Speaker 1: I gotta tell you. The first time I the first time I heard that song, I didn't like it. Yeah, I didn't like it first time I heard I didn't like it. Now that I've heard it three or four times, I really hate it.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, now that I've heard it, that's a TikTok song.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, Yeah, I a TikTok song. Yeah, yeah, yeah, Well I tell you get ready boy. Howdy them roads, I tell you they are they're little nuts. They're not that. It depends on where you are. I mean I drove on the freeway. It was more crowded, slower than usual, but it wasn't horrible. It was, you know, just slower. Just drive a little more carefully then you and when you're coming up on an intersection, make sure you have plenty of room to stop because you don't want to slide in front of a snowplow going the other way and get t boned.
Speaker 3: I always like start stopping.
Speaker 1: Way in a tan. Yeah, we've learned in Minnesota. Yet if you're new here, that's what you gotta do.
Speaker 4: Yesterday, coming from like Crystal Robinsville area, just to hear to the west end, which is usually about a nine minute. It took us I would say twenty two minutes because he would to.
Speaker 5: The yard house because it was bumpered and bumper traffic. Everybody was going super duper slow because.
Speaker 1: What were you venturing out the yard house for last night?
Speaker 5: Cocktails? Oh okay, we went to dinner.
Speaker 1: Okay, nice, Jenny just made it in. What was your adventure on the way in?
Speaker 6: Yeah, the alley that I live in in Saint Louis Park was I'm plowed whatsoever. So when you come to the tee to go one way or another to get out to the main road, it just was like drifts of snow and I got stuck and my tires.
Speaker 1: Were spinning, and the tread on your tires.
Speaker 3: I'm getting new tires.
Speaker 1: They looked like racing slicks from the brickyard oar ice skates.
Speaker 6: Yes, thank you, I am getting new tires today. It was the earliest I could get in to get them figured out. But I am getting new tires. However, I don't even know if I had new tires, if I could have gotten out no matter what. I got so lucky though, because the plow literally came in like two minutes after I got stuck and was like able to get a little bit behind me so I could back up a little bit and get some traction.
Speaker 1: Yeah, gotcha. Yeah.
Speaker 6: But I was like, I'm shoveling myself out of here, and it would have taken me way way longer than I thought. But I thought I I did leave early, too, because obviously I knew it was garbage. I was also out last night and it was like the roads were awful.
Speaker 1: So, speaking of shoveling, raise your hand. If your snowblower didn't start, hello, that's me. We get a snowblower. It's not even that old, and it would not start. I'm like, oh, it's deep enough to snowblow. So I run down to the Holiday station store and I get some gas. I put the little two cycle engine motor oil in there, because you got to blend it. Pour it in there. I'm like, hugg huggig, hugg hugg huggig. Pump pump, pump, pump pump. You pump it up the carburetor a little bit, you know, put some huggig, hug it nothing. Probably tried it maybe fifty times over the course of twenty minutes, and it still did not start. So Susan and I were shoveling the driveway. I can't do this. I got a bad bag.
Speaker 2: Were you though, because you when we do our little check in at the end of the day, you wrote, watching Susan's shovel outside.
Speaker 1: Yes, I did, well. I did when it was an inch because she likes to like I like to get my steps in, she says, So she goes out with the big blade shovel and just goes back and forth. And it's a breeze. This one it was wetter and heavier. It was about four inches by this time. Yeah, so it took the both of us probably half an hour forty five minutes to do the driveway. Plus the plow would come and by at the end of the driveway, and you know what the plow does. They put a snow bank at the end of your driveway.
Speaker 6: Which is why I was shoveling at ten last night, because I got home at like nine point thirty and tried to get my driveway. Alley's part good so I wouldn't get stuck in that part, not anticipating later on it'd be worse.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I love living in an apartment where all that's taken care of for me, I.
Speaker 3: Like underground or right right, don't you?
Speaker 5: Yes, we have an underground grog. But then also even to get out of there, they shoveled.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I got to give an update on a match day with Treasure Island yesterday. So we started off. We started off pretty good, and we had like a hunch like eight hundred dollars a few minutes into the show, and then later we had three thousand dollars and I said, wow, let's set a lofty goal of ten thousand dollars. Match that with Treasure Island's twenty thousand dollars. By the end of the show we were up to thirteen something thousand dollars.
