Speaker 1: But two shooting victims around Fountain Square. So this sort of thing has just been continuing on. And I'm sure you saw this I did. I want to share a clip of the police chief was asked about the violence and what's going to go on here, and here was her response.
Speaker 2: Hit it.
Speaker 3: And so my message to everybody learn how to behave in our city, but especially learn how to behave in our downtown and our Fountain Square.
Speaker 4: And our officers.
Speaker 3: Will approach you if you start to behave disorderly on Fountain Square, because these things sometimes start as a minor altercation and then evolve into something bigger. So do not come down town, especially on Fountain Square if you don't know.
Speaker 4: How to behave.
Speaker 1: So learn how to behave. I mean, boy, that strikes the fear of God and people, right, you just got to learn all of a sudden, just learn how to behave pretty.
Speaker 5: I mean, I know some people were panning the police chief on social media about it. Is this a middle school teacher here?
Speaker 1: Collect to do everything and go out of our way to say what we all know what really needs to happen is, look, the violence going on can't continue, and we're going to crack down as hard as you've ever seen.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get every.
Speaker 1: Cop we can, We're gonna get him on the street, and we're gonna crack down on this starting right this second never goes there. Well, now you're seeing it's starting to bleed into the mayor. He is under a lot of heat. He has been, but it's just been intensified. He was just recently asked if he has confidence in the police chief, and he dodges the question kind of thing. So let's explore this a little bit. And to do that, we've got a great guest. He's a legal analyst. He joins us on the show often on these matters. Steve Gooden joins us right now, Steve, how are.
Speaker 6: You great, gentlemen?
Speaker 2: How are you chisty?
Speaker 6: We are good.
Speaker 1: So I guess first give me your thoughts on the police chief and her comments and how that kind of pertains to what's going on with the mayor right now.
Speaker 6: Well, I'll tell you it's you know, I've lost all confidence in this chief. And I mean I was one of the first this summer who called for her to step down. I mean, her responses to these things are kind of comical. Jason, I heard you compare her to a middle school teacher, and I don't think that that's fair to middle school teachers. They tend to be able to get kids to behave you know, whoever whatever, young idiot and they didn't catch him, by the way, whoever Swiss cheese that restaurant with his glock last night. I don't think he's going to respond to a stern talking to with the chief. Okay, so the whole thing is a joke. The optics of it are terrible. The bottom line is they are almost two hundred officers short from their compliment. That compliment was set back in two thousand and five, way before we had it developed over the Rhine Way, before we had a TQL stadium or a Brady team. We have all these different people downtown. We have a bus system that brings people and kids from all these different high schools into Government Square, which is right by Fountain Square. It's become something that is really just not being properly policed. We need more police on patrol, more boots on the ground. We have had a slow rolling police staffing crisis that have been going on in building for the last seven to eight years. It's all come home to roost. They don't have the officers to respond to this, and for whatever reason, the chief and the mayor are turning down help from the governor, from the State Patrol to actually, you know, actually provide some sweeps, provide some extra boots on the ground, and to at least take over policing the interstates, which would free up at least twenty to thirty officers to do other things within the city limits. So what they're doing here is beyond me. They need to be working overtime to get war officers in and I particularly bring in the Shaffs deputies and the State Highway Patrol and the short term, that's what we did twenty years ago when we had the riots in two thousand and one. It was very effective. It's what Cleveland is doing right now. By the way, they may full complement the State Highway Patrol doing drug sweeps and violent sweeps and gun sweeps in their downtown as we speak. But for some reason, our folks, I guess because of electoral politics and because of how they're afraid it would look. They're afraid to step up and take the help that is being offered. They're going to end up with the situation. I fear where we're going to get in the cross hairs of the federal folks who are going to be looking at the National Guard. I mean, that's already something you already hear in the business community. It's something I don't think we want or need. But that's where this goes if these folks don't step up and do their jobs.
Speaker 5: Man, Steve, you man, you said a lot there and you couldn't have said it any better. And up reading on for my colleagues at the inquire since Sanny dot they have a really good breakdown excuse me of this this press conference from from Mayor aftab pure of all today, there was a lot in there and it almost it just it's Steve. It's kind of like, oh, all of a sudden, Oh yeah, he's now acknowledging that, you know, public safety isn't good enough, you know. And then there's a there's a line in here in Cincinnati dot com and says when asked whether he still has confidence in police Chief Teresa Thi Giu, Mayor Pureval did not answer.
Speaker 2: This is just.
Speaker 5: What do you make of the mayor's response here? And I'll leave it that what do you make of the mayor's response to all this. Right now, considering there's been a lot of things that have been going on and they've not been good in downtown over the Rhine in the last few.
Speaker 6: Months, well, I think the problem it's not just the mayor. It's the mayor, it's the city manager and the apps who do nothing council, and I think the problem they have is is that they have been lining their asses off as I'm sorry if I can say that on the for the last seven months, feeding like Bogus Cherry picked crime stats out, trying to tell everyone that there is no problem. There absolutely is a problem. It's only been within the last six weeks that the shootings have been so terrible and concentrated near a lot of the three CDC properties where they've invested a lot of money that they now have to sell, where the business community is coming at them. I have one pretty good authority. The whole fifth third C suite was blowing up the mayor last night, saying you have to do something or else. We're going to be looking to elected officials outside the Cincinnati area. I know that Western Southern the folks there are out Britney, Ruby and Jeff Ruby. Those are they're out publicly today saying please do something. This says less than a football field away from the crown jewel of our restaurants, one of the most popular restaurants really anywhere in the Midwest, and you have shootings right there, like please do something. People have put their life savings into downtown and over the ride in these small businesses. Do something, do something, do something. And the problem they have is whether it be a have to have, whether it be counsel, whether it be the police chief, is that they haven't been honest about the problem, and so long they no longer have credibility. That's why morale is in the toilet and the police department. Everyone I talked to, you know, from the F and P leadership down to the rank and file, all the same thing. AFTAB is essentially the commander in chief of this police force and they see a guy that is that is not honest about what's going on, who really could seem to care less about the example of the setting. And it goes for the chief too. So it's a terrible situation and I don't really know how you get out of it. It's like any other relationship you have, But I think this is the way the city feels about the mayor. If someone's lying to you in a relationship, there's a point of no return. Well you can't make it good. And I think that's the problem he has with the voters. There is no trust, there is no credibility. I fear he's going to go right back in and if I'm being very honest, but that's why we need new counsel to keep them honest and to really deal with this. And uh yeah, I mean, I'm sure he's lost trust in the chief. I'm sure she's going to be a sacrificial lamb here. She's not acquitted herself well in fairness, but it really begins at the top of the elected leadership, who have really not done anything to hold these folks accountable. Now they're feeling it from the business community, and now they're feeling it from the regular voters. And we'll see what happens.
Speaker 1: So people, you know, the business community community, let's go back six months, right, and we're maybe a little bit quiet on it, and the mayor would keep lying even though everyone sees the violence. I mean, it's one of the beauties of social media. Like you are getting video. It's hard to not see those videos of people getting beat up and shot and all that. And so then so you finally, you know, has to has to admit that there that there is a problem. But right now, Steve, he's got to call in. It seems like he's in a rock and a hard place kind of thing here. He either says yes to allowing Dwine to send in a state highway patrol and some reinforcements. And if he doesn't say yes to that, which politically he doesn't want to do, that, the next thing that will happen is Trump will send in the guard, which he really doesn't want to do politically.
Speaker 2: Am I reading this scenario right here?
Speaker 6: Well, you know that's certainly a possibility. And I mean, look, you know it's kind of ironic here because I think a lot of the business community really really gave aftab a lot of leeway here. You know, I mean, the business community very much supported him when the first time he ran. He was kind of their guy. He really kind of presented himself from the sort of a pro development person and that's been you know, really sort of his you know, behind the scenes, you see Aftab out at a community event and he sounds like a socialist, but you see him to have the Chamber of Commerce and he sounds like, you know, a capitalist, and a lot of these folks had bought it. And I think there's a lot of buyers are worse here now that if they see that these properties are not being protected, the people aren't being protected, that their workers don't feel safe. I'm calling you from my office on Fifth Street, where my secretary was afraid to go out to lunch today because the shootings were right by Government Square, right by where the two shootings occurred. I mean, it's a travesty. But all that being said, you know, the National Guard thing is something that's absolutely floating out there. We're hearing it in Portland right now. I think that's an absolute last resort. But I know, and I can't tell you name names, I can tell you first hand. I know there are business leaders who are openly talking about whether or not it makes sense to go to our senators, who are both Republicans and both seem to have lines to Trump, to look for that kind of outside help. I hope it doesn't go that way. I don't think it should go that way. We should be able to solve these problems with our local resources and our state resources. We should be able to work better with the sheriff's department, which is more fully staffed than our police department. We have done that in the past when I was a young prosecutor. Have you know, the renew Unit and the Operation Vortex for sheriff's deputies and Police office and CPD officers would go out together on traffic and drug interdiction missions and they really really did a great job of reducing the spiking crime we saw post the riots in two thousand and one and two thousand and two. But for whatever reason, whether it be ideological, philosophical, political, some combination thereof, they're afraid to have honest conversations about what's happening. And yes, they're going to end up with us being very much part of the national conversation, you know about this these cities that are being looked at as lawless, as as part of you know, as potential National Guard sites. I think it's terrible. I don't think that's what we want or need, but that is where this could lead. If these folks don't don't pull it together very quickly.
Speaker 2: We well, we're already seeing it.
Speaker 1: A lot of the conservative folks that are that are big names already pointing us out in your law Ingram Matt Walsh's in which the mayor definitely doesn't want the Nashtle spotlight here because then, you know, Trump will be incentivized to do to bring in the guard that kind of thing.
Speaker 2: See, we got about one minute. What do you see happening here?
Speaker 1: Peer into your crystal ball, what happens with the mayor, what happens with the police chief, and how do you see things developing here in the next say, two to four weeks.
Speaker 6: Well, you know, really it's really hard to say. I mean, when I heard the mayor was calling a police or a press conference today, I hope to god it was going to be to announce that he was accepting a full compliment of State Highway Patrol officers and announcing some sort of collaboration with the Sheriff's department. That didn't happen. I predict he will get into a position where he has to do that, particularly if the violence and the shooting continues. I think he's under extreme pressure, particularly from the business community, to do something along those lines. And that's my prediction and hope very good.
Speaker 2: We'll see you listen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we appreciate your comments on this and I'm sure we'll be talking soon.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much. Think you all take care of very Steve Good and join us. Great insight there.
Speaker 1: But but yeah, it's like it's like one of those things where you just hope a problem will kind of go away and you'll get lost. But it's metastasized, and rightfully so, because it just continues to be worse and worse. And then when finally look, the businesses, especially the restaurants, are not incentivized to publicly put out there, hey it's unsafe because then people don't want to come downtown. But at some poy you get to a point where you're like, we got to do something because people are already not coming down here. So now the pressure is getting applied, and is it gonna make a difference. It sounds like his job weighs in the balance of that.
