Speaker 1: Bill cunning in the Great America. Welcome this Thursday afternoon in the tri State. Who's going to start for the Bengals on Sunday? Tony Benner tells me it's going to be Joe Burrow and not Joe Flacco. We'll see if Tony's right or not, because it appears Burrow may play on Sunday. We'll see what happens against the Patriots. But until then, I know there's been a lot of difficulties and uncertainties about hemp and fuge drinks, and marijuana and so much more CBD. Many of my friends use CBD to sleep at night. A lot of them drink hemp and fuge drinks. Some businesses are built upon that fact. But the Feds just passed the law kind of eliminating the whole industry within a year. Then each state are acting separately and joining you. And I now is the man in charge in Columbus, Senator Steve Huffman, who was up this morning till one or two o'clock in the morning working on the bill. And I guess there's been a little bit of an agreement what to do with this. And Senator Steve Huffman Welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. But before we get started, I always like to talk about American veterans, and yesterday in the Capitol, you and others honored a World War Two veteran at the Battle of the Bulge. Can you briefly give me his name and why he was honored?
Speaker 2: Jim Arisman from Farmersville in Montgomery County for his one hundredth birthday. He'll be one hundred on Thanksgiving Day. Just a great honorable man and you know, a great generation. He told me of the story. You know, he was injured and got the Purple Heart and the Battle of the Bulge and he was wounded and laid in a foxhole for hours till he could be rescued, and just a great, great American. It was my honor to have him there in on his hunt of birthday.
Speaker 1: And you know, Senator, that is the greatest generation to be lying in a hole with temperatures below zero, wounded, covered up with dirt and grime in order to maybe save your life. And then to have the success of the Battle of the Bulge because of the activities of General Patton, but mainly the soldiers like Jim got it done, and I'm not sure we have it in us to do what that generation did. That's a different issue. So, first of all, the FEDS past the cr which city essentially that HEMP and fused businesses have about to one year to resolve their inventory to sell, and they kind of pushed it off to the states a little bit. I understand from our two conversations. There was media reports yesterday the House and the Senate had reached an agreement, which wasn't the case. But then there was a kind of an agreement this morning at one o'clock. Can you tell the American people as we sit here about twelve ten pm on Thursday afternoon, what is the status the HEMP and CBD in the state of Ohio at this point.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, earlier this year, we each had our bill. We didn't agree to it, so we decided to go to conference committee. I was chair of the Conference committee, and you know, the Senate adjourned for the night, and then I was about to walk out the door and they said, hold on, I think we got a deal. And that was about nine thirty, and I called the committee of eleven thirty and we finished about twelve fifteen. We had the agreement. The House went to the floor right after that and voted. They were done about one fifteen, one thirty, and the Senate doesn't have another session for a couple of weeks. But I am sure that the Senate will honor our agreement and vote to pass the exact same thing that the House did last night.
Speaker 3: Hie.
Speaker 1: So as of one thirty am this morning, about nine ten hours ago, the deal is struck. But you and the Senate were out of session. You're going to come back into session and you're telling me the deal you're about to announce is going to be. It's going to pass in about two weeks. Is that correct?
Speaker 2: I believe so the governor will have to sign it to have this ability to line item veto because there's some money into it.
Speaker 4: But I am sure that.
Speaker 2: We have the votes in the Senate to pass it to Mullana the agreement that we have at the House.
Speaker 1: So Tony Benner wants to know what is the deal? Am I write down the deal? Give me one, two, three, and four. What's the deal?
Speaker 2: Well, there was one was on marijuana. We cleaned up some things. They'll still be allowed to have twelve plants, but we cleaned some things up from issue too was the first part. The second part was in ninety days after the the bill as signed, all gummies edibles will be illegal in the state of Ohio. And that is something that you know that and you've talked to Mike d. Whine about kids are getting that, So that will all be illegal. We will continue to allow beverages at five milligrams, which is a reasonable amount.
Speaker 3: For this year.
Speaker 2: And if the Feds come back and say, you know, you're allowed to keep beverages and do that, we have an agreement with the House and Senate that we will have discussions and make proper regulations with proper restrictions and proper taxation in the future. But didn't have time to get that last, but you can continue to get those and we will allow places like ryan Geist in Cincinnati if you can manufacture at a higherli level, but you got to sell that stuff out of state if other states allow it.
Speaker 1: So that the major part is ninety days after the bill is signed, which is two to three weeks from now, all gummies and edibles in the state of high will be illegal.
Speaker 3: Is that correct?
Speaker 2: Yes, if they have anything over zero point four milligrams which is very little and not intoxicating.
Speaker 4: If it's above that, it's illegal.
Speaker 1: So the gummies below that are legal because they're not intoxicating. Of course, the reason you take them is because they're intoxicating. You don't take because they're not intoxicating. He's taken because they're intoxicating. And so essentially, by having a very low level of THC, the purpose of the gummies and edibles is to have intoxicating effect or some effect, but the level will be so low wellot and essentially, unless you want to manufacture below point oh four, there will be no gummies or edibles legal in Ohio beginning in about ninety or so days.
Speaker 3: Is that correct?
Speaker 2: There are some yes, there are some people that like the low level THHC because it also has the CBD xtra dials and other things in there that helps them sleep and in things like that. And you know, another big thing that was in this bill is you know there's a ten percent tax and thirty six percent of that will go back to the locals of the jurisdictions where the dispensaries are. The ballot initiative did not have a way for the state to actually give you give them the money, and we did that in this bill. So we've we've honored you know, the ballot initiae of wording that says you'll get thirty six percent of that ten percent. And that's going to make a lot of places, especially places where there's a bunch of dispensaries like the City of Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: And I And it'll make the City of Cincinnati happy. They'll get more money. Is that correct?
Speaker 2: That is is wherever the dispensary is, that jurisdictions will get there thirty six percent of the ten percent tax.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm not going to this next point, which is beverages have to have a very low, very low hemp drinks. Beverages have to have a very low THC Is that correct?
Speaker 3: Very low?
Speaker 2: That is five milligramts for twelve ounces. You know, I've seen these things around the country where you know, a twelve ounce can, I think to me and use one drink. Well, they'll they'll have twelve lines at can and say each line is a serving, so and that's twelve ounce.
Speaker 4: Can they consider.
Speaker 2: Twelve servings at five milligrams? That's sixty milligrams? Right? You wouldn't be able to stand up at sixty milligrams, so five milligrams to me, it's probably parallel to a twelve ounce spear.
Speaker 1: So Ryan guys fifty West right now are selling these Hampton Feud beverages much above five milligrams, correct, A lot more than that is currently being sold.
Speaker 4: Correct. I don't know how much what they are. They can do that now.
Speaker 2: I know that other states allow for tens, fifteens, and twenties, so I can't say what they're doing now, but my understanding is probably at least tennis is also a popular drink in Ohio.
Speaker 1: So, and what's the purpose of the litigation of this legislation? What's the purpose Because some of the Ryan geist in the fifty West are not happy about government getting involved. They want the consumer to decide what to do. So what's the argument that needs to be limited to such a low amount that you might you don't get a buzz. The idea, I think is to get a buzz. I think that's the purpose. I think the purpose of drinking alcohol is to get a buzz. I think the purpose of these hemp infused drinks is take the place of the buzz caused by alcohol. And so, what is the governmental interest in having shall I say little or no buzz as opposed a more buzz.
Speaker 4: I would say that.
Speaker 2: One the five metogram is probably equal to one twelve ounce bud lock.
Speaker 4: So you're right.
Speaker 2: With one of them, you are not going to get a buzz, but three four you will get a buzz.
Speaker 4: And so it's a.
Speaker 2: Reasonable you know, maybe one or two you're feeling good, and maybe that's the objective of the consumer, but it'll it'll still get you impaired if you drink too much of it.
Speaker 1: All right, Now, as far as Delta eight, I know the governor and you were concerned about teenage boys and girls going into a convenience store buying Delta eight products. What's the status of that as far as the age limit and the amount.
Speaker 2: In ninety days, it'll be totally illegal for adults, younger people, anybody if it's above that small amount. So we're going to get rid of all of it. You can still get some lotions and creams that people put on for their arthritis, but essentially we'll do away with it because it's a lot of it's stuff that comes from China and kids have been able to get it for a while and advertise to them and in this bill, it'll cut out all advertising to children. It has to be approved by the Marijuana Commission before they could do anything.
Speaker 1: So a teenage boy or girl going in the convenience store to buy Delta eight and ninety days will be illegal, that's correct, And you have to be twenty is it twenty one?
Speaker 3: Is that the age.
Speaker 2: Twenty one for the beverages and it can only be sold at current places that have a liquor license or a bar that has a liquor license, the only place you'll be able to get it.
Speaker 1: Senator Steve Huffin, what's the interaction now of the federal legislation? There's another provision this from our conversation this morning about that if the Feds I don't know, but Senator Mitch McConnell of Kentucky is all exercised along with Ryan Paul about the hemp farmers are going to be hit by the bill in Washington which they basically eliminate all of it. And so, what's the interaction between your bill, which is going to become long about ninety days or so, as opposed to the federal piece of legislation.
