Speaker 1: All right, be back on the Big One, seven hundred W LW. Seems like everything's back to normal now, do it? Dan Carroll in for Eddie and Rocky, and I certainly hope everyone, if you're listening right now, I hope you had a great Thanksgiving. I hope you're having a great day after Thanksgiving. Always good to have a little chat with Mike Allen as he's on his way out and I'm on my way in, and Sean McMahon is running the big board in the seven hundred WLW control center, the command center is I like to call it, so we'll have time for phone calls a little bit later on. When you do call in, make sure you say hello to Sean McMahon and uh five one three, seven, four nine, seven eight hundred the Big One. Normally in this spot on Fridays, we turn it over to our buddy Richard Skinner from Channel twelve for a little a little breakdown on the Bengals and sports in general. And Skinny is enjoying his Thanksgiving Day holiday, so special guest analyst today, special guest analyt. And I would wager that he's never been called that he's been called a lot of other things, but special guest analysts is our old buddy wild Man walk so wild Man? Am I right about that? Or You've been called lots of things special guest analysts. I don't know if that's ever happened before. That's the first, but I like it. How you doing, buddy? Do you have a good things good?
Speaker 2: Doing good?
Speaker 3: Anytime the Bengals win, it's a great day, man day.
Speaker 1: So let me let me ask you this. I'm watching that game last night and I'm thinking here, I'm thinking two things. Number one is, I do not recall a time when I have seen the impact of a single player, especially in football, across an entire team. I think the the energy was different. I think the approach was different. I don't know if the play calling was all that much different, but just Joe Burrow being there I think ignited the defense. The defense played like we have not seen all season. And then the other thing is I was wondering this about the offense of the Bengals. Look, I'm not an expert when it comes to analyzing offense or especially you know NFL Football Engine, and I'm thinking to myself, is this Bengals offense that much on a Razor's edge to where it has to be executed to absolute perfection in order for it to work. So when you had Jake Browning come in, he's look, he's a great guy, not of the same caliber as Joe Burrow. Joe Flacco is probably, you know, marginal compared to Joe Burrow. So is is Joe Burrow really And and that question was asked when he went out and got hurt? Is he really? And how can it be that? I mean, you know how good he is, but how can it be that that one guy is that much of a difference maker?
Speaker 3: Well, you can say the same thing when Joe Montana played, how much he brought to the forty nine ers, Or you can say the same thing when Brett Farr played back in the day. He's a different animal, without a doubt. I mean, Joe Burrow, going back to last year ago, Dan has now won eight games in a row. He brings, he he lifts up the team, and you could you could see that the guys were playing a little bit harder, not to say they weren't playing for Joe Blaco.
Speaker 2: And of course the defense.
Speaker 3: Wasn't plan so great either under Joe Blaco until the last couple of weeks. But Joe Burrow just brings a different element to the team.
Speaker 2: I mean, the guy's a winner.
Speaker 3: I mean the guys the winner go back to college and look at him, and he brought the took the Bengals to the super Bowl. Without Joe Burrow, Zach Taylor is probably looking for work.
Speaker 1: I think that's a good point. And this morning, I don't hear anyone calling for Zach Taylor's head. But for what did they lose eight out of nine when you know when they were losing four or five six in a row. Every time I turn on social media the next day, I see what do I see? Fire Zach Taylor. Fire Zach Taylor. Fire Zach Taylor. So it seems to me there's a lot of people in the Bengals organization who want to literally fall to their knees and thank Joe Burrow for saving Maybe I don't know if he's going to be to save the season, but saving their jobs at least for the time being.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I mean I don't see Zach Taylor going anywhere, you know, before this end of the season. Maybe, I know we've got a year on his contract. His play calling, I'm gonna be blunt with you. Still sucks. I mean here they are down on the goal line early in the game and second in goal and he calls three pass plays. You don't even run the ball. You got a guy with like like Chase Brown has been chewing up yard is left and right the last four weeks and they run the ball one time.
Speaker 2: I don't understand that.
Speaker 1: But we've seen this all year long.
Speaker 3: You're not gonna win many football games kicking field goals, Dan, and they've got to do a better job in the red zone, and.
Speaker 2: Joe said that.
Speaker 3: I mean, let's just be honest here, Joe was a little rusty, you know, at the beginning of the game, but then, like he said, he got his feet under him and he was able to start finding Jamar, Chase's favorite receiver. And I'm not worried about Joe Burrow. It's just said some of the play calling that drives me nuts. The defense, what more can you say about the defense? They had like five turnovers. They played fast then, in fact, they've looked really fast in the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: I don't know what al Golden did. And of course they blitzed.
Speaker 3: We haven't seen we haven't seen him blitz hardly at all, and that really calls Lamar Jackson. He didn't know what to do with the blitz called so al golden. Maybe Al Goland has stumbled onto something now that we haven't seen that he's one of the wanted.
Speaker 2: To stick with. And it's working. It's working.