Speaker 6: What I have for the final when we hit the mark at ten was thirteen thousand, eight hundred.
Speaker 5: And sixty five.
Speaker 6: Wow, thank you everyone.
Speaker 1: And that is before the match, so that becomes like twenty seven thousand plus dollars. So that is twenty seven thousand, six hundred something dollars. I believe that's for Christmas wish. That is amazing. Talk to more wishes last night. There's one out in still Water. We were discussing like do we go as far as still Water? And I think we decided we can go as far as still Water.
Speaker 6: I think that we if it's within like I don't know. I don't want to misspeak. It's not up to me, it's up to the boss Barb. Sure, like like the top stuff like questions like that.
Speaker 1: I talked to a family that just needs everything and they're just really having a rough time in this I go where. It's one of the first questions I live. I asked, where do you live? And if they live in Duluth or they live in you know, I don't know, Oa, Claire. I say, in no, we really can't drive that far, like we're in Stillwater. I said, you're kind of on the border. I will double check. But everything else about the wish, we want to do it. So Christmas Wish continues for another almost two weeks or so. Plus we got a boatload of money. But what I don't want you to do is go like, oh, well they're good now, We're not going to donate anymore. If you feel it in your heart to donate, we can still use your donation, whether it's five dollars or five hundred dollars. We would love that. Shout out therebody who gave yesterday. If you gave we love you, we're coming to your house with pancakes later. Well pancakes, we'll rush off the.
Speaker 6: Griddle and they have the day off, right, and you get the Dave Ryan said, that's what you tell your boss.
Speaker 1: I said, if we raised ten thousand dollars yesterday, you get the day off. Just call them and tell them. Dave Ryan says, I can have the day off. So a lot of people kind of have the day off anyway. They're working from home. Schools are starting late everywhere. Schools some of the Marque Han sold it used to be you'd wake up in the morning and you might remember the days when you would listen for Katie wb yes to announce your school was closed. Now everybody gets a text message and you don't need that anymore, which is a big relief to us, because we would have to read school closings every fifteen minutes.
Speaker 3: You read them yourself.
Speaker 1: We would read school closing. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I remember that though, because that was always obviously like the best time. It's like, oh, there's a lot of snow out there, got to turn on the TV and the radio and see if which one like gets.
Speaker 3: To it first.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I watched the TV. I don't know if our local stations did that for school.
Speaker 5: She was scrolling at the bottom. Yeah, it would scroll.
Speaker 2: So slowly, so you'd have the radio on and then the TV on, and you would wait to hear your school because they wouldn't be at the same time.
Speaker 1: Isn't that the truth? That is so true?
Speaker 7: School?
Speaker 1: I remember my mom would come in and say, no, scull in District twenty and I'd be like.
Speaker 2: Yes, no, yes, David, you're getting up today.
Speaker 1: No, she'd take David, you go in school today.
Speaker 3: That's what it was.
Speaker 1: That's how she'd wake me up every more. David, you go in to school the.
Speaker 5: Day your mom at a country accidenta as she did.
Speaker 1: And it's a long story because she wasn't even from the South. It's just that she was a very interesting lady, that is for sure. Love you mo. All right, we'll be back in a second. What's coming up on the show? Anything good?
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're going to talk about real trees versus fake trees. We got two people on to argue, which is beta.
Speaker 1: Okay, real tree versus fake tree? Where do you come down? We'll be right back. Anything you want to talk about, anything you need to bring up text us at kdubleub one. More Christmas wishes coming up on KATWB and what was our first one this morning?
Speaker 3: An we're doing one at eight o'clock.
Speaker 1: This morning, eight o'clock Christmas Wish on KATIEWB. But coming up next, what do you want to hear? What do you want to sing along with? While you're digging out your car, or while you're driving into school, or while you're not driving into school because there is no school or the school is a in a two hour delay? What do you want to sing along with? Is called the sing along Song of the day, and we do it every morning and about this time. Kind of get your blood pumping a little bit, because it's good for your endorphins, it's good for your mental health to sing happily a lot along with the radios. We encourage that strongly. But what do you want to hear? Text me at KATWB one. That's our short coat. If you're new, welcome KATIEWB one to text us and we'll play it next The Dave Ryan Show on Katie w B. I'm mer the sing along song of the today, Good morning Jazz, How are you? Oh, I'm good? How are you? How are the roads, Jess, I can tell you're driving right now. They are complicated this complate. So would you like to hear a particular song today? Well, I was thinking some Avril Levine complicated fits.
