the guy just had a home run. That's like a bunch. I know, I still can't.
Speaker 3: The hardest thing for me it was blindfold at the top of it and like, oh, just standing there, yeah, yeah, just taking a selfie and standing there.
Speaker 2: I'm like too horny.
Speaker 3: Did they use a drone to follow him?
Speaker 2: Actual people? They had people on both? Do they know? I think both? But yeah, those people are putting his friend dangling out there filming him. I think he had it tucked away.
Speaker 7: Those shots look like a I though when they were doing it, I know, not weird.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he had his phone on him, like I know, let's take about what about when he gets like near the top and he just wraps his legs around and takes a break and like leans back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he takes his hands off.
Speaker 2: And yeah that god dang man. Why was Seth Rollins an analyst? Is my question? You guys know who's that is the worst part? Is he terrible? Terrible? I don't know. I just don't know, but I do know this. It's time for the nails, you guys. Hear some news, sure, news with Chris hockey Hi. New details have emerged about the fourth season of ted Lasso Ooh.
Speaker 3: Apple TV announced the Emmy Award winning show will debut globally this summer. The new season will see Sudeikis's Ted Lasso character returned to Richmond to coach a second division women's soccer team. The show was met with critical acclaim, with the first season becoming the most Emmy nominated comedy series when thirteen of sixty one Awards, it was nominated for It'll Be Back. I'm looking forward to it. Yeah, love that show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's good. Yep, pretty good. Dah, pretty good.
Speaker 3: This is left over from what really matters because I didn't get to it, but I think it's it's interesting. It was under state in what year do you guys think that Quoth the Raven Nevermore the Raven was published?
Speaker 2: What year do you think it was published?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 2: I feel like, oh man, we could be way off here.
Speaker 1: So I feel like Poe was a eighteen hundred's ish.
Speaker 2: Late eighteen hundreds. Maybe maybe it was earlier than that, don't know now, eighteen seventy five, eighteen eighty eight, nineteen hundred, I don't even know what it is Edgar Allan Poe Charleston, North Carolina. Right, that's where he's from. O when he was born.
Speaker 1: Nineteen oh four, So he's not from the Baltimore area. That's just where he's Did he die there? Did he live there? He's got a Baltimore connection. I thought it's Charleston. I mean, that's why they named him the Ravens.
Speaker 2: Well that's for Poe.
Speaker 3: He was born in Richmond, I believe. Okay, so he might have spent some time in Charleston, I know. But yeah, Baltimore is where he's h I guess known for a living. But anyway, eighteen forty five, wow, eighteen forty five. But here's some things I did not know. Edgrellan Poe the Raven Once upon Midnight or you know all that jazz. Right, Yeah, his work reflected his own tumultuous and difficult life. He's born in Boston in eighteen oh nine, orphaned at age of three, and went to live with family in Richmond, Virginia. Studied at the University of Virginia, but was expelled for gambling. God, I like this, I know right, later enrolled briefly at a military academy didn't stay there long. Eighteen twenty seven, self published a collection of poems. Six years later, short story one in fifty Bucks in a short story contest, did some editing of things. His excessive drinking got him fired from several different jobs. His macab work, often portraying motiveless crimes and intolerable guilt, induced growing mania in his characters, and he has a significant influence of many many including Dostoyevsky European writers. But I had no idea about the gambling thing in the the just had a rotten life.
Speaker 2: Apparently.
Speaker 8: His connection his connection to Charleston, as he was in the US Army stationed in Charleston.
Speaker 2: Oh there, you guys there for a couple of years. I love that city. Man. Yeah, there's there's a Poe's restaurant. Check it out next.
Speaker 3: Time you're kidding? Do they have by Tuesdays?
Speaker 2: Speaking of Charlest, did you guys watch Southern Charm?
Speaker 1: No, Southern is the worst show on TV, because my wife watches it, but I haven't seen it a long time.
Speaker 4: It horribly stays Southern Charm. If you buy into it, it's fantastic. It's actually really good.
Speaker 2: That one with Cam right and disbelief that that's why he was on there.
