Speaker 1: Hi, Billy cunning him the great America, welcome this Friday afternoon, the Tristead. Of course, the big news is tonight, a lot of great high school football going on. And then on Sunday at four twenty five, the Bengali's take it off against the Packers, and of course we have Flaco Wacko Flacco is in charge. We have just changed Joe for another Joe, and we'll see what happens. Burrow to Flacco and the game starts at four to twenty five. All coverage starts here about nine oh five am in the morning, and that gives Joe Waco Flacco in additional three hours to know the playbook and made me understand what's going on and if he wins, if he could beat the Packers twice over a four week period, he'd be the first quarterback in an NFL history over a four week period to beat the same team twice with two different teams he's playing for, which is somewhat unusual if you can follow my reasoning there. But the Bengals do things quite unreasonable quite often. Why the Browns would want to trade a functional quarterback to a division rival that haven't beaten they haven't beaten yet. Cleveland Cincinnati plays in about six weeks. Is beyond me. But Cleveland Browns often make decisions no one understands, but joan of you and I now is the great Steve Gooden. He's running for city council. Unfortunately, he sees hope in the city. And also he monitored the great debate last night. I had on Corey Bowman a couple of days ago. After have pure of all refuses to come on. But nonetheless, Steve Gooden, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham shun. First of all, I know you monitored the debate as much as your good stomach. Give me your ideas of what happened last night with a great debate for Mayor.
Speaker 2: Well, look, I think anybody that watched that debate that didn't conclude that our mayor is a petty, didn't skinned individual who has no business in an office like that, They weren't seeing the same thing I saw. It's all attack. It's all trying to paint everyone he disagrees with as a mega fashion extremists. He has nothing he can say about his record, nothing to say about the gun battle on Walnut Street on Monday night at five o'clock in the afternoon when people were leaving their offices, where two idiots got into a fight and started shooting and one of them got shot in the hand. It was just he has nothing to say about the new crime stats this week that show property crimes up more than one hundred percent downtown, that now shows that downtown is our most violent neighborhood. Of all the neighborhoods that starts the West End, Avondale, other places where we've seen gun violence, Downtown is the worst. He didn't talk about our restaurants being down twenty to twenty five percent. He didn't talk about this River Roots Festival having to cancel all their acts because of poor ticket sales because people are afraid to come downtown. He didn't talk about any of that. He just tried to say that Corey Bowman was some sort of an extremist or something, and you know, it was just it was a disgrace.
Speaker 1: You know, a few mothers. A few years ago, the Tall Stacks came here. It was well attended, people going nuts. All the cruises were sold out, the dinner cruises, etc. People downtown. It was all great stuff. It was good. Now that we have river Roots is happening, and no one knows that. I was unaware until I saw Paula and her toadies a couple of nights ago talking about river Roots. I'm thinking, what is that? And so you're telling me something I suspected. There's no buzz, there's no feeling that those in Boone, Kenton, Campbell, those in Butler, Warren, those in Columbus want to come to downtown Cincinnati, get a hotel room, walk around Fountain Square, maybe with kevlar on, go to the shores of the Ohigh, look at these old river boats, get some rubber chicken, then go back to the room if they're alive. And so that to me is a clear indicator indicator about what's happening with river Roots, which is a dud. And I would think the mayor would say, you know what these are? The Paula this is the last four years on crime, Support the police, support the firefighters. We need affordable housing, We need better healthcare clinics, we need better programs of one type or another.
Speaker 2: None of that was.
Speaker 1: He can't defend his record. So it's Tora Tora against Corey Bowman. So let's talk about number one crime you're downtown a lot. You're a big time lawyer in addition to being unfortunately running for city council. What have you discerned the last two or three years the safety of downtown Cincinnati that those around the region, no I'm not going down there.
Speaker 2: Well, that's exactly what's happening. I mean, you see it. You know. Look, I have an office right up this street. I lived downtown for years, and I can tell you it is less safe than it was four years ago. They used COVID as an excuse to pull back on some of the policing. We have a police staffing crisis, which we've known for many years. There's not enough officers to walk the beat, and a lot of the officers are approaching retirement. Agent cannot be made under the contract to work mandatory over time. It's a disaster. It's not safe. People want to use our downtown. We have all these beautiful new attractions, new buildings, new restaurants, but they're suffering. And I look, you know it's so bad now that the Inquirer has a regular column every month that tells you which restaurants closed They've got there. Keith panned off. He's a great writer for the actually does a column on closures and openings. Okay, so, and there's always more closures and openings, and most of them ru in that downtown area. It's killing these small businesses. There are people who have put their entire lives, savings, everything on the line to try to open small businesses there because they were told, Look, the city's investing it over the Rhine, investing in downtown. But if you don't invest in public safety, all the buildings, all the rehabs in the world don't make sense. If people are afraid of getting shot, they're a free to getting shot. And on this River Roots Tall Stack thing, I mean, you know, all the music acts, all the big music acts, they had to cancel and pull away. I mean they lost millions on this thing, I'm told. And because the last time we had a music festival, the Cincinnati Music Festival, the Old Jazz Fest, we made international news because of the attack on this Holly and those people and the Fourth Street beat down as they call it. So of course the older people with people who have options and want to choose word to spend their money, they're not going to come down and take that risk. And we also go I mean, my daughter runs a restaurant over in Covington, that Covington and Bellevue were the ones that are reaping the benefit. They have lines out the door from people who don't want to come downtown because it's safe because you can see police officers walking around Covington. Yes, because Bellevue has lights and they haven't made so you know, people are voting with their feet. And it's to the dutchment of everyone. And this is the council and active. They don't want to talk about it. They have to go negative because they really have nothing else to say.
