Speaker 1: News Radio seven hundred WLW Mike Allen and Saturday midday on a on a Chili Saturday Morning. Well, once again, folks, who got a short show today? Out of here at eleven or the twenty fifth ranked University of Cincinnati Bearcats against the Arizona Wildcats. So our coverage will begin for that game at eleven, and the game itself is at noon, so out of here at eleven. I'll tell you, I'm sure you probably saw this already, but the BBC, British Broadcasting Corporation, ran a documentary about President Trump's January sixth, twenty twenty one speech, the famous j sixth speech that he delivered before the attack on the Capitol occurred, and the documentary. The BBC documentary was called Pamma. It was intentionally misleading because there was a clip in there that conveniently omitted President Trump's urging his supporters to protest peacefully. Here's what we're gonna do. We're gonna play the clip here back to back. What you'll hear first is what the BBC played. Uh, then we're gonna stop it and then we'll talk about the rest of it. So, Drew, if you could play that please.
Speaker 2: We're gonna walk down to the Capitol and I'll be there with.
Speaker 3: You, and we fight.
Speaker 4: We fight like hell, and if you don't fight like hell, you're not gonna have a country anymore.
Speaker 1: That's what they played. Here's the thing, and you're gonna hear this next one what the BBC did, and it's incredible, the hoodspah of these people. They took the the tape of what Trump said, they splice it together and you're gonna hear it in just a second here. But what they did, and you hear it the first one you heard. They fifty four minutes later, almost an hour later into the speech, that's when they did their edit that you just heard. Let's play the original. If we could drew bunk down to the Capitol.
Speaker 2: And we're got it.
Speaker 5: Cheer on our brave senators and congressmen and women.
Speaker 1: And we fight. We fight like hell, and if you don't fight like hell, you're not going to have a country anymore. Well, there you go. That goofy music in between was speeding up the thing fifty four minutes, almost a damn hour, where the BBC edited that thing and just threw the edit onto the clip that they played absolutely, unequivocally deceitful, deceptive and wrong, but par for the course with the mainstream media. And of course the BBC is a British publication, but they're worse than we are with respect to media bias. I think so. Like I said, they stitched together remarks that the President made fifty four minutes apart to make it appear like it was one long statement and again blatant biased editing the President. He ain't standing still for this. He asked for a full and fair retraction of the documentary and the BBC complied with that. He also asked for an apology from the BBC. He got it, and here's the good one. He's asking for one billion dollars in damages and the BBC says it will not pay him anything. I'll tell you what we shall see about that. They're not going to fork up sixteen million or anything close to it, but they will pay. They will pay because finally, finally, someone is holding these people accountable. You know, you may recall the situation not too long ago with during the election with Kamala Harris. She gave a horrible interview to CBS for sixty minutes. Of course, CBS. They had to run to the aid of their friend there and they doctored that up to make it look It still sounded awful, but it didn't sound as awful as the original, the true clip that they had. So anyway, Trump got sixteen million dollars out of that. He's taken all of this money and putting it towards his presidential library and museum. I'll tell you what, by the time he's done, he might not have any contribution at all for that because we'll let the damn media pay for it. So also as a result of the defamation, BBC News CEO lady by the name of Deborah Turnus and BBC Director General guy named Tim Davey, they resigned because of this. Now listen to this. Miss Turnus made this statement after she left where she just continued the lives. Here's some of the things she said, and I'm quoting. I stepped down over the weekend because the buck stops with me. That's the truth. But she goes on. But I'd like to make one thing very clear. BBC News is not institutionally biased. That is a lie. She went on to say, our journalists are not corrupt. That's a bigger lie. And she also goes on to say, quote, our journalists strive for impartiality. That's bigger lie number two. But here's the biggest lie of all that she said when she went out the door, she said, quote there is no institutional bias close quote again, the biggest lie of all. These people are so arrogant that they don't think we're going to catch these things, or maybe he'd say so powerful in that they run any damn thing they want, and damn the consequence, well, they ran into a bulldozer by the name of Donald Trump. They are now being held accountable. So BBC joined CBS News as news outlets that Trump has roughed up for their lives and bias. And like I said, CBS ended up shelling out sixteen million in July for that edited transcript on sixty minutes of Kamala Harris. And now the BBC's going to help and pay for the line library. The arrogance of these networks is stunning, absolutely stunning. But their days of no accountability are over, thank you, Donald J. Trump. Yet another example of the blatantly biased cover is the blatantly biased coverage of the recent government shutdown, which finally got resolved this week. The Media Research Center. If you're not familiar with them, you should be. It's a great organization that they provide some accountability for these mainstream media people. So anyway, they did some research on the Big Three, and we talked about this last week a little bit. The Big three, ABC, CBS, and NBC their coverage of the shutdown, and their analysts examined every evening nude newscast on those three ABC, CBS, and NBC between October first and October thirty first, across the eighty seven reports and news briefs which discussed the government shutdown. Listen to this, eighty seven percent of the coverage favorite Democrats, eighty three evaluative statements in which anchors of reporters were critical of Republicans, but just twelve criticizing Democrats. Broadcast shutdown coverage heavily favored Democrats over Republicans, as I said, eighty seven percent to thirteen percent. Only twelve reports and that's less than a fifth, even mentioned that Senate Democrats had refused to vote for a clean continuing resolution. They just forgot about that, And not a single report mentioned that Democrats voted back in March to end the same Obamacare subsidies that they were demanding. So again, just another example in the lesson to the story is I think media bias will only stop when they're held accountable for their corruptions, their lives, and their bias. And finally, because of President Trump, that is happening. You know, if you think about it, there's only one person that the media I think hated even more than Donald Trump. And in just a second you're going to hear this man. I'm pretty sure you'll recognize his voice, but boy, way do you hear about what he has to say? If you could play that, please Drew.
Speaker 6: And we think of the media in this country, the problem is that they have a sense of self righteousness, a double standard.