Speaker 3: I mean, look at the Look at the number of points that the defense is allowed the last three weeks. Now, this is not to say that they're gonna reel off six more wins in a row. I mean that the road is the road is tough. It's you know, it's on the Buffalo, and then Baltimore comes here. Then they got to go to Miami. Then they have those two games against the Cardinals and the Browns, but one game at the time, you never know. Nine and eight, if they have to finish, I don't know they'd even get some in the playoffs, stand to be honest with you, because of the tiebreaker and all these other scenarios. But hey, right now, Joe Burrow has won eight games in a row. Last year he got on that roll. We got in, but we fell shorts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think, if I'm not mistaken, I think there was only one sack last night, So we've seen, you know, we saw improved line play when Joe Flacco was back there, and I don't think he can really have any complaints about the offensive line play from last night. When I'm with you, when the Bengals got that turnover earlier in the game and it's first and goal on the two yard on the two yard line, and they don't convert there, they don't they you know, they ran a fourth down play and wound up turning the ball over, which I'm okay with, you know, putting of the other team back in the end zone like that. But when they didn't convert that for points, I thought to myself, great, here we go again. Bengals have a golden opportunity, a gift given to them, and they can't capitalize on it. And it turned out that that wasn't the scenario that played out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that this course technically should have been thirty six to fourteen. I said, I'm thirty two to fourteen. Like you said, you got to turn those opportunities in the touchdowns though.
Speaker 1: And then so in that first half that they're kicking all those field goals, I'm thinking, man, that you left a lot of points out there.
Speaker 3: I mean to do that on the road, which is tow hard and at prime time, and of course the pressure with Joe coming back with YadA YadA, YadA.
Speaker 2: I mean a lot of.
Speaker 3: Things were against the Bengals as they went into that game. But I think they I think they woke up a few people here with this, with this win.
Speaker 1: So going forward now and you talked about the road is not going to be is not going to be easy. This it might be a little bit of a wake up call for the teams they have coming up. And I can see if a scenario where other teams might have been looking past the Bengals because they just said they're so terrible. But now with Joe, it's a different story with Joe Burrow. And and I hate to hate, I hate to be that you know that that one that one trick pony, or that you know that with that one uh, that that one note song about Joe Burrow. But I mean it really is it really, it is amazing. And Tarika was talking about it last night on the broadcast. I mean, how it really boils down to having that guy on the field.
Speaker 3: It is I've never seen anything like as the Bengals go, Joe Burrow goes. I just it's it's the bottom line. You can't you can't deny that they like they the team plays.
Speaker 2: A little bit harder. There's a lot of pep in their step going to Buffalo.
Speaker 3: I'm not worried about the benk was able to, you know, to play Buffalo because they know Buffalo, just like they know the Baltimore Ravens. They know, they know everything about Buffalo, and Buffalo is not a world beater. I mean, Josh Allen has won to hell of a quarterback. But the Bengals can. The Bengals could beat Buffalo. I'm gonna say they will, But they can beat Buffalo because they know Buffalo and Burrow knows Buffalo and they've handled Buffalo before.
Speaker 1: Well, when you're throwing passes the way he did last night, and I found that pretty even in the in the first half, there were some passes that I think were writing guys hands and they didn't get caught. And yeah, you had that one play where Tinsley sort of gave up on that route and then decided why better try a ball, And to my way of thinking, that should have been six points right there. So uh. And then Jerico says, you know, the the guy who was commentating with to Rico says, that will never happen again with Tinderley Garrett. Yeah, which I actually thought Gcon Garrett was pretty good last night. I don't know if you watched the TV, but uh, I thought that I was actually pretty good last night doing the analysis in place of Collins Worth.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then when he did give up on the ball, you saw him on the sidelines right after that. He was right on the stand, but then he went back out there. I mean, I mean he's a he's a rook I mean, rookies make mistakes, but they learned on Joe's little.
Speaker 2: Well a little the little peeve that you.
Speaker 3: Know, he got gave up on it, but then he made a couple of other catches, you know, which which was nice. So and now we're gonna get T Higgins back, you know, hopefully with this concussion protocol. If T Higgins comes back, that's gonna be a big lift going into playing the Buffalo Bills.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So we'll see, we'll see what happens. But uh, it was we'll see what happens. I really, I really honest. Going into this game, I'm thinking that Joe Burrow is coming off the injury, he hasn't seen any action for a couple of months. Uh, how how sharp can the guy be? How good can it be? How much of a difference he can make? And I think that question was answered last night.
Speaker 2: You got that right, I mean I was.
Speaker 3: I wasn't surprised that he was a little rusty, like I said earlier here, but then as the game went on, and he even said it, he got his feed on the runny got the field of the game.
Speaker 2: And that's Joe Burrow.
Speaker 1: So so this team going forward, they I mean they there. Do you think they? I don't know, is it? Is it realistic to suspect that they can win the division finally to get into the playoffs Because I really thought, and I and I'm I may have jumped the gun on this, but I really thought after that loss to the Chicago Bears that we're just going to see these guys mail it in for the rest of the season.
Speaker 3: Well, they're three and one in the division and another guy, you know, the guys there's a lot of pride in that locker room too. I mean, and I'll give credit to Zach Taylor for keeping that locker room, you know tight, because you can really lose a locker room, and the way they lost in some of those games. So I'll give to the Zach Taylor some credit there and keep in the locker room and even ephlicized after the game, you guys worked hard, you stayed you know, you stayed, You stayed with it, and.
Speaker 2: That means a lot. That means, it means a lot. Like I said, if they could.
Speaker 3: Finish out nine and eight, so many things have to go right for the Bengals to get into the playoffs.
Speaker 2: If they can finish out that way, that.
Speaker 3: The tiebreaker situation comes into comes into play. And you know, whenever the Bengals need help, and this is going this is going back to the last fifty years when the Bengals really need help to get into the playoffs. It's never worked in their favor. But let's just take one game at a time. Let's let's hope the Bengals can beat Buffalo and then we'll just move on from there one at a time here because there's still plenty of time left.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, we will see what happens. Wild Man, I appreciate you taking the time to spend some time with us today. I know why you're getting ready hit the road. I know you're getting ready to go see Indian Hill play tonight. And people may not no, but you're the you're the PA announcer for the for Indian Hill. And man, what a what a season their football team has had this year and they they're in the state semi final tonight. Tell me about the game.
