Speaker 1: It's Mojo. In the morning, we're gonna talk about Anna and meeting somebody that wanted you to be part of what an open relationship? Is that right? I think? How did this come about?
Speaker 2: I was outside this weekend and on Friday I met a man organically.
Speaker 1: We were out at a bar.
Speaker 2: Like it wasn't someone sliding into my DMS. This was like real life, and we kind of hit it off, like we were talking all night.
Speaker 1: I liked him a lot.
Speaker 2: He was very cute, successful, and we exchanged numbers. And then Saturday afternoon we were talking on the phone and he says, all right, like before I officially take you out on a date, like I have to tell you something. I'm like, oh gosh, here it comes. And he tells me that he is in an open relationship and he has a partner, a female and a daughter with her, and he just wanted to make sure I was okay with that, which I'm not okay with. But I did some digging because I was like, this is interesting to me, like I don't hear about these things a lot. And I find out that this is more of like a Nick Cannon situation where she does not his partner does not date anyone else, but he is allowed to date and uh, you know, go out with other women. And she's fine with it, Like he was telling me, if it will.
Speaker 1: Is she really? He said, so that's.
Speaker 2: What I said. I was like, there's no way she's cool with it, and he said that listen, like we can all three go out if you want to meet her. You can go out and get coffee with her, Like she is totally okay with this, and I would love for you to meet her.
Speaker 1: You gotta do it. No, you gotta do it just to talk to you exactly, just to get her perspective. You have to set up for the coffee.
Speaker 2: She's already not interested, Like I not do it because she's interested.
Speaker 1: Do it? You can sit out and talk to this a woman and understand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And then he told me all about her, like this woman seems like a badass, like also super successful, and I'm just like, why is she okay with this? And he's like, she she's comfortable with me providing for her and like we love each other, but I just know that I need more than one person. And he's like, she's even open to me having children with other women.
Speaker 1: Wow, Okay, I know this. I mean, I know it's a thing. We've talked about it before. I always have heard people in those kind of relationships it's kind of like we can bring them in, but they've got to bring him into the relationship for each other. And then I've also heard people that say the like the whole Nick Cannon thing where you have multiple kids with multiple people. I've not heard many women that would put up with that. Is I once it comes, once it goes to financial potentially me you supporting a child that's not your child. I would think that most women would say quality time. You think your kid's not going to get the attention that.
Speaker 2: They deserve well, and you exactly like I That's what I told him. I just know that I need all the at I want to be the priority and like our family. But he's still very persistent. Even after I told him like I don't think I could do that, He's like, Okay, do you mind if we just like talk and build a friendship and see where it goes.
Speaker 1: I wonder if there's two things I have on this one. Number one, is this really his setup or is he a married guy flirting with a girl at a bar saying if you look me on social media, you might see another person. I'm gonna try to explain that he wants them to talk. Well, let's truly see if he really wants them to talk. If you say, yeah, let's talk to her, call her right now. The second thing is what kind of self esteem does a woman have knowing that she is not the one, she's one of the.
Speaker 2: Ones because she's fine with it, Like you, can.
Speaker 1: You think that's a high self esteem or low self confident woman, or like you should go ahead. I think that's somebody that's I don't know. I would I would say the opposite. Okay, interesting, but let's talk to her. Let's call he got his number, let's call him up. I'd love to have these people call up. I think you got to go to lunchto or coffee or whatever.
Speaker 2: I am just interested in the dynamic, Like this is very interesting to me.
Speaker 1: Read of meataglasses. Yeah, hey, Derek.
Speaker 3: Was doing this because he was actually trying to get Derek.
Speaker 1: Let me let me first intro you. Let me let me first say hello to you. Derek. What's going on? What's your comments on this?
Speaker 3: So my comment on that is like, honestly, like I was approaching stuff like that in Houston. And it was really weird because what it was an older man came to me in a bar and pointed out a younger female like she was like really his younger and then he was trying to get me to go out with her.
Speaker 1: And then I found out they were married. So wait, the guy came to you Like that would weird me out if all of a sudden some guy comes to me. I guarantee he has a chair.
Speaker 3: He just started like talking about this chicken like in the corner like that, Like I'm new to Houston. I was like twenty four to twenty five years old. I was, ayah, she's gorgeous. I'm down there. I'm seeing one in big city and everything like that, and like he just kept on talking about that check and I was like, man, I was like, yeah, there's more girls like this, Rodney, I might have a fun time in Houston, you know. And he goes, well, that's actually wife and you know she's actually looking to go out on a date with you and everything like that cause she saw you walk in.
Speaker 1: Man. Oh man, that's what happened. I'd get nerve, I'd get booby stomach.
Speaker 3: I thought I thought it was a joke. At first, I thought, oh damn, I walked into a swinger bar or something like that, because I, like, you know, New Big City.
Speaker 1: I didn't know.
Speaker 3: And uh, at first I was like kind of weird it out. But I actually did go on the date with her. Wow, and uh, actually really cool, really great. But at that time of my life I was wanting more, Like I wanted to have like a wife and kids.
