Speaker 1: The quest for the three peat has begune.
Speaker 2: Only four teams in Major League Baseball history have won three consecutive titles. The Dodgers are the favorites to become the fifth.
Speaker 1: This is World Champion Dodger Talk.
Speaker 3: Here we go again.
Speaker 1: We get running back to get in on the show called eight six six not eighty seven, two five seventy, and be sure to follow Dodger Talk wherever you get your podcasts. Here's your host, David Vase.
Speaker 2: Welcome the Dodger Talk David Vasse live at Nationals Park. After the Dodgers spoiled the home opener in our nation's capital with a resounding thirteen to six win. We are with you until three o'clock from Nationals Park. We have phone lines open at eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy.
Speaker 3: Hope you're being safe on this spring break.
Speaker 2: I know many of you had your final day of school and many of you been out of school this entire week because traffic has been so good, and obviously a lot of Holy holidays this week and into the weekend. So we wish all of you a great holiday weekend with your family and friends and tune on Dodgers baseball, Because for all of you that were a little concerned about the Dodger offense, we all said, let the season breathe a little bit, and you have to tip your cap to the opposing pitchers against were for the Cleveland Guardians, because that's how they came from behind to win the Al Central last year with their pitching and defense and timely hitting. So it's not always just about the Dodgers. Sometimes you have to acknowledge the other team has a good pitching too, and that's what Cleveland had. But tonight or today, the Nationals did not have good starting pitching on the mound and Mile Michaelas, who the Dodgers racked for eleven runs.
Speaker 3: Today.
Speaker 2: They hit four home runs off of Miles Michaelas. And if you remember, before last year started, Miles Michaelis said the Dodgers were playing check book baseball. Well, they cashed the checks on Miles Michaelas today hitting four home runs, and he was his own worst enemy. He got flustered in that five run third inning when Taoscar Hernandez hit a little dribbler up the third base line and his third baseman, former Dodger minor leaguer, your bit Vivas couldn't come up with it cleanly, and Tioscar, who is a lot more limber this year, beat that infield hit out, and all of a sudden the wheels started to come off in that third inning for Miles Michaelis that infield single by Taoscar Paz walked, so you had runners at first and second with nobody out. Alex Friedland, who got the started second base, struck out looking and then you kind of felt like, okay, O'tani does not have an extra basit Otani does not have a home run yet this year. You kind of felt like he was not just doe, but he was overdue and he did a lot of damage, tying the game with a three run home run after CJ. Abrams gave the Nats an early three to nothing lead. And like I mentioned in the Clubhouse, show hard to believe that the opponent has taken the lead six of the first seven games and the Dodger offensive has come back, and come back they did in a big way with five runs in that third inning. It was show Hey Otani with a game tying three run home run, and it was Mookie Betts with the go ahead two run home run in that third inning, and all of a sudden, the momentum was back on the Dodgers side. And more importantly, there was a lot of doubt in that national's dugout because they were feeling good about themselves after Abrams took Image Sheehan deep. So that was a big difference in the game for the Dodgers to not only score a couple of runs in that third inning, but tie the game in a big way with Otani's first home run, a game tying shot, and then Mooki with a go ahead two run home run, and instead of being down three nothing, they were ahead five to three going into the bottom of the third inning. Had a chance to catch up with Mookie Betts after the final out today. Here's what he had to say about what he did and what the team did putting up thirteen runs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for sure, I think we kind of felt it when Showey ate his homer. We knew we could do it, and we obviously know we haven't been swinging it very well the first week of the season, but we know it's a long season and where we got some good ball players in here, so you know, it's good to know.
Speaker 3: It's good to have some results, should I say, no doubt. It feels good to go over the fence, right MOOKI Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 5: It's just kind of neat.
Speaker 4: I like you, So we'll see if we can do it some more.
Speaker 2: Mookie, what can you say about the bottom of the order tail licking out two infield heads? PA has doing this thing? How much does that affect you where you're hitting in the lineup?
Speaker 4: I mean effects all of us, you know. I mean those guys have been getting this kickstarted, you know, every game, it seems like, and so if we can kind of match their energy, then we'll we'll be really good at that point.
Speaker 3: Hey, your energies.
Speaker 2: I love the Mookie vibe so far in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm trying to start selling over. You know, we had a rough one last year, so we're trying to turn it around and not be better, just to be myself. That's all I want to do.
Speaker 3: We love you, We love the real MOOKI.
Speaker 6: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: I love you guys too, Thanks Mookie, thanks for stopping you. Sarah. Of course, vast there.
Speaker 2: Is Mookie Betts, who certainly had a smile on his face today playing really good shortstop to start the year. The throws have been more accurate from shortstop this year and offensively, He's said it. Last year he was twenty pounds down, got sick at the beginning of the season, never felt like he had his true bat speed, and is in a really good spot, not only with his swing, but more importantly with where his head is at.
Speaker 3: And that is huge.
Speaker 2: And by the way, Mookie Bets hitting third today in front of Behind Otani and Kyle Tucker. Those three guys really came alive today. They were combined seven for seventeen. Each one of them homered, and combined they drove in eight runs and scored five times. If those three get going, this Dodger offense certainly is going to reach its potential. Let's go out to downtown Many. You're on Dodger Talk Live from Washington, d C.
Speaker 7: How you doing Many, hid be Friday, DV. I hope you're enjoying the nation's capital out there. Look what happens when the Dodgers top of the lineup actually responds, you know, back at the homestand they go four and two and top of the lineup was almost not a existent And this is what we're gonna be seeing a lot this year. When the when the top of the lineup is hitting, they're gonna be oozing with all kinds of offense. So I'm gonna to my cap off to the players of the game. Uh. The pitcher for the Washington Nationals, mccallish, little did he know?
Speaker 1: He just.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he set the Uh, he set the switch off. So now the Dodgers are they're clicking, which is which is awesome. And I wanted to shout you out for going down to my hometown and Boyle Heights last week with Miguel Rojas.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 7: Boyle Heights is an incredible community and uh, we're so glad to have players or anyone from the organization come down and represent us. So thanks for doing that. And a quick question, dv uh with Freeland kind of going up and down a little bit and he's just getting the taste of the MLB, how soon do you think we might get a Heights on Kim Siding?
Speaker 3: I don't Uh, I don't know. That's a great question.
