Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 4: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can't they print money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers, it's not fair. Are making plans.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 6: Now your pregame host of the World Champion La Dodgers, tam Cats.
Speaker 3: Hi, everybody, and welcome in to Malrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, your official Dodgers pregame show of your back to back World Series. Los Angeles Dodgers as they are forty three and twenty four on this season, running away with the n L wes and eight and a half game lead over both the Diamondbacks and the Padres and the Division. After taking the series opener yesterday in Pittsburgh, the Dodgers look to make the Pirates walk the plank again today with show hay Otani on the mound. First pitch from P and C Park is coming up at three forty Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Arago Casino Dodgers on deck. You're gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts, what's going on with Will Smith. We'll talk about it throughout the hour. The Dodgers catcher not in the lineup again today, we'll previou this pitching matchup. David Vasse joins us throughout the hour. Of course, our Dodger inside of the best of the best. We'll also hear Dave's conversation with Chris Taylor, former Dodger who is now retired and we wish him luck. We got your Dodgers magical moment. We'll hear from Charlie Steiner. We'll go live to the field at PNC Park in just a little bit and visit with Kirsten Watson from Sports in at La and in just a few minutes out to the galloping Ford broadcast with Tim Nevert and Rick Monday. Well, last night's it was all about Paul Skeens and the Dodgers. Yes, the big right hander was zero and three in his last four starts, looking for a better start, and the Dodgers were hoping it wasn't against them. He was going up against Eric Lauer, who put the Dodgers in a hole back to back home runs in the first from the Buckos and the Pirates and Paul Skeens had a two nothing lead. However, the Dodgers would chip away at that in the top of the second, Kyle Tucker a sack fly, scoring Mookie Bets, who's starting to heat up a little bit. As the Dodgers cut the deficit in half. They were down two to one. Then fast forward to the sixth was skiing still in there, Max Munty with an RBI single past the second basement into right field that scored Freddie Freeman. The game was tied at two. Then came the rain and they played through it in Pittsburgh and it became a bullpen game after that, and the seventh inning turned in to not a rain delay, but a run delay for the Dodgers' offense. They'd put up a ten spot in the seventh inning. Unbelievable the offense that they got going. Dalton Rushing scored on a pickoff air by the catcher Davis that gave the Dodgers the lead. Show hey, O'TI despite the idiotic chance from the fans there at P and C Park saying overrated? Are you kidding me? Show a o'ton double the center scored Alex Freeland made it a forty two game. Then Andy Piz is Andy Piz.
Speaker 2: Oh Tani leads a second the stretch in the two to one and Andy swings hits a track to left field and deep.
Speaker 7: This ball heading back to the wall god a home run.
Speaker 2: Andy pie Haz his fifteenth home run of the season, drives in two.
Speaker 7: It is six to two Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Pie Haz with a blast into the bleachers and left four hundred and ten feet away from home plate. As pie His has now taken the club lead in home runs with fifty.
Speaker 3: Andy Pies get that guy to Philadelphia in the All Star Game, fifteenth home run of the season, two run shot, as the Dodgers had a sixty two lead and folks they were just getting going. Kyle Tucker crowded into a fielder's choice, A throwing there brought in a run, made it sevent to two. Then Ryan Ward has singled to right that scored a run, made it eight to two. Then a bases loaded walk to brought it no run. I made it nine to two. Then show hey Otani, they didn't want a piece of him. They walked in with the basis low that made it ten to too. Andy Pie has a sack fly made it eleven to two Dodgers with nine runs in the inning, and up came Freddy Freeman with a milestone.
Speaker 2: Now sacrifice fly by Pie his that's his third run, batted into the game. And Freddy Freeman swings there. It is hit number twenty five hundred. It's a pace hit to center. Freeman comes into score, Otani goes first to third. So Freddy Freeman with a milestone hit. Two thousand and five hundred career hits for Freddy Freeman.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and they're asking for the ball, come played, umpire, just motion throw the ball with the Dodgers first base dugout and for Freddy Freeman, a souvenir, well.