Speaker 1: Cameron from Real World, right that road rules Real World back in.
Speaker 2: The day, just a smoke show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so yeah, she's a realtor on there and then now now it's still going today and published from the neck up.
Speaker 2: By the way described Charleston looks like a lovely little city, nice little town. It's great. Have you been? It's the best, dude, you got it. It's like New Orleans. I can't believe you haven't been. The's really that many bars down there. My lawyer favorite city. Yeah, he loves it. You and lawyer Lambert been together lately. No, you guys need to tap in. Guy, God is gonna be seventy six two weeks. I kind of want to jug in on that. My god. No, you couldn't get out of something.
Speaker 1: No, man, I wish we could play music right now. I just feel like jam into some simple plan.
Speaker 2: That's all I know. Inside joke for I was literally yeah, I was crying out. Yeah no, poor little Tomas was confused. Huh. Anyway that you got there, that's the news. What all good you're doing?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 2: Look at your boy? Thanks Cord. I'm gonna miss you. Guys next week. But really, where are you going to Florida? Sas going to waste Management. I'm into Florida, my favorite part of the world. Underto where I'm going to die. That's the one. Is that thing? Is it in Key West? No, same Pete Beach. So you're going to meet the Eddie and your parents for what's going on?
Speaker 7: No, so, my sas Carli and Shelby, and it just doesn't matter at all.
Speaker 2: But there they're going to management. And then so Zacher going to Florida.
Speaker 4: No so one of the so Shelby's husband, Jordan, he lives in Saint Pete and we're going down to watch Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: And I'm taking Monday off. So guys weekend, guys weekend, damn it, guys golfing, going to Wishes. No, but this is not this is just this.
Speaker 4: Just adds to the whole story. I'm not even making this up. I didn't try to do this. They live in Saint Pete and their little burroughs called the gighborhood.
Speaker 2: Of course it is, Tommy, it's not a joke. And there's they're going to Disneyland. Help is on the way. Dear, You're going to your own private idahome. Do you think I'm making it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: They we literally, Yeah, there's no place like home. Yeah, there's no place like.
Speaker 3: I live here now.
Speaker 2: The good weekends. I wish I was going with you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it's gonna be super fun and we're watching, Yeah, just going to the bar.
Speaker 2: A lot of golfers in the super Bowl. Fantastic, right home and home grown gophers in the hop in the super Bowl, said.
Speaker 8: Right boy and Nick Calu, guys that came from the western suburbs.
Speaker 2: Dude, it's a big deal. It's gonna be great Will Seattle. I actually think the Patriots are.
Speaker 3: Gonna hang with him a little bit more than everyone else to.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so hey, do you guys, would you guys like me to like FaceTime? And went on Buzzy'd be kind of yes, leave me messages everyone, answer messages. Do FaceTime voicemails now, I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: I did not know that. Send them. Yeah, that's perfect, dude, do it. Okay, I gonna call us in five minutes. You drunk already. I won't be here next week, so I'll miss Old Thomas. You guys love it by far go, Thank you, buddy. Want to get up.
Speaker 5: Take him on a Tyson breaks out.
Speaker 3: Fargo and Tommy both gone, just left hes gone, so oh fie buddy.
Speaker 2: They did not want to hear sports. They're like, I don't blame them, don't blame.
Speaker 3: Them them everybody hears sports.
Speaker 9: It's time for a fan five on the Power Trip, presented by All Around your Timber Tech deck building contractor.
Speaker 2: That's right, thank you.
Speaker 1: The Minnesota Timberwolves beat the MAVs one eighteen, one oh five. Randall had thirty one in the win. The Wolves have won two straight. They now battle the Thunder tonight at eight thirty. The Thunder a like a five and a half point favorite.
Speaker 10: Three seconds left, the horn will sound here in Dallas. After two straight losses the Wolves, I should say five straight losses, the Wolves have responded with two straight wins.
Speaker 2: They beat the Golden State Warriors Monday.
Speaker 10: They take care of business against the Dallas Mavericks here tonight, one.