Speaker 2: Many it feels like Alex Freeland is going to get this opportunity until Tommy Edmund returns and from that point on everything will be reassessed. But it feels like he's getting this chance until Edmund comes back at the end of May. Unless he really tail spins h he's gonna get this chance. So right now it's Alex Friedland and Miguel Rojas at second base. So I think the Dodgers will reassess, especially as we get to the middle of April.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, looking forward to more offense in the next couple of games and kick back and enjoy the rest of the season. See you at Dodger Stadium next home.
Speaker 2: Sent can't wait, Manny, and thank you for the kind words. Love being down in Boyle Heights with Miguel Rojas. He certainly enjoyed it as well, and you could feel the energy and the true passion that people in Boyle Heights have for the Dodgers and obviously been there from day one. Today's game brought to you by Modelo.
Speaker 3: Modelo.
Speaker 2: The mark of a Fighter eight six six seven two five seventy is the phone number. David Vasse with you until three o'clock live from Nationals Park, So we have phone lines open if you want to call in and talk about the Dodgers. I'm sure you don't have many complaints today after they put up thirteen runs to beat the Nationals thirteen to six. And oh, by the way, they were wearing their brand new blue jerseys. Yeah, the Dodgers announced yesterday they are going to rotate in There's blue road jerseys, so they're one to zero in these blue new jerseys. I'm a traditionalist when it comes to Dodgers and Yankees jerseys, but I don't mind an alternate jersey. I do mind five alternate jerseys like some of these teams have, and you can't do that with the Dodgers. But I actually do like these blue jerseys. The one thing that I would love to see one day. You know, obviously this is a marketing thing, the blue jerseys with the Los Angeles script. I love the border on the outside of the lettering. One day, I hope. You know, when you talk about throwbacks, you don't have to throw back that far to the nineteen fifties or the nineteen sixties. How about throwback to the eighties Dodgers rode jerseys when they had the big lettering Dodgers across their chest. But it wasn't just the blue writing. They had the white borders, like when Oral Herscheiser was playing or Rick Monday was playing. I would love one day, one year for the Dodgers to rotate that jersey in as a throwback.
Speaker 3: You know, Mitchell Andes is huge.
Speaker 2: They got a few of these old Dodger jerseys that they sell. I would love to see the Dodgers one day rotate that type of jersey into the mix as well.
Speaker 3: But the blue tops, I like them. You know. The Dodgers did this, by the way.
Speaker 2: In nineteen ninety nine, the second year Fox owned them, and I didn't like it as much. It was like the Eric Harrow's, Kevin Brown Carlos Perez era. These are a little bit more classy. I like these a lot more. The way they they came across. Those in ninety nine felt like batting practice jerseys. And in fact, back then the Dodgers would wear a blue batting practice jersey when they were taking BP, so that's maybe why I felt like it was batting practice ish. The Dodgers don't do that anymore, so I kind of like these. I'm all in. I'm all in with these jerseys. Eight six six nine, eight seven two five seventy is the phone number.
Speaker 3: We're gonna take a time out here on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 2: When we come back, we'll hear from Mamachhean, We'll hear from Dave Roberts, and we have two lines open on Dodger Talk as we go to three o'clock right here on A five to seventy LA Sports. The Dodgers spoil the NAT's home opener thirteen to six. On the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio network.
Speaker 1: Seventy Dodger Talk is available on AM five seventy LA sports dot com, a hand of the iHeartRadio app. Back to more Dodger Talk with Dodger insider David Vasse.
Speaker 9: The A one now bets lists one in the air to left field. This one struck pretty well on the warning track at the wall.
Speaker 5: Its gone.
Speaker 9: Mookie Betts goes into the Dodger bullpen, his second of the year and the Dodgers second of this inning. They now lead five to three.
Speaker 2: And they would not look back as the Dodgers roll to a thirteen to six win over the Nationals. Welcome back to Dodger Talk David Vasse live at Nationals Park until three o'clock. The Dodgers hit five home runs today, the two biggest in that third inning, a game tying three run home run by show Heo Tani and a go ahead two run home run by Mookie Bets.
Speaker 3: That you just heard right there.
Speaker 2: Rick Monday and Steven Nelson on the call today for the Nationals home opener, that the Dodgers spoiled. Daniels Jewelers presents the home Run Forecast for your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniels Jewelers gift card. Visit AM five to seventy lasports dot com, use the keyword home run and to your name and you could win. Daniels Jewelers Own the Dream. Eight six, six, nine to eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number on the flip side here. Pitching wise, I mentioned that the Dodgers were down early again. They've been down in six of the first seven games this season. That's not something that you want to continue. And the reason why was that Emid Shean really was laboring. It seemed like he was trying to ease into the game today. He gave up a three run home run to CJ Abrams, who is one of the two better players on this Nationals team. The innings started when James Woods sent a ball to straightaway center field that Andy Pa has had in his glove and then didn't have in his glove, and it led to a three run home run, and the Dodgers were down three to nothing. And what was more concerning as well was the fact that she seemed to be shying away from throwing his fastball in that first couple of innings because maybe he thought that he didn't have enough giddy up on that pitch because it was in the low nineties. I know he touched ninety four a couple of times, but a lot of sliders in that first couple of innings. And then he has to throw a fastball to CJ. Abrams and he hits it for a three run home run. And then he dialed up ninety five because he was probably upset to Nasim Nuniez. But as the game went on, Emmett Sheen seemed to get into more of a rhythm. Maybe he got his mechanics in a rhythm to get the velocity where we're used to seeing it about ninety five miles an hour. And look, I was mocked by other writers and by image she and himself during spring training when his fastball velocity against the Cubs in Mesa on March fifteen, sixteenth issue was a Sunday split squad game that I was in Mesa and his fastball was like ninety ninety one ninety two, and I said, Okay, I know it's a spring training game, but I feel like I got to ask what's going on here? And he didn't like me asking about it. And here we are now his second start of the season, and the fastball velocity to start the game was not great. It got better, but he says, it's about pitching mechanics. The one thing I'll say about Sheen, and we could talk more about this as the hour goes on. The one thing that I liked about she H today is a the Dodger offfense got him back into the game and gave him second life. That's a huge factor in him lasting five and two thirds innings and settling in make no mistake about it.
Speaker 3: But also there.
Speaker 2: Are going to be days when you don't have your best stuff or your best fastball, and you got to figure out a way to compete and hang in there. Because Dave Roberts said before the game, it's not sustainable to have two pitchers like Shean and Sasak going four innings, four plus innings. You can't just keep on carrying guys like Casparius and Robleski and keeping them in a holding pattern just in case that's not a way to live. So for him to hang in there and with a big lead, hang in there for five and two thirds innings was just as big as the Dodger scoring thirteen runs and some of their key players starting to show some signs of life. Let's head downstairs right now to hear from Emma Sheehan on Sports at LA.