Speaker 3: Earned congratulations to Freddie Freeman, career hit number twenty five hundred, a milestone for Freddie Freeman, who will no doubt be in Cooper's down when it is all said. And in that seventh Inny, when it was all said and done, ten runs, seven hits. The Dodgers also had four walks in the inning. Two airs contributed to the ten run seventh INNY. As the Dodgers go on and pound the Pirates twelve to three as the win goes to Will Climb in relief after Eric Loward pitched well into the sixth inning five and two thirds two runs. The three hit to give the early two runs, but just one hit after that, five strikeouts Paul Skeins and no decision. Wilbert Totel gets the losses, the Dodgers get the win. They're now forty three and twenty four overall in the season. They are cruising in the nl WES and tonight, Showy o'tani on the mound, first pitch of three forty with more head out to the galpin Ford broadcast booth as we say hello to Tim Nevertt and Rick Monday. Guys, Tim, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: It is a warm and steamy afternoon here in Pittsburgh as the Dodgers and Pirates get set for Game two of this three game series. Last night twelve to three drubbing of the Pirates with the hands of the Dodgers to raise their record to forty three and twenty four and now have built an eight and a half game lead in the National League Western Division. The Pirates are eight back in the Central tied with the Cubs. They're now one game over five hundred and thirty four and thirty three. The Pirates get right handed Jared Jones back on the hill he missed all of last season recovering from elbows surgery, and show hey o'tani will make his eleventh start his era under one zero point seven to four. There's a lot to say about what o'tany's been doing, both at the plate and on the hill and mo last night was a game that was anybody's game until the seventh inning a big error throwing air by Henry Davis, the catcher for the Pirates, and then the roof fell in for Pittsburgh.
Speaker 8: Ye had two costly airs in fact during the ball game by Pittsburgh, and they were battling tough, I mean back to back home runs at the very first inning. So Dodgers were down and behind, but they came back had he used the ball bin and the three different relievers kind of tied things down. Eric Lower, one of the things that he has done with this starting rote since he has been acquired is he given innings, went five and two thirds last night. And speaking of starting pitching, when we start to look at the starters for this Dodger Ball Club sho, heo, Tony's out there tonight. Well, the starters have not allowed more than two earned runs over their last sixteen games, and that's really allowed the Dodgers to feel much better about the offense as far as the bill is going to be, dude, and how much acted to base hits and get runs.
Speaker 2: Freddie Freeman reached the big milestone last night, twenty five hundred hits. In the clubhouse after the game, a champagne toast to Freddy. Freddie made a speech and he said, here's the five hundred more hits. I mean, it's easier said than done, isn't it. But I mean he's that close to three thousands.
Speaker 8: And he was also very humble and saying, look, it's a lot of fun coming to the ballpark with teammates like he has. And he voiced that last night. I looked it up molto last night before the ballgame is over. Freddie Freeman with base hitt number twenty five hundred last night his first base hit September fifth, twenty ten, again against the Marlins. Who is the pitcher, Clay Hensley. A lot of water's gone under the bridge and Freddie Freeman has outlasted a lot of pitchers that he's hit very well against.
Speaker 2: He certainly has a guy the Dodgers are going to have to find ways to get runs off of. Jared Jones in coming back from elbow surgery. He's had two starts since his return. In his last start against Houston, he pitched five shutout innings. He's averaging ninety nine miles per hour or better on his force ver.
Speaker 8: Yeah, how about the fact that since the surgery his miles per hour has increased by almost two miles an hour. So that's a big, big turnaround for him. And if you look at what he's done so far in the two games, lefties have hit one forty eight, right hitters have only hit one thirty nine. And he's just really been a force, especially at home where his ERA is under zero point nine.
Speaker 2: And as we speak right now, we don't know the status of Will Smith. Currently, he's on the active roster. The Dodgers are still having conversations about possibly putting him on the IL if so they'll have to get a catcher here, But as of right now, Will is still on the active roster. He's got the stiff neck issue that has been keeping him out of the lineup. Dalton rushing back in tonight Dodgers and the Pirates coming up from PNC Park in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 3: T all right, thank you guys, as we canting you down to the first pitch. Dodger fans, get that game to a meal on It's Shakey's Pizza Parlor. Never too early to order that shake, Shakey's Pizza Shake, and the mojo's right now Shakey's dot Com. We're off and running here at Dodgers on Deck. Coming up, you're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. We'll check in with David Veasse of course throughout the hour. Up next though, we'll check in with Kirsten Watson live on the field in Pittsburgh and your Otani rewind. That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers Empires on Otani Day from PNC Park. I'm Tim Kates. Thanks for being with us on the back to back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio nowhere.
Speaker 6: This is Morongo Cassino, Dodgers Hunting on your home for Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers Pirates from Pittsburgh show. Hey, Otani and Jared jonesa pitching matchup. First pitch from p n C Park is coming up at three forty.
