Speaker 1: All right, eight o'clock hours officially.
Speaker 2: Here Doctor Morning Show, and uh you get in sports again momentarily. Hey Mark Dad, some people asking me this weekend, yes, because they heard your big news, you know, about the twins and such like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, which is again exciting. Graduation.
Speaker 3: Cha.
Speaker 2: I didn't get to say that too you on the air because I was graduation. Would your involvement with the Timberwolves continue?
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, I hope.
Speaker 5: So I assume so things are so influx with the Timberwolves because.
Speaker 1: I don't even a gym spot.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: It's just I want you to know that people are they love you. Man.
Speaker 2: I was standing in the airport talking to somebody I did not know who was not going the same place I was going, and they were asking me about that.
Speaker 4: Oh really, Oh that's really sweet.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: My my plan would be to continue with the Timberwolves. Yeah, and just kind of shift from the links back to the twins.
Speaker 1: So that's it, okay, cool? Thanks? Yeah, yeah for sure, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: I just like to keep working.
Speaker 5: It would be the goal for a little bit that makes one goal and then just like floating a pool for the.
Speaker 3: Your pool or somebody else's pool. I mean you have one.
Speaker 4: It's only like two months until face down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just saying, just be careful.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know, here's your bathroom, the outdoor one.
Speaker 1: That's what mean.
Speaker 4: Yeah, don't come in.
Speaker 1: It's one of the great regrets of my whole summer. Last summers, I didn't break that thing in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the compost totally.
Speaker 4: You're sitting right there.
Speaker 1: No, I know, I said there for a long time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you brought the star Wars.
Speaker 2: I did you remember an open bag I bought?
Speaker 3: Cute?
Speaker 1: It was the cutest thank you.
Speaker 5: Totally random and off off topic question for you hawk yes or just observance, and and for the room as well, because I was in a hotel this weekend in Milwaukee.
Speaker 4: Club volleyball tournament, super romantic. I did. Yeah, we hung out for a little bit.
Speaker 3: Sweet.
Speaker 4: Yeah you use the trip.
Speaker 1: Just freaked me out.
Speaker 5: Hotel rooms do not have clocks anymore for the most part, because nobody needs an alarm clock because they're all on our phones. Did your did your hotel room in Montreal have a clock?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Oh you did?
Speaker 1: Did? And and I'm glad because I like to have the backup.
Speaker 4: Oh you actually set I do.
Speaker 1: I always do.
Speaker 3: I don't think I've ever done that. That's interesting. I don't think I've ever once set an alarm in a hotel.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I even on.
Speaker 3: The wake right hotel wake up called back in the day. Yes, in the last twenty plus years, has always been the phone close to twenty.
Speaker 5: Not only do I set it on my phone, I will set three or four one minute after the other.
Speaker 6: Yeah, me too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Okay, So the last few hotel rooms I've stayed in don't have a clock, and then I so then I have an app on my phone that is that is a clock, But then I have to use my phone and prop it up and then if I get a text, then it buzzes like in the middle of the night, and then I got to go back to my phone, and just I just thought, what a weird observance that a lot of hotels no longer have a clock because of the lack of.
Speaker 4: Need for an alarm.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm here, I'm glad we're talking about this because I had to. It's been really had two observances. So we stayed in a little town called Magog, which I have a funny joke. I'll tell you guys, about off the air boo, and then I had to fly out yesterday and the traffic and Montreal is kind of heavy. So I decided I would roll on into Montreal after the races on Sunday night and spend the night at the hotel that is actually at the airport. Like you walk like we have here, we walk across and.
Speaker 4: Acted too a gate even probably.
Speaker 2: I will even it was a little spindyer, I will do that forever if I can. Being at the airport yesterday morning and not having to go to the airport yesterday morning made my.
Speaker 1: Sleep so good the night before.
Speaker 2: The only negative the entire place was there's a giant bottle of water sitting there and I couldn't read it because it was in French and I wasn't sure if it was free or three hundred thousand dollars, so I never drank it, which I'm regretting at this moment because it looked like a delicious bottle of water. But staying at the airport hotel was awesome. I came out of the hotel elevator, walked down the steps and was standing right there where you check your luggage.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 4: Have you guys ever done that one time, and.
Speaker 5: The exit of the hotel was the security.
Speaker 4: Line for the airport. I blew me away. I'm it was awesome.
Speaker 1: I can't even tell you.
Speaker 2: I never sleep good the night before I fly because I'm worried I'm not going to get there on time.
Speaker 1: I'm ocd. Being at the airport wonderful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yep. Did you hear any of the planes?
Speaker 2: I did not, And I wondered if I would. And I looked my window looked right out at the tarmac, and I thought I might hear them.
Speaker 1: I did not. The windows must be extra extra thick.
Speaker 3: They must put some soundproofing.
Speaker 2: Soundof so you go, okay, I highly recommend that. And we have one here called the inter Continental or right, yeah.
Speaker 3: The content that's the Christopher Walking. How did you? How do you survive an entire weekend without Wi Fi?
Speaker 4: Without Wi Fi?