Speaker 1: I've never been buried.
Speaker 3: I wanted the white and kids like that. After I went on a date with her, I said, you know, this is really cool and all that stuff.
Speaker 1: I was like, but I don't think I could do it either. So you went on a date with her? Yeah, I did. Wow. How far did he get? Did leave with each other?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Did he check in during the date, like while you guys were together.
Speaker 3: Well, he might have checked in with her because like she would looking at her bone and here and there and stuff like that. Boy he was he was an older guy and she.
Speaker 1: Was a younger woman.
Speaker 3: And then what it was that I guess he couldn't provide for her in some ways that he wanted.
Speaker 1: What way are we talking? Yes, listen, I don't think I provide in ways like that for Chelsea. But I let me some other dude go in there. That's craziness, what a what a story, Derek weird it now?
Speaker 3: And I ended up leaving the lower But I mean.
Speaker 1: Could you imagine this at time? Oh my god, Joe's in an open relationship? Are you a male or female? Joe?
Speaker 4: I'm female and very queer.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, so Joe, you open your How open are you and your relationship?
Speaker 4: So I'm in a committed relationship. I have a fiance. We each have two biological children. We have lived together for a couple of years, raising our family together, and we have an open relationship and we give each other.
Speaker 5: Freedom to to go and to do those things.
Speaker 4: And you know, it's not it's not a self esteem issue. If anything, it's it's really more of I respect myself and yourself so much to go out and have your own freedom, and we trust communication and honesty. And you know, you can have a love of your life, but you might have more than one, or you might just have fun.
Speaker 1: And it's nice to how many people can you actually love? I want to know, Joe.
Speaker 4: I think that it could be whatever is right for you and as many kinds of.
Speaker 1: Love and how do you choose who you're going to stay with that night?
Speaker 4: So I have there's any forms of polyamory, open relationships, and everybody does it in a different way. There's names for them in terms from the polyamorous community is actually really huge in Metro Detroit. My form of polyamory is that I have my primary relationship with my family and then uh, I'm allowed to see other partners. My fiancee can see other partners and we just kind of seed from there and talk about it. If we meet somebody.
Speaker 1: And do you have children?
Speaker 4: You know, so the one the one you're yep, so we have we don't have shared children together. My partner is actually a transman, so we're both you know, we have our own biological children them as a family. And so there's actually a name, so when you're willing to meet the other person's partner, it's called kitchen table Polly, and it just means that you know, yes, we date separately, but you're welcome to know the other people in my life.
Speaker 1: Real quick job. Do the kids find it to be a thing that's confusing or no?
Speaker 5: So for us, our children can meet people that we're seeing, but we don't actively PDA in front of the children. So it's just here's a person that comes over, and this and that and which.
Speaker 1: In the so they never see you guys. Are they never see you guys physically touching.
Speaker 4: The intimate with other people.
Speaker 1: That's just what works for us.
Speaker 4: But there are plenty of people out there who actively do allow their children to see that their parents are in an open relationship. And part of that is you don't teaching them. You know that this is okay. There's so many forms of relationships, but it's not I'm not Yeah.
Speaker 1: I got a quick question. Is there a way you can get all of them to be a Mojo in the morning listener? Like we need more listeners. I like the people in these relationships. Having all these people that are there you could actually be a benefit to us. Can you get them all to listen to the podcast today with you on there?
Speaker 5: I'll miss it.
Speaker 4: I'll message some people and I'm actually called in about being in an open relationship before.
Speaker 5: And I think people.
Speaker 4: Need to know that it's just it is good, a preferred thing. And so myself and my fiance we came from fifteen year monogamous marriages that didn't work out, and sometimes you know, when you live your life committing to this one person, when you come out of that, you're like, hey, I'm a multifaceted person and that didn't work for me. That's just.
Speaker 1: I feel I think Chelsea would be okay with it too. I don't think she would want to take part, but I think she'd be okay with it. Anybody that you know had to put up with me. Joe, please get them all to listen.
Speaker 4: I appreciate you letting me to the side of the other half.
Speaker 2: Thank you for educate.
Speaker 1: Appreciate you. Thank you, Joe. Hold On ninety day fiance Dana ninety day Dana's on with us right now? You had something? Would not? You know Chelsea too well? Dana? Uh, what is your thing for Anna? What do you want to say, Donna?
Speaker 4: I'm just I would really like for Anna, just out of curiosity.
Speaker 3: Let's let's do this date man and then and then report back to us, like maybe Thursday or Friday.
Speaker 1: Second date, second date? You got a deadline? Should I okay?
Speaker 2: Let's just say if I do go through with this, do you think I should just meet up with the girl or should I bring him with?
Speaker 1: Because he said he could do the girl. Why I said both both the girl. I feel like I'm a sister.
Speaker 2: Wife at that point, like just out with my man and his woman and me.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I love it. I love it. It's the second day, second date. Second all right, take care of yourself,