Speaker 2: This is the Otani rewhy and a two two pitch to Otani with Freeland. Now it's second, he swings in. It's a line drive left center field of pay Sick. Freeland's gonna get waved around by Dino eebel, He'll come to the plate, throw those into second.
Speaker 3: Otani slides.
Speaker 2: He's snafe with an RBI double and the Dodgers lead at four to two.
Speaker 8: That's the way you play baseball right there, you get the base hit running all the way. Freeland and the windmill sind by Dino evil at third and then Otani. Boy, he just pressed down on the gas pedal and winds up at second base. Great hustle show.
Speaker 3: Hey, Otani with the RBI double, his fifteenth of the season also had an RBI with the bases loaded walk. So he drives into last night part of the at ten run seventh inning for the Dodgers and a twelve to three route of the Pirates.
Speaker 1: This is Karston's corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 8: Hey.
Speaker 3: Kearson now joins us from the field, brought to buy cars for kids, donate now at Cars for Kids dot Org. All Right, Kirson, the Dodgers and Will Smith, they got a decision to make here because that next just not get any better.
Speaker 9: Yeah, no, so you know what he is progressing, he's getting better, but because now he's been out of the lineup for four games straight, of course you know what adult and rushing is in there tonight. Dave Roberts was sharing this afternoon that they just kind of feel like right now it might make more sense to put them on the IL and then backdate it when it comes to position players. It's only a ten DAYIL, so it would work out well in that sense, But right now they're kind of more of they have to make the decision. They're likely going to make it by the end of today. But Dave Roberts did say that if something worse to happen tonight regarding Dalton Rushing, they do like they could go to Will Smith in urgency if need be. That would been mess up being able to backdate the IL sit. But they do feel like he's in a position where he could go out there if he has to, So they are hoping to stay away from him and then they'll be making that decision tonight, but it does feel like I L now is going to be happening.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers tonight gets showy Otani on the mound, certainly a buzz inside PNC Park whether he's a hitter, but certainly when he's a two way player pitching and hitting. Tonight, we're going to be in for a treat tonight to see what he can do against his Pirates team.
Speaker 9: We really are. And you know what, It's so funny because last night, of course you have the Pirates fans and they're changing that show Hey Otani is overrated. But then you have a guy who's coming onto the mound today who's got a goal of winning a cy young He's got an e al right, that's under one. He's been excellent and then on offensively since in mid May, he's been lights out. So when you have a guy like that, Dave Roberts obviously feels really good to us to where he's at when it is managing that fatigue, to the mechanic pool changes that he was working through, with his posture, with his playing. Everything now for him is very much instinct until it's kind of like the world is his oyster at the moment. What is he going to do today? I think we're at all going to be in for something. But he's far from overrated and most likely more underrated if anything, because of how much talent he has and what he's able to do. So we're all in for a street today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how about that chat last night from those fans in the top deck they can save.
Speaker 1: It is the Dodgers that went out.
Speaker 3: Scored ten runs, and Kirsten, we appreciate. We'll check in with you after the game stayed drying case of the ring comes a little bit later, still to come here, I'm Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck. We'll dive deeper to this Pinchee matchup. David Vestago's one on one with ceed T three. But I'm next your injury report and we here from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. It's the Dodgers and Pirates on Otani Day, first pitch of three forty. I'm Tim Kats's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the Blue All season law.
Speaker 3: Brongo Casino Dodgers on dec continues as he leads up to first pitch from Pittsburgh Dodgers and Pirates Morongo Casino Resort and spy a Grand Slam for good times. Show Hey O Tany on the mount first pitch coming up at three forty.
Speaker 1: This it's the LA Dodgers Injury Report.
Speaker 3: Here's it about UCLA healthy official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers Taskar Hernandez on the I L with the left hamstring strain. Tyler Glass now is still bothered by the lower back spasms. Blake Snell on the sixty day IL after the surgery to remove the loose bodies in his elbow. Same with Edwin Diaz. Brock Stewart is throwing the sim games, so that's a progression. There, as is Tommy Evan who's on a minor league rehab assignment with Triple A Oklahoma City, Ben Cospari's Land and nat Evinstone, Evan Phillips, Bruce Dargrad Role all on the IL with various injuries. All right, let's head back out to Pittsburgh and check out the Dodger skipper, Dave.
Speaker 7: Do you think my questions for Dave? Dave?
