Speaker 1: And now an exclusive interview with David Bassey for Dodger Talker Big Day out here at Dodger Stadium. The two times two time Cy Young Award winner and World Series champion, a big part of the Dodgers October run last year is getting ready to come back for good in twenty twenty six. That's the one and only Snells Zilla, Blake snell Man, how did you feel out there in that full uniform throwing the hitters like keithk Hernandez. I mean for a live BP, it was electric?
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, I feel good.
Speaker 3: Definitely happy to be back, you know, just pitching again facing hitters, my bull hand. Going out there, I was like, oh, I'm pitching my crap right now. So I was pretty upset. But once I got out there, I figured it out pretty quickly, and yeah, I'm really happy. I've been happy the whole time with where I'm at, all the balls coming out of my hand, off speed, fastball location. So definitely happy about that. And then you know, the next time, I thought both and I'm gonna be a little bit more, I'll be more.
Speaker 2: Ready to get on it.
Speaker 3: I felt like I was ready today, but the way my arm was I didn't want.
Speaker 2: To push it.
Speaker 3: I was rushing and too excited and I need to slow down and.
Speaker 2: Get back to normal.
Speaker 3: But definitely just yeah, happy to be bad.
Speaker 1: How much adrenaline did you have pumping out there?
Speaker 2: A lot?
Speaker 3: I mean I've been waiting forever to throw again, you know. I went through a whole rehab stint and then got one game in the big leagues and then just had to go through it again and just have a lot VP again.
Speaker 2: And I know how good I am. So it felt good just to pitch again.
Speaker 3: But I can't wait to stack the innings up and get back and pitch in the big leagues and do what I love.
Speaker 1: Can you describe the feeling you have pitching compared to the feeling before you had the nanoscope?
Speaker 3: Yeah, like, uh, it was just it was tough. Yeah, I didn't notice it, and until I got the surgery, and then that's I just thought there was like things that were just already get used to. And then I got the surgery and I realized, like I could feel my fingers again. I could I could like get farther extension on the ball. I could actually like bend my arm and throw the curveball. The curveball is like a thousand times better noticeably the fastball. Everything's gonna play better, and I could locate the ball easier. So I'm excited. I'm gonna be a way better pitcher just with all of that and what I can do.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I can't wait. That's pretty scary.
Speaker 1: You're pretty good already, but you're gonna be even better now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, yeah, I'm confident. Curveball is just way better. It's breaking how it used to break twenty four, twenty three. The last couple of years here, it's just been very hard to get it to break.
Speaker 2: I've had to, you know, really.
Speaker 3: Manipulate the baseball and seam shift and do a lot to get to get movement. And now it's back to uh, you know, I went to the old grip that I had, and I just have a way more range of motion and I can actually throw the curveball way better faster, and I can locate it at will.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I'm excited about that pitch.
Speaker 1: Knowing you pretty well, seems like your mood has gotten considerably better the last couple of weeks, even from last year when you had to go through all that. It just seems like your headspace is a lot more clear.
Speaker 2: Why is that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, not pitching, it's just sad, Like I want to say, I'm down, Like I'm so happy for my teammates and excited for all of them and the opportunities that they get.
Speaker 1: Me.
Speaker 3: On a personal level, though, it's just, you know, it's it's tough.
Speaker 2: You know, all I want to do is pitch, and so.
Speaker 3: Literally all I want to do, and when I can't do that, it's just it's very tough, and it's yeah, I mean I don't try to let it show.
Speaker 2: I mean you see it because you're around me.
Speaker 3: Uh, you know when when I'm solo and where at the field, so obviously I'll be a little more quiet. But yeah, being able to pitch, it.
Speaker 2: Just it makes me really happy.
Speaker 1: Speaking of your teammates, Justin Robleski got a long overdue call to go to Philadelphia. When you watch him pitch, what do you notice the most of why he's been so successful.
Speaker 3: I mean, he just pounds his own That's definitely why he's fearless. And you know, from from last year to this year, he's just he's can continued to get better and strive to be better, and he had the opportunity, you know, when we got hurt. He's taking full advantage of it. And even you know last year he take advantage of you know, after his bad starts, going to Triple A, getting better and then the postseason and then getting better through those and being a dominant force. And he's really just you know, willed his way into being the guy he is and who's going to continue to grow into.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Blake Snow is a man of many talents. He loves sports, and somehow, some way he's become best friends with the LAFC stars Sonny who has this babblehead tonight and he's wearing Hello number seven, Like snell Zilla, how did you become such close friends with this guy?
Speaker 2: That's his number?
Speaker 3: You know he had it first, but uh no, I was just always a fan of him. And then when he came out of the first pitch, I was like, there's no way.
Speaker 2: I was kind of geeked, and then.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was like, I gotta catch the first pitch, no doubt, I'm not.
Speaker 2: I have to.
Speaker 3: Then I met him and we just had We just always were laughing and joking, and then we just became good friends.
Speaker 1: From that, so you text yeah here and there, Yeah, do you think you'll get this signed?
Speaker 2: For sure? Yeah? For sure? Easy, Yeah for sure.
Speaker 1: Okay during the All Star break. Obviously you're not starting your rehab until next weekend, so you got this whole week. You know, I could cancel plans with my family if you want to spend some quality time to get.
Speaker 2: There Zilla the seasons enough, Dave? Is that a maybe?
Speaker 3: No, that's a definite no. Just write that off. Have the plans with your family. I can help you with plans with your family, you know. If you can't figure out what to do, I'll make sure you're busy, you know, and uh, get you a Shirley temport and enjoy that off time, okay, and then I'm gonna go get ready to pitch.
Speaker 2: You know. That's what I need to do, is pitch.
Speaker 3: So I'll get ready for that away from you, okay, and then when I'll see you back on that homestand and we'll get ready to go.
Speaker 2: All right. Hey, I like that.
Speaker 1: That's a little sneak peak to when the Great snail Zilla will be back. Here's a gift for you, Zilla already already.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's your Okay, thank you, take that home.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, I'll start off the All Star break right giving this to the family.