Speaker 6: Yeah, definitely a little bit of a grind. Obviously, it's not how you want to sorry game at all. But I think you know, after that, Will did a great job of keeping them off balanced with the Pius calling, and then yeah we got through it.
Speaker 10: So how much pride do you take and just then how you were able to finish it, continuing your build up and getting deeper into this game.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean with our offense, it's just, you know, try to give them a chance and they picked me up immediately after that, and then trying to just keep it where it is, try to not let it let it spiral. So I was happy with that part for sure, just.
Speaker 10: Describing kind of your mechanical adjustments is mostly directional. How did that feel over the course of the start?
Speaker 6: I think it was a little better today. Obviously it's still work in progress.
Speaker 11: The stuff is.
Speaker 6: Not really where it should be at I think right now there's more in the tank, but uh, yeah, I'm still working on it.
Speaker 11: For sure.
Speaker 12: Your velocity kind of dipped a little bit kind of in the early innings that it kind of picked up the most at the end.
Speaker 5: What was the cause of the head do you think?
Speaker 6: I think just you know, being a little quicker through my delivery, trying to trying to get some burthen back. Yeah, I don't know. I think I felt a few things later in the outing that that helped for sure. Hopefully I can carry that into the next one.
Speaker 10: Are you finding your slider having today, because the best kind of inconsistent. No.
Speaker 6: I think that was just you know, trying to keep them off balance.
Speaker 8: In general.
Speaker 6: We probably threw a little bit more curveballs than usual too, But yeah, scattering report and then you know what willis was putting down whatever you thought back there.
Speaker 10: Do you look at just kind of those mechanical things you're working through the directional aspect is what's leading to some of that just drop off in the velocity that there is.
Speaker 6: Uh yeah, yeah, that's what we're trying to fix. Just for the record, health wives, you're fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, that's good. Yes, we want to hear that on the record. And you know, he Shehan does not want to talk about the lack of fastball velocity or the inconsistency of it, but it's hard to ignore. I mean, he's a powerful, physical guy on the mound and you expect to see that. For him to only have a couple of strike strikeouts today it stands out. But like I said, there are going to be days when your delivery's not syncd up your fastball velocity. It's not its best, but you have to find a way, especially when the Dodger offense gets you back into the game. When you give up a three run home run before the seats are warm for the opposing team's home opener. So for the Dodgers to come back with five runs, Sheen gives back one, Okay, not great, but you can live with it. And then in the next two innings they score a combined six more runs. So that was big for him to kind of stabilize the outing with the way he pitched after giving up that three run home run to CJ.
Speaker 3: Abrams. Eight sixty six.
Speaker 2: Nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number, David Vassey, live at Nationals Park on this beautiful Friday. We're with you until three o'clock. That's when we hand things over to Petro some money. Let's go out to Eugene, Oregon. Tom listening on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 11: How you doing, Tom, I'm doing awesome, David, Thank you.
Speaker 13: E June Oregon, sunny and a nice Chris fifty two degrees. I just wanted to say that I was really impressed with Shean hanging in there today, even after getting you know, rocked early. Showed a lot of maturity and I don't know if that would have happened last year.
Speaker 2: I agree, And you know, obviously he's more experienced now. And like I said, the run support after getting him back into the game in the third inning was a huge factor in all this.
Speaker 1: Tom was nice.
Speaker 13: See Otani, Muki and everybody else go, you know, with the home runs, just as you've been telling us to relax the whole time, that this would turn around. No one's going to hold this team down for long.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 13: It was really good to see everybody break out.
Speaker 3: All right, Tom, thank you for the phone call.
Speaker 2: I will say this, It's understandable why you were getting frustrated. I was getting a little frustrated with the way the offense was going in the last four or five games because the last time we saw the Dodgers, for the majority of the same players that were in this lineup outside of what Kyle Tucker uh, they were slumping since July. And you're wondering, oh, no, is this gonna happen again, Because the Dodger offense last year from fourth of July till the end of September was only hitting two thirty four and they weren't really scoring that many runs. And in the World Series they hit two oh three and somehow still won a seven game World Series by this much. So I can understand why there was some cause for concern. Let's see if there's some consistency now from this point forward, because you don't just want to put up thirteen runs today and then show up tomorrow and only get one or two runs. So let's see if there can be more consistency between what we saw today and what we see moving forward on this road trip. Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Forton, Luis. You're on Dodger Talk with David vasse Hi.
Speaker 3: Louise, Hey, DV.
Speaker 11: How you doing, I do greats.
Speaker 14: Coming to this city, awesome, Thank you for being out there. I just wanted to say. I wanted to highlight a few things. I'm really happy that the Dodgers won by a commanding lead today, showing some really good offense. But I wanted to say, even throughout the beginning of the year that the defense was still playing really, really well. Our starting pitchers were playing well, and I was happy to see that. I know that there's definitely a lot of pictures like Paul Schemes that would have loved to have an outfit like the Dodgers to protect them. Our defense has just been good, and I wanted to say as well.
Speaker 11: We were talking.
Speaker 14: About the blue jerseys earlier, I wanted.
Speaker 11: To say I ordered two of those.
Speaker 14: I'm actually really excited to get those in. But I was actually upset that I won't be getting him to pass. April twenty fourth, I was kind of excited to wear them on the first day, but they didn't come by, So about.
Speaker 2: That, yeah, I mean, I guess they just released it, and I'm sure there's a lot of demands. So I don't know what to say about the production of them. But I do like them. I do like them. I'm a traditionalist with the Dodgers and Yankees type of uniforms, but I like what they did here, I really do. Thanks for the phone call, Luis. Can't wait to see your new jerseys whenever they arrive. And the Dodgers, let's see if they wear them again on this road trip, right because they score thirteen runs? Are they going to break them out again tomorrow? Let's see that happened. You know, the Dodgers clubhouse manager Alex Torres, there are gray road jerseys that say Los Angeles and Dodgers, and if the offense is humming, if the team is winning, they keep rolling with the same jerseys until they lose or things go sideways. So let's see if they wear the blue jerseys tomorrow. Let's go out to Corona. Jason, you're on Dodger Talk with Dave.