Speaker 5: Well, where was the sense of urgency after the whole brawl thing that happened, and what was that in right at the end of July be going to August. Where was where was this sense of urgency from the mayor? Then I know he was on vacation, but there still was not that sense of urgency. That obviously became a national story and then it became about politics, and I'm tired of politics becoming a part of Craig. We all deserve to be safe, whether whatever whatever way we lean politically, right right, Bringing in bringing in politics into this stuff is just is unacceptable. It's you want to have You want to be safe. You want to be safe in your home, whatever neighborhood you live in, wherever you go to visit, to work, to go out to dinner. Like period, end of story. Doesn't matter what your background is, what your race is, what your religion is, it doesn't matter. We all in this country deserve to be safe. And period in your story, fix it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and and again when when the money people, unfortunately, it takes that when they say, hey, you're hurting our business. And those are the ones that gave a vote a confidence of the mayor. Yeah, back when you got elected and all of a sudden or.
Speaker 5: Well frankly, frankly the business communities let it go on too long and there's a lot of people there. But where have you been on this? And why a city hall gotten to this point where it's like, oh, okay, well, now here we are and this is this is not only are people getting killed and hurt, that's the most important thing, but it's also just our reputation right now nationally is just not good.
Speaker 1: Then it's frustrating. All right, let's go and check some trafficking weather. How are we look at it? From the UC Health Traffic Center. The UC Health Women's Sports Medicine Program provide specialized care for female athletes at all levels. Schedule and appointment online ucehealth dot com. We have seventy five filling in northbound between Mitchell and Paddock about a ten minutes right now, and southbound seventy five stop ago ez your trials to the Brent Spence Berge southbound seventy five Ronald Reagan Highway to Norwood. I don't about a five minute delay as well as we have that ongoing road work. And seventy five northbound now from Turfoyd to the Brent Spence up to about a ten minute trip. William Howard taff at Reading crash here, police on the scene. I'm Rick Shrimp News Radio seven hundred double WELW and the forecast night clear skies another mild night low of fifty two and then tomorrow mostly sunny and pleasant. We cold front will kind of pass through, adding some cooler air.
Speaker 2: The high tomorrow be seventy one.
Speaker 1: Right now to seventy four News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: This report is sponsored by Ohio eight one one call.
Speaker 7: It before you dig, Guntact Ohio eight one one at least forty eight hours before you dig. It's easy to do and it's the law Center Point Energy Columbia Gas out.
Speaker 1: But the Queen of Cincinnati Media still joins us. Since it is Tuesday now, question the one the Only, Tanya Rourke and Tanya. We just got off the film with Steve Gooden who gave us some comments and thoughts on what's going on downtown. What two shootings on Monday night. The police chief Fichi is kind of under fire for her comments, and the mayor didn't really give her a vote of confidence. Believe you have talked to the mayor or anything you can preview about that conversation to us right now.
Speaker 4: Nothing specific that he said about let me be clear, like he did not express a vote of no confidence in her in any way, shape or for him with nothing like that occurred in my private conversation with him, which was about twenty four minutes long. So what he did say was that he intends he wants there are no more excuses. We have to go after crime. We have to or we have to be proactive in our policing. Now, I don't know if that's a news stance. I don't I don't know that the police chief has said we are not proactively policing. I would think that she has been. But I specifically said, like, for example, when you're talking about people smoking pot on street corners or like, you know, you're not allowed to by the way, this is a big conversation in this news room about five minutes ago. But they're like, what do you mean you can't smoke? We'd it happens all the time, Like, yes, it does. It doesn't mean it's legal. You're allowed to possess it, you're allowed to have it to smoke in your own home, in your own backyard, you're not allowed to smoke it on a city street in a city park. And so I asked specifically about like, so would you say, go after people who are you know, smoking weed? He'say, yes, that's what we need to start doing. We need to start being proactive. They want to change. You know, look at how they changed changing the busing. We had to anchor. Our anchor, Bretbagyanski's shooting a story down this today. He was downtown Government Square today eleven thirty in the morning and there are school age kids just out there hanging around. We saw one rolling a joint and he toasted them. He is, aren't you so I swifts be in school and they're like, yeah, we're working remotely today. So and I did ask the mirror. You know, at some point this comes down to how you know, you can do all the policing in the world, but you how do you say to a parent you're a terrible parent, like you You know, it does come down to the parent has to say you can't go out and do this, you must go to school or else right to do that with your kids. Yeah, so you know, he he I been talking to the mayor today, he admits, because this is all on me, Like he took full responsibility for the state of crime in Cincinnati. So it was interesting. We're gonna air some of that and we'll put the whole thing online too.
Speaker 2: So Tanya's not good.
Speaker 5: Bud I know you're you're prefacenist, but I know you're an hour and you know you're an anchor and reporter and you're you're not commentary, right.
Speaker 2: What is it about now?
Speaker 5: I mean this, these unfortunate incidents have been going on and you know, high profile for a while now and July. Yeah, and we obviously, we all we've reported and talked a lot about what happened at the brawl in July, and but there have been many, many incidents even since then. So did you get a sense from your conversation?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 5: Why why did he wait this song to become really tough on this? And then why not months ago? I mean why not a year? Two years ago? Whatever?
Speaker 2: Did you get a sense there?
Speaker 4: We? I said, you know, you said the same thing two months ago, We said the same thing a month ago. You know, we've kind of been saying the same thing. So I say we, I mean they, you know, they've sort of been saying the same things for the last few since July. Essentially. You know, I don't want to put words in anyone's mouth. I don't want to put sup positions. But the only I don't think this is the only difference. I think there are a couple of things that happened. Like Britney Ruby put out a statement today, I think I think I think you're starting to see and we're starting to see it. I think it's been happening for a while, but I think we're starting to see the business people of downtowns and sego, what the heck is happening here? Man, We're not taking this any longer. And I think you've got an election in three weeks and I think that, you know, a lot of the country right now is saying what's going on with crime punishment? And I don't. I don't think it's I don't think C'scinnati's exempt from that. And so you've got an electorate that I think is a little more aware of, like, wow, we got some crime issues and why is crime occurring? Why does it continue to occur? One thing I asked the mayor about he talked about we were talking about the kids being out on the street corner at eleven thirty in the morning, and he's like, yeah, we've got a truancy issue. Well, as I understand it, and I could be wrong here. I would love for someone to tell me I'm wrong, But as I understand it. The juvenile court judge got rid of truancy as a I'm going to put it into air quotes crime. In other words, they don't pursue truancy anymore. It's sort of I think if you talk to policing experts, crime experts, they will tell you it all starts at those little tiny crimes, those broken glass issues. Right, So someone's truant repeatedly and their parents aren't held the task on that, the child's not held the task on that. Then what's next. So now they're truant, and what are they doing? And so it all starts in this one little space that if you can stop it there, I think most crime experts would say, you've now stopped a lash of crime, right, community.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean to your point, yeah, I agreed, And to your point as you say that, I recall when when Rudy Giuliani got elected mayor of New York that the first thing he did was right, clean up the subways, right, get the graffiti out, and get rid of the people that are doing that. Crackdown again. Seeming like a little thing, like what's the correlation to your point? Small things, if left unchecked, become big things and if you well, we can get away with this, and then well we can get away with that. It goes on and on and on, and it's a part of this soft on crime mentality that these judges and and and the loss of the fall This is the fallout and we're seeing it here and it is amazing.
Speaker 2: I don't think there's anything.
Speaker 1: This is my comment, but I don't think there's anything like like honest about what the mayor is doing, other than he's finally feeling the heat.
Speaker 2: If he wouldn't, If I if.
Speaker 1: Business leaders downtown and the Brittany Rubies of the world weren't hitting him up and saying, look, dude, you got to do something, I don't think things will be happening. But regardless, I guess that the good news is there's finally some pressure being put on this because if he's not careful, it's going to spiral completely out of control and nobody is going to want to go downtown.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: It's interesting, Like I was thinking about this this morning, knowing that I was going to interview Corey Bowman today. I was already planned because I'm doing a profile of him, and I wanted to do a profile of the mayor and then so I ended up also talking to the marriage today, so touched both of them. But in preparation for it, I was thinking about crime in the sense that I am not a victim of crime, me, Tanya, I am not a victim of crime. So whoever is in charge of crime and enforcement of policing downtown, they might be affecting me in the sense that do I want to come downtown or not? That could have an effect on me. But I am really it's unlike, it's less likely that I'm going to be a victim of crime other than somebody else. Right, So why is it that the people who are the victims of crime that are not standing up and saying that's it, We've had enough? And I told I don't where is that? Where is that?
Speaker 2: It's stitches thing? Right?
Speaker 4: To some degree, I guess I don't know. I don't know the answers to these things. But I thought about that a lot this morning. And by the way, there were people predicting this three and four five years ago that you are very aware of and I am very aware of that this is exactly what was going to happen in our city. And I hate like heck that it might be really true. Now I did ask about perception virsus reality. I've sat on this this, this news, this program with you guys before talking about like do I think Downtown's safe? I mean, you know, and I've said, look, would I go downtown have dinner, Yes, I would, But I would also then leave. I would park close, go to dinner, leave, I wouldn't stick around. These things are happening now at five thirty in the afternoon, seven thirty in the evening. This is not I mean seventh thirty last night was probably dark at that point or getting close to it. But this is not like midnight. This is not two in the morning.
Speaker 1: This is.
Speaker 4: In the heart of downtown. And it used to be that the line of demarcation was Central Parkway. The Central Business District was sort of off limits. No, you're not allowed to go down there and like and cause issues because that was sort of this golden goose. You didn't touch it, and there was not crime. And in fact, for five two two, forever and ever, the Central Business District was the safest portion of Cincinnati, the safest neighborhood. And I don't know that you could say that anymore.
Speaker 5: You mentioned Tany, you mentioned perception there, and this is what frustrated me about you we went going back to the July brawl. Is that, yeah, we can drill down into the crimes to tist and nerd out on those and say like, okay, this is overall for the most part, it's not happening just constantly around the clock, but the perception piece cannot be dismissed.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, you're you know what, I'm going to correct you on that three hundred extra instances of crime just in downtown this year over last year. Dear, this year over the last year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it's no, I apologize, it is up the correct What I'm saying is that I felt like I felt like the even the perception piece of it was dismissed by some folks at city Hall like okay, well yeah, you know and that.
Speaker 2: But it's like.
Speaker 5: That that then becomes that gets tentacles and becomes whether whether it's reality or not is neither here nor there. It's that now in the minds of people thinking like I'm not going to go to that restaurant now. And I think that's what Brittany Ruby Miller, you know, on the business people. I'm not going I'm going to try to work at home now and try to talk my boss and the not let it making me come in the office now and all those things, and then it becomes its snowballs the next thing, you know, like we've got to you know, no one is coming downtown and without a vibrant center city, like what are we.
