Speaker 1: So we're playing a game called think fashion. You've probably heard his play it before. We name a subject like something you keep in your glove compartment.
Speaker 2: Go uh.
Speaker 1: One une, okay, So gen's the host. I'm gonna play versus v first one to get seven is the winner. Good luck vaugh, Good luck Dave.
Speaker 3: Fall category to start, no letter to go with this? Here we go. What is a fall flower?
Speaker 2: Petunia? I don't know. No, chrysanthemum.
Speaker 3: Yeah, moms is it really? Moms are everywhere? No, he doesn't get that. I don't know what I did write a point out?
Speaker 2: They never never heard the term fall flower?
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, yeah, I was like, what's something that you might wear in the fall? Yes, okay, I would say.
Speaker 2: I thought it was thank you for being a good sport.
Speaker 3: You know I need you to be by ears? I heard. Okay, all right, he said it louder. That's fine, all right. Next one, give me a spooky fall creature. Well's gonna get it with ghosts. Good job, von alright, Next up, name a fall vegetable. I don't think it's a vegetable. Swash or squash squash, sound like swashed for a second, okay, David von has won. Give me a false spice pumpkin? Yeah, option would there have been? Okay, you should get the pumpkin spice cappucchino out of holiday. By the way, it's super good. All right, two to two tied up right now? What is a popular fall sport?
Speaker 2: Football?
Speaker 3: Yes, good job.
Speaker 1: By the way, I'm gonna throw this out there. Best college football game I've ever seen was on Saturday. U c l A beat Penn State. If you know, you know, and that's.
Speaker 3: All I'll always say, how you're so happy you don't care about NFL anymore? But I feel like now you become a college football person.
Speaker 1: No, I love college football because it's got It's just got this vibe. There's this atmosphere to college football that pro football doesn't have. Pro football just reeks of like money and rich old white guys getting richer. And college football is you know, young black guys getting richer.
Speaker 3: So but then why don't you like Ohio State? Then?
Speaker 2: Because all is win?
Speaker 1: Sorry, it's a boring team that that all they do is win.
Speaker 4: Not against Michigan. That's the hottest that's the hottest game of the century.
Speaker 3: Every where.
Speaker 2: Do you get your information?
Speaker 3: My mom? She's from.
Speaker 1: Okay, that is the big game, but Michigan sucks lately, so let's not get into it.
Speaker 3: Okay, fine, all right? Name a game that you could play at a fall festival?
Speaker 1: Apple bobbing for a bubble? I don't know. Is it too late to call in sick?
Speaker 3: Arright? What is an animal that might be associated with a full moon?
Speaker 2: Cat?
Speaker 3: I was gonna go with were wolf, LB, but I'll take cat. Well, were wolf was kind of not real. All right, it's day four von three. We're so continuing on with a few more fall categories. What is a big holiday in the fall?
Speaker 2: Halloween?
Speaker 3: Yes, I now I'm psyched myself out that I'm not going to Oh no, you also could have said kaor cat. I mean, yeah, it is a big holiday. All right. How about what is a common fall decoration? I'll give you leaves. I'll give you leaves. Okay, all right, let's see Davis five, Vodkas four. We're gonna move on to a different category because it doesn't always have to be fall theamed am I right? Give me a two letter word that starts with a as yes.
Speaker 2: Wow, Wow, come.
Speaker 3: On, baby, paid five to five. We play till seven. Give me a three letter word that starts with SAT. Oh, Dave, just by a hair Bailey, I'm not trusting your ears anymore. I'm not listening. Okay, all right, and the sky is blue? What all right? Next up? Game point for Dave. If you get this, Dave, give me a four letter word that starts with T.
Speaker 2: Tone wow, good job.
Speaker 3: Date all right? That one whoever gets this next one is the winner. Oh, this is game point for both of us. Give me a five letter word that starts with M. Mike just sabotage you by being like M did you say, good job? You're the winner today? Congratulation all right?
Speaker 1: And this to me is so funny because I don't mean to make fun of you, but you got to admit your story of a failed seduction is rather comical.
Speaker 5: Anna, Oh my gosh. I well, it's like you go in those dates and something you'll remember forever and not a good way.