Speaker 3: Well, they're thirteen and oh and they're playing a team called Shelby that's also thirteen and oh. So we're going for hook there's that number again, win number fourteen on fourteen.
Speaker 1: Let's go on.
Speaker 3: And the one thing I really found weird, Dan and somebody told me that the Indian Hill.
Speaker 2: Braves are a nineteen point underdog.
Speaker 3: I didn't know they put spreads on high school football games.
Speaker 1: But if the Indian.
Speaker 3: Hill Braves are a nineteen point underdog, that's an insult. And I'm hopefully that John Rodenberg has already made a point to the boys. We're getting no respect. We're rolling out of here at four o'clock.
Speaker 1: We're gonna be in.
Speaker 2: Sydney, Ohio.
Speaker 3: I'm bundled up, I'm ready for the cold. I've got plenty of hot chocolate. I'm ready to rock.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Rodenberg's a great coach, isn't he that guy? I like that guy.
Speaker 3: I love Yeah, He's won everywhere, He's one everywhere he has.
Speaker 1: It's great And Indian Hill is having a great season, and wild Man you will be there tonight. So good luck to what's Indian Hill and all the local teams in action tonight. But wild Man, we got to run again. I hope, I hope you had a great Thanksgiving. Appreciate the time, and appreciate you being my special guest analysts and Bengals anytime.
Speaker 2: You know, on the flip side of the Beatles record, you know my name, look up my number.
Speaker 1: Wild Man. We'll talk to you later. Brother, have a great night. Thanks Dan. All right, all right, there you go, the one and only wild Man Walker breaking down some Bengals football. Let's go ahead and get a check on traffic and weather together on seven hundred w wel Sean McMahon, that is an appropriate tune to enter into this segment, Little Pink Floyd, little Money, because we are talking about money as it relates to high school kids. I think I think we were all a little bit shocked when Monday, members of the Ohio High School Athletic Association voted in favor of an emergency by law on name, Image and Likeness, making Ohio the forty fifth state that would allow name image and likeness at the high school level. And this is look if you, I don't know if it compares to what we have in college, but when you look at college sports right now and name image and likeness deals, the analysis runs the gamut from it. It's one of the greatest things to ever happen that has leveled the playing field to It's the wild wild West and nil at the college level, it's completely out of control. So after this referendum was passed, it didn't take long for one state representative to step up and say, nah, blah blah, nah, I don't think we need ANIL in high school. And that representative is Adam Bird. And Adam Bird is my guest today on the Being Rocky Show. And Adam Bird, I hope you had a great Thanksgiving. How you doing, Dan, I'm doing very well.
Speaker 4: Thank you. It's an honor to be with you again and certainly a lot to be thankful for. Uh, living in Ohio, living in America, I'm thankful to be here.
Speaker 1: Absolutely outstanding, and I totally agree with you on that. It seems to me that the the ink didn't even dry on this Ohio bylaw allowing nil for high school kids. And do you you've come out when sponsoring legislation that would shut down the whole nil deal on the high school level. What what was your thinking on this?
Speaker 4: Well, there's a there's a lot, there's a lot that goes into this, man. And first of all, let let's make sure that we understand that there's a lot of schools in Ohio that did not want this, and they were they were talked into doing this by the o HSCA to vote for it.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: Not everybody did, a lot of them did not. And they were talked into doing this because the o HS was afraid of one judge in Franklin County who had issued a temporary restraining order. And so because of this one judge, they went down this path. And so I'm very much opposed to it, of course. And you know, I think that high school sports, middle school sports should be about teaching your physical health and fitness, your social connections, discipline, worked at the character, leadership, communication. Those are the kinds of things that sports should be about in America and we should not be We should not be changing them into something that is about earning money for for certain athletes.
Speaker 1: Well, as I look at the press release that came out from the Ohio High School Athletic Association, they talk about how the final voting results on this, four hundred and forty seven schools voted in favor of the referendum, one hundred and twenty one schools voted against it, and two hundred and forty seven schools abstained from voting. So when you look at those schools that didn't vote and you combine them with the schools that voted in favor of it, I mean that's that, you know, my quick math tells me that's about a three to one margin that you had high schools in favor of this, and so I and I I'm just guessing that you're you're probably catching a fair amount of heat for taking this this particular angle on this.
Speaker 4: I am catching no heat right now, Dan, and I would argue against something you just said. All Right, The two hundred and forty seven schools that have stained most likely abstained because they did not want to vary in favor of it, and they wanted they wanted to support ohsca's desire to somehow comply with this one judge. So it's actually almost maybe fifty five percent in favor forty five percent against. I think all of the schools that have stained were against it, Dan. I've heard from superintendents, I've heard from school board members. They do not like what is going on here with OHSAA. And I will tell you I've spoken with the director and I don't really believe that he wants to go down this path. And I'm pretty dog on sure that the most of the member schools that voted for this don't want to go down this path either, and they felt like they had to because of this one judge in Franklin County. And so this is again, Dan, we talked about this before and other issues. Should we just as a legislative brand, should we just sit by and allow the judicial branch to make all of these decisions? And oh, by the way, it wasn't the Ohio Supreme Court here. This was one county judge in one county in Ohio. We're going to let one person make this decision, this policy decision for the entire state, and I think that the legislature should weigh in. Now, I don't know whether I can get fifty votes in the House in seventeen votes in the Senate to agree with me, but I got to at least try, and if I can, I think that are far far outweighs what one county judge sets.