Speaker 4: You know, go ask Cleveland what's going on up there? Why is it that Cleveland the Cleveland Browns want to move out of downtown? There's nothing going on in downtown Cleveland, right, And I'm trying to pick on Cleveland.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's most major cities. Pick one, Baltimore or Chicago, all of them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're right, this is I mean, look, whether there's an election or whether this is whatever, the reason is, someone needs to do something about this and now because and if not now, six months ago, a year or ago, like there, today is the most important day because it's just you're absolutely correct. This is going to become embedded in our lexicon and how we think about downtown and when you know, we're building this giant convention center and are we gonna have issues there? I mean, you know, like do you want to come to a city where they're saying that in that particular neighborhood, the central business district, crime is up like by three hundred instances. I mean, do you want that? So you've got to get hold of it. You got to get a hold of it as soon as possible.
Speaker 1: Well to that note, tell you what I'm afraid of, and I if gone in my head, what what happens here? I'm afraid the mayor just kind of playgates, play case does nothing, gets re elected and then everyone's like, well, you know, if this doesn't spur you to change your mind, what will what will you know?
Speaker 4: And he would tell you that, no, that is not indeed the case. I mean, this is we need to pick this. I love the city and I intend to you know, I did, by the way, ask him, well, air this stuff next week. But I asked him, you know if you get realists being staying for four years, and said absolutely yes. So you know he would tell you that that's false, that this is not because of an election, this is because it has to be taken care of. So you know, as you said, I'm not a commentator, and I probably have crossed the lawn to say anyway, but I'm telling you what he would tell you is that, no, that's not the case. I would you know, I will take him at his word on that and hope for the best in that regard.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: I also interviewed Corey Bowman, who's like, I'm gonna unleash if I'm elected, I'm gonna unleash police. They're going to come know that I've got their back. I'm gonna we're going to get our numbers up when we're going to go. So, you know, it's kind of look, you can look at it either way. Is something going to happen because of this, because of what's happened overnight? Is there going to be a new and reinvigorated push I think so that they're saying there is. I even ask like, are you willing to put Ohio State Highway Patrol, you know, leasing downtown and he said yeah, and if if Teresa wants to have them standing on Fountain Square, we can do that too. So let's see what happens. Hopefully something good happens.
Speaker 1: Let's hope, and we will uh, we'll be on this and very very well said Tony. Listen, we really appreciate your time. I know you had a million things going on, but we appreciate you stopping in and come in here.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Hey see you guys, you got to see you, tonya.
Speaker 1: That is my biggest fear is that you know, Okay, yeah, we're gonna do something. We're gonna do something. Election rolls around, everybody gets re elected, and so what do you what do you do? You know and and that and and people are going to be hurt the most are the ones that maybe don't live downtown and can't vote in the election, but would make otherwise, like to do business downtown or forget it and coming.
Speaker 5: Yeah, or visit downtown for Reds Bengals concerts. And you know, Tanya mentioned, uh, you know, I think money when you mentioned the convention center. This is real stuff here. And the folks who look at bringing conventions to town and these massive, big organizations when they look around at cities, this is part of what they look at. The crime in a city. That's one of many things they look at. And if you have this perception of well, we're not it will have a real impact and like we're building this like you just keep going down the line here and one more thing rocket the election after Pierval is going to get re elected. Barring an absolute miracle, he's going to get re elected. And so what Tanya said there is that you know him him addressing like it doesn't matter about the election. That's the right mentality.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 5: Whether he's going to follow through on that as a different story, but that is the mentality he should have, is that this needs to be fixed now. It doesn't matter about politics, It doesn't matter about the next election, doesn't matter if I'm going to stay for four years or whatever. This has to be addressed now. And as Tanya said, not tomorrow. You know, it should have been six months ago, a year ago, or whatever, should have been yesterday.
Speaker 2: But it has to be done now.
Speaker 1: I agree with no. I know you are and I am too. But Aftam is a political creature. He is he is.
Speaker 2: He ain't a killer.
Speaker 1: He's not a guy that is up to this job to actually get down happy to do it. But he but he but he's a political creature. He is going to do He's gonna respond to what gets me reelected. I don't think he actually, you know, he's gonna serve that first and then safety otherwise, and he can you know, and they can throw some things, and that's what I'm afraid it is gonna happen.
Speaker 2: We're way late.
Speaker 8: Let's chuck some trafficking weather. How are we looking? Looking from the UC Health Traffic Center. You you see health Women's Sports Medicine Program provide specialized care for female athletes at all level. Scheduled and appointment. You see health dot com. Seventy five southbound after Cooper crash on the right shoulder delay US to Glendale Milford. William Howard taft of writing an accident as well, and Chevy at Golbreth. He's an accident with traffic being directed around that in a breakdown. Seventy five southbound after twelfth the street has both shoulders affected. We're looking at seventy five north and south affected. Mitchell de Pattick and Aser Charles to the Brent Spence Burge with heavy volumes of traffic.
Speaker 2: I'm rich.
Speaker 8: Repnews Radio seven hundred double d well w.
Speaker 4: This report is sponsored by Starbucks, the Pumpkin Spice a lotepe.
Speaker 1: By the way, if you watched any of that ed gean Monster thing on Netflix.
Speaker 2: It havn't.
Speaker 5: But you told me about that yesterday, and I'm going to because I've watched all those Monster series.
Speaker 2: It's pretty disturbing, to say the least.
Speaker 1: But nonetheless, it's that time of the year of lots of people watching horror movies. But what effects do those movies and the scares in them have on our bodies, particularly our heart. To check in with that, I want to have our next guest. We love having her on the show. She's a cardiologist. Her name is doctor Fommy Farrah. Love having her on.
Speaker 2: Doctor Farah. Welcome to the program.
Speaker 9: How are you hey, It's great to be back. Thanks for having me. I'm doing well.
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 2: We are great.
Speaker 1: So the scary movies that many of us like, what sort of stresses or otherwise that can that palpably have on our heart and our health, Well.
Speaker 9: You know, scary movies can't have a flight fight or flight response, which is when when that's happening we our bodies. It tends to release certain types of hormones, and you know that can cause our heart rate to go up and blood pressure to go up. And so those who have previous and conditions like heart disease or heart failure, that little change can affect them a little bit, potentially.
Speaker 5: Can can you even have a heart attack? I mean, I know this is uh you know, go on Haunted House season as well, it's a scary movie season. You get really shocked and you're not in good health. Could it even cause a heart attack right there?
Speaker 9: It's not very common to have that, but it's not impossible, And that's part of the reason.
Speaker 6: I guess.
Speaker 9: The effect is very similar to like writing a roller coaster. So when you go to these parts six flags, for example, some of those rides will have a sign if you have had a heart attack or have any pre existing heart conditions. Refrained from writing on this, so it's similar advice. You know, hopefully no movie is scary enough to give anybody a heart attack, but uh, it's not. It's not common, but it's not unlikely.
Speaker 2: Uh does our bodies know the difference?
Speaker 1: Doctor Farah of a like a true scare versus a fake scare? If that makes any sense our I guess in that particular instance, when you know something traumatic happens in real life, is it the same as maybe something on a movie, like a horror movie jumping out and then can spike our adournaline that kind of thing is that does the body even know the difference.
Speaker 9: I don't think the body has ability to recognize like I'm talking about. Of course we mentally we recognize what's real and what's not. But the response, the stress response from the body, there's not necessarily a difference. Now, depending on what the situation is, you might have a higher level of stress response versus a lower level of stress response, but the response itself, there's not a way to differentiate it.
Speaker 5: I did see something a story where sometimes an intense shock. What was a study that showed that it can increase the potential of a heart attack twenty one fold within twenty four hours after that. That's probably not a scary movie, right, It's probably more of the death of a family member or friend or something along those lines.
Speaker 9: Right, That's correct. You know, like when you're watching a movie. Sure things can shock us, we can scare us, it can disappoint us, just like in games and stuff watching those and those can't have a temporary response, a stress response, like I was saying, with the hormones that are released, we can have you know, spike and heart rate and blood pressure. Some people who have pre existing conditions, they could even have symptoms like chest pain, that's temporary. But I agree with you those responses that linger on and will have a much more pronounced effect are real life things. For instance, a death loved one. Something very particular about that. It's called, you know, broken heart syndrome. The other name for it is tackets where it's actually a type of heart failure. That is a very real thing, and it can happen as a result of a shocking response, for example, a divorce or a loss of a loved one through death. Yes, we do see that.
Speaker 1: Doctor Fami Farah joins us. She is a cardiologist, doctor Pharaoh. Like you see so many things out there in terms of health and the things we can do to take care of our heart and our health and all that. As an expert here we cut through it a little bit some of the things that are out there, and they're on the internet right cut through like, what are some things that if someone right now listens and this says, look, I want to be a little more conscious and thoughtful on how to take care of my heart and that sort of thing. What's for the top one or two things you would tell them?
Speaker 9: Well, first of all, being aware of it is important. Yes, it is a number one killer for both men and women. And the silver lining here is that eighty percent of heart disease is preventable and that is in your control. And that is two top things. One is diet, making sure you were eating heart healthy diet, which means more vegetables, let's red meat, let's process meats, and just clean eating. And then the second is exercise. Staying active is very very important. So you know, get out there, walk, exercise, whatever you like, whatever type of exercise, but staying active is key here. Number three stress management very very important. And number four would be sleep, I would say, because you know, sleep disturbance is a risk factor now considered a major respective for cardiovascular diseases. Making sure you're not staying on your phone and getting adequate sleep is very important.
Speaker 5: On that last one, Doc, what is that about sleep that has an impact on your heart, good or bad?
Speaker 9: Well, just insomnia in general, like you know, not being able to sleep. That's when our body heals, and so any kind of you know, like oxidative stress that affects different parts of your body or vascular system. All that healing process happens during sleep. So when you're not getting adequate sleep, you just kind of don't have that healing taking place, and things just get worse and worse. Also, lack of sleep can increase your risk factors such as your blood pressure will be elevated and people who are not getting adequate sleep heart rate will be elevated. So those things matter. And then then there's other things that are actual sleep disorders, like sleep apnea for example. So those who have sleep apneat they should absolutely get that checked and treated because it is a major respector for causing all sorts of cardiovascular diseases.
Speaker 1: The tough one doctor pharaph for me is, look someone out there. Lots of people they eat right, they're healthy, they exercise, they get sleep, but they may have a pre existing condition, something in their chromosomal structure that they didn't know, Maybe it's something that's been passed down. What would you suggest for people to do to find that out and find out maybe if they're predisposed to this or that, what should they do?
Speaker 9: The best thing is talking to family members first of all, to find out about your history, because there's a genetic correlation.
Speaker 4: You will know.