Speaker 1: And not a good way, but you can you'll laugh at it. You'll laugh at it one day. Tell me your story about your failed seduction attempt. And by the way, we don't know Anna, I don't think she's my friend. She's your friend.
Speaker 3: She's my friend. She goes on a lot of hinge dates. She was the one.
Speaker 4: She had somebody try to essentially get a green card from her at one point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so go ahead, what happened?
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, this guy lives in the country. We met face to base. We actually made it to a third date. Felt very proud of myself. So I had him over to my place to watch him movie movie and and the credits roll and I turned him. I'm like, do you want to make out? He says yes. I'm like, let's go. So we start macin I'm vibing. I take my top off and he just freezes like you're in the headlights, not in a good way, like eyes wide, arms up his side and I was like, are you okay? And he says, are we going to fast? And this man's forty, So in my mind I was like, boy, you don't have time. We gotta go fast.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 1: I don't want to I don't want to be too salacious and I'm not trying to be Were you naked with the top off or bra on?
Speaker 5: Top off, braw on? Like yeah, so one step away, but still there's a lot of skin showing. Yeah, and then it's just silent.
Speaker 6: Like he's frozen. And then I put.
Speaker 5: My top back on in silence and sit next to him. Moments go by, and he puts his hand on my shoulder and goes, I just really like your personality. WHOA I know, personality compliment, but not after I showed you my tap, Like that is a bold move.
Speaker 1: Now, I don't know that I've ever had a woman actually go I'm gonna pull my shirt off.
Speaker 2: I did have. I was on the I was on his end of a failed seduction. One time. I was at a girl's house.
Speaker 1: We dated maybe like like three or four times, and we came we went to her house to watch a movie and I fell asleep.
Speaker 2: During the movie. I woke up.
Speaker 1: She was sitting on the end of the couch in lingerie and I looked up. I woke up, and I'm like, oh god, no, I was just not interested. I was tired. I was not into that kind of thing, and I was like, I gotta go. And I still feel bad for her to this day that she went into the bathroom, brushed her hair, probably took a t ate a tic tac put on lingerie, came back out for some hibbity bibity, and the first thing you do is oh god, And that was my first reaction was, Oh, you.
Speaker 3: Didn't do that out loud, did you?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Oa, That's what I'm saying. Like that, I left almost immediately. It was like not into it. And I still remember saying goodbye to her new lingerie at the front door. So what do you think happened?
Speaker 2: Anna?
Speaker 5: I do not know.
Speaker 3: I think wait, what happened after he put his hand on your legs?
Speaker 5: Oh my god?
Speaker 3: Uh? Around you shoulder?
Speaker 5: The legs would be too salacious for this man. He we sat, there is more silence, and then this man skidaddled. He was like, oh, well, stands up, and he's like, I better get going. And then don't worry. He complimented my golf clubs that were by the door on his way out.
Speaker 2: Oh god, this stuff up.
Speaker 5: Like, oh you got the callaway there? And I was like, bro, is.
Speaker 1: There any chance?
Speaker 2: Is there any chance that he was gay?
Speaker 5: Okay Bailey? And I've discussed this definite possibility because the fear in this man's eyes when I just like took my top off, it was I've never received that look before, and this is not my first time. This is not my first rodeo of this.
Speaker 3: I wanted to like excuse him for being very, very inexperienced or something. But by the time you're forty yeah, yeah, you don't really get to have that excuse. And it's your third date.
Speaker 4: Like if you're ten minutes in your first date and somebody takes their top off, yeah, you'd be like, whoa, we're moving fast. But this, like she's spent multiple hours upon hours with this guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you seem to hit it off and he seemed to be ready.
Speaker 3: You literally invited him over to see a little bit.
Speaker 1: Weird to me that said do you When you said do you want to make out? Usually you just kind of like lean over and then he realizes that you know, the ship is coming in and he leans over and next thing you know, you're making out.
Speaker 2: But that that did to.
Speaker 5: Offer him the opportunity he hadn't out.
Speaker 3: He could have said that, oh yeah, he could have been like, no, I'm good. I think also, Dave, because you haven't dated in a while, I think that that is kind of a normal thing to ask people to make out nowadays, just like to make sure boundaries are okay and everyone's okay with it, and yes, I know that Anna is the one who asked him, but still, like I think guys ask girls that too sometimes sound just to make sugar on the same page.