Speaker 2: Eighteen till one oh five.
Speaker 10: Back to back wins and the Wolves jump into the sixth spot in the Western Conference standings.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, good for them, you did it.
Speaker 1: The Gopher men's basketball team dominated the Badgers in the first half, but they absolutely collapsed in the second half, losing sixty seven to sixty three for their six straight loss. The Badgers scored fifty in the second half. The Gophers battle Penn State on Sunday. Yeah, they gave up seventeen points in the first half fifty in the second. Yeah, it doesn't even matter how good the other team is. That's just how do you do so well in one and so poorly in the other.
Speaker 2: That's a huge difference.
Speaker 5: I'll spread it up.
Speaker 10: With six with five steps up, got.
Speaker 6: His man in the air, shoots a three short rebound back tap from Dustin, and there's the home and the great news holders and which Thompson wins at sixty seven sixty three man and the Gophers losing streak has now hit six. They're ten and eleven overall, three and seven of the big ten was Tomson now fifteen and six, seven and three.
Speaker 2: I had a regret here.
Speaker 9: I mean I should have called time out with about two minutes to go. Just before that, we had a play called.
Speaker 2: They didn't.
Speaker 9: I thought it was a good call we did, didn't really execute it right, and instead of you know, playing I probably should have called one with about eighteen seconds to go and we didn't end up getting a great shot. There no guarantee we would have had gone the other way. But you know that part I put on me as a coach. But damn it, guys, you know, I just I'm just tired of feeling this way.
Speaker 2: I agree, easy math.
Speaker 1: But first half you give up less than a point a minute, yeah, second half you give up two and a half points on minute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yikes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, even that by itself, right, fifty points and a half is given up almost NonStop points. Yeah, it's almost scoring every possession, you know what I'm saying, Like based on what do you get maybe a little more than a possession, maybe two possessions at the most per minute, give or take right, something like that, and you're giving up two and a half points a minute.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: At well obviously, but sometimes it seems like it's it's less about how bad you are and how good they are.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Did they just come out and have just put the rocket ships together or what?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: I think it and Corey, I don't know if you watch it or a second or two, but like they are also in a situation where because they only place six and a half guys, as Corey said, they tire out by it.
Speaker 2: You have to tire out by about ten minutes.
Speaker 3: It because the injuries.
Speaker 1: Well it's seven normally seven because kay Tyson is one of them's course, but no kay Tyson last night. That doesn't help. That's your best player. But Reynolds play all played all forty minutes. Durkin and Crocker Johnson both played thirty eight. Another guy played thirty six. Well, like, essentially you're playing the entire game that's NBA minutes. Yeah, that's pretty rough. They are at Penn State Sunday at one. Yeah, let's go an ego. Let's figure it out. Man Zacho, your Wild battle the Flames tonight at seven o'clock.
Speaker 2: You're Wilder thirty fourteen and ten.
Speaker 1: You can three game on the fan. Calgary is coming in with a four game losing streak. They split the series with the Wild so far. The Wild shut them out back in November, but then they won Calgary one in at home. So it's an opportunity for the Wile two. Just again, we're all looking ahead to the Olympic break here, trying to just stay healthy and get in to that little break in the season before the big playoff push and yeah, we'll see Gus tonight.
Speaker 2: Should be fun.
Speaker 1: So they have what maybe two more games for for for the Olympic break two home, two road, okay, four left?
Speaker 2: Oh sweet?
Speaker 1: Just two more games at Grand Cassino Arena for about a month and a half, z Ezachly do you think they'll make another large trade?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think we we pushed most of our chips in with the Quinn Hughes trade, and I have to imagine Billy will if the opportunity presents itself, which who knows, but I think we're gonna go all in here. So again, a lot of names have been thrown around Volstad for one, which didn't necessarily help his trade value in the first part of the game the other day, but really helped down the stretch there put on some great highlight real saves.
Speaker 2: So h he's been a name that that that's been thrown on.
Speaker 1: There's been others, but yeah, I mean, they would probably very much benefit from from a top six guy if they can find one.
