Speaker 1: It's to win one thousand dollars entered this nationwide keyword on our website.
Speaker 2: Cash that's cash enter it now.
Speaker 3: Yes, Rocket, it is Halloween week. What are you going out here this year?
Speaker 2: Ed?
Speaker 4: You're going with the slutty bartender outfit again?
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go slutty nurse this year. And just how that works out for me, which you know, yeah, man, why not? You know it's worth in the past.
Speaker 4: How about you slutty fireman?
Speaker 5: Slutty fireman one this year? I get I well, Bo would go out by himself. He's old enough to go by himself. But do you take the little guys out someplace?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll find somewhere right here and go.
Speaker 3: Do you go with him? Or does uh? Does Kelly go with?
Speaker 4: I feel like I thought last year I was out of they had a game or something, and so I can't. Hey, yeah, whatever, we'll figure it out. You know what you need to do is take them on a ghost tour and I have just there you go, and I have just the person for you.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 5: It is our guest from American Legacy Tours. And of course we're talking about the ghost tours they have going on right now. And the stuff she is seeing along the way on said ghost tours. She is our good friend, Miranda McGhee, Miranda, always our pleasure.
Speaker 6: I'm so glad you called. I was working on my slutty kangaroo costume. Sorry, this is great timing, guys, so maybe we should all meet up together slutty like sludy, sluttychanger. It's got a really big pouch. I'll tell you that.
Speaker 3: That sounds like the beginning of a really good joke.
Speaker 6: I've gone too far. I've gone too far, guys.
Speaker 3: Oh, you're on the Rocky Show. You've not gone too far.
Speaker 5: So Miranda, I'm looking at your guys's schedule here and it looks as though you have just a couple of tours for like Tomorrow night and on Halloween night, just a couple, yeah.
Speaker 6: And on Saturday as well November first. But they are selling out like crazy, so if you want to get in, now is the time, which is great for us because everybody the spirits have been incredibly active this season. I'm so glad you texted me last night, Eddie to be like, hey, do you want to talk about it? Because my husband won't listen to my ghost stories. Anymore. He's like, oh my gosh, just what November come already? And I'm like, but wait, this happens. He's a huge skeptic, so he doesn't believe any of it. And I'm like, but then, okay, you guys get this Eddie Rocky all right. So I took him down to the tunnels where we go for our Nightmare on Elm Street tour because somebody proposed down there and they wanted to have me hide the ring. I don't know, they're like history buff. We get down into the tunnels, just the two of us, and he started to look a little nervous. He was like, oh, it is kind of spooky down here. That's my that's my Lexington accent. Here's from Lexington.
Speaker 2: And it was really good, by the way, Yeah, it's like good.
Speaker 6: He's like, oh, it's just kind of freaky. And he were getting increasingly freaked out while I'm trying to work out way to hide the string, and finally he just yelled out. He yelled to the tunnels. He said, well, y'all can't hurt me because because Jesus, he just yelled out, Jesus solid argument.
Speaker 5: As long as I've just went and down does scream Jesus and.
Speaker 6: Jesus, you got your back, you got me. I thought it anyway, so that's why I was glad. He's like, I'm glad you're talking to Eddie and Rocky, so I don't have to listen to it anymore.
Speaker 5: Okay, So well let's we We talked to you of the last couple of years, and every year you've got stories.
Speaker 3: What are some of the latest?
Speaker 6: So I don't know if I ever talked to you guys, because I just saw this the other day at the Campbell County Courthouse. Have you guys ever been there? I mean, Rocky you must have been there a few times, right the courthouse.
Speaker 4: I haven't been in trouble with the laws, that's.
Speaker 3: It's the last time he went on a slutty fire.
Speaker 4: But out there, yeah, it was a big hit case.