Speaker 8: Can you just describe Dave can you talk about the pressure in the dugouts with Roberts?
Speaker 10: You know what he's progressing, but I think that it's been what probably four days since he's been in a game. There's been some improvement, but I think you're talking to him today the training stuff ils most likely to kind of use those back date days and then so yeah, I mean that's probably what I see, and we'll have to make that decision. You know, at some point in time tonight after the game you.
Speaker 9: Look at that, what does that mean for kind of potential backup option for Dan Rushing?
Speaker 10: Well, the thought is that Dalton will catch these three games here and then we'll get somebody here tomorrow. So I'm not sure who that's going to be though.
Speaker 3: All Right, there's the manager, Dave Roberts, so looking like an il stand for Will Smith, and got to figure out what they're going to do as far as I have backup catchers concerned. More on that with David Veasse, who may have the answer when we come back. Lean you up to first pitch from pitch Berg as Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues right here on their back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: As we were.
Speaker 6: Saying, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's a Dodgers Empire. It's on this Wednesday show. Hey o Tani on the mat. First pitch coming up at three forty. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Alpoto, born in La and made for your game day. El Poto brings authentic Mexican style tomato sauces, salceas and hot sauces right to your table. El Pato Gourmet and a.
Speaker 1: Can joining Tim cats on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 5: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 3: This is Dodger insider David all Right DV last night, a great milestone reach for Freddie Freeman and an emotional clubhouse afterwards.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you remember last year Tim Clayton Kershaw recorded his three thousand strikeout, There's been some other milestones along the way for Kershaw before he retired, and Dave Roberts set up a toast for Kershaw and also to have Kershaw to have the floor to address his teammates. And it was a similar scene after the game last night with Freddie Freeman recording his twenty five hundredth career hit.
Speaker 4: I do appreciate you guys. I've had less to play this game a long time, so, but these last five years with you guys, it's been truly an honor.
Speaker 7: It's fun.
Speaker 4: It's fun to come to the yard every single day. As you get older, guys that have played in this game, when you have a group of guys that make it fun to come to the field and grind like we do.
Speaker 7: This June July.
Speaker 4: It is getting hotter, and to come out here against the guy who face tonight grind them out.
Speaker 1: Eric pitsuwayed it and then we.
Speaker 4: Just keep going and score ten runs. That's what Baseball's ballot is, a team basebooks ballot, and for me to be a part of it.
Speaker 11: Over these last few years, it's been.
Speaker 4: Special and it makes it fun for me to come to the yard, keep grinding, leading our families every other week.
Speaker 7: It's hard.
Speaker 4: And when you have guys like you, guys clued Offs his money team as you apart hit So I like Doc Chevis trying to get five hundred more.
Speaker 5: All right, Yeah sounds good, Freddy Freeman. Five hundred more to three thousand. We'll see whether or not he's able to do it, but you know, the COVID year took away hits from him, and also the looming lockout and the labor disagreement right now is also over his head about trying to get in his way for three thousand hits. But very classy if Freddie Freeman wouldn't expect anything less for Freddy Freeman to show the gratitude towards his teammates more than you know, talking about himself and his accomplishments, and twenty five hundred hits, tim and this day and age of baseball is not something you're going to see very often. In fact, there's only one other active player that is close to twenty five hundred hits, and that's Jose Altuve, who's only seventy away. After that, there's nobody that close.
Speaker 3: That is interesting. Freddy as a team guy through and through David is brought to you by Ford. Here for those who build America, especially those who believe that giving everything today will pay off tomorrow, for those who drive America forward for two hundred and fifty years to come. Right now, Ford is offering employee pricing to everybody. Yeah, employee pricing to everyone at Ford visit your socol Ford dealer today or visit by for now dot com. David O'tani on the Mountain tonight and Otani, we are seating the greatness this year, aren't we.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's something that really was brought to our attention by Joey Vado.
Speaker 7: Tim.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure if this will be the single greatest season, but right now, what we can definitively say it's the greatest stretch of any player we've ever seen. Since May twelfth, Otani all of a sudden has become a force again at the plate. He's sitting four to eleven, he has fifteen extra base hits, twenty one RBIs and his last one hundred and nine plate appearance. And oh, by the way, during that same time, while he's been pitching, he's undefeated for or No with an ERA of zero thirty eight over that period of time. That's one air and run tim in twenty four innings, and hitters are only hitting one fifteen against him. So I don't know if this will turn out to be the single greatest season we have ever seen in baseball history, but definitively, right now you could say this stretch of time we have never seen the dominance by Otani specifically or any other player to do what he's doing at the plate and doing what he's doing dominating on the mound.