Speaker 2: But you know, dance partners, you need two of them. Can they find one? We'll see.
Speaker 1: I can definitely see them making a major move, but don't be surprised if they don't make a major move and just kind of stand pat, could you see him making a minor move? I definitely could. So just remember that you heard it here, seven thirty one in the morning, January twenty ninth, twenty twenty six. I did say all three things. That's covering all your bases. The Browns hired former Ravens offensive coordinator Todd Munkin. It's a five year deal. Such a Todd, Yeah, huge Todd. Cleveland fans have to be so pissed. And they hired a Todd. They hired like a sixty year old, top sixty year old Todd. Those are the worst Todds holds Todd Crohenbush.
Speaker 2: My fifties. Yeah, in his fifties, probably younger than me. Mane. Yeah, he's great. Are you gonna are you gonna hate him when he's sixty? No, he's great. He's the best. He's a nice Tod living in his house. But at some point he'll be a sixty year old Tie. Yes he will, and you'll.
Speaker 6: Like him.
Speaker 2: Like him, yeah, especially if we can stay at his house. Hogs City pay for it.
Speaker 1: The Super Bowl is ten days away and it features the Seahawks and the Patriots.
Speaker 2: Game time is five thirty. The Seahawks are a four and a half point favorite.
Speaker 5: I love it, you do.
Speaker 2: Cheering for Sammy. Let's go? Yeah, same, I would love the Hawks. Yeah, I would love Sammy to win. Sammy.
Speaker 1: The Milwaukee Bucks are going to make Giannis available and possibly a trade at the trade deadline, which is a week from today, or trade him in the off season. A lot of people who know way more than I do think the Wolves are a possibility.
Speaker 2: A lot of China. Yeah, your favorite Bond character, damn it, guys, or awesome powers? Yeah? Oh yeah, that's about all I got. That's all you got. I mean that's a much What else is there? I'm not supports?
Speaker 6: Guy?
Speaker 1: What about the Frost? The Frost beat the gold and Eyes four to one? Speaking of Bond, Yeah, there you go. The Vancouver Golden Eyes. Apparently Vancouver loves Nintendo sixty four of course, so good. Of course, the Twins traded Edward Julian and pitcher Pierson Old to the Colorado Rockies.
Speaker 2: So yeah, well see you guys. Eli Manning reportedly is not getting into the Hall of Fame. Ridiculous all the way.
Speaker 1: Have you been you know, have you seen Like Pro Football Talk dot Com posted the fallout from the Belichick story, and it's not about not voting for him not getting him in, But they kept saying like the by laws were violated, and as Mike Florio points out, nobody really knows what the bye laws are, but the Hall of Fame selection comty. But basically it's, Uh, if you guys are really holding personal grudges and then forcing other people to not vote for him because you think he was a pain in the ass or screwed your team.
Speaker 2: Over one or this or that, that's not the point of this. Like, the whole point of the.
Speaker 1: Selection committee is to try to be as objective as possible and just be like, is this guy worthy personal opinions aside of their character, right, like yes or no?
Speaker 2: I mean, we don't need to go on a rant. Of course, he's a Hall of Famer. What are we doing? Of course?
Speaker 1: Uh? Eli Manning's more debatable. A couple of Super Bowls, A couple of super bowls, but man he some of his numbers are not great, No, not great, but a couple one when it mattered.
Speaker 2: Beat our asses. Yeah, now I'm alone with.
Speaker 1: There's not a lot of vikings news, but we'll probably lie and make something up in a second.
Speaker 2: We have dot com tom today, it's tomorrow the sor ball. Oh what time tomorrow?
Speaker 3: Same time tomorrow?
Speaker 2: Down straight up? Okay, right straight my message and that don't work. Poor the poetry morning. You want to do this on the fan?
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 10: Sound time.
Speaker 2: Notion. Well, this is day by all right, welcome back, last Joe Archer on last trip. Here we are sunny seven in the morning.
Speaker 5: Just begun.