Speaker 1: So when you look at nil, the press release from the Ohio High School Athletic Association talks about Ohio would be the forty fifth state to allow nil at the high school level. I have not researched how many you know the other states that have nil, how it's working out for them. Have you looked at some of the other states that have nil, and have you been able to weigh the good, the good and the bad that comes along with it.
Speaker 4: Well, my research says forty one. I'm not sure where they're getting forty five, but they do say forty five. I don't know where they're getting. Mine says forty one. Alabama, Hawaii, Indiana, Michigan, Texas, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming. And you know, to this point Ohio has not allowed it, does not permit it. And so you know, all of a sudden. Now we're going to go from people who have, you know, care about athletics for the right reasons to now allowing kids to make money off of this. I think it's a really bad look. And when you look at what's happening in high schools right now now, Dan, a lot of people will tell you that recruiting doesn't happen, or that recruiting is not allowed to happen, and that is simply not the case. Recruiting is happening all over the place illegally, and when you now allow nil payments to get involved in the recruiting mix, it's going to be something that I don't believe OHSAA is going to be able to control. And I think the coach at Saint Xavier High School, the football coach, said something that was exactly the same as what I've been telling people. You're going to get somebody like a wealthy alumni who owns like a car dealership or something. And so it won't be the school out there recruiting perhaps, but it'll be an alumni who says, you know, I remember when we won the state championship back in nineteen nine five. I want that to happen again, So I'm going to help recruit by paying this athlete, paying that athlete from a variety of regional schools to come to the one that that that that wealthy alumni wants them to go to. I just think it's as a real recipe for disasters.
Speaker 1: Well, Adam Bird, I can tell you there's a lot of people listening to us, to us right now, right this very second, who are saying that this happens already, that this goes on now, that the private schools that have access to a lot of money quietly behind the scenes or through third parties or whatever kind of connection they can make with the kid they want on one of their athletic teams, that this sort of recruiting goes on now. And for by and large, I think there's a lot of individuals out there who recognize this, but there's a lot of others who sort of turn to bly a blind eye to it and have been doing it for decades now, if not longer.
Speaker 4: So if you think it's happening right now, Dan, and I think it's happening right now, yeah, yeah, and when if it is, and I'm not I'm not certain there's money attached to it now there might be you know, they might call it scholarship or something like that to go to to that. But can you imagine if if you pour the gasoline of NIL over that system, and that's going to make the big schools get better the poor schools get poorer. And you know the other thing that you we ought to do when we look at the standards, let's look and see what NIL has done to college sports. Has it made it better or worse? I think it is irreparably made it worse. And and so you know that that's Uh, there's so much pressure on on on college athletes with all of this. The other thing that I've talked about, Dan, is that there's been a recent study that has shown that among NC DOUBLEA athletes that suicides have doubled because of this pressure. And it's now suicide among NC DOUBLEA it is now the second leading clause of death in college to to these athletes. And we're just we're just going to create more pressure.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 4: And you know, there's just this is not what I think high school sports should be about. We should be trying to teach him of those other skills that we talked about before, like discipline, and work ethic and character.
Speaker 1: Well, I really I can't. I can't argue that because I think those sorts of things are in uh very very sorrowly to say, in very short supply these days. But I look at the I'm reading from the story that w c PO did on this a couple of weeks ago, or not a couple of weeks ago, but a couple of days ago, and they talk about this basketball player at Garfield Heights named Marcus Johnson and how his family was hoping to cash in on an NIO deal for him, and they talk about how it would help out the family. And I look at this and I know that there's a vast, the vast number of really good athletes, uh they peak in high school, and so being able to tap into something like this on someone's athletic ability it may not extend beyond high school. There's there are so many great high school players that never amount to anything when they when athletically speaking, when they get to the college level. So having this one opportunity to cash in on, you know, athletic excellence and not let not let them be able to do that, Yeah, I think there you're going to get a lot of people who are going to look at that and and not look kindly towards a proposal for legislation like you have.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, I'm not sure about that. I don't think that. I don't think high school athletes should be making more than a coach, which will inevitably have. They shouldn't be making more than the referee. They shouldn't be making more than the buzz driver who's driving them to the game. You know, this is the I mean we we have. We have built these gymnasiums, these stadiums, in these weight rooms with public money. Dan the public has purchased these for them to have growth opportunities in a holistic way that should be about things like leadership and communication and fitness and all of these other kinds of things. These are the reasons we provide this for our young people, and it's not for their earning potential. And if they are, by the way, if they are so great at whatever sport, I don't want to keep them from making money. Go get me in the Olympics, Go join a professional tour, professional league, Go join the NCAA where you can't get an nil deal. But I don't think that you should. I think you should leave high school and go find a way to earn money based on whatever talent God's given you.
Speaker 1: All right, well, Adam Bird, we'll have to leave it there. We got to get to a break. But as always, I appreciate the I appreciate the time and appreciate your candor on these issues. And this is an issue that is going to be right for plenty of debate. What's going to be the status on the legislation? How soon are you going to be able to get something move into the House.
Speaker 4: Hey, thanks for asking that.
Speaker 6: Dan.