Speaker 9: Through your family members if anybody's had a heart attack, if anybody has stints or had an open heart surgery, any kind of heart disease for that matter, or stroke, that's a good start. If you have a family history, that means you are genetically predisposed, and so you should go get your heart checked early on so that you know. Like I said, prevention is key. The sooner you find out if there's something wrong, the better chances you have of preventing a can traffic event like a heart attack or a stroke. And you're just taking charge of your health even if you don't know about your family history. If you have risk factors like high blood pressure, high polesteral diabetes, if you smoke, all of those can predispose you to early heart disease and.
Speaker 2: So you need to take care of those absolutely well.
Speaker 1: Doctor Farah, listen, We appreciate your time on this. So folks want to find out find out more about you. Where can they go?
Speaker 2: What can they do?
Speaker 9: You can find me at www dot Bentleyheart dot com. Also www dot doctor Fammifarah dot com and my social media handle is at fammy Jfarah for Instagram and Twitter.
Speaker 2: Doctor Farair is the best.
Speaker 9: Thank you, Thank you for having those My pleasure.
Speaker 2: Yep, very good.
Speaker 1: Enjoyed talking with her Yeah, Now, anything pre existing in your family that you.
Speaker 2: Know, knock on wood, nothing, not that I'm aware of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my grandfather died of a heart attack, But I mean that was I feel like that was an isolated sort of thing. Hopefully, hopefully, hopefully I should look into that. With that, let's go ahead and check some trafficking weather.
Speaker 2: How are you looking well?
Speaker 8: From the UC Health Traffic Center. The UC Health Women's Sports Medicine Program provides specialized care for female athletes at all levels. Schedule and appointment at UCHealth dot com. Two seventy five Eastpound on ramp from Loves with Madeira's where we've got a crash on the ramp. We've got police there and watch for this emerging traffic early with this accident now seventy five southbound after twelfth Street to breakdown that has the left side affected for seventy one southbound between the Alexandria Pike and between Alexandria and Pike. In two seventy five that should be is what. We've got an accident on the shoulder and cruiser on the scene here. Seventy five is sewing northbound Mitchell of Paddock southbound is or Childs the Brent Spence and southbound seventy five E is about a ten minute drive around the Reagan Highway to Norwood Lateral with the ongoing road work delays the SHP upper my Rich Rep News Radio seven hundred double do Well w DO and forecast.
Speaker 1: Tonight clear skies, another mild night low of fifty two and then tomorrow mostly sunny and pleasant. We cold front will kind of pass through, add some cooler air the high tomorrow B seventy one Right now to seventy four News Radio seven hundred WLW Well.
Speaker 10: This week it's Taylor versus Kumplin on Thursday Night football, the Bengals look to toss the Steelers into the recycling bin. There's a lot I can say about Pittsburgh, but none of it can be set on our radio. The Bengals slugging out with the Steelers. Thursday coverage begins at four pm. Stream for free are the new unimproved iHeartRadio app or on seven hundred WLW home of the best Bengals coverage.
Speaker 11: This report is sponsored by Continental Roof Company, Best Products, best Price.
Speaker 2: The first time Continental roof Company understands the value.
Speaker 1: Jason Williams and We're just talking a little health there with doctor Fom. Here's a follow up story to health relating things you. Now, protein is obviously the big craze, right, Everyone's needs more protein in their diet, which is overall is a good idea, but it's I mean, it's out there's always Yeah, Starbucks is having protein lattes now, oh yeah. Well the calories though, must be a lot of sugar with that protein. Well, it's it's showing up, Jason, and even odder things protein craze that has hit you know, energy bars and you know the meat sticks and granola bars and all that sort of thing. Well, now, starting in early November, pop tart maker Kelenova will offer a version of the toaster pastry with higher protein swear to God, a protein packed pop tart. The new versions of pop tarts will have ten grams of protein per serving in three flavors brown sugar, cinnamon my favorite, yeah, strawberry and blueberry.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: To up the protein intake, the company is adding, it says, wheat protein concentrate and milk protein concentrate to the dry ingredients, along with the seven thousand other chemicals that are in those things. And having a protein filled pop tart, but it doesn't end there.
Speaker 2: Jason.
Speaker 1: Also, PepsiCo Company has plans for a prote a higher protein version of doritos.
Speaker 2: I mean that's getting a little white, get a little much, right.
Speaker 5: I'd rather have a higher protein dorito than a higher protein pop tart because they're right, because that's gonna have a ton of sugar in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I mean the protein shouldn't add sugar.
Speaker 5: I pop tart alone is gonna have sugar, right, yeah, a ton of whereas the dot isn't gonna have as much sugar.
Speaker 2: I mean not quite as much.
Speaker 1: So yes, maybe if you're gonna choose one or the other, get the and I think they'll sell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd rather have one of those things that you just had. Those. Uh, I can't think of that. I get those sometimes. It was r X bars. R X bars, those are perfect, very simple.
Speaker 1: I mean, but you're seeing it over a protein added to popcorn, pasta, bread, cookie, dough, ice cream. There's protein fuse ice cream, which is good, macaroni and cheese, literally.
Speaker 5: Everything, if they're going to eat it. I guess when I get the extra protein, right, it's all fake protein though.
Speaker 1: Right, I think protein like way, Yeah, but I think that those are all legit. What's why or soy, Yeah, it's all it's all protein. I'm trying to think of some of the other other things I've seen it in. Is there like protein beer? I thought there's like protein beer or alcoholic drinks. I feel like I've seen it in something that.
Speaker 5: Reminds me of Remember when Mick Ultra first came out and it was being like the commercials were runners.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, runners drink this.
Speaker 5: I agree.
Speaker 1: If you're gonna just you get a marathon and then slam a couple.
Speaker 2: Of minute rehydrate. Yeah, yeah, that's that's that's that's an interesting why.
Speaker 1: But yeah, there is there certainly is protein infused beer out there. I haven't partaken in any yet, nor.
Speaker 5: Have I partaken in any of the zero beers. What's the point? Kind of like DCAF coffee why?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's kind of like, yeah, what what am I? What am I spending the money on? What's it going to?
Speaker 2: Right? All right, well, let's do this on the backside here.
Speaker 1: I got an article here about fortune tellers and you'll find it interest interesting in this Halloween season. That'll be next after the news News Radio seven hundred wl.
Speaker 12: W News Traffic and Weather News Radio seven hundred w l W, Cincinnati.
Speaker 13: An argument that began in a neighborhood ends with the shooting in the center of the city. With the four point thirty report, I'm Sean Gallagher breaking now. The mayor and police sheep this afternoon. Addressing a shooting that took place on Cincinnati's Fountain Square Monday night, Chiefsteresa Thichi said that a sixteen year old boy and a nineteen year old man suffer non liight threatening injuries, with two individuals taken into custody as they continue to look for the shooter. The shootings stem from a verbal altercation that began in the Clifton area, then continued into downtown and then into City Bird Tenders restaurant on the Square. Surveillance videos showing the suspect firing shots into the restaurant.
Speaker 4: Coming out of the City Bird.
Speaker 3: They'd just been in an encounter inside the store with some other individuals. As you can see, one of the one of the suspect or persons of interest I should say, is face is blurred on there. This investigation is not over simply because we sign charges on one of them. The investigators are continuing to do their work and if warranted, other charges will be forthcoming on other individuals.
Speaker 13: The twenty four year old male suspect, whose name has not been released, is facing charges of felonious assault and having weapons under disability and was currently on probation for a prior result. Earlier this year, Cincinnati marivtaf Peervaal expressing his frustration with a continued violence despite recent initiatives by the city to reduce crime. This included an increase in officers on Fountain Square as well as Government Square. Four officers were at Fountain Square at the time of Monday night shooting. Peer Ball says members of the Police Department, Civil Disturbance Response Team and Squad will be at Fountain and Government Square from two to ten pm daily now, and he's also presenting legislation to set a much earlier curview in that district that would begin at six pm for unaccompanied minors.
Speaker 14: Now the latest traffic and weather together.
Speaker 8: From the UC Health Traffic Center, you see Health Women's Sports Medicine program provide specialized care for female athletes at all levels. Schedule and appointment at ucehealth dot com Traffic on seventy five is showing southbound between Esther Charles and the Brent Spence, northbound between Paddock, Mitchell and Paddock, and southbound from Roll Reagan Highway down to Norwood lateral. About a ten minute drive on southbound seventy five so announced back to Shephard accident down the ramp of two seventy five east bound from Loveland Madeira and traffic is merging a bit early. Police on the scene. Seventy five southbound after Twelfth Street. A breakdown cleared from the left hand side. It looks like that's an improving picture. In Fort seventy one southbound Alexandria Pike to two seventy five in Kentucky and accident. Remember the work on the Carrol Cropper Bridge continues through seventy five west at the Kentucky Indiana state line. Delays to the Petersburg exit southbound. We're heavy back to west fifty in Indiana. My brick Shrimp. News Radio seven hundred W ROBO.
Speaker 12: The latest forecast from the Train Heating and Cooling Weather Center on news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 15: Tonight mostly clear, We'll see a morning low of fifty one and for tomorrow We're looking at sunshine season LA high a seventy at night stays clear and a low down to forty seven Premier Severe Weather station. I'm nine First Warning Chief Meteorologist Steve Rawley, News Radio seven hundred WL.
Speaker 14: Stundy and currently seventy five degrees.
Speaker 13: Bengalsafts the Steelers on Thursday Night football in We'll see a mostly clear sky during the game, with temperatures in the upper fifties a kickoff, then dipping into the lower fifties by the end of the game. This game to a forecast built by American Hometech. Your RUSS first line of defense starts with US americanhome Tech dot com. A Franklin County judge placing a two week pause on Governor Mike Dewines executive order that bans the sale of intoxicating hemp products in Ohio for ninety days a legal challenge for multiple companies arguing that the order illegally revokes hemp licenses and violates state law, which classifies hemp as an agricultural product to wind, citing a lack of regulation on those products as a reason for pausing sales. The order would not have any impact on non intoxicating hemp products or legal marijuana that is sold in licenses.
Speaker 14: Ben Series seven one hundred WLW Sports.
Speaker 16: Is a Bengals update brought to you my good spirits and party Town with thirteen convenient locations in northern Kentucky. Bengals on the field today getting ready for Thursday night in air AFC North battle against the Steelers. The action right here on seven hundred WLW College Football twenty fourth ranks. Cincinnati Bearcats on the road Saturday night versus Oklahoma State. Get more tonight on the Scott Saderfield Show Live for the Ridge of Montgomery and at eight o'clock right here on seven hundred WLW Baseball Game two of the National League Championship Series tonight with the Dodgers up one game tonne over the Brewers. Game time in Milwaukee is eight o'clock. The ALCS has the night off game three Tomorrow night in Seattle with the Mariners up there two games to none. Bill Dennison seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 13: Sports Big Sale Wall Street, as the Dow was up two hundred three points today, but the NASSEC dropping one hundred and seventy two points in the s and P down ten our next update is at five o'clock. I'm Shaan Gallbager News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 17: How are you maxed out with high interest that you could pay it off in days?
