Speaker 1: I want to ask you, guys, if you think that my friend is an a hole for this. I got a phone call from an unnamed friend who called me up and said, Hey, want to take out some friends looking to go to And it's a restaurant that is owned by a very big fan of the Mojo in the Morning show, like somebody that loves this radio program, loves you know, me and Shannon and keV and Anna and all everybody here, and was wondering if you could make a phone call to get a reservation because they looked on Rezi or one of those sites open table and they couldn't get it. So I said, okay, no problem, So I got them a reservation. They went and ate there. Here's where the problem arises. The owner of the restaurant calls me up like, actually it was a day ago, so they were their last last week and says, hey, can you do me a favor? So what's that your friends that you got the reservation for an eight hare left us a one star review on Google and just trashed our restaurant.
Speaker 2: No, how do they know that it was your friend though?
Speaker 1: Because they saw the person's Google profile and saw that that was they noticed the name they actually first off, ninety percent or night, You're right, ninety nine percent of the people that do a Google review are probably honestly people that are just looking at trash people like I don't think people write good reviews anymore. But the other thing, too, is it's pretty amazing that they wrote a bad review and they were able to be noticed on the review.
Speaker 2: Have you guys ever done a review?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, many types. I mine are ninety percent good. One time I had and that was actually very recently when we were out of town anyway, but I had a terrible experience and I did write about it because I was so disappointed. But other than that, I've only written like great reviews.
Speaker 1: The problem, the problem with bad reviews is it it takes like five years to get rid of the bad review that came, and you can have eight thousand good reviews like I think that, And honestly, I say this to you, I don't even look at reviews because I won't even I don't even I'm not going to judge anybody.
Speaker 2: I'll judge for myself.
Speaker 1: But this, can you believe that that I and did a favor for him and instead of just calling me and saying, yeah, we had a bad experience.
Speaker 3: That's where my mind is blown, because it's like when you sit there and weigh your options of Okay, I had a bad experience. That sucks, but I'm going to put it out there and jeopardize my friendship with you. Mojo who got me the reservation just because I want to write this review to benefit whom?
Speaker 1: Friday night six thirty five or whatever he wanted. He's like, I want a reservation. I said what time he wants reservation for? He's like six thirty five? I go, six thirty five. You don't do sixty six thirty?
Speaker 2: Then? Yeah? Maybe? And was there?
Speaker 1: Oh I called them to you. So I called him yesterday and I said, here's the deal. Take down that gg thing. I said, Oh my god, I said to him, I go listen, I won't ever talk to you ever again. I said, I went out on a uh I went out on a limb. And he goes, well, let me tell you. I go, I don't even want to tear it from you. I really don't want to hear it from you, because here's the deal. You had a problem. You should have dealt with the person. But you understand this is a business owner. This is a person that you know, listen, our friendly with a lot of people are getting crazy with the restaurant owners, thinking that these restaurant owners are charging the prices that they're charging because they're making bajillions of dollars. It's hard out there because everything's expensive and they've got obviously not you know, take it in the shorts. This guy's going to take it in the shorts off of this, uh this Google review or whatever?
Speaker 2: Can you say? What is saying? Experience? Well, his experience.
Speaker 1: His experience was he had something that they had to send back and he didn't like the He didn't like the one that came out, and they said that they redid a whole meal, and he said, I don't think they redid it. I think they just put it back on the grill. I know for a fact they didn't do that. I knew it for a fact that they're not the type of people that if they had a bad, bad thing, they're not going to send something bad out twice.
Speaker 3: But also, why are you writing a review when you have a direct line to the owner of the restaurant?
Speaker 2: You well, that was you know that's the case. Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: For the reservation. We didn't actually have the greatest experience. If you want to pass along just so he could, you know, make it. Yeah, here's the feedback.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I got to tell you this reminds me of this. I'll never do anything for anybody anymore. And the reason why I'm going to say this no ready for this one. So another friend and this was maybe ten years ago, had seasoned tickets to uh the Tigers, said to me, Hey, I got a pair of tickets. You want these tickets or four tickets. Actually gave it to he gave it to me, and I gave it to another person. That person went to the game and ended up getting acting a fool and they threatened to take the season tickets away from him because of the people that sat in those seats. So that was one of those situations that win like if you're guessed, like, yeah, think about this. Think think of you had a home and you were letting somebody like stay in your home. You know, hey, you know you want to stay there or whatever, and then they trash it. That's kind of what you're doing in these.