Speaker 15: Say hi, Jason, what's up, mister Davids say, nice talking to you, buddy, longtime listener. Here two things, two things that I'm glad to see the Dodgers Bats finally wake up. That first week they were they were quiet and understandably, you know, they got their championship rings and a lot of emotions over there at Dodger Stadium. But I had a feeling they'd break out today and they did. And then also another thing, on that walkout song from Edwin Diez, I love the trumpets, I was wondering, I.
Speaker 8: I know, like a couple of the the first night was live. It was like, you know, the live trumpets, and then they I think had an audio as well. Is there any like anything in the works of you know, just making that darn thing live all the time because it sounds bitch and live. And also, is Timmy Trumpet Timmy Trumpet's ever gonna make an appearance at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you will. I think you will. But the thing, yeah, with Timmy Trumpet, he's on tour. He's a DJ, and he's on a tour right now. So I know he was at Dodger Stadium a couple of weeks ago because he filmed something. If you remember that rainy night at Dodger Stadium when Edwin Diaz came in the game in a non safe situation, it was a four run lead. That was what I was looking for from night one. You got Timmy Trumpet on the big board playing the trumpet as Edwin Diaz is coming out. To me, that was special. It was in black and white, there was something. There was something to that. And now that the ribbon boards are all installed, there'll be more of a light show.
Speaker 3: So I'm in favor. I like that version of it.
Speaker 2: And Tatiana Tait who was the live trumpet player for the two saves that he came in on the Homestand I'm sure she's got a life. She's got to do things with her. I don't know if you call it a symphony or what, but she's got a life. So I'm not sure she could be there every night just in case.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm sure she'll make a few more appearances throughout the year. She was great as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I loved it. I loved her style for sure. Thank you for the phone call, Jason.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: When Timmy trumpet, I just it's Timmy Trumpet, right, and that's the song Narco and Timmy Trumpet is such a big part of Edwin Diaz his walk in, and I did like that the Dodgers got Timmy Trumpet in the house to do something for Dodger vision when Edwin Diaz walks in.
Speaker 3: So I'm all in with that.
Speaker 2: One eight six six nine seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers beat the Nationals today thirteen to six to open up their six game road trip and spoil the Nationals home opener today. Let's go out to Roy who was here at Nationals Park? Roy, were you were you here today?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 16: Third, just like a couple of years ago, I called you after a show. I hate that, MISSI will you remember that?
Speaker 3: How could I forget? That's right?
Speaker 11: Second?
Speaker 16: Yeah, yeah, but uh, I tell you what. Last year we were here and it was like thirty degrees you've ever had, David, And uh today it was cold. Got the shorts on and the jersey and uh just like the temperature. The Thank god, the Dodgers bat started to eat up and my son and my son and I looked at, you know, each other, man. You know, we'd only had a couple of beers to this point. It was early, David, and uh down three nothing and we're like, here we go. But but hey, you know, I mean six games in five games, and let's get it going. And finally we saw we saw some bats heat up, man. So that's really all I got, David. Uh, just love the show man. I tell you what, Uh you know, being out here, the ten o'clock games are hard to uh are hard to watch. But I wake up early to go to work. And I listened to Dodger Dog Brother and you're a you're a lifesaver and and thanks for what you do, man, I really appreciate you. And uh and go Dodgers man.
Speaker 3: All right, Roy, that means a lot to me. Before you go.
Speaker 2: For Dodger fans in LA that want to come see different stadiums, where would you rate Nationals Park?
Speaker 16: So Nationals Park like it's a great, small stadium. It doesn't have as great of a scenic view as like Pittsburgh. Like we go to Pittsburgh every year. We were fortunate enough last year with Baltimore. Baltimore is another great stadium. But you know, top ten, top ten, it's a great it's a great area. Of course, you can always find a bad area. We know about how LA is as well, but it's a great park.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 16: You guys come out when you get a chance. I met a lot of people off from Riverside just live out in Virginia now because of a ninety four north Ridge quake brought me out this way. But yeah, if you guys can get out this way, NAT's Park is wonderful and make it the East Coast trip and see some parks out here on the East Coast. It's wonderful. Of course, it ain't Dodger Stadium, but to see the Dodgers anywhere as a blessing for sure.
Speaker 2: Man, no, no doubt. Roy great to hear that review. And I remember you live in Virginia. Eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Dodgers beat the Nationals today thirteen to six, and coming back here, I gotta say, you know, this being my fifteenth season, there were a lot of trips back and forth from Washington, d C. To LA because when the Nationals were good with Bryce Harper and then with Juan Sota in twenty nineteen, it always seemed like the Dodgers and Nats were playing in the NLDS and the pulling into the team hotel last night.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: The one thing that I remember the most, and some of the visions I have that, you know, really pop in my mind when I come back to Washington, d C. First and foremost, Uh, the one that sticks out the most was Kenley Janssen and Clayton Kershaw teaming up in Game five of the NLDS here at Nationals Park, where Kenley Jansen came in and really shouldered the middle innings of relief. That was the plan the Dodgers had to win Game five here and Nationals Park in advance to the NLCS in twenty sixteen, and Clayton Krushaw coming in after Kenley Jansen to pitch the ninth inning and get the final two outs. Remember Kennley Jansen came in and pitched two and a third scoreless innings and through fifty one pitches before handing the ball to Krushaw, who closed it out. I'll remember that celebration like it was yesterday for the rest of my life because of that, these two guys that had herculean efforts to pitch the Dodgers to the NLCS in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 3: I believe it was the first time.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers had been there since twenty thirteen, but the way they did it in an elimination game and going outside of their comfort zone and Kershaw closing the game and getting the final two outs. I believe he struck out Daniel Murphy to end the game and the series.
Speaker 3: I could be wrong. I forgot who it was.
Speaker 2: It could have been Harper, but that's something that sticks out to me, and I remember the next morning. There was no rest for the weary because the series went five games in twenty sixteen and the Dodgers did not have home field advantage in the NLCS. We boarded a bus the very next morning and went to Chicago for the workout against the Cubs at Wrigley Field in Game one of the NLCS. Was two days after the Dodgers won the NLDS in Game five, and obviously that was the Cubs year. Everybody thought that was going to be the dynasty. What happened to the Cubs dynasty? It actually turned out to be a Dodgers dynasty since twenty seventeen, when they got their payback on the Cubs and beating them in a five game NLCS. Key Key Hernandez with three home runs. But yeah, that is the one memory that sticks out the most as far as Dodgers Nationals here in Washington, DC at Nationals Park. And also I remember my first or second year Don Mattingley was the manager.