Speaker 1: On issue after issue after issue.
Speaker 6: They can find everything wrong with somebody else, but they will not look inside and ever admit that they could be wrong themselves. And what was involved here in the Watergate thing was the unfairness of it. Oh, there was a legitimate thing to investigate, but they refused to balance it. They allowed their advocacy to get ahead of their reporting, which.
Speaker 1: Is their job to do.
Speaker 6: You know, the media is always talking about the imperial presidency, the power of the imperial presidency. I think we ought to hear a little bit of discussion of the imperial media and its power. You see, presidential power is limited, limited with the courts, limited with the Congress. The media's power is unlimited.
Speaker 1: There you go. Of course, that's President Richard E. Nixon, the great President Richard Nixon. I don't give a damn what anybody says. I mean, did you hear that?
Speaker 3: Was that?
Speaker 1: Not right on the money? And those people hounded that man? And I'm sure you heard him say right about in the middle he says talking about what, Yeah, there was something to report there. I mean, obviously there wasn't. The President Nixon admits that. But the way that they do it and the way that they stuck it to that man, and you know what, he didn't really fight back because it wasn't done. Then if Dan Rather said something, you know, it was supposed to be taken as gospel. So they didn't do what Trump did and say, hey, whoa wait a minute, this is bull crap. You're gonna get sued for defamation. And of course, you know, we know that CBS coughed up and the BBC's going to cough up.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: In respect to Dan Rather, you may recall, and this was so great when George W. Bush was running for president in nineteen eighty eighth, what's called Rather was interviewing him and he asked some questions that the president didn't think were appropriate. And he this is what President Bush the first said. I should have got that clip too. He's talking about it. He goes, well, Dan, I guess it was not as bad as that time that you walked off the air during the coverage of the tennis match. What happened was Rather was on the air for something. CBS cut in with a tennis match, and I'll tell you what to look on. Dan Rather's face was precious because there he was President Bush calling them out. And you know you remember too, I'm sure with George W. Bush, the situation with him Dan Rather again, CBS sixty minutes fabricates this story about tell President George W. Bush evaded the draft, and not evaded the draft, but questions about his service in the Army National Guard. He was a pilot, and they didn't take that sitting down. The Bush campaign looked at it, they investigated it. It was just wrong. It was based upon forged documents and CBS finally finally had to admit that they quote made errors unquote, and shortly thereafter Dan Rather was given his walking papers. You know, as President Nixon said, you just heard it. The media's power is unlimited. And President Nixon was absolutely right about that. You know, they answered to no one. I mean, think about it. Politicians elected officials who they answered to. Of course, they answered to the voters, but the media answers to no one.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 1: And because of President Trump, they're finally being held accountable. And that needed to happen. I don't think media bias is going to go away overnight. It's not, but you gotta keep you gotta keep hitting them. You know, when they screw us, when to fame our people, we got to do something about it. And you know Vice President too, he's great on this stuff. He was on a Sunday show not too long ago. I forget who it was. I think it was Stephanopolis, and Stephanopolis was giving him some grief about something totally unfounded. Vice President Vance gave it. No, it was Martha, I forget her, Lit Cravitz whatever. She was given him all kinds of grief about something that was completely unfounded, and he said, hey, Martha, you ought to hear yourself and just laid her out. George Stephanopolis. I think this was last Sunday. I think Secretary of pissent. The Treasury Secretary was interviewing him, and man he laid Stephanopolis out to where Stephanopolis is sitting in his chair. Blah blah. It needs to happen. It is happening, Thank god. We ain't gonna get rid of media bias in a month, a week, a year, but if we keep hitting him, keep holding them accountable, we will anyway. That's what I think. As always, I want to know what you think. Seven four nine, seven thousand are the numbers to call if you want to be a part of it. Mike Allen, Saturday midday.
Speaker 8: There will be claws and chaos when the football bear Cats wrestle with the Wildcats and up Big twelve conference clash. Will you see annihilate Arizona or will the Cats from the Canyon scratch out a win? Find out today at eleven am on seven hundred WLW, or stream for free on the new and improved iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 9: Listen up football fans, you won't want to miss this right.
Speaker 7: Now, new bet three six five customers bet five dollars and get two hundred dollars in bonus bets win or lose, So you could turn out two hundred dollars into something bigger. When you bet on Buddy Locks Sprint Totals player props.
Speaker 9: Two hundred dollars in bonus bets when you customers bet five dollars.
Speaker 1: I know where I'm going to bet.
Speaker 4: From now on.
Speaker 9: Download the APT today. MCY is never ordinary ATTEI gambling problem Gambler twenty one plus only let's physically located in Ohio. Canty's a plot and app only.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's it Mike Allan Saturday Midday talking about media bias, blatant media bias on behalf of the BBC. Who Donald J. Trump is going to ring up for a lot of money? As I said, now, I guess I'm repetitive. I'm sorry. Finally, finally someone is holding these sobs, these arrogant you know what's accountable, and damn it, it's high time. Anyway, I want to one more time. It only goes about a minute. I just want you to hear President Nixon one more time on media bias and frankly, media pomposity drew if he could play that. Please.
Speaker 6: When we think of the media in this country, the problem is that they have a sense of self righteousness, a double standard.
Speaker 1: Issue after issue after issue.
Speaker 6: They can find everything wrong with somebody else, but they will not look inside and ever admit that they could be wrong themselves. And what was involved here in the Watergate thing was the unfairness of it. Well, there was a legitimate thing to investigate, but they refused to balance it. They allowed their advocacy to get ahead of their reporting, which is their job to do. You know, the media is always talking about the imperial presidency, the power of the imperial presidency. I think we ought to hear a little bit of discussion of the imperial media and its power. You see, presidential power is limited, limited with the courts, limited with the Congress. The media's power is unlimited.