Speaker 1: Totally makes sense. Sure, well, better luck next time. We got your number, because we're gonna check in with you periodically to see how badly it's going.
Speaker 3: So are you still talking to this guy?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: No, I sent him.
Speaker 5: I wish you the best.
Speaker 1: The best, by the way, let's talk more about those golf clubs, because that sounds really hot. I tell you this one. I don't know you, Anna, but we've had you on the show a couple of times. You have a delightful personality. There are millions of guys that would date you on personality alone. You could have a face that looks like a bottom of the bottom of my shoe and people would date you because you have a wonderful personality.
Speaker 4: And it's also got a bang and booty. So I don't know what they're not looking at, but it's not fair.
Speaker 2: Thanks for off. Yeah, I'm gonna take.
Speaker 1: This is a classic Katie wb bit that happened back when Fallon was on the show, and this was eightish years ago something like that. So we had set up somebody to pretend to call in to pretend to be Nick Jonas for a radio interview. It wasn't Nick Jonas. It was some friend of ours, but Fallen thought she was talking to Nick Jonas, and then Nick pulls a fast one on her. Remember it's not Nick Jonas at all, but Fallon thought it was. Here's what happens. Okay, hold on, because this is a big deal. We are privileged to have our boy Nick Jonas on the phone. And Nick Jonas there's a rumor that Nick Jonas might be coming to town soon for a special Katie WB a little concert. So we're talking to Nick Jonas and I think as soon as they put him on hold, I will pick him up and we'll be ready to talk to Is he ready then?
Speaker 2: Yep? Hello Nick Jonas. Hey, hey, good. Do you know what I was just thinking of.
Speaker 1: We're going to talk about your new music here in a second, but I was thinking about how last month I saw you in New You were out there for the big iHeart meeting and we're listening to all kinds of different artists and you played that show under the Bridge. Obviously you remember that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was the best time. I love performing in New York. It's the best place to do it.
Speaker 1: Where I was going to ask you, when you're touring, are there cities that you look forward to going to or are there cities that you're like, oh god, I don't want to go to Cleveland again.
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Well, I really do enjoy New York. I think it's got a great energy to it. You know, really is the city that never sleeps. I have the best time when i'm there.
Speaker 1: Do you get to the point sometimes where as an artist, you're on stage and you're doing a show and you can't remember where you are? Have you ever given a shout out to like, what up Atlanta? And it gets real quiet because you're in Spokane? Has it ever happened?
Speaker 7: It definitely happened. I'm not at liberty to discuss all the details.
Speaker 1: That's kind of embarrassing. We also know that I've been talking to Fallen about your new song. Do you got the name of the new song? Okay?
Speaker 2: Fallen? Called what is it?
Speaker 3: Find You?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: And this is the I mean you've you're you're a great songwriter, and you want to talk about find you a little bit?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I don't know if you can hear me I don't have my microphone.
Speaker 3: Then I'll be honest with you.
Speaker 2: Can you can you hear Fallen?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm sorry.
Speaker 8: Her name is Fallin Fallin yeah, like Jimmy, but it is my real name.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh is there a problem with the name Fallon?
Speaker 7: Uh No, I'm just uh, I'm sorry, this is pretty awkward. I just you know, I really prefer if we could get Fallen off the mic or just out of the room so we can continue the interview. I'm just remembering a few years ago I came to jingle Ball and she was talking a lot of trash about me backstage because my voice was really slow and quiet. I was under the weather trying to preserve my instrument, And do you remember talking serious to knock about me? So I really don't think I can.
Speaker 2: I don't know that that. I don't know that that happened. Are you are you serious?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I just can't speak with her. I thought I was going to be.
Speaker 8: Talking to Dave, but that I thought, you're kidding, I Nick, that literally never happened.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 8: I didn't even do your interview. I didn't do your interview. I think I was actually, how do you remember that name?
Speaker 1: Though? That Fallon, because you did come to jingle Ball a couple of years ago, and I remember that.
Speaker 2: You know, Yeah, you were a little bit quiet.