Speaker 4: Hard bill?
Speaker 2: Pretty much marrors it. We increase the timeline on the gummies and edibles. But there's many people in Columbus, in the industry in Washington believes that the federal government in the next year will come back and say, hold on, here's the regulations for you know, the limits on THHC and hemp in beverages and other things, and then the states would be able to regulate it however they want with those guidelines, is what people think. Some states will just say nope, I don't want any of it. Other states will say, you know, we'll take even more restrictions or you know, or follow the federal law.
Speaker 1: And so if the Feds change it, then you and Columbus will change it.
Speaker 3: Also, is that correct?
Speaker 2: The House in the sent has an agreement that we will do our best to come to an agreement to to most likely preserve only the best. We only have an agreement to try to preserve long term the beverages and not the other stuff.
Speaker 1: And beverages at a very low level. Now, Thirdly, I'm I have a belief that marijuana is in like thirty six or thirty seven states. The selling, manufacturing, the grow, the processing of marijuana is all over the country. It's also true that the FEDS consider marijuana to be a Schedule one. The FEDS consider it to be similar to cocaine or methamphetamine, and there seems to be no appetite in Washington to make that a Schedule three because the Trumpster are many Republicans don't think Many Republicans don't think marijuana should be grown anyway or used by anybodies. So, assuming that marijuana federally is a Schedule one narcotic which carries severe penalties, is it an anomaly in the law that Ohio in many other states permit the growing, processing, and sell selling of marijuana to millions of people even though it's against federal law. Is that correct?
Speaker 2: It's a joke. It's a failure of the federal government. It's you know, don't look behind the curtain and do anything, and we're going to let you do that, but we won't let you do banking because as if that's the federal we will let you cross.
Speaker 4: It's illegal to cross the state.
Speaker 2: Lines from Ohio and marijuana to Michigan marijuana. And it's stupid. They need to come with a Scheduled three drug. And the other thing it does is medical research. Let's put it out there and let places like a High State and you see do research and say this is good and it helps migraines, it helps post traumatic stress, or it doesn't. But we can't do that research as long as it's a scheduled one drug and thirty six or whatever states have it. If we have good regulations but be able to do research and have some other framework would certainly help chimes.
Speaker 3: We sit here Thursday afternoon.
Speaker 1: A Kentucky in that drives from Boone County to Hamlety County to buy marijuana here and then take it back to Boone County is committing a federal criminal offense.
Speaker 4: That is correct.
Speaker 3: And all these marijuana.
Speaker 1: Farmers in OHI and processors that's growing marijuana, processing marijuana, and selling marijuana are all committing federal criminal offenses.
Speaker 4: That is correct too.
Speaker 1: So why don't the Feds enforce it? One might ask.
Speaker 2: You know, this is multiple administrations for years that have that that haven't and that's their policy. It's it's just they they should do something about it, and they won't.
Speaker 1: I've talked to Euston, I've talked to Senator Speaker of the House. Uh, there's no appetite to take the issue on it all because they're saying, Okay, we got there, we got on the books. These federal criminal statutes about marijuana use similar to growing poppy seeds, are similar to manufacturing methamphetamine. Marijuana's in the same category as in the other ones. But wink, wink, nod, nod, we're not going to force federal criminal statutes, which I don't understand.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I don't understand that. But you know, we were both against the ballot initiative and twenty three and it happened, and here it is. But we've also talked about the good part of it. We took a you know, it's a billion dollar the recreation will be a billion dollar industry in twenty twenty five in just the state of Ohio. We took a billion dollars away from drug dealers, yep, a billion dollars, and we had including one hundred or one hundred million that we taxed that we can put the good use to treat drug addiction and police enforcement and other things like that. So there was some good out of the ballot initiatives we've talked about before, but the federal government could probably get in on some of that tax stuff, but they have chose not to.
Speaker 1: Multiple Republican Democrats, they don't want to touch it. And so those the State of ohiores participating in an illegal criminal syndicate for the selling of illegal drugs federally and benefiting from it. And I'm going, well, something's wrong here, all right, Well, Senator Steve Hoffman, I know you've been working hard of this. At one am, there was no deal this morning at one thirty, there was a deal in ninety days. All that is going to become effective once the governor signs it. We'll see what happens down the road. And Senator have a great Thanksgiving with their family, and God bless you and God bless America.
Speaker 3: Senator, thank you very.
Speaker 4: Much, you take care, Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: God bless you all. Let's continue with more unbelievable and the Feds don't touch it. But it's illegal, but the state of Ohio, thirty six other states benefit from it. And if you drive from Kentucky to Ohio, Ohio to Michigan back and forth, you're transporting a schedule one narcotic across state lines. Twenty years in jail. But we're not going to enforce it. Bill Cunningham, News Radio seven hundred WW all right, Dave Keaton hit the music. I think there's a good probability that Joe Burrow is going to quarterback for the Bengals on Sunday against the Patriots. It's a crisis. He appears to be playing Joe Flaccoo didn't take snaps. Jake the Snake Browning didn't take snaps? Is Shoe Burrow? And this Morning with Tom Brennaman, of course Zach Taylor beat around the bush a little bit without saying so. But we'll see what the next few days bring, see what happens that would be a positive. God knows our community and professional sports need a positive. So the last conversation I just had with you and Senator Huffman kind of laid out what's going on. It's kind of, may I say, use the term absurd that the FEDS consider marijuana to be the same as cocaine and heroin. That's someone living in Kenton County would drive across the Brent Spence Bridge or the Suspension Bridge and buy marijuana here because you can't buy it except medically in Kentucky, and then driving across the river. It's the same as buying heroin or cocaine, which of course medically it is not. But that's what the law says.
Speaker 4: To me.
Speaker 1: It's absurd when I speak to the FEDS about correcting putting marijuana as the Schedule three, which is currently as the Schedule one with the worst drugs, imaginable eyes glaze over. When I asked a Senator Bernie Marino or Jade Vance or John used It about it, he said, there's no appetite here to change anything. There's a chunk of politicians and also Americans who don't want availability of marijuana anywhere at any point for any reason. There's another chunk that says, you know, marijuana is an adult use of a product that comes out of the earth, and it's not much better or worse than alcohol, and as a consequence, we ought to regulate it. I'm kind of in that category. Then there's others who claim that marijuana should be available to all people, all the time, in all circumstances. So you put those three together, and that not much happens in Washington whatsoever. So all I can say is that I don't know what's going to happen. Federally, it is illegal for you to possess marijuana in the state of Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana because it's against federal law. However, the federal laws are not enforced when it comes to marijuana. By wink wink. No, not a gentleman's agreement. They've told that the fifty states go what you do, what you want to do, and we're not going to enforce the law. Why have a law on the books unless it's enforced, especially if it's a federal criminal statute. And I don't get good answers from anyone as to why that's the case.
Speaker 3: In OHIOO it's say.
Speaker 1: One billion dollar annual industry that generates about one hundred million dollars in taxes plus thousands of jobs, and so Ohio is in better shape than other states. In California, for example, they thought they would have tax revenues at three billion dollars a year, but because of the non enforcement of the of the drug statutes and the marijuana production illegals in California that the illegal market is much lower than the legal market. So people knowing that they can buy marijuana from your friendly neighborhood drug dealer, is going to do it when the price is fifty percent of the authorized one. And so all I know is this is all strewed up and it's as clear as mud. So when the Feds passed a few days ago the Continuing Resolution had a provision that got rid of all the hemp and fused products CBDs in cans for example, got rid of all that. And you have everyone one year to get rid of their inventory. Now you just search Senator Huffman talk about well, we understand that, however, it might be less than this state, might be more.
Speaker 3: We don't know.
Speaker 1: So I don't know what Ryan geister fifty West does when they're in violation of federal law and maybe maybe not in violation of state law. Not sure, And we have a coming up later. Cindy Abram, state representative, who was this morning up to about one thirty in the morning dealing with the same issue. Yeah, I think I'm on top of what the issues are. But if you ask me what percentage of milligrams of hemp slash CBD hemp TC can be in the right ryn guys can I couldn't answer today what it is. I don't use the product, and I trust Americans like you to make those decisions. For yourself. Marijuana and THCHC and CBD and gummies are much better for you than tequila. However, the craft beer industry, as you might know, is dying on the vine. It was overregulated, overproduced, and people have moved on from that. Those in their twenties and thirties, they want to buy CBD hemp infused beverages as opposed to other alcoholic intoxicating liquors. And so what it is, I have no idea. It's pretty tough. I think to have federal criminal statutes that carry serious penalties, not in fours, which is the marijuana.
Speaker 3: When you talk to JD.