Speaker 4: We are not going to be back in session before Christmas, and so it won't be until twenty twenty six. I'm hopeful that it'll get hearings in twenty twenty six fairly early. If I can get my colleagues to agree with me that this is the best thing for high school students in Ohio, then maybe we can get this pass through both chambers and to the Governor's desk by may or June. And that way, remember that a bill does not become law until ninety days after the governor signs it, So if I can get that to the Governor's desk sometime in June, hopefully it'll be in place for next school year. But you know, that's a lot of work to be done, and we'll see how that goes, all right, But right now, there's no other opportunity for get for it to get a hearing until twenty twenty six, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Adam Bird. I certainly appreciate it, and we will. We'll see what happens, and I'm sure we'll be talking about this on down the road. Really appreciate the time, Adam, and we'll talk to you again before too long.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, Dan, call me back anytime about this. Love to talk to you about this or a wide variety of conservative legislation that's going on in the Ohio House right now. We are trying to protect people's privacy, protect people's freedom, protect their pocket put, protect their taxes, protect our border, protect you know, law and order. There's a lot of things we're trying to do right now, and I always appreciate the opportunity to talk to you about that.
Speaker 1: All right, Adam Bird. All the best to you, my friend. We'll talk to you again soon, Thank you, State Rep. Adam Bird. But now time full of trafficking weather together. I'm seven hundred girl. Freddie and Rocky Favor basketball coming up at five at least. Our pregame is coming up to five tip off at five thirty tonight. And if you're a high school athlete, do you want to have an NIL deal, Name, Image and likeness right now? The Ohio state, they're the Ohio High School Athletic Association says you can do it, and there are bylaws. If you are planning, or if you're a parent, or you're a student a student athlete and you want to try and get an IL deal. There is a Hio High School Athletic Association website you can go. You can go to Bylaw four Section eleven, Name Image, Likeness, Personal Branding Rights effective eleven, twenty four, twenty twenty five has all and there's quite a few hoops you've got to jump through in order to secure a name, image and likeness deal for yourself. And I would say, if you're going to do it, do it the right way, do it by the book. I have no idea what the appetite is for something like the legislation that Adam Bird is proposing to try and shut this down. I have no idea if something like this will ultimately get the approval of the state legislature. I honestly have no idea. So I would say, if you're a high school student and you're able to take advantage of this and get in on what may be a short window for this, the only thing I would say is do it the right way, do it the way it's supposed to be done, and don't ruin it for everybody else. If you want to weigh in on this, five one, three, seven, four nine, seven thousand, one, eight hundred The Big One. Dan Carroll in for Eddie and Rocky. Time for the News at the home of the best Bengals coverage. Seven hundred WLW. Back on the Big One, seven hundred WLW four seven Dan Carroll till five today as we turn it over to save your basketball Paul, looking forward to that. Dick from Dayton is weighing in. It's been a little while since I've had a chance to say hello to Dick from Dayton. And Dick from Dayton, I hope you have had a great Thanksgiving.
Speaker 7: Oh I did. It was really great, good, really great. You know what topped it.
Speaker 1: Off though, I bet watching that Bengals game, I bet I bet you're eleven and a Medicode.
Speaker 7: I really was shocked because I didn't think but I said to Burke, to myself and my friends, and they, I said, they're gonna win if Burrow came back. It was a heck of a performance.
Speaker 1: Dan, it was.
Speaker 5: Good.
Speaker 7: It's good.
Speaker 1: It was nothing. It was nothing short of amazing. And to think that one guy and we have talked ad nauseum about what a special player Joe Burrow is and how he is just at the very best that is playing the game right now. I think some will try and make the argument and I think the time will tell on this, but maybe perhaps the best of all time. So the time will tell on that. But the way he was able to change the entire look of that team, yep. And then I've heard so many people say, well, Joe Burrow doesn't play defense. Well maybe he was playing defense last night. Who knows, because the defense was unbelievable.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Well, hey, happy, you know whatever, Happy Holidays. I'll talk to you all right, you know.
Speaker 1: Dick from Dayton, Yes, sir, thank you very much, Dick from Dayton. I wonder if Dick fro Dayton is the one any Black Friday shopping because you will not find me out there and I'm looking at video from across the street. It is absolutely packed. Not exactly what I want to do. Cash Pateel, director of the FBI, said today electronic devices we're among the items ceased after search warrants were executed in Washington State and San Diego in the investigation of the suspect who allegedly shot the two National Guard members in the nation's capital. The twenty nine year old Afghan I will not say his name, is accused of carrying out a targeted ambush style shooting of staff Sergeant Andrew Wolf and Specialist Sarah Beckstrom. And of course, we learned to our sorrow last night that twenty year old Sarah Beckstrom had died as a result of that attack. And this has called into question the entire notion of having these refugees in our country. President Trump's ordered a widespread review of asylum cases approved under President Joe Biden the Abiden administration and green cards issued to citizens of nineteen different countries. The Afghan The Afghan immigrants suspected of shooting two National Guard members in DC entered the US in twenty twenty one under a resettlement program, and there has been a lot of digging into not not too distant past, the not too in passed when it comes to the notion of these individuals coming into the country, and the SoundBite I've been seeing all day, part of the day yesterday and all day today is when Jensaki was the spokesperson for the Biden administration talking about how, hey, you know, look, all these individuals coming in from Afghanistan. They're being thoroughly vedded. We are really with painstaking, the undergoing the process to make sure it's all copastatic, that it's all good with all the all the thousands, tens of thousands, however many refugees came into the country. I've got that number around here somewhere. I don't know. I was trying to find it. But earlier this morning, Judge Denin Piro, who is now a US attorney in Washington, DC and she is handling this case, was on Fox News, And if you miss that this morning, I'll want to give you a little flavor of what Janine Piro had to say when it came to the issue of individuals like this being vetted when they came into our country. And Sean McMahon, can we please hear cut number one.