Speaker 6: That's what I thought. So the Campbell County Courthouse, which by the way, was built between eighteen eighty three and eighteen eighty four for a whopping one thousand dollars. Wow, I know inflation right by the way, You guys, my friend's hate but I have this job. We're like walking down the street and I'm like, you know in eighteen fifty they're like, oh my gosh, stop it. Anyway, so the courthouse that was the last execution that was done there was for the murderers of Pearl Brian. Do you guys remember Pearl Brian. Have you heard about her?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: I don't think so.
Speaker 6: Okay, it may start sounding for familiar. It made pretty massive news around here in the eighteen hundreds, but it's still talked about today. She was a young lady in the late eighteen hundreds eighteen ninety six, she was twenty two years old from Indiana, and a guy from Cincinnati, Scott Jackson, decapitated her because she got pregnant out of wedlock and he didn't want to have to deal with the baby, so he decapitated her while she was still alive. And it's rumored the head was never found, and it's rumored to be under where Bobby Mackie's used to be, which is why Bobby Mackie's was felt wanted over the other side of the river.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Sure, And anyway, so they get these guys, Scott Jackson and Alonzo Walling. They drugged her with cocaine and then decapitated her in Fort Thomas, and left the body, but took the head and they took it like once they decapitated her. They put her head in a bag and then went to a pub and they gave the bag to the bartender to take care of while they were drinking. And the bartender was like, ooh, this is heavy. Is there a bowling bowl in here? And Scott Jackson, guy that murdered, he just smiled. He was like yes. And then when they were hanged on the lawn right in front of Newport, in front of Campbell County Courthouse, the ropes were not measured correctly, so instead of jumping and having their necks broken, they slowly strangled to death over a few minutes, which I call karma. But because of that, we were at Campbell County Courthouse the other day. There's a man that stands in the bell tower and we think that's Scott Jackson still because he died in a slow way, that his spirit is still hanging around as it should be because he did a really terrible thing.
Speaker 5: Yes, Now, what do you when you see something like that? Are you just seeing a shadowy figure or is there a face attached to it?
Speaker 6: Or what it was? When I saw him we were there sort of late at night training on a tour and I looked up and I just saw like it looked like there was a man in the bell tower. And I looked up and I turned to my fellow guy Laura. I was like, Hey, there's a guy up there. And then we looked back and he wasn't there. And She's like, no one's ever in the belt. How you must have seen the ghosts of Scott Jackson. Wow? Now wow?
Speaker 4: So and this is like, I mean, is this a pretty well known one or is this a little bit more obscure.
Speaker 6: I guess Pearl Brian made like nationwide news in the eighteen hundreds, and people just know because Bobby Mackie's used to like really sort of cash in and on that story because they never did find her head, and there was rumors that there was a satanic cult in the basement of Bobby Mackie's and so, and they apparently brought the head there as an offering to their dark lord. I know. Anyway, Bobby Mackie's isn't there anymore.
Speaker 5: But let me ask you that, because that's a we'd years ago on the boarding show. We'd spent the well, we had our producers spend the night in there, and uh, it just so happens that a couple of day other guys from the show stayed there and hid in the in the attic or something, of course, and they were they were putting, they were making noise and banging on pipes and stuff, and that poor guy had wet himself so hard by the time we got there in the morning he could barely talk. But I'm not kidding you. Yeah, and well and well you well, you know this story, Marianda. That wasn't there always like a rose scented perfume or something connected with her appearance or I forget what it was. But they they sprayed like, you know, some of the like room deodorizer stuff with the floral scent to it. And He's like, I smelled the flowers. I smelled the flowers. I heard the noise. Uh you know, that was a funny.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 6: You started to say we spent the night there, and you're like.
Speaker 5: No, So so now you've talked before about having actual physical contacts with these things. Has anything like that happened to you lately?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: So on our Ultimate Queen City Haunted Tour, which is really cool. We go through like you know, you hear the dark history of Washington Park, which you gentlemen know about that it used to be three separate cemeteries and half the park has never been dug up. So there's still heaps of bodies in Washington Park, which is exactly why the dog park is paved over, because they don't want the little puppas digging around like coming up with a femur.