Speaker 1: Vance, he'll tell you he doesn't think the proliferation of marijuana is a good idea. And when you talk to Donald Trump, he'll tell you he didn't like. He doesn't drink, doesn't smoke, doesn't use email, doesn't text. He's an old schooler that says, I don't think people should be drinking alcohol, and I don't think people should be using marijuana at all. So their argument is if you take away it as a Schedule one and it'll be more available, we want to make it less available, is what the Republicans say in Washington, and the states go on their own and do whatever they're going to do.
Speaker 3: I know one thing. The state's stable.
Speaker 1: Hi is making a boatload of money and taxes, and now local government's going to make some too, So we'll see what happens. But if the Feds change, which is likely because of Ran Paul and Mitch McConnell, and allow hemp to be grown, has to be done within the next year. If it's not done, then there'll be a federal law against hemp infused beverage products, but not a state law. Then the state's got to decide what it's going to do. I have Do you have any idea what I just said? I have no idea, but I know one thing. I'm a great American. Secondly, once again, leading the news generally is his character that has caused such damage in American society, Jeffrey Epstein, and it's the lead story in the national news almost every newscast, almost every broadcast at night. The media is fixated on Jeffrey Epstein as a precursor to getting Donald Trump, when now it appears likely that more Democrats are involved with Epstein than Donald Trump was ever involved with Epstein. Likely this story may die on the vine. So far, we know that Bill Clinton's oil portrait in the home of Jeffrey Epstein as the former president sitting across the chair in a blue dress and black high heels. That's our President, Bill Clinton. They were buddies, they were friends, they traveled together, did things together. King Jeffries, the leader of the House of Representative's Democrat from Brooklyn, wanted campaign money and donations from Jeffrey Epstein. That came out recently because of the documents released by the House Oversight Committee. Then you have a certain state US Congressman, Stacy Plasquette, who, while asking questions in twenty nineteen trying to get Trump, Jeffrey Epstein himself was texting with the US representative to prompt questions and answering questions from her about Jeffrey, about Donald Trump and Michael Cohen. So the Democratic Party is up to their eyeballs in this thing. Because of that, and because of the seventeen visits that Jeffrey Epstein made into the Clinton presidency, and by the way, none zero under Donald Trump, I would anticipate the media will be less inclined to cover any more Jeffrey Epstein because after all, number one's number two he was a Democrat. Number three he gave money to Democrats. Number four Democrats embraced him repeatedly in Manhattan and in fact, when he was freed of his criminal sentence many years ago in twenty eight twenty nine in Miami, when he came back to Manhattan, he had a big party in his mansion with the girls and George slap Monopolis was there along with Katy cork in the Hollywood and the New York elite were present, mainly Democrats. It's pretty hard to be a Republican in New York City, would you agree? So from all that, pretty hard to be a Republican in Cincinnati, just asked Corey Bowman. But nonetheless, he ran in Democratic circles, he gave money to Democrats, he supported Democratic presidents. And the guy was a perv. He was a child molester, and he's likely right now in the bottom of hell for what he did to those girls. And by the way, the girls are now women in their thirties, forties, and fifties, and most are multi millionaires, having been part of lawsuits constantly suing banks and brokerage firms and anyone else connected to any of the businesses of Jeffrey Epstein. The class action attorneys still have many lawsuits pending in which the victims of Jeffrey Epstein will be paid millions of dollars in addition to what they've been paid already, which is just compensation for the sins and crimes inflicted upon them. I'm still waiting to hear more than names. Some like Senator George Mitchell appears to have died. He's dead, four or five others. But there had to be hundreds, if not thousands, of men involved in these activities that is, molesting these girls and raping them at the behest of Julane Maxwell and Jeffrey Epstein.
Speaker 3: Who are they?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Do you know who they are?
Speaker 1: According to some reports, all the names have been known and there's three or four and that's it. That's not possible. If there were a thousand girls, a thousand girls and young women. I said, a thousand, there's got to be thousands of men. And is it a hoax? So who are they name? The names and the fact they're fearing for their life. I don't buy that to a large extent, because if they're fearing for the life by disclosure that the men who did this would be better off to off these victims before their names are known, which isn't happening, nor should it happen. So I have no idea what's happening with Jeffrey Epstein. I think is an American You and I? What do we care about? I think we care about the economy. I think we care about inflation. I think we care about Thanksgiving dinner. I think we care about economic issues, our job, we care about inflation, care about the price of gasoline, we care about the groceries. We care about our family's life. We care about a little bit about foreign affairs. Yes, we do care about Israel and ukrainet c. Where does Jeffrey Epstein rank as far as concerns in your life? I would think is at the bottom of your existence? Is worried about Jeffrey Epstein and whether he's in hell or not, who he had sex with, who he didn't have sex with. According to one media account, he wasn't capable of having normal sex. Frankly, I don't care.
Speaker 3: I don't want to know.
Speaker 1: It is what it is. The victims have been compensated, and the one woman mainly involved. Julane Maxwell's looking at twenty years in prison and the media is anguish, he is too much toilet paper and the guy the main perpetrator is dead and that those who contributed money to will be out it and let let's.
Speaker 3: Move on with life.
Speaker 1: Is that possible, because now it appeals appears certain that Donald Trump was not involved. In fact, NBC News made the classic statement, there's no evidence to indicate to date that Donald Trump has been involved directly indirectly in any of the criminal problems and difficulties of Jeffrey Epstein. But he knew him. Pictures are taken with him. The media puts his picture up all the time, but not the pictures with him and the King Jeffries, or him and Chuck Schumer and Jeffrey Epstein and the Clintons and Jeffrey Epstein and all the other Democrats that he gave money to, and mainly it was Democrats. So I'm waiting to hear what is the what's to be determined by Pam Bondy. She won't release a bunch of information because she can't. Whatever she doesn't release, they'll have more conspiratorial theorists at it. At the end of the day, do you care about Jeffrey Epstein? Do you care about his victims? Of course I don't know any of them, but they've been well compensated for the injuries inflicted upon them, and they're going to get more compensation. More lawsuits are pending against various banks and financiers that Jeffrey Epstein interacted with. Anyone who touched Jeffrey Epstein is being sued by ravenous class action lawyers. And it is what it is. And like I say, let's move on with life. But that's I'm tired of the Jeffrey Epstein story, are you? Let's continue? Coming up after one o'clock today will be a man who we're going to talk about gun use when it comes to gun free zones and how it would save more lives. Of that was permitted plus later on as state Representative Sidney Abrams and will Joe Burrow play quarterback for the Bengals on Sunday against the Patriots.
Speaker 3: The smart money says, yes, we'll see what happens.
Speaker 1: Twelve fifty five Home to Your BENGALSUS Radio seven hundred WW by Billy Cunningham, The Great American and the Great Debate has joined every time as a terrible incident involving a gun they need. Your reaction to the radical left is to ban more guns and make it more difficult to carry, and the media plays along with us as if gun free zones work. I'm looking at some recent examples as a terrible event in Oakland, California, were a career criminal twenty seven year old Cedric Irv for some reason, shot a football coach John Beam in the head. We have terrible incidents, and for example in Charlotte where a mentally ill career criminal stabbed to death twenty three year old Ukrainian recently, and there's going to be an arrayment. On Monday, there was an incident in Chicago transit where a person who has fifty fifty arrests for various nasty offenses set a woman on fire literally on the subway system in Chicago, and that was awful. It's terrible, and it goes on all over the country, and the reaction is always always, well, we've gotta have more gun free zones. We have to have more circumstances, whether it's a Catholic church in Minnesota or elsewhere, Johny, you not I now is Stephen Williford is with the Gun Owners of America, has some interesting statistics on gun free zones and the damage they cause. And Steven Williford, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And first of all, a little bit about the facts of Coach John Beam. What happened to him in Oakland, California, at the hands of Cedric Irvin.
Speaker 5: Well, for all we know is that Cedric Irvin and I really don't like using their names. I don't like to give them any kind of notice, but apparently killed this coach. It's a very highly respected coach and well loved and stuff, and we don't know a whole lot about it. But we have to start getting rid of gun free zones. We have to start learning to carry and carry daily and sometimes even in my own home, I have my gun on.
Speaker 4: Me, you know.
Speaker 5: And it's terrible to think that the world is that way. But that's what the Second Amendment is about. It's also about fighting a tyrannical government. So it's time for people to arm themselves and be able to do within themselves and their families and the people around them. Ninety three percent of all mass shootings happen in gun free zones, and if you expect the police to stop it, the police are second responders. You're your only responder. You're the only one that can make a difference. So please go to gunowners dot org and sign up. Annual membership is only twenty five dollars.
Speaker 1: Well, let's talk about gun free zones and normally the knee jerk reaction. And I've seen it outside of churches. I've seen it outside of supermarkets. I've seen it outside department stores. I've seen it in baseball stadiums for example, or football stadiums. Almost all of them have signs up the saying you know, caring a gun is illegal. In fact, in many states you can go to prison as a legal gun owner if you happen to carry a gun inside of a football or basketball or you actually can go to prison for that. And even in the state of Ohio where I live, we have laws that we have an open carry state, as most of the Midwest is. But if the sign is up and you miss the sign it says gun free, gun free zone, can't carry a gun and you're found in possession of a gun, you can go to jail for six months. Not for doing anything wrong other than carrying a gun. Why can you tell me the mentality? Blue cities, Blue states, the most violent are the gun free zones.