Speaker 8: Let me say one more thing, and it's not about this case. It's about vetting in general, the nonsense that the Left gave us with this Operation Welcome Allies. Look, there was no vetting. If you think there was vetting, I have a bridge to sell you. If you saw the chaos that was going on at that airport in Cobble in Afghanistan, it was typical of what was going on in the Biden administration and the Pentagon I believe it was Kirby and people in the Biden administration said the Afghan withdrawal that we all know was disastrous was a success. And that's a quote. They called that a success. That chaos is not a success. That is a nightmare. And thirteen American servicemen and women were killed at that airport because the Biden administration couldn't get their facts together and couldn't make a decision regarding the rules of engagement to take down a known suicide bomber. So let's stop namby pambing around with this, Oh, we was vetted. There was no vetted. The Welcome att was thrown down. They even admitted that they short circuited the vetting what they did was they brought a ninety thousand people into this country that were not vetted. They told us all the other immigrants were vetted.
Speaker 1: What do we do?
Speaker 8: Called the FBI in Afghanistan and say gee, do you have anything on this guy? Did we call Venezuela and say, geete, how about your criminal justice system? What can you tell me about this guy? It's like the ten twenty million America illegals who've been let into this country. We don't know who they are until we suffer the consequences that we have seen in Washington. And I was on that scene and it is a very sad place. And Sarah Bestrom and her family did not deserve this. They should have been protected, which is a first order of government. And then left thought to stop their nonsense and recognize that they are not speaking for the American people. They are speaking about ideology and politics. Donald Trump, the president, the Attorney General, and myself, we're interested in the facts, in the prosecution, making people accountable, and rest assured we will.
Speaker 1: So there's Janine Piro and she is, without a doubt, extremely passionate about this issue, as she should be. This is a woman who has been involved in the criminal justice system for decades, and she has seen the good, the bad, and the ugly, and she knows where there is. Cunningham likes to say where the bodies are bury and how serious of an issue this really is. Daniel Turner, or not Daniel Turner, but Daniel Greenfield, who writes the Front Page magazine, talked about the Afghan refugees that are in this country and how many, how many victims we have in this country because of individuals like this. The attack by this individual in DC took place nearly a week after another Afghan, Abdullah Zada, was sentenced to fifteen years in prison in an election day plot. Abdullah and then another guy, Tod Whedey, his Afghan brother in law, former guarded an American facility in Afghanistan, had plotted a mass shooting attack directed at large groups of people on election Day. A video showed to Water reading to Zada and his daughter a text that describes the rewards of martyr receives in the afterlife. Politicians and media have claimed that Afghan guards and soldiers, like individuals, were heroes and allies who protected our soldiers. In reality, they were insider threats. The claims that they can go back home to Afghanistan are a lie because they do it anyway, or they can't go back home, I should say, despite demanding humanitarian parole in this country, TOWEDI bought a one way ticket for his wife and daughter to go back to Afghanistan before he planned the attack. After he serves his terms, OTAs set to be deported back to Afghanistan. Considering the two men were allied with isis the only threat they faced from the Taliban as being excessively good Musslims, not bad secular ones. And these aren't the only Afghan attacks in the news this year. In twenty twenty five, Afghan refugee stabbed their caseworkers in Michigan and in Texas, stabbed each other outside the Islamic Center of Lancaster and Amish Country. In April, Jamal Walley and Afghan refugee opened fire at police in Fairfax County, shooting two of them before they managed to take him down. Like the others, Jamal had been potentially eligible to receive a special visa because he had served in the Afghan military. Three of the Afghans we were told were our allies and deserve our protection attacked us in just two years. Along the way, they killed the soldier in DC, shot two police offers. Officers may have killed many more civilians had their Election Day terror plot been successful. In twenty twenty four, besides the election day plot for Reed, Shakei and Afghan charged with taking part in an Iranian plot to assassinate Trump, as well as an Iranian dissident and two unnamed Jewish people in New York City. This is a guy who had previously been deported from the United States after being locked up for robbery and managed to return here anyway. And this story goes on and on talking about all these people who were supposedly vetted and brought into this country and then given the seal of approval, saying, hey, we've looked into the background of these individuals and they are good to go. I mean, they they worked with us in Afghanistan. It doesn't mean that all the claims like that are illegitimate. But there was a I'm trying to think what the what the number was of and I got to find that it was in another story I had. But they were talking about the actual number of US troops who were there, and there were far more interpreters who were let into the country than we even had soldiers stationed in Afghanistan. So these policies, why they may seem humane on their face, are really just a wow for individuals to come into this country who mean us harm. And we are seeing the fruits of that right now. And so when you have the administration talking about taking away protective status for a lot of Somalis in Minnesota, the Trump administration has taken away protective status for over three hundred and fifty thousand Haitians and once to get them out of the country. To my way of thinking, these are prudent steps. These are things that need to be done to safeguard our country, not because we're afraid of certain individuals from different countries, but because we need to learn our lesson that there are far too many individuals out there who mean us harm and innocent civilians innocent And I am not calling the National Guard member civilians, but they're National Guard members. They were totally instated, they weren't harming anyone. And these are the people who pay the price for these sorts of policies. Five three, seven, four, eight hundred. The Big One, Dan Carroll and Freddie and Rocky. Let's go ahead and get a check on traffic and weather. On seven hundred WLW, Dan Carrol, Freddie and Rocky talking about how long do you hold on to your cell phone, your your iPad, stuff like that. Experts claim that there is loss productivity and inefficient inefficiency. These are the unintended consequences of people clinging to their aging technology. Cassandra Comings, CEO of New Jersey based electronic design company H Thomas Instrumentation, explains older devices were engineered when internet speeds were much slower, and they often struggle to keep up with today's faster internet speeds. Well, I don't know about that. If I have a device and it's working, and I think to myself, why right, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. It's a I know it's an old saying, but I think it's a good saying. And if I got something that works, I want to hang on to it as long as I possibly can. Let's go to Tom in uh No, I don't know where Tom is, but we got Linda and Williamsburg. But Tom, you're up first, seven hundred WLW. How's it going all right?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 1: How you doing all right once you got uh, yeah.