Speaker 1: There you go, and he's right, the media's power is unlimited. It really is who do they answer to? You know, they've been referred to as the fourth branch of government by some and they are as powerful, I think as one of the first. The real three branches of government executive, legislative, and judiciary. Nixon hit the nail on the head, and of course he was on the receiving end of just unbelievable media bias. And you know, people give me grief when I say this, but I don't care. Richard M. Nixon got ran out of the job and ran out of the town for basically doing what men do sometimes, sticking up for their buddies. And he gets run out of town on a rail for that. Then you compare and contrast that with Joe Biden and the Biden crime family, with his family members stuffing millions and millions of dollars into their pockets and into their bank accounts which went through about twenty other bank accounts. First with influence peddling. It's not right, it's history. You know, Nixon admitted his faults on it and the other thing too. I swear shut up about mixing. After this, if you look at it, and I do the presidential I guess popularity polls or whatever you want to call him, he's moving up. I mean, it took him a while, but he's not at the bottom anymore. I think people are figuring out that this man was brilliant and it was just a damn shame and a waste that he got run out of office. But anyway, enough of me, let's talk to Barry in Miamisburg.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Nixon are not the same as yours. I was much younger at the time.
Speaker 1: Well tell me why, tell me why.
Speaker 3: Most of what I remember from Watergate is I was in the first grade.
Speaker 1: M hm.
Speaker 3: And you know your understanding of those things just isn't what it needs to be. Tell me how come I'm not familiar with any of the legality behind it.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know what you call all the time, Barry and always agree with me. Now you don't, And that's great, that is really great. I like that. But can you tell me why on this one?
Speaker 3: Probably because I just didn't know enough back then.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, but I was in the first grade, you know. And again I gotta admit that I just have a thing about the man. I think he was untreated unfairly. I think if you look at him, my goodness, the geopolitical brilliance of the man, and you know, he was the right man at the right time. And I don't think for a minute, and I don't think any credible person does. I don't think for a minute he authorized the break in or even knew about it. He did. I hate the word cover up, but you can use it. I guess he covered it up. But again, and this is no experience, it's an exploiation.
Speaker 3: He took credit for it after the fact.
Speaker 1: He did. He did. And you know, I tell you you talk about guy that picks himself up off the floor. I mean he and a hell of a career. After Watergate settled down as a as an elder states, they all sought him out for advice, especially Bill Clinton.
Speaker 3: The other thing I had to say, and why I call it is the best example of media bias. Look at President Bush number two Bush Junior, and look at Obama.
Speaker 1: Yep, you're you're so right.
Speaker 3: You know, was a governor, he was okay, he was in the military reserve. But the media just ridiculed him endlessly for his pronunciation. He must be simple. They made stuff up about him all the time.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: Obama was a constitutional scholar. Well, he was really an associate professor, a one turn state congressman who voted President on defending born a Live Protection Act, and a one term senator. The most experienced man in the room in Washington was Obama. And yet he was the brilliant guy, you know. But yeah, I didn't mean to defame Nixon. It's just I wasn't really old enough to know about that.
Speaker 1: And you know what, I appreciate that. Uh I was older, older than you at that time, but I just I don't know throughout I've read every book that he's ever written. The man was brilliant. It's just what did Kissinger say. He has said something that was really appropriate, you know, to have to resign the presidency over a third rate burglary is something is a tragedy of epic proportions, and you know what it is. What it is. Nixon finally learned to live with it and had a very successful writing career, public appearance career after that. So my point is this. Let me ask you this though, Barry, I'm sure you listened to it. We played it twice. What he said about the imperial media. Don't you think he was right on the money on that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 10: He was.
Speaker 3: I had never heard that quote before, but you know, it is a home run.
Speaker 1: There you go. Hey, I appreciate the call, Barry. Please keep calling. I have a nice day, Okay, you too. All right, let's talk to George and Columbus wants to talk about Richard M. Nixon. Hey, George, how you.
Speaker 6: Doing, Mike.
Speaker 4: I'm doing all right. I haven't talked to you for a few months.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was listening.
Speaker 4: I always listened to your show. And when you mentioned Nixon that I was in high school when all that happened, and me too. Dan Rather, he was a reporter for CBS at the time. He went the anchor then, obviously right. But he hated Nixon.
Speaker 1: He did, he clearly.
Speaker 4: And Nixon did a lot of good things. One thing, he ended the Vietnam War. Yeah, and I would have been drafted because I had had that lottery that year and I think my number was like fifty.
Speaker 1: Four or George, you want to hear something. I'm sorry, I mean to cut you off. You just mentioned your brother, my brother Jim, when he was number three on the hit parade for that thing.
Speaker 4: Oh boy, yeah, Yeah. My brother just got out of Vietnam. He was in the Marine Corps, you know, he was in the supply. He he didn't really see the action, but my wife lost her cousin. He was only over there like three weeks and he got killed. He was one of those you know, the newbies they put on the point and that boar. I mean they showed remember how they showed the caskets being unloaded.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 4: That just strikes. But Nixon, he was a good president. He did a lot of good things, and the media twisted all that. You know what's funny, h I was listening to Washington Journal and seat Span the other morning and they were talking about the Democrats and so forth. You know what, the Democrats always want to spend something when the media when things are not going their way, like the shutdown, and that's what they're doing now. But you know what's uh, you know what's similar to the Hamas and the Democrats. He liked to hold peaceful hostage. We hold this nation hostage while that shot shut down was going on. I mean, what what a cruel? What what what type of cruel they can people stand for?
Speaker 11: You know what?
Speaker 4: Crazy?
Speaker 1: Mike, that's a very good question. I appreciate the call, George. I got some more I gotta get to Okay, Thanks, thank you very much. I appreciate it. Hey, let's see, let's talk to John in Mason. Hey, good morning, John. Got about uh jeez, only got about three minutes here.