Speaker 5: I just can't get around their thought process because criminals, criminals don't care about the signs. Criminals don't care about whether they can even own a gun or not. They don't care. They're gonna, they're gonna break the law. That's one they're called criminals, and we need to understand that and that they are unconcerned, and so wouldn't it make more sense if good people, good people like myself, could carry in those places to be able to protect yourself, your family, and everyone around you. You know, someone told me one time. I told someone one time, I hope you are never involved in a mass shooting like what happened in Sutherland Springs, Texas. But if you are, find someone myself to stand behind, because I don't care about your politics. I don't care about your race, I don't care about your gender. I don't care about who you think your gender is. I will stand in between evil and innocence and risk my life. And she said, I'd never risked my life for you, And I told her, I don't want you to just don't stand in my way.
Speaker 1: Now, give me the facts. You're the author of a book a town called Sutherland Springs, Faith and Heroism through Tragedy, revolving around the twenty seventeen event hero with a Gun. Tell the American people what happened there and why you wrote the book.
Speaker 5: Well in Sutherland Spring, Texas, I was home on November fifth, twenty seventeen, and I heard shooting. My daughter made me aware of it. I heard multiple gunfires being shot. I ran to my safe. I grabbed an AR fifteen and a handful of ammom. I ran across the street with no shoes on. They called me the barefoot defender. Now and people say they couldn't believe that I didn't put shoes on. I said, you're lucky that I had pants on. Pantiless defender and be a little creepy barefoot defender is okay. I was able to engage with the mass shooter that had murdered twenty six of my neighbors and friends, and I hit him six out of six rounds. He hit the truck in front of me. I ran behind a truck. He shattered a windshield of a car that was behind me. He hit the house behind me, and I was able to win that shootout, and he lost. And had it not been for my second Amendment, and yet my ability to own an AR fifteen, he had on Class three body armor and a ballistic bullet proof helmet and I had none of that. Had it had not been for me able to own an AR fifteen, and they had been counted among the dead.
Speaker 1: How many more would he have killed? How many more would he have murdered? How many victims were there? Many other victims about to be killed?
Speaker 5: He wounded twenty others and he was going around from pew to pew, finishing them off. So out of the church there were forty nine people in that church that day. Twenty six died, twenty were wounded. Three people walked out of that church without a bullet three.
Speaker 1: As far as the police, how long was it before the police finally arrived? Because I don't blame the police on this. You get a nine to one one call and you do your best to get there. But several minutes went by.
Speaker 5: Correct, I'm Sutherland Springs is a very small town. We don't even we're not incorporated. We don't have any police in Sutherland Springs and from the first nine one one call and we have it on video at the Valero Ice House across from the church. To see her on the phone. It took the police nineteen minutes before she heard the sirens and hung.
Speaker 3: Up the phone.
Speaker 5: And no, I do not blame the police. They were coming as fast as they could, but it took them nineteen minutes to get there.
Speaker 1: As far as AR fifteen or fifteen is, the is the illegal weapon in many states, AR fifteen's basically simply some inanimate metal object that can be used for good or for ill. I'm always amazed trying to criminalize and inanimate metal objects. A gun has killed no one. An AR fifteen never has done anything other than sit there to be used, hopefully the right way. And to criminalize the possession of an AR fifteen. The media loves to say AR fifteen. It sends signals to the radical left that has to be banned. And I think there's something in the range. There's millions of AR fifteen's already in the marketplace, and it's already illegal for someone to use that gun illegally to commit a crime. It's already a crime to do that. But guns do not commit any violence. It's people carrying guns that commit violence.
Speaker 5: What's really interesting, and this is by the FBI stats themselves. More people are beaten to death with hammers every year than shot with rifles in general, and that includes AR fifteen's the bolt action to whatever kind of rifle, that's all rifles in general. More are beat to death with hammers every year. Should we go after Stanley tool manufacture and ban hammers. A gun is a tool, just as a hammer is. And in the right hands, a gun can build a beautiful mansion, and in the wrong hand someone can bledge in someone to death with the very same tool that built the mansion. And we're not out there trying to ban hammers. And you can look that stat up on law enforcement. More people are beat to death with hands and feet every year than rifles in general.
Speaker 1: I've seen the numbers like six or seven hundred across the country are beaten to death those killed with a rifle or a shotguns about five hundred. You're more likely to be beaten to death or club to death. Then you're a shot on airfit. One thing that drives me a little bit. Steven Wiliford of gun owners of America. Is this that we never refer to a car as car violence. For example, there's about forty thousand Americans that die every year because of automobile accidents, but the media would never respond to a story like that's to say it's car violence. No, it's a drunk driver driving the car that causes difficulty. It's someone without a license driving a car. It's an unlicensed, illegal truck driver driving a truck. We would never refer to a vehicular accident as car violence because it's the driver who drives the car that makes it criminal, much like we refer to guns. Though with gun violence, inanimate metal objects sitting by themselves commit no offense at all, but we want to stigmatize the weapon. Calling a gun violence. We would never call all the forty thousand deaths of Americans car violence because we focus on the person and not the vehicle causing the death. Can you smell what I'm cooking?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: Absolutely?
Speaker 5: And look at the Christmas parade where they ran where the guy ran over? How many people with a car at the parade? You don't hear him say assault cars? You know, we've got to stop these assault cars. You know, Uh, where does this.
Speaker 1: End, you know, and it ends with eventually Americans figuring out that guns in the hands of the right people is are good things and that there's no such a thing as car violence. There is such a thing, according to media's gun violence, but gun violence only happens when in the hands of the wrong person. Well, Steven Wilford, go ahead, please.
Speaker 5: I've got some more subsists that if people want to hear him, and that is national stats is guests, police officers involved in shootings. Guess how many rounds they fire in a shooting a shootout.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 3: I assume quite a few national average.
Speaker 5: When a police officer gets into a gunfight, he fires twenty four rounds national average. You want to know how many rounds out of those twenty four rounds, what percentage he hits?
Speaker 3: Not many?
Speaker 5: National average? A police officer hits seventeen rounds or seventeen.
Speaker 3: Percent, seventeen percent like that, like two or three out two two or three.
Speaker 5: Yes, out of twenty four And the national average of a civilian in a gunfight fifty So outside of gun free zones, fifty two percent of all gunfights that that were outside of gun free zones are stopped by civilians.
Speaker 1: Right, civilians are the first line, first line of defense.
Speaker 5: And out of all of those two thousand and seven to twenty twenty one, out of all of those, not one in and so the bystander was hit by a civilian, non law enforcement.
Speaker 1: Well the truth will set us free once again. Stephen Wiliford is Gunowners dot org, gunowners dot org. Know your rights, know what the law is. And Stephen Wiliford, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. And thank you, I guess on baff of the American people for saving so many lives at Sutherland Springs. But your point is a good one that the Second Amendments there for a reason, and get armed, know what your rights are, and be the first line of defense against the criminal element. And Steven Wiliford, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. Thank you, Steven, Thank you, and God bless God, bless America. Let's continue with more Bill Cunningham, the Great American Live at your home at Joe Burrow likely throwing the football around on Sunday at the pay Corps on news Radio seven hundred.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 6: I'm not going to accept Loucy.
Speaker 1: Hello quiet, and I'm Skos, I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 7: Guy.
Speaker 6: I'm not going to accept loosing.
Speaker 3: Well, seg.
Speaker 1: All the indicators are that Joey Burrow is going to play for the Bengals on Sunday.
Speaker 3: What did you know? And when did you know?
Speaker 5: It?
Speaker 8: Windows my whole career and and everybody that that we have in that locker room, all the coaches we have.
Speaker 6: You know, things are going to change year to year, but our windows always open.
Speaker 1: Gotta win seven games in a row? Is that possible under Joey b Yes?
Speaker 3: Anything?
Speaker 1: But do they have a defense? Where is the defense? Where's the d When Bobby Knight went back to Bloomington, you at the end of his life, he said one thing to the crowd, defense defense. What is defense? Does Burrow play linebacker? What about defense? Noom says no, can he play defense?
Speaker 3: No? No, no?
Speaker 1: Why did he get run over like the secondary? And that guy Washington last sunth he's got more issues in a magazine.
Speaker 3: Stand thank you.
Speaker 1: I thought him at defensive tackle or nosegar they said, yesterday, Willie, he went through eleven and eleven drills and it was act like he just he's been there for like the last six months. Yes, thank you, Loam says yes, so he is going to play Nosegar.
Speaker 3: Well you heard Tommy Brenhaman had Taylor on.