Speaker 3: No doubt about it. And we'll see it on full display tonight. Will Smith out of the lineup again, not behind the plate for Dave Roberts tonight. So what's the deal as far as maybe an il stan and who could be called up?
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's one catcher in spring training. You may or may not remember his name, but the pitchers that threw to him really raved about his receiving skills, and that's Alisier Alfonso. He was a non roster invite to spring training and they maybe the Dodgers are leaning towards that because they did just DFA Tyler Fitzgerald, so they may be maneuvering their forty man roster to get Alfonso on it in case they do need to put Will Smith on the IL. Smith is not in the starting lineup again today, so obviously, Uh, the more he doesn't play, and the more days go by since the last time he did play, now five games ago, the chances are greater that Smith lands on the IL.
Speaker 3: We shall see David great stuff. Will check back in with you just a little bit coming up here on Wrongo because you know Dodgers on deck, You're gonna hear from former Dodger Chris Taylor on his announcement of his retirement. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. But up next your Dodgers Magical Moment Dodgers Empire. It's a Totani Day in Pittsburgh. First pitch of three forty. I'm Tim Kason's the back to back World Seria Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers hunting on your home for La Dodgers Faceball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Pirates from Vinceburg. Dodgers erupted with ten runs in the seventh yesterday on the way to a route of the Buckos Show. Hey Otani on the Mountain tonight, game two of his three game set. First pitch coming up at three forty.
Speaker 7: Without a hot dog.
Speaker 6: Who wants that hot It's time for the Hawfe Magical Moment.
Speaker 1: Di's Magical Magic by Hawpy hot Dogs.
Speaker 3: Well, the Dodgers seemed to beat up on the Pirates a lot. They scored twelve runs yesterday, including that ten run seventh and eight. We go back to July second, twenty eighteen, Dodgers playing host of the Pirates out of Dodger Stadium, a game in which they won big and Matt Kemp went deep.
Speaker 12: Three balls, one strike, and one lf Here's pitch flip all the left field.
Speaker 7: He is eight for eight, including a three run home run.
Speaker 12: Matt Kemp having the time of his life for the Dodgers lead sixteen to one.
Speaker 3: Matt camp with a three run home run in the sixth inning on that July day against the Pirates, Dodgers were up sixteen to one. They go on and beat the Buckos by a final of seventeen to one. This Hofey magical moment brought to by Hoffey hot Dogs, Haffey soak Ow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Haffey hot Dogs local and so great. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we will check in with Charlie Steiner. So we're leading up to first pitch Dodgers and Pirates from Pittsburgh on Otani Day on Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 6: Nowork, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tap.
Speaker 1: On your home for the blue all season long.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Pirates show, Hey Otani and Jared Jones, the pitching match, a local kid going at it. First pitch at three forty time. Now for the rise of the startup. As we are thirty five minutes away from the start of the game in Pittsburgh. Now at Verizon you can lock in that low price for three years so you can save big. Visit your So Cal Verizon store today we welcome in Charlie Steiner.
Speaker 12: All right, Tim, It's game sixty eight. Dave Roberts now thirteen wins away from one thousand. After the Dodgers sholack into the Pirates last night, twelve to to a ten run seventh inning, the Dodgers a game away from going twenty over five hundred. With an eight and a half game lead on Arizona and San Diego. The Bucos at thirty four and thirty two, find themselves in third place in the Central Division. Well, tonight, O'tani goes for the Dodgers against Jared Jones. Where shall we begin with otani Is pitching.
Speaker 7: Or his hitting?
Speaker 3: Well, I take your pick.
Speaker 8: First of all, if you're talking about since the twelfth of May, he's hitting four eleven with fifteen extra base since he's knocked in twenty one. If you want to talk about the pitching, about the fact that in that same period of time he's four and oh with the era of zero point three to eight. In fact, if you look at Otani overall, the ra and zero point seventy four, the third lowest by a pitcher through the first ten starts of his season since the urned run became an official stat in both leagues back in nineteen thirteen. Who does he trail behind Jacob de Gram twenty twenty one and one Marichal you go back to nineteen sixty six, pretty good company.
Speaker 12: And so you know, again we keep thinking, all right, the bubble's going to burst at some point.
Speaker 7: Instead the bubble's getting bigger and bigger. He's pitching better.