Speaker 5: Hey, how are you doing? Yeah again, great show, love it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I was just so I'm wondering. I used to work at a hotel back in the day, and I used to watch all three different media sites and it was the same thing over and over again. It was the same story and the different opinions about everything. But I started finding on Politico being like the one that actually showed the a and just the facts, and I was like, it's political, like the best way. What do you think about Politico?
Speaker 1: You know, I don't read it that much. I do kind of find when I do, it leans a little bit well, maybe more than a little bit left, But I think they strive to be accurate. I get the Wall Street Journal every day. It ain't cheap, but that's pretty much down the line, I think. And boy, they're not shy about taking a shot at Trump the Wall Street Journal editorial page when they feel it's appropriate. And that the grand daddy of them all, Fox News, Thank god for Fox News.
Speaker 5: Yeah. But at the same time, like Politico literally states the facts and nothing else, And I love that about it because they're trying to do the whole Spanish and you know English.
Speaker 8: Na.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so they're just seeing the fact that's it, and I kind of like that. And I guess I used to love the BBC, But you're orright about the BBC.
Speaker 3: There are interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know what it's at subsidized in large part by the bridge taxpayer, and you know they're kind of going to pot over there, unfortunately, but I wonder how long that that's gonna last. You know, another thing before I let you go here, As far as getting things kind of unbiased, no side bias whatsoever, I'm finding is AI. I use AI quite a bit in my research. I don't use it exclusively, but I find that they're pretty damn fair. They'll give both sides. I say, well, this is what one side says, but this is what the other man make jokes about they may well. And then also too, it's it's short, it's about a page and a half, so it's out there if you want to find it. But I appreciate the call.
Speaker 3: Hey, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you. Yeah, that was a good discussion I think about media bias. And again obviously thanks to President Nixon four weighing and hey, we got to take a break, but when we get back, we are going to talk to our friend Janie Heisel. She's going to tell you about an extensive story that she did, very very thorough about the rise in the use of drones in law enforcement, and we're seeing it here in Cincinnati. She's got some other cities that she looked at too, and you know, it's being seen as what they call a force multiplier. It helps the officer on the street and kind of aids them in what they have to do. Responding to Runch, really a great article. We're going to talk to Janis about that. And she did a review of Eric Trump's new book, which I thought was great. So we'll talk to Janis when we get back. Mike Allen seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 12: My advisor at Plant Moran Wealth Management, knows my definition of wealthy rescue animals everywhere. So my husband and I bought property and opened to sanctuary.
Speaker 1: It's our happy place, and from the sound of it, it's their happy place too.
Speaker 9: You have your own personal definition of wealth Plant morand Wealth Management knows it takes a personal approach to get there.
Speaker 8: Experience the difference with Plant Moran Wealth Management.
Speaker 13: Book A consultation Today Progressive Commercial.
Speaker 6: Most truckers can expect the unexpected one driving, but a little hands up like this would still be nice.
Speaker 1: From an hundred WLW Mike Allen and hour two, which is the final hour of Saturday midday today because of the UC game, UC takes on I should say number twenty fifth ranked. You see seven and two takes on the Arizona Wildcats. They're unranked at six and three. Game starts at noon. Our coverage begins at eleven, and boy, I'll tell you on these short shows, it's hard getting everything in. But do want to make an announcement here. And the announcement is that my beloved Elder Panthers beat Princeton I think they're the Vikings last night in the state football tournament, thirty two to thirty. And I'm told by my good friend Tom Grace, fellow Latin scholar, fella full of brushman, that Elder was down twenty four to nothing at halftime. Panthers came roaring back to win that one, thirty two to thirty. Also, vivek Ramaswami Sat X Bombers beat Mighty Mos seventeen to three. So next Friday night, I don't know what time, I don't know where Elder plays Saint X, and that will be one hell of a game. If I weren't so dedicated to all of you and this show, I would probably go see it. But I get up early in the morning, and you know, I'm just kind of dedicated that way. But at any rate, congratulations Elder, keep going. Elder is undefeated Saint X. I think they're nine and two, So boy, that's going to be a heck of a game. All right, enough of that stuff. Hey, you know, I tell you what, Eric Trump wrote a book that is really good. I read the thing. It's just a real good explanation of Trump's first term and what he did when he was out of office and then the campaign coming back. Eric Trump is a real modest guy and he's a good reader. Janis reviewed that. But I think the bigger story that I want to talk to Janis about is the article that she did very very in depth, those twenty three pages, and it's entitled the technology that Police call a Game Changer. And we are going to talk to Janis now. Janis, thanks so much for calling in, and I understand that you have an announcement you want to make too.
Speaker 14: I do.
Speaker 15: Thank you, Mike so really quick. Just wanted since you were talking about sporting events, there is actually a sport called steinholding, and you have graciously agreed to participate just for fun. That will be next Saturday, the twenty second at more Line Loggerhouse. We will actually have competitors coming from across the United.
Speaker 14: States for the very first ever US.
Speaker 15: Steinholding contest, where you hold a beer stein full of beer heavy straight out in front of you as long as you can, and if you lose, you get to drink the bear. So that's the consolation there. And the celebrity stein Holding will kick off at three o'clock where you will be on one of our celebrities, thank you, Mike, and then at four will be the champs coming from across the country. On top of it, more Line has its amazing German style Christmas market. I would encourage everybody to go to the more Line website and check it out, and or look at my husband's page called those German Guys on Facebook for the details.
Speaker 1: There you go. You know, Jannis, in the minute you mentioned that beer was involved. I mean it was a lock for me. And also I was born in Germany and Wispaden, so I guess that's another hook too. But I'm looking forward to it great cause too, I guess. So anyway, I happy to make that announcement or let you do it. Hey, I wanted to talk Jess for a little bit Janis, because we're all as always pressed for time about Eric Trump's book. I just told the listeners that I read it. I thought it was great, short, succinct and to the point, you reviewed it, what are your thoughts?
