Speaker 1: Seven thirty five, seven hundred WLW you making our way through a Thursday night on the Roundtable Show, Cincinnati Tax Resolution Power by Tope Sheldon Roundtable Show. We're at long NEXTI in Richwood, presented by Postman Law. We're giving a Bengals print from Sean Volker. If you're in the house and don't have a ticket, ask your server for one. We'll draw on eight o'clock. You got to be here to win. Somebody's gonna walk away with a big poster print from Sean Vulker of a Bengal tiger that coming up at eight o'clock. Let's Talk high School Football. You hear our next guest on Friday nights with the award winning High School Football Tonight Show on ESPN fifteen thirty and Fox Sports thirteen sixty. Radium is the content manager of Tri State Football dot Com. Let's talk Week eight and welcome in, Greg Schumaker. How are you?
Speaker 2: I am wonderful Lance, how you doing on this Chris Paul evening?
Speaker 1: I am ready. There is football in the air, and there's football to be talked about, so let's get to it. Hylands In Elder and Elder defense Man, old Man getting it done, but will be tested by a Bluebirds offense that is certainly multi faceted with a lot of guys who can get it done.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely. You know last week at setting out there at Elder in the pit when they knock off Moler, number one Mowler at the time, and in front of a pack house ten thousand, everybody was out there, Zach Taylor and his son Willie Cunningham was wandering aimlessly like he normally does. It was awesome. And yeah, so it was a good game. And you know after that game, Elders defense now is allowing just sixty five point five yards of game rushing and only twelve points six points per contest, and you know they do they're doing everything right. At seven to zero, they've only turned the ball over three times. And here's what you're talking about. There's a lot of guys that can get the things done. For Highlands, only six players have score touchdowns for Elder through the seven game, and all of them have hit paid her between three and five times. So they have a lot of guys that know how to get there too. But Highlands they've got thirteen guys with touchdowns this year, but only Caten Lawrenz and who leads the team with fourteen he's got twelve touchdowns. Everybody else has two or less, so they got twelve players with two or less touchdowns, so they don't care. They just spread the ball all over the place. But the thing I really like about this Elder team is the last six teams that they've beaten are all at five hundred or better. The thing I really like about Highlands is they're three and one games decided by four points or less, so they know how to get done in close games. And their only loss was by a point at Boyle County. So I think this is gonna be a good game. This is gonna be one of those that it might surprise some people when it's all said and done, but others pretty dogarn good. Right now, all.
Speaker 1: Right, let's talk Lesal the Lancers against the Bombers of St X in a big time computer points game. Explain this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so the top four teams in the playoffs this year, based on your computer point, they will get first round buys. We eleven buys and right now, thanks, Xavier's sitting at number one and or number four and Division one Reasion four and Lasals sitting at number four in Division two Region eight uh in computer points. So the winner of this one's going to solidify that buy. You don't want to lose that buy. Uh, you know, getting a fifth or a sixth seed. So that's a big It's going to be big, especially for these GCL South teams who have these rigorous schedules. I think they're going to all want that rule week and that breather off in week eleven and get that buy. So but you know, Lasal's lost five straight to State x and all the last year by nine points. So but all of them have been uh, you know, double digits besides that one, So it's it's been a while since the sal has had a good game. But here's the other thing. I think Xavier they haven't scored more than twenty eight points in a game, and our only averaging eighteen pointy four points per game. So uh, it just could be a low scoring offair, especially because the next defense. Even though the offense isn't scoring, the defense has been stellar, giving up just twelve point four points per game. He's it's been a tail of two things here for Sat Next, the Bombers just haven't gotten the run game going. They're only averaging two point nine yards per carrying three rushing touchdowns on the season, and this is the time of year you need to start getting that going. So X has got some work to do if they they want to keep that.
Speaker 1: Buy all right, how about collision of Rockets and Knights mcnick Rockets, Alter Knights and two teams that have been rolling lately.