Speaker 4: You got to treat it better than you would your home. Yeah, you know what I mean, like, that's how I saw you go. You handle somebody else stuff, you got to treat it better than you would your own. Yeah, there's a different level of it because you're not just representing yourself at that point, you represent whoever served you.
Speaker 1: I will tell you this, like if if one of you guys, and you guys all have really nice friends and stuff, but if you said to me, hey, I have a I say to you, hey, will you do me a favor?
Speaker 2: Kevin?
Speaker 1: Will you call you know, your your friends and get me something? And I have a bad experience or it's not as great of an experience, I'm probably not even gonna say anything about it.
Speaker 2: Because I don't because I just don't.
Speaker 1: Even want it to be an issue, you know what I mean, Like, I don't even want I don't want to cause you any grief out out of the whole deal.
Speaker 3: Like you did something nice for me.
Speaker 2: Eric. What's up? Eric? Are you doing?
Speaker 5: I'm doing well? How are you?
Speaker 2: Guys?
Speaker 5: Are talking about leaving reviews and whatnot? Yeah, so usually I try to leave like good reviews.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 5: Recently, wait, am I on the radio right now?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes? Oh, shoot, okay, I left the review.
Speaker 5: Anonymously because I go to this restaurant all the time. It's fantastic restaurant.
Speaker 2: But I did find.
Speaker 5: Out that there was something I did not particularly care about. And because when I would ask the server, I was like, hey, do you want me to leave cash or card? Which one do you prefer? Because I know, like whatever, some people prefer other stuff. And they said, well, I always I prefer cash. Because the owner of the restaurant started charging us a three percent transaction feet on our tips, and I was very upset.
Speaker 2: I was like no, and I left it.
Speaker 5: I even said, I was like, hey, I come here all the times. Great restaurant, great food, great great drinks, great service, great everything and everything. But I was a little bit disappointed about this specific aspect. So and and but that was my line to the owner because I don't have a direct connection to the owner. For that was my line.
Speaker 7: And I and also too, I love I love the four star review.
Speaker 5: I was like, you know, what.
Speaker 2: This thing?
Speaker 1: Do you know if that's the case, If that's true though, do you know if that that is.
Speaker 3: From one of the employees.
Speaker 7: Oh, that that one is a foul true?
Speaker 2: And I know that it's never anywhere else and that's why I was I was floored.
Speaker 1: The reason why I asked if that's true, because sometimes the employee is like, hey, if you give me cash, like looking at it as an opportunity to get Yeah. I didn't know if they were no, they were giving you uh no when they're lying or something. I forget what the I forget what the word is. There's like the word you know somebody is like giving you no.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I've heard a friend say.
Speaker 3: Something, you are turning into an ninety year old man, already know these old fashioned I already am.
Speaker 1: I'm Benjamin Button. I look good for my age. What's going on?
Speaker 2: Maria?
Speaker 5: Hey? How are you?
Speaker 7: Good morning?
Speaker 2: Mojo?
Speaker 3: Hey, I just want to say second time, long time I missed.
Speaker 5: My chance.
Speaker 2: The good morning everyone, good morning? What's going on? Saying nothing?
Speaker 6: I was just calling in about the reviews.
Speaker 5: I do a lot of Google reviews for the places that I travel with my daughter with softball, and I.
Speaker 7: Don't like to leave bad reviews because I feel like you have to.
Speaker 2: Have a little grace for people.
Speaker 7: You know, if they're having a bad day. You can't blame someone for someone else's something. A server brings out something.
Speaker 2: Bad the cook made. You know, you can't blame the surfer.
Speaker 7: So like when I go to an establishment, I always try to always leave a good review, of course, unless it's.
Speaker 5: Blatant, but even then I'll just walk away.
Speaker 7: It's like, Okay, well, whatever.
Speaker 5: You do your thing, I'm gonna do my thing, but.
Speaker 7: I ain't gonna do my thing at your thing anymore. So, you know, I just try to make people feel good.
Speaker 2: You off.
Speaker 3: The one bad review I left, Yeah, I was the.