Speaker 1: Yes, when they win, I call him Taylor. When he loses, I call him Zach Schuler. Will he the stooge reporters, Oh, will he the stuote reporters of Proud Service. Every local Thamestar heating and air conditioning dealers Thamestar quality you could feel in Cincinnati. Call Sheldon Braun at Braun Heating in five one three, three, eighty five, seventy seven sixty five spot. We also want to thank Ron's Roost Restaurant and var Willie. It's clucking good for our lunch today, delicious chicken and all and everything else, maners everything. Who's that second thirty eight to fifty three race Road at five seven four two two two ronsreus dot net the Queen herself, Donna?
Speaker 3: She was harmed down the food? Yes, Queen, I don't know. Queen Charlotte, Queen Donna.
Speaker 1: And it's it's that part as that time of the year, Willie and the Wistree program celebrating forty one years established in nineteen eighty five, and you want to check out the wis Tree Program, hit the hit the wish line at five one, three eight, five two, eighteen ninety five, or email the Wistree Program dot gmail dot com.
Speaker 3: I love Ron's roost.
Speaker 1: They should raise the price of the buffet to nineteen ninety five. There's no better deal in town segment, No, Willie you Tomorrow night, let's see Elder and X will meet at pay Course Stadium in the Regional Division one Regional final. You know the big story though, is the May girls wrestling team. We're going to run the concessions and they're losing four thousand dollars and wieners and buns. The OHSAA is going to reimburse them somewhat. They just have a big hot dog part not Mason but or something. But is that the big story tomorrow night? Do you think?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 1: At the Mason Concessionaire, they're not able to sell popcorn. No bring it down here, Allie bringing out I bet you would. Yeah, let's see Mike Mike Dyer a Channel nine will He says that approximately sixteen four hundred tickets have been sold thus far for tomorrow night's game.
Speaker 3: Which game you mean the st Els?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 1: Sixteen thousand four hundred. I thought they wanted thirty thousand. Far well you can do still do it. Ohsa ohsaa dot org slash tickets, get them, they're still available. If Tata can sell it out, why not San ex An elder, don't ask me what about Tata?
Speaker 3: Bring her here, let her do the halftime.
Speaker 1: Get that guy from Puerto Rico is unavailable? Who the Puerto Rican halftime show?
Speaker 3: Bad Bad Bunny. Bunny is doing money.
Speaker 1: He's doing the Super Bowl. I'm mean to be interesting. He's gonna sing and wait, he's gonna sing, but not in English. He's gonna give you time to learn Spanish segment. Know your roles, shut your mouth. Isn't this a great American event? I might ask?
Speaker 3: We well.
Speaker 1: Bengals update that brought to you by Good Spirited Party Town with thirteen locations in northern Kentucky. Bengals are on the field right now. You'll do it all tonight. Cincinnati Tax Resolution Power by Tope Roundtable Shoe presented by Postman Law Live from Long Knicks and Hebron Lance and Company are at six oh five right here on seven hundred WLW. You know there's a story on Fox News today about Amy Robach. As you might recall, an ABC News reporter in twenty nineteen. Twenty nineteen, add the story of Jeffrey Roberts, et cetera, Jeffrey Epstein wrapped in a bow and she wanted to air it. Yeah, and it mainly was about the victims of Bill Clinton and the airfare and the crap and the money he donated and the girls.
Speaker 3: That were involved.
Speaker 1: You know what, you know what Disney Slash ABC News said, now, bah no, we're not going to air that, and she wrapped it in a bow. Now here we are what six years later? Yeah, and suddenly is the biggest story in the world because they want to use that to hurt Trump, which is a lie. But nonetheless, when it hurt Clinton, guess what, they wouldn't er it when it might hurt Trump, which it didn't. Now they want to air it. Do you see the differential? Yeah, go ahead, let's see Willie College football. Last night, Miami beat Buffalo thirty seven to twenty. So the RedHawks are eligible for a ninth time in the last ten seasons. Now to go to a bowl game. What about the quarterbacks?
Speaker 5: Lie?
Speaker 3: Well, he left.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine getting paid eight hundred thousand dollars to play quarterback for Miami and then say I'm I'm gonna stayed there. He got the money. Now he says I'm leaving because I want to get ready for the NFL Draft, leaves his team high and dry. Then it beats Buffalo anyway, Well this Thomas Goottkowski at his first started quarterback of TD passing a scoring run. Got it done last night for the RedHawks and they played the Buffalo Bills. It was at University enough University of Buffalo had about twelve people there and it was snowing, though, said Red's update.
Speaker 3: Let's see Red said.
Speaker 1: Nick Krawl said, yesterday Eli daily Cruz played hurt last season with a quad injury. One hundred and twenty six days now till opening day.
Speaker 3: How about this?
Speaker 1: According to the ABC News reporter that legal did not clear it because of the Palace in London. They didn't want stories about Prince Andrew and the clintonisas want nuts and said if you do this, we're going to sue you. She said, I had this interview interview with Virginia Jeuffrey. I couldn't get it on. The legal said, we're concerned about the Palace and about the Clintons. So the whole Jeffrey Epstein thing was spiked for the last six years.
Speaker 3: No, but you got a comment on that. Well, that's the way America is. I guess she says.
Speaker 1: Every day I get more and more urinated off. I had this story six years ago and ABC News refused to cover it. College basketball Tonight NKU and Central Michigan at six point thirty on ESPN fifteen thirty Mercy Hurst at the Miami RedHawks. The Bearcats and Cardinals play Tomorrow night Downtown West Miller Show, Tonight Life and the Original Montgomery In at eight oh five. Tickets are available through ticketmaster dot com. College soccer second round action today in the NCAA Tournament three in East Lansing, Michigan. Number twenty two Xavire against twelfth rated Colorado. And how about this the NWSL. The title game is Saturday, Gotham FC up against the Washington Spirit the NWSL. NWSL, what's that the North? I guess what is it? Women's soccer? National women Soccer League For Gotham midfielder and former Mount Notre Dame star Rose Lavelle versus Washington's goalkeeper Audrey Kingsbury from Saint Ursula.
Speaker 3: How about that if we're not impressed.
Speaker 1: According to one personality, in twenty nineteen, ABC News admittedly refused to air the investigation of Jeffrey Epstein because it did not meet repertorial standards. It didn't have confirmation. If ABC News had aired it, then the victims would have had justice and the American people would have had the answers. According to the reporter herself, let's.
Speaker 3: Go to someone who is in their right mind.
Speaker 1: The Trumpster said the other day, but that lady said, where are you from ABC News?
Speaker 3: He said, they had to revoke your life? Mary Bruce. What's her name? I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 1: It depends either if it's an R or a Trump and one of the thing's got me fired up.
Speaker 3: Dick Cheney died.
Speaker 1: Yes, he was the architect of the disaster in Iraq in Afghanistan, killing seven thousand American soldiers an addition of four hundred thousand others Afghans and Iraqis.
Speaker 3: He's one of the most unhappy sad.
Speaker 1: Marty Brenneman said the same thing about when he met him, that that guy's in the world all of his own and now he claims his daughter, I'm sure she's a clown too, said that she didn't want the president or vice president to come to Dick Cheney's funeral. Now he's a hero of the media and the Democrats. He's criticizing Donald Trump. Dick Cheney. He was a disaster. Bush forty three was a disaster as president. He's a nice guy, though, you agree, Yeah, spend time with him in the White House. Nice guy. But he came into on opening day and twirled me around. So let's take some photos. And he said, Marty Brennan is Marty Brenahan. Yeah, Dave, can you find the comments of Bush forty three introducing Marty Brenahan. I'm sorry Marty Brenneman as Marty Marty Brenahan.
Speaker 3: I don't care. There you go.
Speaker 1: But if the media can use the Chinese to attack Trump, it's done.
Speaker 3: Can you comment on that? No, because it's all same old The.
Speaker 1: Democrats are asking the military to ignore orders from the president. That's like seditious, right, I can'derstand it.
Speaker 3: When I say something, I mean it.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, what did he succeed positively in being the president for those eight years? Can you explain, was it a rock Afghanistan that far back? Well, I do remember he was an unmitigated disaster. He actually I thought we're going to do fine. Yesterday shows what I know.
Speaker 3: And how about this.
Speaker 1: Amy Roeboch, the ABC News reporter, left ABC News in twenty twenty three as the result of an exposed extra marital affair she had with the co host TJ. Holmes, right, who was also dismissed from the network. Correct, those two were doing the wild thing on and off the air. They had to do it early on in the evening because they had to get up at what four o'clock in the morning or something. But now she's freaking seed, barbecued and ostracized. But she's the one that had the whole Epstein story. ABC News wouldn't put it out. We don't have confirmation it didn't happen, right, And now.
Speaker 3: They do that today It's on the air in ten seconds or less.
Speaker 1: It's unbelievable. Andy mack all right, seg but the big news is Joe Yes or no? Is nine playing on Sunday against the Patriots?
Speaker 3: Yes or no? Yes? What did he say? This morning? With Tom Brenahan?
Speaker 1: He gave an indication that he's going to be playing was the indication that they, well, give me the indication.
Speaker 3: One thing is they need a little juice there.