Speaker 12: He had that many slump there at the end of May, and now all of a sudden again he's firing on all celling unders both sides.
Speaker 7: Of the ball.
Speaker 8: Well, he is, Charlie. And the other part too, is even when he's gotten into trouble. So far this year it's below a one hundred batting average against with runners in scoring position. He has really been a force. We'll find out. You know, it's not been an easy street for him automatically when he's serving both roles as the designated hitter and as a pitcher, which he will occupy both of those roles tonight. The Dodgers, speaking of roles, they just continue to roll along. You stated the fact that this x number of wins and x number of games that they played, and as odd as it is, last night, the twelve to three final score, remember that was a come for behind victory by the Dodgers.
Speaker 12: That's one of those little misleading come from behind stats. Yeah, you're down two to one and then you win twelve to two. Well, whatever it is, it's a stat. We've got it, and we put it on the Christmas tree. And then there's Freddy Freeman. Reached twenty five hundred hits last night. Came the one hundred and second player in history to reach that mark, the first since Miguel Cabrera back in twenty nineteen. Did some numbers on Freeman. Fifteen hundred and twenty six singles, five hundred and sixty three doubles, three hundred seventy seven home runs, a three eighty five on base percentage, and among all the active players, he has the most twenty five hundred.
Speaker 8: Well, how about for Freeman the last nineteen games along with Otani who just sided off some numbers the last nineteen Freeman's hit three fifty seven and hit number twenty five hundreds. You look to just a moment ago. He collected his first base hit September fifth, twenty ten against the Marlins, who was the pitcher, Clay Hensley. So he'll have another date in his illustrious career as he has now for a number three thousand. They also had a nice little ceremony in the locker room immediately following last night's victory where they toasted. They proposed a toast and that Freddy Freeman had some nice words about how enjoyable it is to be with teammates that want to win and good teammates indeed good team.
Speaker 12: So Otani goes tonight and once again Will Smith not in the lineup.
Speaker 7: Rushing will be batting eighth.
Speaker 12: Rushing has hit well all the while Will Smith has a pain in the neck.
Speaker 8: Well, and Dave Roberts has finally come out and said because the extent of this injury we were told initially he'd had slept wrong or had a bad pillow. Well, that was at home, and now Roberts is saying the injury is worse than the team originally believed, and maybe a trip to the injured list is not out of the realm of possibility, but hopefully it's going to get better soon where he will not have to depart and go on the injury.
Speaker 12: List in his absence, Rushing in the month of June has gone eight out of eighteen a four forty four batting average. Freeland is at second base tonight. BET's still struggling in the cleanup spot. He's still under two hundred, still under two hundred. The other number I mentioned it last night during the broadcast. You know, half of his strikeouts that he had coming to last night were called third strikes.
Speaker 8: Well, it's reduced now to forty seven percent. But that's number, to me is still much much higher than you would like to have it for a premier hitter and player. The Mookie bets is and the swings we've seen Charlie quite frankly in the last three or four days, I have a feeling that Mookie Best he's gonna bust out of it very very soon because of the swings, the improvement, and the way he's now attacking the baseball.
Speaker 12: Even though he has not hit a lick, your cleanup hitter, your shortstop. The Dodgers one game away from going twenty over five hundred and an eight and a half game league, wait.
Speaker 7: Till he starts to heat him.
Speaker 12: Dodgers and the Batlan Bucks Game two of the three game series coming up with Justin Bowling here.
Speaker 3: Tim, all right, thank you, Charlie. Dodgers Baseball's brought to you by Uniclo Field at Dodgers Stadium is at uniclow dot com slash us. Still they come here on Dodgers on Deck. Before first pitch, we'll dive deeper to this great pitching matchup. We also gets to the keys of the game. But up next we'll here from former Dodger CT three Chris Taylor, who has decided to hang him up and retire. We'll hear from him next Dodgers and Pirates first pitch of three forty. I'm Tim kas Is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and the Pittsburgh Pirates on this Wednesday afternoon. Dodgers with a comfortable eight and a half game lead in the NL West. As we keep an eye on what has happened with the Diamondbacks and the Padres both in action today, Dodgers can maybe pick up some ground in the division. They picked up ground yesterday with the wind behind that ten run seventh and he show hey O Tani and Jared Jones. The pitching matchup. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio broadcast. When it's game day, it's group day at Shakey's dot Com.
Speaker 6: And now what will likely be vest a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 7: This is high and tugged right now. We care about a man that.