Speaker 3: You're in Milwaukee and they don't have alarm clocks and no Wi Fi?
Speaker 1: Then, yeah, they invented the alarm clock. Did they're still watches?
Speaker 3: They have a grandfather clock in the lobby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's actually a grandfather just.
Speaker 3: And he's been drinking lney since noon, so he doesn't know.
Speaker 1: What time do you care?
Speaker 6: What time it is?
Speaker 3: Get out of here. Get out of here. He wants to fight you, so related to you? No, no sports update. Well maybe this could kind of count as fan five. Our ladies are in trouble here in the fifth O. No, some work to do here. Denmark is yeah, but Denmark has three and they have a good blocker out there, so they it's uh, it's gonna get dicey here the USA. He's got to find a way out of this. We're up three two fifth and come on, Corey, this is uh you're talking or I wish.
Speaker 1: I could turn the sound up. It's just ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Sue the hell out of us.
Speaker 1: I know hard.
Speaker 3: This has got to be a good shot. Oh no, it was not ideal. That was hideous.
Speaker 1: What happened? Talk to me because I can't see the locker but there's still.
Speaker 4: Three but there's still three red ones and I.
Speaker 3: Think they're going for it. Wasn't good, So, yeah, this could be. This could be a bad end for us.
Speaker 7: We'll see, right, we have the hammer those that's yeah. That and as long as we can find the button.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well hey listenep looking brother.
Speaker 3: Yeah, listen to the books. Eight years ago, when we first started talking curling, we knew one percent of the sport. Now I feel like we know ten percent. Right, there's a little bit we weren't in the right direction kind of know what we're talking about. I play shuffle board. It's close. It's similar to this. I mean not really.
Speaker 1: I've not really shuffle board before.
Speaker 2: The NFL franchise tag window opens today runs through March third. Didn't know that each team can pick one player who was set to become an unrestricted free agent and keep them.
Speaker 1: On the roster for next season.
Speaker 2: It costs quite a bit, though, a number based on the top five annual salaries at each position.
Speaker 3: There is no rumors right now surrounding the Vikings, right, no, no, No one's expected to get tagged.
Speaker 1: Only to last year t Higgins and Trey Smith of the of the Chiefs.
Speaker 8: And everybody expects the Seahawks to not tag Kenneth Walker so he will maybe be a free agent.
Speaker 1: See the running back, Yeah, yeah, by that guy was great. Yeh man was he good?
Speaker 3: He is good.
Speaker 1: He was the reason they won the Super Bowl, one of them. Anyway, it was great. Couldn't stop m v p M. It's fat Tuesday.
Speaker 3: Hi, Rose, what happens on fat Tuesday? This is the data go nuts and gluttonous, try and walk Thursday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well the start of tomorrow's the start of lens right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so what's your favorite sin? What's the eating one? Glutton me that one?
Speaker 1: Yeah, mm hmm, that's number two for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, lust m. But I like eating, you really do. I do. Let's good, which is fine. That's why I am. Yeah, be you man.
Speaker 2: If I ever find a stink, if I ever find a house of ill repent, it's also a buffet, I may never go home.
Speaker 6: So are you talking about like a lady house?
Speaker 3: I think that that hotel at the airport had a casino and a whorehouse attached, and an old country buffet lived there. Terrible. Yeah, this, this end is falling apart. What happens? We each have one shot to go, but we're in big trouble there. I mean, this is looking like a three for for Denmark. Here, we'll see it's over. Yeah, and whatever, it's a bad end topic Conan gets it is tired of curly.
Speaker 7: That Tuesday Tuesday, they got a great couple of great spots in Vegas like America.
Speaker 1: Here was there one at the All America.
Speaker 3: Are yeah, yeah, yeah, speaking of Vegas, well let's let me come on, lease have your attention. Wait, I've just been handed an.
Speaker 4: Urgent and horrifying news story.
Speaker 3: What I eat all of you to stop what you're doing. Listen the hot rumors and this comes from the drummer. Yes, oh yeah, says it. In twenty twenty seven, we could expect a new album and a potential residency at the Sphere.
Speaker 2: For Tool, which makes the most sense of any band I've ever heard in.
Speaker 3: My gosh, oh boy, take all of my money. I will be there. We have to go.
Speaker 1: It's not a band that would be more perfect.
Speaker 3: There yeah, rip to music. So this is on the button bar. The only thing I want in twenty twenty seven is that giant ball and some Tool, right, I mean, come on, yeah, you nailed it. You imagine what the visuals for Tool would be.
Speaker 2: Plus they don't they don't move around the stage, and it stands on a perfect behind.
Speaker 8: The drummer hides because no one is really going to be focused.
Speaker 3: On the band, because no, he doesn't care. He sits in the dark anyway, right man, I mean take my all my money? Oh yeah, yeah, just second. That's by the way, this makes a ton of sense when you hear but the article I read about the tool rumors and the drummer basically saying that, yeah, we've been in talks with the Sphere. It looks like twenty twenty sevens possible. We're trying to figure it out. He said, how hell like, it's an immense like program and process to get that thing up and running, and it's expensive. He said, you have to do a whole bunch of shows just to start making money because it costs so much to get that production, which makes a ton of sense. Think of all the graphics, the visuals. It's apparently not a cheap show to pull off. So the band doesn't even make money until they That's why they have to do a residency. It's why I can't play one show with the Sphere. That makes sense. So it sounds like Metallica right is next year likely? I don't know if it's finalized, but next year's likely for Metallica, which like, oh wow, what an unbelievable steal that was. How did they pull that off?