Speaker 14: Well, actually I did. I am still in the process.
Speaker 15: Of reading the book, but I reviewed one of.
Speaker 10: His speeches to completely accurate.
Speaker 15: He actually gave a speech in Florida, and during that speech, he was explaining how some of the behind the scenes details of what it was like for the entire Trump family to be under this microscope and this law fair dragnet basically as.
Speaker 10: He describes it, for like the quite a few years now.
Speaker 15: Ever since there, you know, his father, now President Donald Trump, entered political life, and so he was talking about some of the details involved with just the toll that it took on this family and at the end of the day, the resilience of his father, which now he says, his dad is just really enjoying his second term. He's just going after everything with Gusto and he Eric Trump said he personally is just just enjoying watching his father do what he loves to do. He says, he's just driven by his desire to do what his slogan.
Speaker 14: Says, make America great again.
Speaker 15: Whether there's people who disagree with how he does that, that's what he.
Speaker 10: Is driven by.
Speaker 1: His son says, there you go, Hey, I've read the thing, and I know you said you are reading it, but do you get the feeling based upon what he said when you listen doing that? He may run for office at some point because I don't even think he addressed it in the book, if my recollection is correct, and it just doesn't seem like he has an interest in it. Do you feel differently or hurt anything.
Speaker 15: Well, there's a lot of speculations swirling around about that, but so far he has been saying, you know, it's not for him that he enjoys running the Trump Organization. He stepped into a position. I think I can't remember his exact title with the Trump Organization, but he's really into the day to day operations of the Trump Organization, which you know runs you know, high quality, high level golf courses and hotels.
Speaker 14: And things across the world.
Speaker 15: So that's quite a big job, and it sounds like he's pretty content with doing that. But I think he did just field obligation to help out with the campaign. It was literally a full court press on the part of the Trump family to help their.
Speaker 1: Patriarch, you know. And I think if any one in the family runs, it's going to be Don Junior. I don't think he said anything either, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. Hey, we got about nine minutes. This is such a big story here, I wanted to talk to you about it. It's entitled, like I said, very very in depth. It's entitled the technology that police call a game changer, referring of course, to police use of drones. Let me ask you, janis, what led you to do this story and just generally what did you find out about it?
Speaker 15: Well, just quickly, I got very interested in drones right about this time last year when there was the drones scare, remember when there were a lot of drones flying around like New Jersey and other places. I just got curious about I've done several stories on drones. And then when I found out that Cincinnati right here had added its own drone unit to the police department. I got really curious to look into that, and I found out that Tula Vista police in California were the very first place to start using police drones as first responders, as these programs are called. So I went all the way out there and did kind of like a compare and contrast between Tulavista and Cincinnati, two very different cities. One of the biggest things that relates to drones is that the drones in Cincinnati have the challenge of kind of navigating through the kind unquote canyon wind effect of our skyscrapers, which two Ofvisa doesn't really have.
Speaker 10: There are much lower buildings there.
Speaker 15: And the other thing that's very interesting though, is both communities forbid they're absolutely forbidden from using these drones to do any routine like surveillance, just to go spike on Mike Allen's house or whatever.
Speaker 10: They're not going to do that.
Speaker 15: They are being sent to reports that come in to the nine to one to one system, and they don't go all things because it's not necessarily appropriate and they don't have necessarily enough drones to do that. When I last checked, they had about forty percent of the city covered with the drones.
Speaker 14: The idea is the drones can scope out.
Speaker 15: The scene and provide information to officers and sometimes de escalate the scene so that you know, for example, it looks like somebody has a gun, but then the drone is able to zoom in with the camera and see that it's not a gun, and then the officer is kind of like less on guard, maybe you know, a little bit more relieved. You know, they can even use the drones to have a loud speaker and you know, tell the person come out with your hands upright, walk toward the end of the driveway where there will an officer is going to meet you as the officers are on their way. So there are a lot of pluses to it, but at the same time, there are some concerns. People are concerned about privacy. But right now, the police departments that I'm aware of are not using them in any capacity, like like I said, routine surveillance. In fact, one guy I talked to you with the a National Drone Police Organization told me it.
Speaker 14: Actually would be. It doesn't make sense.
Speaker 15: Just to randomly fly drones around because you want to use this resource wisely. Sure, and also mixed with any kind of misuse or abuse of that would kind of hurt the you know, these programs.
Speaker 10: Across the country.
Speaker 15: So that's kind of in a nutshell, my very big report, and it was it was very fascinating to learn and just to see how these drones operate, and they are saving officers a lot of time, increasing officers safety, and improving public safety by catching literally Cincinnati police, this is one of my favorite was they used the drone to follow a guy who was fleeing from them. They thought it was going to get away by swimming in.
Speaker 10: The Ohio River, and they followed him with the drone.
Speaker 1: Well, I tell you it's like you say in the story, Javis, it's seen as a force multiplier. I mean, obviously you don't have to pay a drone any kind of benefits or salary or anything like that. And boy, the CPD guys that I've talked to are including the chief former chief. I guess who should be the chief, but I'll stay away from that, but they're high on it. And well, I'll tell you what I can see where it would be a big help to police and something that could assist an officer safety too. I didn't want to ask you mentioned it briefly. There are some I guess municipalities and people that don't like Keep in mind that this one is from California, Eureka. You write about a city of about twenty five thousand people, and I guess they pressured city leaders to back away from it. The quote that you have in the story is we vowed to keep fighting surveillance overreach to preserve our integrity, safety, and privacy in our rapidly changing world. I have a term that I think for that is, in a BS typical California, the hell with public safety. You know we're gonna we don't trust the cops, so we're not going to say we want to do it. That is not the predominant view, though, is it, Channis Or Am I wrong about that?