Speaker 5: Left it all on the field for the Dodgers from the moment he was traded here in June of twenty sixteen until the night that the Dodgers say goodbye to Chris Taylor in twenty twenty four a man that was the co NLCS MVP in twenty seventeen, a man that made one of the greatest catches in NLCS history in twenty eighteen. A man that was an All Star in twenty twenty one and had a walk off wild card home run for the Dodgers. That is the one and only fan favorite CT three Chris Taylor. Chris, thanks a lot for coming on the show, and congratulations on a great career.
Speaker 4: Thanks Versa.
Speaker 11: That's a very nice intro.
Speaker 6: I appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Hey, I wish I could go on and on, Chris, but I mean, the fans certainly have showed their outpouring of support for you. Were you surprised that you got as much attention as you did about your retirement.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Honestly, the way it all went down was kind of strange. I didn't I wasn't anticipating making it public, and then it ended up getting leaked, I guess, and then and then people thought I was unretiring and it was like kind of embarrassing. So then I was like, Okay, now I have to say something. But no, it was all fine. I it was. It was cool after I made the post or after it came out seeing all the support. I got a lot of very nice texts, and yeah, it's cool to, uh to see all the love, especially from Dodgers fans, obviously playing almost ten years with them, and you know, still I still think they're the best fans in baseball. And yeah, it's it always feels good to know that you were appreciated.
Speaker 5: So there was no retiring unretiring. It was just some members of the media jumping the gun a little bit too fast.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's kind of a weird way it happened. I mean, long story short, I kind of told I was with the fault like bees at the time. I kind of told them that I was done. I got hit by a pitch and fractured my arm. First. I don't think a lot of people know that, but I told them that I was going to probably that's it for me. I'm going to go home with my family. And then so I signed the papers and I think it was volunteer retirement and then so that was the transaction, and that got released right away, and then we had it switched to the IL, you know, just to try to keep it under wraps a little bit. But it was too late at that point, and then when I got switched, people thought I unretired and was coming back. It was very strange.
Speaker 5: Yes, And I know you don't love attention, and it's never and it never has been about you, But I feel like you never really fully understood how much you meant to your teammates into your fans.
Speaker 7: Do you understand that a little bit more now?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 11: I mean I always knew the Dagger fans were always great. They were always very supportive, and I always felt loved there. You know, obviously I had some tough years towards the end, but you know, I always felt like the fans. You know, there's always gonna be some a mix of especially when you're struggling. But I felt like the there was plenty of loyal Dodger fans that still supported me even through my struggles, and I really appreciated that.
Speaker 7: No doubt they always will.
Speaker 5: All right, Chris, We appreciate you coming on, and I love that I am sharing you with the fans because everybody appreciates how you left it all out on the field and you do such great things still to this day. I mean, I just saw a photo of you showing up unexpectedly to surprise little leaguers, and you and Mary do such a great job with the CT three foundation. I have no doubt that's going to continue. And I'm just very grateful how humble you've been through your great time with the Dodgers. You've treated me like family, You've treated my kids like family, and I feel like LA will forever treat you like family because of everything that you've done and the spirit you've done it with so on behalf of Los Angeles and Dodger fans from the South Bay to Downey to the San Fernando Valley, just thank you for everything you did and the way you went about it.
Speaker 11: Thank you, Ves, and the feeling really as mutual. I have a love for the Dodgers and all of Los Angeles County. This is obviously my home now here in Manhattan Beach, and yeah, I'm very grateful for all of this love and support.
Speaker 5: If you ever need tickets to a game, let me know CT Oh, well, well, keep in touch. Thanks for doing this, appreciate it.
Speaker 11: Yeah, absolutely, thanks for having me on Tim.
Speaker 7: We'll send it back to you in the studio, all right.
Speaker 3: Thanks a lot of DV Chris Taylor not one of the good guys. One of the great guys on and off the field, with his foundation, with his lovely wife and children. So best of luck to CT three. Who knows, maybe we'll hear him right here on the Dodgers Audio Network as an analyst some point cottening up down the road. Thank you very much, DV. Leading up to first pitch, Dodgers and the Pirates up next, we'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. Don't you go anywhere. I'm Tim Kases the back to back World champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 6: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers hunting on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Pirates Game two, this three game set from Pittsburgh. First pitch coming up with three.
Speaker 6: Forty and now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchup, brought to.