Speaker 1: What just happened to me? Tell me? I don't scored a.
Speaker 3: Point, So somehow dropped like an unbelievable shot. So instead of Denmark getting three, the US cowan, how does she pull that off? Man? I guess that's the why they call it currently. How do you get to turn like that? Man?
Speaker 6: A shot?
Speaker 3: So? What a tool? Are we all in for? A tool? Marty? You want to go see a tool in the sphere? Right? No, she just wants to see it in the hotel room. Okay, Oh my god, man, okay.
Speaker 1: Buddy, to go there.
Speaker 3: You don't know where the line is. You don't know where the line is, Okay, but I don't get it. I don't get it.
Speaker 1: Okay, buddy, heavens right, it's okay, buddy, relaxed.
Speaker 3: As soon as you started talking about the idea of the tool at the Sphere, it makes so much sense. Right, But when when the Sphere first launched, I'm like, man, none of the bands that I like are big enough. I don't know how this is going to work. Why did I not think of tool as an obvious option? Of course they're bring enough. They're gigantic. Man. Yes, yes, it's gonna sell out like crazy. I'm he's gonna go and he's gonna be very disappointed. Would you guys, would you guys pay for you too? Wasn't it like four or five hundred bucks? And we were worth every penny, worth every penny completely.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I was stone cold, sober and it was outstanding. It was one of the coolest experiences ever.
Speaker 3: And it's this.
Speaker 8: They do the same bit over and over again. That was the set list they played. It was fan tasting.
Speaker 3: That's my only concern about Tool and I don't think that's the biggest problem. But I don't need the deep cuts. Just play the hits. Each song is like eight minutes long. Play like the ten songs we all want to hits. Call it a day, and you can take all my money.
Speaker 7: But that's why the other part of this announced this announcement here the new album, the new album that's you gotta Yeah.
Speaker 3: But even like Fear and Oculum, which is now like seven years old, had like two good songs. That's fine, we only need like two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, they're only going to play three songs.
Speaker 3: Exactly on time, songs an hour and a half. We have to go. I'm going for sure. Yeah, they ever do medleys, I don't know. I've only seen I think I've seen him through three times.
Speaker 8: It'll be too even when they're here and they don't have the same capacity as the spirit. It's it's an outstanding visual thing.
Speaker 3: Yep. Yeah, what a home run. Yeah, he'll be sweet. Forty four days, he'll be there.
Speaker 1: It's a long time.
Speaker 3: You're gonna You're gonna go to the entire residency. Wow, you're going in forty four days. Yeah. I booked two flights yesterday, two one way flights, and it made my whole year. I can't I can't wait. Let's go one way, one way.
Speaker 8: He's living there.
Speaker 1: Now, Yeah, he just he's gonna he's giving up.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm leaving on a jet plane. Don't know when I'll be back again. Probably a couple of days later. Yeah, probably, you son of a bitch. No, I'm rooting for it.
Speaker 1: It sounds like it.
Speaker 7: Probably I'm gonna be I'm gonna wear I'm gonna bring Corey T shirts down there.
Speaker 3: We're technically going to be there at the same time. That's cute. It's gonna hang out. I'm there for business, both going for we got time. No one of us is. We have a lot of data this tool. I'll go for two next year. He might be going for Tool this year. He really is special, your special Beckery. He's not perfect. We can hold hands on the fourth of July Paris. That doesn't happen, Yes, PJ, we could. He's in the hotline. This has got to be Tommy. He wanted to go to TOOL next year. What if it is, Yeah, I mean it could be Hawk special guest, but it also could just be Tommy going I'll go see Bonus. Oh yeah, hi, John Bonus.
Speaker 9: How are we doing?
Speaker 1: Hi?
Speaker 3: Hey, Oh, We're just concerned about our guy, Pablo Lopez. What's the update? I know he got it. Did he get an MRI yesterday or is he getting one today?
Speaker 9: I thought he was getting an MRI last night. I am not at the ballpark and I did a run this morning, so I haven't heard what the latest update is on him.
Speaker 3: Get those steps.
Speaker 9: I will say this, the vibe wasn't one of a lot. I mean, it's a serious concern because it's an elbow injury and it's our ace, right, but it sounded like, you know, it wasn't even totally sure he was going to not try to pitch through it at the time, like they were kind of like, well, you know, there's no reason to push this. It's only it's only February sixteenth or whatever, So you know that doesn't necessarily mean anything. I mean, you still could be a serious envy. He just didn't really feel it that much. But you know, it was just a there wasn't a tremendous amount of concern, uh expressed as it happened.
Speaker 1: So okay, good news.
Speaker 3: That sounds good.