Speaker 15: Not that I've detected, But it's so new here in Cincinnati that and there are so many other issues related to crime going on that I don't feel like it's gotten a lot of attention. It also is just again so new that you know, people will still need to see how it's being used. From what I gathered in Scheua, Visca, they told me that when people are originally really concerned and upset.
Speaker 14: They say they're transparent, and they actually.
Speaker 15: Have on their website you can go on and see every drone flight path that they've had, and they're saying, look, if we show people, we're not using this for you know, an invasive purpose to invade your privacy. We're literally doing this to help people, you know, help officer safety, help public safety. That you know, people usually go, aha, that's that's cool.
Speaker 10: I'm fine with that.
Speaker 15: They also, I need to emphasize, especially Cincinnati, they emphasize that they only point the camera at the horizon, so it's again not not you know, necessarily it's not going to invade anybody's privacy in the windows or whatever like that.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 15: So, but I do think that because there are so many variables involved, there's a bound to be litigation.
Speaker 10: I know, there was actually some litigation over public.
Speaker 15: Records in California, So there's gonna be some litigation anytime there's new technology use of the technology. Sometimes policies don't anticipate specific scenarios, for example, and it could be used in a way that might you know, lead to a lawsuit for somebody.
Speaker 1: You know, and you mentioned too, cpdy I guess they did a community outreach with community leaders met with them, which obviously is a smart thing to do to help to alleviate any concerns that they may have. I wanted to ask you too about Cincinnati. I think I've read in the story Jannis, they have nine drones now covering about forty percent of the city and their goal is ninety percent real soon and at the end of October, I believe you wrote in the story, they've had three thousand flights already, So it sounds like CPD is well on their way with drones.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 15: So another distinguishing feature of the Cincinnati drone program is that they actually are using American made drones.
Speaker 14: Some of the earlier.
Speaker 15: Departments, the Smerican drone companies were not up to speed, and so they're actually using Chinese drones, but they.
Speaker 10: Say that they are not.
Speaker 15: They're bypassing the manufacturers systems and using US software to run it, as well as storing the data on US based servers that meet these federal security requirements. So again that's another difference between the tu La Vista and Cincinnati programs. Cincinnati seem to be pretty proud of the fact that they are running those American drones.
Speaker 1: Jannis, it's a great story. I would encourage people to go find it and read it. We didn't really have adequate time to talk about it today, but congratulations on it. It's a real community service because this thing, this whole drone thing is taking off with cops and but I'll tell you down the road, I could see where it's going to be a huge help and frankly already is. And appreciate you calling in to talk about it.
Speaker 10: Absolutely.
Speaker 15: Thanks again, see you next when you're holding strong Saturday might twenty second at Marline three o'clock for you, four o'clock for the big champs coming from across the country.
Speaker 1: I will be there, all right, Jane, thank you. All right. Yeah, the drones are really taken off, and man, you know, I mean I was a cop a million years ago for a pretty short period of time. However, I mean, I can see how this would really help street cops and frankly help make the situation safer for them. So I'm all for it. One thing I didn't get a chance to talk to Janis about, but it is in the article. Apparently President Trump recently did an executive order and I think the gist of it was that federal government wants to help these police departments any way they can with this drone use and anything that has to do with it. Hey, we got to take a break. Button we get back. Our final guest today is Eric Conolly. He is going to be in studio. He is the Republican candidate for Congress in the first congressional district, which changed quite a bit with restructuring, if you will, and we're going to talk to Eric about that and what he wants to do if he's elected. We'll do that when we get back. Mike Allen, Saturday midday, you.
Speaker 16: Send hours raking the leaves from your yard, only to have to rake them again and again and again. If only all the leaves could fall at once. Well, now they can call tree shakers.
Speaker 1: Should you shaking down? N?
Speaker 4: You mean?
Speaker 16: Our specialized staff of x NFL linemen, sumo wrestlers and women's shot putters can shake your trees bear in minutes, freeing up your fall. Tree Shakers toss the rake and give it a shake.
Speaker 8: Tree Shakers a sponsor of the seven hundred WLW talkback button on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 7: Have you taking down N?
Speaker 1: You mean?
Speaker 6: It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Sex Stutter's interiors on Montgomery Road.
Speaker 1: Chop dazzling tree. Say midday, closing half hour of saying, he comes up the youth football game. Hey, we're just coming out of the twenty twenty five off year elections and now it's onto the mid terms next November third, or this coming November the third. In Ohio, Republicans have significantly strengthened their hand in the congressional elections, improving from what was a ten to five advantage in these congressional elections to a twelve to fifteen advantage. One of the districts that now favors Republicans is the First Congressional District, currently occupied by Democrat Congressman Greg Lansman. Under the new configuration, the first Congressional district would lean fifty four percent to forty seven percent Republican. Previously, the city of Cincinnati combined with Warren County to form the first Congressional district. With the new changes added by the Redistricting Commission, Clinton County is added to the first district, and I believe the City of Cincinnati stays in as well. Here to talk about it, is Republican candidate for the first congressional District Eric Conroy. Eric, before we begin, I want to ask you, did you go to a football game last night? I did.
Speaker 11: I went to that terrific Elder Princeton game last night at the Pitt And what a game that was.
Speaker 13: Both teams.
Speaker 11: I'll tell you what, Princeton has a very talented athletic right, that was a crazy game. That's why the craziest other game I've been to in a long long time.
Speaker 1: My buddies are all already texting and we said, and you missed it, you missed it. That's probably the only guy from the West Side not there.
Speaker 11: I mean, that's what Ohio High school football is all about, right, that's the passionates, the pageantry, and we're teaching great lessons for our young men for the future. And uh, I think Elder's got Saint X. They do, they have the I think that's a small rivalry of sorts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well the vake Ramaswami's Saint X bombers so and obviously Eric is an Elder boy, so always always cool to follow the sports and the GCL. So let me ask you that description that I made of the changes of the district. Was that accurate or anything you think.