Speaker 18: You know?
Speaker 17: With loan protos rapid equity loan Hey, it's Eddie. Get cash out now without touching your low rate first mortgage, no appraisals, no waiting, no bs. Loan Pronto instant approvals, low rates, no hard credit, pull up front. Your home equity is yours.
Speaker 2: Use it.
Speaker 17: Get cash to consolidate your debt down to one easy, low monthly payment. Call loan Proto now for a free instant appraisal in your home and see how much cash you can get today. Loan Pronto is a plus rated by the BBB and have nearly twenty five hundred five star Google reviews. Their service is off the charts. Call now to start the conversation. Five one three eight hundred fifteen fifty loanproto dot Com five one three eight hundred fifteen to fifty. Get debt Relief now, loan Proto dot Com. Equal Housing Lender n MLS one sixty six one seventy eight one on approof Credit NMLS Consumer Access dot Org.
Speaker 2: I'm John Morgan and Morgan and Morgan. We recently received a call from an injured person.
Speaker 1: The insurance company had all see a much, much lesser version of their favorite band, so so they do it. But I've told the story before, but I saw Great White with Jack Russell leading it, and boy, I mean he died a yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean the band was great, but he was.
Speaker 1: I mean he was sat down and did the whole you know, hold the microphone out to the crowd to see, Yeah, just the whole time. It was it was I felt I felt bad for him. In other news, Jason, here's a story. This is in Pennsylvania, Okay, Montgomery County District Attorney Kevin R.
Speaker 2: Steele. What a great name for a district attorney. By the way, Kevin R.
Speaker 5: Steele, I want, I want, I want my football coach and my prosecutor named that.
Speaker 1: And the police chief announcing the rest of Jeena Marie Marx of Huntington Valley and Steve Nicholas of Jenkintown, uh And revealed that Mars and Nicholas allegedly took in over six hundred thousand dollars from two female victor and victims using a fortune teller scheme. Yes, they scam these two these people out of six hundred grand by claiming to be fortune teller. So going to a ledge over period eleven months, the pair demanded large sums of money and luxury items to cleanse the curse that was beholden to their family. Right, So they find these rich people and they're like, oh my god, our family's cursed because you know Uncle Dave, you know, killed a guy back in eighteen hundred, you know that kind of.
Speaker 2: Thing, and well, we can fix this right up.
Speaker 1: So what they would do, and in a way, it's like, at what point are you taking advantage of someone? And what point does the responsibility call on the people your studium if you're if you.
Speaker 2: Know, we can't go and check all this sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: If you're done with your money and want to give it to a fortune teller just the same way you want to give it to you know, some TV preacher have that, but I guess it was a little more involved. So they would, you know, to cleanse the curse from their family, they would demand jewelry, cash, clothing, concert tickets.
Speaker 5: I laugh about Hey, I hopeully it was still good nobody wasn't to a washed up act.
Speaker 1: I will I will get the spirits away from you for a weekend if you give me tickets to go see your deaf Leppard.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 1: They also led the request the victim of turnover personal items that could be used in rituals. So in other words like, hey, if you want to talk to your your great grandmother Betty, go ahead and bring her diamond ring in and that's the best way to channel that. And they would never give it back. So, now, have you ever been to a fortune teller or a psychic or anything.
Speaker 5: I've called I've called psychics? First story before really I took it was very well read, but I took some heat from certainly the uh now well, the street car religious community. This was right after the Streetcar open. It was going all kinds of story and it was just I was trying to think of a creative because we'd written everything about it at the Inquirer over the years. My our old friend Barry Horseman who passed away. And by the way, the street car was a gift that kept on giving. Oh Man, that gone thing is almost I was thinking about this yesterday for some reason. That thing is almost ten years a year. It's nine years old this month, or nine years old in September. It opened September of twenty sixteen, So next year we'll be celebrating ten and I'll be right there. I'll be right there celebrating it. I'll be eating the cake and everything. Anyway, I've.
Speaker 2: For years. I remember, like you still that that'd be hilarious. Oh yeah, So I I remember I was.
Speaker 5: I was writing politics for the Inquirer then, and I was like, I don't know how I got the idea, but I was like, there was it was this crazy run of just like stuff that was happening with it. It was running into people, and it was running in the cars, and like at one point there was like they found they found mold in the like h g A C system. Like it was a bad run of like right after it opened, and I just I was like, you know what, I'm gonna have some fun with this, because you gotta have some fun, and especially with that at that point too, like we had done every serious story. So I called up like a couple like tarot card like psychic types, and like they played along.
Speaker 2: It was a fun call.
Speaker 1: It was a great like I mean not great because I wrote it. Just the fact that these folks played along.
Speaker 5: I was like, there was one lady in Clifton that I called, and I think there was a fortune teller somewhere else around town. And uh, that was the only time I've ever talked to fortune tellers. But really it was a it was a very fruitful, fruitful.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 1: And have you ever watched a show with your name Teresa Caputa, The Psychic Medium show.
Speaker 2: It's like in New York.
Speaker 1: She seems like my wife has watched the show a lot more than I have, but she seems seems legit.
Speaker 19: Man.
Speaker 1: I don't know how how else she would do it other than she. I believe that people can see and feel certain certain things more than others. Well, I don't know if I've told you so, I've told on air a bunch of times, so pardon me. But one time I went to a psychic and and I was, you know, and he was telling me some things that return would be true. And he gets and I remember this like distinctly, he said, you know, right now, there is a a black man in the room. He's standing right behind you. He has his hand on your shoulder, and he's saying you know, thank you, and he's liked, do you who is this person?
Speaker 2: I'm like, I what I have?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And yeah no, I was still playing and he said, you know yeah, he just said, you know, you didn't know him that long, but but you know, like you guys had had a good friendship and you meant something to him and he wanted you to know that.
Speaker 2: And I was like, okay, whatever and.
Speaker 1: Went on and did some other things that were like were very like made you think, right, And I was driving home with my wife because it was out in Mount Orb did Kelly this? He had done it before, so I was like, you gotta go, you know, just just whatever for fun one time. And she's like, you gotta go through it. So she took me out there. This is like right when he got married, and some telling her. I was like, yeah, he's saying, there's this you know, you know this African American man that was standing behind me and we had friends for a short amount of time. Oh and the other thing the guy kept the sight kept saying against but he's holding the back of his head. He's holding the back of his head like something happened, like like a motorcycle accident or something.
Speaker 2: I'm like something.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking a former teammate of mine that got it. And so tell my wife this all this, and she goes, what's Chris Henry? Because I had had if you didn't know this, like like in two thousand and eight, I was out of the league. Chris Henry is on suspension, right, Chris Henry from the Bengals. And we trained together like every day for like a month, every day, and we would hang out. We'd go to Barbi Burger's and get food afterward, that sort of thing.
Speaker 2: And then that was you know.
Speaker 1: Obviously, a year later on he fell out of the back of the truck hit his head and I got the like, I mean, my hander, my arm is still standing up from from her saying that, because how would he have known that? He could have never known that, No one knew that. It wasn't like public, it wasn't anything other than so that where.
Speaker 5: I was, That's what I was going to Well, I was going to ask you, when you set the appointment, does the person go do homework on you and google set? But they wouldn't, like he wouldn't. Again, he was a fortune teller guy, so the guy wouldn't have known about you and Chris Henry. That was you guys are just working out privately. Again, there was no stories about it. There was no right and that was kind of before even you know, Facebook run. It was never it wasn't out there. There's no picture.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So that's one where I was like, Okay, there's something here somewhere. Yeah. Anyway, strange, very strange. All right with that, Let's go ahead and check some traffic and weather. How are we looking well?
Speaker 8: From the UC Health Traffic Center. The UC Health Women's Sports Medicine Program provides specialized care for female athletes at all levels. Schedule and appointment online dot you see health dot com. Two seventy five East Spound On Ramp from loved and Madeira crash on the ramp. The right lane has reopened in that area, though as the cleanup is underway. Seventy five southbound before the Western Hills Viaduct, we have an accident on the shoulder. Just reported good news on four seventy one southbound Alexandria Pike to two seventy five that crash is clear. Traffic recovering from around Grand Avenue, Glendia Molford at reading an accident with police on the scene and we have the heavier pockets of traffic on seventy five northbound Mitchell to pattick In southbound between the Viaduct and the Brench Benchberg my Rick, SHREMPDUS Grady Go seven hundred wd WELW and.
Speaker 1: Forecast tonight clear skies, another mild night low of fifty two and then tomorrow mostly sunny and pleasant. Week cold front will kind of pass through, adding some cooler air. The high tomorrow b seventy one Right now to seventy four News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 12: Is it true Tom Brennanman was the bass player in a punk band called Mash Potato.
Speaker 14: That is mostly not true.
Speaker 12: Is it true that Tom Brenneman can speak to dolphins but chooses not to because of their attitude? It sounds possible, but not true. Is it true that listening to Tom Brenhaman makes your morning better? That one is true.
Speaker 15: Please join me in the morning for the latest news, weather, traffic, sports, at a truckload more to get your day started right.
Speaker 12: Tom Brennaman Tomorrow morning at five am on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: This report is sponsored by Triple A Tyrenaudo Service. October is carcare month.
Speaker 18: Visit your local Triple A TI you're an auto service location and save forty dollars on any after.
Speaker 2: The five o'clock news. Look, if you.
Speaker 1: Know anything about Miami University, are great university there in Oxford, you know that they're known there on the sports side as being the Cradle of Coaches, Okay, meaning that some of the most famous and historic coaches ever, like pioneers of a game have gone through and been coaches at Miami, Paul Brown, Beau cham Beckler, John Harball, Woody Hayes more recently Sean McVay.
Speaker 2: Anyway, so a very.
Speaker 6: Belief.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nice, we ever have no web anyway. Anyway, we got we got some folks coming in. There's a new documentary coming out. It's called Cradle of Coaches, and we're gonna have some folks from that have are helping out with that documentary are going to join the show here at five o'clock.
Speaker 5: So that should be fun. But until then, Jace, he had something well this just I just saw this story. President Trump said, he quote raced back from Middle East, which we had a segment on that yesterday to honor conservative activist Charlie Kirk with the Presidential Medal of Honor on Charlie Kirk's birthday.
Speaker 2: It is Charlie Kirk's birthday.
Speaker 5: I did not realize say it was Charlie kirksk He would have been thirty two, thirty two or thirty three. Yeah, he should have been turning thirty two years old today. Trump said when I first met him, he was like twenty two, and I said, boy, he's awfully young. But I thought he was older than that. He was special. But instead Charlie is attaining a far more important milestone. We're entering his name forever into the eternal roster of true American heroes. So Charlie Kirk getting the Presidential Medal of Honor very cool.