Speaker 2: Hey there, bye, hey there, old there, thank you. That hole there is kind of weird, isn't it. Yeah, she's kind of odd. I never thought about that. Hey there, Hi there, ho there we keep it is a good.
Speaker 3: We were talking about South Carolina, were we Why?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were talking.
Speaker 1: About like Charleston and Raleigh and those cities around that area.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're talking about Yeah, South Carolina's population is growing the fastest in the country.
Speaker 2: Never would have guessed that.
Speaker 5: Huh.
Speaker 2: It's a wow wheel. Everybody loves it. Yeah, it's a it's a prea cool place. We asked this probably twice a year. But let's see if anybody's answers have changed. You get the call that you have been dismissed from my heart. Minneapolis.
Speaker 1: Oh, I've had that happen before. What's it like for a second time? And uh, and you decide I'm out of here and you move tomorrow, what city do you move to? Sure Chris is going to say dead would but maybe not or the Keys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Keys has gone the number one because I'm cold.
Speaker 2: Keys is one sauce. Yeah, probably somewhere in Florida, Zachary like Hugo or something. Everybody else's moment to hear go No, I think, uh, Denver, that's my city.
Speaker 1: You want to get an apartment and see what happens, I would say Denver as well. Yeah, you put out Wow, Jesus, that was really blunt. I mean, well, the answers, yes, but that was really blunts. Yeah, that was right to the point that Denver's my choice too.
Speaker 2: I love that area. It's super close to Vegas. Who lives down there, and yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't want to live in Vegas, but that's the Viking distance. Yeah, and it's got everything and snowboarding and there's hiking trails and there's weed raising.
Speaker 2: Canes and weed and uh, other places that we like. Red Rocks amphitheater what I'm talking about? Sure, yeah, m it's time for us on the Power Drift, presented by the Latest on Vikings is well Sauge drafts coming up. Yeah, the draft is twelve weeks from today. Playoff raises heat up.
Speaker 1: Yep, there's the super Bowl, yeah, I said Vikings News. Oh yeah, yeah, I think yeah, this offseason will be great. They need to figure out what they're going to do at quarterback. They probably need a center. If the I think it's Tyler Lindenbaum is the Ravens center. He is a free agent. If they don't franchise him or sign into a new deal, he would be probably the top person on the Vikings list to sign. You gotta figure out what you got to do with Addison. Yeah, they got a lot of questions in the eighteenth overall pick. It'll be fun man, and it's I mean the combine is like three weeks from today.
Speaker 2: That's right, won't be long. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Warner Brothers Discovery is partnering with x for the upcoming Winter Olympics in Italy. The company's going to share exclusive behind the scenes video content and highlights on social media site throughout the games.
Speaker 2: I was wondering, like is it on NBC this year? Again?
Speaker 1: Like, is yes, all of the Olympics on NBC, Yeah, but like all of their networks as well, right, so yeah, my guess is just like like past Olympics, I bet on a given day, Zach, what is there six different channels that have coverage? Yeah, like I'm sure MSNBC, CNBC, Peacock, NBC.
Speaker 2: I'm sure there's even maybe others.
Speaker 1: NBCs and it made a comeback. That's where I believe the the gold zone is going to be, which is the red zone? Scott Hansen hosted, Oh yeah, so.
Speaker 3: The gold zone?
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, I'm pomp man. I love the Olympics, can't wait. Don't watch a ton of it? Super fun.
Speaker 2: I'll take a couple of weeks off of poker. What really, stop watching? Stop watching.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna play, it's for sure. I gotta get people money, right, who wants money? Come play cards against me? But I'll stop watching poker for a couple of weeks and watch the Olympics.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, why not? It's the best. Man.
Speaker 3: Did you guys see Lebron James crying on the sidelines during the Cleveland.
Speaker 2: What's the basketball team?
Speaker 1: Name potentially the last game man. Yeah, why would he hang it up right now? Isn't he still doing all?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Old he plays, he does, I think, if I'm right, I think if he misses one more game for like an unexcused absence, I don't think he can either play in the All Star Game or be have any like you know of the He can't win any awards that those are like the rules and these winning awards.