Speaker 13: You want to add, Yeah, I think you hit most of it, Mike.
Speaker 11: So new District one starts out on the Indiana border near Harrison. It kind of loops around through Miami Township and along the river, includes the city of Cincinnati, and then goes up into Warren and Clinton County. So this is a terrific opportunity for Republicans. As you mentioned, it's about fifty three percent Republican estimate, and it is a winnable district and it should be probably a top ten race in the country next year. So we were very excited to have a spotlight on the district next year and hopefully pull us out for the Republicans.
Speaker 1: Top ten that got to mean good things for fundraising.
Speaker 13: It's very likely determine control of the House.
Speaker 11: So we're going to have quite a bit of fun here next year dismounting Greg Landsman out of the party.
Speaker 13: Well the House.
Speaker 1: One more thing about the district. Will this be in your opinion, what we've done in Ohio kind of I don't know, for lack of a better word, undone by what happened out in California on election night or do you have an opinion on that.
Speaker 11: Well, I think it's hard to tell, right, And obviously there's some redistricting going on around the country. Ohio was legally required to redistrict this year to some past events, so it's a bit difficult to tell. But you know, my team and I we are prepared to undertake, as we have been since to Aly, a very serious campaign to kick out the radical leftist Greg Lansman. I mean, look what happened this week. He voted no. He voted no to reopen the government. And this has really just been a shameless and disgusting ploy by Greg and his Democratic cronies to appease they're far left base and to feed the egos of people like AOC and Chuck Schumer. Right, this is a party, This is a party without a rudder. It's a party without a strategy, and it's a party without a plan. And we are seeing the implosion of a modern political party this year, which is going to help us out next year in the midterms. And you know, Greg Lansman is not the moderate he claims, and the decision this week really proved that. So we are very eager to have that leadership for a change and to kick him out of office next year.
Speaker 1: There you go. And you know I wouldn't disagree with that. I'm a little bit surprised at him, though. I mean, he knows what the district is now, or had a good idea what it would be. A smart political move for him would have been too go along with those Democrats that went along with the Republicans. But I mean, he made his decision. Now he's gonna have to stick with Well.
Speaker 13: I was fully expecting that.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 11: He tries to portray himself as a moderate, and he could have very easily have stuck to that tagline by voting, you know, with.
Speaker 13: The decision to open the government he did, and he didn't do that.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 11: And I think that just proves it is the litmus test. It is the example we can points him say, Hey, this guy is not the moderate he claims, and he's unfit to lead, and we need a change here, and I'm going to be that change.
Speaker 1: Something tells me we're going to be hearing about that throughout the campaign. You're going to get to know Clinton County though, aren't you.
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Clinton County is great. I was up there this week. Very interesting County. They've got the airpark up there, which, of course, as a former Air Force officer an aviation nerd, I loved it and what a great gem that is for the region. And it's great people up there as well, very dedicated Conservatives and Republicans, so very eager to hopefully be representing.
Speaker 1: Them, you know. And I'm glad you mentioned your past. Kind of give my listeners an idea of what you've done before, because you have done a lot, and why you think that qualifies you to go to Congress. You've got a spectacular resume.
Speaker 11: Sure well, thanks, thanks for the compliment, Mike. And as you mentioned, I grew up here on the West Side, went to Elder High School, and I grew up when you know, nine to eleven happened. That happened when I was about seventh eighth grade. And as I moved into Elder, I saw two wars going on overseas in Iraq and Afghanistan, and I said, hey, I want to serve. So I was lucky enough to be accepted into the Air Force Academy and then spent about another seven years active duty in the Air Force as an intelligence officer. I served mostly in special operations units. I did two years in Japan that I did another few years at the Pentagon in DC, and then when I was in DC, I was eventually recruited and hired by the CIA and did work in war zones. I lived in a Middle Eastern war zone for a year and then also worked in Eastern Europe for almost three years. And my role at the Agency was what's called a operations officer. My job was the marquee job there. It's the very old school espionage job. I was tasked to go overseas and try to convince people to switch sides. So it's a very rare career and I was very humbled to be a part of it. And then when I left the agency, it turns out running around cities all over the world and seeing economies, you start to get other interests as well. So knocked out a master's in economic development at Columbia and very passionate to also bring that skill set to the region, right. And I think one of the great things about my story in my candidacy is these perspectives and these experiences that I bring because being able to see those different cities in different countries, diferent societies, and how they work around the world is very interesting, and you can compare it contrast here with what we have at Southwest Ohio and build upon what we have and improve what we have.
Speaker 1: That's some great experience. The other thing I was impressed with is that, and this has been a while, you actually made your announcement for this seat on Fox News National. Is that accurate?
Speaker 11: It's correct. We announced back in July on Fox News. I've been on Newsmax quite a bit as well, talking about the race and also giving some national security commentary as well.
Speaker 13: So we've been up and running since July. We're a well oiled machine.
Speaker 11: We're well funded, and we have a lot of great experience, both national and local and with people who have experience with flipping districts right, and I think that's what we need here.
Speaker 13: So we were raring to go, right.
Speaker 11: We've been fundraising for a few months now, We've been doing media for a few months, and we're going to keep up this momentum through the end of the year and go right in the next year.
Speaker 1: And you've mentioned I think that it's being seen as one of the top ten races for Republicans.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean, this is going to be a background seat, right, and you know, fifty three percent Republican is when a bull. But it's still gonna be tough, right, So we need that turnout. We need dedicated Conservatives and Republicans to understand the importance of the ticket next year. Right, We're gonna have a vac on the ballot. We're gonna have John Houston on the ballot, all be on the ballot, and this is gonna be a big year, right, And we need to have a very successful midterm to keep the president's agenda alive.