Speaker 9: Well we'll see. I mean, I'm I'm not at the ballpark this morning, so you know, if you I would say, you know, stay tuned for breaking updates from all the beat writers who are there.
Speaker 1: So how how long did you run?
Speaker 9: Three miles?
Speaker 1: That's awesome?
Speaker 2: Men?
Speaker 1: Did you run on the beach?
Speaker 9: No, we did not run on the beach. We're downtown not uh not on the beach. It's too expensive for bonus consulting to be on the beach. Downtown is also one of fun too.
Speaker 3: So see any gators renning the parks? No gators on the run.
Speaker 9: No gators on the run yet, no giants there. We will try to try and find some gators probably one time. There's a there's a reserve here called the slough, the six miles sleugh and uh, you can see alligators if you go along those trails, swamps.
Speaker 2: There muscles got the swampers. Uh, tell me one national or not? Tell me one highlight that is not baseball related from a trip so far.
Speaker 9: Oh, let's see. Well, I mean, the one that's coming up Saturday night is the Fort Myers Edison Edison Lights Parade. Once a year they have their big their big event is is a huge parade in downtown Fort Myers. And there's a slice of Americana that lots of high school bands, but it makes you think it's like a nineteen you know, seventies and nineteen eighties parade. Lots of high school bands and lots of you know, TV stations with floats, and then lots of.
Speaker 8: Lots of.
Speaker 9: Police departs was showing off their latest military hardware, helicopters and everything else. So we'll do a five k just before that, and then we will sit down with a beer and watch that go past us through downtown Port Myers.
Speaker 1: Well, that sounds lovely.
Speaker 3: Not a bad gig, John, not a bad gig.
Speaker 9: I also just mentioned the sunset last night was fantastic. We did make it to the beach last night, sat along and had a couple of beers and watched the start and go down with over the self of America.
Speaker 1: Yeah you did. Enjoyed that, enjoyed keep us up today, brothers. Thank you for calling in.
Speaker 9: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 1: There you go the football it is so, he goes. Our special guest is I thought he just said cerebral palsy.
Speaker 3: Same. What did he say at the end there? Does anybody have any idea what he just said? I thought he said, you have cerebral palsy. I'm like, what, man, this connection is not good.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure why he would say that.
Speaker 3: I don't think that he did. I just don't know what he said. Hard to tell.
Speaker 2: Well, all right, our special guest is here, yep, so we'll bring him in for the next segment.
Speaker 3: Let's go to break, all right, Power Trip Morning Show after this on the fan.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry about that. I was jamming out.
Speaker 3: I'm a little surprised saust just didn't swear during the break.
Speaker 1: To think about.
Speaker 2: I'm glad that that that was done off the air, because you're right. I think you might have cursed him, but he did not. Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome to the show. Dave simonad Long time.
Speaker 6: The hell are you? I'm great man, good to see you. Yeah you too, thanks for having me over.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you came burying gifts for Sauce and he just made his day. I think, dude, this is the sweetest thing ever. I really appreciated that Sauce.
Speaker 8: What is it he got me a the set list that they had Dave and Tim Reynolds on stage, The set list they had on the stage and then picked from Dave and a pick from Tim Reynolds.
Speaker 3: Can I see that set list for a second? Can I? Can I see it? I'm not going to rip it up. I'm not an a hole.
Speaker 1: But which show is that?
Speaker 8: From the one when they played in with trample by Turtles in Mexico.
Speaker 1: That's when I played.
Speaker 6: We played there festival, dude outside cant coon.
Speaker 3: Please tell me he's great?
Speaker 6: Great? Yeah, yeah, he was the coolest we He asked us to sit in with him and play a couple of Grateful Dead songs. Was pretty fun. Yeah, and uh so we had a little rehearsal with him, uh that earlier in the day, and he was just like the most humble, cool guy. Yeah yeah, really kind of self depreciating and funny.
Speaker 3: That's sweet.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's it's great.
Speaker 3: That's awesome.
Speaker 2: Man, you're you guys are and I this seems weird to say because you were already huge, but you guys are blowing up more and more and more. It just it keeps growing and growing, doesn't it.
Speaker 6: Well, maybe it's more of like a slow bird. Yeah, we are twenty five years old. Now that's a man, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but you know what I'm saying. I mean it's fun to watch. Like, I think that throughout the industry, it seems like you guys are are garnering more and more success.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I don't know. I think that our you know, we're all we're kind of self employed, right, so we've always just owned our own label and all that stuff. So we've been working really hard to try to find new little kind of pockets in the music business to fit into and stuff. And it's it's it's always a fun challenge, you know, Chris, It's it's wild West out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now, especially who was it on the show?
Speaker 6: Reason?
Speaker 3: Was it Parker Fox? Who was it that? I couldn't believe that we knew Dave? Was it Parker Mark Giant?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: We thought we were messing with him. Yeah, so he's probably super bummed that you're here and he's in Italy watching his fiance play hockey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's okay, probably, but yeah.
Speaker 3: He's when he was not.
Speaker 6: If I meet him, I will pretend like I've never met any of you before.