Speaker 8: Just perfectly, just perfectly.
Speaker 1: Okay, keep your hands at ten and two. Thanks for callings, sing along and have a good day, Jess, you bet, Thank you. Guys.
Speaker 5: Who's making a comeback? Who's been canceled?
Speaker 3: And whatever happened to Ashley Parker?
Speaker 1: Rangel?
Speaker 3: It's Dave sirt on Kati w B.
Speaker 1: David Spade was not happy. Apparently there was a mall tree lighting ceremony and they avoided using the word Christmas. And here's David Spade.
Speaker 8: I saw the other day there was a tree lighting ceremony for the Christmas tree in some dopey mall.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but it.
Speaker 8: Said tree lighting ceremony and they were careful not to say the word Christmas during the whole ceremony. Why why can't so it's just a tree and you go, I would understand if you said they're doing the tree lighting at the.
Speaker 5: Grove or whatever.
Speaker 1: You go o. Christmas, Christmas, Christmas, Merry, Christmas, Christmas, Christmas Happy Christmas. Christmas is here, Christmas time is here, Christmas, Christmas, Christmas there. I made up for it.
Speaker 3: Here we go, we heard it.
Speaker 5: I just don't get it all right.
Speaker 6: Well, the Little Monsters attending a Lady Gaga concert in Brisbane, Australia spotted the via in the VIP section the guy who attacked Ariana Grande last month. So if you remember, I think they were doing like a press tour for Wicked and some guy jumped out of the red carpet crowd and like wrapped his arm around Ariana and Cynthonia was like.
Speaker 5: Get off of her.
Speaker 6: So anyways, he goes by Pajama Man. He tries to become viral on Instagram. I think he's still only I mean, he has an okay following, but it's like fifteen thousand.
Speaker 1: Or something, fifteen thousand.
Speaker 6: Fifteen thousand or something.
Speaker 3: Maybe he has more since the Arianistan but that's what it was.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, I got more than that. I know, you do.
Speaker 6: Wow, He's not like that's his whole bit though, is He's like run up on stage for Katy.
Speaker 1: Perry and what a detestable. It's like, seriously, there was a guy who was in Walmart the other day and he was doing like donuts on a motorcycle just to get views. And I'm like, what a detestable way to get viewsed.
Speaker 6: But this man paid seven hundred dollars for his floor seats, but he was kicked out before the show even started because a bunch of fans like caught him. He had some weird disguise on, but they still recognized him and he got kicked out, which I think is good. And I'm honestly, I guess I don't know how he does it. Maybe he scams when he buys tickets, but you'd think that he's got to be on a list somewhere to be like, don't let this man into any.
Speaker 3: Concert, right, How does he keep getting into them?
Speaker 5: That's weird?
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 2: Pamela Anderson reveals the truth of her relationship with Liam Nice and during the Naked As.
Speaker 7: Was laughing when people thought, oh, that's a publicity stunt. Like a publicity stunt, This is real, We have real feelings and so yeah, it's just been incredible experience to have that kind of friendship. And now there's who knows, so.
Speaker 3: They did like you just so much. She said that they did quote unquote hook up.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's not her words, I don't think, but it was nothing for them all, She says. I adore Liam, but we were better friends. In full honesty, I'm sure we'll always be in each other's lives.
Speaker 4: So we don't have in and out burger here in Minnesota, but in like the West Coast, they have them. And they've officially removed the numbers six to seven from its ordering system.
Speaker 5: And then here's an employee.
Speaker 3: Telling me about I'm taking sixty seven.
Speaker 7: So whenever we're taking orders, it goes sixty six to sixty eight because the people like.
Speaker 1: You use people ruined it for everyone for years years. A little fun fact they took out I'm not making this up. I'm not trying to be salacious. They took out the number sixty nine years ago because people you like that's me.
Speaker 4: It's funny how nobody probably even knows what that is now because the kids, all they care about.
Speaker 3: Is sixty seven.
Speaker 2: I know we were just as bad with sixty nine.
Speaker 1: So me. Olivia Rodrigo has did a cover of I'll be Home for Christmas.
Speaker 3: Fish clear please snow.
