Speaker 1: It's Marcus and we're doing second date update. We're back with it. The way it works is if you get ghosted after a first.
Speaker 2: Date, I'll call your date with you on the phone and we'll try to figure it all out in real time. Typically I've got you on mute, so I get the info and then hopefully you get the second date. So let's bring on, Nate.
Speaker 3: I'm here.
Speaker 4: How are you good?
Speaker 1: How are you doing?
Speaker 3: You're doing all right, I'm doing okay.
Speaker 2: I want to talk about your date obviously with Sienna down there in San Jose. Yeah, I understand that you that you met online. What did you do on your first date? Because I guess she's ghosted.
Speaker 5: Yeah, haven't.
Speaker 3: Haven't heard back from her since our date, which I thought. We had a great time. It was it was really fun. You know, we went room for steaks and during OJ's and you know, there was this It was kind of fun because there was this wedding party in the back and so the whole vibe of the.
Speaker 5: Of the place was just electric.
Speaker 3: So without without really being a part of that wedding party, we were just having a great time.
Speaker 1: You were playing by proxy.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, basically, you know at one point at groom, when Cambines tried to offer a shot, say, it was just really a fun atmosphere, Okay, why not. The conversation was great, Like really, there wasn't any dull moments, no pauses. We both come from big families, so like we had so much sibling drama for sure about which was really fun. Yeah we're both like horror movies. I don't know, we've neither of us know how to whistle right, you know. And yeah, yeah it was fun. It was just a fun that. I thought the chemistry was really good. I thought we had a connection, okay, and.
Speaker 5: Just genuinely surprised to not have heard back.
Speaker 2: Let me try to figure it out. So what we'll do is we'll call Sienna, Like I said, we'll have you on the phone muted and let's see if we can get some answers. Ultimately, I would love to get you a second day second date update brought to you by my people at Pomponio Ranch meets handcrafted beef jerky packed with bold flavored made from premium ranch raised beef right here on the San Mateo County coast. It's the Bay's beef Jerkey. Go to Pomponio Ranch meets dot Com. Use my code Marcus fifty for fifty percent off your first order. I've got my guy Nate on the phone, and he and Sienna went to Original Joe's in Santose, Oh Jays for some stakes. I love the part about being there with a wedding party. Nate, Are you still there?
Speaker 3: Nate?
Speaker 1: I just want to make sure we're all cute.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 2: And so you guys got offered shots by one of the groomsmen, and so it's fun.
Speaker 1: But she is ghosted, so let's call her. Let's figure this out, all right, go ahead and go on mute. Here we go. Okay, all right, hello, Hi, may I speak to Siena? Please speaking?
Speaker 4: Who's this?
Speaker 1: Good morning?
Speaker 2: It's It's Marcus from Star one on one three. I do the I do the morning show on Star. I don't suppose you listen, do you?
Speaker 4: I haven't no, Okay.
Speaker 1: So radio show, I'm wondering if you have a second to be on the air. Okay, sure, Oh thanks.
Speaker 2: We're doing this segment called second Date Update. And I got floated your phone number by a guy that listens to our show, and he says, you guys went on our first date. He's feeling like you ghosted. So I'm trying to figure out do you do something wrong or what happened. I'm wondering if you could talk about your date with Nate.
Speaker 1: How was it? How was it for you?
Speaker 4: Well, I would say this is kind of strange, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean he said it was strong, he said it was good.
Speaker 6: It started off well until he pulled out a pocket knife to cut his steak.
Speaker 4: I mean, who travels around with cutlery?
Speaker 1: He brought his own knife.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I thought that was I thought that was very strange and sure, Yeah, and you know, he kept making a lot of dad jokes even though I told him that, you know, I'm not into that, and I would like that, you know, to just just talk without him just being on you know, constantly, like.
Speaker 4: Just talk like a regular person.
Speaker 1: Sure, do you know?
Speaker 6: Like the the big moment that really pushed it over was when the bill came and he asked loudly if they offered first.
Speaker 1: Date discounts to this to the server.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just really turned me off.
Speaker 2: Sure, I can imagine. Well, a big part of this is that that Nate is actually on the phone. He's actually listening right now, and now I have questions.
Speaker 1: Nate, are you there? Yeah, yeah, I'm still here, Nate, Sienna Siena, Nate. So, Nate, this is a lot. Did you really bring your own pocket knife?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, yeah, yeah, Okay, I see how that's kind of strange, but that's just I mean, that's how I grew up. I grew up with a with a dad that we we built stuff every day. He would say he called his uh, he called his knife his pants. So when we'd leave works that you got your pants on, and that meant did you have your blaid on you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you're not. You're you yourself camping.
Speaker 3: But I always have a blade on me.
Speaker 6: So I just have a knight.
Speaker 5: It's one of my favorite new knives, and I was just using it. I didn't realize it was gonna be such an issue.
Speaker 6: Okay, see how that's I mean, you're going to a steakhouse they have knives.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, I I do see that, I get it.
Speaker 3: I you know what, honestly I kind of thought it maybe it was quirky. It's just definitely who I am.
Speaker 1: Okay. And then I mean, were you were you firing off the jokes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gone.
Speaker 5: She's not wrong about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I think I was nervous and that was just nervous energy coming out.
Speaker 5: She did mention it actually a couple.
Speaker 3: Of times for me to quit and my mouth just didn't have a filter. My brain thinks in puns sometimes do I get nervous? And then you know with the wedding party and they were coming through and.
Speaker 5: Just it was very joky, and I slipped right into it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, that's that's just my bad. I I could have done better on that front.
Speaker 1: Okay, And then apparently you're cheapest date imaginable.
Speaker 3: I mean, come on, that's funny.
Speaker 5: I just thought that was funny, and it's true. You never do know unless you ask.
Speaker 1: I've gotten discounts.
Speaker 3: Before verasking that you just you never know.
Speaker 1: Not on the first date.
Speaker 4: Actually, I mean, that was a ridiculous thing to ask.
Speaker 2: See any he really likes you, he seems apologetic. Could we go for a second date like.
Speaker 1: I do over now that we've got some self awareness.
Speaker 3: No,