Speaker 2: That's a fan that so so even today though, like when when you get asked to go play with Dave Matthews and then you meet him and he likes you, and then he asked you to be on stage, are you still.
Speaker 1: Like are you serious?
Speaker 6: Oh? Absolutely? It's all just dumb. Yeah, especially like somebody like that who was was kind of all you know, everywhere when I was a kid. It's it seems just like, you know, like fake, like what what do you what do we get to do today?
Speaker 8: I saw a video that I think either you guys posted or Dave matthews band Twitter account posted of you guys practicing Friend of the Devil. I think it was how many do you just practice it once and then go all right?
Speaker 6: Pretty much? And that's kind of always been our style is a little bit loose, and he was thankfully the same way. Yeah, I mean, you know, it's a it. We're at the beach, and it was two in the afternoon or whatever, and the show was that night. So you have to kind of accept a bit of of like a wide range of acceptability as far as music goes when it's like that. But it's it's it's the beauty. I don't know. I love playing music with people, especially when they're laid back.
Speaker 3: It's what's the name of that song, it's it's a Casey Jones that.
Speaker 6: You played two of them, Friend of the Devil and Casey Jones.
Speaker 3: Friend of the Devil. We don't, let's reenact it. You'd be Dave Simonette will be Dave Matthews and we'll reenact what that sounds like.
Speaker 1: Okay, believable.
Speaker 6: Hi Dave, I'm Dave.
Speaker 2: No, he's never gonna let a Dave back on stage.
Speaker 1: He always says that to you.
Speaker 3: It just got a little more sauce, just a little bit of were one only. But when you do hike it up a little bit, I will show off what you got to Dave over there. That Dave not the other day.
Speaker 1: It's been a long time since you've been on, so you.
Speaker 6: Guys haven't changed it.
Speaker 2: Up.
Speaker 1: It's working, you know.
Speaker 2: It's oh boy, I've been compiling a long list of questions for you, because it's been a long time I've seen you. Okay, I'm The songs that you did on not this last album, but the album before that with Leanne Reims are completely beautiful, Thank you, And I loved the songs without her, And then I heard the song with her and it knocked me out. How did that happen? And when she's singing? Is it easy for her?
Speaker 1: If you know what I.
Speaker 6: Mean, well, yes, she's an incredible singer. That's that's I don't think that's up for debate really, but it came about, I don't know, we were looking for another voice on the record and we were just kind of trying to scour just people we knew, people we'd heard of, and are It's it's kind of like, I guess, maybe not as exciting of a story as it could be, but it was just our distribution company had reached picked up LeAnn Rhyme's catalog and her name came up, and like in a meeting that I was in, and uh, it was like, let's ask lea Ane like I mean she you know, growing up, I just remember that being one of the strongest voices i'd ever heard, you know, I didn't. We don't know or have any kind of personal connection, but just kind of blindly reached out, and uh, I was surprised. She said, yeah, just send over some music so I can figure it out, like figure out a part and then the rest. I don't know. It's just on the record, I guess, but it's that was quite an honor.
Speaker 1: It said, were you in the room when she recorded her.
Speaker 6: I didn't get to do that now, Yeah, but she was really really open and and friendly about like working up her harmony part. So we did get to do a little collaboration there, and then you know, I I don't have a lot of suggestions for a singer like Leanne Rhymes. I mean my feedback was like, that's great.
Speaker 2: She's been through so much, like you kind of forget how great she is. I mean, that's the reason she became huge early is because her voice is otherworldly.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's she's had quite a you know, a like fantastic and diverse career. Yeah, but it was really it was really cool, and it was that was another thing like kind of like what I was saying earlier about it just seemed like fake, you know, like what Leanne Rymes is gonna sing on her? Sure? What the hell you know? And then so I don't know. I thought she just knocked it out of the park. And she was a real just like we were talking about Dave Matthews or whatever, just a real humble and and warm person to work with. And I you know, there's the old adage don't meet your heroes or whatever. You think like you might not want to get too much behind the scenes with people with that amount of fame. But at least in those two cases, they were both wonderful.
Speaker 3: That's sweet.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I like to report that to everybody. Yeah, yeah, that's good for sure.
Speaker 2: Maybe of the song I'm talking about, but but there's two of them. But the one I'm specifically talking about is called out of Time, which is a great song.
Speaker 1: By the way.
Speaker 2: The only thing I know for sure is we all run out of Time. That's just a great tune, man, Thank you, Chris, great.
Speaker 4: Song, David. How how often does Turtles may I just call you?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, we're there, it's fine.
Speaker 5: How often does Turtles work on new music? And how do you know when it's time to work on new music?
Speaker 4: Collectively?
Speaker 5: Because you all, I would assume come together, go off and do your own things come together.