Speaker 1: Although they've had what thirty some points and they get beat but you know, to bring him back. The crowd's going to be charged up with him being back. They need a victory badly, and they need about six or seven more. Tony Pike told me, hopefully they get hurt again.
Speaker 3: God forbid. Can they win the next seven games and win a few of them? Yeah, got to win seven segment. Well, see what happened.
Speaker 1: Would you hold him back or would you play him if he if they win seven in a row. Zach Taylor ought to be the coach of the year. I don't care who it is. Gotta beat the Ravens twice, gonna beat the Bills, It plays Golphin, Patriots, got to beat the Dolphins, Gotta beat the Browns at the end of the year. What if they win six in a row the brown Oh, that'd be perfect. Just don't get hurt. The Browns are like one in eighty five or something. Can Joe wear bubble rap? I'd wrap him up right now. But the offense is not the problem. That's why him to play nose guard. Can he play nose guard? No?
Speaker 3: Come on, like putting me out there. Why can't you play nose guard because I'm not big enough. How about Joe Burrow? He can do anything? No, he can do anybody quarterbacks. He didn't do anything. You think he wants to be like Tory Hunter. He can do any defense. Yes, of course he's hurt too. Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: Say give me out of the student's report after two o'clock today. We have former police officer, current state representative Sidny Abrams will be here after two o'clock.
Speaker 3: Will you get out of of a foggy and rotten day on this Thursday.
Speaker 1: I'm shipping my clubs to Naples, Florida. Enough is enough. We leave you with the immortal words of the stood report.
Speaker 8: The windows my whole career, and and everybody that that we have in that locker room, all the coaches we have.
Speaker 6: You know things are gonna change year to year, but our windows always open.
Speaker 1: It's the window. Don't open the window today or next week. You got to get ten star temp star quality. And you can feel on seven hundred WLW Bill Cunning in the Great America and the House and the Senate were working hard this morning till about one or two o'clock am, and the House passed and then it passed on to the Senate. And earlier you heard from the Senator Steve Huffman about two hours ago that the Senate can't pass it because they're not in session for another two weeks so after Thanksgiving. But the House did pass it. Joining you and I now a state Representative, Sidney Abrams, who sent many years as a police officer and now is the state rep from the western side of Hamlet County. And the House actually made passed and did its job. The Senate will do it in about two weeks. So Sidney Abrams, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And can you tell us first of all what was passed this morning in the House about one thirty am.
Speaker 7: Yes, so, well, thanks for having me appreciate it. And yeah, we were in session very late this morning. It was a long day. We got a lot of great things done, but we ended up sending back over to the Senate. As you know, the Conference Committee report on Senate Bill fifty six, and as you know, we voted it out a couple of weeks ago. The Senate didn't agree with some of the things we did, so they went to a conference committee. That's all very normal in the process, and they worked out differences. Now, what it does number one, and most importantly it whatever the voters voted for on issue too, it preserves that of pay because we respect the voters and what they did an issue too. And but we added some protections right, mostly for our kids, and we don't want people driving around smoking joints and being high and you know when they're driving. So that's number one. Number two host community, so all of our communities in the state of Ohio that decided to host a dispensary, so you know, there's a bunch of them in Hamilton County they're going to get. It's the state money. Remember an issue too. They were supposed to get thirty six percent of the revenue and that money has been collected by the state and it's in holding until this bill is going to release that money to our local communities, which by the way, at least in Harrison, they're using that money for our first responders, for our police and fire. And I know a lot of other communities that agreed to have a dispensary are using that money also for our first responders, So that money is going to be released. Thirty six percent of that revenue is going to go back to our locals. Now public safety. What it did was Number one, we are prohibiting smoking in public and intoxication. That makes sense, right, Okay, that's number one. Number two, they cannot package this marijuana or any of any of this using any type of packaging that is attractive to kids. Okay, so think like, you know, you look like gummy bears and you know whatever else they do bright packaging.
Speaker 4: That kids would be attracted to to buy, So.
Speaker 3: Can't do that.
Speaker 7: Of course, all their advertising has to be at least five hundred feet from schools and churches. And then we're talking about you know OVII right, you can't smoke the joint when you're driving, just like you can't drink a beer when you're driving. You can't smoke a joint when you're a passenger, just like you can't drink a beer when you're a passenger. That's going to be of course, kindalyzed criminally, and that helps our law enforcement because at this point, you know, it's like, well, issue too, wasn't really clear. We had to clarify it. So here's the clarification for our law, for our law enforcement. We reduce the THHD potency level to seventy percent for extracts, and then of course maintaining the thirty five percent threshold for the plant material. And employers of course can continue to say, hey, we don't want you to smoke marijuana here while you're working at you know, company, whatever, and they can take appropriate action. You know, So if they come in and they're smoking a joint in the bathroom on their on their break, the employee can of course say that's not allowed here in our policy, and they can go ahead and take appropriate actions from there. Like I said earlier, we're waiting to see what the FEDS do as far as the THHD drinks and all of that. We didn't really see any action on that last night because again we're waiting to see what the FEDS do. And that's it for right now. What questions do you have for me?
Speaker 4: I'll stop there.
Speaker 1: Ryan Diyson ran Dyson fifty West. They're making the intoxicating hemp and fused drinks. What is the status, What is the level of THC content in the cans? That are being sold. I mean, that's a big business in Ohio. What's the status, right.
Speaker 7: So what we did in fifty six, Senator fifty six was and they came to us and we hear in them. Of course, our local dispensaries are our local brewers, which we love. In Hamilton County. They wanted five milligrams of thhd or less to be legal for on premises sale and consumption, which again we all agree with that, and then ten milligrams of casey or higher will be sold to take home because you know, at the end of the day, our folks that own breweries distilleries, I mean they don't want to, of course, have you totally hammered or impaired and drive your car. I mean they can lose everything they have for overserving you. So again we all agree on that, and that's what that's what Senate Bill fifty six did. But again we're in a holding pattern with the FED. So right now they can sell what they're doing right now, and fedes put a year time limit on it. We shall see what happens there, because, as you know, no different than up here in Columbus. When we pass a bill, and sometimes things look great on paper, and then in real life it's like, well, we need to kind of go back and tweak.
Speaker 4: This a little bit.
Speaker 7: And we can because it's called the Ohio Revised Code the RS for revised, which means we can change it. If there's something that's going amiss, you know, in real life, then we can make the change to it.
Speaker 1: So all right, So right now, federally they give a one year time period for hemp infused drinks to clean out the inventory and to get rid of it. In Ohio right now, are you going to wait for the final resolution until three to six months from now? And if the Feds do nothing and keep that the way it is today, then federal law would be sideways with Ohio state law.
Speaker 3: Is that correct?
Speaker 4: Correct?
Speaker 7: So we're waiting to see at this point, at least that's what the decision was at one point thirty last night or this morning.
Speaker 1: This morning, and so at this point and the Senate's not past it, the Governor's not signed it, And if all that happens, then the products being sold at ryan Geist right now are still legal at least for the next ninety days, maybe for a year, based upon what happens in three or four months, we're in a holding pattern to see what happens.
Speaker 3: Is that fair to say?
Speaker 7: That's fair to say yep.
Speaker 1: Now, Secondly, as an attorney that used to do a lot of marijuana work, it was always illegal federally and statewide to possess, to grow, to process, and then to sell marijuana. Right now, federally it is still illegal because there's a Schedule one narcotic similar to cocaine and metha fveetamine and heroin.
Speaker 3: Marijuana is with that group.
Speaker 1: So federally the Feds are saying you can't use it, you can't sell it, can't go across state lines. That's a federal crime. But thirty six states might be thirty seven states now consider it okay to grow it, process it, and sell it. Isn't that kind of ridiculous they have the Feds say that marijuana is a Schedule one narcotic and most of the states say it is not. And couldn't the Feds come in and shut down the whole operation if they wanted to?
Speaker 7: Well, I think what you have to remember, especially in Ohio, the voters have spoken, they have voted for this, and we respect that as the General Assemble, and we have to keep that in mind. So if it were up to me, look, I voted no for what it's worth. I mean, look a former police officer, it is what it is. That's how I feel about it. But the voters have spoken and they voted for it. So as a lawmaker, I respect that and I voted for this bill because again, it is legal in Ohio. The voters voted for it. So what we did here is just put some guardrails again, protecting kids, protecting public safety, making sure that you're not going to be smoking and driving, just like you can't drink and drive. So at the end of the day, that's what I'm focused on. And yes, we shall see what the feeds do, but I think they need to do with the program quite frankly, and look at what the states are doing. That's my opinion as a state lawmaker.