Speaker 2: And it's all on TV here right now. There's a big uh there in the white in the Rose Garden. I believe that is.
Speaker 6: I.
Speaker 1: I you know, listen to him and listen to you know, the the you know, the segments and the sound bites. First of all, the guy was liking or hating.
Speaker 2: He was so sharp.
Speaker 1: I mean, he would go up there and he'd go to these colleges, by the way, which is you're talking about universities. I mean, we're talking like liberal bastions, right, there is not you can't doubt. You can't hit a conservative with a stick on most universities. And he would sit there one that one that is vocal about it, right, exactly, correct, exactly, But he would sit there in a chair, no notes, no note cards, no nothing, and just bang bang bang bang, and just you know and and no college degree. And you you better avid, avid reader read books like crazy. You better know what you're what you're talking about. And he would back it up with with fact. And part of the thing that I think hurts most liberal arguments is their their cases is based upon how they feel, how I should feel about this and emotionally, how does this Where a lot of more conservative arguments are based on facts. Here's the facts, but boom boom ba boom ba boom okay, and there's no real argument. So it's I think it's easier to to to make an argument on the conservative side of things because it's not just about who cares about how you feel, what is actually happening, what is actually going on anyway. And I guess I didn't know how I didn't understand until he passed, Until he was assassinated, rather the the impact he had amongst young people.
Speaker 2: I mean, he was like, I mean, I.
Speaker 1: Didn't realize that, but I realized it more and more after he passed, just seeing the outpouring and support and seeing how how much younger folks were tore up about it, and in folks that I know that are.
Speaker 2: Younger than me that I mean, it took it hard, right and rightfully.
Speaker 1: So so yeah, I mean he had an absolutely tremendous impact on the younger folks and really became a bastion of held. He could go on these college campuses and express his thoughts, and I think it gave people courage in those environments that to your point earlier, where there may be they felt a certain way but were closeted, they could feel a little more comfortable coming out and saying it.
Speaker 2: Well, you mentioned there, and we continue. It seems like, I mean, he's continuing to be in the news. What has it been. It's been a month, right, it's been a month.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And obviously today is in the news for receiving the Presidential Medal of Honor. But like it's almost like in death, his his legacy is greater across the country than even when you know the impact that he had. I mean, because think about like people like I'm fifty and like I you know, I didn't connect with Charlie Kirk.
Speaker 2: I didn't really know anything about him.
Speaker 5: And I was like, we certainly sad and everything you put it on the whole political assassination piece.
Speaker 2: That's not what we do.
Speaker 5: So certainly, from that part of the story, I was understanding of it. But then the story kept going and then I started really understanding. I'm like, yeah, exactly what you just said is that this guy tapped into, honestly an audience of people who you know, many many leaders of in all kinds of different walks of life and different industries and politics and business have tried have tried to connect.
Speaker 2: With that age group and have never been able to ever. Ma a guy did, and he did it on politics, and he.
Speaker 5: You think about politics and faith, and you think about all these years and you know, you know the report Publican party and the Democrat Party, Oh, we gotta get younger voters. Oh we gotta get the younger kids. You know, we gotta get you know, we gotta we gotta develop and get the next generation of voters. And like your eyes will glaze over. And especially just being in daily journalism that you hear a lot about this stuff. But it's like and then, well, this guy, this guy did it, he did it, Yeah, he did, he did connect her, He did get folks on board.
Speaker 1: And smart and being and by being a present material in a way that that got attention. And yeah, it's yeah and uh yeah, obviously yeah. Again, the President has given us speech right now live in the Rose Garden, honoring him.
Speaker 2: All right, let's uh, let's take a break.
Speaker 1: When we come back, we will be joined by the folks at Miami University talking about this new documentary on the Cradle of Coaches.
Speaker 2: That's after the News News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 12: News Traffic and Weather. News Radio seven hundred w l W, Cincinnati.
Speaker 20: The governor's hemp band is placed on hold by a judge. Is the five o'clock report. I'm Matt Reeves breaking now. Governor Mike DeWine's executive order banning intoxicating hemp is now blocked this afternoon by a judge. Placed on hold after a lawsuit was filed challenging the governor's ban.
Speaker 11: Intoxicating hemp was supposed to be banned in Ohio as of Tuesday, but that ninety day ban is now on hold after multiple businesses and groups filed suit saying that the governor's executive order is unlawful and would hurt their businesses. There is a hearing set to happen before the end of the month. Governor Dwine says intoxicating hemp is not what was intended when the state legalized hemp in twenty nineteen. Once again, this ban does not apply to the heavily regulated, legalized marijuana industry in Ohio. It does apply to THHC infused drinks and other intoxicating products sold outside of dispensaries, often in packaging made to look like well known candy brands with no state regulation. I'm Jack Crumley, News Radio seven hundred WADAS.
Speaker 20: All right, you get a look at the roads for you now your drive home on this Tuesday afternoon. We have the latest traffic and weather together.
Speaker 8: From the U SEE Health Traffic Center. You see Health Women's Sports Medicine program provides specialized care for female athletes at all levels. Schedule and appointments online you seehealth dot Com. Well, right now, traffic is sewing on seventy five southbound at the Viaductor, with the accident here taking up the left shoulder. Seventy five south Brontal Regan Highway to Norwood, lateral to ten minute drives through the roadwork. Accident down the entrance wrap. Two seventy five east bound from lovel Madeera. The right side is bogged. Police in tow on the scene. Two seventy five east bound at lovel Madea. The right lane has reopen. Traffic is still a little heavy though from mostellder Glendale, Milford Reading. It's an accident and we have southbound seventy five sewing from the viaduct to the brent Spens northbound between Mitchell and Paddick's sluggish ten minute drive on seventy one north Smith edwards to Moronald Reagan Cross County Highway. I'm brick Shrimp News Radio seven hundred doub LW.
Speaker 14: Now the latest forecast from the No Fear Dentist Weather Center. Advanced dentistry. The thought of the dentist making you a nervous wreck. We're here for you, No Fear Dentist donte.
Speaker 15: Tonight It's clear for us and a seven am temperature of fifty one. Now for Wednesday, it's mostly sunny, my high of seventy degrees at night, cooler and clear, a low down to forty seven. From your Severe Weather station, I'm nine First Warning Chief Meteorologist Steve Rawley, News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 20: Game day forecast built by American Home Tech. Your roof's first line of defense starts with US americanhome Tech dot Com for the Bengals game at pay Course Stadium on Thursday night. Thursday is going to be a Sunday day, sixty seven, mostly clear skies Thursday night dropping down to forty four. Temperature now in Cincinnati is seventy four. And this news is brought to you by Queen city Ford and Postman Law. Cincinnati Belice looking for a twenty four year old man suspected in the shooting of two teens at the City Bird restaurant on Fountain Square early last night. Those teens, aged sixteen and nineteen, did survive. Police not naming that twenty four year old suspect yet.
Speaker 3: We also arrested a juvenile that was seen discarding a firearm into a flower box outside of City Bird. We recovered that firearm and we made an arrest on that juvenile. Additionally, we arrested an individual who had warrants kpiuses on them that tried to elude the officers that were in the vicinity looking for these two subjects.
Speaker 4: So there was an additional arrest.
Speaker 20: Chief Fiji during a news conference this afternoon along with Mayor Purevall who says officers are going to be on the square from two to ten every day. The mayor says he's going to be putting forth legislation for an earlier curfew in the Fountain Square district. Of six o'clock, the White House is honoring Charlie Kirk on what would have been his thirty second birthday.
Speaker 14: Today.
Speaker 21: We're here to honor and remember a fearless warrior for liberty, beloved leader who galvanized the next generation like nobody I've ever seen before, and an American patriot.
Speaker 2: Of the deepest conviction.
Speaker 20: And President in ceremony this pans our posthumously awarding Kirk the Presidential Medal of Freedom. Conservative Activists was shot and killed while speaking at a Turning Point rally in Utah in September. Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Paul comments that the FED will likely cut its key interest rate twice more this year.
Speaker 22: It appears that inflation is continuing, is certainly is running above our target and appears to be continued to increase quite gradually, but increase its still on the way up. So there's a risk there that that would lend to greater persistence.
Speaker 20: No Poll speaking at a conference in Philadelphia, where he said there's an unusual combination of rising inflation, strong conserner spending, and a slowing of hiring on Wall Street. The Dow did gain two hundred and two points this afternoon. S and P five hundred lost ten, and Nasdaq fell one hundred and seventy two points, and at five oh six check in with the segment.
Speaker 14: Seven hundred WLW Sports.
Speaker 16: Is a Bengals update brought to you by Good Spirits and Party Town with thirteen convenient locations in northern Kentucky. Bengals on the field today getting ready for Thursday night in their AFC North battle against the Steelers. The action right here on seven hundred WLW. College Football twenty fourth ranks Cincinnati Bearcats on the road Saturday night versus Oklahoma State. Get more tonight on the Scott Saderfield Show Live for the Rige of Montgomery and at eight o'clock right here on seven hundred WLW. Baseball Game two of the Nationalague Championship Series tonight with the Dodgers up one game to night over the Brewers. Game time in Milwaukee is eight o'clock. The ALCS has a night off game three tomorrow night in Seattle with the Mariners up there two games to none. Bill Dennison seven under WLW.
Speaker 20: Sports and your next news at five point thirty Matt Reeves News Radio, seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: This report is sponsored by Land Evolution Haunted Screen Park.
Speaker 1: But from a sports perspective, Jason, it's it's a place that you wouldn't think of it off hand, but some amazing coaches football coaches have come through Miami and kind of got their start there and it's known as the Cradle of Coaches.
Speaker 2: And some fine folks from.
Speaker 1: The company called Resolve have recently done a documentary about this great thing they have at there at Miami, called the Cradle of Coaches.
Speaker 2: And join us right now in studio.
Speaker 1: We have Scott Thompson, he is the founder of Resolve, also the director of the documentary, and Jesse Harrins, she is the vice president and producer of the documentary.
Speaker 2: He guys, welcome to the program. How are you having us? Good?
Speaker 1: And I guess Scott, I'll start with you, like, how did this documentary or the idea of this documentary come to be?
Speaker 23: So we were Miami's a client of ours on the marketing side. We've done commercials for them, marketing videos, and we were on a shoot one time and one of our clients, who happens to be the niece of Er Parsigan, asked us, who leaned over and said, do you guys do documentaries? And I said well, I said, not a lot of people have have it together to do a full length documentary.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of work.
Speaker 23: And she said, well, ironically, we've been talking about this in the university and President Crawford has a tiede a Notre Dame and he's been talking to some people that did Notre Dame documentaries and we want to do this. And I said, well, I've been I had talked to coach Dick Lebo, who's who lives here and say I'm friends with him and his son. I talked about his son about doing a documentary about his dad. When he retired and it never got any further, but it was going to be a coaching documentary and it was just a great fit, you know, and Alicia was like, you you wanted to do this, where we want to do this.