Speaker 1: And on Borough Love and Kevin had an headline the other day about on the great debate is the National Guard needed in Cincinnati? Instead of asking the question why is the National Guard needed in Cincinnati? What are the policies of the current administration that incentivize criminals and disincentivized police. One of the great statements in Last Night is about all the crime. We're enabling police to do their job, is what f Ted Piroval says. We're enabling police to do their job.
Speaker 2: No, they're not.
Speaker 1: There's millions of dollars being spent on social welfare programs that could have hired an additional two underd police officers instead of hiring cops. They're paying arm robbers one thousand dollars a month as part of an ambassador program not to commit any more armed robberies, including travel vouchers to other American cities. Plus, I'm told some of the council candidates have Iris Roley and others that are being enabled to go after council candidates personally, and of course Iris Roly can do that. She makes one hundred and six or more thousand dollars a year as an ambassador of type. She's the implementer of the so called so called initiative to improve the relationship between the city and the cops, and she's being paid to attack. Can you explain, have you been the subject of an attack because the collaborative representative, not an employee of the city, making more than comps and firefighters, is being incentivized under the collaborative to attack council candidates that don't like have tad purerival. Have you been subjected to that?
Speaker 2: I had been subjected to skating, although I think in effective attacks by miss role Lee, particularly online. And look, here's the way it works. This is the new version of patronage at city Hall. You know, they do have civil service protections for full time employees. They can't get involved in politics. So what they do is they give these big contracts to so called consultants or to nonprofits. A lot of them are bogus, and that's how they defund the police. They fund the money to these places. So Iris, you know, used to be an activist outside the city Hall and some of the stuff she did was good, some of it was bad, but she was on her own time and she had a right to do it. Now she has a paid city content and through a loophole, is not subject to civil service protections and is clearly being used to attack people like me that they see as being you know, actually, I think the attacks are good news for me because it means they must have some polling that show people like me and Smitham and others are in the hunt. But yes, they've come after me. It's very clearly coordinated. She and Damon Lynch. You know, hundreds of people from I guess from these church communities that they associate with, are on Facebook and other places attacking me. My favorite is a guy that keeps calling me, well it gives me a white piece of dog crap every day I post something. He puts that on there actually doesn't say crap, but I guess I can't say the full thing here. And my other favorite is one who keeps calling me, quote a mediocre douchebag, which which is particularly offensive because I thought I was an extraordinary douchebag. I really work hard at it, so I was really hurt by that. The mediocre part really hurts. But this is the kind of stuff they do, and these are tax dollars paying this woman who has no real metrics. We can't tell what she does with her days, but she's out there not promoting the mayor but attacking his critics. Well, now that should bother anybody who from a taxpayer standpoint.
Speaker 1: Does she put in forty tough hours a week? Is she up there eight o'clock on Monday morning, she'll be reporting to the collaborative. And then what happened a few months ago is when she interfered with arrest and over the rhine the police union Ken Kobra wanted her arrested. In fact that he told the cops the next time she interferes with an arrest, arrest her and that's the number one said. That's exactly what she wants. She wants to be a victim. So how can anyone say Iris Rowlie is performing collaborative work when she has no work schedule, she has no job. She collects serious money. I understand, a three year contract worth four hundred and fifty thousand dollars a year in order to collaborate with who about what? And how can you be attacked when you're not in office at all? And those in office not performing or not attacked explain that one to me?
Speaker 2: Well, I can tell you, I mean, I mean, apparently she's curious at me because I went on the VXU radio program and had the temerity to criticize her arrangement. And we've also called out the fact publicly that she's got her son working for her company. So again, if she were an actual civil servant, the nepotism rules would apply. So she's funneling money to her son as a full time or a part time employee making forty five hundred bucks a month. And again there's no metrics, there's no time sheets. From what we can tell, I mean, we don't know what they're doing or not doing. But I can also tell you this when I talked to King Kober, and I talked to my friends at the FOP, who I am proud endorsed our candidacy. Her actions are one of the number one, probably the number two issue with morale. Number one is staffing by far, but number two it's having people like Iris reporting to the mayor and the city manager or who are openly critical of police, not just individual officers but out there interfering with the rests, but just critical of police in general, and calling to defund the police by steering money toward her program. This awful community responders thing they have. They've got a couple millions stuck into that where they send social workers out to crime scenes to do god knows what. Eventually when I'm gonna get shot. And I always say, if you want to see how they're really defunding the police, drive over some of these speed humps that they spent tens of millions of dollars on. They're using those as an excuse not to bring officers into patrol. The speed humps are a form of defunding the police. It's tens of millions of dollars. There's a whole recruit class plus in those speed humps, and they just don't want the officers out there doing traffic inter addiction anymore and writing tickets. It's one of the reasons we have so many guns, frankly, because a lot, as you know from practicing criminal law, a lot of guns are recovered at traffic stops. That's just part of how it happens. So we don't really meaningfully do traffic in the city anymore on the speed humps. And that's a form of defunding the police. That's the kind of thing that she's Those are the initiatives she and people like that have been pushing. That can't be true.