Speaker 7: Same, unless you have someone who is like blatant and rude and.
Speaker 3: Just intentional and their nest.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, yeah, thanks Maria.
Speaker 7: But other than that, you know, just have a little grace for keeople that far.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you so much. Should we shout out some good businesses? Who would you like to shout?
Speaker 4: Shout out my boy Randy d He run a bunch of stuff that Adelina went in his spots. Shout out Randy, amazing guy, amazing place, amazing service.
Speaker 2: Can you get reservations there? If we need a reservation, you let me know. I'll see what I can. I'll give a good review. What's up, Toddy morning, guys.
Speaker 5: How're we doing today?
Speaker 2: What's going on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm just wondering if with the three percent. You know, some businesses will charge a three percent transaction feed for like the credit card.
Speaker 2: I hate when they do if they're adding that, you know, like because if you add the tip to your bill, right then.
Speaker 5: That would been the three percent would probably come off that too, right.
Speaker 1: I hate when you go somewhere and you decide that you're going to carry Visa or whatever as your credit card company that you carry, and then you say, yeah, if you use your credit card, you're gonna have to pay three more percent. I'd rather have them just hide it somewhere else because I think when they do that to me, I feel like calling Visa and saying to Visa, hey.
Speaker 2: These guys are basically saying, don't pay with you express.
Speaker 1: Well, I always I we'll see it with Visa, and I saw the at A.
Speaker 2: I won't say they're a client to.
Speaker 3: This, which I always likes because I get points. But I get so mad they.
Speaker 2: Did it to me. I didn't have the cash.
Speaker 1: I'm like, all right, I guess I'm paying three percent of this was up keysy or kissy.
Speaker 6: So my ex husband to believe date Google reviews about me on my work Toogle review page.
Speaker 2: Your time. Your ex husband did what?
Speaker 6: He leaves google Google reviews of me on my work Google?
Speaker 2: But he did not how to What did you do for a living?
Speaker 6: Multiple? Multiple?
Speaker 2: Wow? What kind of work did you do?
Speaker 6: I'm a little.
Speaker 2: Reception you're a one receptionist? Yeah? Huh. By the way, what is the noise that you're Where are you right now?
Speaker 1: She's oh, she's working. Oh, okay, your phone's in Okay. Wow, that's it. So he was basically trying to get you in trouble doing it.
Speaker 3: That's why you do have to be cautious with reviews because a lot of them are fake, and it's businesses writing terrible reviews about their competitors.
Speaker 2: And what's up? Andy? Hi? Andy? Hello? Yes? Andy? What's going on? Yes? Andy? And I don't know if I can hear you? Andy, what's going on? Okay?
Speaker 7: I hear you?
Speaker 2: Okay. I used to work for a mystery.
Speaker 5: Shopping company and when we, you know, we send people.
Speaker 2: Out to do reviews.
Speaker 5: And the reason they all would sent him out was because then they would get the truth, the good the bad. People are left to their own on Yelp, they only complain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, most people.
Speaker 5: Most people will give you a bad review if something bad happens, but if you have something great happen, they don't even think about it.
Speaker 1: I think there should be a site that's just positive reviews, and if you see somebody with a really positive review, you go to the thing. Like I if I like, I know a lot of people like the negative of that. Sometimes I feel like there's some nefarious activity taking place with some of their their reviews, you know what I mean? Like I like it, but it was like it was like positive Paul, you know, or whatever that it is. Here's a texture that you guys might be able to contribute because this is interesting. I had somebody asked me just recently to ask Anna or keV if they have a recommendation.
Speaker 2: Two six zero says.
Speaker 1: What up, Mojo, I'm going to Detroit on Saturday for Chris Stapleton.
Speaker 2: It's uh, the hell that go? Why does this thing move so fast?
Speaker 1: Hold on second, I'm god went to Detroit to see Chris Stapleton. Oh here it is? Uh, it's mine and my wife's anniversary. What's a good spot that I can take her for dinner before the show?
Speaker 2: Show? Is that good?
Speaker 4: Take her to Adelina if you like Italian food.
Speaker 3: But make a roserbin all right, so the bar area is way more fun.
Speaker 2: You have a great time, Have a great time. Happy anniversary.