Speaker 2: Let's do it.
Speaker 17: And it was I remember kicked off quickly calling Jesse.
Speaker 23: And going, hey, this might happen. I don't know if it's going to happen, but this might happen. And then it just started moving.
Speaker 2: And it's almost amazing.
Speaker 1: A documentary hasn't been done on this before, like my god, and Jesse just described some of the for the listeners, some of the great coaches that have gone through Miami.
Speaker 18: Yeah, so we're talking about the ten coaches that are outside of the stadium there at Jaeger and it's in the Cradle Plaza, and so we're talking about you mentioned Arab Prsigan, but you've got Boscham Beckler, You've got the great Paul Brown Web, you bank some that some people may not know of as Paul Dietzel he's from LSU. But then you also have the greats like John Harbaugh and even Sean McVay. And when I mentioned Sean McVay, many people are like right, he was in Miami.
Speaker 2: He went there, yeah, yeah, coach he went there. Yeah, and he coached there, right.
Speaker 18: Well, so here's the wide receiver yeah yeah, yeah. And and the thing is is people also ask like, what about what he hates? I mean, he coached there, right, why doesn't he have a statue. And it's so interesting because we have to explain the criteria. There is a very specific criteria to be a statue in the Cradle of Coaches right outside of Jager Stadium and is yeah right, So baseline is you have had.
Speaker 4: To graduate from Miami University.
Speaker 18: That is one, if you didn't graduate from Miami University, you don't get a statue. And what he did and what he didn't graduate, you would have had to have won a National championship, Coach of the Year, or NFL Super Bowl. So out of all of these ten coaches, they did at least graduate and then one of the other things.
Speaker 5: So interesting, Yeah, So when we think of Cradle of Coaches, it's those ten guys are basically that that's who's in the club.
Speaker 18: Yes, that's who have the statues. There is a broader creative coaches. I think that's where you're getting Jason yeah, so Miami, of he has this much broader Cradle of Coaches where they have inducted other coaches across from volleyball, softball, soccer. Right, But when you're thinking about the term that was coined by Bob Kurrs many years ago, and it's the Cradle of Coaches, it's about these ten statues. Those are the ten casts of characters essentially that we're talking about in this documentary.
Speaker 23: Sean Payton just got inducted to the Cradle of Coaches just up there. Yeah, so we interviewed Sean Payton about this or whatever, but he doesn't have a statue because he didn't graduate from there.
Speaker 2: You always because you think about, all right, you coached there. We didn't know and I've been there a bunch and I wasn't sure on the exact criteria. Eighty people oh the documentary.
Speaker 4: Those are the ninety.
Speaker 2: I think we still have more to go.
Speaker 23: We're going to New York and Connecticut for karm Koza, who was coach of Yale for over thirty years and he was the winning this Ivy League coach until recently. But he so we're going back to Connecticut to interview guys that are associated with Carncoza.
Speaker 4: Next week, including Chris Berman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Chris Berman from Cool Yeah, well known name. Yeah yeah, So Scott for you, like like, like, how does one embark on this? Like what's step one? Like, Okay, we're gonna do a documentary. They want us to do this.
Speaker 2: What do you do?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 23: This is your twenty six for me in this business, so i'd but I'd never done a full length documentary. So it was you know, taking a step back and go Okay, normally our videos are much shorter, they're for different purposes. How do we embark this? Can we do this all internally? Do we need to hire externally? And I just we just pulled from our bench that we have here in Cincinnati. This is a Cincinnati production.
Speaker 2: There is no doubt.
Speaker 23: I mean people are always like, well, you know, why didn't Miami go to New York or LA to get the right people.
Speaker 2: We have the right people. You guys know this, You guys just the same people. I mean, we have great talent here.
Speaker 23: So it was just outline that and saying, hey, you know what do we You know, you got to do a story arc, you gotta do plot points, you gotta do all those things. How do we get there? Are we going to do one episode or we're gonna do three episodes? What do the networks want? So we just take all those questions and you kind of just flush them out and use our internal team. We have a great internal team, and we're we're now, I mean we're deep. We're way deep into this.
Speaker 2: At this point.
Speaker 23: We haven't We're gonna We're gonna finish up these interviews. We'll probably actually do more interviews the whole way to the end of the year, and then we are then going to start the editing process and start the distribution process, the red carpet process, the premieres and all that stuff, and and that'll take it.
Speaker 2: But I'll take time.
Speaker 5: And we we we the audience have a have a hunger for these great in depth sports documentaries. I mean the thirty for thirty with ESPN I think really brought that into Did did you see I mean, you're you're a marketing guy too, so like did you see that piece of it? And that you're like this we can make something big?
Speaker 23: Absolutely and that and so when when we say President Crawford was involved in this, he had talked to the gentleman that did Catholics Versus Convicts and and and uh watched that last time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Hesper Father Hesburg.
Speaker 23: So we had you know, we had talked to that guy that then did thirty for thirties and he said he it was really great because he told Miami, he said, you want to you want to do it yourself. You don't want to sell the idea to Netflix or Hulu or ESPN because then they control the narrative. So you want to be able to control that narrative. So get a local company. You know, Look, if I was Miami and I didn't know us, I probably would have started calling people from LA and New York. But he's but this guy came in as a consultant to them and said, use somebody local that actually knows this area and knows what the impact of Ohio football is. Because there's three three storylines through this. It's it's the It's a we called the Cradle, but it really is about those ten statues. And then there's it's leadership because Miami is cultivating leaders, whether it's football or in the classroom and CEOs all around the world.
Speaker 1: And then Ohio football. Why is Ohio football so different? Birthplace of football. Absolutely, and it was in the three episodes. No, those aren't those are the three through lines that we're going through right now.
Speaker 6: We haven't.
Speaker 23: We we've talked about two episodes, we've talked about a full length. It really comes down to if we're cutting two episodes series right now or three episode series and then we sell the idea to Netflix and they say, oh, we don't want a ninety minute we recut it for them. So you know, but people are saying, the people that we've talked to executives about the networks are talking about episodic. They want episodic stuff. And we thought, well, it's not a murder thing. We don't have a hook to get them to the next episode. But what used to watch Yeah, absolutely, Netflix is the is the episode?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's the episode thing.
Speaker 18: And we've we've thought out how how could two episodes look and what is that potential hook to get you from episode one to episode two?
Speaker 2: And and and so those things have been those we've got a hook.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: Jesse Heron and Scott Thompson er I joined a crea in the studio there're the folks behind Resolve, and they were making a documentary on the cradle of coaches at Miami and Jesse.
Speaker 2: He only asks you this and again, without giving away everything. Can you give me a.
Speaker 1: Particular interview or interaction you had with someone that you can share with us that really kind of floored you or stuck out to you.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I would say that probably the two that floored me were the ones with Sean McVay and John Harball. There is nothing like being in the presence of those two people, the energy, the culture that they've cultivated. You know, when we went out to the La Rams, I will tell you this is one of my pride points as the producer, was opening the doors and getting people to agree to be interviewed for this documentary. You know, Sean McVay, when I was going through his gatekeeper, who has now become a nice friend, he basically told me we had twenty minutes with Sean McVay and that was it. And as you probably can imagine, twenty minutes is not long enough. We need ninety minutes.
Speaker 4: And his rebuttal to me.
Speaker 18: Was he's never done an interview longer than like twenty five minutes.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, right.
Speaker 18: But we got in, we got to La and we spent three days at the La Rams, and I'll tell you the culture there was so infectious. You know, I've never played for Sean McVay, but I would probably run through a brick wall for the guy just because of being in his presence. And you know, Scott and I have you know, we got to talk with him for the ninety minutes, but then we ate lunch with him, and we got to be in his presence and learn what made the Rams so special and talk with his buddies who not only did they go to Miami University together Chris Shula and Joe Kniglio, but they all now work at the Rams together. So that was probably one of my top you know moments. I think having an eleven year old son who's obsessed with all things football and sports. I think the connections, you know, being with coach Dan Dalrypple. He is also like this legendary you know headn't strength and conditioning coach that came from Miami University, you know, won at the Super Bowl with the Saints, and now is you know, in Denver with coach Peyton and invited us to come out and watch a game. So my son and I are going out in a couple of weeks, so those are kind of the perks, but it's a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: Did Scott did any of the coaches allude to the facts like why Ohio? Like why is so many important football things happen in Ohio? Anybody have any insight on it?
Speaker 23: Have great insight? And one of them actually was Mike Brown. You say coaches, but really we talked to Mike about his dad and growing up in Mascelon and growing up in that area and just said, you know, why, why was it so different? He said, look, all these guys are coming back from the war. It was everybody was just so much more rough and tumble back then, and it's just carried on. And we we have a farm system here, not others. Not many other states have a farm system like we do. For football. You know, I mean you played how many years?
Speaker 2: Did you play? Eight years in the NFL? Right, so you could have came back. Did you ever coach? I mean I coached my son's teams, but yeah, but you coached something.
Speaker 23: So in Ohio, guys that either go to the NFL or maybe not, and they kept where they come back and they coach the high school team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that doesn't happen.
Speaker 23: Yeah, And you know, we talked to Frank Smith, who's the offensive coordinator for the Dolphins. He went to He's from Wisconsin. He went to Miami. His brother went to Molar, and he was actually jealous of his brother coming to Moler's younger brother. And he said, you know, I didn't know this is a fact, but he said, in Wisconsin is only one d one football team, one football school.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 1: We have tons here, tons, And it's just so those guys well and in high school football is different here a lot of places. So we just went and again, yeah, and part of it is, I assume also is just it is kind of the birthplace of a lot of things football carried throughout.
Speaker 23: Zach Or, the defensive coordinator of the Ravens, talked to him. He's from Texas, and of course he was like, oh, Texas, guys, is so much better. And all the Ohio guys were like, you gotta be kidding me. I mean if it was yeah, if it was seventy eight degrees every day here, and I'd be.
Speaker 1: An NFL locker, and guys, oh great, the football is in Texas and California Like, well you better be because it's like beautiful all the time.
Speaker 2: Like we have to.
Speaker 1: We have to earn it in Ohio. Guys, we only got about thirty seconds. But if you could just share with us when is this coming out? If folks are interested in possibly seeing it, how's that gonna work?
Speaker 18: Yeah, so right now we are looking at fall of twenty twenty six. But currently you can go find the Cradle of Coaches Instagram channel where you'll be able to find a lot of great content right now. So that's a good place to get a lot of sneak peaks.
Speaker 2: Very good, well, Jesse Scott, really appreciate your time. Ones. I look forward to watching this myself and we'll keep our eyes peeled for it. Thank you so much. You talking with Alis. Good and check some trafficking weather. How are you looking?