Speaker 1: So when I asked Senator John Houstad or Bernie Marino, I talked to jd Vance about this, he said, there's no appetite in Washington to change that. So it's like, okay, well, I think that people have spoken, which is consider marijuana to be not dissimilar to alcohol. It needs to be, yes, league, but regulated I think that in Ohio it's about a billion dollars in sales every year, generating about one hundred million dollars in taxes on marijuana. But it just seems odd that if the Feds want to shut down the whole deal, they can. So if someone lives in Boone County and wants to drive to Hamlin A County to buy marijuana and drive back, that's the same as buying heroin and driving back. It's like twenty years in prison. And this is complete disrespect for the law. Now, secondly, you have a drug trafficking bill. Explain that to the American people.
Speaker 7: Well, I'm going to say one more thing about this, and I agree with everything you just said about that. And here's what I think the FEDS need to keep in mind, because this is what we kept in mind here. Look, we have to have some standard, right, So our breweries, our distilleries, they have standards. Our dispensaries have standards. So that's what we are looking at here. It's not just the wild West and you can do whatever you want. There are standards that you follow, and if you don't follow the standards and the rules, then you could lose your license, which means you can be shut down.
Speaker 4: So that's that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll see what happens with that. Now, what about the Drug Trafficking.
Speaker 7: Bill, Well, the Drug Trafficking Bill we passed last night House till eighty eight, which we passed through the House last year, also went to the Senate. Ran out of time over there. But basically, what it does, and this was an idea that I had after I came back from the Southern border with our dear friend, Sheriff Jones, and so basically, it ramps up all the penalties on these drug traffickers, specifically with spentanyl and meth and stamine. So we raised all the penalties and we put specifications in there that if you knowingly kill, so you knowingly sell someone a drug that has spentanyl in it and they die, you have five additional years that you're going to serve the five year speck. And again we ramped it up with the penalties. I'm sick and tired of them. I'm sick and tired of the death. I'm sick and tired of our law enforcement again going out there doing a great job arresting these drug traffickers and they're literally out, you know, because yeah, penalty is ours strong enough, so they're going to be now all right.
Speaker 1: And that's as the governor has everyone agreed to sign. That is that the law currently or said to be determined.
Speaker 7: No, the Senate has to take it up after we get back in that from holiday Thanksgiving, and that they're going to take it up and then we'll see what the Senate does with it. And I'm sure the governor will sign it because you know he's so he's pro law enforcement, pro public safety.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, sendy abras back to work. I'm glad you're reporting back to the American people. And politically, I've heard rumors you may run for US Congress. There's a new district. Any any truth to the rumors you might try to try to go to the Congress.
Speaker 7: I love the rumors.
Speaker 4: Everybody likes to.
Speaker 7: What I think is funny about this, Willie is when they they say, oh, yeah, we heard you run for Congress, and I laughed. I'm like, am I wow, I didn't even know that. So yeah, No, I'm going to focus on the job I'm doing right now as a State rep for the west time west side western portion of Hamilton County District twenty I'm going to focus on my job right now.
Speaker 1: Could you beat Greg Landsman if you had to? Well?
Speaker 7: Listen, I look at my results from last time, and my team worked very hard back in the primary and the general we won by twenty and eighteen points. So you're knocking out work team, Abrams, I can.
Speaker 4: Tell you that.
Speaker 1: Sidney Abrams, good luck to you and thanks for reporting back to the American people. Sidney Abrams, thank.
Speaker 3: You very much.
Speaker 4: Have a good day.
Speaker 1: God bless you. Let's continue with more there. It is till one thirty this morning, and now things are as clear as mud on news Radio seven hundred wl ME.
Speaker 9: Is it hard sometimes you feel like with with who you are and like that you're restricted to not like you're it's hard for you to do these things because of, you know, the repercussions that may come with doing you know, kind of loosey goosey kind of podcasts.
Speaker 3: Yes, and no, you know I'm gonna walk out of here. I'm going we have Joe's best interest in mine.
Speaker 10: I'm pretty good at understanding what I'm want to say and verbalizing it the way that i want to, so I'm not so much worried about that.
Speaker 6: It's just I'm not.
Speaker 10: I'm not really a big fan of the whole. I love playing football, but I don't like everything that comes with it a lot.
Speaker 3: So you don't you don't like Do you like the attention?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 6: I hate it?
Speaker 9: Hate it meaning what you don't like to like? Do you get anxiety from it? Do you get like?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 10: I get I get anxiety and like going out and have him take pictures with all these people.
Speaker 3: And I love it.
Speaker 10: I love the fans, and I'm you know, very appreciative of everybody. But you know, it's a lot sometimes.
Speaker 1: Hello, I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 3: What what the hell was that?
Speaker 1: Who's the podcaster with Joe Burrow?
Speaker 3: Who is that? Hello? Who is that? I have no idea? Se won't you get him on your podcast?
Speaker 1: On your do you have a podcast?
Speaker 3: No, I'm all I need let me ask you a question.
Speaker 1: What Joe Burrow, according to Tom Brenneman, is gonna play on Sunday against against the Patriots.
Speaker 3: Is that a good move?
Speaker 1: I mean the segment says no, unless they win the next seven games in a row, is that possible?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: Does Joe Burrow play nose guard?
Speaker 4: No? No?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't play linebacker? He did play linebacker in high school, so maybe, but I don't know. I I guess everything was thrown off because the initial reports when he when the toe was injured was this is very, very serious. It's complicated, it's complex, And now all of a sudden, he's back, like way ahead of schedule. Now if he's I guess if he feels perfectly fine, he's strong, he's in shape. He seems at least, so it seems at least a weaker.
Speaker 1: I'm supposed to play to the middle of December, right second? Wasn't that the original thought?
Speaker 3: Thanksgiving? Everybody thought thanks Giving Day?
Speaker 1: What happens? I hate to say this. We got the toe, the caf, the knee, got the wrist, got the appendix, What happened?
Speaker 3: Shoulder?
Speaker 5: Head?
Speaker 3: Shoulder?
Speaker 1: What happens if there's another injury to Joe Burke? Can I say that or not?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Okay? As I always say, injuries breed other injuries, and if you're not, you got something that's ailing you, especially in your lower half. That usually leads to something else, which leads to something else. Now, hopefully he's a hundred percent fine and if he should play, he'll be good to go. But it makes you nervous, makes me nervous. Well.
Speaker 1: According to according to seg Man, Flaco didn't throw any passes. Jake's throwing today. He's throwing today, Yes, maybe he's throwing. Is Burrow throwing today?
Speaker 3: Yes? What about Flacco? He's throwing today? What about Jake the snake, He's standing there, not throwing any passes.
Speaker 1: What about Clifford the big red dog?
Speaker 3: That's what they need? I don't know. I guess he's just gotta standing a round.
Speaker 1: Who's starting, seg You should know? I say it's Burrow Rock.
Speaker 3: What do you say? They need a win? Stir it up, let's go.
Speaker 1: You're gonna have Steve Speck on sometime this afternoon. He's coming on at four, right after class. What does he say about Burrow?
Speaker 3: I he didn't ask him about. He got another you got a little game he's kind of concerned with. He's taking up all his time print twenty three to nothing halftime, and and and they won the game. They won the game. Crazy. I remember seeing it score. So I was at Rupp Arena last Friday watching the basketball game I got the first time I got. I got to go to rupt because we were there. Called the football game. But there I was watching the sant Xmuller game on my phone getting updates on the Elder Princeton game. I saw it score and I was like, wow, I can't be right. That's a miss print. Miss print, can't be right. Twenty three nothing and then they won. They won. Impossible. Did Princeton trash the locker room at Elbert? They they did not?
Speaker 4: Did not.
Speaker 3: Sure. Yes, well, let me ask you this to taft thrash the locker room at inn't in Hill. Whatever what the reports are is, to some degree they did. There was some prior damage, but there there's also some damage they happened after that then.
Speaker 1: Put up the drywall. They added some more damage. I'm not saying that there were two or three players. According to uh the superintendent of Schools and CPS. She said, two or three out of maybe forty. Oh you know there's always two or three. You were probably one of those more forties on our team right deer Park. We have twenty two.
Speaker 3: That's all we need. Twenty two good players. Twenty two good ones. Do all those kids live in the district? I can't say give me some sports, will he? The stooge reporters of Proud Service. Don't tell me that. What about where they come from? Enrollment open it?
Speaker 1: Don't talk to me about opening will he the studge reporters of Proud Service over your local Thamestar Heating get air conditioning dealers. Thamestar quality you could feel in Cincinnati called Stacey Heating Get Air Solutions five one, three, three six seven h E. A team brought two fifty thousand illegal truck drivers are operating rigs and they can't read it, the English all over the country because the criminal records. Yeah, and it's like, well, here's the story out of Pennsylvania. They're finding Pennsylvania one hundred million dollars until you clean up the CDLs. California is the worst. They have companies to hire illegals pocket lots of money as the owners work them to death.
Speaker 3: They violate all the rules.
Speaker 1: They're causing accidents and they can't read What would the truck and Bozo say, he'd.
Speaker 3: Be going crazy. Shouldn't everybody be for that? Not Democrats? They're against that.
Speaker 1: Why they want illegals who can't read English to drive eighty thousand pound merchants of death called trucks? What would Boso say he'd go crazy illegals, And you have Democrats saying I think I got to work somewhere. How about working use Becca stand instead of Pennsylvania?