Speaker 3: It was the regular.
Speaker 2: Season, and there always seems to be rain in the forecast here when the Dodgers come to NAT's Park, and that night they were forecasting a big time rain and we came to the ballpark and they called it off. They called it off before first pitch, about an hour or two before first pitch, which rarely happens.
Speaker 3: And you know what happened the rest of the night.
Speaker 2: It never rained and Don Mattingley was really hot and they had to play a header the next day. But yeah, those are the two memories that stick out to me the most traveling with the team since twenty twelve, coming to a National Spark.
Speaker 3: And I was right.
Speaker 2: It was Daniel Murphy that made the last dow Kershaw struck him out in Game five of the twenty sixteen NLDS.
Speaker 3: Let's go out to Long Beach. Nick, you're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 2: Hope you enjoyed that history lesson, Nick of David Vassey's Diary of Coming to Washington, DC.
Speaker 17: Loved it, Dave, And actually, I think all Dodger fans need to remember all of those times we didn't win, because it definitely feels like we're the rich kid who grew up, you know, where mom and dad were working two jobs and now we're living the good life.
Speaker 5: So, yes, the history lesson was well received.
Speaker 3: And you don't have to go that far anymore.
Speaker 2: Nick, There's so much that has happened in the last fifteen years where you know, what the Dodgers have done the last two years just seems so far out of reach, trying to climb that mountain and coming up short for the longest of times. With a lot of guys that came up through the system the Dodgers found, like Justin Turner.
Speaker 3: It just that made it more rewarding.
Speaker 2: When they did make it to the World Series in twenty seventeen, we all know that they probably are the World Champions of twenty seventeen, and then in twenty twenty, those same group of players got to win it, but none of us were there to enjoy it with them. So that's what the last two years, I think people outside of LA failed to realize why nobody's apologizing for anything.
Speaker 16: You're You're absolutely right.
Speaker 17: For those of us, I'm in my I'll.
Speaker 5: Be forty this year.
Speaker 17: The two thousand and eight, the two thousand and nine teams, you know that two thousand and six class, your camps, der Andres, your Kershaws. You know, for those of us had gone through it, to have twenty seventeen stolen, to have twenty twenty essentially in enjoy it, but kind of enjoy it being at home, scared.
Speaker 16: About the world.
Speaker 17: This last run has been unbelievable, so much so that I think next week's series against the Blue Jays is going to be absolutely electric for all the reasons you said. The people outside of LA don't know why this feels the way it does for us, especially those of us that you know saw our boys get very close many years, but always seem to be a runner up, no doubt.
Speaker 3: Nick, Thanks for the phone call.
Speaker 2: Appreciated And I know you know, in the NFL or the NBA, you could say, oh, this is a trap game or a trap series. Look the Dodgers, I saw them earlier today. It was an early game. They had a day off yesterday, but they came out again three hours before first pitch, and they took infield practice. All of the stars, from Freddie Freeman to Miguel Rojas to Mookie Betts and Max Munsey, they were all out here, and when they came out on the field, there was more of a focus today. There was a little little bit more urgency. I think they all understood we can't let this get too much into a spiral offensively, and you saw that tonight obviously or today. Obviously, Miles Michaelis helps all that, and his reputation around the league is not very popular, so I'm sure the Dodgers took a little extra joy beating him down today with an eleven run barrage and hitting four home runs and knocking him out. But there was a focus to the Dodgers to really, you know, put up a win and put together good at bats, and we saw that today. They did strike out eight times, but they also walked five times, and in the previous four or five games a lot more strikeouts than walks. Today the Dodgers hit five home runs all in all, Miles Michaelis was out of there with four and a third and eleven charged Otani, Betts, Pajz again, Freeman and Tucker all homered and Andy PAHs to me right now, the first seven games MVP of the Dodgers hands down. I know it's early, but I do harken back to last year. Dodger hitting coach Rob van Zoyak predicted Andy Paiz would be an All Star in twenty twenty six. He told me that I was reminded of that today, not by Rob, but by somebody else that was in that conversation, and he's he's looking pretty good right now. Andy Piez has had a tremendous start to the season. He's twelve for twenty five with two home runs, seven RBIs and at twelve sixty ops. Andy Paiez today three for four with a two run home run as the Dodgers beat the Nationals thirteen to six, eight six six, nine, eight seven two five. Seventy is the phone number. Let's go out to Pete and San Gacito. How you doing, Pete?
Speaker 11: Good?
Speaker 8: How you doing? David?
Speaker 3: I'm doing great?
Speaker 16: Hey, Hey, I have.
Speaker 11: Just a history for you. Also, I was a.
Speaker 3: Are you are you doing a Steve Hartman to try to one up me?
Speaker 11: No, no, don't, don't, not at all.
Speaker 3: Okay, but my uh my.
Speaker 11: Cousin took me out to my first ballgame in nineteen sixty nine.
Speaker 18: And guess where that was played at the coliseum, Yes, sir, Yeah, the Wally Moon shot and everything else.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that we played against the Giants at that time. Yeah, that was a great feeling. And have been a Dodger fan ever since, and neverget I.
Speaker 10: Was.
Speaker 2: I was lucky enough to meet Wally Moon. He was doing a book signing at Brent's Delhi in Northridge, and I went out there and I met him, and uh, what a great guy. And for those that don't know what a moonshot was, it was Wally Moon who was a.
Speaker 3: Dodger in nineteen fifty nine.
Speaker 2: The call a scene was configured as a baseball field, and it was kind of weird the the.
Speaker 3: Dimensions down.
Speaker 2: The left field line was two hundred and fifty feet away from home plate and to compensate for that, to try to balance out the short distance, they erected a forty foot high screen and Wally Moon perfected, getting it two hundred and fifty two feet and over that forty foot fence in left field. So did you ever witness a moonshot, Pete?
Speaker 11: No, I did not out of the games I went there. No, I never witness set, but you know I saw some great players. Duke Snyder, Hodges.
Speaker 3: Jill Hodges made it to LA two.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, they were Sandy kofax Don Drysdale. You know you're talking about all the great I got a chance to see them, you know, which was really nice. And then all the other teams are with their great players, you know.
Speaker 3: No doubt.