Speaker 3: Anyway, his legacy is not like he's not loved.
Speaker 2: He is still mostly loved.
Speaker 1: You think he's polarizing, but he's polarizing. There's definitely people that don't like Lebron James at all. He's got He's got a hater group for sure. But again, he is Tommy's generation's Michael Jordan, right, like our our guy was Jordan.
Speaker 2: Their guy is Lebron's Tiger. Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: So he's he still is iconic for the vast majority of people. But definitely he kisses people off. Yeah, and he definitely has a little lack of self awareness from time to time where he doesn't understand how narcissistic things like I'm taking my talents to South Beach.
Speaker 2: Like, I don't think he has the censor for when he does things or says things like that. But that's all right. He flops a lot. Yeah, nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 1: Hey, by the way, can we go back to the Olympics for a second, because I shocking I was watching Twincy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's go. We've been an Elizabethabeth didn't didn't fact check this, but Elizabeth three said this yesterday.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: The state of Minnesota apparently is sending the second most Olympians of any state in the Union.
Speaker 2: Work Together, Team trivia.
Speaker 1: What is the only state sending more athletes to the Olympics than Minnesota?
Speaker 2: Colorado, Utah? Colorado is the correct answer? Wow, Skiing, Yeah, snowboarding, skan. I'm sure they got a hockey player. Two? Yeah, what do we have? Is it like five or six hockey players from Minnesota? Men and women are best both?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sorry, I'm saying men for sure, right, I think we have I think we have about five or six of each, right, men and women?
Speaker 2: I would guess. Yeah, see here I can pull that up.
Speaker 1: I'm sure brock Nelson, brock Faber, you said, Jake Gentsel, Jake Ottinger, Yep, So there's four lover forgetting you said Gensel, Yep, yep.
Speaker 2: So is there more than that?
Speaker 1: That's so cool man? Yeah for ho for men's hockey, that's at Faber, Ottinger, Brock and Gensel. Than women's we have Kelly Panic, graz some Winkle, east Line, Taylor Heisey, who is actually.
Speaker 2: Going to be married to Parker Fox. Get out of here? What window? Okay? Would we rather have a polstor today or tomorrow? Today?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Better today?
Speaker 3: Yeah, just a text that he can do today instead.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Good. Georgia Berkland, Go Bears, Go Bears. She's from White Bed. Don't know she was a bear. But yeah.
Speaker 1: We have speed skaters eleven curlers. Of course, we got Jesse Diggins from Afton in the cross countryside. Did you say speed skaters plural? How many speed skaters do we have? It looks like too. We also have Greta Myers from Lionel Lakes an sports try. I like the biathlon not a skate though.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Biathlon features Margie Free from Apple Valley, Lucci Anderson from Golden Valley, and Tommy Olsen from Auto MUNI get confused. Hang on there, if you if you saw a world class by athlete right, somebody that skis and then shoots. How many names would you have guessed before Margie? I know Margie is a old class biathlete.
Speaker 2: Yeah. How you say it? A biathlete thirty? I bet they were watching Fargo ninety six. Yeah a good point. Yeah yeah, who else? I mean you don't have mar Ot there? No, you could be a Margaret that just goes by Margie. I love her. That character is so great. God, who's that guy over there? Fire and you know?
Speaker 1: Shot there? Look at that shooter on skis. That's a that's Margie, Margie. Margie's the one skian.
Speaker 2: It could be a Simpsons fan as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a little bit send her to Italy. Interesting, all right, way to go, Margie. You said, is that the gut from Lino? Who's the one from Line Lakes?
Speaker 2: We find it here?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: I lost it. Maybe it was one of the speed skaters. Yeah, a Minnesota shout out to Lino Lakes.
Speaker 3: Dayline Monaco, which, golly, ma I got to go there some day.
Speaker 2: It's beautiful.
Speaker 3: Three track and field athletes have been found guilty of betting on their teammates wow in events at the World in European Championships.