Speaker 2: They really have. I mean mcnick has won four in a row and Alder's won three in a row, and both of them have played just kill our schedules. You know, Alter always challenges it if they start off their Division three both teams are Division three, Region twelve, and all their places Division one Fairmount and then they got Division two trot with Madison on their schedule, went to Ironton this year and Wheelersburg, so they play those tough Ohio River teams early on. So they've been battle tested. And right now Altar is sitting six in the computer rankings and mcnick's at seven in Region twelve, so very very two very similar teams. But the win here is going to be huge because, like I said, both teams sitting at five and two and two and zero in the gCO co Ed Division it's gonna be a good a good night. And these two teams too, they alter each other quite a bit. Altars only given up eighty four points and just a mirror each other. Alters only given up eighty four points in the year. Mcnick's only given up eighty five. But alter loves to run the football. They're averaging two hundred and eleven yards a game on the ground with twenty three rushing touchdowns, and their sophomore Drew Cripps has been outstanding. He's got eleven hundred and eighty five all purpose yards and he's got forty eight tackles. He's hit the end zone twelve times and has done it three or four different ways. And then mcnick is much more balanced team. They're averaging one hundred and three yards passing, they're averaging one hundred and thirty nine rushing, and then they're special teams. And the return game has been outstanding, averaging one hundred and one yards per game in returns. I mean that's a whole football field, and they have three they have three punt return or two punt returns and one kick returns for touchdowns already this year. That could be the whole difference in this ball game. I mean, especially when you're averaging that kind of yardage on special teams in a game, that's pretty good, especially on a team it's five and two. You're not getting that many kickoffs to return and you're not you know, I mean, and well you get some punts to return, but it's pretty impressive number right there.
Speaker 1: All right. I'm looking at and I love the notes you send every week, and I'm looking at this Indian Hill Braves matchup against the Madeira Mustangs, and I will admit there's a note on each side. I looked at. I did a double take, and I said, holy cow, could that be true? Tell me about the Indian Hill defense, and tell me about Madeira's quarterback situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a I put this one on here because this is a This is gonna be a ton could be a tough night for Madeira.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: But Indian Hills defense, let's start there first. They have only given up thirty five points on the season, five points a game. They've shut up their last three opponents, and they've given up this is an incredible stat. Seven games in the season, they've only given up seven first half points. They've shut out six teams in the first half of game. It's insteen amazing and then you know so and they're only holding and this is another good fact about their their defense. Uh, they're sitting at seven to zero. And there's reason why they've only give up sixty five yards a game Russians and seventy one passing and they're only allowing a thirty seven point seven completion race. Why is that so important? Madeira is starting at fifth quarterback of the season tomorrow night and all four of their wins this season, they're four and three and three and one in the CHL, a game behind Indian Hill. And it's crazy, but they've had four different quarterbacks win games for him this year. And even better than that stack all, even though they started five quarterbacks, they've only thrown five interceptions all year. So I mean, that's off to Chris Stewart, the head coach over there, for doing such a great job with what he had to work with. I mean, I can't imagine being on this starting quarterback in the high school. This kid was a wide receiver and a DV. They had their freshman quarterback up at one time. He got hurt. Their starter got hurt four passes into the season, so and he was an All conference player last year, so that's awesome. A dear, I know it could be a long night just the Braves tomorrow, but man, good job by Chris Stewart.
Speaker 1: No doubt about it. All right, it's gonna be a big night and you've got it all covered. Tell everybody about the high school football tonight showed about Tri statefootball dot com.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, so high school football tomorrow night or high school football tonight tomorrow night is we've got in the In the pregame portion before the Saint Xavier game, we'll talk with Paul Wiggins, the Headport head coach at Newport, they're playing Newcap in a big rivalry game tomorrow. Jeff Estick and Brad jeff Astic from Bevill Tate and Brad Schilders from Franklin are going to join us. And both of those teams started out zero to five and they've won their first two conference games, and both of them are sitting at two and five with chances to win their conference and legitimate chances to win their conferences. So it's those are both good stories. In the pregame portion, postgame portion of high school football tonight will feature Dan Klaskins and Jake Berkmeyer. I'll be off. I'm heading up the Lambo to watch the Fingals. That's a different story, but uh, those guys will be around and in all your great news at Tri State football dot com. We'll have coach interviews and recaps from games all weekend, some photos up there like we always do, and and great interviews through Spotify as well. So uh yeah, and all the interviews that we do in high school football tonight we post up on Spotify and our at TS football or x. So yeah, it'll be a great night tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Some good games, absolutely, and you guys will be all over it. Always good catching up. We'll talk next week.
Speaker 2: Sounds good Man to see Lance