Speaker 2: Great memories, Pete, great memories. Thank you for the phone call. And in nineteen fifty nine, it was only the Dodgers second year in LA and they won the World Series, beating the White Sox in a seven game series. So that's a way to welcome yourself to a city. And the passion for Dodger baseball grew from there, and Vince Scully obviously had a big part in that. Eight six six nine, eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. If you're listening on the iHeartRadio app, there's a microphone button on the app. You can press it and talk to me. That way, you can record a message if you're a little shy to call in live. So you could press that microphone button listening to Dodger Talk and we'll get the message. We already have gotten a couple of messages, but they're very negative towards other play by play guys. And I'm not gonna play that because you can rip me and I'll play that. I have no problem with you ripping me and us playing it, but if you rip somebody else on the broadcast, I wouldn't feel right about that. To Eric and Colin, e uh deleting all those type of messages, nobody will ever ever hear them. But if you want to press the microphone and say nice things or say not nice things about me, we may.
Speaker 13: Eric.
Speaker 2: So that's on the iHeartRadio app. Let's go out to Monrovia. Frank, you're on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 19: How you doing, Frank, I'm doing a great Dave, Thanks so much for taking my call. Just you know, you gotta love it. That is a fun park. Nationals Park is a fun park to be at. You know, being there on opening day it's gotta be a blessing because you know, even though they're you know, by all MLB accounts, they're a newer franchise in that area, they are a fun team to watch in a fund, It's a fun park to be at so you know, David, enjoy it while you're there.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Frank, appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like it's one of the more underrated ballparks in baseball. Another memory here looking out to right field where they have a shake shack. I remember I was here in my first season with the Dodgers, traveling twenty twelve, trying to get my bearings, and my wife was pregnant with our daughter, our first child, and we didn't know the gender, and she went to a doctor's appointment alone and found out that it was going to be a girl. And as I ordered my shake shack and was putting it on the high top table out there, I remember getting the phone call and my wife telling us that we were going to have a baby girl. And my daughter just turned thirteen on opening day actually March twenty sixth, and thinking about that as well. Those are some of the memories that stick out baseball wise and personally. Coming back to National Spark, All right, we're gonna take a time out, our final timeout. As we lead you up to the top of the hour, that's where Petros and money will take over more of your phone calls. At eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy and we'll here for manager Dave Roberts after the Dodger offense comes to life with thirteen runs to beat the Nationals thirteen to six on a five to seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 1: On air at AM five seventy, online at AM five seventy LA sports dot com, and available my podcast on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: This is Dodger Talk with David Bass.
Speaker 11: Sam.
Speaker 9: How about this portion of the middle four, five and six combined pull four to six, but Freddie Freeman launches to right field and it is gone into the second deck above the Dodger bullpen. Another home run for the Dodgers, and that's how the middle of the order gets involved. Freddie Freeman had a two run blast.
Speaker 3: Freddie Freeman homers for the second straight game.
Speaker 2: This one comes in a win as the Dodgers blow out the Nationals thirteen to six. Miles Michaelas gave up four of the five Dodger home runs today. Michaelas has the distinction of giving up the most runs earned runs to.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers in quite a few years.
Speaker 2: I mean, the Dodgers were doing some things against Miles Michaelis and hopefully that gets them out of their slump. I'm finding that note that I shared earlier today. Michaelas's eleven earned runs today are the most a pitcher has allowed in a game in National Slash Expos history. Patrick Corbin remember him from the twenty nineteen championship team. He gave up eleven runs last or in twenty twenty four to the Diamondbacks, but only ten were earned and that's the first time the Dodgers have put up up ten or more runs on an individual pitcher since May twenty eighth, twenty twenty three, against the Rays Josh Fleming.
Speaker 3: But the Dodgers lost that game. Today they win.
Speaker 2: So not only does o'tani hit his first home run of the season, Kyle Tucker hit his first home run as a Dodger, and I'm taking full credit for it since he was our pregame guest. I told him pregame karma right there. Three hits including a home run, and he was oh so close to hitting a second for a Grand Slam, and Taeoscar Hernandez legged out two in field hits. Today he had three hits and scored three times. So a big day up and down the lineup for the Dodgers. Don't miss the Santa Anita Derby at Santa Anita Park tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Big payouts, full fields.
Speaker 2: NonStop action, Save now at Santa Anita dot com slash events. All right, let's hear from manager Dave Roberts, who spoke after the game with the reporters.
Speaker 3: And I'm sure is lead.
Speaker 2: He didn't have to answer questions like what's wrong with your offense?
Speaker 20: You know, yeah, I thought they were all good. Really, it was good to see those guys break out. The top four guys in our lineup all homeward. You know, Rome is and burning, you know, and but a lot of it. Andy, Andy is swinging the heck out of it. You know, He's just taking consistent at bats and getting on base, turning the lineup over and you know, it was just good to see those other guys catch up and do some have production today, And it was good. And also we got some guys that hadn't pitched much, got them some innings and then some work and so say, some other guys for the next two ball games.
Speaker 10: With Emmett today, it seemed like it was a little bit of a grind for him, but for him just to touch the sixth inning. What were you seeing there?
Speaker 20: You know, I thought it was a little bit of a grind, but I do think that, you know, in total, the alum was much better. His direction was much better. I thought he sequenced a lot better than he did in his previous outing. And Will did a really nice job with him. So you know, made that pitch uh to uh in the first inning to Abrams at fastball up when you had count leverage and got to a high heater. But aside from that, I thought he did a really nice job.
Speaker 11: What was different about those bets?
Speaker 6: So Tony Tucker, that's free minute top to want to know.
Speaker 20: You know, yeah, I think a little bit of it. As we've we've had a lot of history with Michaelis, so we've seen him know some of the tendencies, and yeah, outside of that, they were just you know, not missing today and we got some traffic, took some walks and throught a lot of hits.
Speaker 10: What did it like to kind of just start your offense?
Speaker 20: I think so, you know, and there was a lot of hooplog going on to that first home stand, so hopefully getting on the road, guys getting their rest. You know, we seem to swing the bats well here and so hopefully, yeah, this will spur something else, relief. I did you know he looked up to the skies too after, So that was so, you know, greater powers might have something to do with that one too. But yeah, it was good specifically what he did.
Speaker 11: Well.