Speaker 2: That's supportive. I love it. Yeah, I bet you're gonna win. I'm gonna bet money on you in the ports.
Speaker 3: In the most serious breach of these sports rules prohibiting betting, French middle distance runner Aurora Flurry one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I know she's in the wrong industry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one five thousand dollars on a two thousand dollars wager. At the twenty twenty four European Championships in Rome, German discus throwers Hendrik Johnson and Steven Richter made bets totaling uh well, one hundred euros waste.
Speaker 2: What a waste if you're going to track field day millionaires. Yeah, but if you're gonna go for it, if you're if you're willing to get caught, you better make it worth your for that. One might have been going for it, you know, maybe, Yeah, I mean then again they're they're German discus throwers. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 3: Fleury got a six month ban so order to pay thirty six hundred euros, which is probably more thany one thirty two year old runner is a French national champion that by anyway, so gambling, it's it's it's it's everywhere it's happening in the trek and field.
Speaker 1: Hopefully nobody that is going to the Olympics is going to get busted for something like this, especially the Minnesota that are going. One thing they did not mention on Twin City's Live that maybe Zachary, maybe you can google this quickly and look this up. You're pretty good at that stuff. If Colorado's number one, in Minnesota's number two, how many states have zero winter athletes going to Italy. Yeah, that's a good question. Let's see who the ophers are. I can go through my own how you want to? Just want to go through the Yeah, wow, Alabama, Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware.
Speaker 2: We screwed it up. Yeah, but I don't think that's episode. Yeah, alphabetically that's wrong. But keep going alpha. No, at least are states states.
Speaker 1: So these are about I thought you were singing this song and going You started singing the song and I'm like, you're you're way off.
Speaker 2: Go ahead.
Speaker 1: So these are the ones that have zero zero Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Hawaii, No. No winter olympians from Hawaii, Wow, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, Noveada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, and West Virginia.
Speaker 2: That's nineteen. Wow, I would have that's a lot.
Speaker 1: I would have guessed the problem. If somebody said, how many states have zero winter athletes? To get zero winter Olympic athletes, I'd be like, I would think most found one somehow, some way, yea, some you know, somebody found a way onto a team or an event. I would have maybe guessed it was going to be five or six states that have zero.
Speaker 2: Nineteen. Yeah, nineteen is a ton.
Speaker 1: Now you could go, well, dumbass, like half the country is warm weather. Yeah, I'd still say, yeah, but you know, Jason Zucker is in the NHL and he played hockey in Vegas, like warm weather states can still produce winter athletes.
Speaker 2: What are we talking about? You get his start like on rollerbla yeah, roller exactly. Yeah, yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: So I would have guessed it was a handful. But nineteen yeam, come on states, Yeah, come on, come on, Montana, Yeah, we're going West Virginia.
Speaker 2: How are you doing that now? South Dakota? Yeah? How come they can't put together something? It's freezing there? Yeah. The Dakota's area. There's no good ice hockey players from South Dakota.
Speaker 1: I guess now they're busy going to Sweeto Burrito. Man, sweet O Burrito is better than the gold medal.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you guys see the story about Michael Johnson, the former Runner, and how his Grand Slam Track League owes forty He was trying I just reading the story, but he basically was trying to do like a make the track league, like a popular thing, like a professional league, and he put a bunch of money into it, and it is it filed Chapter eleven bankruptcy and he owes forty dollars. I'm not surprised, if only because so Grand Slam Track would air oftentimes after NASCAR Xfinity Series races on the CW and the amount of production, the value of it, like the quality everything, all the work they put into it. I'm like, this is really high level stuff. But who the hell is watching Grand Slam Track on a Saturday afternoon in the middle of summer.
Speaker 2: I Tackletarry Tuma. Yeah, I mean, you know, I and Tackletarry likes to watch all that stuff.
Speaker 1: He's just like sports in general. So yeah, yeah, I'm not totally surprised. Wow, poor Michael Johnson.
Speaker 2: Yeah well actually, yeah, well he's going to be poor. It's going to be poor. Yeah, he is.