Speaker 7: But while I forget cities and in places, I can never forget voices. You know, music is what I do, so whenever I hear someone's voice, it's pretty instantly recognized.
Speaker 1: So you watched her to leave the room, and that.
Speaker 7: Would be preferred me.
Speaker 8: Okay, well, I will definitely leave the room. But I will leave the room because I don't want to make you uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: Nick. But if that ever happened, and I don't do that to anyone, because I like.
Speaker 8: To respect people just as much as I like to be respected, I'll apologize to you because that's terrible.
Speaker 3: I would I would never do that to anyone.
Speaker 8: So I'm really sorry if that happened, but I will leave the room because I definitely don't want to make you uncomfortable.
Speaker 9: Well, we all make mistakes, that'side, you and I and Stee will continue to talk, so Fallen will walk out.
Speaker 7: Yeah, listen, I just think that would be in everybody's best interest.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Can I tell you that that Fallen is believing all this and this is all made up. This is not Nick Jonas, this is who are you anyway?
Speaker 7: Hey guys, I'm talker. I'm a friend of Dave.
Speaker 8: I literally was like, I would never Actually I might do it. I guess I don't think so. That made me sick of my stomach.
Speaker 1: You know what, I was gonna act to actually see if Fallon would walk out of the room. But Fallen actually looks so sad and hurt that I was like, Okay, we got to let her off the hook.
Speaker 2: It's funny now though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess I'm so taken aback. I don't even want to say. I felt so terrible.
Speaker 5: I'm like sucked.
Speaker 3: I mean, I literally didn't make him.
Speaker 8: Glad you picked me Jonas by the way, because she.
Speaker 2: Really big fun of him.
Speaker 8: For that reason, I said, we get an interview with him all the time. And I was and I'm like, and then he put me on the spot asking a song man like, I know.
Speaker 3: It's blank a new song name.
Speaker 2: We thought, you know what I'm gonna tell you, so I could tuck her.
Speaker 8: Thanks for best acting you two have ever done in your own line.
Speaker 1: You tuck her, I'm gonna tell you. I'm gonna tell you. We we had her. I don't think you sound much like Nick Jonas at all. And I thought, if anything, that one would be like, this is not Nick Jonas.
Speaker 2: But you bought it all the.
Speaker 3: Way and all in my mind.
Speaker 8: I'm thinking, God, iHeart has a million things with him. I'm never gonna be able to do any of our ipart events again because Nick Jonas has.
Speaker 3: It out for me.
Speaker 1: Nick Jonas would not come to jingle Well because's gonna be there. Imagine Nick Jonas said, I'll come to jingle Ball, but if Falan's there, I'm not coming. Hey, Tucker, listen you you I owe you one. I owe you a burger, buddy, So I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: The hell's Tucker?
Speaker 2: And where's we find it?
Speaker 7: I said, don't worry, We'll make it happen in time.
Speaker 4: Guys.
Speaker 1: We play a little game once in a while, and you can play this with a coworker at lunch, or your kids in the car, your partner on a drive or whatever it's called. Mind meld yes, and you try to get each other to say the same word on the third attempt. So you would start off by going three to one. Both of you say a war, Okay, let's do that one. Ready, here we go three two one banana.
Speaker 3: Okay, banana and waffle.
Speaker 4: So now we're trying to find the connection between those two words. And at the count of three, say the same word and mind our melt, wait, meld our minds together. We got banana and wall Okay, ready, three two one broader, breakfast and butter.
Speaker 2: We got it.
Speaker 1: We got three to one toast. We're getting close, though, Okay, baileyen font try to mind meld. Okay, think are I give you five seconds to think of a word.
Speaker 2: You're ready?
Speaker 3: Go three two one jack o lantern, pickles and jack o lantern.
Speaker 2: Okay, Oh you got this?
Speaker 3: Got it? Ready?
Speaker 4: Three to one pumpkin vegetable pumpkin Okay, ready, three to one squash.
Speaker 3: Connected.
Speaker 2: Oh that was that was a good one. Yeah, and I was thinking the same thing.
Speaker 4: It was, Sah, you gotta come up with the word that connects the two.
Speaker 3: Should we go? Get Dave and I yes, go for it.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm ready.