Speaker 20: I think the first thing is I thought he was using the big part of the field. You know, that's something that you know, it's right center to center field. Even on that last sackfly, even against the left of the O two, hitting the ball hard to the left fielder, I thought that was good. So I just thought he took much better at bats, be a little bit, I think a little bit he gets a little pool happy at times. Yeah, yeah, maybe, but you see those at Kyle today, Kyle. You know he he's aggressive. You know, he's a little bit more aggressive early in the count than I than I recall. But yeah, I think it was just good to see him square some balls up. So and actually I think his third a bat when he got the the base hit the line driver to right field. I thought the swings looked better. I think he's ended the ground better than he was previously, much more stable, and the swings looked much more syncd up. I think his mechanics.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, there's manager Dave Roberts. Thanks to Sports in at LA for bringing us the Dodger manager. After the Dodgers beat the Nats today thirteen to six and spoil their home opener. One thing that Rick Monday told me before the game regarding Kyle Tucker and his swing, Look, he's not trying to do too much. That's just not his personality. He's not allowing any of that to affect him. But the reality talking to some people around the team that know hitting a lot better than I do, they just said, right now, he's a little lost at the plate, and you could see that in his first at bat because Rick Monday pointed something out to me, a great visual I think you can all appreciate, is that he believed his was long and he was surrounding the baseball instead of being shorter to the point of contact. And then as the game went on, you started to see him surround the ball less and just be Kyle Tucker. And I think getting on the road for the Dodgers, there was a lot going on this home stand for everybody. I mean a lot of celebration of the team coming off their back to back championships, and I just believe that getting away from home sometimes can be a blessing in disguise, especially if you're a hitter.
Speaker 3: And I think we saw that today.
Speaker 2: Now tomorrow they're facing Jake Irvin, who's the National's best pitcher.
Speaker 3: He's a right hander.
Speaker 2: But that's gonna be a tougher test than Miles Michaelis. Let's go out to Huntington Beach. Paul, you're on Dodger Talk with David Vasse.
Speaker 5: How you doing, Paul hey Man, Good to check in with you here early in the season. I gotta tell you, I mean, one thing that's jumped out of me. Mookie bats looks so much more comfortable and so much better. Obviously easy to say that after he hits a home run today, but I mean just he doesn't look lost, he doesn't look overmatched. He looks almost like Mookie Bets of old. And what a great sign that is. I mean, the whole team, they really didn't play great baseball at home. You look up and the team's five and two. I mean, the talent alone is going to carry this group a long way. But all signs are pointing in the right direction. I'm fired up for where this thing can go.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 5: I mean, dare we say, you know, I don't want to say the three P thing, but let's say a three P It's a long way from that. But everything's looking really, really good. Man, good to talk to you. Hope you have a good trip.
Speaker 2: Thanks a lot, Paul appreciate it. I'm not sure if you heard Mooki Betts when he talked to us after the game. He's just in a great headspace. And he was in spring training as well. That's a big part of it. And look, there are going to be times where things are not going great for Mookie and he's got to stay up. I think that's the biggest thing. It's incredible to hear former teammates, current teammates say sometimes he forgets how good he is. That your Mookie freaking bet So. I think that's the biggest thing for him. And I just love where his head is at. I think that's a big part of the way he sounded today, the way he's swinging the bat, and the way he's playing really good shortstop.
Speaker 3: All of that really matters.
Speaker 2: And I can't say enough about Andy pa has because if you remember on this very show. Around this time last year, everybody was calling for Andy po has to be sent down or to be benched because he had a rough first couple of weeks. Well, he put in the work defensively and you can see what's happening here offensively. It's kind of crazy when people come up to me and ask me, Man, Pahz is really having a good bounce back year, or do you think Andy Pajez is going to have a bounce back year? A bounce back year. The guy had twenty seven home runs as a rookie. I don't know what everybody's talking about as far as this bounce back year. Andy Poie has played great center field last year and hit twenty seven home runs, drove in eighty six runs. Hitting at the bottom of the Dodgers order. He hit two seventy two last year. A bounce back year. Oh, you're talking about the struggles in the postseason. Yeah, that happens to young players sometimes, especially aggressive hitters. He only walked once the entire postseason, but he did put the ball in play when it mattered the most in Game four of the NLDS against the Phillies.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You remember his son, Kim at third base, Oryan Keckering throwing the ball away that was actually Andy pie Has who hit that comebacker to him. But look, young players are going to struggle at times. I feel like, again we've been so spoiled by guys like Cody Bellinger and Keithy a Hernandez, just to name a few that were young players that succeeded in their first experience with the postseason. But if you go back to twenty fifteen the NLDS, the Dodgers lost to the Mets, Corey Seger started all five of those games, and he didn't do very well in his first experience in the postseason, but then he came back in a big way the rest of his Dodger career when the World Series MVP in twenty twenty, when the World Series MVP with the Rangers in twenty twenty three. So not every path for a young player in the postseason is linear. So let's not forget that. There have been some pretty good rookies that have struggled in October and Paz was one of those guys and it just seems like that has put an extra chip on his shoulder.
Speaker 3: It made him work more to try to be better to.
Speaker 2: Shore up some of those holes to be better ready for October now that he has that experience.
Speaker 3: But I'm just blown away. It's not just one.
Speaker 2: Person, it's multiple people that have come up to me and asked me, do you think he's going to have a bounce back year or now that they're seeing a good spring training and a good start to the season. Man, it's so great to see Andy Paie has bounce back, bounce back from a disappointing October. Sure, but he had a great season last year and the Dodgers don't win ninety three games without Andy pa Has. Let's go out to Tony and Corona. You're on Dodger Talk Live from Nationals Park.
Speaker 21: Hi, Tony, Hi Green, thank you for the time. I am not a Dodger fan. My calendar is still up in my office from October of twenty twenty four, third week.
Speaker 12: Which was a disaster for my Yankees. However, however, I wanted to make a very positive comment about the broadcast team. Since I can't get my Yankees on the radio out here, I listen to every Dog game that I can, and I think that Steve Nilson and Rick Monday are two of the very, very finest broadcasters. They know the game better than anyone, and high praise for Dodger ownership and management to have people like you, David, as well as Steve and Rick to the calls. It's a pleasure to listen to them, even though I'm not even though I'm not a Dodger fan.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you, Tony. Hey, since you are a Yankees fan.
Speaker 2: Former Dodger Cody Bellinger made a wild circus catch today in center field. It looked like at Yankee Stadium their home opener. You got to check out that highlight it was. It was incredible, incredible hand eye coordination. The ball pops out of his glove as he's going back to the wall, and somehow, some way, as he's running towards the wall, the ball has popped out of his glove and he flips the glove over and catches the ball on the run.
Speaker 3: You got to see this highlight play.