Speaker 3: Do you guys remember Charles Pnett Tullman.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, he said col right, I think he is.
Speaker 3: Now did you know that for nine years after he retired from football, he was an FBI agent.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't either. Sounds like a mini series. Yeah, yeah, that sounds like something that would be.
Speaker 3: For many years after retiring from football, Tubman worked as an FBI agent. Most of the time he was on a Safe Streets task force at a small cubicle in the FBI building in downtown Chicago.
Speaker 2: He searched.
Speaker 3: He researched drug trafficking, human trafficking, robberies, murders, organized crime, racketeering, and more, and then working the streets, he tried to get a handle on a suspect's pattern of life and made arrests.
Speaker 2: That's really cool. Well, final year at the FBI.
Speaker 3: He served as his firearms and tactical instructor, teaching others to shoot and engage in close quarters combat.
Speaker 1: Let's say you're doing something. Let's say you're doing something terrible. Yeah, human trafficking, child trafficking, everything you just.
Speaker 2: No, I mean, let's say it's bad. Okay, it's bad.
Speaker 1: You're a terrible piece of crap human being, Okay, all right, And you're doing whatever you're doing in the Chicago or Greater Chicago area and the FBI closes in on you and they bust you, and your evil gross operation is over? Could put yep? Put an in walks, Peanut Tillman. And by the way, you're a Giant Bears fan.
Speaker 2: Right, and you're like, yeah, god dang, it's like my rate of evil is over. And you're like, well some of the bit you, Peanut Tillman put and you're.
Speaker 1: Asking for autographs as you're doing, you know, the next fifty years in prison.
Speaker 2: Ye, man, that would be a trip though. Yeah. Hell of a player, buddy player. It's an honor. Yeah, man, that would be weird. Hey can you get in my mug shot? Yeah? Well I'll be.
Speaker 1: Hey, Peanut, get your one call from prison. Yeah, guess who arrested me? Yeah, Peanut Tillman, gotta go, Steve hang up.
Speaker 3: He retired in January.
Speaker 2: You know why?
Speaker 5: Umm?
Speaker 2: Is it guessable?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It is? You look outside? Oh, is that right, Yeah, is that right? That's right? Yeah, he was not a fan of racial profiling, Is that right? Yep?
Speaker 3: How about that? This is a story from the Athletic.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 3: I had no idea any of this, man, and I can't believe I didn't, because they talk about the peanut punch all the time, all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Dan Pompeii article today on the Athletic, really fascinating article.
Speaker 2: I love his butter crunch peanut Tillman's yeah, Pompeii. Oh, I get it because of the peanut punch. Yeah, I get it. Sauce, Yeah, no, tell me everything you know about Pompeii.
Speaker 1: Uh, there was a volcano erupted, uh mounts Vesuvius?
Speaker 5: Is that again?
Speaker 2: Mount Vesuvius?
Speaker 1: And I think the people were all shocked that it went off and they're like frozen in time.
Speaker 2: I only know that because there's like a George Carlin joke about it.
Speaker 5: Is that right?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 1: He says, yeah, yeah, yeah, look at you. Thanks all done on the Vesuvius thing. That would have brought me up.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you. We can do Fan five in a second.
Speaker 1: It sounds like we're going to talk to Tom Bellisara later but also at some point in the eight o'clock hour when we talk headlines. Man, you know there's a there's a value to nostalgia. Yeah, and a lot of companies try to capitalize on it. Man, if you didn't see what McDonald's is doing, Man, that is my childhood right there.
Speaker 2: Oh that is my freaking childhood and they're bringing it back. We'll talk about that later, all right, where it could be.
Speaker 1: Oh, man, I would argue this, this was the happy meal that got me the most pumped, and they're bringing it back.
Speaker 2: Oh sweet. Then Tommy like it too, if you know what I mean, Yeah, I mean when you know what it is. Yeah, there's a couple of jokes you can make there.
Speaker 1: All right, More of the Power Trip after this on the fan, the stories on all Once
Speaker 5: Upon the Times, Sad