Speaker 4: How do you know when it's time to do new music?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, good question. I don't know. It just feels right. We're working on it now, and I'm working on a batch of songs, and we're gonna go and hopefully go into the studio this year, and and you know, it's it's I hate to make concrete plans in that area because first of all, it takes me a long time to write an album's worth of music. So I kind of say, like, I'm feeling like doing that now, and so I'll start writing and then we kind of loosely plan a year around that. If I'm successful at writing ten twelve, you know, songs that we all like, we could probably go to the studio this month and then try to try to keep it very you know, non concrete, just to keep the I don't know, I feel like creativity for me, when I start putting too many hard walls around it, it kind of dies. So so I don't know as far as like, how do I know when I don't know, yeah, stars or something. Yeah, maybe I just feel bored with what we've been playing or something, and we need new songs. It's not as simple as that.
Speaker 4: And does nobody else write not?
Speaker 6: Not really. I guess a couple of guys write some instrumental stuff which we have recorded and had on albums. But as far as most of the song writing is mine.
Speaker 3: Straight cash HOMEI make that money.
Speaker 6: I don't know what you know about the music business correctly if I'm wrong, though, Dave, it's it seems like, at least on most of the songs I know, all the artists are credited as writers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, split that I do. Yeah, Wow, Yeah, that's big man.
Speaker 6: Early on in our career, you know, we had to figure all that stuff out as far as you know that it's a band, but it's also all of our livings, so we had to make it a you know, legal h And we were thinking about that, and there were some other bands that I was looking as far as songwriting goes, and I thought that the model where everybody in the you know, I guess the short answer is most of the people would never hear these songs without that band. In my mind, and so I thought it's only fair to carve them in, you know, fair.
Speaker 3: I have a two part tool question. Since we were just talking about Tool right before you get.
Speaker 6: Listening on the way in. So I'd like to go to that Spear show with you guys.
Speaker 3: Well, so that's that. That's what I we're gonna ask you about this fear. That was part two because you know, Tool is a band. One of their nickname is your favorite band's favorite band. Yeah, I'm sure you've heard that, and your music is nothing like Tool, right, but my guess is you have a lot of respect for what they do exactly. So number one, I wanted to know if you were a Tool fan, And then number two, not just as a fan going to the Sphere, but like when you see a venue like that and you your vibe, that kind of Americana trampled vibe. Does that play in a place like the Sphere or does music play anywhere?
Speaker 6: I like to think it plays anywhere, but I don't. I mean, I honestly don't know. I think that that still is so new that there's still like throwing darts at it. See what works, you know what I mean? I think, like what you said, I think Tool is going to be really crazy cool there. I think they Grateful Dead were great there, probably because that fits their vibe. But I don't know if I mean, we wouldn't say no, I don't think we could justify a residency at the sphere. But if there was some kind of bill that we would be on, I'd love to see it from the inside, you know, like you said. Though I heard what you said on the air about the production, we do know a little bit about that, and it is insanely expensive. So it has to be a band that can sell tickets for like a month, you know.
Speaker 3: And once you do a tool cover, you're looking for new music. You did that awesome radio Head cover that was a ten out of ten.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that would be fun to figure out a tool song, you know, speaking of that has my pay grade really has.
Speaker 1: Has a band, whether a big time band or a small time band, ever covered one of your songs in a way that maybe you didn't expect that you liked.
Speaker 6: Good question. Yeah, yeah, it's it's I feel like I'm stacking the deck a little on the answer there, because we did. We did a contest for that a couple of years ago where we asked people to cover one of our songs and send a video or just post on Instagram or whatever, and then the winner of that or you know, the person, the one that we like the best, got to come. They come and played that song with us at Red Rocks. They did we did their version of it, oh with them singing it or whatever. So I actually got a whole lot of that in a short amount of time. And it was really amazing and humbling, you know, to see all these people play a song that I wrote or whatever, but it was they picked whatever song they wanted. It was really cool, almost embarrassing cool.
Speaker 3: I don't even know how you wrap your head around the fact if if you're their favorite band, they're singing one of their favorite songs with their favorite band on arguably the greatest venue in the.
Speaker 6: Amazing job too. It was so cool. And she's you know, young and just kind of starting out in her music career, which is what she wants, and it was great and she was like I was way more nervous than she, you know, I don't know, I've always impressed by It's it's an interesting experience having somebody play my song, and it's it's always very flattering and it's I'm always like surprised that somebody even knows enough to do that, you know, But yeah, it's it's it's it's incredible.
Speaker 3: You on the Red Rocks calendar again this summer.
Speaker 6: No, we're still on a little hiatus from uh from that, which is good. We did it ten years in a row or something, and we wanted to try to you know how it is when you play, like if we play a show there, that's a really big van, that's the biggest venue for us. That's you know, a lot of bands will play that as like a smaller place to play because it's cool, but for us that's the biggest thing. And so when we do that, we can't really play in that area anywhere else. Yeah, And so we wanted a couple of years to go explore other places in Colorado that we haven't been for a while, and and some some other stuff like that in the neighborhood, which has been really fun. This year. We're we have some I just realized it's not announced it, but a couple of other Colorado things that we're going to do which we wouldn't be able to do. Hopefully, you know, in the next couple of years we'll get back over there though, because it's the coolest. Hey, Dave, question for you, where's Zach voice comes?
Speaker 3: I'm in Minnetonka.