Speaker 3: You by your Toyota dealers. We make it easy. Jared Jones on the Mountain, twenty four year old right hand or second round pick of the Pirates back in twenty twenty at a Lamarada High school. A third season nowt of the big leagues, missed all of last year. In the first part of this season, recovering from Tommy John surgery. But he is back and he is a guy who throw the fastball, upper ninety, slider, changeup, and the curveball as well. Making his third start this year, first time out, four to third innings, five runs, seven hits, two home runs, and a loss to the Twin last time out against the Ash Shows, five shutout innings, four hits and four strikeouts, Jones won a one nothing decision against the Dodgers and Tyler Glass, now pitching six innings and his only career start against the Dodgers back in twenty twenty four at PNC Park. Show Hey Otani on the mound for the Dodgers. Thirty one year old right hender making its eleven start. He has given up one or zero earned runs in nine of his ten starts. He's not allowed more than two runs in any start this season. He's got a zero pointy seven to four r ray, which ranks first of the major leagues in pitchers who have tossed at least forty innings. Last time out, six shutout innings, two hits, six strikeouts in a win over the Angels. Facing the Pirates for the second time in his career, He went six and a third back in July of twenty twenty three with the Angels. Give it up five runs on six hits, including a career high four home runs, nine strikeouts, but he got the win. This is his first time ever at PNC Park. Pitching Dodgers Pirates Show, Hey Otani Jared Jones, The Pitching Matchup. We're fifteen minutes away for first pitch. Keys to the game. Our next, I'm Tim Kass the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tech on your home for the Blue All season long.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Pirates. Game two of this three game set show. Hey Otani and Jared Jones the Pitching Matchup. So get you ready for the start of the game with the Sapporos Start Great Moments. Start with Sapporo Beer, whatever your taste preference. Sapporo has you cover with the variety of crispin refreshing loggers including light and non alcoholic beer. Soaporo, Good Wi Sushi, Great with baseball before first pitch, Back out to the boot, Tim Neverertrick, Mounday, guess.
Speaker 2: Tam, Thanks again, Getting you ready for the first pitch tonight on the banks of the Allegheny River at PNC Park the Dodgers and the Pirates, Game two of this three game set. Dodgers with a win last night. They're now twenty one and twelve on the road. Very good road record for the Dodgers, But the main thing is they're eight and a half up in the division now over the Padres and Diamondbacks.
Speaker 7: Show.
Speaker 2: Hey Otani on the hill O seventy four is era six different pitches he comes off and outing last Wednesday against Arizona where he pitched six shutout image.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and that's just the pitching part of it. How about the fact that Eer third lowest by pitcher through the first ten starts of his season since the earned runs became an official stat in both leagues, you have to go back to nineteen thirteen. Who are the other two Jacob de gram in twenty twenty one and one Maraschell you have to go back to nineteen sixty six. So we're seeing something that just is not done on an everyday basis.
Speaker 2: There's mound opponent Jared Jones one and all. This will be his third start since returning from elbow surgery. He is part of a young group of Pirates starting pitchers that are very good. It's one of the strengths of the organization. They just don't have a lot of depth in that area, but they do have three or four really good young starting pitchers. Saw one last night in Paul Skeins, and tonight we'll see Jared Jones and.
Speaker 8: He will have a big listening audience, no question about it. Ada Whittier graduated from Lamorada High School. He was the number two pick, second round pick by the Pittsburgh Pirates six years ago.
Speaker 2: Win tonight for the Dodgers. We'll get them to twenty games over five hundred for the first time this season. Dodgers and Pirates Game two lineups, First pitch coming up.
Speaker 3: All right, Dodgers Empireds squaring off for the second of three games tomorrow. They'll wrap up this series as the Dodgers in we'll head to Chicago, the South side of Chicago for a weekend series against the White Sox. Keeping you updated on what's happened in Padres. A day game at home against the Reds. Reds are up four to three bottom half of the eighth inning, so keeping an Eyeowa. What's happened there, also getting about ten minutes away from getting underway in Miami. It's the Marlins and the Diamondbacks. So again the Dodgers right now eight and a half games up in the division. The Reds can hang on to beat the Padres. Give be another half game there and the Dodgers win, it'll be a full game. So Dodgers looking for some more separation. Right guy on the Mound Show, Hey Otani, Jared Jones at a Lamarado High School. We'll take them out when we come back. Enjoyed everybody. This has been Morocco Casino Dodgers on Deck on the World Champion Dodgers Audio Network