Speaker 12: Oh, I will, I will. He looks great in pinstripes. Thanks for letting me know about that play. Thank you, David.
Speaker 2: All right, Tony, thank you for the phone call. Yeah, you want to talk about an October performer? How many guys can say that they played in the three biggest markets in their major league career and performed really well. Cody Bellinger, obviously home grown with the Dodgers, won the MVP in twenty nineteen. Came up with so many clutch hits, including the big one, the home run in Game seven of the twenty NLCS. He also came up with a big base hit to drive in the go ahead run in San Francisco during the twenty one NLDS. He played big for the Dodgers, goes to Chicago, plays his way into going to New York, and played great last year for the Yankees so much so they wanted him back so badly they paid him with a big contract, and now he's Him and Aaron Judge are going to be teammates probably the rest of his career. So awesome, awesome player, and not too many people and players can say that they played in LA, Chicago, and New York and played great in all. Three eight, six, six, seven, two, five seventy is the phone number? Hey, I mentioned that microphone in the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: We got a message here.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to hear the first message that we play from the iHeartRadio app talkback on Dodger Talk, Colin, let's hear what this guy had to say.
Speaker 3: No one cares about your memories.
Speaker 1: Dave just gona Petrow some money.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, what play that again, Colin? No one cares about your memories.
Speaker 5: Dave just go to Petrow some money.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, we're gonna do that right now. Man, see vicious vicious Petro some money. Listeners, they they want to hear twenty minutes of a frogman sound effect. They want to hear dead guy, alive guy, I could tell you whose birthday it was. That's alive and dead. If you want, we can do that too here on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow, the Dodgers and Nationals will hook up for the second game of this three game series. Tyler Glass now will be making his second start of the year. I predict an All Star bid again for Tyler Glass Now.
Speaker 3: This year he has looked fantastic.
Speaker 2: He's going up against Jake Irvin of the Nationals, the best they have to offer.
Speaker 3: Marongo Casino.
Speaker 2: Dodgers on Deck begins at I was giving you Eastern Standard time.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow.
Speaker 2: The game, our coverage begins at noon Pacific time. It's a three o'clock Marongo Casino, Dodgers on deck on the East coast, first pitch in La one oh five between the Dodgers and Nationals, and obviously everybody's anticipating the next stop on this road trip. The Dodgers will be going to Toronto, Canada, the site of where.
Speaker 3: They won the World Series a year ago.
Speaker 2: Everybody has had that series circled on their calendar since the schedule came out. You know, sometimes players try to play it cool and they say, you know what, we're just worried about the Nationals right now, or we're not looking ahead to that well, going back to the last homestand every player is very aware of where this road trip is taking them. It's taking them back to the scene of where they won Game six to force a Game seven and winning that thanks to Miguel Rojas and Will Smith and Yoshi Yamamoto. That is going to be a fun three game series in early April. You don't get these type of series early in April unless you're the Dodgers, and the schedule makers certainly knew what they were doing scheduling the Dodgers and Blue Jays in the first couple of weeks of the regular season. You want to capitalize on the momentum of what many agree was the best World Series they have ever seen, one of the great World series they have ever witnessed in the history of the game, and one of, if not the greatest Game seven in any World series.
Speaker 3: The only other Game seven that could rival the one that.
Speaker 2: We saw last year was Game seven of the nineteen ninety one World Series, where and when extra innings and John Smoltz and Jack Morris were matching each other pitch for pitch. But it didn't have the swings and the plays that Game seven of last.
Speaker 3: Year's World Series had.
Speaker 2: So that's going to be fun, and certainly it's on everybody's radar for the Dodgers and Blue Jays to hook up starting Monday night in Canada. I'm curious to see because Rick Monday has told us so many stories about how, you know, he got put in a little extra room when he went back to Montreal after his big home run on Blue Monday in nineteen eighty one. How are they going to treat Miguel Rojas and Will Smith and Yamamoto as they go from Washington, DC to Toronto, Canada. So that'll be that'll be a fun time. And you know, look, it's the first week of April. It's not the World Series. I think we all have to keep that perspective. But it's gonna be fun, it's going to be electric, it's going to be epic. A rematch of two teams that gave us such a great World Series last year, this early in the season, I am very lucky to be on this trip with the Dodgers to go back there, and looking forward to see what the crowd reaction is there in Toronto.
Speaker 3: If you're going to make the long.
Speaker 2: Road trip with the Dodgers to go back to Toronto, I would love to hear from you tomorrow when we have postgame Dodger talks. So it's gonna be fun and hopefully these bats stay hot going into Canada, because the Dodgers certainly are going to face a very good Blue Jay. I mentioned this during the opening day Dodger Talk and I'm sticking with it. I don't see the Blue Jays making it back to the World Series. I'm predicting a rematch of the twenty twenty four World Series. I think it's Dodgers Yankees again this year, and if it's not Dodgers Yankees.
Speaker 3: It could be Dodgers Mariners.
Speaker 2: Remember the Mariners were one game away from going to the World Series last year as well. So I don't I don't feel like the Blue Jays have the pitching this year. They're missing Bobashett as well and Trey Yah Savage, who you know, really mowed down the Dodgers until Muncie's Game seven home run off of him. He's actually hurt right now, so the Dodgers won't see him just as a preview what's what's to come. So I'm I'm pretty confident that we may see Dodgers Yankees again and we'll see how that goes down. But that also would be great momentum again to see the Dodgers and Yankees in the world say all right, there's a long way to go before all that.
Speaker 3: But we do got Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Blue Jays starting Monday right here on A five seventy LA Sports. And we have Dodgers Nationals tomorrow right here on AM five seventy LA Sports. Like I mentioned, our coverage begins at noon, first pitch at one five in Game two of this three game series in our nation's capital. Thanks to Dwayne McDonald hanging out late night here in Washington, DC. Thanks to Colin Yee back at our Burbank Studios, and thanks to you for listening. If you missed any of the show or our pregame Karma interview with Kyle Tucker, you can find it on the iHeart Radio app. Coming up next, Petrose and Money. Do you think either one of those guys A knows that it's Tim Kate's birthday?
Speaker 3: And B if they do know, do you believe that they got him a birthday gift?
Speaker 2: I got the under on both Petros and Money is next once again the final score from Nationals Park in.
Speaker 3: Washington, DC.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers defeat the Nationals in a big way thirteen to six.
Speaker 3: Have a great rest of your Friday.
Speaker 2: Petros and Money is next, see them