Speaker 3: Wow, I didn't notice.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the children's playground as well. There's heaps of bodies under the children's playground as well. So the record was destroyed through the fires we've had at city Hall and the courthouse, so nobody knew about the bodies until twenty eleven when they did the forty eight million dollar renovation and dug out the underground parking garage. Then they found all the bodies.
Speaker 4: Now, how many how many do you think? How many do they say that there are down there? Would they guess?
Speaker 6: So down the north end, the part they dug out for the underground parking garage, they found seven three graves because at the time, in eighteen sixty, they used to be three separate cemeteries. This is hilarious. You guys. In the eighteen sixties, they decided they wanted to do something nice for over the Rhine because it was three separate cemeteries. They like, you know what, let's change this into a park. So they put out a city wide announcement saying, hey, if you have people buried here, can you come get them? Because they're trying to build a park. I know, right.
Speaker 4: I was like, are a major inconvenience here?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What a nuisance Grandpa?
Speaker 6: You know, I was really upset when the metro went up by like ten percent. I was like, two dollars twenty to ride the metro. Now, I imagine going to be asked to pick up like your relatives is probably a bigger ask. So I had to think about that perspective. I was like, Okay, I can get twenty cents. I don't have to go dig up great great uncle George. So they put out a city wide announcement saying, yeah, can you come get your relatives? A few people did, but a lot of people were like, no, we're not doing that. So then the city, because it was eighteen sixty, they just plucked out the headstones, put three feet of dirt on top, and cold it a day because it was eighteen sixty, they're like, who's gonna know? Wow, and this is you don't know until you know. And then twenty eleven is when we found that out that all those bodies there. So we found seventy three graves in the north end. The South end which hasn't been dug up. We've used ground penetrating radar. There are so many bodies in the South End. So you know those beautiful lawns. Somebody on my tour the other day we walked into Washington Park. She said, oh my gosh, I got married right on these lawns and I had to do it. I was like, oh, people were dying to go to that wedding. You guys like that joke? Yeah? Perfect, thank you.
Speaker 4: So that's it was so funny, by the way, Yeah, go ahead, Sorry, no, what's funny by the way. Sorry yeah, no, I was just saying like like we think they're like ohing, and you know, back in the day, things were, you know, a little more pure and refined. No, just just push more dirt over these bodies here. No one cares, you know, dig a mob, whatever, doesn't matter.
Speaker 6: It was the worst back then, and the medical colleges. At the time eighteen hundred, the only bodies they could get to practice on the medical students were from executed prisoners. It was taboo to donate your body to science, and so Ohiomedical College did an unprecedented thing. They were located on Yne Street. They started saying, hey, if you give us a body, because obviously they were desperate for bodies. They're like, if you give us the body, we will pay you one hundred and twenty five dollars, no questions asked. So two things became incredibly popular in Cincinnati, murder and grave robbing. The Ohio Medical College became known as the Ohio Murder College because they had so many bodies that started selling them to different universities like the University of Michigan.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 6: And then they had to rebrand, so now they're the College of Medicine at the University of Cincinnati. So go back, caps.
Speaker 4: Well, if you know this story, I mean tied to that though, is you know Bill Cunningham, right of course, uh noon to three. One of his ancestors, Old Cunney, was a grave robber in Cincinnati.
Speaker 3: This is true, honest to god facts. Ask him about it and he'll tell you. We'll probably have to. We're going to talk to him at five o'clock. Then we have to ask him to go through all this. But yeah, he was.
Speaker 4: He was a grave robber for that very reason.
Speaker 3: It was profitable, so.
Speaker 6: He was a very rich man.
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 6: We will make me a dollar twenty five a day and one hundred and twenty five dollars to a body.