Speaker 8: You See Health Traffic Center. The you See Health Women's Sports Medicine program provide specialized care for female athletes at all levels. Schedule and appointment at you see health dot com. Two seventy five. He Spaun approaching Taylor Mill. That vehicle fire takes up two lanes. We've got to lanes back to seventy five in Ohio. It's over and you can't avoid that area.
Speaker 6: You do so.
Speaker 8: Southbound seventy five Ronald Reagan Highway to Norwood Lateral about a ten minute trip here, and we're looking at heavier pockets on seventy five northbound Mitchell to Paddock. Southbound from the Viaduct to the Brent Spence Bridge in seventy one is about a seven minute drive down southbound MLK to the Brent Spence and two seventy five eleven into Lovelan, Madeira. It's up to twenty minutes. My bricks Shrimp produced Radio seven hundred double d WYLWD.
Speaker 1: In the forecast tonight, clear skies, another mild night, lower fifty two and then tomorrow mostly sunny and pleasant. Week cold front will kind of pass through, adds some cooler air. The high tomorrow be seventy one. Right now to seventy four. News Radio seven hundred wlw.
Speaker 12: Our wire and barricades have given way to handshakes and handovers as Israel n Hamas six change hostages in a transaction of trust, with diplomacy being resurrected from the rubble. Will it hold or will the conflict continue? Keep it here for the late updates on seven hundred WLW. This report is sponsored by Breaks for Less.
Speaker 1: If the paddles Grind and Metal and given you fits Breaks for Less All right is the any Rocky Show And he's out alongside Jason Williams once again. And Jason, I don't know if you've been paying attention, but gas prices are low right now Alton Harrison where I live, there are always higher out there compared to some other places. And I think it was two ninety five today, So what's going on with this? We're getting into the holidays and things are dropping. That sounds wonderful. Let's check in with our good friend Alex Stone from ABC to UH I guess find out that Alex, what is the reason why gas prices are so low right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 24: So this is something that hasn't been seen since the beginning of the pandemic. And not only gas prices going on average in the US under three dollars a gallon are about to but for it to be an extended period of time, and last December they dropped to below three dollars on average for about a week two weeks so there have been little tiny blips on the radar where it's done this, but analysts are saying this is going to go on for a while, and a stretch that we have not seen since the beginning of the pandemic, going into maybe late January early February, when prices won't come back up over three dollars a gallon. But this is mostly due, the analysts are saying, to oil prices plummeting globally. People driving less in the winter months, so demand will be down, and gasoline is all about supply and demand and the winter blends of gasoline being less expensive to make. And you put all that with the oil prices coming down and it gets really cheap at the pump, and travel is still trailing off after all that pent up demand and surge that we saw after the pandemic, that is still coming down. We've seen that with airlines is they're now having some issues as demand is going down. Doctor Patrick de Han today the lead the trolley analyst over gas Buddy and I chatted this morning and he said.
Speaker 19: Ope is certainly the significant piece of the puzzle here with lower oil prices. The seasonal factors are also continuing to play an active role. Americans simply don't drive as much as temperatures progressively get cooler into the fall months.
Speaker 24: Now, he says oil prices, the global oil prices are dropping partly because of what Pricedent Trump is doing, but not in the way that will necessarily be good for all aspects of the economy. So we'll kind of see where it goes. It's due to economic friction with China, and so there are going to be some uncertain outcomes out of that. But in the meantime that the oil prices are going down.
Speaker 19: So potentially finally President Trump's desire to see stations at a dollar ninety nine could come true in the weeks ahead. All of this as oil prices plunge below sixty dollars a barrel, some of it having to do with concerns over a potential new trade war between the US and China. Oil prices now at their lowest level since twenty twenty.
Speaker 24: One, so that uncertainty of bringing down that global oil prices, and so at the other part of this, though, is there are areas the country that are going to go even lower. At Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana already are in like the two to zer region, and they're expected to go below two dollars a gallon and then there are the other sides of things. California, where I am, the average price is at four sixty four gallon right now and probably not going to go much lower than that. That you get into states like California and Washington and Oregon a little bit Hawaii where the environmental laws are way high and the taxes are way high. So not everybody is going to see this, but the average nationwide expected in the next couple of days to go below three dollars a gallon, and then in those Gulf states more like you know, one ninety nine, one ninety a gallon, it's going to go really.
Speaker 5: Low there, Alex, and you're reporting along those same lines. Did you happen to see whether Ohio and Kentucky could get down there even under two dollars?
Speaker 24: Yeah, not to the like one ninety range most likely, but in the mid twos is a real potential. And you know, Ohio is interesting. When we watched the official government gas price figures, Ohio bounces around more than anybody else. It'll and some of it is the way they calculate the numbers, but it'll jump twenty cents a gallon every report that comes out weekly, So it's all over the board. But yeah, I mean he expects that the numbers are going to go down, but not to what Louisiana or Texas or Mississippi is going to get. But it will keep going down.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something, if gas here gets blowed two dollars a gallon, I'll be the guy at the gas station with like fifty like rubber five gallon things and I'll just be just filling all of them up storm just save.
Speaker 24: And let me just tell you it's a guy in California. If we ever got below two dollars, there would be gig flying in the sky at that point. That will never happen here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a tough go for you guys out in California.
Speaker 1: Alex's beautiful weather, but dang you, there's some things you pay for to enjoy that. How long are these Alex expected to maybe stick around? These price anything looming off next year, weather, tariff, whatever, what is it?
Speaker 24: Yeah, so late January or early February, it's all most certain thing that the prices will go back up. That is when the switch to summer blend goes on for gasoline, and that's more expensive, and that is when travel planning begins and they've got to start getting ready for the higher demand for spring break and then summertime. And then typically because of demand globally, as it begins to warm up and people are getting out and they want to drive more in suplying demand, did oil prices go up as well? So Patrick Jhan there he was saying, yeah, I have no doubt about it that into February, maybe even into March, but probably late January early February, that the prices are going to come back up and we'll be back to where they normally would be going into to spring break in summer. But at least we get a little bit of a reprieve here generally in most areas of the country, and for the next two or three months, we're pretty cheap gas prices.
Speaker 2: When you go to fill up allan I s may be the guy filling up all the five gallon things.
Speaker 24: So I'm just telling you we knew you were that guy. We've known that for a long time.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, Alex, with that, we will let you go. I really appreciate your time. Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: You gotta tak Yeah, thanks, Alex. I remember below two dollars a gallon. That's unbelievable.
Speaker 5: It's unbelievable. And I was I feel for Alex who's in Los Angeles. Like I said, I was just out there a few weeks ago for that Dodger series covering for the Inquirer. I mean, you're talking high fours and there was some places where it was five five plus, five dollars plus, and like, this is the way of life.
Speaker 2: Is normal?
Speaker 1: Yeah, my twenty year old Toyota tundra.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you know, you got a truck too, Like holy oh my god, like yea one hundred and twenty dollars to fill the thing up. Yeah, Like and that's normal.
Speaker 5: That's not in a crazy you know what about when it goes even higher, when gases really comes up, Yeah, that's the normal.
Speaker 2: Add that to the list of why I will never live in California. Fun place to visit, fun places. But I remember, I distinctly remember during coke Remember when coke when gas went down? Yeah, And I remember getting it for a story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I remember getting it for I think I got for a dollar ten or something like. It was something and I might you know, I might have had some like fuel points or something or whatever, but still yeah, filled it much. And and I remember the last time getting gas at that price was when I first started driving, Like, like unleaded gas was about ninety nine cents a gallon.
Speaker 2: Wow, And uh yeah, like, man, this could be rial. What could I do with this extra money in the budget.
Speaker 1: By the way, I add on to that, you know, I played for Midland Baseball and they would pay for a gas and so we would just pull in and you could fill your ruck up.
Speaker 2: And I remember I would I'd filled up with premium and I'm like.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, premium is a dollar ten ten cents more a gallon, and they're just gonna take They're just gonna accept this.
Speaker 2: Wow, time have changed. You might have to get my base organization. You should get on that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you should pay for all My buddy gen A p Yo here. You guys gotta get on your reimbursement, like Midland, get on that.
Speaker 2: Get on that all right? I must go and check some trafficking weather. How are we looking?
Speaker 15: All right?
Speaker 1: Back with Rocky alongside Jason Williams for just a few more minutes before Lance takes over with uh, sports talk here tonight.
Speaker 2: But Jays, you had something sports related.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's caught my eye as you and I yesterday talked about the crazy turnover in college football coaching, but already been eight in FBS, already seven seven. Yeah, so it's all it's coming coming on the NFL side. To Josina Anderson, formerly of CBS and ESPN and some other media outlets now doing freelance NFL reporting, uh said on Twitter quote she spoke to a league source who tells her they're currently expecting five NFL head coaching changes soon or just not soon, just as changes.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 5: That would include the Titans yesterday, who moved on from Brian Callahan.
Speaker 2: To quote Joe Cino.
Speaker 5: One of the said teams has a star player expressing frustration to ownership. Another team no one is really talking about right now, could be looking for a new scenery next year.
Speaker 2: We'll keep you posted.
Speaker 5: Some top personnel changes already simmering as well, in a couple of teams, minimum at one in each conference.
Speaker 2: I guess Dolphins.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, and that's all the comments on her tweet are. There's a lot of Cincinnatis and Cleveland's in there, but there's a lot of Dolphins in there.
Speaker 2: A lot of Dolphins Dolphins Cleveland, I think, and then you throw in the Titans. That's three of the five, right, But isn't there I mean, isn't there usually like five to seven a year kind of thing. So yeah, I'm honestly surprised the Dolphins guys hung on this long. I mean five minutes ago. He was the whiz kid. Oh my god, and they had to remember that.
Speaker 5: I mean he had two of over over the weekend after they lost. In his press conference, basically saying star star receivers aren't showing up the team, team, team meeting.
Speaker 2: That's the thing.
Speaker 1: Like everyone tries this like New Age relax, Let's let the players kind of be the coaches.
Speaker 2: And let them doesn't work. It doesn't work.
Speaker 1: You know what works discipline and accountability, accountability and and in a hard mindset.
Speaker 5: Mike very form one up in New England. Yeah, Dan Campbell, bo, I mean, Mike Vrabel, tough guy, Brian Callahan softy.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Look, I mean, you know, I hate to say it. I think he's certainly a good guy, and I think he's a good offensive mine.
Speaker 1: But I remember everyone always usuld get on when I was playing on Tom Coughlin.
Speaker 2: But like everywhere that guy went. He he he won. He wasn't remember you know what?
Speaker 5: He was close to getting the Bengals job. Yes he was, there's I remember the reporting on it. Yeah, he was in serious I believe it is. When they hired Marvin.
Speaker 2: I wonder how things would have would be different if that would have happened. It would have been interesting interesting. Yes, all right, with that, our time has come to a close.
Speaker 1: Jason, thanks for doing the show today, Thanks to everyone for listening, Thanks to Austin for producing.
Speaker 2: And now it is time for Who Day Today.