Speaker 5: What I've heard.
Speaker 6: I got an.
Speaker 5: iPhone eight, which your iPhones that's pretty old. And for what I use a phone for, which is very limited. I don't watch a movie on it, make phone calls, do it to.
Speaker 1: Your texts, make make phone calls, get phone calls, and maybe a text message now and then maybe check your email. Stuff like that exactly, and I delete.
Speaker 2: I don't even look at him.
Speaker 5: I just select all and delete all of It's all mostly BS.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you this, as you're looking at your as you're looking at your email over the last I don't know, three or four days, how many emails have you gotten about Black Friday sail, this Black Friday sail, that special.
Speaker 6: Savings, all that kind of it's bumped up. I get enough anyway. In fact, I got two emails.
Speaker 5: One is just a wow, shall we say.
Speaker 2: A BS email?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 6: Even Then on the other one, you know, there may be something in there.
Speaker 2: I might want to look at it, but over.
Speaker 6: All a nine nine percent of the.
Speaker 5: Time I just select all on both of them. And yeah, so obviously they got on information on me. If they really want to talk to me, they can call me here and stop it to the out knock on the door, and I know that's not going to happen.
Speaker 1: Tom, Let me ask you. Let me let me ask you a question. You said, you sound like you might be my age, maybe a little bit younger.
Speaker 6: I'm seventy.
Speaker 1: Oh you're seventy six, all right, Well then you might be.
Speaker 2: Actually I'm older and everything.
Speaker 1: I'm older and everything you might. So when when you were a kid, when you were a kid, did you ever have or did you ever have a buddy who had rock Eam sockem Robots? Do you remember that one?
Speaker 3: Yah?
Speaker 2: The greatest. I either played it or had one.
Speaker 5: I probably I probably just played it with a buddy, But yeah, yeah, I remember.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: The man, the man who created the man who who created Rockham Sock and Robots has passed away. Bert Myers was his name from the Hill from Hinsdale, Illinois. He was ninety what was he ninety ninety nine years old? So I'm thinking about that, you know, one of the greatest toys that kids who did not experience rock Em Sock and robots. And he also created light Bright, So kids who did not experience that, I think are missing out on something. And now of course you got these toys with the with the AI and everything's electronic and wiz bang this and when. But to my way of thinking, rockham Sock and robots and one of the greatest toys of all time.
Speaker 6: I'm ready, brother, right, but that's too violent now, you know, just like just like Bugs.
Speaker 5: Bunny cartoons and wild E Coyote, way way too violent.
Speaker 6: I think if you lived.
Speaker 5: Your life off of Big Bugs Bunny at wild E Coyote and the rest of them characters, something else was going to get you.
Speaker 1: But you see, you, You and I watched those cartoons when we were younger, and we never tried to shoot a rocket at anyone. We never tried to drop a boulder on on an innocent animal and things like that. So I don't know, I don't, I don't. I don't make connection.
Speaker 5: Right, And unlike wild E Coyote, I never bought anything from acting.
Speaker 1: Everything that is great stuff.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I appreciate the phone call.
Speaker 4: Don't don't leave me.
Speaker 5: I want to tell you what yourself.
Speaker 1: All right, Yeah, we got to get to Linda and Williamsburg.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, Okay.
Speaker 5: What what makes sense to me is when your phone will not accept updates anymore.
Speaker 6: Uh, it's time to get a new phone.
Speaker 1: That's that. That might be a good rule of thumb right there, Tom.
Speaker 6: That's what I'm waiting on. I ain't doing nothing.
Speaker 1: That's it. Keep it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, Tom. I appreciate the phone, all right, Tom, Tom, thank you very much. Sounds like he's driving out there and great stuff from him. Let's go to Williamsburg and say hey to Linda. Linda seven hundred WLW go.
Speaker 5: Yan Hell are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good Linda? Thanks for calling in. I hope you're having a great day. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: I sure did well. I was just one to tell you I have an iPhone seven and if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Speaker 6: Yeah what uh.
Speaker 1: Joe or not Joe, but Sean McMahon, what what a generation of iPhones are they up to now? I think seventeen now. iPhone seventeen is the latest on. I don't keep up. I don't keep up. I have an iPhone. And before before I got this iPhone, I had an Android and I use that Android for as long as I possibly could. And I and I got that. I got it because my wife told me to get an iPhone so we can do you know, interface and do all that kind of whatever you do with iPhone. And so I don't even know what generation this iPhone is, but it works. It works. I've got the base that you know. I can send a call, I can make a call, I can get a I can get a text message. I'm good. So I'm going to keep using this for as long as I can use. I know the battery last for a long time, which is pretty good, so I'm happy about that. Yeah, my battery is not too good, but I.