Speaker 3: Does that make sense?
Speaker 1: And companies that give the freight to these companies, they better check it out. They have liability if you hand out your freight.
Speaker 3: I think they would not want to do that.
Speaker 1: I would think Corporate America says, are they doing it?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: Probably the dough Ray and the me somehow being goes money is invol money, money, money, and my hate money. I hate money. I don't want to work for money. High school football?
Speaker 5: Will you?
Speaker 3: Let's see.
Speaker 1: Mike Dyer of Channel nine reports approximately sixteen thousand, four hundred plus tickets have been sold so far for tomorrow night's big game at pay Horse Stadium, Panthers. What about the girls wrestling team and Mason that's angry about? Have you heard this story? No, the girls wrestling team, I didn't think there was such a thing. Although we hid in the girls state champion wrestlers from Kentucky, I might recall, I think so.
Speaker 3: In the Harrison girls wrestling Uh, you don't want me to ask the question, do you? You didn't even ask it yet, what's the question.
Speaker 1: The Mason Girls High School wrestling team is in charge of fundraising for this game.
Speaker 3: So they went out.
Speaker 1: The coach went out and the girls and they have concessionaires putting in four thousand dollars for the product. They got hot dogs, they got buns, they got fretzees, they got pup, they got everything.
Speaker 3: Now the left holding the bag with.
Speaker 1: Four thousand wieners, and the girls wrestling coach is saying, where's your where's your where's your money?
Speaker 3: Now? You know what, have a picnic out there? Brook.
Speaker 1: You have disrupted Mason girls wrestling. Would you care to apologize for that?
Speaker 3: No, there's gonna be a place they can donate that stuff. The state's gonna for the fridge, the step.
Speaker 1: The fridge, you know what, the cold I don't know. It's okay, isn't it. I think that I'm just saying, don't you feel bad about this?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Yeah? Yeah? What about?
Speaker 1: Steve Speck asked him about that, as him about the hot and eld are gonna pay Mason, gonna the girls wrestling team.
Speaker 3: It's just getting off the ground. This was the big event and you took it away from this geting off the ground. Look at you in Belasen. I'm just saying that saw. It'll be okay, okay, and it's gonna be fine.
Speaker 1: I'm told there's a pants sale at Elder half off.
Speaker 3: Is that true or not? Have you heard about this one? I'm not stepping to that one.
Speaker 1: Please continue, Willie. Let's see what else? College basketball?
Speaker 5: Tonight?
Speaker 1: You got MKU in Central Michigan at six thirty. Yet speak about this in fifteen thirty. Barrick Hats and Cardinals battle it out tomorrow night downtown West Viler Shoe Live for the Ridge of Montgomery in tonight at eight o five. After you, guys, will you be there tomorrow night for a Saint x An Elder No, I have a game at Alabama on Saturday. Loose tomorrow roll tied. I'll be watching the game and monitoring all things simultaneously. I'll be watching the Anderson Trotwood game, all of them.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm not getting enough credit for this, would you agree? Give me some more sports? Also, Willie?
Speaker 1: At college football Dabo Sweeney, Oh oh, say Harly talking with Arkansas a lot their head football coaching John.
Speaker 3: You don't want me, I'll go somewhere else. See who was it? Ross Dellinger said it was gonna be Ryan Silverfield, who I agree with. I think he's a great coach. Memphisis coach. Where's he going?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: I thought he was going to Arkansas, but it was one of those deals where like, okay, they can't say it. What about now? Maybe not?
Speaker 1: Maybe Freeman's gonna go to LSU? Is that possible?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 1: Looking Brian, he left Notre Dame.
Speaker 3: Oh oh my god, they would they would never what would a let him leave?
Speaker 4: Never?
Speaker 3: What' he doing? I don't know the ls he's gonna get? Who do you think?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 4: I think?
Speaker 3: What Lane Kiffin? That that they sent a plane going everywhere?
Speaker 4: Of course he is.
Speaker 3: He's not going to go anywhere, I don't think. But he's gonna leverage it for some more. Dough Ray and me.
Speaker 1: He's only making eight million, he's gonna get ten to twelve million easily. And Mississippi's not as good as school for football as LSU or Florida. However, he's happy there.
Speaker 3: But it's a I've been to a game there. That place is great, great campus, it's you know, it's there's no bs and you know, city crap all around it. You seek what you have? Right, what do you want in you can? And then old miss he doesn't you know, he doesn't have to win ten games every single yearl you do.
Speaker 1: Florida absolutely, Notre Dame absolutely in Mississippi the home of the race.
Speaker 3: Getting great recruits and all that regional recruiting stuff and isn't quite as important because it just matters that they want another number. As long as you have as long as you have a you know, you have a situation where you have the nil mone you.
Speaker 1: Can recruit anywhere. Rock Weiss in life, which you have. You've told me that once or twice. Don't seek what you have seg you know what I'm saying. Do you have what you want in your life?
Speaker 3: Let's see.
Speaker 1: Well the MLS action on Sunday five o'clock. Here we go FC Cincinnati and Messi goes up against Miami in the Eastern Conference Final. I told Mike McConnell when we're both going to GN in Chicago, I said, Mike.
Speaker 3: I have what I seek. So he didn't want to go. I didn't want to go. Not before you leverage that to get more money here, say give me some more, Say give me some more. Also, well, let's see. Good luck to Zeger.
Speaker 1: Will he's twenty second twenty second rates as Zeger Musketeers. They are taking on twelve three D until management. Did you know what will it take to keep you and I get the number? I said that and he said okay. I said, Mike, guess what I'm standing on principal. I'm staying right here in my hometown.
Speaker 3: Yeah, makes sense, right, it's standing on the Benjamins principal with an al at the end, not L E A L. Right, please continue, will you?
Speaker 1: Xavier and Colorado getting ready to go at it in the second round of the NCAA College Soccer Tournament.
Speaker 3: I want to take a higher road. You wouldn't let me go ahead? Say that's it?
Speaker 1: What about MESSI give me Messy, Talk to me about MESSI. He's coming here, right, yeah, coming Sunday. It's a big game. Is it a match or a pitch or what was the pitch? Eastern Conference Final one game is at it, winner go home.
Speaker 3: We're in the Eastern Conference.
Speaker 1: So when we get done, when we sit here on Monday, here we go, oh boy number one. We want Bengals to win, Yes, we want f C to win.
Speaker 3: We want the bear Cat. The bear Cats to win, and we want l arms to win. We want what happened to.
Speaker 1: My signed from Elder of my hundred anniversary? He tore off the walls?
Speaker 3: Why do you put it? He walks on it?
Speaker 1: In fact, he wiped his feet on the elder side. They gave that to me when I was there.
Speaker 3: Where is it? Why did you take it off the wall? Not do such things? Sloan did it Sloan and wiped his feet on it? Something else with it? And Julie LEAs came in.
Speaker 1: That dog, That dog wiped his ass right on the elder sign, and I said, that is disgusting.
Speaker 3: Disgusting anyway, what do you go with the big shore? I don't know. No, we got we got a Patriots a beat writer coming out of gate at three o'clock talking about the big Patriots v. Bengals game. Got a fitness guy PJ. Street at four o'clock, got Steve Speck at four thirty five. Will leave it done with class by then?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think he's gonna take a little break up. What about elder pants half off this weekend only? And also don't forget Indian Hills in it. Anderson in it and Middletown's in it. Did tamp destroyed the locker room? Yes or no go raptors of Anderson raptors and Trotwood Madison hardly ever loses to anybody from Cincinnati, though.
Speaker 3: It all stops on Friday.
Speaker 1: You want to make me a bet, I'll take Trotwood Madison hot, but Sunday and I'm taking don't forget. I got elder that you wipe your feet on their flag, and you got saying next no points, that many money giving you one point?
Speaker 3: No, no, straight up, all right, straight up, all right. And we got Jason hoffin at five o'clock with all the NFL on Monday. I know a lot about Joe Burrow. Will he survived?
Speaker 5: What it?
Speaker 1: Don't say it, don't say it, can't say it, I can't say say give me out of the Stude's report. We wish him good health. If he can play nose gar nose tackle and linebacker would make a difference. Well you in honor of a cloudy and foggy day here in the Tri State, on this on this Thursday, it's awful. We leave you with the immortal words of the stud.
Speaker 3: When I say something I mean it.
Speaker 1: Dick Cheney is wine dined in pocket line and death when in life the Democrats could not say worse things about him and he refused to let Trump and Vance come to his funeral. Now he's wine dining in pocket line. I couldn't care less about that guy politically. I hope he's in heaven above. But yeah, it was a terrible vice president awful and Bush forty three was awful.
Speaker 4: Can I say that? Yes?
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 3: It's like, oh, will you be here on Monday? I will.
Speaker 1: We're going to have the result, pick up the pieces. Write him down segment, Write him Down. I got you on seven hundred WLW