Speaker 1: We do. I mean, what is the current split now, I mean we've got it by what two three seets something like that.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's very small, right, And here is really the kicker, right is we need to support the president and we need to have a successful midterm, right because what we can't do is we can't lose the midterms because it will curtail a lot of what we're trying to do here in this country.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Absolutely, Hey, let's switch the issues here for a minute. Well, I'll tell you we did not have a very good night a couple tuesdays ago with respect to the off year elections. I think a lot of it is overblown. It wasn't as bad as some in the media, surprise surprise, would want to make it out. But one thing that has emerged, and it sure seems like President Trump got the message here is this affordability issue where young people or any button for that matter, just can't afford things. And well, I'll tell you, unfortunately, I eat some fast food sometimes.
Speaker 13: Are you a white castle guy?
Speaker 1: Back?
Speaker 13: What's I was treat you like?
Speaker 1: I like white castles, but they're closing. The one in Dell High that I used to frequent is closed now. But that kind of stuff is just so over the top expensive. Now. Now, I know gas has gone down, but your thoughts on that, I mean, are we on the right track with making that perhaps the biggest issue.
Speaker 11: We're on the right track, right, and the White House is doing a great job of trying to address it. And some of these economic issues that happen, it's kind of like a slinky right, and it don't happen immediately. It's a bit of a long term issue, and I think he's doing a great job of addressing it right. And we've seen prices increase and we've seen some decrease as well on different products. And addressing that issue and making sure that we are trying to bring those prices down is important for everybody, right.
Speaker 13: And we've had really just a couple.
Speaker 11: Economic pivots over the years, and we're kind of heading into a new one with AI in tech and new trade relationships, and the President's trying to renegotiate those trade relationships and adjust this economy and this country to win the next century, right, and that means having new trade relationships, but then also making sure we're winning the wars and AI and in tech to make sure that we are still competitive economy for the next one hundred years.
Speaker 1: We have to be. And as I said, it sure seems like the President is engaged on this affordability issue. Do you have any thoughts? And I know it just was kind of thrown at this week on this fifty year mortgage thing that they're talking about. Well, that's a hell of a commitment for a young person or anyone.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you know, I'll be honest, I haven't looked at it too hard. I did see the headline, and that's a huge commitment, right. Yeah, this is back to the affordable question. How do we make the modern American life affordable? For everybody, including our young people. And I think this is what everyone is trying to solve, and especially the White House, is how do we bring prices down?
Speaker 13: How do we make the American dream more affordable?
Speaker 11: And really, his Big Beautiful Bill was a good step in that direction, right, starting to eliminate and reduce taxes on tips and over time, this is money that's going to be back in the pockets of working class families and be able to you know, afford things like a house and to make day to day life more affordable. So these are kind of innovative ideas. These are different ideas that we are trying to propose to solve these issues.
Speaker 16: You know.
Speaker 11: I think that's the thing, right, is like we are the party of ideas, absolutely, the Republicans are the parties. It is the party of ideas and initiative.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 11: The Democrats are not providing any new ideas. They have no initiative, they have no strategy, right, So I commend the President and this party for actually attempting real ideas that are going to solve the issues of people every day.
Speaker 1: I have to tell you, Eric, I am enjoying watching the implosion of the Democrat Party because that's real. I mean, that's happening. They got a civil war brew and that's gonna bust open pretty damn soon.
Speaker 11: Yeah, And I think luckily for us, it's gonna happen at the midterm. That's what has happened already. Right, This is a this is a party that is being dragged further and further left. And we saw that with the New York mayor's election, right, mom, Donnie winning. And this is a socialist, right, and this is the socialist that you know wants to eliminate capitalism and wants to get rid of the things that we do that makes America America. And that party has got a hell of a problem on its hands. And I don't think they're gonna be able to solve it.
Speaker 1: No, I don't either. It's gonna open what already is, but open up even more. I think publicly speaking of issues, the crime issue obviously, and I know you know this in this area, in this area a pretty darn big deal. What can Congress do? I guess obviously the first one would be funds to help municipality with the public safety issue. And we've got about two minutes unfortunately.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I think there's a couple of things, right.
Speaker 11: I was doing some research on this recently, and there are certain Department of Homeland Security and Department of Justice grants that can't be pursued to help when local police forces are understaffed and under man right.
Speaker 13: So getting these local.
Speaker 11: Law enforcement organizations the resources that they need at the federal level through special grants and special provisions is something that can't be explored, and I think they need to be right. We've seen the democratic model of urban governance just totally crash and burn all over the country, including here in our beautiful downtown which I live in, right, and we need to start leaning on the federal level to solve these problems and fill these gaps in interim. Right, And being a resident of downtown, I'm a firm believer that you need to live in it to believe in it. Yet, and it means solving the issues down there as well.
Speaker 1: I get it. Well, Unfortunately, we're out of time. We never have enough time. Maybe next time you come, we'll do the whole hour. Would you be willing to do it?
Speaker 11: Let's do it, Mike, I would love it. I think this is my third time here with you, So let's.
Speaker 1: Get you go extremely important election. There is no way around it. We have to have that first congressional district and put it back in our column. But I appreciate you coming.
Speaker 13: Today, Hey, Mike, thanks to your time.
Speaker 1: Anytime, all right, my pleasure. Hey, we are out of time. That means we are out of here. See you next Saturday, Mike Allen, seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Is it true Tom brennanman arranges the food on his dinner plate in alphabetical order.
Speaker 13: That is not true, he said true.
Speaker 2: Government scientists have studied Tom Brenneman's brain to better mankind.
Speaker 13: That's not true, but sounds like a pretty good idea.
Speaker 1: He said.
Speaker 6: True.
Speaker 2: Tom Brenneman is the best way to start your day. You bet it's true.
Speaker 11: I've got the latest news, weather, traffic, sports, investment.
Speaker 13: News, and always a good time. It's my morning gift.
Speaker 2: To you, Tom Brenneman. Monday morning at five am on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 13: Game Day is Lyri's prime market day.
Speaker 16: Your one docktail gate shop this football se