Speaker 1: It sounds like she recorded it on her cell phone.
Speaker 5: Any day now, Olivia, we're waiting for new music.
Speaker 1: Girl now.
Speaker 6: Pete Davidson is pregnant with the Playboy model Elsie Hewitt, and they said that they haven't settled on a baby name yet, but he did help People Magazine that they've had conversations of like, should we do like a weird Hollywood name or should we do something normal, And so they've thrown around a bunch of things. They think that they're more into the Staten Island normal, which is like Mikey Johnny, Tommy Mark.
Speaker 1: Yo, Mike yea Yo, Mikey Yo Tommy.
Speaker 6: But they don't know the sex, so they said, or it could be like a girl, so they said like Amy, Bridget, Maggie or something. But then Elsie, his baby future baby mama is thinking that maybe they'll do a little fun with the middle name Hollywood weird.
Speaker 3: With that, the judge assigned to the civil case filed.
Speaker 2: By Blake Lively against Justin Baldoni has postponed the trial date yet again. So rather than March, Blake and Justin are going to court in May May eighteenth. And honestly, this whole thing has gone back and forth, back and forth and has really like moved nowhere. So I'll be shocked if we ever hear anything about this trial because we talked about it for forever and now we're not anymore because it's never gonna happen.
Speaker 4: Wendy Williams, we all know is the conservatorship like a guardian ship.
Speaker 5: But here's our return you're talking about when that might end.
Speaker 9: The plan is this. There are guardian ship attorneys and we're watching and waiting. They have a short Wendy by years, then she'll be out of guardianship. No guardian ship should feel like a sentence, and honestly, Wendy's does.
Speaker 1: Okay, I found this online, you guys want to play it for you. If the beach Boys sing about winter instead of summer, here's what it would sound like days they are getting I wish I'd written that. That is so clever. There's no fun fun fun when it's dark in the middle of the day. It is true. The good news is today is December tenth. Sorry I thought it was the fifteenth. It's the tenth. Christmas is two weeks from tomorrow. But the days start getting longer on December twenty first, that's true. It is true, just a little bit at first, and then a little bit longer. But it stays cold until about so if you're new here June, let you know the June. Finally it starts to warm up and the lakes and ponds will thaw out by then. That is the dirt brought to you by six point two Injured one point three KDW.
Speaker 4: B Jude.
Speaker 9: Four.
Speaker 1: I was talking about yesterday on my radar was a book about how to make decisions, and I think it's still one Dave ryanshow dot com uh, and it's it's all about if you have trouble making decisions, This is a book that walks you through it and it's actually really cool. But these are the life decisions that people have the most trouble with. Can let's count them down? Number ten? Whether to move to another country. Okay, I'm not sure why you want to move, but if you want to move, go, Whether to get vaccinated. Some of us don't wrestle with that one at all. We just do. Whether to get married is another one. Whether to get surgery, Like they're saying, yeah, you know what, we got to give you a knee replacement surgery. It's a tough decision for a lot of people, not everybody, but some. Whether to buy a house is a big decision. Yeah, Whether to become self employed, to like quit the Daily rat Race and do your own podcast, or become an influencer or sell some product or start your own little store somewhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that one's a risky one.
Speaker 1: Whether to drive a car, well, I don't know what the concept the circumstances are here, but when you're tired, buzzer, there's bad weather, I guess, like last night, Jenny was deciding whether to drive to the movie last night.
Speaker 6: No, I wasn't going to go to this one movie because it was in Rosedale and I live in Saint Louis Park, and so at first it said it was gonna be an hour, and then it dropped out like thirty minutes, and I was like, ah, we can do that.
Speaker 1: I can do.
Speaker 6: Third, we didn't end up taking my car. We took the guy in seeing his.
Speaker 1: Car, so they well, it's good to know that the guy you're seeing has a car that's a bar, a bar that he met right there. No face tattoo, no face tattoo.
Speaker 5: To face, but above the butt, Yeah, does he got above the butt.
Speaker 6: I haven't seen that yet.
Speaker 1: Lies lies.
Speaker 5: I won't indulge.