Speaker 7: No you you opened, you guys open for Zach Bryan on that big tour, And I want to ask about the stage setup that they had there, being in the round like that, what was it like being basically surrounded by people and what was that experience like not having the the I guess safety net of a stage behind you.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, that that. We have a couple more shows coming up with Zach this year too. That like witnessing that. Especially that tour we were on was this first arena tour, and I mean we might as well have been opening for the Beatles, you know what I mean. I've never seen a crowd like that before. Like I remember in Oh Man, I wish I could remember what city was in, but one of these arenas looking over well while he was playing, not while we were playing, and seeing this like six foot five like grown man cowboy just just yeah, just sobbing because like tears streaming down his face. And I was like, man, I've never I've never seen passion like that. It was yeah, really cool experience. Thankfully, we were mostly pretty well received, you know, at that it's something like that everybody just wants to they've never seen Zach before you know. That was the first one as far as the stage goes. For us as the opening band, we were on one of the wings, so we didn't really fully take advantage of the round, but it was I would say that I thought it was a really great production it. I mean I could have I don't know if we might as well been standing on a pyramid up there.
Speaker 3: Matter.
Speaker 6: You know, we played early in forty five minutes opening gig, but I will that's another another person and crew of people, Like the whole crew of that toured was acted pretty much most of them still do. Were some of the most welcoming and great people that we've worked with. Absolutely, what was Far Made like Farm Made was great. Yeah, I mean my kids thought it was too long, but such a cool experience. But I don't know, any time you get to see like that, that bill of people, I might be the only time you get to see that bill of people.
Speaker 2: You know, anybody, in particular our group of people that you met. Again, we're talking to Dave some of that to Trample by Turtles and dead Man.
Speaker 6: That's actually where I met Dave Matthews. Yeah, he was standing on the side of the stage while we played and and came off and and and met him there. But yeah, I got I got to say how to Neil Young for like one second, which was really real highlight. Yeah, but we had just done a tour with Willie Nelson and Bob Dylan that summer up until then, so we we had and I have I met Willie because we we've toured with him a little bit. Actually I never nobody met Bob. That's that's a whole different story probably, But I met a lot of their crew, and that's a lot of times, I don't know, man on tours like that, a lot of times we end up hanging out with everybody else's crew. I think that that's maybe more our vibe, you know, like hanging out in the parking, not with the text and the stage hands.
Speaker 8: So did Dave see you guys at farm Hand and was like, you guys should come on tour with us.
Speaker 6: Know, we had we had booked the Mexico show already, but that's when he'd pretty much had asked us to play with him. That was there, Yeah, Yeah, it was. It was a really cool experience and a cause in which I believe, you know, So it was it was an honor to kind of to raise awareness and money for their mission, and also just to as a concert goer, just to kick back and watch a bunch of legends play songs all day. It's very cool.
Speaker 3: So is the Dylan story not arable or is it not?
Speaker 6: I mean, it's nothing new. I don't think with him, he's just a very private person, you know. Uh so he you know, he he's kind of like walks, walks through the venue on his way to the stage, plays the show, walks back out kind of thing. And you know, I never fault anybody for that kind of He was never rude or meet, you know, disrespectful to anybody. That's just how he's comfortable and getting on stage even after as long as he's done it, everybody's got their own routine. And so I always think like, yeah, whatever whatever makes it makes your anxiety relax to get up there, that's.
Speaker 2: What you got to do when you're writing like you are right now. Can you listen to other people's music or do you have to stay away?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 6: I do? I mean I always do.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 6: It's I don't know if anybody's innocent of theft and songwriting, you know what I mean? And I think most of it is unconscious and you just absorb everything you hear all the time, and it made me. I like to think it kind of distills in your brain and comes back out something a little bit different. I Yeah, there's sometimes when somebody is too good, Like I think, maybe I try not to be competitive in music, but I think sometimes I can't help it. Like sometimes I'll hear, for instance, there's this band Big Thief. Maybe you guys know that band. Their songwriter, Adrian Linker, to me, is one of the most interesting songwriters of our time right now, and so I'm not listening to any of them at the moment because I'll hear a song like that she wrote and I'll just want to retire. She said it art. But for me, my main challenge is trying to come up with a chord progression or a melody or you know, a phrase that I haven't already haven't done before. Yeah, And like I was saying to my wife yesterday because I was writing and I was really frustrated, and I told her, I think I'm out of words, like I used them all all the words that I know. So I try to, especially in times like this, I do a lot of writing exercises, and I reach out and try to find other writers that have published advice or you know, your brain can keep moving, so it's trying to find new ways to unlock that stuff.
Speaker 1: Can you use alternate tunings or is it hard to do a little bit?
Speaker 6: But yeah, I'm not a great guitar player. Probably a first tell you that you're doing just fine. It seems like you're doing.
Speaker 2: When you're on stage. I've always wanted to ask you this, and I never got a chance. When you're on stage, we're traveled by turtles, and there's no drummer. Who is the metronome of the band?
Speaker 1: Is it you? Is it your right hand?
Speaker 6: Everybody in that band would say it's somebody else, which is probably why it works, you know what I mean. Nobody is really saddled with that. I think each person kind of follows something unique to them, and so it only really works when it's all happening together and it's a very fluid tempo. Usually.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I would guess you guys don't use a click or anything like that.