Speaker 4: Okay o god shure we go three two one wndy window and candy.
Speaker 2: Okay, three two one trigger tree.
Speaker 3: Trigger tree kit cat. Look at me, Dave, You're not looking at me? We have to lock in mind mild Okay, you said, what do we say, KitKat and trigger tree? Okay three two one.
Speaker 2: Our minds are melded, okay, Bayley, me and.
Speaker 3: You okay, okay, ready, no conder and you can literally with anyone for any word. You don't even have to connect words yet. Just anywhere.
Speaker 4: You can't think of three, you cannot go one bottle, ocean and bottle.
Speaker 3: We got this, okay, three two one. Water cycle, water cycle, water okay.
Speaker 2: Three two one. Okay. Aquafit melding.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I think it's the harder.
Speaker 4: It gets harder when you start using proper now it's like aquafina.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, well, I tried back to the pros.
Speaker 3: I don't know why I referred to myself a third person. Okay, ready, three to one.
Speaker 4: Clouds class cloud and class okay, ready three two one weather science and weather okay.
Speaker 3: Three to one meteorology. Maybe come on now, the pros alight.
Speaker 2: One more time, okay, okay, okay, three.
Speaker 4: To one, windy, hoodie and window Okay, window and hoodie.
Speaker 2: Three to one.
Speaker 3: Chili the chili cold and chili.
Speaker 1: That's funny because I almost said chili three to one. Winter Winter. Yes, look at kaya hi kaya, yes hi hi. I love love stories that kind of randomly come in. And the first thing people think is like, I gotta tell Katie w B. Yeah, I gotta tell him this story. What's your story? What happened?
Speaker 6: I mean, it just seems like, okay, it is just like a crazy story. I can't believe this is my life. But I was seeing this guy. We went out three times. We really hit it off. I felt we were really into each other. I was certainly into him. We did hook up at my place after the third date, and it was great. It was it was great, and it seemed like he really had a really good time too. And he left and then I never heard from him again, and like not like completely ghosted, won't answer my calls, won't answer my text I've literally been telling everyone I know, my sister, my friends, my co workers, how much of a jerky is.
Speaker 9: I've been really Yeah, what a terrible thing to do.
Speaker 2: You seem to connect and then you hook.
Speaker 4: Up and then and then it's like ghost.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's like literally no we're feeling And I definitely thought we were going to be seeing a lot more of each other, you know, So the it was just him going cold was like super shocking. But so I've been pretty like Didjack TIMPs since that's like, you know, our third date, and I just I just don't know he died.
Speaker 2: Wow, oh oh that's awful.
Speaker 3: How did you find out that he died?
Speaker 6: It is awful. I actually a person that knows him had sent me an Instagram message that has just been you know, living in my unanswered, you know, because we're not friends. Yeah, so I literally just saw it like ten days after the fact after he had sent it, and I feel terrible. So it's like, because you were talking trash about him, saying that he was the worst human on the place on the face of the planet. I literally just found out the reason why he hasn't reached back out, you know.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: So I still feel bad, Like, yeah, you only went on three dates, but like you said, you hit it off and you touched butts and everything, and and.
Speaker 3: I'm so I'm sorry because that's so sad.
Speaker 2: It is very sad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean sad for him, sad for his family and friends, and then sad for Himan, you know, minorly for you, right, but literally ghosted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you. Thank you. What somebody had to say it? That is sad.
Speaker 1: So you just kind of wanted to get this off your chest and maybe next time we get ghosted there dad, maybe they're not around all.
Speaker 2: That's sad. I did not see that coming.
Speaker 4: Yes, we absolve you of your sins of spreading trash about this man.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I'm glad you told us. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Know what, it's weird that when you have a story like that you think of I love that so much.
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry about that. That is that's an awful story.
Speaker 4: I mean, I mean great storytelling on your part, though, great storytelling.
Speaker 3: I had no idea where that was going to go.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 6: My sister actually told me that I needed to tell someone like more so, like.
Speaker 2: Well, you told everybody.
Speaker 4: Now she's forgiven for the trash. Now you can stop spreading trash about them.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Kaya, you have a better day. Wow.
Speaker 1: Did not expect that one I knew Von said she had a story.