Speaker 1: Another decision we wrestled with whether to invest money. Just be careful when you invest it, because I think I told you the story. We lost one hundred and seventy thousand dollars in an investment that I told Susan was too good to be true, and she's like, nah, it's grit, that's crat, that's awesome. Years later, we'll never see that one hundred and seventy that's a life changing amount of money. We'll never see it again. Be careful if it sounds too good to be true. It is next one whether to quit your job without a backup. In other words, if you work for I don't know, you work for Cohle's and you're lying, I don't want to do this anymore, but I don't have anything lined up. That's a tough decision. But the biggest decision that we wrestle with is whether to accept a new job or not.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 1: And sometimes you're like, oh my gosh, yes absolutely, and other times like, ah, I don't know. I don't hear great things about them, or the boss is kind of a tyrant, or they just seem weird or robotic or scat I've looked at jobs before it's like no and that. I had one job in Cleveland years ago that really wanted me. But the problem with the station was their signal was weak and you couldn't hear the signal passed like five miles from the radio station.
Speaker 5: You were like, no week signals for me?
Speaker 1: And I said no. I said, how can you possibly ever win if you can't be heard across town?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: You know, we're working on that. I'm like, well, I'm sorry, Well by not going to do it.
Speaker 5: You're working on that and I'm working somewhere else.
Speaker 1: Somewhere else where else is brought you by I'm sorry, let me really quick. The dirt is brought to you by the LEO Agency.
Speaker 5: Oh you can make the stuff up?
Speaker 3: Is brought to you by the LEO Agency.
Speaker 1: You're right, you can't make this stuff. It's brought to you by the LEO Agency.
Speaker 6: You can check them out online at the leoagency dot com. They are expert realtors and they're charge and you have price commissions, which is unheard of in the industry.
Speaker 5: So check them out.
Speaker 2: So, if you're thinking about making a hard life decision and buying a house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Leo Agency. Yeah, we are now watching Pluribus. Have you guys heard of Pluribus? I've heard from it was it was. It was slowing down a little bit, but now it's getting good again because they came up with a really clever pop plot twist about the episode four. What are you guys watching right now? What are you binging? What are you streaming?
Speaker 6: Well, I will say I went to go see a pre screening of The Housemaid last night, which is a book. It was a book first, and people loved the book and I did not get a chance to read the book before seeing the The movie was phenomenal. Yeah, I liked it a lot, so I would recommend it comes out December nineteenth.
Speaker 1: Taylor Swift streaming movie starts on Friday. By the way, Yes, the b Taylor Swift thing on the Disney plond Disney.
Speaker 5: Plus, I thinktively on Disney Plus.
Speaker 1: Yes, first two episodes starts streaming on Friday.
Speaker 2: It's like a documentary of her tour. Yes, I'll probably watch. Yeah, I'll probably watch that. I'm not really watching anything. I'm so far behind on Love is Blind, so honestly, I'm like, I'm so annoyed with you. I close the story like evaluating the.
Speaker 3: Two months ago.
Speaker 2: I know it's because I tried to watch it blind, like I covered up the screen, and then you really only have to watch it, like when you can like clean or something, you can't just like.
Speaker 4: Say I started all Her Fault, which I've been also talking about for two weeks. The last two episodes are just kind of dragging for me. That's why it's taken me so long to get into it. And then I tried to watch the Diddy Dot Sean Combs the Reckoning. Yeah, also kind of slow drag in the beginning.
Speaker 3: In the beginning, were you watching that day?
Speaker 1: I watched the whole thing. Yeah, I found it good and find it like, wow, was the best thing I ever saw. But it was really just interesting to see what an awful human did. He was so hey. By the way, somebody just asked, They said, how much was raised yesterday on match day with Treasure Island? Thirteen eight hundred dollars yesterday? Amazing. We expected like if we sait ten thousand dollars yesterday, we were going to be on cloud nine. And we passed that by three thousand, eight hundred dollars. That turns into twenty seven thousand dollars from Treasure Island. So thank you very much and thank you for donating. We'll be back in a second and talk to a mom whose dad, the dad in the family, wants to get their fourteen year old son one of those obnoxious e motorcycles for Christmas. And she's like, no, these are the ones in the summer. You see him zipping through the neighborhood, zipping down bike paths at forty two miles an hour. And these kids, these youths, they're disrespectful, they're going too fast and they're dangerous. Mom says no, Dad says yes. She says, if he gets one, she's taking it back. And she I think she said she slept on the couch last night, or he did one or the other because they were so mad at each other. What do you think I want to hear about it? Coming up next to Katie