Speaker 6: Right, No, No, I can't do it. Yeah, if we're it's we've tried, you know, in the studio, before and it really we're no good when we're that good, if that makes sense, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure. Hey, the Beatles didn't use.
Speaker 6: It, right, Yeah, I don't even know if they had it, I'm saying, right, yeah, yeah, I don't know. It's it's I we had whatever it is that we have together playing as far as our tempo and rhythm goes. It's just something that that for us is a little bit unresearched and I almost superstitious. They don't want to dig into it too far, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I can see that for sure. Who else besides big thiefs should we be listening to that way?
Speaker 1: Don't that we don't know about?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 6: Well, you guys ever listened to Eric Coskin and he's a local guy. I'm going to see him on Friday. He's one of my favorite artists right now too. Also a great songwriter.
Speaker 1: Great, thank you. That's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Where are you at in the uh the Billy Corgan theory that AI is going to wipe out all music creativity in the next five years. He is a pretty gloom outlook that this is going the wrong way pretty fast? Where you want to guy? I mean, he makes good points but maybe his timeline is off it. How do you feel so far? What have you seen out of the impact of AI and in the music industry.
Speaker 6: I'm not a it's a hard it's hard for me to talk. I feel like me to talk about without sounding it's like an old man yelling at clouds, you know, because it's like these kids in their new technology. I my my personal opinion is I don't love it. I think that I've seen some writing. Thankfully now I feel like I can pick it out. But I don't think we're that far from a lot of popular artists leaning heavily on AI. I also don't think that most people care if they do, so, I don't know. I think that it's it's not going anywhere. I don't plan on using it in my own writing life, because for me, that's my favorite art form, is writing. But I do think that that it is probably already has a larger impact than people know. Yeah, and I think it's we'll just keep I don't. I mean, I don't think we're that far away from having a fully simulated acts you know.
Speaker 2: Do you You don't even have to tell me, but do you have a favorite lyric that you ever wrote, would I ask you that question that nothing comes to mind?
Speaker 6: No, I wouldn't say it if I did either.
Speaker 3: Yeah, smart, so you know it's a great thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah me, No, So for me, I like, I'm usually most excited about what's coming. And I heard you guys talking trash about the Tool making a new record, which I wanted to tell you to knock that off. They you know that's the same. If it's it's it's uh. I mean, you just want to keep making music, And I think everybody should be, even if you know a lot of your fans are most excited about something you did twenty years ago. I think that if the artist is most excited about what they're doing now, that probably keeps them pretty relevant and at least more exciting to watch on stage.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The have you ever heard the lyric Marnie's Gone and no one cares?
Speaker 6: You know, tell me about it?
Speaker 4: Didn't do well?
Speaker 3: It was AI generated but yeah, really good hook.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I thought the AI hit it right on the money.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The only time I've ever been.
Speaker 4: Fans, I didn't love it.
Speaker 3: Yea, even Billy cork and loved it. Yeah, that's what made him change his mind.
Speaker 6: I take back everything I said.
Speaker 2: Well, it's just so great to see you man, Thanks for coming out, and if you're gonna be around for a while, please feel free to join us anytime. This studio belongs to you, anytime you want to come hang out.
Speaker 6: Thank you. Good to see everybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like great to see your success.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah man, Yeah, Martin, you get a setlist?
Speaker 3: What do you do with that setlist? Frame it? Probably? Yeah, when you do those picks, learn how to play guitar or the ukulele or something. No, I'll probably put them in the frame. Oh man, that's how I end.
Speaker 5: Why is the set list in the shape of a receipt? I've never seen that before.
Speaker 3: They've got that CBS, yes, metaphor maybe that's exactly right. Yeah, yeah, show the camera sauce.
Speaker 1: Yeah, could you please show us these are cameras?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, there is wow pay twenty five bangers a night.
Speaker 8: Yeah, probably twenty five is wow. I lost, but yeah a lot. Yeah, I can't wait to see him. They'll be here in Junie old man.
Speaker 1: Can't wait now.
Speaker 2: Maybe traveled By Turtles will be on stage with him. You never know, you never know, We never know, Matt right, yeah right.
Speaker 3: Maybe you should take Dave with you because he got you the set Listen, you want to go with you?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 3: You can go show with you, yeah, and then you can come to Tool with us next year. Are you a Vegas guy anyway?
Speaker 6: No, but for the sphere, I'll go for that.
Speaker 3: Let's go. All right, Well, let's take a Tool trip in twenty twenty seven. Do you want to go.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm seeing Sarah Evans at Windstock. If you want to come, move very similar.
Speaker 6: I'd like to go to a show with everybody.
Speaker 3: All right, let's do it to see on the bill.
Speaker 2: Next time you play Red Rocks, I'll pay you a thousand dollars. Let me play one song on my guitar.
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 3: Nine to noon is next. The Power Trip returns tomorrow five thirty to nine.
Speaker 2: Right here on the thing, You too have a dam, But keep on dreaming of baby girl.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a great day.