Speaker 2: Don't really care because I don't really like talking on the phone too much. And if somebody can't get a hold of me, no, that's too bad.
Speaker 1: Are you using your iPhone to talk to me right now?
Speaker 5: I sure am.
Speaker 1: Well then then that's a good thing.
Speaker 2: That's a good thing. So I don't know if anybody can beat the iPhone seven. It's not.
Speaker 5: Anybody's got an older one than that.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised I couldn't.
Speaker 1: I couldn't tell you the difference between one of the other. And before I before I let you go, Linda, have you done any shopping on this Black Friday?
Speaker 2: Now I have I have my own antique store.
Speaker 1: Ah, well, very good. Well, I hope a lot of people did people. Hope people did a lot of shopping at your store.
Speaker 2: Then, well I had some traffic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very good. All right, Well, Linda and Williamsburg, I appreciate the phone call and you have yourself. All right. There you go, Linda and Williamsburg. Great stuff there. But yeah I saw that with with the creator of the Rockham Sock and Robots and light Bright, how much you think that guy was worth? Hey, what what a great toy?
Speaker 2: Sew M Man.
Speaker 1: You're probably too young for Rockham Sock and Robots, aren't you.
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: I had someone I was a kid. Did you have him? Yeah? Yeah, I think I got him when I was like probably, I don't know, maybe ten or something like that. What a great toy though, Oh they were great, What a what a fantastic toy. They premiered in nineteen sixty four, and then Meyer created light Bright in nineteen sixty seven. And I remember the lightewright. I never had one, but I had my cousins and neighbors that had them. And you go in there and you stick the peg and there and the peg lights up, and man, that see that. That was high tech. Back in the day. That was cool. You put the black piece of paper in there and then you create whatever design you want. You put the colored peg in the peg lights up. That was That was some some some great stuff. But now we've got these artificial intelligence toys and I guess they're great. But the us P I RG whatever that stands for Education Fund has put out a the Trouble and toy Land Report, and they have found that four toys that contain AI chatbots have some issues. They say, we found these toys. Some of these toys will talk in depth about sexually explicit topics, will offer advice on where a child can find matches or knives, act dismayed when you say you have to leave. They have limited parental controls. They also look at privacy concerns because these toys can record a child's voice and collect other sensitive data. So you've got these AI toys out there that I guess are now hazardous to kids because they do all these kind of creepy things. They talk about this one toy called the AI powered Kuma Teddy Bear Ku Mma Kuma Teddy Bear. They had to temporarily see sales of the product in response to over safety concerns raised by researchers. The Bear's AI chatbot was proven to instruct children on how to start fires, find knives in their home, how to locate prescription drugs. The company claims the Teddy Bear, once again for sale, has stronger child protections in place. So you go out there, you buy these, and then this is like stuff movies are made out. You know, when you had rock' socker robots, I guess the most danger you face there was maybe pinching a finger you get you know, you get it stuck into the the you pop the the one robot right on the chin, his head pops up and you got to push it back down. Maybe you pinch a finger in there. Maybe you get a little rough with the toys sometimes maybe yeah, some real punches start flying if you get beat too many times. But now you've got these AI driven toys that are telling kids to do all these all these terrible things. So the world is changing. And if you're if you're like me, you're a grandparent, you're going to be out shopping for toys for your grandchildren. It may not be up on all that stuff. I was kind of hoping to run some of that stuff by matteries today. But John Mattery's you on a Friday is taking some time off, so good for him. But I hope he's having a great, a great Thanksgiving, and I hope you had a great Thanksgiving as well. That is going to do it for me. It is time for me to go. We've got what is it? What do we have coming up? The Bengals reports? Correct, they have the Bengals report coming up, and then we are going to do a little news and then we are going to hear a little Xavier pregame because Xavier is playing basketball tonight and that'll be right here on the Big One. So we're looking forward to hearing Byron and Joe with the call of the Big Game. And good luck to Indian Hill, good luck to Anderson, good luck to Saint x all the local teams still alive in high school football, big weekends coming up from them. We'll see you next time here on the Home of the Best. Bengals Coverage seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 9: From the UC Health Traffic Center. U See Health's Epilepsy Center is way toward better days for people with epilepsy with access to clinical trials from leading neurologists. Expect more at ucehealth dot com. Roadways accident free still at the moment, but you're going to have to expect some of those slowdowns out there. Southbound seventy five construction causing delays between Ronald Reagan Highway and Norwood Lateral still got about a five minute delay on southbound seventy one between Ronald Reagan Highway and Montgomery Road, and mall traffic causing delays westbound on Galbreath between seventy one and Kenwood and northbound on Kenwood between seventy one and galbr I met you sound like on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: And here is the nine first warning forecast. After a sunny day tonight, we'll see some clouds roll in tonight, overnight freezing temperatures alone near twenty rain and snow on tap for tomorrow. Snow in the morning turning to rain in the afternoon. We could see anywhere between a trace of snow and up to three inches in some places. Tomorrow's high thirty eight Saturday night, another rain snow mix heading into Sunday is going to be windy as well, and we are looking for an overnight low Saturday into Sunday, right around thirty two. It is thirty four at seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 10: Is it true Tom Brenneman was the bass player in a punk band called Mush Potato That is mostly not true. Is it true that Tom Brenneman can speak to dolphins but chooses not too because of their attitude? It sounds possible, but not true. Is it true that listening to Tom Brenneman make sure more better? That one is true?
Speaker 1: Please join me in the morning for the latest news, weather, traffic, sports, at a truckload more to get your