Speaker 5: I was gonna say, one hundred and twenty five dollars a body that went a long way back then.
Speaker 3: Man, huge, Yeah he did.
Speaker 6: It's about I think it's about fifteen hundred dollars today, But to go way back, I'm sorry. You guys asked me if i'd had the experiences recently on that to Queen City Haunted. Not only do we go through washing Pok, but we go into the Symphony Hotel. Have you guys been to the Symphony Hotel right by Music Hall.
Speaker 3: I've seen it, but i'd never.
Speaker 6: Been in it. I have not. That's kiud. You guys probably give it a wide berth. You're like, oh, it feels creepy. You should send your producers in there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, spend the night.
Speaker 6: Yeah, tellan to spend the night in the Mozart room. So the Symphony Hotel back in the nineteen forties was called the Clyde Hotel, which you could rent a room for just a couple of hours. And there was a lady of the night. We'll call her Monica. Her name is actually Monica, but we'll call her a lady of the night. But you know what she kind of did for work. And in the Mozart room she was murdered by a client who was unsatisfied, and then he rolled her in the carpet and stuffed her under the bed. And she is very active in that room. The other week, I had a couple on the tour. The boyfriend obviously didn't want to be there. He'd been like dragged there and we left the Mozart room and he's like, Miranda, I just had something really weird happened. I thought my girlfriend put her arm around my waist, but then I looked at her and she was like on the other side of the room. So Monica still likes to flirt with the men. And if you stay the night in the room, as your producer will obviously do, if you're laying alone in the bed, you'll feel the bed settle next to you as if somebody has gotten into the bed with you and the sheets get flipped up and people get their feet tickled, so we think it's Monica still doing her job.
Speaker 5: Wow, that sounds like my single days with the With that, Miranda, we will, we will let you go. People want to find out more about these ghost tours. Where can they go?
Speaker 6: Just to American Legacy Tours dot com. I would encourage them to book soon because we are filling up to this last weekend appointed season and Eddie, Now, I'm just thinking about your single days and your feet being tickled, So I guess you guys can talk.
Speaker 3: Could have better ghost kudos. I don't know what was going on, doesn't matter, It doesn't matter, Miranda, Thanks so much.
Speaker 6: All right, I can't wait to see you guys in sludy costumes out together. It'd be great.
Speaker 5: Get to get your kangaroo together and kangaroo and ready off we go.
Speaker 3: I love it, alright, saved, Thanks brand with that. We check in with traffic in weather. What's going on?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 7: From the U S Health Traffic Center with a with a Strokevley second countants sodas your team homing a rapid life saving treatment and clinical trials. You see health is a clear choice for stroke care. Learn more. Uce heealth dot com. Seventy one southbound two seventy five crash on their shoulder seventy five north before town. The accident is cleared. We do have Cleff Pike between right around it bruns Nagel Road. It's an accident that has traffic being directed bound that seventy five southbound from the viaduct to the Brent Stenss Brent Spence is about a ten minute trip by Rick S. Repane's radio seven hundred W l W.
Speaker 5: The forecast from a seven hundred WLW weather center for tonight clouds rain, the low of fifty or forty two four tomorrow clouds rain and the high of fifty It is fifty now News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Is it true Tom Brenneman names his pants and his favorite is called Percy? That is not true. Is it true that as a child Tom Brenneman hit under the covers and listen to the radio and he's incredible hulk jammies.
Speaker 2: Well that's one of those yes and those sort of things.
Speaker 1: Is it true Tom Brenneman buss buns to start your day, right.
Speaker 2: That's true and I'm proud of it. Join me for the latest news, traffic from Chuck Ingram, weather from Jennifer Ketchmark, plenty of laughs, and a whole lot more.
Speaker 1: Tom Brenneman tomorrow morning at five am on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: This report is sponsored by Our American Stories. This is Leehavi post of our American Stories. On our next episode, we'll share the story of one of the most legendary fights