Speaker 1: Crazy, None of this is true because the mayor said he enables police to do their job, you know that. And the other thing he said is affordable housing. I like to know, and Kevin Aldridge push pushed back on this. What is affordable housing the people's judge and I, you know, want to downsize a little bit. Every now and then I look at Oakley or Hyde Park. God knows, I never lived downtown or OTR, but we wouldn't mind living in Oakley or maybe Hyde Park and say we looked at these new housing being constructed on at Oakley. It's going to be home a rama. Do you know what it costs at the minimum price to go in Oakley?
Speaker 2: I can only guess you're in the four to five grand a month in some of those for the departments.
Speaker 1: From what I understand, Well, if you want to buy one, it's one point three to one point six million, I say one point three to one point six million in Oakley. And if you want to have a rental, if you want to run a place in and around hyde Park Square, it's forty five hundred dollars a month. And so I would ask the average American is one point three million? Is that affordable? Secondly, is forty five hundred dollars a month for an apartment?
Speaker 2: Is that affordable?
Speaker 1: So instead of talking about, well the last four years, give me some results on affordable housing or development like the Hyde Park debacle, Instead of doing that, he talks about our plan provides more affordable housing. What the hell does that mean? It's untethered the reality.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, nobody knows what affordable housing means when they talk about it. I mean, if you're getting really technical, and I do a lot of work in this world with development, what he's really talking what I guess he's trying to talk about, is this you know, income restricted housing that the federal government pays for, you know, through HUD dollars that they're trying to push. They're pushing it on the same neighborhoods over and over, like the West End and Bond Hill and Price Hill, and they don't want anymore. They've at it with that kind of affordable housing. But what the what they typically call what these developers called naturally occurring affordable housing, which is you know, reasonable rents because of good supply. We don't have that. Because of the way our the city tax abatements have worked. They're incentivized to build these really high end units and get really high rents and try to get really high stuff. I mean, maybe iHeart will co sign with you on a on a million dollar mortgage at the end, maybe you could talk about that like some of your contracts. But it is not affordable to the average person. This Hyde Park development thing, the battle there. Those apartments were going to go for forty five hundred a month. Yeah, and they portrayed that as anyone who was against that, They said, you're a nimby who's against affordable housing. It's just nonsense. I mean, forty five hundred dollars a month it did me to qualify for that is you know, you would need an income well.
Speaker 1: Over two hundred ran well six sixty thousand a year in rent. And so if that's thirty percent of what you're making, you'd have to make two hundred and twenty five thousand dollars to maybe two fifty after paying taxes. And that it doubt and af TAB Pierreval says that's affordable to buy something in Oakley one point three million, or to get an apartment in Hyde Park is forty five hundred dollars. That's affordable. And he stands up there and I'm one last issue. I'm told we are awaystation to the glories of the administration of af Tab Pureval, either in Columbus or Washington, DC, whether it's the clerk's office, running for the Congress. He didn't want to become the mayor. It happened because of what happened to PG Sittingville. That's the only reason. So he's on his way to glory. And now he's going to use all of his success in Cincinnati to launch a nationwide or statewide campaign for something af TAB for Ohio. How would that fly in Steubenville.
Speaker 2: I think you know, I'm told he already has all those website domain names purchased, but I think he may as well just make he may as well just retire those black because you know my understanding, islack. Look, you know I've talked from our friends and well I think he's well, first they're going to sue him. I think that's some like intellectual property copyright infringement that'll catch up with him. But this poor guy is going to have a hard time if you ever run statewide. I mean, this guy has been not just not endorsed by the police union, but the FOP. They voted no confidence in it in his performance, and that will haunt him throughout the rest of his political career if indeed he has one. But courts have some was station Yeah, Well he did a number on the courthouse too. A lot of these judges that he handpicked and selected and encouraged to run are the ones that are letting these people out on low bond. So he has been a very consequential figure in town, both in the courthouse and at city hall, and in a very bad way. So he's got a record that will haunt him everywhere. Save Good and keep being a douchebag. It comes naturally to me. Thank you very much for your time.
Speaker 1: Now you're a lawyer, so that it fits Steve Good and thank you very much. We get the government we deserve. Let's continue with more Steve Thank you news. Next, that's your home of non douchebags. News Radio seven hundreds WLW